Carlsbad
8010 Frost Street
San Diego, CA 92123
858.505.5500

2014 - 2015, Unsuccessful
Very personal, very compassionate, very detail oriented...Very compassionate doctor [Dr Wendy Shelly] but things just didnt work out..when we finally did IVF after 3 unsuccessful iuis and even that didnt workout..she took the time to jot every detail down and look carefully if we are missing something...
How was your experience with Wendy Shelly at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Very compassionate doctor but things just didnt work out..when we finally did IVF after 3 unsuccessful iuis and even that didnt workout..she took the time to jot every detail down and look carefully if we are missing something...
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Wendy Shelly at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
None
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Wendy Shelly at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Very personal, very compassionate, very detail oriented
Wendy Shelly
San Diego

Dr. Wendy Shelly has been excellent to work with. She genuinely cares about your family building journey and fertility success...takes a thoughtful approach to treatment and uses what she thinks is the best medical approach to help you reach your fertility goals...straightforward and will always offer all available options to you while explaining in detail all of the pros and cons...caters her approach to our results.
[Nurses at Fertility Specialists Medical Group] show genuine care for the patient...lead IVF nurse was extremely knowledgeable...always responsive to all emails and calls...strengths of our clinic included appointment availability that fit with customers working a standard M-F work schedule...excellent customer service and quality of care...weaknesses of our clinic included paid parking and lack of an electronic form completion system.
Dr. Wendy Shelly has been excellent to work with. She genuinely cares about your family building journey and fertility success. She takes a thoughtful approach to treatment and uses what she thinks is the best medical approach to help you reach your fertility goals. She is straightforward and will always offer all available options to you while explaining in detail all of the pros and cons.
She always takes time to listen to our questions, provide thoughtful answers and caters her approach to our results.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Peck)
The nursing team was amazing! They all show genuine care for the patient and are warm at each visit. The lead IVF nurse was extremely knowledgeable and helpful guiding us through the IVF process. She explained the IVF process in great detail and walked us through the entire way. She was always responsive to all emails and calls.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
The strengths of our clinic included appointment availability that fit with customers working a standard M-F work schedule, they provided excellent customer service and quality of care. The weaknesses of our clinic included paid parking and lack of an electronic form completion system.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Wendy Shelly at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
Approximately $1,500 per IUI and aprroximately $11,500 for IVF Egg Retrieval (no embryos were available for preservation or transfer).
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Wendy Shelly

2021, Consult
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
Surrogacy With Other Docs
I feel they [Dr. Arlene Morales} are very respectful and caring. Unfortunately we had very bad luck with our two egg donors, both our sperm, and the three gestational carriers we have used. We feel positive that others might have a meaningful and positive experience...I wish it was more acceptable to transfer more than one embryo. With all our pre genetic tested embryos our outcomes were not positive either.
The [Fertility Specialists Medical Group] strengths are communication and understanding of infertility issues. I wish there was a bigger educational process. If I repeated this process I would advocate more for myself and my understanding of the process...Our sperm was left out. Our pregnancy test results call took all day to receive. They left it for end of business day. We feel nobody wanted to give us the bad news. We wish we had a different 3rd party coordinator.
How was your experience with Arlene Morales at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
I feel they are very respectful and caring. Unfortunately we had very bad luck with our two egg donors, both our sperm, and the three gestational carriers we have used. We feel positive that others might have a meaningful and positive experience.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Arlene Morales at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Take your time learning about all your options. Get educated.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Arlene Morales at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Because my partner and I feel they were caring but realistic. We were told we are very unlucky and no matter what we try the results would not be favorable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists Medical Group. (Assigned nurse: Marianne )
I feel this is where things did not go well.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
The strengths are communication and understanding of infertility issues. I wish there was a bigger educational process. If I repeated this process I would advocate more for myself and my understanding of the process.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Arlene Morales at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
The costs were excessive. My heart pounds every time I think about it. We are in debt for the next decade.
Describe Arlene Morales's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
Arlene Morales

2020, Consult
My husband and I were referred by our Perinatalogist due to two second trimester pregnancy losses that were very traumatic and Kristi [Dr. Maas] was very empathetic to our unique situation and explained the options moving forward in a compassionate way. She was very knowledgeable and was clearly a trusted expert in her field. She outlined the process and timeline for PGD and IVF and potential risks well.
Very friendly, knowledgeable staff [at Fertility Specialists Medical Group-San Diego]! Flexible with appointments for my schedule as I had to reschedule multiple times. A lot of the testing can be done on site promptly but also have the option to follow up and have some testing done at OB which was helpful...Costs being worked out but in line with other major providers
How was your experience with Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
My husband and I were referred by our Perinatalogist due to two second trimester pregnancy losses that were very traumatic and Kristi was very empathetic to our unique situation and explained the options moving forward in a compassionate way. She was very knowledgeable and was clearly a trusted expert in her field. She outlined the process and timeline for PGD and IVF and potential risks well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Ask questions if you don't understand anything!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group?
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
Very friendly, knowledgeable staff! Flexible with appointments for my schedule as I had to reschedule multiple times. A lot of the testing can be done on site promptly but also have the option to follow up and have some testing done at OB which was helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kristi Maas at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
Costs being worked out but in line with other major providers
Describe Kristi Maas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
We haven't gotten to this point but she did advise eSET due to other factors which made a lot of sense to me as a patient.
Kristi Maas

2017 - 2020, Successful
Dr. Morales is a brilliant physician, but not the warmest. I would recommend her if the latter doesn't matter to you. There is no doubt about her skill when it comes to fertility treatment. After several years as her patient, and not having the results we hoped for, we felt defeated and wanted a doctor who showed us compassion. It wasn't that Dr. Morales isn't compassionate; I would just say she's a bit more blunt than some other physicians. But again, her skill is top notch...
This is a good clinic [Fertility Specialists Medical Group]. I didn't find it to be the warmest or most compassionate, but they produce results and that's most important to a lot of patients. They have a very good embryology lab run by Kate...Dr. Morales is a brilliant physician, but not the warmest. I would recommend her if the latter doesn't matter to you. There is no doubt about her skill when it comes to fertility treatment...
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists Medical Group.
This is a good clinic. I didn't find it to be the warmest or most compassionate, but they produce results and that's most important to a lot of patients. They have a very good embryology lab run by Kate.
Arlene Morales