500 Rue de la Vie
Baton Rouge, LA 70817
206 E. Farrel Rd.
Lafayette, LA 70508

Treated 2018 - 2019
He [Dr. Neil Chappell] wanted to do the cycle with just a little bit of medication to see how my body works before we did a full cycle of follistim. I appreciated he was trying to be cost efficient while still working to get me pregnant...saw me at every appointment and took time to explain what he wanted to see happen and what my body was actually doing... clearly cares about his patients. He was quick to take tension out of the room when he could tell I was nervous. He made a special appointment to meet with me right before the end of the year before our insurance started over. He was very willing to work with me and listen to suggestions about my course of care.
[The nurses at Fertility Answers] were okay. I had to ask questions to get an answer they weren’t informative without me asking a lot. They also don’t leave voicemails which is difficult when I miss a call from them and I don’t know what it’s reguarding. I work full time so answering the phone isn’t always easy...I LOVE how quickly all test results go into their patient portal. The portal is so helpful to look back at and help me to formulate additional questions for future appointments. I think the nurses over all could do better communicating with patients. I also think patients should double check insurance coverage first because they got ours wrong and I had to inform them we were covered.
How was your experience with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Chappell clearly cares about his patients. He was quick to take tension out of the room when he could tell I was nervous. He made a special appointment to meet with me right before the end of the year before our insurance started over. He was very willing to work with me and listen to suggestions about my course of care.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
he Is very young but knowledgeable
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Neil saw me at every appointment and took time to explain what he wanted to see happen and what my body was actually doing.
Describe the protocols Neil Chappell used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
5 days of letrazole 2 times a day, 3 days of 50 follistim and then 5000 HCG trigger. He wanted to do the cycle with just a little bit of medication to see how my body works before we did a full cycle of follistim. I appreciated he was trying to be cost efficient while still working to get me pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
They were okay. I had to ask questions to get an answer they weren’t informative without me asking a lot. They also don’t leave voicemails which is difficult when I miss a call from them and I don’t know what it’s reguarding. I work full time so answering the phone isn’t always easy.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers.
Iui is $1700 however I have insurance coverage for ultrasounds and blood work. I don’t know exact out of pocket I paid
Treated 2018 - 2019
John Storment is absolutely amazing. Each time we met he would go over in detail every single option and route that we had and would tell me the pro's and con's of each option. He made me feel like we are on the same team and he wants to get me pregnant just as bad as I want to get pregnant. He doesn't sugar coat things which some people may not like, but I love how upfront he is about everything it keeps me on the ground.
The nurses [at Fertility Answers-BR] are wonderful. They are always in a great mood and seem happy to see me and be helping me on this journey. I probably call them too much but they always return my phone calls and answer all my questions and even if I repeat myself they just constantly assure me and help me make sure I understand what I need to be doing. I love the whole nursing staff at Fertility Answers BR.... It is $1300 for an oral IUI cycle
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Trust him, he will tell you the truth and what he thinks is best for your individual case.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
John would personally call me myself and talk to me about my lab results sometimes. He always fully explained everything until he knew I grasped it and never made me feel dumb or rushed.
Describe the protocols John Storment used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
We did an oral cycle. I had letrozle for 5 days, and it produced a nice egg like we wanted. My uterine lining wasn't thickening like we wanted so he had me insert estradiol nightly for 5 days and the day after my IUI I did promethium until 2 weeks later I tested negative on a pregnancy test and so we stopped that to let my period start.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
The nurses are wonderful. They are always in a great mood and seem happy to see me and be helping me on this journey. I probably call them too much but they always return my phone calls and answer all my questions and even if I repeat myself they just constantly assure me and help me make sure I understand what I need to be doing. I love the whole nursing staff at Fertility Answers BR.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic is very relaxing and clean. They are always on time there too I've never waited longer than 5 minutes before being seen in whatever part of the appointment I'm in. Only weakness I can think of is there is only one bathroom in the clinic so you have to go out by the elevators to the restroom in the main part of the hospital if you need to go and the one in the office is occupied.
Describe the costs associated with your care under John Storment at Fertility Answers.
It is $1300 for an oral IUI cycle which covers all the ultrasounds and bloodwork for 3 visits. Medications are seperate. My trigger shot cost around $160.
Describe John Storment's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
Baton Rouge

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers.

Treated 2017 - 2019
We began researching local clinics that were not just LGBTQ tolerant, but that were welcoming. We wanted to work with people who wanted to help us start a family. We found that at Fertility Answers. After our first consultation we knew we were in the right hands.... A medicated IUI cycle with injectables is $1,800. The medications are separate and cost us a little over $400. We purchased our sperm from Seattle Sperm bank and with shipping it cost us $860 per vial.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Conway was super honest and direct with us, which we appreciated. She did our consultation and my HSG. I also had a great experiences with her co-workers Dr. Chappel and Dr. Storment. Dr. Storment is the one that performed the IUI that got me pregnant. Dr. Chappel spent time reviewing my medications and answering my nervous patient questions. Dr. Chappel also gives talks monthly at the hospital about fertility issues. They really are a team.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Do not hesitate to become a patient. She is very forthright and will be honest with you. She will clearly tell you what to expect and answer any questions you have.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
We began researching local clinics that were not just LGBTQ tolerant, but that were welcoming. We wanted to work with people who wanted to help us start a family. We found that at Fertility Answers. After our first consultation we knew we were in the right hands. Everyone at the clinic was so encouraging and excited for us when I got pregnant. They were especially sensitive and caring when I had a miscarriage.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Ivy)
Everyone at the clinic is amazing. Ivy and Michelle were a wealth of information and never made us feel like a bother when we had questions of the internet freaked us out. I cannot say enough good things about them and the rest of the staff.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
This clinic has teamwork down to a science. I met every doctor and nurse there at some point during my treatment and every single one of them was up to speed on my care. From the moment you walk in to the time you walk out you feel cared for and important. No question is silly to them and no one is rushing you out the door.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Susan Conway at Fertility Answers.
Treated 2017 - 2019
I think Dr Storment is very knowledgeable on infertility. He is always willing to sit down with me and my husband to talk and answer any questions we have and helps to ease our worries through this process. When a cycle is not successful he always has a plan b ready for the next cycle. ... My first time trying IUI he just tried ovulation induction with letrozole. When i did not progress like he wanted he cancelled that cycle. I started the next cycle with letrozole and 75 iu follistim ejections with a trigger shot done when my follicles where a size they needed to be. I responded much better to this and we were able to do three cycles of IUI this way, but none were successful.
The clinic [FertilityAnswers] has friendly and knowledgeable staff, they are very professional. From the lady who answers the phones to the nursing staff everyone is always happy and cheerful. They staff is very compassionate when a cycle is unsuccessful and eager to help you along the way. I do not really have anything bad to say about the clinic and I have not had a bad experience other then not getting pregnant yet.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
If you feel unsure about anything take the time to talk to Dr Storment because he will answer all your questions and will try his best to ease your mind while going through your infertility struggle. He is very compassionate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: I saw either Amy or Freda each visit.)
