Daytona Beach
Tallahassee, FL 32224
850-354-5011
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207

Dr. Duffy is a brilliant fertility doctor. He stays up to date with the current research and applies it to his treatment. He was often rushed with appointments and late, but would take the time to stay and answer all my questions...He was mostly receptive to any additional testing I wanted, even if he didn’t completely recommend it...For egg stimulation, we used menopur, gonal F and cetrotide
[Florida Institute fore Reproductive Medicine] Strengths include the doctors who work there and their expertise. Weaknesses include the lack of communication at times between the doctors and nurses and the patients. Wait times for appointments could sometimes be really long, making it hard to estimate how much time would be needed to miss work.
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Duffy is a brilliant fertility doctor. He stays up to date with the current research and applies it to his treatment. He was often rushed with appointments and late, but would take the time to stay and answer all my questions. He sometimes forgot the plan we discussed previously, so I would find myself having to remind him of things we previously discussed more than once. He was mostly receptive to any additional testing I wanted, even if he didn’t completely recommend it.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared for your appointments to take a long time since he is often late. Be prepared for him to talk fast and seem rushed, but jump in and ask all your questions and he will take the time to answer them. Do your research and advocate for yourself and you’ll have a great working relationship.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Duffy would sometimes forget details about my case or things we had discussed previously. I found myself sometimes having to remind him of “the plan” we had discussed. This may be attributed to the large number of patients he sees.
Describe the protocols Daniel Duffy used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For egg stimulation, we used menopur, gonal F and cetrotide. Due to my lower AMH levels, we only retrieved 9 eggs, 3 of which made it to day 5 blast and only 1 was pgs normal. Before transfer, I did a ERA cycle with the receptiva dx biopsy with a protocol of estrogen, endometrin suppositories, and progesterone in oil.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff sometimes seemed stressed and therefore could be short with patients. I sometimes felt like a burden whenever I called in with questions. Nursing didn’t always seem on top of communication. I never got a call with my pgs results after waiting more than 3 weeks. I also never got a return call about questions I had for the doctor the nurse was supposed to ask.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We were lucky enough to have fertility benefits through our insurance, but I was surprised by the amount of tests and procedures not covered by insurance. We ended up spending tens of thousands of dollars on medications and testing, equal the the same amount that people pay for IVF out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I waited over 3 weeks for my pgs results on my embryos and no one ever called me. Finally I called the clinic for my results and it turned out they had them for a while but just never called. I also had questions for the doctor related to additional testing before our embryo transfer. The nurse said she would speak to my doctor and get back with me, but she never did. I had to wait until my next appointment to speak with the doctor directly.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Winslow is caring, however, he is very blunt and straight to the point. He does not sugar coat anything, and he is there to do his job and get you pregnant. He has been in the industry for several years and is very knowledgeable...He is gentle but to the point and knows how to get things done. He has a lot of patients but he always seems to remember me and cares for me when I am in his care. He has never been rude or dismissive.
The clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is very busy, however, they seem to be on top of things. I haven’t had a bad experience. Wait times are long but that’s because they’re busy and they only have 3 doctors. The billing department could use some help with organization...My full cycle with medicine was around $18,000. Each transfer is close to $3,300 excluding medicines.
How was your experience with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
As a patient of Dr. Winslow, I have been treated with respect. He is gentle but to the point and knows how to get things done. He has a lot of patients but he always seems to remember me and cares for me when I am in his care. He has never been rude or dismissive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
To understand that if you want someone to hold your hand and sugarcoat your journey, then he is not the doctor for you. But if you want to get pregnant and understand why you’re having to go through this, then he is the one!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Kevin Winslow used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was placed on a normal agonist protocol from my previous doctor. Once she moved, I chose to be with Winslow. I did not have my egg retrieval with him but he has done all of my transfers. When my first transfer ended in a miscarriage, I was placed on the same protocol but the next one didn’t end up working. I am now doing testing to determine if there’s any issues with receptivity or immune issues. Once I have results from that, then Dr Winslow will adjust my protocol as needed.
The nursing staff has been great. They always call me back in a timely manner and answers all of my questions. The busier the clinic gets, the harder it is for them to remember their patients but they do a really good job of keeping everything organized.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very busy, however, they seem to be on top of things. I haven’t had a bad experience. Wait times are long but that’s because they’re busy and they only have 3 doctors. The billing department could use some help with organization. I would suggest a new patient to advocate for yourself at any clinic, regardless of their reviews. Speak up and make sure you understand everything. Keep your receipts and ask for breakdowns of cost!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
They have mistakenly forgot to put me on the schedule for an appointment, so thankfully I called and got it fixed. They have also sent me in a room to get ready for an exam but I only needed to do blood work that day. I was unaware of that.
Jacksonville

Their main clinic [Florida Inst for Repro Med] is in Jacksonville and they have a smaller clinic in Daytona. I wish I had known that the same level of care is not available in the Daytona office. Everyone is very nice and helpful at that office, but it is a lot smaller and doesn't offer all the services.... The main care coordinator, Emma, is really nice and helpful, yet it seems like she might have too much stuff going on and sometimes she gives the impression that some balls are dropped. She also seems a little bit in a hurry when I talk to her, so I need to have already written down and ready the questions I need to ask her.
