Daytona Beach
850-354-5011
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207

2015 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Duffy is amazing. He makes sure you completely understand everything that needs to be done, from the first appointment where he breaks down the whole reproductive process to every detail of receiving a IUI. He makes you feel like you are more than just a number and that he is there 100% to make sure you get pregnant successfully...Every time we have seen him he remembers the tiniest details and makes you feel like you actually matter.
We have always had a pleasant experience with FIRM. They are very responsive when it comes to making appointments and helping you along the way during each of your appointments...Most of the nurses I have dealt with were amazing. They all helped without a hesitation and if I had a question that they didn't know they answer to they quickly found it out for me...Each IUI cycle $800ish...they gave me a hcg shot(unsure of brand since they did in office
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be patient, have faith and pray a lot!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Duffy is absolutely amazing. Every time we have seen him he remembers the tiniest details and makes you feel like you actually matter.
Describe the protocols Daniel Duffy used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
1st round of IUI: clomid 50 mg days 3-8 of my cycle. On day 12 had an ultrasound and then did Orvidrel injection on day 15 because the follicles weren't measuring to the maturity that Dr. Duffy wanted them. On day 16 we went in for IUI. Resulted in a chemical miscarriage. 2nd round of IUI: clomid 100mg days 3-8, went in for ultrasound on day 12 and the follicles were only half the size the needed to be, 3more days of clomid 150mg. Went in again on day 19 and they were to maturity they needed so they gave me a hcg shot(unsure of brand since they did in office) and we went back on day 20 for IUI. Resulted in a negative pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Surgery $1500 Each IUI cycle $800ish
Jacksonville

Dr Winslow is clearly very knowledgeable in his field and can be quite blunt in his delivery, but I also found him to be compassionate and willing to personalize care...With each cycle, Dr Winslow learned from my responses and modifications were made. While I responded well, unfortunately I have not achieved a pregnancy, so we will be moving on to IVF...Make sure to have your questions ready to go for your visit - appointments can be brief, but when you do have questions, Dr. Winslow will take extra time.
Strengths [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]: very organized; open 24/7/365; early morning appointments so that monitoring can be done with minimal effect on work; compassionate physicians, nurses, and staff. Weaknesses: none that I can think of at this time...I was able to see him [Dr. Kevin Winslow] mostly (except sometimes on weekends) but also found all of the physicians to be on the same page with him.
How was your experience with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Winslow is clearly very knowledgeable in his field and can be quite blunt in his delivery, but I also found him to be compassionate and willing to personalize care. I was able to see him mostly (except sometimes on weekends) but also found all of the physicians to be on the same page with him.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Though he is blunt, I still found Dr. Winslow to be very personable and caring. I felt that he really was interested in my care and treatment plans.
Describe the protocols Kevin Winslow used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We have tried cycles with Femara and Clomid plus injectable medications for the IUIs. With each cycle, Dr Winslow learned from my responses and modifications were made. While I responded well, unfortunately I have not achieved a pregnancy, so we will be moving on to IVF.
Very organized and easy to get in touch with. Until you get to IVF you are not assigned to a specific nurse, so often you talk to different ones which is good and bad - you may get different opinions, but it's always easy to reach someone.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: very organized; open 24/7/365; early morning appointments so that monitoring can be done with minimal effect on work; compassionate physicians, nurses, and staff. Weaknesses: none that I can think of at this time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I found prices to be on par or better when compared with the prices listed by other clinics in the area. I didn't find hidden costs; they were very up front with pricing. Also, staff was willing to help with insurance issues and questions.
Describe Kevin Winslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We have not yet done an IVF cycle, but in our conversations it seems that the clinic really advocates for single embryo transfers.

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Winslow seems very knowledgeable and I have no doubt as to his expertise. However, as a patient I would prefer he have a better bedside manner. He always seems to be in a rush. I understand he has a busy practice, but he needs to give patients a chance to ask questions...Got called the wrong name! Doesn't knock on the door, just barges in and starts rattling off like he's always in a hurry to get done with you... I am on the third cycle of attempting IUI and no success thus far. No positive pregnancy tests. Our next step is to move on to IVF.
Strengths [at FIRM] - financial information is provided up front (no surprises - which I appreciate) , have several satellite clinics which allow patients who do not live in Jacksonville a shorter drive at times, multiple doctors allow Saturday visits if needed to coincide with your cycle Weaknesses - need friendlier and more compassionate staff members (they have been professional but it would help if they would learn to treat others as they would want to be treated!)...Seemed like I was getting the "run around" so to speak, with getting results and pre work up, prior to beginning the IUI process.
Write down any questions you may have ahead of time.
Due to a successful IUI in the past, we have followed what worked for me then. Letrozole 7.5 x 5 days (3 - 8.) F/U ultrasound and HCG trigger shot on or around day 12 and IUI on day 13 or 14 dependent upon the follicle size. I am on the third cycle of attempting IUI and no success thus far. No positive pregnancy tests. Our next step is to move on to IVF.
My interaction with the nursing staff (assuming they are nurses and not medical assistants) has mostly consisted of them placing me in a patient room. I've asked some of these staff members questions and they seem to have a limited knowledge. I have spoken to a couple of nurses over the phone who seem more educated, but I always have to leave a message and wait for a return call. I have been able to get my questions answered once I actually speak to a nurse.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths - financial information is provided up front (no surprises - which I appreciate) , have several satellite clinics which allow patients who do not live in Jacksonville a shorter drive at times, multiple doctors allow Saturday visits if needed to coincide with your cycle Weaknesses - need friendlier and more compassionate staff members (they have been professional but it would help if they would learn to treat others as they would want to be treated!)
U/S $125, urine test $10, IUI $390
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Jacksonville
I never had any issues with the nursing staff [at FIRM] - all were compassionate, helpful, and informative. I had a breakdown after my fourth failed IUI and they were super comforting and made me feel better that the journey was NOT over! They were right!... They are compassionate and have the same goal as you - to get you pregnant! You are treated as a human and not a number. Everything is designed specifically for you and changed based on your response to the medicine which is not the same at other clinics. I have never waited more than 10 minutes to see the doctors.