Both nurses were very compassionate and understanding. They always gave me a calendar on what I needed to do on which day. They showed me how to do my shots and how to mix my trigger shot when needed. Any time I had a question or concern during my cycles I was always able to talk to them or leave a message, which they always responded quickly too.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic has friendly and knowledgeable staff, they are very professional. From the lady who answers the phones to the nursing staff everyone is always happy and cheerful. They staff is very compassionate when a cycle is unsuccessful and eager to help you along the way. I do not really have anything bad to say about the clinic and I have not had a bad experience other then not getting pregnant yet.
The cost for an IUI cycle with no medication was $1,750. My follistim shot through SMP Pharmacy Solutions in Miami, FL is $280, my trigger shot is $89, and my letrozole was $10.
Treated 2011 - 2019
I do love him [Dr. Storment], he is kind and sweet and is always positive. but i do feel pushed off at times. Sometimes he doesn't tell me straight up how he feels but lets the nurses deliver the dirty work. Overall he did give me my daughter and I will forever be thankful for that. ... CD3 baseline ultrasound, CD3 25mg of Femeral, CD5-9 follistim (various quantities) CD10 follicle check ultrasound. I usually always need a few more days. come back in 12-13 check again. Usually follicles matured as he liked. 1-2 more days of stims then the trigger. IUI 36 hours after Trigger. Husband brings sample from home 2 hours prior.
At times i feel good, but then others it feels like i am put into the assembly line box. ... They [FertilityAnswers] have it all, in house lab, ultrasound and are expanding to a full IVF Lab. When I am in the mist of a cycle the apts. are always when i need them. They also allow me to get in and out and still make it to work. Love the clinic. ... they are all kind, but you can def tell they have a LOT of patients on their plate. They introduce themselves each time... even though i have been there a long time. They are always kind though.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I do love him, he is kind and sweet and is always positive. but i do feel pushed off at times. Sometimes he doesn't tell me straight up how he feels but lets the nurses deliver the dirty work. Overall he did give me my daughter and I will forever be thankful for that.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
They have it all, in house lab, ultrasound and are expanding to a full IVF Lab. When I am in the mist of a cycle the apts. are always when i need them. They also allow me to get in and out and still make it to work. Love the clinic.
Each Injectable IUI Cycle includes monitoring and the procedure it is $1750. I pay the meds directly to the pharmacy.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
We had decided to move to IVF... well lift happened and we were unable to start when we wanted to. We wanted to try one final IUI. I called to inquire if Dr Storment would allow that. No one called me back... I had to call a couple times to finally talk to someone. When they called me back she did apologize and thought the other nurse had called me back. but was quick once she realized the mistake.
Treated 2018 - 2019
She [Dr. Susan Conway] was available to meet with me throughout my treatment cycles, and she was very responsive with questions...I felt she was very knowledgeable and explained things in a manner I could understand. She is a good communicator...One weakness, however, is that I feel like she could have been more aggressive with my treatment, and more understanding about my financial concerns...I was prescribed metformin to help regulate my pcos throughout my treatment cycles.
A treatment cycle with oral medication [at Fertility Answers] is $850. A treatment cycle with oral medication and IUI is $1300. A treatment cycle with injectable medication and IUI is $2000. All medication costs are separate...Their strength is their communication, bedside manner and compassion for their patients. I felt that the doctors were very qualified and were treating me to the best of their ability. One weakness is that they only provide one financial lending option, and I feel like other clinics have better hours.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
I felt she was very knowledgeable and explained things in a manner I could understand. She is a good communicator and is very responsive to any questions or concerns I had. One weakness, however, is that I feel like she could have been more aggressive with my treatment, and more understanding about my financial concerns
Be willing to work with her through the process
She was available to meet with me throughout my treatment cycles, and she was very responsive with questions.
Describe the protocols Susan Conway used in your cycles at Fertility Answers and their degree of success.
I used femara and follistim to stimulate my ovaries before having iuis performed. I was prescribed metformin to help regulate my pcos throughout my treatment cycles.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers.
All of the nurses were very compassionate and have a great bedside manner
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
A treatment cycle with oral medication is $850. A treatment cycle with oral medication and IUI is $1300. A treatment cycle with injectable medication and IUI is $2000. All medication costs are separate.
Describe Susan Conway's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
I have not done IVF, so I am unaware of my doctor's approach
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
In the beginning of my treatment my doctor was dismissive of my previous treatment cycles with other physicians and my own personal knowledge of how I respond to certain medication, etc. This caused me to have a canceled cycle due to poor response. Once the issue was rectified, i had a better response to the medication.
Treated 2013 - 2019
He [Dr. John Storment] suggested we start with 3 IUIs before moving to IVF. First and second IUI, we did Femara 5 mg at night CD 3-7 (1st) and CD 4-8 (2nd), and Novarel 10,000 trigger shot about 22 hours before the IUIs. Both resulted in negative pregnancy tests. For the 3rd IUI, we added Follistim 100iu CD8-10. Everything else was the same as the first IUI as far as protocol. The 3rd IUI was 36 hours after the trigger shot. This one also ended in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Storment felt like Femara/Letrozole was best for me since I have PCOS. I responded well each cycle having one dominant follicle more than 20mm. My husband's sperm counts/motility/morphology were all high and good. No male factor issues.
One wonderful thing this clinic [Fertility Answers] does offer is The Gift of Hope program. They chose one applicant each year to receive a free IVF treatment. Another wonderful thing they do is they participate in the Baby Steps/Sarah's Laughter foundation and donate grants. We participated in a Baby Steps Walk in 2017 and won a $500 grant for the Fertility Answers clinic. That covered our initial consultation ($350) and my post IUIs follow up appointment ($150) with Dr. Storment where we discussed the next step of IVF.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Storment is very knowledgeable. He always made me feel comfortable and informed. I feel like he's "in my corner"! He wants this for us just as much as we want it and he's going to do everything in his power to make it happen. I trust him. I feel comfortable talking with him, asking him questions, and know I'll always get straight answer. He has been up front with me with my test results showing my low AMH and expressed how concerned he was. He strongly suggested not putting off IVF any longer. We plan to start within the next month or two because of his honest input on my health and our treatments.
Don't be afraid to ask questions if you don't understand something. Dr. Storment is more than willing to spend the time with you making sure you understand and are comfortable with moving forward.
The office always has a calm and comforting atmosphere. Anyone I speak to greets me with a friendly smile and they always ask how I am doing. You can tell they care and that they remember you from the last visit.
