500 Rue de la Vie
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
Lafayette
206 E. Farrel Rd.
Lafayette, LA 70508

Dr. Chappell has excellent bed-side manner and kept us informed throughout the entire IVF process (initial consultation, egg retrievals, embryo transfers, etc.). In particular, we appreciated his sympathy during this difficult process, as it took 5 embryo transfers before a successful pregnancy. He worked with us each time to modify the plan to ensure the best result. In addition, we appreciated his positive attitude and genuine support....
They [nurses at Fertility Answers] were highly organized and quickly responded to calls/portal messages. Often I did feel rushed when I had questions and would have appreciated more care/compassion...There have been a few instances where medications were unclear (e.g. refrigeration required/not required for medicine, timing/dose of antibiotics on prescription vs. verbal instruction).
How was your experience with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Chappell's greatest strengths are his care, compassion, and intellect. He was very sympathetic throughout the process...it took us 5 embryo transfers before a successful pregnancy. We had full trust in his judgement as he thoroughly explored all options and made sure we had the highest probability for success based on proven studies/medications tailored to our specific case. Dr. Chappell can improve his communication by being more clear/specific on upcoming medical procedures/medication recommendations. For example, we didn't realize that the blood thinners would be an additional shot (vs. oral medication) or that he had changed his recommendation to single (vs. double) embryo transfer.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Highly recommend Dr. Chappell!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
All of Dr. Chappell's nurses were very good (Simone, Caroline, and Holly). They were highly organized and quickly responded to calls/portal messages. Often I did feel rushed when I had questions and would have appreciated more care/compassion.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Clinic seems to be overall well organized (check-in, check-out, labs, after hours telephone service, etc.). I would highly recommend selecting Dr. Chappell for fertility treatment as my experiences with Dr. Storment and Dr. Conway were not as positive...often abrupt/unsympathetic when they returned after hours calls for post-egg retrieval pain and medication clarifications.
Describe Neil Chappell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
Strongly preferred single embryo transfer to reduce risk of multiple pregnancies resulting in a high-risk pregnancy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
There have been a few instances where medications were unclear (e.g. refrigeration required/not required for medicine, timing/dose of antibiotics on prescription vs. verbal instruction). Also, during one embryo transfer, we changed from double to single embryo transfer at last minute due to miscommunication on recommendation.
Baton Rouge
Initially when I first met with Dr. Storment for my consult I left the appointment feeling very hopeful and I felt as though he truly cared about myself and my husband. Throughout my IVF cycle I had little to no communication with Dr. Storment. The only time I saw him was the day of my actual egg retrieval...My doctor puts everyone on birth control prior to an IVF cycle to get everyone lined up in the same time frame for the clinic convince. If you have DOR I would highly recommend discussing this with your doctor and asking if they could create a plan specific to your needs and not the clinic’s needs.
The nursing staff [at Fertility Answers] was very friendly and organized. They are also very busy so at times I felt like I had a hard time getting in touch with someone that could assist me...Strengths: They will work with your schedule when it comes to appointment times. Friendly staff. The doctors seem up to date with the newest research and technology. Weaknesses: Lack of communication...
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Initially when I first met with Dr. Storment for my consult I left the appointment feeling very hopeful and I felt as though he truly cared about myself and my husband. Throughout my IVF cycle I had little to no communication with Dr. Storment. The only time I saw him was the day of my actual egg retrieval. I felt as though I wasn’t fully informed of how my cycle was going until after the egg retrieval when I realized that the cycle was unsuccessful. I wished that I had been more prepared going into my egg retrieval so that my expectations weren’t so high and I could have prepared better for an unfortunate outcome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Be more aggressive. Don’t feel as if you can only communicate with the nurses and front desk staff. If you have questions or concerns, tell them, and make sure that your messages and concerns are addressed by Dr. Storment each step of the way.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I didn’t feel as if my story or situation was special or different than any other patient. There wasn’t much communication with Dr.Storment himself, which made me feel as if I were just another patient going through the clinic. Most of the communication I had with the clinic was through my nurse. I also don’t feel like they knew my name or my health history unless they looked in the chart. I was hoping it would be a more personalized experience.
Describe the protocols John Storment used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
I was put on the Nuvaring two weeks prior to starting my IVF cycle. The reason I was out in the Nuvaring instead of an oral birth control, was because I have diminished ovarian reserve. The Nuvaring has been shown to not overly suppress the ovaries which is why Dr. Storment chose this drug for me. I was put on Follistim, Menopur, and Gonadotropin. Throughout STIMs I was told I was responding a little slow, so he had increased my medication at one point. Prior to egg retrieval I was under the impression that I had about 12 follicles. My retrieval results in 8 eggs retrieved, 5 were mature, 4 fertilized with ICSI, and 1 made it to blast. I was encouraged to do genetic testing, so I did, and unfortunately my one embryo was abnormal.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Samone )
The nursing staff was very friendly and organized. They are also very busy so at times I felt like I had a hard time getting in touch with someone that could assist me.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fertility Answers.
The clinic puts serval patients at the same appointment time for monitoring appointments. I rarely had to wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Storment at Fertility Answers.
Medications were around $5,000 for my IVF retrieval. I believe the IVF cycle was about $16,000
Describe John Storment's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
There were two different occasions that I had to have my blood redrawn because of damage to the specimen. I am unable to determine if this error was done by the clinic or the lab.

2017 - 2019, Successful
We began researching local clinics that were not just LGBTQ tolerant, but that were welcoming. We wanted to work with people who wanted to help us start a family. We found that at Fertility Answers. After our first consultation we knew we were in the right hands.... A medicated IUI cycle with injectables is $1,800. The medications are separate and cost us a little over $400. We purchased our sperm from Seattle Sperm bank and with shipping it cost us $860 per vial.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Conway was super honest and direct with us, which we appreciated. She did our consultation and my HSG. I also had a great experiences with her co-workers Dr. Chappel and Dr. Storment. Dr. Storment is the one that performed the IUI that got me pregnant. Dr. Chappel spent time reviewing my medications and answering my nervous patient questions. Dr. Chappel also gives talks monthly at the hospital about fertility issues. They really are a team.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Do not hesitate to become a patient. She is very forthright and will be honest with you. She will clearly tell you what to expect and answer any questions you have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
We began researching local clinics that were not just LGBTQ tolerant, but that were welcoming. We wanted to work with people who wanted to help us start a family. We found that at Fertility Answers. After our first consultation we knew we were in the right hands. Everyone at the clinic was so encouraging and excited for us when I got pregnant. They were especially sensitive and caring when I had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Ivy)
Everyone at the clinic is amazing. Ivy and Michelle were a wealth of information and never made us feel like a bother when we had questions of the internet freaked us out. I cannot say enough good things about them and the rest of the staff.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
This clinic has teamwork down to a science. I met every doctor and nurse there at some point during my treatment and every single one of them was up to speed on my care. From the moment you walk in to the time you walk out you feel cared for and important. No question is silly to them and no one is rushing you out the door.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Conway at Fertility Answers.
Baton Rouge

