Genetic counseling: Offered
South Lake
540 East Southlake Blvd
Southlake, TX 76092
817-251-3553
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fertility Specialists of Texas to a friend?

7.3

2016 - 2019
Tubal Blockage, Other
They [Fertility Specialists of Texas] always answer the phone! IF there is an issue with anyone in the clinic, tell your doctor and they will totally address it- potentially even in front of you. ... Everyone that I worked with was always friendly and helpful. The financial advisor was also helpful. The front desk always answers the phone!! Our nurse was really helpful and punctual with calendars most of the time. ... Appointment wait time can be extremely slow, but the care is great. They're open most Saturdays too.
2016 - 2019
European, Latino
Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They always answer the phone! IF there is an issue with anyone in the clinic, tell your doctor and they will totally address it- potentially even in front of you. Appointment wait time can be extremely slow, but the care is great. They're open most Saturdays too.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Goldstein is not a naturally warm or friendly person. He is extremely task and detail driven and focused on what he's doing. However, in the 1.5 years we got treatment with him, we learned that under that analytical exterior is a person who actually cares about his patients. He apologized for not being there for our miscarriage (it happened over Christmas- he was out of town- his colleague worked with us), and treated me with kindness, empathy, and respect.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: We saw them for a couple years, so we had two that we worked with: Brandy and Tiecha)
How was your experience with Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Goldstein is not warm or fuzzy. He's analytical and detail and task oriented. He is super focused. Beneath all of that he does really care about the successes of his patients. He always explained everything to me clearly and apologized and (tried to) show empathy when things didn't go well.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Have patience for his mannerisms. I truly think that human emotions are not his strong suit but he does care.
Describe the protocols Jerald Goldstein used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
We did an egg retrieval in 2016. From what I remember, I did birth control, then Follistem and Menopur shots every day and something else that I can't remember. We triggered with Lupron and had success- 26 eggs, 12 embryos. We took a break to prevent OHSS and then transferred two embryos (our request) after birth control, estrogen, and progesterone. I got pregnant and miscarried twins at 6 weeks. I had a massive SCH and no other apparent reason for miscarrying. I had a D & C. We took a break, then transferred two more embryos with the same previous protocol. I got pregnant with twins- one twin was viable, the other wasn't, and gave birth to my daughter 9 months later.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
IVF, one cycle: 15,000 or so (don't totally remember) Meds: 5,000 Transfer (with meds): 5,500
Describe Jerald Goldstein's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Our doctor advised us of the risks of transferring two versus one but ultimately left the decision to us.
Frisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jerald Goldstein at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

I feel everything is going well with this clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas]. Everyone is pretty attentive and is there for any questions or concerns. They try and work with you with financial responsibilities, which is a huge plus because it gets very stressful at times. Everyone is really nice.... All the nurses have been wonderful. But I do feel Amanda could be a little more communicative. When I can't speak to her I talk to Heidi, she's been great.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I feel everything is going well with this clinic. Everyone is pretty attentive and is there for any questions or concerns. They try and work with you with financial responsibilities, which is a huge plus because it gets very stressful at times. Everyone is really nice.
Dr. Goldstein has been nothing but great through out this whole process. I was referred to him by a friend who was a previous patient of his. His bedside manner is wonderful, he goes into everything in detail, listens to all your questions and concerns. I'm very pleased with choosing him as my RE.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Amanda)
I've had several miscarriages, like more than 5 with two tubal removals (hence why I have to do IVF) as well, as a premature labor resulting in birth and death of our daughter all between 2006 - 2014. Dr. Goldstein has shown concern as to why I've had reoccurring miscarriages. He is the ONLY Dr to actually take the time to try and figure out why and seen I had uterine polyps/fibroids and removed them. No other Dr has ever even mentioned those or that, that could be a possibility as to why I was having multiple losses. That meant so much to me and I couldn't thank him enough to take the time and actually care about my well being and not just rush into doing IVF.
Easier said than done, but don't be scared or nervous. He truly has your well being at heart.
I have not started my stims yet. I will start those Friday morning 2.8.19. But as of right now my protocol is to start menopur in the early a.m at 75iu and Follistim in the evening at 225 I believe.
I'm currently waiting for my financial responsibilities break down.
We have not discussed that yet.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The person who checks you in is generally very friendly and polite, although they [Fertility Specialists of Texas] have a new person who was not as friendly. The billing staff is AWFUL and very rude and condescending. ... They ridicule patients, insult them, talk down to them. It's frustrating and depressing and not helpful at all. The sonogram nurse is great. The phlebotomist is great. Several of the nurses are very friendly and helpful. But the overall experience is a nightmare.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The person who checks you in is generally very friendly and polite, although they have a new person who was not as friendly. The billing staff is AWFUL and very rude and condescending. The rest of the staff varies. For as stressful as everything is, you'd think that customer service would be a priority, but it really isn't. They ridicule patients, insult them, talk down to them. It's frustrating and depressing and not helpful at all. The sonogram nurse is great. The phlebotomist is great. Several of the nurses are very friendly and helpful. But the overall experience is a nightmare.
Dr. Goldstein met with myself and my partner on my first visit, and the meeting was amazingly fast. He didn't explain anything. He asked a couple of questions, looked at the surveys we had filled out before coming in, and said he recommended we try IVF after only a few minutes with him. We tried asking questions but he wouldn't answer. He said we could try IUI if IVF was too expensive. Said we needed to do some tests, and then the meeting ended. No information! No questions answered. And all subsequent interactions were similar. He would tell his nurse to answer our questions, but she didn't know the information. It was an awful experience.
The nursing staff shunts you off to someone else. They ignore your questions or act put out if they get hard pressed to actually answer. They treat patients with condescension and insult them for the very reason they are at the clinic. It's really depressing. The office staff was worse...
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
I think I covered a lot of this in the question regarding why I felt like a number. He does not provide any information at all. He doesn't answer questions. He is difficult to even meet with, and when you can schedule a meeting, it lasts for less than 15 minutes and he directs you to talk to his nurse instead. The one test he performed on me was botched, stupidly painful, and he couldn't even interpret the results. He kept changing his mind on what the results might could mean.
Don't go! Don't see him!
He started off using a combination of pills and injections, on really low dosages. He upped the dosages throughout the first cycle but never got to where it needed to be. On the second cycle, he started out with high dosages and the result was a cancelled cycle.
The IUI cycles cost $1300 plus the additional expenses of medication (which ranged about $2500 per cycle)

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Was left a message [by Fertility Specialists of Texas] on a Sunday that my embryo died and that it was on me to make a follow-up appointment...Brandy [nurse] was a terrible communicator. When doing the all-important every-other-day ultrasounds, couldn't consistently get a view of both ovaries. Led to a lot of confusion around what results to expect come retrieval time. Felt like nursing staff could have been more compassionate, overall.
European, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They have a quality facility, and good SART rates for the easy stuff - younger mothers with unexplained infertility. If you're local and young, this is a great choice. I also understand that they have an in-house fresh donor egg program. If you're looking for this option, that's a nice offering over dealing with outside agencies.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Very rarely, during my cycle, was Dr. Chilvers available. I saw only her staff 90% of the time. I'd get whichever doctor was on call on Saturdays. Her nurse, Brandy, was belligerent and would not explain things in ways that I could understand. Dr. Chilvers often provided evasive answers.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandy)
I think, overall, they tried hard. I believe they meant well. There was ONE lady there who had been there over 14 years, assigned to Dr. Goldstein - she was a gem. The rest of them.... Brandy was a terrible communicator. When doing the all-important every-other-day ultrasounds, couldn't consistently get a view of both ovaries. Led to a lot of confusion around what results to expect come retrieval time. Felt like nursing staff could have been more compassionate, overall.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
How was your experience with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
I don't think Dr. Chilvers is suited to this particular sector of the profession. She has other skills, of course, and I think she is/would be a great OB/GYN, but became an RE due to financial reasons. She has never been in the chair herself, so she has no great personal belief in the outcomes. And for someone over 40, she had 0 ability to customize a treatment plan that would provide the best chance of a positive outcome. Other clinics will provide a list of supplements including DHEA, which has shown positive scientific results in treatment of AMA patients. Dr. Chilvers put me on a standard cycle, with just greater dosages. I'd have preferred it if she admitted that 40+ wasn't her expertise and referred me to one of the other doctors in her practice, perhaps, but there didn't seem to be that type of collaboration inside the practice, either.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
If you are over 40, go somewhere else. Period. If you're under 40, review the SART rates, and ask for more information about their lab. Also, ask ask ask about supplements you can take to increase your chances. Additionally, consider what it means to treat the WHOLE you throughout this process. There are IVF meditiations on apps for your iPhone, see a counselor. This is hard. Do things to take care of YOU throughout this process and find the right doctor that supports you.
Describe the protocols Rebecca Chilvers used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
375 gonal F, 150 menopur. Day 5 start of Cetrotide. Ovadril trigger shot. THERE WAS NO RATIONALE provided. Results: 5 mature follicles. 2 retrieved, 3 "stuck to wall" (Dr. Goeffrey Sher has a blog post on why that likely happens in AMA women: https://drgeoffreysherivf.com/implications-of-empty-follicle-syndrome-and-premature-luteinization/). Notice that in 2015, this Doctor wrote about how LH hormone could be the issue with egg quality in stim cycles for AMA patients. Now, look back at my treatment plan: double the LH hormone from Day 1. No ICSI recommended by doctor, so 1 fertilized, poor quality embryo; didn't make it to Day 5. Was left a message on a Sunday that my embryo died and that it was on me to make a follow-up appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I remember most of the testing being over $1000 each, which meant over $300 out of pocket for an HSG, ultrasound, etc. Claims were delayed in hitting my insurance for some reason, so monies paid toward my deductible weren't being counted when they would talk to me about my OOP for pharmacy and IVF treatment. It was frustrating.
Frisco