He suggested we start with 3 IUIs before moving to IVF. First and second IUI, we did Femara 5 mg at night CD 3-7 (1st) and CD 4-8 (2nd), and Novarel 10,000 trigger shot about 22 hours before the IUIs. Both resulted in negative pregnancy tests. For the 3rd IUI, we added Follistim 100iu CD8-10. Everything else was the same as the first IUI as far as protocol. The 3rd IUI was 36 hours after the trigger shot. This one also ended in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Storment felt like Femara/Letrozole was best for me since I have PCOS. I responded well each cycle having one dominant follicle more than 20mm. My husband's sperm counts/motility/morphology were all high and good. No male factor issues.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
The nursing staff is very friendly, knowledgeable, and compassionate. I always feel like they care about me and getting us pregnant. They always answer any questions I may have.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Front office staff, ultrasound tech, phlebotomist, nurses, assistants and doctors are all caring and knowledgeable. I never feel like just a number to them. I feel at home at this clinic. Appointments are easy to make and/or change. Everyone is respectful and friendly. I haven't found any weaknesses in their system or with the people who work there. The only issue I've had is with some of the pricing of services. However, I know this is the case with MOST fertility clinics and it's an absolute shame that most insurance plans do not cover fertility treatments. I have to pay for everything out of pocket. Our first IVF including retrieval and transfer, with PGS testing and medications is going to cost us about $23,000. I personally feel like this should be lower. Nationwide. Not just at this clinic. One wonderful thing this clinic does offer is The Gift of Hope program. They chose one applicant each year to receive a free IVF treatment. Another wonderful thing they do is they participate in the Baby Steps/Sarah's Laughter foundation and donate grants. We participated in a Baby Steps Walk in 2017 and won a $500 grant for the Fertility Answers clinic. That covered our initial consultation ($350) and my post IUIs follow up appointment ($150) with Dr. Storment where we discussed the next step of IVF.
Initial consultation $350 HSG $600 AMH lab $100 Oral medicated IUIs $1300 each Injectables IUI $1750 Follow up/IVF consult with Dr. $150 Medications were separate, ordered from MDR pharmacy which cost us about $800 for all 3 IUIs. Other lab work cost us a few hundred dollars. Genetic carrier testing was $395. We haven't started IVF yet but will cost us around $23,000.
He was very adamant about only transferring one good quality embryo. He explains the benefits of this and the risks associated with transferring multiple embryos. He did say that if we end up with poor quality embryos, that he and the embryologist would decide if transferring 2 would be best.
Lafayette
I felt very comfortable and at ease as soon as Dr. Chappell began discussing my case. He is very intelligent and did a good job being honest about our chances to conceive with and without medical help. He did so in a way that was not hard but not sugar coating the truth.... Dr. Chappell was the first doctor who really took the time to explain what PCOS is, and how it can be treated. He also suggested glucose testing as most women with PCOS are insulin resistant. He then explained all the different options we can use to get pregnant and why or why not certain treatments would or would not work for us.
I think a strength of the clinic [FertilityAnswers] is they show how much they truly care. I felt very comfortable each time I visited the clinic. The nursing staff is very personable and the receptionist are so friendly. They make visiting the clinic stress free.... The nursing staff was extremely friendly and helpful with any and all questions I had. They took their time in answering all my questions and the made a big effort set up my appointments around my work schedule
How was your experience with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Be confident in knowing Dr Chappell will take care you to the best of his ability.
Dr. Chappell took his time explaining his thoughts and answers. He looked at me and sincerely apologized for my loss when we discussed my miscarriage. It meant a lot that he showed concern and didn’t give the typical doctor response in saying my did what it was suppose to do.
Dr. Chappell was the first doctor who really took the time to explain what PCOS is, and how it can be treated. He also suggested glucose testing as most women with PCOS are insulin resistant. He then explained all the different options we can use to get pregnant and why or why not certain treatments would or would not work for us. We have not begun treatment for IVF yet, because Dr. Chappell encouraged my husband and I to look at all our options and make a decision together. We’ve decided, our next appointment with Dr. Chappell will be about beginning the IVF process.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
The nursing staff was extremely friendly and helpful with any and all questions I had. They took their time in answering all my questions and the made a big effort set up my appointments around my work schedule as best as they could.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
I think a strength of the clinic is they show how much they truly care. I felt very comfortable each time I visited the clinic. The nursing staff is very personable and the receptionist are so friendly. They make visiting the clinic stress free. At this time, I do not know of any weaknesses.
Dr. Chappell suggested to my OBGYN that I see him for a FREE consultation. The receptionist answered all the questions I had for future visits and how payments work. They are very understanding and know how troublesome the expenses can be. They were reassuring and helped to inform me as best they could to help prepare for future costs.
Describe Neil Chappell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fertility Answers.
I have not discussed with Dr. Chappell yet.
Treated 2015 - 2019
Although we are still early in our treatment, Dr. Conway has been nothing but compassionate and enthusiastic about our plan to conceive. I truly feel she has nothing but to make every couples dream come true!... Started out with a consultation, then did a preconception lab. Next was Insulin resistance lab work and was put on metformin. Sperm analysis was done as well.
The staff [at Fertility Answers- Lafayette] is extremely polite and well mannered. Everyone shows the upmost compassion and empathy for you and your particular situation. Also very helpful and informative. It is a Very clean and updated clinic. Everything is also well organized. Clinic is not hard to find or get to in the Lafayette area.... Payment was expected at time of most procedures. But a list of all cost were provided at the initial consultation so you were not blind sided and knew what to expect.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Be engaging with her, the more you open up the more she understands.
Very personable, understanding, compassionate about our case.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
Everyone was very polite and caring.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The staff is extremely polite and well mannered. Everyone shows the upmost compassion and empathy for you and your particular situation. Also very helpful and informative. It is a Very clean and updated clinic. Everything is also well organized. Clinic is not hard to find or get to in the Lafayette area.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Doctor Chappell will call you or message you in the portal in a timely manner as well! He’s very real and kind to us. ... We were always treated like a good friend to him! ... First consult we did blood work and scans found out that my amh was very low! He asked about how many kids we wanted and he told us Which was our best option. ... He was very kind and very personable.
They [FertilityAnswers] are a very good team and they all work together even the front desk. They all help each other out. All very compassionate! Always get an appointment within days and if u need something ASAP they will find a way to get you in! ... We loved everything about this clinic the nurses go above and beyond to answer our questions in the patient portal. They call back in a very timely manner.
How was your experience with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
We loved everything about this clinic the nurses go above and beyond to answer our questions in the patient portal. They call back in a very timely manner. Doctor Chappell will call you or message you in the portal in a timely manner as well! He’s very real and kind to us. Would recommend him to anyone for sure!!
Best doctor i have seen by far!
He was very kind and very personable. We were always treated like a good friend to him! Would recommend him to everyone! Wish all my primary care doctors were as good as he was to us!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
They were wonderful very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
They are a very good team and they all work together even the front desk. They all help each other out. All very compassionate! Always get an appointment within days and if u need something ASAP they will find a way to get you in!
We had some coverage through our insurance. They stuff we didn’t have coverage for was much more reasonable than friends with other doctors in the areas!
We have not discussed that.
Baton Rouge
Dr. Chappell treats us with great care. he takes time to explain, always makes us feel important and lets us know every option. HE makes you feel like you are important to him. And he takes the time to continue to educate himself on the best possible solutions.... Bring Dr. Chappell all of the information available about your journey. He wants to investigate every piece of the puzzle.
