Daytona Beach
850-354-5011
836 Prudential Dr
Jacksonville, FL 32207

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
I felt as if I was just another patient for him, [Dr. Winslow] was unfamiliar with my treatment. He didn't take the time to get to know my husband and I...He wasn't very familiar with my situation and it was obvious. I felt rushed during consultations and ultrasounds. I felt like I was bothering him when asking questions...
$5K and change for first cycle and $1K and change for second, due to deductible being met. Paid $1K and change for the transfer...Nursing is hit or miss...The nurses never emailed me and the communication is so dated. I had to take my own notes and their minimal documents they give you are vague and generic...Billing is horrible. They don't answer calls or return calls. Asking them for your invoice or some sort of document to show a breakdown of what you're paying for is like asking them to provide their financials
How was your experience with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I felt as if I was just another patient for him, he was unfamiliar with my treatment. He didn't take the time to get to know my husband and I, unlike the other doctors we had. While reviewing genetic results, he misread them and I had to keep explaining that I was already provided results for one test that he said weren't available. They were on the next page of the report I realized once I left my rushed 15 minute consultation. The worst part is he showed me the documents with the gender of the embryos which I did not want to see.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
If you're looking for someone who doesn't rush you and throughly explains things, I would not recommend.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Nursing is hit or miss. I had to do A LOT of following up, unnecessary. For example, they forgot to rebiospy embryos to be sent out. I had to continuously follow up. They definitely added a lot of extra stress to the process. The communication was sparse and they didn't make themselves very approachable. About 80% of the time I'd call I'd have to leave a voicemail and I would maybe get a call back that day. Patty and Pam were the only ones who were on top of things. The nurses never emailed me and the communication is so dated. I had to take my own notes and their minimal documents they give you are vague and generic.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Billing is horrible. They don't answer calls or return calls. Asking them for your invoice or some sort of document to show a breakdown of what you're paying for is like asking them to provide their financials. They also never told me I had a credit, a nurse told me and when I asked to apply it towards my second IVF cycle they said they were holding it in case I had a balance. I had to fight them to left me apply my credit to the next cycle, and I never had a balance afterwards. They documents they do send you in regards to what you've paid make no sense to the average consumer and don't capture what services you paid for.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kevin Winslow at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I've had to call to remind them to call in my prescriptions. I also had to call back to find out when my IVF cycle was starting. I spoke to someone on Saturday morning around 9am, was supposed to hear back within the hour and finally called back at 3pm before they closed to hear 'the nurse was supposed to call you, I'm sorry'. They also screwed up my husband's test, they wrote our insurance down wrong for him and charged him as an uninsured patient because they had the wrong number, rather than calling us to get the correct number.

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr. Winslow is caring, however, he is very blunt and straight to the point. He does not sugar coat anything, and he is there to do his job and get you pregnant. He has been in the industry for several years and is very knowledgeable...He is gentle but to the point and knows how to get things done. He has a lot of patients but he always seems to remember me and cares for me when I am in his care. He has never been rude or dismissive.
The clinic [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] is very busy, however, they seem to be on top of things. I haven’t had a bad experience. Wait times are long but that’s because they’re busy and they only have 3 doctors. The billing department could use some help with organization...My full cycle with medicine was around $18,000. Each transfer is close to $3,300 excluding medicines.
As a patient of Dr. Winslow, I have been treated with respect. He is gentle but to the point and knows how to get things done. He has a lot of patients but he always seems to remember me and cares for me when I am in his care. He has never been rude or dismissive.
To understand that if you want someone to hold your hand and sugarcoat your journey, then he is not the doctor for you. But if you want to get pregnant and understand why you’re having to go through this, then he is the one!
Describe the protocols Kevin Winslow used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I was placed on a normal agonist protocol from my previous doctor. Once she moved, I chose to be with Winslow. I did not have my egg retrieval with him but he has done all of my transfers. When my first transfer ended in a miscarriage, I was placed on the same protocol but the next one didn’t end up working. I am now doing testing to determine if there’s any issues with receptivity or immune issues. Once I have results from that, then Dr Winslow will adjust my protocol as needed.
The nursing staff has been great. They always call me back in a timely manner and answers all of my questions. The busier the clinic gets, the harder it is for them to remember their patients but they do a really good job of keeping everything organized.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is very busy, however, they seem to be on top of things. I haven’t had a bad experience. Wait times are long but that’s because they’re busy and they only have 3 doctors. The billing department could use some help with organization. I would suggest a new patient to advocate for yourself at any clinic, regardless of their reviews. Speak up and make sure you understand everything. Keep your receipts and ask for breakdowns of cost!
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
They have mistakenly forgot to put me on the schedule for an appointment, so thankfully I called and got it fixed. They have also sent me in a room to get ready for an exam but I only needed to do blood work that day. I was unaware of that.

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
I really appreciate how caring and nice Dr. Erb is. She was able to help us establish a plan and gave us hope. We struggle with male infertility and she was very reassuring through the not so great test results that we still had options to try...makes me feel like she truly cares. She listens to my concerns and answers any questions we have throughly while giving in depth explanations to results, procedures, and options for next steps.
I think right now they [FIRM-Jacksonville] are short staffed, so scheduling an appointment is very challenging...Besides the frustrations with scheduling and long wait times, once you get in and actually see the doctor its a pleasant experience...the nurse said she would ask Dr. Erb and call me back. She called me within the hour with more details and I really appreciated that.
How was your experience with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I really appreciate how caring and nice Dr. Erb is. She was able to help us establish a plan and gave us hope. We struggle with male infertility and she was very reassuring through the not so great test results that we still had options to try. After almost a year on medications my husbands sperm have improved from 0 to a normal range but are abnormal in shape. She was very kind in explaining exactly what that meant and told us our possible next steps; we scheduled an HSG procedure for Monday then will start IUI. I appreciate how thorough she is with directions and information. Her calm demeanor helps me feel at ease during an otherwise stressful time.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
If you have questions write them down because she will definitely answer them all for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Erb makes me feel like she truly cares. She listens to my concerns and answers any questions we have throughly while giving in depth explanations to results, procedures, and options for next steps.
Describe the protocols Teresa Erb used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
To help treat my husbands lack of sperm, he had to do Pregnyl injections every other day and his testosterone levels were monitored by an Endocrinologist we were referred to by Dr. Erb. She also prescribed me Vitamin d3 after our initial visit when my bloodwork showed my levels were low. We are now on a vitamin regime she recommended as we prep for IUI after my HSG procedure.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Patty)
I've talked to a couple of nurses, Patty and Lisa are the 2 names I remember. They were very friendly. I had a question about a result, the nurse said she would ask Dr. Erb and call me back. She called me within the hour with more details and I really appreciated that.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I think right now they are short staffed, so scheduling an appointment is very challenging. The book over a month out and seem to reschedule appointments last minute which is very frustrating when you wait weeks or months for an appointment. Besides the frustrations with scheduling and long wait times, once you get in and actually see the doctor its a pleasant experience.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Teresa Erb at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We've had a copay for our check up visits but have paid 85$ for semen analysis and will be paying 95$ for the HSG procedure (copay plus a 60$ fee the hospital is charging). The Pregnyl medication was extremely costly at almost 500$ a month which we used for close to a year.
Describe Teresa Erb's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
At this time we haven't discussed either of these with Dr. Erb

