FertilityAnswers

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
500 Rue de la Vie
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
206 E. Farrel Rd.
Lafayette, LA 70508
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend FertilityAnswers to a friend?
Strengths would probably be the nurses, ultrasound team is awesome and knowledge of doctors. Weaknesses, I feel are that the doctor isn't always there [Fertility Answers] if it's not there day at the clinic even thought they try. They can't be in Baton Rogue and Lafayette at the same time. Also only doing transfers and retrevials certain times during a one month period.
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Strengths would probably be the nurses, ultrasound team is awesome and knowledge of doctors. Weaknesses, I feel are that the doctor isn't always there if it's not there day at the clinic even thought they try. They can't be in Baton Rogue and Lafayette at the same time. Also only doing transfers and retrevials certain times during a one month period. Not sure that it's like this at other clinics, but when getting in this process I wish it wasn't pushed back 2 months at a time if something happens. People going through infertility I feel have waited a long time through saving and patience and I feel time of is the essence but what the clinic offers isn't week to week unfortunately.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Being forced into such a small window to retrieve and to transfer works off of what's easiest for the hospital/clinic. Not what works best for the patient in my opinion. Other smaller clinics don't do it this way from my understanding.
Nurses were nice. I can't say I have any complaints. They've explained everything thus far and always call back the same day if I have a request or question.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Very easy to talk to, you can tell she loves what she does. As a patient I feel like she's doing what is best for my partner and I. Explained everything very well and made sure we knew what we are getting into.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Ask any questions don't be afraid your asking a silly question, they have heard it almost all before.
Describe the protocols Susan Conway used in your cycles at FertilityAnswers and their degree of success.
For IUI I used metronome, 2.5mg ×2 For 5 nights and 200mg progesterone suppositories after all IUI's. I had a trigger shot of pregnyl and had 1ml. 24-36 hours before IUI was done. I responded well to medicine and my follicles were a great size, but all IUI's were unsuccessfull.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers.
Prescreening lab(f) 500 Prescreening labs (m) 300 Semen analysis 150 Follicular studies and hormone studies 2,500 Stim start w/pgs 9,650 Medication 2,700 Legal counseling 400 Anesthesia 525
Describe Susan Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at FertilityAnswers.
Dr. Conway is pro single embryo fransfer. Even more so if they are PGS tested.
Baton Rouge
There were two nurses Frieda and Suzanne that were knowledgeable. There was also one nurse a Amy who clearly did not know the process well & could never answer my questions...The clinic [FertilityAnswers] operates most clinics. No surprises. ...Be prepared to be on meds longer than anticipated due to their schedule.... transfers in Baton Rouge some months...$1500 initial labs $364 mock transfer
European, Other
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Nothing really needs to be said. The clinic operates most clinics. No surprises. There is no reals pros on cons that need to be mentioned. You go in, get labs drawn first, ultrasound second, then see the nurse. You only see Stormant at the initial visit, egg retrieval, and transfer. I saw him one other tome when I had questions about PGS.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
Your cycle is completely based on their schedule
There were two nurses Frieda and Suzanne that were knowledgeable. There was also one nurse a Amy who clearly did not know the process well & could never answer my questions l. I have a Masters in Nursing so I know appropriate responses vs just trying to get by.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
He as a doctor and a communicator is second to none. He is very knowledgeable. He is easy to talk to. Nonjudgemental. Professional. Considerate. Great bedside manner. He is extremely caring and comes across truly hopeful for your success in growing your family not just his statistics.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
Describe the protocols John Storment used in your cycles at FertilityAnswers and their degree of success.
I was put on a small dose of meds due to my history of ovarian torsion and overstimulation. I wasn’t happy with my results if only 4 eggs and one embryo when we started with 11 follicles but Dr Stormant seems confident that we will have success. We opted for a freeze all cycle due to my history of overstimulation. I am awaiting my FET and will be on meds for 41 days while awaiting the Lafayette transfer day.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Storment at FertilityAnswers.
$1500 initial labs $364 mock transfer $4000 meds $2600 labs $400 lawyer consents $3250 MD $1500 egg retrieval $400 anesthesia That’s all we have paid so far
Describe John Storment's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at FertilityAnswers.
Cannot comment on this as we only made one embryo
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
Scheduling is very easy and if appointments are not easily available they [Fertility Answers are willing to work with you to find us sooner spot through cancellations. I also love that they had the option to do home collection for semen analysis....At the first visit I met with Michelle individually in her own office and she took a photo to associate with my file because many people are so nervous undergoing fertility treatments that they don't realize she is using the wrong chart. I thought this was a great idea and Michelle was always prompt in returning online communications.
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Scheduling is very easy and if appointments are not easily available they are willing to work with you to find us sooner spot through cancellations. I also love that they had the option to do home collection for semen analysis.
Dr. Storment is very friendly and met with me individually and answered all of my questions and described everything in great detail.
Describe your experience with your nurse at FertilityAnswers. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
At the first visit I met with Michelle individually in her own office and she took a photo to associate with my file because many people are so nervous undergoing fertility treatments that they don't realize she is using the wrong chart. I thought this was a great idea and Michelle was always prompt in returning online communications. Michelle was frequently in my doctor's appointment with Dr. Storment so that everyone was on the same page.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
I first saw Dr. Storment to receive an HSG. It was quite painful because one of my tubes was blocked but he was very understanding and compassionate and concerned. When I met with him for a follow up appointment, he explained everything in great detail and drew out the diagram of my options including IUI or a laparoscopy. He encouraged me to get the laparoscopy and I'm very glad I did because he found a lot of unknown issues which he fixed.
Learn everything you can before embarking upon fertility treatments. That way Dr. Storment can use your time effectively to explain the more complicated and nuanced processes involved in fertility treatment.
