Genetic counseling is not offered

Unknown
Austin, TX unknown
512-956-5006

2020 - 2021, Unsuccessful
Appointments [with Dr. Crawford] were rushed. She talked to me as if I knew all of the acronyms, the processes or remembered every single word she told me from previous visits. Dr Crawford did not like when I asked questions or challenged something she said. She used a lot of generalizations as it related to my own very personal and unique situation....
All staff and doctors [at Fora Fertility] are women which I typically like. In general there is a lack of professionalism and accountability...She [nurse] was the least detailed oriented person and had next to no compassion. It was obvious she didn't like her job and she ultimately left the clinic...Crawford will only transfer one embryo at a time due to the risks of multiples....
How was your experience with Natalie Crawford at Fora Fertility?
I started seeing Dr Crawford at another clinic. Initially, I was very impressed by her. She is very active on social media and has her own podcast which can be very educational and helpful! Unfortunately, she's not as she appears on social media. I can absolutely see the appeal from followers who aren't her actual patients. But she is not the same at all once you become a patient. I followed her to her new practice because I was afraid to start over with someone new. She had a lot of growing pains opening the new office. She even charged more for the same thing I had already paid for at the old clinic and got refunded to follow her. Absolutely no loyalty. I did two ivf cycles and had 1 embryo which was not successful. Ultimately, I was a patient of hers for 1.5 years before switching to a new Dr. Upon switching, I learned I had a significant uterine disorder that was not curable. How did she miss that? Did she know and not tell me? Had I known I could no longer carry, I would have seeked out a GC. My new Dr easily found it on ultrasound only a couple of months after I stopped seeing Crawford. She cost me my one and only embryo.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Crawford at Fora Fertility?
If your situation is anything outside of the normal happy path, seek another Dr. Don't let her social media, podcasts or YouTube videos lure you in. She doesn't put the same effort or passion into her patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Crawford at Fora Fertility?
Appointments were rushed. She talked to me as if I knew all of the acronyms, the processes or remembered every single word she told me from previous visits. Dr Crawford did not like when I asked questions or challenged something she said. She used a lot of generalizations as it related to my own very personal and unique situation.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fora Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Lexi)
She was the least detailed oriented person and had next to no compassion. It was obvious she didn't like her job and she ultimately left the clinic.
Describe your experience with Fora Fertility.
All staff and doctors are women which I typically like. In general there is a lack of professionalism and accountability. Sometimes bigger practices can be off putting but at least they run more like a well oiled machine. Fora has a ways to go.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Crawford at Fora Fertility.
IVF cycle with pgs testing was roughly 28k
Describe Natalie Crawford's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fora Fertility.
Crawford will only transfer one embryo at a time due to the risks of multiples.
What specific things went wrong at Fora Fertility?
Natalie Crawford

2020, Unsuccessful
My first experience with Dr. Crawford was an HSG...walked in to the exam room, barely introduced herself and didn’t ask me any questions about why I was there or provide information about what was going to happen...did the procedure which was extremely painful and told me not to sit up and opened the door with my feet still in the stirrups, exposing me to anyone outside the door and left. I was not able to talk to Dr. Crawford or get any information at all unless I scheduled a separate appointment two weeks later to “establish care” even though I had just had an invasive procedure in her office.
The staff at Fora is very apathetic. They provide very little information and if they do help you at all, they make it seem like they are going way out of their way for you. Everything about my experience with Fora staff has been very questionable and it made my treatment much much more difficult then it should have been...would not schedule me or let me know what days were available or even talk to me at all until I paid in full online.
How was your experience with Natalie Crawford at Fora Fertility?
I was given very little information from Dr. Crawford. I had to switch doctors as soon as I was able and found out from my new provider that I was not the first patient to leave Fora Fertility because of bad experiences. Dr. Crawford prescribed me medications that my new provider indicated were not necessary and I should not be taking. I was prescribed these medications from Dr. Crawford without any information on what she was prescribing and why, or how to take them. I had an idea that was the case so I pushed back on this and Fora demanded that I take them and called me to make sure I took the meds. My new provider has had many concerns about Dr. Crawfords approach to my treatment. Additionally, I was not given any information on when my surgery would need to be scheduled. I was not given a timeframe or any details to prepare which I had asked for because I needed to prepare to take time off of work. They would not schedule me or let me know what days were available or even talk to me at all until I paid in full online. There was a line item for an unexplained dollar amount for services rendered that day and I was required to submit payment without a bill, an explanation, or any idea of when the producer would happen (or if it would happen at all). I was forced to pay to get anyone to talk to me and then I received a call with the time of my surgery. Still no date provided... and then I found out it was schedule one day out which put my life in a panic. My new provider let me know that this is a procedure that can most certainly be planned for and scheduled ahead of time so the entire experience was not only nerve racking but completely unnecessary.
I would never recommend that a friend or prospective patient seek care with Dr. Crawford. My advice would be to search for a reputable clinic.
My first experience with Dr. Crawford was an HSG. She walked in to the exam room, barely introduced herself and didn’t ask me any questions about why I was there or provide information about what was going to happen. She did the procedure which was extremely painful and told me not to sit up and opened the door with my feet still in the stirrups, exposing me to anyone outside the door and left. I was not able to talk to Dr. Crawford or get any information at all unless I scheduled a separate appointment two weeks later to “establish care” even though I had just had an invasive procedure in her office.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fora Fertility.
Describe your experience with Fora Fertility.
This clinic was pretty sketchy. I did not feel at any time like I was working with a team of medical professionals. Their communication, billing practices, treatments, and especially facility all left much to be desired.
Unsure
What specific things went wrong at Fora Fertility?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fora Fertility.
I should also mention that after my consultation with Dr. Crawford she provided a treatment plan and indicated that her team would contact me for next steps and testing. This never happened and I have not been able to have any of these tests done. If you want to get treated at Fora you have to fight for yourself. Hard.
Natalie Crawford