Daytona Beach
Tallahassee, FL 32224
850-354-5011
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207

Doctor Winslow is very candid and to the point. Which is great if you want the facts. However, as we were dealing with secondary infertility we were made to feel like IVF was going to be successful for us. ... but when he called me with the news that none of our embryos made it past day 5 he told us that our only hope going forward would be to use donor eggs or embryos. This news would have been better suited to a follow-up next steps consultation.
It is a very busy clinic [FL Ins Repro Med] and you do feel like a number. If you are someone that needs compassionate or delicate care then this might not be the right place for you. We did not have success with this clinic and we felt like we were left hanging after being told that we had no embryos to transfer. There was no follow up. Additionally about a week after getting this news I received a call from the genetic testing lab asking why FIRM had not sent anything to be tested.
How was your experience with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor Winslow is very candid and to the point. Which is great if you want the facts. However, as we were dealing with secondary infertility we were made to feel like IVF was going to be successful for us. I don't mind that Doctor Winslow is blunt, but when he called me with the news that none of our embryos made it past day 5 he told us that our only hope going forward would be to use donor eggs or embryos. This news would have been better suited to a follow-up next steps consultation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Know that statistically your first cycle will be unsuccessful!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
The office staff are great in general. However there were several instances where I had to chase information. Also when it came to delivering the news that none of our embryos made it past day 5 so we had nothing to transfer we were told over the phone and there was no follow up.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The nurses are very kind and compassionate however they are busy.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is a very busy clinic and you do feel like a number. If you are someone that needs compassionate or delicate care then this might not be the right place for you. We did not have success with this clinic and we felt like we were left hanging after being told that we had no embryos to transfer. There was no follow up. Additionally about a week after getting this news I received a call from the genetic testing lab asking why FIRM had not sent anything to be tested. I was still very hurt and upset at this point and had to call FIRM to make sure that they weren't sending anything and that we would not be charged for the genetic testing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
All of our testing was done at another clinic. For one cycle of IVF (only retrieval, no transfer) we paid around $12,000 and another $5500 for drugs.
Describe Kevin Winslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
If doing genetic testing then he would only transfer one embryo
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic sent prescriptions that could not be filled by my local pharmacy. I had to call both the pharmacy and the clinic several times to sort this out.
Kevin Winslow
Dr. Winslow is very professional, yet personable. He is understanding and willing to spend time with you to have you leave feeling fully content. He had a flexible schedule and truly wants to fulfill your specific wants/needs. I have dealt with two miscarriages while under the care of Dr. Winslow, and he couldn’t have dealt with such tough conversations better.
A huge strength is the flexibility of their schedule and office hours. I work 13 hour shifts which makes most appointment scheduling hectic. But, not with FIRM. They catered to every schedule need. I was also able to speak to my nurse directly any time of the day. ... They are upfront with their costs. So much so, that their cost sheet is posted on their website. Never any surprises. And occasionally a thrown in freebie!
Ask questions! He is fully willing to sit with you and answer anything. No matter how small.
Each appointment was very personalized.
Describe the protocols Kevin Winslow used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Two cycles of femara with trigger shot. First one, I got a BFP and miscarried just before six weeks. Second cycle, I got a BFP and miscarried just prior to 11 weeks. I was on progesterone suppositories and estradiol patches the second time around to prevent miscarriage due to lining issues. Turned out the embryo had a genetic problem that was diagnosed after genetic testing with my D&C.
The nursing staff was so warm and welcoming. They truly treated me like a friend of theirs. They knew me each time I came in. They celebrated the highs and grieved with me the lows. They are all absolutely wonderful people.
Jacksonville

I really wanted to do a fresh transfer, especially since we live on the opposite side of the country from the FIRM in Jacksonville, but she [Dr. Sproul von Goeben] felt like we were going to be happier long term if we went for a larger wuantity of embryos and a frozen transfer. I’m glad I trusted her and followed through with that treatment plan ... She definitely had a plan at each appointment, she was kind, and she remembered little things about my son who joined me at a few appointments
I’ve heard nothing but positive things about the Florida Institute For Repeoductive Medicine, and although I’m still in the middle of my treatment, I would have to agree it’s everyone else. I haven’t run into anything yet that would cause me to believe otherwise. ... She [nurse] has been incredible! She makes me feel so welcome and like she actually cares about me. She’s done everything she can to make this experience go as smooth as it can.
How was your experience with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
She was amazing. She made me feel comfortable at each appointment, and she laid everything out in an easy to understand way. She definitely had a plan at each appointment, she was kind, and she remembered little things about my son who joined me at a few appointments. She really knows her stuff, and I trust her advice and recommendations completely!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions, and speak up if you have concerns!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
She spent plenty of time with me at each appointment and fully answered all of my questions.
Describe the protocols Kari Sproul von Goeben used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I really wanted to do a fresh transfer, especially since we live on the opposite side of the country from the FIRM in Jacksonville, but she felt like we were going to be happier long term if we went for a larger wuantity of embryos and a frozen transfer. I’m glad I trusted her and followed through with that treatment plan, although she did offer to back off the medications and allow us to go for a fresh transfer with less embryos. I used Gonal F (225 units for 13 days) and Menopur (1 vial-75 units for 13 days), along with cetrotide (7 days) and 2 Lupron triggers. The medications were easy to inject, and I ended up with zero side effects. I had 16 mature eggs at my retrieval, and 12 day 2 embryos. I’ll find out the final embryo count in 2 days.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Catherine)
She has been incredible! She makes me feel so welcome and like she actually cares about me. She’s done everything she can to make this experience go as smooth as it can.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
$8,200 for a single IVF cycle (10% military discount included), which included anesthesia, ICSI, and cryo. My medications were about $2,800. My FET will be $3,000 plus the cost of medications (around $300, I believe).
Describe Kari Sproul von Goeben's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We have not done our frozen transfer yet, but I will update once it’s done!
Jacksonville

Dr. Duffy is very knowledgeable, kind and curious. He's a bit hyper and can delivery news (sometimes bad news!) in a way that feels lacking in care but it's not. Sometime's he talks a bit fast and can run through the course of action quick and he'll need to repeat again. Just ask him to... We are doing a pretty straight forward medicated IUI cycle which I'm in the middle of. We did however put the cycle on hold to get rid of an ovarian cyst that was found during a visit last month. Two weeks of BC did the job and the IUI is on track to happen soon.
Everyone I have talked with at FIRM (nurses, staff, Drs etc) have been helpful and knowledgeable. The location of our clinic is about 3 hours away from the MAIN location so you will have to travel for some procedures (IVF, certain IUIs etc). Sometimes it can take a while to be seen so plan accordingly. It took over an hour on a few visits but sometimes I get seen right away... Dr. Duffy (and perhaps all the doctors at FIRM) are more aggressive and more willing to try new treatments/tests than our previous clinic. This is something we need right now
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Duffy was the first Dr. to diagnose my husband with severe male factor infertility. At the time this was a lot to take in and very emotional. I felt he was too blunt (he isn't really) and I wanted a second opinion. We ended up doing IVF at another clinic. Through the years of this journey I've grown a thicker skin and learned blunt is good. We are now back at FIRM and back with Dr. Duffy set up to try IUI using donor (a known to us donor) sperm. After being at 2 clinics I've realized Dr. Duffy (and perhaps all the doctors at FIRM) are more aggressive and more willing to try new treatments/tests than our previous clinic. This is something we need right now... aggression. Dr. Duffy is also very curious and excitable and truly wants to get to the bottom of the problems.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Duffy remembered after we returned to FIRM after 1.5 years of treatment at another clinic. He is very through and wants to get to the bottom of the issue and you can tell!
Describe the protocols Daniel Duffy used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We are about to do our first IUI at FIRM with Dr. Duffy. We are doing a pretty straight forward medicated IUI cycle which I'm in the middle of. We did however put the cycle on hold to get rid of an ovarian cyst that was found during a visit last month. Two weeks of BC did the job and the IUI is on track to happen soon.
The nursing staff at FIRM is much larger than my previous clinic. This makes it a little harder to develop relationships with them but they are all kind and do what they can to help as far as I can tell.
Jacksonville