2021 - 2022, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Winslow] was great at getting in and out and not making you wait around but I wish there would have been more explanations to certain procedures or follicle scans...Letrozole three tablets and I grew at least three eggs each cycle but I just don’t find they fully matured before we triggered ovulation. We had to use hcg to trigger my ovulation...He was quick to recommend ivf but after our history it made sense
My [FIRM] nurse is amazing always eases the anxiety is like my best friend and support going in there...They’re quick to jump to ivf but that’s because they’ve had so many amazing outcomes with it. They treat you like family and really do care about you. They’re always reassuring and cautious on sensitive subjects but blunt when need be. They helped me through my miscarriage and d and c and i was relieved to have them there.
He was quick to recommend ivf but after our history it made sense. However it is a struggle being in the military with no other source of money and tricare doesn’t cover anything for ivf. I wish and pray we could because we’ve been told by several doctors were amazing candidates for it and doctor Winslow helped ease our minds about it. He did let us continue a couple more cycles of letrozole before moving on but we’re in a waiting period now.
Advocate for what you want he listens
He was great at getting in and out and not making you wait around but I wish there would have been more explanations to certain procedures or follicle scans
My nurse is amazing always eases the anxiety is like my best friend and support going in there!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We’ve paid up to a thousand dollars just to do an iui because insurance wouldn’t cover it. Our ivf will only cost 8000 but we just don’t have that extra money
Describe Kevin Winslow's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I would love to transfer multiples if I’m able to
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Just lose records or labs between the two clinics

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Winslow was kind, courteous, and patient with all of questions. He was very thorough in explaining each step of the process and what to expect. He handles a large portion of the visits and calls personally to ensure there are no gaps in communication...Transfer [protocol]: estrace 3 pills twice daily, endometrin 2 inserts twice daily, and PIO 1cc every other morning.
The [FIRM] clinic is open 7-4. So great if you want to speak with someone early, but you need to keep that in mind if you need assistance later. The nurse you have to leave a message for, but they will always cal back the same day...[the nurses] are all competent and compassionate. They return calls the same day. Answering any and all questions.
Dr. Winslow was kind, courteous, and patient with all of questions.
Retrieval: gonal pen, menopur, and a couple of others I can’t remember. Transfer: estrace 3 pills twice daily, endometrin 2 inserts twice daily, and PIO 1cc every other morning.
I LOVE the nursing staff. They are all competent and compassionate. They return calls the same day. Answering any and all questions.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is open 7-4. So great if you want to speak with someone early, but you need to keep that in mind if you need assistance later. The nurse you have to leave a message for, but they will always cal back the same day.

2017 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Erb is extremely thorough and descriptive about the entire process- something that 100% made me feel comfortable and at ease about the biggest undertaking of our lives... She was always patient with us and answered all of our questions- we never felt rushed. She explained every medication, every procedure- and all the reasons why- that really helped to satisfy and put at ease my Type A mind...
I felt like I got truly individualized and personal care at the Daytona location [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]...it was a smaller and more intimate setting. From Elana that answers the phone and greets you, Jenny that helps with billing, Crystal that checked my vitals and drew blood, our nurse coordinator Susan, and of course Dr. Erb- we feel like family there. Everyone is on a first name basis- they all know you- ask about your life- and honestly and genuinely want this journey to be successful.
Dr Erb is simply the best. She was always patient with us and answered all of our questions- we never felt rushed. She explained every medication, every procedure- and all the reasons why- that really helped to satisfy and put at ease my Type A mind.
Trust her.The news isn’t always going to be what you want to hear but I absolutely believe that she 100% wants what you want- and she knows how to get it for you. I have a beautiful baby boy, and another one kicking away inside me because of her and I will be forever grateful.
Dr. Erb is extremely thorough and descriptive about the entire process- something that 100% made me feel comfortable and at ease about the biggest undertaking of our lives. She took the time and taught us why we needed to do what we were doing from a medical standpoint, she coached us through every procedure and set back, and she has cheered us along as we now have had two (for two) successful transfers- our beautiful baby boy and another one the way. I have always felt like she GENUINELY wants what we want - healthy babies- and even though it hasn’t always been easy- she has been a true hand-in hand partner along the way.
I don’t remember the names of the protocols- but because of my chromosomal abnormality the goal was to retrieve the most amount of eggs so that the odds of having some good eggs was better. I’m also a large person- 5’9” and 200lbs so I was on the max doses of endometrin and o Other meds I took. Round one- 16 eggs retrieved, 7 made it to day 5, 2 tested as normal - currently pregnant with one, the other is still on ice. Round two- 13 eggs retrieved, 6 made it to day 2 5, 1 tested as normal- my beautiful, perfect, amazing little boy ❤️
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Susan)
Everyone is fabulous! We were primarily seen at the Daytona office which I loved because it was a smaller and more intimate setting. From Elana that answers the phone and greets you, Jenny that helps with billing, Crystal that checked my vitals and drew blood, our nurse coordinator Susan, and of course Dr. Erb- we feel like family there. Everyone is on a first name basis- they all know you- ask about your life- and honestly and genuinely want this journey to be successful.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I felt like I got truly individualized and personal care at the Daytona location. I enjoy going to that office- even given the stress of this IVF process I always feel a huge sense of support when I’m there- like everyone is cheering you on because they KNOW me. My ONLY, even slightly negative experience was when we had to go to the larger ‘corporate’-feeling Jacksonville office. It wasn’t even negative- it’s just that I never got that warm huggy feeling like I do at the smaller office. The lady at check in doesn’t know my name or ask what my two year dressed as for Halloween. The woman checking my vitals doesn’t watch the same drama as me and chat me up about last weeks plot twist. I still saw Dr. Erb and and felt at ease- but I think the whole ‘vibe’ of the Daytona office really spoiled me.
I think each retrieval was around $12,000- plus the cost of medications. Each FET was $3000 plus the cost of medications Embryo storage was $400 after the finest two years. The medications will get you. During our first retrieval nothing was covered by insurance, for the second retrieval some was. I was on the highest doses because of the size and wanting to get the most eggs possible. During our first FET a study had been released - something about the progesterone shots being very effective- so we added that to the protocol. At our second FET consult we discussed the studies about the progesterone injection effectiveness and ultimately decided with De. Erbs guidance to exclusively do the shots - and it was a huge $$$ savings. And it worked 👍🏻
The risks of multiple births were explained to us. As ‘fun’ and ‘exciting’ as twins sound- we wanted the best possible outcome for an uncomplicated pregnancy and a healthy baby. That being said- we implanted one and conceived mo/di twins. At 12 weeks we saw MFM and learned that one of our twins didn’t have a heartbeat. Dr Erb got the report and called me- even after I was no longer under her care. She made sure I understood the prognosis from the other doctor (which was favorable for the surviving twin). That moment really stuck with me. The second embryo we implanted already had two inner cellar masses at the time of freezing. While we were hoping for the best- Dr. Erb still referred us to a geneticist before the transfer just so that we were prepared for all the possible outcomes. Given our over-achieving embryos’ desire to divide we’re thankful that we did not implant two.