Dr. Storment recommended undergoing laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery for a proximally blocked Fallopian tube. The surgery did indeed find polyps and scar tissue blocking the tube as well as endometriosis and scar tissue in the abdominal cavity, all of which he removed.
The fee for an initial consult is around $350 and if you use them for IUI treatment or IVF treatments that money goes towards the balance. For my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy after 90% co-pay on insurance I only owed $150. My HSG was $350.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
the clinic [Fertility Answers] itself is amazing. in house lab, blood work, ultrasound. it makes it so nice to be able to go to one place and have it all done for you. Of course they are busy so sometimes you have to wait. But they are always ready whenever you need. If your IUI timing falls on a saturday they are right there waiting with no hesitation.... 1 Injectable IUI cycle is $1750 and that includes all the monitoring and the IUI istelf. Then I pay about $1000 for the meds.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
the clinic itself is amazing. in house lab, blood work, ultrasound. it makes it so nice to be able to go to one place and have it all done for you. Of course they are busy so sometimes you have to wait. But they are always ready whenever you need. If your IUI timing falls on a saturday they are right there waiting with no hesitation.
I felt like both, more in the middle. During the checkups it was more like ok this is your chart and not remember my name. But on IUI day Dr storment called me by name and made me feel so very comfortable.
They were kind and upbeat but definitely have a lot on their plates and can't always remember that they have met me before. but always so kind and answer all my questions
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
He has always been kind, considerate, patient and optimistic. He always wanted the best possible outcome from my experience. He never made me feel like I was less than or just a paycheck. I always feel like my best interest is at heart when making and executing my plan of action.
To be prepared, be ready to get on it but also be ready to be patient. The process is a long hard one.
My protocols have been pretty similar. CD3 take 10 pills of femera. CD5-10 100units of follistim. Checkup. Ultrasound and bloodwork. Then usually followed by 2-3 more days of stims and another followup apt. IUI usually done CD14-17. Trigger shot when i have at least 1 follicle at around CD19. Internal progesterone starting day after IUI. Beta test to follow 14 days after IUI.
Lafayette
Nursing staff [Fertility Answers] was always helpful. The only time I had an issue was when I was provided the wrong fee schedule, and no one realized it until after my loan had been processed.... Strengths: communication, time spent with patients, available for questions, portal is convenient for records & communication as well, although most of the communication is through the nurses & IVF coordinator, Dr. Conway was always available when I did need to speak with her.
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Strengths: communication, time spent with patients, available for questions, portal is convenient for records & communication as well, although most of the communication is through the nurses & IVF coordinator, Dr. Conway was always available when I did need to speak with her. Weaknesses: none really to note
I was treated like a human. Each time I needed additional info or more time with nurses, I was given exactly what I needed. They were always available to answer any questions I had.
Nursing staff was always helpful. The only time I had an issue was when I was provided the wrong fee schedule, and no one realized it until after my loan had been processed. Fortunately, my loan company was very easy to work with, and I was able to change my loan to accommodate my updated fee schedule. Otherwise, the nursing staff was absolutely amazing.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Conway is exceptional. She’s knowledgeable, and takes time to explain your individual situation, and set expectations for the outcome based on what is known at the time. Dr. Conway had higher expectations set for me based on mine and my husband’s Unknown diagnosis. I had a great response to the medications prescribed, and a great number of Follicles. When it came time for egg retrieval however, only 8 of my follicles were the right size, and only 4 of them resulted in mature eggs, so now we believe our Unexplained infertility is due to Immature Eggs. Once we received the call explaining that only 2 of the 4 fertilized, I immediately requested that Dr. Conway call me to discuss switching from a frozen transfer with PGS testing tk a fresh transfer with no PGS testing. Dr. Conway called me back within an hour, and we discussed everything, and she agreed that in this scenario, it would be much better to do the fresh transfer without the testing. She left me feeling very confident that even though my numbers weren’t what we were expecting, we could still have a successful pregnancy. We are currently in the two-week-wait from that transfer. Dr. Conway has helped me feel less stressed by providing me as much information as I could possibly want, when I want it.
Dr. Conway is encouraging, and also realistic. She does not give false hope. I would say her bedside manner is “just warm enough”. I tend to value knowledge and information over a warm bedside manner though, and I would say Dr. Conway is a great fit for that.
My protocol included birth control for 3 weeks, then injections as follows: Menopur 75 IU and Follistim 150 IU for 9 days, with the last three days including ganirelix 75IU. My dosage never changes because I was responding very consistently. Dr. Conway ALWAYS values quality over quantity. The goal was to get as many eggs as possible, and my follicles grew exactly as she needed them to (prior to egg retrieval). At egg retrieval, a different doctor performed the retrieval, and only retrieved 8 eggs, and only 4 were mature, and only 2 fertilized, and only 1 survived to day 5 and was transferred. Once we decided to switch from a frozen transfer to a fresh transfer, I began taking Estrace twice daily, progesterone injections once daily, baby aspirin once daily, and a prenatal vitamin (which I had already been on for several months) once daily.
There was a $250 consultation fee, but all other costs were provided to me on a fee schedule. Those costs included any pre-screening that needed to be done for me and for my husband.
My husband and I wanted to transfer two embryos initially. Dr. Conway believes in transferring ONE embryo, almost always. She is a strong advocate for the baby, and wants the healthiest outcome possible for the baby, so once she explained this to us, we agreed that if we had multiple embryos to choose from, we should just transfer one.
