Selling medication is not offered

Providence, RI 02903
12 Alfred Street
Woburn, MA 01801

2020 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr Anania is very fact and researched based when discussing treatment approaches and treatment outcomes, however, she always brings everything back down to the patient level (i.e: explaining how treatments can work for the individual patient)...She responds to all emails within 1 day. I find her compassionate but she does not sugar coat expecations, which appreciate...did not recommend multiple embryo transfer, due to my age. We did one fresh transfer and then have tested the rest of our embroys via PGT...
I would consider Fertility Solutions a boutique fertility clinic, meaning it is not very big and is overall, very personable. The clinic is comprised of an all female medical team, which I really enjoy. The downside of smaller team is that they do not do any monitoring or procedures on Sundays...The nursing staff is phenomenal. They are excellent at communication- all emails and phone calls are answered the same day, with the exception of Sundays. They are also very compassionate and personable...
How was your experience with Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
In my experience, Dr Anania takes her time to answer all of my and my husband's questions during our appointments. She responds to all emails within 1 day. I find her compassionate but she does not sugar coat expecations, which appreciate. When faced with a potential insurance denial, Dr Anania went above and beyond doing research for my situation and performed extra tests to submit to the insurane company to appeal the denial (I failed the clomid challenge test and thanks to her research and extra testing, insurance covered my next round of IVF despite failing the clomid challenge test).
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
She is very middle of the road with her bedside manner. She uses research to make recommdendations, she is straightforward, does not sugar coat things, but is able to express compassion for her patients
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Describe the protocols Carol Anania used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
I began IVF using an antagonist approach, since this is one of the most aggresive treatment approaches given my age, AMH and other factors. We also trialed a flare cycle for my second round of IVF, however, I had poor response to that approach. For my 3rd and 4th rounds we went back to an antagonist cylce using menopur. All of my antagonist cylces yielded 3-4 embroys which we used for PGT.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Fortunately, most of my fertility treatment has been covered by insurance. I have paid out of pocket for PGT which is around $2500 for each round.
Describe Carol Anania's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
My doctor did not recommend multiple embryo transfer, due to my age. We did one fresh transfer and then have tested the rest of our embroys via PGT.
Carol Anania
Woburn

Results [of IVF with Dr. Ania Kowalik]: no viable eggs were retrieved. We are currently in the midst of a second attempt ivf cycle. Dr. Kowalik has added menopur to the mix. It supplements the gonal injections... After 4 cycles of clomid, it was determined that Ivf was the best coarse of action. This was our first time going through the process. Perhaps researching the process a bit more would have been helpful as we did not know what questions to ask. Because of our limited insurance coverage and low number of retrieved eggs (5), perhaps an icsi procedure would have given us a better chance of fertilization.
While the office visits [at Fertility Solutions of New England] were somewhat personal, the egg retrieval facility has a bit of a industrial factory feel. You are lead to a back room where patients are being wheeled about in a common area where privacy is not an option. Once the retrieval is complete, the patient is wheeled back into said common area...They [nurses] promptly returned all phone calls and answered all questions no matter how rediculous they might have been. Never made us feel as though we were a bother.
How was your experience with Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Upon our initial visit, we were provided with the potential issues that have lead to our infertility. After 4 cycles of clomid, it was determined that Ivf was the best coarse of action. This was our first time going through the process. Perhaps researching the process a bit more would have been helpful as we did not know what questions to ask. Because of our limited insurance coverage and low number of retrieved eggs (5), perhaps an icsi procedure would have given us a better chance of fertilization. This option was never discussed. We have 1 more chance at retrieval with insurance coverage. Hopefully this next retrieval will be successful. All in all, Dr. Kowalik is a medical professional that presumably does what she thinks is best. We trust her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Discuss your financial situation and how that limits the number of retrieval’s your insurance covers. Discuss the methods of fertilization to be employed with the doctor that maximize the potential for fertilization.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
While the office visits were somewhat personal, the egg retrieval facility has a bit of a industrial factory feel. You are lead to a back room where patients are being wheeled about in a common area where privacy is not an option. Once the retrieval is complete, the patient is wheeled back into said common area.
Describe the protocols Ania Kowalik used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
8 daily gonal (250 ui) injections (increases egg production) 4 ganirelix (75 ui) injections (stops premature ovulation) 1 novarel injection (trigger shot) Total of nine days. Results: no viable eggs were retrieved. We are currently in the midst of a second attempt ivf cycle. Dr. Kowalik has added menopur to the mix. It supplements the gonal injections. Wish us luck.
They promptly returned all phone calls and answered all questions no matter how rediculous they might have been. Never made us feel as though we were a bother.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Strengths: •extremely helpful nursing staff •highly recommended compared to other facilities •clean offices Weaknesses: •Limited hours at satellite office (providence office) •Feeling of being cattle at retrieval facility.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Solutions of New England.
The satellite office (Providence) hours are Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 730 am to 9am. There is rarely a wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England.
A doctor consultation is $200 Blood work and ultrasounds are billed at $200-$300 Ivf Meds billed at $4000 Ivf billed at aprox. $13,000 Our lifetime fertility coverage under insurance is $15,000 and $5000 for meds. Because of detuctibles and other financial mysteries we basically have 2 tries at Ivf. We are in the midst of our second try.
Describe Ania Kowalik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
There has been no discussion of this subject.
Dedham