2020 - 2021, Successful
From day one Dr. Winslow treated us like we were important...Dr. Winslow makes sure to give you the best and worst case scenario in whatever situation you may be in. He makes sure you understand any risks that there may be but he doesn’t do it in a negative way. He says it with respect and from a medical professionals point of view because he cares about his patients and wants the best for them...
ALL of the nursing staff [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was absolutely amazing...Anytime I had a random question or concern, I could call and was able to speak with someone right then. Every phone call was answered with happy, cheerful voices who were ready to help...We were treated like family the entire time we were there...They make sure you know you’re not alone through any of it...
From day one Dr. Winslow treated us like we were important. I was using another doctors office before being referred and when it was found I would need to see a fertility doctor, the office I was using was very rude and nonchalant about my diagnosis. It was a horrible experience. After meeting with Dr. Winslow and his team I knew without a doubt in this world we were in the right place. I literally can not say one bad thing or “weakness” about anyone at the FIRM.
Ask questions but be ready for the answers. It may not be what you want to hear but Dr. Winslow makes sure to give you the best and worst case scenario in whatever situation you may be in. He makes sure you understand any risks that there may be but he doesn’t do it in a negative way. He says it with respect and from a medical professionals point of view because he cares about his patients and wants the best for them.
Everytime Dr. Winslow walked into the room, he greeted us like he had known us for years. He always wished the best for us and always gave us the most honest truths about every situation. He took time to explain things to us that we were clueless about.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Linda Fricke )
ALL of the nursing staff was absolutely amazing. They cried with us when things didn’t go right and shared excitement with us when things did go right. They instantly became family to us. They never failed us in any way what so ever. I literally cried when we officially “graduated” from the clinic. 3 specific individuals that really touched our hearts was both Linda’s and Leah in the Tallahassee office. Anytime I had a random question or concern, I could call and was able to speak with someone right then. Every phone call was answered with happy, cheerful voices who were ready to help. That was something we were not used to with our previous doctor. We were treated like family the entire time we were there. Everyone at the FIRM was made for that job. Going through infertility can be mentally, emotionally and physically painful and the FIRM has literal angels working for them. They may not know what every individual goes through but you would never know that. They are great and couldn’t be any better. I could write a whole book on them. Lol
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I literally have NO complaints. The FIRM is an amazing place for anyone struggling to get pregnant or needing anything fertility related. They work with you any way they can. They make sure you know you’re not alone through any of it.
We honestly lost count of how much we ended up spending. It was definitely a lot of money but compared to other clinics, it was reasonably priced and they were always willing to work with us on making payments when things got a little pricey.

2021, Successful
Dr Duffy was very kind and took his time with us each time. I never felt rushed with him and he would answer any questions we had each time. 3 times I got low blood pressure during procedures and he was very caring and took care of me and didn’t rush or get upset that it took longer...He always took his time and talked and explained things. I did not feel rushed with him or like we were just a number.
We overall had a good experience with the FIRM...I wish Duffy was still with the clinic we would use him again. The only other issue we had was sometimes we had to wait a while at an appt they would be running behind but I understand it happens and in this practice sometimes things go unexpected...Few issues with nurses and billing. Nothing major with issues.
How was your experience with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He was very kind and we enjoyed having him I would highly recommend him I wish he had not left the practice we wanted to use him again. He always took his time and talked and explained things. I did not feel rushed with him or like we were just a number.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
He’s awesome I wish he had stayed at the Firm because we would like to use him again in the future. He was my favorite doctor there!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Daniel Duffy used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Medicine first- negative 3 IUIs with clomid and last one with clomid and menopur. The last one resulted in twins, but one was lost at 9 weeks. 1st IUI resulted in ectopic pregnancy.
Most were kind, one rushed us out after IUI and being told to lay and wait and I didn’t like that. Other than that they were all nice and caring.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Overall good clinic. Few issues with nurses and billing. Nothing major with issues. We overall had a good experience with the FIRM. I do not have any other comments for this. I wish Duffy was still with the clinic we would use him again. The only other issue we had was sometimes we had to wait a while at an appt they would be running behind but I understand it happens and in this practice sometimes things go unexpected.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Daniel Duffy at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
About $1000 per IuI
Describe Daniel Duffy's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
No the only thing we had wrong was I had a test done and waited for results and never got them no one ever called.

2019 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Erb spoke candidly about goals and expectations but was always willing to offer personal insight and advice to help through difficult times...We initially had thorough work up and testing with labs, HSG, and even MRI. After initial lack is success with IUI, she understood and supported our desire to move onto IVF...Strongly agree with Dr. Erb’s approach with single embryo transfer...
Wonderful staff with compassion. They [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] try to accommodate patients and their schedules whenever possible. Always happy to answer questions or listen to concerns. They respond very promptly to even after hours issues...They were very clear and upfront with costs...Strongly agree with Dr. Erb’s approach with single embryo transfer...
I couldn’t be happier to not only recommend Dr. Erb to anyone even considering fertility treatment, but to also return for more treatment myself. My husband and I felt truly supported and heard throughout the process, even through the toughest of losses. We have been blessed with success and we look forward to the chance to expand our family with Dr. Erb’s assistance again!
You won’t regret calling FIRM and meeting with Dr. Erb. She is highly knowledgeable and very compassionate.
We initially had thorough work up and testing with labs, HSG, and even MRI. After initial lack is success with IUI, she understood and supported our desire to move onto IVF. After our early loss, she gave us the option to transfer our last healthy embryo or complete a simulated transfer cycle to ensure we weren’t missing any possible contributing factors to our miscarriage.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Wonderful staff with compassion. They try to accommodate patients and their schedules whenever possible. Always happy to answer questions or listen to concerns. They respond very promptly to even after hours issues.
Certainly not cheap, but thorough care made the costs seem reasonable. They were very clear and upfront with costs.
Strongly agree with Dr. Erb’s approach with single embryo transfer