She [Dr. Sproul Von Goeben] is so warm & courteous. She knows who I am and our story before she enters the room. I never have to “fill her in” to continue my care. She is genuine & we feel like she is on our team! Rooting for us!...She looks at me as a whole and not just another person she is trying to get pregnant. She is thorough. Patient. Answers every question with honest answers, making sure you understand everything she’s said. She is empathetic. She genuinely is rooting for us and doing everything in her power to help us get AND STAY pregnant.
The offices [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] are comfortable enough considering you’re there for an uncomfortable reason. Always clean which is super important!...They are very flexible with scheduling and work to get you in quickly, including weekend appointments...Every time I call to speak with the nurses with a question they are always compassionate and helpful. They always promptly return my calls.
Dr. Von Goeben is such a blessing! We had seen two other providers prior to her and my care was subpar. One of whom even missing underlying conditions and denying testing even though I asked for it. Once I switched to Dr Von Goeben she immediately saw what I saw, Ordered the appropriate tests, explained that she felt like we needed to start at the beginning so that nothing is missed. So we did. She re-evaluated me as if I were a new patient. She looks at me as a whole and not just another person she is trying to get pregnant. She is thorough. Patient. Answers every question with honest answers, making sure you understand everything she’s said. She is empathetic. She genuinely is rooting for us and doing everything in her power to help us get AND STAY pregnant.
Be 100% honest with her. Trust her. Be willing to be patient and follow through with her directions. She really does know what she is talking about.
She is so warm & courteous. She knows who I am and our story before she enters the room. I never have to “fill her in” to continue my care. She is genuine & we feel like she is on our team! Rooting for us!
First thing we did was reevaluate my case. From sonohistograms to a TON of blood work. She also discovered I had an underlying condition that needed to be treated by an Endocrinologist so she referred me to an amazing one. She also referred me to an amazing OBGYN. Once all of the underlying “mess” was streightened out we did a round of birth control to keep my lining thin and allow a cyst to heal. Then a round of 100mg of Clomid for 6 days, followed by a trigger shot & an IUI. Which I am currently in the tww from. Because of my past treatment, she knew I would respond to the Clomid & She feels IUI will work for us since I did get pregnant (ended in loss) with my last IUI. She feels that my underlying undiagnosed Hashimoto’s with Hypothyroidism was the cause of my previous losses... I can’t share my results yet.... because I don’t have them! (Hellos two week wait.)
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The offices are comfortable enough considering you’re there for an uncomfortable reason. Always clean which is super important! At this clinic you are always seen my your Dr, even on the weekends you’ll see the on call Dr, never a nurse practitioner or nurse. They are very flexible with scheduling and work to get you in quickly, including weekend appointments.
All diagnostic things are covered by my insurance. And a detailed list of FIRM’s pricing for all services can be found on their website. I believe an IUI CYCLE is around $650 with meds or extra scans.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
With my first pregnancy my progesterone was dangerously low after my first beta & I was told progesterone suppositories were called into the pharmacy- so of course I went to get them as soon as I could & my pharmacy didn’t have it. I was able to call the on call Dr and get it called in and filled that night. Unfortunately that pregnancy ended in loss. Another issue was with a different provider at this clinic whom refused to order blood work to test my thyroid even though I had symptoms and specifically requested the test. Eventually he ordered the test and the results were abnormal and he didn’t call to let me know as he said he would. I learned about the abnormal result once quest posted the results on my app.... I called several times and the results were dismissed. This is what prompted me to switch to my current physician, Dr. Von Goeben and she immediately saw my results as a red flag.
Jacksonville

Dr. Winslow educated us on the positives and negatives of transferring 1 embryo vs 2, he ultimately left it up to us to decide... takes his time to explain most thing pretty detailed, sometimes it requires prompting with questions, but I've never felt like he did not care about me or what was happening to my body. He shows some emotion and isn't like a robot when delivering good or bad news. Dr. Winslow calls personally with an update of how fertilization and embryo growth is looking after an egg retrieval. You can tell that he cares.
I have only had to be put on hold one time [at FIRM] I believe because their phones were really busy. The girls up front at great & show compassion as well. The only complaint I have as far as the clinics weakness would be whenever I am waiting on my HCG blood test results, it is always the end of the day before I am called. I always ask my lab to send them over ASAP (as it states on the lab order) but I haven't been called prior to 3:00 pm with these results yet, and anyone who has ever waited around on these results knows how much anxiety it brings with it.
From the from consultation, I've always liked Dr. Winslow. When first beginning, we did IUI and encouraged us to do multiple rounds but when he saw how devastated we were, he did not hesitate to encourage us and say that we can move on and explain the next steps (IVF). When beginning IVF, Dr. Winslow was very thorough and helped us to fully understand the medications & how to do injections. He even offered to draw a bulls-eye on me to show my husband where to insert the needle. After the egg retrieval, Dr. Winslow called me himself to let me know how many eggs were fertilized. He then called me a couple of days later to let me know that none of the fertilized eggs made it to 5day blasts. One thing I did not like when he called me was that he left me a voice message and delivered this devastating news that way. I understand that his time is valuable and this may would have been his only opportunity to deliver this information, but it was rough listening to it on a voicemail message (it would have been rough hearing it live from him also though too). We went back to Dr. Winslow for a post-ivf consult, he met with my husband and I in his office. Not one time did I feel rushed or like anyone did not care. Dr. Winslow showed true concern and listened to us and helped us through it all. During our second round of ivf we received the same great care as before, luckily this time it ended with better news. Dr. Winslow was just as excited as we were to hear how many eggs were retrieved and how many embryos we ended up with. When getting ready for our transfer, Dr. Winslow advised us on how many embryos he would recommend transferring but ultimately left it up to us whether to do 1 or 2. After receiving a positive pregnancy test, we went in at 6 weeks for our first ultrasound. This showed one strong perfect heartbeat and Dr. Winslow seemed just as thrilled and excited as we were and congratulated us. We returned the next week to confirm everything was looking good, sadly the heartbeat had stopped. Dr. Winslow took his time to look and show us to make sure he was correct, he was. I could tell that he hated delivering this news to us nearly as much as we hated hearing it. I never once felt like he did not care for us as his patients. Dr. Winslow thoroughly explains everything on the ultrasound screen as well as the treatment plan ahead. Dr. Winslow does seem to take a bit longer than usual to insert the ultrasound wand, I assume he is just not wanting to just "jab" it in. We are not complete with our treatment, we still have embryos left to transfer and plan on gearing up for our next one here soon, but I do not regret using Dr. Winslow!
Write down questions prior to appointments so you don't forget what to ask, in case he does not cover everything. And record consults and important conversations with your phone.
Dr. Winslow takes his time to explain most thing pretty detailed, sometimes it requires prompting with questions, but I've never felt like he did not care about me or what was happening to my body. He shows some emotion and isn't like a robot when delivering good or bad news. Dr. Winslow calls personally with an update of how fertilization and embryo growth is looking after an egg retrieval. You can tell that he cares.
My first round of ivf for egg retrieval I began with 225 units or Gonal F & 2 vials of Menopur daily. On day 7 I began Cetrotide. On day 9, Dr. Winslow upped my Gonal F to 300 units and I stopped the Gonal F and Menopur on Day 10. I continued the Cetrotide through Day 12 and also did Lupron trigger shot in the PM of Day 12 & AM of Day 13 with the retrieval being on Day 14. This resulted in 6 eggs retrieved & 0 embryos. My second round of IVF for egg retrieval we started right out with 300 units of Gonal F & 2 vials of Menopur, we also added in 53 units of Human Growth Hormone. I began cetrotide on Day 7 again. This time, I continued the Gonal F, Menopur & HGH through day 12. on Day 13 PM and 14 AM I did the Lupron trigger shot with the retrieval being day 15. This resulted in 16 eggs retrieved & 10 embryos frozen. For my transfer, I began taking Endometrin about a week - 2 prior to transfer and I began Progesterone in oil every other day beginning the day before transfer. I continued 2 Endometrin inserted twice daily and Progesterone in oil every other day until we found out the heartbeat stopped (otherwise I would have continued it through week 12
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
Patty has been nothing but great to us! Patty shows genuine concern & compassion with whatever we are going through. when first getting ready to begin injections, Patty took her time to explain and demonstrate using the needles and syringes. She made sure we understood everything and assured that we could call after hours if we had any questions or concerns. Anytime i speak with Patty on the phone or pass her in the hallway at the office she takes time to ask me how I am doing, and I can tell she really cares & wants to know. I also feel like Patty always remembers my name and recognizes me (which I know can be hard when you see so many people every day). She is great!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Anytime I call, the phone is answered before the 2nd or third ring. I have only had to be put on hold one time I believe because their phones were really busy. The girls up front at great & show compassion as well. The only complaint I have as far as the clinics weakness would be whenever I am waiting on my HCG blood test results, it is always the end of the day before I am called. I always ask my lab to send them over ASAP (as it states on the lab order) but I haven't been called prior to 3:00 pm with these results yet, and anyone who has ever waited around on these results knows how much anxiety it brings with it. The clinic is open 7 days a week (though phones are off during the weekend, but you can be connected to a nurse if needed) so it is really nice to be able to make appointments on Saturday or Sunday if necessary. This clinic does not hesitate and always keeps the ball rolling!
I am 100% out of pocket, no insurance. All of their fees are listed on their website & are 100% accurate. We chose the single IVF cycle which has a fee of $6900 plus $800 for ICSI and $750 for cyropreservation. All medication, I bought separately through a pharmacy unless I needed some extra on a dy of a visit, then I was able to purchase a vial at the clinic.
Jacksonville

