Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1800 Mistletoe Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76104
817-348-8145
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Fort Worth Fertility to a friend?

1 doctor
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I did two IUI treatments with him [Dr. Kaufmann] and then two rounds of IVF one IVF with my own egg and one with donor eggs... I never questioned his protocol of medications he did what he thought was best for the circumstances I was in...He gives you an option to transfer one or two embryos based off of each individual circumstances...he does not treat you just like a number he wants to know about you as a human being about your history about your family life he is an exceptionally great doctor
IVF treatment typically with your own eggs [at Fort Worth Fertility] cost about 13 to 15000 getting donor eggs and one round of transfer is about 23 to 25,000...Overall I have all positive thoughts of the clinic , just ask questions and request receipts for all treatments... Be prepared to have several very quick appointments, just having labs. Most if the time they get you in before your appointment time...Three different nurses three different times one for IUI one for IVF with my own egg and one with IVF with donor egg and all of them were very good on communicating with me and being able to answer questions via phone or email
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Kaufman is definitely a people person he will take the time to explain anything and everything to you he does put his patients first... He can relate to his patients as he and his wife have been through fertility treatments as well both positive and negative results
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Always ask questions be honest and truthful and be prepared that he will be very blunt but honest
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufman is an exceptionally great doctor he does not treat you just like a number he wants to know about you as a human being about your history about your family life he is an exceptionally great doctor
Describe the protocols Robert Kaufmann used in your cycles at Fort Worth Fertility and their degree of success.
I did two IUI treatments with him and then two rounds of IVF one IVF with my own egg and one with donor eggs... I never questioned his protocol of medications he did what he thought was best for the circumstances I was in
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: All of them)
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility.
It's all very expensive make sure you get paperwork showing what you're paying for and ask questions IVF treatment typically with your own eggs cost about 13 to 15000 getting donor eggs and one round of transfer is about 23 to 25,000
Describe Robert Kaufmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fort Worth Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
On one round of IUI, I had to call for my beta test results. No one called me all day. Called last five minutes before they closed and got results
Fort Worth

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility.

Dr. Kaufmann himself has called me the evenings of both negative betas to see how me and my husband were doing...I really appreciate that Dr. Kaufmann himself takes the time to call us each cycle. He explains our options, why things may or may not be successful, and accepts our input. He is personal and friendly during visits and sets a calm mood. He is positive without being fake or overly optimistic...
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] does an outstanding job and scheduling. I have always had a call returned the same day within a few hours. Every person I’ve spoken with on the phone has been kind and patient. I have never encountered anyone at the clinic who seemed to be in a bad mood. My wait times have consistently been short. The staff is upfront about costs and is willing to answer questions...
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. The team has always been willing to answer my questions.
The staff in the office asked me questions to get to know me. They would remember things about me and bring them up again. They took the extra time to be personable. Dr. Kaufmann himself has called me the evenings of both negative betas to see how me and my husband were doing.
I had an initial intake consultations during which a transvaginal ultrasound was performed and bloodwork was done. I had an HSG which was nearly painless and found no problems. My husband had a semen analysis done by the lab which showed adequate results. We have done two IUI cycles. I did 100mg of Clomid on days 4-8. I had monitoring appointments, at which I begin Estrace for a thin lining. I triggered with an Ovidrel shot and then went in 36 hours later for the IUI. Semen was collected at home each time and then taken to the clinic for washing. I began Prometrium two days after the IUI until 14dpiui, when I went in for a beta test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla)
I’ve primarily worked with Priscilla but have also seen a few other nurses. Each nurse has been patient, warm, and kind. Priscilla is prompt with answering questions and returning phone calls. She works to accommodate my schedule with making appointments. Her directions have always been clear and easy to understand and she has provided opportunities for asking questions.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic does an outstanding job and scheduling. I have always had a call returned the same day within a few hours. Every person I’ve spoken with on the phone has been kind and patient. I have never encountered anyone at the clinic who seemed to be in a bad mood. My wait times have consistently been short. The staff is upfront about costs and is willing to answer questions.
My husband’s semen analysis was approximately $90. Our initial consult was around $300. My HSG has a negotiated rate through insurance and was only around $200. Each IUI cycle costs $975 and includes all monitoring appointments. Semen preparation for IUI is around $150.
Fort Worth

He [Dr. Kaufmann] has compassion for his patients as well. He shared that he went through the ivf process himself with his wife so he understands the emotional side of this process as well. Every time I go to the clinic, even just for bloodwork, he is always available and makes a point to say ‘hello’. He does not rush through appointments and makes sure that my questions and concerns are addressed...My first treatment was IUI. I was started on Clomid and monitored with ultrasounds.
Amber was my ivf coordinator and Priscilla was my IUI coordinator [at Fort Worth Fertility] Both are very knowledgeable and made sure my husband and I understood our injection instructions and cycle calendars. They are both available by phone or email...Most monitoring was done with lab work. All labs must be done before 1030 in order to have the results back same day. So all monitoring had to be scheduled before 10:30. It was easy to pick my time slot and they were willing to work with my work schedule.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann is very professional and personable at the same time. He is very smart but takes time to explain things to me. He has compassion for his patients as well. He shared that he went through the ivf process himself with his wife so he understands the emotional side of this process as well. Every time I go to the clinic, even just for bloodwork, he is always available and makes a point to say ‘hello’. He does not rush through appointments and makes sure that my questions and concerns are addressed.
Ask questions, because he will answer them. And trust him, because he knows this specialty very well.
Dr. Kaufmann treated me as a person. He never rushes through appointments and takes the time to get to know my husband and I. He was even available by cell phone on Christmas Eve when I was sick.
My first treatment was IUI. I was started on Clomid and monitored with ultrasounds. I did not respond to clomid so I was put on Gonal F. My husband has low sperm counts so we tried IUI first but it failed. Dr. Kaufmann gave us the option of referring my husband to a urologist but we opted not to and proceeded with IVF. My first IVF cycle Dr. Kaufmann was concerned that I would develop OHSS so he triggered me with Lupron instead of HCG shot. I did not get OHSS. We froze our embryos and then did a frozen transfer the following cycle. I got pregnant but miscarried because my beta was not increasing. We opted to get pgs testing done with the next frozen transfer but the second transfer failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber and Priscilla)
The nursing staff is amazing! Everyone is so friendly and personable. Amber was my ivf coordinator and Priscilla was my IUI coordinator. Both are very knowledgeable and made sure my husband and I understood our injection instructions and cycle calendars. They are both available by phone or email. If you called or emailed they will get back to you same day. They are also very compassionate, especially during the harder times.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Strengths: Professional, clean, knowledgeable, easily available by phone, same day lab results, very knowledgeable with current research. Weaknesses: Not all of the nurses know the pricing. There is a financial person there and she is the only one who can answer questions about cost.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fort Worth Fertility.
I would estimate the IUI maybe approximately $2500 and the IVF with two frozen embryo transfers and PGS testing And meds $25000
With my age and health, Dr. Kaufmann gave my husband and I the option and we chose to transfer two. He did educate us on the risks and statistics of multiples.
Fort Worth