2019 - 2021, Unknown Success
Dr. Duffy is very smart and very confident. He is willing to spend extra time with you to help you feel comfortable with the process. Sometimes he does talk very fast, so you do have to pay close attention and ask questions. He is very easy to deal with and I felt very good being treated by him...Sometimes he is overly optimistic about the timing or scheduling to get you in, but you have to double check with his nurses because they are the ones that really know more in this area.
They [FIRM- Jacksonville] are very busy. So you cannot get in as quickly as you might want. They are very professional, knowledgeable, and organized with the process. They are reasonable with prices compared to other facilities...The nurses are very knowledgeable and responsive and always return my phone calls.
Dr. Duffy spends a lot of time answering your questions and goes into good detail. He is very caring and you can tell he really supports you and wants to help you get the outcome that you want.
First I had a surgery with Dr. Duffy. He diagnosed me with uterine fibroids. Now I am in the process of freezing my eggs. So far he has prescribed me with Menopur, Cetrotide, Gonal F, and Lupron trigger.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
They are very busy. So you cannot get in as quickly as you might want. They are very professional, knowledgeable, and organized with the process. They are reasonable with prices compared to other facilities.
Egg cryopreservation was 7,950 included everything except meds. The medications were almost 4,000 from the pharmacy I used.
I have not made it to this step.
Jacksonville

Dr. Winslow is compassionate, knowledgeable, and honest...After each visit, I felt like Dr. Winslow was making the best decisions for my body and future baby. He explains each procedure and step thoroughly...He started with one round of oral medicines and timed intercourse. Later, we did 3 IUI procedures with oral medications and injections...Dr. Winslow retrieved 15 eggs, and only 2 made it to the day 5 blastocyst stage
Nurses of [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] are knowledgeable, compassionate, and most importantly personable...$25,000 total including 3 IUIs and 1 IVF round...Each team member, including doctors and nurses, are personable and genuinely interested in your dream to become a parent...Dr. Winslow suggested I only transfer one embryo, and I’ve always trusted him so that’s what we did!
Dr. Winslow is compassionate, knowledgeable, and honest. He has realistic expectations and truly gets to know each patient. His years of expertise is unbeatable. After each visit, I felt like Dr. Winslow was making the best decisions for my body and future baby. He explains each procedure and step thoroughly.
I would tell a prospective patient to simply trust him, and let him do what’s best for your body!
Dr. Winslow and his staff are AMAZING! They’re honest, personable, and caring!
After reviewing our test results, Dr. Winslow was proactive in planning our treatments but he didn’t want us to spend too much money without having to. Due to our unexplained infertility, he was compassionate and hopeful. He started with one round of oral medicines and timed intercourse. Later, we did 3 IUI procedures with oral medications and injections. After failed attempts, we moved onto IVF. Dr. Winslow retrieved 15 eggs, and only 2 made it to the day 5 blastocyst stage. According to the genetic testing results, one was abnormal and one was considered “no result”. We transferred the no result embryo only a couple days before the corona virus shut down the fertility world. We found out last week the embryo implanted!! We’re beyond excited and thankful for Dr. Winslow! My HCG numbers have been great this past week and we hope they continue to increase!
Dr. Winslow’s nursing staff is incredible!! They are knowledgeable, compassionate, and most importantly personable! Each one of them got to know me and my husband and would frequently ask us about our jobs and hobbies. We couldn’t ask for a better team of nurses!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine (FIRM) puts patients first! They are compassionate, proactive, and knowledgeable. Each team member, including doctors and nurses, are personable and genuinely interested in your dream to become a parent.
$25,000 total including 3 IUIs and 1 IVF round.
Jacksonville

Dr. Duffy is a brilliant fertility doctor. He stays up to date with the current research and applies it to his treatment. He was often rushed with appointments and late, but would take the time to stay and answer all my questions...He was mostly receptive to any additional testing I wanted, even if he didn’t completely recommend it...For egg stimulation, we used menopur, gonal F and cetrotide
[Florida Institute fore Reproductive Medicine] Strengths include the doctors who work there and their expertise. Weaknesses include the lack of communication at times between the doctors and nurses and the patients. Wait times for appointments could sometimes be really long, making it hard to estimate how much time would be needed to miss work.
Dr. Duffy is a brilliant fertility doctor. He stays up to date with the current research and applies it to his treatment. He was often rushed with appointments and late, but would take the time to stay and answer all my questions. He sometimes forgot the plan we discussed previously, so I would find myself having to remind him of things we previously discussed more than once. He was mostly receptive to any additional testing I wanted, even if he didn’t completely recommend it.
Be prepared for your appointments to take a long time since he is often late. Be prepared for him to talk fast and seem rushed, but jump in and ask all your questions and he will take the time to answer them. Do your research and advocate for yourself and you’ll have a great working relationship.
Dr. Duffy would sometimes forget details about my case or things we had discussed previously. I found myself sometimes having to remind him of “the plan” we had discussed. This may be attributed to the large number of patients he sees.
For egg stimulation, we used menopur, gonal F and cetrotide. Due to my lower AMH levels, we only retrieved 9 eggs, 3 of which made it to day 5 blast and only 1 was pgs normal. Before transfer, I did a ERA cycle with the receptiva dx biopsy with a protocol of estrogen, endometrin suppositories, and progesterone in oil.
The nursing staff sometimes seemed stressed and therefore could be short with patients. I sometimes felt like a burden whenever I called in with questions. Nursing didn’t always seem on top of communication. I never got a call with my pgs results after waiting more than 3 weeks. I also never got a return call about questions I had for the doctor the nurse was supposed to ask.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We were lucky enough to have fertility benefits through our insurance, but I was surprised by the amount of tests and procedures not covered by insurance. We ended up spending tens of thousands of dollars on medications and testing, equal the the same amount that people pay for IVF out of pocket.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I waited over 3 weeks for my pgs results on my embryos and no one ever called me. Finally I called the clinic for my results and it turned out they had them for a while but just never called. I also had questions for the doctor related to additional testing before our embryo transfer. The nurse said she would speak to my doctor and get back with me, but she never did. I had to wait until my next appointment to speak with the doctor directly.
Jacksonville

