Genetic counseling: Offered
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
386-254-8211
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The entire staff at the Daytona Beach F.I.R.M. Office is wonderful! They are so soft spoken but have awesome personalities that just calm your nerves entirely! They can laugh with you and hand you a tissue as soon as you become overwhelmed.... The Daytona office is newer and smaller than their main office in downtown Jacksonville, so for any more extensive procedures we would go there, but that is absolutely fine with us knowing that we are still able to do it IUI’s close to home!
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Being that my husband and I live in Ormond Beach, FL (Volusia County), there aren't many clinics around. My OBGYN gave us the names of 3 offices and it was up to us to do our research. One of the recommendations was for a clinic with locations in Jacksonville and Orlando. We saw they were offering an IVF seminar in Orlando one Saturday last October, so we went and were disappointment by how cold the doctor and presentation felt. There were about 30 couples there, many of us newly diagnosed with infertility and speaking for ourselves, it was disappointing because we felt we were being pushed straight to IVF without looking at other options. So back to Google we went and we decided to take the first step of filling out the new patient application with the F.I.R.M. After using the F.I.R.M.’s Daytona Beach office for two SA’s (ordered by my OBGYN), we thought we should just inquire to see if IVF truly was our first step. To our surprise, I received a call just a few hours after filling out the paperwork and was told that everything through an IUI can be done in the Daytona office! What a relief!! We knew right then that we were already making the right decision. The Daytona office is newer and smaller than their main office in downtown Jacksonville, so for any more extensive procedures we would go there, but that is absolutely fine with us knowing that we are still able to do it IUI’s close to home!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
From our very first appointment, Dr. Freeman and the staff at the Daytona Beach F.I.R.M. Office gave us the hope of getting pregnant and being parents. Dr. Freeman and the staff have referred to my husband and I as “mom” and “dad” when having conversations and just those small, tiny words feel SO good to hear. Dr. Freeman started me on Metformin for my PCOS and once starting it, I missed my first cycle, but that didn’t mean the interactions with the office stopped. Susan, one of our incredible nurses, reached out to me to check on lab orders I was given and made me feel like they didn’t forget about me as “just a number”. Things like this have made me and my husband both feel like humans while being treated at the F.I.R.M.!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan is the main nurse I speak with when I call or she calls me, but Crystal is who we have for almost all of our appointments. She is Dr. Freeman’s right hand girl!)
The entire staff at the Daytona Beach F.I.R.M. Office is wonderful! They are so soft spoken but have awesome personalities that just calm your nerves entirely! They can laugh with you and hand you a tissue as soon as you become overwhelmed. They are part of what makes this experience a little bit easier to manage our way through. They are also such great cheerleaders cycle after cycle!
How was your experience with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Although we have only been with Dr. Freeman for just under a year, I can confidently say that we made the right choice when choosing him and the F.I.R.M.! He has been so incredibly honest and thorough in our appointments, our consultation lasted well over an hour and he constantly reassured us that we could ask as many questions as we want and not to feel rushed. Leaving our consultation, I was sent home with extensive lab orders, some tests I had previously done with my OBGYN, but he wanted to retest those levels to have a full reading done, which I appreciate that he wanted to “see what he was working with” instead of taking previous results and using those! Following my bloodwork, we had a reconsideration that also lasted nearly an hour. This was when he diagnosed me with PCOS and explained that I was no longer immune to varicella. Due to this, we had to rework our timeline, but he constantly reassured us that we would have a baby at the end of this! It’s natural for any couple battling infertility to breakdown from time to time, and he makes me feel so comfortable even when I’m crying! As nervous as I am to go through treatment (I have a very low pain tolerance), he has reassured us that he will be there for us and if he is at another one of their offices, we are absolutely able to go to that office if we would like. He easily relates things back to layman’s terms and doesn’t leave us feeling like we need to google anything! A great example was during our consultation, I questioned the catheter used for and IUI and he said, “next time you see spaghetti, take a good look, it’s about that size!” We’ve been through 5 IUIs (4 failures and currently in the TWW of our 5th), and with each and everyone, Dr. Freeman continues to be so optimistic. He always greets us with “Who is ready to get pregnant today!?” This May sound like such a small thing, but to us, it’s so much more than that. And with all of our failures, he has been right there to pick up the pieces and explain how we will move forward. He has even gone out of his way to call me personally after I’ve had scans with different REs in the practice (due to weekend rotation scheduling), he always wants to make sure we are comfortable and know that he is right there with us, even if he isn’t on call that weekend! All in all, we couldn’t have chosen a better doctor than Dr. Freeman and we are so happy to have him guiding us through this hard battle!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask absolutely any questions you can think of! He will always explain everything as simple as possible to make sure you fully understand. He wants to answer all possible questions to make you more comfortable!
Describe the protocols Michael Freeman used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
During our consultation, Dr. Freeman discussed what he though his plan of action may be, pending lab results. Then, he said we would do letrozole and possibly a trigger shot (depending on lab results to see if Inovulate on my own) and then 4 or 5 IUI’s if need be before moving on. At the point of our consultation, I didn’t have an HSG done but due to no pain or symptoms, he said we could do 2 IUI’s and if they don’t take then we would do an HSG before continuing with IUI’s. Once my lab results came back, we went through each test, good and bad! He tested 21 levels, so it was quite an extensive appointment - which was great! From my labs, he diagnosed me with PCOS due to my insulin resistance and also found that I was not immune to varicella. He explained how both of these impact things and the plan of action. I was to receive both varicella vaccinations, I was to start of Metformin, and should go as low carb, sugar and dairy free as possible. I expressed that I had read some not so pleasant reviews on Metformin and he took about 10 minutes alone to explain how and why it works. The goal was to work my way up to 2,000mg a day of Extended Release MF but to start low and increase each week. I know this helped as I didn’t always have the negative side effects and even when I have had them, I stuck with it because I know he put me on it for a reason. Once I became immune to varicella, it was time to start our first IUI. After doing some debating, I decided I wanted to have my HSG prior to our first IUI because I didn’t want to hold onto the “what if”. That in itself was not comfortable at all, but I am so glad it’s behind me and that I have open tubes. We started our IUI just as he had explained, Letrozole and a trigger shot. I was incredibly nervous to give myself a shot, so for the first two IUIs it worked out that I was able to have our nurse, Crystal, do them. But by IUI number three, I had to suck it up and learn to do it myself. Dr. Freeman gave me a full lesson and made me so comfortable doing the shots on my own. This is just another example of how wonderful of a doctor he is!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
So far, we have paid a $25 copay for each appointment and $40 for each of our consultation and reconsideration. For our first IUI, we paid $110 for each ultrasound, but once I asked for them to be submitted through my insurance, we haven’t paid. We also pay $95 for each trigger shot. My HSG went fully covered and was done t a local imaging center as the Daytona office doesn’t have the necessary equipment, so we paid about $200 total for that. In totally, our insurance is billed for about $1200 for a three appointment IUI schedule, which we end up paying $75 of plus medications, bringing each IUI to just under $200. However, I know that my company will not offer any converse if we have to move on to IVF. Bloodwork, Metformin and the two varicella vaccinations I’ve received so far have all been done outside of the F.I.R.M. The total for these treatments has been $685.
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

2017 - 2019
Strengthens- Relatively easy to get an appointment, including weekends and same day. Having multiple locations [Florida Institute for Repro Med] is very nice. Weaknesses- The administrative staff is not the best (particularly their billing staff). With infertify, some tests are very time sensitive and once my account was put on hold, because the staff collected the wrong amount.... IUI Cycles-$500-$600 a cycle. Clomid was covered under my insurance at the local pharmacy. IVF- early stages so unsure of the exact costs.
2017 - 2019
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengthens- Relatively easy to get an appointment, including weekends and same day. Having multiple locations is very nice. Weaknesses- The administrative staff is not the best (particularly their billing staff). With infertify, some tests are very time sensitive and once my account was put on hold, because the staff collected the wrong amount.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
As a provider, Dr. Von Goerban truly cares about me as a patient. When I come back into the office after a failed cycle, I’ve been greeted with a warm smile and a hug, which has helped ease how hard this process has been. She’s been through it herself so she has first hand knowledge.
How was your experience with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Von Goeben (having gone through infertity treatments herself), is very warm and welcoming. She is compassionate, in one of the hardest industries. She has been very patient and thorough with my husband and I which has helped us a lot.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Trust her and follow her lead. She knows what she is doing and it’s a process that may take longer than you want.
Describe the protocols Kari Sproul von Goeben used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I’ve been treated for unexplained infertility since late 2017. I began with the normal testing, including testing for my husband. We then went into clomid and clomid plus trigger shot plus IUIs. I ended up needing surgery to remove some cysts that were not resolving on their own. We are now moving into IVF.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
IUI Cycles-$500-$600 a cycle. Clomid was covered under my insurance at the local pharmacy. IVF- early stages so unsure of the exact costs. Early indication suggest $7-$8k a round plus medications. Our insurance will not cover it nor the medications.
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

It’s great how this clinic [FL Institute for Reproductive Med-Jacksonville] allows you to have a primary doctor. It is comforting to 9 times out of 10 always see the same doctor and build a patient/doctor relationship with them. It really helps heighten your level of comfort in such uncomfortable times.... All of the nurses and medical assistants have been so helpful. One in particular has made herself readily available via text or phone for us through this entire process which has helped with all of our numerous questions at all times of the day. They really want you to succeed as much as you want to.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s great how this clinic allows you to have a primary doctor. It is comforting to 9 times out of 10 always see the same doctor and build a patient/doctor relationship with them. It really helps heighten your level of comfort in such uncomfortable times.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Duffy has been very caring and supportive through the entire process.
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
We came to Dr. Duffy after 3 attempts at another clinic. We had already been through 4 untested embryos, resulting in a chemical and a missed miscarriage. Dr. Duffy recommended PGS screening and the ERA for us immediately. We ended up miscarrying at 8 weeks with our one normal embryo from that cycle and although we are sad, we also are moving forward because Dr. Duffy has gotten us further than any other doctor. We trust him and know he will work his hardest to get us the baby we have been waiting for.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Sometimes dr. Duffy can run behind for appointments but it’s only because he spends as much time as needed with each patient.
Describe the protocols Daniel Duffy used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We used birth control followed by gonal f and menopur with our stims cycle. Dr. Duffy had us add in human growth hormone to help with egg quality.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Since we have been with dr. Duffy, our insurance coverage has kicked in and has substantially helped with costs.
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Their main clinic [Florida Inst for Repro Med] is in Jacksonville and they have a smaller clinic in Daytona. I wish I had known that the same level of care is not available in the Daytona office. Everyone is very nice and helpful at that office, but it is a lot smaller and doesn't offer all the services.... The main care coordinator, Emma, is really nice and helpful, yet it seems like she might have too much stuff going on and sometimes she gives the impression that some balls are dropped. She also seems a little bit in a hurry when I talk to her, so I need to have already written down and ready the questions I need to ask her.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It seems to be a good clinic, which has lots of good reviews in the State. Their main clinic is in Jacksonville and they have a smaller clinic in Daytona. I wish I had known that the same level of care is not available in the Daytona office. Everyone is very nice and helpful at that office, but it is a lot smaller and doesn't offer all the services.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
On my first consultation. Dr. Erb was very professional, yet I felt like Dr. Erb was in a hurry and spoke quickly to explain the procedures, etc. However, on my next consults she was very kind and listened to my questions, answering them as best as she could. She didn't pretend to have all the answers, but always tried her best to let us know that she would find the best treatment for us. So, I definitely felt like a human.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma Langley)
The main care coordinator, Emma, is really nice and helpful, yet it seems like she might have too much stuff going on and sometimes she gives the impression that some balls are dropped. She also seems a little bit in a hurry when I talk to her, so I need to have already written down and ready the questions I need to ask her. All her directions are given orally, nor written, which sometimes seems like it would be easier to make a mistake or miscalculate.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Erb has a quiet disposition and seems a little bit young. However, she is very thorough in her work and seems very knowledgeable. I was very thankful when she listened to my concerns about a treatment she had prescribed and was willing to go over the alternatives and found something we both felt more comfortable with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to ask questions. Take notes and don't be afraid to ask if you don't understand something. Slow her down if necessary. She is great.
Describe the protocols Teresa Erb used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Erb prescribed an HSG and then a Hysteroscopy because she saw a mass that was suspicious. During the Hysteroscopy she ended up removing some polyps and also noticed that I had lesions from Endometriosis on my uterus. She then prescribed treatment with Lupron for two months to control de Endometriosis before the embryo transfer. When I voiced my concerns about Lupron, she switched to a month of Letrozole 7.5/day. I will then keep taking bcp, and after a couple of weeks will start estrace for other 2 weeks until my next consultation, at which I think I will start progesterone injections and then hopefully be ready for the transfer.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I am not done yet, but the procedure for a transfer embryo is supposed to be between 7,000 and 10,000 including consultations and ultrasounds.
Describe Teresa Erb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My doctor did have a very strong preference to single embryo transfer in my case because of my age (45). She said it would be too risky to implant more than one embryo at a time. We believed her, but it didn't seem like that was open for discussion
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

Male Factor, Other
From my very first tearful phone call to the clinic, they [Florida Inst for Repro Med] were compassionate and welcoming. We were able to get our first appointment fairly quickly and they have always worked with my schedule. I felt like after the first visit they actually do you know your name and will somewhat recognize you at Future visits.... my husband said that the semen analysis room was not okay. It is very clinical. It is not a comfortable room to provide a semen analysis in.
European, Other
Male Factor, Other
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
From my very first tearful phone call to the clinic, they were compassionate and welcoming. We were able to get our first appointment fairly quickly and they have always worked with my schedule. I felt like after the first visit they actually do you know your name and will somewhat recognize you at Future visits. Doctor Freeman has been optimistic when I have not been. He is very candid, and just a great doctor. We are still early on in our process but I feel that he will be the support that is needed for my husband and me. My husband is not crazy about doctors but has stated that he really likes him. That was really important to me. Dr. Freeman talks in our language and never tries to go way above our heads with medical information, just what we need to know. I would like an email for the nurses as it seems that we always have to leave voicemails. Also my husband said that the semen analysis room was not okay. It is very clinical. It is not a comfortable room to provide a semen analysis in.
He understands our sarcastic personality and is very friendly. We actually laughed during very tense doctor's appointments when I usually feel like crying!
We are still very early on in the process so have a meet dealt with nurses for blood work and consultation. There are times when it seems like we always have to leave a message but the nurses do eventually call back. During blood work they have been very compassionate.
From the very beginning doctor Freeman was extremely personable. He reviewed our records and was very thorough. Although I wanted to start treatment right away he has made sure to cover every base to make sure that our IVF ground is successful. As frustrating as it is that we have to wait longer, I know he is attempting to get us in the best spot possible for a positive pregnancy. He is very thorough! We have never had to wait long in the waiting room.
Be yourself! And ask lots of questions. He has never seemed so annoyed or irritated at my many questions. You can also handle my husband's sarcastic sense of humor. I think he allowed my husband to feel at ease during the appointments. He wasn't an uptight dr.
We were referred to dr. Freeman in June 2018 after my husband was diagnosed with cbavd. Dr. Freeman had my husband go through blood work, an MRI, and more blood work. He has done a exam on my husband as well. He prescribed my husband Clomid and dostinex. We saw my husband's numbers rise considerably within the past month on the medication. Starting next month I will start birth control to begin the IVF process
The IVF roind was going to be around 16,000. However, our insurance I will now provide coverage. I was quoted around $3,500 for our first cycle including what our insurance will cover. My husband's sperm extraction will be $2,000. Doctor visits are usually around $100 or more.
Jacksonville

I’ve heard nothing but positive things about the Florida Institute For Repeoductive Medicine, and although I’m still in the middle of my treatment, I would have to agree it’s everyone else. I haven’t run into anything yet that would cause me to believe otherwise. ... She [nurse] has been incredible! She makes me feel so welcome and like she actually cares about me. She’s done everything she can to make this experience go as smooth as it can.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
She spent plenty of time with me at each appointment and fully answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Catherine)
She has been incredible! She makes me feel so welcome and like she actually cares about me. She’s done everything she can to make this experience go as smooth as it can.
She was amazing. She made me feel comfortable at each appointment, and she laid everything out in an easy to understand way. She definitely had a plan at each appointment, she was kind, and she remembered little things about my son who joined me at a few appointments. She really knows her stuff, and I trust her advice and recommendations completely!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, and speak up if you have concerns!
I really wanted to do a fresh transfer, especially since we live on the opposite side of the country from the FIRM in Jacksonville, but she felt like we were going to be happier long term if we went for a larger wuantity of embryos and a frozen transfer. I’m glad I trusted her and followed through with that treatment plan, although she did offer to back off the medications and allow us to go for a fresh transfer with less embryos. I used Gonal F (225 units for 13 days) and Menopur (1 vial-75 units for 13 days), along with cetrotide (7 days) and 2 Lupron triggers. The medications were easy to inject, and I ended up with zero side effects. I had 16 mature eggs at my retrieval, and 12 day 2 embryos. I’ll find out the final embryo count in 2 days.
$8,200 for a single IVF cycle (10% military discount included), which included anesthesia, ICSI, and cryo. My medications were about $2,800. My FET will be $3,000 plus the cost of medications (around $300, I believe).
Describe Kari Sproul von Goeben's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We have not done our frozen transfer yet, but I will update once it’s done!
Jacksonville

