Daytona Beach
Tallahassee, FL 32224
850-354-5011
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207

Dr. Duffy was kind of like a "mad scientist!" He was also a realist, but in a caring way. He moved through the process quickly, but I never once felt like he didn't care....He explained every part of the process scientifically, so you'd sometimes have to ask the "softer" questions. You could tell he loves what he does from the science aspect. He talked quickly, so you'd have to jump in with your questions, but he'd always take time to answer and fully explain. At the same time though, he was warm and excited for his patients.
Caring, supportive, comforting - everything you'd want during such an emotional and overwhelming process. The clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is large, accessible, organized, clean, etc. Lot's of appointment options, two locations, flexible appointment hours, etc.... Their office advocates for single embryo transfers and we followed their guidance on this. We didn't push back or question.
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
See previous response. He was like a "mad scientist!" Think Christopher Lloyd from Back to the Future. He explained every part of the process scientifically, so you'd sometimes have to ask the "softer" questions. You could tell he loves what he does from the science aspect. He talked quickly, so you'd have to jump in with your questions, but he'd always take time to answer and fully explain. At the same time though, he was warm and excited for his patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Write your questions down in advance. He moves at a fast pace. This process can be overwhelming for those of us that are in it the first time, who are longing for a baby, who are paying out of pocket, etc. I think that is sometimes lost on him, but not in a non-caring way. He's just excited!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Daniel Duffy used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
4 IUIs 1 egg retrieval 1 frozen transfer PGS testing The practice strongly encourages transferring only one embryo.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Caring, supportive, comforting - everything you'd want during such an emotional and overwhelming process. The clinic is large, accessible, organized, clean, etc. Lot's of appointment options, two locations, flexible appointment hours, etc.
Describe Daniel Duffy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
IUI With Other Docs
I spoke with Dr. Winslow once on the phone and saw him on the day of the transfer. He was knowledgeable and had a good recommendation for my care. I was happy with my experience there. He was very willing to work with me remotely and as a single parent...He was not incredibly warm when I met him in person, but when I went into his office to talk about my embryos his office was covered from wall to wall with pictures of babies on Christmas cards (it was early Jan. when I went) from his patients. I teared up!
They [FL Ins Repro Med] are open to serving all patients. Their perspective on embryo donation is not rooted in religious values. They were easy to work with, even from 1,500 miles away....I worked remotely with Emma for several months and saw two other nurses for my transfer - they were all great. Emma is sweet and tolerant of as many questions as you can throw her way!...it was approximately $7,000 plus travel for the donor embryo transfer
How was your experience with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Everyone at the clinic was easy to work with. I worked with them remotely and flew in for a donor embryo transfer. It was a little strange to not feel established there, but they treated me very well.
Describe the protocols Kevin Winslow used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I did an embryo transfer...so just estrace, progesterone, and prenatal vitamins.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma )
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are open to serving all patients. Their perspective on embryo donation is not rooted in religious values. They were easy to work with, even from 1,500 miles away.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
it was approximately $7,000 plus travel for the donor embryo transfer
Describe Kevin Winslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
He was willing to take my input and weigh it with his recommendations - we made the decision together.

2014 - 2016, Successful
Dr Winslow isn't the warmest person. He often looked directly at my chart instead of at me. This was not off putting to me as I am an introvert by nature with a severe case of White Coat Syndrome. There was no BSing in the exam room. He got in there, he did what he needed to do and then he left but I never felt like he was rushed or annoyed with my questions. He was patient and kind and explanatory...
[FL Ins Repro Med] Strength: The doctors and nurses never made me feel like a science experiment. I was a patient with a health issue. Weakness: The procedure room was very small and my husband wasn't allowed in. It's very hard to lay there alone and I won't have loved to have him with me...The nursing staff at FIRM is excellent! They were efficient but attentive and they cared about my treatment and me. They didn't just ask how I was doing, they asked how I was feeling, how my emotions were holding up. They weren't just checking a box, they actually wanted to know.
Write everything down and ask questions if you don't understand because he will explain it again.
