Genetic counseling: Offered
Southlake
540 East Southlake Blvd, Suite 100
Southlake, TX 76092
214-618-2044
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Specialists of Texas to a friend?

I especially appreciate that Dr. Guerami is passionate about educating the patient on what will occur during each of the treatment sessions and providing options, based on the risks..is not a Texan, so don't expect the deep fried Southern hospitality of a Texan. Instead, be open to his style of working and his personality - he truly does care about his patients and wants to be confident that you understand the why before the how...
[The nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas is] warm, friendly, and patient, and she wants to be sure that you are comfortable with the treatment that she and the doctor are providing. I've never been in the same room with Dr. Guerami and Heidi, but they seem to make a good team!...Many times, the front desk would call and tell me my upcoming payment for upcoming visits, but I have received a few bills after the fact. I'm assuming this is due to insurance settlements.
How was your experience with Ali Guerami at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Guerami has extensive experience in reproductive endocrinology, and he is very candid in his expectations for treatment and the likelihood that the treatment will be successful. I especially appreciate that Dr. Guerami is passionate about educating the patient on what will occur during each of the treatment sessions and providing options, based on the risks. Dr. Guerami does have an accent, so it may be difficult to fully understand him 100% of the time, but he is patient and will repeat himself to ensure that his patients understand their treatment, the steps for treatment, and the expected outcomes for the treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Ali Guerami at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Guerami is not a Texan, so don't expect the deep fried Southern hospitality of a Texan. Instead, be open to his style of working and his personality - he truly does care about his patients and wants to be confident that you understand the why before the how.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Heidi)
Heidi is the best. She's absolutely awesome and a great complement to Dr. Guerami's style. She's warm, friendly, and patient, and she wants to be sure that you are comfortable with the treatment that she and the doctor are providing. I've never been in the same room with Dr. Guerami and Heidi, but they seem to make a good team!
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I enjoy going to Dr. Guerami's clinic on Walnut Hill because it's not as busy at the Frisco clinic. The Frisco clinic has the lab and is where the IUIs and IVFs are performed, but it is almost a machine, just based on how much goes on in the offices. However, Dr. Guerami has his own set up on Walnut Hill, and I rarely feel rushed there because it's so small and he's the only doctor in that office.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Ali Guerami at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Describe Ali Guerami's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dr. Guerami is adamant that a woman's body is meant to hold one child at a time during pregnancy, and he will not implant two embryos during one IVF cycle. He would prefer that you have a healthy singleton pregnancy that you can carry to term than multiples that may be delivered early and will be in the NICU after being born.
Ali Guerami

IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
[Dr. Daniel Skora] respectful of me and my partner, who is a trans woman...When we started care and reviewed our labs, he offered us the choice of IUI or IVF due to male factor subfertility. I am still fertile with a great AFC, but have diminished ovarian reserve for my age (I am 28 and my partner is 33). My partner's sperm was right on the edge of recommending straight to IVF, so we chose IVF due to a higher chance of success, overall diminished cost compared to several IUI cycles + potential IVF, and my partner desiring to start HRT.
IVF with ICSI including FET overall cost is about $17,000 [at Fertility Specialists of Texas]...Strengths: The docs are very personable and skilled as far as I have seen!...LGBTQ friendly! The clinic is clean and efficient, easy to navigate. Staff was all friendly and want to help you. I would definitely recommend. Weaknesses: Expensive, but not any more than most places. Billing team a little disorganized but they are responsive and will help you!
European, Middle Eastern
IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
How was your experience with Daniel Skora at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
He was very direct and clear but empathetic. Explained everything thoroughly and treated us as equals in our care. I really enjoy his easygoing and nonjudgmental demeanor. Dr Skora's intelligence and kind personality both come across in his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Skora at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Be informed and ready to talk about your options and questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Skora at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
As a midwife, I have very high expectations for my care providers, and Dr Skora met all of them. He takes the time at each appointment to explain your options and procedures. Additionally, he and his staff were all very respectful of me and my partner, who is a trans woman. We did not have to worry about being judged or misgendered in his office.
Describe the protocols Daniel Skora used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
Still in the process of treatment! When we started care and reviewed our labs, he offered us the choice of IUI or IVF due to male factor subfertility. I am still fertile with a great AFC, but have diminished ovarian reserve for my age (I am 28 and my partner is 33). My partner's sperm was right on the edge of recommending straight to IVF, so we chose IVF due to a higher chance of success, overall diminished cost compared to several IUI cycles + potential IVF, and my partner desiring to start HRT.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Mayra)
Have not started treatments yet. So far so good though.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Strengths: The docs are very personable and skilled as far as I have seen! High success rates. LGBTQ friendly! The clinic is clean and efficient, easy to navigate. Staff was all friendly and want to help you. I would definitely recommend. Weaknesses: Expensive, but not any more than most places. Billing team a little disorganized but they are responsive and will help you!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Skora at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
IVF with ICSI including FET overall cost is about $17,000. Medications, anesthesia, etc. are billed separately, so about another $8,0000 I am estimating.
Describe Daniel Skora's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
He prefers to only transfer one embryo, at least in my case. I am not sure if it would be different for someone older or with other health factors.
Daniel Skora
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Skora at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

I feel everything is going well with this clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas]. Everyone is pretty attentive and is there for any questions or concerns. They try and work with you with financial responsibilities, which is a huge plus because it gets very stressful at times. Everyone is really nice.... All the nurses have been wonderful. But I do feel Amanda could be a little more communicative. When I can't speak to her I talk to Heidi, she's been great.
How was your experience with Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
I've had several miscarriages, like more than 5 with two tubal removals (hence why I have to do IVF) as well, as a premature labor resulting in birth and death of our daughter all between 2006 - 2014. Dr. Goldstein has shown concern as to why I've had reoccurring miscarriages. He is the ONLY Dr to actually take the time to try and figure out why and seen I had uterine polyps/fibroids and removed them. No other Dr has ever even mentioned those or that, that could be a possibility as to why I was having multiple losses. That meant so much to me and I couldn't thank him enough to take the time and actually care about my well being and not just rush into doing IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Easier said than done, but don't be scared or nervous. He truly has your well being at heart.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Goldstein has been nothing but great through out this whole process. I was referred to him by a friend who was a previous patient of his. His bedside manner is wonderful, he goes into everything in detail, listens to all your questions and concerns. I'm very pleased with choosing him as my RE.
Describe the protocols Jerald Goldstein used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
I have not started my stims yet. I will start those Friday morning 2.8.19. But as of right now my protocol is to start menopur in the early a.m at 75iu and Follistim in the evening at 225 I believe.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I feel everything is going well with this clinic. Everyone is pretty attentive and is there for any questions or concerns. They try and work with you with financial responsibilities, which is a huge plus because it gets very stressful at times. Everyone is really nice.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I'm currently waiting for my financial responsibilities break down.
Describe Jerald Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
We have not discussed that yet.
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