Baton Rouge
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
It can take a little bit of time to get an appointment [at Fertility Answers]. It’s a very clean clinic and nicely decorated. The equipment is new. They do take a lot of days off for holidays, so it can make some scheduling an issue, but they have weekend hours when needed for patients undergoing treatment...The staff took as much time as I needed to ensure that all of my questions were answered. No matter how trivial.
European, Native American, Other
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
It can take a little bit of time to get an appointment. It’s a very clean clinic and nicely decorated. The equipment is new. They do take a lot of days off for holidays, so it can make some scheduling an issue, but they have weekend hours when needed for patients undergoing treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at FertilityAnswers. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The patients are assigned a nurse to answer their calls and any questions they may have. Unfortunately there was some unexpected turnover when I was there, but each nurse I had was very professional and caring. They were very supportive and always great cheerleaders to have in your corner. The nurses are responsible for making and adjusting your calendar based on your doctor’s recommendations. Anytime there was a change, I was notified promptly and the changes as well as the reasons for them were explained in depth.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Storment is a patient and caring doctor. He can seem a bit rushed sometimes, but he will always take the time to answer questions and ease your concerns. He cares about your successes and losses. It’ rare to find doctors who care nowadays.
Try to get yourself as healthy as possible beforehand. And ask any question that comes to you. Don’t leave with questions.
For IUIs I took Femara and used an HCG trigger shot. I responded well the first time so the same protocol was used for the second IUI. The reasoning for the trigger shot, though I ovulate on my own, was to ensure that the eggs were released. For IVF stimming, I had a fairly relaxed protocol. When I expressed concerns over the small number of eggs, 5, I was assured there would be more at retrieval. The clinic provides a personalized and detailed calendar for every treatment. I followed my calendar and their recommendations to the letter and had a successful retrieval of 9 eggs with no complications. Though only 3 embryos made it to day 5, I still count it as a successful treatment. Transfers went smoothly and a staff member was always there every step of the way.
We had no insurance coverage so everything was out of pocket. Around $3,000 for each IUI. Around $20,000, including medication, for IVF.
My doctor adjusts his recommendations for the number of embryos to transfer based on the individual client.
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
They [the nurses at Fertility Answers] were friendly and helpful. However, I was unsure about some of the information gathered from the bloodwork. I had to ask them what some of the results meant, because they did not tell me. Also. The process was a little fast...Strengths -everyone was very friendly and helpful Weakness -they need to discuss results with the patients and I would like to have seen the dr more...IUI was 1300 Medicine (pills) 131
Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
The doctor and nurses were very informative and helpful with any questions I had.
They were friendly and helpful. However, I was unsure about some of the information gathered from the bloodwork. I had to ask them what some of the results meant, because they did not tell me. Also. The process was a little fast.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Dr Conway was friendly and personable. Some things were not explained clearly. I did not see her as much as I thought I would have. Most of my visits were with the nurses. Even when trying to figure out next steps, I wouldn't have minded talking with a Dr about why the IUIs failed.
Ask questions and be proactive.
We were recommended to start with an IUI, because my partially blocked fallopian tube wasn't a major issue, and my husband's sperm was fine. I went in on cycle day 3 for an ultrasound to make sure there were follicles and no cysts. Days 3-7, I was to take 5 mg of Letrazole to make a couple of large follicles. We stopped having Intercourse a couple if days before our next ultrasound (cycle day 10) and bloodwork. This ultrasound and bloodwork was to check for the size of follicles (19 and 21) and lining (9.5), as well as to make sure I haven't already ovulated. The nurses called that night to tell when to give my self a trigger shot (that night). We were to come back in 2 days to get our IUI. We were not told the sperm count, just that it was adequate. The IUI failed.
IUI was 1300 Medicine (pills) 131
None
Baton Rouge
I spoke to a different nurse [at Fertility Answers] every time. Nothing was consistent and I never felt like anyone knew who I was. I was just a number...1,300 for IUI with Letrozole $200 for medication...Bloodwork and ultrasounds were done quickly. But I always felt rushed to get out of there. The financial department refused to submit things to my insurance company until I insisted. Turns out the one I insisted that they submit was covered. Know your insurance benifits before going in.
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
The clinic was convenient because it was 5 minutes from my house. Bloodwork and ultrasounds were done quickly. But I always felt rushed to get out of there. The financial department refused to submit things to my insurance company until I insisted. Turns out the one I insisted that they submit was covered. Know your insurance benifits before going in.
Dr. Conway never remembered who we were and we did 4 IUI’s with her. On the final IUI she actually walked into the room and said “hey guys! So is this your first IUI?” When we told he no, she looked at her notes and said “oh yea, you’re the ones who keep trying these.” It was super awkward and rude.
I spoke to a different nurse every time. Nothing was consistent and I never felt like anyone knew who I was. I was just a number.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
I only saw Dr. Conway for our initial consult, HSG and IUI’s. For one of our IUI’s there was a tropical storm in the gulf and she triggered me one night and did the IUI about 12 hours later. I was so upset knowing that she did this to avoid having to deal with the fact that there may be a tropical storm within the 36 hour window. I never felt like she timed our IUI’s right.
Ask lots of questions and do your own research!
For an IUI cycle I would go in for a baseline scan on day 2-3 of my cycle. If everything looked good I would then take Letrozole from day 3-7. I would go in for an ultrasound and bloodwork around day 10-11 to check follicle size and then I would wait to hear from the nurse for instructions on when to administer the trigger shot. After the trigger shot, our IUI would be anywhere from 12-36 hours after. It was never consistent.
1,300 for IUI with Letrozole $200 for medication
2011 - 2016
The staff [at FertilityAnswers] was always friendly. I don’t think I ever came in contact with someone who wasn’t smiling and helpful. I can’t think of a single weakness or area that needs improvement. I’m very pleased with how both of my treatment cycles went and the care I received...Suzanne [nurse] was wonderful! She was friendly, professional, and always willing to explain details and answer my questions.
