Selling medication is not offered

Providence, RI 02903
12 Alfred Street
Woburn, MA 01801

2018 - 2020, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Carol Anania] would give me ample time during consultation and explain possibilities and probabilities of the treatment cycle...very knowledgeable and always answered my questions...asked for my opinion prior to and post every cycle...I would wish if she was more friendly...I have uterine fibroids that she recommended to be removed. My personal decision was to not remove it before having a first child.
[Fertility Solutions of New England] is a private clinic and you may feel you’re gettin a personalized care...[nurses] are nice and friendly...I could never talk to them directly when I called. I always had to leave a voicemail but they would get back later...The receptionist and the medical assistant were very friendly and caring... IVF cycle was charged $15k and each FET cycle was charged $7k.
How was your experience with Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
She is very knowledgeable and always answered my questions. She always gave me honest feedbacks and asked for my opinion prior to and post every cycle. She is the only RE I have visited, so I do not have comparison. But I would wish if she was more friendly. There is another doctor in the same clinic whom I visited for ultrasounds and who did my first FET and she seems very friendly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
In my opinion, she gives her patient honest feedbacks and she is knowledgeable but it would be nice to show some desperation. Also, I feel like the clinic is expensive than the average cost I find when I do online research. I am thankful that my employer had some coverage to treatment and I was less worried about the cost but it’s good to have an estimate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England?
My Doctor would give me ample time during consultation and explain possibilities and probabilities of the treatment cycle.
Describe the protocols Carol Anania used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
IUI- letrozole and insemination 1 cycle of IVF in 2019- not fully completed as my doctor said I hyper-stimulated. 4 embryos were frozen. 1st FET in 12/2019- started with birth control for 3 weeks, estradiol pills and vaginal progesterone, 1 embryo (Grade 5A) transferred, which failed. 2nd FET 03/2020-started with estradiol pills and progesterone in sesame oil, 1 embryo (4A) transferred, chemical pregnancy with only 13 mIU/mL hcg
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England.
They all are nice and friendly. The only concerned I had was I could never talk to them directly when I called. I always had to leave a voicemail but they would get back later.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
It is a private clinic and you may feel you’re gettin a personalized care. I was referred to this clinic by my acupuncturist and my doctor herself is member of RESOLVE and for that reason I trust her.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Monitoring appointments were good. I visited the clinic in Woburn. The receptionist and the medical assistant were very friendly and caring. My doctors would bd different during monitoring with Dr Carol couple times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Carol Anania at Fertility Solutions of New England.
I think my IUI cycle was around $3k IVF cycle was charged $15k and each FET cycle was charged $7k. I feel like each cycle was a little expensive than average cost.
Describe Carol Anania's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
My doctor always recommended single embryo transfer. She advised me about the complications of having multiple embryo transfer. Also, I have uterine fibroids that she recommended to be removed. My personal decision was to not remove it before having a first child. She let me know my uterus already has some space occupied by fibroids.
Dedham

Dr Kowalik is great with explanations and when you contact her she’s quick to get back to you...is blunt and to the point. We appreciated this. She doesn’t waste any time and responds fully to questions and concerns. We paid completely out of pocket and she had been very understanding of our needs to order/purchase labs elsewhere or working with our OB to get them through our insurance...You won’t be seeing Dr Kowalik specifically for all of your appointments. They let you know this however in advance, it’s not something they try to hide.
Everyone at the clinic is great and so friendly. It’s a little tricky getting a hold of the financial department some times, but beyond that we’ve had a great experience. I would definitely recommend using Fertility Solutions... this is the only clinic we have used but comparing online we felt this clinic was reasonable [when it comes to cost]...You won’t be seeing Dr Kowalik specifically for all of your appointments. They let you know this however in advance, it’s not something they try to hide.
How was your experience with Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Dr Kowalik is blunt and to the point. We appreciated this. She doesn’t waste any time and responds fully to questions and concerns. We paid completely out of pocket and she had been very understanding of our needs to order/purchase labs elsewhere or working with our OB to get them through our insurance.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Describe the protocols Ania Kowalik used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
We are still in treatment and are now moving to medication treatments so I cannot comment on this.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ania Kowalik at Fertility Solutions of New England.
I have nothing to compare it to as this is the only clinic we have used but comparing online we felt this clinic was reasonable.
Dedham

Dr. Huang was very positive and I was really impressed that she was the one to always call with updates and results and not the nurse (although I really liked the nursing staff too). She made time for me and answered all of our questions and really wanted to see us succeed...I started out on birth control to suppress my ovulation. Once the treatment started, due to my good AMH response, we started on an average dose of Gonal F 225u for 8days and due to response turned it down to 150u, 100u and then 75u. I also took 7 doses of Ganirelix 250mcg. For the trigger, I only needed 5000u for Novarel. After Retrieval I took Crinone only as I developed a mild case of OHSS.
So the only negatives I experienced here [Fertility Solutions of New England] were typical with any other clinic. I was billed for a test I didn't take - but that was easy to resolve with the clinic billing coordinator...I think the clinic's strengths are that there are only 3 doctors - I met with each of them at different times and liked them all, although I did prefer Dr. Huang. The staff was also friendly and the office was nice and clean - it was easy to schedule an appointment. Waiting times were also not bad - about 5-10 minutes to be called, and then probably another 5-15 minutes to see the Doctor. The only weaknesses I can think of is just to keep track of your billing and make sure you are appropriately getting charged for procedures/blood draws done on the day of your visit.
How was your experience with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
As a patient I wasn't sure what to expect as this was my first time doing IVF. We chose Fertility Solutions as there were 3 main doctors, were some facilities you could be seeing a number of them. Our consultation was with Dr. Huang, and we saw her the most throughout the process. I really liked her positivity, warmth and I thought should was very straight-forward. She answered all of the questions we had and really wanted to see us succeed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
I think as with any Fertility Doctor, do your research about the processes, and come prepared with questions. She was happy to answer all and any questions, but she and the clinic are very busy and I noticed that if I did not come prepared with questions she assumed I didn't have any and went on her way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Describe the protocols Pei-Li Huang used in your cycles at Fertility Solutions of New England and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Solutions of New England.
I worked primarily with Sue and also Paula a few times - I'd highly recommend the entire staff. Everyone was very nice. I had a lot of questions along the way and communicated with Sue primarily through email and she was always really prompt in answering. The nursing staff during Retrieval was also great, and I felt really relaxed and comfortable the entire time.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Due to Covid, I had to travel to the main office of Dedham for most of my procedures. I think the clinic's strengths are that there are only 3 doctors - I met with each of them at different times and liked them all, although I did prefer Dr. Huang. The staff was also friendly and the office was nice and clean - it was easy to schedule an appointment. Waiting times were also not bad - about 5-10 minutes to be called, and then probably another 5-15 minutes to see the Doctor. The only weaknesses I can think of is just to keep track of your billing and make sure you are appropriately getting charged for procedures/blood draws done on the day of your visit.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pei-Li Huang at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Most of my costs were covered by insurance - although I have a limited number of "cycles" (2). I have a $50 copay and most of the bloodwork, etc was covered at 100%. Surprisingly my Retrieval and Transfer were covered 100% as well. The only thing I paid a lot of money for was the medication. One thing the facility mentioned is that if the medication is charged through insurance, it's much more than paying out of pocket sometimes. I found that was the case and as I had a limit of $10,000 on medication, that soon ran out for 1 cycle. So for some of the medication I paid out of pocket so it wouldn't get whacked against my limit, if that makes sense.
Describe Pei-Li Huang's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Dr. Huang prefers eSET if possible, although I only had 1 embryo to transfer so I did not have to face that decision.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England.
So the only negatives I experienced here were typical with any other clinic. I was billed for a test I didn't take - but that was easy to resolve with the clinic billing coordinator. Also I filled out paperwork to have all my results transferred to my OBGYN, and the paperwork was lost and the results weren't set. An easy fix though to call the office, refill out the form and have them send it again.
Providence