Dr Winslow was always straight up with us. He didn't give me stock answers or talk to me like I couldn't handle it or understand. He made things very clear, even when it wasn't something I wanted to hear.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
2016, Unknown Success
Dr.Duffy took personal time in his office with my husband and myself to discuss our steps.... Dr.Duffy was a kind and warm hearted doctor. He made me feel at ease during my procedure. Afterwards, we were welcomed into his office to discuss the next steps of the process. The only downfall was that the procedure was more painful than expected.... Be honest and open about your concerns. Dr.Duffy has a lot of information to share!
This is a very nice clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] with multiple locations. You are even able to get some bloodwork conducted in Georgia if needed.... Seemed like a typical nursing staff. However, I really appreciated their understanding of us running late as we got lost on the way.... I was disappointed with some things not being inclusive for the price. Having to come up with additional funds for pre transfer requirements was not easy.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This is a very nice clinic with multiple locations. You are even able to get some bloodwork conducted in Georgia if needed. I did have a hard time finding the location a few years back as they had just recently moved out of the hospital area. However, the staff was very understanding and told us not to rush. The office is very nice and neat. It could probably use a better magazine selection lol The doctor was very warm and friendly. Unfortunately the procedure was more painful than I expected. The doctor was very knowledgeable and invited us to discuss the plans in his office. I would recommend this clinic to friends and family
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.

2013 - 2014, Successful
I always felt important and like my concerns were being heard and addressed. Every time we had a set back Dr. Duffy was compassionate and pro active so that we didn't lose any ground. Everything was fully explained to me and if I had a question about something or needed it clarified he did it without hesitation...He really got to know me as a person not just another number. It makes you feel special that someone takes the time and really listens.
They have a lot of locations which is helpful, however that means the doctors have to travel between them. This can sometimes make it challenging to track down your doctor to be seen especially last minute....The entire nursing staff was wonderful. But I have to say Patty and the main office was so nice, informative, helpful, caring, and compassionate...I won a free cycle at one of their seminars. Then I had to pay for my FET later on.. Also the wait times can be alittle long, but that is because he [Dr. Duffy] does not rush his paitients and gives them the time they need.
if you have questions don't be afraid to ask and I used to write a list down before I went. Also the wait times can be alittle long, but that is because he does not rush his paitients and gives them the time they need.
I had to have surgery right before I started my ivf cycle for polyps. Then I did ivf with ICSI, transferred a fresh and froze the 4 remaining. I then went back for a FET and plan to go back again.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Mrs. Patty -downtown office )
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Jacksonville

My experience [with Dr. Kari Sproul von Goeben] has been wonderful. She makes me and my husband feel comfortable every time, easy to talk to and very caring. Every appointment she always explains , walks ya through next steps, etc. I would highly recommend her to anyone of my friends...If you are looking for a compassionate, yet knowledgeable doctor. She’s the one to go too!
One weakness [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] would be there billing returning phone calls to explain billing information. There strength would be very helpful, warm, caring, positive, and knowledgeable. They even help work around your work schedule...Around $800 each IUI cycle...My experience has been wonderful. She [Dr. von Goeben] makes me and my husband feel comfortable every time, easy to talk to and very caring.
How was your experience with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
My experience has been wonderful. She makes me and my husband feel comfortable every time, easy to talk to and very caring. Every appointment she always explains , walks ya through next steps, etc. I would highly recommend her to anyone of my friends.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I feel like a human with my Doctor. She’s the absolute best.
Describe the protocols Kari Sproul von Goeben used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
My husband and I are under the umbrella of unexplained infertility. Before going to Dr. Von Goeben we tried clomid twice through our GYNO and had an HSG test, all we clear. Unfortunately, the clomid didn’t work after over a year and half of trying a little help with clomid we decided to see a fertility specialist. First steps was bloodwork to check health and egg reserve which is normal. Next times was IUI we have that that four times with not success. Here we are 2.5 years later still trying to start a family. It’s very frustrating when my husband and I are health.