When we got there he [Dr. Satin Patel] explained everything that he would be doing, did bloodwork, ran several tests, explained each test and what the results were, said the only thing we could do was IVF but we elected to try IUI so we did, during the whole process of IUI I only saw Dr. Patel once, then be called with the negative results and that’s where it ended...He only recommended IVF which now I see why. We wanted to try IUI just to say we did try it and he wasn’t optimistic at all, which I’m glad he was honest I just wish I had someone that was always hopeful since I’m already feeling hopeless! But he was ultimately right - which is good! He was sympathetic but I could tell he didn’t want us to try IUI, he just wanted us to do IVF. So that’s the route we are having to take now.
The nurses make [The Fertility Specialists of Texas]. They remember your name, they treat you like family and always show up with a smile on their face!...IUI was around $1,000 and then the medicine was around $1,300 and then IVF was going to cost around $30,000...The clinic was very nice! The communication was great and was always available to explain anything you needed explained and answers all questions regarding treatments, medicine, timeline or fincances!
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Very honest and he explains the whole process so you can understand everything and how everything works! Just wish he would be a little more optimistic for us women who are going through infertility we need someone to be hopeful when we feel hopeless!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Be open-minded about IVF. Don’t be afraid to ask “dumb” questions because he will always answer them and not make you feel like it was a “dumb” question!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Patel was very blunt and realistic which is great! He only recommended IVF which now I see why. We wanted to try IUI just to say we did try it and he wasn’t optimistic at all, which I’m glad he was honest I just wish I had someone that was always hopeful since I’m already feeling hopeless! But he was ultimately right - which is good! He was sympathetic but I could tell he didn’t want us to try IUI, he just wanted us to do IVF. So that’s the route we are having to take now.
Describe the protocols Satin Patel used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
When we got there he explained everything that he would be doing, did bloodwork, ran several tests, explained each test and what the results were, said the only thing we could do was IVF but we elected to try IUI so we did, during the whole process of IUI I only saw Dr. Patel once, then be called with the negative results and that’s where it ended and we took a break from treatments.
The nurses make Fertility Specialists it Texas. They remember your name, they treat you like family and always show up with a smile on their face!
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Satin Patel
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

2013
5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
At the time I didnt think much either way of him. He [Dr. Goldstein] was awkward in his interactions with others but that was it....We did two IVF fresh rounds....he didnt change it from one round to the next. Both rounds had very poor results.... I had significant fertility diagnosis that he missed and continued to do IVF rounds without addressing the problems first. I had fibroids, Endometriosis, and a Uterine Septum that went undiagnosed through 2 rounds of IVF.
I liked the clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] itself and how it functioned. They give you a colored picture of your embryos prior to transfer. They also offer to play calming music and have someone pray or do calming breathing exercises with you after the transfer while you wait.... I didnt have a relationship with the nurses there....Upon leaving this clinic, I received the records. The records are conflicting from one appointment to the next.
2013
5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
At the time I didnt think much either way of him. He was awkward in his interactions with others but that was it. After paying 24,000 for two failed cycles, and seeing a different doctor. I was LIVID to discover I had significant fertility diagnosis that he missed and continued to do IVF rounds without addressing the problems first. I had fibroids, Endometriosis, and a Uterine Septum that went undiagnosed through 2 rounds of IVF.
I would highly recommend that they visit someone else with greater attention to detail, and the ethics to not take patients money without telling them the entire medical picture. I filed a complaint on this doctor for doing IVF rounds on me without treating my other medical conditions. My subsequent IVF doctor performed a surgery prior to IVF rounds so that I could get pregnant. He should have done this, but he didnt. He just kept taking my money for IVF rounds that he should have known would not be successful considering all my conditions.
Dr Goldstein has very poor social skills, little affect, and is robotic in nature in his interactions with patients. This makes for horrible bed side manner. When patients (such as myself) were distraught or saddened over poor outcomes with transfers he awkwardly didnt know how to respond.
We did two IVF fresh rounds. I dont recall the specific medications or injections I used. I just know that he didnt change it from one round to the next. Both rounds had very poor results. only producing 2 transferable embryos with nothing to freeze. I dont even know the embryo grades as that information was never explained or shared with me.
I didnt have a relationship with the nurses there. I dont recall working with anyone specific person to give a description of.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I liked the clinic itself and how it functioned. They give you a colored picture of your embryos prior to transfer. They also offer to play calming music and have someone pray or do calming breathing exercises with you after the transfer while you wait.
ABout $12,000 per IVF cycle give or take some medications.
We did 2 embryo transfer each time and I was fine with that. In fact, I prefer that.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Upon leaving this clinic, I received the records. The records are conflicting from one appointment to the next. He stated in one note I have no fibroids, in another that I do. Either way he never told me about the fibroids or recommended any treatment options. He just proceeded with IVF. Further he missed the fact that I have a uterine septum and Endometriosis. All of this would require treatment prior to IVF rounds. He neglected that.