John Storment is absolutely amazing. Each time we met he would go over in detail every single option and route that we had and would tell me the pro's and con's of each option. He made me feel like we are on the same team and he wants to get me pregnant just as bad as I want to get pregnant. He doesn't sugar coat things which some people may not like, but I love how upfront he is about everything it keeps me on the ground.
The nurses [at Fertility Answers-BR] are wonderful. They are always in a great mood and seem happy to see me and be helping me on this journey. I probably call them too much but they always return my phone calls and answer all my questions and even if I repeat myself they just constantly assure me and help me make sure I understand what I need to be doing. I love the whole nursing staff at Fertility Answers BR.... It is $1300 for an oral IUI cycle
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Trust him, he will tell you the truth and what he thinks is best for your individual case.
John would personally call me myself and talk to me about my lab results sometimes. He always fully explained everything until he knew I grasped it and never made me feel dumb or rushed.
We did an oral cycle. I had letrozle for 5 days, and it produced a nice egg like we wanted. My uterine lining wasn't thickening like we wanted so he had me insert estradiol nightly for 5 days and the day after my IUI I did promethium until 2 weeks later I tested negative on a pregnancy test and so we stopped that to let my period start.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
The nurses are wonderful. They are always in a great mood and seem happy to see me and be helping me on this journey. I probably call them too much but they always return my phone calls and answer all my questions and even if I repeat myself they just constantly assure me and help me make sure I understand what I need to be doing. I love the whole nursing staff at Fertility Answers BR.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic is very relaxing and clean. They are always on time there too I've never waited longer than 5 minutes before being seen in whatever part of the appointment I'm in. Only weakness I can think of is there is only one bathroom in the clinic so you have to go out by the elevators to the restroom in the main part of the hospital if you need to go and the one in the office is occupied.
It is $1300 for an oral IUI cycle which covers all the ultrasounds and bloodwork for 3 visits. Medications are seperate. My trigger shot cost around $160.
Baton Rouge

He [Dr. Neil Chappell] wanted to do the cycle with just a little bit of medication to see how my body works before we did a full cycle of follistim. I appreciated he was trying to be cost efficient while still working to get me pregnant...saw me at every appointment and took time to explain what he wanted to see happen and what my body was actually doing... clearly cares about his patients. He was quick to take tension out of the room when he could tell I was nervous. He made a special appointment to meet with me right before the end of the year before our insurance started over. He was very willing to work with me and listen to suggestions about my course of care.
[The nurses at Fertility Answers] were okay. I had to ask questions to get an answer they weren’t informative without me asking a lot. They also don’t leave voicemails which is difficult when I miss a call from them and I don’t know what it’s reguarding. I work full time so answering the phone isn’t always easy...I LOVE how quickly all test results go into their patient portal. The portal is so helpful to look back at and help me to formulate additional questions for future appointments. I think the nurses over all could do better communicating with patients. I also think patients should double check insurance coverage first because they got ours wrong and I had to inform them we were covered.
How was your experience with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Chappell clearly cares about his patients. He was quick to take tension out of the room when he could tell I was nervous. He made a special appointment to meet with me right before the end of the year before our insurance started over. He was very willing to work with me and listen to suggestions about my course of care.
he Is very young but knowledgeable
Dr. Neil saw me at every appointment and took time to explain what he wanted to see happen and what my body was actually doing.
Describe the protocols Neil Chappell used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
5 days of letrazole 2 times a day, 3 days of 50 follistim and then 5000 HCG trigger. He wanted to do the cycle with just a little bit of medication to see how my body works before we did a full cycle of follistim. I appreciated he was trying to be cost efficient while still working to get me pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
They were okay. I had to ask questions to get an answer they weren’t informative without me asking a lot. They also don’t leave voicemails which is difficult when I miss a call from them and I don’t know what it’s reguarding. I work full time so answering the phone isn’t always easy.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers.
Iui is $1700 however I have insurance coverage for ultrasounds and blood work. I don’t know exact out of pocket I paid
Baton Rouge
I felt very comfortable and at ease as soon as Dr. Chappell began discussing my case. He is very intelligent and did a good job being honest about our chances to conceive with and without medical help. He did so in a way that was not hard but not sugar coating the truth.... Dr. Chappell was the first doctor who really took the time to explain what PCOS is, and how it can be treated. He also suggested glucose testing as most women with PCOS are insulin resistant. He then explained all the different options we can use to get pregnant and why or why not certain treatments would or would not work for us.
I think a strength of the clinic [FertilityAnswers] is they show how much they truly care. I felt very comfortable each time I visited the clinic. The nursing staff is very personable and the receptionist are so friendly. They make visiting the clinic stress free.... The nursing staff was extremely friendly and helpful with any and all questions I had. They took their time in answering all my questions and the made a big effort set up my appointments around my work schedule
How was your experience with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Be confident in knowing Dr Chappell will take care you to the best of his ability.
Dr. Chappell took his time explaining his thoughts and answers. He looked at me and sincerely apologized for my loss when we discussed my miscarriage. It meant a lot that he showed concern and didn’t give the typical doctor response in saying my did what it was suppose to do.
Dr. Chappell was the first doctor who really took the time to explain what PCOS is, and how it can be treated. He also suggested glucose testing as most women with PCOS are insulin resistant. He then explained all the different options we can use to get pregnant and why or why not certain treatments would or would not work for us. We have not begun treatment for IVF yet, because Dr. Chappell encouraged my husband and I to look at all our options and make a decision together. We’ve decided, our next appointment with Dr. Chappell will be about beginning the IVF process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
The nursing staff was extremely friendly and helpful with any and all questions I had. They took their time in answering all my questions and the made a big effort set up my appointments around my work schedule as best as they could.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
I think a strength of the clinic is they show how much they truly care. I felt very comfortable each time I visited the clinic. The nursing staff is very personable and the receptionist are so friendly. They make visiting the clinic stress free. At this time, I do not know of any weaknesses.
Dr. Chappell suggested to my OBGYN that I see him for a FREE consultation. The receptionist answered all the questions I had for future visits and how payments work. They are very understanding and know how troublesome the expenses can be. They were reassuring and helped to inform me as best they could to help prepare for future costs.
I have not discussed with Dr. Chappell yet.
Baton Rouge