Wonderful!!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
One weakness would be there billing returning phone calls to explain billing information. There strength would be very helpful, warm, caring, positive, and knowledgeable. They even help work around your work schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Around $800 each IUI cycle

2019, Consult
Dr. Winslow is candid and blunt but does take the time to listen and talk with you instead of rushing through your concerns...We have male factor, PCOS, and a unicornuate uterus and he has not hesitated to let us know our risks...We have not gotten to IVF yet...For us, Dr. Winslow is adamant on only one embryo due to my uterine size but will twanged two at the request of the couple
[nurse of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] Very sweet and compassionate. They are willing to discuss things with you and are readily available for contact...[weakness]The hospital location however means that you cannot always get last minute appointments for procedures due to clearance...Costs are very upfront- you can find them on his website
Dr. Winslow is a great doctor who will not hold back his opinions. However he is a great listener and will talk with your concerns and issues without hesitation. We have male factor, PCOS, and a unicornuate uterus and he has not hesitated to let us know our risks.
He is dry and to the point but means well
We have not gotten to IVF yet but he will be very thorough with your testing
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The multiple locations are great. The hospital location however means that you cannot always get last minute appointments for procedures due to clearance. The Tallahassee office is an easy office to see and get to, it is my favorite
Costs are very upfront- you can find them on his website
For us, Winslow is adamant on only one embryo due to my uterine size but will twanged two at the request of the couple

2016 - 2019, Unsuccessful
Dr. Duffy is kind but factual. He was always straight with me without making me feel uncomfortable. I almost always was seen by Dr. Duffy himself and when I wasn't able to see him he made sure I was aware of whi I would be seeing and reassured me of their ability....I was given the facts for transferring 1 or 2. Dr Duffy was clear that it was mine and my husband's choice while also offering his professional opinion.
They [Florida Inst for Reproductive Med] have so many strengths. One that was important to me was accommodating my schedule by scheduling me between 2 different offices. The only weakness is how busy they are. Be prepared to be 10-15 minutes late to start your appointment.... The nurses were always personable, efficient, and knowledgeable. On several occasions they have gone out of their way to help accommodate me.
Ask questions. He will tell you what you need to know.
Duffy always referred to me and my husband by name and asked about our jobs and lives.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They have so many strengths. One that was important to me was accommodating my schedule by scheduling me between 2 different offices. The only weakness is how busy they are. Be prepared to be 10-15 minutes late to start your appointment.
I was fortunate enough to have won a free IVF cycle from FIRM. I paid for medications and anesthesia totaling approximately $6000.00
Jacksonville
Dr. Henne is extremely thorough and doesn’t miss a beat. She’s kind and has a wonderful bedside manner, but doesn’t sugar coat things. She never rushes through an appointment and makes sure all questions are answered before you leave.... Dr. Henne has completely changed my plan and put me on a batching cycle. Which means I’ll do 3 retrievals, freeze all embryos, send for testing, then transfer.
[Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine is] a huge office with many doctors, but it’s very individualized care. They have multiple locations, but I recommend the downtown location. I never waited long for any appointment. And they don’t weigh you at every appointment!... I have diminished ovarian reserve. My previous doctor never changed the protocol and immediately started talking about donor eggs. Dr. Henne has completely changed my plan and put me on a batching cycle. Which means I’ll do 3 retrievals, freeze all embryos, send for testing, then transfer.
How was your experience with Melinda Henne at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Melinda Henne at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Be patient and know that a long road means that she is covering all the bases to get you your baby.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Melinda Henne at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Even on her days off, she was always available via cell to answer questions. She called me personally from her office to give me updates.
Describe the protocols Melinda Henne used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Stephanie Parker )
Very friendly, know you by name
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s a huge office with many doctors, but it’s very individualized care. They have multiple locations, but I recommend the downtown location. I never waited long for any appointment. And they don’t weigh you at every appointment!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Melinda Henne at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
1 round of IVF was about $14,000.