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Rebecca Chilvers at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Everyone at the clinic [Fertility Specialists of TX- Frisco] is super helpful and we even had a meeting with an insurance advocate there which was super helpful for us in understanding what (little) coverage we have for infertility. The mornings can get super crowded in the waiting room but that's because labs are done before 9am. I'd say if you're not there for labs try to schedule appointments later in the day.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Everyone at the clinic is super helpful and we even had a meeting with an insurance advocate there which was super helpful for us in understanding what (little) coverage we have for infertility. The mornings can get super crowded in the waiting room but that's because labs are done before 9am. I'd say if you're not there for labs try to schedule appointments later in the day.
Dr. Chilvers is very kind and friendly right off the bat. It is very apparent that she loves what she does and takes the time to ask a lot of questions and takes notes for reference at the next appointment. Never once have I felt like she didn't remember me or our situation. I am very comfortable with the IVF cycle we are beginning with her and putting our future in her hands.
Brandy has been super helpful w/my calendar and teaching me how to do my shots. She gets back with me ASAP when I leave her messages or email her. I really like her!
Dr. Chilvers is makes me feel comfortable and is very good at explaining what she thinks is the best course of treatment for our infertility. We are just starting our first IVF cycle and I am very excited that she is in the drivers seat! Also, to note... she is great at referencing pictures to show exactly what she is talking about. Both my husband and I are visual learners and it is great to be able to picture what she's talking about each visit.
Send all of your information beforehand from past doctors/diagnosis'/surgeries/OBGYN reports, as she is a thorough note taker and this will save time.
We are proceeding w/IVF as this is our best option due to us both having issues. My husband has been diagnosed with vericole so his swimmers are abnormal, and I have endometriosis w/cysts which I've already had to have surgery on once before due to intense pain. We are also going to do ICSI and genetic testing to ensure we are transferring the best possible embryos.
Oocyte Retrieval - $2655, ICSI - $1500, PGS - $2500, Assisted Hatching - $360, Embryo Freezing $900, Embryo Transfer $423, Embryo Thaw $216, not including any meds from pharmacy
Describe Rebecca Chilvers's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dr. Chilvers only does one at a time to ensure a healthy pregnancy and baby. I am absolutely on board with this as I want the same. I think this is a great practice!

2011 - 2018
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of TX-Frisco] initially had me scheduled for an IUI but it should have been timed intercourse as discussed with the doctor. During my CD3 visit I spent 1 hour going back and forth with the office staff, biiling, and administrator about my agreed upon treatment. I was told that I had to do IUI since I am in a same sex marriage. After discussing discrimination I was allowed to move forward. My protocol was never communicated to office staff so each appointment I spent 30+ minutes explaining to staff that the records are incorrect. They ended up billing me and my insurance company for almost double what I should have been charged. The issue was never resolved and my cycle was canceled the day of my beta.
2011 - 2018
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic and billing staff are unorganized and rude. The staff do not communicate with each other. My billing issue was never resolved which resulted in the cancellation of my treatment on the day of my scheduled Beta.
The initial consultation was very thorough. We discussed my medical history in great detail and came up with a plan of action. Each appointment during my treatment cycle felt rushed. The nurses and techs were great but Dr. Goldstein was not receptive to my concerns or comfort.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Goldstein is very thorough during the initial visit. He explained my treatment options and allowed me to decide what option was best for me. Once the treatment cycle started he was very uninvolved. I had to have an extra day of monitoring and he saw me for that ultrasound. During the ultrasound I explained to him that the tech had trouble with finding my ovaries with the probe and had to look on top. Instead of trying that, he proceeded to use the probe no matter how uncomfortable it was. I was literally crying from the pain. He not once apologized. He then very bluntly made a very discouraging remark and told me that I can continue the cycle if I wanted but not to expect a favorable result. I left in pain and feeling very discouraged.
Catch him on a good day.
I was diagnosed with PCOS so we started off semi-aggressive since I did not respond to Clomid in the last. My treatment included CD3 baseline and ultrasound, Femara 5mg CD3-7, Follistim 75 iu CD6 and CD8. I went in for CD10 bloodwork and ultrasound and was instructed to take another 75iu of Follistim that day and come back CD11 for another day of bloodwork and ultrasound as the folliclegrowth was slow but steady. On CD11, I was instructed to take the last 75iu of Follistim and trigger shot on CD12 with timed intercourse 24 and 36 hours later. Beta was scheduled for CD28
The global out of pocket cost for timed intercourse was $730 and the global IUI fee was $1300

Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
I love the clinic [Fertility Specialists of TX]! The location, staff and cleanliness are everything to me. The staff knows you and welcomes you with a smile each visit, the waiting room is small but comfortable. One thing I would suggest is if you need confidentiality when discussing payment or appt, to request the front desk clerk speaks with you behind the closed door for more privacy.... My nurse along with the entire nurse team was awesome. Even when I had to go to their Frisco locations
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I love the clinic! The location, staff and cleanliness are everything to me. The staff knows you and welcomes you with a smile each visit, the waiting room is small but comfortable. One thing I would suggest is if you need confidentiality when discussing payment or appt, to request the front desk clerk speaks with you behind the closed door for more privacy.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
From our first appointment with Dr. Patel, he made us feel so comfortable and at ease, despite the nervousness we felt walking into his office. We had already submitted our medical history to him prior to our appointment and it was evident he throughly reviewed it prior to meeting with us and discussed every single detail of our history with us. I loved that because doctors prior to him never went into detail about our history in order to provide us the best course of treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa Fox)
My nurse along with the entire nurse team was awesome. Even when I had to go to their Frisco locations on the weekend and for egg retrieval, the nurses there were so friendly and awesome. Sometimes it was hard to reach Alyssa and I did have one email she didn't respond to regarding medications I was out of but a nurse at the Frisco location was able to assist when I met with her on a Saturday. Alyssa made sure my calendars were sent on time and with instructions and after each appt, she called later that afternoon to provide results and answer any questions or concerns.
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
As stated before, Dr. Patel was very thorough and easy to understand. He broke down every part of the process and if we still didn't understand or had questions, he gladly answered. We never felt rushed or like we were just "another number" to him. Even when my visit consisted of just meeting with a nurse, if he was in the office, he would make sure to pop in to speak and make sure we were ok or had any questions. This has really eased our anxiety and stress knowing we're in his care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Ask everything! You will not feel rushed, he will definitely take time to answer everything. There's no such thing as a bad question! He is there to help you reach your ultimate goal... to have a healthy baby!
Describe the protocols Satin Patel used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
Luckily during our first consultation, I was able to get an ultrasound and bloodwork due to me being on a certain day of my cycle. Of course there's bloodwork all the time but during that first appointment he discovered I had a thyroid issue which not even my Primary Care provider addressed (that I had just seen). He put me on Levothyroxine 0.075mg and my energy has greatly improved. I was then scheduled for an HSG to determine whether my fallopian tubes were open and we discovered one was slightly blocked and then a Saline Infusion Sonohysterography to examine my uterine cavity. He saw a small fibroid outside of my uterus that he assured he'd continue to monitor and also a small polyp that he said they would remove after my egg retrieval if it did not disappear on it's on. He also placed me on birth control pills to start on cycle day 3 of my menses. After I completed my first round of BCP, I started the following meds: Day 1-4: Menopur 150IU (a.m.) Follistim 375units (p.m.) Day 5-7 Menopur 225IU (a.m.) Follistim 375units (p.m.) Ganirelix (prefilled syringe) Day 8-9 Menopur 225IU (a.m.) Follistim 375units (p.m.) Ganirelix (prefilled syringe) Z-Pack (my husband and I) Day 10 Menopur 225IU (a.m.) Follistim 375units (p.m.) Z-Pack (my husband and I) Novarel 10000 units Day 11: Z-Pack (my husband and I) All of my follicles seemed to be on track each visit and at egg retrieval they retrieved more than the nurse and I both expected. Of course I'd read the symptoms others experienced on similar or same meds but I would describe my STIMS cycle pretty easy. No pain, very little bloating, no other side effects. We retrieved 13 eggs, 8 matured, 5 fertilized and 4 made it to Day 6 freeze.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Pretty simple and the waiting room wasn't filled with patients waiting to be seen. I never sat in the waiting room longer than 5min before getting called to do labs and escorted to the examining room for my ultrasound.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Unfortunately our insurance doesn't cover anything related to fertility treatment except labs and my first consultation. For my particular IVF treatment it was $10,800 (not including 15% military discount. This covered the following: Office visits Sonograms Blood draws Lab-Estradiol Lab-Progesterone Lab-Luteinizing Hormone Lab-Beta HCG (1) Ultrasound Oocyte (egg) retrieval Oocyte identification Insemination of Oocytes Culture of embryos Preparation of embryos Ultrasound for embryo transfer Embryo that Embryo transfer Embryo Cryopreservation Additional Cost we Occured were: PGD/PGS Biopsy - $2500 Medications - $7500 ICSI - $1500 Assisted Hatching- $900 Sperm Extraction- $1500 We had 4 Blastocysts and the genetic testing is $350/embryo. If you have 6-8 there's a flat fee of $1850 and anything over 8 an additional $250/embryo plus $100 shipping cost.
Describe Satin Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
During our appt for the HSG and SIS, the doctor did say he preferred to transfer one blastocyst but would discuss further once we were ready to transfer and also after examining me prior to transfer to make sure there are no other fibroids, polyps, etc. that might cause problems. I do love he is open to transferring two but also wants to make sure it is safe for both patient and baby.
South Lake

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

Every member of staff [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] was always friendly and accommodating. Although the office was busy, we never felt rushed during our appointments and all of our questions were thoroughly answered. The staff was overjoyed when we got our positive result...The entire nursing staff was very friendly and my personal nurse always answered my questions promptly...We were using insurance, and the financial staff rarely could answer our questions about what expenses were expected. We wanted to do pGS testing and were originally told our insurance would cover it, but then mid cycle we had to cancel this procedure because we were then told that insurance would not cover it because the lab doesn't accept insurance and we would need to cash up front.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is well organized and very clean, but can be very busy. There were a few times that we waited well over our appointment time to be seen. However, everyone we met at the clinic was very friendly and helpful. We were using insurance, and the financial staff rarely could answer our questions about what expenses were expected. We wanted to do pGS testing and were originally told our insurance would cover it, but then mid cycle we had to cancel this procedure because we were then told that insurance would not cover it because the lab doesn't accept insurance and we would need to cash up front.
Every member of staff was always friendly and accommodating. Although the office was busy, we never felt rushed during our appointments and all of our questions were thoroughly answered. The staff was overjoyed when we got our positive result.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dr. Chilvers did an excellent job working with our diagnoses and preferences to come up with q successful protocol to make us pregnant. She didnt ask us to waste time and money with IUIs. She always explained exactly what she was doing and the scientific reasoning behind it. Everything she did was research based and thorough. She is friendly and professional.
Trust the process. This clinic and doctor know exactly what they are doing and will take every measure to increase your chances of success.
We did a freeze all IVF retrieval cycle, because of my high risk of OHSS and because success rates are higher with frozen embryos than fresh. I do not feel comfortable noting my exact medications, and regardless these will be tailored to your specific circumstances. My eggs were fertilized via ICSI due to make factor infertility. We ended up freezing 10 high quality embryos and did a transfer cycle some months later. Our first transfer was successful. We did a down regulated cycle leading up to transfer.
We used insurance coverage to cover most of our cycle. We paid copayments per visit and about 3k in medication costs (our insurance covered 5k and the 3k is what was remaining of the balance.) We never knew what amounts to expect to pay for each procedure until after it had gone through insurance. We did receive an additional bill for $400 months after our transfer was completed.