IVF with PGS (excluding meds) was approximately $16,000 [at Fertility Answers]. An FET is approximately $5,000...The clinic does a great job of treating you like a person. Everyone is super friendly and does what they can to accommodate you. The only thing I would suggest is that they be more accessible over the weekend...Suzanne [nurse] is nothing short of perfect. I honestly do think she has photographic memory or simply the memory of a superhuman, because I do think she remembers every detail of my case. I trust her completely. The rest of the nursing staff is also wonderful. The only concern that I've had was a bit of turnover for a while, but then again, few people have been there for as long as I have. Also, I do wish they would be a bit more accessible over the weekend.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Storment's strengths are that he 1) treats you like a person, 2) is almost always at your appointments, 3) is able to sympathize with you when you get bad news (I often feel that doctors go through this so much, that they forget that the news is personal to the patients), and 4) is willing to adjust protocol and listen to your input on next steps. It's tough for me to come up with weaknesses. Initially, I was concerned that because we are in Louisiana, and there are so few infertility doctors, that Dr. Storment might have limited interaction with other doctors, which in turn might impact how up to date he is on cutting edge practices. In actuality, Dr. Storment often reached out to many doctors for their advice on my case, and we ended up using some new techniques/practices, so he won my confidence. I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant, so pretty close to holding my baby in my arms!
As with any doctor, you are one of many patients, and they cannot always remember every little thing about your case. Therefore, be your own advocate - remind them of things - don't take their instructions and run with them without asking questions to make sure that they have kept in mind all of your nuances. Nobody is more familiar with your case than you.
Dr. Storment has always treated me like family. I have had 5 egg retrievals with him, 1 of which resulted in no blastocysts (therefore no embryos to send off for PGS testing) and 1 of which after sending the blastocysts off, they all came back aneuploid. He has always been the one to call me with my PGS results and when the news was bad, he made sure to make time to talk through options and gave me his personal cell number to call him with questions. I went to a different clinic in Chicago prior to this one, and there, I always felt like a number. With Dr. Storment, even though I'm a difficult case, I do feel like he will figure out a way for me to have a family and he is personally focused on it.
In my first cycle, I did a timed intercourse cycle, with Femara. This was the protocol I'd used with my previous doctor and had gotten pregnant twice with it (both ended in miscarriage). Dr. Storment said he would follow that same protocol, if I was happy with it, which I was. It again resulted in a miscarriage, so we moved on to IVF. The first round of IVF, we started with low doses of Menopur (75IU) and Gonal F (started at 150u and eventually increased to 350u)(because I had a high AMH and was expected to be a fast responder) with an ovidrel trigger. I ended up not responding well, and had only 6 eggs retrieved, 2 made it to blast, and none were euploid. My 2nd IVF, we did 150u of Menopur and 450u of Gonal F, with Ovidrel trigger - results were 16 eggs retrieved, 3 blasts, 1 euploid. 3rd IVF, we used the same protocol as the 2nd, had 30 eggs retrieved, but none of them made it to blasts. Therefore, we waited 3 months before our 4th egg retrieval and both my husband and I took supplements (Me: CoQ10, DHEA, Myoinositol, Melatonin; Him: Vitamin D & E). After 3 months of supplements, we did the 4th retrieval, starting off with 450u of Gonal F and 150u of Menopur, but I responded much faster, and we ultimately dropped to 150u of Gonal F and 75u of Menopur - this cycle resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, 4 blasts, and 1 euploid. The 5th retrieval, we used the same protocol as round 4, resulting in 28 eggs retrieved, 5 blasts, and 1 more euploid. Once we got our last euploid embryo (3 in total), we moved on to FET's. Our first 2 attempts at an FET were cancelled due to poor lining response. We did turn the 2nd FET attempt into and ERA cycle, which showed I was 12 hours pre-receptive. Therefore, on our next FET attempt, we added 12 more hours of progesterone before transferring and I am now 26 weeks pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Suzanne)
Suzanne is nothing short of perfect. I honestly do think she has photographic memory or simply the memory of a superhuman, because I do think she remembers every detail of my case. I trust her completely. The rest of the nursing staff is also wonderful. The only concern that I've had was a bit of turnover for a while, but then again, few people have been there for as long as I have. Also, I do wish they would be a bit more accessible over the weekend.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
IVF with PGS (excluding meds) was approximately $16,000. An FET is approximately $5,000.
Because I am doing PGS, I completely agree that we should only transfer one embryo. I do not want the risk of carrying multiples.
Baton Rouge

I started with Metformin [with Dr. John Stoment] and got pregnant 2 months later. I ended up having a miscarriage. It was thought that I had an immature egg that fertilized. Timed intercourse was recommended next, but we were not ready to spend the money yet, so we just tried naturally for another 8 months. Next we did timed inter ride with letrazole. It was unsuccessful. We are now waiting to see if we want to try timed intercourses again or do an IUI.
The staff [at Fertility Answers- Baton Rouge] is great! I love the ultrasound tech. She’s so sweet and compassionate. My ovaries are hard to find, so she always takes special care to make sure I’m comfortable. The clinic is nice and very clean. It’s a very pleasant atmosphere. They have a lot of resources displayed with support groups and pamphlets, which is good.... I worked with two nurses. Overall they were great and compassionate. However one of the nurses in one situation moved too fast when going over treatment protocol. There were some things she assumed I already knew, so it made it confusing. Eventually I understood, but I wish she would have taken more time to explain things from the beginning.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I would highly recommend Dr. Storment! He’s very knowledgeable and takes the time to know your story. He explains treatment in a way that’s easy to understand. He was always compassionate and really has a desire to help couples start families. He had great bed aide manner and could be very humorous.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t understand.
He took the time to make sure I understood everything that was going on. He gave great analogies to make sure I understood.
I started with Metformin and got pregnant 2 months later. I ended up having a miscarriage. It was thought that I had an immature egg that fertilized. Timed intercourse was recommended next, but we were not ready to spend the money yet, so we just tried naturally for another 8 months. Next we did timed inter ride with letrazole. It was unsuccessful. We are now waiting to see if we want to try timed intercourses again or do an IUI.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The staff is great! I love the ultrasound tech. She’s so sweet and compassionate. My ovaries are hard to find, so she always takes special care to make sure I’m comfortable. The clinic is nice and very clean. It’s a very pleasant atmosphere. They have a lot of resources displayed with support groups and pamphlets, which is good.
$500 sperm Analysis $1,300 for timed intercourse (includes medicine, appointments, and ultrasound).

