Genetic counseling: Offered
Providence, RI 02903
Woburn
12 Alfred Street
Woburn, MA 01801
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Solutions of New England to a friend?

3 doctors
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr Huang showed a great deal of compassion towards our struggle from the beginning, and the moment I met her I knew she would do everything she could to help us. She is devoted to ensuring her patients receive individual and personal care. It’s Dr Huang’s mission to make everyone feel safe and comfortable and she certainly succeeds in this.... However, as more information about my condition was uncovered, I felt as though next steps and the “right thing to do” was a guess. I know fertility doctors do not know it all by any means, but I wasn’t sure the complexity of my case was within her realm
Everyone at Fertility Solutions, including the nurses, all of the doctors and the front desk staff were absolutely wonderful. They were caring, kind and empathetic. They delivered negative news to me in a delicate and careful way and Dr Huang and her nurses never made me feel as though I was bothering them with all my questions and worries.... There are only 3 doctors at Fertility Solutions. Even though Dr Huang was my primary doctor, I often saw the other two for ultrasounds and they called me for bloodwork results or next steps.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, Surrogacy
Endometriosis, Unexplained
How was your experience with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Dr Huang showed a great deal of compassion towards our struggle from the beginning, and the moment I met her I knew she would do everything she could to help us. She is devoted to ensuring her patients receive individual and personal care. It’s Dr Huang’s mission to make everyone feel safe and comfortable and she certainly succeeds in this. If you’re looking for a clinic where you’re not a number and your hand is held every step of the way, this is the place to go. However, as more information about my condition was uncovered, I felt as though next steps and the “right thing to do” was a guess. I know fertility doctors do not know it all by any means, but I wasn’t sure the complexity of my case was within her realm (and by the way, my case was very complicated and somewhat a mystery!). Often times I craved upfront and candid direction but was instead given a range of choices that could work, or could not work, it would all totally depend. Again, infertility is frustrating and unclear for many, but at a certain point, I needed a more experienced doctor/surgeon to take over my case so I moved on to another clinic for another opinion.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Smaller clinics like Fertility Solutions certainly have their benefits (more individualized attention, personal experiences, safe and comfortable environments), but because they see a smaller number of patients, they tend to not “see it all” in terms of cases and conditions. If you have a complicated diagnosis, go with a larger hospital or clinic with more doctors.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Everyone at Fertility Solutions, including the nurses, all of the doctors and the front desk staff were absolutely wonderful. They were caring, kind and empathetic. They delivered negative news to me in a delicate and careful way and Dr Huang and her nurses never made me feel as though I was bothering them with all my questions and worries. They always answered their phones and called right back, which is rare for a fertility clinic.
Describe the protocols Pei-Li Huang used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
I started with IUI as most fertility clinics do. This was when I didn’t have a diagnosis of endometriosis yet. All 3 cycles failed. I moved to IVF and I was put on 225 units of Gonal F and cetrotide. I remember thinking my Gonal F needed to be increased more after a certain stage of egg development but they kept it about the same. I had 23 eggs retrieved. No hyper-stimulation. Did a fresh transfer which resulted in an ovarian ectopic. I sadly lost my ovary in the surgery I received to remove the pregnancy. But I bounced back fairly quickly and transferred the remaining 6 embryos I had left, month after month. All failed. I did one more egg retrieval with Dr Huang with my one ovary and they retrieved 9 eggs. 3 became embryos and we did PGS. Only 1 was normal and sadly, I had another ectopic. This was when we decided to switch clinics
They were all wonderful, helpful and compassionate. Well aligned with the mission of Fertility Solutions. When I switched clinics, I missed their high level of attentiveness and care.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
There are only 3 doctors at Fertility Solutions. Even though Dr Huang was my primary doctor, I often saw the other two for ultrasounds and they called me for bloodwork results or next steps. I got to know all of them, and all of them were wonderful.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Solutions of New England.
I could go in between 7-9am and I actually enjoyed my monitoring visits! The reason is because I loved the staff at the Woburn office. Jaime, the woman who draws blood there (she’s the only one!) is warm, sweet and nurturing. It was a pleasure talking to her - she distracted me from the pain and stress and made me smile every single time I was in. I am so grateful for her and for Deb, an admin at the Woburn office as well. What a wonderful team they were.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England.
I was lucky to have insurance cover the majority of my treatments, so I did not pay much out of pocket.
Describe Pei-Li Huang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
We did eSET which I thought was the right choice
Cambridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England.