2011 - 2016
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
The staff was always friendly. I don’t think I ever came in contact with someone who wasn’t smiling and helpful. I can’t think of a single weakness or area that needs improvement. I’m very pleased with how both of my treatment cycles went and the care I received.
Dr. Storment always took his time with us during our appointments. We weren’t rushed. He was very thorough when explaining tests, treatments, and outcomes. We were encouraged to ask questions. I felt like he really knew us and knew what we needed vs my regular OB who often had to look in my chart to remember what treatment we were even doing or how to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at FertilityAnswers. (Assigned nurse: Suzanne )
Suzanne was wonderful! She was friendly, professional, and always willing to explain details and answer my questions.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Storment is very friendly, easy to talk to, thorough, and professional. I felt like I was in extremely capable hands while I was his patient. Under his care, I had two children (both on the first IUI cycle each time) and each cycle could not have gone any smoother.
Do your own research and be your own advocate. After struggling with fertility and seeing my regular OBGYN for almost a year, I had lots of questions that he couldn’t answer. When I went to Dr. Storment, he was prepared and capable of answering each question and was pleased that I was taking the initiative in researching procedures and treatments. Don’t wait for doctors to tell you everything. Learn about things related to your care so you can come prepared with questions and concerns.
IUI cycle 1: Femara pills, trigger shot, and IUI using my husband’s frozen sperm (he was out of town at work). The Femara was used because I had a reaction to clomid previously with my OBGYN. Trigger shot was to release eggs in preparation for IUI. IUI was needed because my husband had too many white blood cells in his semen that impeded their ability to reach the egg for fertilization. Resulted in one healthy baby IUI 2: Femara + injections, trigger shot, and IUI using husband’s sperm provided on same day. Femara was used because it had worked for me previously, injections were used because I only had one egg with Femara and he wanted to make sure I’d have more mature follicles to better our chances of pregnancy, trigger shot and IUI were used for same reasons as mentioned above. Resulted in one healthy baby
I cannot remember specific costs but the total for each IUI including medications, ultrasounds, lab work, etc. was close to $3000
Does not apply to me
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
HSG [at Fertility Answers] was $500. IUI would have been approximately $1200...Maybe I was overreacting, but I thought the nursing staff was a bit unfriendly (on one or two particular occasions over the phone). Otherwise, they seemed fairly cordial. My husband was not allowed to go into my HSG procedure with me. It seemed like this caused a little bit of friction because I was scared and wanted him, too.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Nice building..we did have to drive about 2 hrs to get to the Lafayette location for any tests/procedures!
In some ways, I felt like a human and respected. But in other ways, I felt like my wishes were not considered. I was not ready to do IUI at that time, but that is all that I was presented with for options. I had to go back to my primary care GYN to receive the basic fertility treatment that I wanted at that time (fertility pills/monitored cycles).
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
Md was friendly. As a whole, I felt like my wishes were not considered as I had wanted. I only met with this particular Md once I think, but i did have communication through the nurses with him later on. He definitely listened and answered questions during that one particular visit. He requested an HSG, which I did with another dr in their practice.
Ask detailed questions early on and what their plan for you is. I was not impressed with my overall treatment regimen, even though I was only seen a couple times. Maybe it would have gotten better if I would have followed exactly what their plan was, but I believe I have the right to my own treatment in certain aspects. I wish I would have been presented with more options, instead of the "take it or leave it" approach.
First visit was an initial conult. Second visit, I had an HSG done, which showed patent tubes. Then, i had labs for PCOS, which came back negative. Afterward, i was given the option of IUI or nothing. I wanted to start basic treatment with fertility pills only; they would not do this. If you want aggressive treatment, this is the place to go.
Insurance did not cover anything. Initial consult was close to $200, I think. HSG was $500. IUI would have been approximately $1200.
Lafayette
They [the nurses at Fertility Answers] were great. They were fast and efficient. They also didn't make me feel stupid about any of the questions I asked or about showing me over and over how to do injections...The clinic was connected to Womans hospital, so some of the tests I did had to be done there. They do split the billing so you had the hospital fee on top of the specialist fee. That wasn't ideal, but it was what it was.
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bobby Webster at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Webster was just really caring and warm. He and his staff knew when to be extra sensitive. They were always really willing to answer questions.
They were great. They were fast and efficient. They also didn't make me feel stupid about any of the questions I asked or about showing me over and over how to do injections.
How was your experience with Bobby Webster at FertilityAnswers?
I have nothing negative to say about dr. Webster. I have a beautiful baby boy because of him. He is retired now, which makes me sad because I would love to see him again for my next pregnancy. He was respectful of my time and my circumstances. He was reassuring and calm during the course of my treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bobby Webster at FertilityAnswers?
I would tell prospective patients to not give up. Dr Webster really knew what he was doing and I never felt like he was experimenting on me or just running through the typical portfolio of treatment. Before seeing dr Webster, I did have a dr who did this and it was infuriating.
Describe the protocols Bobby Webster used in your cycles at FertilityAnswers and their degree of success.
He was very specific on how large the follicles needed to be in order for us to have a shot at pregnancy via iui. If he saw something not working, rather than risk a miscarriage or doomed pregnancy, he would tell me we needed to wait till the next cycle
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bobby Webster at FertilityAnswers.
Fertility treatment is expensive. That's not the fault of any doctor. From my consultation, I could tell that it really fired dr Webster up that fertility isn't typically covered via insurance, because it typically produces healthier babies that get sick less
2004 - 2014
Amazing office [FertilityAnswers], warm and welcoming. Cozy waiting rooms. Receptionists always a pleasure meeting. Billing department always had answers and willing to explain every cost detail. Every visit and every person who did their job was there for one purpose...to get women pregnant....Thorough in explaining the med and injections. Nice and courteous. Everyone professional and went above and beyond to make sure my protocals and appointments were kept.