How was your experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Erb has a quiet disposition and seems a little bit young. However, she is very thorough in her work and seems very knowledgeable. I was very thankful when she listened to my concerns about a treatment she had prescribed and was willing to go over the alternatives and found something we both felt more comfortable with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to ask questions. Take notes and don't be afraid to ask if you don't understand something. Slow her down if necessary. She is great.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
On my first consultation. Dr. Erb was very professional, yet I felt like Dr. Erb was in a hurry and spoke quickly to explain the procedures, etc. However, on my next consults she was very kind and listened to my questions, answering them as best as she could. She didn't pretend to have all the answers, but always tried her best to let us know that she would find the best treatment for us. So, I definitely felt like a human.
Describe the protocols Teresa Erb used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Erb prescribed an HSG and then a Hysteroscopy because she saw a mass that was suspicious. During the Hysteroscopy she ended up removing some polyps and also noticed that I had lesions from Endometriosis on my uterus. She then prescribed treatment with Lupron for two months to control de Endometriosis before the embryo transfer. When I voiced my concerns about Lupron, she switched to a month of Letrozole 7.5/day. I will then keep taking bcp, and after a couple of weeks will start estrace for other 2 weeks until my next consultation, at which I think I will start progesterone injections and then hopefully be ready for the transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma Langley)
The main care coordinator, Emma, is really nice and helpful, yet it seems like she might have too much stuff going on and sometimes she gives the impression that some balls are dropped. She also seems a little bit in a hurry when I talk to her, so I need to have already written down and ready the questions I need to ask her. All her directions are given orally, nor written, which sometimes seems like it would be easier to make a mistake or miscalculate.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It seems to be a good clinic, which has lots of good reviews in the State. Their main clinic is in Jacksonville and they have a smaller clinic in Daytona. I wish I had known that the same level of care is not available in the Daytona office. Everyone is very nice and helpful at that office, but it is a lot smaller and doesn't offer all the services.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I am not done yet, but the procedure for a transfer embryo is supposed to be between 7,000 and 10,000 including consultations and ultrasounds.
Describe Teresa Erb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My doctor did have a very strong preference to single embryo transfer in my case because of my age (45). She said it would be too risky to implant more than one embryo at a time. We believed her, but it didn't seem like that was open for discussion
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
There was a little confusion with whether I should be taking bcp before a procedure. I wasn't told anything when getting instructions, and then I was called back to be told I needed to take it. There was also an incident where I was scheduled a procedure before it was the right time during my cycle, so I had to go again later. I must say that was a weird cycle for me, though, otherwise it would've probably been ok even if not on the fifth day
Teresa Erb
Jacksonville

I have now had a failed FET with Dr. von Goeben - she's still a very compassionate Doctor and I'll be moving forward trying for our baby again with her despite our failure. Dr. Sproul von Goeben has provided great bedside manner and answered all questions thoroughly... We only have one other good embryo so I am now doing an ERA and Receptiva test.
[Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] Strengths include Dr. Sproul von Goeben's bedside manner and having two offices with one open 24/7. Weakness would be sometimes a little rushed and there can be slight miscommunications stemming from this...Nursing staff still always very pleasant 1 year into seeing them....
How was your experience with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Update: I have now had a failed FET with Dr. von Goeben - she's still a very compassionate Doctor and I'll be moving forward trying for our baby again with her despite our failure. Dr. Sproul von Goeben has provided great bedside manner and answered all questions thoroughly. She seems to genuinely care and I hope to see her for IVF one day. While I haven't yet become pregnant I have hypothalamic amenorrhea and lean PCOS so I think that it may be a tougher diagnosis to tackle than some.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Since I work 40 hours a week I can't be as selective with my appointment times but if there is flexibility then I would try to see Dr. Sproul von Goeben in this office. I had to see another doctor a couple of times and didn't find that he was as good a fit for me.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Review update: I have now had my first frozen embryo transfer which failed. Dr. von Goeben has met via phone with my husband and I to discuss what we can do to identify why our PGS normal (great grading) embryo didn't implant. We only have one other good embryo so I am now doing an ERA and Receptiva test. I was concerned because I had expressed interest in a kitchen sink protocol and wanting to do these test before we lost our girl embryo but she didn't think it was necessary at that point which makes sense and I trusted and of course, I didn't want to add to the cost if she thought it was overkill (we pay all OOP and don't have family help so we've spent $35k at this point and may have to do another retrieval). I have only undergone monitored ovulation induction at this point but she does go out of her way to be kind and explain everything in detail which I appreciate. I'm the type to come with a great deal of research of my own and to ask questions which she facilitated. She also is very kind and explained that she herself underwent IVF. I hope to do IVF with her one day.