2018, Consult
He [Dr. Neil Chappell] has great bedside manner and is an excellent listener... truly has a passion for what he does and wants to make sure that you are well informed...he did go over our options in detail. He explained to us what our labs were and how to go forward to get the best results. He told us that IUI is a good option for us, but that we are great candidates for IVF... When going through testing to find out why we had lost two babies and have had a hard time conceiving, he took the time to really investigate our issues to find the root issue. He is that doctor that will take a few minutes to first connect with you on a personal level before discussing the tougher issues.
Dr. Chappell [at Fertility Answers] has an initial $250 consultation fee. When we got our workup with him, the office gave us a handout of the general fees for IUI and IVF including labs, meds, etc to give us an idea of our fees if we chose to go forward...We have yet to find any weaknesses with Dr. Chappell's office. We have always had an easy time getting an appointment with him and have never had a bad experience at his office. The office is located in the new Woman's Hospital so the offices are all new and state of the art. Fertility Answers is truly group of wonderful people who pride themselves on helping others.
How was your experience with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Neil Chappell is a wonderful doctor! He has great bedside manner and is an excellent listener. When we first met him, he was a fellow under our doctor at Baylor in Houston and we immediately knew that he was a good fit for our fertility issues. Our RE in Houston knew that Dr. Chappell would be moving to Baton Rouge soon (which is where we live also) so he released our care to Dr. Chappell. We can say with certainty that that was a blessing because Dr. Chappell is such an amazing doctor.
The best advice we can give is for them to be open and make sure to ask questions, no matter how silly they seem. Dr. Chappell truly has a passion for what he does and wants to make sure that you are well informed.
Dr. Chappell is one of the kindest and most personable doctors that we have ever known. When going through testing to find out why we had lost two babies and have had a hard time conceiving, he took the time to really investigate our issues to find the root issue. He is that doctor that will take a few minutes to first connect with you on a personal level before discussing the tougher issues.
We have not started any protocols with Dr. Chappell yet, but he did go over our options in detail. He explained to us what our labs were and how to go forward to get the best results. He told us that IUI is a good option for us, but that we are great candidates for IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
From the nursing staff to the front office staff, everyone was so pleasant and seemed happy to be there. We have dealt with several ladies when there and each one spent time making sure our questions were answered.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Dr. Chappell has an initial $250 consultation fee. When we got our workup with him, the office gave us a handout of the general fees for IUI and IVF including labs, meds, etc to give us an idea of our fees if we chose to go forward.

2016 - 2018, Unknown Success
Suzanne [a nurse at Fertility Answers] is nothing short of perfect. I honestly do think she has photographic memory or simply the memory of a superhuman, because I do think she remembers every detail of my case. I trust her completely. The rest of the nursing staff is also wonderful. The only concern that I've had was a bit of turnover for a while, but then again, few people have been there for as long as I have. Also, I do wish they would be a bit more accessible over the weekend.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Storment's strengths are that he 1) treats you like a person, 2) is almost always at your appointments, 3) is able to sympathize with you when you get bad news (I often feel that doctors go through this so much, that they forget that the news is personal to the patients), and 4) is willing to adjust protocol and listen to your input on next steps. It's tough for me to come up with weaknesses - I have not had a successful pregnancy yet, but I do think that we will get there. If I had to come up with one, my worry would be that because we are in Louisiana, and there are so few infertility doctors, that Dr. Storment might have limited interaction with other doctors, which in turn might impact how up to date he is on cutting edge practices. That being said, I do know that he has reached out to many doctors for their advice on my case, and we are using some new techniques/practices, so it is likely only my worry of doing IVF in Louisiana that is the problem, and he is actually on the cutting edge.
In my first cycle, I did a timed intercourse cycle, with Femara. This was the protocol I'd used with my previous doctor and had gotten pregnant twice with it (both ended in miscarriage). Dr. Storment said he would follow that same protocol, if I was happy with it, which I was. It again resulted in a miscarriage, so we moved on to IVF. The first round of IVF, we started with low doses of Menopur (75IU) and Gonal F (started at 150u and eventually increased to 350u)(because I had a high AMH and was expected to be a fast responder) with an ovidrel trigger. I ended up not responding well, and had only 6 eggs retrieved, 2 made it to blast, and none were euploid. My 2nd IVF, we did 150u of Menopur and 450u of Gonal F, with Ovidrel trigger - results were 16 eggs retrieved, 3 blasts, 1 euploid. 3rd IVF, we used the same protocol as the 2nd, had 30 eggs retrieved, but none of them made it to blasts. Therefore, we waited 3 months before our 4th egg retrieval and both my husband and I took supplements (Me: CoQ10, DHEA, Myoinositol, Melatonin; Him: Vitamin D & E). After 3 months of supplements, we did the 4th retrieval, starting off with 450u of Gonal F and 150u of Menopur, but I responded much faster, and we ultimately dropped to 150u of Gonal F and 75u of Menopur - this cycle resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, 4 blasts, and 1 euploid. The 5th retrieval, we used the same protocol as round 4, resulting in 28 eggs retrieved, 5 blasts, and 1 more euploid. Once we got our last euploid embryo (3 in total), we moved on to FET's. We have had 2 attempts at an FET, thus far, but due to poor lining response, we have cancelled both. We did turn the 2nd FET attempt into and ERA cycle, which showed I was 12 hours pre-receptive, so our next attempt, we will adjust accordingly.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic does a great job of treating you like a person. Everyone is super friendly and do what they can to accommodate you. The only thing I would suggest is that they be more accessible over the weekend.
Baton Rouge

Dr. Storment does seem compassionate, but moreover, he seems really busy. He doesn't have a lot of time to spend with patients but he does seem to truly love what he does. He is easy to talk to, but he seems rushed most of the time. He is gentle and explains what is going to happen beforehand... During most visits, I did not see the doctor unless I specifically asked. Each time I went to the clinic, I saw new or different staff members working. The IUI was not done by the doctor I had been working with
The clinic [Fertility Answers-Baton Rouge] looks nice and clean and modern. The front desk staff are friendly, although the day of my trigger shot, they did not let the nurses know I was waiting so I sat 1 hour past my "appointment" time. This made me question how organized they are and how well they communicate. The music in the lobby was calming. The bad thing about the clinic is how expensive it is (all out of pocket), and how busy they are. It feels like the treatment approach is cookie-cutter and not tailored to an individual patient. There was no effort into finding out the reason for my infertility, just treating it.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
It doesn't matter how much of a relationship you form with him because he may or may not even be at your procedure appointment. Make sure to come prepared with a lot of questions and don't be afraid to take the time to ask them all.
During most visits, I did not see the doctor unless I specifically asked. Each time I went to the clinic, I saw new or different staff members working. The IUI was not done by the doctor I had been working with.
Treatment started with bloodwork, then Letrazole pills, then more bloodwork. Once the bloodwork #s looked like ovulation was near, I was given a trigger shot and scheduled for an IUI procedure the next day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I saw different staff members on each visit. The lady doing the ultrasounds was the same each time, and she was friendly but had a difficult time seeing my ovaries, which made it uncomfortable. The lab tech was gentle and compassionate about how nervous I get during bloodwork. The care coordinator was just very busy. She wrote out the protocol for my treatment on a calendar, but it was still difficult for me to decipher what should be done and when.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic looks nice and clean and modern. The front desk staff are friendly, although the day of my trigger shot, they did not let the nurses know I was waiting so I sat 1 hour past my "appointment" time. This made me question how organized they are and how well they communicate. The music in the lobby was calming. The bad thing about the clinic is how expensive it is (all out of pocket), and how busy they are. It feels like the treatment approach is cookie-cutter and not tailored to an individual patient. There was no effort into finding out the reason for my infertility, just treating it.
$1500 plus medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
I was told to show up at a specific time for my trigger shot and I was never called into the back from the lobby. I had to remind the front desk receptionist that I was waiting and then the nurse informed me that she had no idea. Also, the package that I paid for was supposed to include lab work, but I still received a bill from the lab. The office was quick to address that issue in only 1 call.
Baton Rouge