IVF, Donor Eggs
When I first started on the estrogen, it made me very sick. The nurse [Fertility Specialists of Texas] called me and emailed me to check on me. She also offered (free of charge) to hold a conference call with my sisters (potential egg donors) and mom to answer questions, address concerns, etc.... The only complaint I have is the person that discussed our insurance coverage wasn’t extremely empathetic.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The only complaint I have is the person that discussed our insurance coverage wasn’t extremely empathetic. It was like a job interview. Would have liked to seen more compassion. The rest of the clinic, however, was extremely compassionate and friendly. Made you feel at home during an hard time.
He made sure to take plenty of time to sit and talk to us and try to connect with us. We weren’t just in and out of the office. He was thorough and when he confirmed the loss of my fertility, he was very caring and assured me we’d put together a plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
When I first started on the estrogen, it made me very sick. The nurse called me and emailed me to check on me. She also offered (free of charge) to hold a conference call with my sisters (potential egg donors) and mom to answer questions, address concerns, etc. It meant so much to not only myself but my family.
Jerald was very knowledgeable and answered all of our questions. We never felt rushed or like we were on the clock. When we received devastating results, he assured us we would put together a plan to have a family.
Ask a lot of questions and don’t hesitate to have him explain if you don’t understand something.
Since we have to use an egg donor and aren’t to that place yet, I can’t answer fully. He did prescribe me estrogen though to get my cycles back to normal and he also redid all blood tests to confirm the diagnosis.
Since we basically went to get confirmed results and out a plan together, our insurance covered majority of the basic visit. If we were to move forward with the donor egg/transfer/embryo transfer, our out of pocket costs would be around $14,000 with insurance.
Due to my autoimmune disease (Addison’s Disease) he suggested a single embryo transfer since my body can’t handle additional stress. I was surprised he knew about this rare disease and appreciated his honesty.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
They recently moved from their Grapevine location to a new building in Southlake. It is easy to find after your first visit. It is well kept and has several consult rooms to provide you with privacy. They keep water, tea, and coffee in the waiting area.... $14,000 for retrieval and one fet, every fet after that was a bit under $4,000 Additional genetic screening and services were available and totaled about $24,000... The nurses at the Southlake location are very professional and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dr Patel and his staff are very caring and go out of their way to help you. He's honest about expectations and helps you think through all your options. It's as though he's on your fertility journey with you and truly cares about his patients fertility success and the losses they go through.
The nurses at the Southlake location are very professional and compassionate.
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Satin Patel is very professional and well mannered. He makes you feel comfortable during exams. He meets with each of his patients to discuss test results and fertility options. He comes off as very genuine and caring as he explains your situation. He's very well informed and willing to help you through your decision process and treatments.
Insist on a vitamin D deficiency test and make sure to leave with a written prescription note or have them submit it to your pharmacy while you are there. Also, ask questions to inform yourself or alleviate some of the worry.
Egg Retrieval- Menopur, Follistim, Ganirelix, Leuprolide, Azythromycin FETs- estrogen pills, estrogen patches, delestrogen, progesterone, Azythromycin, aspirin, lovenox The extra estrogen to thicken my lining the lovenox because of repeated miscarriages
He leaves the decision up to you of single vs double, but he let's you know all the risks so you are well informed before you make the decision.
Grapevine

There were so many of them [nurses at Fertility Specialists of Texas] so I saw someone different every time. All were generally friendly...The clinic is well known in this area so it attracts patients from near and far...Every time I went to the office (over 30 minutes from my home) I sat in a waiting room with many other people. When I did finally go back, I saw a nurse rather than the doctor. I saw the doctor very few times. I also got the impression that my treatment was a track set for all patients and not customized.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is well known in this area so it attracts patients from near and far. Dr. Goldstein is touted as being the best of the best and you can see that in the number of people that are in the clinic at any given time - patients and staff.
There were so many of them so I saw someone different every time. All were generally friendly.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Goldstein is no doubt a highly skilled professional and also a very good businessman with multiple locations and an army of staff. In my initial interactions with him I was impressed with his knowledge and confidence in my chances of getting pregnant. Over the course of my time with his clinic, I became increasingly frustrated with the lack of guidance I needed in my protocol, during and in between cycles. Because I was expected to respond to the same treatment as other patients, and my body did not conform to that idea, I was only able to complete ONE IUI with him over the course of 7 months I was with his clinic. It wasn't until I went to a different clinic that I found out there were other options for my treatment timeline.
Advocate for yourself while communicating the need for data-driven medical advice.
HSG and blood tests initially, Follistim and Letrozole simultaneously during cycles. When I wouldn't start my cycles on time I was put on birth control and after I decided I no longer wanted to do that because of negative reactions to the birth control, I was put on prometrium which also did not work. After that I was told I would just have to wait until it started on it's own.
My insurance partially covers IUI up to 6 times. I paid around $100 every visit.

2 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Overall, the staff [at Fertility Specialists of TX] was really good. But you definitely have to take an active role in your own care and stay on top of things. I also had multiple wonky billing issues - At one point I found I had a credit by happenstance. It was a total fluke I found out about it, and yet every appointment I had to keep telling them I didn't owe anything. I don't know how often they reconcile their books, but when they do, they aren't good about informing the patients. I also had a few surprise bills where "all-inclusive" packages didn't include a few things that weren't disclosed.
2 Embryo Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I don't think any clinic is perfect, and this one is no exception. At one point, I found myself being repeatedly put on hold for 20 minutes. But I complained and was put through to the office manager, and that never happened again. Occasionally, the nurses can get overwhelmed and you can fall through the cracks - you don't get timely information or you realize something in your protocol isn't accurate. That is certainly the exception, not the norm. Overall, the staff was really good. But you definitely have to take an active role in your own care and stay on top of things. I also had multiple wonky billing issues - At one point I found I had a credit by happenstance. It was a total fluke I found out about it, and yet every appointment I had to keep telling them I didn't owe anything. I don't know how often they reconcile their books, but when they do, they aren't good about informing the patients. I also had a few surprise bills where "all-inclusive" packages didn't include a few things that weren't disclosed. I will say that these are all minor issues that popped up. In the year and a half I've been going to the clinic, almost everything went smoothly, and when it didn't the clinic was usually apologetic and wanted to make things right. There are some staff members that are absolutely awesome so I just made sure to use those people as my points of contact!
Dr. Goldstein has a huge heart. He takes the time to see his patients directly even when it's not necessary. You can tell it's so important to him that patients end up with a take-home baby. His personality is a little different - but it's because he's so smart and thinking all the time - but the warmth that comes through from his is evident.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Jeanette)
Jeanette - a nurse and the surrogacy coordinator - is the absolute best. She's smart, responsive, and compassionate. Her information was always timely and accurate. I can't say enough good things about her.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Goldstein is very smart and thinks about multiple things at once. That can come across as scatter-brained and can make it difficult to pin him down to get answers. BUT if you're patient with him about getting all the answers, he will take the time to get you all the information you need. He truly wants his patients to have all the information, and he's even made time to see me when I didn't have an appointment. He is such a cheerleader for you and isn't afraid of changing course if something is working. He will also take into account the patient's preference. For example, my surrogate had used a medication before that she liked. He typically doesn't prescribe it but since she had had no issues with it before, he didn't mind including it in her protocol this time. He's truly interested in making his practice better. I had switched from another doctor in the practice - one that I was very unhappy with. That doctor had a very warm personality but failed on multiple fronts. Dr. Goldstein really wanted to take the time to understand what I was unhappy about. He even spent time going over his colleague's protocol and told me what he would have done differently. There was no defensiveness on his part, even though he practiced with the other doctor, which I really appreciated. I finally feel very confident in our choice of fertility specialist.
He's brilliant. But you have to be patient/persistent in getting answers to your questions because he can get lost on tangents. But you won't regret choosing him as your doctor.
I had two egg retrieval cycles with my prior RE, who practices with Goldstein. The first cycle ended with no healthy embryos. The second cycle ended with only two. The only difference in medication in the two cycles was the addition of human growth hormone and the upping the dosage of Menopur by quite a bit. When Dr. Goldstein looked at the results and the protocol prescribed by his colleague, he said that he would have significantly changed my medications because it was clear that my body didn't respond to them the first round. I felt like Dr. Goldstein had a lot more tools in his toolbox to choose from than did my prior doctor.
Our egg retrievals were part insurance, part out of pocket. I'm honestly not sure we saved any money by using insurance because our portion was so high. Cash pay might have been cheaper. We are now using a gestational carrier. It is $5000 per FET cycle. That doesn't include her initial medical clearance or her medications. That does include a surrogacy coordination fee, which some clinics charge separately. I've been very happy with the surrogacy coordinator there. She's the best.
Dr. Goldstein fully supports my eSET decision. I came in with that decision, but he never once pushed or intimidated that we should do more than one. He really thinks one is best, though I know because of the expense of surrogacy, if we wanted him to transfer two, he would do it.

Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
The staff [Fertility Specialists of Texas] that answered the phone was always friendly and felt vested in your journey.... Monitoring was a well oiled machine. It was in the mornings between 7 and 9. You got a specific time within that window but as long as you came into that window they would still get you in whether it was early or later than your scheduled time. The sonogram tech was sweet and cheery which is needed at 7am. I actually preferred the sonogram tech to any of the doctors in the practice doing the monitoring.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The staff that answered the phone was always friendly and felt vested in your journey. They have recently lost their nurse coordinator and practice administrator so things are a little more disorganized. Be proactive in asking for next steps or appts. The work they do is great but they are in transition right now.
Dr Patel listened to our history and experience and added input when necessary. He didn't give a canned speech he has given a hundred times before. He made the chances clear but was still hopeful that we would find the right procedures to get us the desired outcome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
Kelly was amazing. Willing to answer our questions anytime day or night. No matter how silly or embarrassing. I'm sad to hear she has moved on from the practice. There was one of the younger nurses that was terrible at taking blood that often resulted in bleeding afterwards. I even saw several patients in the elevator with blood dripping down their arm. The sonogram tech was also amazing. She had a great bedside manner, which was helpful since they do all their sonograms at 7am.
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr Patel was warm and supportive without offering false hope. He made it clear that multiple transfers would have to be done for a single live birth. I also felt he was highly knowledgeable and explained why he did or did not recommend a procedure. He also recommended best case scenario instead of heartbreaking trial and error with lessor procedures. I had the utmost confidence that we would get our baby with him. My only negative was once we got a successful transfer it became less clear the procedure was from there.
An office is only as successful as tje nurses and he has some great nurses. Make friends with the nurses, they are the ones that will be taking your blood to get those vital stats, doing your ultrasound, and holding your hand the day of transfer. Don't be afraid to ask questions or next steps.
We did retrieval, ICSI, and PGS. I don't recall the exact protocols but we were given them in writing with a calendar. The only negative side effect came after my lining wasn't developing before transfer so they upped my dose of estrogen. I was on estrogen patches, orally, and vaginally. I did experience emotional disturbances from the extra estrogen up until transfer. Dr Patel also prescribed lidocain patches for the progesterone shots and it made all the difference.
I don't recall individual costs but according to our insurance, we spent a total of 17,000 for a retrieval, ICSI, PGS, and 2 transfers. Medication was additional $2,000 out of pocket.
Dr Patel does believe that single embryo transfer is just as effective and multiple embryo transfer. I agreed that I would rather have more chances to transfer than a chance at multiples. My insurance would also only pay for single embryo transfer but we could pay out of pocket for multiple embryo transfer.
Frisco

Tiecha [a nurse at Fertility Specialists of TX]- I do not feel as though she has much compassion or sympathy. She is not very warm. She is also not very prompt at returning emails in a timely manner. But if a problem arises she does get it handed quickly. I really like Brandi at the office. She is very sweet, unfortunately she works under another doctor in the practice and not Dr. Goldstein anymore.
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I like that they have different locations so it makes the clinic more accessible. It is a clean clinic.
It would be nice to receive a phone call from Dr. Goldstein when something does not go as planned such as a miscarriage. A follow up call would be nice. He also tends to ask the same questions over and over as if he does not remember you.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandy and then Teicha )
Tiecha- I do not feel as though she has much compassion or sympathy. She is not very warm. She is also not very prompt at returning emails in a timely manner. But if a problem arises she does get it handed quickly. I really like Brandi at the office. She is very sweet, unfortunately she works under another doctor in the practice and not Dr. Goldstein anymore.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Goldstein does have a stutter or speech impediment so you have to be patient with him. I do like that he advocates for acupuncture. He is also open-minded if you request additional medications that you think may help in the treatment plan. I do not like that he sometimes asks the same questions as if he does not remember your protocol or history.
Do not be afraid to ask questions and be your own advocate
Two weeks of birth control before stims starting on CD2. Follistim 150-300 and Menopur 75-150. I also used omnitrope which is something I asked for to possibly help with egg quality. My estrogen levels were high so we used lupron as a trigger instead of Novarel which is what we were going to originally use. For FET I used lupron, estradiol tablets, antibiotics, and baby aspirin. I also used PIO with a sesame base- I had an allergic reaction so had to ask to be switched to PIO in ethyl oleate. I ended up with 3 embryos to freeze out of 11 eggs collected.
I do not have the information with me but I believe the cost of IVF is around $15,000. Not including medications.
Since this was my second round of IVF but my first transfer, Dr. Goldstein believed I had been through a lot so he suggested transferring two embryos.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] messed up a prescription and also overcharged me for services that were not rendered. They fixed it once I caught the issue...The clinic just feels like an assembly line. There is no personal feel when you start to ask questions and need more details. This is a scary and intimidating process, so the method of care is really important...I have a tubular blockage so IVF was recommended. They retrieved 3 eggs, 2 were implanted. But they did not take. For the next round it was recommended that I freeze the eggs after retrieval instead of an immediate implantation.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The doctor never remembered detail about me or my treatment. She would always look for a second ovary when we discussed each visit that it had been removed. So taking the time to read the chart before coming in would have saved me from reliving a painful experience at every visit.
Some nurse we were very good. I wish I had their names to add. But there was 1 that was disorganized and cost me getting the proper medicine needed because she didn't follow through with an order from the doctor. Some others just made you feel like a number during such a sensitive situation.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
The doctor didn't have a warm bedside manner and honestly I felt she was confused when it came to the details of my case. She would ask me the same questions each visit and be surprised by my answers each time. If she took the time to review my chart, I wouldn't have to tell her about emotional surgeries each time. I think it was just rushed and not a situation where I felt like I had individualized care rather than a one size fits all approach.
Compare options of other doctors
I have a tubular blockage so IVF was recommended. They retrieved 3 eggs, 2 were implanted. But they did not take. For the next round it was recommended that I freeze the eggs after retrieval instead of an immediate implantation. I believe this was recommended because they didn't want to hurt their statistics if the implant did not work again. The embryos did not survive the freezing.
I don't have the details, but my insurance was exhausted after 1 IVF full cycle and an attempted retrieval and freezing at $30k.
I don't remember
Frisco

They [Fert Specialists of TX - Frisco] really try to alleviate stress from the patient. Appointments are seems on time for the most part, they helped tremendously when dealing with insurance. Very understaning group. When you call the clinic, someone answers and they help right away...My main nurse was great. Responded promptly and practically anticipated my needs more of the time. She also gave me hugs during specific appointments....like egg retrieval day, transfer day...
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They really try to alleviate stress from the patient. Appointments are seems on time for the most part, they helped tremendously when dealing with insurance. Very understaning group. When you call the clinic, someone answers and they help right away.
She's determined to meet our goal, and for any appointments she always lets me ask questions without feeling rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Moore)
My main nurse was great. Responded promptly and practically anticipated my needs more of the time. She also gave me hugs during specific appointments....like egg retrieval day, transfer day. She was very excited when our first beta came back positive.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
She's very thorough and smart, sometimes she seems a bit busy bouncing from appointment to appointment, but I can tell she handles that very well. Even with my smallest appointments where a nurse could handle it, she's usually there.
Ask questions and voice your thoughts.
3 rounds of IVF, with no fertility problems, we are strictly doing this for PGD. Round 1 was a simple protocol that produced 6 eggs, but 4 made it to blast/testing. Since we are doing PGD, we went into another cycle to batch 2 months later. We upped the meds a bit, got 11 eggs, but again 4 made it to blast. Of the 8 genetically tested for our disease and PGS, 2 were healthy. After miscarrying 1 @ 8 weeks along, we decided to do another fresh cycle. We upped the dosage again, yeilding 11 eggs, but sadly 8 were severely immature leaving us with only 3 to work with. From those 3, 2 made it to blast. We are gearing up for another round to batch.
Depending on where we were with our copay, my ultrasounds/labwork visits were $180 until my deductible was met, then it became $45. We did have to pay out of pocket for 1 egg retrieval , it was $9750. THe most recent retrieval was covered, but our copay was $900
Frisco

They [Fertility Specialists of Texas] seem well organized and appear to have a good system in place. I never had to wait much after my appointment time to be seen and never had any office issue. I was always greeted promptly and with a smile and felt comfortable and like the front staff cared....For the embryo transfer it was estimated between $5k-7k. Dr. Goldstein feels we need a fresh cycle which was quoted at $17k. Higher prices reflect our insurance not covering our treatment which they sadly do not.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They seem well organized and appear to have a good system in place. I never had to wait much after my appointment time to be seen and never had any office issue. I was always greeted promptly and with a smile and felt comfortable and like the front staff cared.
I felt he actually took the time to read through my history. We’re a military family so we’ve moved several times through our journey. He is very warm and honest and i feel doesn’t set unrealistic expectations. I hope to pursue treatment with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
She was very sweet and had a great bedside manner
Dr. Goldstein took ample time with me going over our medical and infertility history. He made me feel like i was his only appointment that day and never once did i feel rushed or not heard. He was very straightforward and honest and had several different options for us moving forward. I feel like he is trustworthy and not just in it for the money or noteriety.
If you have a question ask! They genuinely want you to feel comfortable in the process and decisions.
Dr. Goldstein feels that the reason our last two transfers with a previous doctor failed were likely due to embryo quality. Although he encouraged another egg retrevial he supported our desire to pursue a frozen embryo transfer with the remaining embryos we had.

