Daytona Beach
850-354-5011
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207

2017 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Erb is extremely thorough and descriptive about the entire process- something that 100% made me feel comfortable and at ease about the biggest undertaking of our lives... She was always patient with us and answered all of our questions- we never felt rushed. She explained every medication, every procedure- and all the reasons why- that really helped to satisfy and put at ease my Type A mind...
I felt like I got truly individualized and personal care at the Daytona location [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]...it was a smaller and more intimate setting. From Elana that answers the phone and greets you, Jenny that helps with billing, Crystal that checked my vitals and drew blood, our nurse coordinator Susan, and of course Dr. Erb- we feel like family there. Everyone is on a first name basis- they all know you- ask about your life- and honestly and genuinely want this journey to be successful.
How was your experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Erb is simply the best. She was always patient with us and answered all of our questions- we never felt rushed. She explained every medication, every procedure- and all the reasons why- that really helped to satisfy and put at ease my Type A mind.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Trust her.The news isn’t always going to be what you want to hear but I absolutely believe that she 100% wants what you want- and she knows how to get it for you. I have a beautiful baby boy, and another one kicking away inside me because of her and I will be forever grateful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Erb is extremely thorough and descriptive about the entire process- something that 100% made me feel comfortable and at ease about the biggest undertaking of our lives. She took the time and taught us why we needed to do what we were doing from a medical standpoint, she coached us through every procedure and set back, and she has cheered us along as we now have had two (for two) successful transfers- our beautiful baby boy and another one the way. I have always felt like she GENUINELY wants what we want - healthy babies- and even though it hasn’t always been easy- she has been a true hand-in hand partner along the way.
Describe the protocols Teresa Erb used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I don’t remember the names of the protocols- but because of my chromosomal abnormality the goal was to retrieve the most amount of eggs so that the odds of having some good eggs was better. I’m also a large person- 5’9” and 200lbs so I was on the max doses of endometrin and o Other meds I took. Round one- 16 eggs retrieved, 7 made it to day 5, 2 tested as normal - currently pregnant with one, the other is still on ice. Round two- 13 eggs retrieved, 6 made it to day 2 5, 1 tested as normal- my beautiful, perfect, amazing little boy ❤️
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
Everyone is fabulous! We were primarily seen at the Daytona office which I loved because it was a smaller and more intimate setting. From Elana that answers the phone and greets you, Jenny that helps with billing, Crystal that checked my vitals and drew blood, our nurse coordinator Susan, and of course Dr. Erb- we feel like family there. Everyone is on a first name basis- they all know you- ask about your life- and honestly and genuinely want this journey to be successful.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I felt like I got truly individualized and personal care at the Daytona location. I enjoy going to that office- even given the stress of this IVF process I always feel a huge sense of support when I’m there- like everyone is cheering you on because they KNOW me. My ONLY, even slightly negative experience was when we had to go to the larger ‘corporate’-feeling Jacksonville office. It wasn’t even negative- it’s just that I never got that warm huggy feeling like I do at the smaller office. The lady at check in doesn’t know my name or ask what my two year dressed as for Halloween. The woman checking my vitals doesn’t watch the same drama as me and chat me up about last weeks plot twist. I still saw Dr. Erb and and felt at ease- but I think the whole ‘vibe’ of the Daytona office really spoiled me.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I think each retrieval was around $12,000- plus the cost of medications. Each FET was $3000 plus the cost of medications Embryo storage was $400 after the finest two years. The medications will get you. During our first retrieval nothing was covered by insurance, for the second retrieval some was. I was on the highest doses because of the size and wanting to get the most eggs possible. During our first FET a study had been released - something about the progesterone shots being very effective- so we added that to the protocol. At our second FET consult we discussed the studies about the progesterone injection effectiveness and ultimately decided with De. Erbs guidance to exclusively do the shots - and it was a huge $$$ savings. And it worked 👍🏻
Describe Teresa Erb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The risks of multiple births were explained to us. As ‘fun’ and ‘exciting’ as twins sound- we wanted the best possible outcome for an uncomplicated pregnancy and a healthy baby. That being said- we implanted one and conceived mo/di twins. At 12 weeks we saw MFM and learned that one of our twins didn’t have a heartbeat. Dr Erb got the report and called me- even after I was no longer under her care. She made sure I understood the prognosis from the other doctor (which was favorable for the surviving twin). That moment really stuck with me. The second embryo we implanted already had two inner cellar masses at the time of freezing. While we were hoping for the best- Dr. Erb still referred us to a geneticist before the transfer just so that we were prepared for all the possible outcomes. Given our over-achieving embryos’ desire to divide we’re thankful that we did not implant two.
Teresa Erb
Jacksonville

Dr. Winslow is compassionate, knowledgeable, and honest...After each visit, I felt like Dr. Winslow was making the best decisions for my body and future baby. He explains each procedure and step thoroughly...He started with one round of oral medicines and timed intercourse. Later, we did 3 IUI procedures with oral medications and injections...Dr. Winslow retrieved 15 eggs, and only 2 made it to the day 5 blastocyst stage
Nurses of [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] are knowledgeable, compassionate, and most importantly personable...$25,000 total including 3 IUIs and 1 IVF round...Each team member, including doctors and nurses, are personable and genuinely interested in your dream to become a parent...Dr. Winslow suggested I only transfer one embryo, and I’ve always trusted him so that’s what we did!
How was your experience with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Winslow is compassionate, knowledgeable, and honest. He has realistic expectations and truly gets to know each patient. His years of expertise is unbeatable. After each visit, I felt like Dr. Winslow was making the best decisions for my body and future baby. He explains each procedure and step thoroughly.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I would tell a prospective patient to simply trust him, and let him do what’s best for your body!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Winslow and his staff are AMAZING! They’re honest, personable, and caring!
Describe the protocols Kevin Winslow used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
After reviewing our test results, Dr. Winslow was proactive in planning our treatments but he didn’t want us to spend too much money without having to. Due to our unexplained infertility, he was compassionate and hopeful. He started with one round of oral medicines and timed intercourse. Later, we did 3 IUI procedures with oral medications and injections. After failed attempts, we moved onto IVF. Dr. Winslow retrieved 15 eggs, and only 2 made it to the day 5 blastocyst stage. According to the genetic testing results, one was abnormal and one was considered “no result”. We transferred the no result embryo only a couple days before the corona virus shut down the fertility world. We found out last week the embryo implanted!! We’re beyond excited and thankful for Dr. Winslow! My HCG numbers have been great this past week and we hope they continue to increase!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Winslow’s nursing staff is incredible!! They are knowledgeable, compassionate, and most importantly personable! Each one of them got to know me and my husband and would frequently ask us about our jobs and hobbies. We couldn’t ask for a better team of nurses!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine (FIRM) puts patients first! They are compassionate, proactive, and knowledgeable. Each team member, including doctors and nurses, are personable and genuinely interested in your dream to become a parent.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
$25,000 total including 3 IUIs and 1 IVF round.
Describe Kevin Winslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Jacksonville