Describe the protocols Kari Sproul von Goeben used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Updated review: Failed FET with low dose (I have a AMH of 15 but low egg quality so OHSS is a huge concern) Gonal-F, Menopur, Lupron trigger as retrieval meds and oral estradiol and PIO / endometrin suppositories as transfer meds. If we can manage to afford another retrieval she suggested even lower doses of Gonal-F (I had 56 eggs retrieved but I only had 2 PGS normal 5-day blastocysts and 1 PGS normal 7-day blast which may have a likelihood to miscarry). I did not get OHSS from my retrieval so the Lupron only trigger definitely avoided it. My concern is that I had so many immature eggs so I think perhaps a higher dose Lupron trigger would have matured them (I have a 16 BMI hence the low dose). I also had a long length of stims which I've read can cause some egg quality deterioration. Previous review: I used Letrozole and trigger shots 6 times (one with Clomid combined) but have yet to become pregnant (I'm 29 with hypothalamic/anovulation/lean PCOS)
Updated review: Nursing staff still always very pleasant 1 year into seeing them. The nursing staff has always been pleasant here. No complaints at this point though it's a little early since I haven't yet had the opportunity to do IVF.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths include Dr. Sproul von Goeben's bedside manner and having two offices with one open 24/7. Weakness would be sometimes a little rushed and there can be slight miscommunications stemming from this. The receipts that they give you have ink that wears off in seconds.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Updated review: I've now spent about $35K for 6 timed intercourse cycles and one failed FET plus some early testing. We're preparing for an ERA currently. I imagine we'll have to do another retrieval so financially a hurdle in the near future. Previous review: I would estimate that every cycle of ovulation induction cost me about $600 all OOP not including the testing before beginning treatment
Describe Kari Sproul von Goeben's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
She highly prefers eSET which I agree with
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
They don't call in prescriptions so I have spent an hour waiting a few times but this was a minor inconvenience although it was later in the evening for me after work and a work-related event.

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr Duffy is a generally kind man that is knowledgeable about his profession. On most Occassions I feel he is slightly rushed, however, he listens to my concerns as long as I’m forward enough to stop him from leaving...sometimes I feel like he is board or complacent with my treatment. Overall, I choose to continue to see him because I have faith in his knowledge & we did get pregnant once under his care... it ended in loss.... but we are getting ready to try again.
The downtown location [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is “nicer”- sometimes you will experience a longer than expected wait before your appointment...The clinic is always clean and brightly colored with big comfy couches while you wait. I’ve also visited the south side office many times and it’s great as well. It’s smaller and less “plush” as are most satellite clinics. I’ve never had a negative with either office.
Dr Duffy is a generally kind man that is knowledgeable about his profession. On most Occassions I feel he is slightly rushed, however, he listens to my concerns as long as I’m forward enough to stop him from leaving. He is the 2nd Dr I’ve seen at this clinic, and while he is a vast improvement from my 1st experience, sometimes I feel like he is board or complacent with my treatment. Overall, I choose to continue to see him because I have faith in his knowledge & we did get pregnant once under his care... it ended in loss.... but we are getting ready to try again.
Ask him to explain what he is telling you if you don’t understand... sometimes it’s like he forgets to explain things where anyone could understand them- but answers questions well. Don’t be too timid.
I began treatment with metformin and timed intercourse. We conceived and experienced our 1st loss. Then we did Clomid 50mg cd5-9 with Time Intercourse again. Upped Clomid to 100mg cd 3-9 + IUI. Upped Clomid to 150mg cd3-9 + IUI, positive pregnancy test & beta. Then miscarriage. We decided to take a break trying after this loss.
At FIRM we have more contact with the dr’s than the nurses which is great. Every time I call in I speak with a nurse- and they have always been polite & helpful. The nurse that called with pregnancy test results is always compassionate & kind with good or bad news.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The downtown location is “nicer”- sometimes you will experience a longer than expected wait before your appointment, but that is to be expected with fertility treatments. The clinic is always clean and brightly colored with big comfy couches while you wait. I’ve also visited the south side office many times and it’s great as well. It’s smaller and less “plush” as are most satellite clinics. I’ve never had a negative with either office.
My insurance pays for anything diagnostic - my copay is $40. Any fertility treatment is not covered, $125 for trigger shot, $30 for Clomid per cycle, $165 for hcg blood draws, I’m unsure how much each baseline and follicle check u/s was- I believe $130. IUI was $390 plus all the other costs mentioned above.
Describe Daniel Duffy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
With my first pregnancy after my beta draw, my progesterone was low... the nurse that called with my results told me they were calling in a progesterone suppository to my pharmacy- this was around 4pm... when I arrived at my pharmacy there was no Rx.... which made me panic as low progesterone can cause miscarriage- I was able to call the on cal Dr and get my Rx that same night. But it was quite upsetting to have to deal with all of that. In the end, my pregnancy ended in loss.
Jacksonville

Patty, my IVF coordinator [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine], was the best thing about my entire experience. She was always there to answer questions and help me find solutions. She kept me going through the darkest of days, and I'll remember her kindness for the rest of my life...I wish there was more transparency and communication with personal medical records - perhaps either through a patient portal or other access. I like to have a lot of information and found it frustrating not to be able to keep up with my treatment plan/records.