Round 1[with Dr. Pei-Li Huang]: Birth control followed by gonal-f and ganarelex, then trigger shot and PIO. 5 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 blast transferred on day 5, 0 frozen Round 2: Estrace followed by lupron and gonal-f, then trigger shot and PIO. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 0 made to blast/0 transferred/0 frozen Round 3 (in progress): Estrace followed by menopur and gonal-f, then ganarelex, trigger shot, PIO and endometrim inserts.
They [Fertility Solutions of NE- Providence] have multiple offices which is great. They also have early morning appointment times for blood work and ultrasounds, so you don’t have to miss too much work if you have a 9-5 job. Appointments start at 7 am... The intake process for routine monitoring was very smooth. I never had to wait more than 10 minutes, even without an appointment
I had a great experience with Dr. Huang and all the doctors at Fertility Solitions. They are informative, transparent, and easily accessible for questions. Dr. Huang always makes herself available when I need to call her, and she personally delivers the news about how our embryos are developing after retrieval. I have had a great experience with Dr. Huang.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions! Dr. Huang is always happy to explain things.
Dr. Huang is the most caring, personable doctor I’ve seen. She truly cares about her patients and shows empathy and compassion.
Round 1: Birth control followed by gonal-f and ganarelex, then trigger shot and PIO. 5 eggs retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 blast transferred on day 5, 0 frozen Round 2: Estrace followed by lupron and gonal-f, then trigger shot and PIO. 13 eggs retrieved, 10 fertilized, 0 made to blast/0 transferred/0 frozen Round 3 (in progress): Estrace followed by menopur and gonal-f, then ganarelex, trigger shot, PIO and endometrim inserts.
The nurses are so caring, compassionate, and informative. They are always available to answer questions and return phone calls the same day
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
They have multiple offices which is great. They also have early morning appointment times for blood work and ultrasounds, so you don’t have to miss too much work if you have a 9-5 job. Appointments start at 7 am
Deductibles and co-pays for appointments and medications
Dr. Huang prefers single embryo transfer
Providence

She [Dr. Pei-Li Huang] is very communicative and kind. She can be blunt, but I appreciated her practical approach. She is also kind and responsive to anxiety and the stress of the process. I did find her to be a little bit clinical at times but most doctors are.... For medicated IUI cycles she recommended letrozole rather than clomid due to lining issues and also a reduced chance of multiples. They do blood work and ultrasound monitoring with all medicated cycles.
The clinic [Fertility Solutions of NE] is a bit smaller than some others in the area, which I like because it feels more intimate and less assembly-line. The multiple locations are very helpful for scheduling monitoring close to home. We didn’t realize procedures (IUI and IVF) were all done in Needham at first, but it ended up not being a big deal. I am glad they have on-call doctors around on the weekend because we had to do our first IUI on a Sunday morning! The office is very clean and relaxing.
She is very communicative and kind. She can be blunt, but I appreciated her practical approach. She is also kind and responsive to anxiety and the stress of the process. I did find her to be a little bit clinical at times but most doctors are.
Advocate for yourself. She is great about answering questions so don’t be afraid to be annoying by reaching out so you feel comfortable.
She was very attentive to our specific situation and needs. I appreciated that she responded directly to my questions with a returned phone call rather than communicating through the nurse. She was willing to answer lots of questions which I found helpful.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Erin)
They were very kind during failed cycles when I was upset. Flexible with scheduling and very positive about our prospects without being annoying. I felt very comfortable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The clinic is a bit smaller than some others in the area, which I like because it feels more intimate and less assembly-line. The multiple locations are very helpful for scheduling monitoring close to home. We didn’t realize procedures (IUI and IVF) were all done in Needham at first, but it ended up not being a big deal. I am glad they have on-call doctors around on the weekend because we had to do our first IUI on a Sunday morning! The office is very clean and relaxing.
Unmonitored/unmedicated IUI was $475 out of pocket. Medicated/monitored IUI was $1,000 out of pocket, which included all monitoring appointments. Medication was billed separately through the pharmacy. They are very transparent about pricing.
Providence