Dr. Sproul von Goeben was invaluable to us as we went through donor egg IVF. Her understanding and knowledgeability about my diagnosis, the medications and protocol she placed me on, and her referral to an endocrinologist to help manage my thyroid issues...For the transfer cycle, I was told the clinic’s typical protocol is Estradiol pills (Estrogen support), Endometrin vaginal suppositories, and injectable progesterone in oil ...
We paid over $30,000 to the clinic as part of the guarantee cycle (plus office visits + ultrasounds)...The FIRM has several clinics in the area. This is one of the reasons I chose them. They had clinics near where I worked and also where my husband worked. So he was able to do his semen analysis and things like that at the clinic near his work, and I did ultrasounds and appointments at the clinic closest to my work. The staff at all three clinics we wound up going to were friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Sproul von Goeben was invaluable to us as we went through donor egg IVF. Her understanding and knowledgeability about my diagnosis, the medications and protocol she placed me on, and her referral to an endocrinologist to help manage my thyroid issues, I believe, is the reason for our successful transfer!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I would highly recommend Dr. Sproul von Goeben. She (and the staff at FIRM) are very helpful and responsive. When we try for a second child in another year or two, there is no doubt that we will return to see Dr. Sproul von Goeben!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Sproul von Goeben is very warm and friendly, while still maintaining professionalism and is honest and thorough when discussing diagnosis and treatment options.
Describe the protocols Kari Sproul von Goeben used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For the transfer cycle, I was told the clinic’s typical protocol is Estradiol pills (Estrogen support), Endometrin vaginal suppositories, and injectable progesterone in oil (Progesterone support). I started estradiol pills 4 days after stopping birth control pills and then the Endometrin and injectable progesterone in oil the day our eggs were thawed & fertilized. So just those 3 medications unless Dr. Von Goeben specifically states otherwise. 1. Last birth control pill on ____ (date) 2. Start Estradiol 1mg taking 3 pills twice a day Four days later 3. Cryo Monitoring appointment was about 12 days after I started Estradiol. 4. Thawed and fertilized eggs the next day. And started progesterone support 5. Our transfer was 5 days later! Of our 6 frozen eggs, all six made the thaw, 5 fertilized, and 3 made it to day 5 blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy Graham)
Strengths were that she was great and timely with communication. Amy is the Donor Nurse Coordinator and she is very good at what she does! My only complaint was that as we were deciding which cycle plan was right for us, there were criteria we had to hit that was not told to us up front. So I would feel like we were good to move forward, and then was told we needed to do something else/make sure we hit certain criteria to qualify for one of the programs. I understand the need for this, I just wish those things had been told to us upfront.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic was very upfront about fees for cycles. Also recommended a pharmacy with decent prices for fertility medication. We paid over $30,000 to the clinic as part of the guarantee cycle (plus office visits + ultrasounds)
Describe Kari Sproul von Goeben's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
For us, Dr. Sproul von Goeben recommended single embryo transfer. She explained how getting two babies for one cycle can seem like a good idea, but oftentimes pregnancy with multiples can come with extra risks for mother & babies, and that twins can be delivered early and need time in the NICU, etc. I was comfortable with the decision. I had a failed embryo transfer with another doctor years ago (fresh cycle) and transferred 2 embryos, and neither implanted. I won’t dive into issues with the other doctor/clinic here. I will just reiterate that Dr. Sproul von Goeben and the FIRM have my full trust in taking care of my health and helping us to achieve a healthy pregnancy.

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
I really appreciate how caring and nice Dr. Erb is. She was able to help us establish a plan and gave us hope. We struggle with male infertility and she was very reassuring through the not so great test results that we still had options to try...makes me feel like she truly cares. She listens to my concerns and answers any questions we have throughly while giving in depth explanations to results, procedures, and options for next steps.
I think right now they [FIRM-Jacksonville] are short staffed, so scheduling an appointment is very challenging...Besides the frustrations with scheduling and long wait times, once you get in and actually see the doctor its a pleasant experience...the nurse said she would ask Dr. Erb and call me back. She called me within the hour with more details and I really appreciated that.
I really appreciate how caring and nice Dr. Erb is. She was able to help us establish a plan and gave us hope. We struggle with male infertility and she was very reassuring through the not so great test results that we still had options to try. After almost a year on medications my husbands sperm have improved from 0 to a normal range but are abnormal in shape. She was very kind in explaining exactly what that meant and told us our possible next steps; we scheduled an HSG procedure for Monday then will start IUI. I appreciate how thorough she is with directions and information. Her calm demeanor helps me feel at ease during an otherwise stressful time.
If you have questions write them down because she will definitely answer them all for you.
Dr. Erb makes me feel like she truly cares. She listens to my concerns and answers any questions we have throughly while giving in depth explanations to results, procedures, and options for next steps.
To help treat my husbands lack of sperm, he had to do Pregnyl injections every other day and his testosterone levels were monitored by an Endocrinologist we were referred to by Dr. Erb. She also prescribed me Vitamin d3 after our initial visit when my bloodwork showed my levels were low. We are now on a vitamin regime she recommended as we prep for IUI after my HSG procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
I've talked to a couple of nurses, Patty and Lisa are the 2 names I remember. They were very friendly. I had a question about a result, the nurse said she would ask Dr. Erb and call me back. She called me within the hour with more details and I really appreciated that.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I think right now they are short staffed, so scheduling an appointment is very challenging. The book over a month out and seem to reschedule appointments last minute which is very frustrating when you wait weeks or months for an appointment. Besides the frustrations with scheduling and long wait times, once you get in and actually see the doctor its a pleasant experience.
We've had a copay for our check up visits but have paid 85$ for semen analysis and will be paying 95$ for the HSG procedure (copay plus a 60$ fee the hospital is charging). The Pregnyl medication was extremely costly at almost 500$ a month which we used for close to a year.
At this time we haven't discussed either of these with Dr. Erb
Teresa Erb

2020 - 2021, Successful
From day one Dr. Winslow treated us like we were important...Dr. Winslow makes sure to give you the best and worst case scenario in whatever situation you may be in. He makes sure you understand any risks that there may be but he doesn’t do it in a negative way. He says it with respect and from a medical professionals point of view because he cares about his patients and wants the best for them...
ALL of the nursing staff [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was absolutely amazing...Anytime I had a random question or concern, I could call and was able to speak with someone right then. Every phone call was answered with happy, cheerful voices who were ready to help...We were treated like family the entire time we were there...They make sure you know you’re not alone through any of it...
From day one Dr. Winslow treated us like we were important. I was using another doctors office before being referred and when it was found I would need to see a fertility doctor, the office I was using was very rude and nonchalant about my diagnosis. It was a horrible experience. After meeting with Dr. Winslow and his team I knew without a doubt in this world we were in the right place. I literally can not say one bad thing or “weakness” about anyone at the FIRM.
Ask questions but be ready for the answers. It may not be what you want to hear but Dr. Winslow makes sure to give you the best and worst case scenario in whatever situation you may be in. He makes sure you understand any risks that there may be but he doesn’t do it in a negative way. He says it with respect and from a medical professionals point of view because he cares about his patients and wants the best for them.
Everytime Dr. Winslow walked into the room, he greeted us like he had known us for years. He always wished the best for us and always gave us the most honest truths about every situation. He took time to explain things to us that we were clueless about.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Linda Fricke )
ALL of the nursing staff was absolutely amazing. They cried with us when things didn’t go right and shared excitement with us when things did go right. They instantly became family to us. They never failed us in any way what so ever. I literally cried when we officially “graduated” from the clinic. 3 specific individuals that really touched our hearts was both Linda’s and Leah in the Tallahassee office. Anytime I had a random question or concern, I could call and was able to speak with someone right then. Every phone call was answered with happy, cheerful voices who were ready to help. That was something we were not used to with our previous doctor. We were treated like family the entire time we were there. Everyone at the FIRM was made for that job. Going through infertility can be mentally, emotionally and physically painful and the FIRM has literal angels working for them. They may not know what every individual goes through but you would never know that. They are great and couldn’t be any better. I could write a whole book on them. Lol
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I literally have NO complaints. The FIRM is an amazing place for anyone struggling to get pregnant or needing anything fertility related. They work with you any way they can. They make sure you know you’re not alone through any of it.
We honestly lost count of how much we ended up spending. It was definitely a lot of money but compared to other clinics, it was reasonably priced and they were always willing to work with us on making payments when things got a little pricey.

