Genetic counseling: Offered
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
386-254-8211
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine to a friend?

Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
We think very fondly of Dr. Duffy, however, it took one year, and three IVF cycles (including one miscarriage and one chemical pregnancy) to diagnose me with Stage 2 Endometriosis. ... At this time, we asked Dr. Duffy if we should try the ReceptivaDX biopsy to rule out endometriosis. Having no closure from our 3 previous losses, we were willing to try any test possible for an answer. Dr. Duffy did not think we needed to do the test and did
It’s great how this clinic [FL Ins Repro Med] allows you to have a primary doctor. It is comforting to 9 times out of 10 always see the same doctor and build a patient/doctor relationship with them. It really helps heighten your level of comfort in such uncomfortable times. ... The nursing staff overall was good but since transferring to another clinic I realize that Dr. Duffy's office is not great by any means. ...
Endometriosis, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
We came to Dr. Duffy after 3 attempts at another clinic. We had already been through 4 untested embryos, resulting in a chemical and a missed miscarriage. Dr. Duffy recommended PGS screening and the ERA for us immediately. We ended up miscarrying at 8 weeks with our one normal embryo from that cycle with no reason why. Dr. Duffy proceeded by performing a D&C surgery on me the first week of April. We mourned our loss but wanted to remain positive and move forward to try again. We went through two more IVF egg retrievals with the clinic over the summer, neither of them resulting in a normal embryo. One of the cycles was a mini-IVF and the other was a lupron-flare cycle, both were new protocols to us and looking back, not the best protocols for an endometriosis patient. At this time, we asked Dr. Duffy if we should try the ReceptivaDX biopsy to rule out endometriosis. Having no closure from our 3 previous losses, we were willing to try any test possible for an answer. Dr. Duffy did not think we needed to do the test and did not think that was the cause of my issues. He kept circling back to an egg quality issue. Therefore, he felt moving to donor eggs would be the next best protocol. This was a heavy pill to swallow. I am only 31 years old and have normal AMH, FSH, estrogen, progesterone, and every other level. The Recurrent Loss Panel also showed no discrepancies in my bloodwork. However, with the idea of a baby in mind, we proceeded with the donor egg route. We moved on to transfer the two blastocysts created with donor eggs. Once again, we remained positive and hopeful. Dr. Duffy completed the transfer and one week later I had a positive at home pregnancy test. We were very excited and did not take another test until beta day. However, my beta had dropped to show a chemical pregnancy. We did not understand why my body rejected these two embryos. Dr. Duffy even had me on the antihistamine protocol for this transfer with a series of blood thinner shots, antihistamine medication, estrogen and an increased dose of progesterone. We went back to the drawing board and had our re-consult with Dr. Duffy (again). Now, he wanted to perform the ReceptivaDX biopsy and thought I may actually have endometriosis. From the literature in the brochure and on the ReceptivaDX website, it sounded like I would fit the bill. I was unexplained and had a history of 4 miscarriages now within a 2 year span. This is not a normal diagnosis for a 31 year old healthy female. I was a bit frustrated, as I had requested to do the biopsy before diving into donor eggs and was told it was not necessary. We were glad to see Dr. Duffy had warmed to the idea though. We proceeded with the biopsy in November. Three days later my results came back and much to Dr. Duffy's surprise, I had a level of 3.6, indicating that endometriosis was most likely present in my body. Dr. Duffy was shocked and I believe some of his staff were also surprised. We immediately moved to discuss laproscopic surgery to remove the endometriosis. Dr. Duffy explained he would not know what stage it was until he went in for surgery. The lupron depot protocol was not necessary, as we had no embryos left to transfer. I also was very ready to get to the root of the problem and remove it. I was ready to fight whatever was standing in the way of us and our long-awaited baby. Dr. Duffy performed the surgery on December 12th and diagnosed me as stage 2 endometriosis. The photos were appalling. We cannot believe how long I went undiagnosed. We are happy to have removed it by a talented doctor such as Dr. Duffy but we are also frustrated that it took so long to get here and that we lost so much in the process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Duffy frequently runs behind for appointments. Better time management overall is needed in his office. Be your own advocate, because sometimes the doctors are not aggressive enough in treatment protocols.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
We have been established patients with Dr. Duffy since November 2018. We think very fondly of Dr. Duffy, however, it took one year, and three IVF cycles (including one miscarriage and one chemical pregnancy) to diagnose me with Stage 2 Endometriosis.
Describe the protocols Daniel Duffy used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For the first round, we used birth control followed by gonal f and menopur with our stims cycle. Dr. Duffy had us add in human growth hormone to help with egg quality. After the miscarriage, we tried a lupron-flare round (which did not end up producing any normal embryos) followed by a mini-ivf (which produced 2 eggs and 0 embryos).
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s great how this clinic allows you to have a primary doctor. It is comforting to 9 times out of 10 always see the same doctor and build a patient/doctor relationship with them. It really helps heighten your level of comfort in such uncomfortable times.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Since we have been with dr. Duffy, our insurance coverage has kicked in and has substantially helped with costs.
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The entire staff at the Daytona Beach F.I.R.M. Office is wonderful! They are so soft spoken but have awesome personalities that just calm your nerves entirely! They can laugh with you and hand you a tissue as soon as you become overwhelmed.... The Daytona office is newer and smaller than their main office in downtown Jacksonville, so for any more extensive procedures we would go there, but that is absolutely fine with us knowing that we are still able to do it IUI’s close to home!
Male Factor, PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Although we have only been with Dr. Freeman for just under a year, I can confidently say that we made the right choice when choosing him and the F.I.R.M.! He has been so incredibly honest and thorough in our appointments, our consultation lasted well over an hour and he constantly reassured us that we could ask as many questions as we want and not to feel rushed. Leaving our consultation, I was sent home with extensive lab orders, some tests I had previously done with my OBGYN, but he wanted to retest those levels to have a full reading done, which I appreciate that he wanted to “see what he was working with” instead of taking previous results and using those! Following my bloodwork, we had a reconsideration that also lasted nearly an hour. This was when he diagnosed me with PCOS and explained that I was no longer immune to varicella. Due to this, we had to rework our timeline, but he constantly reassured us that we would have a baby at the end of this! It’s natural for any couple battling infertility to breakdown from time to time, and he makes me feel so comfortable even when I’m crying! As nervous as I am to go through treatment (I have a very low pain tolerance), he has reassured us that he will be there for us and if he is at another one of their offices, we are absolutely able to go to that office if we would like. He easily relates things back to layman’s terms and doesn’t leave us feeling like we need to google anything! A great example was during our consultation, I questioned the catheter used for and IUI and he said, “next time you see spaghetti, take a good look, it’s about that size!” We’ve been through 5 IUIs (4 failures and currently in the TWW of our 5th), and with each and everyone, Dr. Freeman continues to be so optimistic. He always greets us with “Who is ready to get pregnant today!?” This May sound like such a small thing, but to us, it’s so much more than that. And with all of our failures, he has been right there to pick up the pieces and explain how we will move forward. He has even gone out of his way to call me personally after I’ve had scans with different REs in the practice (due to weekend rotation scheduling), he always wants to make sure we are comfortable and know that he is right there with us, even if he isn’t on call that weekend! All in all, we couldn’t have chosen a better doctor than Dr. Freeman and we are so happy to have him guiding us through this hard battle!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask absolutely any questions you can think of! He will always explain everything as simple as possible to make sure you fully understand. He wants to answer all possible questions to make you more comfortable!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
From our very first appointment, Dr. Freeman and the staff at the Daytona Beach F.I.R.M. Office gave us the hope of getting pregnant and being parents. Dr. Freeman and the staff have referred to my husband and I as “mom” and “dad” when having conversations and just those small, tiny words feel SO good to hear. Dr. Freeman started me on Metformin for my PCOS and once starting it, I missed my first cycle, but that didn’t mean the interactions with the office stopped. Susan, one of our incredible nurses, reached out to me to check on lab orders I was given and made me feel like they didn’t forget about me as “just a number”. Things like this have made me and my husband both feel like humans while being treated at the F.I.R.M.!
Describe the protocols Michael Freeman used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
During our consultation, Dr. Freeman discussed what he though his plan of action may be, pending lab results. Then, he said we would do letrozole and possibly a trigger shot (depending on lab results to see if Inovulate on my own) and then 4 or 5 IUI’s if need be before moving on. At the point of our consultation, I didn’t have an HSG done but due to no pain or symptoms, he said we could do 2 IUI’s and if they don’t take then we would do an HSG before continuing with IUI’s. Once my lab results came back, we went through each test, good and bad! He tested 21 levels, so it was quite an extensive appointment - which was great! From my labs, he diagnosed me with PCOS due to my insulin resistance and also found that I was not immune to varicella. He explained how both of these impact things and the plan of action. I was to receive both varicella vaccinations, I was to start of Metformin, and should go as low carb, sugar and dairy free as possible. I expressed that I had read some not so pleasant reviews on Metformin and he took about 10 minutes alone to explain how and why it works. The goal was to work my way up to 2,000mg a day of Extended Release MF but to start low and increase each week. I know this helped as I didn’t always have the negative side effects and even when I have had them, I stuck with it because I know he put me on it for a reason. Once I became immune to varicella, it was time to start our first IUI. After doing some debating, I decided I wanted to have my HSG prior to our first IUI because I didn’t want to hold onto the “what if”. That in itself was not comfortable at all, but I am so glad it’s behind me and that I have open tubes. We started our IUI just as he had explained, Letrozole and a trigger shot. I was incredibly nervous to give myself a shot, so for the first two IUIs it worked out that I was able to have our nurse, Crystal, do them. But by IUI number three, I had to suck it up and learn to do it myself. Dr. Freeman gave me a full lesson and made me so comfortable doing the shots on my own. This is just another example of how wonderful of a doctor he is!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan is the main nurse I speak with when I call or she calls me, but Crystal is who we have for almost all of our appointments. She is Dr. Freeman’s right hand girl!)
The entire staff at the Daytona Beach F.I.R.M. Office is wonderful! They are so soft spoken but have awesome personalities that just calm your nerves entirely! They can laugh with you and hand you a tissue as soon as you become overwhelmed. They are part of what makes this experience a little bit easier to manage our way through. They are also such great cheerleaders cycle after cycle!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Being that my husband and I live in Ormond Beach, FL (Volusia County), there aren't many clinics around. My OBGYN gave us the names of 3 offices and it was up to us to do our research. One of the recommendations was for a clinic with locations in Jacksonville and Orlando. We saw they were offering an IVF seminar in Orlando one Saturday last October, so we went and were disappointment by how cold the doctor and presentation felt. There were about 30 couples there, many of us newly diagnosed with infertility and speaking for ourselves, it was disappointing because we felt we were being pushed straight to IVF without looking at other options. So back to Google we went and we decided to take the first step of filling out the new patient application with the F.I.R.M. After using the F.I.R.M.’s Daytona Beach office for two SA’s (ordered by my OBGYN), we thought we should just inquire to see if IVF truly was our first step. To our surprise, I received a call just a few hours after filling out the paperwork and was told that everything through an IUI can be done in the Daytona office! What a relief!! We knew right then that we were already making the right decision. The Daytona office is newer and smaller than their main office in downtown Jacksonville, so for any more extensive procedures we would go there, but that is absolutely fine with us knowing that we are still able to do it IUI’s close to home!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
So far, we have paid a $25 copay for each appointment and $40 for each of our consultation and reconsideration. For our first IUI, we paid $110 for each ultrasound, but once I asked for them to be submitted through my insurance, we haven’t paid. We also pay $95 for each trigger shot. My HSG went fully covered and was done t a local imaging center as the Daytona office doesn’t have the necessary equipment, so we paid about $200 total for that. In totally, our insurance is billed for about $1200 for a three appointment IUI schedule, which we end up paying $75 of plus medications, bringing each IUI to just under $200. However, I know that my company will not offer any converse if we have to move on to IVF. Bloodwork, Metformin and the two varicella vaccinations I’ve received so far have all been done outside of the F.I.R.M. The total for these treatments has been $685.
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Dr. Kari Sproul von Goeben] speaks pretty fast but is willing to explain i details any questions we had. She was warm and compassionate to our situation. Since I have diminished ovarian reserve, she gave me percentage about using my own eggs, known donor or unknown donor. Our chances were higher with a donor egg.... The protocol was to be on endometrim, pio shots, and estrogen pills before and after embryo transfer.
The strength is that they [Florida Institute for Repro Med] are on top of their game as far as getting you in and seeing the doctor. The front desk people and staff nurse/techs were amazing at their job. I always got a call back in a timely manner.... Amy my nurse was phenomenal. She went above and beyond and answer my questions and concerns. She emailed me in a timely manner as picking up the phone is hard to communicate while I am at work.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
How was your experience with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
She speaks pretty fast but is willing to explain i details any questions we had. She was warm and compassionate to our situation. Since I have diminished ovarian reserve, she gave me percentage about using my own eggs, known donor or unknown donor. Our chances were higher with a donor egg.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be active participant with your appointments. Ask questions and write down answers as it’s hard to process all information and retain it. Be in your own time line.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
She explained the process well and expectations on using egg donors. During consultations and appointments she’s addressed all our concerns.
Describe the protocols Kari Sproul von Goeben used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
The protocol was to be on endometrim, pio shots, and estrogen pills before and after embryo transfer. It took 8 days to get a positive result and wouldn’t trade it all for anything. I stopped treatments at 12 weeks and was supported by firm and dr van goeben until the very last day. Overall great experience.
Amy my nurse was phenomenal. She went above and beyond and answer my questions and concerns. She emailed me in a timely manner as picking up the phone is hard to communicate while I am at work. We spoke on the phone when we needed to but mainly emailed which helps me remember details of our conversations. Amazing work.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The strength is that they are on top of their game as far as getting you in and seeing the doctor. The front desk people and staff nurse/techs were amazing at their job. I always got a call back in a timely manner.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
In the beginning I was being quoted more than I was prompted to. But with a simple phone call, we were able to settle the price well. Since they had recently moved to a different billing place, I do have a balance with them I’m still disputing.
Describe Kari Sproul von Goeben's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We weren’t given the option but I would still stick with single set. There’s always a chance of splitting and I’d rather have the chance of knowing 1 embryo was placed.
Jacksonville