Even though Dr. Kowalik was "my" doctor, I met all the other doctors too- Dr. Anania once for monitoring, and it was actually Dr. Huang who did my retrieval AND my FET, just for scheduling reasons. I am obviously thrilled with my results, and highly recommend Dr. Kowalik and all the other partners at Fertility Solutions...My workup was negative so it was felt my diagnosis was likely age-related poor egg quality, and she recommended IVF with PGS testing. I ended up with one normal embryo (out of 3 that were tested, from 8 eggs harvested) which we transferred, and I am currently 12w pregnant!...
My only complaint is that my clinic (providence) was a satellite office, and wasn't as full-featured as the main office in Dedham. I did have to travel to Dedham for procedures and on times (weekends etc) that the satellites weren't open. So it was very convenient to have easier access to a satellite office- but it would have been great to just have everything at Dedham. I'm not sure that I understood at my first appointment that not everything could be done in Providence. This isn't a bad thing- just something to be aware of...
I am a success story! I am 40 and had 3 miscarriages in a year, after one previous successful (natural) pregnancy so I came for eval. My workup was negative so it was felt my diagnosis was likely age-related poor egg quality, and she recommended IVF with PGS testing. I ended up with one normal embryo (out of 3 that were tested, from 8 eggs harvested) which we transferred, and I am currently 12w pregnant! I am very very fortunate to have been successful with my first cycle, but it also means my ability to review is more limited than someone who has had multiple cycles. Even though Dr. Kowalik was "my" doctor, I met all the other doctors too- Dr. Anania once for monitoring, and it was actually Dr. Huang who did my retrieval AND my FET, just for scheduling reasons. I am obviously thrilled with my results, and highly recommend Dr. Kowalik and all the other partners at Fertility Solutions.
Sometimes too much information is not a good thing- so try to put your own "reasearch" aside and trust her!!
I felt like my treatment protocol was tailored to my specific case and was not just one-size-fits-all
Since I am older and at lower risk of OHSS I was on high dose follistim. I don't know the name of the protocol but for my retrieval cycle I started with OCPs then 450 follistim with ganirelix added towards the end, and an HCG trigger. We did ICSI and grew the embryos to day 5/6 before freezing for PGS. After PGS I did a medicated FET cycle (oral estrogen and IM progesterone) and transferred one (the only) normal embryo. I appreciated that I was not on as many meds as it seems a lot of people are (menopur, lupron, antibiotics, steroids...)
I only met nurses briefly at my procedures- most of my contact with them was over the phone and through messages on the portal. Everyone was great- but I don't really know who I dealt with.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Fortunately my insurance covers IVF- the only thing I had to pay for out of pocket was the PGS testing
Providence

Dr. Kowalik was wonderful from the first time we sat down with her. She was very kind, empathetic and gave us hope. I had a lot of fear about pursuing fertility treatments, but she made sure we addressed them together before we got started. I appreciated that she took the time to make sure I knew what was happening before we moved forward...I can be a bit hysterical/irrational sometimes and I think Dr. Kowalik sometimes might have thought I was a bit looney, but she was never anything less than empathetic, supportive and kind to me...
I can be a bit hysterical/irrational sometimes and I think Dr. Kowalik sometimes might have thought I was a bit looney, but she was never anything less than empathetic, supportive and kind to me. I think she is just a very rational, intelligent, straight-forward person, and thank goodness for it! She is a good mix of empathetic, hopeful and straightforward.
I was pretty upset after having suffered from infertility for a number of years and it was affecting my mental health. I was very afraid to pursue fertility treatments because I knew it could be a long, difficult journey, but I magically had some insurance coverage for it that year and was at my wits end trying it naturally. The first thing Dr. Kowalik did was sit down and go over each and every fear my husband and I had. I was always treated with empathy and respect, from every person I dealt with at the clinic.
We started with an IUI, with clomid (if I remember correctly). Because I had been trying naturally for 3.5 years and was at my wits end, and because of possible endometriosis we both decided to go ahead with IVF for the next cycle. I was ovulating regularly so I think they started me on a low dose of the fertility meds. I know I was given birth control pills to control/suppress ovulation until they were ready, then used a Gonal-F pen to stimulate egg production, then cetrotide to stall it for a bit (I think?). All the while they were measuring my blood hormones and checking with ultrasound every few days to see the eggs developing in the follicles. Once they were developed and I was almost ready to ovulate, I gave myself a trigger shot, so they knew that the next day they could retrieve the eggs. They got 7 eggs out, 5 were mature and 5 made it to day 5 when I had my embryo transfer where they transferred one which implanted! I had a positive pregnancy test result 10 days later and continued taking endometrium (a progesterone supplement) for a few more weeks.
I was so nervous about my egg retrieval and embryo transfer, but Dr. Huang and the nursing staff at the clinic in Dedham (where these procedures are performed) could not have been kinder or more supportive. They were very patient and made sure I understood exactly what would happen and how to take care of myself afterwards. I am such a hippie and was sad to be needing medical intervention to get pregnant, but they were so great that the process still seemed very personal and meaningful and special - plus it's really cool science and I'm endlessly grateful it exists.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I can tell that Fertility Solutions of New England has put a lot of thought into making fertility treatments as affordable and convenient as possible without sacrificing personal service or quality of care. I was so grateful to be able to visit my local clinic and see my own doctor for most of my visits. I would get blood drawn on my way into work and barely missed any time. The Dedham office where the major procedures are done, was beautiful and calming. There were times I did feel a bit confused about what was expected of me during my IVF cycle, but only because the drugs and treatments were new to me and I tend to get overwhelmed following directions sometimes. But help was always a phone call or message away. They try to make it as easy as possible for you, posting your instructions on the online portal and it wasn't hard to get the hang of things. Again, I was lucky because things worked quickly, but I really can't say enough about how wonderfully I was treated.
I know I am incredibly, incredibly lucky and I feel awful that this isn't the case for more people suffering from infertility, but my care was covered almost 100% by my state employer. I am now getting some bills (months after the procedure as it gets worked out with my insurance) so I think in the end I will end up paying almost $1000.00 total which I know is nothing. I wouldn't have been able to afford treatment otherwise and I can't imagine how awful that feels.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
There was just one minor error where I didn't have a blood draw scheduled when I had been told to go in and get it done (it might have accidentally been scheduled at another location, or it could've been my error). But the amazing nurse at the Providence clinic, Katrina fixed it quickly and I only had a wait a few extra minutes while she confirmed.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Kowalik was understanding of my unique situation, while also making me see the needs on her end for us to achieve pregnancy. She also is good at communication and quick to respond to my questions...We're just starting our first cycle of IUI, but we're currently doing monitored ovulation with clomid..
I've only recently started treatment, but so far, I feel that everyone in the [Fertility Solutions of NE] clinic is good at their job and has been pleasant to deal with. Strengths are communication and availability...We have a military discount, but right now we're doing IUI for $320...Every time I've called the nursing line, I've gotten called back quickly and with very helpful communication.
So far, I have felt very taken care of by Dr. Kowalik. We are still early in treatment, but so far, she's given me no reason to question her knowledge or abilities. We've had a few telehealth appointments that were great. We've only had one in person, which seemed a little rushed, but she was able to answer my questions when I probed her for a more information.
Make sure to ask your questions because she may assume you know more than you do.
Every nurse I've encountered has been amazing. The in-person nurse in Providence is great! I had a tough time physically after an ultrasound and she really took care of me until I felt better. Every time I've called the nursing line, I've gotten called back quickly and with very helpful communication.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I've only recently started treatment, but so far, I feel that everyone in the clinic is good at their job and has been pleasant to deal with. Strengths are communication and availability. Honestly, I haven't found any weaknesses yet!
We have a military discount, but right now we're doing IUI for $320. Our semen analysis was around $100. Everything else has been a co-pay through insurance.
Describe Ania Kowalik's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Solutions of New England.
Providence
As stated I saw her [Dr. Pei-Li Huang] through the VA. Initially to inquire on a vasectomy reversal. She examined me on first appt and said I was a good canidate. It had been 28 years since my vasectomy and she explained the procedures and the possibility that it may not be succesfull... She scheduled my reversal surgery after initial exam. Surgery was intense procedure due to the time time since vasectomy. Surgery was 50% successful as one side had too much scar tissue
The VA is a tremendous organization that helps so many vets. With that said, the amount of patients they see causes a delay in timely appointments. At her office in Providence [Fertility Solutions of NE], I did 4 seamen analysis and they staff was kind and helpful... She scheduled my reversal surgery after initial exam. Surgery was intense procedure due to the time time since vasectomy. Surgery was 50% successful as one side had too much scar tissue
As stated I saw her through the VA. Initially to inquire on a vasectomy reversal. She examined me on first appt and said I was a good canidate. It had been 28 years since my vasectomy and she explained the procedures and the possibility that it may not be succesfull
Be honest with her and trust her medical experience
I saw Dr Huang through the VA. Went tyo her originally to inquire on vasectomy reversal and if the VA covered the procedure. They did and based on a exam I was qualified
Helpful but overwhelmed at the VA
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The VA is a tremendous organization that helps so many vets. With that said, the amount of patients they see causes a delay in timely appointments. At her office in Providence, I did 4 seamen analysis and they staff was kind and helpful
Fortunately being a vet, my costs were minimle.
I do not