2021, Successful
Dr Duffy was very kind and took his time with us each time. I never felt rushed with him and he would answer any questions we had each time. 3 times I got low blood pressure during procedures and he was very caring and took care of me and didn’t rush or get upset that it took longer...He always took his time and talked and explained things. I did not feel rushed with him or like we were just a number.
We overall had a good experience with the FIRM...I wish Duffy was still with the clinic we would use him again. The only other issue we had was sometimes we had to wait a while at an appt they would be running behind but I understand it happens and in this practice sometimes things go unexpected...Few issues with nurses and billing. Nothing major with issues.
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He was very kind and we enjoyed having him I would highly recommend him I wish he had not left the practice we wanted to use him again. He always took his time and talked and explained things. I did not feel rushed with him or like we were just a number.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He’s awesome I wish he had stayed at the Firm because we would like to use him again in the future. He was my favorite doctor there!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Daniel Duffy used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Medicine first- negative 3 IUIs with clomid and last one with clomid and menopur. The last one resulted in twins, but one was lost at 9 weeks. 1st IUI resulted in ectopic pregnancy.
Most were kind, one rushed us out after IUI and being told to lay and wait and I didn’t like that. Other than that they were all nice and caring.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall good clinic. Few issues with nurses and billing. Nothing major with issues. We overall had a good experience with the FIRM. I do not have any other comments for this. I wish Duffy was still with the clinic we would use him again. The only other issue we had was sometimes we had to wait a while at an appt they would be running behind but I understand it happens and in this practice sometimes things go unexpected.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
About $1000 per IuI
Describe Daniel Duffy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
No the only thing we had wrong was I had a test done and waited for results and never got them no one ever called.

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Duffy] is kind, compassionate and extremely caring. He takes his to time answer any questions you may have and is very thorough in explaining everything...believes I was misdiagnosed with PCOS by my previous doctor after going over my test results. Being that my AMH levels are very high, he said I had time so he suggested to do 1 or 2 cycles of IUI’s before going down the IVF route...always remembers me and is very personable. He has a great bedside manner.
I really love it at [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. Everyone is so kind and professional. They are organized which was something my last clinic was not. I never feel like a number... I never feel rushed and I haven’t had a bad experience with any member of their staff...Dr. Duffy is kind, compassionate and extremely caring. He takes his to time answer any questions you may have and is very thorough in explaining everything. You can tell he is very passionate about helping his patients.
Ask questions and trust him. He knows what he’s doing.
I never felt like a number. Dr. Duffy is very kind and caring.
Dr. Duffy believes I was misdiagnosed with PCOS by my previous doctor after going over my test results. Being that my AMH levels are very high, he said I had time so he suggested to do 1 or 2 cycles of IUI’s before going down the IVF route. The day of the IUI, he examined my husband’s sperm and it came back very low. Which was a surprised because my husband has had 2 sperm analysts that not came back normal in the past. He suggested we move forward with the IUI because even though count was extremely low(200k), a small chance of pregnancy is better than no chance at all. We moved forward and Dr. Duffy scheduled another semen analysis for my husband the following week. Those results came in higher but are still a little low(10million). Dr. Duffy requested blood tests on my husband to see if their are any other issues and we are waiting on those. Meanwhile the IUI was unsuccessful but we are moving forward with a second round of IUI because we don’t want to waste a cycle. By the time, of my cycle day 12 ovulation ultrasound, my husband’s test results will come back and we’ll know if he has any hormonal issues that’s causing his low sperm count. If on the day of our IUI, the sperm count comes in extremely low again, Dr. Duffy will go over our options then.
Everyone is kind and professional.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I really love it at FIRM. Everyone is so kind and professional. They are organized which was something my last clinic was not. I never feel like a number. I especially love Dr. Duffy. He always remembers me and is very personable. He has a great bedside manner. He’s very thorough in explaining procedures and his reasoning for doing things. I never feel rushed and I haven’t had a bad experience with any member of their staff.
I believe the cost is very reasonable. It’s been less expensive than the last doctor I saw but with a far better experience.

2020, Unknown Success
We struggled at our OBGYN to find a diagnosis for our infertility for about a year. Dr. Winslow found it in the first month. My husband actually has low sperm morphology...[he] suggested three to four rounds of medicated (Letrozole) IUI...[he] is a very blunt person. I know many couples can be sensitive when it comes to fertility treatments. This type of personality may not work for all couples
We use the Tallahassee office [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] because it is closest to us. It is easy to get to, has its own parking lot, and is small (which we like). The waiting room and the exam rooms are very nice and clean, but still cozy and welcoming. The receptionist is awesome! She is kind, organized, and thorough. She has filled out several grant requests for us and did it quickly and efficiently
Dr. Winslow is a very blunt person. I know many couples can be sensitive when it comes to fertility treatments. This type of personality may not work for all couples. However, my husband and I appreciate his bluntness. He is not going to sugarcoat anything for you, which I think is important so you don't develop false hope. He will answer any and all questions you may have as simply and to-the-point as he can.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He may not give you a ton of information outright. I think he does this so not to overwhelm you. However, he will answer any question you throw at him.
The office I go to for my appointments is very small. I have never waited more than ten or so minutes to be seen. While in our appointments, my husband and I tend to ask many questions. We have never felt rushed or like we were bothering Dr. Winslow. He was always happy to answer any questions we had. He also takes the time to explain things to you in simple terms if you ask.
We struggled at our OBGYN to find a diagnosis for our infertility for about a year. Dr. Winslow found it in the first month. My husband actually has low sperm morphology. Therefore, Dr. Winslow suggested three to four rounds of medicated (Letrozole) IUI. In our first round, I produced one egg, but the IUI was unsuccessful. Therefore, Dr. Winslow increased the dosage of the Letrozole. I'm in the midst of my second IUI cycle, but have produced two eggs this time. In both rounds, I received a trigger shot as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Linda Fricke)
Linda is amazing! She makes you feel so comfortable and welcome. She is very compassionate. She is eager to answer questions, and she tries to make information easy to understand. She remembers you as a patient and the smallest details you tell her.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We use the Tallahassee office because it is closest to us. It is easy to get to, has its own parking lot, and is small (which we like). The waiting room and the exam rooms are very nice and clean, but still cozy and welcoming. The receptionist is awesome! She is kind, organized, and thorough. She has filled out several grant requests for us and did it quickly and efficiently. We love the staff at this office! The only downfall to the office is that it's so small, you can hear everything in the office.
For a medicated IUI with a trigger shot, I believe the cost was close to $1,000. However, we were offered 20% off on our first round of IUI because it was canceled due to COVID-19. We received an IVF estimate from the clinic. They estimated $13,000 to the facility and high-balled the medicine estimate to be $5,000.
FIRM Tallahassee