Dr Kaufmann like to do the “Stairstep” method where he would start at a low dose of Femara and then if the results of the scans weren’t where he wanted he upped the Femara dose and added Clomid as well and after that round if he didn’t like the scan he would increase the dose even more... all within one cycle...was very hard to get a hold of, and I only saw him at my consulation appointment. We sat in his office and he wrote down my history. During that time I felt like he was annoyed and just trying to rush though the appointment. I was not impressed by his bedside manner in the least.
Fort Worth Fertility does not know how to treat as many patients as they take on. Their nurse is very unprofessional and hard to talk to, and through the whole thing I saw Dr Kaufman one time for the consultation. Even then, he acted like I was dumb for asking the questions that I did and that he didn’t have the time to discuss and talk to me about a treatment plan...Priscilla [nurse] was very hard to get a hold of, every call just went straight to voicemail and it would sometimes be days before she would return your call. She forgot to send in my prescription twice, and every time I did talk to her she would rush through the phone call and I wouldn’t even get the chance to ask questions or think about what she was saying.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr Kaufmann was very hard to get a hold of, and I only saw him at my consulation appointment. We sat in his office and he wrote down my history. During that time I felt like he was annoyed and just trying to rush though the appointment. I was not impressed by his bedside manner in the least.
Be prepared to be treated like a number.
Priscilla was very hard to get a hold of, every call just went straight to voicemail and it would sometimes be days before she would return your call. She forgot to send in my prescription twice, and every time I did talk to her she would rush through the phone call and I wouldn’t even get the chance to ask questions or think about what she was saying.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Strengths- they allowed me to do my treatment and scans from another office so I didn’t have to travel multiple times a week. Weaknesses- bedside manner, communications, compassion, organization, time management

2011 - 2019
Dr Kaufmann is warm and understanding. When I transferred records to his clinic from a prior clinic, he saw that I had a failed pregnancy recently at the prior clinic, and he called me up in the evening to tell me how sorry he was that had happened.... I also saw Dr Kaufmann before I had a partner, and he was also great to me as a single woman. I feel like he is always considering my individual circumstances rather than trying to treat all patients alike.
In my experience, even when Dr Kaufmann is working with another doctor, he always stays personally involved with his patients. My experience with Fort Worth Fertility is heads and tails better than the other local clinic I visited.... Amber and Ashley are great. Amber has recently relocated, and we feel that her departure will be a great loss for Dr Kaufmann.
2011 - 2019
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
I always get the sense that Dr Kaufmann truly wanted my partner and I to succeed, and he really cares for the patient's emotional state of mind. I also saw Dr Kaufmann before I had a partner, and he was also great to me as a single woman. I feel like he is always considering my individual circumstances rather than trying to treat all patients alike. He is far better than the doctor at the prior fertility clinic I went to. Dr Kaufmann was also a doctor to a friend of mine, and he told her that based on what he was seeing with her embryo growth after the egg retrieval, he felt she was unlikely to succeed with further treatment. So I'm confident he is also honest and professional enough to have the difficult conversations with patients when warranted, rather than just continuing to take their money.
I would advise another patient that she is in good hands, and to expect that he is warm and outgoing.
multiple IUIs with donor sperm several years ago, six IVF cycles in the past year with my partner's sperm where last 4 were on Cornell protocol, got 2 embryos each in 1st two IVF cycles and 3-5 each on the Cornell protocol IVF cycles, which I felt is very good for a 42yo woman with low ovarian reserve. We fresh transferred 2 on one cycle, but froze the rest because Dr Kaufmann felt he could get my uterine lining thicker/better on a frozen transfer later. The primary reason we kept doing cycles was to build up a reserve of embryos because my partner wants us to have as near to possible of a sure thing, and I'm old enough that my ob/gyn partner expects I might have difficulty producing eggs later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber)

Anovulation, Male Factor
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] is very clean and organized. The wait is not long at all. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. Everyone treats you like you are the only patient there, and that is such an important quality to me. ... Ashley was very easy to get ahold of and would get back to you within a couple of hours instead of having to wait days for an answer. She was very sweet and polite and just so encouraging. When I emailed her that we were cancelling our embryo transfer because we had received a sweet baby girl through adoption, she was so understanding. She was so happy for us. That meant a lot to me.
Anovulation, Male Factor
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann makes the difficult time of infertility a little easier. I feel it truly is a joy to go see him. He always makes me laugh and is always cracking jokes. He is very personable and relatable. He wants a baby for us just as much as we do.
GO SEE HIM! Don't mess around with other doctors, you have to go see him. I would recommend him a million times over.
Dr. Kaufmann is an amazing doctor. From the first minute you meet him, you just fall in love with him. He cares about your situation and makes you feel like you are the only patient in his clinic at the time.
I transfered to Dr. Kaufmann after three failed embryo transfers with another clinic. Instead of just jumping into another transfer like my other clinic wanted to do, he wanted to run tests to find out what was wrong and why the transfers were unsuccessful. He found out that we were transferring a day too early, and he also found that I had an infection within my uterus. I didn't end up getting to do an embryo transfer with him because we got a baby girl through adoption. We put the fertility treatments on the back burner for the minute but we will be going back within the next year or two! Can't wait!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
They were all amazing. Ashley was very easy to get ahold of and would get back to you within a couple of hours instead of having to wait days for an answer. She was very sweet and polite and just so encouraging. When I emailed her that we were cancelling our embryo transfer because we had received a sweet baby girl through adoption, she was so understanding. She was so happy for us. That meant a lot to me.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and organized. The wait is not long at all. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. Everyone treats you like you are the only patient there, and that is such an important quality to me.
I did not go through with an embryo transfer so I am unsure how much that cost would have been. My insurance did not cover any of the fertility treatments. I know for a sonogram and a cervical biopsy it was around $300.
I never got to the point of doing an embryo transfer with him. However, I know that he would have gone over the risks and benefits of each. I believe it is based on a case by case basis.
Fort Worth