Melinda Henne
Jacksonville
He [Dr. Daniel Duffy] is very knowledgeable but majority of the time he seemed scattered and unprepared. After a failed egg retrieval, he was unable to discuss the results effectively with us since he did not review the notes...He would take the time to answer questions...I was placed on a lupron flare protocol with human growth hormone to give me the best chances. Ultrasounds looked good up until egg retrieval, which resulted in less eggs than expected. Unfortunately the eggs were of poor quality and did not form any viable embryos...
Doctors [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] rotate for procedures so may not have your doctor do the retrieval. No electronic medical records so records are not always up to date at visits. No confirmation calls for appointments. Difficult to speak to doctors via phone...There was always a wait at the South office as opposed to the Downtown office....Injection meds were not submitted as requested. They are willing to work with you regarding the schedule...
He is very knowledgeable but majority of the time he seemed scattered and unprepared. After a failed egg retrieval, he was unable to discuss the results effectively with us since he did not review the notes.
He is nice and knowledgeable but you need to be on top of things.
He would take the time to answer questions.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Doctors rotate for procedures so may not have your doctor do the retrieval. No electronic medical records so records are not always up to date at visits. No confirmation calls for appointments. Difficult to speak to doctors via phone.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
There was always a wait at the South office as opposed to the Downtown office.
No insurance coverage.
They prefer to transfer 1-2 embryos.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Injection medications were not called in as promised.
Jacksonville
I was diagnosed with CBAVD. Dr Freeman has been very forthcoming with information. He has been thorough in testing, treatment, and tests prior to our IVF. He understands my sarcastic personality and can make jokes and laugh during visits. ... So far he has prescribed Dostinex and Clomid after doing several blood labs. He completed his own semen analysis. He received my urologist report and has been thorough in bringing up my semen levels.
I never have to wait long. The room for the semen analysis is very bare and cold. I would have liked for it to be more comfortable with material. It made things awkward. They are very thorough. They are friendly the entire visit. ... I passed out during bloodwork and they were compassionate. They make sure we are prepared for any test. ... He [Dr. Freeman] completed his own semen analysis.
How was your experience with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Coming from the male standpoint, to another guy, you don't have to be tense or nervous.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He is very personable!
Describe the protocols Michael Freeman used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Freeman at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance will cover 80%, some were quoted $3500 to meet our deductible. Additionally our anaesthesia will not be covered.
Michael Freeman
IUI With Other Docs
Dr. Duffy is the kindest soul. He takes the time to care for you as a human. Answers your questions and truly cares about you and your future children. ... I was diagnosed with Uterine septum. Dr. Duffy set up my schedule and stated it was the best for me and my future family. ... Dr.Duffy has been so proactive in my care and has done everything in his powers to help my husband and I build our future family.
Clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is small and friendly. It is always welcoming and very clean and sterile. Everyone takes the time to help you feel welcomed and no issue is to small. They answer the phone friendly every time and return calls promptly. ... After seeing the head of the practice and then switching to Dr. Duffy it has been a positive change for our family.
I saw Dr. Duffy after I saw the head of the practice. Dr.Duffy has been so proactive in my care and has done everything in his powers to help my husband and I build our future family. After seeing the head of the practice and then switching to Dr. Duffy it has been a positive change for our family. Dr. Duffy has found multiple things that the other provider skipped over. Dr. Duffy never makes you feel awkward in appointment and treats with lots of care.
Trust his process. HE truly cares and wants whats best fort you.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is small and friendly. It is always welcoming and very clean and sterile. Everyone takes the time to help you feel welcomed and no issue is to small. They answer the phone friendly every time and return calls promptly.
Jacksonville
We have male infertility from antisperm. He said money wise let’s try a IUI. We did one round he explained everything very vividly. IUI failed I asked do I do this again I want a baby and he said honestly let’s go IVF. I value the honestly no matter the money part ... He is very knowledgeable at what he doesn’t. He tells you very honestly what’s going on and what to do. He doesn’t beat around the bush.
Very organized. Easy to schedule. Always there so never worry about closing. If I need anything or have a dumb question they [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] answer no hesatiation. ... Answers the phone happy to help every time. Makes every appointment very positive ... IUI was right at 800. First round of IVF is 12,000 ... Always answer my questions More than I actual need.
