Nutrition counseling is not offered

1800 Mistletoe Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76104
817-348-8145

2021, Unsuccessful
Dr. Patel was kind and easy to talk to. My only concern was whether or not he really took a close look at my personal circumstance. It felt like I was treated like a patient with "unexplained" fertility with some male factor issues, when I actually should have been treated as a patient with DOR. My AMH level was never explained to me throughout the process of doing 3 IUI procedures.
This clinic will allow up to 2 embryos to be transferred at a time...Its strength is its location- central Fort Worth was convenient for me...I never had the same nurse..Weakness would be scheduling availability, front desk/billing department organization and it's a little on the higher end of pricing...About $1,200 for each IUI plus the cost of medication.
How was your experience with Biren Patel at Fort Worth Fertility?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Biren Patel at Fort Worth Fertility?
Ask to see your bloodwork results and then dig into them and ask questions about them. Stay on top of the front office to get answers about billing and scheduling appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Biren Patel at Fort Worth Fertility?
The front desk staff was not organized, appointments did not always start on time, my treatment did not feel proactive.
Describe the protocols Biren Patel used in your cycles at Fort Worth Fertility and their degree of success.
My first protocol was 200 mg Clomid a day and triggered with Ovidrel. The second and third were Clomid and Follistim injections with Ovidrel trigger. In the third IUI we also tried doing back-to-back days of inseminations to try to get more sperm.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
I never had the same nurse so I don't even know their names.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Its strength is its location - central Fort Worth was convenient for me. They have a lot of good reviews via word of mouth. Weakness would be scheduling availability, front desk/billing department organization and it's a little on the higher end of pricing.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Biren Patel at Fort Worth Fertility.
About $1,200 for each IUI plus the cost of medication.
Describe Biren Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fort Worth Fertility.
This clinic will allow up to 2 embryos to be transferred at a time. I did not do IVF at this clinic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
I was not informed about my AMH level and that I should have been considered a DOR patient. My husband had some issues with paperwork and payment almost every time he had to bring a sperm sample into the clinic.
Biren Patel

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] is very nice and clean. You are in and out super quick if you are just there for lab work.... The nursing staff was not the most friendly group and I had a different nurse several times.... Approximately $1200 per IUI, not including the medications or trigger shots.... I have several large fibroids and I kept asking him if we needed to take care of them and he just kept saying that he didn't think they were affecting anything. I wanted to get a second opinion because I just felt like the fibroids were causing my infertility. I saw a different RE and it was decided in the first appointment that the fibroids could absolutely be affecting my fertility and taking all the blood supply from my uterus.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann is an extremely nice doctor and has excellent bedside manner. However, we tried 3 IUI's and then he recommended IVF. I have several large fibroids and I kept asking him if we needed to take care of them and he just kept saying that he didn't think they were affecting anything. I wanted to get a second opinion because I just felt like the fibroids were causing my infertility. I saw a different RE and it was decided in the first appointment that the fibroids could absolutely be affecting my fertility and taking all the blood supply from my uterus. I had a mini-laparotomy last week and will be resuming the TTC journey in about a month! So overall, he is nice, I'm just not sure he considers all options before recommending IVF.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Be your own advocate. Ask questions and do your own research!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
The staff was generally very personable, however there were times that I felt super rushed during my visits. There was also an instance in which Dr. Kaufmann instructed me to do timed intercourse when we had already decided to do IUI that cycle. I'm not sure if he got me mixed up with another patient or if he just forgot what our plan was.
Describe the protocols Robert Kaufmann used in your cycles at Fort Worth Fertility and their degree of success.
I did 3 IUI's. All with clomid, trigger shot about 2 days before the insemination.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic is very nice and clean. You are in and out super quick if you are just there for lab work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility.
Approximately $1200 per IUI, not including the medications or trigger shots.
Fort Worth
Dr. Kaufmann understands the struggle of infertility and always has a positive outlook even when I felt like there would be no hope.... Dr. Kaufmann is very thorough and wants the best for his patients. While I have had many setbacks, he always makes sure that we are doing what is best, even if that means waiting. Right when I went in for my consultation he let me know that he will find out what was going on and would create an action plan.
One strength at Dr. K’s office [Fort Worth Fertility] is that he is always very friendly and positive. He gets along very well with my husband, which is always a plus.... A weakness would be that the office does not provide you with lab results other than a verbal phone call. If you want your results I would suggest asking for them. I saw many other women going through infertility know so much about their labs and I felt so lost when it came to that.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann is very thorough and wants the best for his patients. While I have had many setbacks, he always makes sure that we are doing what is best, even if that means waiting. Right when I went in for my consultation he let me know that he will find out what was going on and would create an action plan. When my results came in that my AMH was low (.55) at the age of 28 I was devastated. When I met with him to go over the results he gave me much comfort and was confident that even with low amh he would be able to help my husband conceive. While o have not been able to get the clear to go on our first IUI due to cysts and an irregular cycle I feel confident that Dr. Kaufmann will help us get our 6 years of waiting miracle.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
One strength at Dr. K’s office is that he is always very friendly and positive. He gets along very well with my husband, which is always a plus. He will definitely make you laugh even when the situation is not the best. He also knows how to be real with you without being harsh. A weakness would be that the office does not provide you with lab results other than a verbal phone call. If you want your results I would suggest asking for them. I saw many other women going through infertility know so much about their labs and I felt so lost when it came to that.