Dr. Winslow is VERY knowledgeable in infertility. While he is direct, I appreciated that because I did not want to waste my time or his. I wanted to get to the root of the problem and figure out the best course of action and he did just that. There was no sugar coating anything, which I also appreciated. I wanted to know the real facts - not only are you investing your money but also time and your emotions and I wanted to know what would work best for me to become pregnant. Dr. Winslow helped determine the cause of our infertility and because of that, we moved quickly. It was determined I had low AMH at 29 years old so time was of the essence. I am so glad I went to FIRM and saw Dr. Winslow - I would not change a thing!
If you are looking for someone who is not blunt and direct, choose another doctor within FIRM - all of the Doctors are FANTASTIC. Come prepared with questions - he is more than happy to answer any question you have!
I never felt like a number with FIRM. Dr. Winslow made sure the plan of action was created specifically for me and my response to medicine. There was no timeline stating you must have your egg retrieval on this date or you must transfer on this date - it was based on how I was responding and very fluid which I believe helped in the success of having a pregnancy.
We decided to start with IUI. Dr. Winslow suggested moving on to IVF if three IUI's were unsuccessful. I did my first two IUI's with Clomid and my second two with Letrozole. During this process is when my husband's sperm count dropped for no apparent reason. We attempted a fourth IUI, but it was canceled due to low counts. Obviously, this was out of our control. We moved to IVF. I was on 225iu of Gonal-F and 150iu of Menopur. I stimmed for 9 days (added Cetrotide after 4 or 5). I had my egg retrieval where they retrieved 21 eggs, 14 were fertilized using ICSI, and 10 made it to freeze and were sent off for PGS testing. Of those, 6 came back normal. I transferred one 5AA and it worked!
I never had any issues with the nursing staff - all were compassionate, helpful, and informative. I had a breakdown after my fourth failed IUI and they were super comforting and made me feel better that the journey was NOT over! They were right!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I would never go anywhere else other than FIRM. I absolutely loved the doctors (I have seen each doctor there) and the rest of the staff. They are compassionate and have the same goal as you - to get you pregnant! You are treated as a human and not a number. Everything is designed specifically for you and changed based on your response to the medicine which is not the same at other clinics. I have never waited more than 10 minutes to see the doctors.
2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Winslow is a great doctor. He cares about his patients and demonstrates this at every appointment. Throughout the course of my treatment Dr. Winslow was the only doctor I was seen by, even if my appointment fell on a weekend. He has always been accommodating and understanding about my busy work schedule. During every appointment Dr. Winslow would ask how I felt or if I had noticed a different reaction to the medication. This helped me feel like I wasn't just another patient. I do think his bedside manner is different. He does not sugar coat information nor does he dwell on bad news. His character is definitely different; however I have learned to very much appreciate his sincerity and his sense of humor.
The nursing staff here [FL Institute for Reproductive Medicine] are amazing. They are compassionate and understanding of how painful fertility treatments can be. All blood work was completed by nurses but my appointments were always conducted by Dr. Winslow. The nurses were great at explaining medicine administration and timing when starting a new protocol.... This clinic has several sites. I attend the one in downtown Jacksonville, which is inside Baptist Health hospital. It is a beautiful clinic with a roomy waiting area full of comfy couches. It is always clean and quiet.
Ask a lot of questions. Dr. Winslow will answer any question you have; however, he will not ask questions for you. You have to do your research and bring up the topic if you want to know more about it. I would advise others to not be quick to judge his demeanor. He is a sweet person and he cares.
Dr. Winslow asked at the end of all appointments if I had any questions about the plan for medications, this made me feel like he was interested in how I felt not just being another patient at the clinic.
I was on an agonist protocol with minimal dosages. I reacted very well to this protocol and had good results as far as follicle growth. Ongoing treatment.
The nursing staff here are amazing. They are compassionate and understanding of how painful fertility treatments can be. All blood work was completed by nurses but my appointments were always conducted by Dr. Winslow. The nurses were great at explaining medicine administration and timing when starting a new protocol.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance has covered most of our treatment until now (ongoing treatment). All acquired costs have been for medications paid directly to pharmacy.

2013 - 2016, Successful
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
He [Dr. Michael Freeman] is up to date on the latest research and techniques and very knowledgeable. He took on my case and never gave up on me despite me being a very difficult case...Dr. Freeman takes his time to make sure you fully understand all options in your treatment. He never seems rushed or like you are bothering him with questions. I always did a lot of research and had a ton of questions and he always addressed every concern or question or crazy idea I had with compassion and a well thought out answer. He performed several surgeries on me and he was very good at calming me down and sitting down with my husband to make sure he fully understood what was going on as well.
FIRM is a well oiled machine. They have been around a long time and have it down to a science. While you may not see your doctor at every visit, they do make sure that you see your doctor the majority of the time...The doctors meet each day as a group to discuss the patients currently on the case load so that they are all on the same page if you happen to see a doctor that is not your primary. Doctors (not nurses) perform every ultrasound and procedure...The costs at FIRM are 10-15% lower than the National Average. An IUI will run around 700-800 (including meds),. The three cycle IVF plan is around 15,000. There are several partial refund guarantee programs as well.
How was your experience with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I always felt like I was in good hands with Dr. Freeman. He is up to date on the latest research and techniques and very knowledgeable. He took on my case and never gave up on me despite me being a very difficult case. I had a lot of things going against me (diminished ovarian reserve, blocked tubes, repeated ectopic pregnancies, miscarriage, uterine issues, MTHFR) and he never gave me the impression that there was no hope. He also has a great sense of humor that put my husband and I at ease.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Come ready with questions. He will address them all and make you feel more comfortable with the process.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Michael Freeman used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My AMH is non-existent. At 34 years old, I had the AMH of a 40 year old. Dr. Freeman said that because I was young, he knew there were good eggs but that the quantity was very low. Because of this, he started IVF with the highest doses of meds possible. I only got 9 eggs and only 2 of them made it to day 3. We transferred both. That ended in a negative pregnancy test. Dr. Freeman gave me the option of a more natural IVF cycle with my own eggs, or a donor cycle. We decided to move straight to donor eggs. In both of my donor egg cycles, I got pregnant. But in the first it was a singular ectopic and in the second I had a twin pregnancy with one ectopic in the tube and the other a miscarriage in the uterus. He removed a tube and also did a resection on the opening between the tube and the uterus. Dr. Freeman performed the surgeries both times. He then ran a full panel of tests for reoccurring loss and discovered I had MTHFR and that I wasn't properly absorbing folic acid. He prescribed me a special form of prenatal and an extra folic acid tablet that my body would be able to better metabolize. After this I was able to get pregnant naturally.