He is very knowledgeable at what he doesn’t. He tells you very honestly what’s going on and what to do. He doesn’t beat around the bush. He makes every appointment very comfortable. I’ve never had a male doctor do vaginal ultrasounds so I was very nervous. He made me want a male doctor from Now on. I’ve never felt weird or out of place. I told him straight up I was tired of waiting and he said let’s start IVF. No questions
Relax
He has called me from his personal cell to check on my cycles. Told me straight up after my first IUI he would go to ivf with what I wanted
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Very organized. Easy to schedule. Always there so never worry about closing. If I need anything or have a dumb question they answer no hesatiation. Always answer my questions More than I actual need.
IUI was right at 800. First round of IVF is 12,000

2014 - 2018, Successful
It took me a bit to get used to his matter of fact type of,personality, but the longer i was there he [Dr. Winslow] loosened up around is and showed us compassion, but made sure to be clear in statements. He was delicate when we had our miscatriage and clear on all of our treatments. Gave us all of,our options then said why he would recommend one thing over another, but still left it up to us
Every staff member [Florida Inst for Repro Med] was personable, treated you well, spoke to you as person who matters and going through something tough.... The staff is Easy to get into contact with them and they are prompt with returning calls. They are Open weekends for transfers which is very convenient when,you don't get much leeway with cycles. The staff is always nice and welcoming. Going there for 4 years I,never had a bad experience
It took me a bit to get used to his matter of fact type of,personality, but the longer i was there he loosened up around is and showed us compassion, but made sure to be clear in statements. He was delicate when we had our miscatriage and clear on all of our treatments. Gave us all of,our options then said why he would recommend one thing over another, but still left it up to us
Give him a few appts to get his type of personality. He's direct bc he doesn't want any misunderstandings
Every staff member was personable, treated you well, spoke to you as person who matters and going through something tough.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I have a genetic issue that makes multiples very dangerous for them and me. So 1 was recommended, but he recommends one for most bc of the risks of a,multiples pregnancy
Jacksonville

Dr. Duffy was very easy to talk to. Any questions I had concerning anything he made sure they were answered. He gave me copies of my information when needed. When going over labs he broke everything down and explained it to me. He is a awesome doctor with an awesome team of nurses....I felt like a human because dr. Duffy put me at ease with any concerns I had. For the first time he actually gave us hope. He thoroughly made sure that my husband and I knew what was going on in detail.
[Florida Inst for Repro Med] are great! They can get better with calling back. They make sure you are taken care of. If something’s wrong they take care of it in a quick manner. The are is clean and comfortable, you feel right at home. They staff treats you as if you were family....Very kind, compassionate. The nurses take an interest in you. They are loving individuals that leave a lasting impression on you.... For ivf it was 8,900. For mock ivf transfer it was $470 and for regular visits it was $35
Be as kind as he is. Always ask questions if you don’t understand
Dr. Duffy wanted me to do 1 round of ivf with icsi due to male factor. Due to the cost of treatment and insurance not covering, I have not been able to proceed with treatment.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are great! They can get better with calling back. They make sure you are taken care of. If something’s wrong they take care of it in a quick manner. The are is clean and comfortable, you feel right at home. They staff treats you as if you were family.

2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
Dr. Winslow has treated me for endometriosis and septate uterus. I have had 2 surgeries under his care. 1 egg retrieval with 3 rounds of IVF. 2 chemical pregnancies were produced and 1 failed transfer. Newest protocol is donor eggs from my partner. 1st IVF transfer completed and pending results.... Dr. Winslow is extremely experienced and well known in the infertility community. We will confident and comfortable under his care. He does not show compassion well. Dr. Winslow is also extremely busy so at times we have felt rushed.
Office [FL Institute for Reproductive Med-Jacksonville] is very well organized and nursing team is great! I’ve seen the other doctors on the weekend and all doctors are extremely friendly. When you call the office, you either speak to someone directly or one of the nurses call back within a few hours.... We pay 100% out of pocket. IVF treatment was less than 13k... Dr. Winslow has treated me for endometriosis and septate uterus. I have had 2 surgeries under his care. 1 egg retrieval with 3 rounds of IVF. 2 chemical pregnancies were produced and 1 failed transfer. Newest protocol is donor eggs from my partner. 1st IVF transfer completed and pending results.