He [Dr. Freeman] genuinely cares about his patients...is always upfront and honest with my wife and I. He doesn’t allow room for false hope and we really like that. We are 100 percent self pay and try’s his best to not do anything that’s going to cause extra...When things unexpectedly happen he always answers our questions and doesn’t fill us with false hope. I feel comfortable with him during our scans and IUIs.
The nursing staff [at FIRM] is always will to take my call when I need it the most. If for some reason they can’t they always return my phone call. They care compassionate and caring. Even when I feel like I call too much or ask too many silly questions they never make me feel that way...the prices are reasonable compared to other clinics I’ve researched. They are very up front with their prices on their website. Our IUI is only 310. Trigger shot was 115 and ultra sound was 135. Also, our consultation initially was 100 but went down to 70 after the third one. I feel comfortable paying these prices and never feel cheated or taken advantage of.
How was your experience with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor freeman has and continues to be honest with us. When things unexpectedly happen he always answers our questions and doesn’t fill us with false hope. I feel comfortable with him during our scans and IUIs. I have recommended two of my friends there and they are currently patients of his.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I would let them know that he is honest and blunt. Doesn’t beat around the bush and in this journey that’s something that is needed. He doesn’t give you the feeling of just wanting to take your money and move into the next. He genuinely cares about his patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Doctor freeman is always upfront and honest with my wife and I. He doesn’t allow room for false hope and we really like that. We are 100 percent self pay and try’s his best to not do anything that’s going to cause extra. He makes us feel as though he really cares. His staff is also amazing because they never get tired of me calling and asking questions.
Describe the protocols Michael Freeman used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Our consultation was very informative. We asked me questions about my health and then scheduled blood work and an HSG right away. My first IUI was a natural cycle. My second cycle he decided to get me on letrozole due to the first IUI failure. He also monitored me closing and for this IUI he introduced a trigger shot. I didn’t respond as well as he hoped to the meds but we did the second IUI with a trigger shot. Unfortunately that was also a failure. My third IUI was a natural perfect cycle with a trigger but that was also a failure. We are currently taking a small 3 week break and starting back with letrozole for a fourth cycle. I am confident in the choices he has made. He always asks me what I think or how I feel about using the meds. He never assumes I’m ok with it. He’s gives us choices and what the possible out come could be of either choice.
The nursing staff is always will to take my call when I need it the most. If for some reason they can’t they always return my phone call. They care compassionate and caring. Even when I feel like I call too much or ask too many silly questions they never make me feel that way.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Since we are an lgbt couple we use donor sperm. I do wish I could do the IUI at the office that’s closest to me instead of driving two hours away for the IUI. I understand why they do it this way so it’s not something that turns me away. The two friends that I referred there don’t use donor sperm so they are able to to the IUIs at the closer clinic. Both offices are always very clean and sterile.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We are self pay so to me the prices are reasonable compared to other clinics I’ve researched. They are very up front with their prices on their website. Our IUI is only 310. Trigger shot was 115 and ultra sound was 135. Also, our consultation initially was 100 but went down to 70 after the third one. I feel comfortable paying these prices and never feel cheated or taken advantage of.
Describe Michael Freeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I have not spoken to dr freeman about this process yet.
Jacksonville

Dr. Duffy takes the time to sit and explain the options, the science, and best and worst case scenario. He has a busy practice but you don’t feel rushed when you are with him. He understands this process is challenging but he is in your corner and is always optimistic despite the presented hurdles.... I have low AMH/DOR. We went with max doses of Gonal F and Menopure and Stimmed for 14 days, I was a slow responder. We retrieved 5 eggs. 4 blatocysts came from that. 2 transfers, 2 embryos each time both a pregnancy was achieved.
Multiple locations [of FIRM] in Jacksonville is great. I wish the Baptist South office could do more procedures because the parking downtown is not convenient. Reminder calls and calls from billing to let you know what your costs will be prior to the visit, if any, would be really helpful.... 3 cycles was $15,500- meds separate. Frozen transfers are about $2500 each, not including meds... Great staff. Supportive, friendly but also show support and compassion through the process.
Dr. Duffy is all around a pleasant person to be around. He acts like your coach and pumps you up to feel confident that you can get a win. When and if things don’t go as planned, he is supportive and compassionate. He works with Boyt my husband and I to help us understand the Science, physiology, and lays out the path to have a successful pregnancy. My first cycle I worked with a few other doctors in the practice and wish that I hadn’t but I didn’t know I had the option to solely request Dr Duffy. He has a special way to help you remain positive when with others you left feeling hopeless.
Do your best to schedule all your appointments With him rather than others in The office. Ivf is a tough journey and you want to go through it with a doctor that is a champion on your side through the entire thing.
I have low AMH/DOR. We went with max doses of Gonal F and Menopure and Stimmed for 14 days, I was a slow responder. We retrieved 5 eggs. 4 blatocysts came from that. 2 transfers, 2 embryos each time both a pregnancy was achieved. The first got all the way to ultrasound to find a miscarriage and the second was a chemical pregnancy. We completed an ERA , awaiting results and currently on meds to grow new eggs. Similar protocol but added HGH.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Multiple locations in Jacksonville is great. I wish the Baptist South office could do more procedures because the parking downtown is not convenient. Reminder calls and calls from billing to let you know what your costs will be prior to the visit, if any, would be really helpful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe Daniel Duffy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The max they will transfer is 2. Reason was the increased number of embryos doesn’t substantially increase your chances but absolutely increases chances of multiples and health issues for mom.
Jacksonville

Dr. Freeman takes on difficult cases and doesn't give up quickly... is wonderful, he's both warm and smart. He gives you the facts but in a caring way. When we have spoken on both the phone and with a sit down in his office, he takes the time to answer all your questions or explain it in a different way if you don't understand...We went through everything and discussed the changes that we would make in hopes of a better outcome all around ( more eggs, better quality) so that we will have more embryos in the next round. We felt very confident in our new plan, but still wanted a little break and he was totally understanding of that and agreed, reassuring me that whenever I'm ready for round 2, so is he!
FIRM is a large practice with 5 great RE's, you always see an MD for your appointments and they do treatments based on your cycle ( no batch IVF, retrevials or transfers) they do it all everyday and the care is very personalized. Another thing that I love is that most everything is done "in-house" including PGS testing and its all contained on the same floor...She [nurse] always called me back the same day if I left a message and was available to answer questions. The rest of the FIRM staff is also great, the scheduling staff, medical assistants and billing department are friendly, kind and compassionate.
Although our 1st round of IVF didn't go the way any of us ( including Dr. Freeman) wanted, we had a consult with him after our FET failed and he was very compassionate. We went through everything and discussed the changes that we would make in hopes of a better outcome all around ( more eggs, better quality) so that we will have more embryos in the next round. We felt very confident in our new plan, but still wanted a little break and he was totally understanding of that and agreed, reassuring me that whenever I'm ready for round 2, so is he!
Don't be afraid to ask tough questions! Dr. Freeman takes on difficult cases and doesn't give up quickly
Dr. Freeman is wonderful, he's both warm and smart. He gives you the facts but in a caring way. When we have spoken on both the phone and with a sit down in his office, he takes the time to answer all your questions or explain it in a different way if you don't understand.
Our primary diagnosis is PCOS/Unexplained Infertility. All of my anatomic diagnostic tests - HSG, SHG/Mock transfer, and general uterine biopsy all came back great. No blockages, cysts, polyps, fibroids, inflammation or infections. My bloodwork all looked good other then an elevated AMH ( in the 9.0 range) and slightly elevated testosterone and lots of follicles on US lead to the PCOS diagnosis. So we slightly conservative with the protocol to hopefully avoid OHSS. We did Gonal-F (125 units for 6 days and then 175units for 6 days), Menopur (one vialfor 12 days) and Cetrotide ( added in on the 6th day). After 12 days double triggered with 40 units of Lupron ( 24 and 12 hrs before retrevial). We retrieved 13 eggs, but only 6 were mature. At FIRM if you are doing PGS, all eggs must be ICSI'd so we did that for the 6 and only 2 made it to Day 5, we still chose PGS and we got one PGS normal, so the next cycle we did an ERA biopsy to make sure we transferred at the perfect time in hopes of avoiding a failed transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty Josim)
Patty was the nurse that I interacted with the most during my cycle. We did all of our paperwork, injection teaching and she called me with most of my test results. She always called me back the same day if I left a message and was available to answer questions. The rest of the FIRM staff is also great, the scheduling staff, medical assistants and billing department are friendly, kind and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a large practice with 5 great RE's, you always see an MD for your appointments and they do treatments based on your cycle ( no batch IVF, retrevials or transfers) they do it all everyday and the care is very personalized. Another thing that I love is that most everything is done "in-house" including PGS testing and its all contained on the same floor. The only thing that I wish was that they had slightly better hours. They are open 7:00-4:30 M-F but close for almost 2 hours (12-2) for lunch and staff meetings so you cant get ahold of them during that time.
Our single IVF round included monitoring US and bloodwork, egg retrieval, sedation, ICSI, biopsy for PGS, storage of embryos and 1 FET cycle ( 1 US and blood draw, thaw and transfer of embryo and beta blood draw) and it was 11,600.00 ( that also reflects a 10% military discount). -Meds were not included and separate ( approx. 2500.00-3000.00) -we also did an ERA biopsy cycle( approx. 1800.00)
This was a topic that we spoke about at our initial IVF consult, because we decided to do PGS, Dr. Freeman only recommends transferring 1 embryo at a time. Even if we hadn't done PGS, he doesn't recommend transferring multiples at my current age (33). I appreciated his honesty and professional opinion.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
The only issue we ran into was when we were expecting my ERA results from an outside company and I was given an specific date that FIRM should have received them and when I called they said that FIRM should have them, but when I called FIRM they said they didn't have them, so there was a little miscommunication but we figured it out. The only other issue I had was on my beta day after transfer, a nurse that I wasn't familiar with called and I felt like she could have been just a little more sensitive with they way she delivered the bad news to us. She asked if we wanted to use our other embryo ( although we do have another frozen it is a "complex abnormal" embryo so we CAN'T use it and I had to tell her that. I feel that is information she should have had prior.
Jacksonville