Everyone I have talked with at FIRM (nurses, staff, Drs etc) have been helpful and knowledgeable. The location of our clinic is about 3 hours away from the MAIN location so you will have to travel for some procedures (IVF, certain IUIs etc). Sometimes it can take a while to be seen so plan accordingly. It took over an hour on a few visits but sometimes I get seen right away... Dr. Duffy (and perhaps all the doctors at FIRM) are more aggressive and more willing to try new treatments/tests than our previous clinic. This is something we need right now
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Duffy remembered after we returned to FIRM after 1.5 years of treatment at another clinic. He is very through and wants to get to the bottom of the issue and you can tell!
The nursing staff at FIRM is much larger than my previous clinic. This makes it a little harder to develop relationships with them but they are all kind and do what they can to help as far as I can tell.
Dr. Duffy was the first Dr. to diagnose my husband with severe male factor infertility. At the time this was a lot to take in and very emotional. I felt he was too blunt (he isn't really) and I wanted a second opinion. We ended up doing IVF at another clinic. Through the years of this journey I've grown a thicker skin and learned blunt is good. We are now back at FIRM and back with Dr. Duffy set up to try IUI using donor (a known to us donor) sperm. After being at 2 clinics I've realized Dr. Duffy (and perhaps all the doctors at FIRM) are more aggressive and more willing to try new treatments/tests than our previous clinic. This is something we need right now... aggression. Dr. Duffy is also very curious and excitable and truly wants to get to the bottom of the problems.
Dr. Duffy is very knowledgeable, kind and curious. He's a bit hyper and can delivery news (sometimes bad news!) in a way that feels lacking in care but it's not. Sometime's he talks a bit fast and can run through the course of action quick and he'll need to repeat again. Just ask him to.
We are about to do our first IUI at FIRM with Dr. Duffy. We are doing a pretty straight forward medicated IUI cycle which I'm in the middle of. We did however put the cycle on hold to get rid of an ovarian cyst that was found during a visit last month. Two weeks of BC did the job and the IUI is on track to happen soon.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
The offices [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] are comfortable enough considering you’re there for an uncomfortable reason. Always clean which is super important!...They are very flexible with scheduling and work to get you in quickly, including weekend appointments...Every time I call to speak with the nurses with a question they are always compassionate and helpful. They always promptly return my calls.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The offices are comfortable enough considering you’re there for an uncomfortable reason. Always clean which is super important! At this clinic you are always seen my your Dr, even on the weekends you’ll see the on call Dr, never a nurse practitioner or nurse. They are very flexible with scheduling and work to get you in quickly, including weekend appointments.
She is so warm & courteous. She knows who I am and our story before she enters the room. I never have to “fill her in” to continue my care. She is genuine & we feel like she is on our team! Rooting for us!
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Von Goeben is such a blessing! We had seen two other providers prior to her and my care was subpar. One of whom even missing underlying conditions and denying testing even though I asked for it. Once I switched to Dr Von Goeben she immediately saw what I saw, Ordered the appropriate tests, explained that she felt like we needed to start at the beginning so that nothing is missed. So we did. She re-evaluated me as if I were a new patient. She looks at me as a whole and not just another person she is trying to get pregnant. She is thorough. Patient. Answers every question with honest answers, making sure you understand everything she’s said. She is empathetic. She genuinely is rooting for us and doing everything in her power to help us get AND STAY pregnant.
Be 100% honest with her. Trust her. Be willing to be patient and follow through with her directions. She really does know what she is talking about.
First thing we did was reevaluate my case. From sonohistograms to a TON of blood work. She also discovered I had an underlying condition that needed to be treated by an Endocrinologist so she referred me to an amazing one. She also referred me to an amazing OBGYN. Once all of the underlying “mess” was streightened out we did a round of birth control to keep my lining thin and allow a cyst to heal. Then a round of 100mg of Clomid for 6 days, followed by a trigger shot & an IUI. Which I am currently in the tww from. Because of my past treatment, she knew I would respond to the Clomid & She feels IUI will work for us since I did get pregnant (ended in loss) with my last IUI. She feels that my underlying undiagnosed Hashimoto’s with Hypothyroidism was the cause of my previous losses... I can’t share my results yet.... because I don’t have them! (Hellos two week wait.)
All diagnostic things are covered by my insurance. And a detailed list of FIRM’s pricing for all services can be found on their website. I believe an IUI CYCLE is around $650 with meds or extra scans.

2 IUI, IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
I have only had to be put on hold one time [at FIRM] I believe because their phones were really busy. The girls up front at great & show compassion as well. The only complaint I have as far as the clinics weakness would be whenever I am waiting on my HCG blood test results, it is always the end of the day before I am called. I always ask my lab to send them over ASAP (as it states on the lab order) but I haven't been called prior to 3:00 pm with these results yet, and anyone who has ever waited around on these results knows how much anxiety it brings with it.
2 IUI, IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Anytime I call, the phone is answered before the 2nd or third ring. I have only had to be put on hold one time I believe because their phones were really busy. The girls up front at great & show compassion as well. The only complaint I have as far as the clinics weakness would be whenever I am waiting on my HCG blood test results, it is always the end of the day before I am called. I always ask my lab to send them over ASAP (as it states on the lab order) but I haven't been called prior to 3:00 pm with these results yet, and anyone who has ever waited around on these results knows how much anxiety it brings with it. The clinic is open 7 days a week (though phones are off during the weekend, but you can be connected to a nurse if needed) so it is really nice to be able to make appointments on Saturday or Sunday if necessary. This clinic does not hesitate and always keeps the ball rolling!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Winslow takes his time to explain most thing pretty detailed, sometimes it requires prompting with questions, but I've never felt like he did not care about me or what was happening to my body. He shows some emotion and isn't like a robot when delivering good or bad news. Dr. Winslow calls personally with an update of how fertilization and embryo growth is looking after an egg retrieval. You can tell that he cares.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
Patty has been nothing but great to us! Patty shows genuine concern & compassion with whatever we are going through. when first getting ready to begin injections, Patty took her time to explain and demonstrate using the needles and syringes. She made sure we understood everything and assured that we could call after hours if we had any questions or concerns. Anytime i speak with Patty on the phone or pass her in the hallway at the office she takes time to ask me how I am doing, and I can tell she really cares & wants to know. I also feel like Patty always remembers my name and recognizes me (which I know can be hard when you see so many people every day). She is great!
How was your experience with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
From the from consultation, I've always liked Dr. Winslow. When first beginning, we did IUI and encouraged us to do multiple rounds but when he saw how devastated we were, he did not hesitate to encourage us and say that we can move on and explain the next steps (IVF). When beginning IVF, Dr. Winslow was very thorough and helped us to fully understand the medications & how to do injections. He even offered to draw a bulls-eye on me to show my husband where to insert the needle. After the egg retrieval, Dr. Winslow called me himself to let me know how many eggs were fertilized. He then called me a couple of days later to let me know that none of the fertilized eggs made it to 5day blasts. One thing I did not like when he called me was that he left me a voice message and delivered this devastating news that way. I understand that his time is valuable and this may would have been his only opportunity to deliver this information, but it was rough listening to it on a voicemail message (it would have been rough hearing it live from him also though too). We went back to Dr. Winslow for a post-ivf consult, he met with my husband and I in his office. Not one time did I feel rushed or like anyone did not care. Dr. Winslow showed true concern and listened to us and helped us through it all. During our second round of ivf we received the same great care as before, luckily this time it ended with better news. Dr. Winslow was just as excited as we were to hear how many eggs were retrieved and how many embryos we ended up with. When getting ready for our transfer, Dr. Winslow advised us on how many embryos he would recommend transferring but ultimately left it up to us whether to do 1 or 2. After receiving a positive pregnancy test, we went in at 6 weeks for our first ultrasound. This showed one strong perfect heartbeat and Dr. Winslow seemed just as thrilled and excited as we were and congratulated us. We returned the next week to confirm everything was looking good, sadly the heartbeat had stopped. Dr. Winslow took his time to look and show us to make sure he was correct, he was. I could tell that he hated delivering this news to us nearly as much as we hated hearing it. I never once felt like he did not care for us as his patients. Dr. Winslow thoroughly explains everything on the ultrasound screen as well as the treatment plan ahead. Dr. Winslow does seem to take a bit longer than usual to insert the ultrasound wand, I assume he is just not wanting to just "jab" it in. We are not complete with our treatment, we still have embryos left to transfer and plan on gearing up for our next one here soon, but I do not regret using Dr. Winslow!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Write down questions prior to appointments so you don't forget what to ask, in case he does not cover everything. And record consults and important conversations with your phone.
Describe the protocols Kevin Winslow used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My first round of ivf for egg retrieval I began with 225 units or Gonal F & 2 vials of Menopur daily. On day 7 I began Cetrotide. On day 9, Dr. Winslow upped my Gonal F to 300 units and I stopped the Gonal F and Menopur on Day 10. I continued the Cetrotide through Day 12 and also did Lupron trigger shot in the PM of Day 12 & AM of Day 13 with the retrieval being on Day 14. This resulted in 6 eggs retrieved & 0 embryos. My second round of IVF for egg retrieval we started right out with 300 units of Gonal F & 2 vials of Menopur, we also added in 53 units of Human Growth Hormone. I began cetrotide on Day 7 again. This time, I continued the Gonal F, Menopur & HGH through day 12. on Day 13 PM and 14 AM I did the Lupron trigger shot with the retrieval being day 15. This resulted in 16 eggs retrieved & 10 embryos frozen. For my transfer, I began taking Endometrin about a week - 2 prior to transfer and I began Progesterone in oil every other day beginning the day before transfer. I continued 2 Endometrin inserted twice daily and Progesterone in oil every other day until we found out the heartbeat stopped (otherwise I would have continued it through week 12
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I am 100% out of pocket, no insurance. All of their fees are listed on their website & are 100% accurate. We chose the single IVF cycle which has a fee of $6900 plus $800 for ICSI and $750 for cyropreservation. All medication, I bought separately through a pharmacy unless I needed some extra on a dy of a visit, then I was able to purchase a vial at the clinic.
Describe Kevin Winslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Winslow educated us on the positives and negatives of transferring 1 embryo vs 2, he ultimately left it up to us to decide.
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

The nursing staff [at FIRM] is always will to take my call when I need it the most. If for some reason they can’t they always return my phone call. They care compassionate and caring. Even when I feel like I call too much or ask too many silly questions they never make me feel that way...the prices are reasonable compared to other clinics I’ve researched. They are very up front with their prices on their website. Our IUI is only 310. Trigger shot was 115 and ultra sound was 135. Also, our consultation initially was 100 but went down to 70 after the third one. I feel comfortable paying these prices and never feel cheated or taken advantage of.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Since we are an lgbt couple we use donor sperm. I do wish I could do the IUI at the office that’s closest to me instead of driving two hours away for the IUI. I understand why they do it this way so it’s not something that turns me away. The two friends that I referred there don’t use donor sperm so they are able to to the IUIs at the closer clinic. Both offices are always very clean and sterile.
Doctor freeman is always upfront and honest with my wife and I. He doesn’t allow room for false hope and we really like that. We are 100 percent self pay and try’s his best to not do anything that’s going to cause extra. He makes us feel as though he really cares. His staff is also amazing because they never get tired of me calling and asking questions.
The nursing staff is always will to take my call when I need it the most. If for some reason they can’t they always return my phone call. They care compassionate and caring. Even when I feel like I call too much or ask too many silly questions they never make me feel that way.
Doctor freeman has and continues to be honest with us. When things unexpectedly happen he always answers our questions and doesn’t fill us with false hope. I feel comfortable with him during our scans and IUIs. I have recommended two of my friends there and they are currently patients of his.
I would let them know that he is honest and blunt. Doesn’t beat around the bush and in this journey that’s something that is needed. He doesn’t give you the feeling of just wanting to take your money and move into the next. He genuinely cares about his patients.
Our consultation was very informative. We asked me questions about my health and then scheduled blood work and an HSG right away. My first IUI was a natural cycle. My second cycle he decided to get me on letrozole due to the first IUI failure. He also monitored me closing and for this IUI he introduced a trigger shot. I didn’t respond as well as he hoped to the meds but we did the second IUI with a trigger shot. Unfortunately that was also a failure. My third IUI was a natural perfect cycle with a trigger but that was also a failure. We are currently taking a small 3 week break and starting back with letrozole for a fourth cycle. I am confident in the choices he has made. He always asks me what I think or how I feel about using the meds. He never assumes I’m ok with it. He’s gives us choices and what the possible out come could be of either choice.
We are self pay so to me the prices are reasonable compared to other clinics I’ve researched. They are very up front with their prices on their website. Our IUI is only 310. Trigger shot was 115 and ultra sound was 135. Also, our consultation initially was 100 but went down to 70 after the third one. I feel comfortable paying these prices and never feel cheated or taken advantage of.
Describe Michael Freeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I have not spoken to dr freeman about this process yet.
Jacksonville

Multiple locations [of FIRM] in Jacksonville is great. I wish the Baptist South office could do more procedures because the parking downtown is not convenient. Reminder calls and calls from billing to let you know what your costs will be prior to the visit, if any, would be really helpful.... 3 cycles was $15,500- meds separate. Frozen transfers are about $2500 each, not including meds... Great staff. Supportive, friendly but also show support and compassion through the process.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Multiple locations in Jacksonville is great. I wish the Baptist South office could do more procedures because the parking downtown is not convenient. Reminder calls and calls from billing to let you know what your costs will be prior to the visit, if any, would be really helpful.
Dr. Duffy takes the time to sit and explain the options, the science, and best and worst case scenario. He has a busy practice but you don’t feel rushed when you are with him. He understands this process is challenging but he is in your corner and is always optimistic despite the presented hurdles.
Dr. Duffy is all around a pleasant person to be around. He acts like your coach and pumps you up to feel confident that you can get a win. When and if things don’t go as planned, he is supportive and compassionate. He works with Boyt my husband and I to help us understand the Science, physiology, and lays out the path to have a successful pregnancy. My first cycle I worked with a few other doctors in the practice and wish that I hadn’t but I didn’t know I had the option to solely request Dr Duffy. He has a special way to help you remain positive when with others you left feeling hopeless.
Do your best to schedule all your appointments With him rather than others in The office. Ivf is a tough journey and you want to go through it with a doctor that is a champion on your side through the entire thing.
I have low AMH/DOR. We went with max doses of Gonal F and Menopure and Stimmed for 14 days, I was a slow responder. We retrieved 5 eggs. 4 blatocysts came from that. 2 transfers, 2 embryos each time both a pregnancy was achieved. The first got all the way to ultrasound to find a miscarriage and the second was a chemical pregnancy. We completed an ERA , awaiting results and currently on meds to grow new eggs. Similar protocol but added HGH.
Describe Daniel Duffy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The max they will transfer is 2. Reason was the increased number of embryos doesn’t substantially increase your chances but absolutely increases chances of multiples and health issues for mom.

IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
FIRM is a large practice with 5 great RE's, you always see an MD for your appointments and they do treatments based on your cycle ( no batch IVF, retrevials or transfers) they do it all everyday and the care is very personalized. Another thing that I love is that most everything is done "in-house" including PGS testing and its all contained on the same floor...She [nurse] always called me back the same day if I left a message and was available to answer questions. The rest of the FIRM staff is also great, the scheduling staff, medical assistants and billing department are friendly, kind and compassionate.
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a large practice with 5 great RE's, you always see an MD for your appointments and they do treatments based on your cycle ( no batch IVF, retrevials or transfers) they do it all everyday and the care is very personalized. Another thing that I love is that most everything is done "in-house" including PGS testing and its all contained on the same floor. The only thing that I wish was that they had slightly better hours. They are open 7:00-4:30 M-F but close for almost 2 hours (12-2) for lunch and staff meetings so you cant get ahold of them during that time.
Dr. Freeman is wonderful, he's both warm and smart. He gives you the facts but in a caring way. When we have spoken on both the phone and with a sit down in his office, he takes the time to answer all your questions or explain it in a different way if you don't understand.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty Josim)
Patty was the nurse that I interacted with the most during my cycle. We did all of our paperwork, injection teaching and she called me with most of my test results. She always called me back the same day if I left a message and was available to answer questions. The rest of the FIRM staff is also great, the scheduling staff, medical assistants and billing department are friendly, kind and compassionate.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Although our 1st round of IVF didn't go the way any of us ( including Dr. Freeman) wanted, we had a consult with him after our FET failed and he was very compassionate. We went through everything and discussed the changes that we would make in hopes of a better outcome all around ( more eggs, better quality) so that we will have more embryos in the next round. We felt very confident in our new plan, but still wanted a little break and he was totally understanding of that and agreed, reassuring me that whenever I'm ready for round 2, so is he!
Don't be afraid to ask tough questions! Dr. Freeman takes on difficult cases and doesn't give up quickly
Our primary diagnosis is PCOS/Unexplained Infertility. All of my anatomic diagnostic tests - HSG, SHG/Mock transfer, and general uterine biopsy all came back great. No blockages, cysts, polyps, fibroids, inflammation or infections. My bloodwork all looked good other then an elevated AMH ( in the 9.0 range) and slightly elevated testosterone and lots of follicles on US lead to the PCOS diagnosis. So we slightly conservative with the protocol to hopefully avoid OHSS. We did Gonal-F (125 units for 6 days and then 175units for 6 days), Menopur (one vialfor 12 days) and Cetrotide ( added in on the 6th day). After 12 days double triggered with 40 units of Lupron ( 24 and 12 hrs before retrevial). We retrieved 13 eggs, but only 6 were mature. At FIRM if you are doing PGS, all eggs must be ICSI'd so we did that for the 6 and only 2 made it to Day 5, we still chose PGS and we got one PGS normal, so the next cycle we did an ERA biopsy to make sure we transferred at the perfect time in hopes of avoiding a failed transfer.
Our single IVF round included monitoring US and bloodwork, egg retrieval, sedation, ICSI, biopsy for PGS, storage of embryos and 1 FET cycle ( 1 US and blood draw, thaw and transfer of embryo and beta blood draw) and it was 11,600.00 ( that also reflects a 10% military discount). -Meds were not included and separate ( approx. 2500.00-3000.00) -we also did an ERA biopsy cycle( approx. 1800.00)
This was a topic that we spoke about at our initial IVF consult, because we decided to do PGS, Dr. Freeman only recommends transferring 1 embryo at a time. Even if we hadn't done PGS, he doesn't recommend transferring multiples at my current age (33). I appreciated his honesty and professional opinion.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological, Unexplained
Patty, my IVF coordinator [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine], was the best thing about my entire experience. She was always there to answer questions and help me find solutions. She kept me going through the darkest of days, and I'll remember her kindness for the rest of my life...I wish there was more transparency and communication with personal medical records - perhaps either through a patient portal or other access. I like to have a lot of information and found it frustrating not to be able to keep up with my treatment plan/records.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Immunological, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a very well-respected clinic with good results and a long track record, and where I live, it's really the only option within driving distance. For the first part of my experience, I regretted not living in a bigger city and having more options and access to research, but after switching doctors and finding the right fit, even if I were to move away, I'd likely still come back for care. It's also convenient with parking and in a good hospital. My experience wasn't all perfect, however. I chose my first doctor in the practice based on location and though I know a lot of people like him, he was not a good fit for me. Were I to do it again, I'd ask more questions of the nurse coordinator upfront about the different physicians' styles and try to determine who I should see. And I'd be more quick to advocate for myself and switch to one that met my needs. Finally, I wish there was more transparency and communication with personal medical records - perhaps either through a patient portal or other access. I like to have a lot of information and found it frustrating not to be able to keep up with my treatment plan/records. After multiple requests since leaving the practice, I was finally able to obtain a copy of my own records and reading through the summary of my initial visit with the first doctor, I found several inaccuracies about my history. It's likely nothing that affected my treatment, but I wish I'd had the chance to correct it. I also wish they had a more informative Facebook page with current articles and links to resources (like resolve.org, for example).
Switching to Dr. Freeman was a real turning point for me and one of the best decisions I made during this entire 3-year process. I'd felt that my previous doctor dismissed my concerns and refused to deviate from a predetermined, one-size-fits-all procedure. Dr. Freeman took time to answer my questions and considered my ideas. I felt heard for the first time at this practice, even if we disagreed. And he didn't act as if my questions were a nuisance, even when I had a lot of them (which was more often than not). When my transfers didn't work, he was willing to change course and worked very hard to find a solution that was right for me. Throughout, I was grateful that he took time to understand my case, my history, and my concerns.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty Jossim)
As grateful as I am to Dr. Freeman, Patty, my IVF coordinator, was the best thing about my entire experience. She was always there to answer questions and help me find solutions. She kept me going through the darkest of days, and I'll remember her kindness for the rest of my life. I know I'm not alone in my gratitude, but it's such a personal thing - I wouldn't be having a baby without her help - that I'll always be thankful for her. The rest of the clinic staff - from the nurses to the assistants and front desk - were also very kind. Hearing how happy they all were when I finally, finally, finally got pregnant was such a joy - and a demonstration of how supportive they were throughout. And while it's easy to remember how people treat you in happy moments, there's a lot of grief that goes into this process. I am most grateful for their compassion during those difficult times.
I switched to Dr. Freeman after about 1 1/2 years with another doctor in the same practice, who was not a good fit for me. The nurses recommended Dr. Freeman when I requested a change, and I'm grateful I took their advice. (For what it's worth, he seems to be genuinely liked and respected by the clinic staff.) I've read many posts describing 'miracle babies' and while I appreciate the idea, I don't think this pregnancy (now in my second trimester!) happened by luck or accident. It was the result of good medicine and a skilled physician who worked hard to ensure a positive outcome. Dr. Freeman was open to innovation and new ideas, willing to change course, and put in time and effort to devising the best, most personalized treatment for me. Most importantly, he treated me with respect, kindness, and, often, humor (much appreciated during what can be a very trying time). Whereas I felt like some other doctors can get hung up on their title and dr/patient dynamic, he was more approachable. He provided me the detailed information I asked for and didn't talk down to me. That is what I am most grateful for - if my pregnancy hadn't happened, I would have been devastated, but I still would have been grateful to have been treated with such compassion. Given how gut-wrenching and humiliating this infertility journey can be, I can't emphasize enough how much his respect and kindness meant.
Throughout this entire process, I learned how to be my own advocate, and that helped me get to a better result. Come prepared; ask plenty of questions and share your concerns. Understandably, the doctors are very busy, but in my experience, Dr. Freeman will take time for you. For me, it helped to do research ahead of time and bring my questions to the visit. Also, I found my nurse coordinator to be a great resource and liaison.
By the time I switched to Dr. Freeman, I'd already undergone several IUIs, an egg retrieval, and several frozen embryo transfers with another doctor. During my first visit, he diagnosed my uterine septum (which my previous dr had said wasn't an issue) and later removed it successfully - as someone who has had multiple miscarriages, I'm relieved and grateful to have that obstacle removed. He performed an ERA test and recommended, for the first time, a battery of blood tests that indicated a MTHFR mutation, for which he prescribed corrective medication. Following these procedures, Dr. Freeman did my fourth FET with two embryos. While we disagreed on whether to transfer one or two, his advice was sound and he was respectful of my decision. Unfortunately, that transfer wasn't successful, and I was devastated. We met to discuss, and I will be forever grateful for his compassion during a very difficult time. He listened to my concerns and though he didn't profess to have all of the answers, came up with several new ideas for the next transfer (my last remaining euploid embryo). He also retested my AMH level to help me decide whether or not to proceed with another FET or go into another egg retrieval. Having had so many prior losses and disappointments, I was skeptical, but I trusted that he was trying to do the right thing and figured it was worth a shot. To my surprise, it worked. The magic formula turned out to be a 'natural cycle' FET, meaning a transfer timed to my body's own ovulation and without estrogen supplementation and only minimal progesterone. He also prescribed steroids to ward off any immune issues and blood thinners (baby aspirin and Lovenox injections). While I don't necessarily have a diagnosed immune or clotting issue, I appreciated his willingness to deviate from my previous regimen. As he said at one point, "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, let's treat it as one." I don't think I would have been able to try something like this with the other physician, and I wouldn't have gotten this outcome if I hadn't switched to Dr. Freeman. My regret is that I didn't change sooner- I can't help but wonder how much heartache I could have avoided if I did. Following my positive pregnancy test, I've remained very anxious given past experience and loss. He was understanding during each visit, and I appreciated his patience and candid feedback. I've since transferred to an OB, but if everything goes well, I hope to come back for a future cycle.
Unfortunately my insurance won't pay for anything infertility-related, so I had to finance my egg retrieval. Initial costs were $18K- $15,000 for FIRM plus $3,000 for stimulation medication during the ER. That included PGS-testing, which as a patient in my late 30's, I'm very glad I did. I think that also included the fee for my first transfer, but I can't remember. Each subsequent FETs cost $3,000 plus $1000+ in medications each cycle and about $100/month in medications to treat my MTHFR condition (also not covered by insurance, even once I had a confirmed pregnancy). I also had to pay out of pocket for my ERA test (can't remember the exact costs, but I believe it was close to $1,000) and anesthesia related to my septum removal ($500-ish?) and other per-visit costs. This was after my IUIs, which I think ran about $800-1,000 each (but it's been a while). Co-pays once I had a confirmed pregnancy were generally about $50, depending on other tests. All in all, a very expensive couple of years - it's hard to budget just based on the base price list on the website, because (at least in my experience) there were a lot of extras that added up quickly. I don't think FIRM was necessarily much different than other clinics, but lack of insurance coverage for infertility is something that needs to be addressed nationally.
He strongly advocated for a single transfer vs. two, but let me make the decision in the end. At that point, it was my fourth transfer overall and given the emotional and financial toll, I wanted to be more aggressive. I listened to his arguments (which were certainly valid and based on good medicine) and did agonize over the right thing to do. When I decided to transfer two, he didn't try to shame me or make me feel like a bad person. Again, I felt much more respected than in previous situations. In the end, however, that particular transfer wasn't successful and I only had one embryo left for my final transfer - and that was the one that stuck.
Jacksonville

I did a donor embryo cycle [with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. It was around $5200 for everything including transfer. I believe the regular cycles are about $8200 not including medicine...The only negative is that billing can be really hard to get ahold of. There were a few times I called and never received a call back from billing, even days later. As far as strengths, they are usually on time. Nurses are nice. Clinic is clean.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
He is very caring, warm, and patient. He is always willing to explain and answer questions and does not rush through the appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma)
My nurse is Emma. She is very warm and caring. She definitely shows compassion when tough things happen. Instead of acting cold she acts like she understands and feels what I am going through. She emails or calls back fairly quickly.
Dr. Freeman is very warm and patient. He is willing to answer questions and try new things if you ask. He understands and has looked into the most recent studies and knows what is new, does not only go by the old ways of doing things. He will take his time with the appointment.
Ask questions and make sure you know what your plan is.
Dr. Freeman decided to try a cervical dilatation on me before transfer. My other clinics had never done this or mentioned it. After several very difficult iuis, transfers, mock transfers etc I was shocked that this was even an option to try. I still have not had my transfer so not sure if it will help but it was something that was a definite good idea when my last transfer took 3 hours with another clinic.
I did a donor embryo cycle. It was around $5200 for everything including transfer. I believe the regular cycles are about $8200 not including medicine.
I am on my 3rd transfer and he is willing to let me try 2 embryos since 1 has not worked.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
The billing specialists [FIRM] sometimes take a while to get back to you, but they are nice. The front desk personnel have always been kind. The nurses begin to know you by name, which really shows their customer service commitment... The nurses were very nice, many of them had trouble drawing my blood, and there were only a few that could get it the first time around, but overall they were good... I had insurance for the first few treatments so I was quoted about 3,000 per cycle, not including medicine
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The billing specialists sometimes take a while to get back to you, but they are nice. The front desk personnel have always been kind. The nurses begin to know you by name, which really shows their customer service commitment
Dr. Winslow is very knowledgeable, but bedside manners are not a thing that he possesses at all. He is so forward and straight to the point that it totally rubbed my husband the wrong way, and one time i had to have a conversation with him about backing off a little
He is the head doctor of the FIRM, so he has a wealth of knowledge, and I trusted him in that area, and stuck with him because i wanted the best. But as far as bedside manners or compassion, that is not something he possesses, so if you need someone that will kindly walk you through your process and caringly address your needs, he isn’t the doctor for you.
If you want the most knowledgeable and experienced doctor in the practice and you don’t care about the delivery of information than Winslow is the best option. If you do care, and you need someone who can be patient and compassionate, he isn’t the doctor for you
I was on maximum doses for their office, which was 300 follistim, 150 menopur each cycle. He never switched it up, which sometimes gave me question, but i trusted that maximum dowsed was what my body needed. The first time he had me on BC pills too long and i never made it to retrieval. The second time we did no BC, 2 eggs were retrieved 1 made it to transfer but didn’t stick. The third time I was on BC for only 2 wks, 7 eggs were retrieved, 6 mature and frozen, when thawed and fertilized 4 fertilized, But none made it to embryos and I had nothing to transfer

Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
The downtown location [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is “nicer”- sometimes you will experience a longer than expected wait before your appointment...The clinic is always clean and brightly colored with big comfy couches while you wait. I’ve also visited the south side office many times and it’s great as well. It’s smaller and less “plush” as are most satellite clinics. I’ve never had a negative with either office.
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The downtown location is “nicer”- sometimes you will experience a longer than expected wait before your appointment, but that is to be expected with fertility treatments. The clinic is always clean and brightly colored with big comfy couches while you wait. I’ve also visited the south side office many times and it’s great as well. It’s smaller and less “plush” as are most satellite clinics. I’ve never had a negative with either office.
At FIRM we have more contact with the dr’s than the nurses which is great. Every time I call in I speak with a nurse- and they have always been polite & helpful. The nurse that called with pregnancy test results is always compassionate & kind with good or bad news.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Duffy is a generally kind man that is knowledgeable about his profession. On most Occassions I feel he is slightly rushed, however, he listens to my concerns as long as I’m forward enough to stop him from leaving. He is the 2nd Dr I’ve seen at this clinic, and while he is a vast improvement from my 1st experience, sometimes I feel like he is board or complacent with my treatment. Overall, I choose to continue to see him because I have faith in his knowledge & we did get pregnant once under his care... it ended in loss.... but we are getting ready to try again.
Ask him to explain what he is telling you if you don’t understand... sometimes it’s like he forgets to explain things where anyone could understand them- but answers questions well. Don’t be too timid.
I began treatment with metformin and timed intercourse. We conceived and experienced our 1st loss. Then we did Clomid 50mg cd5-9 with Time Intercourse again. Upped Clomid to 100mg cd 3-9 + IUI. Upped Clomid to 150mg cd3-9 + IUI, positive pregnancy test & beta. Then miscarriage. We decided to take a break trying after this loss.
My insurance pays for anything diagnostic - my copay is $40. Any fertility treatment is not covered, $125 for trigger shot, $30 for Clomid per cycle, $165 for hcg blood draws, I’m unsure how much each baseline and follicle check u/s was- I believe $130. IUI was $390 plus all the other costs mentioned above.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Everyone I've met thus far [at FL Institute for Repro Med- Jax] has been very warm and compassionate. The nurses are quick to respond if you call and are very helpful. The only minor issue I've had is in contacting the billing department. At times, it can take several days for them to contact you back. Otherwise, I've had no negative experiences with this clinic... IUI ~ $700 IVF ~ $9000 - $25000 We are choosing to do the 3 cycle IVF package at $18,000 and PGS testing at around $4000.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I've met thus far has been very warm and compassionate. The nurses are quick to respond if you call and are very helpful. The only minor issue I've had is in contacting the billing department. At times, it can take several days for them to contact you back. Otherwise, I've had no negative experiences with this clinic.
Dr. Duffy has been able to keep things as personal as possible and has maintained a warm bedside manner.
Dr. Duffy is an extremely educated RE who is also extremely compassionate and warm. As a more sensitive individual, I needed a RE with a warmer bedside manner and I believe I've found that with Dr. Duffy. I always feel as though he has enough time to answer any and all of my questions and I never feel rushed. He is always very positive about the course of treatment, which I appreciate.
Be sure to prepare your questions in advanced. While he does a decent job educating you about the course of treatment you will likely have other questions that he won't address unless you bring them up.
I'm still under treatment but Dr. Duffy reviewed my records from my OB and determined I had unexplained infertility. My husband already had a SA so he sent me for more Bloodwork. Afterwords he wanted to do an IUI (I had two previously with my OB). My husband and I felt like another was a waste of time so we asked to go straight to IVF and Dr. Duffy agreed. We are about to start medication for IVF and hoping all goes well!
Jacksonville