2020 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr Anania is very fact and researched based when discussing treatment approaches and treatment outcomes, however, she always brings everything back down to the patient level (i.e: explaining how treatments can work for the individual patient)...She responds to all emails within 1 day. I find her compassionate but she does not sugar coat expecations, which appreciate...did not recommend multiple embryo transfer, due to my age. We did one fresh transfer and then have tested the rest of our embroys via PGT...
I would consider Fertility Solutions a boutique fertility clinic, meaning it is not very big and is overall, very personable. The clinic is comprised of an all female medical team, which I really enjoy. The downside of smaller team is that they do not do any monitoring or procedures on Sundays...The nursing staff is phenomenal. They are excellent at communication- all emails and phone calls are answered the same day, with the exception of Sundays. They are also very compassionate and personable...
In my experience, Dr Anania takes her time to answer all of my and my husband's questions during our appointments. She responds to all emails within 1 day. I find her compassionate but she does not sugar coat expecations, which appreciate. When faced with a potential insurance denial, Dr Anania went above and beyond doing research for my situation and performed extra tests to submit to the insurane company to appeal the denial (I failed the clomid challenge test and thanks to her research and extra testing, insurance covered my next round of IVF despite failing the clomid challenge test).
She is very middle of the road with her bedside manner. She uses research to make recommdendations, she is straightforward, does not sugar coat things, but is able to express compassion for her patients
I began IVF using an antagonist approach, since this is one of the most aggresive treatment approaches given my age, AMH and other factors. We also trialed a flare cycle for my second round of IVF, however, I had poor response to that approach. For my 3rd and 4th rounds we went back to an antagonist cylce using menopur. All of my antagonist cylces yielded 3-4 embroys which we used for PGT.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Fortunately, most of my fertility treatment has been covered by insurance. I have paid out of pocket for PGT which is around $2500 for each round.
My doctor did not recommend multiple embryo transfer, due to my age. We did one fresh transfer and then have tested the rest of our embroys via PGT.
Woburn

Dr. Anania clearly explained our course of treatment. She also explained why she changed medication orders when my estrogen was very high at egg retrieval. She tempered expectations with caution, which I appreciated, but was still upbeat when we only had two eggs grow to embryo stage...I did ask about single vs. multiple, and Dr. Anania assured me it would be only one embryo implanted at a time
I primarily communicated with [our nurse] on the web portal. She was incredibly quick to reply to my questions...Fertility Solutions does a great job making you feel comfortable and guiding you through a somewhat complicated protocol. I found everyone I talked to was friendly, understanding, proficient, and focused on my care. Scheduling was easy and I was able to get appointments before work. We had a relatively easy time of it, so I don’t have a great picture of how they deal with more complicated cases, but they communicated well and were a pleasure to work with
Dr. Anania was knowledgeable, kind, and available. It was a pleasure to work with her and her staff. Even though I only did one round of IVF at the clinic, I saw her quite a bit, for my ultrasounds, and my two procedures. Dr. Anania clearly explained our course of treatment. She also explained why she changed medication orders when my estrogen was very high at egg retrieval. She tempered expectations with caution, which I appreciated, but was still upbeat when we only had two eggs grow to embryo stage.
Make sure you understand the treatment protocol and why it has been chosen for you.
Fertility solutions is lovely to work with, particularly after my terrible experience with my first fertility clinic. The staff was friendly, recognized me when I came in the door, and was readily available via the web portal and the nurses line. The secretary in the Woburn office even made it a special point to remember the correct pronunciation of my last name. It was so refreshing to be treated like a human being.
We did one round of IVF. I started with a month of birth control, then began daily injections of gonal f 3 days into my cycle. After 5 days, cetrotide was added. I triggered with lupron. After egg retrieval, I started on twice daily estrace and three time daily progesterone suppositories. I had a mild allergic reaction to the suppositories so after my positive pregnancy test they switched me to once daily intramuscular progesterone shots.
I primarily communicated with Sue on the web portal. She was incredibly quick to reply to my questions. I’ve also spoken with Krissi on the phone who is nice but matter of fact. She left a message telling me my blood results came back positive in the most normal tone of voice, that it took me halfway through the message to realize she was telling me I was pregnant. The nurses I met in person at my egg retrieval and implantation were kind, knowledgeable, helpful, and friendly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Fertility Solutions does a great job making you feel comfortable and guiding you through a somewhat complicated protocol. I found everyone I talked to was friendly, understanding, proficient, and focused on my care. Scheduling was easy and I was able to get appointments before work. We had a relatively easy time of it, so I don’t have a great picture of how they deal with more complicated cases, but they communicated well and were a pleasure to work with. The one issue I had was dealt with promptly and professionally.
We had already met our deductible by the time we started at Fertility Solutions, so I paid a total of $45 for the egg retrieval (to this point). I paid almost $1000 in copays and out of pocket costs for medications.
I did ask about single vs. multiple, and Dr. Anania assured me it would be only one embryo implanted at a time. My husband is a twin and wanted twins but I was told this was quite dangerous and current methods with one embryo have shown very good results. (Lucky for me I had an excuse not to have twins!)
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
The nurse who sent me my Lupron trigger information accidentally gave me the wrong instruction sheet which was for long term lupron use, so the dosage was different than my other instructions. I didn’t notice until after 5pm, but I left a message with the answering service and Dr. Kowalik called me within 15 minutes. She told me which instructions were correct and changed out the instruction sheet on my web portal.
Woburn

