Carlsbad
858.239.2275
8010 Frost Street
San Diego, CA 92123
858.505.5500

We are preparing to do a round of IVF, so we do know that Dr. Maas will not do a multiple embryo transfer unless it's under very special circumstances. She has told us we are currently not candidates for one, and she will only do eSET...She is engaging, funny, easy to understand, and always ready to answer our questions. She was clear with her thoughts, and we always know what is next on her schedule for us. She does seem like she has too many patients/responsibilities though, as she is usually running late for any appointment and during any procedure or ultrasound, it is always fast and not a lot of time to discuss results or answer questions
The most positive thing about the [Fertility Specialists Medical Group] nursing staff is that they are always nice, welcoming, and most of them remember you which is remarkable, because we rarely had the same nurse when we went to our appointments...Our upcoming IVF round for egg retrieval has been quoted at $8000 total with an additional $6000 for genetic testing...The Front Desk team is great - they always remember you, speak to you personally when you sign in, and are usually good about pushing your records to the back if you're in a hurry
How was your experience with Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Dr. Maas strictly as a doctor is amazing. She is engaging, funny, easy to understand, and always ready to answer our questions. She was clear with her thoughts, and we always know what is next on her schedule for us. She does seem like she has too many patients/responsibilities though, as she is usually running late for any appointment and during any procedure or ultrasound, it is always fast and not a lot of time to discuss results or answer questions. When a one on one is scheduled strictly to talk, she always has more than enough time and is patient and kind. For actual hands on appointments, I feel like bedside manner can be more absent as she is always super quick in speech and action and seems crunched for time. She also doesn't seem to understand different thresholds of pain across the spectrum of patients, and I was frustrated in continually trying to explain the same pain during each procedure without positive results. I will say that after sharing my concerns after a third round of failed IUI, she has stepped up immensely in the communication and caring realm, and has reached out via her staff several times to check on me during our waiting out this Covid-19 period.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
To expect to not be 100 percent looked out for as she seems to have too much on her plate. If you go in understanding that you will have to be your biggest advocate and you will have to be hands on in following up and doing your due diligence to keep track in making sure things are done on her end, it will be a great experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
The office leaves you feeling like a number, but time spent one on one with Dr. Maas, makes you feel like a human. She is excellent at explaining things so they're easily understood and great at answering questions, and making you feel like you're not a complete failure.
Describe the protocols Kristi Maas used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists Medical Group and their degree of success.
We did three rounds of IUI, due to an unexplained fertility diagnosis. 1st round - we just did letrozole medium dose with no results 2nd round - letrozole higher dose with Clomid small dose - resulted in painful ovarian cysts that I went to the ER for, and a positive pregnancy hormone test with no implantation 3rd round - letrozole and clomid higher dose - resulted in significant clomid side effects such as eye sight being affected and very cloudy brain fog along with hyper brain and heart activity - couldn't sleep well, and my body wouldn't be still. I couldn't stop moving. Result was negative test and Dr. Maas said I couldn't take Clomid anymore due to the eye sight being affected. All three cycles were back to back without a break in between and included the pop shot 24 hours before transfer of sperm.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
The most positive thing about the nursing staff is that they are always nice, welcoming, and most of them remember you which is remarkable, because we rarely had the same nurse when we went to our appointments. We were always seen by someone different. They are not great communicators, and I believe this is due to the fact that they don't seem to be assigned to specific doctors or patients. If they were, I think they would be less scattered and better at remembering patients specific information. They do not follow up unless you pin them down with a call back time, or you call back in to force a follow up. Covid-19 may have changed that, as I have received more calls during this last month, than I did in an entire year of IUI and testing with them. I really like most of the nursing staff, but not being able to be assigned to one or two specific ones has its drawbacks.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
The Front Desk team is great - they always remember you, speak to you personally when you sign in, and are usually good about pushing your records to the back if you're in a hurry. It's been the same people since I started, so the turn over rate seems low in that department. The Finance team is confusing and disorganized. They don't pay attention to detail and when you're watching every nickel and dime because fertility treatments are expensive even with insurance, that lack of attention is very frustrating. They had the wrong version of our insurance for months, and even though we told them each time we went in, they still wouldn't correct it which resulted in our paying out of pocket for most of the three rounds of IUI because we were so frustrated at the rates they were trying to charge us based on incorrect information that they wouldn't update. After a 6 month break from three rounds of failed IUI, we decided to move forward to a round of IVF. We decided we would approach everything in the financial department very aggressively. We did our research and went in with the paperwork to back up our requests and also told them that we preferred to only deal with the head of the finance department. After we explained everything to her about our past experience, she agreed to do better on our accounts. We haven't had to fight with them as much during this year, but we also haven't had to write the check for the IVF round. They are horrible at billing...we are still getting bills from them for procedures we had almost a year ago. Overall, the clinic is average...not super cutting edge, but also not too dated. They're prices are good which is probably why they have an overabundance of clients and always seem to be scattered and in a hurry.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
We have comprehensive fertility insurance, so the costs were basically our deductible, plus expenses that weren't covered. Our upcoming IVF round for egg retrieval has been quoted at $8000 total with an additional $6000 for genetic testing. They have assured us that the highest possible amount is $8000 so they can't go over that and will most likely come in under that...with past experiences, I don't believe that they will come in under $8000.