5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
I liked the clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] itself and how it functioned. They give you a colored picture of your embryos prior to transfer. They also offer to play calming music and have someone pray or do calming breathing exercises with you after the transfer while you wait.... I didnt have a relationship with the nurses there....Upon leaving this clinic, I received the records. The records are conflicting from one appointment to the next.
5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I liked the clinic itself and how it functioned. They give you a colored picture of your embryos prior to transfer. They also offer to play calming music and have someone pray or do calming breathing exercises with you after the transfer while you wait.
Dr Goldstein has very poor social skills, little affect, and is robotic in nature in his interactions with patients. This makes for horrible bed side manner. When patients (such as myself) were distraught or saddened over poor outcomes with transfers he awkwardly didnt know how to respond.
I didnt have a relationship with the nurses there. I dont recall working with anyone specific person to give a description of.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
At the time I didnt think much either way of him. He was awkward in his interactions with others but that was it. After paying 24,000 for two failed cycles, and seeing a different doctor. I was LIVID to discover I had significant fertility diagnosis that he missed and continued to do IVF rounds without addressing the problems first. I had fibroids, Endometriosis, and a Uterine Septum that went undiagnosed through 2 rounds of IVF.
I would highly recommend that they visit someone else with greater attention to detail, and the ethics to not take patients money without telling them the entire medical picture. I filed a complaint on this doctor for doing IVF rounds on me without treating my other medical conditions. My subsequent IVF doctor performed a surgery prior to IVF rounds so that I could get pregnant. He should have done this, but he didnt. He just kept taking my money for IVF rounds that he should have known would not be successful considering all my conditions.
We did two IVF fresh rounds. I dont recall the specific medications or injections I used. I just know that he didnt change it from one round to the next. Both rounds had very poor results. only producing 2 transferable embryos with nothing to freeze. I dont even know the embryo grades as that information was never explained or shared with me.
ABout $12,000 per IVF cycle give or take some medications.
We did 2 embryo transfer each time and I was fine with that. In fact, I prefer that.
Dallas

Clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is beautiful and modern. Very comfortable setting. Most consultations are done either in a consult room or the doctors office depending on what phase you’re in. Expect your first visit to be about an hour and a half: consult, bloodwork and vaginal sonogram.... IVF is $13,000 PGD is $2300 Meds quoted at $3000-$8000 Anethesia $600 paid two days in advance to a separate place. Late and it’s double.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Clinic is beautiful and modern. Very comfortable setting. Most consultations are done either in a consult room or the doctors office depending on what phase you’re in. Expect your first visit to be about an hour and a half: consult, bloodwork and vaginal sonogram.
She got to know me and asked every background question that was relevant. We shared a few laughs and she was personable yet direct.
Nursing staff was great. Walked me through the vitals and blood work. Every one was pleasant.
I’m still currently going through my initial visits prior to my next treatment. Dr. Chilvers is very thorough. She is very direct and may seem very cold but I think she’s constantly thinking and calculating as she’s reviewing your paperwork. She took her time and made it personable. She walked me through each step and I felt comfortable talking to her and didn’t feel rushed.
Don’t be turned off by her directness. Remember why you’re there and she cuts to the chase.
The current recommendation is IVF with aggressive stims to get as many follicles. If I don’t get enough follicles it will be converted into an IUI.
Dr. Chilvers believes in trying to get to a healthy pregnancy and prefers a single frozen embryo transfer.
Endometriosis, Other
It [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is very modern and has a lot of new technology....I can get all my results instantly and get electronic copies to send to my other providers as well.... They replied to phone and emails very quickly and got insurance issues resolved so effectively... The costs are still occurring and my insurance is supposedly covering some of this because of my past medical history... She [Dr. Noorhasan] was sympathetic and very understanding of my situation.
Endometriosis, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
It is very modern and has a lot of new technology. Another doctor I saw before her did not have an email addresss or patient portal.her I can get all my results instantly and get electronic copies to send to my other providers as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dorette Noorhasan at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
She was sympathetic and very understanding of my situation. I went from not even thinking about having children to the very real possiblity that I probably won't b able to have kids. Since I am still in my mid 20's, she told me she would try everything to give me at least a shot of having kids someday and that's all I was looking to when I went to see her for the first time.
How was your experience with Dorette Noorhasan at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
She reviewed my medical history and talked with my previous doctors since my case was unique. She was very honest and said that it would be hard for me to have kids of my own, something I had not even thought about yet. She is helping treat my cyst on my remaining ovary and then going to freeze my eggs. While other doctors gave me no options, she at least gave me a small chance at having children in the future.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dorette Noorhasan at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
She doesn't always spend a lot of time with Artie TA so have all your questions ready because it will be hard to get in contact with her once she leaves the room
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dorette Noorhasan at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dallas

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Dorette Noorhasan at Fertility Specialists of Texas.

IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
A lot of programs they [Fertility Specialists of Texas] offer are not geared towards LGBT individuals. They offered on their website an inclusive package however we were not eligible for this because as a gay couple we were not using our own eggs. ... She [nurse] was absolutely amazing! She showed a lot of compassion and support. She has provided a lot of emotional support to us a long the way. ...
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
A lot of programs they offer are not geared towards LGBT individuals. They offered on their website an inclusive package however we were not eligible for this because as a gay couple we were not using our own eggs. Also prices are not discounted after an unsuccessful transfer. For example, a transfer is $5000 (plus medication) no matter how many times you transfer. Our previous clinic discounted after each unsuccessful transfer.
Dr. Goldstein is not the most personable Doctor. He is not warm and fuzzy.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: LeeAnn)
She was absolutely amazing! She showed a lot of compassion and support. She has provided a lot of emotional support to us a long the way.
I think Dr Goldstein is super knowledgeable about his discipline, however his lack of warmth at times can be a little discouraging. I don’t get that personal connection that I got with my other Doctor that he was truly invested in us having a baby.
He is very knowledgeable, however he is not warm and fuzzy. I received the same feedback from someone before starting with Dr Goldstein so I knew this going into it.
At this point it is too soon to tell.
Transfer fees are the same no matter how many unsuccessful transfers you have. Our previous clinic discounted the transfer fee approximately 25% after each unsuccessful transfer.
Dallas

I loved this clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] and would highly recommend them to anyone. The front desk people were a little frustrating, but nothing major. The nursing staff is amazing and were quick to respond to messages and emails.... They were very compassionate when calling it discussing bad news. We started with Brandi as our nurse who we loved and then Teisha, who we loved also, became ours as the doctors switched nurses. I just wish they had given us a heads up about them switching.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I loved this clinic and would highly recommend them to anyone. The front desk people were a little frustrating, but nothing major. The nursing staff is amazing and were quick to respond to messages and emails.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Tiesha )
The nurses were all amazing and kind. They were very compassionate when calling it discussing bad news. We started with Brandi as our nurse who we loved and then Teisha, who we loved also, became ours as the doctors switched nurses. I just wish they had given us a heads up about them switching.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
He is very smart and sometimes it’s like his brain is working faster than he can talk. He’s definitely motivated to help you reach your goal and in my experience tended to be least invasive first before moving to more invasive procedures which made me very comfortable.
To be patient with him when he’s talking to you.
Timed intercourse with and without injectables negative . IUI with injectables - always produced multiple follicles (Goldstein made us aware every time of the risk of multiples and risks associated) negative with 1 cycle cancelled due to a cyst. IVF frozen cycle due to risk of OHSS and he feels it has a better success rate 1 miscarriage and 1 successful
Frozen IVF cycle was about $12000 not including meds. 2nd Transfer was $1200 I believe.

2013 - 2017
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The Dallas and Frisco offices are incredibly busy. Wait times can be long. Nurses are great! Phlebotomists are incredible. Charlotte in the Frisco office is great at difficult blood draws. Other doctors in the practice are awesome as well!! The embryologist, Dr. Guerrero is one of my all time favorite people....Kelly is the most amazing nurse I've ever had. She truly loves her patients and is familiar with their treatment cycle. After not seeing her for about a year she recognized me in a public setting and ran to embrace me. A truly incredible nur
2013 - 2017
2 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I was always treated warmly but felt not important during the time we waited to find out if our ectopic pregnancy was viable.
Kelly is the most amazing nurse I've ever had. She truly loves her patients and is familiar with their treatment cycle. After not seeing her for about a year she recognized me in a public setting and ran to embrace me. A truly incredible nurse!!
Dr. Goldstein is quirky and slightly antisocial, but is incredibly intelligent, compassionate and dedicated. He's sometimes hard to understand, due to a slight speech impediment. However, he's highly skilled and I'm astounded by his knowledge in his field. He's an incredible physician and truly loves his patients and his practice.
If you want the best, Dr. Goldstein is exactly that. If you're needing a hand holder, he's probably not going to be a fit, personality wise. He has great compassion, but is more clinical in his approach. However, his nurses are incredible at filling the gap.
Dallas

Jeanette [a nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas-Frisco] is my favorite, and the last nurse who did my second IUI was understanding when I explained that I needed her to take her time and use small equipment because I’m a small person.... I paid about $4000 per IUI including the sperm and shipping to the facility... We did a round of Clomid, a trigger shot. Same thing second round but the trigger shot may have been different kind of trigger shot.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The only thing was I needed a procedure done in a time frame before I flew to my home town where I had a donor and I would’ve had to do the whole check up and reschedule the procedure, I was able to get the same procedure faster with a different fertility clinic and also found out through that clinic I had polyps. I understand it’s policy and procedure but it would’ve pushed my chances with my donor out. Not that it mattered it didn’t take anyways so I had surgery and now I hope he can help me and have it work.
He’s a nice man and I know he genuinely wants to help couples have a family. I am still working on my family so we are not there yet.
Jeanette is my favorite, and the last nurse who did my second IUI was understanding when I explained that I needed her to take her time and use small equipment because I’m a small person.
I think he should take a moment with patients during check ups and visits and maybe perform IUI’s. The nurses do the IUI’s. More confidence when speaking at events. Be honest without sugar coating.other than that he’s a great guy and he knows his stuff.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or be open.
I paid about $4000 per IUI including the sperm and shipping to the facility
I think it’s good to explain the possibility of multiples but when you are like me it may sound like I am greedy but I’d rather put in at least 3 because if I do 2 and none take I won’t get to do this again. Many of us can afford to be parents but many of us can’t afford the charges to specialty have a family the harder way especially back to back. An IVF is the total of a car. With a car you have something to show that truly is crushing to spend all that money for nothing and your dreams shattered. I never thought I’d have to do fertility. We both have jobs but as good as they are we are not rich we just wanted a chance at having at least one baby.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
The clinic [Fert Specialists of TX] is very busy and in high demand. They are extremely timely with appointments and try their best to stay on time...I cannot say enough about the nurses at the Frisco office! Brandy was amazing at explaining all of my shots and meds and she was also available anytime I had a question. Teicha completed one of my retrievals with me and was absolutely amazing! Angie did a few of my scans and she always took her time and would show me clearly what she was seeing. The nurses were just as important as the dr. They truly hire the best.
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is very busy and in high demand. They are extremely timely with appointments and try their best to stay on time.
Dr Goldstein always took the time to answer every question I had and he would throughly explain each process.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandy )
My experience with Dr Goldstein was very good even though our first cycle was not successful. He meet with my husband and I and took his time with us planning our next cycle and really explaining to us the odds. We knew going in that my age (36) played a factor and he fully explained every detail. We could not be happier with him.
Go in with an open mind and from personal experience don't start the process unless you are committed to at least 3 tries at IVF for one successful pregnancy.
Dr Goldstein upped my menopur during the 2nd cycle but all other drugs remained the same.
If I remember correctly the drugs and procedures were approximately 18K each.
Dr Goldstein clearly explained the risks of transferring multiple embryos but ultimately he and I both felt very comfortable transferring 2 at each cycle.