The FIRM has several different locations to accommodate your location. The only issue is that Jacksonville is the only place for the fertility treatments. The Tallahassee location is super nice and very clean! The Jacksonville downtown was in a hospital setting but was still nice but a little older! The FIRM has many strengths but I think the most important for my experience is they all make you feel super comfortable and also are very hopeful for you and your process.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
From the front desk to the back.. everyone made you feel comfortable and that they really cared about your struggles. Dr. Winslow also ask personal questions and usually remembers all the details about your life!
They are amazing! They also made me feel so comfortable. They also made me feel like my questions were never not heard or dumb! They make the experience so much better and every appointment seem like it matters!
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Kevin Winslow was very knowledgeable about the dreaded fertility experience and treatment options. He also was really straight forward and never sugar coated anything but also showed compassion to you and your situation. He was clear on the treatment and gave you good insight on what to expect. I felt very comfortable but sometimes would get overwhelmed and feel like I couldn’t and didn’t know what questions to ask!
That he is amazing at what he does and how he does it but to go in with a list of questions and thoughts and ask before you leave!
Dr. Winslow recommended as our first treatment using fertility medication along with IUI. We used clomid and then had IUI done. We did not get pregnant that month. After the failed IUI, Dr. winslow recommended doing another round of IUI with clomid. We used the clomid but didn’t do the IUI that month. We didn’t get pregnant that next month with timed intercourse. He also said that if male factor was present that we would need to do IVF or if 3 rounds of IUI didn’t work then IVF would be the best treatment.
The initial consult with Dr. Winslow was 100. That appointment we just sat down and talked about our issues and what we had already done. He also gave us the treatment options and suggestions at the consult. The ultrasounds were 125 dollars each time. The analysis was roughly 85. The trigger shot was roughly 120. The IUI procedure was 390.
None yet.
Jacksonville

I would recommend him and the FIRM to anybody going through this process. I like that you see a doctor during every visit and they really try to keep you with the same doctor every time.... Strengths: No batch cycling. Your plan is tailored specifically to you and how the body is progressing. You see a doctor every time They try very hard to keep you with the same doctor but if for any reason they cannot you know upfront. They treat you like a person and not just a number. I have never felt rushed and all of my questions have been answered quickly and openly.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: No batch cycling. Your plan is tailored specifically to you and how the body is progressing. You see a doctor every time They try very hard to keep you with the same doctor but if for any reason they cannot you know upfront. They treat you like a person and not just a number. I have never felt rushed and all of my questions have been answered quickly and openly. Negative: Receiving return calls from billing when you have a question.
I tried for over a year with Brown Fertility to get pregnant. Although I really like Dr. Brown, I did not feel like his process best fit my needs. The process at the FIRM is much more relaxed and tailored to you and your body’s cycle. Dr. Freeman has been wonderful. He is upfront and honest and I truly feel like he is doing everything possible for me to have a successful pregnancy. I wish I had come to him much sooner in this process.
Nursing staff is wonderful. They answered all of the questions that I had. Even when I forgot to ask a question while I was in the office I called and if they were unavailable they returned my call very quickly. Many times in less than an hour.
I have been on this journey for awhile but have only been seeing Dr. Freeman for a short time. My experience has been wonderful. I would recommend him and the FIRM to anybody going through this process. I like that you see a doctor during every visit and they really try to keep you with the same doctor every time. Dr. Freeman has never made me feel rushed and always answered my questions openly and honestly. I feel like I’m him only patient although I know he has many.
He is wonderful
We tried at first to do a natural FET cycle because I was having so many bad reactions to the medications From trying previously with another doctor. And I was just exhausted and mentally and emotionally drained. Do natural cycle did not work because I ovulated too early. So we went on to a medicated FET cycle. I had blood work done almost every time I came in the office. I Had 2 appointments before each cycle. I just did my first FET with Dr. Freeman.
Our insurance does not cover fertility treatments so we have had to pay for all treatments out of pocket. The estimated cost are: $3000 for FET, $200-300 appointment visit. $700 for trial transfer, Cost for Medications: $2000
I wanted to transferred to embryos and Dr. Freeman agreed
Jacksonville

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
[The nurses at FIRM are] Warm friendly and caring! They even remember where my 1 good vein is!...They even will open on the weekend d but the appointment has to be scheduled by Friday...I wish they had more options available at all their clinics, for instance retrieval is only done at the downtown location in Jacksonville. Also I wish they'd get newer or more upgraded ultrasound machines. They are all highly trained and work as a team!
European, East Asian
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
She always hugs me when she sees me and gives a genuine smile. She is genuinely interested and concerned about every detail
Warm friendly and caring! They even remember where my 1 good vein is!
Friendly, warm, kind, and knowledgeable. Never rushes you or the appointment, takes the time to think about the questions before answering. Actually thinks about you while you aren't in front of her and will reach out to colleagues if she feels the need.
Tell her all of your concerns so she can address them and help guide you through the process. Don't feel stupid for asking questions or for her to clarify.
First went to letrozole since I was already on that protocol, got pregnant right away, miscarried. So continued with letrozole for a while. Then switched to clomid because it tends to work better for pcos patients and gradually increased dosage, tried IUI and timed intercourse during this time about 18-24 mos. Conceived and miscarried again and had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured had to have a tube removed. Changed course to IVF due to ectopic pregnancy and 1 tube. Have done 2 rounds of IVF stimulation with menopur, gonal f, and Ovidrel trigger shot and 2nd round with menopur, clomid, and hgh, also with an Ovidrel or novarel trigger.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Annual HIV check spouses insurance didn't cover $1200, nurse anesthetists $250, pgt testing and freezing $3000, plus medications, hgh not cover $1500
Jacksonville

The costs [at FIRM] are actually reasonable from what I've seen other practices charge. They have several IVF options to help with most budgets. They were able to bill my insurance for most of our screening and that helped with the overall cost associated with fertility treatment...There are five doctors in the clinic and while you will have a primary you may see any or all of them in the course of treatment. From my experience they are all exceptional practitioners and take pride in helping have over 14,000 babies born.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Erb took the time to explain things to myself and my husband. She was sure to always use my preferred name was thorough and always had a kind smile. She was encouraging and has let me sit in her office and cry on more than one occasion. She is always sure to explain things to us in ways that we can understand and answers all of our questions thoroughly and honestly.
Dr. Erb was able to tailor our treatment to my specific needs. She made sure that we were confident with the course that we were taking. She was always sure to explain things without being to clinical. She made me feel like I was in control of my infertility treatment and offered us options. She was very thorough and has performed all of my ultrasounds, and my HSG.
Be prepared to have a large battery of tests run first before you begin treatment. She is very thorough and does not like to start until all of your results have come in to give a clearer picture of what you are up against. She ordered a full panel of blood work, recommended a genetic screening, HSG, and full semen analysis before we began any medication or fertility treatment. This can cause the process to take longer to start but does avoid set backs while under treatment.
The costs are actually reasonable from what I've seen other practices charge. They have several IVF options to help with most budgets. They were able to bill my insurance for most of our screening and that helped with the overall cost associated with fertility treatment.
Jacksonville

The nursing staff and ivf coordinator [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were all very knowledgeable and friendly and helpful. They always answered all my questions and provided reassurance along the way...Each iui was around $800. Our ivf was around $12,000 including medications...The doctors do rotate so you don’t see the same doctor every time. We were always treated well and with care and compassion. Overall we had a great experience!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall I had a good experience at the FIRM. The doctors do rotate so you don’t see the same doctor every time. We were always treated well and with care and compassion. Overall we had a great experience!
Overall I felt like a human. He is very quick with his appointments but he doesn’t go in to a lot of detail. So it’s hard to get questions answered because he’s so quick. I always felt like there was more he could have explained, more reassurance he could have given. Generally speaking he knew who I was and information about me. I grew to learn that he doesn’t go in to details unless it’s necessary. He is a nice doctor and is very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
The nursing staff and ivf coordinator were all very knowledgeable and friendly and helpful. They always answered all my questions and provided reassurance along the way.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He’s a very nice and knowledgeable doctor. He does show compassion and treats each patient with respect and care. He doesn’t go in to a lot of details explaining things. He only explains what you need to know. He’s always on time, I never had to wait for him. He’s very quick with his appointments which is good but also hard to get questions answered.
Let him know ahead of time you have questions and just know if he’s short or doesn’t go in to a lot of detail he isn’t blowing you off. He only goes in to detail about what you really need to know. He doesn’t want you to worry about things you don’t need to worry about. He is very quick and it’s not him being short. He is just very concise in his appointments.
We started with two rounds of letrozole with TI. Our third round we saw a different doctor and he increased our dose to 7.5 mg and I ended up producing too many eggs so the cycle was cancelled. The next cycle we went back to the 5 mg dose and did our first iui and it didn’t work. The second iui we changed to clomid and it again resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Winslow explained usually if things are going to work, they would by now so he encouraged us to move to ivf. We did gonal-f and menopur and added in cetrotide. We triggered with Lupron and they retrieved 9 eggs. 2 fertilized, 2 went to blast to be frozen and we just transferred those two blastocysts and we are currently in the tww!
Each iui was around $800. Our ivf was around $12,000 including medications.
Our doctor strongly encouraged us to only transfer one embryo but we felt very strongly about transferring both so he allowed it. He explained the risks associated and we understood and still felt comfortable moving forward.
Jacksonville

My IVF [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was $6000 for ultrasound monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, and transfer. On top of that we had to pay extra for the anesthesia and ICSI...As far as strengths the staff are all very nice and welcoming. For the most part they worked with my schedule for appointments and made it easier to be seen. As far as weaknesses, the waits were usually very long.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
As far as strengths the staff are all very nice and welcoming. For the most part they worked with my schedule for appointments and made it easier to be seen. As far as weaknesses, the waits were usually very long. The clinic was always freezing and waiting forever in an ice cold waiting room was not easy.
I sometimes felt like it was all about money. They refused to test me for things I thought would help but did me explanations as to why. I always had my questions answered but sometimes felt rushed. I did feel like a human for the most part as my doctor did hug me after my failed cycle and could feel my pain
The nurses were nice but sometimes it was hard to get ahold of them. However they always got back to me. I didn't have a nurse I wasn't happy with
Dr. Von Goeben was always welcoming and kind. Always smiled and seemed to care. Sometimes I felt like she didn't listen what I wanted or felt like I needed though. She would disagree with me a lot on testing I wanted done. She did however always explain why and talk to me about it all. She listened to what I had to say and while not always agreeing, she gave me a reason why. It meant a lot that she always gave me hugs especially after my failed embryo transfer. She was somewhat comforting and maybe could somewhat relate to what I was going through. Overall she is a very kind person and I think she does want to help me become a mom
Don't be afraid to speak up for what you want
For my IUI's I was on Clomid which all failed. I don't remember much from those cycles. For my IVF I was taking Gonal F and Menopur. I believe I was on 300 of Gonal and 150 of Menopur. Then Cetrotide was added. Unfortunately I had to stay on the Gonal and Menopur a little longer than normal because my follicles were not exactly where they wanted them. I took the Lupron trigger shot and they retrieved 22 eggs. Of those 22, 19 were mature and fertilized with ICSI. Only 9 made it to biopsy and freeze and of this 9 PGS tested embryos, 7 were normal. Dr. Von Goeben was unable to do my actual retrieval. I then had a polypectomy done for multiple polyps. Then I was placed on birth control for about 2 weeks. After stopping that, I started taking estradiol 1 mg tabs, 3 in the morning and 3 at night (worked up to that). I had my day 13 scan and my lining was not thick enough. So she extended my estrogen by a week. After the next scan my lining was good and was told to start Progesterone supp. I took those for 6 days and on the 6th day had my embryo transfer. My transfer went very smoothly. Unfortunately it failed.
Everything was out of pocket. My IUI's were each over $700 and that didn't include the $50 bottle of Clomid for each cycle. My IVF was $6000 for ultrasound monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, and transfer. On top of that we had to pay extra for the anesthesia and ICSI. Also the medications which were almost $5,000. Then the PGS testing which was $2,000 for the biopsy paid to the clinic and over $1,700 for the testing paid to the lab.
My doctor strongly insists only 1 embryo be transferred for my age because of the risk of multiples. I asked after my failed transfer of 1 about doing 2 for the next one and she still recommends 1

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
I LOVE the fact that the clinic has multiple offices in the north Florida region and the doctors travel on different days to the different offices.... I only had to go to Jacksonville for retrievals, transfers, and surgeries. The clinic is so beautiful and always clean. Everything is well organized and coordinated.... The nursing staff was respectful and I like you feel like a family when you go there.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I LOVE the fact that the clinic has multiple offices in the north Florida region and the doctors travel on different days to the different offices so it saves me the 2 1/2 hour drive to the main office. I only had to go to Jacksonville for retrievals, transfers, and surgeries. The clinic is so beautiful and always clean. Everything is well organized and coordinated.
From the first time I started seeing Dr. Duffy he has always made my husband and I feel like a human. He always remembered our names and our situation. he would sit for a long time and talk to us explaining everything. I remember my first HSG, it was painful because I also had Asherman syndrome and he had a difficult time getting into the cervix and I was literally shaking. He sat up and held my hands and helped me relax then he decided to stop prescribed me some anxiety medicine and told me to call my husband so he can join me, go pick up the meds and come back and I will be the last patient and he will stay as long as needed. I came back and was able to continue with the procedure as I was more relaxed and had my husband at my bedside.
The practice has multiple locations to accommodate the north Florida region due to a lack of RE's in the area. I had an opportunity to visit many of the locations and meet with many of the nurses and they were all very nice, compassionate, helpful, knowledgeable. The nursing staff was respectful and I like you feel like a family when you go there. With such a large practice I like the fact that they always remembered me and my husband name when we would see them in the halls or when they would greet us when we first walk in. The only negative is that while waiting for your appointment I believe due to the thin walls you can hear their conversations many times,
Dr. Duffy is one of the best doctors I have seen. He is very compassionate and encouraging. I started seeing him the third year into my journey and I was a nervous wreck and depressed. He was so calming and he believed in me even when I didn't believe in my own journey. I remember after my HSG when It was discovered that I had Ashermans syndrome and my cervix was blocked he explained everything with pictures and explained exactly what will need to be done. He also told us that my case was difficult but he will give it his all. He consulted with one of his other partners and decided that they would do my surgery together and it was a success. After the surgery I was so genuinely happy for us and being able to move on to our first IVF cycle. During my first cycle h again explained everything in detail and listened to all my concerns during the process and always addressed all my list of questions with no hesitation. I never felt rushed. One thing that some may see as a negative but i don't mind is the wait time but that's because he never rushes his patients and he will talk to you and explain every single detail with pictures and videos and answer all your questions do appointments are never 10 minutes. Due to scheduling he was unable to do my retrieval but he called me the next day to check on but he was able to do my transfer. I had a positive pregnancy test but a few weeks later I had a miscarriage. After 4 years of trying, stage IV endometriosis, uterine fibroids I was completely devastated. I was depressed and it was hard but he continued to be positive and together we discussed different options and new protocol. Before my next cycle he wanted to repeat the HSG in which was discovered that I have hydrosalpinx in both tubes... and yet here we are another setback. Again he sat with us for a complete hour discussing different options until we made a decision. Although I am still in my TTC journey I would recommend Dr. Duffy to everyone. He listens to his patients and value your input and EXPLAINS EVERYTHING! He is calm and so compassionate and excellent bedside manner. I never leave an appointment feeling confuse about anything.
The journey is not easy but he makes it less intimidating. He truly cares about all his patients and completely invest his time and effort in you and works hard to help you reach your goal of becoming parents. Don't be afraid to ask questions because he answers them.
I will try my best to remember dosages. I was on birth control for a few weeks then I stimmed with Gonal F (I believe 600) and menopur 75, halfway through I added cetrotide (don't remember the dose) During retrieval 9 eggs were retrieved and 7 were fertilized from left ovary. Due to my severe endometriosis my right ovary was severely adhered to the back of my uterus and none of the eggs were able to be retrieved, total disappointment. (Plan to address this issue during my next surgery procedure along with the blocked tubes). 4 made it to day 5 for freezing and sent for PGS testing. only 1 came back normal (Heartbreak!!!) changes that will be made for next cycle will be adding growth hormone due to poor egg quality. Preparing for transfer I remember being on endometrin supp. Positive pregnancy test but low beta although doubling. The day before my first ultrasound I started bleeding.
I do not remember exactly but the cycle was $6,900 and transfer was $2,500
My doctor prefer and recommends single embryo transfers but said we can possibly transfer 2 next time. The office recommends one at a time though.