Endometriosis, Other
She [Dr. Noorhasan] reviewed my medical history and talked with my previous doctors since my case was unique. She was very honest and said that it would be hard for me to have kids of my own, something I had not even thought about yet. She is helping treat my cyst on my remaining ovary and then going to freeze my eggs. While other doctors gave me no options, she at least gave me a small chance at having children in the future.
It [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is very modern and has a lot of new technology....I can get all my results instantly and get electronic copies to send to my other providers as well.... They replied to phone and emails very quickly and got insurance issues resolved so effectively... The costs are still occurring and my insurance is supposedly covering some of this because of my past medical history... She [Dr. Noorhasan] was sympathetic and very understanding of my situation.
Endometriosis, Other
How was your experience with Dorette Noorhasan at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
She reviewed my medical history and talked with my previous doctors since my case was unique. She was very honest and said that it would be hard for me to have kids of my own, something I had not even thought about yet. She is helping treat my cyst on my remaining ovary and then going to freeze my eggs. While other doctors gave me no options, she at least gave me a small chance at having children in the future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dorette Noorhasan at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
She doesn't always spend a lot of time with Artie TA so have all your questions ready because it will be hard to get in contact with her once she leaves the room
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dorette Noorhasan at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
She was sympathetic and very understanding of my situation. I went from not even thinking about having children to the very real possiblity that I probably won't b able to have kids. Since I am still in my mid 20's, she told me she would try everything to give me at least a shot of having kids someday and that's all I was looking to when I went to see her for the first time.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
It is very modern and has a lot of new technology. Another doctor I saw before her did not have an email addresss or patient portal.her I can get all my results instantly and get electronic copies to send to my other providers as well.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dorette Noorhasan at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Dorette Noorhasan at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Dr. Goldstein is not the most personable Doctor. He is not warm and fuzzy. ... I think Dr Goldstein is super knowledgeable about his discipline, however his lack of warmth at times can be a little discouraging. I don’t get that personal connection that I got with my other Doctor that he was truly invested in us having a baby. ... A lot of programs they [Fertility Specialists of Texas] offer are not geared towards LGBT individuals.
A lot of programs they [Fertility Specialists of Texas] offer are not geared towards LGBT individuals. They offered on their website an inclusive package however we were not eligible for this because as a gay couple we were not using our own eggs. ... She [nurse] was absolutely amazing! She showed a lot of compassion and support. She has provided a lot of emotional support to us a long the way. ...
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
He is very knowledgeable, however he is not warm and fuzzy. I received the same feedback from someone before starting with Dr Goldstein so I knew this going into it.
Dr. Goldstein is not the most personable Doctor. He is not warm and fuzzy.
At this point it is too soon to tell.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: LeeAnn)
She was absolutely amazing! She showed a lot of compassion and support. She has provided a lot of emotional support to us a long the way.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
A lot of programs they offer are not geared towards LGBT individuals. They offered on their website an inclusive package however we were not eligible for this because as a gay couple we were not using our own eggs. Also prices are not discounted after an unsuccessful transfer. For example, a transfer is $5000 (plus medication) no matter how many times you transfer. Our previous clinic discounted after each unsuccessful transfer.
Transfer fees are the same no matter how many unsuccessful transfers you have. Our previous clinic discounted the transfer fee approximately 25% after each unsuccessful transfer.

2 Eggs Frozen
Dr. Noorhasan knew my husband and me and really care about results and outcomes...Dr. Noorhasan is friendly but can be stern. She tells you all risks and is not afraid to tell you when your decision is not best for optimal outcome. She performed all tests and my egg retrieval. I had to reschedule my embryo transfer because I was activated by the military and she was very concerned and helpful...She is about to leave Fertility Specialist of Texas so you will not be able to choose her as a dr but I recommend the clinic!
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] offered military discount which was greatly appreciated...If you call the front desk, they are extremely helpful. I had great experience with the billing department. I love this clinic...The staff knew my name and I never felt like they were just talking from my chart, they knew my diagnosis and story...I couldn't have asked for a better nurse. Jami was quick to answer all my questions and explain everything with much detail. When we got bad news she knew just how to tell us and what to do next. I am so thankful for her and her skill.
2 Eggs Frozen
The staff knew my name and I never felt like they were just talking from my chart, they knew my diagnosis and story. My nurse, Jami, and Dr. Noorhasan knew my husband and me and really care about results and outcomes
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Jami)
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic offered military discount which was greatly appreciated, compared to other clinics it was comparable and even cheaper than others.
Describe Dorette Noorhasan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dr. Noorhasan recommended transferring 2 embryos but that is also all we got so that terrified my husband and I. We have chosen to transfer 1

2013 - 2017
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Goldstein is quirky and slightly antisocial, but is incredibly intelligent, compassionate and dedicated. He's sometimes hard to understand, due to a slight speech impediment. However, he's highly skilled and I'm astounded by his knowledge in his field. He's an incredible physician and truly loves his patients and his practice....If you want the best, Dr. Goldstein is exactly that. If you're needing a hand holder, he's probably not going to be a fit, personality wise. He has great compassion, but is more clinical in his approach. However, his nurses are incredible at filling the gap.
The Dallas and Frisco offices are incredibly busy. Wait times can be long. Nurses are great! Phlebotomists are incredible. Charlotte in the Frisco office is great at difficult blood draws. Other doctors in the practice are awesome as well!! The embryologist, Dr. Guerrero is one of my all time favorite people....Kelly is the most amazing nurse I've ever had. She truly loves her patients and is familiar with their treatment cycle. After not seeing her for about a year she recognized me in a public setting and ran to embrace me. A truly incredible nur
2013 - 2017
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
I was always treated warmly but felt not important during the time we waited to find out if our ectopic pregnancy was viable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Moore)
Kelly is the most amazing nurse I've ever had. She truly loves her patients and is familiar with their treatment cycle. After not seeing her for about a year she recognized me in a public setting and ran to embrace me. A truly incredible nurse!!

