Selling medication is not offered

758 Eddy St
Providence, RI 02903
12 Alfred Street
Woburn, MA 01801

Dr. Huang was very positive and I was really impressed that she was the one to always call with updates and results and not the nurse (although I really liked the nursing staff too). She made time for me and answered all of our questions and really wanted to see us succeed...I started out on birth control to suppress my ovulation. Once the treatment started, due to my good AMH response, we started on an average dose of Gonal F 225u for 8days and due to response turned it down to 150u, 100u and then 75u. I also took 7 doses of Ganirelix 250mcg. For the trigger, I only needed 5000u for Novarel. After Retrieval I took Crinone only as I developed a mild case of OHSS.
So the only negatives I experienced here [Fertility Solutions of New England] were typical with any other clinic. I was billed for a test I didn't take - but that was easy to resolve with the clinic billing coordinator...I think the clinic's strengths are that there are only 3 doctors - I met with each of them at different times and liked them all, although I did prefer Dr. Huang. The staff was also friendly and the office was nice and clean - it was easy to schedule an appointment. Waiting times were also not bad - about 5-10 minutes to be called, and then probably another 5-15 minutes to see the Doctor. The only weaknesses I can think of is just to keep track of your billing and make sure you are appropriately getting charged for procedures/blood draws done on the day of your visit.
How was your experience with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
As a patient I wasn't sure what to expect as this was my first time doing IVF. We chose Fertility Solutions as there were 3 main doctors, were some facilities you could be seeing a number of them. Our consultation was with Dr. Huang, and we saw her the most throughout the process. I really liked her positivity, warmth and I thought should was very straight-forward. She answered all of the questions we had and really wanted to see us succeed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
I think as with any Fertility Doctor, do your research about the processes, and come prepared with questions. She was happy to answer all and any questions, but she and the clinic are very busy and I noticed that if I did not come prepared with questions she assumed I didn't have any and went on her way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Describe the protocols Pei-Li Huang used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Solutions of New England.
I worked primarily with Sue and also Paula a few times - I'd highly recommend the entire staff. Everyone was very nice. I had a lot of questions along the way and communicated with Sue primarily through email and she was always really prompt in answering. The nursing staff during Retrieval was also great, and I felt really relaxed and comfortable the entire time.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Due to Covid, I had to travel to the main office of Dedham for most of my procedures. I think the clinic's strengths are that there are only 3 doctors - I met with each of them at different times and liked them all, although I did prefer Dr. Huang. The staff was also friendly and the office was nice and clean - it was easy to schedule an appointment. Waiting times were also not bad - about 5-10 minutes to be called, and then probably another 5-15 minutes to see the Doctor. The only weaknesses I can think of is just to keep track of your billing and make sure you are appropriately getting charged for procedures/blood draws done on the day of your visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Most of my costs were covered by insurance - although I have a limited number of "cycles" (2). I have a $50 copay and most of the bloodwork, etc was covered at 100%. Surprisingly my Retrieval and Transfer were covered 100% as well. The only thing I paid a lot of money for was the medication. One thing the facility mentioned is that if the medication is charged through insurance, it's much more than paying out of pocket sometimes. I found that was the case and as I had a limit of $10,000 on medication, that soon ran out for 1 cycle. So for some of the medication I paid out of pocket so it wouldn't get whacked against my limit, if that makes sense.
Describe Pei-Li Huang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Dr. Huang prefers eSET if possible, although I only had 1 embryo to transfer so I did not have to face that decision.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England.
So the only negatives I experienced here were typical with any other clinic. I was billed for a test I didn't take - but that was easy to resolve with the clinic billing coordinator. Also I filled out paperwork to have all my results transferred to my OBGYN, and the paperwork was lost and the results weren't set. An easy fix though to call the office, refill out the form and have them send it again.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
I like her [Dr. Ania Kowalik] because she is clear and to the point with information without it being overwhelming...She is extremely considerate of my wife, a trans women...She presents all options and gives her opinion on which will be the best course of treatment but makes it clear that it is the patients choice how to move forward with treatment. I personally appreciate a straight forward approach in medical setting so I like this a lot about her, but could see it not being for everyone.
The initial process to get established as a [Fertility Solutions of New England] patient is a little long but once you are started as a full patient there is very little wait time. The doctors that work together are all well versed and good to work with. I saw a care team for a lot of my early ultrasounds and blood draws and then saw my specific doctor for more important and decision making appointments.
How was your experience with Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
I like her because she is clear and to the point with information without it being overwhelming. She presents all options and gives her opinion on which will be the best course of treatment but makes it clear that it is the patients choice how to move forward with treatment. I personally appreciate a straight forward approach in medical setting so I like this a lot about her, but could see it not being for everyone.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
She has so much information and doesn't want to waste a patients time so come prepared with questions and she will be able to answer them!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
She dedicated time to our specific situation and was always checking that we understood our choices and options.
Describe the protocols Ania Kowalik used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
So I started my IVF cycle on 10 days of birth control, had hormone levels checked and then started treatment to prepare for my egg retrieval. I did 10 days of 200 iui of Gonal-F followed by 2 days at 150 iui. 12 total days on Gonal-F. Days 7-11 I did prefilled syringes of Ganirelix. Day 12 I didn't trigger shot of 10,000 in 1ml of water. The egg retrieval day 14. Then day 5 embryo transfer.
How competent was Ania Kowalik at LGBTQ care?
She is extremely considerate of my wife, a trans women, who doesn't have any legal name change but has never once dead named her and made sure her name was on all visible parts of our file and her dead name was only used when legally necessary. The second she was knowledgeable about trans fertility and fertility preservation which is what we were seeking. After that she diagnosed my wife with infertility.
The staff is kind and knowledgeable. They are respectful and smiling even for the early 7:30 am appointments!
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The initial process to get established as a patient is a little long but once you are started as a full patient there is very little wait time. The doctors that work together are all well versed and good to work with. I saw a care team for a lot of my early ultrasounds and blood draws and then saw my specific doctor for more important and decision making appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England.
My insurance count them as specialist visit so they are $50. My saline sonogram was $150 after insurance. They also have adjusted self pay options that I have not used.
Dedham