I have unexplained fertility so I'm pretty sure I was a textbook case of moving along from timed intercourse, to IUI, to IVF. She [Dr. Kowalik] did suggest around 3-4 IUIs but I was not ready to move on emotionally, and she had no problem continuing them. My IVF protocol was a standard antagonist approach and it was adjusted as the monitoring was completed. Now that things still aren't working, I am hoping for a bit of a more individualized approach.
I don't mind that I see the other doctors for procedures [at Fertility Solutions of New England] since I like the other doctors as well...Sometimes I do feel like I'm in a bit of a factory but at the same time, they are also seeing a ton of cases to get experience from...I like the nursing staff, they are usually pretty communicative and reply to messages relatively quickly. They are nice and understanding...Work with larger labs that have experience in new research. Weakness- Sometimes feels like a bit of a factory. Get annoyed that I can't ever call and speak to someone right away. Have to leave a voicemail and get a call back.
I like Dr. Kowalik. I don't mind that I see the other doctors for procedures since I like the other doctors as well. I find that she's mostly on top of things and is understanding. I do feel that she has my best interest at heart. Sometimes I do feel like I'm in a bit of a factory but at the same time, they are also seeing a ton of cases to get experience from.
Be an advocate for yourself and do the research.
She is very candid and understanding when you get a chance to talk. I found the sit down consultations better than phone calls where it was a bit rushed.
I have unexplained fertility so I'm pretty sure I was a textbook case of moving along from timed intercourse, to IUI, to IVF. She did suggest around 3-4 IUIs but I was not ready to move on emotionally, and she had no problem continuing them. My IVF protocol was a standard antagonist approach and it was adjusted as the monitoring was completed. Now that things still aren't working, I am hoping for a bit of a more individualized approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Strengths- See a lot of cases to gain experience from. All of the doctors are great. Work with larger labs that have experience in new research. Weakness- Sometimes feels like a bit of a factory. Get annoyed that I can't ever call and speak to someone right away. Have to leave a voicemail and get a call back.
Mostly everything has been covered by insurance.
Woburn

She[Dr. Anania] throws a lot of information at you in the first meeting and it can be overwhelming. Since i'd been TTC for the past year I was familiar with much of the terminology and testing she referred to. If this is your first step on your fertility journey then do some research beforehand...From the moment she enters the waiting room, when she warmly greets all those waiting to her phone call follow ups when things are confusing I feel like she sees me as a human and not a number.
Weaknesses [at Fertility Solutions of New England]-Testing and ultrasounds are not available before 7:30am. At first I thought this was a great time but I recently found out that other centers in the area open at 6am...Strengths-Great staff, Woburn location is easy to access from highway and plenty of parking, the portal is great for communcating with nurses and doctors and viewing test results, test results are available within a few hours and if something is not as expected then I receive a call from the nurse or doctor, depending on who I met with that day. I like that they are proactive in calling me about next steps after a negative pregnancy test; it gives me something to focus on.
I was referred to Doctor Anania after 3 unsuccessful unmonitored/unmedicated IUI's using a local midwife. From the first visit she took a great deal of time to explain all the options and then asked me questions to help me make the best decision for me. Whenever I have a question or concern I have gotten an answer and she also explains things to me so I understand what is going on.
She throws a lot of information at you in the first meeting and it can be overwhelming. Since i'd been TTC for the past year I was familiar with much of the terminology and testing she referred to. If this is your first step on your fertility journey then do some research beforehand.
Baseline testing Cycle 1-monitored cycle with Ovidrel trigger; negative pregnancy test Cycle 2-monitored cycle with Clomid, was surging when I went for my midcycle and ultrasound so no trigger, Endometrin, negative pregnancy test Cycle 3-monitored cycle showed ovarian cyst producing hormones so cancelled Cycle 4-monitored cycle with Clomid, Ovidrel trigger; endometrin, currently in TWW
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Erin )
Every member of the nursing staff has been amazing! Erin is a great resource and I feel like I can always ask her questions no matter how silly they may sound. I mainly see Jamie because she is on duty for morning ultrasounds and bloodwork, and she is always welcoming and considerate despite the early hour. Sandra has also been great answering questions thru the portal.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Strengths-Great staff, Woburn location is easy to access from highway and plenty of parking, the portal is great for communcating with nurses and doctors and viewing test results, test results are available within a few hours and if something is not as expected then I receive a call from the nurse or doctor, depending on who I met with that day. I like that they are proactive in calling me about next steps after a negative pregnancy test; it gives me something to focus on. Weaknesses-Testing and ultrasounds are not available before 7:30am. At first I thought this was a great time but I recently found out that other centers in the area open at 6am.
PCP referral so no cost for initial appointments Insurance covered all testing, some co-pays for advanced testing 3 IUI monitored cycles with Clomid $2500 (buy 2 get one free LOL!) Clomid, Ovidrel, Endometrin-Insurance covered, co-pays under $50 per med.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
The nurse had called about coming in for a pre-Clomid ultrasound along with my bloodwork. When I got there the ultrasound wasn't scheduled. However, they were able to access the portal and I got the ultrasound on the spot. I was impressed they were able to make this all happen so quickly.
Woburn