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Dr Noorhasan was always easy to talk to. She answered my questions, she was always concerned about my feelings and mental state during the process. She laughed with me and she show compassion when I lost my twins at nine weeks. She reassured me that I did nothing wrong....Dr Noorhassan was always comforting. She never sugar coated anything...I took Ganirellix 6 boxes, menopur, lupron, follistim 900 iu and 300 iu progesterone, baby aspirin. Estrogen pills
They [Fert Specialists of TX] have a lot of patients so the wait time can vary. If you need time to talk they will definately give you time for questions or concerns...Everyone knew me by name. And were always pleasant...[nurse] Jamie always responded quickly. She answered my questions. They knew me by name. When i lost my babies Jamie called me after hours to let me know she was thinking of me...
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
The advice i would give to stay positive and be patient.
Dr Noorhassan was always comforting. She never sugar coated anything. Everyone knew me by name. And were always pleasant
Describe the protocols Dorette Noorhasan used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
I am not sure of the protocol name, but I think it was Agonists. I took Ganirellix 6 boxes, menopur, lupron, follistim 900 iu and 300 iu progesterone, baby aspirin. Estrogen pills
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Jamie )
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They have a lot of patients so the wait time can vary. If you need time to talk they will definately give you time for questions or concerns.
I told my doctor how many embryos i wanted to transfer. She was ok with it because of my age. I am 37.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Dr. Goldstein and all of his staff made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable.... Dr. Goldstein is very good at what he does! My husband and I came in feeling very nervous and he set our mind at ease. Very friendly and compassionate. Not only that, he explained everything in detail and answered all of our questions. We were not rushed out of the office — we felt very at home and like we’ve k own him for years. Just a wonderful man.
Minimal wait time. Very friendly staff, nurses and doctor Goldstein is wonderful! Very comfortable environment and everyone was very welcoming from the beginning and each time we’ve been to the office. My husband and I are very glad that we chose Fertility Specialists of TX and especially Dr. Goldstein.... We were quoted around 2k for our IUI not including medication... [Nursing Staff] Very friendly and knowledgeable !
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Very friendly and knowledgeable !
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
$60 copay and some charges for blood work. We were quoted around 2k for our IUI not including medication
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr Noorhasan is knowledgable and knows her limitations as well. We do not present as a typical infertility case, and rather than continue on the same course of treatment, she has recommended a third opinion that is not standard of care knowing that it could help us achieve our goal of having a baby. She has also presented us with other options for treatment such as using a gestational carrier should we choose to go that route instead.
Dr noorhasan [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] is knowledgable and knows her limitations as well. We do not present as a typical infertility case, and rather than continue on the same course of treatment, she has recommended a third opinion that is not standard of care knowing that it could help us achieve our goal of having a baby. She has also presented us with other options for treatment such as using a gestational carrier should we choose to go that route instead.
Male Factor, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr noorhasan is knowledgable and knows her limitations as well. We do not present as a typical infertility case, and rather than continue on the same course of treatment, she has recommended a third opinion that is not standard of care knowing that it could help us achieve our goal of having a baby. She has also presented us with other options for treatment such as using a gestational carrier should we choose to go that route instead.
Dr. Noorhasan and her staff are respectful of my privacy and give specific instructions for each phase of my visits. She has managed my miscarriages with the utmost care and tact.
IVF with ICSI and PGS testing of our embryos. We already had done IVF and were unsuccessful so it made sense to try again with more information about our embryos. We still did not achieve our goal of having a baby but it appears that I may not be able to carry a baby due to uterine issues that are unknown at this point.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
This clinic has a very strong embryology lab and team.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
[Dr. Jerald Goldstein] is very intelligent and clearly tries to do what is best for his patients. He can be a little difficult to follow at times, and I had to push for time to ask questions. He's not a super warm and fuzzy person, which is okay with me, but not for everyone...Be prepared to advocate for yourself...I had to remind him of details about my situation, and corrected him a few times... I struggled to get clear answers to issues with my medications needing to be sent to specific pharmacies.
I had a lot of miscommunication with nurses [at Fertility Specialists of Texas]. They made mistakes on my medications and did not anyways return my calls. I struggled to get clear answers to issues with my medications needing to be sent to specific pharmacies...I like having multiple locations, but it's very frustrating that you can only call the Frisco office. Having multiple offices was a big part of the miscommunication I experienced, as I rarely even saw my primary nurses.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr Goldstein is very intelligent and clearly tries to do what is best for his patients. He can be a little difficult to follow at times, and I had to push for time to ask questions. He's not a super warm and fuzzy person, which is okay with me, but not for everyone.
Be prepared to advocate for yourself.
I had a lot of miscommunication with nurses. They made mistakes on my medications and did not anyways return my calls. I struggled to get clear answers to issues with my medications needing to be sent to specific pharmacies.
Dallas

She [Dr. Dorette Noorhasan] is a good doctor with a lot of patience and is able to explain treatments. We enjoyed the experience, but due to excessive stress in my job the treatment did not work for us. We are in the process of trying again for the last time...We had a multiple embryos transfer...She did explain all the treatments and procedures to us. She made us feel good about the decision we were making at that time.
My nurse [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] was excellent she kept in touch through the process and was accessible for any questions I had...I like the clinic because it was close to my job at that time. The only problem is I wished they had working hours after 5 pm or weekends. The other problem was the surgery center is located in Frisco which is a little far for me...She [Dr. Dorette Noorhasan] is a good doctor with a lot of patience and is able to explain treatments.
She is a good doctor with a lot of patience and is able to explain treatments. We enjoyed the experience, but due to excessive stress in my job the treatment did not work for us. We are in the process of trying again for the last time.
Ask questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morton )
My nurse was excellent she kept in touch through the process and was accessible for any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I believe $8900 for the treatment, $500 for anesthesia, and almost $5000 for medication. My insurance took care of diagnosis, blood work and ultrasound
We had a multiple embryos transfer

2019 - 2020
He [Dr. Jerald Goldstein] was always in a rush and never could remember details of my case. He asked me the same questions each time as if it was our first visit...was very difficult to understand. He was all over the place and he never remembered details about my case. I had to remind him every time. Transfer went terribly. He is not a warm and fuzzy doctor. He is awkward and made me feel uncomfortable...Basic IVF protocol. I retrieved 5 eggs and those 5 eggs produced 2 pgs tested embryos. We lost our boy embryo due to a terrible transfer from Dr. Goldstien. The embryologist however was amazing.
They [nurses at Fertility Specialists of Texas] came across like I was putting them out when reaching out to them. They were not warm at all...Hardly anyone smiles and welcomes you. The energy that all of the employees had was awful. Dr. Goldstein is VERY difficult to understand and talks in circles and broken sentences. I could barely follow what he was saying. I had to repeat my case to him almost every time I saw him. On 3 different occasions I waited with my pants off in a treatment room for over 30 min. It was mortifying. There was no warmth or feel that they wanted this as bad as I did. I felt like a number and they barely knew my name. The only positive thing I can say about this clinic is the embryologist was amazing. He gave me two beautiful embryos, but I lost our boy embryo due tp Dr. Goldstein botching my transfer.
2019 - 2020
Dr. Goldstein was very difficult to understand. He was all over the place and he never remembered details about my case. I had to remind him every time. Transfer went terribly. He is not a warm and fuzzy doctor. He is awkward and made me feel uncomfortable.
Do your homework and skip this clinic unless you want to feel confused and uncomfortable. The whole practice seems to be very disorganized.
He was always in a rush and never could remember details of my case. He asked me the same questions each time as if it was our first visit.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Amanda and Charlotte)
Amanda and Maureen were awful. They came across like I was putting them out when reaching out to them. They were not warm at all. That is the main quality a nurse should have.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic seems very dysfunctional. From the front office to the nurses. Hardly anyone smiles and welcomes you. The energy that all of the employees had was awful. Dr. Goldstein is VERY difficult to understand and talks in circles and broken sentences. I could barely follow what he was saying. I had to repeat my case to him almost every time I saw him. On 3 different occasions I waited with my pants off in a treatment room for over 30 min. It was mortifying. There was no warmth or feel that they wanted this as bad as I did. I felt like a number and they barely knew my name. The only positive thing I can say about this clinic is the embryologist was amazing. He gave me two beautiful embryos, but I lost our boy embryo due tp Dr. Goldstein botching my transfer.
Frisco