IUI, 2 IVF
After the first time I met Dr. Anania I felt good, I knew she was the right Dr. for me. I did have a second opinion with many other Dr.s before her but none of them made me feel I was in the right hands. She is honest and smart and kind. I will recommend her to anyone. I would also recommend Dr. Ania Kowalik or Dr. Pei-Li Huang. They are a very close team so it doesn't really matter who you choose. They are all fantastic. Dr. Ania did my retrieval and transfer and she was great.
I am very pleased with my experience at Fertility Solution. Dr. Carol is extremely professional and smart. She is also kind and have a good sense of humor. But also Dr. Pei-Li Huang and Dr. Ania Kowalik are fantastic. You will get to meet them all. They are a wonderful team of brave women that know exactly what they are doing...The main clinic is in Dedham, where they do all the main IVF procedures. Woburn and the others are mainly for ultrasound and blood work. Fertility Solutions uses state of the art micro-incubators called Minc, which is the most advanced incubator, allowing the embryos to maintain the right temperature at all times.
European, Prefer not to answer
IUI, 2 IVF
How was your experience with Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
I am very pleased with my experinece at Fertility Solution. Dr. Carol is extremely professional and smart. She is also kind and have a good sense of humor. But also Dr. Pei-Li Huang and Dr. Ania Kowalik are fantastic. You will get to meet them all. They are a wonderful team of brave women that know exactly what they are doing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Dr. Carol is very professional, kind, clever. She will listen and consider your experiences, concerns, questions. She will take time to explain. Plus she does most of the ultrasounds, (alternating with her the other dr. at the center). So you will see her very often giving time to build a real relationship. She is very dedicated and passionate about her work.
Describe the protocols Carol Anania used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
She used a OCP antagonist protocol.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England.
All the cost were covered by the insurance.
Cambridge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Huang is a very special human and treats every patient in the same manner. She is so empathetic and compassionate. She does her own procedures and is tremendously kind...took great care in connecting with me as a human. She understood my goals and respected my wishes for treatment. Even when I later moved out of state, I was able to rely on her for medical counsel and compassion. She’s a really special medical provider.
The nursing staff at Fertility Solutions is amazing. No matter who I dealt with I got very quick and informative replies and felt no lack of continuity in care. Their compassion is world class...Strengths — treat everyone so personally, doctors perform procedures not technicians. It’s a small operation which I loved, so you will have to go to different locations sometimes but that didn’t bother me. They seemed to have a really easy time dealing with my Health insurance too and didn’t cause any stress on that front.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Huang took great care in connecting with me as a human. She understood my goals and respected my wishes for treatment. Even when I later moved out of state, I was able to rely on her for medical counsel and compassion. She’s a really special medical provider.
Dr. Huang explains why she recommends each treatment and procedure so even if you don’t think of all your questions she will be super helpful. You can rest assured you will be in great hands.
With Dr. Huang I did unmedicated IUIs at my request and she respected my wishes on that. It felt like a very collaborative approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sue Tilden)
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Almost nothing. My insurance covered over 95% of treatment and meds (other than donor sperm).
I haven’t done any embryo transfers.
Cambridge

She [Dr. Kowalik] was always very attentive with our care and we received calls from her regarding results, next steps, etc. She was always understanding and helpful. I always felt like she cared and was listening to our needs...She called us with results. She was always available to discuss questions/concerns we had. Very knowledgeable and thorough in our pre tests and throughout our cycles. She always went through the various options we had and the pros and cons of those...
Any fertility clinic, be informed. Make sure you are as informed as the doctor on the procedure or the protocol so you can ask the right questions. Dr. Kowalik was always good about getting us all the information we needed/wanted and helping us through any questions...
How was your experience with Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
She was always attentive. She called us with results. She was always available to discuss questions/concerns we had. Very knowledgeable and thorough in our pre tests and throughout our cycles. She always went through the various options we had and the pros and cons of those.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Not just Dr. Kowalik. Any fertility clinic, be informed. Make sure you are as informed as the doctor on the procedure or the protocol so you can ask the right questions. Dr. Kowalik was always good about getting us all the information we needed/wanted and helping us through any questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
She was always very attentive with our care and we received calls from her regarding results, next steps, etc. She was always understanding and helpful. I always felt like she cared and was listening to our needs.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Clinic is very organized, clean and welcoming space. I was previously at a clinic that wasnt specialized in Fertility and Fertility Solutions is a wonderful change as there is a dedicated nursing phone line and I can communicate with the nurses through email in the portal....There was one communication issue where the nurse told me the frozen embryo transfer would be one month after my egg retrieval. When my period started I was so excited because it meant it was time for the transfer so when I called with my CD1 start date I was then told it would be after the following month.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Huang is very thorough and while at time I get frustrated because I want an immediate solution I know that ultimately she is doing the right thing. After my last miscarriage she made sure to perform a hysteroscopy herself as the D&C was performed by another doctor's office since I had "graduated" from the fertility clinic where we found pregnancy tissue left behind. She then performed an additional D&C herself where shes corrected the issue of leftover tissue and performed a second hysteroscopy to ensure the tissue was gone. Although I expressed frustrations with all the set-backs she comforted me by saying that we didn't want to place a good embryo in an uterus that was not ready/the most optimal conditions.
I feel that Dr. Huang listens to my concerns without talking over me or dismissing my thoughts as my past doctor has done. Additionally when I was experiencing a miscarriage she was very compassionate and called to check in on me several times.
For 1st FET cycle: Antagonist Protocol - Stimulated using Gonal-F, HCG & Lupron Trigger Shot. We had 19 eggs retrieved, 16 were mature, 11 fertilized and 7 embryos were sent for PGS testing (since I had a history of recurrent pregnancy loss). 5 Embryos came back PGS normal and we transferred 1 5AA PGS Normal embryo which ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sue & Sandra)
I have primarily had great experiences with the nursing staff but I have occasionally had communication issues with the nurses where one of them isn't sure the protocol I am on or I have if there is going to be a delay in my timeline and the answer is unclear.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Our costs were primarily covered by insurance but we had to pay about $1,000 out of pocket for the FET cycle and about $4,000 for the PGS testing.
Dr. Huang preferred I only transferred one embryo because although I have a history of pregnancy loss I have had pregnancies last for several weeks+ so we know implantation occurs and she felt that the risks of a multiples pregnancy was greater for me.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England.
There was one communication issue where the nurse told me the frozen embryo transfer would be one month after my egg retrieval. When my period started I was so excited because it meant it was time for the transfer so when I called with my CD1 start date I was then told it would be after the following month. Although it was only a one month delay I was still devastated. Looking back on it I know the one month wasn't a big deal but just wish that was more clear up front.
Dedham