Very easy to talk to, you can tell she [Dr. Conway] loves what she does. As a patient I feel like she's doing what is best for my partner and I. Explained everything very well and made sure we knew what we are getting into.... For IUI I used metronome, 2.5mg ×2 For 5 nights and 200mg progesterone suppositories after all IUI's. I had a trigger shot of pregnyl and had 1ml. 24-36 hours before IUI was done. I responded well to medicine and my follicles were a great size, but all IUI's were unsuccessfull.
Strengths would probably be the nurses, ultrasound team is awesome and knowledge of doctors. Weaknesses, I feel are that the doctor isn't always there [Fertility Answers] if it's not there day at the clinic even thought they try. They can't be in Baton Rogue and Lafayette at the same time. Also only doing transfers and retrevials certain times during a one month period.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Very easy to talk to, you can tell she loves what she does. As a patient I feel like she's doing what is best for my partner and I. Explained everything very well and made sure we knew what we are getting into.
Ask any questions don't be afraid your asking a silly question, they have heard it almost all before.
Being forced into such a small window to retrieve and to transfer works off of what's easiest for the hospital/clinic. Not what works best for the patient in my opinion. Other smaller clinics don't do it this way from my understanding.
Describe the protocols Susan Conway used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
Nurses were nice. I can't say I have any complaints. They've explained everything thus far and always call back the same day if I have a request or question.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Strengths would probably be the nurses, ultrasound team is awesome and knowledge of doctors. Weaknesses, I feel are that the doctor isn't always there if it's not there day at the clinic even thought they try. They can't be in Baton Rogue and Lafayette at the same time. Also only doing transfers and retrevials certain times during a one month period. Not sure that it's like this at other clinics, but when getting in this process I wish it wasn't pushed back 2 months at a time if something happens. People going through infertility I feel have waited a long time through saving and patience and I feel time of is the essence but what the clinic offers isn't week to week unfortunately.
Prescreening lab(f) 500 Prescreening labs (m) 300 Semen analysis 150 Follicular studies and hormone studies 2,500 Stim start w/pgs 9,650 Medication 2,700 Legal counseling 400 Anesthesia 525
Describe Susan Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
Dr. Conway is pro single embryo fransfer. Even more so if they are PGS tested.
Baton Rouge

Dr. Storment recommended undergoing laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery for a proximally blocked Fallopian tube. ...Dr. Storment is very friendly and met with me individually and answered all of my questions and described everything in great detail.... When I met with him for a follow up appointment, he explained everything in great detail and drew out the diagram of my options including IUI or a laparoscopy.
Scheduling is very easy and if appointments are not easily available they [Fertility Answers are willing to work with you to find us sooner spot through cancellations. I also love that they had the option to do home collection for semen analysis....At the first visit I met with Michelle individually in her own office and she took a photo to associate with my file because many people are so nervous undergoing fertility treatments that they don't realize she is using the wrong chart. I thought this was a great idea and Michelle was always prompt in returning online communications.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I first saw Dr. Storment to receive an HSG. It was quite painful because one of my tubes was blocked but he was very understanding and compassionate and concerned. When I met with him for a follow up appointment, he explained everything in great detail and drew out the diagram of my options including IUI or a laparoscopy. He encouraged me to get the laparoscopy and I'm very glad I did because he found a lot of unknown issues which he fixed.
Learn everything you can before embarking upon fertility treatments. That way Dr. Storment can use your time effectively to explain the more complicated and nuanced processes involved in fertility treatment.
Dr. Storment recommended undergoing laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery for a proximally blocked Fallopian tube. The surgery did indeed find polyps and scar tissue blocking the tube as well as endometriosis and scar tissue in the abdominal cavity, all of which he removed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
At the first visit I met with Michelle individually in her own office and she took a photo to associate with my file because many people are so nervous undergoing fertility treatments that they don't realize she is using the wrong chart. I thought this was a great idea and Michelle was always prompt in returning online communications. Michelle was frequently in my doctor's appointment with Dr. Storment so that everyone was on the same page.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Scheduling is very easy and if appointments are not easily available they are willing to work with you to find us sooner spot through cancellations. I also love that they had the option to do home collection for semen analysis.
The fee for an initial consult is around $350 and if you use them for IUI treatment or IVF treatments that money goes towards the balance. For my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy after 90% co-pay on insurance I only owed $150. My HSG was $350.
Baton Rouge
Dr. Conway is exceptional. She’s knowledgeable, and takes time to explain your individual situation, and set expectations for the outcome based on what is known at the time.... Once we received the call explaining that only 2 of the 4 fertilized, I immediately requested that Dr. Conway call me to discuss switching from a frozen transfer with PGS testing tk a fresh transfer with no PGS testing. Dr. Conway called me back within an hour
Nursing staff [Fertility Answers] was always helpful. The only time I had an issue was when I was provided the wrong fee schedule, and no one realized it until after my loan had been processed.... Strengths: communication, time spent with patients, available for questions, portal is convenient for records & communication as well, although most of the communication is through the nurses & IVF coordinator, Dr. Conway was always available when I did need to speak with her.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Conway is exceptional. She’s knowledgeable, and takes time to explain your individual situation, and set expectations for the outcome based on what is known at the time. Dr. Conway had higher expectations set for me based on mine and my husband’s Unknown diagnosis. I had a great response to the medications prescribed, and a great number of Follicles. When it came time for egg retrieval however, only 8 of my follicles were the right size, and only 4 of them resulted in mature eggs, so now we believe our Unexplained infertility is due to Immature Eggs. Once we received the call explaining that only 2 of the 4 fertilized, I immediately requested that Dr. Conway call me to discuss switching from a frozen transfer with PGS testing tk a fresh transfer with no PGS testing. Dr. Conway called me back within an hour, and we discussed everything, and she agreed that in this scenario, it would be much better to do the fresh transfer without the testing. She left me feeling very confident that even though my numbers weren’t what we were expecting, we could still have a successful pregnancy. We are currently in the two-week-wait from that transfer. Dr. Conway has helped me feel less stressed by providing me as much information as I could possibly want, when I want it.
Dr. Conway is encouraging, and also realistic. She does not give false hope. I would say her bedside manner is “just warm enough”. I tend to value knowledge and information over a warm bedside manner though, and I would say Dr. Conway is a great fit for that.
I was treated like a human. Each time I needed additional info or more time with nurses, I was given exactly what I needed. They were always available to answer any questions I had.
My protocol included birth control for 3 weeks, then injections as follows: Menopur 75 IU and Follistim 150 IU for 9 days, with the last three days including ganirelix 75IU. My dosage never changes because I was responding very consistently. Dr. Conway ALWAYS values quality over quantity. The goal was to get as many eggs as possible, and my follicles grew exactly as she needed them to (prior to egg retrieval). At egg retrieval, a different doctor performed the retrieval, and only retrieved 8 eggs, and only 4 were mature, and only 2 fertilized, and only 1 survived to day 5 and was transferred. Once we decided to switch from a frozen transfer to a fresh transfer, I began taking Estrace twice daily, progesterone injections once daily, baby aspirin once daily, and a prenatal vitamin (which I had already been on for several months) once daily.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
Nursing staff was always helpful. The only time I had an issue was when I was provided the wrong fee schedule, and no one realized it until after my loan had been processed. Fortunately, my loan company was very easy to work with, and I was able to change my loan to accommodate my updated fee schedule. Otherwise, the nursing staff was absolutely amazing.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Strengths: communication, time spent with patients, available for questions, portal is convenient for records & communication as well, although most of the communication is through the nurses & IVF coordinator, Dr. Conway was always available when I did need to speak with her. Weaknesses: none really to note
There was a $250 consultation fee, but all other costs were provided to me on a fee schedule. Those costs included any pre-screening that needed to be done for me and for my husband.
My husband and I wanted to transfer two embryos initially. Dr. Conway believes in transferring ONE embryo, almost always. She is a strong advocate for the baby, and wants the healthiest outcome possible for the baby, so once she explained this to us, we agreed that if we had multiple embryos to choose from, we should just transfer one.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
The one thing that was done incorrectly at this clinic was when I was provided the Fee Schedule. This clinic operates in Baton Rouge, LA as well as Lafayette, LA. For the particular month of my egg retrieval, I should’ve received the fee schedule for the services in Lafayette, but I received Baton Rouge’s fee schedule by mistake. The frustrating part was that no one caught this until payments were due and I didn’t understand the fees due.
Baton Rouge