Time with the doctor [Dr. Jerald Goldstein] felt a little rushed and awkward...I do trust his medical opinions and abilities...He presents himself professionally which maintains my confidence in him. He seems a little socially awkward but by no means was ever rude or unprofessional in his communication. He didn't display any "lovey-dovey" coddling but at the same time wasn't exactly blunt when giving information...[protocol was Standard IVF].
The staff [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] was coordinated making the most of our time there valuable. Everyone was friendly and professional. Thorough explanations of what to expect during the visit, the whole process, and communication moving forward. I felt more comfortable with our coordinator than the doctor which was more important to me because the coordinator is our point of contact and I really just need the doctor to perform medicine.
He presents himself professionally which maintains my confidence in him. He seems a little socially awkward but by no means was ever rude or unprofessional in his communication. He didn't display any "lovey-dovey" coddling but at the same time wasn't exactly blunt when giving information. I made it apparent I had done my research ahead of time so he didn't dive into too much detail when talking however I never spoke up to say I wanted more information either even though I did. I do trust his medical opinions and abilities.
Look at his stats before going in to the office.
The office staff were very personable and caring. Time with the doctor felt a little rushed and awkward. We knew this going in but chose him because of his stats.
Standard IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The staff was coordinated making the most of our time there valuable. Everyone was friendly and professional. Thorough explanations of what to expect during the visit, the whole process, and communication moving forward. I felt more comfortable with our coordinator than the doctor which was more important to me because the coordinator is our point of contact and I really just need the doctor to perform medicine.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic was clean and office staff were friendly. Plenty of parking and easy to get to within the building. Office staff were prepared for our arrival with paperwork and working with the insurance companies. The waiting room is a little small and filled up quick so grab a seat while you can.
TBD. Hard to get exact numbers for expenses from the clinic.
He gave us the option of both but counseled for SET. He said they won't do more than 2 and highly suggest only doing 1.
Frisco

The strategy [of Dr. Rebecca Chilvers] was to test all aspects to see what was going on and why we couldn't conceive naturally. During all internal sonograms, she was very careful to examine thoroughly to make sure nothing was overlooked. So far, we are satisfied that we finally have a doctor that not only listens to us, but also willing to help us better understand so that we can fulfill our dreams...is very compassionate to our case. Willing to dig further for better explanation rather than us feeling like we have a doctor that wanted to hurry through. She was always patient and willing to thoroughly explain each result of testing.
Each team member I have encountered [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] has been AMAZING... Each one willing to take the time to assist me any way they can so that my dreams can become reality one day...Initial consultation, lab tests, blood draws, sonograms. Roughly $1,500. Ivf process and medications without any discounts will run about $20,000.00...email is a great way to communicate so you can get a timely response and it is in writing. This is helpful if you are a "Pre-Planner" like myself.
Latino, Native American
How was your experience with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
She is willing to take on our case and research further to better understand the rarity of our issues. She did not sugar coat things, which made for a very honest and trusting doctor. One that was willing to be upfront and honest, one that was willing to sit and truly listen to our concerns, one that took the extra time to make sure we fully understood lab results and what our options were. During tests she performed, she was always cautious of my comfort so not to cause any more discomfort than what already I had been through.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
My one piece of advice, be willing to ask questions when unsure rather than be afraid to ask. She is VERY knowledgeable and willing to help.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Chilvers is very compassionate to our case. Willing to dig further for better explanation rather than us feeling like we have a doctor that wanted to hurry through. She was always patient and willing to thoroughly explain each result of testing.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chilvers used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
The strategy was to test all aspects to see what was going on and why we couldn't conceive naturally. During all internal sonograms, she was very careful to examine thoroughly to make sure nothing was overlooked. So far, we are satisfied that we finally have a doctor that not only listens to us, but also willing to help us better understand so that we can fulfill our dreams.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Rachel Griffin)
Each team member I have encountered has been AMAZING... Each one willing to take the time to assist me any way they can so that my dreams can become reality one day.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
New patients, I recommend to keep in mind that patience always helps. If needing additional information, email is a great way to communicate so you can get a timely response and it is in writing. This is helpful if you are a "Pre-Planner" like myself.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Initial consultation, lab tests, blood draws, sonograms. Roughly $1,500. Ivf process and medications without any discounts will run about $20,000.00 (not started just yet, due to needing to save funds)
Describe Rebecca Chilvers's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I dont have any comments at this time. We have not made it that far.
Frisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

