500 Rue de la Vie
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
206 E. Farrel Rd.
Lafayette, LA 70508

Dr. Storment does seem compassionate, but moreover, he seems really busy. He doesn't have a lot of time to spend with patients but he does seem to truly love what he does. He is easy to talk to, but he seems rushed most of the time. He is gentle and explains what is going to happen beforehand... During most visits, I did not see the doctor unless I specifically asked. Each time I went to the clinic, I saw new or different staff members working. The IUI was not done by the doctor I had been working with
The clinic [Fertility Answers-Baton Rouge] looks nice and clean and modern. The front desk staff are friendly, although the day of my trigger shot, they did not let the nurses know I was waiting so I sat 1 hour past my "appointment" time. This made me question how organized they are and how well they communicate. The music in the lobby was calming. The bad thing about the clinic is how expensive it is (all out of pocket), and how busy they are. It feels like the treatment approach is cookie-cutter and not tailored to an individual patient. There was no effort into finding out the reason for my infertility, just treating it.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Storment at Fertility Answers?
It doesn't matter how much of a relationship you form with him because he may or may not even be at your procedure appointment. Make sure to come prepared with a lot of questions and don't be afraid to take the time to ask them all.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
During most visits, I did not see the doctor unless I specifically asked. Each time I went to the clinic, I saw new or different staff members working. The IUI was not done by the doctor I had been working with.
Describe the protocols John Storment used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
Treatment started with bloodwork, then Letrazole pills, then more bloodwork. Once the bloodwork #s looked like ovulation was near, I was given a trigger shot and scheduled for an IUI procedure the next day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I saw different staff members on each visit. The lady doing the ultrasounds was the same each time, and she was friendly but had a difficult time seeing my ovaries, which made it uncomfortable. The lab tech was gentle and compassionate about how nervous I get during bloodwork. The care coordinator was just very busy. She wrote out the protocol for my treatment on a calendar, but it was still difficult for me to decipher what should be done and when.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic looks nice and clean and modern. The front desk staff are friendly, although the day of my trigger shot, they did not let the nurses know I was waiting so I sat 1 hour past my "appointment" time. This made me question how organized they are and how well they communicate. The music in the lobby was calming. The bad thing about the clinic is how expensive it is (all out of pocket), and how busy they are. It feels like the treatment approach is cookie-cutter and not tailored to an individual patient. There was no effort into finding out the reason for my infertility, just treating it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Storment at Fertility Answers.
$1500 plus medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
I was told to show up at a specific time for my trigger shot and I was never called into the back from the lobby. I had to remind the front desk receptionist that I was waiting and then the nurse informed me that she had no idea. Also, the package that I paid for was supposed to include lab work, but I still received a bill from the lab. The office was quick to address that issue in only 1 call.
Treated 2017 - 2018
Very easy to talk to, you can tell she [Dr. Conway] loves what she does. As a patient I feel like she's doing what is best for my partner and I. Explained everything very well and made sure we knew what we are getting into.... For IUI I used metronome, 2.5mg ×2 For 5 nights and 200mg progesterone suppositories after all IUI's. I had a trigger shot of pregnyl and had 1ml. 24-36 hours before IUI was done. I responded well to medicine and my follicles were a great size, but all IUI's were unsuccessfull.
Strengths would probably be the nurses, ultrasound team is awesome and knowledge of doctors. Weaknesses, I feel are that the doctor isn't always there [Fertility Answers] if it's not there day at the clinic even thought they try. They can't be in Baton Rogue and Lafayette at the same time. Also only doing transfers and retrevials certain times during a one month period.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Very easy to talk to, you can tell she loves what she does. As a patient I feel like she's doing what is best for my partner and I. Explained everything very well and made sure we knew what we are getting into.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Ask any questions don't be afraid your asking a silly question, they have heard it almost all before.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Being forced into such a small window to retrieve and to transfer works off of what's easiest for the hospital/clinic. Not what works best for the patient in my opinion. Other smaller clinics don't do it this way from my understanding.