He [Dr. Robert Kaufmann] goes out of his way to make you laugh and to lighten the mood. When cycles fail he makes sure to call you that night, which is exceptionally amazing! The only thing is that he has too many patients. He’s super busy all the time.... He had too many patients for one Doctor. Always felt like I couldn’t ask the questions I wanted because they were always in a hurry.... Be your own advocate. Before you start IVF get the tests needed to make sure nothing else is wrong with you before paying $25k. Do the research, get your blood tested, go to your obgyn make sure you don’t have something else that could be wrong before starting.
Two of the IUI’s transfers were missed due to ovulating over the weekend. Because they [Fort Worth Fertility] don’t monitor iui patients over the weekend. That cost us about $5k this happened twice. When doing IVF they didn’t tell us that we needed to send in written consent on how many embryos we wanted sent to the lab. On day 5 we had one embryo and they tried to send it for PGS testing for $5k. Then told us it was our fault bc we didn’t send in a written statement on how many embryos we wanted sent or not sent to PGS testing. Would’ve been glad to send that letter if they had gone over that process with us. Thank god day 7 we got 3 more embryos and ended up with 4 to send for PGS testing.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
He goes out of his way to make you laugh and to lighten the mood. When cycles fail he makes sure to call you that night, which is exceptionally amazing! The only thing is that he has too many patients. He’s super busy all the time.
Be your own advocate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Victoria )
She was really good but she already left the clinic. She had only been there a year. They have major turnover at this clinic and if you’ve gone through IVF and a miscarriage with a nurse you don’t want to go through it with a different nurse. Especially one that just started...
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Definitely like a cattle call with a ton of people in the waiting room. Didn’t like it at all.
We spent about $10k for 4 IUI’s And $25k for IVF with PGS testing And $3K for a D&C with twins
We transferred two
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
Two of the IUI’s transfers were missed due to ovulating over the weekend. Because they don’t monitor iui patients over the weekend. That cost us about $5k this happened twice. When doing IVF they didn’t tell us that we needed to send in written consent on how many embryos we wanted sent to the lab. On day 5 we had one embryo and they tried to send it for PGS testing for $5k. Then told us it was our fault bc we didn’t send in a written statement on how many embryos we wanted sent or not sent to PGS testing. Would’ve been glad to send that letter if they had gone over that process with us. Thank god day 7 we got 3 more embryos and ended up with 4 to send for PGS testing.

Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
I am so thankful for Dr. Kaufmann and the process that we have been going through with him. He is kind and compassionate always making you and your situation important. You are never short a laugh when you see or talk to him. I like that he tells you like it is but does it in a way that makes the good and bad news easy to take.... Each cycle has been a little different because I didn't always have a successful reactions with the medications. My first cycle I did fermara with gonal-f and never showed much growth with my follicles. My second cycle I did clomid (3 rounds in a row) and had growth but never reached where they needed to be.
It [Forth Worth Fertility] is very clean and has a nice atmosphere. I have had to wait a little bit for a couple of appointments but I also now they take their time with their patients and I appreciate that. Everyone is very respectful and friendly.... For each cycle we spent about $3,000...we had 4 of them...and plan on spending between $15,000-$20,000 during this IVF cycle.... they do a really good job at calling me back and making sure that whatever steps I need to do next are in line as far as meds and appointments go.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
I am so thankful for Dr. Kaufmann and the process that we have been going through with him. He is kind and compassionate always making you and your situation important. You are never short a laugh when you see or talk to him. I like that he tells you like it is but does it in a way that makes the good and bad news easy to take. This isn't an easy process to go through so having a doctor who cares about their patients and is very knowledgeable on all aspects is definitely a plus...we scored that with Dr. Kaufmann.
Just always be prepared with questions and some knowledge of the process you may be going through...I always make a list because without fail if I don't I forget what I am going to ask him.
Dr. Kaufmann goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable and to make sure all your questions are answered all while making you laugh. He cares about his patients and frequently calls to check up on you even after business hours. He remember who I am and my husband and is always asking about our lives...not just the infertility part.
Each cycle has been a little different because I didn't always have a successful reactions with the medications. My first cycle I did fermara with gonal-f and never showed much growth with my follicles. My second cycle I did clomid (3 rounds in a row) and had growth but never reached where they needed to be. Took a round of birth control to reset my system. 3rd round went back to fermara with the gonal-f (up my dosages of gonal-f for this round) had great follicles and then did trigger shot and a failed IUI. Decided that my tubes were the biggest issue and that IVF would be a better fit. He said that we we could do another IUI but our percentage of getting pregnant were very low. We opted to take little break and are now doing our IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Barbara and Victoria )
I live in Midland so most of the monitoring I have done is with my clinic here and then I speak with the nurses in Fort Worth over the phone. It makes it a little more difficult but they do a really good job at calling me back and making sure that whatever steps I need to do next are in line as far as meds and appointments go.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Like I said...I live in Midland and they do such a great job accommodating me. When I need to be in Forth Worth they always make sure I have an appointment and take care of me when I am there. It is very clean and has a nice atmosphere. I have had to wait a little bit for a couple of appointments but I also now they take their time with their patients and I appreciate that. Everyone is very respectful and friendly.
We are just now in the beginning phases of our IVF cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
My progesterone prescription for after my IUI wasn't received at the pharmacy and when I called after hours Dr. Kaufmann called me back personally and sent in the prescription that I needed that day. Things do happen and I understand that but it was nice that he went out of his way to make sure I had what I needed.
Fort Worth

Dr. Kaufmann has an excellent way of helping each patient work toward their goal of starting a family. I always felt that Dr. Kaufmann cared about my husband and me, and we were never just "a number". When I received a negative pregnancy test, he called me at 9 pm to say he was so sorry for the news and that he would do everything possible to help us have a baby. Although I am not pregnant yet, I trust Dr. Kaufmann and his staff.
Nicole [a nurse at Fort Worth Fertility] was great and compassionate! She was very helpful and answered all of my questions sufficiently.... Initially, Dr. Kaufmann was worried that I may have diminished ovarian reserve, so he wanted to be more aggressive with the medications. I started stimulation taking 150 IU Menopur and 300 IU Follistim. After my first lab and ultrasound, Dr. K lowered the dosage of my follistim, as I was responding well to the medications. He continued to lower it to decrease my chances of OHSS. Additionally, he changed my trigger shot from Pregnyl to Lupron, due to overstimulation.
European, Latino
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann has great bedside manner, and I have no doubt that he truly cares about his patients. Before coming to Dr. Kaufmann, I was seeing my OBGYN for fertility treatments, and I only actually saw my doctor at 1 visit out of 8. Dr. Kaufmann was not like this at all, and we saw him at every appointment. We didn't feel rushed to get in and get out, as Dr. Kaufmann took the time to answer all of our questions (which was many!) Dr. Kaufmann speaks from experience, as he and his wife also experienced infertility and has a great way of explaining each step of the process. My husband and I both think the world of him.
It does feel very overwhelming at the first consultation. You are moved to a few different rooms to discuss different options, financing, and also for the exam. However, I felt that each person that I came into contact with at the clinic was friendly and helpful. I would recommend to give yourself plenty of time to attend the first few appointments and make sure to ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Nicole was great and compassionate! She was very helpful and answered all of my questions sufficiently.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Dr. Kaufmann and staff are helpful and compassionate. They walk you through and explain each step of the process. Dr. Kaufmann has great bedside manner and his nurses are very considerate of your time.
it was around $9700 for and IVF cycle without medication.
I felt adequately informed regarding the number of embryos to transfer and the risks.
Fort Worth