Dr. Sproul von Goeben has provided great bedside manner and answered all questions thoroughly. ... I have only undergone monitored ovulation induction at this point but she does go out of her way to be kind and explain everything in detail which I appreciate. ... I used Letrozole and trigger shots 6 times (one with Clomid combined) but have yet to become pregnant (I'm 29 with hypothalamic/anovulation/lean PCOS) ...
Strengths [of Florida Institute for Repro Med] include ... having two offices with one open 24/7. Weakness would be sometimes a little rushed and there can be slight miscommunications stemming from this. ... The nursing staff has always been pleasant here. No complaints at this point though it's a little early since I haven't yet had the opportunity to do IVF.
Dr. Sproul von Goeben has provided great bedside manner and answered all questions thoroughly. She seems to genuinely care and I hope to see her for IVF one day. While I haven't yet become pregnant I have hypothalamic amenorrhea and lean PCOS so I think that it may be a tougher diagnosis to tackle than some.
Since I work 40 hours a week I can't be as selective with my appointment times but if there is flexibility then I would try to see Dr. Sproul von Goeben in this office. I had to see another doctor a couple of times and didn't find that he was as good a fit for me.
I have only undergone monitored ovulation induction at this point but she does go out of her way to be kind and explain everything in detail which I appreciate. I'm the type to come with a great deal of research of my own and to ask questions which she facilitated. She also is very kind and explained that she herself underwent IVF. I hope to do IVF with her one day.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths include Dr. Sproul von Goeben's bedside manner and having two offices with one open 24/7. Weakness would be sometimes a little rushed and there can be slight miscommunications stemming from this.
I would estimate that every cycle of ovulation induction cost me about $600 all OOP not including the testing before beginning treatment
I have read that she prefers single which is what we would choose to do if I am able to do IVF with her.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They don't call in prescriptions so I have spent an hour waiting before but this was a minor inconvenience although it was later in the evening for me after work and a work-related event.
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

2016 - 2019
Dr. Winslow was extremely professional and you could tell he had been doing this for a while. He treated my husband and I with kindness but provided a realistic picture of what to expect. He doesn't "sugar coat" things.... I was on a higher dose of menupur and gonal f (dont remember the exact dosage) due to my low smh. Dr. Winslow encouraged us to do PGS testing which I think contributed greatly to our first transfer success.
Billing is a weakness as they [Fl Inst for Repro Med] take time to respond. It has improved since I began with the office in 2016. The organization of the clinic is a strength. It's like a well oiled machine. The appointment times made it easy for my husband and I who lived 2,hours away.... They never called me with uterine fibroid biopsy results. The information was provided as soon as I called.
2016 - 2019
How was your experience with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I had a wonderful experience as a patient of Dr. Winslow's. I didn't want someone to baby me, just wanted someone to get me a baby and he did just that. He was realistic and encouraging. He explained things in a way my husband and I could understand.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions and listen. He knows what he is doing and wants you to succeed.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Kevin Winslow used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was on a higher dose of menupur and gonal f (dont remember the exact dosage) due to my low smh. Dr. Winslow encouraged us to do PGS testing which I think contributed greatly to our first transfer success. With a amh of .77, I had 14 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 7 made it to blast, and 3 were PGS normal. We were successful with our first frozen transfer.
All the nurses were wonderful. Patty is everything a nurse shoud be. She's kind, easy to talk to, patient, and understanding.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Billing is a weakness as they take time to respond. It has improved since I began with the office in 2016. The organization of the clinic is a strength. It's like a well oiled machine. The appointment times made it easy for my husband and I who lived 2,hours away.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Our cycle with PGS testing was around $11,500. Our frozen transfer was $3000.
Describe Kevin Winslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
With PGS testing, Dr. Winslow was very encouraging to only transfer one embryo.
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