Patty, my IVF coordinator [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine], was the best thing about my entire experience. She was always there to answer questions and help me find solutions. She kept me going through the darkest of days, and I'll remember her kindness for the rest of my life...I wish there was more transparency and communication with personal medical records - perhaps either through a patient portal or other access. I like to have a lot of information and found it frustrating not to be able to keep up with my treatment plan/records.
I switched to Dr. Freeman after about 1 1/2 years with another doctor in the same practice, who was not a good fit for me. The nurses recommended Dr. Freeman when I requested a change, and I'm grateful I took their advice. (For what it's worth, he seems to be genuinely liked and respected by the clinic staff.) I've read many posts describing 'miracle babies' and while I appreciate the idea, I don't think this pregnancy (now in my second trimester!) happened by luck or accident. It was the result of good medicine and a skilled physician who worked hard to ensure a positive outcome. Dr. Freeman was open to innovation and new ideas, willing to change course, and put in time and effort to devising the best, most personalized treatment for me. Most importantly, he treated me with respect, kindness, and, often, humor (much appreciated during what can be a very trying time). Whereas I felt like some other doctors can get hung up on their title and dr/patient dynamic, he was more approachable. He provided me the detailed information I asked for and didn't talk down to me. That is what I am most grateful for - if my pregnancy hadn't happened, I would have been devastated, but I still would have been grateful to have been treated with such compassion. Given how gut-wrenching and humiliating this infertility journey can be, I can't emphasize enough how much his respect and kindness meant.
Throughout this entire process, I learned how to be my own advocate, and that helped me get to a better result. Come prepared; ask plenty of questions and share your concerns. Understandably, the doctors are very busy, but in my experience, Dr. Freeman will take time for you. For me, it helped to do research ahead of time and bring my questions to the visit. Also, I found my nurse coordinator to be a great resource and liaison.
Switching to Dr. Freeman was a real turning point for me and one of the best decisions I made during this entire 3-year process. I'd felt that my previous doctor dismissed my concerns and refused to deviate from a predetermined, one-size-fits-all procedure. Dr. Freeman took time to answer my questions and considered my ideas. I felt heard for the first time at this practice, even if we disagreed. And he didn't act as if my questions were a nuisance, even when I had a lot of them (which was more often than not). When my transfers didn't work, he was willing to change course and worked very hard to find a solution that was right for me. Throughout, I was grateful that he took time to understand my case, my history, and my concerns.
By the time I switched to Dr. Freeman, I'd already undergone several IUIs, an egg retrieval, and several frozen embryo transfers with another doctor. During my first visit, he diagnosed my uterine septum (which my previous dr had said wasn't an issue) and later removed it successfully - as someone who has had multiple miscarriages, I'm relieved and grateful to have that obstacle removed. He performed an ERA test and recommended, for the first time, a battery of blood tests that indicated a MTHFR mutation, for which he prescribed corrective medication. Following these procedures, Dr. Freeman did my fourth FET with two embryos. While we disagreed on whether to transfer one or two, his advice was sound and he was respectful of my decision. Unfortunately, that transfer wasn't successful, and I was devastated. We met to discuss, and I will be forever grateful for his compassion during a very difficult time. He listened to my concerns and though he didn't profess to have all of the answers, came up with several new ideas for the next transfer (my last remaining euploid embryo). He also retested my AMH level to help me decide whether or not to proceed with another FET or go into another egg retrieval. Having had so many prior losses and disappointments, I was skeptical, but I trusted that he was trying to do the right thing and figured it was worth a shot. To my surprise, it worked. The magic formula turned out to be a 'natural cycle' FET, meaning a transfer timed to my body's own ovulation and without estrogen supplementation and only minimal progesterone. He also prescribed steroids to ward off any immune issues and blood thinners (baby aspirin and Lovenox injections). While I don't necessarily have a diagnosed immune or clotting issue, I appreciated his willingness to deviate from my previous regimen. As he said at one point, "if it walks like a duck and talks like a duck, let's treat it as one." I don't think I would have been able to try something like this with the other physician, and I wouldn't have gotten this outcome if I hadn't switched to Dr. Freeman. My regret is that I didn't change sooner- I can't help but wonder how much heartache I could have avoided if I did. Following my positive pregnancy test, I've remained very anxious given past experience and loss. He was understanding during each visit, and I appreciated his patience and candid feedback. I've since transferred to an OB, but if everything goes well, I hope to come back for a future cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty Jossim)
As grateful as I am to Dr. Freeman, Patty, my IVF coordinator, was the best thing about my entire experience. She was always there to answer questions and help me find solutions. She kept me going through the darkest of days, and I'll remember her kindness for the rest of my life. I know I'm not alone in my gratitude, but it's such a personal thing - I wouldn't be having a baby without her help - that I'll always be thankful for her. The rest of the clinic staff - from the nurses to the assistants and front desk - were also very kind. Hearing how happy they all were when I finally, finally, finally got pregnant was such a joy - and a demonstration of how supportive they were throughout. And while it's easy to remember how people treat you in happy moments, there's a lot of grief that goes into this process. I am most grateful for their compassion during those difficult times.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a very well-respected clinic with good results and a long track record, and where I live, it's really the only option within driving distance. For the first part of my experience, I regretted not living in a bigger city and having more options and access to research, but after switching doctors and finding the right fit, even if I were to move away, I'd likely still come back for care. It's also convenient with parking and in a good hospital. My experience wasn't all perfect, however. I chose my first doctor in the practice based on location and though I know a lot of people like him, he was not a good fit for me. Were I to do it again, I'd ask more questions of the nurse coordinator upfront about the different physicians' styles and try to determine who I should see. And I'd be more quick to advocate for myself and switch to one that met my needs. Finally, I wish there was more transparency and communication with personal medical records - perhaps either through a patient portal or other access. I like to have a lot of information and found it frustrating not to be able to keep up with my treatment plan/records. After multiple requests since leaving the practice, I was finally able to obtain a copy of my own records and reading through the summary of my initial visit with the first doctor, I found several inaccuracies about my history. It's likely nothing that affected my treatment, but I wish I'd had the chance to correct it. I also wish they had a more informative Facebook page with current articles and links to resources (like resolve.org, for example).
Unfortunately my insurance won't pay for anything infertility-related, so I had to finance my egg retrieval. Initial costs were $18K- $15,000 for FIRM plus $3,000 for stimulation medication during the ER. That included PGS-testing, which as a patient in my late 30's, I'm very glad I did. I think that also included the fee for my first transfer, but I can't remember. Each subsequent FETs cost $3,000 plus $1000+ in medications each cycle and about $100/month in medications to treat my MTHFR condition (also not covered by insurance, even once I had a confirmed pregnancy). I also had to pay out of pocket for my ERA test (can't remember the exact costs, but I believe it was close to $1,000) and anesthesia related to my septum removal ($500-ish?) and other per-visit costs. This was after my IUIs, which I think ran about $800-1,000 each (but it's been a while). Co-pays once I had a confirmed pregnancy were generally about $50, depending on other tests. All in all, a very expensive couple of years - it's hard to budget just based on the base price list on the website, because (at least in my experience) there were a lot of extras that added up quickly. I don't think FIRM was necessarily much different than other clinics, but lack of insurance coverage for infertility is something that needs to be addressed nationally.
He strongly advocated for a single transfer vs. two, but let me make the decision in the end. At that point, it was my fourth transfer overall and given the emotional and financial toll, I wanted to be more aggressive. I listened to his arguments (which were certainly valid and based on good medicine) and did agonize over the right thing to do. When I decided to transfer two, he didn't try to shame me or make me feel like a bad person. Again, I felt much more respected than in previous situations. In the end, however, that particular transfer wasn't successful and I only had one embryo left for my final transfer - and that was the one that stuck.
Jacksonville