Describe the protocols Susan Conway used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
Nurses were nice. I can't say I have any complaints. They've explained everything thus far and always call back the same day if I have a request or question.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Strengths would probably be the nurses, ultrasound team is awesome and knowledge of doctors. Weaknesses, I feel are that the doctor isn't always there if it's not there day at the clinic even thought they try. They can't be in Baton Rogue and Lafayette at the same time. Also only doing transfers and retrevials certain times during a one month period. Not sure that it's like this at other clinics, but when getting in this process I wish it wasn't pushed back 2 months at a time if something happens. People going through infertility I feel have waited a long time through saving and patience and I feel time of is the essence but what the clinic offers isn't week to week unfortunately.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Conway at Fertility Answers.
Prescreening lab(f) 500 Prescreening labs (m) 300 Semen analysis 150 Follicular studies and hormone studies 2,500 Stim start w/pgs 9,650 Medication 2,700 Legal counseling 400 Anesthesia 525
Describe Susan Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
Dr. Conway is pro single embryo fransfer. Even more so if they are PGS tested.
Treated 2017
Dr. Conway never remembered who we were and we did 4 IUI’s with her. On the final IUI she actually walked into the room and said “hey guys! So is this your first IUI?” When we told he no, she looked at her notes and said “oh yea, you’re the ones who keep trying these.”...I only saw Dr. Conway for our initial consult, HSG and IUI’s. For one of our IUI’s there was a tropical storm in the gulf and she triggered me one night and did the IUI about 12 hours later. I was so upset knowing that she did this to avoid having to deal with the fact that there may be a tropical storm within the 36 hour window. I never felt like she timed our IUI’s right.
I spoke to a different nurse [at Fertility Answers] every time. Nothing was consistent and I never felt like anyone knew who I was. I was just a number...1,300 for IUI with Letrozole $200 for medication...Bloodwork and ultrasounds were done quickly. But I always felt rushed to get out of there. The financial department refused to submit things to my insurance company until I insisted. Turns out the one I insisted that they submit was covered. Know your insurance benifits before going in.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Ask lots of questions and do your own research!
Dr. Conway never remembered who we were and we did 4 IUI’s with her. On the final IUI she actually walked into the room and said “hey guys! So is this your first IUI?” When we told he no, she looked at her notes and said “oh yea, you’re the ones who keep trying these.” It was super awkward and rude.
For an IUI cycle I would go in for a baseline scan on day 2-3 of my cycle. If everything looked good I would then take Letrozole from day 3-7. I would go in for an ultrasound and bloodwork around day 10-11 to check follicle size and then I would wait to hear from the nurse for instructions on when to administer the trigger shot. After the trigger shot, our IUI would be anywhere from 12-36 hours after. It was never consistent.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
I spoke to a different nurse every time. Nothing was consistent and I never felt like anyone knew who I was. I was just a number.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic was convenient because it was 5 minutes from my house. Bloodwork and ultrasounds were done quickly. But I always felt rushed to get out of there. The financial department refused to submit things to my insurance company until I insisted. Turns out the one I insisted that they submit was covered. Know your insurance benifits before going in.
1,300 for IUI with Letrozole $200 for medication
Treated 2015
Md [Dr. Storment] was friendly. As a whole, I felt like my wishes were not considered as I had wanted. I only met with this particular Md once I think, but i did have communication through the nurses with him later on. He definitely listened and answered questions during that one particular visit... i was given the option of IUI or nothing. I wanted to start basic treatment with fertility pills only; they would not do this. If you want aggressive treatment, this is the place to go.
HSG [at Fertility Answers] was $500. IUI would have been approximately $1200...Maybe I was overreacting, but I thought the nursing staff was a bit unfriendly (on one or two particular occasions over the phone). Otherwise, they seemed fairly cordial. My husband was not allowed to go into my HSG procedure with me. It seemed like this caused a little bit of friction because I was scared and wanted him, too.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Md was friendly. As a whole, I felt like my wishes were not considered as I had wanted. I only met with this particular Md once I think, but i did have communication through the nurses with him later on. He definitely listened and answered questions during that one particular visit. He requested an HSG, which I did with another dr in their practice.
Ask detailed questions early on and what their plan for you is. I was not impressed with my overall treatment regimen, even though I was only seen a couple times. Maybe it would have gotten better if I would have followed exactly what their plan was, but I believe I have the right to my own treatment in certain aspects. I wish I would have been presented with more options, instead of the "take it or leave it" approach.
