Genetic counseling: Offered
727-796-7705
4728 N Habana Avenue
Tampa, FL 33614
813-993-9166
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Florida Fertility Institute to a friend?

2 doctors
Everyone at the clinic [Florida Fertility Institute] was always were friendly and professional. They answered patiently every single question we had, sometimes more than once. They worked with us in regards to insurance and payment issues. The wait time was at times longer than expected but the office is at least a comfortable environment to wait...very friendly, attentive, and genuinely seemed to care about our best interests.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Everyone at the clinic was always were friendly and professional. They answered patiently every single question we had, sometimes more than once. They worked with us in regards to insurance and payment issues. The wait time was at times longer than expected but the office is at least a comfortable environment to wait.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Everyone on the staff were very friendly, attentive, and genuinely seemed to care about our best interests.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Charlie)
Charlie was with us every step of the way over the year and half we actively went through treatment. She has cried (tears of sadness, frustration, and joy) with us.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez was up front and honest about all our testing and treatments. He has a good sense of humor keeping the visits light but still in a professional manner. I would recommend him to anyone looking for infertility treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
He will tell you how it is, good or bad, so you need to be prepared for the truth.
Describe the protocols Mark Sanchez used in your cycles at Florida Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
My first round was the minimum dosage. We ended up with 2 embryos, did a fresh transfer, got a positive, but ended in chemical pregnancy. The second round my meds were doubled. We ended up with 3 embryos and froze all. The next 2 transfers ended up negative. Dr. Sanchez recommended a blood panel and Endometrial Receptivity Assay (ERA). The ERA told us that I was one of 20% of women who had a pre-receptive lining and we should be transferring the embryos 2 days later. My third egg retrieval we ended up with 5 embryos. The ERA was correct and I am now 8 weeks pregnant, saw the heartbeat last week 😁!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute.
Our first round was covered with the exception of about $5000. Our second and third were not and were roughly 15,000 each (including 4 embryo transfers).
Describe Mark Sanchez's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Fertility Institute.
We were given a choice to transfer 1 or 2. There was no pressure either way.
Clearwater

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute.