Dr. Sproul von Goeben was invaluable to us as we went through donor egg IVF. Her understanding and knowledgeability about my diagnosis, the medications and protocol she placed me on, and her referral to an endocrinologist to help manage my thyroid issues...For the transfer cycle, I was told the clinic’s typical protocol is Estradiol pills (Estrogen support), Endometrin vaginal suppositories, and injectable progesterone in oil ...
We paid over $30,000 to the clinic as part of the guarantee cycle (plus office visits + ultrasounds)...The FIRM has several clinics in the area. This is one of the reasons I chose them. They had clinics near where I worked and also where my husband worked. So he was able to do his semen analysis and things like that at the clinic near his work, and I did ultrasounds and appointments at the clinic closest to my work. The staff at all three clinics we wound up going to were friendly and helpful.
How was your experience with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Sproul von Goeben was invaluable to us as we went through donor egg IVF. Her understanding and knowledgeability about my diagnosis, the medications and protocol she placed me on, and her referral to an endocrinologist to help manage my thyroid issues, I believe, is the reason for our successful transfer!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
I would highly recommend Dr. Sproul von Goeben. She (and the staff at FIRM) are very helpful and responsive. When we try for a second child in another year or two, there is no doubt that we will return to see Dr. Sproul von Goeben!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Sproul von Goeben is very warm and friendly, while still maintaining professionalism and is honest and thorough when discussing diagnosis and treatment options.
Describe the protocols Kari Sproul von Goeben used in your cycles at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
For the transfer cycle, I was told the clinic’s typical protocol is Estradiol pills (Estrogen support), Endometrin vaginal suppositories, and injectable progesterone in oil (Progesterone support). I started estradiol pills 4 days after stopping birth control pills and then the Endometrin and injectable progesterone in oil the day our eggs were thawed & fertilized. So just those 3 medications unless Dr. Von Goeben specifically states otherwise. 1. Last birth control pill on ____ (date) 2. Start Estradiol 1mg taking 3 pills twice a day Four days later 3. Cryo Monitoring appointment was about 12 days after I started Estradiol. 4. Thawed and fertilized eggs the next day. And started progesterone support 5. Our transfer was 5 days later! Of our 6 frozen eggs, all six made the thaw, 5 fertilized, and 3 made it to day 5 blastocysts.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Amy Graham)
Strengths were that she was great and timely with communication. Amy is the Donor Nurse Coordinator and she is very good at what she does! My only complaint was that as we were deciding which cycle plan was right for us, there were criteria we had to hit that was not told to us up front. So I would feel like we were good to move forward, and then was told we needed to do something else/make sure we hit certain criteria to qualify for one of the programs. I understand the need for this, I just wish those things had been told to us upfront.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kari Sproul von Goeben at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic was very upfront about fees for cycles. Also recommended a pharmacy with decent prices for fertility medication. We paid over $30,000 to the clinic as part of the guarantee cycle (plus office visits + ultrasounds)
Describe Kari Sproul von Goeben's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
For us, Dr. Sproul von Goeben recommended single embryo transfer. She explained how getting two babies for one cycle can seem like a good idea, but oftentimes pregnancy with multiples can come with extra risks for mother & babies, and that twins can be delivered early and need time in the NICU, etc. I was comfortable with the decision. I had a failed embryo transfer with another doctor years ago (fresh cycle) and transferred 2 embryos, and neither implanted. I won’t dive into issues with the other doctor/clinic here. I will just reiterate that Dr. Sproul von Goeben and the FIRM have my full trust in taking care of my health and helping us to achieve a healthy pregnancy.

2020, Unknown Success
[Dr. Duffy] is kind, compassionate and extremely caring. He takes his to time answer any questions you may have and is very thorough in explaining everything...believes I was misdiagnosed with PCOS by my previous doctor after going over my test results. Being that my AMH levels are very high, he said I had time so he suggested to do 1 or 2 cycles of IUI’s before going down the IVF route...always remembers me and is very personable. He has a great bedside manner.
I really love it at [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]. Everyone is so kind and professional. They are organized which was something my last clinic was not. I never feel like a number... I never feel rushed and I haven’t had a bad experience with any member of their staff...Dr. Duffy is kind, compassionate and extremely caring. He takes his to time answer any questions you may have and is very thorough in explaining everything. You can tell he is very passionate about helping his patients.
Ask questions and trust him. He knows what he’s doing.
I never felt like a number. Dr. Duffy is very kind and caring.
Dr. Duffy believes I was misdiagnosed with PCOS by my previous doctor after going over my test results. Being that my AMH levels are very high, he said I had time so he suggested to do 1 or 2 cycles of IUI’s before going down the IVF route. The day of the IUI, he examined my husband’s sperm and it came back very low. Which was a surprised because my husband has had 2 sperm analysts that not came back normal in the past. He suggested we move forward with the IUI because even though count was extremely low(200k), a small chance of pregnancy is better than no chance at all. We moved forward and Dr. Duffy scheduled another semen analysis for my husband the following week. Those results came in higher but are still a little low(10million). Dr. Duffy requested blood tests on my husband to see if their are any other issues and we are waiting on those. Meanwhile the IUI was unsuccessful but we are moving forward with a second round of IUI because we don’t want to waste a cycle. By the time, of my cycle day 12 ovulation ultrasound, my husband’s test results will come back and we’ll know if he has any hormonal issues that’s causing his low sperm count. If on the day of our IUI, the sperm count comes in extremely low again, Dr. Duffy will go over our options then.
Everyone is kind and professional.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I really love it at FIRM. Everyone is so kind and professional. They are organized which was something my last clinic was not. I never feel like a number. I especially love Dr. Duffy. He always remembers me and is very personable. He has a great bedside manner. He’s very thorough in explaining procedures and his reasoning for doing things. I never feel rushed and I haven’t had a bad experience with any member of their staff.
I believe the cost is very reasonable. It’s been less expensive than the last doctor I saw but with a far better experience.

2020, Unknown Success
We struggled at our OBGYN to find a diagnosis for our infertility for about a year. Dr. Winslow found it in the first month. My husband actually has low sperm morphology...[he] suggested three to four rounds of medicated (Letrozole) IUI...[he] is a very blunt person. I know many couples can be sensitive when it comes to fertility treatments. This type of personality may not work for all couples
We use the Tallahassee office [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] because it is closest to us. It is easy to get to, has its own parking lot, and is small (which we like). The waiting room and the exam rooms are very nice and clean, but still cozy and welcoming. The receptionist is awesome! She is kind, organized, and thorough. She has filled out several grant requests for us and did it quickly and efficiently
Dr. Winslow is a very blunt person. I know many couples can be sensitive when it comes to fertility treatments. This type of personality may not work for all couples. However, my husband and I appreciate his bluntness. He is not going to sugarcoat anything for you, which I think is important so you don't develop false hope. He will answer any and all questions you may have as simply and to-the-point as he can.
Don't be afraid to ask questions. He may not give you a ton of information outright. I think he does this so not to overwhelm you. However, he will answer any question you throw at him.
The office I go to for my appointments is very small. I have never waited more than ten or so minutes to be seen. While in our appointments, my husband and I tend to ask many questions. We have never felt rushed or like we were bothering Dr. Winslow. He was always happy to answer any questions we had. He also takes the time to explain things to you in simple terms if you ask.
We struggled at our OBGYN to find a diagnosis for our infertility for about a year. Dr. Winslow found it in the first month. My husband actually has low sperm morphology. Therefore, Dr. Winslow suggested three to four rounds of medicated (Letrozole) IUI. In our first round, I produced one egg, but the IUI was unsuccessful. Therefore, Dr. Winslow increased the dosage of the Letrozole. I'm in the midst of my second IUI cycle, but have produced two eggs this time. In both rounds, I received a trigger shot as well.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Linda Fricke)
Linda is amazing! She makes you feel so comfortable and welcome. She is very compassionate. She is eager to answer questions, and she tries to make information easy to understand. She remembers you as a patient and the smallest details you tell her.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We use the Tallahassee office because it is closest to us. It is easy to get to, has its own parking lot, and is small (which we like). The waiting room and the exam rooms are very nice and clean, but still cozy and welcoming. The receptionist is awesome! She is kind, organized, and thorough. She has filled out several grant requests for us and did it quickly and efficiently. We love the staff at this office! The only downfall to the office is that it's so small, you can hear everything in the office.
For a medicated IUI with a trigger shot, I believe the cost was close to $1,000. However, we were offered 20% off on our first round of IUI because it was canceled due to COVID-19. We received an IVF estimate from the clinic. They estimated $13,000 to the facility and high-balled the medicine estimate to be $5,000.
FIRM Tallahassee