Dr. Anania clearly explained our course of treatment. She also explained why she changed medication orders when my estrogen was very high at egg retrieval. She tempered expectations with caution, which I appreciated, but was still upbeat when we only had two eggs grow to embryo stage...I did ask about single vs. multiple, and Dr. Anania assured me it would be only one embryo implanted at a time
I primarily communicated with [our nurse] on the web portal. She was incredibly quick to reply to my questions...Fertility Solutions does a great job making you feel comfortable and guiding you through a somewhat complicated protocol. I found everyone I talked to was friendly, understanding, proficient, and focused on my care. Scheduling was easy and I was able to get appointments before work. We had a relatively easy time of it, so I don’t have a great picture of how they deal with more complicated cases, but they communicated well and were a pleasure to work with
How was your experience with Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Dr. Anania was knowledgeable, kind, and available. It was a pleasure to work with her and her staff. Even though I only did one round of IVF at the clinic, I saw her quite a bit, for my ultrasounds, and my two procedures. Dr. Anania clearly explained our course of treatment. She also explained why she changed medication orders when my estrogen was very high at egg retrieval. She tempered expectations with caution, which I appreciated, but was still upbeat when we only had two eggs grow to embryo stage.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Make sure you understand the treatment protocol and why it has been chosen for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Fertility solutions is lovely to work with, particularly after my terrible experience with my first fertility clinic. The staff was friendly, recognized me when I came in the door, and was readily available via the web portal and the nurses line. The secretary in the Woburn office even made it a special point to remember the correct pronunciation of my last name. It was so refreshing to be treated like a human being.
Describe the protocols Carol Anania used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
We did one round of IVF. I started with a month of birth control, then began daily injections of gonal f 3 days into my cycle. After 5 days, cetrotide was added. I triggered with lupron. After egg retrieval, I started on twice daily estrace and three time daily progesterone suppositories. I had a mild allergic reaction to the suppositories so after my positive pregnancy test they switched me to once daily intramuscular progesterone shots.
I primarily communicated with Sue on the web portal. She was incredibly quick to reply to my questions. I’ve also spoken with Krissi on the phone who is nice but matter of fact. She left a message telling me my blood results came back positive in the most normal tone of voice, that it took me halfway through the message to realize she was telling me I was pregnant. The nurses I met in person at my egg retrieval and implantation were kind, knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Fertility Solutions does a great job making you feel comfortable and guiding you through a somewhat complicated protocol. I found everyone I talked to was friendly, understanding, proficient, and focused on my care. Scheduling was easy and I was able to get appointments before work. We had a relatively easy time of it, so I don’t have a great picture of how they deal with more complicated cases, but they communicated well and were a pleasure to work with. The one issue I had was dealt with promptly and professionally.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England.
We had already met our deductible by the time we started at Fertility Solutions, so I paid a total of $45 for the egg retrieval (to this point). I paid almost $1000 in copays and out of pocket costs for medications.
Describe Carol Anania's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
I did ask about single vs. multiple, and Dr. Anania assured me it would be only one embryo implanted at a time. My husband is a twin and wanted twins but I was told this was quite dangerous and current methods with one embryo have shown very good results. (Lucky for me I had an excuse not to have twins!)
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
The nurse who sent me my Lupron trigger information accidentally gave me the wrong instruction sheet which was for long term lupron use, so the dosage was different than my other instructions. I didn’t notice until after 5pm, but I left a message with the answering service and Dr. Kowalik called me within 15 minutes. She told me which instructions were correct and changed out the instruction sheet on my web portal.
Woburn

Clinic is very organized, clean and welcoming space. I was previously at a clinic that wasnt specialized in Fertility and Fertility Solutions is a wonderful change as there is a dedicated nursing phone line and I can communicate with the nurses through email in the portal....There was one communication issue where the nurse told me the frozen embryo transfer would be one month after my egg retrieval. When my period started I was so excited because it meant it was time for the transfer so when I called with my CD1 start date I was then told it would be after the following month.
Dr. Huang is very thorough and while at time I get frustrated because I want an immediate solution I know that ultimately she is doing the right thing. After my last miscarriage she made sure to perform a hysteroscopy herself as the D&C was performed by another doctor's office since I had "graduated" from the fertility clinic where we found pregnancy tissue left behind. She then performed an additional D&C herself where shes corrected the issue of leftover tissue and performed a second hysteroscopy to ensure the tissue was gone. Although I expressed frustrations with all the set-backs she comforted me by saying that we didn't want to place a good embryo in an uterus that was not ready/the most optimal conditions.
I feel that Dr. Huang listens to my concerns without talking over me or dismissing my thoughts as my past doctor has done. Additionally when I was experiencing a miscarriage she was very compassionate and called to check in on me several times.
For 1st FET cycle: Antagonist Protocol - Stimulated using Gonal-F, HCG & Lupron Trigger Shot. We had 19 eggs retrieved, 16 were mature, 11 fertilized and 7 embryos were sent for PGS testing (since I had a history of recurrent pregnancy loss). 5 Embryos came back PGS normal and we transferred 1 5AA PGS Normal embryo which ended in a miscarriage at 8 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sue & Sandra)
I have primarily had great experiences with the nursing staff but I have occasionally had communication issues with the nurses where one of them isn't sure the protocol I am on or I have if there is going to be a delay in my timeline and the answer is unclear.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Our costs were primarily covered by insurance but we had to pay about $1,000 out of pocket for the FET cycle and about $4,000 for the PGS testing.
Dr. Huang preferred I only transferred one embryo because although I have a history of pregnancy loss I have had pregnancies last for several weeks+ so we know implantation occurs and she felt that the risks of a multiples pregnancy was greater for me.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
There was one communication issue where the nurse told me the frozen embryo transfer would be one month after my egg retrieval. When my period started I was so excited because it meant it was time for the transfer so when I called with my CD1 start date I was then told it would be after the following month. Although it was only a one month delay I was still devastated. Looking back on it I know the one month wasn't a big deal but just wish that was more clear up front.
Dedham

Dr. Kowalik was wonderful! She took the time to talk through everything with my husband and I. I never felt rushed, or like I couldn't ask questions...very clear in her explanations, and honest about positives and negatives along the way. At one point we had a minor setback...a small polyp was discovered during a repeat SHG, which required surgery before we could proceed with our IVF cycle. She performed this surgery as well and I was very pleased with my experience during that process as well.
As a personal preference, I wanted a clinic that was primarily women and this fit the bill! A lot of fertility doctors in my area are men, and Fertility Solutions is entirely woman owned and run. I think the only man I ever worked with was the anesthesiologist during my retrieval...Monitoring appointments were very organized. They opened early enough that I was able to fit them in before work
I honestly don't have any weaknesses to list. Dr. Kowalik was great to work with....very clear in her explanations, and honest about positives and negatives along the way. At one point we had a minor setback...a small polyp was discovered during a repeat SHG, which required surgery before we could proceed with our IVF cycle. She performed this surgery as well and I was very pleased with my experience during that process as well.
I found her to be very professional. If you are looking for "warm and fuzzy" she may not be the best fit, but my husband and I felt very comfortable with her expertise. Also, one important thing to note about this practice as a whole...if you are looking for it (it was not a priority for us at all), they do not let you know the gender of your embryos. We were told very firmly that it is against the mission of their practice.
Dr. Kowalik was wonderful! She took the time to talk through everything with my husband and I. I never felt rushed, or like I couldn't ask questions. At Fertility Solutions, a doctor (not always Dr. Kowalik, I saw Dr. Anania frequently as well) is always the one to perform your ultrasounds, so during your appointment you have a very good idea of where you are in the process and what next steps will be.
I started my journey with an HSG at a different facility (the hospital my regular OB works out of) in August of 2018. I got pregnant naturally in the same cycle as this procedure, but suffered a miscarriage in October 2018. I met with Dr. Kowalik in April 2019. We first did two IUI cycles, using Clomid and Ovidrel trigger shot, and then progesterone suppositories. Both were unsuccessful. We decided to start the IVF process later in the summer of 2019. My insurance required a repeat HSG since it had been a year. During that process a small polyp was discovered, which required surgery to remove. After my surgery, I was finally able to start the stim / retrieval process in October 2019. After a cycle on birth control I was prescribed Gonal-F and Ganirelix. My retrieval yielded 8 follicles, from which we got 4 fertilized, 2 made it to day 5 and were sent to PGS testing. We had 1 normal embryo. I started a natural FET cycle in December 2019, and transferred my one embryo on December 23, which resulted in the little girl I am holding right now!
I mainly saw the nurses for my bloodwork and to help prep for procedures. They were all very kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
As a personal preference, I wanted a clinic that was primarily women and this fit the bill! A lot of fertility doctors in my area are men, and Fertility Solutions is entirely woman owned and run. I think the only man I ever worked with was the anesthesiologist during my retrieval. Ultrasounds were also always performed by a doctor so you had immediate feedback. They were also very quick to reply...if I left a message for a nurse I heard back before the end of the day. Instructions on next steps were always very clearly laid out, so I was never left questioning if I was doing the right thing during a potentially very confusing process.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Monitoring appointments were very organized. They opened early enough that I was able to fit them in before work. You were given an appointment time to help stagger the number of people in the office at once, so I don't think I ever waited more than 10-15 minutes.
My insurance covered most of it, so it was just co-pays/deductible. It was definitely under $1000 total for all procedures and medications.
Describe Ania Kowalik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Because of my age, we could have chosen to transfer 2 embryos had we not done PGS testing. However Dr. Kowalik did not recommend transferring 2 PGS tested embryos as the chance of success is so much higher.
Dedham