The nurses at FIRM are all amazing. They always give you a same day call back. They are available and on call nights and weekends. They bring you in on the same day if you have any concerns. Instructions for shots and medicines are given thoroughly. They are understanding of the stress of infertility and dealt really well with me when I was emotional or stressed.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
FIRM is a well oiled machine. They have been around a long time and have it down to a science. While you may not see your doctor at every visit, they do make sure that you see your doctor the majority of the time. They are opened early in the morning and on weekends so they are working around your schedule and cycle and not the other way around. They have many different offices in the area so it is very convenient. The doctors meet each day as a group to discuss the patients currently on the case load so that they are all on the same page if you happen to see a doctor that is not your primary. Doctors (not nurses) perform every ultrasound and procedure.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe Michael Freeman's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
In 2014, Dr. Freeman transferred 2 embryos. But I know that now him and the clinic prefer a single embryo transfer.
Jacksonville

What I value most is that while being supportive and positive, he [Dr. Michael Freeman] managed not to give me false hopes and managed my expectations as best as possible. He always kept me informed what is to happen and why and what are my chances for success based on my medical history and age according to statistical data and his opinion as a doctor. He always stressed on the fact that while there is correlation between certain facts, individual patients results may widely vary, so that results of treatment can always be somewhat unpredictable. Another aspect that I appreciate is that I never had to wait more than 5 min to be seen. For
The time I spend in his [Dr. Michael Freeman] office [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] on average was no more than 30 minutes, but it was time well spent, as he is right to the point. For my 4 IUI, I was sometimes monitored from a nurse, but most of the time I saw the doctor. However, once I began IVF treatments, I was always, always seen by the doctor. Finally, it is important to note that the rest of the staff is as efficient as possible and very supportive in helping me with everything from direction on administering medications, to promptly sending prescriptions to the pharmacy of my choice to billing and scheduling.
He and his practice are extremely attentive to their patients needs. What I value most is that while being supportive and positive, he managed not to give me false hopes and managed my expectations as best as possible. He always kept me informed what is to happen and why and what are my chances for success based on my medical history and age according to statistical data and his opinion as a doctor. He always stressed on the fact that while there is correlation between certain facts, individual patients results may widely vary, so that results of treatment can always be somewhat unpredictable. Another aspect that I appreciate is that I never had to wait more than 5 min to be seen. For a working professional as me, it was extremely important that I am in and out as fast as possible so to take care of my other responsibilities. The time I spend in his office on average was no more than 30 minutes, but it was time well spent, as he is right to the point. For my 4 IUI, I was sometimes monitored from a nurse, but most of the time I saw the doctor. However, once I began IVF treatments, I was always, always seen by the doctor. Finally, it is important to note that the rest of the staff is as efficient as possible and very supportive in helping me with everything from direction on administering medications, to promptly sending prescriptions to the pharmacy of my choice to billing and scheduling.
His bedside manner is impeccable. Personal attention is highly valued and provided. Candid and delicate in managing my expectations.
First I had the standard comprehensive blood work done in addition to a ultrasound examination of all my fertility organs. My husband had a semen analysis done and those results came back normal as well. After all results came back normal, I was prescribed to perform HSG for tubal infertility. The result from that showed open tubes. As no medical issue was found I was recommended to start on Chlomid and perform IUI. We did 4 cycles of IUI with negative pregnancy results. After that I was informed that statistically speaking the treatment that would give me highest chances of getting pregnant was IVF. Thus we pursued with our first IVF cycle. My medical insurance did not cover fertility so I took a personal loan. The cycle cost me with medication about $15,000. I am a low responder to fertility medicines, so I had to stay on the highest dosage possible for the longest period of time possible to be able to produce 7 eggs out of which 5 were retrieved and 3 fertilized and grew to become day 5 embryos. We chose to transfer just 1 embryo in order to avoid possible multiples pregnancy. The result was negative pregnancy. A month later, we attempted a second try. My employer had swetched insurance providers and my new insurance covered infertility treatments up to 25K with 10% copay and 3K deductible. This is the only reason, I was able to afford this second try. However, halfway through the cycle, the doctor discovered that I would maybe produce just one or two viable eggs and advised me to cancel the cycle and try again next month. This is exactly what we did. I had to buy again more medications to replenish the ones I had used up to that point in my second attempt. We started again in March 2016 for our 3rd and last attempt. I was able to produce 6 eggs and 4 were retrieved and 3 fertilized to become day 5 embryos. This time around we were advised to transfer 2 and we did. I am currently 9 weeks pregnant with 1 baby to come on Christmas day, 2016 :)
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is clean and the staff is very organized, attentive and friendly. During my course of treatment I have visited a total of 3 of their offices, 2 in Jacksonville and the one in Daytona Beach and my experience in all three was exactly the same.
Each IUI cycle cost around $500. IVF cost for not insured patients start at $6,000 but with assisted hatching and assisted fertilization, preservationist of embryos not used the price went up to $8,000. The majority of the medications were bought overseas from www.ivfmeds.com which saved some money, but with the dosage adjusted to the highest dosage after the first 2 monitoring visits on the first cycle and total days on medication adjusted from average of 10days to (in my specific case) to 14days and not enough time to order more to be shipped from overseas, I had to purchase a lot in the US, so my total cost was about $6,000 just for medications per cycle.
2 Embryo Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Duffy is compassionate and competent and kind. He was friendly and supportive and treated me like a partner in the IVF process. He was a good listener, and took the time to answer my questions. I also really appreciate his willingness to think "outside of the box" when it came to my IVF protocol.... 1) testosterone cream for a few weeks before starting the cycle to improve egg quality. 2)Follistim and Cetrotide, relatively high doses because of diminished ovarian reserve. 3) HGH for egg quality 4) Genetic testing of embryos 5)Endometrial receptivity array (which I really ended up benefitting from)
Strengths: The clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is relatively small which helps the patient feel known. Everyone was professional, supportive, and kind. Weaknesses: They are a busy clinic and sometimes it took a little while to hear back from a nurse.... The nursing staff was consistent, kind, and competent. I felt like I was in very good hands. They were also relatively responsive to questions and even helped me located some medication for a lower price.
Know that you most likely won't see him for every appointment, but the other doctors in the practice are very competent and professional. I honestly had very positive experiences with every single person.