We had a great experience with Dr. Winslow. Both my husband and I trusted him and felt that he took the right amount of time with us as patients. He never brushed us off, he took our questions & concerns seriously and he was very kind. I always felt that he truly cared for me as a patient...Through the process, I always felt that he was giving us the very best advice
This clinic is amazing at making you feel at ease. The nurses and staff are fun, kind and compassionate—everything they should be. But more importantly, the doctors are all at the top of their game. I felt like this clinic was committed to giving me the very best care. If you're at the FIRM, it's because you want a baby...Entire process for first round of embryo creation, freezing and transfer, about $18k total...I always felt that this was the team that would get us there.
If your meeting with him is only a few minutes long or the clinic takes a couple days to get back to you, don't take it personally. Dr. Winslow is at the top of his game and while they have A LOT of patients—he truly cares for you as an individual. I have several friends who have successfully had babies after severe infertility issues. He is absolutely the best. You may only get a few minutes, but Dr. Winslow cares.
Dr. Winslow was amazing! He treated us with warmth and compassion. Infertility is full of uncertainties. There aren't any guarantees. Through the process, I always felt that he was giving us the very best advice—he is definitely an expert in his field. My old OBGYN used to minimize my concerns, brush me off and tell me to relax. In four years of seeing her, she never recommended the proper diagnostic treatments. Dr. Winslow was the polar opposite. While appointments aren't lengthy, I felt like our time with him was valuable. He listened, answered questions, took us seriously and got right to the bottom of our issues fast. I trusted that his plan was the right one for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: April)
April was our primary IVF nurse at the Tallahassee office. She was always positive and a joy to be around. She took the time to explain everything to us clearly, but she also treated us like humans. The whole staff at the FIRM is truly awesome—they're encouraging and compassionate. If there's any issue or oversight, they are quick to correct it and get you what you need. 100% dependable.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is amazing at making you feel at ease. The nurses and staff are fun, kind and compassionate—everything they should be. But more importantly, the doctors are all at the top of their game. I felt like this clinic was committed to giving me the very best care. If you're at the FIRM, it's because you want a baby. I always felt that this was the team that would get us there.
Entire IVF egg retrieval + ICSI + freezing + first transfer = about $12k. Plus genetic testing = about $3k. Plus medications = about $4.5k. Entire process for first round of embryo creation, freezing and transfer, about $18k total.
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Duffy has been so kind and explains every step along the way. During my procedure I felt no pain and he was very attentive...I drive 1 hr for weekly appointments with no insurance coverage for fertility but because the reputation of this practice is worth the commute.
I’m very happy with my experience at the Firm [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]!...Sometimes you have to wait in the exam room for a little while but it’s worth the wait, when it’s your turn you are the sole focus...I highly recommend this practice
I was told my friends how uncomfortable/painful the HSG would be but when Dr. Duffy did the procedure he was very attentive on how I was feeling and what I was experiencing, the catheter placement was completely painless & he talked to though every step, he showed me the images and made sure I had no pain the entire time. During our weekly ultrasounds he is very attentive and communicates everything he sees and all his concerns and any potential risks that may arise in my treatment plan. I feel very comfortable asking questions and I know I will get an answer I understand. His bedside manner is superb! I’m very happy with my experience at the Firm!
Don’t wait schedule your appointment but save, it’s expensive. I did not realize how often I would be in the office and I love it because I feel like every week I get to be updated and informed on the process but those weekly visits add up and it gets expensive quick. But the experience is worth it! I have only positive experiences so far! We waited 2 months to make our first appointment because we were nervous and didn’t know what to expect, I regret waiting! This has been great so far!
Dr. Duffy has been so kind and explains every step along the way. During my procedure I felt no pain and he was very attentive. I am in the beginning part of my journey we started 4 months ago and it took 3 rounds of clomid to get me to respond, unfortunately we haven’t been pregnant yet but it takes time. I am on day 3 of my next cycle which will result in IUI. Dr. Duffy has been light hearted, he makes me very comfortable, and has a very positive outlook and he is confident I will be successful. It feels great knowing he is hoping for success just as much as my own family. I work in the hospital he operates out of, ironically I do ultrasounds for a living, I have coworkers who have been in the OR with him & shared how sweet he was to other patients as well. Knowing his reputation on a staff member level and a patient level is all the more comforting & he was highly recommended by my peers! I feel lucky to be a patient of the FIRM, I drive 1 hr for weekly appointments with no insurance coverage for fertility but because the reputation of this practice is worth the commute. Anyone in the Jacksonville area needing a fertility specialist I recommend Dr. Duffy at the firm! He spends time talking to you every week on what is going on with your cycle and what is the next step. He is happy to answer questions and never makes you feel like he has to rush to other patients or things to attend to, when he is in your room you are the only patient.
I had bloodwork which included hormone levels, metabolic panels, vitamin levels, standard genetic testing and specific genetic testing because I was born with a birth defect, . My husband had a semen analysis and genetic testing/labs. I had an HSG. My labs showed I am not a carrier for any major genetic abnormalities, my vitamin D level was very low & confirmed I do have PCOS. My HSG showed my tubs were open and not blocked. My husband’s labs came back normal and so did his semen analysis. My weekly ultrasounds showed my follicles we’re not matured until about the 3/4th round of clomid then I had two mature follicles and was given a trigger shot to ovulate. Unfortunately timed intercourse was unsuccessful.
There is limited nursing staff because the physicians are very hands on! The staff checks you in and out and checks vitals, they also chaperone any procedure, everyone in the office is professional, positive and kind!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Sometimes you have to wait in the exam room for a little while but it’s worth the wait, when it’s your turn you are the sole focus! Everyone is so kind and informative l, I highly recommend this practice, we have been to 3 different locations and all other then have been great!
It’s expensive but realistic, all their prices are available on their website. An ultrasound costs $125, that’s fairly cheap, the same ultrasound in a outpatient setting is around $1000+. The worst part is that many health insurances do not cover infertility, like my insurance. Unfortunately it’s all out of pocket expenses.
I have many tiny follicles and Dr. Duffy is concerned about high order multiples, he would like me to consider IVF so he can control the amount of embryos. He shared that I can choose one embryo transfer or two. Anything else is unethical and not worth the risk of high order multiples.
2017 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. von Goeben] made sure both me and my husband understood everything and would always answer all our questions. She gave us facts and statistics, and allowed us to make our own informed decisions. I was able to advocate for myself if there was something I disagreed with, and always felt in charge and in the know with my treatment and protocols...Doctor VonGoben is an advocate for single embryo transfers. During our first transfer, we elected to put both our embryos in...For our second and third transfer, we went with a single embryo like she recommended...
All the [FIRM] nurses, no matter what location I went to were always so kind and helpful...The only issue I had with this clinic was the billing department. We got upfront cost ahead of time and paid the bills before services were rendered and I feel that was wrong. They also switched billing in the middle of our cycles and there were lots of discrepancies and errors we are still trying to deal with.
From our first appointment and beginning steps, Doctor VonGoeben was kind and compassionate. She made sure both me and my husband understood everything and would always answer all our questions. She gave us facts and statistics, and allowed us to make our own informed decisions. I was able to advocate for myself if there was something I disagreed with, and always felt in charge and in the know with my treatment and protocols. We started with an IUI and moved to IVF. We have gone back for another transfer and plan to go back again when the time is right for another.
Trust her. Ask your questions, she will never make you feel stupid for asking something or wanting to fully understand more.
Doctor VG was always so kind and friendly at all our appointments. She remembered details about my life and family and always made me feel safe.
We started in 2017 with all the fertility diagnostic testing. We then had a Clomid cycle and IUI which did not result in a pregnancy. We decided to wait a while before going back and moving forward with IVF. In 2018, we had our first egg retrieval and created 6 embryos, after PGS testing we had 2 normal embryos. We transferred both, and did not get pregnant. We immediately did another egg retrieval but added the drug Omnitrope to our protocol, this resulted in 11 embryos. After PGS testing, we had 3 healthy embryos, and 1 that needs retesting. We did a frozen embryo transfer in March of 2019 that gave us our daughter. We did another frozen embryo transfer in January of 2021 and are currently pregnant with our son.
All the nurses, no matter what location I went to were always so kind and helpful. I always felt like a friend and welcomed when I came to the clinic.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We had partial coverage with insurance but we typically paid between $6,000-$10,000 (including medications) per egg retrieval
Doctor VonGoben is an advocate for single embryo transfers. During our first transfer, we elected to put both our embryos in, and unfortunately we did not get pregnant. For our second and third transfer, we went with a single embryo like she recommended and got pregnant both times.
Jacksonville