Endometriosis, PCOS
The Firm is a fantastic clinic. We loved the location and the nice clean office space. Also, they have valet parking which helps tremendously when you are running late for a transfer!! The financial department had trouble with getting back to us a couple of times but it was easily handled when we arrived. We have visited their Jacksonville office and their Tallahassee office both are wonderful.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Freeman saw me as a statistic. I felt as if I was a medical mystery and that my miscarriages were not that big of a deal. It was a painful experience.
The nurses were the best part of the experience. Each one showed compassion and knowledge for any question I had.
The best way to explain our experience with Dr. Freeman is less than ideal. On our follow up appointment from our transfer to verify pregnancy, he walked in and automatically said I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Why? We had a positive pregnancy test, blood tests were doubling every week and we had transferred two high grades embryos. I ignored the comment and he proceeded with the ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a sac and a small baby with a faint heartbeat. He still said he had seen enough of these that it wasn’t going to last and I needed to terminate. My husband and I left in tears and completely devastated. This was our 4th pregnancy and another loss. We came home and saw my OB/GYN who saw us through 8 weeks of trying to keep this pregnancy viable. I understand that Dr. Freeman was right in his assessment but when you are working with a woman who has seen multiple losses and is trying to hold on to any chance of hope, please have some compassion.
He’s extremely smart but know that he does not have a warm bed side manner. Just have thick skin when dealing with him.
I was on so many different hormones I do not remember the exact dosages.
The entire IVF process including fertility medications was $22,500.
Dr. Freeman did not have a preference.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
I found this clinic to be very timely. Only a handful of times did I have to wait longer than expected.... The nursing staff at the FIRM is absolutely amazing. They cheer with you when the news is good and they are so disappointed when it isn't either. Since we are based in South Georgia, we had two primary nurses - one in Jacksonville (where the procedures happened) and one in Tallahassee (where we had our usual check up scans).
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I found this clinic to be very timely. Only a handful of times did I have to wait longer than expected. As a South Georgia patient having to commute, sometimes the weekend appointments to Jacksonville got tiring as it would monopolize the whole weekend. We had to cancel plans a few times because an early Sunday appointment would throw things for a loop. They would try and work with us as best they could, but if you are commuting, be prepared to be flexible.
At the FIRM, I definitely felt like a human. Dr. Winslow never made me feel like a number; he knew our case and always gave us a practical plan. You always see a FIRM doctor at every appointment, even if Dr. Winslow was unavailable. The nursing staff is AMAZING. They know who you are and know you by name. They are quick to call back and talk through any concerns or questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mandy in Jacksonville, Jamie in Tallahassee)
The nursing staff at the FIRM is absolutely amazing. They cheer with you when the news is good and they are so disappointed when it isn't either. Since we are based in South Georgia, we had two primary nurses - one in Jacksonville (where the procedures happened) and one in Tallahassee (where we had our usual check up scans). The head nurse Patty is so wonderful. They really take the time to explain everything to you and talk through any concerns or questions. After our second retrieval our sweet Tallahassee nurse Jamie called me to celebrate our 17 after she heard how it went! I cried leaving them the day of our last appointment.
We loved our experience with Dr. Winslow. He is a straightforward person, but my husband and I are too, so we all meshed well. Bedside manner wasn't hugely important to me compared to knowledge of our situation and a plan of attack. I liked that he has a practical nature and a way of explaining things to us that was easy to understand. I would bring in questions to our appointments when I had them, and he always took the time to answer any of my concerns.
If you have questions, write them down and bring to your appointment. He will take the time to answer them!
We came to the FIRM and Dr. Winslow after having a miscarriage and extremely irregular cycles post miscarriage. It had almost taken a year to become pregnant, so the blow was a hard one, and then not being able to time anything after was super frustrating. Dr. Winslow first suggested we try timed cycles with assisted with Letrozole. I had to be put on a higher dosage of Letrozole as I wasn't responding as much as he would have liked - we tried this for three cycles before moving onto IUI using Letrozole. This resulted in a negative test, but we wanted to try it one more time. At the egg follicle check before planning the second IUI appointment, we learned I had stopped responding to the Letrozole. This is when we decided to move forward with IVF. I was 32 at the time and my AMH level came back .13, signaling to the doctors that I would be put on maximum dosages of the medication as I was would likely be a "poor responder." It was the antagonist protocol, using Gonal F, menapur and centritide, triggered with HCG. I went for 12 days and the cycle resulted in 5 embryos. Two made it to the blastocyst stage, and we opted to PGS screen them. One came back abnormal and one came back no DNA detected, meaning they didn't get a good enough sample to make the call. Dr. Winslow called to give us the less-than thrilling news and said we could transfer the blank embryo or we should consider doing a second cycle if we wanted more than one child, but he stressed both options were a good decision. We opted to do a second cycle after much thought (and prayers). Same protocol, same maximum dosage, but triggered with a Lupron + HCG mix. I also went the full 14 days and added Vitamin D in addition to my prenatals. This resulted in 17 eggs, and 7 made it to the blast stage! We were thrilled - and shocked! 4 came back normal, one no DNA, and two abnormal. We transferred 1 and I am currently expecting.
All in - including continuous travel to Jacksonville and Tallahaseee - we came in a bit over $40k for the two cycles, medication, PGS testing, embryo transfer, gas, hotel stay, etc. Because of my "poor responder" characteristic, this meant that I had to be on the max dosage of all medications and I was on them for a longer period of time. The medication expense what really added up for us. We got a tiny discount in medication but not much. Gonal F pens were about $800 a pop and I would go through 1 pen in 3 days, where as some women can extend that for 6. We hadn't planned on a second cycle, so our savings were about wiped out. It was worth it - but stressful.
We had been told for patients that opt to PGS screen, Dr. Winslow really prefers to only transfer 1 genetically normal embryo if the mother is under a certain age. We wanted to do whatever he thought was our best chance for success. He preferred us to do one. And it took!

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
We have always had a pleasant experience with FIRM. They are very responsive when it comes to making appointments and helping you along the way during each of your appointments...Most of the nurses I have dealt with were amazing. They all helped without a hesitation and if I had a question that they didn't know they answer to they quickly found it out for me...Each IUI cycle $800ish...they gave me a hcg shot(unsure of brand since they did in office
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Duffy is absolutely amazing. Every time we have seen him he remembers the tiniest details and makes you feel like you actually matter.
Dr. Duffy is amazing. He makes sure you completely understand everything that needs to be done, from the first appointment where he breaks down the whole reproductive process to every detail of receiving a IUI. He makes you feel like you are more than just a number and that he is there 100% to make sure you get pregnant successfully.
Be patient, have faith and pray a lot!
1st round of IUI: clomid 50 mg days 3-8 of my cycle. On day 12 had an ultrasound and then did Orvidrel injection on day 15 because the follicles weren't measuring to the maturity that Dr. Duffy wanted them. On day 16 we went in for IUI. Resulted in a chemical miscarriage. 2nd round of IUI: clomid 100mg days 3-8, went in for ultrasound on day 12 and the follicles were only half the size the needed to be, 3more days of clomid 150mg. Went in again on day 19 and they were to maturity they needed so they gave me a hcg shot(unsure of brand since they did in office) and we went back on day 20 for IUI. Resulted in a negative pregnancy.
Surgery $1500 Each IUI cycle $800ish
Jacksonville

Strengths [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]: very organized; open 24/7/365; early morning appointments so that monitoring can be done with minimal effect on work; compassionate physicians, nurses, and staff. Weaknesses: none that I can think of at this time...I was able to see him [Dr. Kevin Winslow] mostly (except sometimes on weekends) but also found all of the physicians to be on the same page with him.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: very organized; open 24/7/365; early morning appointments so that monitoring can be done with minimal effect on work; compassionate physicians, nurses, and staff. Weaknesses: none that I can think of at this time.
Though he is blunt, I still found Dr. Winslow to be very personable and caring. I felt that he really was interested in my care and treatment plans.
Very organized and easy to get in touch with. Until you get to IVF you are not assigned to a specific nurse, so often you talk to different ones which is good and bad - you may get different opinions, but it's always easy to reach someone.
Dr Winslow is clearly very knowledgeable in his field and can be quite blunt in his delivery, but I also found him to be compassionate and willing to personalize care. I was able to see him mostly (except sometimes on weekends) but also found all of the physicians to be on the same page with him.
Make sure to have your questions ready to go for your visit - appointments can be brief, but when you do have questions, Dr. Winslow will take extra time.
We have tried cycles with Femara and Clomid plus injectable medications for the IUIs. With each cycle, Dr Winslow learned from my responses and modifications were made. While I responded well, unfortunately I have not achieved a pregnancy, so we will be moving on to IVF.
I found prices to be on par or better when compared with the prices listed by other clinics in the area. I didn't find hidden costs; they were very up front with pricing. Also, staff was willing to help with insurance issues and questions.
We have not yet done an IVF cycle, but in our conversations it seems that the clinic really advocates for single embryo transfers.
Jacksonville

Strengths [at FIRM] - financial information is provided up front (no surprises - which I appreciate) , have several satellite clinics which allow patients who do not live in Jacksonville a shorter drive at times, multiple doctors allow Saturday visits if needed to coincide with your cycle Weaknesses - need friendlier and more compassionate staff members (they have been professional but it would help if they would learn to treat others as they would want to be treated!)...Seemed like I was getting the "run around" so to speak, with getting results and pre work up, prior to beginning the IUI process.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths - financial information is provided up front (no surprises - which I appreciate) , have several satellite clinics which allow patients who do not live in Jacksonville a shorter drive at times, multiple doctors allow Saturday visits if needed to coincide with your cycle Weaknesses - need friendlier and more compassionate staff members (they have been professional but it would help if they would learn to treat others as they would want to be treated!)
Got called the wrong name! Doesn't knock on the door, just barges in and starts rattling off like he's always in a hurry to get done with you.
My interaction with the nursing staff (assuming they are nurses and not medical assistants) has mostly consisted of them placing me in a patient room. I've asked some of these staff members questions and they seem to have a limited knowledge. I have spoken to a couple of nurses over the phone who seem more educated, but I always have to leave a message and wait for a return call. I have been able to get my questions answered once I actually speak to a nurse.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Winslow seems very knowledgeable and I have no doubt as to his expertise. However, as a patient I would prefer he have a better bedside manner. He always seems to be in a rush. I understand he has a busy practice, but he needs to give patients a chance to ask questions.
Write down any questions you may have ahead of time.
Due to a successful IUI in the past, we have followed what worked for me then. Letrozole 7.5 x 5 days (3 - 8.) F/U ultrasound and HCG trigger shot on or around day 12 and IUI on day 13 or 14 dependent upon the follicle size. I am on the third cycle of attempting IUI and no success thus far. No positive pregnancy tests. Our next step is to move on to IVF.
U/S $125, urine test $10, IUI $390

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I never had any issues with the nursing staff [at FIRM] - all were compassionate, helpful, and informative. I had a breakdown after my fourth failed IUI and they were super comforting and made me feel better that the journey was NOT over! They were right!... They are compassionate and have the same goal as you - to get you pregnant! You are treated as a human and not a number. Everything is designed specifically for you and changed based on your response to the medicine which is not the same at other clinics. I have never waited more than 10 minutes to see the doctors.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I would never go anywhere else other than FIRM. I absolutely loved the doctors (I have seen each doctor there) and the rest of the staff. They are compassionate and have the same goal as you - to get you pregnant! You are treated as a human and not a number. Everything is designed specifically for you and changed based on your response to the medicine which is not the same at other clinics. I have never waited more than 10 minutes to see the doctors.
I never felt like a number with FIRM. Dr. Winslow made sure the plan of action was created specifically for me and my response to medicine. There was no timeline stating you must have your egg retrieval on this date or you must transfer on this date - it was based on how I was responding and very fluid which I believe helped in the success of having a pregnancy.
I never had any issues with the nursing staff - all were compassionate, helpful, and informative. I had a breakdown after my fourth failed IUI and they were super comforting and made me feel better that the journey was NOT over! They were right!
Dr. Winslow is VERY knowledgeable in infertility. While he is direct, I appreciated that because I did not want to waste my time or his. I wanted to get to the root of the problem and figure out the best course of action and he did just that. There was no sugar coating anything, which I also appreciated. I wanted to know the real facts - not only are you investing your money but also time and your emotions and I wanted to know what would work best for me to become pregnant. Dr. Winslow helped determine the cause of our infertility and because of that, we moved quickly. It was determined I had low AMH at 29 years old so time was of the essence. I am so glad I went to FIRM and saw Dr. Winslow - I would not change a thing!
If you are looking for someone who is not blunt and direct, choose another doctor within FIRM - all of the Doctors are FANTASTIC. Come prepared with questions - he is more than happy to answer any question you have!
We decided to start with IUI. Dr. Winslow suggested moving on to IVF if three IUI's were unsuccessful. I did my first two IUI's with Clomid and my second two with Letrozole. During this process is when my husband's sperm count dropped for no apparent reason. We attempted a fourth IUI, but it was canceled due to low counts. Obviously, this was out of our control. We moved to IVF. I was on 225iu of Gonal-F and 150iu of Menopur. I stimmed for 9 days (added Cetrotide after 4 or 5). I had my egg retrieval where they retrieved 21 eggs, 14 were fertilized using ICSI, and 10 made it to freeze and were sent off for PGS testing. Of those, 6 came back normal. I transferred one 5AA and it worked!

Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
The nursing staff here [FL Institute for Reproductive Medicine] are amazing. They are compassionate and understanding of how painful fertility treatments can be. All blood work was completed by nurses but my appointments were always conducted by Dr. Winslow. The nurses were great at explaining medicine administration and timing when starting a new protocol.... This clinic has several sites. I attend the one in downtown Jacksonville, which is inside Baptist Health hospital. It is a beautiful clinic with a roomy waiting area full of comfy couches. It is always clean and quiet.
European, Latino
Anovulation, PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Winslow asked at the end of all appointments if I had any questions about the plan for medications, this made me feel like he was interested in how I felt not just being another patient at the clinic.
The nursing staff here are amazing. They are compassionate and understanding of how painful fertility treatments can be. All blood work was completed by nurses but my appointments were always conducted by Dr. Winslow. The nurses were great at explaining medicine administration and timing when starting a new protocol.
Dr. Winslow is a great doctor. He cares about his patients and demonstrates this at every appointment. Throughout the course of my treatment Dr. Winslow was the only doctor I was seen by, even if my appointment fell on a weekend. He has always been accommodating and understanding about my busy work schedule. During every appointment Dr. Winslow would ask how I felt or if I had noticed a different reaction to the medication. This helped me feel like I wasn't just another patient. I do think his bedside manner is different. He does not sugar coat information nor does he dwell on bad news. His character is definitely different; however I have learned to very much appreciate his sincerity and his sense of humor.
Ask a lot of questions. Dr. Winslow will answer any question you have; however, he will not ask questions for you. You have to do your research and bring up the topic if you want to know more about it. I would advise others to not be quick to judge his demeanor. He is a sweet person and he cares.
I was on an agonist protocol with minimal dosages. I reacted very well to this protocol and had good results as far as follicle growth. Ongoing treatment.
My insurance has covered most of our treatment until now (ongoing treatment). All acquired costs have been for medications paid directly to pharmacy.