We had a great experience with Dr. Winslow. Both my husband and I trusted him and felt that he took the right amount of time with us as patients. He never brushed us off, he took our questions & concerns seriously and he was very kind. I always felt that he truly cared for me as a patient...Through the process, I always felt that he was giving us the very best advice
This clinic is amazing at making you feel at ease. The nurses and staff are fun, kind and compassionate—everything they should be. But more importantly, the doctors are all at the top of their game. I felt like this clinic was committed to giving me the very best care. If you're at the FIRM, it's because you want a baby...Entire process for first round of embryo creation, freezing and transfer, about $18k total...I always felt that this was the team that would get us there.
If your meeting with him is only a few minutes long or the clinic takes a couple days to get back to you, don't take it personally. Dr. Winslow is at the top of his game and while they have A LOT of patients—he truly cares for you as an individual. I have several friends who have successfully had babies after severe infertility issues. He is absolutely the best. You may only get a few minutes, but Dr. Winslow cares.
Dr. Winslow was amazing! He treated us with warmth and compassion. Infertility is full of uncertainties. There aren't any guarantees. Through the process, I always felt that he was giving us the very best advice—he is definitely an expert in his field. My old OBGYN used to minimize my concerns, brush me off and tell me to relax. In four years of seeing her, she never recommended the proper diagnostic treatments. Dr. Winslow was the polar opposite. While appointments aren't lengthy, I felt like our time with him was valuable. He listened, answered questions, took us seriously and got right to the bottom of our issues fast. I trusted that his plan was the right one for us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: April)
April was our primary IVF nurse at the Tallahassee office. She was always positive and a joy to be around. She took the time to explain everything to us clearly, but she also treated us like humans. The whole staff at the FIRM is truly awesome—they're encouraging and compassionate. If there's any issue or oversight, they are quick to correct it and get you what you need. 100% dependable.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is amazing at making you feel at ease. The nurses and staff are fun, kind and compassionate—everything they should be. But more importantly, the doctors are all at the top of their game. I felt like this clinic was committed to giving me the very best care. If you're at the FIRM, it's because you want a baby. I always felt that this was the team that would get us there.
Entire IVF egg retrieval + ICSI + freezing + first transfer = about $12k. Plus genetic testing = about $3k. Plus medications = about $4.5k. Entire process for first round of embryo creation, freezing and transfer, about $18k total.
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Duffy has been so kind and explains every step along the way. During my procedure I felt no pain and he was very attentive...I drive 1 hr for weekly appointments with no insurance coverage for fertility but because the reputation of this practice is worth the commute.
I’m very happy with my experience at the Firm [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]!...Sometimes you have to wait in the exam room for a little while but it’s worth the wait, when it’s your turn you are the sole focus...I highly recommend this practice
I was told my friends how uncomfortable/painful the HSG would be but when Dr. Duffy did the procedure he was very attentive on how I was feeling and what I was experiencing, the catheter placement was completely painless & he talked to though every step, he showed me the images and made sure I had no pain the entire time. During our weekly ultrasounds he is very attentive and communicates everything he sees and all his concerns and any potential risks that may arise in my treatment plan. I feel very comfortable asking questions and I know I will get an answer I understand. His bedside manner is superb! I’m very happy with my experience at the Firm!
Don’t wait schedule your appointment but save, it’s expensive. I did not realize how often I would be in the office and I love it because I feel like every week I get to be updated and informed on the process but those weekly visits add up and it gets expensive quick. But the experience is worth it! I have only positive experiences so far! We waited 2 months to make our first appointment because we were nervous and didn’t know what to expect, I regret waiting! This has been great so far!
Dr. Duffy has been so kind and explains every step along the way. During my procedure I felt no pain and he was very attentive. I am in the beginning part of my journey we started 4 months ago and it took 3 rounds of clomid to get me to respond, unfortunately we haven’t been pregnant yet but it takes time. I am on day 3 of my next cycle which will result in IUI. Dr. Duffy has been light hearted, he makes me very comfortable, and has a very positive outlook and he is confident I will be successful. It feels great knowing he is hoping for success just as much as my own family. I work in the hospital he operates out of, ironically I do ultrasounds for a living, I have coworkers who have been in the OR with him & shared how sweet he was to other patients as well. Knowing his reputation on a staff member level and a patient level is all the more comforting & he was highly recommended by my peers! I feel lucky to be a patient of the FIRM, I drive 1 hr for weekly appointments with no insurance coverage for fertility but because the reputation of this practice is worth the commute. Anyone in the Jacksonville area needing a fertility specialist I recommend Dr. Duffy at the firm! He spends time talking to you every week on what is going on with your cycle and what is the next step. He is happy to answer questions and never makes you feel like he has to rush to other patients or things to attend to, when he is in your room you are the only patient.
I had bloodwork which included hormone levels, metabolic panels, vitamin levels, standard genetic testing and specific genetic testing because I was born with a birth defect, . My husband had a semen analysis and genetic testing/labs. I had an HSG. My labs showed I am not a carrier for any major genetic abnormalities, my vitamin D level was very low & confirmed I do have PCOS. My HSG showed my tubs were open and not blocked. My husband’s labs came back normal and so did his semen analysis. My weekly ultrasounds showed my follicles we’re not matured until about the 3/4th round of clomid then I had two mature follicles and was given a trigger shot to ovulate. Unfortunately timed intercourse was unsuccessful.
There is limited nursing staff because the physicians are very hands on! The staff checks you in and out and checks vitals, they also chaperone any procedure, everyone in the office is professional, positive and kind!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Sometimes you have to wait in the exam room for a little while but it’s worth the wait, when it’s your turn you are the sole focus! Everyone is so kind and informative l, I highly recommend this practice, we have been to 3 different locations and all other then have been great!
It’s expensive but realistic, all their prices are available on their website. An ultrasound costs $125, that’s fairly cheap, the same ultrasound in a outpatient setting is around $1000+. The worst part is that many health insurances do not cover infertility, like my insurance. Unfortunately it’s all out of pocket expenses.
I have many tiny follicles and Dr. Duffy is concerned about high order multiples, he would like me to consider IVF so he can control the amount of embryos. He shared that I can choose one embryo transfer or two. Anything else is unethical and not worth the risk of high order multiples.
2017 - 2020, Successful
[Dr. von Goeben] made sure both me and my husband understood everything and would always answer all our questions. She gave us facts and statistics, and allowed us to make our own informed decisions. I was able to advocate for myself if there was something I disagreed with, and always felt in charge and in the know with my treatment and protocols...Doctor VonGoben is an advocate for single embryo transfers. During our first transfer, we elected to put both our embryos in...For our second and third transfer, we went with a single embryo like she recommended...
All the [FIRM] nurses, no matter what location I went to were always so kind and helpful...The only issue I had with this clinic was the billing department. We got upfront cost ahead of time and paid the bills before services were rendered and I feel that was wrong. They also switched billing in the middle of our cycles and there were lots of discrepancies and errors we are still trying to deal with.
From our first appointment and beginning steps, Doctor VonGoeben was kind and compassionate. She made sure both me and my husband understood everything and would always answer all our questions. She gave us facts and statistics, and allowed us to make our own informed decisions. I was able to advocate for myself if there was something I disagreed with, and always felt in charge and in the know with my treatment and protocols. We started with an IUI and moved to IVF. We have gone back for another transfer and plan to go back again when the time is right for another.
Trust her. Ask your questions, she will never make you feel stupid for asking something or wanting to fully understand more.
Doctor VG was always so kind and friendly at all our appointments. She remembered details about my life and family and always made me feel safe.
We started in 2017 with all the fertility diagnostic testing. We then had a Clomid cycle and IUI which did not result in a pregnancy. We decided to wait a while before going back and moving forward with IVF. In 2018, we had our first egg retrieval and created 6 embryos, after PGS testing we had 2 normal embryos. We transferred both, and did not get pregnant. We immediately did another egg retrieval but added the drug Omnitrope to our protocol, this resulted in 11 embryos. After PGS testing, we had 3 healthy embryos, and 1 that needs retesting. We did a frozen embryo transfer in March of 2019 that gave us our daughter. We did another frozen embryo transfer in January of 2021 and are currently pregnant with our son.
All the nurses, no matter what location I went to were always so kind and helpful. I always felt like a friend and welcomed when I came to the clinic.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
We had partial coverage with insurance but we typically paid between $6,000-$10,000 (including medications) per egg retrieval
Doctor VonGoben is an advocate for single embryo transfers. During our first transfer, we elected to put both our embryos in, and unfortunately we did not get pregnant. For our second and third transfer, we went with a single embryo like she recommended and got pregnant both times.