The nursing staff [FertilityAnswers] is welcoming, encouraging and informative....The clinics strengths include: they are all informative, the place is clean, up to date. The clinics weaknesses include: the staff knowing what not to say, sometimes they have said a little too much....Cost were high because my insurance does not cover most of it. But consultations and blood works specials were helpful.
How was your experience with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Chappell greets you like a friend. He explains everything fully and takes time to make sure you are okay emotionally and physically. He is willing to call you personally and also helps in whatever way he can.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
The nursing staff is welcoming, encouraging and informative.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr Storment would sit us down and thoroughly explain exactly what was going on, he would draw it out on paper if it was things we didn’t understand. He would email and even be the one to return any calls to answer any question we had. He wanted to make sure we understand exactly what was going on with my husbands body...used a TV to flip through very informative slideshows stopping to throughly explain each one. We never felt uncomfortable and he always made sure we left with the answers we needed and never left feeling hopeless or scared. He talked with my husband about personal hobbies and really wanted to get on a friend level with us. We love him and his team.
We got my husbands “male infertility” diagnosis from Dr Storment [at Fertility Answers]. We did the semen analysis and retrograde SA through him. That was the only things we did before he referred us to a urologist because my husbands problems were caused by kidney and bladder problems...we were greeted with smiles and people that really made us feel better in a not so great situation. His nurse was incredible. She talked to us for a while and explained what he was going to go over and gave me a pen and paper to jot down notes during our consult with Dr Storment.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
From the moment we walked through the doors of Fertility Answers we were greeted with smiles and people that really made us feel better in a not so great situation. His nurse was incredible. She talked to us for a while and explained what he was going to go over and gave me a pen and paper to jot down notes during our consult with Dr Storment. Whenever we met Dr. Storment he invited us into his office and used a TV to flip through very informative slideshows stopping to throughly explain each one. We never felt uncomfortable and he always made sure we left with the answers we needed and never left feeling hopeless or scared. He talked with my husband about personal hobbies and really wanted to get on a friend level with us. We love him and his team.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. It’s obvious we went into our first appointment not knowing anything about infertility or what to expect. He never made us feel bad for having so many questions and was always there and a phone call away for the best answers he could provide!
We got my husbands “male infertility” diagnosis from Dr Storment. We did the semen analysis and retrograde SA through him. That was the only things we did before he referred us to a urologist because my husbands problems were caused by kidney and bladder problems.
No comment
John Storment
Dr. Storment recommended undergoing laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery for a proximally blocked Fallopian tube. ...Dr. Storment is very friendly and met with me individually and answered all of my questions and described everything in great detail.... When I met with him for a follow up appointment, he explained everything in great detail and drew out the diagram of my options including IUI or a laparoscopy.
Scheduling is very easy and if appointments are not easily available they [Fertility Answers are willing to work with you to find us sooner spot through cancellations. I also love that they had the option to do home collection for semen analysis....At the first visit I met with Michelle individually in her own office and she took a photo to associate with my file because many people are so nervous undergoing fertility treatments that they don't realize she is using the wrong chart. I thought this was a great idea and Michelle was always prompt in returning online communications.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I first saw Dr. Storment to receive an HSG. It was quite painful because one of my tubes was blocked but he was very understanding and compassionate and concerned. When I met with him for a follow up appointment, he explained everything in great detail and drew out the diagram of my options including IUI or a laparoscopy. He encouraged me to get the laparoscopy and I'm very glad I did because he found a lot of unknown issues which he fixed.
Learn everything you can before embarking upon fertility treatments. That way Dr. Storment can use your time effectively to explain the more complicated and nuanced processes involved in fertility treatment.
Dr. Storment recommended undergoing laparoscopic and hysteroscopic surgery for a proximally blocked Fallopian tube. The surgery did indeed find polyps and scar tissue blocking the tube as well as endometriosis and scar tissue in the abdominal cavity, all of which he removed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Michelle)
At the first visit I met with Michelle individually in her own office and she took a photo to associate with my file because many people are so nervous undergoing fertility treatments that they don't realize she is using the wrong chart. I thought this was a great idea and Michelle was always prompt in returning online communications. Michelle was frequently in my doctor's appointment with Dr. Storment so that everyone was on the same page.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Scheduling is very easy and if appointments are not easily available they are willing to work with you to find us sooner spot through cancellations. I also love that they had the option to do home collection for semen analysis.
The fee for an initial consult is around $350 and if you use them for IUI treatment or IVF treatments that money goes towards the balance. For my laparoscopy and hysteroscopy after 90% co-pay on insurance I only owed $150. My HSG was $350.
Baton Rouge

He [Dr. Storment] as a doctor and a communicator is second to none. He is very knowledgeable. He is easy to talk to. Nonjudgemental. Professional. Considerate. Great bedside manner. He is extremely caring and comes across truly hopeful for your success in growing your family not just his statistics...You only see Stormant at the initial visit, egg retrieval, and transfer. I saw him one other tome when I had questions about PGS.
There were two nurses Frieda and Suzanne that were knowledgeable. There was also one nurse a Amy who clearly did not know the process well & could never answer my questions...The clinic [FertilityAnswers] operates most clinics. No surprises. ...Be prepared to be on meds longer than anticipated due to their schedule.... transfers in Baton Rouge some months...$1500 initial labs $364 mock transfer
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
He as a doctor and a communicator is second to none. He is very knowledgeable. He is easy to talk to. Nonjudgemental. Professional. Considerate. Great bedside manner. He is extremely caring and comes across truly hopeful for your success in growing your family not just his statistics.
Your cycle is completely based on their schedule
I was put on a small dose of meds due to my history of ovarian torsion and overstimulation. I wasn’t happy with my results if only 4 eggs and one embryo when we started with 11 follicles but Dr Stormant seems confident that we will have success. We opted for a freeze all cycle due to my history of overstimulation. I am awaiting my FET and will be on meds for 41 days while awaiting the Lafayette transfer day.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
There were two nurses Frieda and Suzanne that were knowledgeable. There was also one nurse a Amy who clearly did not know the process well & could never answer my questions l. I have a Masters in Nursing so I know appropriate responses vs just trying to get by.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Nothing really needs to be said. The clinic operates most clinics. No surprises. There is no reals pros on cons that need to be mentioned. You go in, get labs drawn first, ultrasound second, then see the nurse. You only see Stormant at the initial visit, egg retrieval, and transfer. I saw him one other tome when I had questions about PGS.
$1500 initial labs $364 mock transfer $4000 meds $2600 labs $400 lawyer consents $3250 MD $1500 egg retrieval $400 anesthesia That’s all we have paid so far
Cannot comment on this as we only made one embryo
Treated 2017 - 2018
Very easy to talk to, you can tell she [Dr. Conway] loves what she does. As a patient I feel like she's doing what is best for my partner and I. Explained everything very well and made sure we knew what we are getting into.... For IUI I used metronome, 2.5mg ×2 For 5 nights and 200mg progesterone suppositories after all IUI's. I had a trigger shot of pregnyl and had 1ml. 24-36 hours before IUI was done. I responded well to medicine and my follicles were a great size, but all IUI's were unsuccessfull.