2012 - 2015
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
2012 - 2015
2 IUI, 2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
HUMAN. Being our second doctor for IVF, we felt like we were at a 5 star spa/facility. Everyone was so kind, helpful and generous from our previous experience. And the atmosphere was calming and non-stressful. It made the whole process easier and more relaxing than before during an already extremely stressful situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Leetiecha Martinson, Amy Fleming)
I formed a quick bond with both of my primary nurses during both times I was under Dr. Goldstein's care. One of which is no longer there. They made me feel like I was first on their list and answered any and all questions I had. They are pretty easy to get a hold of via phone or email. I am still friends with each of them today.
Overall, we were very happy with his knowledge and manner during our time under his care. We had to ask questions but he was willing to answer all questions we had and further explain what we didn't understand. He never seemed in a hurry to see the next patient.
To ask questions and not be intimidated by him. He is really smart and has been in this field a long time, he knows what he is doing and has surrounded himself by a great staff.
I live out of state so the doctor allowed me to do my monitoring with my local OBGYN. That made a tremendous difference in my stress level during their care.

Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Busy clinics [Fertility Specialists of Texas], but incredibly private. Convenient locations throughout the metro. Additional physicians available at all times. Provide additional support through referrals for support groups, counseling, and acupuncture. Offer a wonderful meditation on procedure days.... Kelly and the entire nursing team were incredible. We were walked through all the injections and felt so confident in our ability to administer at home. Anytime we had questions or something was happening that caused panic or stress, they returned phone calls really quickly.
Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Busy clinics, but incredibly private. Convenient locations throughout the metro. Additional physicians available at all times. Provide additional support through referrals for support groups, counseling, and acupuncture. Offer a wonderful meditation on procedure days.
Dr. Chilvers always took the time to thoroughly explain the science behind what we were trying and the process. But, she never lost site of the emotional aspects of infertility treatments and made sure that my spouse and I were doing well through everything.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly )
Dr, Chilvers is an amazing physician who treats you with compassion while thoroughly explaining the process, risks, potential outcomes, etc. She always ensures understanding before moving forward. She focuses on both the patient and the spouse to help couples make decisions that are informed and best for each individual family.
Ask any question you have regarding your prognosis and treatment. She will make sure you are comfortable with everything and well informed.
Bundled payment for IVF that included all visits, procedures, and monitoring. Medications were always separate.
2013
We loved the nurses. The front staff was less nice as all they cared about was taking our credit card.
2013
She left a little information for us and speed through everything so fast that we felt like if we werent able to ask questions. we loved the nurses. the front staff was less nice as all they cared about was taking our credit card.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The nurses were so friendly and remembered you.... took interest in our cycle! it made it seem less stressful talking it out while giving blood all the time
My husband and I went in just finding out that he has 0% morphology when we met Dr. Chilvers.... she took in our ages and my miscarriage history only went over a little of my family history... basically drew out our conception chances on the back of our semen analysis paper. tellings us we were so young I at the time was 26 and DH was 33. that our chances are super high and nothing to worry about. she ordered little medication which I ended up needing to order more towards the end of stims. I got OHSS and they almost cancelled my cycle. we ended up going forward with the Egg Retrieval. We on our own decided we wanted to use ICSI and we are glad we did. we both truly liked Dr. Chilvers... she was just very new to the IVF world and seemed inexperienced. She did do out WTF appointment after and only recommended IVF ICSI again. She did call a few weeks after to check in on us.
Make sure she goes over everything with you slowly. We did visit her over two years ago so I'm sure shes a pro now!

2012 - 2019
Strengths: they [Fertility Specialists of Texas] know what they are doing, lots of experience. Lots of success with them. Weakness: It becomes a little 'businessy' at times and they are often busy and wait times are a little longer... [nurses] They were all good and seemed to be organized.... We tried IUI once and it went exactly as planned. I was on Folistim and I did the trigger shot when I was called and it all went as planned. He was very thorough.
2012 - 2019
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Strengths: they know what they are doing, lots of experience. Lots of success with them. Weakness: It becomes a little 'businessy' at times and they are often busy and wait times are a little longer
They are a busy office-because he's so great at what he does. Sometimes the waits were longer than we would have liked. But he does know his stuff!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Tiecha)
They were all good and seemed to be organized.
He's a wonderful Dr. He's a little quirky but knows what he's talking about. He's compassionate as well. Talks a little fast sometimes so I had to ask him to slow down or repeat what he said a couple of times. He did really take the time with us - multiple times - to talk through it all.
To do a little research on your own beforehand to get to know the terminology, general procedures, etc.
I can't remember exactly but it was under $5,000 for IUI.
He is pro SET, not a big fan of DET because of the possible complications and risk to mother.

Anovulation, Unexplained
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is nice. The staff greet you and are willing to help right away. Wait time is normally very short-I was always early and was seen early. The clinic is easy to get to. We drove in from about an hour away so, it was nice to be able to find it easily.... Everyone in office has been so caring. Brandi is the nurse that helped us. She was very compassionate and easy to contact!
Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is nice. The staff greet you and are willing to help right away. Wait time is normally very short-I was always early and was seen early. The clinic is easy to get to. We drove in from about an hour away so, it was nice to be able to find it easily.
Dr. Chilvers went over each observation with incredible detail and explanation. She makes me feel comfortable and aware of what is going on!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Brandi)
She is very thourough and understands my need to know the next step and the process of it all. She states when it is her opinion so that you are able to make your own judgement in certain situations. We are currently getting ready for our IVF and have just started our cycle. She was the reason I chose to change doctors because of the way she explains things and doesn't just say "looks good" as we heard for the previous 2 years.
Ask questions because she is not afraid of them! She is very knowledgeable and makes you feel like a person.
She was able to bill our insurance for some things which was nice since we do not have any fertility coverage.
Frisco

The front office [at Fertility Specialists of TX-Grapevine] kept calling me to make payments and I’m a loan patient!!! One time they told me that I was the one mistaken that I didn’t have an US only labs and I got 30 minutes down the road and they had to call me back for the US!!! I’ve also had to pay for a saline sonogram and they misquoted the cost the first time so I hadn’t paid enough, but then when they called to tell me stated I owed 400$. I threw a fit and she comes back on the phone saying it’s actually 103.24$ that you owe and then they wouldn’t see me until it was paid in full!! Well I went to the clinic with 100$ cash and they wouldn’t see my unless I paid then$3.24 SO STUPID! Another woman in the office helped me out and paid it.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Be prepared to never see your doctor. Be prepared to speak with the registered nurse about everything because Dr Patel didn’t explain all the detail and the registered nurse had to do that over the phone with me.
Mostly human but after I began treatments I didn’t see him at all, only the tech and nurse. The receptionist at Southlake is always very rude too. I have going other. The other locations are better.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Alyssa)
Sometimes they forgot to make call backs but when I called the next day they would get her in touch with me.
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
I just wish I could have seen more than at the conaultation. I didn’t even see him the morning of my egg retrevial. He didn’t go over the results with me at after either it was just...nothing from him.
Beware of Jennifer in Southlake. She is rude and needs a new job elsewhere.
Well he had me start stims before I had a period from stopping birth control. Then they thought stims wern’t working and increased my doses of stims, then I had a period and of course they kept me in the higher dose. I ended up with OHSS so bad.
35,000$
I wanted to place two but they will only place one because of my good health BUT I’m already out of pocket and have a loan for this and can’t pay for another FET so I’m terrified if it doesn’t work.

2014 - 2018
[The nurses at Fertility Specialists of Texas are] Very organized and quick to respond to any questions I had...Clinic is beautiful. Everyone is very friendly and understanding of your desire to have children. The rooms are clean, I never waited very long to be seen. Warm and inviting atmosphere vs cold doctors office!...We did stimming and egg retrieval and then froze all due to my estrogen being too high. We then waited a few weeks and did a frozen transfer of two embryos! Both stuck and we have twins!
2014 - 2018
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
He always asks how you’re doing, like truly. Not just because it the polite thing to ask. He takes the time to make sure all my questions are answered!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Very organized and quick to respond to any questions I had
He’s a little “all over the place” at times but it’s because he’s thinking of every angle of your care. He thinks out loud and truly wants the best possible outcome. He always makes sure I know the plan and that I’m doing okay mentally and emotionally throughout the process.
Just prepare for him to be a little spacey at times but he’s truly a fantastic doctor
My insurance covered 50% of our infertility treatment. So we paid about $10k for IVF and first transfer.
2 Eggs Frozen
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] offered military discount which was greatly appreciated...If you call the front desk, they are extremely helpful. I had great experience with the billing department. I love this clinic...The staff knew my name and I never felt like they were just talking from my chart, they knew my diagnosis and story...I couldn't have asked for a better nurse. Jami was quick to answer all my questions and explain everything with much detail. When we got bad news she knew just how to tell us and what to do next. I am so thankful for her and her skill.
2 Eggs Frozen
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The staff knew my name and I never felt like they were just talking from my chart, they knew my diagnosis and story. My nurse, Jami, and Dr. Noorhasan knew my husband and me and really care about results and outcomes
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Jami)
Dr. Noorhasan is friendly but can be stern. She tells you all risks and is not afraid to tell you when your decision is not best for optimal outcome. She performed all tests and my egg retrieval. I had to reschedule my embryo transfer because I was activated by the military and she was very concerned and helpful.
She is about to leave Fertility Specialist of Texas so you will not be able to choose her as a dr but I recommend the clinic!
The clinic offered military discount which was greatly appreciated, compared to other clinics it was comparable and even cheaper than others.
Describe Dorette Noorhasan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dr. Noorhasan recommended transferring 2 embryos but that is also all we got so that terrified my husband and I. We have chosen to transfer 1

Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The nursing staff [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] are kind of funny and friendly they answer all questions and never seem bothered if they don't rush you I felt like they really cared and genuinely want the best outcome for you... The clinic is very clean and comfortable the weights are not long they are sure to include your partner in every stop
Male Factor, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I felt treated like a human because I never felt like he rushed our appointments. I felt like he remembered us and answered any questions we needed
The nursing staff are kind of funny and friendly they answer all questions and never seem bothered if they don't rush you I felt like they really cared and genuinely want the best outcome for you
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Pito was very kind and approachable I never felt intimidated I always felt like I could be open with him and ask any questions that came to mind. He goes into great detail about procedures and options and make sure they are well educated and well informed for the decision-making process
Don't be afraid to ask plenty of questions for voice any concerns
Dr. Patel perform several screening lab work to determine my husband and my unique situation and the best form of treatment he went over all of the lab work in great detail and explain the best course of action
Each visit with the specialist co-pay and the HSG and Celine so now we're from my deductible