Dr. Freeman is very warm and patient. He is willing to answer questions and try new things if you ask. He understands and has looked into the most recent studies and knows what is new, does not only go by the old ways of doing things. He will take his time with the appointment...decided to try a cervical dilatation on me before transfer. My other clinics had never done this or mentioned it. After several very difficult iuis, transfers, mock transfers etc I was shocked that this was even an option to try. I still have not had my transfer so not sure if it will help but it was something that was a definite good idea when my last transfer took 3 hours with another clinic.
I did a donor embryo cycle [with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. It was around $5200 for everything including transfer. I believe the regular cycles are about $8200 not including medicine...The only negative is that billing can be really hard to get ahold of. There were a few times I called and never received a call back from billing, even days later. As far as strengths, they are usually on time. Nurses are nice. Clinic is clean.
Ask questions and make sure you know what your plan is.
He is very caring, warm, and patient. He is always willing to explain and answer questions and does not rush through the appointment.
Dr. Freeman decided to try a cervical dilatation on me before transfer. My other clinics had never done this or mentioned it. After several very difficult iuis, transfers, mock transfers etc I was shocked that this was even an option to try. I still have not had my transfer so not sure if it will help but it was something that was a definite good idea when my last transfer took 3 hours with another clinic.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma)
My nurse is Emma. She is very warm and caring. She definitely shows compassion when tough things happen. Instead of acting cold she acts like she understands and feels what I am going through. She emails or calls back fairly quickly.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I did a donor embryo cycle. It was around $5200 for everything including transfer. I believe the regular cycles are about $8200 not including medicine.
I am on my 3rd transfer and he is willing to let me try 2 embryos since 1 has not worked.
Jacksonville

Dr. Winslow is very knowledgeable, but bedside manners are not a thing that he possesses at all. He is so forward and straight to the point that it totally rubbed my husband the wrong way, and one time i had to have a conversation with him about backing off a little... I was on maximum doses for their office, which was 300 follistim, 150 menopur each cycle. He never switched it up, which sometimes gave me question, but i trusted that maximum dowsed was what my body needed.
The billing specialists [FIRM] sometimes take a while to get back to you, but they are nice. The front desk personnel have always been kind. The nurses begin to know you by name, which really shows their customer service commitment... The nurses were very nice, many of them had trouble drawing my blood, and there were only a few that could get it the first time around, but overall they were good... I had insurance for the first few treatments so I was quoted about 3,000 per cycle, not including medicine
He is the head doctor of the FIRM, so he has a wealth of knowledge, and I trusted him in that area, and stuck with him because i wanted the best. But as far as bedside manners or compassion, that is not something he possesses, so if you need someone that will kindly walk you through your process and caringly address your needs, he isn’t the doctor for you.
If you want the most knowledgeable and experienced doctor in the practice and you don’t care about the delivery of information than Winslow is the best option. If you do care, and you need someone who can be patient and compassionate, he isn’t the doctor for you
I was on maximum doses for their office, which was 300 follistim, 150 menopur each cycle. He never switched it up, which sometimes gave me question, but i trusted that maximum dowsed was what my body needed. The first time he had me on BC pills too long and i never made it to retrieval. The second time we did no BC, 2 eggs were retrieved 1 made it to transfer but didn’t stick. The third time I was on BC for only 2 wks, 7 eggs were retrieved, 6 mature and frozen, when thawed and fertilized 4 fertilized, But none made it to embryos and I had nothing to transfer
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The billing specialists sometimes take a while to get back to you, but they are nice. The front desk personnel have always been kind. The nurses begin to know you by name, which really shows their customer service commitment

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr Duffy is a generally kind man that is knowledgeable about his profession. On most Occassions I feel he is slightly rushed, however, he listens to my concerns as long as I’m forward enough to stop him from leaving...sometimes I feel like he is board or complacent with my treatment. Overall, I choose to continue to see him because I have faith in his knowledge & we did get pregnant once under his care... it ended in loss.... but we are getting ready to try again.
The downtown location [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is “nicer”- sometimes you will experience a longer than expected wait before your appointment...The clinic is always clean and brightly colored with big comfy couches while you wait. I’ve also visited the south side office many times and it’s great as well. It’s smaller and less “plush” as are most satellite clinics. I’ve never had a negative with either office.
Dr Duffy is a generally kind man that is knowledgeable about his profession. On most Occassions I feel he is slightly rushed, however, he listens to my concerns as long as I’m forward enough to stop him from leaving. He is the 2nd Dr I’ve seen at this clinic, and while he is a vast improvement from my 1st experience, sometimes I feel like he is board or complacent with my treatment. Overall, I choose to continue to see him because I have faith in his knowledge & we did get pregnant once under his care... it ended in loss.... but we are getting ready to try again.
Ask him to explain what he is telling you if you don’t understand... sometimes it’s like he forgets to explain things where anyone could understand them- but answers questions well. Don’t be too timid.
I began treatment with metformin and timed intercourse. We conceived and experienced our 1st loss. Then we did Clomid 50mg cd5-9 with Time Intercourse again. Upped Clomid to 100mg cd 3-9 + IUI. Upped Clomid to 150mg cd3-9 + IUI, positive pregnancy test & beta. Then miscarriage. We decided to take a break trying after this loss.
At FIRM we have more contact with the dr’s than the nurses which is great. Every time I call in I speak with a nurse- and they have always been polite & helpful. The nurse that called with pregnancy test results is always compassionate & kind with good or bad news.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The downtown location is “nicer”- sometimes you will experience a longer than expected wait before your appointment, but that is to be expected with fertility treatments. The clinic is always clean and brightly colored with big comfy couches while you wait. I’ve also visited the south side office many times and it’s great as well. It’s smaller and less “plush” as are most satellite clinics. I’ve never had a negative with either office.
My insurance pays for anything diagnostic - my copay is $40. Any fertility treatment is not covered, $125 for trigger shot, $30 for Clomid per cycle, $165 for hcg blood draws, I’m unsure how much each baseline and follicle check u/s was- I believe $130. IUI was $390 plus all the other costs mentioned above.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
With my first pregnancy after my beta draw, my progesterone was low... the nurse that called with my results told me they were calling in a progesterone suppository to my pharmacy- this was around 4pm... when I arrived at my pharmacy there was no Rx.... which made me panic as low progesterone can cause miscarriage- I was able to call the on cal Dr and get my Rx that same night. But it was quite upsetting to have to deal with all of that. In the end, my pregnancy ended in loss.
Jacksonville

Dr. Duffy is an extremely educated RE who is also extremely compassionate and warm. As a more sensitive individual, I needed a RE with a warmer bedside manner and I believe I've found that with Dr. Duffy. I always feel as though he has enough time to answer any and all of my questions and I never feel rushed. He is always very positive about the course of treatment, which I appreciate.
Everyone I've met thus far [at FL Institute for Repro Med- Jax] has been very warm and compassionate. The nurses are quick to respond if you call and are very helpful. The only minor issue I've had is in contacting the billing department. At times, it can take several days for them to contact you back. Otherwise, I've had no negative experiences with this clinic... IUI ~ $700 IVF ~ $9000 - $25000 We are choosing to do the 3 cycle IVF package at $18,000 and PGS testing at around $4000.
Be sure to prepare your questions in advanced. While he does a decent job educating you about the course of treatment you will likely have other questions that he won't address unless you bring them up.
Dr. Duffy has been able to keep things as personal as possible and has maintained a warm bedside manner.
I'm still under treatment but Dr. Duffy reviewed my records from my OB and determined I had unexplained infertility. My husband already had a SA so he sent me for more Bloodwork. Afterwords he wanted to do an IUI (I had two previously with my OB). My husband and I felt like another was a waste of time so we asked to go straight to IVF and Dr. Duffy agreed. We are about to start medication for IVF and hoping all goes well!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone I've met thus far has been very warm and compassionate. The nurses are quick to respond if you call and are very helpful. The only minor issue I've had is in contacting the billing department. At times, it can take several days for them to contact you back. Otherwise, I've had no negative experiences with this clinic.
Jacksonville