She[Dr. Anania] throws a lot of information at you in the first meeting and it can be overwhelming. Since i'd been TTC for the past year I was familiar with much of the terminology and testing she referred to. If this is your first step on your fertility journey then do some research beforehand...From the moment she enters the waiting room, when she warmly greets all those waiting to her phone call follow ups when things are confusing I feel like she sees me as a human and not a number.
Weaknesses [at Fertility Solutions of New England]-Testing and ultrasounds are not available before 7:30am. At first I thought this was a great time but I recently found out that other centers in the area open at 6am...Strengths-Great staff, Woburn location is easy to access from highway and plenty of parking, the portal is great for communcating with nurses and doctors and viewing test results, test results are available within a few hours and if something is not as expected then I receive a call from the nurse or doctor, depending on who I met with that day. I like that they are proactive in calling me about next steps after a negative pregnancy test; it gives me something to focus on.
I was referred to Doctor Anania after 3 unsuccessful unmonitored/unmedicated IUI's using a local midwife. From the first visit she took a great deal of time to explain all the options and then asked me questions to help me make the best decision for me. Whenever I have a question or concern I have gotten an answer and she also explains things to me so I understand what is going on.
She throws a lot of information at you in the first meeting and it can be overwhelming. Since i'd been TTC for the past year I was familiar with much of the terminology and testing she referred to. If this is your first step on your fertility journey then do some research beforehand.
Baseline testing Cycle 1-monitored cycle with Ovidrel trigger; negative pregnancy test Cycle 2-monitored cycle with Clomid, was surging when I went for my midcycle and ultrasound so no trigger, Endometrin, negative pregnancy test Cycle 3-monitored cycle showed ovarian cyst producing hormones so cancelled Cycle 4-monitored cycle with Clomid, Ovidrel trigger; endometrin, currently in TWW
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Erin )
Every member of the nursing staff has been amazing! Erin is a great resource and I feel like I can always ask her questions no matter how silly they may sound. I mainly see Jamie because she is on duty for morning ultrasounds and bloodwork, and she is always welcoming and considerate despite the early hour. Sandra has also been great answering questions thru the portal.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Strengths-Great staff, Woburn location is easy to access from highway and plenty of parking, the portal is great for communcating with nurses and doctors and viewing test results, test results are available within a few hours and if something is not as expected then I receive a call from the nurse or doctor, depending on who I met with that day. I like that they are proactive in calling me about next steps after a negative pregnancy test; it gives me something to focus on. Weaknesses-Testing and ultrasounds are not available before 7:30am. At first I thought this was a great time but I recently found out that other centers in the area open at 6am.
PCP referral so no cost for initial appointments Insurance covered all testing, some co-pays for advanced testing 3 IUI monitored cycles with Clomid $2500 (buy 2 get one free LOL!) Clomid, Ovidrel, Endometrin-Insurance covered, co-pays under $50 per med.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
The nurse had called about coming in for a pre-Clomid ultrasound along with my bloodwork. When I got there the ultrasound wasn't scheduled. However, they were able to access the portal and I got the ultrasound on the spot. I was impressed they were able to make this all happen so quickly.
Woburn

She [Dr. Pei-Li Huang] is very communicative and kind. She can be blunt, but I appreciated her practical approach. She is also kind and responsive to anxiety and the stress of the process. I did find her to be a little bit clinical at times but most doctors are.... For medicated IUI cycles she recommended letrozole rather than clomid due to lining issues and also a reduced chance of multiples. They do blood work and ultrasound monitoring with all medicated cycles.
The clinic [Fertility Solutions of NE] is a bit smaller than some others in the area, which I like because it feels more intimate and less assembly-line. The multiple locations are very helpful for scheduling monitoring close to home. We didn’t realize procedures (IUI and IVF) were all done in Needham at first, but it ended up not being a big deal. I am glad they have on-call doctors around on the weekend because we had to do our first IUI on a Sunday morning! The office is very clean and relaxing.
She is very communicative and kind. She can be blunt, but I appreciated her practical approach. She is also kind and responsive to anxiety and the stress of the process. I did find her to be a little bit clinical at times but most doctors are.
Advocate for yourself. She is great about answering questions so don’t be afraid to be annoying by reaching out so you feel comfortable.
She was very attentive to our specific situation and needs. I appreciated that she responded directly to my questions with a returned phone call rather than communicating through the nurse. She was willing to answer lots of questions which I found helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
They were very kind during failed cycles when I was upset. Flexible with scheduling and very positive about our prospects without being annoying. I felt very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The clinic is a bit smaller than some others in the area, which I like because it feels more intimate and less assembly-line. The multiple locations are very helpful for scheduling monitoring close to home. We didn’t realize procedures (IUI and IVF) were all done in Needham at first, but it ended up not being a big deal. I am glad they have on-call doctors around on the weekend because we had to do our first IUI on a Sunday morning! The office is very clean and relaxing.
Unmonitored/unmedicated IUI was $475 out of pocket. Medicated/monitored IUI was $1,000 out of pocket, which included all monitoring appointments. Medication was billed separately through the pharmacy. They are very transparent about pricing.
Providence

Round 1[with Dr. Pei-Li Huang]: Birth control followed by gonal-f and ganarelex, then trigger shot and PIO. 5 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 blast transferred on day 5, 0 frozen Round 2: Estrace followed by lupron and gonal-f, then trigger shot and PIO. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 0 made to blast/0 transferred/0 frozen Round 3 (in progress): Estrace followed by menopur and gonal-f, then ganarelex, trigger shot, PIO and endometrim inserts.
They [Fertility Solutions of NE- Providence] have multiple offices which is great. They also have early morning appointment times for blood work and ultrasounds, so you don’t have to miss too much work if you have a 9-5 job. Appointments start at 7 am... The intake process for routine monitoring was very smooth. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes, even without an appointment
I had a great experience with Dr. Huang and all the doctors at Fertility Solitions. They are informative, transparent, and easily accessible for questions. Dr. Huang always makes herself available when I need to call her, and she personally delivers the news about how our embryos are developing after retrieval. I have had a great experience with Dr. Huang.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Dr. Huang is always happy to explain things.
Dr. Huang is the most caring, personable doctor I’ve seen. She truly cares about her patients and shows empathy and compassion.
Round 1: Birth control followed by gonal-f and ganarelex, then trigger shot and PIO. 5 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 blast transferred on day 5, 0 frozen Round 2: Estrace followed by lupron and gonal-f, then trigger shot and PIO. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 0 made to blast/0 transferred/0 frozen Round 3 (in progress): Estrace followed by menopur and gonal-f, then ganarelex, trigger shot, PIO and endometrim inserts.
The nurses are so caring, compassionate, and informative. They are always available to answer questions and return phone calls the same day
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
They have multiple offices which is great. They also have early morning appointment times for blood work and ultrasounds, so you don’t have to miss too much work if you have a 9-5 job. Appointments start at 7 am
Deductibles and co-pays for appointments and medications
Dr. Huang prefers single embryo transfer
Providence