Dr Storment was very down to earth, and seemed ready to get a plan going to help us. ... He addressed us by name ... Because they could not diagnose my husband nor I with anything after being completely tested, we fell into the unexplained category. They had no reason to believe my body wouldn’t respond well to medicines so they didn’t have me on a high high dosage of everything thru IVF so I ended up with only 2 embryos able to be used. ...
Very nice and friendly atmosphere [FertilityAnswers], very opening and welcoming. ... The doctor and nurses all were always open to answer all of my many questions, and never gave the impression that I was a bother. I felt like they were truly rooting for me to get pregnant. ... I got to know the nurses and ultrasound techs from going so much and always enjoyed every single one.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Dr Storment was very down to earth, and seemed ready to get a plan going to help us. There was never any hesitation on my husband and I’s part with moving forward with him. He lined everything out for us and instructed us on each step thoroughly.
Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions, he will know the answers.
Dr Storment always treated my husband and I as valued patients. He addressed us by name when we walked in, would joke with my husband about football, and was very personable every visit.
Because they could not diagnose my husband nor I with anything after being completely tested, we fell into the unexplained category. They had no reason to believe my body wouldn’t respond well to medicines so they didn’t have me on a high high dosage of everything thru IVF so I ended up with only 2 embryos able to be used. I would like to possibly have higher dosages next round.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Suzanne (IVF coordinator))
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Very nice and friendly atmosphere, very opening and welcoming. I really had nothing negative to say about my experience as a patient there. The doctor and nurses all were always open to answer all of my many questions, and never gave the impression that I was a bother. I felt like they were truly rooting for me to get pregnant.
If I remember correctly our whole IFV process including 2 transfers was around $18,000-20,000
We transferred one at a time, being we only had 2 to work with. He didn’t seem to have a problem if I would have chose to do both at once.
Baton Rouge

Dr. Storment is a patient and caring doctor. He can seem a bit rushed sometimes, but he will always take the time to answer questions and ease your concerns. He cares about your successes and losses... For IVF stimming, I had a fairly relaxed protocol. When I expressed concerns over the small number of eggs, 5, I was assured there would be more at retrieval. The clinic provides a personalized and detailed calendar for every treatment. I followed my calendar and their recommendations to the letter and had a successful retrieval of 9 eggs with no complications. Though only 3 embryos made it to day 5, I still count it as a successful treatment. Transfers went smoothly and a staff member was always there every step of the way.
It can take a little bit of time to get an appointment [at Fertility Answers]. It’s a very clean clinic and nicely decorated. The equipment is new. They do take a lot of days off for holidays, so it can make some scheduling an issue, but they have weekend hours when needed for patients undergoing treatment...The staff took as much time as I needed to ensure that all of my questions were answered. No matter how trivial.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Storment is a patient and caring doctor. He can seem a bit rushed sometimes, but he will always take the time to answer questions and ease your concerns. He cares about your successes and losses. It’ rare to find doctors who care nowadays.
Try to get yourself as healthy as possible beforehand. And ask any question that comes to you. Don’t leave with questions.
For IUIs I took Femara and used an HCG trigger shot. I responded well the first time so the same protocol was used for the second IUI. The reasoning for the trigger shot, though I ovulate on my own, was to ensure that the eggs were released. For IVF stimming, I had a fairly relaxed protocol. When I expressed concerns over the small number of eggs, 5, I was assured there would be more at retrieval. The clinic provides a personalized and detailed calendar for every treatment. I followed my calendar and their recommendations to the letter and had a successful retrieval of 9 eggs with no complications. Though only 3 embryos made it to day 5, I still count it as a successful treatment. Transfers went smoothly and a staff member was always there every step of the way.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Kelly)
The patients are assigned a nurse to answer their calls and any questions they may have. Unfortunately there was some unexpected turnover when I was there, but each nurse I had was very professional and caring. They were very supportive and always great cheerleaders to have in your corner. The nurses are responsible for making and adjusting your calendar based on your doctor’s recommendations. Anytime there was a change, I was notified promptly and the changes as well as the reasons for them were explained in depth.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
It can take a little bit of time to get an appointment. It’s a very clean clinic and nicely decorated. The equipment is new. They do take a lot of days off for holidays, so it can make some scheduling an issue, but they have weekend hours when needed for patients undergoing treatment.
We had no insurance coverage so everything was out of pocket. Around $3,000 for each IUI. Around $20,000, including medication, for IVF.
My doctor adjusts his recommendations for the number of embryos to transfer based on the individual client.
Baton Rouge