2013 - 2016
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
FIRM is a well oiled machine. They have been around a long time and have it down to a science. While you may not see your doctor at every visit, they do make sure that you see your doctor the majority of the time...The doctors meet each day as a group to discuss the patients currently on the case load so that they are all on the same page if you happen to see a doctor that is not your primary. Doctors (not nurses) perform every ultrasound and procedure...The costs at FIRM are 10-15% lower than the National Average. An IUI will run around 700-800 (including meds),. The three cycle IVF plan is around 15,000. There are several partial refund guarantee programs as well.
2013 - 2016
1 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a well oiled machine. They have been around a long time and have it down to a science. While you may not see your doctor at every visit, they do make sure that you see your doctor the majority of the time. They are opened early in the morning and on weekends so they are working around your schedule and cycle and not the other way around. They have many different offices in the area so it is very convenient. The doctors meet each day as a group to discuss the patients currently on the case load so that they are all on the same page if you happen to see a doctor that is not your primary. Doctors (not nurses) perform every ultrasound and procedure.
Dr. Freeman takes his time to make sure you fully understand all options in your treatment. He never seems rushed or like you are bothering him with questions. I always did a lot of research and had a ton of questions and he always addressed every concern or question or crazy idea I had with compassion and a well thought out answer. He performed several surgeries on me and he was very good at calming me down and sitting down with my husband to make sure he fully understood what was going on as well.
The nurses at FIRM are all amazing. They always give you a same day call back. They are available and on call nights and weekends. They bring you in on the same day if you have any concerns. Instructions for shots and medicines are given thoroughly. They are understanding of the stress of infertility and dealt really well with me when I was emotional or stressed.
I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Freeman. He is up to date on the latest research and techniques and very knowledgeable. He took on my case and never gave up on me despite me being a very difficult case. I had a lot of things going against me (diminished ovarian reserve, blocked tubes, repeated ectopic pregnancies, miscarriage, uterine issues, MTHFR) and he never gave me the impression that there was no hope. He also has a great sense of humor that put my husband and I at ease.
Come ready with questions. He will address them all and make you feel more comfortable with the process.
My AMH is non-existent. At 34 years old, I had the AMH of a 40 year old. Dr. Freeman said that because I was young, he knew there were good eggs but that the quantity was very low. Because of this, he started IVF with the highest doses of meds possible. I only got 9 eggs and only 2 of them made it to day 3. We transferred both. That ended in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Freeman gave me the option of a more natural IVF cycle with my own eggs, or a donor cycle. We decided to move straight to donor eggs. In both of my donor egg cycles, I got pregnant. But in the first it was a singular ectopic and in the second I had a twin pregnancy with one ectopic in the tube and the other a miscarriage in the uterus. He removed a tube and also did a resection on the opening between the tube and the uterus. Dr. Freeman performed the surgeries both times. He then ran a full panel of tests for reoccurring loss and discovered I had MTHFR and that I wasn't properly absorbing folic acid. He prescribed me a special form of prenatal and an extra folic acid tablet that my body would be able to better metabolize. After this I was able to get pregnant naturally.
In 2014, Dr. Freeman transferred 2 embryos. But I know that now him and the clinic prefer a single embryo transfer.
Jacksonville

The time I spend in his [Dr. Michael Freeman] office [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] on average was no more than 30 minutes, but it was time well spent, as he is right to the point. For my 4 IUI, I was sometimes monitored from a nurse, but most of the time I saw the doctor. However, once I began IVF treatments, I was always, always seen by the doctor. Finally, it is important to note that the rest of the staff is as efficient as possible and very supportive in helping me with everything from direction on administering medications, to promptly sending prescriptions to the pharmacy of my choice to billing and scheduling.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is clean and the staff is very organized, attentive and friendly. During my course of treatment I have visited a total of 3 of their offices, 2 in Jacksonville and the one in Daytona Beach and my experience in all three was exactly the same.
His bedside manner is impeccable. Personal attention is highly valued and provided. Candid and delicate in managing my expectations.
He and his practice are extremely attentive to their patients needs. What I value most is that while being supportive and positive, he managed not to give me false hopes and managed my expectations as best as possible. He always kept me informed what is to happen and why and what are my chances for success based on my medical history and age according to statistical data and his opinion as a doctor. He always stressed on the fact that while there is correlation between certain facts, individual patients results may widely vary, so that results of treatment can always be somewhat unpredictable. Another aspect that I appreciate is that I never had to wait more than 5 min to be seen. For a working professional as me, it was extremely important that I am in and out as fast as possible so to take care of my other responsibilities. The time I spend in his office on average was no more than 30 minutes, but it was time well spent, as he is right to the point. For my 4 IUI, I was sometimes monitored from a nurse, but most of the time I saw the doctor. However, once I began IVF treatments, I was always, always seen by the doctor. Finally, it is important to note that the rest of the staff is as efficient as possible and very supportive in helping me with everything from direction on administering medications, to promptly sending prescriptions to the pharmacy of my choice to billing and scheduling.
First I had the standard comprehensive blood work done in addition to a ultrasound examination of all my fertility organs. My husband had a semen analysis done and those results came back normal as well. After all results came back normal, I was prescribed to perform HSG for tubal infertility. The result from that showed open tubes. As no medical issue was found I was recommended to start on Chlomid and perform IUI. We did 4 cycles of IUI with negative pregnancy results. After that I was informed that statistically speaking the treatment that would give me highest chances of getting pregnant was IVF. Thus we pursued with our first IVF cycle. My medical insurance did not cover fertility so I took a personal loan. The cycle cost me with medication about $15,000. I am a low responder to fertility medicines, so I had to stay on the highest dosage possible for the longest period of time possible to be able to produce 7 eggs out of which 5 were retrieved and 3 fertilized and grew to become day 5 embryos. We chose to transfer just 1 embryo in order to avoid possible multiples pregnancy. The result was negative pregnancy. A month later, we attempted a second try. My employer had swetched insurance providers and my new insurance covered infertility treatments up to 25K with 10% copay and 3K deductible. This is the only reason, I was able to afford this second try. However, halfway through the cycle, the doctor discovered that I would maybe produce just one or two viable eggs and advised me to cancel the cycle and try again next month. This is exactly what we did. I had to buy again more medications to replenish the ones I had used up to that point in my second attempt. We started again in March 2016 for our 3rd and last attempt. I was able to produce 6 eggs and 4 were retrieved and 3 fertilized to become day 5 embryos. This time around we were advised to transfer 2 and we did. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with 1 baby to come on Christmas day, 2016 :)
Each IUI cycle cost around $500. IVF cost for not insured patients start at $6,000 but with assisted hatching and assisted fertilization, preservationist of embryos not used the price went up to $8,000. The majority of the medications were bought overseas from www.ivfmeds.com which saved some money, but with the dosage adjusted to the highest dosage after the first 2 monitoring visits on the first cycle and total days on medication adjusted from average of 10days to (in my specific case) to 14days and not enough time to order more to be shipped from overseas, I had to purchase a lot in the US, so my total cost was about $6,000 just for medications per cycle.

3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Strengths: The clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is relatively small which helps the patient feel known. Everyone was professional, supportive, and kind. Weaknesses: They are a busy clinic and sometimes it took a little while to hear back from a nurse.... The nursing staff was consistent, kind, and competent. I felt like I was in very good hands. They were also relatively responsive to questions and even helped me located some medication for a lower price.
3 IUI, 3 IVF, 3 Embryo Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: The clinic is relatively small which helps the patient feel known. Everyone was professional, supportive, and kind. Weaknesses: They are a busy clinic and sometimes it took a little while to hear back from a nurse.
Prior to going to Dr. Duffy at FIRM, I had received fertility treatments at Weill-Cornell in NYC and at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. At both of those places, I started out expecting to be treated like a human because my first encounters with the doctors at those places went well. But they were busy, and disorganized and didn't seem at all motivated to make adjustments to my protocol when their "cookie cutter" approaches didn't result in me getting pregnant. I felt like they viewed me as a failed case, and seemed to kind of lose interest in me as a patient. At first I was angry, then I was devastated. When I got the courage to reach out to Dr. Duffy and make an appointment, I went expecting more of the same. I had decided that I needed to adjust my expectations and anticipate that I would always feel like a number. But I was pleasantly surprised; he spent time looking over my records, listened closely to my story, and immediately suggested things we could do differently. He made me a part of the decision-making process and took the time to explain why he was suggesting certain things. From that point on, the nurses and other physicians in the practice were consistently professional, responsive, and caring. There were moments when I needed to push back and track nurses down for information, but at no point in the process did I feel abandoned or dropped. I felt supported all the way through the retrieval, the testing, and the transfer. And because I lived several states away, Dr. Duffy coordinated with a local RE to help ensure I got all of the necessary testing and support until it was time for me to find an OB.
Dr. Duffy is compassionate and competent and kind. He was friendly and supportive and treated me like a partner in the IVF process. He was a good listener, and took the time to answer my questions. I also really appreciate his willingness to think "outside of the box" when it came to my IVF protocol.
Know that you most likely won't see him for every appointment, but the other doctors in the practice are very competent and professional. I honestly had very positive experiences with every single person.
1) testosterone cream for a few weeks before starting the cycle to improve egg quality. 2)Follistim and Cetrotide, relatively high doses because of diminished ovarian reserve. 3) HGH for egg quality 4) Genetic testing of embryos 5)Endometrial receptivity array (which I really ended up benefitting from)
Cost of a cycle: $6500 Cost of medications: $3500 Cost of PGS: $2000 Cost of endometiral receptivity array: $1000
My doctor did not have a strong preference in my case because of my age and because I had a very limited number of embryos to transfer after PGS testing (only two). He said he would support me in transferring two if that was what I wanted to do.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
For example during IUI - the doc [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] who performed was perfectly fine making the call my 1 follical was ok to inseminate. But then in the consult with Freeman he disagreed and said he would have wanted more to perform an IUI. I felt - well I would have rather you canceled then have me spend $5500 to find that out. I lost all hope and faith that day. That is when I moved clinics...
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
There was a women doctor here with a German name that was amazing. But they rotate doctors so I could never make it work - and I had a flexible schedule at the time. I don't feel it's organized here and patient centered. Rotating door of docs would be ok if I felt like they took time to read my file before coming in the room or consult before performing a procedure they disagreed on. They have flexible hours to come in for things and weekend visits. That was helpful.
I only saw Dr. Freeman during consults - otherwise it was a swinging door of who was treating me and as the other doctors came in who were partners I knew they didn't know anything about me but was just there to perform the procedure. I know this b/c during my IUI I asked the doctor about my possible results and he said it depends on my condition - so he didn't even know anything about me.
I didn't have much experience with nursing staff - I just thought they were MA's? And when I had questions they seemed confused or not willing to help.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Someone who had a sucessfull IVF and good experience with Freeman recommended me so I went in hopeful. Maybe we just didn't jive which I know happens. I felt him to be overworked and felt the process was redundant to him. When he did the first labs on me I was totally overwhelmed. I was told my AMH was low, below normal but not really what that meant. For the longest time I thought I was unexplained infertility but not until I saw my new clinic did I understand that I was diminished ovarian reserve and then later I had stage 3.5-4 Endo. In the clinic with Freeman I felt like I was just working through the protocols set in place but it was not tailored to my condition. I don't even know why we would have done an IUI. Then the fact that I never saw him for treatment - it was a revolving door here and every time I felt as if I was taking steps back in my treatment plan b/c only Freeman knew my condition. For example during IUI - the doc who performed was perfectly fine making the call my 1 follical was ok to inseminate. But then in the consult with Freeman he disagreed and said he would have wanted more to perform an IUI. I felt - well I would have rather you canceled then have me spend $5500 to find that out. I lost all hope and faith that day. That is when I moved clinics...
Someone I know loved Freeman and was successful with getting pregnant so my experience is different then another. He never brought up Endo to me so that concerns me deeply - go in knowing what to ask. I was new in my journey and just trusted he would take me there but that didn't happen. I wish he would have been more aggressive with me considering my age and low OR. Question everything. If you are like me then why would you try IUI? Question that. At my age I don't have time to spend 3 years with your protocol.
Labs were ordered as what is normal and then discussed with me. Treatment plan was not necessarily a plan but seemed like a protocol for everyone. I didn't even get anything written down. A friend of mine who had been treated elsewhere seemed way more educated in the process and what to expect. It was not that organized here - just here is some literature.
IUI $5500
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
The embryo transfer [at FL Institute for Reproductive Med] was interesting. I was able to watch the transfer of the fluid containing the embryos on the ultrasound, but was never shown the actual embryos in a photo or on a monitor linked to the microscope like I had been shown at another clinic. They didn't allow my husband to be with me.during either embryo transfer.
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic seemed like a.nice clean well run clinic. The other doctor we met with face to face was nice and friendly. The embryo transfer was interesting. I was able to watch the transfer of the fluid containing the embryos on the ultrasound, but was never shown the actual embryos in a photo or on a monitor linked to the microscope like I had been shown at another clinic. They didn't allow my husband to be with me.during either embryo transfer.
We worked with this clinic mostly over the phone. The nurse donor nurse was very hard to get ahold of. Both times we traveled to Florida for transfers we met with a totally different doctor than the one I talked to on the phone. During the transfer I was shown the ultra sound where the fluid containing the embryo was placed, but I was never shown the actual embryo like I had been shown at another clinic. My husband was told he had to stay in the lobby and wasn't present during the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nan Harris)
Nan Harris seemed ok. She was just difficult to get ahold of.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I never met Dr. Winslow. I only talked to him on the phone. He was supposed to be my doctor and did all of the perscrbing, ect. When we went to Florida I always met with a different doctor. I am not sure what else to say. I never met the man. I only talked to him on the phone one a couple of different occasions.
I am not sure I never met the man. I guess I would ask him up.front if you would ever see him again or if you traveled their if you would have the opportunity to actually meet him in person.
We did two IVF cycles with frozen embryos. The embryos were donor embryos.
About $4,000 for frozen embryo transfer with donor embryos
Both times we transferred 2 embryos. That seemed to be standard procedure with donor embryos.

2012 - 2013
The last time I was at the clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Med], the décor wasn't particularly inviting and the front desk staff kept their space closed off from the waiting room. That was the only weakness. Their strengths are many. They are willing to work with out of state patients and OBGYNs to monitor the stimulation. The nurse coordinator also provides clear information on what is needed and where to get cheaper medication.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The last time I was at the clinic, the décor wasn't particularly inviting and the front desk staff kept their space closed off from the waiting room. That was the only weakness. Their strengths are many. They are willing to work with out of state patients and OBGYNs to monitor the stimulation. The nurse coordinator also provides clear information on what is needed and where to get cheaper medication. When different REs have to take care of different parts of the process, they always came well informed about the particulars of my case. The nurses were always caring and willing to work with the patients when there were issues.
I went to see Dr. Winslow after having a bad experience with a local RE. I traveled to Florida to be treated in his clinic. He was charming, direct, realistic, etc. I went to see him three times and he remembered me well, and treated me like I wasn't an impossible case, but was also clear about the biological reality of getting pregnant at 40. He could joke around a bit, and put me at ease. He knew exactly what he wanted to do with me.
All nurses were very nice and personable. They were all very professional. The Nurse Anesthetist in particular was wonderful. They had great bedside manner and great medical skills as well.
Dr. Winslow was very warm with me. I came from out of town and he remembered that every time I saw him it was storming in Jacksonville so he joked with me about that. He was very flexible about the schedule, as he was working with my local OBGYN to monitor my response to the injections. We had to change the schedule of my trip and go to a different location in his practice (Jacksonville Beaches office) because I got ahead of schedule. He introduced me to other doctors in his practice that were also involved in my treatment. I had two IVF with egg retrievals done in his clinic. These were three transfers. After the third one, I got pregnant and had a healthy daughter. I recommended them to a friend, and she also got pregnant and had a healthy son. We both recommend the clinic blindly to anyone.
Dr. Winslow is warm but very factual and doesn't mince words. You have to be prepared for that. They see a lot of patients so you also have to be ready to be seen by several doctors in his practice. They were all wonderful.
I did one IVF with a local RE and Dr. Winslow had that as a reference when he started my treatment. He increased the dosage of Menopur and gave me Bravelle rather than Folistim. He had me on progesterone injections daily after transfer as well. During the second IVF, he adjusted the doses of Menopur and Bravelle, since my ovaries were stimulated rather quickly during the first IVF. It worked and I conceived after the first transfer in the second IVF. He had me in progesterone injections and then Crinone until the placenta was producing its own progesterone.
IVF cost about $8000, including ICSI. The clinic gives you a discounted rate for second and third IVFs. My second IVF was approximately $7200. None of these rates include medication.
The doctor was clear in the risk of transferring multiple embryos. However, he took into consideration my history when deciding on how many embryos to transfer and ultimately we decided together to transfer more than one.

2016 - 2019
Billing is a weakness as they [Fl Inst for Repro Med] take time to respond. It has improved since I began with the office in 2016. The organization of the clinic is a strength. It's like a well oiled machine. The appointment times made it easy for my husband and I who lived 2,hours away.... They never called me with uterine fibroid biopsy results. The information was provided as soon as I called.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Billing is a weakness as they take time to respond. It has improved since I began with the office in 2016. The organization of the clinic is a strength. It's like a well oiled machine. The appointment times made it easy for my husband and I who lived 2,hours away.
Dr. Winslow was extremely professional and you could tell he had been doing this for a while. He treated my husband and I with kindness but provided a realistic picture of what to expect. He doesn't "sugar coat" things.
All the nurses were wonderful. Patty is everything a nurse shoud be. She's kind, easy to talk to, patient, and understanding.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I had a wonderful experience as a patient of Dr. Winslow's. I didn't want someone to baby me, just wanted someone to get me a baby and he did just that. He was realistic and encouraging. He explained things in a way my husband and I could understand.
Ask questions and listen. He knows what he is doing and wants you to succeed.
I was on a higher dose of menupur and gonal f (dont remember the exact dosage) due to my low smh. Dr. Winslow encouraged us to do PGS testing which I think contributed greatly to our first transfer success. With a amh of .77, I had 14 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 7 made it to blast, and 3 were PGS normal. We were successful with our first frozen transfer.
Our cycle with PGS testing was around $11,500. Our frozen transfer was $3000.
With PGS testing, Dr. Winslow was very encouraging to only transfer one embryo.