She [Dr. Kowalik] has a warm but no-nonsense bedside manner. She’s very focused and kept us on track, but compassionate as well. She’s laughed with us, cried with us and hugged us... We were always a low probability case, and she was realistic but very compassionate with us, promising (and following through on her promises) to do everything she could to help us achieve success one way or another...The first observation Dr. Kowalik made after reading my records was that I clearly had insufficient luteal support and she switched me to PIO shots.
Strengths [at Fertility Solutions of New England]: communication, compassion and true partnership with their patients. Also willing to “think outside the box” and try treatments that more conservative or high volume (factory style) clinics will not consider. I love that I could communicate directly with my doctor pretty much whenever I wanted to. Weaknesses: I honestly did not encounter any. I think maybe only once I didn’t get a phone call returned the same day. And I called a lot. The handle to the clinic’s front door was loose for a few months, but even that has been fixed. I have to really stretch to find anything to criticize. Coming here after having had a frustrating experience at a high-volume clinic made me really appreciate how well they do everything. They take pride in their work, as all clinics should, but they understand that each patient is a person who carries a lot of pain due to infertility, and they take success and failures as personally as their patients do. Their patients are not just statistics to them, they are family.
We came to Dr. Kowalik after a less than ideal experience at another clinic. We were always a low probability case, and she was realistic but very compassionate with us, promising (and following through on her promises) to do everything she could to help us achieve success one way or another. In the month between the 2 rounds we did with her, I actually fell pregnant naturally. However, it was not to be. Dr. Kowalik did everything she could to help me sustain the pregnancy until it was clear that it would not continue, and cared for me through the miscarriage. We made adjustments for the final round and finally, an embryo took. My husband and I were already talking about moving onto donor eggs assuming the final round would fail, and she said that she’d help us through that if it came to donor eggs, but in the meantime, she was 100% focused on the round at hand and needed us to be the same. Her commitment to her patients is unparalleled.
Be honest with her. Let her know exactly what’s on your mind and she will do everything in her power to get you to your goal.
She has a warm but no-nonsense bedside manner. She’s very focused and kept us on track, but compassionate as well. She’s laughed with us, cried with us and hugged us.
My previous clinic used an antagonist protocol with estrogen priming and crinone for luteal support. I bled before both betas there. The first observation Dr. Kowalik made after reading my records was that I clearly had insufficient luteal support and she switched me to PIO shots. Concerned that the priming was suppressing me too much (I’d had 4 mature eggs in each of my first 2 rounds), she switched me to a microflare protocol (10 Lupron morning and night, 450 Gonal F). In the first round we got 5 eggs, all mature, all fertilized. 1 had arrested and 1 was arresting on day 3- we transferred the other 3 and beta was negative. For the second round, protocol remained the same except we added Omnitrope (.333) for the 9 days of stims as well as EmbryoGen growth medium. We got 4 eggs, all mature, all fertilized. All were still growing on day 3, despite one being graded poor and 2 fair on day 1. All were transferred. We achieved pregnancy and I learned at my first ultrasound with my ob that 2 had actually implanted, though only one developed. I’m currently 21 weeks pregnant with that one.
They are wonderful. Quick to return phone calls (usually within the hour) and always informed and prepared to discuss my case. During retrieval procedures, they were a constant reassuring presence- provided great care while making it feel like a visit with friends. There were almost 4 months between my retrievals and during the second, one of the nurses actually remembered a conversation we’d been having at the previous retrieval. That’s when you know they care about their patients as the people we are.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Strengths: communication, compassion and true partnership with their patients. Also willing to “think outside the box” and try treatments that more conservative or high volume (factory style) clinics will not consider. I love that I could communicate directly with my doctor pretty much whenever I wanted to. Weaknesses: I honestly did not encounter any. I think maybe only once I didn’t get a phone call returned the same day. And I called a lot. The handle to the clinic’s front door was loose for a few months, but even that has been fixed. I have to really stretch to find anything to criticize. Coming here after having had a frustrating experience at a high-volume clinic made me really appreciate how well they do everything. They take pride in their work, as all clinics should, but they understand that each patient is a person who carries a lot of pain due to infertility, and they take success and failures as personally as their patients do. Their patients are not just statistics to them, they are family.
I remember that pit of pocket, the cost would have been close to $9000, which was comparable to my previous clinic. I am lucky to have good insurance, so aside from the medication costs (about $275 for each round), the rounds themselves cost $40 each and my consultations with Dr. Kowalik were also $40.
I’d had this discussion with my previous clinic. Due to my age and the limited number of embryos we always got, we were always going to transfer all that looked healthy, within SART guidelines.