Results [of IVF with Dr. Ania Kowalik]: no viable eggs were retrieved. We are currently in the midst of a second attempt ivf cycle. Dr. Kowalik has added menopur to the mix. It supplements the gonal injections... After 4 cycles of clomid, it was determined that Ivf was the best coarse of action. This was our first time going through the process. Perhaps researching the process a bit more would have been helpful as we did not know what questions to ask. Because of our limited insurance coverage and low number of retrieved eggs (5), perhaps an icsi procedure would have given us a better chance of fertilization.
While the office visits [at Fertility Solutions of New England] were somewhat personal, the egg retrieval facility has a bit of a industrial factory feel. You are lead to a back room where patients are being wheeled about in a common area where privacy is not an option. Once the retrieval is complete, the patient is wheeled back into said common area...They [nurses] promptly returned all phone calls and answered all questions no matter how rediculous they might have been. Never made us feel as though we were a bother.
Upon our initial visit, we were provided with the potential issues that have lead to our infertility. After 4 cycles of clomid, it was determined that Ivf was the best coarse of action. This was our first time going through the process. Perhaps researching the process a bit more would have been helpful as we did not know what questions to ask. Because of our limited insurance coverage and low number of retrieved eggs (5), perhaps an icsi procedure would have given us a better chance of fertilization. This option was never discussed. We have 1 more chance at retrieval with insurance coverage. Hopefully this next retrieval will be successful. All in all, Dr. Kowalik is a medical professional that presumably does what she thinks is best. We trust her.
Discuss your financial situation and how that limits the number of retrieval’s your insurance covers. Discuss the methods of fertilization to be employed with the doctor that maximize the potential for fertilization.
While the office visits were somewhat personal, the egg retrieval facility has a bit of a industrial factory feel. You are lead to a back room where patients are being wheeled about in a common area where privacy is not an option. Once the retrieval is complete, the patient is wheeled back into said common area.
Describe the protocols Ania Kowalik used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
8 daily gonal (250 ui) injections (increases egg production) 4 ganirelix (75 ui) injections (stops premature ovulation) 1 novarel injection (trigger shot) Total of nine days. Results: no viable eggs were retrieved. We are currently in the midst of a second attempt ivf cycle. Dr. Kowalik has added menopur to the mix. It supplements the gonal injections. Wish us luck.
They promptly returned all phone calls and answered all questions no matter how rediculous they might have been. Never made us feel as though we were a bother.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Strengths: •extremely helpful nursing staff •highly recommended compared to other facilities •clean offices Weaknesses: •Limited hours at satellite office (providence office) •Feeling of being cattle at retrieval facility.
The satellite office (Providence) hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 730 am to 9am. There is rarely a wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England.
A doctor consultation is $200 Blood work and ultrasounds are billed at $200-$300 Ivf Meds billed at $4000 Ivf billed at aprox. $13,000 Our lifetime fertility coverage under insurance is $15,000 and $5000 for meds. Because of detuctibles and other financial mysteries we basically have 2 tries at Ivf. We are in the midst of our second try.
Describe Ania Kowalik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
There has been no discussion of this subject.
Dedham

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
She [Dr. Kowalik] has a warm but no-nonsense bedside manner. She’s very focused and kept us on track, but compassionate as well. She’s laughed with us, cried with us and hugged us... We were always a low probability case, and she was realistic but very compassionate with us, promising (and following through on her promises) to do everything she could to help us achieve success one way or another...The first observation Dr. Kowalik made after reading my records was that I clearly had insufficient luteal support and she switched me to PIO shots.
Strengths [at Fertility Solutions of New England]: communication, compassion and true partnership with their patients. Also willing to “think outside the box” and try treatments that more conservative or high volume (factory style) clinics will not consider. I love that I could communicate directly with my doctor pretty much whenever I wanted to. Weaknesses: I honestly did not encounter any. I think maybe only once I didn’t get a phone call returned the same day. And I called a lot. The handle to the clinic’s front door was loose for a few months, but even that has been fixed. I have to really stretch to find anything to criticize. Coming here after having had a frustrating experience at a high-volume clinic made me really appreciate how well they do everything. They take pride in their work, as all clinics should, but they understand that each patient is a person who carries a lot of pain due to infertility, and they take success and failures as personally as their patients do. Their patients are not just statistics to them, they are family.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
We came to Dr. Kowalik after a less than ideal experience at another clinic. We were always a low probability case, and she was realistic but very compassionate with us, promising (and following through on her promises) to do everything she could to help us achieve success one way or another. In the month between the 2 rounds we did with her, I actually fell pregnant naturally. However, it was not to be. Dr. Kowalik did everything she could to help me sustain the pregnancy until it was clear that it would not continue, and cared for me through the miscarriage. We made adjustments for the final round and finally, an embryo took. My husband and I were already talking about moving onto donor eggs assuming the final round would fail, and she said that she’d help us through that if it came to donor eggs, but in the meantime, she was 100% focused on the round at hand and needed us to be the same. Her commitment to her patients is unparalleled.
Be honest with her. Let her know exactly what’s on your mind and she will do everything in her power to get you to your goal.
She has a warm but no-nonsense bedside manner. She’s very focused and kept us on track, but compassionate as well. She’s laughed with us, cried with us and hugged us.
My previous clinic used an antagonist protocol with estrogen priming and crinone for luteal support. I bled before both betas there. The first observation Dr. Kowalik made after reading my records was that I clearly had insufficient luteal support and she switched me to PIO shots. Concerned that the priming was suppressing me too much (I’d had 4 mature eggs in each of my first 2 rounds), she switched me to a microflare protocol (10 Lupron morning and night, 450 Gonal F). In the first round we got 5 eggs, all mature, all fertilized. 1 had arrested and 1 was arresting on day 3- we transferred the other 3 and beta was negative. For the second round, protocol remained the same except we added Omnitrope (.333) for the 9 days of stims as well as EmbryoGen growth medium. We got 4 eggs, all mature, all fertilized. All were still growing on day 3, despite one being graded poor and 2 fair on day 1. All were transferred. We achieved pregnancy and I learned at my first ultrasound with my ob that 2 had actually implanted, though only one developed. I’m currently 21 weeks pregnant with that one.
They are wonderful. Quick to return phone calls (usually within the hour) and always informed and prepared to discuss my case. During retrieval procedures, they were a constant reassuring presence- provided great care while making it feel like a visit with friends. There were almost 4 months between my retrievals and during the second, one of the nurses actually remembered a conversation we’d been having at the previous retrieval. That’s when you know they care about their patients as the people we are.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Strengths: communication, compassion and true partnership with their patients. Also willing to “think outside the box” and try treatments that more conservative or high volume (factory style) clinics will not consider. I love that I could communicate directly with my doctor pretty much whenever I wanted to. Weaknesses: I honestly did not encounter any. I think maybe only once I didn’t get a phone call returned the same day. And I called a lot. The handle to the clinic’s front door was loose for a few months, but even that has been fixed. I have to really stretch to find anything to criticize. Coming here after having had a frustrating experience at a high-volume clinic made me really appreciate how well they do everything. They take pride in their work, as all clinics should, but they understand that each patient is a person who carries a lot of pain due to infertility, and they take success and failures as personally as their patients do. Their patients are not just statistics to them, they are family.
I remember that pit of pocket, the cost would have been close to $9000, which was comparable to my previous clinic. I am lucky to have good insurance, so aside from the medication costs (about $275 for each round), the rounds themselves cost $40 each and my consultations with Dr. Kowalik were also $40.
I’d had this discussion with my previous clinic. Due to my age and the limited number of embryos we always got, we were always going to transfer all that looked healthy, within SART guidelines.

Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
She was amazing with bedside manner to spare! ... Dr. Anania was a breath of fresh air in this difficult journey. I came to her very distraught from a bad experience at a previous clinic. She always took her time and had a thorough discussion with me. She actually listens and cares! ... I was offered a treatment of clomid IUI, but I declined as this had not worked previously.
The only weaknesses are location for those in central Mass and the BMI cut off, otherwise I could not recommend this clinic [Fertility Solutions of New England] more highly. All of the staff are warm and accommodating. They make you feel like the only patient while you are there. All services are done in house by the doctor, not technicians! ... I was not a candidate for IVF with this clinic because they have a strict weight limit and I was 1 BMI point too high in the end.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
She is the best doctor I have ever had!
After an awful experience with another clinic, Dr. Anania was the next clinic that accepted my insurance (although clear across the state and very inconvenient), so I booked a consult. She was amazing with bedside manner to spare! She not only heard me out, but she ran a diagnostic and scrutinized my prior clinic to give correct information about my treatment options. She was kind enough to refer me elsewhere when it was determined she could not treat me.
I was offered a treatment of clomid IUI, but I declined as this had not worked previously. I was not a candidate for IVF with this clinic because they have a strict weight limit and I was 1 BMI point too high in the end. She was patient and allowed me time to lose weight, but in the end I was unable to lose enough weight fast enough and there was concern if we kept waiting I may not have any eggs left. I genuinely tried, but the weight wasn’t dropping fast enough. She was kind enough to recommend a clinic who would treat me, rather than waste time.
I don’t recall any poor experiences, but I mostly dealt with the doctor.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The only weaknesses are location for those in central Mass and the BMI cut off, otherwise I could not recommend this clinic more highly. All of the staff are warm and accommodating. They make you feel like the only patient while you are there. All services are done in house by the doctor, not technicians!
I only pay deductible and copays with my insurance.
Describe Carol Anania's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Dr.Kowalik is down to earth. I brought in a huge folder of all my past test and bloodwork my first day meeting her and she sat there and went through each page. Most doctors I've had experiences with would have pushed it aside. She even calls with updsates versus having staff do it. She explaines things in "mechanic terms for my husband so he can understand each process we will embark on.
They [Fertility Solutions of NE] are organized respond quickly either on the phone or if you are like me(busy bee with anxiety) you can communicate right through a patient messaging system. As far as weaknesses maybe their site can be a little more informative. As a new patient I would say be ready for an experience of a lifetime and I wouldn't recommend any other practice
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Lay it all on the table, she is very understanding and doesn't judge .
I felt like a human because Dr.Kowalik was straight to the point. She did not sugar coat what the outcome may be or leave details out. She was very informative and actually reaches out during the process versus previous doctors whom I've only met during the consult.
I will be planning on proceeding with an antagonist cycle with Lupron to prevent ohss since I have pcos. I have started with provera to induce a cycle and will start with a month of birth control.
Very informative and helpful all the way to finding the best pricing on meds (the whole process is out of pocket for us)
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
They are organized respond quickly either on the phone or if you are like me(busy bee with anxiety) you can communicate right through a patient messaging system. As far as weaknesses maybe their site can be a little more informative. As a new patient I would say be ready for an experience of a lifetime and I wouldn't recommend any other practice
Our consult and bloodwork were about a 1000 Ivf cycle is around 9500 And meds around 5000
She explained that if we have healthy embryos then 1 would be ideal. My husband and myself have decided on 2 either way in which she advised us against it but after deliberation we will be signing a form to allow 2