The clinic [Florida Fertility Institute] is very disorganized...I don't recall any special treatment strategies other than my high amount of stimulation drugs. The results were I was overstimulated. I ended up in the hospital with OHSS with low ovarian reserve (which should never happen) I had 10 follicles with 10 eggs at retrieval. 2 were immature, 2 died, 6 were fertilized naturally. 3 grew into embryos and only 1 made it to 5 day but was not able to be PGS tested even though we paid for it in advance.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
strengths: the clinic was close to me. He was highly recommended by my friend and many people in the area know of this clinic. weakness: he doesn't' cater his plan to your individual needs. They are understaffed, running clinical trials, student mentor program, 2 ivf nurses and 2 doctors. The girls at the front desk changed 3 times over the course of time I was there. The office uses paper charts. No one answers the phone in IVF department phone line. You must always leave a message.
We saw the doctor 4 times total for a full IVF egg retrieval and frozen transfer. At the initial consultation, he is very warm and talked about 30 minutes to explain IVF with a student present. The second time I saw the doctor was at egg retrieval with another student present. The third time was after my hospital stay when we requested to meet with him to hear his explanation of what went wrong during my egg retrieval. No student was present. The fourth time we saw Dr Sanchez was for my frozen embryo transfer with yet another student. I didn't notice till after I was done with the clinic that 3 out of 4 times I saw the DR he was always with a different student he was teaching. As if his attention was elsewhere or he found another way to make more money by having different students in his practice all the time. While I was in the hospital for OHSS, he never called my OBGYN. She gave his office her personal cell phone in order to get more information from him so that she could treat me. When we met with Dr. Sanchez after my hospitalization, he told me that my egg retrieval went perfectly and if I had gone to the hospital where he had privileges, then he would have been able to help me. In the very next sentance, he stated that he didn't even know I was in the hospital because he was on vacation. On the paperwork the nurse gave me, nowhere could we find a hospital name or directions of what to do in case of an emergency. I had no idea he didn't have privileges in the hospital I went we drove to at 3:00 am. My husband called his emergency number and I woke his nurse up who told me to take ibuprofen over and over again and didn't have anything else to say. She was so confused when she answered the call as if she took an ambient or a sleeping aid. There are 2 doctors at this practice. It should not matter if a doctor takes a vacation. Your care, especially while hospitalized, should be of concern and priority. While in the hospital his nurse continued to call me about the details of my eggs in the lab. I asked for the doctor to please call and help my general practitioner and OBGYN to treat me. Neither Dr Sanchez or Dr Zabella called either of my doctors or myself while I was in the hospital. I was simply left with tremendous pain and no one in the hospital knew how to take care of me since IVF is a very unique situation. I sat in the hospital for 6 days. I had fluid in my abdomen built all the way up to my diaphragm. I could not go to the bathroom, I could not stand up straight. I could hardly walk. At the end when my 1 and only embryo didn't implant, he didn't bother to call me. His nurse called and told me. His follow up was atrocious! In all my life, I have never been treated so bad as if I didn't matter and was of no use since he already had our money.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Charlie & Andrea)
You can tell they are overworked and disorganized. They do a sit down and explantaion of injections 2-3 weeks before you start. It was just enough time for us to forget. It is very overwhelming. I never received phone calls asking how I was doing during stimulation. How my first shots went, how I was feeling. Looking back now I can see they are simply way too busy. I don't need hand-holding. I paid A LOT of money and simply want to know that they care about me and I am doing everything correct. It's simply nice to know that someone cares. When my husband called the emergency line after my egg retrieval, which is a cell phone the 2 nurses share, the nurse that answered was so out of it. It was 2:30 am. My husband explained I couldn't breathe and fell on the floor trying to go to the bathroom and was in tremendous pain. All she could say was take ibuprofen and come back to the clinic at 7am. I called at 8 am because I was having an allergic reaction to the oral estradiol prescribed and started to break out in hives on my face. I called the IVF desk and left a message since no one answers the phone. It always just rings and rings and then goes to voicemail. It was returned at the end of the day 4:30 pm and she gave me instructions after I had called a couple of pharmacists to find out what to do. I don't know why I wasn't told to take ganirelix during my stimulation? Was my handwritten charts lost, did the nurse not follow up with the Dr. Did the Dr not follow up with the nurse? At my FET, the nurse told me my lining looked great, even better than during my stimulation. I told her I had been going to acupuncture after a friend referred me. She stated that she has seen many girls have great results with acupuncture. WHY wasn't this mentioned to me when I started IVF at their clinic? I mentioned I was taking CoQ10 leading up to the retrieval. The nurse stated that it really didn't matter and I could either continue to take it or not during stimulation. It was my choice. Now I know many studies show that taking this is helpfu for women in my situation with low AMH. Overall they are nice people. But 2 nurses to run IVF, IUI's, and clinical trials for 2 doctors simply isn't enough nursing staff! The nurse to patient ratio is not in favor of the patient.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
He can be very charismatic until your pay $$$. Then you are of no concern to him. I have low ovarian reserve. I didn't do Dr Google or question his course of action. I followed his instructions and the nurses instructions to a tee. I never questioned anything because I trusted that he knew what he was doing and that he had my best interest in mind. Boy was I wrong! They prescribed me birth control for a couple of cycles before stimulation. (now I know birth control suppresses your ovaries and is terrible for people with low ovarian reserve like me). On stimulation day 6, they did my ultrasound and bloodwork and my follicles were not growing as fast as they expected. The nurse called me that afternoon and said that the doctor told me to not come back till Monday which was day 11 of simulation. I was not monitored for 4 days in the middle of stimulation! The nurse told me the Dr established the exact day for my egg retrieval even though my body wasn't responding the way they wanted. Later I found out that's the day he had the anesthesiologist from the hospital in his clinic and he lined up all his retrievals for the same day. Forget what my body said or my timeline. It was what worked best for his timeline and most cost-effective for him. He never told the nurses or me to take any of the ganirelix that was prescribed and I purchased until after I came back on day 11. By that time, little did I know, the damage was done. When I came in on day 11 of stimulation, I was very bloated and complained that my stomach could not be extended anymore. The doctor never saw me. He didn't say anything. He never called. Looking back at my medical records now, my estrogen levels were through the roof on day 11. He doesn't have any of his patients come in after trigger to do blood work to identify your true estrogen level. If mine was high before the trigger, I can only imagine what it was afterwards. I have had other doctors ask me what my estrogen level was after trigger and they were shocked he didn't check my level. After retrieval, I awoke from anesthesia and threw up immediately 2X while still on the table from the pain. He never came back in the room to check on me. I literally left his clinic after egg retrieval hunched over and couldn't stand up straight. He never called me that afternoon to check on me. I went to the hospital for 6 days. He NEVER called. He didn't even care to call other doctors that were calling him asking him how to take care of me and if this was a normal reaction to egg retrieval and what to do. His professional manner was so bad, my OBGYN told me she will never refer another patient to him or his practice again. Dr Sanchez also told us that we didn't need ICSI and that my husband's sperm was great. Out of the 6 eggs I had left on day 2 only 3 had fertilized and I had a 50% fertilization rate. If we had done ICSI, I now know it would have been much higher and I would have had a greater chance at growing more embryos to 5 days. When we met with him after my hospital stay and I was still extremely sore, he asked to examine me. All he did was lay me down on his examining table and press on my lower abdomen and I was in so much pain. His response was like, yeah that's normal. He then smiled and told my husband that it would all be ok because women like me that over stimulate and end up in the hospital always end up pregnant. I left the clinic so upset that he gave my husband this false promise. I knew the odds and with only 1 embryo, they were not in my favor. He also runs a lot of clinical trials out of his office. I saw many people waiting in the waiting room every time I was there. I was shocked since there are only 2 doctors, 2 IVF nurses. Looking back, it seems like all he cares about is the $Money$ Money from patients. Money from clinical trials Money from students waitng room - clinical trails
RUN AWAY! Interview 2 or more clinics. Read reviews. If you need anything more than the basic IVF, he is not the doctor for you. The clinic is very disorganized. His protocol is the same no matter what your circumstances are. Also, I was never given a saline sonogram to determine my uterine cavity. This is a basic test that is extremely beneficial for implantation.
I stated with Birth Control. They had me taking DHEA 25 mg 3 X daily. Prenatal vitamin daily. Baby Asprin daily. I took an antibiotic. (Doxyclycline in the middle of stimulations for 10 days) 225 of Follistim Daily at night 3 bottles of Menopur at night. My stimulation medication was high and the nurse originally said he would probably adjust it but he never did. I was prescribed 5 shots of ganirelix but was only told to take 1 shot on day 11 of stimuation. Trigger was HCG Novarel. I don't recall any special treatment strategies other than my high amount of stimulation drugs. The results were I was overstimulated. I ended up in the hospital with OHSS with low ovarian reserve (which should never happen) I had 10 follicles with 10 eggs at retrieval. 2 were immature, 2 died, 6 were fertilized naturally. 3 grew into embryos and only 1 made it to 5 day but was not able to be PGS tested even though we paid for it in advance.
IVF $6450 Anesthesia $400 ICSI - $1,500 *Optional Assisted Hatching - $680 *Optional Cryopreservation - $950 & annual storage $360 - both must be paid if you have any embryos to freeze. Facility Fee $2,400 They charge 2% for credit card transactions. All the bloodwork was charged to my insurance. All medications are paid to the pharmacy.
He never discussed this. We didn't know this and he never brought it up during initial consultation. After my retrieval, there was no point, since I only had 1 embryo.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Andrea and Charlie are the IVF coordinators at Florida Fertility. Both are great at their job and always available to answer any questions. They had an one on one class with me and my husband on the medications and what to expect during the cycle...The IVF cycle without meds was $12,600...They do the consultations, labs and procedures at the clinic which is very convenient. They do it all on site saving you time and money. What I appreciated as well from this clinic was the financial support. Their billing team sat with me and went over all the expense. They also made me aware different pharmacies that I could get the medication from. I ended up getting my meds from an online pharmacy which saved me almost $1000.
Investor
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Dr. Sanchez from the first meeting was honest and to the point. He explained in detail the testing and the different procedures I would need. He knew I would understand everything if i saw it in paper (I do better with images, I am a visual learner), he drew a diagram and took me through the entire IVF process step by step.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Andrea)
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez after reviewing my medial records from the other 2 clinics before i saw him, the first thing he said to me was, where is your diagnosis? I had been seen by previous doctors for almost 2 years and 3 failed IUIs and they never diagnosed my problem. Dr. Sanchez said the first thing we need to find out it's what's wrong so I can help you. At that point i just started crying because i knew I had found the right doctor. Dr. Sanchez diagnosed me with a severe case of PCOS. I also have uterine fibroids, which is very consistent with women with PCOS.
The most important thing in this lonely and painful journey of infertility is to have a doctor that is honest, trustworthy and kind. I found that in Dr. Sanchez. If your doctor lacks does 3 things, it's time to move on. Don't wait!
After 6 cycles of clomid, 3 cycles or Letrasol, 3 failed IUIs. I finally made it to the care of Dr. Sanchez and we both agreed that IVF was going to be the next step. While going through the beginning stages of IVF. Dr. Zbella (Dr. Sanchez partner, who works at Florida Fertility. An amazing doctor as well), found a massive fibroid, half the size of my uterus to be exact. At that point I had to suspend the IVF cycle and had surgery to remove it. I had the open myomectomy on June 1, 2018. I had to wait 3 months for my uterus to heal and in September I was back to see Dr. Sanchez. I was put on birthday control for 1 month to regulate my period and to monitor my cycle. Then, I started prenatal vitamins, 1 baby aspirin a day (to increase blood flow to the uterus) and Lupron. In 9 days I was ready for the trigger shot. I also was taking the antibiotic Doxycline. Then Egg retrieval. I was at the clinic for the procedure where 13 eggs were collected from my ovaries. I was as asleep and the procedure took about 20 minutes. Out of the 13 eggs 3 made to PGS testing. I had two normal embryos and one abnormal. My husband and i decided to transfer only 1 frozen embryo and continue to freeze the second. We were confident that everything was going to work. I had responded very well to the meds and everything was going just as Dr. Sanchez described it. Unfortunately, the IVF cycle failed and i had a negative pregnancy test. As sad as i was, i knew that my husband and I had followed the instructions perfectly. I did everything how i was suppose to, it just did not work. I am now emotionally healing, resting and saving (yes, saving. My insurance doesn't covered IVF. All our expenses have been out of pocket). We are excited to try again soon.
The IVF cycle without meds was $12,600.
Dr. Sanchez gave us the option of transferring the two available embryos because of my age. However, after considering the risk of multiple pregnancies, we decided to just transfer one.
Clearwater