In some ways, I felt like a human and respected. But in other ways, I felt like my wishes were not considered. I was not ready to do IUI at that time, but that is all that I was presented with for options. I had to go back to my primary care GYN to receive the basic fertility treatment that I wanted at that time (fertility pills/monitored cycles).
First visit was an initial conult. Second visit, I had an HSG done, which showed patent tubes. Then, i had labs for PCOS, which came back negative. Afterward, i was given the option of IUI or nothing. I wanted to start basic treatment with fertility pills only; they would not do this. If you want aggressive treatment, this is the place to go.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Nice building..we did have to drive about 2 hrs to get to the Lafayette location for any tests/procedures!
Insurance did not cover anything. Initial consult was close to $200, I think. HSG was $500. IUI would have been approximately $1200.
Describe John Storment's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
Lafayette
Dr. Storment is very nice and understanding. I told him I was ovulating based on over the counter ovulation predictors; however, I did not have a period. He told me that was impossible. He told me no period equals no ovulation. It wasn't until bloodwork done that he realized I am indeed ovulating. Then he performed an IUI when I wasn't even getting my period. That IUI failed.
The nursing staff [at FertilityAnswers] overall was compassionate and helpful. The nurse who took my blood could never get it the first time which was painful and annoying. She would draw a dot on my arm with a pen, which is a technique I have never seen. Others have no trouble taking my blood.... The clinic is a nice facility in a good location In Baton Rouge. The weakness is Dr. Storment. He was unable to help me and I felt I spent unnecessary money on an IUI when the reason behind the lack of my period was never looked into.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Do your research and your own homework. If something doesn't sound right, get a second opinion.
I felt I was treated as a human with Dr. Storment. He was compassionate and listened and tried to help with treatment options as best as he could. He said that he even conversed with other doctors around the US regarding treatment options for me.
Dr. Storment, after talking with other professionals, decided to perform an IUI when bloodwork showed I was indeed ovulating. He assumed I wasn't since I didn't have a period. My lack of a period was due to Ashermans Syndrome from having two D&C's. This should have been a red flag to Dr. Storment. I feel I wasted a few thousand on this IUI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
The nursing staff overall was compassionate and helpful. The nurse who took my blood could never get it the first time which was painful and annoying. She would draw a dot on my arm with a pen, which is a technique I have never seen. Others have no trouble taking my blood.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
IUI cost me around $2,000 plus medications.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
As stated earlier, Dr. Storment performed an IUI on me when there was an issue that needed taking care of first. I was not having my period due to scar tissue after two D&C's. When I changed fertility doctors, the next doctor advised he would have never done an IUI as my story definitely told a sign of Ashermans Syndrome.

Treated 2016 - 2018
I felt like I was the one requesting tests done. I felt like he [Dr. John Storment] didn't give our case much attention because we aren't ready for IVF. I feel like no set plan was made either. Last visit he just said keep trying and we will see...But he was confident we would get pregnant. We have not yet...I felt like more could be done. Not just try on your own and see what happens...Do research and request tests.
Plan on asking a lot of questions and do your reseasrch before hand [at Fertility Answers]. Also plan on being felt like your just a number to the doctor. I wanted to feel like he really cared about our case. I did not want to be told to just try on your own or IVF...The nurses had wonderful bed side manner. They were always compassionate towards us...I felt like I was the one requesting tests done. I felt like he [Dr. John Sorment] didn't give our case much attention because we aren't ready for IVF. I feel like no set plan was made either. Last visit he just said keep trying and we will see...But he was confident we would get pregnant. We have not yet.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I felt like I was the one requesting tests done. I felt like he didn't give our case much attention because we aren't ready for IVF. I feel like no set plan was made either. Last visit he just said keep trying and we will see...But he was confident we would get pregnant. We have not yet.
Do research and request tests.
I felt like more could be done. Not just try on your own and see what happens.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Plan on asking a lot of questions and do your reseasrch before hand. Also plan on being felt like your just a number to the doctor. I wanted to feel like he really cared about our case. I did not want to be told to just try on your own or IVF.
Treated 2014 - 2015
She was very kind and friendly. Very personable. My husband and I were not very interested in In vitro, but it seemed like she was pushing it. We would’ve liked to find out the cause of our infertility....I would’ve liked to try to figure out the cause of my infertility. It was never discussed....The baby pictures of past clients [at Fertility Answers] were very sweet and the board for clients to write on was a beautiful idea....Expect treatment that is more like a bandaid than getting to the root of the problem.