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Duffy] spent a lot of time with me answering all my questions. He always made sure I was comfortable with the procedure. He has a great bedside manner...When I first saw Dr. Duffy I had very larger fibroids. Dr. Duffy was able to preserve my fertility. The other doctors I had consults with were talking about a hysterotomy. He was very skilled and was able to remove all 11 of my fibroids and keep my uterus intact...
The nurses [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] were knowledgeable and helpful. They were kind and always answered my questions. Sometimes they get busy and don't always call you back...The clinic is very busy. They have lots of patients. Slots fill up quickly, so be prepared for that. They store the eggs you freeze on site, which is convenient. Everyone is very friendly and the office environment is nice....
Take notes during the appointment. He goes over a lot of information and it is hard to remember it all.
He spent a lot of time with me answering all my questions. He always made sure I was comfortable with the procedure. He has a great bedside manner.
Now, I am in the start of the egg freezing process with him. He wanted me to get a myomectomy first and then proceed to the egg freezing. He also suggested I freeze embryo and not just my eggs due to my age. He thought that would give my more of a chance at success when I come back to unfreeze.
The nurses were knowledgeable and helpful. They were kind and always answered my questions. Sometimes they get busy and don't always call you back.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The egg freezing with my eggs and with an embryo is 10,050. The medicine was an additional 4,000.
I have not done this.
2020, Unsuccessful
Dr. Duffy was very thorough and knowledgable with his fertility information education. He asked us lots of personal questions, why we were there and what we wanted to accomplish. He set a treatment plan that seemed to work with what information we knew for ourselves...[protocol] Clomid and Letrazole for 5 days on period day 3. Day 10, Ultrasound, ovulation booster shot and progesterone meds, followed by IUI on day 12.
The nursing staff [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] was very friendly and warm. Made myself and husband feel comfortable and like we mattered...The wait times can be lengthy. There is a little feeling of rushing through the appointments but don't know what else to expect for them...[clinic error]Had bloodwork done early in process but doctor never saw it to review before first cycle procedure.
Dr Duffy is very smart, educated and passionate about fertility. It shows in his detailed communication at each meeting. He does tend to talk fast and a lot so asking questions and getting clarity is important.
Make sure to ask questions whenever you have them. Its easy to leave an appointment without asking anything because of the trust and open ears when he is talking, you tend to forget.
Dr Duffy was very thorough and knowledgable with his fertility information education. He asked us lots of personal questions, why we were there and what we wanted to accomplish. He set a treatment plan that seemed to work with what information we knew for ourselves.
The nursing staff was very friendly and warm. Made myself and husband feel comfortable and like we mattered.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic seems very busy which is good in that they have a good rep. The wait times can be lengthy. There is a little feeling of rushing through the appointments but don't know what else to expect for them.
What specific things went wrong at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine?
Had bloodwork done early in process but doctor never saw it to review before first cycle procedure. I had to ask about it. Front desk lady added some bloodwork tests to work order but didnt seem to know for sure if they were needed or not.
Jacksonville