Describe Kristi Maas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
Our insurance is out of state and it is mandatory for us to get our injectables from an online pharmacy. No matter how many times I give them that information so they can send the prescription, they always send it to the pharmacy they prefer... They called with results at a time I expressly asked them not to, because I wanted my husband to be there to get them at the same time I did...other times they have not called with results and we have had to call to get them. They have repeatedly misplaced paperwork for our insurance or failed to update the insurance information upon our request. We have provided them with correct information and numbers and emails from the insurance, and they still haven't updated it completely in their system. The doctor doesn't always communicate the updated protocols and procedures to the nurses right after our appointments, and we will have to call a few days later wondering why we haven't received prescriptions or updates on what to do next.
Kristi Maas

2019 - 2020, Consult
Dr. Shelly is very warm and friendly. She has always made it a point to check in on how my husband and I...This made us both feel at-ease and more comfortable with the process...She really takes the time to analyze all facets of your health and explain how these pieces work in tandem...I feel confident in her decision making...she explained her reasoning or choices more and I ended up feeling more confident in her treatment.
The [Fertility Specialists Medical Group] clinic is clean and well-maintained. I haven’t been to any other fertility clinics, so I’m not sure if this is par for the course or not. New patients should know that the parking situation is a bit odd in that you wind around. Just follow the signs...IVF with it’s associated fees is about $20,000 and medications should cost $5,000.
How was your experience with Wendy Shelly at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Dr. Shelly’s analysis of our health history and infertility was comprehensive. She really takes the time to analyze all facets of your health and explain how these pieces work in tandem. I asked her questions about procedures I had had 15 years ago, and she was more than willing to discuss (in detail!) how they may or may not impact our choices now. I am very analytical and love to research, and she answered every one of my questions. Dr. Shelly’s recommendations for additional testing and a procedure before beginning treatments made me feel like she really thought through our case and made sure that the treatments she is recommending are the right ones. I feel confident in her decision making.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Shelly at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
I would encourage a prospective patient to ask questions and push back on Dr. Shelly’s suggestions. When I did this, she explained her reasoning or choices more and I ended up feeling more confident in her treatment. I also recommend bringing all of your medical records (everything you can get your hands on) to the first appointment so your time with her is spent most effectively.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Shelly at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Dr. Shelly is very warm and friendly. She has always made it a point to check in on how my husband and I are doing as humans - not just as patients. She has shown empathy for our situation, and she’s shared about her own fertility journey with us. This made us both feel at-ease and more comfortable with the process.
Describe the protocols Wendy Shelly used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists Medical Group and their degree of success.
We are just beginning our treatment plan, but we’ll be doing IVF with a mock transfer post-COVID.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
The clinic is clean and well-maintained. I haven’t been to any other fertility clinics, so I’m not sure if this is par for the course or not. New patients should know that the parking situation is a bit odd in that you wind around. Just follow the signs!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Shelly at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
All in all, IVF with it’s associated fees is about $20,000 and medications should cost $5,000.
San Diego
I really liked Dr Shelly's bedside manner. Her sense of humor and also her honestly. She is realistic and hopeful at the same time. Even when things were not going as we expected (for example cancelled cycle), she took time to explain to us her ideas that we can try for future cycles (which worked for us)...