Dr. Anania was wonderful to work with. She had a great bedside manner. She delivered difficult news in a kind and respectful manner. After insurance denied a procedure, she called them herself to fight their decision on our behalf. Dr. Anania was always available by telephone whenever we needed to speak with her...She validated my feelings and never brushed me off...I did 2 medicated, monitored IUIs with Clomid, hcg trigger, and Endometrin. The third with Letrozole was canceled due to insurance denying the procedure. None resulted in pregnancy. I did 2 antagonist IVF cycles due to my low AMH levels, response rate, and concern over egg quality. The first I took birth control pills followed by Gonal-F, Cetrotide, hcg trigger, and Endometrin. It resulted in 6 egg retrieved, 5 fertilized, 1 transfered on day 3, 0 frozen. This cycle did not result in pregnancy. The second I took birth control pills followed by Gonal-F, Menopur, Cetrotide, hcg trigger, and Endometrin. It resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, 8 fertilized, 1blastocyst transfered on day 5, 0 frozen. I had a live birth of identical twins.
I had little interaction with the nurses [at Fertility Solutions of New England]. Usually only called to speak with them about medication questions or when I started my period so I could begin my protocol...I absolutely loved the clinic and the practice of always seeing a doctor. Many friends went to other clinics and would tell me they always saw a nurse, even for many procedures, rarely ever seeing or speaking to their or another doctor. ALL of my procedures and appointments (minus blood work) were completed by a doctor in the practice. I got to know all of them really well and when my doctor was not on the day of my egg retrievals, I had full confidence in the doctors that were.
Dr. Anania always called herself with results or instructions. Rather than rattle off information, she would relay information and ask if I had questions. When one of my rounds was denied by insurance, she got on the phone and called them herself. She validated my feelings and never brushed me off.
I had little interaction with the nurses. Usually only called to speak with them about medication questions or when I started my period so I could begin my protocol.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Majority of my expenses were covered by health insurance. I paid a specialist copay the day of each IUI and did not pay for any of my IVF. I only paid a copay for medications.
Even though I was in the age range to transfer two embryos (I was just over the age where 2 are recommended), Dr. Anania was clear that her goal was for a single, rather than a multiples pregnancy. We didn't have a choice in the matter only 1 embryo each round made it to transfer.

2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
She's a wonderful dr, intelligent, well-researched, very open-minded, compassionate and warm bedside manner. She [Dr Kowalik] communicates well and is open-minded to less conventional treatments, like immunological treatments. She was on top of the latest research and is thorough with diagnostics. She went above and beyond to help us reach the most success we've had so far.
The clinic [Fertility Solutions of New England] is on the smaller side compared to others in the area, but with very personalized treatment and monitoring is done by doctors, not just ultrasound techs or nurses. Fairly good lab and wonderful treatment from the entire staff.
She's a wonderful dr, intelligent, well-researched, very open-minded, compassionate and warm bedside manner. She communicates well and is open-minded to less conventional treatments, like immunological treatments. She was on top of the latest research and is thorough with diagnostics. She went above and beyond to help us reach the most success we've had so far.
Take advantage of her thorough knowledge on latest research in infertility.
She took time to really listen to patients and address concerns and explain at complicated matters at a level we could understand. She was very compassionate and very much cared about her patients.
She based the protocols on what worked previously and tweaked as necessary from there, but also incorporated findings from latest research into consideration for how to proceed as well. She was open to treatment recommendations from the reproductive immunologist we were also working with and modified our protocol to accommodate them. Between the immunology protocol and a very competent IVF/FET protocol, we were able to get pregnant 3 out of 4 cycles (had almost all negatives at prior clinics) and reached 2nd trimester for the first time in our on-going pregnancy.
Nursing staff was wonderful, prompt to answer questions, send in prescription orders, help with insurance as necessary. They went above and beyond to accommodate extra testing we needed for our reproductive immunologist. They were very compassionate and incredibly supportive.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
The clinic is on the smaller side compared to others in the area, but with very personalized treatment and monitoring is done by doctors, not just ultrasound techs or nurses. Fairly good lab and wonderful treatment from the entire staff.

2012 - 2014, Successful
She [Dr. Ania Kowalik] was the first dr we met with that didn't give up on us or make us feel as if a family wasn't going to be in our cards. She worked tirelessly for us, and when we received negative results you could tell they effected her almost as much as they did us. But she never stopped trying and was able to give us the family we longed for...She is extremely compassionate, she listens but doesn't sugar coat. She's always the one to call and give your pregnancy test results good or bad, but the one thing she'll never do is give false hope or give up on you
Strengths [of Fertility Solutions of New England] would be physicians, all 3 are very nice and compassionate, the dedham office is very nice and clean, the Woburn office is ok, the staff there is a little all over the place and you can end up waiting quite some time for blood work if they are busy, but for the most part both locations are good (I have never been to the RI location)...Everyone aside from the person that deals w your medical insurance is wonderful. From the reception staff to the nurses during and after transfers, we have not had an issues
Dr Kowalik from day one puts you at ease. She was always very up front about what our issues were but was willing to explore alternative treatments and when those didn't work tried something else. She was the first dr we met with that didn't give up on us or make us feel as if a family wasn't going to be in our cards. She worked tirelessly for us, and when we received negative results you could tell they effected her almost as much as they did us. But she never stopped trying and was able to give us the family we longed for
Have faith. She knows what she's doing, it doesn't always happen on the first try but if your willing to put in the work then so is she. She takes great care of her patients and is a very compassionate person
I honestly don't remember- we've done 10 IVF cycles in total, 6 with Dr Kowalik and I don't remember the protocol
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sue)
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Strengths would be physicians, all 3 are very nice and compassionate, the dedham office is very nice and clean, the Woburn office is ok, the staff there is a little all over the place and you can end up waiting quite some time for blood work if they are busy, but for the most part both locations are good (I have never been to the RI location)
Thankfully our insurance covered 100% of the retrieval and transfer we were only responsible for co-pays and a % of the medications I do know that they offer payment plans or financing as options When we chose the donor route, that's when unfortunately there are a lot of out of pocket expense. In that instance we had to pay 5,000 to the donor, 500 to the lawyer to sign the paperwork and 10,000 for the testing etc. The other expense is the storage fees, we still have frozen embryos and it's 100 a month to store them

2011 - 2014, Unknown Success
Dr. Anania was incredibly patient, very detailed in her explanations, and very sympathetic through each of our attempts...We experienced many disappointments, but we struggled on with her [Dr. Carol Anania] and her team's help. My husband and I talked about going to another clinic - and this was even an option discussed by Dr. Anania - after multiple failures, but we trusted FS implicitly and did not feel that anyone could be doing more to help us than they were.
We experienced many disappointments, but we struggled on with her [Dr. Carol Anania] and her team's help. My husband and I talked about going to another clinic - and this was even an option discussed by Dr. Anania - after multiple failures, but we trusted FS [Fertility Solutions of New England] implicitly and did not feel that anyone could be doing more to help us than they were...Their Dedham office is state-of-the-art but very comfortable for patients. It's wonderful that they have satellite offices in other parts of the state (like Woburn) to make regular testing more accessible.
Carol Anania and the entire team at Fertility Solutions were awesome. They go through this day in and day out 365 days per year, but we never felt that way. They treated us individually, took as much time with us as we needed at every visit, and walked us through the process each step of the way. We experienced many disappointments, but we struggled on with her and her team's help. My husband and I talked about going to another clinic - and this was even an option discussed by Dr. Anania - after multiple failures, but we trusted FS implicitly and did not feel that anyone could be doing more to help us than they were.
Be patient. Pray for success the first time, but understand that it may not happen. The doctors try to prepare you for this, but it's hard not to assume that the result of this process will be positive immediately after all you've gone through up to that point.
I don't remember the specifics. I do remember that the steps Dr. Anania took were reasonable and appropriate (and professionally conservative) at each phase.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Our insurance thankfully covered 6 IVF treatments. We paid for one frozen embryo transfer and one donor cycle/transfer. The costs were competitive. They also only charged you for the entire cycle - no nickel and diming you throughout the process, which was very helpful.