Dr. Kauffman was great for the most part. The only discouraging experience I had was when I asked him about the timing of my IUI since is didn't appear to be consistent with my BBT. I had no idea if charting was unreliable during medicated cycles and after the HCG injection. Maybe I was sensitive at the time, but his response made me feel embarrassed for even asking. Perhaps he took my curiosity is me questioning his knowledge/expertise.
The office [Fort Worth Fertility] doesn't confirm ovulation via ultrasound. They just use the HCG injection to time IUI. Not saying that doesn't work, because mine was timed well, just know that you won't have ultrasounds on IUI day or to confirm ovulation...The IUI is timed within 36 hours of the injection. The office is not open on weekends...[The nurses were] Informative. Friendly. Patient and willing to answer my questions...They aren't open on weekends, so everything is timed based on a M-F schedule. Strengths: open early. No long waits. Staff was clear and knowledgeable about insurance and my be responsibility as a patient. Quick lab results.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Just be ready to trust the process. The office doesn't confirm ovulation via ultrasound. They just use the HCG injection to time IUI. Not saying that doesn't work, because mine was timed well, just know that you won't have ultrasounds on IUI day or to confirm ovulation.
The treatments seemed to be pretty routine. I wasn't convinced that they took into account individual differences of clients. My first IUI was timed well though, so that was a positive. I also liked how he calls after results are received.
Clomid, follicle monitoring until they reached an average of 16mm, then the nurse would advise when to take the HCG injection. The IUI is timed within 36 hours of the injection. The office is not open on weekends.
Informative. Friendly. Patient and willing to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Because of my insurance's network, I had to pay oop for my husband's prep for IUI. Everything else was covered.
Not sure. Didn't move forward to IVF.

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Dr. Kaufmann always treated me and my husband with compassion every time we saw him. He always took the time to explain our treatment plan and answer any questions we had.... Dr. Kaufmann set my mind at ease and took time to navigate me through this tough process. His bedside manner is wonderful and he is a clinician who stays up to date on recent studies and literature. I always felt that I was in good hands!
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] overall seems to run smoothly. My appointments were almost always on time.... My IVF coordinator was very compassionate and rsponsive. If I left her a voicemail or email she would respond quickly. She even called after hours a few times. There were a few occasions when there was miscommunication concerning ordering medications but she quickly corrected the problem and made sure I had everything I needed.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann was always upfront and clear about what to expect with each round of IVF, which my husband and I appreciated. I was very nervous about going to an RE at the beginning of our journey because there was so much I didn’t understand. Dr. Kaufmann set my mind at ease and took time to navigate me through this tough process. His bedside manner is wonderful and he is a clinician who stays up to date on recent studies and literature. I always felt that I was in good hands!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
Dr. Kaufmann always treated me and my husband with compassion every time we saw him. He always took the time to explain our treatment plan and answer any questions we had. We never felt rushed. What meant the most to me was how he checked in on me after our IVF attempts failed. I felt like he was walking this path with me and my husband which made a difficult journey a little easier. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor!
Esterace Menopur 300 IU in am Follistim 300 IU in pm Ganirelix HCG trigger First round produced 13 eggs, 12 fertilized, 6 embryos at day 5. All 6 had PGD testing. 1 tested normal. The one normal was transferred. Neg beta. Second round produced 12 eggs, 11(?) fertilized, 4 embryos at day 5. All 4 PGD tested. 1 tested normal and was transferred. Neg beta. Third round produced 12 (?)eggs, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos at day 6. Both PGD tested. Both abnormal. No transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic overall seems to run smoothly. My appointments were almost always on time. The one time Dr. Kaufmann was running behind, I was called ahead of time so I wouldn’t have to wait in the office waiting room. They were also apologetic for the delay. When I first became a patient in the clinic there were some unhelpful front office staff, but it seems like there is a new crew there now. Everyone I have interacted with this past year have been great.
Around $20,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
There was one occasion where I was told the pharmacy would contact me to get my medications delivered. The pharmacy never called. I contacted the clinic and thy promptly corrected the problem. It seemed it was an issue with the pharmacy, not necessarily the clinic. This did not delay my care in anyway.
Fort Worth
He [Dr. Kaufmann] was very personal and funny and it always felt like we were talking to an old friend...We saw him every visit and he answered any questions we had. He can be blunt sometimes, and I appreciated it but I could see how someone might be offended... I went in for monitoring several days between day 12-16, and he measured the follicles and had me adjust shot amounts. Since I reacted so well to the meds, he changed my trigger shot type and said we would freeze all the embryos that month so I would hopefully not get OHSS.
Front desk ladies [at Fort Worth Fertility] are nice, they seem organized and helpful. I don’t remember anything negative honestly. The atmosphere in the waiting room can be a little sad but it’s because everyone in there wants a baby but they’re at their last resort...4730 to the clinic (appointments, physician and nurses fees, etc) 5060 to the reproductive center (IVF lab fees, embryo work) This was for the original retrieval, I think there was a few thousand more for the frozen transfer.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Kaufmann was very personable, funny, and optimistic. We saw him every visit and he answered any questions we had. He can be blunt sometimes, and I appreciated it but I could see how someone might be offended.
He can be very straightforward and blunt, so be aware. But it’s his way to connect with you, so listen and ask questions and trust him (he’s the specialist for a reason).
He was very personal and funny and it always felt like we were talking to an old friend.
Since we had MFI, he did a fairly normal protocol because I had no known issues and ovulated normally. I was on birth control for a few weeks, then after my period I started estrogen, and 2-3 shots on day 9 of my cycle (I’m sorry, I can’t remember specifics). I went in for monitoring several days between day 12-16, and he measured the follicles and had me adjust shot amounts. Since I reacted so well to the meds, he changed my trigger shot type and said we would freeze all the embryos that month so I would hopefully not get OHSS. I triggered with something other than the HCG I had bought (the clinic traded me meds I think), had the retrieval the next day, got 21 eggs and 10 made it to day 5/6. I was definitely bloated so I am glad he decided to freeze all. The next month we did a frozen transfer of 2 embryos (after a few weeks of estrogen pills), and I was on estrogen and progesterone (PIO) until I was 10 weeks pregnant. I have b/g twins now!
I mainly worked with two nurses, and one of them actually moved (left town) halfway through my cycle. But the other one was very helpful (she had gone through IVF herself with Kaufman) and told me to come whenever I wanted to get an ultrasound.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Front desk ladies are nice, they seem organized and helpful. I don’t remember anything negative honestly. The atmosphere in the waiting room can be a little sad but it’s because everyone in there wants a baby but they’re at their last resort.
Kaufman told us to transfer two unless you absolutely do NOT want twins. Ours were untested embryos.
Fort Worth