[Fertility Specialists Medical Group] Strengths: Organized and quick. Dr Shelly did all my ultrasounds and monitoring appointments. I have problem with blood draw and [the nurse] did amazing job every time that I went there. Weakness: Clinic is not open during weekends or some holidays. The clinic starts stim for all patients on the same day which is counter intuitive and I think this have negative impact on the results/outcome of the treatments.
Dr Shelly is knowledgable and passionate about her work. After the embryo freeze we decided to TTC and got pregnant and I reached out to her about early OB care and she was very warm and welcome (despite the pregnancy was not through fertility treatment). The first time she saw me she told me that "You got pregnant without me, I liked it "
We met with Dr Shelly through conference calls as much as needed. She patiently answered all our questions. Don't hesitate to reach out to her if you have questions.
1 - IVF (Priming Estrace) - Gonal F , Menapoure - Cetrotide. 8 Days of stim. 4 eggs --> 4 fertilized --> 3 blast --> 1 PGS 2 - IVF (Priming using Cetrotide) - Got cancelled after 4 days of stim due to lead follice. 3 - IVF (Long Lupron Protocol) - Gonal F , Menapoure, Lupron, Omintrop (for quality) 11 AFC --> 8 eggs --> 6 mature --> 2 fertilized --> 2 blast --> 2 PGS
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
Strengths: Organized and quick. Dr Shelly did all my ultrasounds and monitoring appointments. I have problem with blood draw and Kiana did amazing job every time that I went there. Weakness: Clinic is not open during weekends or some holidays. The clinic starts stim for all patients on the same day which is counter intuitive and I think this have negative impact on the results/outcome of the treatments.
San Diego

Dr. Morales was and is truly invested in our fertility journey. She is honest and straightforward but in a way that puts you at ease. ... We looked “good on paper” so she felt confident in trying 3 rounds of IUI. She prescribed letrozole instead of clomid based on discussion with me and my medical history review. I felt confident and though it did not work for us, she kept us motivated through the process with honest and realistic but still positive feedback.
The clinic [Fertility Specialists Med Group] is clean, professional, and welcoming. My only issue was follow up on one billing confusion with a third party, I had to follow up a few times to get the information I needed but beyond that they were on top of everything else. The staff greeted everyone upon entering, answered questions and kept appointments flowing.
How was your experience with Arlene Morales at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Dr. Morales was and is truly invested in our fertility journey. She is honest and straightforward but in a way that puts you at ease. Sometimes I did feel that I had to wait awhile for a short procedure but she did all of the procedures and I did feel that she was willing to take her time and answer my questions when needed.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Arlene Morales at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
She will throw a lot of information at you at once so be prepared with questions ahead of time. But also don’t be afraid to call later to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arlene Morales at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Dr. Morales and her team were always warm and extremely welcoming. They remembered us from each appointment and it felt like they were truly invested in our journey.
Describe the protocols Arlene Morales used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists Medical Group and their degree of success.
The nurses are amazing. They are all incredibly sweet, professional, and friendly. I felt completely comfortable with each one I had and knew that they were also invested in our journey.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
The clinic is clean, professional, and welcoming. My only issue was follow up on one billing confusion with a third party, I had to follow up a few times to get the information I needed but beyond that they were on top of everything else. The staff greeted everyone upon entering, answered questions and kept appointments flowing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Arlene Morales at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
Our IUI procedures were about $1100 each round
Describe Arlene Morales's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
San Diego

Dr. Maas is good at explaining the procedures and answering all questions I had. She was also willing to let me do additional testing that I was concerned about, even though she didn't necessarily see it as a problem. I saw her at almost every visit ... First IUI I used letrozole and I ovulated the day prior to the IUI, which was a surprise. The second IUI, she switched to injectables in order to have more control of my cycle. That IUI ended in a pregnancy with twins, but I lost the pregnancy at 8 weeks. We tried the same protocol for IUI number 3, which failed, and we are now proceeding to IVF.
The financial team [Fertility Spec Med Grp] is not that clear with what is being charged. I have never received a detailed billing statement, though I intend to ask for one for tax purposes. They also will not give any one their billing rates, as they say it is proprietary information, although I was able to get the same information just from calling the other clinics in the area.
Dr. Maas is good at explaining the procedures and answering all questions I had. She was also willing to let me do additional testing that I was concerned about, even though she didn't necessarily see it as a problem. I saw her at almost every visit (except for 2 ultrasounds performed by another doctor when she was out). I am still undergoing treatment with her (IVF retrieval).