My experience [with Dr. Kari Sproul von Goeben] has been wonderful. She makes me and my husband feel comfortable every time, easy to talk to and very caring. Every appointment she always explains , walks ya through next steps, etc. I would highly recommend her to anyone of my friends...If you are looking for a compassionate, yet knowledgeable doctor. She’s the one to go too!
One weakness [of Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] would be there billing returning phone calls to explain billing information. There strength would be very helpful, warm, caring, positive, and knowledgeable. They even help work around your work schedule...Around $800 each IUI cycle...My experience has been wonderful. She [Dr. von Goeben] makes me and my husband feel comfortable every time, easy to talk to and very caring.
My experience has been wonderful. She makes me and my husband feel comfortable every time, easy to talk to and very caring. Every appointment she always explains , walks ya through next steps, etc. I would highly recommend her to anyone of my friends.
I feel like a human with my Doctor. She’s the absolute best.
My husband and I are under the umbrella of unexplained infertility. Before going to Dr. Von Goeben we tried clomid twice through our GYNO and had an HSG test, all we clear. Unfortunately, the clomid didn’t work after over a year and half of trying a little help with clomid we decided to see a fertility specialist. First steps was bloodwork to check health and egg reserve which is normal. Next times was IUI we have that that four times with not success. Here we are 2.5 years later still trying to start a family. It’s very frustrating when my husband and I are health.
Wonderful!!
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
One weakness would be there billing returning phone calls to explain billing information. There strength would be very helpful, warm, caring, positive, and knowledgeable. They even help work around your work schedule.
Around $800 each IUI cycle
Jacksonville

[Dr. Kari Sproul von Goeben] is very personable...easily available...Sometimes talks fast but will repeat herself if needed...I can tell she cares about me with the good outcomes and the bad...Had frozen embryos, transferred one, resulted in pregnancy but then miscarriage...Knowledgable about next steps as I am not the typical patient I feel.
Very nice staff. Sees you quickly [at Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine]...2 locations near me and seems to be available for multiple appointments and times. I was able to see another doctor for treatment when mine wasn't available in the time frame required...They had a discount on FET which was helpful.
Dr von Goeben is great, easily available, tries to explain everything Sometimes talks fast but will repeat herself if needed. I can tell she cares about me with the good outcomes and the bad. Knowledgable about next steps as I am not the typical patient I feel.
If you dont I understand, ask agai
She is very personable and seems to care
Had frozen embryos, transferred one, resulted in pregnancy but then miscarriage. Trying again
Very nice staff. Sees you quickly
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
2 locations near me and seems to be available for multiple appointments and times. I was able to see another doctor for treatment when mine wasn't available in the time frame required. I really cant think of any weaknesses. They had a discount on FET which was helpful
Consultation was free. Preliminary ultrasounds were extra in addition to the embryo transfer. Genetic testing was extra if you wanted it
Prefers single transfer in my situation but says she will do 2 if I want

2020, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Goeben] is very thorough with her explanations. Has a good bed side manner. She made me feel as if she always remembers my case details...She is friendly and thorough on her explanation of everything. She does have a tendency to talk very fast so it’s sometimes hard to take in everything she is explaining all at once. She seemed to be understanding of my issues. It seems like She is on the lesser aggressive side when it come to treatments.
All of the [Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine] staff seems very friendly with great personalities...The initial consultation was $100.00. All test besides semen analysis were already done by my gynecologist. The follow up was also $100.00. I have spent about $800-$900 per iui...The clinic is very welcoming and I haven’t had any issues scheduling appointments. They have multiple office which works out well when trying to schedule. All 3 Doctors had a good bedside manner. I’m hoping for a positive outcome with my situation. I haven’t had any bad or negative experiences with this office.
To make sure you have a pen and paper ready. She gives a ton of information but is a very faced pace speaker.
She is very thorough with her explanations. Has a good bed side manner. She made me feel as if she always remembers my case details.
After going over all my test results that were previously done by my gynecologist office. I was told I wouldn’t need Ivf that she would like to start with iui. After 2 unsuccessful iuis I was told by another Dr at the practice that it looks like iui won’t work and IVF is needed.
All of the staff seems very friendly with great personalities. I don’t have anything negative to say at all.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
I don’t have any experience with this topic yet.
Jacksonville

It’s great how this clinic [FL Institute for Reproductive Med-Jacksonville] allows you to have a primary doctor. It is comforting to 9 times out of 10 always see the same doctor and build a patient/doctor relationship with them. It really helps heighten your level of comfort in such uncomfortable times.... All of the nurses and medical assistants have been so helpful. One in particular has made herself readily available via text or phone for us through this entire process which has helped with all of our numerous questions at all times of the day. They really want you to succeed as much as you want to.
We came to Dr. Duffy after 3 attempts at another clinic. We had already been through 4 untested embryos, resulting in a chemical and a missed miscarriage. Dr. Duffy recommended PGS screening and the ERA for us immediately. We ended up miscarrying at 8 weeks with our one normal embryo from that cycle and although we are sad, we also are moving forward because Dr. Duffy has gotten us further than any other doctor. We trust him and know he will work his hardest to get us the baby we have been waiting for.
Sometimes dr. Duffy can run behind for appointments but it’s only because he spends as much time as needed with each patient.
Dr. Duffy has been very caring and supportive through the entire process.
We used birth control followed by gonal f and menopur with our stims cycle. Dr. Duffy had us add in human growth hormone to help with egg quality.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
It’s great how this clinic allows you to have a primary doctor. It is comforting to 9 times out of 10 always see the same doctor and build a patient/doctor relationship with them. It really helps heighten your level of comfort in such uncomfortable times.
Since we have been with dr. Duffy, our insurance coverage has kicked in and has substantially helped with costs.

2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr. Von Goeben (having gone through infertity treatments herself), is very warm and welcoming. She is compassionate, in one of the hardest industries. She has been very patient and thorough with my husband and I which has helped us a lot....I’ve been treated for unexplained infertility since late 2017. I began with the normal testing, including testing for my husband. We then went into clomid and clomid plus trigger shot plus IUIs. I ended up needing surgery to remove some cysts that were not resolving on their own. We are now moving into IVF.
Strengthens- Relatively easy to get an appointment, including weekends and same day. Having multiple locations [Florida Institute for Repro Med] is very nice. Weaknesses- The administrative staff is not the best (particularly their billing staff). With infertify, some tests are very time sensitive and once my account was put on hold, because the staff collected the wrong amount.... IUI Cycles-$500-$600 a cycle. Clomid was covered under my insurance at the local pharmacy. IVF- early stages so unsure of the exact costs.
Trust her and follow her lead. She knows what she is doing and it’s a process that may take longer than you want.
As a provider, Dr. Von Goerban truly cares about me as a patient. When I come back into the office after a failed cycle, I’ve been greeted with a warm smile and a hug, which has helped ease how hard this process has been. She’s been through it herself so she has first hand knowledge.
Describe your experience with Florida Institute for Reproductive Medicine.
Strengthens- Relatively easy to get an appointment, including weekends and same day. Having multiple locations is very nice. Weaknesses- The administrative staff is not the best (particularly their billing staff). With infertify, some tests are very time sensitive and once my account was put on hold, because the staff collected the wrong amount.
IUI Cycles-$500-$600 a cycle. Clomid was covered under my insurance at the local pharmacy. IVF- early stages so unsure of the exact costs. Early indication suggest $7-$8k a round plus medications. Our insurance will not cover it nor the medications.