5 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Kowalik is in charge of the entire clinic, so you can't expect to have any personalized attention...I felt that this doctor was too busy running her clinic to pay any attention to patients. Instead of giving me a new blood test to check my hormones, they used an old test and therefore I ended up doing treatments for a week longer than normal. The doctor also forgot to give me more medication, and then a major snowstorm hit and I had to arrange with a nurse to leave medication out for me on the front stoop of the clinic. I had to drive two hours in a blizzard to pick up medication because no one checked in with me!
the nursing staff [at Fertility Solutions of New England] was quite nice and helpful but also stretched very thin. The nurses split their time between the clinic and another hospital...I would say that the doctors know their stuff, but they are way too overbooked to give any type of personalized care. I did receive good care during my procedure, but everything leading up to it was a nightmare. No one was willing to take the three minutes to show me how to do injections. I definitely felt like just a number there.
5 Eggs Frozen
I would definitely not recommend this doctor. I only went to this clinic on the recommendation of a friend who had seen a different doctor here. Dr. Kowalik is in charge of the entire clinic, so you can't expect to have any personalized attention. I definitely felt like just a number and a source of income to them, as no one explained anything to me, even when I asked. I have a PhD and can figure things out on my own, but to not answer basic questions when hormones are involved is practically unethical.
There was absolutely no explanation given to me. When it came time to do the injections, I asked if someone could show me how to do them. I was told to watch the videos online! When I went in for my ultrasounds, the doctor (a different one than Dr. Kowalik), introduced herself to me on the third time I had seen her that week. It was terrible care all the way around.
I don't remember the specifics. I do know that the dosage was wrong because they used an old test.
It is a bit fuzzy for me now, but I do remember that the nursing staff was quite nice and helpful but also stretched very thin. The nurses split their time between the clinic and another hospital, which I think is crazy.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I only visited two clinics and worked with this one. I would say that the doctors know their stuff, but they are way too overbooked to give any type of personalized care. I did receive good care during my procedure, but everything leading up to it was a nightmare. No one was willing to take the three minutes to show me how to do injections. I definitely felt like just a number there.
I paid $7000 total.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
I've already said elsewhere that no one checked in with me on the night before a major blizzard to make sure I had enough medication. So I had to call the clinic myself and drive two hours in a blizzard to get it, as the snowstorm meant that FedEx had stopped deliveries. Nightmare.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Huang is patient, kind, realistic and empathetic... I appreciate that she takes the time to make personal phone calls, whereas I know other doctors at other clinics do not call their patients directly. She is patient with questions and explains everything in a way that we can understand...Two medicated IUI cycles-...was honest that it was reasonable to give IUI a chance before moving on directly to IVF.
They [nurses at Fertility Solutions of New England] call back EVERY TiME and are always prepared with your notes/files when they call back. They are patient, empathetic and sympathetic when need be...Quick turnaround time to make an appointment. Financial team, nurses and doctors are obviously a cohesive team trying to make things easy for their patients and it shows. Your doctors will perform all IVF related ultrasounds, which also isn't typical at other clinics and in my opinion is a huge relief and benefit to this clinic.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
We are still in the middle of treatment between our 1st and 2nd IVF cycles with Dr. Huang. I appreciate that she takes the time to make personal phone calls, whereas I know other doctors at other clinics do not call their patients directly. She is patient with questions and explains everything in a way that we can understand. She is hopeful, empathetic and also realistic in setting expectations.
Try to get an appointment with her!
Dr. Huang is patient, kind, realistic and empathetic.
Two medicated IUI cycles- we tried this before moving onto IVF due to lack of insurance coverage. If we had coverage at the time, I would have rather gone directly to IVF, but Dr. Huang was honest that it was reasonable to give IUI a chance before moving on directly to IVF.
They call back EVERY TiME and are always prepared with your notes/files when they call back. They are patient, empathetic and sympathetic when need be.
Still in progress
2012 - 2016
Ania Kowalik was open to hearing what treatment we were wanting to pursue and took my health into account. We are carriers of a fatal genetic disease and decided to pursue Embryo Adoption. Dr Kowalik decided to put is on a natural cycle because of no history. The following blood tests and ultrasounds were very easy and accurate. We transfered 2 5 day donor embryos and had a successful transfer.
Our primary nurse [at Fertility Solutions of NE] is so helpful, compassionate, honest, knowledgeable and professional. I couldn't do any of this process with out her. She is very timely with getting necessary information to me.... It was very easy to get in for my initial consult, phone calls are returned in a timely manor, and everyone on staff is very attentive and supportive.
2012 - 2016
She is warm and friendly, a calm personality. She showed compassion for me and why I was there. She didn't try to waste my time or try to suggest treatments that wouldn't be what we needed. She was open with me and explaining what we needed to do and what to expect. She is available to talk to and happily takes the time to do so.
Take the time to meet with her, you won't regret it
They know me by make and they know our story, what we are seeking Fertility treatments and they really care about it being successful for us not for statistics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Susan Tilden)
Our primary nurse is so helpful, compassionate, honest, knowledgeable and professional. I couldn't do any of this process with out her. She is very timely with getting necessary information to me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
She based this on the grading of the embryos and decided to do a double embryo transfer.
Dedham