Dr. Kevin Winslow was very knowledgeable about the dreaded fertility experience and treatment options. He also was really straight forward and never sugar coated anything but also showed compassion to you and your situation. He was clear on the treatment and gave you good insight on what to expect. I felt very comfortable but sometimes would get overwhelmed and feel like I couldn’t and didn’t know what questions to ask!
The FIRM has several different locations to accommodate your location. The only issue is that Jacksonville is the only place for the fertility treatments. The Tallahassee location is super nice and very clean! The Jacksonville downtown was in a hospital setting but was still nice but a little older! The FIRM has many strengths but I think the most important for my experience is they all make you feel super comfortable and also are very hopeful for you and your process.
That he is amazing at what he does and how he does it but to go in with a list of questions and thoughts and ask before you leave!
From the front desk to the back.. everyone made you feel comfortable and that they really cared about your struggles. Dr. Winslow also ask personal questions and usually remembers all the details about your life!
Dr. Winslow recommended as our first treatment using fertility medication along with IUI. We used clomid and then had IUI done. We did not get pregnant that month. After the failed IUI, Dr. winslow recommended doing another round of IUI with clomid. We used the clomid but didn’t do the IUI that month. We didn’t get pregnant that next month with timed intercourse. He also said that if male factor was present that we would need to do IVF or if 3 rounds of IUI didn’t work then IVF would be the best treatment.
They are amazing! They also made me feel so comfortable. They also made me feel like my questions were never not heard or dumb! They make the experience so much better and every appointment seem like it matters!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The initial consult with Dr. Winslow was 100. That appointment we just sat down and talked about our issues and what we had already done. He also gave us the treatment options and suggestions at the consult. The ultrasounds were 125 dollars each time. The analysis was roughly 85. The trigger shot was roughly 120. The IUI procedure was 390.
None yet.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
The only thing that I had go wrong was the results of an analysis we had done. I was told it would take a week or so for the results to get back but it took longer and then had to call them to get the results. I felt like they weren’t important and having to call them to figure it out made it frustrating.
Jacksonville
Dr. Freeman has never made me feel rushed and always answered my questions openly and honestly. I feel like I’m him only patient although I know he has many....We tried at first to do a natural FET cycle because I was having so many bad reactions to the medications From trying previously with another doctor. And I was just exhausted and mentally and emotionally drained. Do natural cycle did not work because I ovulated too early. So we went on to a medicated FET cycle.
I would recommend him and the FIRM to anybody going through this process. I like that you see a doctor during every visit and they really try to keep you with the same doctor every time.... Strengths: No batch cycling. Your plan is tailored specifically to you and how the body is progressing. You see a doctor every time They try very hard to keep you with the same doctor but if for any reason they cannot you know upfront. They treat you like a person and not just a number. I have never felt rushed and all of my questions have been answered quickly and openly.
I have been on this journey for awhile but have only been seeing Dr. Freeman for a short time. My experience has been wonderful. I would recommend him and the FIRM to anybody going through this process. I like that you see a doctor during every visit and they really try to keep you with the same doctor every time. Dr. Freeman has never made me feel rushed and always answered my questions openly and honestly. I feel like I’m him only patient although I know he has many.
He is wonderful
I tried for over a year with Brown Fertility to get pregnant. Although I really like Dr. Brown, I did not feel like his process best fit my needs. The process at the FIRM is much more relaxed and tailored to you and your body’s cycle. Dr. Freeman has been wonderful. He is upfront and honest and I truly feel like he is doing everything possible for me to have a successful pregnancy. I wish I had come to him much sooner in this process.
We tried at first to do a natural FET cycle because I was having so many bad reactions to the medications From trying previously with another doctor. And I was just exhausted and mentally and emotionally drained. Do natural cycle did not work because I ovulated too early. So we went on to a medicated FET cycle. I had blood work done almost every time I came in the office. I Had 2 appointments before each cycle. I just did my first FET with Dr. Freeman.
Nursing staff is wonderful. They answered all of the questions that I had. Even when I forgot to ask a question while I was in the office I called and if they were unavailable they returned my call very quickly. Many times in less than an hour.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: No batch cycling. Your plan is tailored specifically to you and how the body is progressing. You see a doctor every time They try very hard to keep you with the same doctor but if for any reason they cannot you know upfront. They treat you like a person and not just a number. I have never felt rushed and all of my questions have been answered quickly and openly. Negative: Receiving return calls from billing when you have a question.
Our insurance does not cover fertility treatments so we have had to pay for all treatments out of pocket. The estimated cost are: $3000 for FET, $200-300 appointment visit. $700 for trial transfer, Cost for Medications: $2000
I wanted to transferred to embryos and Dr. Freeman agreed
2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Sproul von Goeben] always hugs me when she sees me and gives a genuine smile. She is genuinely interested and concerned about every detail... Never rushes you or the appointment, takes the time to think about the questions before answering. Actually thinks about you while you aren't in front of her and will reach out to colleagues if she feels the need...Changed course to IVF due to ectopic pregnancy and 1 tube. Have done 2 rounds of IVF stimulation with menopur, gonal f, and Ovidrel trigger shot and 2nd round with menopur, clomid, and hgh, also with an Ovidrel or novarel trigger.
[The nurses at FIRM are] Warm friendly and caring! They even remember where my 1 good vein is!...They even will open on the weekend d but the appointment has to be scheduled by Friday...I wish they had more options available at all their clinics, for instance retrieval is only done at the downtown location in Jacksonville. Also I wish they'd get newer or more upgraded ultrasound machines. They are all highly trained and work as a team!
Friendly, warm, kind, and knowledgeable. Never rushes you or the appointment, takes the time to think about the questions before answering. Actually thinks about you while you aren't in front of her and will reach out to colleagues if she feels the need.
Tell her all of your concerns so she can address them and help guide you through the process. Don't feel stupid for asking questions or for her to clarify.
She always hugs me when she sees me and gives a genuine smile. She is genuinely interested and concerned about every detail
First went to letrozole since I was already on that protocol, got pregnant right away, miscarried. So continued with letrozole for a while. Then switched to clomid because it tends to work better for pcos patients and gradually increased dosage, tried IUI and timed intercourse during this time about 18-24 mos. Conceived and miscarried again and had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured had to have a tube removed. Changed course to IVF due to ectopic pregnancy and 1 tube. Have done 2 rounds of IVF stimulation with menopur, gonal f, and Ovidrel trigger shot and 2nd round with menopur, clomid, and hgh, also with an Ovidrel or novarel trigger.
Warm friendly and caring! They even remember where my 1 good vein is!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Annual HIV check spouses insurance didn't cover $1200, nurse anesthetists $250, pgt testing and freezing $3000, plus medications, hgh not cover $1500
Jacksonville
Dr. Erb was able to tailor our treatment to my specific needs. She made sure that we were confident with the course that we were taking. She was always sure to explain things without being to clinical. She made me feel like I was in control of my infertility treatment and offered us options. She was very thorough and has performed all of my ultrasounds, and my HSG...Be prepared to have a large battery of tests run first before you begin treatment. She is very thorough and does not like to start until all of your results have come in to give a clearer picture of what you are up against.
The costs [at FIRM] are actually reasonable from what I've seen other practices charge. They have several IVF options to help with most budgets. They were able to bill my insurance for most of our screening and that helped with the overall cost associated with fertility treatment...There are five doctors in the clinic and while you will have a primary you may see any or all of them in the course of treatment. From my experience they are all exceptional practitioners and take pride in helping have over 14,000 babies born.
How was your experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be prepared to have a large battery of tests run first before you begin treatment. She is very thorough and does not like to start until all of your results have come in to give a clearer picture of what you are up against. She ordered a full panel of blood work, recommended a genetic screening, HSG, and full semen analysis before we began any medication or fertility treatment. This can cause the process to take longer to start but does avoid set backs while under treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Erb took the time to explain things to myself and my husband. She was sure to always use my preferred name was thorough and always had a kind smile. She was encouraging and has let me sit in her office and cry on more than one occasion. She is always sure to explain things to us in ways that we can understand and answers all of our questions thoroughly and honestly.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The costs are actually reasonable from what I've seen other practices charge. They have several IVF options to help with most budgets. They were able to bill my insurance for most of our screening and that helped with the overall cost associated with fertility treatment.
Teresa Erb
Jacksonville
he [Dr. Winslow] encouraged us to move to ivf... He is very quick with his appointments but he doesn’t go in to a lot of detail. So it’s hard to get questions answered because he’s so quick. I always felt like there was more he could have explained, more reassurance he could have given. Generally speaking he knew who I was and information about me. I grew to learn that he doesn’t go in to details unless it’s necessary. He is a nice doctor and is very knowledgeable.
The nursing staff and ivf coordinator [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were all very knowledgeable and friendly and helpful. They always answered all my questions and provided reassurance along the way...Each iui was around $800. Our ivf was around $12,000 including medications...The doctors do rotate so you don’t see the same doctor every time. We were always treated well and with care and compassion. Overall we had a great experience!
He’s a very nice and knowledgeable doctor. He does show compassion and treats each patient with respect and care. He doesn’t go in to a lot of details explaining things. He only explains what you need to know. He’s always on time, I never had to wait for him. He’s very quick with his appointments which is good but also hard to get questions answered.
Let him know ahead of time you have questions and just know if he’s short or doesn’t go in to a lot of detail he isn’t blowing you off. He only goes in to detail about what you really need to know. He doesn’t want you to worry about things you don’t need to worry about. He is very quick and it’s not him being short. He is just very concise in his appointments.
Overall I felt like a human. He is very quick with his appointments but he doesn’t go in to a lot of detail. So it’s hard to get questions answered because he’s so quick. I always felt like there was more he could have explained, more reassurance he could have given. Generally speaking he knew who I was and information about me. I grew to learn that he doesn’t go in to details unless it’s necessary. He is a nice doctor and is very knowledgeable.
We started with two rounds of letrozole with TI. Our third round we saw a different doctor and he increased our dose to 7.5 mg and I ended up producing too many eggs so the cycle was cancelled. The next cycle we went back to the 5 mg dose and did our first iui and it didn’t work. The second iui we changed to clomid and it again resulted in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Winslow explained usually if things are going to work, they would by now so he encouraged us to move to ivf. We did gonal-f and menopur and added in cetrotide. We triggered with Lupron and they retrieved 9 eggs. 2 fertilized, 2 went to blast to be frozen and we just transferred those two blastocysts and we are currently in the tww!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jamie)
The nursing staff and ivf coordinator were all very knowledgeable and friendly and helpful. They always answered all my questions and provided reassurance along the way.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall I had a good experience at the FIRM. The doctors do rotate so you don’t see the same doctor every time. We were always treated well and with care and compassion. Overall we had a great experience!
Each iui was around $800. Our ivf was around $12,000 including medications.
Our doctor strongly encouraged us to only transfer one embryo but we felt very strongly about transferring both so he allowed it. He explained the risks associated and we understood and still felt comfortable moving forward.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
The only issue I ever had was they never called me with my progesterone results during my second iui cycle. By the time I got the results my period was starting so it was pointless to try to add progesterone.
Jacksonville
[Dr. Kari Sproul Von Goeben] Always smiled and seemed to care. Sometimes I felt like she didn't listen what I wanted or felt like I needed though. She would disagree with me a lot on testing I wanted done. She did however always explain why and talk to me about it all. She listened to what I had to say and while not always agreeing, she gave me a reason why. It meant a lot that she always gave me hugs especially after my failed embryo transfer. She was somewhat comforting and maybe could somewhat relate to what I was going through. Overall she is a very kind person and I think she does want to help me become a mom
My IVF [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was $6000 for ultrasound monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, and transfer. On top of that we had to pay extra for the anesthesia and ICSI...As far as strengths the staff are all very nice and welcoming. For the most part they worked with my schedule for appointments and made it easier to be seen. As far as weaknesses, the waits were usually very long.
Dr. Von Goeben was always welcoming and kind. Always smiled and seemed to care. Sometimes I felt like she didn't listen what I wanted or felt like I needed though. She would disagree with me a lot on testing I wanted done. She did however always explain why and talk to me about it all. She listened to what I had to say and while not always agreeing, she gave me a reason why. It meant a lot that she always gave me hugs especially after my failed embryo transfer. She was somewhat comforting and maybe could somewhat relate to what I was going through. Overall she is a very kind person and I think she does want to help me become a mom
Don't be afraid to speak up for what you want
I sometimes felt like it was all about money. They refused to test me for things I thought would help but did me explanations as to why. I always had my questions answered but sometimes felt rushed. I did feel like a human for the most part as my doctor did hug me after my failed cycle and could feel my pain
For my IUI's I was on Clomid which all failed. I don't remember much from those cycles. For my IVF I was taking Gonal F and Menopur. I believe I was on 300 of Gonal and 150 of Menopur. Then Cetrotide was added. Unfortunately I had to stay on the Gonal and Menopur a little longer than normal because my follicles were not exactly where they wanted them. I took the Lupron trigger shot and they retrieved 22 eggs. Of those 22, 19 were mature and fertilized with ICSI. Only 9 made it to biopsy and freeze and of this 9 PGS tested embryos, 7 were normal. Dr. Von Goeben was unable to do my actual retrieval. I then had a polypectomy done for multiple polyps. Then I was placed on birth control for about 2 weeks. After stopping that, I started taking estradiol 1 mg tabs, 3 in the morning and 3 at night (worked up to that). I had my day 13 scan and my lining was not thick enough. So she extended my estrogen by a week. After the next scan my lining was good and was told to start Progesterone supp. I took those for 6 days and on the 6th day had my embryo transfer. My transfer went very smoothly. Unfortunately it failed.
The nurses were nice but sometimes it was hard to get ahold of them. However they always got back to me. I didn't have a nurse I wasn't happy with
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
As far as strengths the staff are all very nice and welcoming. For the most part they worked with my schedule for appointments and made it easier to be seen. As far as weaknesses, the waits were usually very long. The clinic was always freezing and waiting forever in an ice cold waiting room was not easy.
Everything was out of pocket. My IUI's were each over $700 and that didn't include the $50 bottle of Clomid for each cycle. My IVF was $6000 for ultrasound monitoring appointments, egg retrieval, and transfer. On top of that we had to pay extra for the anesthesia and ICSI. Also the medications which were almost $5,000. Then the PGS testing which was $2,000 for the biopsy paid to the clinic and over $1,700 for the testing paid to the lab.
My doctor strongly insists only 1 embryo be transferred for my age because of the risk of multiples. I asked after my failed transfer of 1 about doing 2 for the next one and she still recommends 1
2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
From the first time I started seeing Dr. Duffy he has always made my husband and I feel like a human. He always remembered our names and our situation.... He consulted with one of his other partners and decided that they would do my surgery together and it was a success.... Although I am still in my TTC journey I would recommend Dr. Duffy to everyone. He listens to his patients and value your input and EXPLAINS EVERYTHING!
I LOVE the fact that the clinic has multiple offices in the north Florida region and the doctors travel on different days to the different offices.... I only had to go to Jacksonville for retrievals, transfers, and surgeries. The clinic is so beautiful and always clean. Everything is well organized and coordinated.... The nursing staff was respectful and I like you feel like a family when you go there.
Dr. Duffy is one of the best doctors I have seen. He is very compassionate and encouraging. I started seeing him the third year into my journey and I was a nervous wreck and depressed. He was so calming and he believed in me even when I didn't believe in my own journey. I remember after my HSG when It was discovered that I had Ashermans syndrome and my cervix was blocked he explained everything with pictures and explained exactly what will need to be done. He also told us that my case was difficult but he will give it his all. He consulted with one of his other partners and decided that they would do my surgery together and it was a success. After the surgery I was so genuinely happy for us and being able to move on to our first IVF cycle. During my first cycle h again explained everything in detail and listened to all my concerns during the process and always addressed all my list of questions with no hesitation. I never felt rushed. One thing that some may see as a negative but i don't mind is the wait time but that's because he never rushes his patients and he will talk to you and explain every single detail with pictures and videos and answer all your questions do appointments are never 10 minutes. Due to scheduling he was unable to do my retrieval but he called me the next day to check on but he was able to do my transfer. I had a positive pregnancy test but a few weeks later I had a miscarriage. After 4 years of trying, stage IV endometriosis, uterine fibroids I was completely devastated. I was depressed and it was hard but he continued to be positive and together we discussed different options and new protocol. Before my next cycle he wanted to repeat the HSG in which was discovered that I have hydrosalpinx in both tubes... and yet here we are another setback. Again he sat with us for a complete hour discussing different options until we made a decision. Although I am still in my TTC journey I would recommend Dr. Duffy to everyone. He listens to his patients and value your input and EXPLAINS EVERYTHING! He is calm and so compassionate and excellent bedside manner. I never leave an appointment feeling confuse about anything.
The journey is not easy but he makes it less intimidating. He truly cares about all his patients and completely invest his time and effort in you and works hard to help you reach your goal of becoming parents. Don't be afraid to ask questions because he answers them.
From the first time I started seeing Dr. Duffy he has always made my husband and I feel like a human. He always remembered our names and our situation. he would sit for a long time and talk to us explaining everything. I remember my first HSG, it was painful because I also had Asherman syndrome and he had a difficult time getting into the cervix and I was literally shaking. He sat up and held my hands and helped me relax then he decided to stop prescribed me some anxiety medicine and told me to call my husband so he can join me, go pick up the meds and come back and I will be the last patient and he will stay as long as needed. I came back and was able to continue with the procedure as I was more relaxed and had my husband at my bedside.
I will try my best to remember dosages. I was on birth control for a few weeks then I stimmed with Gonal F (I believe 600) and menopur 75, halfway through I added cetrotide (don't remember the dose) During retrieval 9 eggs were retrieved and 7 were fertilized from left ovary. Due to my severe endometriosis my right ovary was severely adhered to the back of my uterus and none of the eggs were able to be retrieved, total disappointment. (Plan to address this issue during my next surgery procedure along with the blocked tubes). 4 made it to day 5 for freezing and sent for PGS testing. only 1 came back normal (Heartbreak!!!) changes that will be made for next cycle will be adding growth hormone due to poor egg quality. Preparing for transfer I remember being on endometrin supp. Positive pregnancy test but low beta although doubling. The day before my first ultrasound I started bleeding.
The practice has multiple locations to accommodate the north Florida region due to a lack of RE's in the area. I had an opportunity to visit many of the locations and meet with many of the nurses and they were all very nice, compassionate, helpful, knowledgeable. The nursing staff was respectful and I like you feel like a family when you go there. With such a large practice I like the fact that they always remembered me and my husband name when we would see them in the halls or when they would greet us when we first walk in. The only negative is that while waiting for your appointment I believe due to the thin walls you can hear their conversations many times,
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I LOVE the fact that the clinic has multiple offices in the north Florida region and the doctors travel on different days to the different offices so it saves me the 2 1/2 hour drive to the main office. I only had to go to Jacksonville for retrievals, transfers, and surgeries. The clinic is so beautiful and always clean. Everything is well organized and coordinated.
I do not remember exactly but the cycle was $6,900 and transfer was $2,500
My doctor prefer and recommends single embryo transfers but said we can possibly transfer 2 next time. The office recommends one at a time though.
Jacksonville
at day 6 he [Dr. Michael Freeman] upped my dosage to 200iu gonal f through day 11 to increase my eggs grow time... We had great results - 26 eggs collected, 25 mature, and 24 fertilized. Out of the 24, 12 made it to day 5 blasts graded from AB to BB. I transferred one 5AB and got pregnant...Dr. Freeman takes his time speaking with us, and is empathetic to our situation...Dr. Freeman is a very down to earth, yet blunt doctor. He takes his time to discuss hard to understand fertility terms and procedures and makes them easy to understand. He can be a little straight to the point, but I don't feel like that's a bad thing. He is open to suggestions as well, which is not the case for most REs.
The nursing staff at the Daytona location [of FIRM] are AMAZING! Always kind and professional and really accommodating...IUI - $750, monitoring apt - $125, Consult with Insurance - $150...This clinic is close to my house (Daytona Beach office), friendly nursing staff, and you get to see the doctor for every monitoring appointment. Never a long wait, and they are thorough, which I feel like is a hard combo to achieve. Very clean and very updated equipment. The convenience of having the lab in the office is nice as well.
Be your own advocate and he will listen.
He used the antagonist protocol (Gonal-F 175iu a day, and Menopur - 1 vial), at day 6 he upped my dosage to 200iu gonal f through day 11 to increase my eggs grow time. Day 5 on Cetrotide was also included. We had great results - 26 eggs collected, 25 mature, and 24 fertilized. Out of the 24, 12 made it to day 5 blasts graded from AB to BB. I transferred one 5AB and got pregnant.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
The nursing staff at the Daytona location are AMAZING! Always kind and professional and really accommodating.
IUI - $750, monitoring apt - $125, Consult with Insurance - $150
Dr. Freeman had a high preference for me to transfer just one embryo since this was our first transfer, and we are under the age of 35. We agreed that we would transfer 1, and if that didn't result in a pregnancy transfer 2 the next time.
Jacksonville