Strengths would probably be the nurses, ultrasound team is awesome and knowledge of doctors. Weaknesses, I feel are that the doctor isn't always there [Fertility Answers] if it's not there day at the clinic even thought they try. They can't be in Baton Rogue and Lafayette at the same time. Also only doing transfers and retrevials certain times during a one month period.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Very easy to talk to, you can tell she loves what she does. As a patient I feel like she's doing what is best for my partner and I. Explained everything very well and made sure we knew what we are getting into.
Ask any questions don't be afraid your asking a silly question, they have heard it almost all before.
Being forced into such a small window to retrieve and to transfer works off of what's easiest for the hospital/clinic. Not what works best for the patient in my opinion. Other smaller clinics don't do it this way from my understanding.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
Nurses were nice. I can't say I have any complaints. They've explained everything thus far and always call back the same day if I have a request or question.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Strengths would probably be the nurses, ultrasound team is awesome and knowledge of doctors. Weaknesses, I feel are that the doctor isn't always there if it's not there day at the clinic even thought they try. They can't be in Baton Rogue and Lafayette at the same time. Also only doing transfers and retrevials certain times during a one month period. Not sure that it's like this at other clinics, but when getting in this process I wish it wasn't pushed back 2 months at a time if something happens. People going through infertility I feel have waited a long time through saving and patience and I feel time of is the essence but what the clinic offers isn't week to week unfortunately.
Prescreening lab(f) 500 Prescreening labs (m) 300 Semen analysis 150 Follicular studies and hormone studies 2,500 Stim start w/pgs 9,650 Medication 2,700 Legal counseling 400 Anesthesia 525
Dr. Conway is pro single embryo fransfer. Even more so if they are PGS tested.
Baton Rouge
Dr. Storment does seem compassionate, but moreover, he seems really busy. He doesn't have a lot of time to spend with patients but he does seem to truly love what he does. He is easy to talk to, but he seems rushed most of the time. He is gentle and explains what is going to happen beforehand... During most visits, I did not see the doctor unless I specifically asked. Each time I went to the clinic, I saw new or different staff members working. The IUI was not done by the doctor I had been working with
The clinic [Fertility Answers-Baton Rouge] looks nice and clean and modern. The front desk staff are friendly, although the day of my trigger shot, they did not let the nurses know I was waiting so I sat 1 hour past my "appointment" time. This made me question how organized they are and how well they communicate. The music in the lobby was calming. The bad thing about the clinic is how expensive it is (all out of pocket), and how busy they are. It feels like the treatment approach is cookie-cutter and not tailored to an individual patient. There was no effort into finding out the reason for my infertility, just treating it.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
It doesn't matter how much of a relationship you form with him because he may or may not even be at your procedure appointment. Make sure to come prepared with a lot of questions and don't be afraid to take the time to ask them all.
During most visits, I did not see the doctor unless I specifically asked. Each time I went to the clinic, I saw new or different staff members working. The IUI was not done by the doctor I had been working with.
Treatment started with bloodwork, then Letrazole pills, then more bloodwork. Once the bloodwork #s looked like ovulation was near, I was given a trigger shot and scheduled for an IUI procedure the next day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Melissa)
I saw different staff members on each visit. The lady doing the ultrasounds was the same each time, and she was friendly but had a difficult time seeing my ovaries, which made it uncomfortable. The lab tech was gentle and compassionate about how nervous I get during bloodwork. The care coordinator was just very busy. She wrote out the protocol for my treatment on a calendar, but it was still difficult for me to decipher what should be done and when.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic looks nice and clean and modern. The front desk staff are friendly, although the day of my trigger shot, they did not let the nurses know I was waiting so I sat 1 hour past my "appointment" time. This made me question how organized they are and how well they communicate. The music in the lobby was calming. The bad thing about the clinic is how expensive it is (all out of pocket), and how busy they are. It feels like the treatment approach is cookie-cutter and not tailored to an individual patient. There was no effort into finding out the reason for my infertility, just treating it.
$1500 plus medications
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
I was told to show up at a specific time for my trigger shot and I was never called into the back from the lobby. I had to remind the front desk receptionist that I was waiting and then the nurse informed me that she had no idea. Also, the package that I paid for was supposed to include lab work, but I still received a bill from the lab. The office was quick to address that issue in only 1 call.
Treated 2016 - 2018
Suzanne [a nurse at Fertility Answers] is nothing short of perfect. I honestly do think she has photographic memory or simply the memory of a superhuman, because I do think she remembers every detail of my case. I trust her completely. The rest of the nursing staff is also wonderful. The only concern that I've had was a bit of turnover for a while, but then again, few people have been there for as long as I have. Also, I do wish they would be a bit more accessible over the weekend.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Storment's strengths are that he 1) treats you like a person, 2) is almost always at your appointments, 3) is able to sympathize with you when you get bad news (I often feel that doctors go through this so much, that they forget that the news is personal to the patients), and 4) is willing to adjust protocol and listen to your input on next steps. It's tough for me to come up with weaknesses - I have not had a successful pregnancy yet, but I do think that we will get there. If I had to come up with one, my worry would be that because we are in Louisiana, and there are so few infertility doctors, that Dr. Storment might have limited interaction with other doctors, which in turn might impact how up to date he is on cutting edge practices. That being said, I do know that he has reached out to many doctors for their advice on my case, and we are using some new techniques/practices, so it is likely only my worry of doing IVF in Louisiana that is the problem, and he is actually on the cutting edge.
As with any doctor, you are one of many patients, and they cannot always remember every little thing about your case. Therefore, be your own advocate - remind them of things - don't take their instructions and run with them without asking questions to make sure that they have kept in mind all of your nuances. Nobody is more familiar with your case than you.
Dr. Storment has always treated me like family. I have had 5 egg retrievals with him, 1 of which resulted in no blastocysts (therefore no embryos to send off for PGS testing) and 1 of which after sending the blastocysts off, they all came back aneuploid. He has always been the one to call me with my PGS results and when the news was bad, he made sure to make time to talk through options and gave me his personal cell number to call him with questions. I went to a different clinic in Chicago prior to this one, and there, I always felt like a number. With Dr. Storment, even though I'm a difficult case, I do feel like he will figure out a way for me to have a family and he is personally focused on it.