Prior to going to Dr. Duffy at FIRM, I had received fertility treatments at Weill-Cornell in NYC and at the Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania in Philadelphia. At both of those places, I started out expecting to be treated like a human because my first encounters with the doctors at those places went well. But they were busy, and disorganized and didn't seem at all motivated to make adjustments to my protocol when their "cookie cutter" approaches didn't result in me getting pregnant. I felt like they viewed me as a failed case, and seemed to kind of lose interest in me as a patient. At first I was angry, then I was devastated. When I got the courage to reach out to Dr. Duffy and make an appointment, I went expecting more of the same. I had decided that I needed to adjust my expectations and anticipate that I would always feel like a number. But I was pleasantly surprised; he spent time looking over my records, listened closely to my story, and immediately suggested things we could do differently. He made me a part of the decision-making process and took the time to explain why he was suggesting certain things. From that point on, the nurses and other physicians in the practice were consistently professional, responsive, and caring. There were moments when I needed to push back and track nurses down for information, but at no point in the process did I feel abandoned or dropped. I felt supported all the way through the retrieval, the testing, and the transfer. And because I lived several states away, Dr. Duffy coordinated with a local RE to help ensure I got all of the necessary testing and support until it was time for me to find an OB.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths: The clinic is relatively small which helps the patient feel known. Everyone was professional, supportive, and kind. Weaknesses: They are a busy clinic and sometimes it took a little while to hear back from a nurse.
Cost of a cycle: $6500 Cost of medications: $3500 Cost of PGS: $2000 Cost of endometiral receptivity array: $1000
Describe Daniel Duffy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My doctor did not have a strong preference in my case because of my age and because I had a very limited number of embryos to transfer after PGS testing (only two). He said he would support me in transferring two if that was what I wanted to do.
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
In the clinic with Freeman I felt like I was just working through the protocols set in place but it was not tailored to my condition. I don't even know why we would have done an IUI...I felt him to be overworked and felt the process was redundant to him...I wish he would have been more aggressive with me considering my age and low OR. Question everything. If you are like me then why would you try IUI? Question that. At my age I don't have time to spend 3 years with your protocol.
For example during IUI - the doc [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] who performed was perfectly fine making the call my 1 follical was ok to inseminate. But then in the consult with Freeman he disagreed and said he would have wanted more to perform an IUI. I felt - well I would have rather you canceled then have me spend $5500 to find that out. I lost all hope and faith that day. That is when I moved clinics...
Someone who had a sucessfull IVF and good experience with Freeman recommended me so I went in hopeful. Maybe we just didn't jive which I know happens. I felt him to be overworked and felt the process was redundant to him. When he did the first labs on me I was totally overwhelmed. I was told my AMH was low, below normal but not really what that meant. For the longest time I thought I was unexplained infertility but not until I saw my new clinic did I understand that I was diminished ovarian reserve and then later I had stage 3.5-4 Endo. In the clinic with Freeman I felt like I was just working through the protocols set in place but it was not tailored to my condition. I don't even know why we would have done an IUI. Then the fact that I never saw him for treatment - it was a revolving door here and every time I felt as if I was taking steps back in my treatment plan b/c only Freeman knew my condition. For example during IUI - the doc who performed was perfectly fine making the call my 1 follical was ok to inseminate. But then in the consult with Freeman he disagreed and said he would have wanted more to perform an IUI. I felt - well I would have rather you canceled then have me spend $5500 to find that out. I lost all hope and faith that day. That is when I moved clinics...
Someone I know loved Freeman and was successful with getting pregnant so my experience is different then another. He never brought up Endo to me so that concerns me deeply - go in knowing what to ask. I was new in my journey and just trusted he would take me there but that didn't happen. I wish he would have been more aggressive with me considering my age and low OR. Question everything. If you are like me then why would you try IUI? Question that. At my age I don't have time to spend 3 years with your protocol.
I only saw Dr. Freeman during consults - otherwise it was a swinging door of who was treating me and as the other doctors came in who were partners I knew they didn't know anything about me but was just there to perform the procedure. I know this b/c during my IUI I asked the doctor about my possible results and he said it depends on my condition - so he didn't even know anything about me.
Labs were ordered as what is normal and then discussed with me. Treatment plan was not necessarily a plan but seemed like a protocol for everyone. I didn't even get anything written down. A friend of mine who had been treated elsewhere seemed way more educated in the process and what to expect. It was not that organized here - just here is some literature.
I didn't have much experience with nursing staff - I just thought they were MA's? And when I had questions they seemed confused or not willing to help.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
There was a women doctor here with a German name that was amazing. But they rotate doctors so I could never make it work - and I had a flexible schedule at the time. I don't feel it's organized here and patient centered. Rotating door of docs would be ok if I felt like they took time to read my file before coming in the room or consult before performing a procedure they disagreed on. They have flexible hours to come in for things and weekend visits. That was helpful.
IUI $5500

2015, Unsuccessful
IUI With Other Docs
Donor Eggs With Other Docs
I never met Dr. Winslow. I only talked to him on the phone. He was supposed to be my doctor and did all of the perscrbing, ect. When we went to Florida I always met with a different doctor. I am not sure what else to say. I never met the man. I only talked to him on the phone one a couple of different occasions.... On our second transfer we were told by doctor Winslow that the embryos would be allowed to develop and then transferred on day 5. When we talked to the other doctor and the nurse we were told that the transfer would take place on day 3 instead.
The embryo transfer [at FL Institute for Reproductive Med] was interesting. I was able to watch the transfer of the fluid containing the embryos on the ultrasound, but was never shown the actual embryos in a photo or on a monitor linked to the microscope like I had been shown at another clinic. They didn't allow my husband to be with me.during either embryo transfer.
I am not sure I never met the man. I guess I would ask him up.front if you would ever see him again or if you traveled their if you would have the opportunity to actually meet him in person.
We worked with this clinic mostly over the phone. The nurse donor nurse was very hard to get ahold of. Both times we traveled to Florida for transfers we met with a totally different doctor than the one I talked to on the phone. During the transfer I was shown the ultra sound where the fluid containing the embryo was placed, but I was never shown the actual embryo like I had been shown at another clinic. My husband was told he had to stay in the lobby and wasn't present during the transfer.
We did two IVF cycles with frozen embryos. The embryos were donor embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Nan Harris)
Nan Harris seemed ok. She was just difficult to get ahold of.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic seemed like a.nice clean well run clinic. The other doctor we met with face to face was nice and friendly. The embryo transfer was interesting. I was able to watch the transfer of the fluid containing the embryos on the ultrasound, but was never shown the actual embryos in a photo or on a monitor linked to the microscope like I had been shown at another clinic. They didn't allow my husband to be with me.during either embryo transfer.