How was your experience with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I switched to Dr. Freeman after about 1 1/2 years with another doctor in the same practice, who was not a good fit for me. The nurses recommended Dr. Freeman when I requested a change, and I'm grateful I took their advice. (For what it's worth, he seems to be genuinely liked and respected by the clinic staff.) I've read many posts describing 'miracle babies' and while I appreciate the idea, I don't think this pregnancy (now in my second trimester!) happened by luck or accident. It was the result of good medicine and a skilled physician who worked hard to ensure a positive outcome. Dr. Freeman was open to innovation and new ideas, willing to change course, and put in time and effort to devising the best, most personalized treatment for me. Most importantly, he treated me with respect, kindness, and, often, humor (much appreciated during what can be a very trying time). Whereas I felt like some other doctors can get hung up on their title and dr/patient dynamic, he was more approachable. He provided me the detailed information I asked for and didn't talk down to me. That is what I am most grateful for - if my pregnancy hadn't happened, I would have been devastated, but I still would have been grateful to have been treated with such compassion. Given how gut-wrenching and humiliating this infertility journey can be, I can't emphasize enough how much his respect and kindness meant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Throughout this entire process, I learned how to be my own advocate, and that helped me get to a better result. Come prepared; ask plenty of questions and share your concerns. Understandably, the doctors are very busy, but in my experience, Dr. Freeman will take time for you. For me, it helped to do research ahead of time and bring my questions to the visit. Also, I found my nurse coordinator to be a great resource and liaison.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Switching to Dr. Freeman was a real turning point for me and one of the best decisions I made during this entire 3-year process. I'd felt that my previous doctor dismissed my concerns and refused to deviate from a predetermined, one-size-fits-all procedure. Dr. Freeman took time to answer my questions and considered my ideas. I felt heard for the first time at this practice, even if we disagreed. And he didn't act as if my questions were a nuisance, even when I had a lot of them (which was more often than not). When my transfers didn't work, he was willing to change course and worked very hard to find a solution that was right for me. Throughout, I was grateful that he took time to understand my case, my history, and my concerns.
Describe the protocols Michael Freeman used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
By the time I switched to Dr. Freeman, I'd already undergone several IUIs, an egg retrieval, and several frozen embryo transfers with another doctor. During my first visit, he diagnosed my uterine septum (which my previous dr had said wasn't an issue) and later removed it successfully - as someone who has had multiple miscarriages, I'm relieved and grateful to have that obstacle removed. He performed an ERA test and recommended, for the first time, a battery of blood tests that indicated a MTHFR mutation, for which he prescribed corrective medication. Following these procedures, Dr. Freeman did my fourth FET with two embryos. While we disagreed on whether to transfer one or two, his advice was sound and he was respectful of my decision. Unfortunately, that transfer wasn't successful, and I was devastated. We met to discuss, and I will be forever grateful for his compassion during a very difficult time. He listened to my concerns and though he didn't profess to have all of the answers, came up with several new ideas for the next transfer (my last remaining euploid embryo). He also retested my AMH level to help me decide whether or not to proceed with another FET or go into another egg retrieval. Having had so many prior losses and disappointments, I was skeptical, but I trusted that he was trying to do the right thing and figured it was worth a shot. To my surprise, it worked. The magic formula turned out to be a 'natural cycle' FET, meaning a transfer timed to my body's own ovulation and without estrogen supplementation and only minimal progesterone. He also prescribed steroids to ward off any immune issues and blood thinners (baby aspirin and Lovenox injections). While I don't necessarily have a diagnosed immune or clotting issue, I appreciated his willingness to deviate from my previous regimen. As he said at one point, "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, let's treat it as one." I don't think I would have been able to try something like this with the other physician, and I wouldn't have gotten this outcome if I hadn't switched to Dr. Freeman. My regret is that I didn't change sooner- I can't help but wonder how much heartache I could have avoided if I did. Following my positive pregnancy test, I've remained very anxious given past experience and loss. He was understanding during each visit, and I appreciated his patience and candid feedback. I've since transferred to an OB, but if everything goes well, I hope to come back for a future cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty Jossim)
As grateful as I am to Dr. Freeman, Patty, my IVF coordinator, was the best thing about my entire experience. She was always there to answer questions and help me find solutions. She kept me going through the darkest of days, and I'll remember her kindness for the rest of my life. I know I'm not alone in my gratitude, but it's such a personal thing - I wouldn't be having a baby without her help - that I'll always be thankful for her. The rest of the clinic staff - from the nurses to the assistants and front desk - were also very kind. Hearing how happy they all were when I finally, finally, finally got pregnant was such a joy - and a demonstration of how supportive they were throughout. And while it's easy to remember how people treat you in happy moments, there's a lot of grief that goes into this process. I am most grateful for their compassion during those difficult times.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a very well-respected clinic with good results and a long track record, and where I live, it's really the only option within driving distance. For the first part of my experience, I regretted not living in a bigger city and having more options and access to research, but after switching doctors and finding the right fit, even if I were to move away, I'd likely still come back for care. It's also convenient with parking and in a good hospital. My experience wasn't all perfect, however. I chose my first doctor in the practice based on location and though I know a lot of people like him, he was not a good fit for me. Were I to do it again, I'd ask more questions of the nurse coordinator upfront about the different physicians' styles and try to determine who I should see. And I'd be more quick to advocate for myself and switch to one that met my needs. Finally, I wish there was more transparency and communication with personal medical records - perhaps either through a patient portal or other access. I like to have a lot of information and found it frustrating not to be able to keep up with my treatment plan/records. After multiple requests since leaving the practice, I was finally able to obtain a copy of my own records and reading through the summary of my initial visit with the first doctor, I found several inaccuracies about my history. It's likely nothing that affected my treatment, but I wish I'd had the chance to correct it. I also wish they had a more informative Facebook page with current articles and links to resources (like resolve.org, for example).