2016 - 2019
Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Goldstein is not a naturally warm or friendly person. He is extremely task and detail driven and focused on what he's doing. However, in the 1.5 years we got treatment with him, we learned that under that analytical exterior is a person who actually cares about his patients. He apologized for not being there for our miscarriage (it happened over Christmas- he was out of town- his colleague worked with us), and treated me with kindness, empathy, and respect.
They [Fertility Specialists of Texas] always answer the phone! IF there is an issue with anyone in the clinic, tell your doctor and they will totally address it- potentially even in front of you. ... Everyone that I worked with was always friendly and helpful. The financial advisor was also helpful. The front desk always answers the phone!! Our nurse was really helpful and punctual with calendars most of the time. ... Appointment wait time can be extremely slow, but the care is great. They're open most Saturdays too.
2016 - 2019
European, Latino
Tubal Blockage, Other
Dr. Goldstein is not warm or fuzzy. He's analytical and detail and task oriented. He is super focused. Beneath all of that he does really care about the successes of his patients. He always explained everything to me clearly and apologized and (tried to) show empathy when things didn't go well.
Have patience for his mannerisms. I truly think that human emotions are not his strong suit but he does care.
We did an egg retrieval in 2016. From what I remember, I did birth control, then Follistem and Menopur shots every day and something else that I can't remember. We triggered with Lupron and had success- 26 eggs, 12 embryos. We took a break to prevent OHSS and then transferred two embryos (our request) after birth control, estrogen, and progesterone. I got pregnant and miscarried twins at 6 weeks. I had a massive SCH and no other apparent reason for miscarrying. I had a D & C. We took a break, then transferred two more embryos with the same previous protocol. I got pregnant with twins- one twin was viable, the other wasn't, and gave birth to my daughter 9 months later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: We saw them for a couple years, so we had two that we worked with: Brandy and Tiecha)
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They always answer the phone! IF there is an issue with anyone in the clinic, tell your doctor and they will totally address it- potentially even in front of you. Appointment wait time can be extremely slow, but the care is great. They're open most Saturdays too.
IVF, one cycle: 15,000 or so (don't totally remember) Meds: 5,000 Transfer (with meds): 5,500
Our doctor advised us of the risks of transferring two versus one but ultimately left the decision to us.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
He [Dr. Goldstein] didn't explain anything. He asked a couple of questions, looked at the surveys we had filled out before coming in, and said he recommended we try IVF after only a few minutes with him. ... The one test he performed on me was botched, stupidly painful, and he couldn't even interpret the results. ... No information! No questions answered. ... He would tell his nurse to answer our questions, but she didn't know the information. It was an awful experience.
The person who checks you in is generally very friendly and polite, although they [Fertility Specialists of Texas] have a new person who was not as friendly. The billing staff is AWFUL and very rude and condescending. ... They ridicule patients, insult them, talk down to them. It's frustrating and depressing and not helpful at all. The sonogram nurse is great. The phlebotomist is great. Several of the nurses are very friendly and helpful. But the overall experience is a nightmare.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I think I covered a lot of this in the question regarding why I felt like a number. He does not provide any information at all. He doesn't answer questions. He is difficult to even meet with, and when you can schedule a meeting, it lasts for less than 15 minutes and he directs you to talk to his nurse instead. The one test he performed on me was botched, stupidly painful, and he couldn't even interpret the results. He kept changing his mind on what the results might could mean.
Don't go! Don't see him!
Dr. Goldstein met with myself and my partner on my first visit, and the meeting was amazingly fast. He didn't explain anything. He asked a couple of questions, looked at the surveys we had filled out before coming in, and said he recommended we try IVF after only a few minutes with him. We tried asking questions but he wouldn't answer. He said we could try IUI if IVF was too expensive. Said we needed to do some tests, and then the meeting ended. No information! No questions answered. And all subsequent interactions were similar. He would tell his nurse to answer our questions, but she didn't know the information. It was an awful experience.
He started off using a combination of pills and injections, on really low dosages. He upped the dosages throughout the first cycle but never got to where it needed to be. On the second cycle, he started out with high dosages and the result was a cancelled cycle.
The nursing staff shunts you off to someone else. They ignore your questions or act put out if they get hard pressed to actually answer. They treat patients with condescension and insult them for the very reason they are at the clinic. It's really depressing. The office staff was worse...
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The person who checks you in is generally very friendly and polite, although they have a new person who was not as friendly. The billing staff is AWFUL and very rude and condescending. The rest of the staff varies. For as stressful as everything is, you'd think that customer service would be a priority, but it really isn't. They ridicule patients, insult them, talk down to them. It's frustrating and depressing and not helpful at all. The sonogram nurse is great. The phlebotomist is great. Several of the nurses are very friendly and helpful. But the overall experience is a nightmare.
The IUI cycles cost $1300 plus the additional expenses of medication (which ranged about $2500 per cycle)