I have unexplained fertility so I'm pretty sure I was a textbook case of moving along from timed intercourse, to IUI, to IVF. She [Dr. Kowalik] did suggest around 3-4 IUIs but I was not ready to move on emotionally, and she had no problem continuing them. My IVF protocol was a standard antagonist approach and it was adjusted as the monitoring was completed. Now that things still aren't working, I am hoping for a bit of a more individualized approach.
I don't mind that I see the other doctors for procedures [at Fertility Solutions of New England] since I like the other doctors as well...Sometimes I do feel like I'm in a bit of a factory but at the same time, they are also seeing a ton of cases to get experience from...I like the nursing staff, they are usually pretty communicative and reply to messages relatively quickly. They are nice and understanding...Work with larger labs that have experience in new research. Weakness- Sometimes feels like a bit of a factory. Get annoyed that I can't ever call and speak to someone right away. Have to leave a voicemail and get a call back.
I like Dr. Kowalik. I don't mind that I see the other doctors for procedures since I like the other doctors as well. I find that she's mostly on top of things and is understanding. I do feel that she has my best interest at heart. Sometimes I do feel like I'm in a bit of a factory but at the same time, they are also seeing a ton of cases to get experience from.
Be an advocate for yourself and do the research.
She is very candid and understanding when you get a chance to talk. I found the sit down consultations better than phone calls where it was a bit rushed.
I have unexplained fertility so I'm pretty sure I was a textbook case of moving along from timed intercourse, to IUI, to IVF. She did suggest around 3-4 IUIs but I was not ready to move on emotionally, and she had no problem continuing them. My IVF protocol was a standard antagonist approach and it was adjusted as the monitoring was completed. Now that things still aren't working, I am hoping for a bit of a more individualized approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Strengths- See a lot of cases to gain experience from. All of the doctors are great. Work with larger labs that have experience in new research. Weakness- Sometimes feels like a bit of a factory. Get annoyed that I can't ever call and speak to someone right away. Have to leave a voicemail and get a call back.
Mostly everything has been covered by insurance.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Kowalik was understanding of my unique situation, while also making me see the needs on her end for us to achieve pregnancy. She also is good at communication and quick to respond to my questions...We're just starting our first cycle of IUI, but we're currently doing monitored ovulation with clomid..
I've only recently started treatment, but so far, I feel that everyone in the [Fertility Solutions of NE] clinic is good at their job and has been pleasant to deal with. Strengths are communication and availability...We have a military discount, but right now we're doing IUI for $320...Every time I've called the nursing line, I've gotten called back quickly and with very helpful communication.
So far, I have felt very taken care of by Dr. Kowalik. We are still early in treatment, but so far, she's given me no reason to question her knowledge or abilities. We've had a few telehealth appointments that were great. We've only had one in person, which seemed a little rushed, but she was able to answer my questions when I probed her for a more information.
Make sure to ask your questions because she may assume you know more than you do.
Every nurse I've encountered has been amazing. The in-person nurse in Providence is great! I had a tough time physically after an ultrasound and she really took care of me until I felt better. Every time I've called the nursing line, I've gotten called back quickly and with very helpful communication.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I've only recently started treatment, but so far, I feel that everyone in the clinic is good at their job and has been pleasant to deal with. Strengths are communication and availability. Honestly, I haven't found any weaknesses yet!
We have a military discount, but right now we're doing IUI for $320. Our semen analysis was around $100. Everything else has been a co-pay through insurance.
Providence

Dr. Huang is a kind and compassionate doctor. Several days following my miscarriage, she called me personally to make sure that I was okay. My first retrieval yielded less eggs than anticipated, and I am curious to see what changes in medications, etc. that she will recommend for my upcoming retrieval. I'm hoping for a better outcome...Protocol yielded 6 eggs, all of which were mature. I was told at the beginning to expect around 12 eggs, so I was disappointed with these numbers.
IVF fresh with included frozen transfer, around $9000 [at Fertility Solutions of New England]...Convenient locations in and around the Boston/southeast MA area. I experienced poor communication with the financial team at the beginning of my cycle. As a self-pay customer, I called to coordinate payment with the financial coordinator. I left a message and did not hear back from her. I had to call repeatedly to get a response...Dr. Huang is a kind and compassionate doctor. Several days following my miscarriag
How was your experience with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Advocate for yourself. Ask lots of questions if you are unsure of anything.
Describe the protocols Pei-Li Huang used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
Baseline AFC showed 12-16 follicles. Antagonist protocol was used; started with 250 follistim; was dropped to 150 after a few days because of increased estrogen. Stimmed for approx. 8 days. Protocol yielded 6 eggs, all of which were mature. I was told at the beginning to expect around 12 eggs, so I was disappointed with these numbers.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England.
IVF fresh with included frozen transfer, around $9000.
Pei-Li Huang