It’s great how this clinic [FL Institute for Reproductive Med-Jacksonville] allows you to have a primary doctor. It is comforting to 9 times out of 10 always see the same doctor and build a patient/doctor relationship with them. It really helps heighten your level of comfort in such uncomfortable times.... All of the nurses and medical assistants have been so helpful. One in particular has made herself readily available via text or phone for us through this entire process which has helped with all of our numerous questions at all times of the day. They really want you to succeed as much as you want to.
We came to Dr. Duffy after 3 attempts at another clinic. We had already been through 4 untested embryos, resulting in a chemical and a missed miscarriage. Dr. Duffy recommended PGS screening and the ERA for us immediately. We ended up miscarrying at 8 weeks with our one normal embryo from that cycle and although we are sad, we also are moving forward because Dr. Duffy has gotten us further than any other doctor. We trust him and know he will work his hardest to get us the baby we have been waiting for.
Sometimes dr. Duffy can run behind for appointments but it’s only because he spends as much time as needed with each patient.
Dr. Duffy has been very caring and supportive through the entire process.
We used birth control followed by gonal f and menopur with our stims cycle. Dr. Duffy had us add in human growth hormone to help with egg quality.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s great how this clinic allows you to have a primary doctor. It is comforting to 9 times out of 10 always see the same doctor and build a patient/doctor relationship with them. It really helps heighten your level of comfort in such uncomfortable times.
Since we have been with dr. Duffy, our insurance coverage has kicked in and has substantially helped with costs.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Von Goeben (having gone through infertity treatments herself), is very warm and welcoming. She is compassionate, in one of the hardest industries. She has been very patient and thorough with my husband and I which has helped us a lot....I’ve been treated for unexplained infertility since late 2017. I began with the normal testing, including testing for my husband. We then went into clomid and clomid plus trigger shot plus IUIs. I ended up needing surgery to remove some cysts that were not resolving on their own. We are now moving into IVF.
Strengthens- Relatively easy to get an appointment, including weekends and same day. Having multiple locations [Florida Institute for Repro Med] is very nice. Weaknesses- The administrative staff is not the best (particularly their billing staff). With infertify, some tests are very time sensitive and once my account was put on hold, because the staff collected the wrong amount.... IUI Cycles-$500-$600 a cycle. Clomid was covered under my insurance at the local pharmacy. IVF- early stages so unsure of the exact costs.
Trust her and follow her lead. She knows what she is doing and it’s a process that may take longer than you want.
As a provider, Dr. Von Goerban truly cares about me as a patient. When I come back into the office after a failed cycle, I’ve been greeted with a warm smile and a hug, which has helped ease how hard this process has been. She’s been through it herself so she has first hand knowledge.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengthens- Relatively easy to get an appointment, including weekends and same day. Having multiple locations is very nice. Weaknesses- The administrative staff is not the best (particularly their billing staff). With infertify, some tests are very time sensitive and once my account was put on hold, because the staff collected the wrong amount.
IUI Cycles-$500-$600 a cycle. Clomid was covered under my insurance at the local pharmacy. IVF- early stages so unsure of the exact costs. Early indication suggest $7-$8k a round plus medications. Our insurance will not cover it nor the medications.

2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Winslow was extremely professional and you could tell he had been doing this for a while. He treated my husband and I with kindness but provided a realistic picture of what to expect. He doesn't "sugar coat" things.... I was on a higher dose of menupur and gonal f (dont remember the exact dosage) due to my low smh. Dr. Winslow encouraged us to do PGS testing which I think contributed greatly to our first transfer success.
Billing is a weakness as they [Fl Inst for Repro Med] take time to respond. It has improved since I began with the office in 2016. The organization of the clinic is a strength. It's like a well oiled machine. The appointment times made it easy for my husband and I who lived 2,hours away.... They never called me with uterine fibroid biopsy results. The information was provided as soon as I called.
I had a wonderful experience as a patient of Dr. Winslow's. I didn't want someone to baby me, just wanted someone to get me a baby and he did just that. He was realistic and encouraging. He explained things in a way my husband and I could understand.
Ask questions and listen. He knows what he is doing and wants you to succeed.
I was on a higher dose of menupur and gonal f (dont remember the exact dosage) due to my low smh. Dr. Winslow encouraged us to do PGS testing which I think contributed greatly to our first transfer success. With a amh of .77, I had 14 eggs retrieved, 9 fertilized, 7 made it to blast, and 3 were PGS normal. We were successful with our first frozen transfer.
All the nurses were wonderful. Patty is everything a nurse shoud be. She's kind, easy to talk to, patient, and understanding.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Billing is a weakness as they take time to respond. It has improved since I began with the office in 2016. The organization of the clinic is a strength. It's like a well oiled machine. The appointment times made it easy for my husband and I who lived 2,hours away.
Our cycle with PGS testing was around $11,500. Our frozen transfer was $3000.
With PGS testing, Dr. Winslow was very encouraging to only transfer one embryo.
Jacksonville

[Dr. Kari Sproul von Goeben] speaks pretty fast but is willing to explain i details any questions we had. She was warm and compassionate to our situation. Since I have diminished ovarian reserve, she gave me percentage about using my own eggs, known donor or unknown donor. Our chances were higher with a donor egg.... The protocol was to be on endometrim, pio shots, and estrogen pills before and after embryo transfer.
The strength is that they [Florida Institute for Repro Med] are on top of their game as far as getting you in and seeing the doctor. The front desk people and staff nurse/techs were amazing at their job. I always got a call back in a timely manner.... Amy my nurse was phenomenal. She went above and beyond and answer my questions and concerns. She emailed me in a timely manner as picking up the phone is hard to communicate while I am at work.
She speaks pretty fast but is willing to explain i details any questions we had. She was warm and compassionate to our situation. Since I have diminished ovarian reserve, she gave me percentage about using my own eggs, known donor or unknown donor. Our chances were higher with a donor egg.
Be active participant with your appointments. Ask questions and write down answers as it’s hard to process all information and retain it. Be in your own time line.
She explained the process well and expectations on using egg donors. During consultations and appointments she’s addressed all our concerns.
The protocol was to be on endometrim, pio shots, and estrogen pills before and after embryo transfer. It took 8 days to get a positive result and wouldn’t trade it all for anything. I stopped treatments at 12 weeks and was supported by firm and dr van goeben until the very last day. Overall great experience.
Amy my nurse was phenomenal. She went above and beyond and answer my questions and concerns. She emailed me in a timely manner as picking up the phone is hard to communicate while I am at work. We spoke on the phone when we needed to but mainly emailed which helps me remember details of our conversations. Amazing work.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The strength is that they are on top of their game as far as getting you in and seeing the doctor. The front desk people and staff nurse/techs were amazing at their job. I always got a call back in a timely manner.
In the beginning I was being quoted more than I was prompted to. But with a simple phone call, we were able to settle the price well. Since they had recently moved to a different billing place, I do have a balance with them I’m still disputing.
We weren’t given the option but I would still stick with single set. There’s always a chance of splitting and I’d rather have the chance of knowing 1 embryo was placed.
Jacksonville