About $4,000 for frozen embryo transfer with donor embryos
Both times we transferred 2 embryos. That seemed to be standard procedure with donor embryos.
2012 - 2013, Successful
Dr. Winslow is warm but very factual and doesn't mince words. You have to be prepared for that. They see a lot of patients so you also have to be ready to be seen by several doctors in his practice. They were all wonderful.... I traveled to Florida to be treated in his clinic. He was charming, direct, realistic, etc. I went to see him three times and he remembered me well, and treated me like I wasn't an impossible case, but was also clear about the biological reality of getting pregnant at 40.
The last time I was at the clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Med], the décor wasn't particularly inviting and the front desk staff kept their space closed off from the waiting room. That was the only weakness. Their strengths are many. They are willing to work with out of state patients and OBGYNs to monitor the stimulation. The nurse coordinator also provides clear information on what is needed and where to get cheaper medication.
Dr. Winslow was very warm with me. I came from out of town and he remembered that every time I saw him it was storming in Jacksonville so he joked with me about that. He was very flexible about the schedule, as he was working with my local OBGYN to monitor my response to the injections. We had to change the schedule of my trip and go to a different location in his practice (Jacksonville Beaches office) because I got ahead of schedule. He introduced me to other doctors in his practice that were also involved in my treatment. I had two IVF with egg retrievals done in his clinic. These were three transfers. After the third one, I got pregnant and had a healthy daughter. I recommended them to a friend, and she also got pregnant and had a healthy son. We both recommend the clinic blindly to anyone.
I went to see Dr. Winslow after having a bad experience with a local RE. I traveled to Florida to be treated in his clinic. He was charming, direct, realistic, etc. I went to see him three times and he remembered me well, and treated me like I wasn't an impossible case, but was also clear about the biological reality of getting pregnant at 40. He could joke around a bit, and put me at ease. He knew exactly what he wanted to do with me.
I did one IVF with a local RE and Dr. Winslow had that as a reference when he started my treatment. He increased the dosage of Menopur and gave me Bravelle rather than Folistim. He had me on progesterone injections daily after transfer as well. During the second IVF, he adjusted the doses of Menopur and Bravelle, since my ovaries were stimulated rather quickly during the first IVF. It worked and I conceived after the first transfer in the second IVF. He had me in progesterone injections and then Crinone until the placenta was producing its own progesterone.
All nurses were very nice and personable. They were all very professional. The Nurse Anesthetist in particular was wonderful. They had great bedside manner and great medical skills as well.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The last time I was at the clinic, the décor wasn't particularly inviting and the front desk staff kept their space closed off from the waiting room. That was the only weakness. Their strengths are many. They are willing to work with out of state patients and OBGYNs to monitor the stimulation. The nurse coordinator also provides clear information on what is needed and where to get cheaper medication. When different REs have to take care of different parts of the process, they always came well informed about the particulars of my case. The nurses were always caring and willing to work with the patients when there were issues.
IVF cost about $8000, including ICSI. The clinic gives you a discounted rate for second and third IVFs. My second IVF was approximately $7200. None of these rates include medication.
The doctor was clear in the risk of transferring multiple embryos. However, he took into consideration my history when deciding on how many embryos to transfer and ultimately we decided together to transfer more than one.

2019 - 2021, Unknown Success
Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Duffy is very smart and very confident. He is willing to spend extra time with you to help you feel comfortable with the process. Sometimes he does talk very fast, so you do have to pay close attention and ask questions. He is very easy to deal with and I felt very good being treated by him...Sometimes he is overly optimistic about the timing or scheduling to get you in, but you have to double check with his nurses because they are the ones that really know more in this area.
They [FIRM- Jacksonville] are very busy. So you cannot get in as quickly as you might want. They are very professional, knowledgeable, and organized with the process. They are reasonable with prices compared to other facilities...The nurses are very knowledgeable and responsive and always return my phone calls.
Dr. Duffy spends a lot of time answering your questions and goes into good detail. He is very caring and you can tell he really supports you and wants to help you get the outcome that you want.
First I had a surgery with Dr. Duffy. He diagnosed me with uterine fibroids. Now I am in the process of freezing my eggs. So far he has prescribed me with Menopur, Cetrotide, Gonal F, and Lupron trigger.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are very busy. So you cannot get in as quickly as you might want. They are very professional, knowledgeable, and organized with the process. They are reasonable with prices compared to other facilities.
Egg cryopreservation was 7,950 included everything except meds. The medications were almost 4,000 from the pharmacy I used.
I have not made it to this step.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Erb spoke candidly about goals and expectations but was always willing to offer personal insight and advice to help through difficult times...We initially had thorough work up and testing with labs, HSG, and even MRI. After initial lack is success with IUI, she understood and supported our desire to move onto IVF...Strongly agree with Dr. Erb’s approach with single embryo transfer...
Wonderful staff with compassion. They [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] try to accommodate patients and their schedules whenever possible. Always happy to answer questions or listen to concerns. They respond very promptly to even after hours issues...They were very clear and upfront with costs...Strongly agree with Dr. Erb’s approach with single embryo transfer...
How was your experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I couldn’t be happier to not only recommend Dr. Erb to anyone even considering fertility treatment, but to also return for more treatment myself. My husband and I felt truly supported and heard throughout the process, even through the toughest of losses. We have been blessed with success and we look forward to the chance to expand our family with Dr. Erb’s assistance again!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
You won’t regret calling FIRM and meeting with Dr. Erb. She is highly knowledgeable and very compassionate.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Teresa Erb used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We initially had thorough work up and testing with labs, HSG, and even MRI. After initial lack is success with IUI, she understood and supported our desire to move onto IVF. After our early loss, she gave us the option to transfer our last healthy embryo or complete a simulated transfer cycle to ensure we weren’t missing any possible contributing factors to our miscarriage.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Wonderful staff with compassion. They try to accommodate patients and their schedules whenever possible. Always happy to answer questions or listen to concerns. They respond very promptly to even after hours issues.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Certainly not cheap, but thorough care made the costs seem reasonable. They were very clear and upfront with costs.