Dr Conway was friendly and personable. Some things were not explained clearly. I did not see her as much as I thought I would have. Most of my visits were with the nurses. Even when trying to figure out next steps, I wouldn't have minded talking with a Dr about why the IUIs failed...We were recommended to start with an IUI, because my partially blocked fallopian tube wasn't a major issue, and my husband's sperm was fine...We were not told the sperm count, just that it was adequate. The IUI failed.
They [the nurses at Fertility Answers] were friendly and helpful. However, I was unsure about some of the information gathered from the bloodwork. I had to ask them what some of the results meant, because they did not tell me. Also. The process was a little fast...Strengths -everyone was very friendly and helpful Weakness -they need to discuss results with the patients and I would like to have seen the dr more...IUI was 1300 Medicine (pills) 131
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Ask questions and be proactive.
The doctor and nurses were very informative and helpful with any questions I had.
We were recommended to start with an IUI, because my partially blocked fallopian tube wasn't a major issue, and my husband's sperm was fine. I went in on cycle day 3 for an ultrasound to make sure there were follicles and no cysts. Days 3-7, I was to take 5 mg of Letrazole to make a couple of large follicles. We stopped having Intercourse a couple if days before our next ultrasound (cycle day 10) and bloodwork. This ultrasound and bloodwork was to check for the size of follicles (19 and 21) and lining (9.5), as well as to make sure I haven't already ovulated. The nurses called that night to tell when to give my self a trigger shot (that night). We were to come back in 2 days to get our IUI. We were not told the sperm count, just that it was adequate. The IUI failed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
They were friendly and helpful. However, I was unsure about some of the information gathered from the bloodwork. I had to ask them what some of the results meant, because they did not tell me. Also. The process was a little fast.
IUI was 1300 Medicine (pills) 131
None
Baton Rouge
Everything we were to expect was laid out before us before we ever decided to move forward with any treatment [with Dr. Storment]...He's a very understanding and caring doctor. He'll take all of your concerns and answer every one... we had to change our plan from a fresh transfer to a frozen one because my progesterone rose to a level that he believed would hinder implantation. Once I had a decent number of large enough follicles(can't remember the size they had to be) we triggered and his colleague , Dr Conway, did my retrieval.
They [staff at Fertility Answers] are very good about returning calls in a timely manner and never got impatient with me, regardless of how many times I called or questions I asked. The only thing bad I would say is sometimes they would get too "technical" with terms and I had to ask them to explain. I think they're just so familiar with everything that they sometimes forget that this is all new to the patient...My primary nurse could be very abrupt at times. She wasn't always the greatest at explaining the process of everything to me either. However the ultrasound tech(Julia) and the nurse( Jasmine) who drew my blood every time I went in were both phenomenal on the care they provided.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
From our very first consultation we could hear the care he has for his patients. He reviewed our case in detail and went over all our possible treatment options with us. He realistically gave us our percentages of success vs failure. We decided on the best plan of action do us, based on the results of all our testing, was IVF with ICSI. Everything we were to expect was laid out before us before we ever decided to move forward with any treatment.
Be honest with him about your concerns and feelings. He's a very understanding and caring doctor. He'll take all of your concerns and answer every one.
Every time we saw him he asked personal questions about her life and was genuinely interested in our lives outside of our infertility journey.
I don't know if there is a specific name for the protocol he used for our treatment other than ICSI for the actual fertilization process. I was on stims for almost two weeks before I triggered for my egg retrieval. He did have to double my dosage of Menopur 1/2 way through my stims because I was not responding as well as he thought I would. As a result we had to change our plan from a fresh transfer to a frozen one because my progesterone rose to a level that he believed would hinder implantation. Once I had a decent number of large enough follicles(can't remember the size they had to be) we triggered and his colleague , Dr Conway, did my retrieval.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Frida)
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
They are very good about returning calls in a timely manner and never got impatient with me, regardless of how many times I called or questions I asked. The only thing bad I would say is sometimes they would get too "technical" with terms and I had to ask them to explain. I think they're just so familiar with everything that they sometimes forget that this is all new to the patient.
I did all of my monitoring appointments first thing in the morning so I could head straight in to work after. They were very convenient and I never had to change my schedule around to accommodate them. They were very efficient with my time and I was always in and out in 30 mins or less.
Consultation was $150 total transfer fees after that were around $15,000. That is for egg retrieval medicines and frozen transfer.
We actually discussed this with him in detail and his feeling and findings were rhat there was no real increase in success rates with a multiple embryo transfer over a single but there were more risks involved in pregnancies with multiples so he prefers to only transfer one. There are exceptions he will make, for example if you're over 35 at time of retrieval or you've had multiple failed transfers.
2015, Successful
Dr Webster really knew what he was doing and I never felt like he was experimenting on me or just running through the typical portfolio of treatment...Dr. Webster was just really caring and warm. He and his staff knew when to be extra sensitive...He was very specific on how large the follicles needed to be in order for us to have a shot at pregnancy via iui. If he saw something not working, rather than risk a miscarriage or doomed pregnancy, he would tell me we needed to wait till the next cycle
They [the nurses at Fertility Answers] were great. They were fast and efficient. They also didn't make me feel stupid about any of the questions I asked or about showing me over and over how to do injections...The clinic was connected to Womans hospital, so some of the tests I did had to be done there. They do split the billing so you had the hospital fee on top of the specialist fee. That wasn't ideal, but it was what it was.
How was your experience with Bobby Webster (retired) at Fertility Answers?
I have nothing negative to say about dr. Webster. I have a beautiful baby boy because of him. He is retired now, which makes me sad because I would love to see him again for my next pregnancy. He was respectful of my time and my circumstances. He was reassuring and calm during the course of my treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Bobby Webster (retired) at Fertility Answers?
I would tell prospective patients to not give up. Dr Webster really knew what he was doing and I never felt like he was experimenting on me or just running through the typical portfolio of treatment. Before seeing dr Webster, I did have a dr who did this and it was infuriating.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Bobby Webster (retired) at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Webster was just really caring and warm. He and his staff knew when to be extra sensitive. They were always really willing to answer questions.
Describe the protocols Bobby Webster (retired) used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
They were great. They were fast and efficient. They also didn't make me feel stupid about any of the questions I asked or about showing me over and over how to do injections.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Bobby Webster (retired) at Fertility Answers.
Fertility treatment is expensive. That's not the fault of any doctor. From my consultation, I could tell that it really fired dr Webster up that fertility isn't typically covered via insurance, because it typically produces healthier babies that get sick less
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
The clinic had a sister clinic in lafayette. For some reason, the Lafayette clinic would occasionally send me invoices even though I had never been a patient there. every time I brought it up to th staff at my clinic they would tell me the status of my account and that I didn't need to worry about it.
Bobby Webster (retired)
Baton Rouge
Dr. Storment has a good sense of humor, is nice and accommodating, wants to make sure you understand everything, and made feel like my wife was being really well taken care of since he cared so much that her family understood everything.... He explained everything in great detail in the preop appointment for my wife's surgery. After he performed the surgery he came to me to explain everything and encouraged me to record everything for my wife and drew a detailed diagram of everything he had accomplished during the surgery.
Fertility answers offers the option to collect a sample at home in a condom for semen analysis which provides for much more comfortable collection. Appointments are always seen on time with a little waiting.... The semen analysis was a little more than $100. My wife's laparoscopy and hysteroscopy was $150 co-pay after 90% insurance. The HSG was $350. The initial consult was $350 but that can be used towards other treatments like IUI or IVF
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I really appreciated that Dr. Storment's office allowed at home collection for the semen analysis. He explained everything in great detail in the preop appointment for my wife's surgery. After he performed the surgery he came to me to explain everything and encouraged me to record everything for my wife and drew a detailed diagram of everything he had accomplished during the surgery.
My wife had a laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy after her HSG showed tubal blockage. He was the one who suggested this procedure and lots of problems were found during the procedure so I'm glad he recommended it.
During my wife's HSG the nurse didn't have the monitor turned on correctly at first but it was obviously an honest mistake and she and Dr. Storment were very concerned and took care of my wife very well.
Baton Rouge