2017 - 2019
Dr. Von Goeben (having gone through infertity treatments herself), is very warm and welcoming. She is compassionate, in one of the hardest industries. She has been very patient and thorough with my husband and I which has helped us a lot....I’ve been treated for unexplained infertility since late 2017. I began with the normal testing, including testing for my husband. We then went into clomid and clomid plus trigger shot plus IUIs. I ended up needing surgery to remove some cysts that were not resolving on their own. We are now moving into IVF.
Strengthens- Relatively easy to get an appointment, including weekends and same day. Having multiple locations [Florida Institute for Repro Med] is very nice. Weaknesses- The administrative staff is not the best (particularly their billing staff). With infertify, some tests are very time sensitive and once my account was put on hold, because the staff collected the wrong amount.... IUI Cycles-$500-$600 a cycle. Clomid was covered under my insurance at the local pharmacy. IVF- early stages so unsure of the exact costs.
2017 - 2019
Trust her and follow her lead. She knows what she is doing and it’s a process that may take longer than you want.
As a provider, Dr. Von Goerban truly cares about me as a patient. When I come back into the office after a failed cycle, I’ve been greeted with a warm smile and a hug, which has helped ease how hard this process has been. She’s been through it herself so she has first hand knowledge.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengthens- Relatively easy to get an appointment, including weekends and same day. Having multiple locations is very nice. Weaknesses- The administrative staff is not the best (particularly their billing staff). With infertify, some tests are very time sensitive and once my account was put on hold, because the staff collected the wrong amount.
IUI Cycles-$500-$600 a cycle. Clomid was covered under my insurance at the local pharmacy. IVF- early stages so unsure of the exact costs. Early indication suggest $7-$8k a round plus medications. Our insurance will not cover it nor the medications.
Jacksonville

It’s great how this clinic [FL Institute for Reproductive Med-Jacksonville] allows you to have a primary doctor. It is comforting to 9 times out of 10 always see the same doctor and build a patient/doctor relationship with them. It really helps heighten your level of comfort in such uncomfortable times.... All of the nurses and medical assistants have been so helpful. One in particular has made herself readily available via text or phone for us through this entire process which has helped with all of our numerous questions at all times of the day. They really want you to succeed as much as you want to.
We came to Dr. Duffy after 3 attempts at another clinic. We had already been through 4 untested embryos, resulting in a chemical and a missed miscarriage. Dr. Duffy recommended PGS screening and the ERA for us immediately. We ended up miscarrying at 8 weeks with our one normal embryo from that cycle and although we are sad, we also are moving forward because Dr. Duffy has gotten us further than any other doctor. We trust him and know he will work his hardest to get us the baby we have been waiting for.
Sometimes dr. Duffy can run behind for appointments but it’s only because he spends as much time as needed with each patient.
Dr. Duffy has been very caring and supportive through the entire process.
We used birth control followed by gonal f and menopur with our stims cycle. Dr. Duffy had us add in human growth hormone to help with egg quality.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Their main clinic [Florida Inst for Repro Med] is in Jacksonville and they have a smaller clinic in Daytona. I wish I had known that the same level of care is not available in the Daytona office. Everyone is very nice and helpful at that office, but it is a lot smaller and doesn't offer all the services.... The main care coordinator, Emma, is really nice and helpful, yet it seems like she might have too much stuff going on and sometimes she gives the impression that some balls are dropped. She also seems a little bit in a hurry when I talk to her, so I need to have already written down and ready the questions I need to ask her.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
How was your experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Erb has a quiet disposition and seems a little bit young. However, she is very thorough in her work and seems very knowledgeable. I was very thankful when she listened to my concerns about a treatment she had prescribed and was willing to go over the alternatives and found something we both felt more comfortable with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to ask questions. Take notes and don't be afraid to ask if you don't understand something. Slow her down if necessary. She is great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
On my first consultation. Dr. Erb was very professional, yet I felt like Dr. Erb was in a hurry and spoke quickly to explain the procedures, etc. However, on my next consults she was very kind and listened to my questions, answering them as best as she could. She didn't pretend to have all the answers, but always tried her best to let us know that she would find the best treatment for us. So, I definitely felt like a human.
Describe the protocols Teresa Erb used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Erb prescribed an HSG and then a Hysteroscopy because she saw a mass that was suspicious. During the Hysteroscopy she ended up removing some polyps and also noticed that I had lesions from Endometriosis on my uterus. She then prescribed treatment with Lupron for two months to control de Endometriosis before the embryo transfer. When I voiced my concerns about Lupron, she switched to a month of Letrozole 7.5/day. I will then keep taking bcp, and after a couple of weeks will start estrace for other 2 weeks until my next consultation, at which I think I will start progesterone injections and then hopefully be ready for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma Langley)
The main care coordinator, Emma, is really nice and helpful, yet it seems like she might have too much stuff going on and sometimes she gives the impression that some balls are dropped. She also seems a little bit in a hurry when I talk to her, so I need to have already written down and ready the questions I need to ask her. All her directions are given orally, nor written, which sometimes seems like it would be easier to make a mistake or miscalculate.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It seems to be a good clinic, which has lots of good reviews in the State. Their main clinic is in Jacksonville and they have a smaller clinic in Daytona. I wish I had known that the same level of care is not available in the Daytona office. Everyone is very nice and helpful at that office, but it is a lot smaller and doesn't offer all the services.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I am not done yet, but the procedure for a transfer embryo is supposed to be between 7,000 and 10,000 including consultations and ultrasounds.
Describe Teresa Erb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My doctor did have a very strong preference to single embryo transfer in my case because of my age (45). She said it would be too risky to implant more than one embryo at a time. We believed her, but it didn't seem like that was open for discussion
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
There was a little confusion with whether I should be taking bcp before a procedure. I wasn't told anything when getting instructions, and then I was called back to be told I needed to take it. There was also an incident where I was scheduled a procedure before it was the right time during my cycle, so I had to go again later. I must say that was a weird cycle for me, though, otherwise it would've probably been ok even if not on the fifth day
Teresa Erb
Jacksonville

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

Male Factor, Other
From the very beginning doctor Freeman was extremely personable. He reviewed our records and was very thorough. Although I wanted to start treatment right away he has made sure to cover every base to make sure that our IVF ground is successful... We were referred to dr. Freeman in June 2018 after my husband was diagnosed with cbavd. Dr. Freeman had my husband go through blood work, an MRI, and more blood work. He has done a exam on my husband as well.
From my very first tearful phone call to the clinic, they [Florida Inst for Repro Med] were compassionate and welcoming. We were able to get our first appointment fairly quickly and they have always worked with my schedule. I felt like after the first visit they actually do you know your name and will somewhat recognize you at Future visits.... my husband said that the semen analysis room was not okay. It is very clinical. It is not a comfortable room to provide a semen analysis in.
European, Other
Male Factor, Other
From the very beginning doctor Freeman was extremely personable. He reviewed our records and was very thorough. Although I wanted to start treatment right away he has made sure to cover every base to make sure that our IVF ground is successful. As frustrating as it is that we have to wait longer, I know he is attempting to get us in the best spot possible for a positive pregnancy. He is very thorough! We have never had to wait long in the waiting room.
Be yourself! And ask lots of questions. He has never seemed so annoyed or irritated at my many questions. You can also handle my husband's sarcastic sense of humor. I think he allowed my husband to feel at ease during the appointments. He wasn't an uptight dr.
He understands our sarcastic personality and is very friendly. We actually laughed during very tense doctor's appointments when I usually feel like crying!
We were referred to dr. Freeman in June 2018 after my husband was diagnosed with cbavd. Dr. Freeman had my husband go through blood work, an MRI, and more blood work. He has done a exam on my husband as well. He prescribed my husband Clomid and dostinex. We saw my husband's numbers rise considerably within the past month on the medication. Starting next month I will start birth control to begin the IVF process
We are still very early on in the process so have a meet dealt with nurses for blood work and consultation. There are times when it seems like we always have to leave a message but the nurses do eventually call back. During blood work they have been very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
From my very first tearful phone call to the clinic, they were compassionate and welcoming. We were able to get our first appointment fairly quickly and they have always worked with my schedule. I felt like after the first visit they actually do you know your name and will somewhat recognize you at Future visits. Doctor Freeman has been optimistic when I have not been. He is very candid, and just a great doctor. We are still early on in our process but I feel that he will be the support that is needed for my husband and me. My husband is not crazy about doctors but has stated that he really likes him. That was really important to me. Dr. Freeman talks in our language and never tries to go way above our heads with medical information, just what we need to know. I would like an email for the nurses as it seems that we always have to leave voicemails. Also my husband said that the semen analysis room was not okay. It is very clinical. It is not a comfortable room to provide a semen analysis in.
The IVF roind was going to be around 16,000. However, our insurance I will now provide coverage. I was quoted around $3,500 for our first cycle including what our insurance will cover. My husband's sperm extraction will be $2,000. Doctor visits are usually around $100 or more.
Jacksonville