I am extremely happy with the clinic [Florida Fertility Institute]. It has a overall welcoming environment. Everyone is always friendly and the staff seems very knowledgeable. You can tell that they really care and want to help you. We actually travel about 2 hours one way to the clinic and it's worth it. The only downside is that there are two doctors who work in the office and depending on the day you may see the other doctor instead. However bith are very welcoming and knowledgeable and I am pleased with both doctors.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
I am extremely happy with the clinic. It has a overall welcoming environment. Everyone is always friendly and the staff seems very knowledgeable. You can tell that they really care and want to help you. We actually travel about 2 hours one way to the clinic and it's worth it. The only downside is that there are two doctors who work in the office and depending on the day you may see the other doctor instead. However bith are very welcoming and knowledgeable and I am pleased with both doctors. Be aware you do deal with the nurses more than the doctors themselves.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
From the time I entered the office everyone was extremely friendly. The doctor made me feel at ease even though I was extremely nervous. He explained everything very well and welcomed all questions. He had a very friendly personality and did not rush through the consultation and listened to my concerns.
The nurses were all extremely friendly. They always welcomed us with a smile and asked us how we were doing. They were always glad to answer questions, even if it was the same question. They were quick to return phone calls or leave detailed messages.
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr Zbella made me feel at ease, I had seen a few other doctors and they made me nervous. He took the time to ge to know me and my husband and didn't jump straight to talking money. He welcomed us with a smile and had a very personable demeanor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Do know that he works with a partner and you may see that doctor if Zbella is occupied or out of the office.
Describe the protocols Edward Zbella used in your cycles at Florida Fertility Institute and their degree of success.
I was first put on a high dosage of clomid to see if he could get me to ovulate on my own. I was also scheduled for a pr to see if my tubes were blocked. He also had me do some bloodwork to check on my hormones. The clomid did not work so we then began to discuss IVF. He didn't have me try clomid again because I had already tried it with previous doctors. My AMH level was extremely high so my next and only option was IVF. This was due to the fact I was at a very high risk for OHSS and multiples. He had my husband's sperm also tested to rule out any other complications.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute.
My insurance does not cover infertility unfortunately. This is my first cycle and it has cost us about $14,000.
Describe Edward Zbella's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Fertility Institute.
I am currently in the next phase of IVF getting ready for my transfer. It is up to my husband and I if we would like to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. He suggested not doing anymore than 2 due to the risk of multiples.
Tampa

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute.

The costs [at Florida Fertility Institute] were very clearly stated for each step of the process. There were no surprise fees at any point (which of course is a huge fear with something as expensive and involved as IVF)...I was pleasantly surprised by the kindness and compassion demonstrated by everyone here. I was so happy with this clinic that I drove down there (over an hour and a half one way) every other morning before work for my monitoring during my retrieval cycle and didn't even consider switching to a closer clinic at any point.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
All of the staff members were wonderful, I felt that the dr listened to my concerns and explained very clearly what was going on and when I was stressing myself out unnecessarily, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend my best friend of anyone else to this clinic. After dealing with an OB/Gyn at the beginning of my infertility journey who was not sympathetic, understanding, or compassionate, I was pleasantly surprised by the kindness and compassion demonstrated by everyone here. I was so happy with this clinic that I drove down there (over an hour and a half one way) every other morning before work for my monitoring during my retrieval cycle and didn't even consider switching to a closer clinic at any point.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Mandy)
Every member of the nursing staff I interacted with was wonderful, whether I was calling them in a panic or arriving at 7 am for blood work. They made an extremely stressful process much more positive and made me feel confident every step of the way that they not only knew what they were doing, but that they were personally invested in a positive outcome.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr Sanchez was willing to meet with me to discuss any of my concerns at any step in the process. He was candid about the situation, kept expectations reasonable, and was quick to tell me when I was stressing out unnecessarily which was exactly what I needed to hear!
Don't expect him to coddle you, he'll tell you the truth about what's going on and what to expect with your particular situation.
Dr Sanchez started with the typical HSG and blood work, which revealed a tubal blockage. In light of appearing to have one open tube, he recommended IUI with clomid. Following two failed IUIs I sat down with him again to discuss options and decided, with his candid input, to pursue IVF which resulted in five day 5 cryopreserved embryos. Our first transfer (two embryos) resulted in a singleton pregnancy (still in progress).
The costs were very clearly stated for each step of the process. There were no surprise fees at any point (which of course is a huge fear with something as expensive and involved as IVF).
I was told that at my age (under 30), my options were one to two embryos only. It was explained very clearly to me why this was, in relation to the risk of multiples.
Tampa