The entire staff at the Daytona Beach F.I.R.M. Office is wonderful! They are so soft spoken but have awesome personalities that just calm your nerves entirely! They can laugh with you and hand you a tissue as soon as you become overwhelmed.... The Daytona office is newer and smaller than their main office in downtown Jacksonville, so for any more extensive procedures we would go there, but that is absolutely fine with us knowing that we are still able to do it IUI’s close to home!
How was your experience with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Although we have only been with Dr. Freeman for just under a year, I can confidently say that we made the right choice when choosing him and the F.I.R.M.! He has been so incredibly honest and thorough in our appointments, our consultation lasted well over an hour and he constantly reassured us that we could ask as many questions as we want and not to feel rushed. Leaving our consultation, I was sent home with extensive lab orders, some tests I had previously done with my OBGYN, but he wanted to retest those levels to have a full reading done, which I appreciate that he wanted to “see what he was working with” instead of taking previous results and using those! Following my bloodwork, we had a reconsideration that also lasted nearly an hour. This was when he diagnosed me with PCOS and explained that I was no longer immune to varicella. Due to this, we had to rework our timeline, but he constantly reassured us that we would have a baby at the end of this! It’s natural for any couple battling infertility to breakdown from time to time, and he makes me feel so comfortable even when I’m crying! As nervous as I am to go through treatment (I have a very low pain tolerance), he has reassured us that he will be there for us and if he is at another one of their offices, we are absolutely able to go to that office if we would like. He easily relates things back to layman’s terms and doesn’t leave us feeling like we need to google anything! A great example was during our consultation, I questioned the catheter used for and IUI and he said, “next time you see spaghetti, take a good look, it’s about that size!” We’ve been through 5 IUIs (4 failures and currently in the TWW of our 5th), and with each and everyone, Dr. Freeman continues to be so optimistic. He always greets us with “Who is ready to get pregnant today!?” This May sound like such a small thing, but to us, it’s so much more than that. And with all of our failures, he has been right there to pick up the pieces and explain how we will move forward. He has even gone out of his way to call me personally after I’ve had scans with different REs in the practice (due to weekend rotation scheduling), he always wants to make sure we are comfortable and know that he is right there with us, even if he isn’t on call that weekend! All in all, we couldn’t have chosen a better doctor than Dr. Freeman and we are so happy to have him guiding us through this hard battle!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask absolutely any questions you can think of! He will always explain everything as simple as possible to make sure you fully understand. He wants to answer all possible questions to make you more comfortable!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
From our very first appointment, Dr. Freeman and the staff at the Daytona Beach F.I.R.M. Office gave us the hope of getting pregnant and being parents. Dr. Freeman and the staff have referred to my husband and I as “mom” and “dad” when having conversations and just those small, tiny words feel SO good to hear. Dr. Freeman started me on Metformin for my PCOS and once starting it, I missed my first cycle, but that didn’t mean the interactions with the office stopped. Susan, one of our incredible nurses, reached out to me to check on lab orders I was given and made me feel like they didn’t forget about me as “just a number”. Things like this have made me and my husband both feel like humans while being treated at the F.I.R.M.!
Describe the protocols Michael Freeman used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
During our consultation, Dr. Freeman discussed what he though his plan of action may be, pending lab results. Then, he said we would do letrozole and possibly a trigger shot (depending on lab results to see if Inovulate on my own) and then 4 or 5 IUI’s if need be before moving on. At the point of our consultation, I didn’t have an HSG done but due to no pain or symptoms, he said we could do 2 IUI’s and if they don’t take then we would do an HSG before continuing with IUI’s. Once my lab results came back, we went through each test, good and bad! He tested 21 levels, so it was quite an extensive appointment - which was great! From my labs, he diagnosed me with PCOS due to my insulin resistance and also found that I was not immune to varicella. He explained how both of these impact things and the plan of action. I was to receive both varicella vaccinations, I was to start of Metformin, and should go as low carb, sugar and dairy free as possible. I expressed that I had read some not so pleasant reviews on Metformin and he took about 10 minutes alone to explain how and why it works. The goal was to work my way up to 2,000mg a day of Extended Release MF but to start low and increase each week. I know this helped as I didn’t always have the negative side effects and even when I have had them, I stuck with it because I know he put me on it for a reason. Once I became immune to varicella, it was time to start our first IUI. After doing some debating, I decided I wanted to have my HSG prior to our first IUI because I didn’t want to hold onto the “what if”. That in itself was not comfortable at all, but I am so glad it’s behind me and that I have open tubes. We started our IUI just as he had explained, Letrozole and a trigger shot. I was incredibly nervous to give myself a shot, so for the first two IUIs it worked out that I was able to have our nurse, Crystal, do them. But by IUI number three, I had to suck it up and learn to do it myself. Dr. Freeman gave me a full lesson and made me so comfortable doing the shots on my own. This is just another example of how wonderful of a doctor he is!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan is the main nurse I speak with when I call or she calls me, but Crystal is who we have for almost all of our appointments. She is Dr. Freeman’s right hand girl!)
The entire staff at the Daytona Beach F.I.R.M. Office is wonderful! They are so soft spoken but have awesome personalities that just calm your nerves entirely! They can laugh with you and hand you a tissue as soon as you become overwhelmed. They are part of what makes this experience a little bit easier to manage our way through. They are also such great cheerleaders cycle after cycle!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Being that my husband and I live in Ormond Beach, FL (Volusia County), there aren't many clinics around. My OBGYN gave us the names of 3 offices and it was up to us to do our research. One of the recommendations was for a clinic with locations in Jacksonville and Orlando. We saw they were offering an IVF seminar in Orlando one Saturday last October, so we went and were disappointment by how cold the doctor and presentation felt. There were about 30 couples there, many of us newly diagnosed with infertility and speaking for ourselves, it was disappointing because we felt we were being pushed straight to IVF without looking at other options. So back to Google we went and we decided to take the first step of filling out the new patient application with the F.I.R.M. After using the F.I.R.M.’s Daytona Beach office for two SA’s (ordered by my OBGYN), we thought we should just inquire to see if IVF truly was our first step. To our surprise, I received a call just a few hours after filling out the paperwork and was told that everything through an IUI can be done in the Daytona office! What a relief!! We knew right then that we were already making the right decision. The Daytona office is newer and smaller than their main office in downtown Jacksonville, so for any more extensive procedures we would go there, but that is absolutely fine with us knowing that we are still able to do it IUI’s close to home!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
So far, we have paid a $25 copay for each appointment and $40 for each of our consultation and reconsideration. For our first IUI, we paid $110 for each ultrasound, but once I asked for them to be submitted through my insurance, we haven’t paid. We also pay $95 for each trigger shot. My HSG went fully covered and was done t a local imaging center as the Daytona office doesn’t have the necessary equipment, so we paid about $200 total for that. In totally, our insurance is billed for about $1200 for a three appointment IUI schedule, which we end up paying $75 of plus medications, bringing each IUI to just under $200. However, I know that my company will not offer any converse if we have to move on to IVF. Bloodwork, Metformin and the two varicella vaccinations I’ve received so far have all been done outside of the F.I.R.M. The total for these treatments has been $685.
Jacksonville

Dr Freeman is a straight shooter. He tells you like it is and isn’t going to sugar coat anything. Which for me, was refreshing and what I needed. I didn’t want false hope. He is very knowledgeable and will take the time to explain things to you in a way you will understand...We were not just another number with the same protocol as everyone else. Everything was individualized
I loved the clinic [FIRM], specifically their downtown location. I felt the office is well managed and well organized. I was always seen on time and the process was always smooth. The office manager, front office, and back office staff are all so friendly and easy to work with...We were not just another number with the same protocol as everyone else. Everything was individualized
My one piece of advise would be to do your research. Be knowledgeable about your own fertility and come with questions that he will answer for you so you are involved and understand the treatment plan.
I felt most like a human because they made me feel like an individual. Dr freeman knew me and my specific case and i never felt like just a number. My treatment plan was personalIzed to our diagnoses.
I don’t remember the specific protocols used but I do know they were specific to me and my husbands situation. We were not just another number with the same protocol as everyone else. Everything was individualized
The nursing staff was great. Very friendly and compassionate. They understand this is an office that people don’t want to have to visit and are empathetic to that.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I loved the clinic, specifically their downtown location. I felt the office is well managed and well organized. I was always seen on time and the process was always smooth. The office manager, front office, and back office staff are all so friendly and easy to work with.
I remember each IUI round cost about 800 dollars including the procedure, medications and ultrasounds.
Describe Michael Freeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I was sufficiently educated on single embryo vs multiple embryo transfer. I don’t know my physicians take on single vs multiple for all of his patients but I know his take for me was that given my past medical history it was safest to do single transfer.
Jacksonville