Surrogacy With Other Docs
Dr Huang showed a great deal of compassion towards our struggle from the beginning, and the moment I met her I knew she would do everything she could to help us. She is devoted to ensuring her patients receive individual and personal care. It’s Dr Huang’s mission to make everyone feel safe and comfortable and she certainly succeeds in this.... However, as more information about my condition was uncovered, I felt as though next steps and the “right thing to do” was a guess. I know fertility doctors do not know it all by any means, but I wasn’t sure the complexity of my case was within her realm
Everyone at Fertility Solutions, including the nurses, all of the doctors and the front desk staff were absolutely wonderful. They were caring, kind and empathetic. They delivered negative news to me in a delicate and careful way and Dr Huang and her nurses never made me feel as though I was bothering them with all my questions and worries.... There are only 3 doctors at Fertility Solutions. Even though Dr Huang was my primary doctor, I often saw the other two for ultrasounds and they called me for bloodwork results or next steps.
Dr Huang showed a great deal of compassion towards our struggle from the beginning, and the moment I met her I knew she would do everything she could to help us. She is devoted to ensuring her patients receive individual and personal care. It’s Dr Huang’s mission to make everyone feel safe and comfortable and she certainly succeeds in this. If you’re looking for a clinic where you’re not a number and your hand is held every step of the way, this is the place to go. However, as more information about my condition was uncovered, I felt as though next steps and the “right thing to do” was a guess. I know fertility doctors do not know it all by any means, but I wasn’t sure the complexity of my case was within her realm (and by the way, my case was very complicated and somewhat a mystery!). Often times I craved upfront and candid direction but was instead given a range of choices that could work, or could not work, it would all totally depend. Again, infertility is frustrating and unclear for many, but at a certain point, I needed a more experienced doctor/surgeon to take over my case so I moved on to another clinic for another opinion.
Smaller clinics like Fertility Solutions certainly have their benefits (more individualized attention, personal experiences, safe and comfortable environments), but because they see a smaller number of patients, they tend to not “see it all” in terms of cases and conditions. If you have a complicated diagnosis, go with a larger hospital or clinic with more doctors.
Everyone at Fertility Solutions, including the nurses, all of the doctors and the front desk staff were absolutely wonderful. They were caring, kind and empathetic. They delivered negative news to me in a delicate and careful way and Dr Huang and her nurses never made me feel as though I was bothering them with all my questions and worries. They always answered their phones and called right back, which is rare for a fertility clinic.
I started with IUI as most fertility clinics do. This was when I didn’t have a diagnosis of endometriosis yet. All 3 cycles failed. I moved to IVF and I was put on 225 units of Gonal F and cetrotide. I remember thinking my Gonal F needed to be increased more after a certain stage of egg development but they kept it about the same. I had 23 eggs retrieved. No hyper-stimulation. Did a fresh transfer which resulted in an ovarian ectopic. I sadly lost my ovary in the surgery I received to remove the pregnancy. But I bounced back fairly quickly and transferred the remaining 6 embryos I had left, month after month. All failed. I did one more egg retrieval with Dr Huang with my one ovary and they retrieved 9 eggs. 3 became embryos and we did PGS. Only 1 was normal and sadly, I had another ectopic. This was when we decided to switch clinics
They were all wonderful, helpful and compassionate. Well aligned with the mission of Fertility Solutions. When I switched clinics, I missed their high level of attentiveness and care.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
There are only 3 doctors at Fertility Solutions. Even though Dr Huang was my primary doctor, I often saw the other two for ultrasounds and they called me for bloodwork results or next steps. I got to know all of them, and all of them were wonderful.
I could go in between 7-9am and I actually enjoyed my monitoring visits! The reason is because I loved the staff at the Woburn office. Jaime, the woman who draws blood there (she’s the only one!) is warm, sweet and nurturing. It was a pleasure talking to her - she distracted me from the pain and stress and made me smile every single time I was in. I am so grateful for her and for Deb, an admin at the Woburn office as well. What a wonderful team they were.
I was lucky to have insurance cover the majority of my treatments, so I did not pay much out of pocket.
We did eSET which I thought was the right choice
Cambridge
Dr.Kowalik is down to earth. I brought in a huge folder of all my past test and bloodwork my first day meeting her and she sat there and went through each page. Most doctors I've had experiences with would have pushed it aside. She even calls with updsates versus having staff do it. She explaines things in "mechanic terms for my husband so he can understand each process we will embark on.
They [Fertility Solutions of NE] are organized respond quickly either on the phone or if you are like me(busy bee with anxiety) you can communicate right through a patient messaging system. As far as weaknesses maybe their site can be a little more informative. As a new patient I would say be ready for an experience of a lifetime and I wouldn't recommend any other practice
Lay it all on the table, she is very understanding and doesn't judge .
I felt like a human because Dr.Kowalik was straight to the point. She did not sugar coat what the outcome may be or leave details out. She was very informative and actually reaches out during the process versus previous doctors whom I've only met during the consult.
I will be planning on proceeding with an antagonist cycle with Lupron to prevent ohss since I have pcos. I have started with provera to induce a cycle and will start with a month of birth control.
Very informative and helpful all the way to finding the best pricing on meds (the whole process is out of pocket for us)
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
They are organized respond quickly either on the phone or if you are like me(busy bee with anxiety) you can communicate right through a patient messaging system. As far as weaknesses maybe their site can be a little more informative. As a new patient I would say be ready for an experience of a lifetime and I wouldn't recommend any other practice
Our consult and bloodwork were about a 1000 Ivf cycle is around 9500 And meds around 5000
She explained that if we have healthy embryos then 1 would be ideal. My husband and myself have decided on 2 either way in which she advised us against it but after deliberation we will be signing a form to allow 2
Dedham
She was amazing with bedside manner to spare! ... Dr. Anania was a breath of fresh air in this difficult journey. I came to her very distraught from a bad experience at a previous clinic. She always took her time and had a thorough discussion with me. She actually listens and cares! ... I was offered a treatment of clomid IUI, but I declined as this had not worked previously.
The only weaknesses are location for those in central Mass and the BMI cut off, otherwise I could not recommend this clinic [Fertility Solutions of New England] more highly. All of the staff are warm and accommodating. They make you feel like the only patient while you are there. All services are done in house by the doctor, not technicians! ... I was not a candidate for IVF with this clinic because they have a strict weight limit and I was 1 BMI point too high in the end.
She is the best doctor I have ever had!
After an awful experience with another clinic, Dr. Anania was the next clinic that accepted my insurance (although clear across the state and very inconvenient), so I booked a consult. She was amazing with bedside manner to spare! She not only heard me out, but she ran a diagnostic and scrutinized my prior clinic to give correct information about my treatment options. She was kind enough to refer me elsewhere when it was determined she could not treat me.
I was offered a treatment of clomid IUI, but I declined as this had not worked previously. I was not a candidate for IVF with this clinic because they have a strict weight limit and I was 1 BMI point too high in the end. She was patient and allowed me time to lose weight, but in the end I was unable to lose enough weight fast enough and there was concern if we kept waiting I may not have any eggs left. I genuinely tried, but the weight wasn’t dropping fast enough. She was kind enough to recommend a clinic who would treat me, rather than waste time.
I don’t recall any poor experiences, but I mostly dealt with the doctor.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The only weaknesses are location for those in central Mass and the BMI cut off, otherwise I could not recommend this clinic more highly. All of the staff are warm and accommodating. They make you feel like the only patient while you are there. All services are done in house by the doctor, not technicians!
I only pay deductible and copays with my insurance.

IUI With Other Docs
After the first time I met Dr. Anania I felt good, I knew she was the right Dr. for me. I did have a second opinion with many other Dr.s before her but none of them made me feel I was in the right hands. She is honest and smart and kind. I will recommend her to anyone. I would also recommend Dr. Ania Kowalik or Dr. Pei-Li Huang. They are a very close team so it doesn't really matter who you choose. They are all fantastic. Dr. Ania did my retrieval and transfer and she was great.
I am very pleased with my experience at Fertility Solution. Dr. Carol is extremely professional and smart. She is also kind and have a good sense of humor. But also Dr. Pei-Li Huang and Dr. Ania Kowalik are fantastic. You will get to meet them all. They are a wonderful team of brave women that know exactly what they are doing...The main clinic is in Dedham, where they do all the main IVF procedures. Woburn and the others are mainly for ultrasound and blood work. Fertility Solutions uses state of the art micro-incubators called Minc, which is the most advanced incubator, allowing the embryos to maintain the right temperature at all times.
I am very pleased with my experinece at Fertility Solution. Dr. Carol is extremely professional and smart. She is also kind and have a good sense of humor. But also Dr. Pei-Li Huang and Dr. Ania Kowalik are fantastic. You will get to meet them all. They are a wonderful team of brave women that know exactly what they are doing.
Dr. Carol is very professional, kind, clever. She will listen and consider your experiences, concerns, questions. She will take time to explain. Plus she does most of the ultrasounds, (alternating with her the other dr. at the center). So you will see her very often giving time to build a real relationship. She is very dedicated and passionate about her work.
She used a OCP antagonist protocol.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
All the cost were covered by the insurance.