In my first cycle, I did a timed intercourse cycle, with Femara. This was the protocol I'd used with my previous doctor and had gotten pregnant twice with it (both ended in miscarriage). Dr. Storment said he would follow that same protocol, if I was happy with it, which I was. It again resulted in a miscarriage, so we moved on to IVF. The first round of IVF, we started with low doses of Menopur (75IU) and Gonal F (started at 150u and eventually increased to 350u)(because I had a high AMH and was expected to be a fast responder) with an ovidrel trigger. I ended up not responding well, and had only 6 eggs retrieved, 2 made it to blast, and none were euploid. My 2nd IVF, we did 150u of Menopur and 450u of Gonal F, with Ovidrel trigger - results were 16 eggs retrieved, 3 blasts, 1 euploid. 3rd IVF, we used the same protocol as the 2nd, had 30 eggs retrieved, but none of them made it to blasts. Therefore, we waited 3 months before our 4th egg retrieval and both my husband and I took supplements (Me: CoQ10, DHEA, Myoinositol, Melatonin; Him: Vitamin D & E). After 3 months of supplements, we did the 4th retrieval, starting off with 450u of Gonal F and 150u of Menopur, but I responded much faster, and we ultimately dropped to 150u of Gonal F and 75u of Menopur - this cycle resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, 4 blasts, and 1 euploid. The 5th retrieval, we used the same protocol as round 4, resulting in 28 eggs retrieved, 5 blasts, and 1 more euploid. Once we got our last euploid embryo (3 in total), we moved on to FET's. We have had 2 attempts at an FET, thus far, but due to poor lining response, we have cancelled both. We did turn the 2nd FET attempt into and ERA cycle, which showed I was 12 hours pre-receptive, so our next attempt, we will adjust accordingly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fertility Answers. (Assigned nurse: Suzanne)
Suzanne is nothing short of perfect. I honestly do think she has photographic memory or simply the memory of a superhuman, because I do think she remembers every detail of my case. I trust her completely. The rest of the nursing staff is also wonderful. The only concern that I've had was a bit of turnover for a while, but then again, few people have been there for as long as I have. Also, I do wish they would be a bit more accessible over the weekend.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic does a great job of treating you like a person. Everyone is super friendly and do what they can to accommodate you. The only thing I would suggest is that they be more accessible over the weekend.
IVF with PGS (excluding meds) was approximately $16,000. An FET is approximately $5,000.
Because I am doing PGS, I completely agree that we should only transfer one embryo. I do not want the risk of carrying multiples.
Baton Rouge
He [Dr. Neil Chappell] has great bedside manner and is an excellent listener... truly has a passion for what he does and wants to make sure that you are well informed...he did go over our options in detail. He explained to us what our labs were and how to go forward to get the best results. He told us that IUI is a good option for us, but that we are great candidates for IVF... When going through testing to find out why we had lost two babies and have had a hard time conceiving, he took the time to really investigate our issues to find the root issue. He is that doctor that will take a few minutes to first connect with you on a personal level before discussing the tougher issues.
Dr. Chappell [at Fertility Answers] has an initial $250 consultation fee. When we got our workup with him, the office gave us a handout of the general fees for IUI and IVF including labs, meds, etc to give us an idea of our fees if we chose to go forward...We have yet to find any weaknesses with Dr. Chappell's office. We have always had an easy time getting an appointment with him and have never had a bad experience at his office. The office is located in the new Woman's Hospital so the offices are all new and state of the art. Fertility Answers is truly group of wonderful people who pride themselves on helping others.
How was your experience with Neil Chappell at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Neil Chappell is a wonderful doctor! He has great bedside manner and is an excellent listener. When we first met him, he was a fellow under our doctor at Baylor in Houston and we immediately knew that he was a good fit for our fertility issues. Our RE in Houston knew that Dr. Chappell would be moving to Baton Rouge soon (which is where we live also) so he released our care to Dr. Chappell. We can say with certainty that that was a blessing because Dr. Chappell is such an amazing doctor.
The best advice we can give is for them to be open and make sure to ask questions, no matter how silly they seem. Dr. Chappell truly has a passion for what he does and wants to make sure that you are well informed.
Dr. Chappell is one of the kindest and most personable doctors that we have ever known. When going through testing to find out why we had lost two babies and have had a hard time conceiving, he took the time to really investigate our issues to find the root issue. He is that doctor that will take a few minutes to first connect with you on a personal level before discussing the tougher issues.
We have not started any protocols with Dr. Chappell yet, but he did go over our options in detail. He explained to us what our labs were and how to go forward to get the best results. He told us that IUI is a good option for us, but that we are great candidates for IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
From the nursing staff to the front office staff, everyone was so pleasant and seemed happy to be there. We have dealt with several ladies when there and each one spent time making sure our questions were answered.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Dr. Chappell has an initial $250 consultation fee. When we got our workup with him, the office gave us a handout of the general fees for IUI and IVF including labs, meds, etc to give us an idea of our fees if we chose to go forward.
Baton Rouge
I started with Metformin [with Dr. John Stoment] and got pregnant 2 months later. I ended up having a miscarriage. It was thought that I had an immature egg that fertilized. Timed intercourse was recommended next, but we were not ready to spend the money yet, so we just tried naturally for another 8 months. Next we did timed inter ride with letrazole. It was unsuccessful. We are now waiting to see if we want to try timed intercourses again or do an IUI.
The staff [at Fertility Answers- Baton Rouge] is great! I love the ultrasound tech. She’s so sweet and compassionate. My ovaries are hard to find, so she always takes special care to make sure I’m comfortable. The clinic is nice and very clean. It’s a very pleasant atmosphere. They have a lot of resources displayed with support groups and pamphlets, which is good.... I worked with two nurses. Overall they were great and compassionate. However one of the nurses in one situation moved too fast when going over treatment protocol. There were some things she assumed I already knew, so it made it confusing. Eventually I understood, but I wish she would have taken more time to explain things from the beginning.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I would highly recommend Dr. Storment! He’s very knowledgeable and takes the time to know your story. He explains treatment in a way that’s easy to understand. He was always compassionate and really has a desire to help couples start families. He had great bed aide manner and could be very humorous.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions if you don’t understand.
He took the time to make sure I understood everything that was going on. He gave great analogies to make sure I understood.
I started with Metformin and got pregnant 2 months later. I ended up having a miscarriage. It was thought that I had an immature egg that fertilized. Timed intercourse was recommended next, but we were not ready to spend the money yet, so we just tried naturally for another 8 months. Next we did timed inter ride with letrazole. It was unsuccessful. We are now waiting to see if we want to try timed intercourses again or do an IUI.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The staff is great! I love the ultrasound tech. She’s so sweet and compassionate. My ovaries are hard to find, so she always takes special care to make sure I’m comfortable. The clinic is nice and very clean. It’s a very pleasant atmosphere. They have a lot of resources displayed with support groups and pamphlets, which is good.
$500 sperm Analysis $1,300 for timed intercourse (includes medicine, appointments, and ultrasound).