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Unfortunately my insurance won't pay for anything infertility-related, so I had to finance my egg retrieval. Initial costs were $18K- $15,000 for FIRM plus $3,000 for stimulation medication during the ER. That included PGS-testing, which as a patient in my late 30's, I'm very glad I did. I think that also included the fee for my first transfer, but I can't remember. Each subsequent FETs cost $3,000 plus $1000+ in medications each cycle and about $100/month in medications to treat my MTHFR condition (also not covered by insurance, even once I had a confirmed pregnancy). I also had to pay out of pocket for my ERA test (can't remember the exact costs, but I believe it was close to $1,000) and anesthesia related to my septum removal ($500-ish?) and other per-visit costs. This was after my IUIs, which I think ran about $800-1,000 each (but it's been a while). Co-pays once I had a confirmed pregnancy were generally about $50, depending on other tests. All in all, a very expensive couple of years - it's hard to budget just based on the base price list on the website, because (at least in my experience) there were a lot of extras that added up quickly. I don't think FIRM was necessarily much different than other clinics, but lack of insurance coverage for infertility is something that needs to be addressed nationally.
Describe Michael Freeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
He strongly advocated for a single transfer vs. two, but let me make the decision in the end. At that point, it was my fourth transfer overall and given the emotional and financial toll, I wanted to be more aggressive. I listened to his arguments (which were certainly valid and based on good medicine) and did agonize over the right thing to do. When I decided to transfer two, he didn't try to shame me or make me feel like a bad person. Again, I felt much more respected than in previous situations. In the end, however, that particular transfer wasn't successful and I only had one embryo left for my final transfer - and that was the one that stuck.
Jacksonville

Dr. Winslow is very knowledgeable, but bedside manners are not a thing that he possesses at all. He is so forward and straight to the point that it totally rubbed my husband the wrong way, and one time i had to have a conversation with him about backing off a little... I was on maximum doses for their office, which was 300 follistim, 150 menopur each cycle. He never switched it up, which sometimes gave me question, but i trusted that maximum dowsed was what my body needed.
The billing specialists [FIRM] sometimes take a while to get back to you, but they are nice. The front desk personnel have always been kind. The nurses begin to know you by name, which really shows their customer service commitment... The nurses were very nice, many of them had trouble drawing my blood, and there were only a few that could get it the first time around, but overall they were good... I had insurance for the first few treatments so I was quoted about 3,000 per cycle, not including medicine
He is the head doctor of the FIRM, so he has a wealth of knowledge, and I trusted him in that area, and stuck with him because i wanted the best. But as far as bedside manners or compassion, that is not something he possesses, so if you need someone that will kindly walk you through your process and caringly address your needs, he isn’t the doctor for you.
If you want the most knowledgeable and experienced doctor in the practice and you don’t care about the delivery of information than Winslow is the best option. If you do care, and you need someone who can be patient and compassionate, he isn’t the doctor for you
I was on maximum doses for their office, which was 300 follistim, 150 menopur each cycle. He never switched it up, which sometimes gave me question, but i trusted that maximum dowsed was what my body needed. The first time he had me on BC pills too long and i never made it to retrieval. The second time we did no BC, 2 eggs were retrieved 1 made it to transfer but didn’t stick. The third time I was on BC for only 2 wks, 7 eggs were retrieved, 6 mature and frozen, when thawed and fertilized 4 fertilized, But none made it to embryos and I had nothing to transfer
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The billing specialists sometimes take a while to get back to you, but they are nice. The front desk personnel have always been kind. The nurses begin to know you by name, which really shows their customer service commitment
Jacksonville
at day 6 he [Dr. Michael Freeman] upped my dosage to 200iu gonal f through day 11 to increase my eggs grow time... We had great results - 26 eggs collected, 25 mature, and 24 fertilized. Out of the 24, 12 made it to day 5 blasts graded from AB to BB. I transferred one 5AB and got pregnant...Dr. Freeman takes his time speaking with us, and is empathetic to our situation...Dr. Freeman is a very down to earth, yet blunt doctor. He takes his time to discuss hard to understand fertility terms and procedures and makes them easy to understand. He can be a little straight to the point, but I don't feel like that's a bad thing. He is open to suggestions as well, which is not the case for most REs.
The nursing staff at the Daytona location [of FIRM] are AMAZING! Always kind and professional and really accommodating...IUI - $750, monitoring apt - $125, Consult with Insurance - $150...This clinic is close to my house (Daytona Beach office), friendly nursing staff, and you get to see the doctor for every monitoring appointment. Never a long wait, and they are thorough, which I feel like is a hard combo to achieve. Very clean and very updated equipment. The convenience of having the lab in the office is nice as well.
Be your own advocate and he will listen.
He used the antagonist protocol (Gonal-F 175iu a day, and Menopur - 1 vial), at day 6 he upped my dosage to 200iu gonal f through day 11 to increase my eggs grow time. Day 5 on Cetrotide was also included. We had great results - 26 eggs collected, 25 mature, and 24 fertilized. Out of the 24, 12 made it to day 5 blasts graded from AB to BB. I transferred one 5AB and got pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
The nursing staff at the Daytona location are AMAZING! Always kind and professional and really accommodating.
IUI - $750, monitoring apt - $125, Consult with Insurance - $150
Dr. Freeman had a high preference for me to transfer just one embryo since this was our first transfer, and we are under the age of 35. We agreed that we would transfer 1, and if that didn't result in a pregnancy transfer 2 the next time.