Ask any questions you might have and explain to her your worries. She was good about letting me do additional testing when I was afraid I had issues after my miscarriage, even if she didn't think it was an issue based on her experience. This is important as the patient who is having all of the treatment, and whose concerns are validated and not just brushed aside.
I always had all of my questions answered and all of the nurses know my name and ask how I was doing. May be because I was there frequently, but it was nice to know I wasn't just a number. Also, I suffered a missed miscarriage after my second IUI, and Dr. Maas called after my D&C to see how I was doing and one of the nurses also gave me hug when I went in to confirm the loss.
FMSG has a lot of nurses. You would not be assigned one nurse, though I know a lot of them just from being in there so often. They all know my name and ask questions about my life and treatment. It seems like they are really rooting for their patients and want to see success.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
The financial team is not that clear with what is being charged. I have never received a detailed billing statement, though I intend to ask for one for tax purposes. They also will not give any one their billing rates, as they say it is proprietary information, although I was able to get the same information just from calling the other clinics in the area. They also do not have an online portal where the patient can see their own results. After every blood draw, a nurse will call at some time that day for instructions on dosing for that night until the next ultrasound. I always got a call when I was expecting one. It would have been nice seeing the results though, since I am a visual person and also having the records for myself.
My insurance covered half of diagnosis and half if IUI. My cost came out to about $1200 for an IUI with injections. For IVF, the cost is $12,000 for retrieval and fresh transfer, with frozen transfers costing $2750.
I haven't specifically spoken to her about this, but I know the clinic's position is to transfer one PGS normal for all ages. For non-tested embryos, I believe above age 37 or 38 you have the option to transfer more than one.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
The things that went wrong were minor. I had spoken to a nurse about seeing if Dr. Maas could request a pelvic MRI. I was told she was unable to order one. Though when I brought it up with her later, she was able to order it no problem, so seemed to be miscommunication there. It was also difficult when not in a treatment cycle to get a phone call back, although that is probably understandable. So far though, there have not been any major issues that I have found.
Kristi Maas
San Diego
Dr Shelly was great, we felt confident from the first consult and from her assurances. She was understanding and was very thorough in her plan for my wife and I. As our cycle progressed we saw less and less of her and for the last two weeks we only saw her at retrieval and transfer. Although we did not get the desired result, we still feel she did a great job...Dr Shelly concluded that my wife was well and healthy and that because we are male factor that we would not need many medications or high dosages.
The clinic [Fertility Specialists Medical Group] has two branches. Carlsbad and San Diego. If you wish to see dr Shelly or dr Morales be aware that the switch back and forth between the two clinics and also that carlasbad isn’t fully staffed nor is it open all the days. Note that the surgery center is in San Diego so it’s best to schedule everything with San Diego even if the drives is far...Jessika was our nurse for the first part of the cycle. She was great and organized. Very patient and helpful. She started us with the medications and followed us with the ultrasounds and blood draws. On retrieval day we were handed off to Carol, she was outstanding, she remained our nurse until transfer was completed.
Ask as many questions as you possibly can. Even if she has to repeat herself. Ask that she be blunt. Also, ask to see her even if it’s just to say hello, it will make you feel just a little more confident and reassured.
Dr Shelly was very professional and personable, showed compassion and that she cared.
We got a baseline ultrasound 5 days prior to injection cycle. Dr Shelly said that the lining in my wife’s uterus was looking good so we started estrace oral pills for 10 days prior to the injection cycle. Injection cycle was 11 days of micro hCG 30 UI and follistim 425 ui. Dr Shelly concluded that my wife was well and healthy and that because we are male factor that we would not need many medications or high dosages. Next was cetrotide antagonist after day 7 till day 11. The ultrasound at day 11 showed that the eggs were ready for retrieval. All shots in the belly with insulin needles (1/2 inch) small gauge. Next was trigger shot of pregnyl. 36 hours after exactly was our retrieval. We were told to expect 10 eggs, measurements looked great. Retrieval produced 5 eggs total.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Jessica)
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
The clinic has two branches. Carlsbad and San Diego. If you wish to see dr Shelly or dr Morales be aware that the switch back and forth between the two clinics and also that carlasbad isn’t fully staffed nor is it open all the days. Note that the surgery center is in San Diego so it’s best to schedule everything with San Diego even if the drives is far.