The nursing staff is amazing at Florida Fertility Institute. You are always welcomed with a smile. Whenever I call I always get a call back within a few hours at the most. They answer my questions and take the time to ensure I understand what is going on.... Florida Fertility Institute is a very warm practice. Everyone there is friendly and caring. They really do understand that everyone that walks through the doors is struggling with infertility. They show an immense amount of compassion and empathy.
European, East Asian
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Florida Fertility Institute is a very warm practice. Everyone there is friendly and caring. They really do understand that everyone that walks through the doors is struggling with infertility. They show an immense amount of compassion and empathy. They are there to help with each step of the way. They respond quickly to phone calls and questions.
Dr. Sanchez is incredibly knowledgable and thorough. He has met with my husband and I a few times throughout our process, most recently to discuss IVF. During these meetings he is empathetic and compassionate to our struggles. He provides all of the information, scientific and the emotional challenges, to each scenario that he presents. He is also very supportive to our decisions each step of the way. In addition to Dr. Sanchez the entire practice is compassionate. There are days walking out of the ultrasound that all you want to do is cry and they are there to support and help build you back up. You are always greeted with a warm smiling face by everyone you encounter. Throughout the past 18 months everyone at Florida Fertility Institute has made our struggles just a little bit easier.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez works with an amazing team at Florida Fertility Institute. Although he has not completed all of my tests and procedures I always feel like I am in good hands. Everyone at the practice explains everything that they are doing and ensures that you do not leave with any questions. Dr. Sanchez has great bedside manner, we even find ourselves laughing during our visits. He is able to take these uncomfortable visits and make them light and friendly. Every time we meet with Dr. Sanchez whether it is for a consolation, a test, or a procedure we feel like he has our best in mind and helps us make the most educated decisions.
Relax before your first visit. My husband and I were nervous and unsure what to expect before our initial consultation with Dr. Sanchez. He immediately put my nerves at rest, spoke to us like people, and began to explain what what going on and what our many option were going forward.
When my husband and I went to our initial consultation there was no reason that we were unable to get pregnant. So the first thing Dr. Sanchez did was run tests. I had all of my labs run and an HSG my husband also had his sperm checked. Everything came back fine. So we tried naturally for a few more months. Then we went back into meet with Dr. Sanchez and we decided to move onto IUI. We ran 3 rounds of IUI with clomid and still nothing so I had an SHG, again absolutely nothing wrong. So now we're preparing for IVF. There is still no reason that we are not getting pregnant so we are very hopeful that IVF will help us conceive.
I do not have health insurance for infertility. For our IUI we paid approximately $1,000. There are many options for IVF and we are currently deciding on a one time option or a money back guarantee option (includes 3 cycles).

3 IUI, IVF
Excellent service. The staff [at Florida Fertility Institute-Clearwater] is patient care centered. Every visit the clinic has been extremely efficient and professional. Each person from the doctor all the way to the secretary demonstrates the upmost compassion. The office is very comforting. There are several sections to the waiting room which is nice for privacy. I have never had to wait longer than ten minutes to get back into a room. The first time to a fertility clinic can be very overwhelming but the staff makes the experience so smooth.
3 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Excellent service. The staff is patient care centered. Every visit the clinic has been extremely efficient and professional. Each person from the doctor all the way to the secretary demonstrates the upmost compassion. The office is very comforting. There are several sections to the waiting room which is nice for privacy. I have never had to wait longer than ten minutes to get back into a room. The first time to a fertility clinic can be very overwhelming but the staff makes the experience so smooth.
Dr Zbella was explained the entire process and answered any question we had. He cut to the point and did not “beat around the bush”. He gave us hope!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute.
The nursing staff was very organized. Also friendly and compassionate. Very knowledgeable and willing to answer whatever questions. The only weakness is blood draw. I always got stuck several times.
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Me and my significant other have had trouble conceiving so we decided it was time to find out why after having a bad experience with a prior doctor.after researching we decided to go with Dr Zella for fertility help. At our first meeting Dr Zbella had went through my history from precious medical records. He explained to me what he thought the issue was and why. It was decided IVF was the best route. He explained the entire process from beginning to end with every single detail. He answered all questions without hesitation. He did not give false hope. During our hour and a half meeting he never tried to rush us out the door. He took the time to listen to every single concern, issue and questions we had. I would highly recommend him to anyone.
Trust the process. Never give up. Stay positive. Find a support group. You never have to go through the journey alone.
Our treatment is IVF. His four step process included- Ovarian stimulation. used medication to stimulate the ovaries to produce multiple follicles. Then monitored follicular growth by ultrasound to determine egg growth and uterine lining development. When appropriately matured a trigger shot of HCG is administered. Egg retrieval by ultrasound is performed in office. Sperm specimen is washed and prepared for insemination. The washed sleep is placed in a dish with the eggs and incubated for 18 hours. The embryos are observed for normal fertilization. The final step involves transferring embryos into the uterus via catheter through the cervix.
The office had different financing companies that they worked with for fertility. All the cost was explained upfront. And the coordinator helped with the knowledge on how to receive financial assistance. 1 round of IVF was around $15,000
Clearwater

[The staff at Florida Fertility Institute-Tampa were] Great with appointment scheduling, courteous, and responsive. I was always put at ease by everyone. All of my questions were answered and at all times of the day and night including several calls over the weekend.... Yes he did have a resident in training with him; but i took that to mean he is knowledgeable enough to be teaching our future Drs. in the field. We are elated, after several miscarriages we are almost ready to have our miracle baby. I cannot thank Dr. S. enough! If you haven't gotten the results, treatment or compassion from other Fertility Drs. then run, don't walking go see Dr. Sanchez!
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
We saw Dr. Sanchez over the course of several months for treatment. He explained diagnosis and treatment options to us every step of the way. He was compassionate and funny. One visit we had to bring our 4 year old daughter( she was sick and out of school) and he even put cartoons on the TV while we had our consult and gave her a stuffed animal to keep. Yes he did have a resident in training with him; but i took that to mean he is knowledgeable enough to be teaching our future Drs. in the field. We are elated, after several miscarriages we are almost ready to have our miracle baby. I cannot thank Dr. S. enough! If you haven't gotten the results, treatment or compassion from other Fertility Drs. then run, don't walking go see Dr. Sanchez!
Excellent!
See Him ASAP!
Tampa
Scheduling [at Fertility Fertility Institute- Tampa] was flexible. Front desk was overall friendly. Billing/checkout lady was terrible and unfriendly. Billing was usually a nightmare. The best person was the ultrasound tech! Another positive is they don’t make you cycle with other patients, you can start your cycle whenever you are ready.... The main nurse I worked with was okay, I just didn’t like that dr Sanchez wasn’t very involved. It was like being shipped to another clinic w/o the doctor
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Scheduling was flexible. Front desk was overall friendly. Billing/checkout lady was terrible and unfriendly. Billing was usually a nightmare. The best person was the ultrasound tech! Another positive is they don’t make you cycle with other patients, you can start your cycle whenever you are ready.
Rarely interfaces with Dr Sanchez during three IUIs and two Ivf transfers
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
He’s a charismatic guy that can lighten the mood. However, we felt like he overexaggerated our chances of pregnancy with IVF so we jumped right in. We often didn’t see him during our treatments and there was never an explanation for a change of treatment. It was more a “sorry about your luck”
Make sure he’s covering all bases and not just putting you on the “fertility escalator” that will cost you $50k and leave you with no baby and no answers
Three IUIs with clomid. 1st was positive but chemical pregnancy. Next two IUIs were negative. His answer wasn’t more testing, his answer was IVF for which he gave us a 60% chance. IVF meds were on the lower end and I did not experience any complications. He was rarely around for any IVF appts. Fresh transfer with two embryos was negative. Frozen transfer of two embryos was positive but chemical pregnancy. We never met with him again because they wanted another $250 for a follow up appointment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Florida Fertility Institute.
Monitoring appts were the best part because the ultrasound tech was a sweetheart!
IUIs were under $1000. My IVF cost. Around $18,000