Go in knowledgeable and don’t be afraid to ask questions. If he seems to be rushing you, just stand your ground and don’t let that deter you from getting answers.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Office is very well organized and nursing team is great! I’ve seen the other doctors on the weekend and all doctors are extremely friendly. When you call the office, you either speak to someone directly or one of the nurses call back within a few hours.
We pay 100% out of pocket. IVF treatment was less than 13k
Jacksonville

Dr. Duffy took time to answer all my questions, never made me feel rushed or like a number, and took time to show he cares... very personable and knowledgeable. The only downside for treatment with Dr. Duffy is that he is almost always running late. I know hat he spends extra time with his patients and answers questions, so I tended to overlook his lack of punctuality...I was 350iu Gonal F, 150iu Menopur, Cetrotide, and Lupron trigger. I don't remember any rationale given for this particular protocol.
Strengths [at FIRM] are definitely communication and education. I can't really think of any weaknesses. I would recommend a new patient try out each doctor at the office to decide who is the best fit because each doctor has a very different personality...The nursing staff was excellent. They were great about answering questions, returning phone calls, and their blood taking skills were excellent.
Dr. Duffy is very personable and knowledgeable. The only downside for treatment with Dr. Duffy is that he is almost always running late. I know hat he spends extra time with his patients and answers questions, so I tended to overlook his lack of punctuality.
Prepare to wait awhile at appointments.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengths are definitely communication and education. I can't really think of any weaknesses. I would recommend a new patient try out each doctor at the office to decide who is the best fit because each doctor has a very different personality.
My total costs at FIRM was around $8000, plus $4000 meds at an outside facility.
FIRM typically transfers one under 35 and two over 35. One was recommended for me at 33, but transfer isn't for another few weeks.
Jacksonville
Dr. Erb is very compassionate and has spent a lot of time with me reviewing my options and treatments. I feel she is someone Ican go to if there is an issue. She is friendly and warm while being very professional...is very trustworthy and competent....She is educated and up to date with the newest data. I trust her to have my best interests in mind and would highly recommend her!
It’s a little overwhelming when you first begin here [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] but everyone is so helpful and accommodating. I have a severe needle phobia and they are one of the few doctor’s offices that actually worked with me and made me comfortable...So far everyone [on the nursing team] has been helpful and kind. This is a very stressful and confusing journey and they’re always happy to assist me witb questions or concerns.
How was your experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I think that Dr. Erb is very trustworthy and competent. She is compassionate but professional. She is educated and up to date with the newest data. I trust her to have my best interests in mind and would highly recommend her!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Ask questions if you don’t understand!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Teresa Erb used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I don’t remember exact protocol but it was on the more aggressive end.
So far everyone has been helpful and kind. This is a very stressful and confusing journey and they’re always happy to assist me witb questions or concerns.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s a little overwhelming when you first begin here but everyone is so helpful and accommodating. I have a severe needle phobia and they are one of the few doctor’s offices that actually worked with me and made me comfortable.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Most of our costs have been covered by insurance.
Describe Teresa Erb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
My doctor told me she would only transfer one embryo. I agree with her on this and understand her reasoning as more than one could put me at high risk.
Teresa Erb
Jacksonville
Dr. Erb will transfer two embryos if the circumstances would call for it, but prefers to transfer single embryos...spent time talking with my husband and I, heard our concerns and adjusted accordingly...We really like Dr. Erb. She’s always very nice and happy and seems knowledgeable and up to date. She spent time explaining our risks while giving us the space to make our own decisions. I would say her only downfall is maybe that she is a quick talker and tends to explain things from a very technical standpoint which can sometimes be confusing for someone without a medical degree.