At every visit she [Dr. Ania Kowalik] seemed very knowledgeable and up to date with current research. However, overall way too cautious and not aggressive enough treatment wise. I chose to forego IUI and jump right to IVF. I think (and now know) I was very poorly stimulated. I think if you have any other issues other than unexplained than this clinic is not for you. Too scared to treat appropriately
The nurses [at Fertility Solutions of New England] were very quick to respond with any Qs. However I hardly ever met any in real life. The issue with this clinic is there is zero teaching! Most of the people I have heard about are required to get education on med injections or go over their protocols etc. none done here... Biggest strength would be the doctors do all of the ultrasounds so there are no techs doing it you can kind of get answers immediately.
I was recommended a different doctor in this clinic by my OBGYN. Since there was a longer wait and I wanted to be seen sooner I chose to see Dr. Kowalik. At every visit she seemed very knowledgeable and up to date with current research. However, overall way too cautious and not aggressive enough treatment wise. I chose to forego IUI and jump right to IVF. I think (and now know) I was very poorly stimulated. I think if you have any other issues other than unexplained than this clinic is not for you. Too scared to treat appropriately
Get other opinions first!
I was on an antagonist protocol of gonal f and ganirelix. Again dose extremely too low given my age and AMH.
The nurses were very quick to respond with any Qs. However I hardly ever met any in real life. The issue with this clinic is there is zero teaching! Most of the people I have heard about are required to get education on med injections or go over their protocols etc. none done here. For being such a small office it's kind of a joke
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Biggest strength would be the doctors do all of the ultrasounds so there are no techs doing it you can kind of get answers immediately. Weakness is as I mentioned the clinic is way too reserved in their treatment/care. Also their billing dept is an absolute nightmare!
Luckily living in MA insurance covered most of the treatment.
I only transferred one I did not ask about doing two
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Huang is a kind and compassionate doctor. Several days following my miscarriage, she called me personally to make sure that I was okay. My first retrieval yielded less eggs than anticipated, and I am curious to see what changes in medications, etc. that she will recommend for my upcoming retrieval. I'm hoping for a better outcome...Protocol yielded 6 eggs, all of which were mature. I was told at the beginning to expect around 12 eggs, so I was disappointed with these numbers.
IVF fresh with included frozen transfer, around $9000 [at Fertility Solutions of New England]...Convenient locations in and around the Boston/southeast MA area. I experienced poor communication with the financial team at the beginning of my cycle. As a self-pay customer, I called to coordinate payment with the financial coordinator. I left a message and did not hear back from her. I had to call repeatedly to get a response...Dr. Huang is a kind and compassionate doctor. Several days following my miscarriag
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Advocate for yourself. Ask lots of questions if you are unsure of anything.
Baseline AFC showed 12-16 follicles. Antagonist protocol was used; started with 250 follistim; was dropped to 150 after a few days because of increased estrogen. Stimmed for approx. 8 days. Protocol yielded 6 eggs, all of which were mature. I was told at the beginning to expect around 12 eggs, so I was disappointed with these numbers.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
IVF fresh with included frozen transfer, around $9000.

2013 - 2018
Dr. Anaia was always very reasonable in her expectations without overwhelming me with information, but providing me with scientific research that made sense...was always thoughtful, took time to explain things. She never made me feel rushed or that she couldn’t take time to speak with me. She was honest and always made me feel like I could trust her...Nothing was very ot of the ordinary [with my protocol].
It was very easy to go in, sign in and be seen [for monitoring appointments at Fertility Solutions of New England]. When the time was conflicting with my schedule they made adjustments and offered me a different time to come in...This clinic is on the smaller side so it feels very personal. They take a lot of effort to help make things easy as possible for you with appointments etc. All staff knew me and were very helpful and supportive with whatever I needed.
2013 - 2018
European, Other
Dr. Anania was always thoughtful, took time to explain things. She never made me feel rushed or that she couldn’t take time to speak with me. She was honest and always made me feel like I could trust her.
I’ve been going for over 4 years and so t remember specific peotocals. Nothing was very ot of the ordinary.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
All staff at this clinic I thought felt personally invested in my progress. They were supportive and very caring- from the receptionist to my doctor.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
It was very easy to go in, sign in and be seen. When the time was conflicting with my schedule they made adjustments and offered me a different time to come in. It was very easy!
I was well covered under insurance, but was always advised of upcoming texts that needed to be done before a deadline to meet insurance requirements.

2009 - 2012
1 IUI, IVF
It was a long and hard experience but Dr. Kowalik remained attentive and supportive throughout.
Dr. Kowalik was so caring and supportive. She was always available and always had time to answer every question.
2009 - 2012
1 IUI, IVF
I got pregnant in my first round with my older daughter and loved my care with Dr. Kowalik so I followed her to fertility solutions for my second child. This time I got pregnant immediately but miscarried twins. Dr. Kowalik was so caring and supportive. She was always available and always had time to answer every question from whether I should change my diet to the intricate details of how Ivf works. She is bright and quick and straightforward so I always felt I was in good hands, but she also cares a lot. Having my second child took a number of rounds and it was a long and hard experience but Dr. Kowalik remained attentive and supportive throughout. I am so grateful to her for my two daughters.
Don't hold back. She will never make you feel silly for asking even the most inane questions. If you are wondering about something, just ask.
Dr. Low alike is talented and also open, caring, and willing to answer endless technical questions from my husband. I felt like she was totally invested in my success. She is caring and smart.

2012 - 2018
She [Dr. Pei-Li Huang] was very warm and caring and thoroughly answers any questions my husband and I regarding medication or procedures...I found her to be very knowledgeable regarding what may work best for me and had backup plans if we needed to go a different route. If I had hesitations about something she listened to what I had to say and then thought about what would be best for a good outcome
It's a busy clinic [Fertility Solutions of New England] but the staff know you by name so you're not just a number. It made me feel more at ease that they took the time to know you and your spouse/s.o. The staff took their time when you called and spoke to them...They [the nurses] answered any question I had no matter if I thought it sounded weird and they were very compassionate and understanding
2012 - 2018
Ask questions if you don't understand something
She was very warm and caring and thoroughly answers any questions my husband and I regarding medication or procedures
They answered any question I had no matter if I thought it sounded weird and they were very compassionate and understanding
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
It's a busy clinic but the staff know you by name so you're not just a number. It made me feel more at ease that they took the time to know you and your spouse/s.o. The staff took their time when you called and spoke to them.
Dedham