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
She's a wonderful dr, intelligent, well-researched, very open-minded, compassionate and warm bedside manner. She [Dr Kowalik] communicates well and is open-minded to less conventional treatments, like immunological treatments. She was on top of the latest research and is thorough with diagnostics. She went above and beyond to help us reach the most success we've had so far.
The clinic [Fertility Solutions of New England] is on the smaller side compared to others in the area, but with very personalized treatment and monitoring is done by doctors, not just ultrasound techs or nurses. Fairly good lab and wonderful treatment from the entire staff.
She's a wonderful dr, intelligent, well-researched, very open-minded, compassionate and warm bedside manner. She communicates well and is open-minded to less conventional treatments, like immunological treatments. She was on top of the latest research and is thorough with diagnostics. She went above and beyond to help us reach the most success we've had so far.
Take advantage of her thorough knowledge on latest research in infertility.
She took time to really listen to patients and address concerns and explain at complicated matters at a level we could understand. She was very compassionate and very much cared about her patients.
She based the protocols on what worked previously and tweaked as necessary from there, but also incorporated findings from latest research into consideration for how to proceed as well. She was open to treatment recommendations from the reproductive immunologist we were also working with and modified our protocol to accommodate them. Between the immunology protocol and a very competent IVF/FET protocol, we were able to get pregnant 3 out of 4 cycles (had almost all negatives at prior clinics) and reached 2nd trimester for the first time in our on-going pregnancy.
Nursing staff was wonderful, prompt to answer questions, send in prescription orders, help with insurance as necessary. They went above and beyond to accommodate extra testing we needed for our reproductive immunologist. They were very compassionate and incredibly supportive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The clinic is on the smaller side compared to others in the area, but with very personalized treatment and monitoring is done by doctors, not just ultrasound techs or nurses. Fairly good lab and wonderful treatment from the entire staff.
Woburn

Dr. Kowalik was wonderful from the first time we sat down with her. She was very kind, empathetic and gave us hope. I had a lot of fear about pursuing fertility treatments, but she made sure we addressed them together before we got started. I appreciated that she took the time to make sure I knew what was happening before we moved forward...I can be a bit hysterical/irrational sometimes and I think Dr. Kowalik sometimes might have thought I was a bit looney, but she was never anything less than empathetic, supportive and kind to me...
I can be a bit hysterical/irrational sometimes and I think Dr. Kowalik sometimes might have thought I was a bit looney, but she was never anything less than empathetic, supportive and kind to me. I think she is just a very rational, intelligent, straight-forward person, and thank goodness for it! She is a good mix of empathetic, hopeful and straightforward.
I was pretty upset after having suffered from infertility for a number of years and it was affecting my mental health. I was very afraid to pursue fertility treatments because I knew it could be a long, difficult journey, but I magically had some insurance coverage for it that year and was at my wits end trying it naturally. The first thing Dr. Kowalik did was sit down and go over each and every fear my husband and I had. I was always treated with empathy and respect, from every person I dealt with at the clinic.
We started with an IUI, with clomid (if I remember correctly). Because I had been trying naturally for 3.5 years and was at my wits end, and because of possible endometriosis we both decided to go ahead with IVF for the next cycle. I was ovulating regularly so I think they started me on a low dose of the fertility meds. I know I was given birth control pills to control/suppress ovulation until they were ready, then used a Gonal-F pen to stimulate egg production, then cetrotide to stall it for a bit (I think?). All the while they were measuring my blood hormones and checking with ultrasound every few days to see the eggs developing in the follicles. Once they were developed and I was almost ready to ovulate, I gave myself a trigger shot, so they knew that the next day they could retrieve the eggs. They got 7 eggs out, 5 were mature and 5 made it to day 5 when I had my embryo transfer where they transferred one which implanted! I had a positive pregnancy test result 10 days later and continued taking endometrium (a progesterone supplement) for a few more weeks.
I was so nervous about my egg retrieval and embryo transfer, but Dr. Huang and the nursing staff at the clinic in Dedham (where these procedures are performed) could not have been kinder or more supportive. They were very patient and made sure I understood exactly what would happen and how to take care of myself afterwards. I am such a hippie and was sad to be needing medical intervention to get pregnant, but they were so great that the process still seemed very personal and meaningful and special - plus it's really cool science and I'm endlessly grateful it exists.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I can tell that Fertility Solutions of New England has put a lot of thought into making fertility treatments as affordable and convenient as possible without sacrificing personal service or quality of care. I was so grateful to be able to visit my local clinic and see my own doctor for most of my visits. I would get blood drawn on my way into work and barely missed any time. The Dedham office where the major procedures are done, was beautiful and calming. There were times I did feel a bit confused about what was expected of me during my IVF cycle, but only because the drugs and treatments were new to me and I tend to get overwhelmed following directions sometimes. But help was always a phone call or message away. They try to make it as easy as possible for you, posting your instructions on the online portal and it wasn't hard to get the hang of things. Again, I was lucky because things worked quickly, but I really can't say enough about how wonderfully I was treated.
I know I am incredibly, incredibly lucky and I feel awful that this isn't the case for more people suffering from infertility, but my care was covered almost 100% by my state employer. I am now getting some bills (months after the procedure as it gets worked out with my insurance) so I think in the end I will end up paying almost $1000.00 total which I know is nothing. I wouldn't have been able to afford treatment otherwise and I can't imagine how awful that feels.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
There was just one minor error where I didn't have a blood draw scheduled when I had been told to go in and get it done (it might have accidentally been scheduled at another location, or it could've been my error). But the amazing nurse at the Providence clinic, Katrina fixed it quickly and I only had a wait a few extra minutes while she confirmed.
Providence

Even though Dr. Kowalik was "my" doctor, I met all the other doctors too- Dr. Anania once for monitoring, and it was actually Dr. Huang who did my retrieval AND my FET, just for scheduling reasons. I am obviously thrilled with my results, and highly recommend Dr. Kowalik and all the other partners at Fertility Solutions...My workup was negative so it was felt my diagnosis was likely age-related poor egg quality, and she recommended IVF with PGS testing. I ended up with one normal embryo (out of 3 that were tested, from 8 eggs harvested) which we transferred, and I am currently 12w pregnant!...
My only complaint is that my clinic (providence) was a satellite office, and wasn't as full-featured as the main office in Dedham. I did have to travel to Dedham for procedures and on times (weekends etc) that the satellites weren't open. So it was very convenient to have easier access to a satellite office- but it would have been great to just have everything at Dedham. I'm not sure that I understood at my first appointment that not everything could be done in Providence. This isn't a bad thing- just something to be aware of...
I am a success story! I am 40 and had 3 miscarriages in a year, after one previous successful (natural) pregnancy so I came for eval. My workup was negative so it was felt my diagnosis was likely age-related poor egg quality, and she recommended IVF with PGS testing. I ended up with one normal embryo (out of 3 that were tested, from 8 eggs harvested) which we transferred, and I am currently 12w pregnant! I am very very fortunate to have been successful with my first cycle, but it also means my ability to review is more limited than someone who has had multiple cycles. Even though Dr. Kowalik was "my" doctor, I met all the other doctors too- Dr. Anania once for monitoring, and it was actually Dr. Huang who did my retrieval AND my FET, just for scheduling reasons. I am obviously thrilled with my results, and highly recommend Dr. Kowalik and all the other partners at Fertility Solutions.
Sometimes too much information is not a good thing- so try to put your own "reasearch" aside and trust her!!
I felt like my treatment protocol was tailored to my specific case and was not just one-size-fits-all
Since I am older and at lower risk of OHSS I was on high dose follistim. I don't know the name of the protocol but for my retrieval cycle I started with OCPs then 450 follistim with ganirelix added towards the end, and an HCG trigger. We did ICSI and grew the embryos to day 5/6 before freezing for PGS. After PGS I did a medicated FET cycle (oral estrogen and IM progesterone) and transferred one (the only) normal embryo. I appreciated that I was not on as many meds as it seems a lot of people are (menopur, lupron, antibiotics, steroids...)
I only met nurses briefly at my procedures- most of my contact with them was over the phone and through messages on the portal. Everyone was great- but I don't really know who I dealt with.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Fortunately my insurance covers IVF- the only thing I had to pay for out of pocket was the PGS testing
Providence