Treated 2016 - 2018
IVF with PGS (excluding meds) was approximately $16,000 [at Fertility Answers]. An FET is approximately $5,000...The clinic does a great job of treating you like a person. Everyone is super friendly and does what they can to accommodate you. The only thing I would suggest is that they be more accessible over the weekend...Suzanne [nurse] is nothing short of perfect. I honestly do think she has photographic memory or simply the memory of a superhuman, because I do think she remembers every detail of my case. I trust her completely. The rest of the nursing staff is also wonderful. The only concern that I've had was a bit of turnover for a while, but then again, few people have been there for as long as I have. Also, I do wish they would be a bit more accessible over the weekend.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Storment's strengths are that he 1) treats you like a person, 2) is almost always at your appointments, 3) is able to sympathize with you when you get bad news (I often feel that doctors go through this so much, that they forget that the news is personal to the patients), and 4) is willing to adjust protocol and listen to your input on next steps. It's tough for me to come up with weaknesses. Initially, I was concerned that because we are in Louisiana, and there are so few infertility doctors, that Dr. Storment might have limited interaction with other doctors, which in turn might impact how up to date he is on cutting edge practices. In actuality, Dr. Storment often reached out to many doctors for their advice on my case, and we ended up using some new techniques/practices, so he won my confidence. I'm currently 26 weeks pregnant, so pretty close to holding my baby in my arms!
In my first cycle, I did a timed intercourse cycle, with Femara. This was the protocol I'd used with my previous doctor and had gotten pregnant twice with it (both ended in miscarriage). Dr. Storment said he would follow that same protocol, if I was happy with it, which I was. It again resulted in a miscarriage, so we moved on to IVF. The first round of IVF, we started with low doses of Menopur (75IU) and Gonal F (started at 150u and eventually increased to 350u)(because I had a high AMH and was expected to be a fast responder) with an ovidrel trigger. I ended up not responding well, and had only 6 eggs retrieved, 2 made it to blast, and none were euploid. My 2nd IVF, we did 150u of Menopur and 450u of Gonal F, with Ovidrel trigger - results were 16 eggs retrieved, 3 blasts, 1 euploid. 3rd IVF, we used the same protocol as the 2nd, had 30 eggs retrieved, but none of them made it to blasts. Therefore, we waited 3 months before our 4th egg retrieval and both my husband and I took supplements (Me: CoQ10, DHEA, Myoinositol, Melatonin; Him: Vitamin D & E). After 3 months of supplements, we did the 4th retrieval, starting off with 450u of Gonal F and 150u of Menopur, but I responded much faster, and we ultimately dropped to 150u of Gonal F and 75u of Menopur - this cycle resulted in 10 eggs retrieved, 4 blasts, and 1 euploid. The 5th retrieval, we used the same protocol as round 4, resulting in 28 eggs retrieved, 5 blasts, and 1 more euploid. Once we got our last euploid embryo (3 in total), we moved on to FET's. Our first 2 attempts at an FET were cancelled due to poor lining response. We did turn the 2nd FET attempt into and ERA cycle, which showed I was 12 hours pre-receptive. Therefore, on our next FET attempt, we added 12 more hours of progesterone before transferring and I am now 26 weeks pregnant!
Treated 2017 - 2018
Dr. Conway is exceptional. She’s knowledgeable, and takes time to explain your individual situation, and set expectations for the outcome based on what is known at the time.... Once we received the call explaining that only 2 of the 4 fertilized, I immediately requested that Dr. Conway call me to discuss switching from a frozen transfer with PGS testing tk a fresh transfer with no PGS testing. Dr. Conway called me back within an hour
Nursing staff [Fertility Answers] was always helpful. The only time I had an issue was when I was provided the wrong fee schedule, and no one realized it until after my loan had been processed.... Strengths: communication, time spent with patients, available for questions, portal is convenient for records & communication as well, although most of the communication is through the nurses & IVF coordinator, Dr. Conway was always available when I did need to speak with her.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Conway is exceptional. She’s knowledgeable, and takes time to explain your individual situation, and set expectations for the outcome based on what is known at the time. Dr. Conway had higher expectations set for me based on mine and my husband’s Unknown diagnosis. I had a great response to the medications prescribed, and a great number of Follicles. When it came time for egg retrieval however, only 8 of my follicles were the right size, and only 4 of them resulted in mature eggs, so now we believe our Unexplained infertility is due to Immature Eggs. Once we received the call explaining that only 2 of the 4 fertilized, I immediately requested that Dr. Conway call me to discuss switching from a frozen transfer with PGS testing tk a fresh transfer with no PGS testing. Dr. Conway called me back within an hour, and we discussed everything, and she agreed that in this scenario, it would be much better to do the fresh transfer without the testing. She left me feeling very confident that even though my numbers weren’t what we were expecting, we could still have a successful pregnancy. We are currently in the two-week-wait from that transfer. Dr. Conway has helped me feel less stressed by providing me as much information as I could possibly want, when I want it.
Dr. Conway is encouraging, and also realistic. She does not give false hope. I would say her bedside manner is “just warm enough”. I tend to value knowledge and information over a warm bedside manner though, and I would say Dr. Conway is a great fit for that.
I was treated like a human. Each time I needed additional info or more time with nurses, I was given exactly what I needed. They were always available to answer any questions I had.
My protocol included birth control for 3 weeks, then injections as follows: Menopur 75 IU and Follistim 150 IU for 9 days, with the last three days including ganirelix 75IU. My dosage never changes because I was responding very consistently. Dr. Conway ALWAYS values quality over quantity. The goal was to get as many eggs as possible, and my follicles grew exactly as she needed them to (prior to egg retrieval). At egg retrieval, a different doctor performed the retrieval, and only retrieved 8 eggs, and only 4 were mature, and only 2 fertilized, and only 1 survived to day 5 and was transferred. Once we decided to switch from a frozen transfer to a fresh transfer, I began taking Estrace twice daily, progesterone injections once daily, baby aspirin once daily, and a prenatal vitamin (which I had already been on for several months) once daily.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
Nursing staff was always helpful. The only time I had an issue was when I was provided the wrong fee schedule, and no one realized it until after my loan had been processed. Fortunately, my loan company was very easy to work with, and I was able to change my loan to accommodate my updated fee schedule. Otherwise, the nursing staff was absolutely amazing.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Strengths: communication, time spent with patients, available for questions, portal is convenient for records & communication as well, although most of the communication is through the nurses & IVF coordinator, Dr. Conway was always available when I did need to speak with her. Weaknesses: none really to note
There was a $250 consultation fee, but all other costs were provided to me on a fee schedule. Those costs included any pre-screening that needed to be done for me and for my husband.
My husband and I wanted to transfer two embryos initially. Dr. Conway believes in transferring ONE embryo, almost always. She is a strong advocate for the baby, and wants the healthiest outcome possible for the baby, so once she explained this to us, we agreed that if we had multiple embryos to choose from, we should just transfer one.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fertility Answers.
The one thing that was done incorrectly at this clinic was when I was provided the Fee Schedule. This clinic operates in Baton Rouge, LA as well as Lafayette, LA. For the particular month of my egg retrieval, I should’ve received the fee schedule for the services in Lafayette, but I received Baton Rouge’s fee schedule by mistake. The frustrating part was that no one caught this until payments were due and I didn’t understand the fees due.