Doctor Winslow is very candid and to the point. Which is great if you want the facts. However, as we were dealing with secondary infertility we were made to feel like IVF was going to be successful for us. ... but when he called me with the news that none of our embryos made it past day 5 he told us that our only hope going forward would be to use donor eggs or embryos. This news would have been better suited to a follow-up next steps consultation.
It is a very busy clinic [FL Ins Repro Med] and you do feel like a number. If you are someone that needs compassionate or delicate care then this might not be the right place for you. We did not have success with this clinic and we felt like we were left hanging after being told that we had no embryos to transfer. There was no follow up. Additionally about a week after getting this news I received a call from the genetic testing lab asking why FIRM had not sent anything to be tested.
Doctor Winslow is very candid and to the point. Which is great if you want the facts. However, as we were dealing with secondary infertility we were made to feel like IVF was going to be successful for us. I don't mind that Doctor Winslow is blunt, but when he called me with the news that none of our embryos made it past day 5 he told us that our only hope going forward would be to use donor eggs or embryos. This news would have been better suited to a follow-up next steps consultation.
Know that statistically your first cycle will be unsuccessful!
The office staff are great in general. However there were several instances where I had to chase information. Also when it came to delivering the news that none of our embryos made it past day 5 so we had nothing to transfer we were told over the phone and there was no follow up.
The nurses are very kind and compassionate however they are busy.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is a very busy clinic and you do feel like a number. If you are someone that needs compassionate or delicate care then this might not be the right place for you. We did not have success with this clinic and we felt like we were left hanging after being told that we had no embryos to transfer. There was no follow up. Additionally about a week after getting this news I received a call from the genetic testing lab asking why FIRM had not sent anything to be tested. I was still very hurt and upset at this point and had to call FIRM to make sure that they weren't sending anything and that we would not be charged for the genetic testing.
All of our testing was done at another clinic. For one cycle of IVF (only retrieval, no transfer) we paid around $12,000 and another $5500 for drugs.
If doing genetic testing then he would only transfer one embryo
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
The clinic sent prescriptions that could not be filled by my local pharmacy. I had to call both the pharmacy and the clinic several times to sort this out.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Dr. Winslow is very professional, yet personable. He is understanding and willing to spend time with you to have you leave feeling fully content. He had a flexible schedule and truly wants to fulfill your specific wants/needs. I have dealt with two miscarriages while under the care of Dr. Winslow, and he couldn’t have dealt with such tough conversations better.
A huge strength is the flexibility of their schedule and office hours. I work 13 hour shifts which makes most appointment scheduling hectic. But, not with FIRM. They catered to every schedule need. I was also able to speak to my nurse directly any time of the day. ... They are upfront with their costs. So much so, that their cost sheet is posted on their website. Never any surprises. And occasionally a thrown in freebie!
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
Ask questions! He is fully willing to sit with you and answer anything. No matter how small.
Each appointment was very personalized.
Two cycles of femara with trigger shot. First one, I got a BFP and miscarried just before six weeks. Second cycle, I got a BFP and miscarried just prior to 11 weeks. I was on progesterone suppositories and estradiol patches the second time around to prevent miscarriage due to lining issues. Turned out the embryo had a genetic problem that was diagnosed after genetic testing with my D&C.
The nursing staff was so warm and welcoming. They truly treated me like a friend of theirs. They knew me each time I came in. They celebrated the highs and grieved with me the lows. They are all absolutely wonderful people.
Jacksonville

I really wanted to do a fresh transfer, especially since we live on the opposite side of the country from the FIRM in Jacksonville, but she [Dr. Sproul von Goeben] felt like we were going to be happier long term if we went for a larger wuantity of embryos and a frozen transfer. I’m glad I trusted her and followed through with that treatment plan ... She definitely had a plan at each appointment, she was kind, and she remembered little things about my son who joined me at a few appointments
I’ve heard nothing but positive things about the Florida Institute For Repeoductive Medicine, and although I’m still in the middle of my treatment, I would have to agree it’s everyone else. I haven’t run into anything yet that would cause me to believe otherwise. ... She [nurse] has been incredible! She makes me feel so welcome and like she actually cares about me. She’s done everything she can to make this experience go as smooth as it can.
She was amazing. She made me feel comfortable at each appointment, and she laid everything out in an easy to understand way. She definitely had a plan at each appointment, she was kind, and she remembered little things about my son who joined me at a few appointments. She really knows her stuff, and I trust her advice and recommendations completely!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, and speak up if you have concerns!
She spent plenty of time with me at each appointment and fully answered all of my questions.
I really wanted to do a fresh transfer, especially since we live on the opposite side of the country from the FIRM in Jacksonville, but she felt like we were going to be happier long term if we went for a larger wuantity of embryos and a frozen transfer. I’m glad I trusted her and followed through with that treatment plan, although she did offer to back off the medications and allow us to go for a fresh transfer with less embryos. I used Gonal F (225 units for 13 days) and Menopur (1 vial-75 units for 13 days), along with cetrotide (7 days) and 2 Lupron triggers. The medications were easy to inject, and I ended up with zero side effects. I had 16 mature eggs at my retrieval, and 12 day 2 embryos. I’ll find out the final embryo count in 2 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Catherine)
She has been incredible! She makes me feel so welcome and like she actually cares about me. She’s done everything she can to make this experience go as smooth as it can.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
$8,200 for a single IVF cycle (10% military discount included), which included anesthesia, ICSI, and cryo. My medications were about $2,800. My FET will be $3,000 plus the cost of medications (around $300, I believe).
We have not done our frozen transfer yet, but I will update once it’s done!
Jacksonville

Dr. Duffy is very knowledgeable, kind and curious. He's a bit hyper and can delivery news (sometimes bad news!) in a way that feels lacking in care but it's not. Sometime's he talks a bit fast and can run through the course of action quick and he'll need to repeat again. Just ask him to... We are doing a pretty straight forward medicated IUI cycle which I'm in the middle of. We did however put the cycle on hold to get rid of an ovarian cyst that was found during a visit last month. Two weeks of BC did the job and the IUI is on track to happen soon.
Everyone I have talked with at FIRM (nurses, staff, Drs etc) have been helpful and knowledgeable. The location of our clinic is about 3 hours away from the MAIN location so you will have to travel for some procedures (IVF, certain IUIs etc). Sometimes it can take a while to be seen so plan accordingly. It took over an hour on a few visits but sometimes I get seen right away... Dr. Duffy (and perhaps all the doctors at FIRM) are more aggressive and more willing to try new treatments/tests than our previous clinic. This is something we need right now
European, Latino
Dr. Duffy was the first Dr. to diagnose my husband with severe male factor infertility. At the time this was a lot to take in and very emotional. I felt he was too blunt (he isn't really) and I wanted a second opinion. We ended up doing IVF at another clinic. Through the years of this journey I've grown a thicker skin and learned blunt is good. We are now back at FIRM and back with Dr. Duffy set up to try IUI using donor (a known to us donor) sperm. After being at 2 clinics I've realized Dr. Duffy (and perhaps all the doctors at FIRM) are more aggressive and more willing to try new treatments/tests than our previous clinic. This is something we need right now... aggression. Dr. Duffy is also very curious and excitable and truly wants to get to the bottom of the problems.
Dr. Duffy remembered after we returned to FIRM after 1.5 years of treatment at another clinic. He is very through and wants to get to the bottom of the issue and you can tell!
We are about to do our first IUI at FIRM with Dr. Duffy. We are doing a pretty straight forward medicated IUI cycle which I'm in the middle of. We did however put the cycle on hold to get rid of an ovarian cyst that was found during a visit last month. Two weeks of BC did the job and the IUI is on track to happen soon.
The nursing staff at FIRM is much larger than my previous clinic. This makes it a little harder to develop relationships with them but they are all kind and do what they can to help as far as I can tell.

Anovulation, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
She [Dr. Sproul Von Goeben] is so warm & courteous. She knows who I am and our story before she enters the room. I never have to “fill her in” to continue my care. She is genuine & we feel like she is on our team! Rooting for us!...She looks at me as a whole and not just another person she is trying to get pregnant. She is thorough. Patient. Answers every question with honest answers, making sure you understand everything she’s said. She is empathetic. She genuinely is rooting for us and doing everything in her power to help us get AND STAY pregnant.
The offices [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] are comfortable enough considering you’re there for an uncomfortable reason. Always clean which is super important!...They are very flexible with scheduling and work to get you in quickly, including weekend appointments...Every time I call to speak with the nurses with a question they are always compassionate and helpful. They always promptly return my calls.
Anovulation, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Von Goeben is such a blessing! We had seen two other providers prior to her and my care was subpar. One of whom even missing underlying conditions and denying testing even though I asked for it. Once I switched to Dr Von Goeben she immediately saw what I saw, Ordered the appropriate tests, explained that she felt like we needed to start at the beginning so that nothing is missed. So we did. She re-evaluated me as if I were a new patient. She looks at me as a whole and not just another person she is trying to get pregnant. She is thorough. Patient. Answers every question with honest answers, making sure you understand everything she’s said. She is empathetic. She genuinely is rooting for us and doing everything in her power to help us get AND STAY pregnant.
Be 100% honest with her. Trust her. Be willing to be patient and follow through with her directions. She really does know what she is talking about.
She is so warm & courteous. She knows who I am and our story before she enters the room. I never have to “fill her in” to continue my care. She is genuine & we feel like she is on our team! Rooting for us!
First thing we did was reevaluate my case. From sonohistograms to a TON of blood work. She also discovered I had an underlying condition that needed to be treated by an Endocrinologist so she referred me to an amazing one. She also referred me to an amazing OBGYN. Once all of the underlying “mess” was streightened out we did a round of birth control to keep my lining thin and allow a cyst to heal. Then a round of 100mg of Clomid for 6 days, followed by a trigger shot & an IUI. Which I am currently in the tww from. Because of my past treatment, she knew I would respond to the Clomid & She feels IUI will work for us since I did get pregnant (ended in loss) with my last IUI. She feels that my underlying undiagnosed Hashimoto’s with Hypothyroidism was the cause of my previous losses... I can’t share my results yet.... because I don’t have them! (Hellos two week wait.)
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The offices are comfortable enough considering you’re there for an uncomfortable reason. Always clean which is super important! At this clinic you are always seen my your Dr, even on the weekends you’ll see the on call Dr, never a nurse practitioner or nurse. They are very flexible with scheduling and work to get you in quickly, including weekend appointments.
All diagnostic things are covered by my insurance. And a detailed list of FIRM’s pricing for all services can be found on their website. I believe an IUI CYCLE is around $650 with meds or extra scans.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
With my first pregnancy my progesterone was dangerously low after my first beta & I was told progesterone suppositories were called into the pharmacy- so of course I went to get them as soon as I could & my pharmacy didn’t have it. I was able to call the on call Dr and get it called in and filled that night. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in loss. Another issue was with a different provider at this clinic whom refused to order blood work to test my thyroid even though I had symptoms and specifically requested the test. Eventually he ordered the test and the results were abnormal and he didn’t call to let me know as he said he would. I learned about the abnormal result once quest posted the results on my app.... I called several times and the results were dismissed. This is what prompted me to switch to my current physician, Dr. Von Goeben and she immediately saw my results as a red flag.