Ask him [Dr. Kaufmann] the hard questions that no one wants to really know the answer to because he’ll give it to you straight. He doesn’t want patients to waste their time and money if it isn’t going to work for them...We were supposed to transfer on day 5 but my embryos weren’t growing like they should and we waited to transfered 2 embryos on day 6. We had no embryos left to freeze, which we figured out that it’s due to the quality of my husbands sperm.
Ashley [nurse at Fort Worth Fertility] was amazing! She answered all the questions I had when I would forget to ask while at the office. When we had our follow up after our failed cycle, she came in the room and gave us both a hug and wished us the best. Since then I’ve applied for IVF grants and she’s help me out with getting the necessary paperwork completed...Everything is great here. They are well organized and very companionate. The only thing I wish is that children aren’t aloud. It’s heart wrenching for the people like us that haven’t got that miracle yet.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. K is amazing! He emphasized with us because of our last experience with the last doctor we used. He told us what the last doctor never did. We felt like he understood our situation because he and his wife went through IVF as well. We lived 3 hours away and he tried to accommodate us as much as he could. When our pregnancy test came back negative, he personally called us,while he was on vacation, to check on us. I’ve also inquired about during a different procedure since our failed pregnancy test and he personally called me and gave me his personal insite on it. We felt like he was honest with us and if we ever can afford another cycle we will go back to him.
Ask him the hard questions that no one wants to really know the answer to because he’ll give it to you straight. He doesn’t want patients to waste their time and money if it isn’t going to work for them.
I felt like he treated us like a human. He was very companionate and didn’t make us feel like we were another dollar sign to him.
I don’t remember exactly everything but I know I used Gonal-F, Menopur, ganirelix, HCG trigger, progesterone for 11-12 days. Then retrieved my eggs. We were supposed to transfer on day 5 but my embryos weren’t growing like they should and we waited to transfered 2 embryos on day 6. We had no embryos left to freeze, which we figured out that it’s due to the quality of my husbands sperm. 2 weeks after that I didn’t a blood test and it came back negative.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley )
Ashley was amazing! She answered all the questions I had when I would forget to ask while at the office. When we had our follow up after our failed cycle, she came in the room and gave us both a hug and wished us the best. Since then I’ve applied for IVF grants and she’s help me out with getting the necessary paperwork completed.
$9800
He wanted to transfer 2 embryos to increase our chances of getting pregnant.
Fort Worth

Dr Kaufmann always took time to answer all of my questions. Very witty. He joked often with me and my husband to relieve tension. I will definitely miss him and his staff. Very sensitive to me after I had a chemical pregnancy before I started treatments but after my initial consult... Dr Kaufmann also called around 7pm after hours the day of my first positive hcg to congratulate me, tell me the next steps, and answer questions.
Small clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] . They do see a lot of patients and at times run behind schedule. I like to think it is because they are being thorough with the patient they are seeing at that time. No surprise billing. Lab work done onsite often with same day results. Everyone is super nice...IUI was 975. Medication total was about 500.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Have a list of questions when you go to see him so that everything gets covered.
Nurses and Dr Kaufmann referred to me by name. Asked about my family. Remembered personal details.
I had a baseline ultrasound on day 3. Took 100mg Clomid days 3-7, 25mg of gonal f days 5-9. Had an ultrasound and blood work day 10. IUI day 13. 200mg prometrium from day 15 to 10 weeks of pregnancy. Blood work (beta hcg) day 27, repeat for beta 29, repeat beta 1 week. Ultrasound after 2 weeks ( almost 8 weeks) ultrasound at 10 weeks and released to my obgyn. Ob was kept informed after the first positive hcg. Nurse called with all blood work. Dr Kaufmann also called around 7pm after hours the day of my first positive hcg to congratulate me, tell me the next steps, and answer questions.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Small clinic. They do see a lot of patients and at times run behind schedule. I like to think it is because they are being thorough with the patient they are seeing at that time. No surprise billing. Lab work done onsite often with same day results. Everyone is super nice.
IUI was 975. Medication total was about 500. (Clomid, hcg trigger shot, progesterone, gonal f)(gonal f and hcg were called in to a mail order pharmacy and overnighted for Saturday delivery, much cheaper than trying to purchase locally.) Bloodwork done in office around 15 each time. Ultrasounds were about 125. Initial consult was 125.
Fort Worth

He [Dr. Robert Kaufmann] then met with us both and gave us the diagnosis of unexplained infertility. He said our best option would be IUI and after 3 rounds if that didn’t work we would look at more options...He was extremely caring, funny, informative, and real down to earth. He always made my husband and I feel comfortable and confident! He’s a real stand up guy with good jokes. He and his wife actually had to IVF to conceive so he truly knows first hand the struggle that comes along with infertility.
They [staff at Fort Worth Fertility] always spoke to me by my name, complimented us, were extremely enthusiastic, said time and time again that we WILL have a baby, and made us feel so welcomed and remembered!...They [the nurses] were all kind and very accommodating!...For consultation with sonogram was around $300. HSG was $400. IUI $1200. Medications $100. Blood work $300. Sonograms $150.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Go now. Don’t wait or hesitate! It was worth every penny!
They always spoke to me by my name, complimented us, were extremely enthusiastic, said time and time again that we WILL have a baby, and made us feel so welcomed and remembered!
We started with a diagnostic ultrasound. Once everything was clear my husband then did a SA and was determined he’s actually above average. I then went in for an HSG which was normal as well. He then met with us both and gave us the diagnosis of unexplained infertility. He said our best option would be IUI and after 3 rounds if that didn’t work we would look at more options. For the IUI I was give medication to help me ovulate then we called in for a sonogram and was told when to do my trigger shot. The trigger shot was done the night before my first IUI and then my husband went in two hours pre IUI to leave his sample. They then did a sperm wash and the IUI was done with a good count of healthy sperm. Then we were on the two week wait and went in for blood work which came back negative and I started my mental cycle the next day. My second IUI was the same except my trigger shot was two days before the procedure and when I went in for blood work 2 weeks post IUI it was positive. They repeated it 72 hours later and then again 72 hours after that. After the last blood draw we scheduled an ultrasound and I was 7 weeks and 1 day along with one healthy little baby. He then released me to go to my OB/GYN since I lived 2 hours away. Usually he sees you until your second trimester.
They were all kind and very accommodating!
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Overall it is a perfect clinic with well rounded staff and doctor. The only downfall is the price but you can’t really put a price on a dream of a family so it was worth every penny. For being a large clinic they are easy to get into and wait times are fairly short.
Fort Worth