4500.00 USD for clinic fees and 6000.00 USD for the surgery center 550.00 USD for anesthesiologist. 1100.00 USD for cryopreservation 600.00 USD for storage. Pharmacy costs 2500.00 USD
Describe Wendy Shelly's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
We had first been told by Dr Shelly that two embryos would increase our chances and that my wife’s good health would not be an issue for high risk pregnancy. However when transfer day came the embryologist was the one to tell us that the Dr had advised against it. We were told that the embryos were not of good quality and they’d hoped that another extra day would increase the chances of growth. Only one embryo was of “good enough” quality to transfer. In addition, a fresh transfer, would be a higher risk for the embryo to not attach to the uterine lining. There was a chance we would lose two embryos in one try.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
The new branch in Carlsbad is fairly new and not well staffed. Hopefully with the coming of new patients the demand will be such that this branch will become as well run as their San Diego branch.
San Diego

Dr. Morales was very professional. She explained everything, in a fast almost ‘over your head’ kind of way because all the infertility lingo & process is new but also because she was probably rushed as her clinic is very busy. But she made she sure she answered all of your questions. During her consultation she asks you what you expect & how many kids you want & I truly believe she tries to make that happen....She will see you at all your visits & makes sure your questions are answered but she will not hold your hand through the visits & process.
Strength: For the most every time I needed to speak to someone, I always got a call back back within a day. The clinic [Fertility Specialists Med Group] was attentive. Weakness: you can tell the clinic was busy. They never made you feel rushed or hurried but Dr. Morales was always on the move. She was the only person that you would have to wait on. You wouldn’t wait long.
I really liked Dr. Morales but she was always so rushed & busy. I’m glad her clinic is booming but I would have liked for her to not be so rushed in my appointments. She did get straight to the point during our time together & even had time for small talk. She is very smart women, but very text book smart. I guess in this field, you have to go with statistics & data. I stimulated pretty quickly on my meds & brought that up to Dr. Morales, but insisted to ‘see what happens’ & continue on course rather. I think if she took a minute longer to think about how I stimulated quickly & possibly think about a different course of action, we may have had more ‘normal’ Day 5 embryos. Overall I did like Dr. Morales & would see her again for baby #2 only because I already had 1 successful pregnancy even though I would have to go through IVF all over again.
Her clinic is busy, so be prepared to have a limited time with Dr. Morales. She will see you at all your visits & makes sure your questions are answered but she will not hold your hand through the visits & process.
Dr. Morales was very professional. She explained everything, in a fast almost ‘over your head’ kind of way because all the infertility lingo & process is new but also because she was probably rushed as her clinic is very busy. But she made she sure she answered all of your questions. During her consultation she asks you what you expect & how many kids you want & I truly believe she tries to make that happen. I like her upfront, real attitude.
I don’t remember exactly what meds I was on for stimulation, but I did a 5 day embryos transfer & I miscarried. It was devastating. Dr. Morales recommended I do a uterine receptivity which tested if my uterus lining was ready for the embryo to transfer & implant on the current protocol I was on. I was hesitant because it would cost an additional $1k & push back my protocol for one month. The results revealed that if I was on progesterone for 6-12hrs longer than when I did my first 5 day transfer, my implantation rate was 90% more successful & it worked!!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Martha, RN)
The nursing staff is amazing!!! They were always pleasant & nice. Returned calls, remembered what they talked about you during your last visit (even if it’s personal & not related to ivf).
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
Strength: For the most every time I needed to speak to someone, I always got a call back back within a day. The clinic was attentive. Weakness: you can tell the clinic was busy. They never made you feel rushed or hurried but Dr. Morales was always on the move. She was the only person that you would have to wait on. You wouldn’t wait long.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
Monitoring was fairly easy. I work full time but only 4 days a week, so some times I sacrificed sleep to go in for monitoring but for the most part, I was able to fit it in when it was convenient.
My insurance covered 50% of IVF (which I included monitoring, ultrasounds, & blood draws): $10k Anesthesia for egg retrieval (must be a written check: $1500 (honestly I forgot) PGS: I was able to qualify for a study so it was free but so think it’s $2500 Uterine receptivity test: $1000 2nd 5 day embryo transfer (because of 1st embryo transfer miscarriage): $2500 I paid the low end of stimulation meds because I stimulated quickly: $2500
Since I had my eggs PGS tested, Dr. Morales recommends that we do a single embryo transfer. She said she was willing to do a multiple transfer if the first transfer wasn’t successful.