2 IUI, IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Winslow educated us on the positives and negatives of transferring 1 embryo vs 2, he ultimately left it up to us to decide... takes his time to explain most thing pretty detailed, sometimes it requires prompting with questions, but I've never felt like he did not care about me or what was happening to my body. He shows some emotion and isn't like a robot when delivering good or bad news. Dr. Winslow calls personally with an update of how fertilization and embryo growth is looking after an egg retrieval. You can tell that he cares.
I have only had to be put on hold one time [at FIRM] I believe because their phones were really busy. The girls up front at great & show compassion as well. The only complaint I have as far as the clinics weakness would be whenever I am waiting on my HCG blood test results, it is always the end of the day before I am called. I always ask my lab to send them over ASAP (as it states on the lab order) but I haven't been called prior to 3:00 pm with these results yet, and anyone who has ever waited around on these results knows how much anxiety it brings with it.
2 IUI, IVF, 2 Embryo Freezing
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
From the from consultation, I've always liked Dr. Winslow. When first beginning, we did IUI and encouraged us to do multiple rounds but when he saw how devastated we were, he did not hesitate to encourage us and say that we can move on and explain the next steps (IVF). When beginning IVF, Dr. Winslow was very thorough and helped us to fully understand the medications & how to do injections. He even offered to draw a bulls-eye on me to show my husband where to insert the needle. After the egg retrieval, Dr. Winslow called me himself to let me know how many eggs were fertilized. He then called me a couple of days later to let me know that none of the fertilized eggs made it to 5day blasts. One thing I did not like when he called me was that he left me a voice message and delivered this devastating news that way. I understand that his time is valuable and this may would have been his only opportunity to deliver this information, but it was rough listening to it on a voicemail message (it would have been rough hearing it live from him also though too). We went back to Dr. Winslow for a post-ivf consult, he met with my husband and I in his office. Not one time did I feel rushed or like anyone did not care. Dr. Winslow showed true concern and listened to us and helped us through it all. During our second round of ivf we received the same great care as before, luckily this time it ended with better news. Dr. Winslow was just as excited as we were to hear how many eggs were retrieved and how many embryos we ended up with. When getting ready for our transfer, Dr. Winslow advised us on how many embryos he would recommend transferring but ultimately left it up to us whether to do 1 or 2. After receiving a positive pregnancy test, we went in at 6 weeks for our first ultrasound. This showed one strong perfect heartbeat and Dr. Winslow seemed just as thrilled and excited as we were and congratulated us. We returned the next week to confirm everything was looking good, sadly the heartbeat had stopped. Dr. Winslow took his time to look and show us to make sure he was correct, he was. I could tell that he hated delivering this news to us nearly as much as we hated hearing it. I never once felt like he did not care for us as his patients. Dr. Winslow thoroughly explains everything on the ultrasound screen as well as the treatment plan ahead. Dr. Winslow does seem to take a bit longer than usual to insert the ultrasound wand, I assume he is just not wanting to just "jab" it in. We are not complete with our treatment, we still have embryos left to transfer and plan on gearing up for our next one here soon, but I do not regret using Dr. Winslow!
Write down questions prior to appointments so you don't forget what to ask, in case he does not cover everything. And record consults and important conversations with your phone.
Dr. Winslow takes his time to explain most thing pretty detailed, sometimes it requires prompting with questions, but I've never felt like he did not care about me or what was happening to my body. He shows some emotion and isn't like a robot when delivering good or bad news. Dr. Winslow calls personally with an update of how fertilization and embryo growth is looking after an egg retrieval. You can tell that he cares.
My first round of ivf for egg retrieval I began with 225 units or Gonal F & 2 vials of Menopur daily. On day 7 I began Cetrotide. On day 9, Dr. Winslow upped my Gonal F to 300 units and I stopped the Gonal F and Menopur on Day 10. I continued the Cetrotide through Day 12 and also did Lupron trigger shot in the PM of Day 12 & AM of Day 13 with the retrieval being on Day 14. This resulted in 6 eggs retrieved & 0 embryos. My second round of IVF for egg retrieval we started right out with 300 units of Gonal F & 2 vials of Menopur, we also added in 53 units of Human Growth Hormone. I began cetrotide on Day 7 again. This time, I continued the Gonal F, Menopur & HGH through day 12. on Day 13 PM and 14 AM I did the Lupron trigger shot with the retrieval being day 15. This resulted in 16 eggs retrieved & 10 embryos frozen. For my transfer, I began taking Endometrin about a week - 2 prior to transfer and I began Progesterone in oil every other day beginning the day before transfer. I continued 2 Endometrin inserted twice daily and Progesterone in oil every other day until we found out the heartbeat stopped (otherwise I would have continued it through week 12
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
Patty has been nothing but great to us! Patty shows genuine concern & compassion with whatever we are going through. when first getting ready to begin injections, Patty took her time to explain and demonstrate using the needles and syringes. She made sure we understood everything and assured that we could call after hours if we had any questions or concerns. Anytime i speak with Patty on the phone or pass her in the hallway at the office she takes time to ask me how I am doing, and I can tell she really cares & wants to know. I also feel like Patty always remembers my name and recognizes me (which I know can be hard when you see so many people every day). She is great!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Anytime I call, the phone is answered before the 2nd or third ring. I have only had to be put on hold one time I believe because their phones were really busy. The girls up front at great & show compassion as well. The only complaint I have as far as the clinics weakness would be whenever I am waiting on my HCG blood test results, it is always the end of the day before I am called. I always ask my lab to send them over ASAP (as it states on the lab order) but I haven't been called prior to 3:00 pm with these results yet, and anyone who has ever waited around on these results knows how much anxiety it brings with it. The clinic is open 7 days a week (though phones are off during the weekend, but you can be connected to a nurse if needed) so it is really nice to be able to make appointments on Saturday or Sunday if necessary. This clinic does not hesitate and always keeps the ball rolling!
I am 100% out of pocket, no insurance. All of their fees are listed on their website & are 100% accurate. We chose the single IVF cycle which has a fee of $6900 plus $800 for ICSI and $750 for cyropreservation. All medication, I bought separately through a pharmacy unless I needed some extra on a dy of a visit, then I was able to purchase a vial at the clinic.
Jacksonville

He [Dr. Freeman] genuinely cares about his patients...is always upfront and honest with my wife and I. He doesn’t allow room for false hope and we really like that. We are 100 percent self pay and try’s his best to not do anything that’s going to cause extra...When things unexpectedly happen he always answers our questions and doesn’t fill us with false hope. I feel comfortable with him during our scans and IUIs.
The nursing staff [at FIRM] is always will to take my call when I need it the most. If for some reason they can’t they always return my phone call. They care compassionate and caring. Even when I feel like I call too much or ask too many silly questions they never make me feel that way...the prices are reasonable compared to other clinics I’ve researched. They are very up front with their prices on their website. Our IUI is only 310. Trigger shot was 115 and ultra sound was 135. Also, our consultation initially was 100 but went down to 70 after the third one. I feel comfortable paying these prices and never feel cheated or taken advantage of.
Doctor freeman has and continues to be honest with us. When things unexpectedly happen he always answers our questions and doesn’t fill us with false hope. I feel comfortable with him during our scans and IUIs. I have recommended two of my friends there and they are currently patients of his.
I would let them know that he is honest and blunt. Doesn’t beat around the bush and in this journey that’s something that is needed. He doesn’t give you the feeling of just wanting to take your money and move into the next. He genuinely cares about his patients.
Doctor freeman is always upfront and honest with my wife and I. He doesn’t allow room for false hope and we really like that. We are 100 percent self pay and try’s his best to not do anything that’s going to cause extra. He makes us feel as though he really cares. His staff is also amazing because they never get tired of me calling and asking questions.
Our consultation was very informative. We asked me questions about my health and then scheduled blood work and an HSG right away. My first IUI was a natural cycle. My second cycle he decided to get me on letrozole due to the first IUI failure. He also monitored me closing and for this IUI he introduced a trigger shot. I didn’t respond as well as he hoped to the meds but we did the second IUI with a trigger shot. Unfortunately that was also a failure. My third IUI was a natural perfect cycle with a trigger but that was also a failure. We are currently taking a small 3 week break and starting back with letrozole for a fourth cycle. I am confident in the choices he has made. He always asks me what I think or how I feel about using the meds. He never assumes I’m ok with it. He’s gives us choices and what the possible out come could be of either choice.
The nursing staff is always will to take my call when I need it the most. If for some reason they can’t they always return my phone call. They care compassionate and caring. Even when I feel like I call too much or ask too many silly questions they never make me feel that way.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Since we are an lgbt couple we use donor sperm. I do wish I could do the IUI at the office that’s closest to me instead of driving two hours away for the IUI. I understand why they do it this way so it’s not something that turns me away. The two friends that I referred there don’t use donor sperm so they are able to to the IUIs at the closer clinic. Both offices are always very clean and sterile.
We are self pay so to me the prices are reasonable compared to other clinics I’ve researched. They are very up front with their prices on their website. Our IUI is only 310. Trigger shot was 115 and ultra sound was 135. Also, our consultation initially was 100 but went down to 70 after the third one. I feel comfortable paying these prices and never feel cheated or taken advantage of.
Describe Michael Freeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I have not spoken to dr freeman about this process yet.
Jacksonville