The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] is very nice and clean. You are in and out super quick if you are just there for lab work.... The nursing staff was not the most friendly group and I had a different nurse several times.... Approximately $1200 per IUI, not including the medications or trigger shots.... I have several large fibroids and I kept asking him if we needed to take care of them and he just kept saying that he didn't think they were affecting anything. I wanted to get a second opinion because I just felt like the fibroids were causing my infertility. I saw a different RE and it was decided in the first appointment that the fibroids could absolutely be affecting my fertility and taking all the blood supply from my uterus.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann is an extremely nice doctor and has excellent bedside manner. However, we tried 3 IUI's and then he recommended IVF. I have several large fibroids and I kept asking him if we needed to take care of them and he just kept saying that he didn't think they were affecting anything. I wanted to get a second opinion because I just felt like the fibroids were causing my infertility. I saw a different RE and it was decided in the first appointment that the fibroids could absolutely be affecting my fertility and taking all the blood supply from my uterus. I had a mini-laparotomy last week and will be resuming the TTC journey in about a month! So overall, he is nice, I'm just not sure he considers all options before recommending IVF.
Be your own advocate. Ask questions and do your own research!
The staff was generally very personable, however there were times that I felt super rushed during my visits. There was also an instance in which Dr. Kaufmann instructed me to do timed intercourse when we had already decided to do IUI that cycle. I'm not sure if he got me mixed up with another patient or if he just forgot what our plan was.
I did 3 IUI's. All with clomid, trigger shot about 2 days before the insemination.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic is very nice and clean. You are in and out super quick if you are just there for lab work.
Approximately $1200 per IUI, not including the medications or trigger shots.
Fort Worth

Dr.Kaufman talked highly about himself in the consult in a way that kind of seemed staged and not genuine. This was our second specialist and were hoping for a doctor with a warm bedside manor and that wanted to dig deep to see what issues were...We sat in the waiting for over an hour past our appointment. When we finally met with him I felt that he used the same speech with all his patients. It was not very personal and the environment did not seems warm and welcoming. He bragged how great of a doctor he was rather than letting us talk.
Clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] was very small, clean and overall okay. No dislikes in the clinic as a whole. For us I felt the it was over priced and charging $800 for outside monitoring was crazy. Dr.Kaufman did not want to do any test to see what was causing the infertility. We had already done at least 5 IUI's and felt like in hour journey we needed more testing. Dr.Kaufman talked highly about himself in the consult in a way that kind of seemed staged and not genuine. This was our second specialist and were hoping for a doctor with a warm bedside manor and that wanted to dig deep to see what issues were.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
We only went for a consult after a friend has a recommended him. We were not impressed with the initial consult. Dr.Kaufman and his nurses bragged how good he was and it felt a little played up for show. He didn't want research and test to see what was causing my infertility but rather start very over priced IUI. We ended up not perusing treatment due to the cost. They wanted to charge $800 just for having my Ob/Gyn do the follicle scans in my home town. My overall thought of him as a doctor was just average.
If you are looking for a doctor with a warm bedside manor than please choose another doctor.
It has been several years ago when we say Dr.Kaufman. He wanted to do Follistem with Clomid and IUI with positive ovulation predictor kit.
We only had one or two interactions with the nurse and from what I remember she was nice and helpful.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Clinic was very small, clean and overall okay. No dislikes in the clinic as a whole. For us I felt the it was over priced and charging $800 for outside monitoring was crazy. Dr.Kaufman did not want to do any test to see what was causing the infertility. We had already done at least 5 IUI's and felt like in hour journey we needed more testing. Dr.Kaufman talked highly about himself in the consult in a way that kind of seemed staged and not genuine. This was our second specialist and were hoping for a doctor with a warm bedside manor and that wanted to dig deep to see what issues were.
I'm not %100 on the cost so I don't want to lead anyone wrong. It was much more expensive than our last clinic.
none

2011 - 2013
Dr Kaufmann explained the whole process. Every time I went in to see him, he would remind me what his plan was and he took time to answer each question. I really felt that he was there for me and wanted to help me ... I had endometriosis ... He never "beat around the bush". ... I could see the care in his eyes. ... He quickly found that I do not produce my own eggs and referred me to a specialist that could help me further in my endometriosis. I appreciated him for being honest and not wasting my time and money on unnecessary treatments.
They [Fort Worth Fertility] are compassionate and honest. I cant say this enough. ... I would just advise to go in with a list of questions and concerns. These visits come with a lot of information so its easy to forget what you have to ask or talk about ... the nursing staff was helpful and compassionate. I never had any issues with their office ... Of course, it has been 7 years since I went there but I will never forget them.
2011 - 2013
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
It has been a few years since I went to Dr Kaufmann. I already knew that I had endometriosis at this point and I needed him to help me get pregnant. He never "beat around the bush". He told me all of the facts and options. I could see the care in his eyes. He always had a smile on his face and was so kind. unfortunately with my disease, I was unable to produce my own eggs. Dr Kaufmann referred me to another doctor for further treatment on my endometriosis. If it weren't for him and his knowledge, Im not sure what I would have gone through but I am in such a better place in my life and it was with his help
Be honest with him. Ask all of the questions you have and he will be honest with you
I never made it to a cycle. He quickly found that I do not produce my own eggs and referred me to a specialist that could help me further in my endometriosis. I appreciated him for being honest and not wasting my time and money on unnecessary treatments. Instead, he pointed me in the right direction to save my life from this horrible disease
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
They are compassionate and honest. I cant say this enough. Of course, it has been 7 years since I went there but I will never forget them. I would just advise to go in with a list of questions and concerns. These visits come with a lot of information so its easy to forget what you have to ask or talk about
I don't recall exactly but I didn't have extensive treatment with Dr Kaufmann so I know it wasn't a lot

