6.5

Weston, FL 33326
954.217.3456

1 patient review filtered by:

2019, 15 Eggs Frozen
I started with one month of birth control and as soon as i finished i came in for my first ultrasound [with Dr. Selub]. I started injections a few days later but only for 10 days. I took 75IU twice a day for 10 days followed the trigger shot. 36 hours later I had the retrieval. I've done this 3 times now...every retrieval has resulted in less eggs each time I've done it...I speak more with her assistant who does not have a medical background...
One cycle didn't work [at First IVF] - from what I understood, although it wasn't explained to me...The clinic is small but cozy. It seems to be a very small staff and I get the impression that the one coordinator there could be overwhelmed. She seems to run the office in terms of operations, lab work and results, instructions, appointments and notes. I feel like that's a lot for one person to keep all together. She does seem to forget my specific case once in a while and she also has sent me to do unnecessary lab tests that are not covered by my insurance.
How was your experience with Minna Selub at First IVF?
She's soft spoken and I only had one sit down conversation with her at the beginning of this whole process. Ever since I don't really know what's going on. Her assistant communicates with me in terms of lab tests and instructions. I don't really know what questions to ask. They are both nice and seem to have a lot of experience but every retrieval has resulted in less eggs each time I've done it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Minna Selub at First IVF?
Ask about having and IUD and what your blood tests mean.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Minna Selub at First IVF?
I speak more with her assistant who does not have a medical background, however she is pretty responsive and both are very nice.
Describe the protocols Minna Selub used in your cycles at First IVF and their degree of success.
I started with one month of birth control and as soon as i finished i came in for my first ultrasound. I started injections a few days later but only for 10 days. I took 75IU twice a day for 10 days followed the trigger shot. 36 hours later I had the retrieval. I've done this 3 times now.
Describe your experience with your nurse at First IVF. (Assigned nurse: Debbie Carmichael)
She's very responsive but sometimes I don't trust her answers since I don't think she has a medial background.
Describe your experience with First IVF.
Decent location to get to with decent parking. The clinic is small but cozy. It seems to be a very small staff and I get the impression that the one coordinator there could be overwhelmed. She seems to run the office in terms of operations, lab work and results, instructions, appointments and notes. I feel like that's a lot for one person to keep all together. She does seem to forget my specific case once in a while and she also has sent me to do unnecessary lab tests that are not covered by my insurance.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Minna Selub at First IVF.
Around $5000 for the first round and after around $4000
Describe Minna Selub's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at First IVF.
What specific things went wrong at First IVF?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at First IVF.
One cycle didn't work - from what I understood, although it wasn't explained to me. On the day of retrieval, they took a urine sample and it came back "negative". I wasn't sure what it meant but I interpreted it as that the trigger shot didn't work. The coordinator mixed the powder for me in the clinic 26 hours before and she did it very quickly. When I mix my medication, I make sure that it's properly mixed and that I get every last drop. I injected the trigger shot exactly when I was told, yet something went wrong and i got no eggs that day. I know many things can go wrong but i thought it was strange that the one thing I didn't have control over seem to be the issue.
Minna Selub