Dr. Duffy takes the time to sit and explain the options, the science, and best and worst case scenario. He has a busy practice but you don’t feel rushed when you are with him. He understands this process is challenging but he is in your corner and is always optimistic despite the presented hurdles.... I have low AMH/DOR. We went with max doses of Gonal F and Menopure and Stimmed for 14 days, I was a slow responder. We retrieved 5 eggs. 4 blatocysts came from that. 2 transfers, 2 embryos each time both a pregnancy was achieved.
Multiple locations [of FIRM] in Jacksonville is great. I wish the Baptist South office could do more procedures because the parking downtown is not convenient. Reminder calls and calls from billing to let you know what your costs will be prior to the visit, if any, would be really helpful.... 3 cycles was $15,500- meds separate. Frozen transfers are about $2500 each, not including meds... Great staff. Supportive, friendly but also show support and compassion through the process.
Dr. Duffy is all around a pleasant person to be around. He acts like your coach and pumps you up to feel confident that you can get a win. When and if things don’t go as planned, he is supportive and compassionate. He works with Boyt my husband and I to help us understand the Science, physiology, and lays out the path to have a successful pregnancy. My first cycle I worked with a few other doctors in the practice and wish that I hadn’t but I didn’t know I had the option to solely request Dr Duffy. He has a special way to help you remain positive when with others you left feeling hopeless.
Do your best to schedule all your appointments With him rather than others in The office. Ivf is a tough journey and you want to go through it with a doctor that is a champion on your side through the entire thing.
I have low AMH/DOR. We went with max doses of Gonal F and Menopure and Stimmed for 14 days, I was a slow responder. We retrieved 5 eggs. 4 blatocysts came from that. 2 transfers, 2 embryos each time both a pregnancy was achieved. The first got all the way to ultrasound to find a miscarriage and the second was a chemical pregnancy. We completed an ERA , awaiting results and currently on meds to grow new eggs. Similar protocol but added HGH.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Multiple locations in Jacksonville is great. I wish the Baptist South office could do more procedures because the parking downtown is not convenient. Reminder calls and calls from billing to let you know what your costs will be prior to the visit, if any, would be really helpful.
Describe Daniel Duffy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The max they will transfer is 2. Reason was the increased number of embryos doesn’t substantially increase your chances but absolutely increases chances of multiples and health issues for mom.

IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Dr. Freeman takes on difficult cases and doesn't give up quickly... is wonderful, he's both warm and smart. He gives you the facts but in a caring way. When we have spoken on both the phone and with a sit down in his office, he takes the time to answer all your questions or explain it in a different way if you don't understand...We went through everything and discussed the changes that we would make in hopes of a better outcome all around ( more eggs, better quality) so that we will have more embryos in the next round. We felt very confident in our new plan, but still wanted a little break and he was totally understanding of that and agreed, reassuring me that whenever I'm ready for round 2, so is he!
FIRM is a large practice with 5 great RE's, you always see an MD for your appointments and they do treatments based on your cycle ( no batch IVF, retrevials or transfers) they do it all everyday and the care is very personalized. Another thing that I love is that most everything is done "in-house" including PGS testing and its all contained on the same floor...She [nurse] always called me back the same day if I left a message and was available to answer questions. The rest of the FIRM staff is also great, the scheduling staff, medical assistants and billing department are friendly, kind and compassionate.
IUI, 1 IVF
Male Factor, PCOS, Unexplained
Although our 1st round of IVF didn't go the way any of us ( including Dr. Freeman) wanted, we had a consult with him after our FET failed and he was very compassionate. We went through everything and discussed the changes that we would make in hopes of a better outcome all around ( more eggs, better quality) so that we will have more embryos in the next round. We felt very confident in our new plan, but still wanted a little break and he was totally understanding of that and agreed, reassuring me that whenever I'm ready for round 2, so is he!
Don't be afraid to ask tough questions! Dr. Freeman takes on difficult cases and doesn't give up quickly
Dr. Freeman is wonderful, he's both warm and smart. He gives you the facts but in a caring way. When we have spoken on both the phone and with a sit down in his office, he takes the time to answer all your questions or explain it in a different way if you don't understand.
Our primary diagnosis is PCOS/Unexplained Infertility. All of my anatomic diagnostic tests - HSG, SHG/Mock transfer, and general uterine biopsy all came back great. No blockages, cysts, polyps, fibroids, inflammation or infections. My bloodwork all looked good other then an elevated AMH ( in the 9.0 range) and slightly elevated testosterone and lots of follicles on US lead to the PCOS diagnosis. So we slightly conservative with the protocol to hopefully avoid OHSS. We did Gonal-F (125 units for 6 days and then 175units for 6 days), Menopur (one vialfor 12 days) and Cetrotide ( added in on the 6th day). After 12 days double triggered with 40 units of Lupron ( 24 and 12 hrs before retrevial). We retrieved 13 eggs, but only 6 were mature. At FIRM if you are doing PGS, all eggs must be ICSI'd so we did that for the 6 and only 2 made it to Day 5, we still chose PGS and we got one PGS normal, so the next cycle we did an ERA biopsy to make sure we transferred at the perfect time in hopes of avoiding a failed transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty Josim)
Patty was the nurse that I interacted with the most during my cycle. We did all of our paperwork, injection teaching and she called me with most of my test results. She always called me back the same day if I left a message and was available to answer questions. The rest of the FIRM staff is also great, the scheduling staff, medical assistants and billing department are friendly, kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a large practice with 5 great RE's, you always see an MD for your appointments and they do treatments based on your cycle ( no batch IVF, retrevials or transfers) they do it all everyday and the care is very personalized. Another thing that I love is that most everything is done "in-house" including PGS testing and its all contained on the same floor. The only thing that I wish was that they had slightly better hours. They are open 7:00-4:30 M-F but close for almost 2 hours (12-2) for lunch and staff meetings so you cant get ahold of them during that time.
Our single IVF round included monitoring US and bloodwork, egg retrieval, sedation, ICSI, biopsy for PGS, storage of embryos and 1 FET cycle ( 1 US and blood draw, thaw and transfer of embryo and beta blood draw) and it was 11,600.00 ( that also reflects a 10% military discount). -Meds were not included and separate ( approx. 2500.00-3000.00) -we also did an ERA biopsy cycle( approx. 1800.00)
This was a topic that we spoke about at our initial IVF consult, because we decided to do PGS, Dr. Freeman only recommends transferring 1 embryo at a time. Even if we hadn't done PGS, he doesn't recommend transferring multiples at my current age (33). I appreciated his honesty and professional opinion.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
The only issue we ran into was when we were expecting my ERA results from an outside company and I was given an specific date that FIRM should have received them and when I called they said that FIRM should have them, but when I called FIRM they said they didn't have them, so there was a little miscommunication but we figured it out. The only other issue I had was on my beta day after transfer, a nurse that I wasn't familiar with called and I felt like she could have been just a little more sensitive with they way she delivered the bad news to us. She asked if we wanted to use our other embryo ( although we do have another frozen it is a "complex abnormal" embryo so we CAN'T use it and I had to tell her that. I feel that is information she should have had prior.

Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Patty, my IVF coordinator [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine], was the best thing about my entire experience. She was always there to answer questions and help me find solutions. She kept me going through the darkest of days, and I'll remember her kindness for the rest of my life...I wish there was more transparency and communication with personal medical records - perhaps either through a patient portal or other access. I like to have a lot of information and found it frustrating not to be able to keep up with my treatment plan/records.
Immunological, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
I switched to Dr. Freeman after about 1 1/2 years with another doctor in the same practice, who was not a good fit for me. The nurses recommended Dr. Freeman when I requested a change, and I'm grateful I took their advice. (For what it's worth, he seems to be genuinely liked and respected by the clinic staff.) I've read many posts describing 'miracle babies' and while I appreciate the idea, I don't think this pregnancy (now in my second trimester!) happened by luck or accident. It was the result of good medicine and a skilled physician who worked hard to ensure a positive outcome. Dr. Freeman was open to innovation and new ideas, willing to change course, and put in time and effort to devising the best, most personalized treatment for me. Most importantly, he treated me with respect, kindness, and, often, humor (much appreciated during what can be a very trying time). Whereas I felt like some other doctors can get hung up on their title and dr/patient dynamic, he was more approachable. He provided me the detailed information I asked for and didn't talk down to me. That is what I am most grateful for - if my pregnancy hadn't happened, I would have been devastated, but I still would have been grateful to have been treated with such compassion. Given how gut-wrenching and humiliating this infertility journey can be, I can't emphasize enough how much his respect and kindness meant.
Throughout this entire process, I learned how to be my own advocate, and that helped me get to a better result. Come prepared; ask plenty of questions and share your concerns. Understandably, the doctors are very busy, but in my experience, Dr. Freeman will take time for you. For me, it helped to do research ahead of time and bring my questions to the visit. Also, I found my nurse coordinator to be a great resource and liaison.
Switching to Dr. Freeman was a real turning point for me and one of the best decisions I made during this entire 3-year process. I'd felt that my previous doctor dismissed my concerns and refused to deviate from a predetermined, one-size-fits-all procedure. Dr. Freeman took time to answer my questions and considered my ideas. I felt heard for the first time at this practice, even if we disagreed. And he didn't act as if my questions were a nuisance, even when I had a lot of them (which was more often than not). When my transfers didn't work, he was willing to change course and worked very hard to find a solution that was right for me. Throughout, I was grateful that he took time to understand my case, my history, and my concerns.
By the time I switched to Dr. Freeman, I'd already undergone several IUIs, an egg retrieval, and several frozen embryo transfers with another doctor. During my first visit, he diagnosed my uterine septum (which my previous dr had said wasn't an issue) and later removed it successfully - as someone who has had multiple miscarriages, I'm relieved and grateful to have that obstacle removed. He performed an ERA test and recommended, for the first time, a battery of blood tests that indicated a MTHFR mutation, for which he prescribed corrective medication. Following these procedures, Dr. Freeman did my fourth FET with two embryos. While we disagreed on whether to transfer one or two, his advice was sound and he was respectful of my decision. Unfortunately, that transfer wasn't successful, and I was devastated. We met to discuss, and I will be forever grateful for his compassion during a very difficult time. He listened to my concerns and though he didn't profess to have all of the answers, came up with several new ideas for the next transfer (my last remaining euploid embryo). He also retested my AMH level to help me decide whether or not to proceed with another FET or go into another egg retrieval. Having had so many prior losses and disappointments, I was skeptical, but I trusted that he was trying to do the right thing and figured it was worth a shot. To my surprise, it worked. The magic formula turned out to be a 'natural cycle' FET, meaning a transfer timed to my body's own ovulation and without estrogen supplementation and only minimal progesterone. He also prescribed steroids to ward off any immune issues and blood thinners (baby aspirin and Lovenox injections). While I don't necessarily have a diagnosed immune or clotting issue, I appreciated his willingness to deviate from my previous regimen. As he said at one point, "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, let's treat it as one." I don't think I would have been able to try something like this with the other physician, and I wouldn't have gotten this outcome if I hadn't switched to Dr. Freeman. My regret is that I didn't change sooner- I can't help but wonder how much heartache I could have avoided if I did. Following my positive pregnancy test, I've remained very anxious given past experience and loss. He was understanding during each visit, and I appreciated his patience and candid feedback. I've since transferred to an OB, but if everything goes well, I hope to come back for a future cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty Jossim)
As grateful as I am to Dr. Freeman, Patty, my IVF coordinator, was the best thing about my entire experience. She was always there to answer questions and help me find solutions. She kept me going through the darkest of days, and I'll remember her kindness for the rest of my life. I know I'm not alone in my gratitude, but it's such a personal thing - I wouldn't be having a baby without her help - that I'll always be thankful for her. The rest of the clinic staff - from the nurses to the assistants and front desk - were also very kind. Hearing how happy they all were when I finally, finally, finally got pregnant was such a joy - and a demonstration of how supportive they were throughout. And while it's easy to remember how people treat you in happy moments, there's a lot of grief that goes into this process. I am most grateful for their compassion during those difficult times.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a very well-respected clinic with good results and a long track record, and where I live, it's really the only option within driving distance. For the first part of my experience, I regretted not living in a bigger city and having more options and access to research, but after switching doctors and finding the right fit, even if I were to move away, I'd likely still come back for care. It's also convenient with parking and in a good hospital. My experience wasn't all perfect, however. I chose my first doctor in the practice based on location and though I know a lot of people like him, he was not a good fit for me. Were I to do it again, I'd ask more questions of the nurse coordinator upfront about the different physicians' styles and try to determine who I should see. And I'd be more quick to advocate for myself and switch to one that met my needs. Finally, I wish there was more transparency and communication with personal medical records - perhaps either through a patient portal or other access. I like to have a lot of information and found it frustrating not to be able to keep up with my treatment plan/records. After multiple requests since leaving the practice, I was finally able to obtain a copy of my own records and reading through the summary of my initial visit with the first doctor, I found several inaccuracies about my history. It's likely nothing that affected my treatment, but I wish I'd had the chance to correct it. I also wish they had a more informative Facebook page with current articles and links to resources (like resolve.org, for example).
Unfortunately my insurance won't pay for anything infertility-related, so I had to finance my egg retrieval. Initial costs were $18K- $15,000 for FIRM plus $3,000 for stimulation medication during the ER. That included PGS-testing, which as a patient in my late 30's, I'm very glad I did. I think that also included the fee for my first transfer, but I can't remember. Each subsequent FETs cost $3,000 plus $1000+ in medications each cycle and about $100/month in medications to treat my MTHFR condition (also not covered by insurance, even once I had a confirmed pregnancy). I also had to pay out of pocket for my ERA test (can't remember the exact costs, but I believe it was close to $1,000) and anesthesia related to my septum removal ($500-ish?) and other per-visit costs. This was after my IUIs, which I think ran about $800-1,000 each (but it's been a while). Co-pays once I had a confirmed pregnancy were generally about $50, depending on other tests. All in all, a very expensive couple of years - it's hard to budget just based on the base price list on the website, because (at least in my experience) there were a lot of extras that added up quickly. I don't think FIRM was necessarily much different than other clinics, but lack of insurance coverage for infertility is something that needs to be addressed nationally.
He strongly advocated for a single transfer vs. two, but let me make the decision in the end. At that point, it was my fourth transfer overall and given the emotional and financial toll, I wanted to be more aggressive. I listened to his arguments (which were certainly valid and based on good medicine) and did agonize over the right thing to do. When I decided to transfer two, he didn't try to shame me or make me feel like a bad person. Again, I felt much more respected than in previous situations. In the end, however, that particular transfer wasn't successful and I only had one embryo left for my final transfer - and that was the one that stuck.
Jacksonville

Dr. Freeman is very warm and patient. He is willing to answer questions and try new things if you ask. He understands and has looked into the most recent studies and knows what is new, does not only go by the old ways of doing things. He will take his time with the appointment...decided to try a cervical dilatation on me before transfer. My other clinics had never done this or mentioned it. After several very difficult iuis, transfers, mock transfers etc I was shocked that this was even an option to try. I still have not had my transfer so not sure if it will help but it was something that was a definite good idea when my last transfer took 3 hours with another clinic.
I did a donor embryo cycle [with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. It was around $5200 for everything including transfer. I believe the regular cycles are about $8200 not including medicine...The only negative is that billing can be really hard to get ahold of. There were a few times I called and never received a call back from billing, even days later. As far as strengths, they are usually on time. Nurses are nice. Clinic is clean.
Ask questions and make sure you know what your plan is.
He is very caring, warm, and patient. He is always willing to explain and answer questions and does not rush through the appointment.
Dr. Freeman decided to try a cervical dilatation on me before transfer. My other clinics had never done this or mentioned it. After several very difficult iuis, transfers, mock transfers etc I was shocked that this was even an option to try. I still have not had my transfer so not sure if it will help but it was something that was a definite good idea when my last transfer took 3 hours with another clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma)
My nurse is Emma. She is very warm and caring. She definitely shows compassion when tough things happen. Instead of acting cold she acts like she understands and feels what I am going through. She emails or calls back fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I did a donor embryo cycle. It was around $5200 for everything including transfer. I believe the regular cycles are about $8200 not including medicine.
I am on my 3rd transfer and he is willing to let me try 2 embryos since 1 has not worked.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
Dr. Winslow is very knowledgeable, but bedside manners are not a thing that he possesses at all. He is so forward and straight to the point that it totally rubbed my husband the wrong way, and one time i had to have a conversation with him about backing off a little... I was on maximum doses for their office, which was 300 follistim, 150 menopur each cycle. He never switched it up, which sometimes gave me question, but i trusted that maximum dowsed was what my body needed.
The billing specialists [FIRM] sometimes take a while to get back to you, but they are nice. The front desk personnel have always been kind. The nurses begin to know you by name, which really shows their customer service commitment... The nurses were very nice, many of them had trouble drawing my blood, and there were only a few that could get it the first time around, but overall they were good... I had insurance for the first few treatments so I was quoted about 3,000 per cycle, not including medicine
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis
He is the head doctor of the FIRM, so he has a wealth of knowledge, and I trusted him in that area, and stuck with him because i wanted the best. But as far as bedside manners or compassion, that is not something he possesses, so if you need someone that will kindly walk you through your process and caringly address your needs, he isn’t the doctor for you.
If you want the most knowledgeable and experienced doctor in the practice and you don’t care about the delivery of information than Winslow is the best option. If you do care, and you need someone who can be patient and compassionate, he isn’t the doctor for you
I was on maximum doses for their office, which was 300 follistim, 150 menopur each cycle. He never switched it up, which sometimes gave me question, but i trusted that maximum dowsed was what my body needed. The first time he had me on BC pills too long and i never made it to retrieval. The second time we did no BC, 2 eggs were retrieved 1 made it to transfer but didn’t stick. The third time I was on BC for only 2 wks, 7 eggs were retrieved, 6 mature and frozen, when thawed and fertilized 4 fertilized, But none made it to embryos and I had nothing to transfer
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The billing specialists sometimes take a while to get back to you, but they are nice. The front desk personnel have always been kind. The nurses begin to know you by name, which really shows their customer service commitment