2010
I was a patient with PCOS, hyper/hypo thyroidism, type 2 diabetic and overweight...There isn't a thing I'd change about our experience with him [Dr Kaufmann]. Each time he saw me he didn't have look at my chart to remember me and my story, maybe he did that before walking through the door, but I was never the wiser.
I was a patient with PCOS, hyper/hypo thyroidism, type 2 diabetic and overweight...There isn't a thing I'd change about our experience with him [Dr Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility]. Each time he saw me he didn't have look at my chart to remember me and my story, maybe he did that before walking through the door, but I was never the wiser.
2010
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
There isn't a thing I'd change about our experience with him. Each time he saw me he didn't have look at my chart to remember me and my story, maybe he did that before walking through the door, but I was never the wiser.
Have faith in the process and voice your concerns because he will listen to you. Have a good sense of humor, he can joke with the best but that doesn't take away from his professionalism nor his ability to understand when to be serious. I enjoy a warm bedside manner and he definitely delivered. Be compliant with his instructions to ensure optimal outcomes.
From the first consultation he From the first consultation he was warm, positive and empathetic. He told us that it wasn’t a matter of “if” just “when” we’d get pregnant. He shared his own family struggles with fertility and provided us with statistics of success rates along with laying out our potential path or paths to becoming parents. My husband and I left the first meeting confident that we were in the right hands with a healthy dose of witty banter to liven up the mood and ease our nerves.
I was a patient with PCOS, hyper/hypo thyroidism, type 2 diabetic and overweight. We did one round of testing for blocked fallopian tubes and my husband had to provide a sample for count analysis it was determined that the infertility was my issue as suspected. I was already on metformin when I started with Dr. Kaufmann and for my first cycle we did a round of Clomid which I did not respond to as he wanted based on my follicle growth. I thought I'd have to wait a month for the next cycle but he just piggy-backed the next treatment on top. He ordered a round of injectables that were delivered to my door via the mail to self-administer for a week. I had follow-up visits to track the follicles during the week then he scheduled a trigger shot to release eggs and a coordinated IUI. After the IUI, I was put on progestrone for the first trimester. I returned to the office for scheduled bloodwork 2 weeks later and my hgh ranges came back positive in the pregnancy for multiples range. I was released from the his care after 10 or so weeks to my OBGYN and Perimaternal specialists. 37 weeks and 4 days after my IUI we welcomed full term boy/girl twins.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Very clean and clinical. The consultation room was filled with pictures and birth announcements of success stories, can be a little intimidating at first but gives you hope, we never saw this room again until we brought our twins back in to show the staff. The room for my husband had a recliner, sink, videos and magazines, not sure what I expected from this room but found it interesting nevertheless. The room used for our IUI was like all the others, but I remember after the procedure the staff left the room to me and my husband and turned down the lights and had soft music on. I know as clinical as that room was, it also was special and a little emotional/romantic in that moment and left me with a sweet memory. The most distracting thing was the phlebotomist at that time was pregnant and I was so emotional going through this process I just didn't like having a pregnant person drawing my blood because she was in the state I wanted so desperately to be in.
Less than $2000 including medication. Worked with my insurance at the time and most was covered under insurance.
Fort Worth

I’ve been through 3 IUI’s at Dr. Kaufman’s office. We started out with clomid, a trigger shot and progesterone and estrogen after the iui. That didn’t work, so we tried the same thing again but added Gonal F. After that one failed, we switched to Letrozole, gonal f, trigger shot and progesterone. I responded way better to the letrozole. I am happy to know my doctors are aggressive and will work to find out what my body responds well to...
The IUI’s were $975 each [at Fort Worth Fertility]. No meds or sperm prep included...I would recommend this clinic to anyone...Everyone there is kind and treats you like family. I haven’t been disappointed with anyone or anything. Of course I have been disappointed when the IUI’s didn’t work. But the nurses and doctors have been so kind and helpful during those times as well...The whole nursing staff is outstanding. Kind and compassionate. Treats you like a human being!
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufman is always smiling and happy to see me. Welcomes me and always strikes up a fun conversation! He explains everything in detail and is very caring and kind. Very aggressive with treatment and ready to help out.
Don’t be nervous. Dr. Kaufman is a wonderful person and great doctor.
Dr. Kaufman treated me very kind. He remembered me, talked to me like a normal person. We always have great conversation! He’s very caring and explains everything. Happy to answer any questions.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
I would recommend this clinic to anyone who is starting out on thei fertility journey. Everyone there is kind and treats you like family. I haven’t been disappointed with anyone or anything. Of course I have been disappointed when the IUI’s didn’t work. But the nurses and doctors have been so kind and helpful during those times as well.
The IUI’s were $975 each. No meds or sperm prep included

2013 - 2018
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
Dr. Kaufmann remembered details about me even when a period of time passed between visits. He learned why I wanted to receive fertility treatment and was supportive of my goals and decisions. He provided encouragement along the way. He is the most thorough and encouraging health care provider I’ve ever had.... Dr. Kaufmann put me at ease and explained things clearly. He spent the time needed to answer my questions so that I could make good decisions about my treatment. He listens well and he made adjustments according to my symptoms and questions.
Staff [Forth Worth Fertility] are courteous and helpful. The location is convenient and the facilities are great. Everything-consults, exams, procedures, labs and storage are in the same facility. This streamlined the process for me. It would be helpful to have more comprehensive written information up front-there are a lot of details and appointments to keep track of.... I didn’t have complete information about appointments at the beginning of the cycle and it was difficult for me to adjust schedules and travel to meet the demands of the cycle.
2013 - 2018
1 Egg Freezing, IVF, Donor Sperm
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Relax-you’re in good hands. And enjoy his sense of humor.
The clinic is busy and I wasn’t always able to see my primary nurse. There were small differences in the information and/or instructions they gave me and that was sometimes confusing.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Staff are courteous and helpful. The location is convenient and the facilities are great. Everything-consults, exams, procedures, labs and storage are in the same facility. This streamlined the process for me. It would be helpful to have more comprehensive written information up front-there are a lot of details and appointments to keep track of.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
I didn’t have complete information about appointments at the beginning of the cycle and it was difficult for me to adjust schedules and travel to meet the demands of the cycle. This would have been prevented with more thorough communication up front.
Fort Worth