Jacksonville
[Dr. Kari Sproul Von Goeben] Always smiled and seemed to care. Sometimes I felt like she didn't listen what I wanted or felt like I needed though. She would disagree with me a lot on testing I wanted done. She did however always explain why and talk to me about it all. She listened to what I had to say and while not always agreeing, she gave me a reason why. It meant a lot that she always gave me hugs especially after my failed embryo transfer. She was somewhat comforting and maybe could somewhat relate to what I was going through. Overall she is a very kind person and I think she does want to help me become a mom
My IVF [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was $6000 for ultrasound monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, and transfer. On top of that we had to pay extra for the anesthesia and ICSI...As far as strengths the staff are all very nice and welcoming. For the most part they worked with my schedule for appointments and made it easier to be seen. As far as weaknesses, the waits were usually very long.
Dr. Von Goeben was always welcoming and kind. Always smiled and seemed to care. Sometimes I felt like she didn't listen what I wanted or felt like I needed though. She would disagree with me a lot on testing I wanted done. She did however always explain why and talk to me about it all. She listened to what I had to say and while not always agreeing, she gave me a reason why. It meant a lot that she always gave me hugs especially after my failed embryo transfer. She was somewhat comforting and maybe could somewhat relate to what I was going through. Overall she is a very kind person and I think she does want to help me become a mom
Don't be afraid to speak up for what you want
I sometimes felt like it was all about money. They refused to test me for things I thought would help but did me explanations as to why. I always had my questions answered but sometimes felt rushed. I did feel like a human for the most part as my doctor did hug me after my failed cycle and could feel my pain
For my IUI's I was on Clomid which all failed. I don't remember much from those cycles. For my IVF I was taking Gonal F and Menopur. I believe I was on 300 of Gonal and 150 of Menopur. Then Cetrotide was added. Unfortunately I had to stay on the Gonal and Menopur a little longer than normal because my follicles were not exactly where they wanted them. I took the Lupron trigger shot and they retrieved 22 eggs. Of those 22, 19 were mature and fertilized with ICSI. Only 9 made it to biopsy and freeze and of this 9 PGS tested embryos, 7 were normal. Dr. Von Goeben was unable to do my actual retrieval. I then had a polypectomy done for multiple polyps. Then I was placed on birth control for about 2 weeks. After stopping that, I started taking estradiol 1 mg tabs, 3 in the morning and 3 at night (worked up to that). I had my day 13 scan and my lining was not thick enough. So she extended my estrogen by a week. After the next scan my lining was good and was told to start Progesterone supp. I took those for 6 days and on the 6th day had my embryo transfer. My transfer went very smoothly. Unfortunately it failed.
The nurses were nice but sometimes it was hard to get ahold of them. However they always got back to me. I didn't have a nurse I wasn't happy with
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
As far as strengths the staff are all very nice and welcoming. For the most part they worked with my schedule for appointments and made it easier to be seen. As far as weaknesses, the waits were usually very long. The clinic was always freezing and waiting forever in an ice cold waiting room was not easy.
Everything was out of pocket. My IUI's were each over $700 and that didn't include the $50 bottle of Clomid for each cycle. My IVF was $6000 for ultrasound monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, and transfer. On top of that we had to pay extra for the anesthesia and ICSI. Also the medications which were almost $5,000. Then the PGS testing which was $2,000 for the biopsy paid to the clinic and over $1,700 for the testing paid to the lab.
My doctor strongly insists only 1 embryo be transferred for my age because of the risk of multiples. I asked after my failed transfer of 1 about doing 2 for the next one and she still recommends 1
Jacksonville
he [Dr. Winslow] encouraged us to move to ivf... He is very quick with his appointments but he doesn’t go in to a lot of detail. So it’s hard to get questions answered because he’s so quick. I always felt like there was more he could have explained, more reassurance he could have given. Generally speaking he knew who I was and information about me. I grew to learn that he doesn’t go in to details unless it’s necessary. He is a nice doctor and is very knowledgeable.
The nursing staff and ivf coordinator [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were all very knowledgeable and friendly and helpful. They always answered all my questions and provided reassurance along the way...Each iui was around $800. Our ivf was around $12,000 including medications...The doctors do rotate so you don’t see the same doctor every time. We were always treated well and with care and compassion. Overall we had a great experience!
He’s a very nice and knowledgeable doctor. He does show compassion and treats each patient with respect and care. He doesn’t go in to a lot of details explaining things. He only explains what you need to know. He’s always on time, I never had to wait for him. He’s very quick with his appointments which is good but also hard to get questions answered.
Let him know ahead of time you have questions and just know if he’s short or doesn’t go in to a lot of detail he isn’t blowing you off. He only goes in to detail about what you really need to know. He doesn’t want you to worry about things you don’t need to worry about. He is very quick and it’s not him being short. He is just very concise in his appointments.
Overall I felt like a human. He is very quick with his appointments but he doesn’t go in to a lot of detail. So it’s hard to get questions answered because he’s so quick. I always felt like there was more he could have explained, more reassurance he could have given. Generally speaking he knew who I was and information about me. I grew to learn that he doesn’t go in to details unless it’s necessary. He is a nice doctor and is very knowledgeable.