Dr. Freeman saw me as a statistic. I felt as if I was a medical mystery and that my miscarriages were not that big of a deal. It was a painful experience. ... The ultrasound showed a sac and a small baby with a faint heartbeat. He still said he had seen enough of these that it wasn’t going to last and I needed to terminate. My husband and I left in tears and completely devastated
The Firm is a fantastic clinic. We loved the location and the nice clean office space. Also, they have valet parking which helps tremendously when you are running late for a transfer!! The financial department had trouble with getting back to us a couple of times but it was easily handled when we arrived. We have visited their Jacksonville office and their Tallahassee office both are wonderful.
The best way to explain our experience with Dr. Freeman is less than ideal. On our follow up appointment from our transfer to verify pregnancy, he walked in and automatically said I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Why? We had a positive pregnancy test, blood tests were doubling every week and we had transferred two high grades embryos. I ignored the comment and he proceeded with the ultrasound. The ultrasound showed a sac and a small baby with a faint heartbeat. He still said he had seen enough of these that it wasn’t going to last and I needed to terminate. My husband and I left in tears and completely devastated. This was our 4th pregnancy and another loss. We came home and saw my OB/GYN who saw us through 8 weeks of trying to keep this pregnancy viable. I understand that Dr. Freeman was right in his assessment but when you are working with a woman who has seen multiple losses and is trying to hold on to any chance of hope, please have some compassion.
He’s extremely smart but know that he does not have a warm bed side manner. Just have thick skin when dealing with him.
I was on so many different hormones I do not remember the exact dosages.
The nurses were the best part of the experience. Each one showed compassion and knowledge for any question I had.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The entire IVF process including fertility medications was $22,500.
Dr. Freeman did not have a preference.
Jacksonville