2004 - 2014
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Amazing office, warm and welcoming. Cozy waiting rooms. Receptionists always a pleasure meeting. Billing department always had answers and willing to explain every cost detail. Every visit and every person who did their job was there for one purpose...to get women pregnant. My husband has never said anything negative about the office or staff. Never asked that we switch or find another place.
He and his staff were always heartfelt in their treatment of us. I can not say a single bad thing of him or his staff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at FertilityAnswers. (Assigned nurse: Suzanne)
Always on point. Always knew exactly what I needed and answered every question I had. Thorough in explaining the med and injections. Nice and courteous. Everyone professional and went above and beyond to make sure my protocals and appointments were kept. Gave genuine hugs when needed.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
He is very knowledgeable and always willing to sit and listen to any and every question, problem or fear related issues during cycles and not during cycles. Called him at his house when I was freaking out and as always he was glad and happy I called. Going in to all the iui and ivf cycles, I had no fear or worries on his part. He is a funny, caring and to the point kind of Dr. I will go back to him if I can.
Let him have your worries and fears, he will do everything in his power to get the desired result.
Consult Check tubes. Laparoscopy Started with 3 clomid cycles- no pregnancies. On to 3 iui cycles- no pregnancies. Ivf pregnant single miscarriage Ivf pregnant twins miscarriage Fet not pregnant Ivf pregnant twins miscarriage Ivf not pregnant Fet pregnant single miscarriage So..... it seems I can get pregnant with help but then tragically have problems maintaining pregnancy. Earliest loss at around 6 weeks and longest at almost 22 weeks. I have taken a break but ready to get back to achieving being a mommy.
Med about 2500 Visits about 1500 Dr. fee about 3000 Icsi about 2000 Hospital fee about 500
We talked and discussed these issues. He aired on the side of caution as to the number of embryos transferred. He knew where I stood and I him.
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage, Other
Fertility answers offers the option to collect a sample at home in a condom for semen analysis which provides for much more comfortable collection. Appointments are always seen on time with a little waiting.... The semen analysis was a little more than $100. My wife's laparoscopy and hysteroscopy was $150 co-pay after 90% insurance. The HSG was $350. The initial consult was $350 but that can be used towards other treatments like IUI or IVF
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Dr. Storment has a good sense of humor, is nice and accommodating, wants to make sure you understand everything, and made feel like my wife was being really well taken care of since he cared so much that her family understood everything.
During my wife's HSG the nurse didn't have the monitor turned on correctly at first but it was obviously an honest mistake and she and Dr. Storment were very concerned and took care of my wife very well.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
I really appreciated that Dr. Storment's office allowed at home collection for the semen analysis. He explained everything in great detail in the preop appointment for my wife's surgery. After he performed the surgery he came to me to explain everything and encouraged me to record everything for my wife and drew a detailed diagram of everything he had accomplished during the surgery.
My wife had a laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy after her HSG showed tubal blockage. He was the one who suggested this procedure and lots of problems were found during the procedure so I'm glad he recommended it.
Baton Rouge
The nursing staff [at FertilityAnswers] overall was compassionate and helpful. The nurse who took my blood could never get it the first time which was painful and annoying. She would draw a dot on my arm with a pen, which is a technique I have never seen. Others have no trouble taking my blood.... The clinic is a nice facility in a good location In Baton Rouge. The weakness is Dr. Storment. He was unable to help me and I felt I spent unnecessary money on an IUI when the reason behind the lack of my period was never looked into.
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
I felt I was treated as a human with Dr. Storment. He was compassionate and listened and tried to help with treatment options as best as he could. He said that he even conversed with other doctors around the US regarding treatment options for me.
The nursing staff overall was compassionate and helpful. The nurse who took my blood could never get it the first time which was painful and annoying. She would draw a dot on my arm with a pen, which is a technique I have never seen. Others have no trouble taking my blood.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Storment is very nice and understanding. I told him I was ovulating based on over the counter ovulation predictors; however, I did not have a period. He told me that was impossible. He told me no period equals no ovulation. It wasn't until bloodwork done that he realized I am indeed ovulating. Then he performed an IUI when I wasn't even getting my period. That IUI failed.
Do your research and your own homework. If something doesn't sound right, get a second opinion.
Dr. Storment, after talking with other professionals, decided to perform an IUI when bloodwork showed I was indeed ovulating. He assumed I wasn't since I didn't have a period. My lack of a period was due to Ashermans Syndrome from having two D&C's. This should have been a red flag to Dr. Storment. I feel I wasted a few thousand on this IUI.
IUI cost me around $2,000 plus medications.
2014 - 2017
Clinic [Fertility Answers] was beautiful and spa like. Very comfortable and easy to get around. Great location near hospital for convenience. The nurse and staff were warm and welcoming. The financial staff was knowledgeable about insurance and financing options. The lab was quick with results and you could always call for updates lab results etc. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone.... Monitoring was very convenient.
2014 - 2017
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Clinic was beautiful and spa like. Very comfortable and easy to get around. Great location near hospital for convenience. The nurse and staff were warm and welcoming. The financial staff was knowledgeable about insurance and financing options. The lab was quick with results and you could always call for updates lab results etc. I would highly recommend this clinic to anyone. Although I did not get the outcome I would have liked the staff and clinic were very supportive and offered sincere condolences.