We started with two rounds of letrozole with TI. Our third round we saw a different doctor and he increased our dose to 7.5 mg and I ended up producing too many eggs so the cycle was cancelled. The next cycle we went back to the 5 mg dose and did our first iui and it didn’t work. The second iui we changed to clomid and it again resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Winslow explained usually if things are going to work, they would by now so he encouraged us to move to ivf. We did gonal-f and menopur and added in cetrotide. We triggered with Lupron and they retrieved 9 eggs. 2 fertilized, 2 went to blast to be frozen and we just transferred those two blastocysts and we are currently in the tww!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
The nursing staff and ivf coordinator were all very knowledgeable and friendly and helpful. They always answered all my questions and provided reassurance along the way.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall I had a good experience at the FIRM. The doctors do rotate so you don’t see the same doctor every time. We were always treated well and with care and compassion. Overall we had a great experience!
Each iui was around $800. Our ivf was around $12,000 including medications.
Describe Kevin Winslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Our doctor strongly encouraged us to only transfer one embryo but we felt very strongly about transferring both so he allowed it. He explained the risks associated and we understood and still felt comfortable moving forward.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
The only issue I ever had was they never called me with my progesterone results during my second iui cycle. By the time I got the results my period was starting so it was pointless to try to add progesterone.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Winslow seems very knowledgeable and I have no doubt as to his expertise. However, as a patient I would prefer he have a better bedside manner. He always seems to be in a rush. I understand he has a busy practice, but he needs to give patients a chance to ask questions...Got called the wrong name! Doesn't knock on the door, just barges in and starts rattling off like he's always in a hurry to get done with you... I am on the third cycle of attempting IUI and no success thus far. No positive pregnancy tests. Our next step is to move on to IVF.
Strengths [at FIRM] - financial information is provided up front (no surprises - which I appreciate) , have several satellite clinics which allow patients who do not live in Jacksonville a shorter drive at times, multiple doctors allow Saturday visits if needed to coincide with your cycle Weaknesses - need friendlier and more compassionate staff members (they have been professional but it would help if they would learn to treat others as they would want to be treated!)...Seemed like I was getting the "run around" so to speak, with getting results and pre work up, prior to beginning the IUI process.
Write down any questions you may have ahead of time.
Due to a successful IUI in the past, we have followed what worked for me then. Letrozole 7.5 x 5 days (3 - 8.) F/U ultrasound and HCG trigger shot on or around day 12 and IUI on day 13 or 14 dependent upon the follicle size. I am on the third cycle of attempting IUI and no success thus far. No positive pregnancy tests. Our next step is to move on to IVF.
My interaction with the nursing staff (assuming they are nurses and not medical assistants) has mostly consisted of them placing me in a patient room. I've asked some of these staff members questions and they seem to have a limited knowledge. I have spoken to a couple of nurses over the phone who seem more educated, but I always have to leave a message and wait for a return call. I have been able to get my questions answered once I actually speak to a nurse.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths - financial information is provided up front (no surprises - which I appreciate) , have several satellite clinics which allow patients who do not live in Jacksonville a shorter drive at times, multiple doctors allow Saturday visits if needed to coincide with your cycle Weaknesses - need friendlier and more compassionate staff members (they have been professional but it would help if they would learn to treat others as they would want to be treated!)
U/S $125, urine test $10, IUI $390
Jacksonville

Dr. Freeman saw me as a statistic. I felt as if I was a medical mystery and that my miscarriages were not that big of a deal. It was a painful experience. ... The ultrasound showed a sac and a small baby with a faint heartbeat. He still said he had seen enough of these that it wasn’t going to last and I needed to terminate. My husband and I left in tears and completely devastated
The Firm is a fantastic clinic. We loved the location and the nice clean office space. Also, they have valet parking which helps tremendously when you are running late for a transfer!! The financial department had trouble with getting back to us a couple of times but it was easily handled when we arrived. We have visited their Jacksonville office and their Tallahassee office both are wonderful.
The best way to explain our experience with Dr. Freeman is less than ideal. On our follow up appointment from our transfer to verify pregnancy, he walked in and automatically said I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Why? We had a positive pregnancy test, blood tests were doubling every week and we had transferred two high grades embryos. I ignored the comment and he proceeded with the ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a sac and a small baby with a faint heartbeat. He still said he had seen enough of these that it wasn’t going to last and I needed to terminate. My husband and I left in tears and completely devastated. This was our 4th pregnancy and another loss. We came home and saw my OB/GYN who saw us through 8 weeks of trying to keep this pregnancy viable. I understand that Dr. Freeman was right in his assessment but when you are working with a woman who has seen multiple losses and is trying to hold on to any chance of hope, please have some compassion.
He’s extremely smart but know that he does not have a warm bed side manner. Just have thick skin when dealing with him.
I was on so many different hormones I do not remember the exact dosages.
The nurses were the best part of the experience. Each one showed compassion and knowledge for any question I had.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The entire IVF process including fertility medications was $22,500.
Dr. Freeman did not have a preference.
2016, Unknown Success
Dr.Duffy took personal time in his office with my husband and myself to discuss our steps.... Dr.Duffy was a kind and warm hearted doctor. He made me feel at ease during my procedure. Afterwards, we were welcomed into his office to discuss the next steps of the process. The only downfall was that the procedure was more painful than expected.... Be honest and open about your concerns. Dr.Duffy has a lot of information to share!