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[Fert Specialists of TX] Strengths - Great practice with talented doctors and nurses. Top notch equipment and lab. Weaknesses - too many patients resulting in less personalized care...[nURSE] Very organized, Smart, and knows her stuff. She was an active contributor of my care during my cycle. I sometimes only saw the doctor when the doctor was doing transfers or retrievals....Overall a ... pleasant practice but I believe they see too many patients resulting in less attention per patient.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I didn’t see him a lot and felt he wasn't an active part of my care.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly Moore )
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Very smart doctor. Great bedside manner but sees too many patients at a time. His travels were sometimes in the middle of a cycle causing me to see other doctors and nurses that were unfamiliar with my care. Overall a good doctor and pleasant practice but I believe they see too many patients resulting in less attention per patient.
Ask questions and don't be afraid to ask for a meeting with him if you don't see him at an appt. He will call you back sometimes at home to make sure all your questions are answered.
Birth Control, Follistim 300 and Menopur 300 and Ganirelix. Trigger with Ovidrel then Progesterone in Oil
My insurance covered most IVF procedures at 100%. Policy is out of Maryland. IVF limit $15,000 meds $5,000.
He suggested we transferred 2 embryos. He also thought frozen embryo transfers were better.
Grapevine

The entire clinic staff [Fertility Specialists of TX] was amazing. Very friendly and always wanting to help. They are quick to answer my calls and emails. They are great at explaining different things, and I believe that they truly care about the wellbeing of their patients. ... All of the nurses were so sweet, and really care about the patients. My nurse was amazing at explaining the next steps and helped me feel confident in the process.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The entire clinic staff was amazing. Very friendly and always wanting to help. They are quick to answer my calls and emails. They are great at explaining different things, and I believe that they truly care about the wellbeing of their patients.
Dr. Goldstein is a very nice and smart guy, with poor communication skills.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dr. Goldstein is very smart and knows what he is doing. He is not very timely, and has poor communication skills. He did well at explaining the basics of IVF but was not very good explaining things during the ultrasound. Other than that, I trust him with doing our IVF cycle.
To expect his poor communication skills, but know that he is a great doctor!
I haven’t started my treatment yet with him. I have only had an initial consult.
The entire IVF cost is around $16,000. The PGS testing is around $2,000

2017 - 2019
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is very organized and upfront about costs. It is extremely busy, but if you are not seeing a doctor they can typically get you in and out quickly. They do a lot of lab work in the office. I prefer to go to one office and not between two offices.... Insurance covered quite a bit of our cost, but overall we spent about $7k between egg retrieval and FET.... Dr. Goldstein is brilliant in his role. He’s very honest about what he believes is possible for you
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is very organized and upfront about costs. It is extremely busy, but if you are not seeing a doctor they can typically get you in and out quickly. They do a lot of lab work in the office. I prefer to go to one office and not between two offices.
Dr. Goldstein always takes the time to explain
Dr. Goldstein is brilliant in his role. He’s very honest about what he believes is possible for you and you can see him thinking through what step is best for you. He is the first doctor I have been to that was able to successfully achieve pregnancy on the first try. He has high expectations and holds his staff to the same.
He can be somewhat awkward in the beginning, but he is fantastic.
I can’t recall the drugs used for egg retrieval other than follostim. For FET I took estradiol and progesterone IM injections each day.
He advised that we should transfer one embryo as he has a high rate of twin pregnancies
Frisco

Clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is very busy, wait time is some times an hour for meeting with a doctor. But it is more than worth it. Routine labs and ultrasounds were quick and results early same day. Be patient with th process... [nurses] were kind, informative and kept in touch constantly during the process.... IVF retrieval and one frozen transfer $12,351... Dr. Goldstein took time, invested in us specifically and answered each question without hesitation or sugar coating it.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Clinic is very busy, wait time is some times an hour for meeting with a doctor. But it is more than worth it. Routine labs and ultrasounds were quick and results early same day. Be patient with th process
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Leanne and Amanda )
They were kind, informative and kept in touch constantly during the process.
The man is Wise, his wisdom and knowledge is something that I craved during this process. He provided education regarding each step, goals and possible out comes. He answers every question and put my fears to rest.
Take time to listen when he speaks and is explaining the process. Stop him and ask questions if you have any.
IVF retrieval and one frozen transfer $12,351
He stated the goal is one healthy pregnancy, a healthy baby and a healthy mom.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
All around fantastic organized clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas-Frisco]. They make sure you are informed every step of the way. I have nothing but positive things to say about them . From the front desk to the embryologist they will make sure you feel comfortable... They [the nursing staff] all worked well to deliver information timely either online or over the phone
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
All around fantastic organized clinic . They make sure you are informed every step of the way. I have nothing but positive things to say about them . From the front desk to the embryologist they will make sure you feel comfortable
He took the time to listen to us and treat us based on facts not just trying everything and taking our money
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Wendy)
They all worked well to deliver information timely either online or over the phone
Dr Goldstein is a wonderful doctor. We plan to visit him again to transfer our third embryo. He is very smart and straightforward yet Compassionate and caring. We have recommended him to all of our friends and family going through fertility treatments
We did egg retrieval with icsi and pgs testing. My husband had a reduced sperm count. We pgs tested dt prior miscarriages
Frisco

The staff [Fertility Specialists of Texas] isnt the greatest but at the end of the day, the one helping you make a baby is Dr. Patel.... [Nurse] To her defense. I haven't spoke to her a lot yet, it just seems impossible to get a hold of her.... I am just going to start my treatment and maybe that's why it's a little harder to speak to them. I am hoping once i have to be there every other day, my opinion will change.... Dr. Patel is very kind and very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Clinic Strengths- the doctors Weakness- the staff As i mentioned before, I am just going to start my treatment and maybe that's why it's a little harder to speak to them. I am hoping once i have to be there every other day, my opinion will change.
Dr. Patel is very kind and very knowledgeable. He makes my husband feel important and knows our situation.
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. Patel is great. I am trusting him on the biggest journey of my life. He is very detailed about everything and makes sure we understand. I never feel like I'm just one more patient. I feel like he takes the time to get to know us. We trust him.
The staff isnt the greatest but at the end of the day, the one helping you make a baby is Dr. Patel.
I am starting our IVF in October,and I already have the list of the meds and a clear understanding of what's coming next.
Around $7000 with insurance, not including meds.
Dr. Patel prefers to do a single embryo because of the risk of carrying multiples.

Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Minimal wait time. Very friendly staff, nurses and doctor Goldstein is wonderful! Very comfortable environment and everyone was very welcoming from the beginning and each time we’ve been to the office. My husband and I are very glad that we chose Fertility Specialists of TX and especially Dr. Goldstein.... We were quoted around 2k for our IUI not including medication... [Nursing Staff] Very friendly and knowledgeable !
Anovulation, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Dr. Goldstein and all of his staff made my husband and I feel extremely comfortable.
Very friendly and knowledgeable !
Dr. Goldstein is very good at what he does! My husband and I came in feeling very nervous and he set our mind at ease. Very friendly and compassionate. Not only that, he explained everything in detail and answered all of our questions. We were not rushed out of the office — we felt very at home and like we’ve k own him for years. Just a wonderful man.
$60 copay and some charges for blood work. We were quoted around 2k for our IUI not including medication
Endometriosis, PCOS
The doctors [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] are awesome. The staff could use some work...The front desk nurses were not friendly and showed no compassion. They were always moody and I always felt like I was a inconvenience to them...I have OHSS and don't ovulate like I should so I was given pills to try and bring a normal period. They did not work. I was also given birth control to regulate my periods. Which also did not work.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The doctors are awesome. The staff could use some work. Go in with a open mind
He took his time to explain everything that was going to happen to me and made sure I was comfortable
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
He was easy to speak to and listened to all my concerns and reassured me. He was also very blunt and straight forward with what was going to happen which I liked. He took his time with me being the first time I have seen a RE.
Make a list of questions and take it with you. Ask ask ask.
Because of my age and how infrequent my periods are I was told I would need to transfer to embryos.

1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
They [Fert Specialists of TX] have a lot of patients so the wait time can vary. If you need time to talk they will definately give you time for questions or concerns...Everyone knew me by name. And were always pleasant...[nurse] Jamie always responded quickly. She answered my questions. They knew me by name. When i lost my babies Jamie called me after hours to let me know she was thinking of me...
1 IVF, Donor Sperm
Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
They have a lot of patients so the wait time can vary. If you need time to talk they will definately give you time for questions or concerns.
Dr Noorhassan was always comforting. She never sugar coated anything. Everyone knew me by name. And were always pleasant
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Jamie )
Dr Noorhasan was always easy to talk to. She answered my questions, she was always concerned about my feelings and mental state during the process. She laughed with me and she show compassion when I lost my twins at nine weeks. She reassured me that I did nothing wrong.
The advice i would give to stay positive and be patient.
Describe the protocols Dorette Noorhasan used in your cycles at Fertility Specialists of Texas and their degree of success.
I am not sure of the protocol name, but I think it was Agonists. I took Ganirellix 6 boxes, menopur, lupron, follistim 900 iu and 300 iu progesterone, baby aspirin. Estrogen pills
I told my doctor how many embryos i wanted to transfer. She was ok with it because of my age. I am 37.
Dallas

It [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is a small clinic. It is easy to get to know people. The doctor is not always at your specific clinic so availability is not always guaranteed. The clinic is far from our house so making it to the many appointments was a challenge.... Nurse was good. Nurse drawing blood was inexperienced and resulted in bruising.... [Cost Of Treatment] $23,000 total with drugs... Dr. Patel took time to explain the process. He also did both the egg retrieval and embryo transfer
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
It is a small clinic. It is easy to get to know people. The doctor is not always at your specific clinic so availability is not always guaranteed. The clinic is far from our house so making it to the many appointments was a challenge.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Nurse was good. Nurse drawing blood was inexperienced and resulted in bruising.
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
It was a very good experience. He took time to explain the IVF process and answer any questions we had. He also took an aggressive approach/protocol to retrieve as many eggs as possible. He was also there in person for the egg retrieval and embryo transfer.
Ask lots of questions.
IVF/ICSI antagonist. Low ovarian reserve. Only 8 eggs retrieve.
$23,000 total with drugs
First time IVF so single embryo was agreed upon approach.
Grapevine