Dr. Storment is very nice and understanding. I told him I was ovulating based on over the counter ovulation predictors; however, I did not have a period. He told me that was impossible. He told me no period equals no ovulation. It wasn't until bloodwork done that he realized I am indeed ovulating. Then he performed an IUI when I wasn't even getting my period. That IUI failed.
The nursing staff [at FertilityAnswers] overall was compassionate and helpful. The nurse who took my blood could never get it the first time which was painful and annoying. She would draw a dot on my arm with a pen, which is a technique I have never seen. Others have no trouble taking my blood.... The clinic is a nice facility in a good location In Baton Rouge. The weakness is Dr. Storment. He was unable to help me and I felt I spent unnecessary money on an IUI when the reason behind the lack of my period was never looked into.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Do your research and your own homework. If something doesn't sound right, get a second opinion.
I felt I was treated as a human with Dr. Storment. He was compassionate and listened and tried to help with treatment options as best as he could. He said that he even conversed with other doctors around the US regarding treatment options for me.
Dr. Storment, after talking with other professionals, decided to perform an IUI when bloodwork showed I was indeed ovulating. He assumed I wasn't since I didn't have a period. My lack of a period was due to Ashermans Syndrome from having two D&C's. This should have been a red flag to Dr. Storment. I feel I wasted a few thousand on this IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
The nursing staff overall was compassionate and helpful. The nurse who took my blood could never get it the first time which was painful and annoying. She would draw a dot on my arm with a pen, which is a technique I have never seen. Others have no trouble taking my blood.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
IUI cost me around $2,000 plus medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
As stated earlier, Dr. Storment performed an IUI on me when there was an issue that needed taking care of first. I was not having my period due to scar tissue after two D&C's. When I changed fertility doctors, the next doctor advised he would have never done an IUI as my story definitely told a sign of Ashermans Syndrome.
Baton Rouge

Doctor Chappell will call you or message you in the portal in a timely manner as well! He’s very real and kind to us. ... We were always treated like a good friend to him! ... First consult we did blood work and scans found out that my amh was very low! He asked about how many kids we wanted and he told us Which was our best option. ... He was very kind and very personable.
They [FertilityAnswers] are a very good team and they all work together even the front desk. They all help each other out. All very compassionate! Always get an appointment within days and if u need something ASAP they will find a way to get you in! ... We loved everything about this clinic the nurses go above and beyond to answer our questions in the patient portal. They call back in a very timely manner.
How was your experience with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
We loved everything about this clinic the nurses go above and beyond to answer our questions in the patient portal. They call back in a very timely manner. Doctor Chappell will call you or message you in the portal in a timely manner as well! He’s very real and kind to us. Would recommend him to anyone for sure!!
Best doctor i have seen by far!
He was very kind and very personable. We were always treated like a good friend to him! Would recommend him to everyone! Wish all my primary care doctors were as good as he was to us!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
They were wonderful very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
They are a very good team and they all work together even the front desk. They all help each other out. All very compassionate! Always get an appointment within days and if u need something ASAP they will find a way to get you in!
We had some coverage through our insurance. They stuff we didn’t have coverage for was much more reasonable than friends with other doctors in the areas!
We have not discussed that.
Baton Rouge

Dr. Storment called me himself on many occasions. Always responded quickly to messages... very easy to talk to. Presents all the information clearly and realistically. He always discussed alternative treatment options and made sure we were part of the decision making process...First time we tried, I didn’t respond as well as I should have so we started over before attempting egg retrieval. Second time we used the same medication at higher doses. We had one embryo make it to freeze day but unfortunately that one didn’t take.
The office [of Fertility Answers] is calming and clean. Occasionally I had a little bit of a wait for labs or ultrasound, but for the most part they got me in and out quickly which was important for me on work days. Front desk (and all of the staff for that matter) are always super friendly...First time we tried, I didn’t respond as well as I should have so we started over before attempting egg retrieval. Second time we used the same medication at higher doses. We had one embryo make it to freeze day but unfortunately that one didn’t take.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Storment is very easy to talk to. Presents all the information clearly and realistically. He always discussed alternative treatment options and made sure we were part of the decision making process.
We used Follistim, Menopur, and Ganirelix. First time we tried, I didn’t respond as well as I should have so we started over before attempting egg retrieval. Second time we used the same medication at higher doses. We had one embryo make it to freeze day but unfortunately that one didn’t take.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The office is calming and clean. Occasionally I had a little bit of a wait for labs or ultrasound, but for the most part they got me in and out quickly which was important for me on work days. Front desk (and all of the staff for that matter) are always super friendly.
I have some insurance coverage so I really only had to pay for medication, which ran us about $4,000 for the one cycle
Dr. Storment recommended SET due to my age. Knowing what we knew then, I was definitely in agreement to that strategy.
Baton Rouge
Dr Conway is very direct and blunt. She won't lead you on a course she feels won't be successful. I was confident that we were getting the right treatment for us. Dr Conway found a blocked tube on my hsg which guided our treatment as we had to wait for right ovulation before doing our iui....She was very matter of fact about our treatment and diagnosis. No fluff but took the time to make sure these were the steps we wanted to take....
They [Fertility Answers] can be difficult to get a hold of at times but they always return phone calls within a day if not same day. The clinic is very clean and comforting. Everyone is respectful and compassionate. They are pretty available and I didn't have to wait long for treatment to begin...The front desk/nurse doesn't always answer calls promptly but they are genuineand compassionate and detailed...when we got our positive they were as happy as we were!
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Listen to everything she says. It may be different than what you think your treatment should be. She really does only recommend things she believes will result in a positive test.
She was very matter of fact about our treatment and diagnosis. No fluff but took the time to make sure these were the steps we wanted to take. And when we got our positive they were as happy as we were!
We used letrozole taken for 5 days (started on cycle day 3), an hcg trigger shot, and iui
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
They can be difficult to get a hold of at times but they always return phone calls within a day if not same day. The clinic is very clean and comforting. Everyone is respectful and compassionate. They are pretty available and I didn't have to wait long for treatment to begin.
2000
Baton Rouge

Dr. Chappell treats us with great care. he takes time to explain, always makes us feel important and lets us know every option. HE makes you feel like you are important to him. And he takes the time to continue to educate himself on the best possible solutions.... Bring Dr. Chappell all of the information available about your journey. He wants to investigate every piece of the puzzle.
The nursing staff [FertilityAnswers] is welcoming, encouraging and informative....The clinics strengths include: they are all informative, the place is clean, up to date. The clinics weaknesses include: the staff knowing what not to say, sometimes they have said a little too much....Cost were high because my insurance does not cover most of it. But consultations and blood works specials were helpful.
How was your experience with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Chappell greets you like a friend. He explains everything fully and takes time to make sure you are okay emotionally and physically. He is willing to call you personally and also helps in whatever way he can.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
The nursing staff is welcoming, encouraging and informative.