She [Dr. Anua Kowalik] gave us blunt, honest answers and reviewed things as many times as we needed. She made us feel important and like individuals not just a number. She personally called me with my hcg numbers and I truly felt in my heart and gut that she cared and was there for us. I can say with 100% honesty that she is the reason we have our miracle today.
[Fertility Solutions of New England is] Clean, kind, great communication and organized. The only negative was that they don't open until 7:30...Dr Kowalik is the greatest dr and we are so grateful to have her. Not only did she spend a long time going over my history and clarifying information, she gave us blunt, honest answers and reviewed things as many times as we needed. She made us feel important and like individuals not just a number. She personally called me with my hcg numbers and I truly felt in my heart and gut that she cared and was there for us. I can say wth 100% honesty that she is the reason we have our miracle today. She is THE BEST!
You are so lucky. She is honest and blunt so if you need sugar coating then she might be a bit blunt for you. But I appreciate that about her
She was honest, blunt, and answered all our questions as many times as we needed. She is the greatest
All were amazing. So caring and kind
Dedham

She [Dr. Carol Anania] knows her stuff!! She is calm and listens well. Sometimes comes across as unenthusiastic but it is just her way, not you personally. I can't recommend her enough and the rest of the small team of doctors were great with the few times I needed...After initial appointment, I signed up for a package since I was self pay. It saves money but be sure you check what's included!
Very hands on as a doctor and the clinic/office [Fertility Solutions of New England] is run that way. You talk to a doctor most of the time or a nurse for something simple. I felt well cared for...The main office is in Dedham and they have satellite offices other places. The office is clean, bright, new and state of the art. Finances if self pay can be a bit confusing so get clarification for anything...After initial appointment, I signed up for a package since I was self pay. It saves money but be sure you check what's included!...Great at calling back even for simple questions. Kind and helpful.
She knows her stuff!! She is calm and listens well. Sometimes comes across as unenthusiastic but it is just her way, not you personally. I can't recommend her enough and the rest of the small team of doctors were great with the few times I needed.
Ask questions!
Very hands on as a doctor and the clinic/office is run that way. You talk to a doctor most of the time or a nurse for something simple. I felt well cared for.
Great at calling back even for simple questions. Kind and helpful.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr. Anania was amazing in every way. I felt comfortable with her at all time, and had the feeling I was getting the best possible care....From the first time I met Dr. Anania I was impressed by her bedside mannerism and her knowledge of ART. She made me feel right at ease....Dr. Anania inspires me to be a strong female and to keep asking questions!
There were times when I wasn't sure what we were doing was right, Dr. Anania and the Fertility Solutions team made me trust them completely....Sandra and Sue always called back in a timely manner!
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
From the first time I met Dr. Anania I was impressed by her bedside mannerism and her knowledge of ART. She made me feel right at ease. There were times when I wasn't sure what we were doing was right, Dr. Anania and the Fertility Solutions team made me trust them completely. Dr. Anania inspires me to be a strong female and to keep asking questions! She has won Top Doctor status is Boston Magazine for 5 years in a row. She deserves it!
Sandra and Sue always called back in a timely manner!

2012 - 2013
8 IVF, Donor Eggs
Unexplained, Other
She [Dr Kowalik] was great and very responsive but I felt like fertility treatment was more trial and error than science. I liked her as a person and could imagine being friends but I feel like the industry lacks appropriate approaches for someone with fragile eggs...Know your options and ask for what you need or want. She will listen and try.
2012 - 2013
8 IVF, Donor Eggs
Unexplained, Other
She was great and very responsive but I felt like fertility treatment was more trial and error than science. I liked her as a person and could imagine being friends but I feel like the industry lacks appropriate approaches for someone with fragile eggs.
Know your options and ask for what you need or want. She will listen and try.
They were all very kind and dr kowolik is a great person.
Many
They were kind and organized. No complaints
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I liked them but I had multiple pregnancies and multiple losses which just stinked.
Fine
Lots. Most was covered by insurance but one round there was communication problems with my insurance company that resulted in insurance not paying.

2010
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Just listen to her, she is extremely smart and knows what she is doing.
Her nurse Sue always was the best.
2010
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
I can just tell you I would highly recommend her to anyone, we feel she is just the best around for too many reasons to mention.
Just listen to her, she is extremely smart and knows what she is doing.
She just made us feel comfortable and asked many questions of us to make sure we were comfortable with all decisions made at all times. Her nurse Sue always was the best as well!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
Just how she cared what was going on with us each call and visit and showed compassion.
They were scheduled around my work schedule and these people were very caring as well
Dedham
Dr Kowalik is great with explanations and when you contact her she’s quick to get back to you...is blunt and to the point. We appreciated this. She doesn’t waste any time and responds fully to questions and concerns. We paid completely out of pocket and she had been very understanding of our needs to order/purchase labs elsewhere or working with our OB to get them through our insurance...You won’t be seeing Dr Kowalik specifically for all of your appointments. They let you know this however in advance, it’s not something they try to hide.
Everyone at the clinic is great and so friendly. It’s a little tricky getting a hold of the financial department some times, but beyond that we’ve had a great experience. I would definitely recommend using Fertility Solutions... this is the only clinic we have used but comparing online we felt this clinic was reasonable [when it comes to cost]...You won’t be seeing Dr Kowalik specifically for all of your appointments. They let you know this however in advance, it’s not something they try to hide.
Dr Kowalik is blunt and to the point. We appreciated this. She doesn’t waste any time and responds fully to questions and concerns. We paid completely out of pocket and she had been very understanding of our needs to order/purchase labs elsewhere or working with our OB to get them through our insurance.
We are still in treatment and are now moving to medication treatments so I cannot comment on this.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I have nothing to compare it to as this is the only clinic we have used but comparing online we felt this clinic was reasonable.