He took time to meet with my husband and I in person and was very respectful and sincere about wanting to help us
Very friendly and explained all medications side effect dosages etc
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
He was very sincere in wanting to help us and took the time to explain the procedures in terminology my husband and I could both understand. He was a very warm and friendly person and very easy to talk to.
Be open to all outcomes.
Mini IVF- Clomid for 5 days Follistim 75mg for several days HCG injection 10000 a couple days before retrieval 3 eggs retrieved and 2 made it to transfer day resulting in a biochemical pregnancy
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at FertilityAnswers.
Monitoring was very convenient. There was never a wait and the ultrasound tech was very knowledgeable and always explained what was going on.
It was pricier than most clinics however it was the only close clinic in my area.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
They [FertilityAnswers] would greatly benefit from another ultrasound tech and phlebotomist to make frequent monitoring appointments more efficient...Stim cycle involved 225 follistim, menopur, ganerilex, trigger shot FET 14 day Lupron, estrace, PIO, low dose aspirin...She often assumes I understand my protocol and how the entire process goes. But I had so many questions regarding day of transfer specifics that I was uneasy asking
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
They would greatly benefit from another ultrasound tech and phlebotomist to make frequent monitoring appointments more efficient
She is actively interested in the care and physical and emotional well being of her patients. She is thorough and takes time to explain protocol and answer questions
Describe your experience with your nurse at FertilityAnswers. (Assigned nurse: Suzanne Thibodeaux )
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
She's a brilliant physician. I do wish she had called me personally with results from my betas as I had questions and wasn't comfortable asking the coordinator. She is very punctual and professional with appointments and prpcedures. And I am so thankful she was there at each transfer to give me a little pep talk and check on me beforehand
Write down questions before all appointments. It's an emotional process and you're likely to forget them in the moment
Our stim cycle and fresh transfer were quoted around 13,000 without meds. FET was around 2800 plus meds
My first transfer it was highly recommended to transfer one. When we were unsuccessful we transferred two the next transfer. Our final transfer we transferred our last one.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
They [Fertility Answers] can be difficult to get a hold of at times but they always return phone calls within a day if not same day. The clinic is very clean and comforting. Everyone is respectful and compassionate. They are pretty available and I didn't have to wait long for treatment to begin...The front desk/nurse doesn't always answer calls promptly but they are genuineand compassionate and detailed...when we got our positive they were as happy as we were!
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
They can be difficult to get a hold of at times but they always return phone calls within a day if not same day. The clinic is very clean and comforting. Everyone is respectful and compassionate. They are pretty available and I didn't have to wait long for treatment to begin.
She was very matter of fact about our treatment and diagnosis. No fluff but took the time to make sure these were the steps we wanted to take. And when we got our positive they were as happy as we were!
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Dr Conway is very direct and blunt. She won't lead you on a course she feels won't be successful. I was confident that we were getting the right treatment for us. Dr Conway found a blocked tube on my hsg which guided our treatment as we had to wait for right ovulation before doing our iui.
Listen to everything she says. It may be different than what you think your treatment should be. She really does only recommend things she believes will result in a positive test.
We used letrozole taken for 5 days (started on cycle day 3), an hcg trigger shot, and iui
2000
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
$12000 for 1st ivf, $3000 for each frozen transfer [at FertilityAnswers]...They are super efficient in regards to scheduling and timing. They run an effective clinic. They are friendly and kind. Everyone you encounter treats you with compassion. You usually don't wait for each step of the process, it flows very easily...Suzanne [nurse] was so knowledgable, answered every question patiently, and provided compassion in everything she did.
2010 - 2012
Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
He was very honest and direct, but did so in a manner of absolute compassion.
Suzanne was so knowledgable, answered every question patiently, and provided compassion in everything she did.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Storment is the best in the business. He will honesty tell you if he can help you or not. He does not sugar coat anything, yet he's so delicate with your feelings. he's constantly seeking the latest research to offer you the best chances of pregnancy.
He will not lie to you just to take your money. He will become like family.
We did IVF with follistem, lupron, menepur, and progestrone. Then, on our second attempt he added a patch of some sort. Then, on our last attempt we did assisted hatching. On our 5th attempt, we had twins.
$12000 for 1st ivf, $3000 for each frozen transfer, and around $14000 for last ivf attempt with fresh.
He did explain the risks in transfering multiple embryos, but we were willing to take that risk.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
The office [of Fertility Answers] is calming and clean. Occasionally I had a little bit of a wait for labs or ultrasound, but for the most part they got me in and out quickly which was important for me on work days. Front desk (and all of the staff for that matter) are always super friendly...First time we tried, I didn’t respond as well as I should have so we started over before attempting egg retrieval. Second time we used the same medication at higher doses. We had one embryo make it to freeze day but unfortunately that one didn’t take.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
The office is calming and clean. Occasionally I had a little bit of a wait for labs or ultrasound, but for the most part they got me in and out quickly which was important for me on work days. Front desk (and all of the staff for that matter) are always super friendly.
Dr. Storment called me himself on many occasions. Always responded quickly to messages.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Storment is very easy to talk to. Presents all the information clearly and realistically. He always discussed alternative treatment options and made sure we were part of the decision making process.
We used Follistim, Menopur, and Ganirelix. First time we tried, I didn’t respond as well as I should have so we started over before attempting egg retrieval. Second time we used the same medication at higher doses. We had one embryo make it to freeze day but unfortunately that one didn’t take.