2013 - 2015, Unknown Success
I trust her competence with all the decisions we've made and procedures we've had done. She has also let meetings go long after we've had failures. All that said, this is a busy practice and she is on the move.
I consider the practice as a whole to be run extremely well. From the receptionists to the MAs to the nurses, I feel that everyone there quickly got to know me as a person and it was actually very pleasant being around the office/clinic.
Dr. Morales seems up to date on the newest practices, especially when it comes to genetic screening and various genetic diagnostic procedures -- this is one of the reasons we chose to go to her. I trust her competence with all the decisions we've made and procedures we've had done. She has also let meetings go long after we've had failures and are going over results and next steps. All that said, this is a busy practice and she is on the move. When you come in for an ultrasound, it is friendly but quick and in small talk Dr. Morales may mix up a few personal details (not important to treatment -- but things like "How was your trip to Europe?" and I'm like "What trip?"). If you are looking for a doctor to ponder the meaning of life with at each appointment, you might prefer a different practice.
I consider the practice as a whole to be run extremely well. From the receptionists to the MAs to the nurses, I feel that everyone there quickly got to know me as a person and it was actually very pleasant being around the office/clinic and interacting with them. Dr. Morales' manner is a little scattered, though she very clearly cares about our outcome. I would consider that the practice as a whole is very well staffed and personable.
I have worked with several of the nurses and they all knew our case extremely well, were easy to get in touch with, happy to answer questions, good at explaining things and very personable.
San Diego

I recommend Dr. Shelly with some hesitation. I sometimes feel like I need to bring up approaches to our treatment plan. I feel like she should be the expert, and I don’t always feel 100% confident in her as my RE.... She’s very understanding of your situation and will work with you to only order tests if you are paying out of pocket.... She seemed to take the time to get to know my partner and I.... 2IUIs with 100mg of Clomid. Ovidrel trigger shot.
Financial team [Fertility Specialists Medical Group] is very responsive when contacted (eg ordering tests for insurance authorizations). I do wish they would let you know where you stand with deductibles and payments before the 5 days when you need to schedule your baseline monitoring.... $1,000 for each IUI with monitoring (no meds). $250 for initial consult, and $250 for follow up consult.... The nursing staff explained the timing of medication and handled the scheduling after monitoring appointments.
She seemed to take the time to get to know my partner and I.
2IUIs with 100mg of Clomid. Ovidrel trigger shot. Monitoring within 5 days of your period, then follow up monitoring 1 week later. Monitoring continues daily until the IUI.
The nursing staff explained the timing of medication and handled the scheduling after monitoring appointments. Otherwise, interactions were with Martha over email.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
Financial team is very responsive when contacted (eg ordering tests for insurance authorizations). I do wish they would let you know where you stand with deductibles and payments before the 5 days when you need to schedule your baseline monitoring.

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Very personal, very compassionate, very detail oriented...Very compassionate doctor [Dr Wendy Shelly] but things just didnt work out..when we finally did IVF after 3 unsuccessful iuis and even that didnt workout..she took the time to jot every detail down and look carefully if we are missing something...
Very compassionate doctor but things just didnt work out..when we finally did IVF after 3 unsuccessful iuis and even that didnt workout..she took the time to jot every detail down and look carefully if we are missing something...
None
Very personal, very compassionate, very detail oriented

2017 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Morales is a brilliant physician, but not the warmest. I would recommend her if the latter doesn't matter to you. There is no doubt about her skill when it comes to fertility treatment. After several years as her patient, and not having the results we hoped for, we felt defeated and wanted a doctor who showed us compassion. It wasn't that Dr. Morales isn't compassionate; I would just say she's a bit more blunt than some other physicians. But again, her skill is top notch...
This is a good clinic [Fertility Specialists Medical Group]. I didn't find it to be the warmest or most compassionate, but they produce results and that's most important to a lot of patients. They have a very good embryology lab run by Kate...Dr. Morales is a brilliant physician, but not the warmest. I would recommend her if the latter doesn't matter to you. There is no doubt about her skill when it comes to fertility treatment...
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
This is a good clinic. I didn't find it to be the warmest or most compassionate, but they produce results and that's most important to a lot of patients. They have a very good embryology lab run by Kate.