Dr. Anania was wonderful to work with. She had a great bedside manner. She delivered difficult news in a kind and respectful manner. After insurance denied a procedure, she called them herself to fight their decision on our behalf. Dr. Anania was always available by telephone whenever we needed to speak with her...She validated my feelings and never brushed me off...I did 2 medicated, monitored IUIs with Clomid, hcg trigger, and Endometrin. The third with Letrozole was canceled due to insurance denying the procedure. None resulted in pregnancy. I did 2 antagonist IVF cycles due to my low AMH levels, response rate, and concern over egg quality. The first I took birth control pills followed by Gonal-F, Cetrotide, hcg trigger, and Endometrin. It resulted in 6 egg retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 transfered on day 3, 0 frozen. This cycle did not result in pregnancy. The second I took birth control pills followed by Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, hcg trigger, and Endometrin. It resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized, 1blastocyst transfered on day 5, 0 frozen. I had a live birth of identical twins.
I had little interaction with the nurses [at Fertility Solutions of New England]. Usually only called to speak with them about medication questions or when I started my period so I could begin my protocol...I absolutely loved the clinic and the practice of always seeing a doctor. Many friends went to other clinics and would tell me they always saw a nurse, even for many procedures, rarely ever seeing or speaking to their or another doctor. ALL of my procedures and appointments (minus blood work) were completed by a doctor in the practice. I got to know all of them really well and when my doctor was not on the day of my egg retrievals, I had full confidence in the doctors that were.
Dr. Anania always called herself with results or instructions. Rather than rattle off information, she would relay information and ask if I had questions. When one of my rounds was denied by insurance, she got on the phone and called them herself. She validated my feelings and never brushed me off.
I had little interaction with the nurses. Usually only called to speak with them about medication questions or when I started my period so I could begin my protocol.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Majority of my expenses were covered by health insurance. I paid a specialist copay the day of each IUI and did not pay for any of my IVF. I only paid a copay for medications.
Even though I was in the age range to transfer two embryos (I was just over the age where 2 are recommended), Dr. Anania was clear that her goal was for a single, rather than a multiples pregnancy. We didn't have a choice in the matter only 1 embryo each round made it to transfer.

2011 - 2014, Unknown Success
Dr. Anania was incredibly patient, very detailed in her explanations, and very sympathetic through each of our attempts...We experienced many disappointments, but we struggled on with her [Dr. Carol Anania] and her team's help. My husband and I talked about going to another clinic - and this was even an option discussed by Dr. Anania - after multiple failures, but we trusted FS implicitly and did not feel that anyone could be doing more to help us than they were.
We experienced many disappointments, but we struggled on with her [Dr. Carol Anania] and her team's help. My husband and I talked about going to another clinic - and this was even an option discussed by Dr. Anania - after multiple failures, but we trusted FS [Fertility Solutions of New England] implicitly and did not feel that anyone could be doing more to help us than they were...Their Dedham office is state-of-the-art but very comfortable for patients. It's wonderful that they have satellite offices in other parts of the state (like Woburn) to make regular testing more accessible.
Carol Anania and the entire team at Fertility Solutions were awesome. They go through this day in and day out 365 days per year, but we never felt that way. They treated us individually, took as much time with us as we needed at every visit, and walked us through the process each step of the way. We experienced many disappointments, but we struggled on with her and her team's help. My husband and I talked about going to another clinic - and this was even an option discussed by Dr. Anania - after multiple failures, but we trusted FS implicitly and did not feel that anyone could be doing more to help us than they were.
Be patient. Pray for success the first time, but understand that it may not happen. The doctors try to prepare you for this, but it's hard not to assume that the result of this process will be positive immediately after all you've gone through up to that point.
I don't remember the specifics. I do remember that the steps Dr. Anania took were reasonable and appropriate (and professionally conservative) at each phase.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Our insurance thankfully covered 6 IVF treatments. We paid for one frozen embryo transfer and one donor cycle/transfer. The costs were competitive. They also only charged you for the entire cycle - no nickel and diming you throughout the process, which was very helpful.

2012 - 2014, Successful
She [Dr. Ania Kowalik] was the first dr we met with that didn't give up on us or make us feel as if a family wasn't going to be in our cards. She worked tirelessly for us, and when we received negative results you could tell they effected her almost as much as they did us. But she never stopped trying and was able to give us the family we longed for...She is extremely compassionate, she listens but doesn't sugar coat. She's always the one to call and give your pregnancy test results good or bad, but the one thing she'll never do is give false hope or give up on you
Strengths [of Fertility Solutions of New England] would be physicians, all 3 are very nice and compassionate, the dedham office is very nice and clean, the Woburn office is ok, the staff there is a little all over the place and you can end up waiting quite some time for blood work if they are busy, but for the most part both locations are good (I have never been to the RI location)...Everyone aside from the person that deals w your medical insurance is wonderful. From the reception staff to the nurses during and after transfers, we have not had an issues
Dr Kowalik from day one puts you at ease. She was always very up front about what our issues were but was willing to explore alternative treatments and when those didn't work tried something else. She was the first dr we met with that didn't give up on us or make us feel as if a family wasn't going to be in our cards. She worked tirelessly for us, and when we received negative results you could tell they effected her almost as much as they did us. But she never stopped trying and was able to give us the family we longed for
Have faith. She knows what she's doing, it doesn't always happen on the first try but if your willing to put in the work then so is she. She takes great care of her patients and is a very compassionate person
I honestly don't remember- we've done 10 IVF cycles in total, 6 with Dr Kowalik and I don't remember the protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Strengths would be physicians, all 3 are very nice and compassionate, the dedham office is very nice and clean, the Woburn office is ok, the staff there is a little all over the place and you can end up waiting quite some time for blood work if they are busy, but for the most part both locations are good (I have never been to the RI location)
Thankfully our insurance covered 100% of the retrieval and transfer we were only responsible for co-pays and a % of the medications I do know that they offer payment plans or financing as options When we chose the donor route, that's when unfortunately there are a lot of out of pocket expense. In that instance we had to pay 5,000 to the donor, 500 to the lawyer to sign the paperwork and 10,000 for the testing etc. The other expense is the storage fees, we still have frozen embryos and it's 100 a month to store them
Woburn