They [the nurses at FIRM] were extremely caring and compassionate...We’ve really enjoyed our experience so far. Good communication, financially reasonable, caring staff. The only negative at the moment was a relatively limited amount of donated embryos to choose from...We did a FET with donor embryos. 2 or so weeks BCP, Estrace protocol followed by PIO and then transfer. Currently in TWW.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions and share your concerns
Dr. Erb spent time talking with my husband and I, heard our concerns and adjusted accordingly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Emma Langley)
They were extremely caring and compassionate.
$6,000 for FET
Teresa Erb

2016 - 2017, Unknown Success
Whether or not they run late depends on what doctor you're seeing which is frustrating. Also the doctors float between offices so you might not see your doctor every time unless you want to travel to wherever they are on that day...I liked that if I came in with something I'd read off the internet she [Dr. Kari Sproul von Goeben] was willing to have a discussion about why or why not that particular treatment would apply to me. I did not like that when I wanted to try things she would say there wasn't a "medical indication" for what I wanted to try- when Infertility is unexplained that is exactly the issue, that no one knows what might work, and I wish she were more open to anecdotal information and not entirely research reliant.
She is incredibly smart and up to date on current treatment options. I liked that if I came in with something I'd read off the internet she was willing to have a discussion about why or why not that particular treatment would apply to me. I did not like that when I wanted to try things she would say there wasn't a "medical indication" for what I wanted to try- when Infertility is unexplained that is exactly the issue, that no one knows what might work, and I wish she were more open to anecdotal information and not entirely research reliant.
Try and trust her. Infertility is hard, but she is really good at what she does.
She is very warm and inviting and easy to talk to.
Amazing. One of the best parts of this office is the nursing staff.
My first born child ;-) I have insurance so I don't know
Describe Kari Sproul von Goeben's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
She felt strongly about single embryo transfer. That is what I wanted so I didn't push it, but I felt that had we wanted a multiple transfer it would not have been received well.
2015 - 2017, Successful
Treated like a friend not a patient [by Dr. Von Goeben]...I wish all doctors were like her. She always explained everything in full detail and gave me very realistic expectations even when they weren’t the best. She went above and beyond researching information for a complication I was having and I honestly think if I had any other doctor I would not be holding my son right now... will cover everything you need
The clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is very convenient... they have multiple locations all over the city but the main procedures are done in their downtown office. They we’re always able to make appointments easily and quickly and was able to work with my work schedule...The nursing staff was wonderful... they were always very personalable and sensitive to situations ... they have amazing needle skills and no blood draw or shot ever hurt.
She’s the best doctor I have ever been to ... I wish all doctors were like her. She always explained everything in full detail and gave me very realistic expectations even when they weren’t the best. She went above and beyond researching information for a complication I was having and I honestly think if I had any other doctor I would not be holding my son right now.
None... she is amazing and will cover everything you need
Treated like a friend not a patient
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very convenient... they have multiple locations all over the city but the main procedures are done in their downtown office. They we’re always able to make appointments easily and quickly and was able to work with my work schedule.
Unsure as my insurance was able to cover some of it
My safety was always a priority and they suggested doing only one embryo transfer at a time
Jacksonville
Absolutely love the FIRM & Dr. Winslow. He was always encouraging when we didn't get the best news. Anytime I didn't respond as well as he like he would adjust my treatment perfectly. I never had a bad experience at the Jacksonville location. Also loved they had several locations- I live in GA and would have to travel out of state to see him. The office always made it as convenient as it could be for us. (They even came in on Christmas Day for our IUI)
Absolutely loved Stacy and Jessica [nurses at FIRM]. They kept me sane during the whole process. They always called me back in a timely manner and tried to keep me as calm as possible.... I never had a bad experience at the Jacksonville location. Also loved they had several locations- I live in GA and would have to travel out of state to see him. The office always made it as convenient as it could be for us. (They even came in on Christmas Day for our IUI)
Always ask for explanation if you don't understand. This is your treatment- it makes it so much easier to go through when you understand (as much as possible- unexpected things come up)
Anytime I had a question Dr. Winslow and his staff went above and beyond to get the answers to us.