Describe Teresa Erb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strongly agree with Dr. Erb’s approach with single embryo transfer
Teresa Erb

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Duffy] spent a lot of time with me answering all my questions. He always made sure I was comfortable with the procedure. He has a great bedside manner...When I first saw Dr. Duffy I had very larger fibroids. Dr. Duffy was able to preserve my fertility. The other doctors I had consults with were talking about a hysterotomy. He was very skilled and was able to remove all 11 of my fibroids and keep my uterus intact...
The nurses [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were knowledgeable and helpful. They were kind and always answered my questions. Sometimes they get busy and don't always call you back...The clinic is very busy. They have lots of patients. Slots fill up quickly, so be prepared for that. They store the eggs you freeze on site, which is convenient. Everyone is very friendly and the office environment is nice....
Take notes during the appointment. He goes over a lot of information and it is hard to remember it all.
He spent a lot of time with me answering all my questions. He always made sure I was comfortable with the procedure. He has a great bedside manner.
Now, I am in the start of the egg freezing process with him. He wanted me to get a myomectomy first and then proceed to the egg freezing. He also suggested I freeze embryo and not just my eggs due to my age. He thought that would give my more of a chance at success when I come back to unfreeze.
The nurses were knowledgeable and helpful. They were kind and always answered my questions. Sometimes they get busy and don't always call you back.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The egg freezing with my eggs and with an embryo is 10,050. The medicine was an additional 4,000.
I have not done this.
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Duffy was very thorough and knowledgable with his fertility information education. He asked us lots of personal questions, why we were there and what we wanted to accomplish. He set a treatment plan that seemed to work with what information we knew for ourselves...[protocol] Clomid and Letrazole for 5 days on period day 3. Day 10, Ultrasound, ovulation booster shot and progesterone meds, followed by IUI on day 12.
The nursing staff [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was very friendly and warm. Made myself and husband feel comfortable and like we mattered...The wait times can be lengthy. There is a little feeling of rushing through the appointments but don't know what else to expect for them...[clinic error]Had bloodwork done early in process but doctor never saw it to review before first cycle procedure.
Dr Duffy is very smart, educated and passionate about fertility. It shows in his detailed communication at each meeting. He does tend to talk fast and a lot so asking questions and getting clarity is important.
Make sure to ask questions whenever you have them. Its easy to leave an appointment without asking anything because of the trust and open ears when he is talking, you tend to forget.
Dr Duffy was very thorough and knowledgable with his fertility information education. He asked us lots of personal questions, why we were there and what we wanted to accomplish. He set a treatment plan that seemed to work with what information we knew for ourselves.
The nursing staff was very friendly and warm. Made myself and husband feel comfortable and like we mattered.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic seems very busy which is good in that they have a good rep. The wait times can be lengthy. There is a little feeling of rushing through the appointments but don't know what else to expect for them.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Had bloodwork done early in process but doctor never saw it to review before first cycle procedure. I had to ask about it. Front desk lady added some bloodwork tests to work order but didnt seem to know for sure if they were needed or not.
Jacksonville

I’m still at the beginning stages of IVF, but so far he [Dr. Winslow] has been very helpful and has helped us understand what will come next. He’s not the warmest doctor, but he really seems to know his stuff. (Which is more important in my opinion). ... He seemed to have a fairly standard starting point with my age and diagnosis, but depending on the ultrasounds was able to adapt if needed.
Because this is a Jacksonville based office [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine], there are limited openings in Tallahassee which is a bit annoying. ... It did take some time for them to send in some prescriptions. They did know I was waiting a while before needing them, but I had to request they send them again so I could get a price quote. It took them several weeks to take care of this. ... This also delays when payments are taken, so budget accordingly - or call the JAX office to pay over the phone. But overall they are on top of things and make things as easy as possible for you. ...
I’m still at the beginning stages of IVF, but so far he has been very helpful and has helped us understand what will come next. He’s not the warmest doctor, but he really seems to know his stuff. (Which is more important in my opinion).
Be aware that you will have some travel to the JAX office but only for the transfer and retrieval, and possibly a weekend ultrasound and blood draw.
He is very much to the point, but not in a way that’s rude. He wanted to get things going for us as soon as possible.
They are amazing! Best staff I’ve worked with so far.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Because this is a Jacksonville based office, there are limited openings in Tallahassee which is a bit annoying. This also delays when payments are taken, so budget accordingly - or call the JAX office to pay over the phone. But overall they are on top of things and make things as easy as possible for you.
$500 for the IVF consultation. Then about $10,000 for one round of IVF.
Jacksonville

[Dr. Kevin Winslow] is a great Doctor, he answered all my questions in a timely manner. What ever I needed he took the time out to do it...he knows exactly what he is doing...was put on menopur and centroids for a couple weeks after stopping birth control then I was also put on gonal around the second week the after taking the shots after a couple weeks I was put on an antibiotic before egg retrieval now I’m just waiting to start estrodiol then have the transfer
The whole staff [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is great.... they treat their patients with respect they answer all your questions they are very quick to call back...they say their patients comes first. I have seen two other 4 other Doctors besides Dr. Winslow because me having to go in on weekends so the Doctors rotate and the all are so nice...Very clean and fast never waited on the waiting room over 15 minutes...
The whole staff is great.... they treat their patients with respect they answer all your questions they are very quick to call back...they say their patients comes first. I have seen two other 4 other Doctors besides Dr. Winslow because me having to go in on weekends so the Doctors rotate and the all are so nice. I wish I would have went to this Doctor first
You could never go wrong with Dr. Winslow because he knows exactly what he is doing.
He is a great Doctor, he answered all my questions in a timely manner. What ever I needed he took the time out to do it.
I was put on menopur and centroids for a couple weeks after stopping birth control then I was also put on gonal around the second week the after taking the shots after a couple weeks I was put on an antibiotic before egg retrieval now I’m just waiting to start estrodiol then have the transfer
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Parker R.N.)
Very very good I only seen her twice and talked on the phone with her 3 times
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Very clean and fast never waited on the waiting room over 15 minutes they are on 1 big floor by themselves... while going to check size and numbers of embryos I was in office maybe 30 minutes ago...very easy to get medicine and if I needed extra they was always on it
8,900 not including medications. Medications are paid directly to the pharmacy
He stated that he will transfer one or two of my frozen embryos
Jacksonville

Dr. Kari seems to care about you and she seems to say all the right things until your next appointment when you realize she says exact same things like a recording machine again. I think she could of adjusted some details after first unsuccessful IUI, but we proceeded right to the second one with the same “program “
After 2 failed IUI they [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] had never called me to find out how I’m doing. I don’t even think they are aware the both IUIs failed ... They increased the price of IUI 2 days before my actual IUI appointment and conveniently forgot to tell me that ... I told the doctor and nurses several times that I think it’s too early to schedule an IUI because my opk was not even close to positive, yet they game me hcg injections and proceed with IUI the very next day.