I felt like he [Dr. Kevin Winslow] treated me like a human. He was so matter of fact and no beating around the bush on what he wanted to do and what we were going to try. He seemed optimistic but didn’t over exaggerate chances for complications. His staff was so amazing they were all so upbeat and cheerful...When you walk In their doors though, you just feel so relaxed it gives you confidence in him and his team...
Nice new clean clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. I am very picky when it comes to doctors offices that are dusty and dirty. This office is immaculate lay clean and well taken care of. Their bathrooms are clean and sanitized...The girl [nurse at FIRM] who drew my blood and was in the room when I had dye injected in my tubes was so awesome she explained everything I was going to feel and even held my hand when my hubby couldn’t be in the room with me during the test
I felt like he treated me like a human. He was so matter of fact and no beating around the bush on what he wanted to do and what we were going to try. He seemed optimistic but didn’t over exaggerate chances for complications. His staff was so amazing they were all so upbeat and cheerful. And trust me when you have been trying for a baby for 7 years with no luck, another doctors office is NEVER something you enjoy going to. When you walk In their doors though, you just feel so relaxed it gives you confidence in him and his team.... I only was able to try 1 injections therapy before we were unable to continue to pay out of pocket....
Go. Go to him. If you have questions don’t be afraid to ask because he’ll be one of the most straight up physicians you’ll ever meet. And he’ll answer all the questions that have burned over and o er into your brain.
I felt like he treated me like a human. He was so matter of fact and no beating around the bush on what he wanted to do and what we were going to try. I just ran out of the funds to continue to try. :(
Letrozole and metformin. I had dye injected through my tubes, laparoscopy surgery to clean tubes I don’t remember the injection he gave me
The girl who drew my blood and was in the room when I had dye injected in my tubes was so awesome she explained everything I was going to feel and even held my hand when my hubby couldn’t be in the room with me during the test
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Nice new clean clinic. I am very picky when it comes to doctors offices that are dusty and dirty. This office is immaculate lay clean and well taken care of. Their bathrooms are clean and sanitized so you don’t have to worry who sat there before you
Unfortunately most insurance companies do not cover infertility treatments and it was very expensive for us. So much so, that we were only able to go to him for 3 visits. Approximately 400$ per visit
Jacksonville

From the very beginning doctor Freeman was extremely personable. He reviewed our records and was very thorough. Although I wanted to start treatment right away he has made sure to cover every base to make sure that our IVF ground is successful... We were referred to dr. Freeman in June 2018 after my husband was diagnosed with cbavd. Dr. Freeman had my husband go through blood work, an MRI, and more blood work. He has done a exam on my husband as well.
From my very first tearful phone call to the clinic, they [Florida Inst for Repro Med] were compassionate and welcoming. We were able to get our first appointment fairly quickly and they have always worked with my schedule. I felt like after the first visit they actually do you know your name and will somewhat recognize you at Future visits.... my husband said that the semen analysis room was not okay. It is very clinical. It is not a comfortable room to provide a semen analysis in.
From the very beginning doctor Freeman was extremely personable. He reviewed our records and was very thorough. Although I wanted to start treatment right away he has made sure to cover every base to make sure that our IVF ground is successful. As frustrating as it is that we have to wait longer, I know he is attempting to get us in the best spot possible for a positive pregnancy. He is very thorough! We have never had to wait long in the waiting room.
Be yourself! And ask lots of questions. He has never seemed so annoyed or irritated at my many questions. You can also handle my husband's sarcastic sense of humor. I think he allowed my husband to feel at ease during the appointments. He wasn't an uptight dr.
He understands our sarcastic personality and is very friendly. We actually laughed during very tense doctor's appointments when I usually feel like crying!
We were referred to dr. Freeman in June 2018 after my husband was diagnosed with cbavd. Dr. Freeman had my husband go through blood work, an MRI, and more blood work. He has done a exam on my husband as well. He prescribed my husband Clomid and dostinex. We saw my husband's numbers rise considerably within the past month on the medication. Starting next month I will start birth control to begin the IVF process
We are still very early on in the process so have a meet dealt with nurses for blood work and consultation. There are times when it seems like we always have to leave a message but the nurses do eventually call back. During blood work they have been very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
From my very first tearful phone call to the clinic, they were compassionate and welcoming. We were able to get our first appointment fairly quickly and they have always worked with my schedule. I felt like after the first visit they actually do you know your name and will somewhat recognize you at Future visits. Doctor Freeman has been optimistic when I have not been. He is very candid, and just a great doctor. We are still early on in our process but I feel that he will be the support that is needed for my husband and me. My husband is not crazy about doctors but has stated that he really likes him. That was really important to me. Dr. Freeman talks in our language and never tries to go way above our heads with medical information, just what we need to know. I would like an email for the nurses as it seems that we always have to leave voicemails. Also my husband said that the semen analysis room was not okay. It is very clinical. It is not a comfortable room to provide a semen analysis in.
The IVF roind was going to be around 16,000. However, our insurance I will now provide coverage. I was quoted around $3,500 for our first cycle including what our insurance will cover. My husband's sperm extraction will be $2,000. Doctor visits are usually around $100 or more.
Jacksonville
Dr. Winslow is very professional, yet personable. He is understanding and willing to spend time with you to have you leave feeling fully content. He had a flexible schedule and truly wants to fulfill your specific wants/needs. I have dealt with two miscarriages while under the care of Dr. Winslow, and he couldn’t have dealt with such tough conversations better.
A huge strength is the flexibility of their schedule and office hours. I work 13 hour shifts which makes most appointment scheduling hectic. But, not with FIRM. They catered to every schedule need. I was also able to speak to my nurse directly any time of the day. ... They are upfront with their costs. So much so, that their cost sheet is posted on their website. Never any surprises. And occasionally a thrown in freebie!
Ask questions! He is fully willing to sit with you and answer anything. No matter how small.
Each appointment was very personalized.
Two cycles of femara with trigger shot. First one, I got a BFP and miscarried just before six weeks. Second cycle, I got a BFP and miscarried just prior to 11 weeks. I was on progesterone suppositories and estradiol patches the second time around to prevent miscarriage due to lining issues. Turned out the embryo had a genetic problem that was diagnosed after genetic testing with my D&C.
The nursing staff was so warm and welcoming. They truly treated me like a friend of theirs. They knew me each time I came in. They celebrated the highs and grieved with me the lows. They are all absolutely wonderful people.
Jacksonville

Dr. Freeman is very warm and patient. He is willing to answer questions and try new things if you ask. He understands and has looked into the most recent studies and knows what is new, does not only go by the old ways of doing things. He will take his time with the appointment...decided to try a cervical dilatation on me before transfer. My other clinics had never done this or mentioned it. After several very difficult iuis, transfers, mock transfers etc I was shocked that this was even an option to try. I still have not had my transfer so not sure if it will help but it was something that was a definite good idea when my last transfer took 3 hours with another clinic.
I did a donor embryo cycle [with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. It was around $5200 for everything including transfer. I believe the regular cycles are about $8200 not including medicine...The only negative is that billing can be really hard to get ahold of. There were a few times I called and never received a call back from billing, even days later. As far as strengths, they are usually on time. Nurses are nice. Clinic is clean.
Ask questions and make sure you know what your plan is.
He is very caring, warm, and patient. He is always willing to explain and answer questions and does not rush through the appointment.
Dr. Freeman decided to try a cervical dilatation on me before transfer. My other clinics had never done this or mentioned it. After several very difficult iuis, transfers, mock transfers etc I was shocked that this was even an option to try. I still have not had my transfer so not sure if it will help but it was something that was a definite good idea when my last transfer took 3 hours with another clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma)
My nurse is Emma. She is very warm and caring. She definitely shows compassion when tough things happen. Instead of acting cold she acts like she understands and feels what I am going through. She emails or calls back fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I did a donor embryo cycle. It was around $5200 for everything including transfer. I believe the regular cycles are about $8200 not including medicine.
I am on my 3rd transfer and he is willing to let me try 2 embryos since 1 has not worked.
Jacksonville