Baton Rouge
She [Dr. Conway] was very straight forward and blunt about the facts of infertility, which I appreciated... I was looking for answers and a sense of understanding, which I didn't get from the previous doctor. Upon our first meeting, I could tell she was a straight shooter so to speak. She presented the facts and laid out my options. I agreed on the path forward and things moved quickly. During the IUI, there was an issue with the catheter
Staff [at Fertility Answers] is very professional, but on the day of the IUI I kinda felt like a number. I understand there is a time sensitivity to the procedure and it was awkward, but felt a little bit robotic...When your name was called the nurse or staff member was ready to do their job. All were polite and ready to help. I have no weaknesses to mention...$1200 IUI procedure including ultrasounds and bloodwork.
How was your experience with Susan Conway at Fertility Answers?
I had received the diagnosis of unexplained infertility by another doctor and went to Dr Conway for a consult. I was looking for answers and a sense of understanding, which I didn't get from the previous doctor. Upon our first meeting, I could tell she was a straight shooter so to speak. She presented the facts and laid out my options. I agreed on the path forward and things moved quickly. During the IUI, there was an issue with the catheter so she smartly remembered I got an HSG done so she asked the nurse to pull it up to help her navigate the catheter. She kept asking me how I was doing and explaining her steps. I like to understand what's going on (not everyone likes that).
She will throw a lot of information at you, but don't be intimated. She it's very down to earth.
She was very straight forward and blunt about the facts of infertility, which I appreciated. All the staff were very polite and helpful.
With Dr Conway, she suggested an IUI with estrogen and an injection trigger shot and progestrone.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
Wish it was closer to where I live. I have to drive little over an hour to the clinic. Staff is very professional, but on the day of the IUI I kinda felt like a number. I understand there is a time sensitivity to the procedure and it was awkward, but felt a little bit robotic.
$1200 IUI procedure including ultrasounds and bloodwork.
Treated 2013 - 2018
Dr. Storment was incredible. Our first visit was after 8 months of ttc. He told us that most couples do not get referred until at least 1 year of ttc, but for our specific circumstances, he was so happy we were there. Over five years later, we have many personal reasons to delay fertility treatments (endometriosis, loss of my dad, our home flooding, etc), but every time we see Dr. Storment, he encourages us and gives us hope.
The clinic [FertilityAnswers] is busy so be prepared that it may take a few months to schedule your first appointment. I do not have any complaints or reservations about the clinic, as I have always had a positive experience.... The nursing staff were always kind, willing to explain and answer questions, and quick to return phone calls. The ultrasound tech is the absolute sweetest... My husband and I both love Dr. John Storment. Every visit we left the Fertility Answers clinic with hope and excitement. We love his humor, warm personality, and honesty about our journey. Dr. Storment has encouraged us through the years to not give up.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
My husband and I both love Dr. John Storment. Every visit we left the Fertility Answers clinic with hope and excitement. We love his humor, warm personality, and honesty about our journey. Dr. Storment has encouraged us through the years to not give up. I cannot explain how defeated we have felt and he has always given us hope. That is invaluable to us.
Be prepared to try different treatments and research the costs involved. No matter how long it takes, don't lose heart.
I do not remember the details or specifics of the treatment strategies with Dr. Storment.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic is busy so be prepared that it may take a few months to schedule your first appointment. I do not have any complaints or reservations about the clinic, as I have always had a positive experience.
The costs of treatment were out of pocket, I do not remember the exact cost per treatment.
Lafayette

Dr. Storment is truly great. We went in with believing that I was okay reproductively and our infertility was due to male factor infertility. However, when my husband’s issues resolved, we discovered I was in menopause and POF. Our only option is donor eggs or embryo donation. He was very respectful and to the point about the issues....My husband repeated multiple sperm analysis due to his low count, motility, and poor morphology. His analysis eventually looked promising for IUI after FertilAid, antibiotics, and antioxidants for a couple of months.
The clinic [FertilityAnswers] is very timely and efficient. They were quick to respond to phone calls, questions, and concerns. I felt very welcomed and like my voice was heard there. I also felt compassion from everyone after my unexpected diagnosis....Dr. Storment is truly great. We went in with believing that I was okay reproductively and our infertility was due to male factor infertility. However, when my husband’s issues resolved, we discovered I was in menopause and POF.
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
Dr. Storment is truly great. We went in with believing that I was okay reproductively and our infertility was due to male factor infertility. However, when my husband’s issues resolved, we discovered I was in menopause and POF. Our only option is donor eggs or embryo donation. He was very respectful and to the point about the issues. We appreciated that.
To expect that he will tell you what you are facing truthfully and how to find a solution.
He took time with us and showed compassion with our infertility diagnosis.
My husband repeated multiple sperm analysis due to his low count, motility, and poor morphology. His analysis eventually looked promising for IUI after FertilAid, antibiotics, and antioxidants for a couple of months. I then had a HSG, which was normal. My periods stopped x2 months, so my FSH was drawn. It was 75 at 26 years old. Dr. Storment ordered another FSH and an AMH level. My FSH was then 86 and my AMH almost nonexistent. We were then told invitro was not an option, but donor eggs and embryo adoption was.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fertility Answers.
They were all very professional, knowledgeable, and timely. I have no complaints.
Describe your experience with Fertility Answers.
The clinic is very timely and efficient. They were quick to respond to phone calls, questions, and concerns. I felt very welcomed and like my voice was heard there. I also felt compassion from everyone after my unexpected diagnosis.
I can’t remember specifics at this time. I believe all cost we’re around $1,500.
Not applicable
Lafayette
Dr. Storment has a good sense of humor, is nice and accommodating, wants to make sure you understand everything, and made feel like my wife was being really well taken care of since he cared so much that her family understood everything.... He explained everything in great detail in the preop appointment for my wife's surgery. After he performed the surgery he came to me to explain everything and encouraged me to record everything for my wife and drew a detailed diagram of everything he had accomplished during the surgery.
Fertility answers offers the option to collect a sample at home in a condom for semen analysis which provides for much more comfortable collection. Appointments are always seen on time with a little waiting.... The semen analysis was a little more than $100. My wife's laparoscopy and hysteroscopy was $150 co-pay after 90% insurance. The HSG was $350. The initial consult was $350 but that can be used towards other treatments like IUI or IVF
How was your experience with John Storment at Fertility Answers?
I really appreciated that Dr. Storment's office allowed at home collection for the semen analysis. He explained everything in great detail in the preop appointment for my wife's surgery. After he performed the surgery he came to me to explain everything and encouraged me to record everything for my wife and drew a detailed diagram of everything he had accomplished during the surgery.
My wife had a laparoscopy and Hysteroscopy after her HSG showed tubal blockage. He was the one who suggested this procedure and lots of problems were found during the procedure so I'm glad he recommended it.
During my wife's HSG the nurse didn't have the monitor turned on correctly at first but it was obviously an honest mistake and she and Dr. Storment were very concerned and took care of my wife very well.