How was your experience with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Take control in your hands!! You are the owner of your body! If you just need the doc to perform a procedure go there, but if you’re new to the whole thing, I would look for someone else
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Kari Sproul von Goeben used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr. Kari treated me as a perfect book patient, who ovulate on day 14. Every single visit she would give me a pregnancy test to pee on just to make sure I’m not pregnant and then charge me like $15 for it. She also did not care much about my schedule
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s hard to get seen by the male doctor, who I think actually started the clinic. Dr. Kari is the one who gets all new clients. After 2 failed IUI they had never called me to find out how I’m doing. I don’t even think they are aware the both IUIs failed
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
$500 for IUI, $150 copay for every visit, ultrasound 300
Kari Sproul von Goeben

IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Freeman took the time to explain things and hear us in on our feelings regarding medicated vs unmedicated cycles and the need for surgery due to a blocked tube. He was very personable.... He was thorough and candid. We always left feeling like we understood what our options were and felt great with what the doctor recommended. He would even draw pictures to help us understand. Dr. Freeman makes the process feel more comfortable and hopeful.
[Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine was] Super warm and welcoming. LGBT friendly. Quick to return phone calls and they have great availability. Everyone I’ve encountered from doctors, to nursing, to billing, and scheduling are all fantastic and easy to talk to.... [Nursing Staff was] Always super warm and welcoming. I’ve never felt so comfortable in a doctors office.... Dr. Freeman took the time to explain things and hear us in on our feelings regarding medicated vs unmedicated cycles
Be straight forward with your questions and concerns.
Dr. Freeman recommended laparoscopic surgery for removal of my left tube due to hydrosalpinx. I was hesitant and wanted to try a few rounds first. After a few ultrasounds, it became evident that my tube would cause more issues than I anticipated. I never felt pressured t the surgery. He trusted that I knew what was best and when the time came to decide on surgery, he remained supportive. He also recommended natural cycles for us since my labs and ovulation are normal.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
$35 co pay with insurance.
Jacksonville
He’s amazing! He [Dr. Duffy] takes time to talk to us. He’s always ready to discuss next steps. When our first iui wasn’t successful he adjusted all of my doses and the time frame. He was definitely trying to solve the issue. We are excited to complete our first ivf procedure within the next couple months.... After the blood results came back Dr Duffy stayed he would have never diagnosed me with that and the medication was a waste. He’s adjusted every cycle so I would become pregnant!
It [FL Inst Repro Med]is in the Baptist south hospital on the 5 floor. The office is extremely clean and welcoming. They have magazines, sanitizer, music, and a restroom. When you walk in you sign in and then wait for them to call you. I also appreciate that they black out a patients name once you are checked in.... They [nursing staff] are amazing. They are friendly. It’s a stressful time and they ease the pain by understanding and helping you right away.
He’s amazing! He takes time to talk to us. He’s always ready to discuss next steps. When our first iui wasn’t successful he adjusted all of my doses and the time frame. He was definitely trying to solve the issue. We are excited to complete our first ivf procedure within the next couple months.
Ask him anything you are wondering . He will give you an honest answer.
They are very friendly in the office. Every time we have gone he speaks to us and takes time to explain what is going on. He’s never been in a hurry, so I feel like he’s very genuine.
He completed so much bloodwork for me at first. A precious doctor (brown fertility) diagnosed me with PCOS. After the blood results came back Dr Duffy stayed he would have never diagnosed me with that and the medication was a waste. He’s adjusted every cycle so I would become pregnant!
They are amazing. They are friendly. It’s a stressful time and they ease the pain by understanding and helping you right away.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It is in the Baptist south hospital on the 5 floor. The office is extremely clean and welcoming. They have magazines, sanitizer, music, and a restroom. When you walk in you sign in and then wait for them to call you. I also appreciate that they black out a patients name once you are checked in.
Each iui procedure was $395.00.
Jacksonville
We [with Dr. Kari Sproul von Goeben] did first round with letrozole/Gemara as I have PCOS and they said women with PCOS can have a better reaction with those drugs vs Clomid. Day 12 came and the eggs weren’t we they needed to be so we started clomid instead. Came back and then did timed intercourse. The 2nd two times we did clomid with timed intercourse (150mg/day for 9 days) and this round we are following the same rx but going to try for an IUI
I like that they [FL Institute for Reproductive Med- Jacksonville] have weekend hours and lay out most pricing online so you can plan for visits. The south campus staff is who I normally talk to and they are all wonderful. The downtown office is also really great, everyone’s been really supportive... They are so wonderful. I was traveling M-F for my first 3 cycles and they were always helpful when I called in with questions and trying to get me scheduled around my travel schedule
She’s very understanding to the situation at hand and does her very best to explain options and success rates of the various options. I normally don’t have any hesitation in asking more questions or seeing if she has any explanations as to why something didn’t work.
Write down all your questions!
She remembered details from past visits and I feel like I’m a person not just a name on her list for the day
We did first round with letrozole/Gemara as I have PCOS and they said women with PCOS can have a better reaction with those drugs vs Clomid. Day 12 came and the eggs weren’t we they needed to be so we started clomid instead. Came back and then did timed intercourse. The 2nd two times we did clomid with timed intercourse (150mg/day for 9 days) and this round we are following the same rx but going to try for an IUI
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I like that they have weekend hours and lay out most pricing online so you can plan for visits. The south campus staff is who I normally talk to and they are all wonderful. The downtown office is also really great, everyone’s been really supportive
Insurance isn’t covering any of this so each ultrasound is $125. Pregnancy test is $10. Trigger shot is $115 (I think) if you administer them at home or $140 in the office?
Kari Sproul von Goeben
Jacksonville

ERA [performed by Dr. Theresa Erb]. Found that I needed 12 more hours of progesterone...know my hx, treat me with kindness and compassion and truly care about the outcome of my upcoming donor embryo FET...has been very upfront and honest with me. When I had concerns about continuing with a cycle due to a medication change not related to fertility she was on board. She has been more than willing to work we my, my schedule and my rheumatologist. I couldn't be happier.