I have some insurance coverage so I really only had to pay for medication, which ran us about $4,000 for the one cycle
Dr. Storment recommended SET due to my age. Knowing what we knew then, I was definitely in agreement to that strategy.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
We are treated like family at the clinic. [Fertility Answers] ...I have been a little concerned of the recent staffing turnover; however, all the nurses have been very compassionate and knowledgeable....I love the fact that they have a patient portal which allows patients to view test results, calendars, and send messages to Dr Storment and staff. He responds within 24 hours. The nurses are very quick to return phone calls....The cost were comparable to the other fertility clinics in the area.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
He has gotten to know my husband and I. We are treated like family at the clinic.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
He is great! We completely trust him and his knowledge. He is very easy to talk with and is always open to questions. He truly cares about his patients. He knows my husband and I by our first names.
He is very open to listen to his patients. He truly cares, and wants his patients to feel comfortable with the treatment plan.
Both retrievals used the antagonist approach.
The cost were comparable to the other fertility clinics in the area.
He is very pro single embryo transfers.
Baton Rouge
each iui [at Fertility Answers] was roughly $1200 plus the cost of medication. we had a $60 consultation fee and minimal lab fees...most of the nurses we fantastic. the Ultrasound tech, Jessica is absolutely wonderful!...the clinic is very organized. the staff is very friendly and accomodating...With both of my IUI cycles she had me on Letrozole. Baseline ultrasounds the day my cycle started. Another ultrasound around day 11 and then usually triggered ovulation with an HCG injection around day 13-15
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
the clinic is very organized. the staff is very friendly and accomodating
She was very compassionate to our situation. you can tell she actually cares about her patients
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Conway was very thorough. I felt very comfortable talking with her and felt that she explained the procedures and risks and treatment plan. she listened to our concerns and what treatment plan we wanted to go with
Dont be afraid to ask questions
each iui was roughly $1200 plus the cost of medication. we had a $60 consultation fee and minimal lab fees
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
The nursing staff [Fertility Answers- BR] is always up to date on my chart and make me feel like its a joint effort to try to help us get pregnant. The entire staff seems to make you feel like you are just as important as everyone else....A round of medicated IUI was about $1500....He [Dr. Storment] answers every question me or my husband have no matter how bizarre they may be and he always makes us feel like we are his number one priority when he sits down to go over treatments or the next step we need to take.
Anovulation, Endometriosis, PCOS
I not only felt like a human but somehow he makes you feel like you are his number one priority.
Describe your experience with your nurse at FertilityAnswers.
The nursing staff is always up to date on my chart and make me feel like its a joint effort to try to help us get pregnant. The entire staff seems to make you feel like you are just as important as everyone else.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
He answers every question me or my husband have no matter how bizarre they may be and he always makes us feel like we are his number one priority when he sits down to go over treatments or the next step we need to take. He is honest on our chances to conceive.
Prepare questions you may have before a meeting and he will answer them all.
I have endometriosis so he prescribed Femara instead of Clomid for my IUIs where every other doctor has prescribed Clomid which didn't go well with my endometriosis.
A round of medicated IUI was about $1500.
Baton Rouge
I never felt uncomfortable going to a dr's appointment [at FertilityAnswers]. This has been a tough road for us and the care he has showed us through the process has made it easier. I went into every procedure or surgery feeling good about the outcome no mattter what it may have been because he constantly stressed that he wouldn't stop helping us unless we told him too.
I never once went into any procedure thinking "this will work" .. He was always there to help us achieve our ultimate goal, but never gave us false hope. I always felt like he cared about our feelings and wanting to become parents more than just being his "job" to care for us.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
I never felt uncomfortable going to a dr's appointment. This has been a tough road for us and the care he has showed us through the process has made it easier. I went into every procedure or surgery feeling good about the outcome no mattter what it may have been because he constantly stressed that he wouldn't stop helping us unless we told him too.
Just breathe ..
Clomid & injections every month followed by an ultrasound check up. HSG procedure. Laparoscopy surgery to try to open my blocked tubes
1,000-12,000 before insurance
2008 - 2016
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [FertilityAnswers] is extremely efficiently ran. You are in and out but given plenty of time to ask questions/voice concerns. The ultrasound tech and lab tech are also great. Even the insurance department was super easy to deal with. They all go above and beyond for the patients. No complaints about the clinic... Suzanne and the rest of the staff are great. Suzanne came to check on me the morning of my retrieval’s and transfers at the hospital.
2008 - 2016
Anovulation, Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
The clinic is extremely efficiently ran. You are in and out but given plenty of time to ask questions/voice concerns. The ultrasound tech and lab tech are also great. Even the insurance department was super easy to deal with. They all go above and beyond for the patients. No complaints about the clinic.
Dr Storment and his staff were amazing. Everyone is treated with respect and compassion.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
Dr Storment went above and beyond during my treatment. My first round of IVF took 9 months to complete and we cancelled three stim cycles in the middle, he rolled with the flow, changed the protocol and we continued on
Be prepared with all questions you want to ask. Do your research beforehand as to what treatment options are available. Make sure your GYN sends your records.
Each round of in vitro was about $18,000-$20,000and my FET was about $4,000-$5,000.
I’m extremely glad that we did multiple embryo transfers both times.
PCOS, Unexplained
[The nurses at FertilityAnswers are] Very polite and upbeat...Told me the cost of different procedures and explained to me what could be done to best suit our financial ability and options going forward...Very warm and welcoming. It felt like I was sitting in a living room relaxing instead of a waiting room. Weakness- the “guy” room was very visible so if you were waiting in the back you knew exactly what was going on.
PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
She was very patient, took as much time as I needed and stayed with me to answer every question I had. She also told stories to lighten the room.
Very polite and upbeat
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
She is very blunt and to the point. She uses examples that seemed like real people scenarios to explain what I was going through. I could tell she related to her patients and adapts to the conversation as you feel more comfortable.