Dr. Duffy is an extremely educated RE who is also extremely compassionate and warm. As a more sensitive individual, I needed a RE with a warmer bedside manner and I believe I've found that with Dr. Duffy. I always feel as though he has enough time to answer any and all of my questions and I never feel rushed. He is always very positive about the course of treatment, which I appreciate.
Everyone I've met thus far [at FL Institute for Repro Med- Jax] has been very warm and compassionate. The nurses are quick to respond if you call and are very helpful. The only minor issue I've had is in contacting the billing department. At times, it can take several days for them to contact you back. Otherwise, I've had no negative experiences with this clinic... IUI ~ $700 IVF ~ $9000 - $25000 We are choosing to do the 3 cycle IVF package at $18,000 and PGS testing at around $4000.
Be sure to prepare your questions in advanced. While he does a decent job educating you about the course of treatment you will likely have other questions that he won't address unless you bring them up.
Dr. Duffy has been able to keep things as personal as possible and has maintained a warm bedside manner.
I'm still under treatment but Dr. Duffy reviewed my records from my OB and determined I had unexplained infertility. My husband already had a SA so he sent me for more Bloodwork. Afterwords he wanted to do an IUI (I had two previously with my OB). My husband and I felt like another was a waste of time so we asked to go straight to IVF and Dr. Duffy agreed. We are about to start medication for IVF and hoping all goes well!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I've met thus far has been very warm and compassionate. The nurses are quick to respond if you call and are very helpful. The only minor issue I've had is in contacting the billing department. At times, it can take several days for them to contact you back. Otherwise, I've had no negative experiences with this clinic.
Jacksonville

Dr. Kevin Winslow was very knowledgeable about the dreaded fertility experience and treatment options. He also was really straight forward and never sugar coated anything but also showed compassion to you and your situation. He was clear on the treatment and gave you good insight on what to expect. I felt very comfortable but sometimes would get overwhelmed and feel like I couldn’t and didn’t know what questions to ask!
The FIRM has several different locations to accommodate your location. The only issue is that Jacksonville is the only place for the fertility treatments. The Tallahassee location is super nice and very clean! The Jacksonville downtown was in a hospital setting but was still nice but a little older! The FIRM has many strengths but I think the most important for my experience is they all make you feel super comfortable and also are very hopeful for you and your process.
That he is amazing at what he does and how he does it but to go in with a list of questions and thoughts and ask before you leave!
From the front desk to the back.. everyone made you feel comfortable and that they really cared about your struggles. Dr. Winslow also ask personal questions and usually remembers all the details about your life!
Dr. Winslow recommended as our first treatment using fertility medication along with IUI. We used clomid and then had IUI done. We did not get pregnant that month. After the failed IUI, Dr. winslow recommended doing another round of IUI with clomid. We used the clomid but didn’t do the IUI that month. We didn’t get pregnant that next month with timed intercourse. He also said that if male factor was present that we would need to do IVF or if 3 rounds of IUI didn’t work then IVF would be the best treatment.
They are amazing! They also made me feel so comfortable. They also made me feel like my questions were never not heard or dumb! They make the experience so much better and every appointment seem like it matters!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The initial consult with Dr. Winslow was 100. That appointment we just sat down and talked about our issues and what we had already done. He also gave us the treatment options and suggestions at the consult. The ultrasounds were 125 dollars each time. The analysis was roughly 85. The trigger shot was roughly 120. The IUI procedure was 390.
None yet.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
The only thing that I had go wrong was the results of an analysis we had done. I was told it would take a week or so for the results to get back but it took longer and then had to call them to get the results. I felt like they weren’t important and having to call them to figure it out made it frustrating.
Jacksonville

Dr. Duffy is very knowledgeable, kind and curious. He's a bit hyper and can delivery news (sometimes bad news!) in a way that feels lacking in care but it's not. Sometime's he talks a bit fast and can run through the course of action quick and he'll need to repeat again. Just ask him to... We are doing a pretty straight forward medicated IUI cycle which I'm in the middle of. We did however put the cycle on hold to get rid of an ovarian cyst that was found during a visit last month. Two weeks of BC did the job and the IUI is on track to happen soon.
Everyone I have talked with at FIRM (nurses, staff, Drs etc) have been helpful and knowledgeable. The location of our clinic is about 3 hours away from the MAIN location so you will have to travel for some procedures (IVF, certain IUIs etc). Sometimes it can take a while to be seen so plan accordingly. It took over an hour on a few visits but sometimes I get seen right away... Dr. Duffy (and perhaps all the doctors at FIRM) are more aggressive and more willing to try new treatments/tests than our previous clinic. This is something we need right now
Dr. Duffy was the first Dr. to diagnose my husband with severe male factor infertility. At the time this was a lot to take in and very emotional. I felt he was too blunt (he isn't really) and I wanted a second opinion. We ended up doing IVF at another clinic. Through the years of this journey I've grown a thicker skin and learned blunt is good. We are now back at FIRM and back with Dr. Duffy set up to try IUI using donor (a known to us donor) sperm. After being at 2 clinics I've realized Dr. Duffy (and perhaps all the doctors at FIRM) are more aggressive and more willing to try new treatments/tests than our previous clinic. This is something we need right now... aggression. Dr. Duffy is also very curious and excitable and truly wants to get to the bottom of the problems.
Dr. Duffy remembered after we returned to FIRM after 1.5 years of treatment at another clinic. He is very through and wants to get to the bottom of the issue and you can tell!
We are about to do our first IUI at FIRM with Dr. Duffy. We are doing a pretty straight forward medicated IUI cycle which I'm in the middle of. We did however put the cycle on hold to get rid of an ovarian cyst that was found during a visit last month. Two weeks of BC did the job and the IUI is on track to happen soon.
The nursing staff at FIRM is much larger than my previous clinic. This makes it a little harder to develop relationships with them but they are all kind and do what they can to help as far as I can tell.
Jacksonville

I really wanted to do a fresh transfer, especially since we live on the opposite side of the country from the FIRM in Jacksonville, but she [Dr. Sproul von Goeben] felt like we were going to be happier long term if we went for a larger wuantity of embryos and a frozen transfer. I’m glad I trusted her and followed through with that treatment plan ... She definitely had a plan at each appointment, she was kind, and she remembered little things about my son who joined me at a few appointments
I’ve heard nothing but positive things about the Florida Institute For Repeoductive Medicine, and although I’m still in the middle of my treatment, I would have to agree it’s everyone else. I haven’t run into anything yet that would cause me to believe otherwise. ... She [nurse] has been incredible! She makes me feel so welcome and like she actually cares about me. She’s done everything she can to make this experience go as smooth as it can.
She was amazing. She made me feel comfortable at each appointment, and she laid everything out in an easy to understand way. She definitely had a plan at each appointment, she was kind, and she remembered little things about my son who joined me at a few appointments. She really knows her stuff, and I trust her advice and recommendations completely!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, and speak up if you have concerns!
She spent plenty of time with me at each appointment and fully answered all of my questions.
I really wanted to do a fresh transfer, especially since we live on the opposite side of the country from the FIRM in Jacksonville, but she felt like we were going to be happier long term if we went for a larger wuantity of embryos and a frozen transfer. I’m glad I trusted her and followed through with that treatment plan, although she did offer to back off the medications and allow us to go for a fresh transfer with less embryos. I used Gonal F (225 units for 13 days) and Menopur (1 vial-75 units for 13 days), along with cetrotide (7 days) and 2 Lupron triggers. The medications were easy to inject, and I ended up with zero side effects. I had 16 mature eggs at my retrieval, and 12 day 2 embryos. I’ll find out the final embryo count in 2 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Catherine)
She has been incredible! She makes me feel so welcome and like she actually cares about me. She’s done everything she can to make this experience go as smooth as it can.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
$8,200 for a single IVF cycle (10% military discount included), which included anesthesia, ICSI, and cryo. My medications were about $2,800. My FET will be $3,000 plus the cost of medications (around $300, I believe).
We have not done our frozen transfer yet, but I will update once it’s done!