We loved our experience with Dr. Winslow. He is a straightforward person, but my husband and I are too, so we all meshed well. Bedside manner wasn't hugely important to me compared to knowledge of our situation and a plan of attack.... my AMH level came back .13, signaling to the doctors that I would be put on maximum dosages of the medication as I was would likely be a "poor responder."
I found this clinic to be very timely. Only a handful of times did I have to wait longer than expected.... The nursing staff at the FIRM is absolutely amazing. They cheer with you when the news is good and they are so disappointed when it isn't either. Since we are based in South Georgia, we had two primary nurses - one in Jacksonville (where the procedures happened) and one in Tallahassee (where we had our usual check up scans).
We loved our experience with Dr. Winslow. He is a straightforward person, but my husband and I are too, so we all meshed well. Bedside manner wasn't hugely important to me compared to knowledge of our situation and a plan of attack. I liked that he has a practical nature and a way of explaining things to us that was easy to understand. I would bring in questions to our appointments when I had them, and he always took the time to answer any of my concerns.
If you have questions, write them down and bring to your appointment. He will take the time to answer them!
At the FIRM, I definitely felt like a human. Dr. Winslow never made me feel like a number; he knew our case and always gave us a practical plan. You always see a FIRM doctor at every appointment, even if Dr. Winslow was unavailable. The nursing staff is AMAZING. They know who you are and know you by name. They are quick to call back and talk through any concerns or questions.
We came to the FIRM and Dr. Winslow after having a miscarriage and extremely irregular cycles post miscarriage. It had almost taken a year to become pregnant, so the blow was a hard one, and then not being able to time anything after was super frustrating. Dr. Winslow first suggested we try timed cycles with assisted with Letrozole. I had to be put on a higher dosage of Letrozole as I wasn't responding as much as he would have liked - we tried this for three cycles before moving onto IUI using Letrozole. This resulted in a negative test, but we wanted to try it one more time. At the egg follicle check before planning the second IUI appointment, we learned I had stopped responding to the Letrozole. This is when we decided to move forward with IVF. I was 32 at the time and my AMH level came back .13, signaling to the doctors that I would be put on maximum dosages of the medication as I was would likely be a "poor responder." It was the antagonist protocol, using Gonal F, menapur and centritide, triggered with HCG. I went for 12 days and the cycle resulted in 5 embryos. Two made it to the blastocyst stage, and we opted to PGS screen them. One came back abnormal and one came back no DNA detected, meaning they didn't get a good enough sample to make the call. Dr. Winslow called to give us the less-than thrilling news and said we could transfer the blank embryo or we should consider doing a second cycle if we wanted more than one child, but he stressed both options were a good decision. We opted to do a second cycle after much thought (and prayers). Same protocol, same maximum dosage, but triggered with a Lupron + HCG mix. I also went the full 14 days and added Vitamin D in addition to my prenatals. This resulted in 17 eggs, and 7 made it to the blast stage! We were thrilled - and shocked! 4 came back normal, one no DNA, and two abnormal. We transferred 1 and I am currently expecting.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mandy in Jacksonville, Jamie in Tallahassee)
The nursing staff at the FIRM is absolutely amazing. They cheer with you when the news is good and they are so disappointed when it isn't either. Since we are based in South Georgia, we had two primary nurses - one in Jacksonville (where the procedures happened) and one in Tallahassee (where we had our usual check up scans). The head nurse Patty is so wonderful. They really take the time to explain everything to you and talk through any concerns or questions. After our second retrieval our sweet Tallahassee nurse Jamie called me to celebrate our 17 after she heard how it went! I cried leaving them the day of our last appointment.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I found this clinic to be very timely. Only a handful of times did I have to wait longer than expected. As a South Georgia patient having to commute, sometimes the weekend appointments to Jacksonville got tiring as it would monopolize the whole weekend. We had to cancel plans a few times because an early Sunday appointment would throw things for a loop. They would try and work with us as best they could, but if you are commuting, be prepared to be flexible.
All in - including continuous travel to Jacksonville and Tallahaseee - we came in a bit over $40k for the two cycles, medication, PGS testing, embryo transfer, gas, hotel stay, etc. Because of my "poor responder" characteristic, this meant that I had to be on the max dosage of all medications and I was on them for a longer period of time. The medication expense what really added up for us. We got a tiny discount in medication but not much. Gonal F pens were about $800 a pop and I would go through 1 pen in 3 days, where as some women can extend that for 6. We hadn't planned on a second cycle, so our savings were about wiped out. It was worth it - but stressful.
We had been told for patients that opt to PGS screen, Dr. Winslow really prefers to only transfer 1 genetically normal embryo if the mother is under a certain age. We wanted to do whatever he thought was our best chance for success. He preferred us to do one. And it took!

2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Duffy is amazing. He makes sure you completely understand everything that needs to be done, from the first appointment where he breaks down the whole reproductive process to every detail of receiving a IUI. He makes you feel like you are more than just a number and that he is there 100% to make sure you get pregnant successfully...Every time we have seen him he remembers the tiniest details and makes you feel like you actually matter.
We have always had a pleasant experience with FIRM. They are very responsive when it comes to making appointments and helping you along the way during each of your appointments...Most of the nurses I have dealt with were amazing. They all helped without a hesitation and if I had a question that they didn't know they answer to they quickly found it out for me...Each IUI cycle $800ish...they gave me a hcg shot(unsure of brand since they did in office
Be patient, have faith and pray a lot!
Dr. Duffy is absolutely amazing. Every time we have seen him he remembers the tiniest details and makes you feel like you actually matter.
1st round of IUI: clomid 50 mg days 3-8 of my cycle. On day 12 had an ultrasound and then did Orvidrel injection on day 15 because the follicles weren't measuring to the maturity that Dr. Duffy wanted them. On day 16 we went in for IUI. Resulted in a chemical miscarriage. 2nd round of IUI: clomid 100mg days 3-8, went in for ultrasound on day 12 and the follicles were only half the size the needed to be, 3more days of clomid 150mg. Went in again on day 19 and they were to maturity they needed so they gave me a hcg shot(unsure of brand since they did in office) and we went back on day 20 for IUI. Resulted in a negative pregnancy.
Surgery $1500 Each IUI cycle $800ish