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
After 3 years of treatments w/ this office [FL Fert Inst] I learned that I was diagnosed with DOR (diminished ovarian reserve) ONLY by reading through my records which were mailed to another clinic....I was beginning to feel like this clinic did not care about my outcome but only wanted my money as well as insurance payment after my 3rd loss. I have wasted over 35K with this clinic only to find out that I needed either donor eggs or donor embryo's...You could schedule any time that was convenient for you....
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
After 3 years of treatments w/ this office I learned that I was diagnosed with DOR (diminished ovarian reserve) ONLY by reading through my records which were mailed to another clinic. This dx was given in 2016. I would have not continued with treatment using my own eggs @ this point. Further after 4 RE's I learned that being a carrier for Fragile X increases my chances of DOR, Miscarriage and poor embryos/egg quality. I was beginning to feel like this clinic did not care about my outcome but only wanted my money as well as insurance payment after my 3rd loss. I have wasted over 35K with this clinic only to find out that I needed either donor eggs or donor embryo's.
I do not feel like they cared about me as a person.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Demand testing, demand to be able to review your chart and be your own advocate. More importantly, go find ANOTHER clinic.
10 IUIs w/ either clomid or injectable medications. Antagonist IVF protocol 1 chemical, 1 MC of twins & 1 MC of a singleton
You could schedule any time that was convenient for you.
over 35k
None
Tampa

There was an initial consultation charge of about $200 [at Florida Fertility Institute] then a flat fee for the remainder of treatment, not including medications, of $10,750 plus $500 fee since I financed some of it. After two cycles, one cancelled due to poor performance and the second converted to IUI again because of poor response I was able to request a refund of my unused funds, $8949. Or that could have been used towards a different course of treatment...He recommended either donor eggs, which they can do, or donor embryos, which would require me to go elsewhere.... They do most of their procedures and tests in house so are able to get you test results within the same day. You have to take checks because there is a fee for any card transactions.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
The clinic overall was very well organized. Everyone was very nice. They do most of their procedures and tests in house so are able to get you test results within the same day. You have to take checks because there is a fee for any card transactions. Although they mention a billing department if you have any questions about payments or your account t you must call the front desk and request to talk to Vanessa. It's the only way to get ahold of her and she is the only one with the information.
He was always very pleasant and personable. He was also up front in discussion about my potential chances. Although he said that my low AMH may mean it would not be successful he understood me wanting to at least try a cycle before considering donor eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Charlie and Andrea)
They were all very nice and supportive. I had to ask specific questions though because they often glossed over steps or went through things very quickly. They did provide links to online resources.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
He was always very nice, but sometimes felt a little condescending. He gave mostly overviews and left specifics of treatment to the IVF coordinater and finances to the billing department. He was completely open and supportive of my decision to be a single mother by choice. Overall the experience with him was positive.
Make sure to write down specific questions. He tents to give broad strokes of information so I sometimes felt unsure about each individual step.
Since I had low AMH he recommended we go straight to IVF. My medications were pretty aggressive, meopur and follistim. The first cycle was cancelled due to poor response. For the second cycle we added human growth hormone prior to and overlapping with the stim medicines. When the five day ultrasound showed poor response again we converted to IUI and triggered for the one mature follicle. Since that try was not successful he recommended either donor eggs, which they can do, or donor embryos, which would require me to go elsewhere.
There was an initial consultation charge of about $200 then a flat fee for the remainder of treatment, not including medications, of $10,750 plus $500 fee since I financed some of it. After two cycles, one cancelled due to poor performance and the second converted to IUI again because of poor response I was able to request a refund of my unused funds, $8949. Or that could have been used towards a different course of treatment.
I never got that far
Tampa

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Poor Egg Quality
The clinic itself [Florida Fertility Institute] is immaculate, very aesthetically-pleasing and comfortable, the people from the business office that explain payment options were very astute, all of our nurses was very communicative and easy to reach if we had an after-hours concern... The only miscommunication we had was not being aware that there was a 3% charge for using a credit card
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing (cancer)
Cancer, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
The only weakness I can think of was the miscommunication about the fee for using a credit card. The clinic itself is immaculate, very aesthetically-pleasing and comfortable, the people from the business office that explain payment options were very astute, all of our nurses was very communicative and easy to reach if we had an after-hours concern - which happened a lot. It was a wonderful experience and we would not hesitate to repeat it.
Mark Sanchez's bedside manner was warm and compassionate, very empathetic and understanding of how draining the process was in every way. He managed expectations clearly and concisely and was always very honest, but still treated us with kid gloves. He gave precise instructions on how to behave, what to avoid, and what to expect either way. He has a very kind and calm demeanor and legitimate concern for his patients. We could not have been in better hands.
All of my communications with the nurses were excellent to my recollection. The only miscommunication we had was not being aware that there was a 3% charge for using a credit card, which is significant when the payments are as large as they are; however, that is more of an administrative error. As far as the care from the nurses, everything was excellent.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
As previously indicated, he managed our expectations like a professional, warning us of potential risks, guiding us through best practices, and always answering every question with sincerity. On our first transfer, the embryos did not latch, which could've have happened for a number of reasons (they were too weak, my wife was more active than she should've been...who knows), and Dr. Sanchez prepared us for the possibility that despite all of the injections, all of the hormones, all of the financial obligation, all of the stress, that there is a chance that pregnancy may not occur. It is devastating receiving that phone call. Yet, in Dr. Sanchez's hands, we always felt reassured. When he performed the transfer of our frozen embryo, he seemed as emotionally invested in our success as we were. There was a moment before the transfer that I remember specifically, where he nodded his head and closed his eyes for a moment (possibly to pray, or meditate, or just get in the proper headspace), and witnessing this put a strange calm over me. Lo and behold, our baby was born beautiful, healthy, and perfect. We can never thank Dr. Sanchez enough, and only hope someday we can afford to see him again to give our child a sibling. We trust him without question.
Listen to him attentively, trust his counsel, and follow his instructions meticulously.
We went three rounds: The first was IUI; although there was a number of hormone injections and medicines involved, the second was a two embryo transfer, and the third was the frozen embryo transfer that we cryogenically preserved from the first egg retrieval and insemination. I cannot recall the names of the medications/injections right now; although, we researched them intensively at the time. There were also dietary requirements, like extra Folic Acid, and added Estrogen.
All three attempts including all injections for all three times, all visits, egg retrieval, IUI, two embryo transfers, cryo freezing the embryo, and everything else fell below $30,000 I think. Important to remember that just one round of injections was around $7,500, I think...so, all in all, it was what we expected. Possibly less. I am ballparking.
We had three embryos. We asked why we were not inserting all three at once, and Dr. Sanchez explained enough potential risks to convince us to only use 2 at first and freeze the third. this turned out to be the right advice because the third one turned out to be our baby boy.
Tampa