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Very rarely, during my cycle, was Dr. Chilvers available...for someone over 40, she had 0 ability to customize a treatment plan that would provide the best chance of a positive outcome. Other clinics will provide a list of supplements including DHEA, which has shown positive scientific results in treatment of AMA patients. Dr. Chilvers put me on a standard cycle, with just greater dosages. I'd have preferred it if she admitted that 40+ wasn't her expertise and referred me to one of the other doctors in her practice, perhaps, but there didn't seem to be that type of collaboration inside the practice, either.
Was left a message [by Fertility Specialists of Texas] on a Sunday that my embryo died and that it was on me to make a follow-up appointment...Brandy [nurse] was a terrible communicator. When doing the all-important every-other-day ultrasounds, couldn't consistently get a view of both ovaries. Led to a lot of confusion around what results to expect come retrieval time. Felt like nursing staff could have been more compassionate, overall.
European, Other
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
I don't think Dr. Chilvers is suited to this particular sector of the profession. She has other skills, of course, and I think she is/would be a great OB/GYN, but became an RE due to financial reasons. She has never been in the chair herself, so she has no great personal belief in the outcomes. And for someone over 40, she had 0 ability to customize a treatment plan that would provide the best chance of a positive outcome. Other clinics will provide a list of supplements including DHEA, which has shown positive scientific results in treatment of AMA patients. Dr. Chilvers put me on a standard cycle, with just greater dosages. I'd have preferred it if she admitted that 40+ wasn't her expertise and referred me to one of the other doctors in her practice, perhaps, but there didn't seem to be that type of collaboration inside the practice, either.
If you are over 40, go somewhere else. Period. If you're under 40, review the SART rates, and ask for more information about their lab. Also, ask ask ask about supplements you can take to increase your chances. Additionally, consider what it means to treat the WHOLE you throughout this process. There are IVF meditiations on apps for your iPhone, see a counselor. This is hard. Do things to take care of YOU throughout this process and find the right doctor that supports you.
Very rarely, during my cycle, was Dr. Chilvers available. I saw only her staff 90% of the time. I'd get whichever doctor was on call on Saturdays. Her nurse, Brandy, was belligerent and would not explain things in ways that I could understand. Dr. Chilvers often provided evasive answers.
375 gonal F, 150 menopur. Day 5 start of Cetrotide. Ovadril trigger shot. THERE WAS NO RATIONALE provided. Results: 5 mature follicles. 2 retrieved, 3 "stuck to wall" (Dr. Goeffrey Sher has a blog post on why that likely happens in AMA women: https://drgeoffreysherivf.com/implications-of-empty-follicle-syndrome-and-premature-luteinization/). Notice that in 2015, this Doctor wrote about how LH hormone could be the issue with egg quality in stim cycles for AMA patients. Now, look back at my treatment plan: double the LH hormone from Day 1. No ICSI recommended by doctor, so 1 fertilized, poor quality embryo; didn't make it to Day 5. Was left a message on a Sunday that my embryo died and that it was on me to make a follow-up appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandy)
I think, overall, they tried hard. I believe they meant well. There was ONE lady there who had been there over 14 years, assigned to Dr. Goldstein - she was a gem. The rest of them.... Brandy was a terrible communicator. When doing the all-important every-other-day ultrasounds, couldn't consistently get a view of both ovaries. Led to a lot of confusion around what results to expect come retrieval time. Felt like nursing staff could have been more compassionate, overall.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They have a quality facility, and good SART rates for the easy stuff - younger mothers with unexplained infertility. If you're local and young, this is a great choice. I also understand that they have an in-house fresh donor egg program. If you're looking for this option, that's a nice offering over dealing with outside agencies.
I remember most of the testing being over $1000 each, which meant over $300 out of pocket for an HSG, ultrasound, etc. Claims were delayed in hitting my insurance for some reason, so monies paid toward my deductible weren't being counted when they would talk to me about my OOP for pharmacy and IVF treatment. It was frustrating.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Chilvers is makes me feel comfortable and is very good at explaining what she thinks is the best course of treatment for our infertility. We are just starting our first IVF cycle and I am very excited that she is in the drivers seat! Also, to note... she is great at referencing pictures to show exactly what she is talking about. Both my husband and I are visual learners and it is great to be able to picture what she's talking about each visit.
Everyone at the clinic [Fertility Specialists of TX- Frisco] is super helpful and we even had a meeting with an insurance advocate there which was super helpful for us in understanding what (little) coverage we have for infertility. The mornings can get super crowded in the waiting room but that's because labs are done before 9am. I'd say if you're not there for labs try to schedule appointments later in the day.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Send all of your information beforehand from past doctors/diagnosis'/surgeries/OBGYN reports, as she is a thorough note taker and this will save time.
Dr. Chilvers is very kind and friendly right off the bat. It is very apparent that she loves what she does and takes the time to ask a lot of questions and takes notes for reference at the next appointment. Never once have I felt like she didn't remember me or our situation. I am very comfortable with the IVF cycle we are beginning with her and putting our future in her hands.
We are proceeding w/IVF as this is our best option due to us both having issues. My husband has been diagnosed with vericole so his swimmers are abnormal, and I have endometriosis w/cysts which I've already had to have surgery on once before due to intense pain. We are also going to do ICSI and genetic testing to ensure we are transferring the best possible embryos.
Brandy has been super helpful w/my calendar and teaching me how to do my shots. She gets back with me ASAP when I leave her messages or email her. I really like her!
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Everyone at the clinic is super helpful and we even had a meeting with an insurance advocate there which was super helpful for us in understanding what (little) coverage we have for infertility. The mornings can get super crowded in the waiting room but that's because labs are done before 9am. I'd say if you're not there for labs try to schedule appointments later in the day.
Oocyte Retrieval - $2655, ICSI - $1500, PGS - $2500, Assisted Hatching - $360, Embryo Freezing $900, Embryo Transfer $423, Embryo Thaw $216, not including any meds from pharmacy
Dr. Chilvers only does one at a time to ensure a healthy pregnancy and baby. I am absolutely on board with this as I want the same. I think this is a great practice!

2011 - 2018
Once the treatment cycle started he [Dr. Jerald Goldstein] was very uninvolved. I had to have an extra day of monitoring and he saw me for that ultrasound. During the ultrasound I explained to him that the tech had trouble with finding my ovaries with the probe and had to look on top. Instead of trying that, he proceeded to use the probe no matter how uncomfortable it was. I was literally crying from the pain. He not once apologized. He then very bluntly made a very discouraging remark and told me that I can continue the cycle if I wanted but not to expect a favorable result. I left in pain and feeling very discouraged.
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of TX-Frisco] initially had me scheduled for an IUI but it should have been timed intercourse as discussed with the doctor. During my CD3 visit I spent 1 hour going back and forth with the office staff, biiling, and administrator about my agreed upon treatment. I was told that I had to do IUI since I am in a same sex marriage. After discussing discrimination I was allowed to move forward. My protocol was never communicated to office staff so each appointment I spent 30+ minutes explaining to staff that the records are incorrect. They ended up billing me and my insurance company for almost double what I should have been charged. The issue was never resolved and my cycle was canceled the day of my beta.
2011 - 2018
Dr. Goldstein is very thorough during the initial visit. He explained my treatment options and allowed me to decide what option was best for me. Once the treatment cycle started he was very uninvolved. I had to have an extra day of monitoring and he saw me for that ultrasound. During the ultrasound I explained to him that the tech had trouble with finding my ovaries with the probe and had to look on top. Instead of trying that, he proceeded to use the probe no matter how uncomfortable it was. I was literally crying from the pain. He not once apologized. He then very bluntly made a very discouraging remark and told me that I can continue the cycle if I wanted but not to expect a favorable result. I left in pain and feeling very discouraged.
Catch him on a good day.
The initial consultation was very thorough. We discussed my medical history in great detail and came up with a plan of action. Each appointment during my treatment cycle felt rushed. The nurses and techs were great but Dr. Goldstein was not receptive to my concerns or comfort.
I was diagnosed with PCOS so we started off semi-aggressive since I did not respond to Clomid in the last. My treatment included CD3 baseline and ultrasound, Femara 5mg CD3-7, Follistim 75 iu CD6 and CD8. I went in for CD10 bloodwork and ultrasound and was instructed to take another 75iu of Follistim that day and come back CD11 for another day of bloodwork and ultrasound as the folliclegrowth was slow but steady. On CD11, I was instructed to take the last 75iu of Follistim and trigger shot on CD12 with timed intercourse 24 and 36 hours later. Beta was scheduled for CD28
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic and billing staff are unorganized and rude. The staff do not communicate with each other. My billing issue was never resolved which resulted in the cancellation of my treatment on the day of my scheduled Beta.
The global out of pocket cost for timed intercourse was $730 and the global IUI fee was $1300
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic initially had me scheduled for an IUI but it should have been timed intercourse as discussed with the doctor. During my CD3 visit I spent 1 hour going back and forth with the office staff, biiling, and administrator about my agreed upon treatment. I was told that I had to do IUI since I am in a same sex marriage. After discussing discrimination I was allowed to move forward. My protocol was never communicated to office staff so each appointment I spent 30+ minutes explaining to staff that the records are incorrect. They ended up billing me and my insurance company for almost double what I should have been charged. The issue was never resolved and my cycle was canceled the day of my beta.
Frisco