Nice, new, clean facility [Fertility Answers - LAF]. The baby pictures of past clients were very sweet and the board for clients to write on was a beautiful idea. It’s a little hard to navigate the hallways and find your way from room to room....Expect treatment that is more like a bandaid than getting to the root of the problem....I would’ve liked to try to figure out the cause of my infertility. It was never discussed....1500 per IUI... My husband and I were not very interested in In vitro...
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Nice, new, clean facility. The baby pictures of past clients were very sweet and the board for clients to write on was a beautiful idea. It’s a little hard to navigate the hallways and find your way from room to room.
1500 per IUI
Treated 2017 - 2018
I felt like just another person being artificially inseminated. He [Dr. Storment] didn't know me before the morning of each IUI'S. Zero talking, just like a simple ATM deposit. ... Don't expect him to care about you as a person or patient. ... And believe me, theres a lot of stuff I didn't even know to ask. I felt completely in the dark with both procedures. ...
They [FertilityAnswers] all assumed that I knew when to take everything/how to take everything. They forgot the sperm cup both IUI'S. The first time, thank god I had a sealed old cup that was given to me years ago. The second time, I had to drive back on a Friday afternoon and pick it up from their mailbox. I would've been completely screwed both times. They honestly don't care about people.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I felt like just another person being artificially inseminated. He didn't know me before the morning of each IUI'S. Zero talking, just like a simple ATM deposit. I feel like I was treated less than because an IUI brings in a lot less $$ than an IVF would. Made me wonder if there was any sperm even in the tube.
Don't expect him to care about you as a person or patient. You are just another number and you need him more than he needs you. You won't be asked anything because he doesn't care. If you want to know something; you will have to ask. Not friendly, not caring, its just another day for him.
I had never personally met the doctor with my clothes on. Only to inject sperm for the 2 iui's. I felt like a part of an assembly line. He didn't know anything about me or my history, just that I was another female patient and he was holding my partner's sperm about to do another procedure today.
The first cycle was a pill/injection cycle. Was given very little information because they just assumed people already knew how to use fertility drugs? I had to call and ask or use Google. I ovulated before my IUI was scheduled. Second cycle was completely injectables. Everything was double of the medication used last time. I was excited with the doubling down of meds except when I ovulated again on a Saturday afternoon and my IUI was scheduled for Monday morning. Another negative pregnancy test, another $3,000.00 wasted. Nothing was ever reviewed to me with a Dr. All treatments were told to me by nurses/staff in the office.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
They all assumed that I knew when to take everything/how to take everything. They forgot the sperm cup both IUI'S. The first time, thank god I had a sealed old cup that was given to me years ago. The second time, I had to drive back on a Friday afternoon and pick it up from their mailbox. I would've been completely screwed both times. They honestly don't care about people.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
They don't try to figure out why youre not getting pregnant. They just push IVF and tell you that youre wasting your money on IUI's or anything else. They don't care about you, they don't offer any answers unless you ask. And believe me, theres a lot of stuff I didn't even know to ask. I felt completely in the dark with both procedures.
The first IUI was pretty straight forward. Right at $2,000 for IUI & medications. The second IUI was supposed to be $2,000 again; BUT after I paid (on day 1 as required) I was told that the meds would be double because of all the "injectables" plus it was now a different pharmacy that they were using. Also, after my failed IUI- I received in another bill for $500.00! Yes! They said it was because of some error in communication and that I should have been told about this before and the day of me paying for everything and that it was their mistake twice, but that surprise bill was mine.
Not sure/doesn't apply to me
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
There were the IUI's that they knew I would be bringing in fresh semen in a cup for the IUI's that were scheduled an hour or two later. They would tell me that I needed to have the sample to their office in like 45 minutes. I live 30-40 minutes away depending on traffic. When I would get to the office and sign in holding my cup, they would have me sit down for another 15-20 minutes each time like I was waiting for a regular doctor visit. They were told each time I walked in that I was dropping off my sample for my IUI. They don't care if all the sperm are dead before they do an IUI. This clinic is the worst in all areas. Front of house staff that makes you sit with dying sperm, nurses/staff that don't communicate dosage, doctors that don't meet/discuss anything till the moment of IUI; just an overall lack of give a damn by everyone in the building.