2011 - 2012, Successful
Pei-Li was the first doctor we interviewed when we started fertility treatment. She spoke to us both in detail and was able to asses how each of us received information. At each visit when my husband was there, she made sure to give him the information first in a way that he clearly understood and processed. She was warm and understanding. She remembers all our conversations and never rushed us out of her office. She was so sensitive and understanding when we realized I was growing an empty sac. She called me at home to check up on me after I had my miscarriage.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Solutions of New England] in Woburn was wonderful. Whichever nurse was there to take my blood was cheerful, talkative and always so sweet. At the Dedham office (where all procedures took place) the nurses were kind, compassionate, gentle and smart! She was warm and understanding. She remembers all our conversations and never rushed us out of her office. She was so sensitive and understanding when we realized I was growing an empty sac. She called me at home to check up on me after I had my miscarriage.
Pei-Li was the first doctor we interviewed when we started fertility treatment. She spoke to us both in detail and was able to asses how each of us received information. At each visit when my husband was there, she made sure to give him the information first in a way that he clearly understood and processed. She answered every single question I ever had, hugged me when I needed it and held my hand through every test, procedure, and ultrasound.
Don't be afraid to ask questions and bring any information you may have collected outside of what she has told you for review.
We started with chlomid. It's protocol and insurance makes you go through steps: Chlomid, a certain amount of rounds of IUI and then you can do IVF. That was our protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sandra)
The nursing staff in Woburn was wonderful. Whichever nurse was there to take my blood was cheerful, talkative and always so sweet. At the Dedham office (where all procedures took place) the nurses were kind, compassionate, gentle and smart!
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I love this clinic. I just wish they did the procedures in Woburn, as it is MUCH closer to our home.
We were almost 100% covered by insurance.
Woburn

I really feel like she [Dr. Anania] is committed to having a good outcomes for my husband and I...She takes the time to speak with you and doesnt make you feel rushed. She also takes the time to explain and re-explain issues if they arise. Dr has called me personally a few times to discuss result of blood draw and ultrasound... Instead of rushing into a cycle where my hormones levels weren’t right she recommended I wait and restart cycle. She also remembered I’m a patient that is paying completely out of pocket, I feel like she she actually remembered me as a patient not just a patient ID #.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Solutions of New England] is responsive and compassionate...Not including medication approx $9,500...Clearn, organized with multiple locations throughout the state of Massachusetts which is helpful for the routine lab work and ultrasounds. The staff at check-in at the Woburn locations was nice and pleasant. Medical Assistant Jamie was awesome always with a friendly smile, also gentle with the blood draws!
When I talk with Dr. Anania I feel confident in her plan that she is setting for me. Instead of rushing into a cycle where my hormones levels weren’t right she recommended I wait and restart cycle. She also remembered I’m a patient that is paying completely out of pocket, I feel like she she actually remembered me as a patient not just a patient ID #. I really feel like she is committed to having a good outcomes for my husband and I.
Go prepared with any questions you have for her.
The nursing staff is responsive and compassionate.
Not including medication approx $9,500

2013 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Kowalik is an exceptional doctor, with a true understanding of just how emotional and scary the process of infertility can be. She never gave up on my dream to become a mother, even when I was having doubts, she knew we should push on. Her sensitivity to my needs as a patient were incomparable to any other doctors I've seen.... In an effort to see if my uterus lining progressed with my cycle as it should, Dr. Kowalik did 3 mock cycles with me, which she would build up my lining then take a sample to see if it was measuring as it should be at a specific point in time.
[A nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England had] Absolute compassion and transparency in the process/results.... In an effort to see if my uterus lining progressed with my cycle as it should, Dr. Kowalik did 3 mock cycles with me, which she would build up my lining then take a sample to see if it was measuring as it should be at a specific point in time.
She will truly take care of you and strive for success in your journey to become a parent!
She never had to look back to review my file and remember who I was, she was truly invested in finding a cause for my infertility
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sue and Sandra)
Absolute compassion and transparency in the process/results.
Clean and comfortable
Dr. Kowalik prefers to limit the number of embryos transferred to 2 at a time. However, after my many unsuccessful attempts, she agreed to let me transfer my 3 remaining embryos at once during my last cycle.

2013 - 2016, Successful
I think as I saw her [Ania Kowalik] more often she became warmer and had better beside manner, she was more invested in me. I think she is extremely well informed and I feel like I am in good hands as her patient... She was always on the more cautious side, she doesn't believe in putting two embryos in unless there is a medical reason for it. she monitors everything very closely
All the procedures [at Fertility Solutions of New England] take place in Dedham, it is hard living in the northshore. i didn't realize before selecting a clinic that I would have to travel so far far away...The whole team there as been extremely helpful with answering questions and walking me through every step of the way. They are extremely invested in me as a patient and trying to get the results I desire. When the tests have been negative or when I had my miscarriage I felt like she showed empathy and cared about me as a patient.
I think as I saw her more often she became warmer and had better beside manner, she was more invested in me. I think she is extremely well informed and I feel like I am in good hands as her patient.
develop a relationship, ask questions and let her feel invested in you as a patient
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Solutions of New England. (Assigned nurse: Sandra and or Sue )
Always good communication and answered all my questions. Even shared some of their own fertility struggles with me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
All the procedures take place in Dedham, it is hard living in the northshore. i didn't realize before selecting a clinic that I would have to travel so far far away.
it was covered by my insurance and I had to pay around $1300 for medication
2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Dr Anania was caring and knowledable. She made you feel like a valued patient...We do the antagonist pritucol twice and long Lupron once. I responded much better to antagonist. I believe bcp and long Lupron over suppressed me. I asked Dr Anania to prescribe hgh in hopes that it would improve my egg quality and she agreed. That cycle gave me the best embryos....After 3 cycles there, without any answers as to what could be wrong besides embryo quality
This is a small clinic [Fertility Solutions] in comparison to some bigger clinics. It is an all female physician team and the drs do all the ultrasounds. Each patient has an online patient portal and you can access everything about your cycle there, in real time...After 3 cycles there, without any answers as to what could be wrong besides embryo quality- I decided to go to a reproductive immunologist in Long Island . I did my monitoring at Fertility solutions, and they'd often need a reminder to fax the results to my dr
Dr Anania was caring and knowledable. She made you feel like a valued patient. I liked the small scale of the clinic, in comparison to the larger clinics. While China taking there it felt like everyone knew who I was, and that was important to me.
Get a clear diagnosis and ask as many questions as you need to
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
This is a small clinic in comparison to some bigger clinics. It is an all female physician team and the drs do all the ultrasounds. Each patient has an online patient portal and you can access everything about your cycle there, in real time.
Luckily I had insurance coverage at the time, but maxed out our insurance benefits after 3 cycles there.