2020
Dr. Huang was very positive and I was really impressed that she was the one to always call with updates and results and not the nurse (although I really liked the nursing staff too). She made time for me and answered all of our questions and really wanted to see us succeed...I started out on birth control to suppress my ovulation. Once the treatment started, due to my good AMH response, we started on an average dose of Gonal F 225u for 8days and due to response turned it down to 150u, 100u and then 75u. I also took 7 doses of Ganirelix 250mcg. For the trigger, I only needed 5000u for Novarel. After Retrieval I took Crinone only as I developed a mild case of OHSS.
So the only negatives I experienced here [Fertility Solutions of New England] were typical with any other clinic. I was billed for a test I didn't take - but that was easy to resolve with the clinic billing coordinator...I think the clinic's strengths are that there are only 3 doctors - I met with each of them at different times and liked them all, although I did prefer Dr. Huang. The staff was also friendly and the office was nice and clean - it was easy to schedule an appointment. Waiting times were also not bad - about 5-10 minutes to be called, and then probably another 5-15 minutes to see the Doctor. The only weaknesses I can think of is just to keep track of your billing and make sure you are appropriately getting charged for procedures/blood draws done on the day of your visit.
2020
As a patient I wasn't sure what to expect as this was my first time doing IVF. We chose Fertility Solutions as there were 3 main doctors, were some facilities you could be seeing a number of them. Our consultation was with Dr. Huang, and we saw her the most throughout the process. I really liked her positivity, warmth and I thought should was very straight-forward. She answered all of the questions we had and really wanted to see us succeed.
I think as with any Fertility Doctor, do your research about the processes, and come prepared with questions. She was happy to answer all and any questions, but she and the clinic are very busy and I noticed that if I did not come prepared with questions she assumed I didn't have any and went on her way.
I worked primarily with Sue and also Paula a few times - I'd highly recommend the entire staff. Everyone was very nice. I had a lot of questions along the way and communicated with Sue primarily through email and she was always really prompt in answering. The nursing staff during Retrieval was also great, and I felt really relaxed and comfortable the entire time.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Due to Covid, I had to travel to the main office of Dedham for most of my procedures. I think the clinic's strengths are that there are only 3 doctors - I met with each of them at different times and liked them all, although I did prefer Dr. Huang. The staff was also friendly and the office was nice and clean - it was easy to schedule an appointment. Waiting times were also not bad - about 5-10 minutes to be called, and then probably another 5-15 minutes to see the Doctor. The only weaknesses I can think of is just to keep track of your billing and make sure you are appropriately getting charged for procedures/blood draws done on the day of your visit.
Most of my costs were covered by insurance - although I have a limited number of "cycles" (2). I have a $50 copay and most of the bloodwork, etc was covered at 100%. Surprisingly my Retrieval and Transfer were covered 100% as well. The only thing I paid a lot of money for was the medication. One thing the facility mentioned is that if the medication is charged through insurance, it's much more than paying out of pocket sometimes. I found that was the case and as I had a limit of $10,000 on medication, that soon ran out for 1 cycle. So for some of the medication I paid out of pocket so it wouldn't get whacked against my limit, if that makes sense.
Dr. Huang prefers eSET if possible, although I only had 1 embryo to transfer so I did not have to face that decision.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
So the only negatives I experienced here were typical with any other clinic. I was billed for a test I didn't take - but that was easy to resolve with the clinic billing coordinator. Also I filled out paperwork to have all my results transferred to my OBGYN, and the paperwork was lost and the results weren't set. An easy fix though to call the office, refill out the form and have them send it again.

Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Round 1[with Dr. Pei-Li Huang]: Birth control followed by gonal-f and ganarelex, then trigger shot and PIO. 5 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 blast transferred on day 5, 0 frozen Round 2: Estrace followed by lupron and gonal-f, then trigger shot and PIO. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 0 made to blast/0 transferred/0 frozen Round 3 (in progress): Estrace followed by menopur and gonal-f, then ganarelex, trigger shot, PIO and endometrim inserts.
They [Fertility Solutions of NE- Providence] have multiple offices which is great. They also have early morning appointment times for blood work and ultrasounds, so you don’t have to miss too much work if you have a 9-5 job. Appointments start at 7 am... The intake process for routine monitoring was very smooth. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes, even without an appointment
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I had a great experience with Dr. Huang and all the doctors at Fertility Solitions. They are informative, transparent, and easily accessible for questions. Dr. Huang always makes herself available when I need to call her, and she personally delivers the news about how our embryos are developing after retrieval. I have had a great experience with Dr. Huang.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Dr. Huang is always happy to explain things.
Dr. Huang is the most caring, personable doctor I’ve seen. She truly cares about her patients and shows empathy and compassion.
Round 1: Birth control followed by gonal-f and ganarelex, then trigger shot and PIO. 5 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 blast transferred on day 5, 0 frozen Round 2: Estrace followed by lupron and gonal-f, then trigger shot and PIO. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 0 made to blast/0 transferred/0 frozen Round 3 (in progress): Estrace followed by menopur and gonal-f, then ganarelex, trigger shot, PIO and endometrim inserts.
The nurses are so caring, compassionate, and informative. They are always available to answer questions and return phone calls the same day
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
They have multiple offices which is great. They also have early morning appointment times for blood work and ultrasounds, so you don’t have to miss too much work if you have a 9-5 job. Appointments start at 7 am
Deductibles and co-pays for appointments and medications
Dr. Huang prefers single embryo transfer