2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
She [Dr Kowalik] was great and very responsive but I felt like fertility treatment was more trial and error than science. I liked her as a person and could imagine being friends but I feel like the industry lacks appropriate approaches for someone with fragile eggs...Know your options and ask for what you need or want. She will listen and try.
She was great and very responsive but I felt like fertility treatment was more trial and error than science. I liked her as a person and could imagine being friends but I feel like the industry lacks appropriate approaches for someone with fragile eggs.
Know your options and ask for what you need or want. She will listen and try.
They were all very kind and dr kowolik is a great person.
Many
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
They were kind and organized. No complaints
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I liked them but I had multiple pregnancies and multiple losses which just stinked.
Fine
Lots. Most was covered by insurance but one round there was communication problems with my insurance company that resulted in insurance not paying.

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Carol Anania] would give me ample time during consultation and explain possibilities and probabilities of the treatment cycle...very knowledgeable and always answered my questions...asked for my opinion prior to and post every cycle...I would wish if she was more friendly...I have uterine fibroids that she recommended to be removed. My personal decision was to not remove it before having a first child.
[Fertility Solutions of New England] is a private clinic and you may feel you’re gettin a personalized care...[nurses] are nice and friendly...I could never talk to them directly when I called. I always had to leave a voicemail but they would get back later...The receptionist and the medical assistant were very friendly and caring... IVF cycle was charged $15k and each FET cycle was charged $7k.
She is very knowledgeable and always answered my questions. She always gave me honest feedbacks and asked for my opinion prior to and post every cycle. She is the only RE I have visited, so I do not have comparison. But I would wish if she was more friendly. There is another doctor in the same clinic whom I visited for ultrasounds and who did my first FET and she seems very friendly.
In my opinion, she gives her patient honest feedbacks and she is knowledgeable but it would be nice to show some desperation. Also, I feel like the clinic is expensive than the average cost I find when I do online research. I am thankful that my employer had some coverage to treatment and I was less worried about the cost but it’s good to have an estimate.
My Doctor would give me ample time during consultation and explain possibilities and probabilities of the treatment cycle.
IUI- letrozole and insemination 1 cycle of IVF in 2019- not fully completed as my doctor said I hyper-stimulated. 4 embryos were frozen. 1st FET in 12/2019- started with birth control for 3 weeks, estradiol pills and vaginal progesterone, 1 embryo (Grade 5A) transferred, which failed. 2nd FET 03/2020-started with estradiol pills and progesterone in sesame oil, 1 embryo (4A) transferred, chemical pregnancy with only 13 mIU/mL hcg
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England.
They all are nice and friendly. The only concerned I had was I could never talk to them directly when I called. I always had to leave a voicemail but they would get back later.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
It is a private clinic and you may feel you’re gettin a personalized care. I was referred to this clinic by my acupuncturist and my doctor herself is member of RESOLVE and for that reason I trust her.
Monitoring appointments were good. I visited the clinic in Woburn. The receptionist and the medical assistant were very friendly and caring. My doctors would bd different during monitoring with Dr Carol couple times.
I think my IUI cycle was around $3k IVF cycle was charged $15k and each FET cycle was charged $7k. I feel like each cycle was a little expensive than average cost.
My doctor always recommended single embryo transfer. She advised me about the complications of having multiple embryo transfer. Also, I have uterine fibroids that she recommended to be removed. My personal decision was to not remove it before having a first child. She let me know my uterus already has some space occupied by fibroids.
Carol Anania
Dedham

My husband and myself both really liked [Dr. Pei-Li Huang]...she was very personable and very easy to talk with. She made the environment very relaxed and answered all questions we had. She doesn’t treat you like a number and is very informative of what she sees while doing a follicular ultrasound...When I first met with her we decided we would try times intercourse with letrozole. We did that and only had one follicle grow from there we tried clomid and saw no results and lastly we combined letrozole and clomid and saw no results again. Waiting to start our next plan of action
Jamie [nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England] is wonderful. Very friendly always ask how your weekend was and takes you right in time...I feel like dr huang has kind of given up on what’s next. I feel like we are running out of options quickly and I feel like we have only just begun...When I first met with her we decided we would try times intercourse with letrozole. We did that and only had one follicle grow from there we tried clomid and saw no results and lastly we combined letrozole and clomid and saw no results again. Waiting to start our next plan of action
My husband and myself both really liked huang she was very personable and very easy to talk with. She made the environment very relaxed and answered all questions we had. She doesn’t treat you like a number and is very informative of what she sees while doing a follicular ultrasound
Ask questions and be aggressive
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Doctor huang is very personable and made me not feel like a number
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
Jamie is wonderful. Very friendly always ask how your weekend was and takes you right in time.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I feel like dr huang has kind of given up on what’s next. I feel like we are running out of options quickly and I feel like we have only just begun. One problem is my insurance coverage not being great.
Every time I have in ultrasound I have a 40$ copay. Also have had a few small bills for bloodwork
Pei-Li Huang