Dr. Huang is a very special human and treats every patient in the same manner. She is so empathetic and compassionate. She does her own procedures and is tremendously kind...took great care in connecting with me as a human. She understood my goals and respected my wishes for treatment. Even when I later moved out of state, I was able to rely on her for medical counsel and compassion. She’s a really special medical provider.
The nursing staff at Fertility Solutions is amazing. No matter who I dealt with I got very quick and informative replies and felt no lack of continuity in care. Their compassion is world class...Strengths — treat everyone so personally, doctors perform procedures not technicians. It’s a small operation which I loved, so you will have to go to different locations sometimes but that didn’t bother me. They seemed to have a really easy time dealing with my Health insurance too and didn’t cause any stress on that front.
Dr. Huang took great care in connecting with me as a human. She understood my goals and respected my wishes for treatment. Even when I later moved out of state, I was able to rely on her for medical counsel and compassion. She’s a really special medical provider.
Dr. Huang explains why she recommends each treatment and procedure so even if you don’t think of all your questions she will be super helpful. You can rest assured you will be in great hands.
With Dr. Huang I did unmedicated IUIs at my request and she respected my wishes on that. It felt like a very collaborative approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sue Tilden)
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Almost nothing. My insurance covered over 95% of treatment and meds (other than donor sperm).
I haven’t done any embryo transfers.
Cambridge
Dr. Huang is patient, kind, realistic and empathetic... I appreciate that she takes the time to make personal phone calls, whereas I know other doctors at other clinics do not call their patients directly. She is patient with questions and explains everything in a way that we can understand...Two medicated IUI cycles-...was honest that it was reasonable to give IUI a chance before moving on directly to IVF.
They [nurses at Fertility Solutions of New England] call back EVERY TiME and are always prepared with your notes/files when they call back. They are patient, empathetic and sympathetic when need be...Quick turnaround time to make an appointment. Financial team, nurses and doctors are obviously a cohesive team trying to make things easy for their patients and it shows. Your doctors will perform all IVF related ultrasounds, which also isn't typical at other clinics and in my opinion is a huge relief and benefit to this clinic.
We are still in the middle of treatment between our 1st and 2nd IVF cycles with Dr. Huang. I appreciate that she takes the time to make personal phone calls, whereas I know other doctors at other clinics do not call their patients directly. She is patient with questions and explains everything in a way that we can understand. She is hopeful, empathetic and also realistic in setting expectations.
Try to get an appointment with her!
Dr. Huang is patient, kind, realistic and empathetic.
Two medicated IUI cycles- we tried this before moving onto IVF due to lack of insurance coverage. If we had coverage at the time, I would have rather gone directly to IVF, but Dr. Huang was honest that it was reasonable to give IUI a chance before moving on directly to IVF.
They call back EVERY TiME and are always prepared with your notes/files when they call back. They are patient, empathetic and sympathetic when need be.
Still in progress

2012 - 2016, Successful
Ania Kowalik was open to hearing what treatment we were wanting to pursue and took my health into account. We are carriers of a fatal genetic disease and decided to pursue Embryo Adoption. Dr Kowalik decided to put is on a natural cycle because of no history. The following blood tests and ultrasounds were very easy and accurate. We transfered 2 5 day donor embryos and had a successful transfer.
Our primary nurse [at Fertility Solutions of NE] is so helpful, compassionate, honest, knowledgeable and professional. I couldn't do any of this process with out her. She is very timely with getting necessary information to me.... It was very easy to get in for my initial consult, phone calls are returned in a timely manor, and everyone on staff is very attentive and supportive.
She is warm and friendly, a calm personality. She showed compassion for me and why I was there. She didn't try to waste my time or try to suggest treatments that wouldn't be what we needed. She was open with me and explaining what we needed to do and what to expect. She is available to talk to and happily takes the time to do so.
Take the time to meet with her, you won't regret it
They know me by make and they know our story, what we are seeking Fertility treatments and they really care about it being successful for us not for statistics.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Susan Tilden)
Our primary nurse is so helpful, compassionate, honest, knowledgeable and professional. I couldn't do any of this process with out her. She is very timely with getting necessary information to me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
She based this on the grading of the embryos and decided to do a double embryo transfer.

2011 - 2012, Successful
Pei-Li was the first doctor we interviewed when we started fertility treatment. She spoke to us both in detail and was able to asses how each of us received information. At each visit when my husband was there, she made sure to give him the information first in a way that he clearly understood and processed. She was warm and understanding. She remembers all our conversations and never rushed us out of her office. She was so sensitive and understanding when we realized I was growing an empty sac. She called me at home to check up on me after I had my miscarriage.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Solutions of New England] in Woburn was wonderful. Whichever nurse was there to take my blood was cheerful, talkative and always so sweet. At the Dedham office (where all procedures took place) the nurses were kind, compassionate, gentle and smart! She was warm and understanding. She remembers all our conversations and never rushed us out of her office. She was so sensitive and understanding when we realized I was growing an empty sac. She called me at home to check up on me after I had my miscarriage.
Pei-Li was the first doctor we interviewed when we started fertility treatment. She spoke to us both in detail and was able to asses how each of us received information. At each visit when my husband was there, she made sure to give him the information first in a way that he clearly understood and processed. She answered every single question I ever had, hugged me when I needed it and held my hand through every test, procedure, and ultrasound.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and bring any information you may have collected outside of what she has told you for review.
We started with chlomid. It's protocol and insurance makes you go through steps: Chlomid, a certain amount of rounds of IUI and then you can do IVF. That was our protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
The nursing staff in Woburn was wonderful. Whichever nurse was there to take my blood was cheerful, talkative and always so sweet. At the Dedham office (where all procedures took place) the nurses were kind, compassionate, gentle and smart!
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I love this clinic. I just wish they did the procedures in Woburn, as it is MUCH closer to our home.
We were almost 100% covered by insurance.
Woburn

I really feel like she [Dr. Anania] is committed to having a good outcomes for my husband and I...She takes the time to speak with you and doesnt make you feel rushed. She also takes the time to explain and re-explain issues if they arise. Dr has called me personally a few times to discuss result of blood draw and ultrasound... Instead of rushing into a cycle where my hormones levels weren’t right she recommended I wait and restart cycle. She also remembered I’m a patient that is paying completely out of pocket, I feel like she she actually remembered me as a patient not just a patient ID #.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Solutions of New England] is responsive and compassionate...Not including medication approx $9,500...Clearn, organized with multiple locations throughout the state of Massachusetts which is helpful for the routine lab work and ultrasounds. The staff at check-in at the Woburn locations was nice and pleasant. Medical Assistant Jamie was awesome always with a friendly smile, also gentle with the blood draws!
When I talk with Dr. Anania I feel confident in her plan that she is setting for me. Instead of rushing into a cycle where my hormones levels weren’t right she recommended I wait and restart cycle. She also remembered I’m a patient that is paying completely out of pocket, I feel like she she actually remembered me as a patient not just a patient ID #. I really feel like she is committed to having a good outcomes for my husband and I.
Go prepared with any questions you have for her.
The nursing staff is responsive and compassionate.
Not including medication approx $9,500
2013 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Anaia was always very reasonable in her expectations without overwhelming me with information, but providing me with scientific research that made sense...was always thoughtful, took time to explain things. She never made me feel rushed or that she couldn’t take time to speak with me. She was honest and always made me feel like I could trust her...Nothing was very ot of the ordinary [with my protocol].
It was very easy to go in, sign in and be seen [for monitoring appointments at Fertility Solutions of New England]. When the time was conflicting with my schedule they made adjustments and offered me a different time to come in...This clinic is on the smaller side so it feels very personal. They take a lot of effort to help make things easy as possible for you with appointments etc. All staff knew me and were very helpful and supportive with whatever I needed.
Dr. Anania was always thoughtful, took time to explain things. She never made me feel rushed or that she couldn’t take time to speak with me. She was honest and always made me feel like I could trust her.
I’ve been going for over 4 years and so t remember specific peotocals. Nothing was very ot of the ordinary.
All staff at this clinic I thought felt personally invested in my progress. They were supportive and very caring- from the receptionist to my doctor.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
It was very easy to go in, sign in and be seen. When the time was conflicting with my schedule they made adjustments and offered me a different time to come in. It was very easy!
I was well covered under insurance, but was always advised of upcoming texts that needed to be done before a deadline to meet insurance requirements.