IUI, Donor Sperm
[Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine was] Super warm and welcoming. LGBT friendly. Quick to return phone calls and they have great availability. Everyone I’ve encountered from doctors, to nursing, to billing, and scheduling are all fantastic and easy to talk to.... [Nursing Staff was] Always super warm and welcoming. I’ve never felt so comfortable in a doctors office.... Dr. Freeman took the time to explain things and hear us in on our feelings regarding medicated vs unmedicated cycles
IUI, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Freeman took the time to explain things and hear us in on our feelings regarding medicated vs unmedicated cycles and the need for surgery due to a blocked tube. He was very personable.
He was thorough and candid. We always left feeling like we understood what our options were and felt great with what the doctor recommended. He would even draw pictures to help us understand. Dr. Freeman makes the process feel more comfortable and hopeful.
Be straight forward with your questions and concerns.
Dr. Freeman recommended laparoscopic surgery for removal of my left tube due to hydrosalpinx. I was hesitant and wanted to try a few rounds first. After a few ultrasounds, it became evident that my tube would cause more issues than I anticipated. I never felt pressured t the surgery. He trusted that I knew what was best and when the time came to decide on surgery, he remained supportive. He also recommended natural cycles for us since my labs and ovulation are normal.
$35 co pay with insurance.

2 IUI, IVF
It [FL Inst Repro Med]is in the Baptist south hospital on the 5 floor. The office is extremely clean and welcoming. They have magazines, sanitizer, music, and a restroom. When you walk in you sign in and then wait for them to call you. I also appreciate that they black out a patients name once you are checked in.... They [nursing staff] are amazing. They are friendly. It’s a stressful time and they ease the pain by understanding and helping you right away.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is in the Baptist south hospital on the 5 floor. The office is extremely clean and welcoming. They have magazines, sanitizer, music, and a restroom. When you walk in you sign in and then wait for them to call you. I also appreciate that they black out a patients name once you are checked in.
They are very friendly in the office. Every time we have gone he speaks to us and takes time to explain what is going on. He’s never been in a hurry, so I feel like he’s very genuine.
They are amazing. They are friendly. It’s a stressful time and they ease the pain by understanding and helping you right away.
He’s amazing! He takes time to talk to us. He’s always ready to discuss next steps. When our first iui wasn’t successful he adjusted all of my doses and the time frame. He was definitely trying to solve the issue. We are excited to complete our first ivf procedure within the next couple months.
Ask him anything you are wondering . He will give you an honest answer.
He completed so much bloodwork for me at first. A precious doctor (brown fertility) diagnosed me with PCOS. After the blood results came back Dr Duffy stayed he would have never diagnosed me with that and the medication was a waste. He’s adjusted every cycle so I would become pregnant!
Each iui procedure was $395.00.
Jacksonville

I like that they [FL Institute for Reproductive Med- Jacksonville] have weekend hours and lay out most pricing online so you can plan for visits. The south campus staff is who I normally talk to and they are all wonderful. The downtown office is also really great, everyone’s been really supportive... They are so wonderful. I was traveling M-F for my first 3 cycles and they were always helpful when I called in with questions and trying to get me scheduled around my travel schedule
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I like that they have weekend hours and lay out most pricing online so you can plan for visits. The south campus staff is who I normally talk to and they are all wonderful. The downtown office is also really great, everyone’s been really supportive
She remembered details from past visits and I feel like I’m a person not just a name on her list for the day
She’s very understanding to the situation at hand and does her very best to explain options and success rates of the various options. I normally don’t have any hesitation in asking more questions or seeing if she has any explanations as to why something didn’t work.
Write down all your questions!
We did first round with letrozole/Gemara as I have PCOS and they said women with PCOS can have a better reaction with those drugs vs Clomid. Day 12 came and the eggs weren’t we they needed to be so we started clomid instead. Came back and then did timed intercourse. The 2nd two times we did clomid with timed intercourse (150mg/day for 9 days) and this round we are following the same rx but going to try for an IUI
Insurance isn’t covering any of this so each ultrasound is $125. Pregnancy test is $10. Trigger shot is $115 (I think) if you administer them at home or $140 in the office?
Jacksonville

$5400 for a donor embryo package [at FIRM]...They have a wonderful done embryo program...a wonderful clinic to date. When I speak to the Donor Embryo Coordinator & Dr. Erb they know my hx, treat me with kindness and compassion and truly care about the outcome of my upcoming donor embryo FET...Emma [nurse] does an excellent job with answering emails & returning phone calls. If she does not know the answer she will consult w/ the Dr & get back to me.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They have a wonderful done embryo program. I am very thankful for this program. If it weren't for their program I would not be getting a chance to be pregnant and have a child. I know from a friend that they also have a wonderful IVF program and a great clinic.
FIRM has been a wonderful clinic to date. When I speak to the Donor Embryo Coordinator & Dr. Erb they know my hx, treat me with kindness and compassion and truly care about the outcome of my upcoming donor embryo FET.
Emma does an excellent job with answering emails & returning phone calls. If she does not know the answer she will consult w/ the Dr & get back to me.
Dr. Erb has been very upfront and honest with me. When I had concerns about continuing with a cycle due to a medication change not related to fertility she was on board. She has been more than willing to work we my, my schedule and my rheumatologist. I couldn't be happier.
Be honest with her so that she can give you the best treatment plan available for your current situation.
ERA cycle: CD1 start 3 mg of estrace BID, CD 13 US and labs, CD 15 PIO injections & CD 19 ERA. Found that I needed 12 more hours of progesterone. Upcoming FET: BC until 10/3, Estrace 10/7, US 10/18, PIO 10/19 & FET scheduled for 10/25
$5400 for a donor embryo package

2 IUI, IVF
I saw the doctor at every visit which is great, but was extremely delayed during one procedure because no one told the doctor I was there. Overall the clinic [Florida Inst for Repro Med] is good, it's up to personal preference on how you like your doctor and their bedside manner. ... The nurses were always friendly and answered any questions I had. ... The office staff are nice
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic operates like a well oiled machine. I saw the doctor at every visit which is great, but was extremely delayed during one procedure because no one told the doctor I was there. Overall the clinic is good, it's up to personal preference on how you like your doctor and their bedside manner.
I felt like our consultation went well and we delved into good information, but after that I felt like appointments were rushed.
The nurses were always friendly and answered any questions I had.
Dr. Winslow is obviously smart and trusted in his field. But details were not as readily given and I found myself doing lots of research on my own. I'm a confident, educated person but occasionally found myself feeling apprehensive to ask questions because I felt like a bother. Dr. Winslow seemed to push for IVF immediately and reluctantly did two IUIs at our request. There was preliminary testing for my husband and I, that's it. Only after switching doctors did we get more information into me possibly having PCOS combined with male factor infertility.
The office staff are nice and Dr. Winslow is a no nonsense kind of guy. I love information and being straight to the point, but this is a very personal issue and a little more compassion would have been greatly appreciated.
We were told IVF immediately but did 2 rounds of IUI. I was put on Femara prior to each insemination. Both were unsuccessful.
We spent approximately $1k per IUI procedure.
Jacksonville
They [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] have always been very close to the actual appointment time when you are called back, not long waiting times. Parking is great with the new garage at the Baptist downtown location. All of their records flow between NE FL OBGYN if you use them, so that is nice as well. The doctors do rotate days so you might see different doctors on different days but the two I have worked with so far (Dr. Winslow and Dr. Ern) are both wonderful.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is professional. They have always been very close to the actual appointment time when you are called back, not long waiting times. Parking is great with the new garage at the Baptist downtown location. All of their records flow between NE FL OBGYN if you use them, so that is nice as well. The doctors do rotate days so you might see different doctors on different days but the two I have worked with so far (Dr. Winslow and Dr. Ern) are both wonderful.
Dr. Winslow took the time to explain everything to my husband and me thoroughly and discuss the options available to us.
The nursing staff is extremely knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and helpful.
Dr. Winslow was very helpful and the information he provided and his demeanor helped my husband and me to feel better throughout this process. He was also very honest and set realistic expectations with us which we appreciated very much.
Write down any questions you may have beforehand so you won’t forget to ask. While Dr. Winslow is very thorough, sometimes it felt like the appointment went by fast.
We are dealing with MFI. Dr. Winslow recommended we try 2-3 cycles of IUI with Femara, then move on to IVF with ICSI if these were not successful. We are in the TWW after our first IUI at this time.
The consultation was covered by our insurance, so we paid only a $10 copay. Each transvaginal US was $125 along with a $10 office fee I believe. The Femara Rx for 6 day’s was $0.31 with insurance. The IUI was $390.
N/A yet
Jacksonville

The nursing staff at the Daytona location [of FIRM] are AMAZING! Always kind and professional and really accommodating...IUI - $750, monitoring apt - $125, Consult with Insurance - $150...This clinic is close to my house (Daytona Beach office), friendly nursing staff, and you get to see the doctor for every monitoring appointment. Never a long wait, and they are thorough, which I feel like is a hard combo to achieve. Very clean and very updated equipment. The convenience of having the lab in the office is nice as well.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Freeman takes his time speaking with us, and is empathetic to our situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
The nursing staff at the Daytona location are AMAZING! Always kind and professional and really accommodating.
Dr. Freeman is a very down to earth, yet blunt doctor. He takes his time to discuss hard to understand fertility terms and procedures and makes them easy to understand. He can be a little straight to the point, but I don't feel like that's a bad thing. He is open to suggestions as well, which is not the case for most REs.
Be your own advocate and he will listen.
He used the antagonist protocol (Gonal-F 175iu a day, and Menopur - 1 vial), at day 6 he upped my dosage to 200iu gonal f through day 11 to increase my eggs grow time. Day 5 on Cetrotide was also included. We had great results - 26 eggs collected, 25 mature, and 24 fertilized. Out of the 24, 12 made it to day 5 blasts graded from AB to BB. I transferred one 5AB and got pregnant.
IUI - $750, monitoring apt - $125, Consult with Insurance - $150
Dr. Freeman had a high preference for me to transfer just one embryo since this was our first transfer, and we are under the age of 35. We agreed that we would transfer 1, and if that didn't result in a pregnancy transfer 2 the next time.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Caring, supportive, comforting - everything you'd want during such an emotional and overwhelming process. The clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is large, accessible, organized, clean, etc. Lot's of appointment options, two locations, flexible appointment hours, etc.... Their office advocates for single embryo transfers and we followed their guidance on this. We didn't push back or question.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Caring, supportive, comforting - everything you'd want during such an emotional and overwhelming process. The clinic is large, accessible, organized, clean, etc. Lot's of appointment options, two locations, flexible appointment hours, etc.
Dr. Duffy was kind of like a "mad scientist!" He was also a realist, but in a caring way. He moved through the process quickly, but I never once felt like he didn't care.
See previous response. He was like a "mad scientist!" Think Christopher Lloyd from Back to the Future. He explained every part of the process scientifically, so you'd sometimes have to ask the "softer" questions. You could tell he loves what he does from the science aspect. He talked quickly, so you'd have to jump in with your questions, but he'd always take time to answer and fully explain. At the same time though, he was warm and excited for his patients.
Write your questions down in advance. He moves at a fast pace. This process can be overwhelming for those of us that are in it the first time, who are longing for a baby, who are paying out of pocket, etc. I think that is sometimes lost on him, but not in a non-caring way. He's just excited!
4 IUIs 1 egg retrieval 1 frozen transfer PGS testing The practice strongly encourages transferring only one embryo.
Jacksonville

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[FL Ins Repro Med] Strength: The doctors and nurses never made me feel like a science experiment. I was a patient with a health issue. Weakness: The procedure room was very small and my husband wasn't allowed in. It's very hard to lay there alone and I won't have loved to have him with me...The nursing staff at FIRM is excellent! They were efficient but attentive and they cared about my treatment and me. They didn't just ask how I was doing, they asked how I was feeling, how my emotions were holding up. They weren't just checking a box, they actually wanted to know.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Winslow was always straight up with us. He didn't give me stock answers or talk to me like I couldn't handle it or understand. He made things very clear, even when it wasn't something I wanted to hear.
Dr Winslow isn't the warmest person. He often looked directly at my chart instead of at me. This was not off putting to me as I am an introvert by nature with a severe case of White Coat Syndrome. There was no BSing in the exam room. He got in there, he did what he needed to do and then he left but I never felt like he was rushed or annoyed with my questions. He was patient and kind and explanatory.
Write everything down and ask questions if you don't understand because he will explain it again.

2013 - 2014
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
They have a lot of locations which is helpful, however that means the doctors have to travel between them. This can sometimes make it challenging to track down your doctor to be seen especially last minute....The entire nursing staff was wonderful. But I have to say Patty and the main office was so nice, informative, helpful, caring, and compassionate...I won a free cycle at one of their seminars. Then I had to pay for my FET later on.. Also the wait times can be alittle long, but that is because he [Dr. Duffy] does not rush his paitients and gives them the time they need.
2013 - 2014
PCOS, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
He really got to know me as a person not just another number. It makes you feel special that someone takes the time and really listens.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mrs. Patty -downtown office )
I always felt important and like my concerns were being heard and addressed. Every time we had a set back Dr. Duffy was compassionate and pro active so that we didn't lose any ground. Everything was fully explained to me and if I had a question about something or needed it clarified he did it without hesitation.
if you have questions don't be afraid to ask and I used to write a list down before I went. Also the wait times can be alittle long, but that is because he does not rush his paitients and gives them the time they need.
I had to have surgery right before I started my ivf cycle for polyps. Then I did ivf with ICSI, transferred a fresh and froze the 4 remaining. I then went back for a FET and plan to go back again.
Jacksonville

I never have to wait long. The room for the semen analysis is very bare and cold. I would have liked for it to be more comfortable with material. It made things awkward. They are very thorough. They are friendly the entire visit. ... I passed out during bloodwork and they were compassionate. They make sure we are prepared for any test. ... He [Dr. Freeman] completed his own semen analysis.
European, Other
He is very personable!
I was diagnosed with CBAVD. Dr Freeman has been very forthcoming with information. He has been thorough in testing, treatment, and tests prior to our IVF. He understands my sarcastic personality and can make jokes and laugh during visits.
Coming from the male standpoint, to another guy, you don't have to be tense or nervous.
So far he has prescribed Dostinex and Clomid after doing several blood labs. He completed his own semen analysis. He received my urologist report and has been thorough in bringing up my semen levels.
My insurance will cover 80%, some were quoted $3500 to meet our deductible. Additionally our anaesthesia will not be covered.

IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is small and friendly. It is always welcoming and very clean and sterile. Everyone takes the time to help you feel welcomed and no issue is to small. They answer the phone friendly every time and return calls promptly. ... After seeing the head of the practice and then switching to Dr. Duffy it has been a positive change for our family.
IUI, IVF
Endometriosis, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is small and friendly. It is always welcoming and very clean and sterile. Everyone takes the time to help you feel welcomed and no issue is to small. They answer the phone friendly every time and return calls promptly.
Dr. Duffy is the kindest soul. He takes the time to care for you as a human. Answers your questions and truly cares about you and your future children.
I saw Dr. Duffy after I saw the head of the practice. Dr.Duffy has been so proactive in my care and has done everything in his powers to help my husband and I build our future family. After seeing the head of the practice and then switching to Dr. Duffy it has been a positive change for our family. Dr. Duffy has found multiple things that the other provider skipped over. Dr. Duffy never makes you feel awkward in appointment and treats with lots of care.
Trust his process. HE truly cares and wants whats best fort you.
I was diagnosed with Uterine septum. Dr. Duffy set up my schedule and stated it was the best for me and my future family.
Jacksonville

Very organized. Easy to schedule. Always there so never worry about closing. If I need anything or have a dumb question they [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] answer no hesatiation. ... Answers the phone happy to help every time. Makes every appointment very positive ... IUI was right at 800. First round of IVF is 12,000 ... Always answer my questions More than I actual need.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Very organized. Easy to schedule. Always there so never worry about closing. If I need anything or have a dumb question they answer no hesatiation. Always answer my questions More than I actual need.
He has called me from his personal cell to check on my cycles. Told me straight up after my first IUI he would go to ivf with what I wanted
He is very knowledgeable at what he doesn’t. He tells you very honestly what’s going on and what to do. He doesn’t beat around the bush. He makes every appointment very comfortable. I’ve never had a male doctor do vaginal ultrasounds so I was very nervous. He made me want a male doctor from Now on. I’ve never felt weird or out of place. I told him straight up I was tired of waiting and he said let’s start IVF. No questions
Relax
We have male infertility from antisperm. He said money wise let’s try a IUI. We did one round he explained everything very vividly. IUI failed I asked do I do this again I want a baby and he said honestly let’s go IVF. I value the honestly no matter the money part
IUI was right at 800. First round of IVF is 12,000
Jacksonville

[Florida Inst for Repro Med] are great! They can get better with calling back. They make sure you are taken care of. If something’s wrong they take care of it in a quick manner. The are is clean and comfortable, you feel right at home. They staff treats you as if you were family....Very kind, compassionate. The nurses take an interest in you. They are loving individuals that leave a lasting impression on you.... For ivf it was 8,900. For mock ivf transfer it was $470 and for regular visits it was $35
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are great! They can get better with calling back. They make sure you are taken care of. If something’s wrong they take care of it in a quick manner. The are is clean and comfortable, you feel right at home. They staff treats you as if you were family.
I felt like a human because dr. Duffy put me at ease with any concerns I had. For the first time he actually gave us hope. He thoroughly made sure that my husband and I knew what was going on in detail.
Dr. Duffy was very easy to talk to. Any questions I had concerning anything he made sure they were answered. He gave me copies of my information when needed. When going over labs he broke everything down and explained it to me. He is a awesome doctor with an awesome team of nurses.
Be as kind as he is. Always ask questions if you don’t understand
Dr. Duffy wanted me to do 1 round of ivf with icsi due to male factor. Due to the cost of treatment and insurance not covering, I have not been able to proceed with treatment.

3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Office [FL Institute for Reproductive Med-Jacksonville] is very well organized and nursing team is great! I’ve seen the other doctors on the weekend and all doctors are extremely friendly. When you call the office, you either speak to someone directly or one of the nurses call back within a few hours.... We pay 100% out of pocket. IVF treatment was less than 13k... Dr. Winslow has treated me for endometriosis and septate uterus. I have had 2 surgeries under his care. 1 egg retrieval with 3 rounds of IVF. 2 chemical pregnancies were produced and 1 failed transfer. Newest protocol is donor eggs from my partner. 1st IVF transfer completed and pending results.
3 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Endometriosis
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Office is very well organized and nursing team is great! I’ve seen the other doctors on the weekend and all doctors are extremely friendly. When you call the office, you either speak to someone directly or one of the nurses call back within a few hours.
Dr. Winslow is extremely experienced and well known in the infertility community. We will confident and comfortable under his care. He does not show compassion well. Dr. Winslow is also extremely busy so at times we have felt rushed.
Go in knowledgeable and don’t be afraid to ask questions. If he seems to be rushing you, just stand your ground and don’t let that deter you from getting answers.
We pay 100% out of pocket. IVF treatment was less than 13k
Jacksonville

Strengths [at FIRM] are definitely communication and education. I can't really think of any weaknesses. I would recommend a new patient try out each doctor at the office to decide who is the best fit because each doctor has a very different personality...The nursing staff was excellent. They were great about answering questions, returning phone calls, and their blood taking skills were excellent.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths are definitely communication and education. I can't really think of any weaknesses. I would recommend a new patient try out each doctor at the office to decide who is the best fit because each doctor has a very different personality.
Dr. Duffy took time to answer all my questions, never made me feel rushed or like a number, and took time to show he cares.
Dr. Duffy is very personable and knowledgeable. The only downside for treatment with Dr. Duffy is that he is almost always running late. I know hat he spends extra time with his patients and answers questions, so I tended to overlook his lack of punctuality.
Prepare to wait awhile at appointments.
I was 350iu Gonal F, 150iu Menopur, Cetrotide, and Lupron trigger. I don't remember any rationale given for this particular protocol.
My total costs at FIRM was around $8000, plus $4000 meds at an outside facility.
FIRM typically transfers one under 35 and two over 35. One was recommended for me at 33, but transfer isn't for another few weeks.

13 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Whether or not they run late depends on what doctor you're seeing which is frustrating. Also the doctors float between offices so you might not see your doctor every time unless you want to travel to wherever they are on that day...I liked that if I came in with something I'd read off the internet she [Dr. Kari Sproul von Goeben] was willing to have a discussion about why or why not that particular treatment would apply to me. I did not like that when I wanted to try things she would say there wasn't a "medical indication" for what I wanted to try- when Infertility is unexplained that is exactly the issue, that no one knows what might work, and I wish she were more open to anecdotal information and not entirely research reliant.
13 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
She is very warm and inviting and easy to talk to.
Amazing. One of the best parts of this office is the nursing staff.
She is incredibly smart and up to date on current treatment options. I liked that if I came in with something I'd read off the internet she was willing to have a discussion about why or why not that particular treatment would apply to me. I did not like that when I wanted to try things she would say there wasn't a "medical indication" for what I wanted to try- when Infertility is unexplained that is exactly the issue, that no one knows what might work, and I wish she were more open to anecdotal information and not entirely research reliant.
Try and trust her. Infertility is hard, but she is really good at what she does.
My first born child ;-) I have insurance so I don't know
She felt strongly about single embryo transfer. That is what I wanted so I didn't push it, but I felt that had we wanted a multiple transfer it would not have been received well.

1 IVF, Surrogacy
Weaknesses would be reviewing medication quantity before leaving. Strengths are quickly responding when we needed something or had questions. They [Florida Inst for Repro Med] also always took a great approach when something was not working.... Amy was amazing through every step. She gave me her cell phone number to contact her if it was after hours and was helpful in every way we needed her!
1 IVF, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Weaknesses would be reviewing medication quantity before leaving. Strengths are quickly responding when we needed something or had questions. They also always took a great approach when something was not working.
We received more than just statistics we received emotional responses for questions we had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Winslow was very proactive with care regarding my egg retrieval. He was also very compassionate towards the next step but very clear with our action plan. We would 100% go see Dr. Winslow again if we are able to have another child through surrogacy.
Be your own advocate make sure you understand instructions given.
I wasn’t responding right away with the medication given for my egg retrieval to produce additional follicles. He made the appropriate adjustments to make sure that I created more but did not over stimulate.
Our treatment cost was much higher due to having a surrogate for the process. We knew of cost before we went to Dr. Winslow.
Dr. Winslow leaned towards SET and my husband and I along with our surrogate were comfortable with transferring two embryos. He agreed with our decision.

IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
They [FL Ins Repro Med] are open to serving all patients. Their perspective on embryo donation is not rooted in religious values. They were easy to work with, even from 1,500 miles away....I worked remotely with Emma for several months and saw two other nurses for my transfer - they were all great. Emma is sweet and tolerant of as many questions as you can throw her way!...it was approximately $7,000 plus travel for the donor embryo transfer
IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are open to serving all patients. Their perspective on embryo donation is not rooted in religious values. They were easy to work with, even from 1,500 miles away.
Everyone at the clinic was easy to work with. I worked with them remotely and flew in for a donor embryo transfer. It was a little strange to not feel established there, but they treated me very well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma )
I spoke with Dr. Winslow once on the phone and saw him on the day of the transfer. He was knowledgeable and had a good recommendation for my care. I was happy with my experience there. He was very willing to work with me remotely and as a single parent.
He was not incredibly warm when I met him in person, but when I went into his office to talk about my embryos his office was covered from wall to wall with pictures of babies on Christmas cards (it was early Jan. when I went) from his patients. I teared up!
I did an embryo transfer...so just estrace, progesterone, and prenatal vitamins.
it was approximately $7,000 plus travel for the donor embryo transfer
He was willing to take my input and weigh it with his recommendations - we made the decision together.
Jacksonville

This is a very nice clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] with multiple locations. You are even able to get some bloodwork conducted in Georgia if needed.... Seemed like a typical nursing staff. However, I really appreciated their understanding of us running late as we got lost on the way.... I was disappointed with some things not being inclusive for the price. Having to come up with additional funds for pre transfer requirements was not easy.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This is a very nice clinic with multiple locations. You are even able to get some bloodwork conducted in Georgia if needed. I did have a hard time finding the location a few years back as they had just recently moved out of the hospital area. However, the staff was very understanding and told us not to rush. The office is very nice and neat. It could probably use a better magazine selection lol The doctor was very warm and friendly. Unfortunately the procedure was more painful than I expected. The doctor was very knowledgeable and invited us to discuss the plans in his office. I would recommend this clinic to friends and family
Dr.Duffy took personal time in his office with my husband and myself to discuss our steps.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr.Duffy was a kind and warm hearted doctor. He made me feel at ease during my procedure. Afterwards, we were welcomed into his office to discuss the next steps of the process. The only downfall was that the procedure was more painful than expected.
Be honest and open about your concerns. Dr.Duffy has a lot of information to share!
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Absolutely loved Stacy and Jessica [nurses at FIRM]. They kept me sane during the whole process. They always called me back in a timely manner and tried to keep me as calm as possible.... I never had a bad experience at the Jacksonville location. Also loved they had several locations- I live in GA and would have to travel out of state to see him. The office always made it as convenient as it could be for us. (They even came in on Christmas Day for our IUI)
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff are always so accommodating.
Anytime I had a question Dr. Winslow and his staff went above and beyond to get the answers to us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessica / Stacy )
Absolutely loved Stacy and Jessica. They kept me sane during the whole process. They always called me back in a timely manner and tried to keep me as calm as possible.
Absolutely love the FIRM & Dr. Winslow. He was always encouraging when we didn't get the best news. Anytime I didn't respond as well as he like he would adjust my treatment perfectly. I never had a bad experience at the Jacksonville location. Also loved they had several locations- I live in GA and would have to travel out of state to see him. The office always made it as convenient as it could be for us. (They even came in on Christmas Day for our IUI)
Always ask for explanation if you don't understand. This is your treatment- it makes it so much easier to go through when you understand (as much as possible- unexpected things come up)
Not exactly the protocol- it has been exactly a year. I know I did Gonal F and Menupor. He was very cautious with my dosage due to my severe PCOS.
Most of my care was covered by my husbands insurance
None that were discussed

2009 - 2012
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
All of the nurses [at FIRM] were very thorough, understanding, available and compassionate about us and our care...The clinic was great, all staff were helpful, and I loved the individual care that we received...I feel costs were reasonable. We paid $11,000 for our first IVF, $6,000 for our second, $11,000 for Donor Egg, $2500 for donor embryo. Frozen transfers were around $2,000...He [Dr. Daniel Duffy] is amazing, but be prepared to wait a little bit as he gets backed up.
2009 - 2012
3 IUI, 2 IVF, Donor Eggs
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Duffy was very patient, and listened to all of my fears. He researched the issues I was having and suggested some alternative treatments.
All of the nurses were very thorough, understanding, available and compassionate about us and our care.
Dr Duffy was a great doctor who listened, researched, and allowed us to try every option so that we were satisfied when our journey was over. He was very passionate about his work and showed us a lot of compassion.
He is amazing, but be prepared to wait a little bit as he gets backed up.
We tried three IUI with ICSI, all producing negative results. We tried two IVF cycles with my eggs, the first resulted in a chemical pregnancy, the rest all negative. We tried donor egg once, all transfers had a negative result. We tried one donor embryo transfer which had a negative result.
I think the standard protocol of transferring two is effective.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
They [Florida Inst for Reproductive Med] have so many strengths. One that was important to me was accommodating my schedule by scheduling me between 2 different offices. The only weakness is how busy they are. Be prepared to be 10-15 minutes late to start your appointment.... The nurses were always personable, efficient, and knowledgeable. On several occasions they have gone out of their way to help accommodate me.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They have so many strengths. One that was important to me was accommodating my schedule by scheduling me between 2 different offices. The only weakness is how busy they are. Be prepared to be 10-15 minutes late to start your appointment.
Duffy always referred to me and my husband by name and asked about our jobs and lives.
Dr. Duffy is kind but factual. He was always straight with me without making me feel uncomfortable. I almost always was seen by Dr. Duffy himself and when I wasn't able to see him he made sure I was aware of whi I would be seeing and reassured me of their ability.
Ask questions. He will tell you what you need to know.
I was fortunate enough to have won a free IVF cycle from FIRM. I paid for medications and anesthesia totaling approximately $6000.00
I was given the facts for transferring 1 or 2. Dr Duffy was clear that it was mine and my husband's choice while also offering his professional opinion.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
Every staff member [Florida Inst for Repro Med] was personable, treated you well, spoke to you as person who matters and going through something tough.... The staff is Easy to get into contact with them and they are prompt with returning calls. They are Open weekends for transfers which is very convenient when,you don't get much leeway with cycles. The staff is always nice and welcoming. Going there for 4 years I,never had a bad experience
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage, Other
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Every staff member was personable, treated you well, spoke to you as person who matters and going through something tough.
It took me a bit to get used to his matter of fact type of,personality, but the longer i was there he loosened up around is and showed us compassion, but made sure to be clear in statements. He was delicate when we had our miscatriage and clear on all of our treatments. Gave us all of,our options then said why he would recommend one thing over another, but still left it up to us
Give him a few appts to get his type of personality. He's direct bc he doesn't want any misunderstandings
I have a genetic issue that makes multiples very dangerous for them and me. So 1 was recommended, but he recommends one for most bc of the risks of a,multiples pregnancy

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Everyone [at FIRM] is helpful and friendly; they work with you on scheduling. Facilities are nice and provide multiple locations. I am pleased overall with the clinic and all employees and staff in my visits. I really like the FIRM and believe they are one of the best available in my area...They only transfer one embryo if PGS tested, otherwise will transfer two of you choose...He [Dr. Winslow] was very clear and upfront with us.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is helpful and friendly; they work with you on scheduling. Facilities are nice and provide multiple locations. I am pleased overall with the clinic and all employees and staff in my visits. I really like the FIRM and believe they are one of the best available in my area.
He was very clear and upfront with us.
He is very knowledgeable and gets right to the point. He has a dry sense of humor and candid nature that worked really well for my husband and I. I trust his judgement and expertise. I like how he tells me the truth and is upfront about it, even if it’s not the best news that I want to hear; he has never given us false hope but has provided us with options that were right for us.
Be prepared for his cut and dried manner, if you prefer that type of personality (as I do) then he is the perfect doctor for you!
Jacksonville

It’s a little overwhelming when you first begin here [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] but everyone is so helpful and accommodating. I have a severe needle phobia and they are one of the few doctor’s offices that actually worked with me and made me comfortable...So far everyone [on the nursing team] has been helpful and kind. This is a very stressful and confusing journey and they’re always happy to assist me witb questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s a little overwhelming when you first begin here but everyone is so helpful and accommodating. I have a severe needle phobia and they are one of the few doctor’s offices that actually worked with me and made me comfortable.
Dr. Erb is very compassionate and has spent a lot of time with me reviewing my options and treatments. I feel she is someone Ican go to if there is an issue. She is friendly and warm while being very professional.
So far everyone has been helpful and kind. This is a very stressful and confusing journey and they’re always happy to assist me witb questions or concerns.
I think that Dr. Erb is very trustworthy and competent. She is compassionate but professional. She is educated and up to date with the newest data. I trust her to have my best interests in mind and would highly recommend her!
Ask questions if you don’t understand!
I don’t remember exact protocol but it was on the more aggressive end.
Most of our costs have been covered by insurance.
My doctor told me she would only transfer one embryo. I agree with her on this and understand her reasoning as more than one could put me at high risk.

3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
They [the nurses at FIRM] were extremely caring and compassionate...We’ve really enjoyed our experience so far. Good communication, financially reasonable, caring staff. The only negative at the moment was a relatively limited amount of donated embryos to choose from...We did a FET with donor embryos. 2 or so weeks BCP, Estrace protocol followed by PIO and then transfer. Currently in TWW.
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Erb spent time talking with my husband and I, heard our concerns and adjusted accordingly.
They were extremely caring and compassionate.
We really like Dr. Erb. She’s always very nice and happy and seems knowledgeable and up to date. She spent time explaining our risks while giving us the space to make our own decisions. I would say her only downfall is maybe that she is a quick talker and tends to explain things from a very technical standpoint which can sometimes be confusing for someone without a medical degree.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and share your concerns
$6,000 for FET
Dr. Erb will transfer two embryos if the circumstances would call for it, but prefers to transfer single embryos.