Dr. Chilvers did an excellent job working with our diagnoses and preferences to come up with q successful protocol to make us pregnant. She didnt ask us to waste time and money with IUIs. She always explained exactly what she was doing and the scientific reasoning behind it. Everything she did was research based and thorough. She is friendly and professional...My eggs were fertilized via ICSI due to make factor infertility. We ended up freezing 10 high quality embryos and did a transfer cycle some months later. Our first transfer was successful.
Every member of staff [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] was always friendly and accommodating. Although the office was busy, we never felt rushed during our appointments and all of our questions were thoroughly answered. The staff was overjoyed when we got our positive result...The entire nursing staff was very friendly and my personal nurse always answered my questions promptly...We were using insurance, and the financial staff rarely could answer our questions about what expenses were expected. We wanted to do pGS testing and were originally told our insurance would cover it, but then mid cycle we had to cancel this procedure because we were then told that insurance would not cover it because the lab doesn't accept insurance and we would need to cash up front.
Trust the process. This clinic and doctor know exactly what they are doing and will take every measure to increase your chances of success.
Every member of staff was always friendly and accommodating. Although the office was busy, we never felt rushed during our appointments and all of our questions were thoroughly answered. The staff was overjoyed when we got our positive result.
We did a freeze all IVF retrieval cycle, because of my high risk of OHSS and because success rates are higher with frozen embryos than fresh. I do not feel comfortable noting my exact medications, and regardless these will be tailored to your specific circumstances. My eggs were fertilized via ICSI due to make factor infertility. We ended up freezing 10 high quality embryos and did a transfer cycle some months later. Our first transfer was successful. We did a down regulated cycle leading up to transfer.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is well organized and very clean, but can be very busy. There were a few times that we waited well over our appointment time to be seen. However, everyone we met at the clinic was very friendly and helpful. We were using insurance, and the financial staff rarely could answer our questions about what expenses were expected. We wanted to do pGS testing and were originally told our insurance would cover it, but then mid cycle we had to cancel this procedure because we were then told that insurance would not cover it because the lab doesn't accept insurance and we would need to cash up front.
We used insurance coverage to cover most of our cycle. We paid copayments per visit and about 3k in medication costs (our insurance covered 5k and the 3k is what was remaining of the balance.) We never knew what amounts to expect to pay for each procedure until after it had gone through insurance. We did receive an additional bill for $400 months after our transfer was completed.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Jerald was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We never felt rushed or like we were on the clock. When we received devastating results, he assured us we would put together a plan to have a family.... He made sure to take plenty of time to sit and talk to us and try to connect with us. We weren’t just in and out of the office. He was thorough and when he confirmed the loss of my fertility, he was very caring and assured me we’d put together a plan.
When I first started on the estrogen, it made me very sick. The nurse [Fertility Specialists of Texas] called me and emailed me to check on me. She also offered (free of charge) to hold a conference call with my sisters (potential egg donors) and mom to answer questions, address concerns, etc.... The only complaint I have is the person that discussed our insurance coverage wasn’t extremely empathetic.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Ask a lot of questions and don’t hesitate to have him explain if you don’t understand something.
Since we have to use an egg donor and aren’t to that place yet, I can’t answer fully. He did prescribe me estrogen though to get my cycles back to normal and he also redid all blood tests to confirm the diagnosis.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
When I first started on the estrogen, it made me very sick. The nurse called me and emailed me to check on me. She also offered (free of charge) to hold a conference call with my sisters (potential egg donors) and mom to answer questions, address concerns, etc. It meant so much to not only myself but my family.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The only complaint I have is the person that discussed our insurance coverage wasn’t extremely empathetic. It was like a job interview. Would have liked to seen more compassion. The rest of the clinic, however, was extremely compassionate and friendly. Made you feel at home during an hard time.
Since we basically went to get confirmed results and out a plan together, our insurance covered majority of the basic visit. If we were to move forward with the donor egg/transfer/embryo transfer, our out of pocket costs would be around $14,000 with insurance.
Due to my autoimmune disease (Addison’s Disease) he suggested a single embryo transfer since my body can’t handle additional stress. I was surprised he knew about this rare disease and appreciated his honesty.
Frisco

I saw the doctor [Dr. Goldstein] very few times. I also got the impression that my treatment was a track set for all patients and not customized.... Because I was expected to respond to the same treatment as other patients, and my body did not conform to that idea, I was only able to complete ONE IUI with him over the course of 7 months I was with his clinic. It wasn't until I went to a different clinic that I found out there were other options for my treatment timeline.
There were so many of them [nurses at Fertility Specialists of Texas] so I saw someone different every time. All were generally friendly...The clinic is well known in this area so it attracts patients from near and far...Every time I went to the office (over 30 minutes from my home) I sat in a waiting room with many other people. When I did finally go back, I saw a nurse rather than the doctor. I saw the doctor very few times. I also got the impression that my treatment was a track set for all patients and not customized.
Dr. Goldstein is no doubt a highly skilled professional and also a very good businessman with multiple locations and an army of staff. In my initial interactions with him I was impressed with his knowledge and confidence in my chances of getting pregnant. Over the course of my time with his clinic, I became increasingly frustrated with the lack of guidance I needed in my protocol, during and in between cycles. Because I was expected to respond to the same treatment as other patients, and my body did not conform to that idea, I was only able to complete ONE IUI with him over the course of 7 months I was with his clinic. It wasn't until I went to a different clinic that I found out there were other options for my treatment timeline.
Advocate for yourself while communicating the need for data-driven medical advice.
HSG and blood tests initially, Follistim and Letrozole simultaneously during cycles. When I wouldn't start my cycles on time I was put on birth control and after I decided I no longer wanted to do that because of negative reactions to the birth control, I was put on prometrium which also did not work. After that I was told I would just have to wait until it started on it's own.
There were so many of them so I saw someone different every time. All were generally friendly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is well known in this area so it attracts patients from near and far. Dr. Goldstein is touted as being the best of the best and you can see that in the number of people that are in the clinic at any given time - patients and staff.
My insurance partially covers IUI up to 6 times. I paid around $100 every visit.