2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Duffy is a generally kind man that is knowledgeable about his profession. On most Occassions I feel he is slightly rushed, however, he listens to my concerns as long as I’m forward enough to stop him from leaving...sometimes I feel like he is board or complacent with my treatment. Overall, I choose to continue to see him because I have faith in his knowledge & we did get pregnant once under his care... it ended in loss.... but we are getting ready to try again.
The downtown location [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is “nicer”- sometimes you will experience a longer than expected wait before your appointment...The clinic is always clean and brightly colored with big comfy couches while you wait. I’ve also visited the south side office many times and it’s great as well. It’s smaller and less “plush” as are most satellite clinics. I’ve never had a negative with either office.
2014 - 2018
Anovulation, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Duffy is a generally kind man that is knowledgeable about his profession. On most Occassions I feel he is slightly rushed, however, he listens to my concerns as long as I’m forward enough to stop him from leaving. He is the 2nd Dr I’ve seen at this clinic, and while he is a vast improvement from my 1st experience, sometimes I feel like he is board or complacent with my treatment. Overall, I choose to continue to see him because I have faith in his knowledge & we did get pregnant once under his care... it ended in loss.... but we are getting ready to try again.
Ask him to explain what he is telling you if you don’t understand... sometimes it’s like he forgets to explain things where anyone could understand them- but answers questions well. Don’t be too timid.
I began treatment with metformin and timed intercourse. We conceived and experienced our 1st loss. Then we did Clomid 50mg cd5-9 with Time Intercourse again. Upped Clomid to 100mg cd 3-9 + IUI. Upped Clomid to 150mg cd3-9 + IUI, positive pregnancy test & beta. Then miscarriage. We decided to take a break trying after this loss.
At FIRM we have more contact with the dr’s than the nurses which is great. Every time I call in I speak with a nurse- and they have always been polite & helpful. The nurse that called with pregnancy test results is always compassionate & kind with good or bad news.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The downtown location is “nicer”- sometimes you will experience a longer than expected wait before your appointment, but that is to be expected with fertility treatments. The clinic is always clean and brightly colored with big comfy couches while you wait. I’ve also visited the south side office many times and it’s great as well. It’s smaller and less “plush” as are most satellite clinics. I’ve never had a negative with either office.
My insurance pays for anything diagnostic - my copay is $40. Any fertility treatment is not covered, $125 for trigger shot, $30 for Clomid per cycle, $165 for hcg blood draws, I’m unsure how much each baseline and follicle check u/s was- I believe $130. IUI was $390 plus all the other costs mentioned above.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
With my first pregnancy after my beta draw, my progesterone was low... the nurse that called with my results told me they were calling in a progesterone suppository to my pharmacy- this was around 4pm... when I arrived at my pharmacy there was no Rx.... which made me panic as low progesterone can cause miscarriage- I was able to call the on cal Dr and get my Rx that same night. But it was quite upsetting to have to deal with all of that. In the end, my pregnancy ended in loss.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Dr. Duffy is an extremely educated RE who is also extremely compassionate and warm. As a more sensitive individual, I needed a RE with a warmer bedside manner and I believe I've found that with Dr. Duffy. I always feel as though he has enough time to answer any and all of my questions and I never feel rushed. He is always very positive about the course of treatment, which I appreciate.
Everyone I've met thus far [at FL Institute for Repro Med- Jax] has been very warm and compassionate. The nurses are quick to respond if you call and are very helpful. The only minor issue I've had is in contacting the billing department. At times, it can take several days for them to contact you back. Otherwise, I've had no negative experiences with this clinic... IUI ~ $700 IVF ~ $9000 - $25000 We are choosing to do the 3 cycle IVF package at $18,000 and PGS testing at around $4000.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
Be sure to prepare your questions in advanced. While he does a decent job educating you about the course of treatment you will likely have other questions that he won't address unless you bring them up.
Dr. Duffy has been able to keep things as personal as possible and has maintained a warm bedside manner.
I'm still under treatment but Dr. Duffy reviewed my records from my OB and determined I had unexplained infertility. My husband already had a SA so he sent me for more Bloodwork. Afterwords he wanted to do an IUI (I had two previously with my OB). My husband and I felt like another was a waste of time so we asked to go straight to IVF and Dr. Duffy agreed. We are about to start medication for IVF and hoping all goes well!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I've met thus far has been very warm and compassionate. The nurses are quick to respond if you call and are very helpful. The only minor issue I've had is in contacting the billing department. At times, it can take several days for them to contact you back. Otherwise, I've had no negative experiences with this clinic.
Jacksonville

Dr. Kevin Winslow was very knowledgeable about the dreaded fertility experience and treatment options. He also was really straight forward and never sugar coated anything but also showed compassion to you and your situation. He was clear on the treatment and gave you good insight on what to expect. I felt very comfortable but sometimes would get overwhelmed and feel like I couldn’t and didn’t know what questions to ask!
The FIRM has several different locations to accommodate your location. The only issue is that Jacksonville is the only place for the fertility treatments. The Tallahassee location is super nice and very clean! The Jacksonville downtown was in a hospital setting but was still nice but a little older! The FIRM has many strengths but I think the most important for my experience is they all make you feel super comfortable and also are very hopeful for you and your process.
That he is amazing at what he does and how he does it but to go in with a list of questions and thoughts and ask before you leave!
From the front desk to the back.. everyone made you feel comfortable and that they really cared about your struggles. Dr. Winslow also ask personal questions and usually remembers all the details about your life!
Dr. Winslow recommended as our first treatment using fertility medication along with IUI. We used clomid and then had IUI done. We did not get pregnant that month. After the failed IUI, Dr. winslow recommended doing another round of IUI with clomid. We used the clomid but didn’t do the IUI that month. We didn’t get pregnant that next month with timed intercourse. He also said that if male factor was present that we would need to do IVF or if 3 rounds of IUI didn’t work then IVF would be the best treatment.
They are amazing! They also made me feel so comfortable. They also made me feel like my questions were never not heard or dumb! They make the experience so much better and every appointment seem like it matters!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The initial consult with Dr. Winslow was 100. That appointment we just sat down and talked about our issues and what we had already done. He also gave us the treatment options and suggestions at the consult. The ultrasounds were 125 dollars each time. The analysis was roughly 85. The trigger shot was roughly 120. The IUI procedure was 390.
None yet.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
The only thing that I had go wrong was the results of an analysis we had done. I was told it would take a week or so for the results to get back but it took longer and then had to call them to get the results. I felt like they weren’t important and having to call them to figure it out made it frustrating.
Jacksonville

Dr. Freeman has never made me feel rushed and always answered my questions openly and honestly. I feel like I’m him only patient although I know he has many....We tried at first to do a natural FET cycle because I was having so many bad reactions to the medications From trying previously with another doctor. And I was just exhausted and mentally and emotionally drained. Do natural cycle did not work because I ovulated too early. So we went on to a medicated FET cycle.
I would recommend him and the FIRM to anybody going through this process. I like that you see a doctor during every visit and they really try to keep you with the same doctor every time.... Strengths: No batch cycling. Your plan is tailored specifically to you and how the body is progressing. You see a doctor every time They try very hard to keep you with the same doctor but if for any reason they cannot you know upfront. They treat you like a person and not just a number. I have never felt rushed and all of my questions have been answered quickly and openly.
I have been on this journey for awhile but have only been seeing Dr. Freeman for a short time. My experience has been wonderful. I would recommend him and the FIRM to anybody going through this process. I like that you see a doctor during every visit and they really try to keep you with the same doctor every time. Dr. Freeman has never made me feel rushed and always answered my questions openly and honestly. I feel like I’m him only patient although I know he has many.
He is wonderful
I tried for over a year with Brown Fertility to get pregnant. Although I really like Dr. Brown, I did not feel like his process best fit my needs. The process at the FIRM is much more relaxed and tailored to you and your body’s cycle. Dr. Freeman has been wonderful. He is upfront and honest and I truly feel like he is doing everything possible for me to have a successful pregnancy. I wish I had come to him much sooner in this process.
We tried at first to do a natural FET cycle because I was having so many bad reactions to the medications From trying previously with another doctor. And I was just exhausted and mentally and emotionally drained. Do natural cycle did not work because I ovulated too early. So we went on to a medicated FET cycle. I had blood work done almost every time I came in the office. I Had 2 appointments before each cycle. I just did my first FET with Dr. Freeman.
Nursing staff is wonderful. They answered all of the questions that I had. Even when I forgot to ask a question while I was in the office I called and if they were unavailable they returned my call very quickly. Many times in less than an hour.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: No batch cycling. Your plan is tailored specifically to you and how the body is progressing. You see a doctor every time They try very hard to keep you with the same doctor but if for any reason they cannot you know upfront. They treat you like a person and not just a number. I have never felt rushed and all of my questions have been answered quickly and openly. Negative: Receiving return calls from billing when you have a question.
Our insurance does not cover fertility treatments so we have had to pay for all treatments out of pocket. The estimated cost are: $3000 for FET, $200-300 appointment visit. $700 for trial transfer, Cost for Medications: $2000
I wanted to transferred to embryos and Dr. Freeman agreed