Hours of the clinic [Florida Fertility Institute] are very specific. I had a flexible schedule so I was able to fit everything in my schedule but it could be difficult for others depending on their work schedule...[Nurse] Mandy was prompt in calling me back about blood levels and which medicine I should take or if I needed to change the dosage. She seemed to care about how I felt and very supportive. When I hyper-stimulated she made sure I was able to get into the office to see the doctors and get the answers I wanted/needed.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Hours of the clinic are very specific. I had a flexible schedule so I was able to fit everything in my schedule but it could be difficult for others depending on their work schedule.
Dr. Sanchez sat down on several occasions and explained exactly what was going on and what to expect. He was genuine and seemed to care about me and my husband.
Mandy was prompt in calling me back about blood levels and which medicine I should take or if I needed to change the dosage. She seemed to care about how I felt and very supportive. When I hyperstimulated she made sure I was able to get into the office to see the doctors and get the answers I wanted/needed.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez explained to my husband exactly how the IUI process worked and drew us a very nice picture of the time table of when to take certain injections, when the IUI would be done or not done if I was not responding correctly. Before the IUI, he explained different scenarios about an IUI and how the medicine could affect my body. After the IUI, I hyperstimulated, when I met with him, he was understanding and sympathetic but positive and made me feel better about the diagnosis.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He is happy to make sure that you understand exactly what is going on.
First round we used a combination of Follistim and Menopur. I don't ovulate on my own so they were really trying to get my system working. My body responded very quickly and so I stopped taking the Follistim. First round didn't work. Second round, we started on a low dose of Follistim only. My body was responding but levels were not as high as they should be so the dosage of Follistim was raised. Second round worked:)
My insurance does not cover fertility treatments, so I had to pay it all out of pocket. My insurance did cover part of the fertility medication. I did not compare the cost of IUI to other clinics but I thought that it was reasonable for fertility treatments.
Tampa

The office [Florida Fertility Institute] was always up front about the charges and fees. I never felt unaware. They even had the medication cheaper in office than I could find at any pharmacy in my area.... The nursing staff and IUI staff were all very nice and informative. When I had questions they always responded very quickly. I could email in the morning and would have a response before lunch.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Without a doubt I would recommend this clinic to anyone. I also had a Hystosalpingogram there by Dr. Zbella and he as well was kind. The only negative is that they do not have an office closer to me. It was a 45 minutes drive each way and that was with good traffic.
Dr. Sanchez and his staff were all polite and kind. At the first appointment he just sat down with my husband and I after reviewing our medical records and talked to us. He told us he was going to do everything he could to help. He said he can't guarantee a child, but he would do everything he could. He also talked to us about emotional health and how much of a toll the already two losses were. He was very kind and never made us feel rushed.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez was kind and professional. He took his time and explained all processes and procedures. He never promised to fix our problems and he never made me feel bad for being overweight. He never made us feel rushed. He made sure both my husband and I understood all processes.
Be honest, he listens very well and takes your thoughts and opinions into consideration.
We did 4 rounds of IUI. I had to take Clomid and another prescription I can't remember the name of. My insurance did not cover the ultrasound prior to the IUI or the IUI or the medication and his office was very upfront with us about the charges.
The office was always up front about the charges and fees. I never felt unaware. They even had the medication cheaper in office than I could find at any pharmacy in my area.
2015 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
The office [Florida Fertility Inst] is beautiful and inviting. There are plenty of patient rooms and consultation offices about. The lobby is spacious and comfortable and they always keep their candy bowl full for guys such as my sweet-tooth having husband. ... She trained me during every new process of the cycle and remained patient until I understood. The staff makes me feel as though they're rooting for me, a great support system.
2015 - 2019
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
The office is beautiful and inviting. There are plenty of patient rooms and consultation offices about. The lobby is spacious and comfortable and they always keep their candy bowl full for guys such as my sweet-tooth having husband.
Dr. Zebella has a state of the art facility, a very friendly and compassionate staff. They have the ability to make you feel as comfortable as they can during the process. The IVF process is sometimes difficult, disappointing and often time consuming, but they're happy to help you through it all.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kristy)
I actually have Kristy's personal cell phone number. She always made herself available anytime I had a question or concern. She trained me during every new process of the cycle and remained patient until I understood. The staff makes me feel as though they're rooting for me, a great support system.
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr Zbella is very professional and informative. I was so nervous going through my 1st IVF cycle I couldn't stand it. But Dr Zbella and Dr Sanchez have "what to expect" videos posted on their website that helped ease my anxiety throughout the process. I look forward to continuing to work with him through our next cycle. I trust his judgement and find comfort in the fact he has my best interest in mind.
Be prepared to make tons of office visits. They close early on Fridays but keep decent hours during the week. Also, no need to be shy...You will be required to drop trousers a lot! You will also have bloodwork during most visits as well.

2017 - 2019
The staff [at the Florida Fertility Institute] is friendly and works as a team. They coordinate together and ensure you don't have to repeat yourself. Each person has an area of responsibility and they are an expert in that area. This allows the patient to know who the key players are and who to contact with each item...[Dr. Sanchez] was upfront and honest about our options. He laid out potential solutions to our infertility issues and helped us determine the best choice for our family. He let us ask questions, provided us with a roadmap & timing, explained the risks & costs. He made us feel like he was vested in the success of our treatment plan...I went through a fresh transfer during my first IVF cycle. Dr. Sanchez was very careful and kept a close watch on many elements within my blood to ensure things were aligned in order for us to fresh transfer. We transferred two embryos and both took. My second cycle was a frozen transfer. We only transferred one embryo and it has taken as well.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
The staff is friendly and works as a team. They coordinate together and ensure you don't have to repeat yourself. Each person has an area of responsibility and they are an expert in that area. This allows the patient to know who the key players are and who to contact with each item.
Dr. Sanchez was realistic in his assessment of our situation. He provided us with potential solutions and helped us choose the best option to fit our family needs. He was personable and made us feel like he was invested in the success us building a family.
One word. AMAZING!
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Mark was upfront and honest about our options. He laid out potential solutions to our infertility issues and helped us determine the best choice for our family. He let us ask questions, provided us with a roadmap & timing, explained the risks & costs. He made us feel like he was vested in the success of our treatment plan.
Continue to do what you do.
My insurance covered a good portion of my IVF cycles. During the first cycle I had approximately $5,000 out of pocket, my second cycle was around $3,000.
I agree with Dr. Sanchez's approach to single and multiple transfer. We took his advice on both IVF cycles.

Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Mandy [nurse at Florida Fertility Institute] has been amazing. Just like Dr. Sanchez, she has been welcoming from day one. Any and all questions that we have had, she has been more than happy to help with. Phone calls have all been returned same day...The clinic is very warm and welcoming. There has always been a smiling face to greet us as we walk in as well as leaving...They have been wonderful and understanding with collecting funds and making sure that all that we need is covered under the current visit cost so there are no extra fees.
Male Factor, PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Dr. Sanchez was amazing from the moment he walked into the consultation room. He was very much so about talking with us instead of to us.
Mandy has been amazing. Just like Dr. Sanchez, she has been welcoming from day one. Any and all questions that we have had, she has been more than happy to help with. Phone calls have all been returned same day.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez was very compassionate yet straightforward when it came to discussing our options and next steps. He told us that he was willing to try if we were, which meant the world to us. He made sure to keep checking with us while we were talking to make sure he wasn't moving too fast and that we understood everything he was going over. He had a sense of humor that made us feel right at home while speaking.
Go in with an open mind. He has your best interest at heart, trust the process.
Currently, my husband is on pregnyl injections and clomid to try and correct a male infertility issue to see if we are able to move forward.
Since we are not covered under our insurance for fertility, everything has been out of pocket. They have been wonderful and understanding with collecting funds and making sure that all that we need is covered under the current visit cost so there are no extra fees.
2012 - 2018
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[ Florida Fertility Institute] Answered all questions asked but weren’t always great with responding to questions, especially off hours or lunch hours. The nursing staff that did blood draws, sonograms, etc were great....I had a cancelled cycle and getting the information on details, and a follow up appointment, was not easy to obtain and took way too long to schedule. (And was actually rescheduled after we were already in the office).
2012 - 2018
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Dr Sanchez is great but I was not a fan of Dr Zbella. His bedside manor was not great. Luckily, I didn’t have to deal with him much. Overall the clinic is good. They have dedicated IVF staff who I mostly dealt with. They were knowledgeable even if not always accessible.
He has a great bedside manor. Remembered previous visits and items we’d discussed. He would joke with us and made me feel very comfortable.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
He is very knowledgeable and straightforward, but also personable and connects with his patients. My husband and I both liked him and felt comfortable going there for our procedures. Our senses of humor also matched well.
Ask all of your questions. He will answer them. And he prepared for a joke which may or may not be funny. But he will think it is.
We did a fairly standard IVF with ICSI protocol as our first and only successful round. The others were part of a study - the IVY study, which did not work for me.
I didn’t remember the exact costs but it was in the 13k range, not counting meds.
Our embryos were not great quality so we put in 3. We felt that was the right choice and he would’ve done 2 or 3.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
Florida Fertility Institute is an amazing group. Every one treats you with compassion and is extremely knowledgeable in their field...Dr. Sanchez and his staff were compassionate and listened/answered all our questions and understood all our needs. They celebrated all our triumphs with us and were genuinely invested in our future family...
3 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez is compassionate and extremely knowledgeable. He earned my complete trust through his amazing work and understanding of our needs. For example, we were trying IUI and were unsuccessful. Dr. Sanchez reviewed our file and didn't let us waste more time or money continuing down an unsuccessful path. It was worth trying initially but when it was clear to him adjustments were needed he acted. Without prompt from us he worked up another game plan and shortly after we were pregnant. It was the compassion and dedication to our success that impressed us. You aren't getting doctors with photocopied action plans when you go to Florida Fertility Institute. The doctors and the PA, Andrea, give your unique situation customized treatment from start to finish.
Trust Dr. Sanchez with all your fertility needs. He will not disappoint.
$15-20,000.00

2008 - 2012
They [Florida Fertility Institute] are compassionate, clean record as far as I know and affordable. I say affordable considering everything in Florida is very expensive. I had to travel 4 hours but their price was one third on the cost for the btl....I must admit tje nursingbtean was great. With the exception of onr particular MA. She was so mean honestly. I later on learned they became aware of her behavior and she was dismissed. Mandy took her place and she is an angel.
2008 - 2012
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
They are compassionate, clean record as far as I know and affordable. I say affordable considering everything in Florida is very expensive. I had to travel 4 hours but their price was one third on the cost for the btl.
I felt like a human because I was addressed by name and in a respectful manner. If they could not answer my question they would takevmy information and call mr back.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
My experience as a patient..I would say was a devent one. He was fair and explained the procedure was not 100% guaranteed. Dr. Sanchez came to speak to me personally and made me aware he would not be there when I woke from the surgery.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
For the most part I had surgery a bilateral tubal reversal. I was advised I had tonwait 3 months before I could have unprotected sex (to allow sufficient time forchealing). Also I had to try for 12 monthd before Clomid could be prescribed.
It was very reasobale. The btl was one third of the cost of many clinics.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
[At Florida Fertility Institute] You almost always stick to your scheduled appointment, so your time is not wasted.... [For monitoring appointments] I could choose a time within a specific time range.... One time they forgot to call me with how many embryos were frozen.... He gave me realistic answers without making me feel like anything was a guaranteed success. I was told that my chances we're always 47% chance of success with either a fresh or frozen cycle. He said my endometriosis is not what is causing infertility with research he did himself to backup his thoughts.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
My treatment seemed specific to my needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute.
They struggled with taking my blood but otherwise I had no issues.
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
I had no issues. He gave me realistic answers without making me feel like anything was a guaranteed success. I was told that my chances we're always 47% chance of success with either a fresh or frozen cycle. He said my endometriosis is not what is causing infertility with research he did himself to backup his thoughts.
He does not tell you things to make you feel good. He gives you realistic advice without false hope, which I liked.
Menopur Follistim Lupron Trigger Shot
I could choose a time within a specific time range.
That depends on what my insurance covers and what it doesn't.
Clearwater
The clinic [Florida Fertility Inst- Tampa] is difficult to get a hold of. Treatment didn't feel very personalized.... Different nurses. Had to leave a lot of voicemails as no one was usually available to speak with. I had to do a lot of following up on my own. Andrea-the PA was available if needed.... Weaknesses-did not educate much at all on the procedure or the why's. Did not explain well why I was taking a medication. I felt like I had to ask to find out anything. The clinic shares an office/building with a weight management department. Strengths- Embryologist-Seth O'Gradney- kind, took the time to explain and talk through things re: male factor Gail-ultrasound tech Andrea-was a good resource
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
The clinic is difficult to get a hold of. Treatment didn't feel very personalized.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez very strongly pushed ICSI-IVF for our Male Fertility. We did not feel like he addressed questions well. I was an IVF newbie and we were not educated well on IVF-ICSI or the possible risks or success/miscarriage possibilites.
I believe a mini dose protocol was used for our case. Low eggs retrieved.
3 day transfer was standard at the time. Though I was told that a 5 day transfer would be more standard the following year.They did not recommend eSET in general.
Tampa