$5400 for a donor embryo package [at FIRM]...They have a wonderful done embryo program...a wonderful clinic to date. When I speak to the Donor Embryo Coordinator & Dr. Erb they know my hx, treat me with kindness and compassion and truly care about the outcome of my upcoming donor embryo FET...Emma [nurse] does an excellent job with answering emails & returning phone calls. If she does not know the answer she will consult w/ the Dr & get back to me.
Dr. Erb has been very upfront and honest with me. When I had concerns about continuing with a cycle due to a medication change not related to fertility she was on board. She has been more than willing to work we my, my schedule and my rheumatologist. I couldn't be happier.
Be honest with her so that she can give you the best treatment plan available for your current situation.
FIRM has been a wonderful clinic to date. When I speak to the Donor Embryo Coordinator & Dr. Erb they know my hx, treat me with kindness and compassion and truly care about the outcome of my upcoming donor embryo FET.
ERA cycle: CD1 start 3 mg of estrace BID, CD 13 US and labs, CD 15 PIO injections & CD 19 ERA. Found that I needed 12 more hours of progesterone. Upcoming FET: BC until 10/3, Estrace 10/7, US 10/18, PIO 10/19 & FET scheduled for 10/25
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma Langley)
Emma does an excellent job with answering emails & returning phone calls. If she does not know the answer she will consult w/ the Dr & get back to me.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They have a wonderful done embryo program. I am very thankful for this program. If it weren't for their program I would not be getting a chance to be pregnant and have a child. I know from a friend that they also have a wonderful IVF program and a great clinic.
$5400 for a donor embryo package
Teresa Erb
Jacksonville
I felt like our consultation went well and we delved into good information, but after that I felt like appointments were rushed. ... Dr. Winslow is a no nonsense kind of guy. I love information and being straight to the point, but this is a very personal issue a ... I felt like a bother. Dr. Winslow seemed to push for IVF immediately and reluctantly did two IUIs at our request. ...
I saw the doctor at every visit which is great, but was extremely delayed during one procedure because no one told the doctor I was there. Overall the clinic [Florida Inst for Repro Med] is good, it's up to personal preference on how you like your doctor and their bedside manner. ... The nurses were always friendly and answered any questions I had. ... The office staff are nice
Dr. Winslow is obviously smart and trusted in his field. But details were not as readily given and I found myself doing lots of research on my own. I'm a confident, educated person but occasionally found myself feeling apprehensive to ask questions because I felt like a bother. Dr. Winslow seemed to push for IVF immediately and reluctantly did two IUIs at our request. There was preliminary testing for my husband and I, that's it. Only after switching doctors did we get more information into me possibly having PCOS combined with male factor infertility.
The office staff are nice and Dr. Winslow is a no nonsense kind of guy. I love information and being straight to the point, but this is a very personal issue and a little more compassion would have been greatly appreciated.
We were told IVF immediately but did 2 rounds of IUI. I was put on Femara prior to each insemination. Both were unsuccessful.
The nurses were always friendly and answered any questions I had.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic operates like a well oiled machine. I saw the doctor at every visit which is great, but was extremely delayed during one procedure because no one told the doctor I was there. Overall the clinic is good, it's up to personal preference on how you like your doctor and their bedside manner.
We spent approximately $1k per IUI procedure.
Jacksonville
Dr. Winslow was very helpful and the information he provided and his demeanor helped my husband and me to feel better throughout this process. He was also very honest and set realistic expectations with us which we appreciated very much...While Dr. Winslow is very thorough, sometimes it felt like the appointment went by fast...We are dealing with MFI. Dr. Winslow recommended we try 2-3 cycles of IUI with Femara, then move on to IVF with ICSI if these were not successful.
They [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] have always been very close to the actual appointment time when you are called back, not long waiting times. Parking is great with the new garage at the Baptist downtown location. All of their records flow between NE FL OBGYN if you use them, so that is nice as well. The doctors do rotate days so you might see different doctors on different days but the two I have worked with so far (Dr. Winslow and Dr. Ern) are both wonderful.
Write down any questions you may have beforehand so you won’t forget to ask. While Dr. Winslow is very thorough, sometimes it felt like the appointment went by fast.
Dr. Winslow took the time to explain everything to my husband and me thoroughly and discuss the options available to us.
We are dealing with MFI. Dr. Winslow recommended we try 2-3 cycles of IUI with Femara, then move on to IVF with ICSI if these were not successful. We are in the TWW after our first IUI at this time.
The nursing staff is extremely knowledgeable, professional, friendly, and helpful.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is professional. They have always been very close to the actual appointment time when you are called back, not long waiting times. Parking is great with the new garage at the Baptist downtown location. All of their records flow between NE FL OBGYN if you use them, so that is nice as well. The doctors do rotate days so you might see different doctors on different days but the two I have worked with so far (Dr. Winslow and Dr. Ern) are both wonderful.
The consultation was covered by our insurance, so we paid only a $10 copay. Each transvaginal US was $125 along with a $10 office fee I believe. The Femara Rx for 6 day’s was $0.31 with insurance. The IUI was $390.
N/A yet
Jacksonville

Dr. Winslow was very proactive with care regarding my egg retrieval. He was also very compassionate towards the next step but very clear with our action plan. We would 100% go see Dr. Winslow again if we are able to have another child through surrogacy....Dr. Winslow leaned towards SET and my husband and I along with our surrogate were comfortable with transferring two embryos. He agreed with our decision.
Weaknesses would be reviewing medication quantity before leaving. Strengths are quickly responding when we needed something or had questions. They [Florida Inst for Repro Med] also always took a great approach when something was not working.... Amy was amazing through every step. She gave me her cell phone number to contact her if it was after hours and was helpful in every way we needed her!
Be your own advocate make sure you understand instructions given.
We received more than just statistics we received emotional responses for questions we had.
I wasn’t responding right away with the medication given for my egg retrieval to produce additional follicles. He made the appropriate adjustments to make sure that I created more but did not over stimulate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy )
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Weaknesses would be reviewing medication quantity before leaving. Strengths are quickly responding when we needed something or had questions. They also always took a great approach when something was not working.
Our treatment cost was much higher due to having a surrogate for the process. We knew of cost before we went to Dr. Winslow.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I was running out of medication and there was a delay of the prescription being sent to the pharmacy. The pharmacy was able to get the prescription to me before I was completely out.