Not exactly the protocol- it has been exactly a year. I know I did Gonal F and Menupor. He was very cautious with my dosage due to my severe PCOS.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Jessica / Stacy )
Absolutely loved Stacy and Jessica. They kept me sane during the whole process. They always called me back in a timely manner and tried to keep me as calm as possible.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The staff are always so accommodating.
Most of my care was covered by my husbands insurance
None that were discussed

2009 - 2012, Unsuccessful
Dr Duffy was very patient, and listened to all of my fears. He researched the issues I was having and suggested some alternative treatments...We tried three IUI with ICSI, all producing negative results. We tried two IVF cycles with my eggs, the first resulted in a chemical pregnancy, the rest all negative. We tried donor egg once, all transfers had a negative result. We tried one donor embryo transfer which had a negative result.
All of the nurses [at FIRM] were very thorough, understanding, available and compassionate about us and our care...The clinic was great, all staff were helpful, and I loved the individual care that we received...I feel costs were reasonable. We paid $11,000 for our first IVF, $6,000 for our second, $11,000 for Donor Egg, $2500 for donor embryo. Frozen transfers were around $2,000...He [Dr. Daniel Duffy] is amazing, but be prepared to wait a little bit as he gets backed up.
Dr Duffy was a great doctor who listened, researched, and allowed us to try every option so that we were satisfied when our journey was over. He was very passionate about his work and showed us a lot of compassion.
He is amazing, but be prepared to wait a little bit as he gets backed up.
All of the nurses were very thorough, understanding, available and compassionate about us and our care.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I think the standard protocol of transferring two is effective.
Jacksonville

[Dr. Kari Sproul von Goeben] is very personable...easily available...Sometimes talks fast but will repeat herself if needed...I can tell she cares about me with the good outcomes and the bad...Had frozen embryos, transferred one, resulted in pregnancy but then miscarriage...Knowledgable about next steps as I am not the typical patient I feel.
Very nice staff. Sees you quickly [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]...2 locations near me and seems to be available for multiple appointments and times. I was able to see another doctor for treatment when mine wasn't available in the time frame required...They had a discount on FET which was helpful.
Dr von Goeben is great, easily available, tries to explain everything Sometimes talks fast but will repeat herself if needed. I can tell she cares about me with the good outcomes and the bad. Knowledgable about next steps as I am not the typical patient I feel.
If you dont I understand, ask agai
She is very personable and seems to care
Had frozen embryos, transferred one, resulted in pregnancy but then miscarriage. Trying again
Very nice staff. Sees you quickly
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
2 locations near me and seems to be available for multiple appointments and times. I was able to see another doctor for treatment when mine wasn't available in the time frame required. I really cant think of any weaknesses. They had a discount on FET which was helpful
Consultation was free. Preliminary ultrasounds were extra in addition to the embryo transfer. Genetic testing was extra if you wanted it
Prefers single transfer in my situation but says she will do 2 if I want

2014 - 2018, Unknown Success
Be prepared for his cut and dried manner, if you prefer that type of personality (as I do) then he [Dr. Kevin Winslow] is the perfect doctor for you!...only transfer one embryo if PGS tested, otherwise will transfer two of you choose...He is very knowledgeable and gets right to the point. He has a dry sense of humor and candid nature that worked really well for my husband and I. I trust his judgement and expertise. I like how he tells me the truth and is upfront about it, even if it’s not the best news that I want to hear; he has never given us false hope but has provided us with options that were right for us.
Everyone [at FIRM] is helpful and friendly; they work with you on scheduling. Facilities are nice and provide multiple locations. I am pleased overall with the clinic and all employees and staff in my visits. I really like the FIRM and believe they are one of the best available in my area...They only transfer one embryo if PGS tested, otherwise will transfer two of you choose...He [Dr. Winslow] was very clear and upfront with us.
Be prepared for his cut and dried manner, if you prefer that type of personality (as I do) then he is the perfect doctor for you!
He was very clear and upfront with us.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Everyone is helpful and friendly; they work with you on scheduling. Facilities are nice and provide multiple locations. I am pleased overall with the clinic and all employees and staff in my visits. I really like the FIRM and believe they are one of the best available in my area.