Charlie and Andrea [at FL Fert Inst - Clear] were the best. They called us to check in, they made sure we were comfortable and answered all of our questions. When Andrea said she would call - she called. That is so nice to have reliable people to speak with when going through a new process...Go to Dr. Zbella first before you try the other more advertised agencies...
They were absolutely amazing. I had gone to 2 other RE Doctors and this practice was warm and the staff were simply amazing. They answered my questions, they called to check on me and they were patient with all of my questions and concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Charlie and Andrea )
Charlie and Andrea were the best. They called us to check in, they made sure we were comfortable and answered all of our questions. When Andrea said she would call - she called. That is so nice to have reliable people to speak with when going through a new process.
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Zbella was just perfect. He was professional, took time to discuss our concerns and overall made my dream come true.
Go to Dr. Zbella first before you try the other more advertised agencies.
23k
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
[The nurses at Florida Fertility Institute] was all attentive to any concern or question I had, it didn't matter how many question we had they where always available to answer them. When it was time to learn about the medication and the injection they took the time to sit down with me and really walk me through and they made sure we understood the them... staff is very knowledgeable always with a great attitude and very attentive to detail. Some time the receptionist was kinda lost but very professional will find the help you need or will direct you to the correct person to answer the question you may have.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Too much positive to talk about this clinic. They staff is very knowledgeable always with a great attitude and very attentive to detail. Some time the receptionist was kinda lost but very professional will find the help you need or will direct you to the correct person to answer the question you may have.
We visit other location and the Doctors was only talking about the money. As soon we talk to Doctor Zbella he treated us like human and explain detail by detail he also got his staff involve with us and gave us the best treatment and attention we need it
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Fertility Institute. (Assigned nurse: Andrea )
They was all attentive to any concern or question I had, it didn't matter how many question we had they where always available to answer them. When it was time to learn about the medication and the injection they took the time to sit down with me and really walk me through and they made sure we understood the them.
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
Edward Zbella is a strait forward doctor, he will explain to you what he will do how he will do it and really trustworthy. He will always be there for any question or concern you may have. We came to his office knowing what we need it to do and he walk us through it and change your mind process when we thought nothing could have been done.
Listen to everything he tells you he know what he is doing.
The treatment cost change a little since my insurance cover a portion of the medication. But overall I think I spend about $10,000 and we got the result that we wanted
Clearwater

I was checked in promptly [at Florida Fertility Institute] and then my name was called in a timely manner I didn’t wait very long at all.it was ran like a professional facility not really like a clinic where you wait for long periods at a time...I was relaxed an was comfortable going in getting prepared for surgery the doctor and nurses were all super nice an made sure I was calm I remember waking up with minimal pain An was assisted with a nurse right by my bed side.
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
I was checked in promptly and then my name was called in a timely manner I didn’t wait very long at all.it was ran like a professional facility not really like a clinic where you wait for long periods at a time.
He spent ample time with me explaining the surgical procedure and made me feel very comfortable even afterwards he explained what all he did while I was under and what to expect....
Very nice and pleasant, made sure I was comfortable every step of the way.
How was your experience with Edward Zbella at Florida Fertility Institute?
He took his time in explaining the surgical procedure and what to expect during and afterwards. I got a Tubal reversal October 2018 and was pregnant by February 1,2019. Dr Zbella said wait 3 months let my body heal and I listened and got pregnant my first round of TTC and My Husband and I are very very happy and blessed.
Be calm, Listen and ask all questions that you need answers to then wait for your miracle.
I had a Tubal Reversal and it was an outpatient procedure. I was relaxed an was comfortable going in getting prepared for surgery the doctor and nurses were all super nice an made sure I was calm I remember waking up with minimal pain An was assisted with a nurse right by my bed side. This was October 2018, I was told by dr Zbella to wait 3 months before TTC to allow my body to heal and we did just that and on the 3rd month we got pregnant TTC the first time now my husband and I are super excited waiting to welcome another child.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
The clinic [Florida Fertility Institute] was very efficient and very professional. They explained the costs of different procedures. I had no problems scheduling various appointments. I never had to wait longer than 20 minutes in the waiting room...The clinic was very efficient and very professional. They explained the costs of different procedures. I had no problems scheduling various appointments. I never had to wait longer than 20 minutes in the waiting room.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Dr. Sanchez explained what we were dealing with and what our options were. He kept it real and didn’t sugar coat it.
The nursing staff was very compassionate and caring. They were very professional and always made me feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
Dr. Sanchez explained our fertility issues and what options we had. He took the time to make sure we understood what we were up against as well as the iui procedure. I felt very comfortable having him as my doctor. He was very nice and very professional.
I took clomid and had a trigger shot of ovidril for both of my IUI’s. The first iui was negative. The second iui resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
97.65 598.76 procedure 382.50 74.53 lab work 53.89 lab work 165.71 July 13 lab work 382.50 July 12 201.76 April 24 84.07 May 22 179.52 April 26 99.24 May 21 81.60 May 25 61.20 June 13 194.33 April 19

Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
[FL Fertility Institute is] Super expensive and they charge a 2% credit card fee, which I really don't like. The staff is all great though - Very happy with the care I've received thus far.... He [Dr. Mark Sanchez] really does his best to make you feel comfortable in your current situation. Personally, I'd prefer a little more explanation though. His bedside manners are great. I feel like he truly cares and wants you to have a successful pregnancy
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Florida Fertility Institute.
Super expensive and they charge a 2% credit card fee, which I really don't like. The staff is all great though - Very happy with the care I've received thus far. Super expensive and they charge a 2% credit card fee, which I really don't like. The staff is all great though - Very happy with the care I've received thus far.
he does his best to make you feel comfortable
Mandy is super sweet and knowledgeable.
How was your experience with Mark Sanchez at Florida Fertility Institute?
He really does his best to make you feel comfortable in your current situation. Personally, I'd prefer a little more explanation though. His bedside manners are great. I feel like he truly cares and wants you to have a successful pregnancy.
Be sure to ask lots of questions!
Pretty expensive (in my opinion). An ultrasound is $250 and the IUI procedure is right around $600.