This is a very nice clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] with multiple locations. You are even able to get some bloodwork conducted in Georgia if needed.... Seemed like a typical nursing staff. However, I really appreciated their understanding of us running late as we got lost on the way.... I was disappointed with some things not being inclusive for the price. Having to come up with additional funds for pre transfer requirements was not easy.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This is a very nice clinic with multiple locations. You are even able to get some bloodwork conducted in Georgia if needed. I did have a hard time finding the location a few years back as they had just recently moved out of the hospital area. However, the staff was very understanding and told us not to rush. The office is very nice and neat. It could probably use a better magazine selection lol The doctor was very warm and friendly. Unfortunately the procedure was more painful than I expected. The doctor was very knowledgeable and invited us to discuss the plans in his office. I would recommend this clinic to friends and family
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr Winslow explains procedure thoroughly and with compassion. He listens to your concerns and stirs you in the course he thinks will best suite you. After my 2 failed retrievals he referred us to the wgg donor process. This will be something we may persue at a later date.... Nurse and doctors at clinic were very help if I eve had a question and took their time to answer and let explain my concerns
The clinic [FL Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is very busy but they are efficient and will work with you on scheduling. The nurse and doctors follow up with you in a timely fashion... The nurses were wonderful. All were very compassionate and understanding. They were helpful and willing to answer any questions I or my husband had during our treatments.
Come with your questions ready to be asked and ready to take notes
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very busy but they are efficient and will work with you on scheduling. The nurse and doctors follow up with you in a timely fashion.
Jacksonville
He [Dr. Michael Freeman] explains clearly without hiding any details. He is sympathetic without being condescending. He answered all of our questions without making us feel silly. He did my d&c after we lost the baby with compassion and tact.... Dr sees you every visit not a nurse practitioner. The office needs updating and isn't as nice as some others. They are compassionate and handled our two losses with tact. We like Dr. Freeman more than Dr. Erb.
Dr sees you every visit [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] not a nurse practitioner. The office needs updating and isn't as nice as some others. They are compassionate and handled our two losses with tact. We like Dr. Freeman more than Dr. Erb.... $750 for IUI cycle... They sent my lab work to the wrong lab... He explains clearly without hiding any details. He is sympathetic without being condescending. He answered all of our questions without making us feel silly. He did my d&c after we lost the baby with compassion and tact.
Ask for the information you want.
He was sensitive and patient
Femara with trigger and iui
Efficient
$750 for IUI cycle
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
They sent my lab work to the wrong lab

2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Goeben] is very thorough with her explanations. Has a good bed side manner. She made me feel as if she always remembers my case details...She is friendly and thorough on her explanation of everything. She does have a tendency to talk very fast so it’s sometimes hard to take in everything she is explaining all at once. She seemed to be understanding of my issues. It seems like She is on the lesser aggressive side when it come to treatments.
All of the [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] staff seems very friendly with great personalities...The initial consultation was $100.00. All test besides semen analysis were already done by my gynecologist. The follow up was also $100.00. I have spent about $800-$900 per iui...The clinic is very welcoming and I haven’t had any issues scheduling appointments. They have multiple office which works out well when trying to schedule. All 3 Doctors had a good bedside manner. I’m hoping for a positive outcome with my situation. I haven’t had any bad or negative experiences with this office.
To make sure you have a pen and paper ready. She gives a ton of information but is a very faced pace speaker.
She is very thorough with her explanations. Has a good bed side manner. She made me feel as if she always remembers my case details.
After going over all my test results that were previously done by my gynecologist office. I was told I wouldn’t need Ivf that she would like to start with iui. After 2 unsuccessful iuis I was told by another Dr at the practice that it looks like iui won’t work and IVF is needed.
All of the staff seems very friendly with great personalities. I don’t have anything negative to say at all.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t have any experience with this topic yet.
Jacksonville

Sometimes when I would ask questions he seemed in a hurry or just like it may have been a stupid question. ... Dr. Winslow does not like fresh so we did not get that option. None of my four embryos made it to frozen transfer so now we just wonder what if had we been given the chance at fresh. ... I did 300 Gonal-F mixed with 2 vials of Menopur and I did those 11 days in my hip at night I did my centride 8 days in my stomach (in the mornings) On the 12th day is when I did my trigger (HCG)
I do have to say that there never was a long wait [at Florida Institute for Repro Med] and I never was actually there long (which I guess could be good or bad). If I ever had to call my nurse and it went to voice mail she was very prompt at getting back to me. ... We just had to call and get the results from my husbands sample. And they never told me what my FSH was nor did they ever explain what my bloodwork was for each time I went.
The doctor who did my egg retrieval told my husband that I would be a great candidate for fresh transfer but Dr. Winslow does not like fresh so we did not get that option. None of my four embryos made it to frozen transfer so now we just wonder what if had we been given the chance at fresh.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and find out more information. Do outside research!!!!
They seemed to all be nice.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I do wish I had more information just about IVF to begin with. I do have to say that there never was a long wait and I never was actually there long (which I guess could be good or bad). If I ever had to call my nurse and it went to voice mail she was very prompt at getting back to me.
It was around $15,000 for the IVF and then around $5,000 for medication with an outside pharmacy.
We didn’t get that far or ever discuss it.