2008 - 2012, Unsuccessful
I had difficulty getting information from Sandra K, who was the nurse coordinator, I believe, but otherwise had no trouble with any of the nurses [at Fertility Solutions]...I found Dr. Anania to be calm, knowledgeable, and approachable. She always answered my questions and I felt like I received a high level of care. I have no reservations about referring others to her.... I know she used a long lupron protocol with me. I suffered two miscarriages while under Dr. Anania's care and she was warm and caring during that process. She also made sure to investigate the causes of the miscarriages before continuing treatment (hysteroscopy, 3D ultrasound).
It's approaching 5 years since I was last treated, so my memory of the details of my experience are fading. I know she used a long lupron protocol with me. I suffered two miscarriages while under Dr. Anania's care and she was warm and caring during that process. She also made sure to investigate the causes of the miscarriages before continuing treatment (hysteroscopy, 3D ultrasound).
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
I had difficulty getting information from Sandra K, who was the nurse coordinator, I believe, but otherwise had no trouble with any of the nurses.
Most of my treatment was covered by insurance.

2010 - 2011, Unsuccessful
We did 1 round with her [Carol Anania] and got pregnant on the first try. I believe it was Gonal-F injectables with a trigger shot and then an IUI. We also used progesterone once i was pregnant...I felt like she listened and then came up with a clear plan...She was very straight forward, listened and was compassionate. She had a high success rate, and was very confident that I would be pregnant shortly. She answered all of our questions, and didn't make us feel like we were bothering her.
They [nurses at Fertility Solutions of New England] were very well organized and I feel like they did most of the leg work under her guidance. They showed us how to do the shots and made us practice before leaving. The blood draws were quick and easy and accommodating to a full time work schedule....She [Carol Anania] was very straight forward, listened and was compassionate. She had a high success rate, and was very confident that I would be pregnant shortly. She answered all of our questions, and didn't make us feel like we were bothering her.
She knows her stuff- listen!
I felt like she listened and then came up with a clear plan
We did 1 round with her and got pregnant on the first try. I believe it was Gonal-F injectables with a trigger shot and then an IUI. We also used progesterone once i was pregnant.
They were very well organized and I feel like they did most of the leg work under her guidance. They showed us how to do the shots and made us practice before leaving. The blood draws were quick and easy and accommodating to a full time work schedule.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
They are very organized, accommodating to people who work and need to get in for blood draws early in the morning. They make it easy to set up appointments
our insurance covered all
Woburn

Treatment 1 [with Dr. Anania]: Estrogen priming, 450IUs Gonal F, Cetrotide, Fresh transfer despite high P4 on trigger day. Treatment 2: Despite only getting 1 embryo she blasted my ovaries with 600IUs of Gonal and Menopur, mis-identified a cycst as a follicle despite my estrogen being low, did not address my rising P4, and did not monitor me for 3 days at the end despite having large follicles. Ended up with a 2.2 P4, over stimulated, poor egg quality, and in the ER after she decided to transfer 3 poor quality embryos inside me...never reached out to me personally after my failed cycles. When I told her I did not want to do a fresh transfer with a rising progesterone she literally didn't care and made it seem like it was a fresh transfer or discarding my embryo even though it was a 3AA and could have been frozen. Never followed up with me in a way that made it seem like she had any clue who I was.
Nurses are okay [at Fertility Solutions of New England], friendly enough but cannot answer questions without asking the doctor first...The finance team is brutal to work with...Dr. Anania never reached out to me personally after my failed cycles. When I told her I did not want to do a fresh transfer with a rising progesterone she literally didn't care and made it seem like it was a fresh transfer or discarding my embryo even though it was a 3AA and could have been frozen. Never followed up with me in a way that made it seem like she had any clue who I was. Doctor Nps
Completely impersonal, which doesn't really matter as long as she knows whas she's doing. Unfortunately, it was like I new more than she did hence two failed IVF cycles that even I could identify the problems with. You do not do a fresh transfer with a 1.76 and 2.2 progesterone level on the day of trigger. You do not do a fresh transfer when your patient calls you crying that she doesn't want to. You do not go 3 days without monitoring on 600IUs when there are 3 18mm follicles. In addition to that, I never got a single call after my failed cycles to see how I was doing or to have a follow-up consultation.
Do your research and don't let her make decisions that are completely contrary to every study you have ever read and is contradictory to what even your insurance company tells you.
Treatment 1: Estrogen priming, 450IUs Gonal F, Cetrotide, Fresh transfer despite high P4 on trigger day. Treatment 2: Despite only getting 1 embryo she blasted my ovaries with 600IUs of Gonal and Menopur, mis-identified a cycst as a follicle despite my estrogen being low, did not address my rising P4, and did not monitor me for 3 days at the end despite having large follicles. Ended up with a 2.2 P4, over stimulated, poor egg quality, and in the ER after she decided to transfer 3 poor quality embryos inside me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Solutions of New England.
Nurses are okay, friendly enough but cannot answer questions without asking the doctor first which is different from my current clinic where they have actual medical knowledge. The finance team is brutal to work with and nobody suggested that I get new insurance during open enrollment and put me on self pay after I maxed out my benefit. The financial coordinator at my new clinic told me to do that right away and even told me which insurance companies were the easiest to work with.
They were fine
I had a $15k max on my insurance and paid the rest out of pocket
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Solutions of New England?
Maybe I wouldn't be pregnant right now, but I didn't even get a fighting chance with the way my case was so poorly handled. I still get angry about it almost daily.