She can tell when you are nervous and that is ok. It seems to help her to know how to handle your situation
She gave me options. Told me the cost of different procedures and explained to me what could be done to best suit our financial ability and options going forward
Lafayette
IVF [at Fertility Answers] was around $25,000 total for retrieval, transfer, and meds...Three nurses, rotated at every visit. All were great...Successful IVF cycle was Menopur injectables along with one other injectible that I can't recalL. Retrieved 25 eggs, 23 fertilized, 9 day 5 embryos. I hyperstimmed so we froze all. We did not do PGS testing. Frozen transfer after estrogen patches and endometrin suppositories. Transferred 2 embryos, one took! Live singleton birth at 40w2d
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Location- located at woman's hospital very convenient. I was pleased with my results
Dr. Webster was so personable and never rushed.
Three nurses, rotated at every visit. All were great
How was your experience with Bobby Webster at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Webster was a gift to us during the IVF process. He was so thorough and took his time with us. We saw him at every monitoring visit etc. You can tell he truly had a passion for his patients. We will miss him now that he's retired!
Be prepared emotionally
IVF was around $25,000 total for retrieval, transfer, and meds
2013 - 2015
[The staff at Fertility Answers] are sweet, they return calls quickly and answer questions honestly. They never made me feel stupid with all my questions! Very compassionate after my miscarriage...they always seem to remember you even though there are a lot of patients!
2013 - 2015
He is very kind, he even remembered me at an event several months after my miscarriage (I had taken a break and hadn't been to his clinic in awhile). He is very understanding, sympathetic, but also honest. His staff is also friendly, they always seem to remember you even though there are a lot of patients!
They're sweet, they return calls quickly and answer questions honestly. They never made me feel stupid with all my questions! Very compassionate after my miscarriage.
How was your experience with Bobby Webster at FertilityAnswers?
So nice, kind, understanding, great bedside manner, & will be honest with you and explain everything well. He is encouraging and not impatient. He remembers you every time.
Ask any questions you have, he is very patient and won't make you feel crazy! Write down questions before you go or you will forget!
Baton Rouge
Plan on asking a lot of questions and do your reseasrch before hand [at Fertility Answers]. Also plan on being felt like your just a number to the doctor. I wanted to feel like he really cared about our case. I did not want to be told to just try on your own or IVF...The nurses had wonderful bed side manner. They were always compassionate towards us...I felt like I was the one requesting tests done. I felt like he [Dr. John Sorment] didn't give our case much attention because we aren't ready for IVF. I feel like no set plan was made either. Last visit he just said keep trying and we will see...But he was confident we would get pregnant. We have not yet.
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Plan on asking a lot of questions and do your reseasrch before hand. Also plan on being felt like your just a number to the doctor. I wanted to feel like he really cared about our case. I did not want to be told to just try on your own or IVF.
I felt like more could be done. Not just try on your own and see what happens.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
I felt like I was the one requesting tests done. I felt like he didn't give our case much attention because we aren't ready for IVF. I feel like no set plan was made either. Last visit he just said keep trying and we will see...But he was confident we would get pregnant. We have not yet.
Do research and request tests.
Lafayette
[The nursing staff at Fertility Answers is] Very polite...The clinic is very welcoming when you walk in, it feels as if your in a regular doctors office. The front desk personnel are very welcoming.i would recommended this office to my friends and family. I trust Dr Conway with the entire process...Dr. Conway was very thorough and understanding at our initial consult and recommended the best course of action for us.
Very polite
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Conway was very thorough and understanding in our treatment plan and course of action. She recommended ivf due to the amount of time we’ve been trying to conceive. We started the process in August of 2017 and did lab work and other test. We are to pick up where we left off when we feel is best.
She’s very thorough and understanding and explains each process well.
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Unexplained
The staff, as well as Dr. Storment were absolutely amazing. Even though we have not yet conceived, they all treated us like family....The staff [at FertilityAnswers], as well as Dr. Storment were absolutely amazing. Even though we have not yet conceived, they all treated us like family.
2013 - 2016
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with your nurse at FertilityAnswers. (Assigned nurse: Suzanne Thibodeaux)
Suzanne was absolutely amazing. When I hyperstimed, she called me every couple of hours (even while she was at home on the weekends) to check on me.
How was your experience with John Storment at FertilityAnswers?
Dr. Storment is an amazing Doctor. He truly has a heart for this field and will do anything possible to help you get pregnant.
Have an open mind and be patient. Dr. Storment and his staff will do absolutely everything in their power to help you get pregnant.
None, Unexplained
Nice, new, clean facility [Fertility Answers - LAF]. The baby pictures of past clients were very sweet and the board for clients to write on was a beautiful idea. It’s a little hard to navigate the hallways and find your way from room to room....Expect treatment that is more like a bandaid than getting to the root of the problem....I would’ve liked to try to figure out the cause of my infertility. It was never discussed....1500 per IUI... My husband and I were not very interested in In vitro...
None, Unexplained
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
Nice, new, clean facility. The baby pictures of past clients were very sweet and the board for clients to write on was a beautiful idea. It’s a little hard to navigate the hallways and find your way from room to room.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at FertilityAnswers?
She was very kind and friendly. Very personable. My husband and I were not very interested in In vitro, but it seemed like she was pushing it. We would’ve liked to find out the cause of our infertility.
1500 per IUI
Lafayette
The clinic [FertilityAnswers] was nice. I think they have a huge patient load and when the nurses call you, they don’t necessarily remember who you are. I did like that the clinic opened at 7:30.
Latino, Other
Describe your experience with FertilityAnswers.
The clinic was nice. I think they have a huge patient load and when the nurses call you, they don’t necessarily remember who you are. I did like that the clinic opened at 7:30.
How was your experience with Bobby Webster at FertilityAnswers?
He retired effective 12/31/15.