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr K [Kaufmann] is upfront and honest. He has a great sense of humor. He is very straight forward and honest but also tries to keep the mood light. He called me and spoke to me both during and after business hours. He made a very difficult time in our lives a lot easier because he shared his own story with us.... we did labs and semen analysis. Then we did clomid with 2 iui’s. Then he did a myomectomy to remove a fibroid. Then we did 1 round of IVF.
Great clinic. Easy to get to. Nice and clean with great staff. They [Fort Worth Fertility] often travel to other cities to see patients which is nice for those of us who don’t live in DFW area.... All the nurses were fantastic. The returned calls and emails promptly. They followed through with whatever they said they were going to do. They always seemed to know who I was while on the phone or in the office. The often called or emailed to see how I was doing.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr K is upfront and honest. He has a great sense of humor. He is very straight forward and honest but also tries to keep the mood light. He called me and spoke to me both during and after business hours. He made a very difficult time in our lives a lot easier because he shared his own story with us.
Get to know Dr K and his staff. They are wonderful and will made you feel like family.
Dr K and his staff were always so nice to us. We never felt rushed. All our questions were addressed and our concerns were resolved. His staff responded to calls and emails quickly and Dr K even called us a few times in then evening after hours.
We had done 3 rounds of clomid with my obgyn. With him we did labs and semen analysis. Then we did clomid with 2 iui’s. Then he did a myomectomy to remove a fibroid. Then we did 1 round of IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ivy, Ashley, Barbara)
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Great clinic. Easy to get to. Nice and clean with great staff. They often travel to other cities to see patients which is nice for those of us who don’t live in DFW area. We have no complaints with this clinic
For all treatments over 2,5 years our share after insurance was almost 10k
Fort Worth

Dr Kaufman is very involved with every patient of his. He takes the time to go over every single aspect of the IUI process and even included my husband and made him feel welcome which I think is more difficult for men. He’s so compassionate but also no nonsense. He isn’t going to lie to you to try to make you feel better, he puts it straight forward and it’s so refreshing to have a doctor like that.
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility- Fort Worth] seems well organized. I do wish they had a different way of billing their global fee for IUIs just because HSAs don’t like seeing you pay for a procedure before it happens. The clinic was always welcoming and there typically wasn’t a very long wait at all.... $975 fee for IUI, $165 sperm wash and then the cost of your medications. These are all without insurance.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr Kaufman treats you with compassion and respect. He makes you feel welcome at each visit. I never had to worry about seeing another doctor or him not answering every question I had. He is an amazing doctor and I can’t wait to go back to him for IVF one day.
Go for it!
Each cycle we used clomid and gonal f with an ovidrel trigger shot. Each cycle resulted in 2-5 follicles but I did not conceive any of the 3 times we tried iui.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla )
Every staff member at Fort Worth Fertility was very helpful. They always recognized you and seemed to truly want to help get you pregnant.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic seems well organized. I do wish they had a different way of billing their global fee for IUIs just because HSAs don’t like seeing you pay for a procedure before it happens. The clinic was always welcoming and there typically wasn’t a very long wait at all.
I have not gone through IVF yet, but speaking to Dr Kaufman he seems very comfortable with 2 embryos if that is what you would like to do.
Fort Worth

Dr. Kaufmann understands the struggle of infertility and always has a positive outlook even when I felt like there would be no hope.... Dr. Kaufmann is very thorough and wants the best for his patients. While I have had many setbacks, he always makes sure that we are doing what is best, even if that means waiting. Right when I went in for my consultation he let me know that he will find out what was going on and would create an action plan.
One strength at Dr. K’s office [Fort Worth Fertility] is that he is always very friendly and positive. He gets along very well with my husband, which is always a plus.... A weakness would be that the office does not provide you with lab results other than a verbal phone call. If you want your results I would suggest asking for them. I saw many other women going through infertility know so much about their labs and I felt so lost when it came to that.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann is very thorough and wants the best for his patients. While I have had many setbacks, he always makes sure that we are doing what is best, even if that means waiting. Right when I went in for my consultation he let me know that he will find out what was going on and would create an action plan. When my results came in that my AMH was low (.55) at the age of 28 I was devastated. When I met with him to go over the results he gave me much comfort and was confident that even with low amh he would be able to help my husband conceive. While o have not been able to get the clear to go on our first IUI due to cysts and an irregular cycle I feel confident that Dr. Kaufmann will help us get our 6 years of waiting miracle.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
One strength at Dr. K’s office is that he is always very friendly and positive. He gets along very well with my husband, which is always a plus. He will definitely make you laugh even when the situation is not the best. He also knows how to be real with you without being harsh. A weakness would be that the office does not provide you with lab results other than a verbal phone call. If you want your results I would suggest asking for them. I saw many other women going through infertility know so much about their labs and I felt so lost when it came to that.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
He [Dr. Kaufmann] was very honest and precise. He went through all the steps necessary to find the best possible treatment that was good for me. He gave us all of our options and was great at every appointment. He was real and down to earth.... We started out with basic meds and he was very aggressive with them at the same time. We did have to back off because I was overstimulating. I had my egg retrieval and everything went well. They then proceeded and we were able to freeze 28 embryos.
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] seemed to be opened all the time! They always called back in great timing and was ran very efficient! Not a lot of wait time. People were friendly and helpful. They always were able to schedule me at times that worked for me....She [nurse] always responded quickly and was very helpful with questions.... He [Dr. Kaufmann] gave us all of our options and was great at every appointment.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 1 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
He was very honest and precise. He went through all the steps necessary to find the best possible treatment that was good for me. He gave us all of our options and was great at every appointment. He was real and down to earth.
He will be honest but yet will give you lots of options that works for you. He will not give up on you!
He really cared about us. He made sure he did everything he could to make things as perfect as he could. He was real and very honest.
We started out with basic meds and he was very aggressive with them at the same time. We did have to back off because I was overstimulating. I had my egg retrieval and everything went well. They then proceeded and we were able to freeze 28 embryos. I then waited one month and then began my next stage. My body wasn’t doing what it was supposed to do we revamped my meds and waited another month before I started again. My body was adjusting well and I was able to transfer one embryo. We went through genetic testing as well and we ended up at transfer time having 2 healthy embryos after they were unfrozen.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley Chasteen )
She always responded quickly and was very helpful with questions.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic seemed to be opened all the time! They always called back in great timing and was ran very efficient! Not a lot of wait time. People were friendly and helpful. They always were able to schedule me at times that worked for me.
The costs depended on what you needed.
We ended up doing one embryo because my uterus was in a moon shape.