[Fert Specialists of TX - Frisco] Strengths: usually short wait times, compassionate staff, individual care Weaknesses: no locations south of Dallas, all were a long drive for us...Kelly was our care coordinator/oversaw most of our care. She was always kind and helpful....There was just one incident of miscommunication about what the next protocol would be, but nothing major...Dr. Goldstein was always caring and compassionate. He truly cares about every patient.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr. G was always honest but compassionate. He is not the most articulate doctor, but he always explained everything in detail and was always willing to answer questions. He uses an individual approach instead of cookie cutter.
Follow all instructions carefully and ask questions if you don't understand.
We used frozen eggs from a previous doc for the first cycle. It ended in an early loss. At a previous doctor I ovulated through the meds, so Dr. Goldstein prescribed Lupron as part of my protocol. For the 2nd and 3rd transfers we used Lupron again.
We had insurance coverage for most of the procedures.
It depends on the patient. He seems to prefer SET, but will transfer two if he thinks it will give the best chance as long as the patient consents
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Dr noorhasan [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] is knowledgable and knows her limitations as well. We do not present as a typical infertility case, and rather than continue on the same course of treatment, she has recommended a third opinion that is not standard of care knowing that it could help us achieve our goal of having a baby. She has also presented us with other options for treatment such as using a gestational carrier should we choose to go that route instead.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
This clinic has a very strong embryology lab and team.
Dr. Noorhasan and her staff are respectful of my privacy and give specific instructions for each phase of my visits. She has managed my miscarriages with the utmost care and tact.
Dr noorhasan is knowledgable and knows her limitations as well. We do not present as a typical infertility case, and rather than continue on the same course of treatment, she has recommended a third opinion that is not standard of care knowing that it could help us achieve our goal of having a baby. She has also presented us with other options for treatment such as using a gestational carrier should we choose to go that route instead.
IVF with ICSI and PGS testing of our embryos. We already had done IVF and were unsuccessful so it made sense to try again with more information about our embryos. We still did not achieve our goal of having a baby but it appears that I may not be able to carry a baby due to uterine issues that are unknown at this point.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Surrogacy
Super friendly staff [Fertility Specialists of Texas] and everyone was really excited and supportive throughout the whole process....It's a very nice space and it was easy to deal with any issues that came up with their staff. Very direct and communicative. We were always able to reach the person we needed to within a few hours of calling...He's [Dr. Goldstein] great - very smart and direct but lets you make decisions based on the information that he presents. We felt like he cared about our process and he was supportive throughout and always available to answer questions or concerns we might have had
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Super friendly staff and everyone was really excited and supportive throughout the whole process.
He's great - very smart and direct but lets you make decisions based on the information that he presents. We felt like he cared about our process and he was supportive throughout and always available to answer questions or concerns we might have had.
Don't hesitate! He's a great Doctor.
He strongly suggested the transfer of one embryo based on success rates and he was happy that we agreed.

1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
[Fert Specialists of TX - G'vine] Everything from egg retrieval to transfer to surrogate was 21,000...Right before my egg retrieval they couldn't find my SO paperwork allowing his sperm to be freezed....They called me everyday to inform me of my bloodwork. Answered any questions I had....Everything was very smooth. They walked us through the process....From the first time I saw Dr. Patel he took his time with us and did not make us feel rushed. He took time with our surrogate and when we had a miscarriage he stayed positive and explained what we should do next.
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I do not have any negatives
Like a human because he took time to explain things and didn't feel rushed
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Everything was very smooth. They walked us through the process.
I don't remember exactly. I was on menpur and gonal f for two weeks.
Everything from egg retrieval to transfer to surrogate was 21,000
He recommended 2 embryos because of my age.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Strength [of Fertility Specialists of Texas, Grapevine] is the technology; weakness is ancillary staff.... Ancillary staff distant, non-empathetic... My nurse is fantastic; the billing department is another story. They called and said I had 9 days to pay $22,000. ... I was never told the name of the protocol used but for the next round of treatment I know it is an alternative protocol utilizing HGH.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Strength is the technology; weakness is ancillary staff.
Ancillary staff distant, non-empathetic
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Kelly moore)
My nurse is fantastic; the billing department is another story. They called and said I had 9 days to pay $22,000. To me that is ridiculous.
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
He was unable to perform my retrieval due to vacation and prior arrangements. I was not anticipating only seeing him twice today out of all my appointments. He is extremely knowledgeable and confident, however due to the expansion and volume of patients I felt like a dollar sign.
Be aware he will NOT be there for all appointments.
I have not reached the transfer stage at this time.
Grapevine
He [Dr. Goldstein] addressed the medical side but validated that what we were going through wasn't easy and he cared about physical and emotional. The only down side is that every time we go in, it seems like he forgets who we are and needs to go over our whole chart to remember.
I felt like he was able to put emotion to what we were going through. He addressed the medical side but validated that what we were going through wasn't easy and he cared about physical and emotional. The only down side is that every time we go in, it seems like he forgets who we are and needs to go over our whole chart to remember.
He is very knowledgable! After 3 other fertility doctors who weren't able to solve our problem, he figured it out at consult and had we scheduled for surgery a week later. I have waited to be seen by him, but I trust him and will continue my care with him!
Be patient, be prepared to review your history several times. I believe he is taking it all in and that helps him make a decision.

2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinic [Fertility Specialists of Texas] is busy, very busy! Yet I have never felt like a number! Everyone is warm and friendly! It can be hard to wait at any doctor's office. The longest I've ever waited might be 15-20 minutes. The staff really work as a team so if your regular doctor or nurse is unavailable, feel comfortable seeing one of the others... Sarah Kramer is a top-notch nurse and caregiver! She follows up, answers questions clearly, communicates if she is going to be out of the office. Really all of the staff at Fertility Specialists of Texas (Frisco office) are top-notch!
European, Other
2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The clinic is busy, very busy! Yet I have never felt like a number! Everyone is warm and friendly! It can be hard to wait at any doctor's office. The longest I've ever waited might be 15-20 minutes. The staff really work as a team so if your regular doctor or nurse is unavailable, feel comfortable seeing one of the others.
Dr. Goldstein took the time to sit with us, review our history and really discuss what we had been through. He sympathized and was really caring from our first meeting on.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Sarah Kramer)
Dr. Goldstein related to us as patients and listened attentively while we reviewed our treatment history and losses. He definitely shows sympathy for losses that have occurred even though they were not while under his care.
Be open and provide as much history and info you can. He will listen and truly wants to help.
He examined my uterus after reviewing my history, diagnoses from previous doctors, and discussed what he thought about our plan moving forward.
Some appointments we had no charges Some we paid out of pocket as our insurance did not cover fertility treatment Ultrasound & lab appointments: $550 cash cost

PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
There was no emotion of what we was going through. Sometimes not even eye contact from some of the staff [at Fertility Specialists of Texas]...Some nursing staff i felt was rude. When I walked up to get checked in, i was telling her about the paperwork the doctor ask me to bring and she pick up the phone and started talking. Like I wasn't talking to her! She didnt even say hold on or excuse me. I think to work there you have to not show emotions. But there was like tge check in nurse and the coordinator that was very friendly and explaing every step!
PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
The offices are beautiful and c cold. The staff is there to work not to be kind or thoughtful of what you going through! Bring someone with you each visit because you want get any support or sympathy for your situation with the doctor or staff.
What specific things went wrong at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
I believe he is good st wjat he does. But not so good at the emotionsl part, the bedside manners. I would recommend him for the knowledge he has in the field but not for his bedside manners. Thought he gave less interest when he found out that we would need assistance in helping us pay for treatment. But overall i would go through him because hes a great doctor in that field.
I feel he woll get the job done just dont expect an emotional connection or response.
We first went and he talked to us asking why we were there...which I felt was a crazy question. But we tslk in his office, he schedule a blood test, then told us what was going on. Then he came up with a plan.
Very high

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The cost for an IVF cycle (not including meds) is around 15,000 [at Fertility Specialists of Texas]...I wish it was a little more affordable or that payments plans were an option...There were times when it felt like a cattle call going in for monitoring. There would be 10 girls in the waiting room, get em in, look at the follicles, do bloodwork, go on your way...Overall they [nurses] are very friendly. I think they want the best possible outcome for you!...
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
I think like all businesses they are in the money making business. It's beneficial to them to have as many patients as possible. I wish it was a little more affordable or that payments plans were an option. Their reputation is very good though. I believe many people have had success with them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas.
Overall they are very friendly. I think they want the best possible outcome for you!
How was your experience with Satin Patel at Fertility Specialists of Texas?
Dr Patel isn't the warmest doctor I've ever been to, but I do believe he's good. He explained all options and his recommendations. There were times when I would ask what all I can be doing on my end and he would say nothing and I felt that was frustrating because I do believe there are things patients can do (lifestyle changes).
He's very professional and seems knowledgeable.
IVF, ICSI, PGS
The cost for an IVF cycle (not including meds) is around 15,000.
He highly recommended single embryo transfer which we did.
Grapevine

My nurse [at Fertility Specialists of Texas] was excellent she kept in touch through the process and was accessible for any questions I had...I like the clinic because it was close to my job at that time. The only problem is I wished they had working hours after 5 pm or weekends. The other problem was the surgery center is located in Frisco which is a little far for me...She [Dr. Dorette Noorhasan] is a good doctor with a lot of patience and is able to explain treatments.
Describe your experience with Fertility Specialists of Texas.
She did explain all the treatments and procedures to us. She made us feel good about the decision we were making at that time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Specialists of Texas. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Morton )
My nurse was excellent she kept in touch through the process and was accessible for any questions I had.
She is a good doctor with a lot of patience and is able to explain treatments. We enjoyed the experience, but due to excessive stress in my job the treatment did not work for us. We are in the process of trying again for the last time.
Ask questions
I believe $8900 for the treatment, $500 for anesthesia, and almost $5000 for medication. My insurance took care of diagnosis, blood work and ultrasound
We had a multiple embryos transfer