2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Investment Banker
During the cycle he [Dr. Kaufmann] was fantastic. After we got our negative results he never called or returned by calls after each cycle...We did 2 cycles of iui with 50 mg clomid. My eggs were monitored by sonogram throughout the cycles. We uses a trigger shot on both cycles as well to release my eggs. I had 4-5 eggs each cycle... He was very comforting and made me feel at ease. Just very upset over the lack of communication after the treatments were done... The doctor didn’t call me explaining the results or what we should do next.
There were always protesters outside the clinic [Fort Worth Fertility]...they always made sure to keep the blinds closed to make sure we couldn’t see them and vice versa... I would suggest they give people a heads up if they have patients coming in....I was always greeted and treated fantastic...The doctor didn’t call me explaining the results or what we should do next. It was always a nurse leaving a message saying we got the results and it’s negative.... I knew a nurse through a mutual friend so I was always greeted and treated fantastic
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
He was very comforting and made me feel at ease. Just very upset over the lack of communication after the treatments were done. I feel like because it didn’t work I was just tossed to the side and he was on to the next patient which makes me very hesitate to go back again.
Be comfortable with asking questions
During the cycle he was fantastic. After we got our negative results he never called or returned by calls after each cycle
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
I knew a nurse through a mutual friend so I was always greeted and treated fantastic not sure if that’s why but I felt like they all did such a great job. There were always protesters outside the clinic for some reason “science is against gods plan” signs and they always made sure to keep the blinds closed to make sure we couldn’t see them and vice versa
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The protesters aren’t really something they can help I guess but it is very uncomfortable. I would suggest they give people a heads up if they have patients coming in. Maybe a call letting them know the protesters are there. They were there quit a few times at my appts
Each iui treatment cost us around $1800-2,300
Fort Worth

I often felt like a number when I was being seen. He [Dr. Robert Kaufmann] didn't remember our names either. I often had to remind him of things that were significant and have had several friends say the same about him. He's a kind man with compassion though... He concluded there was no concrete reason for us not being able to conceive on our own or with our three IUIs. He always called after the results came in and made sure our questions were answered.
The office staff [at Forth Worth Fertility] came across as unorganized and overworked often times. Don't expect anyone to remember your name or recognize you even after repeated visits.... There was a lot of change over [of nursing staff] during a year of being there. They designate certain nurses to certain types of treatment which is helpful.... My husband was referred to another specialist and it took four phone calls to get paperwork sent to this new doctor, after all forms were signed and verified. Payment amounts always varied without explanation.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
I often felt like a number when I was being seen. He didn't remember our names either. I often had to remind him of things that were significant and have had several friends say the same about him. He's a kind man with compassion though.
Be sure to always ask questions. No question is a dumb question.
It often felt like more of a business transaction than a relationship.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
There was a lot of change over during a year of being there. They designate certain nurses to certain types of treatment which is helpful.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The office staff came across as unorganized and overworked often times. Don't expect anyone to remember your name or recognize you even after repeated visits.
Thankfully our insurance covered most of our IUI expenses once our deductible was met.
Fort Worth
After a failed IVF cycle with another doctor we received high recommendations for Dr Kaufman.... I wish if there saw only 1 or 2 eggs they would stop and restart...I never was informed of how many eggs they saw on the sonograms. Dr Kaufman was really friendly but I was left in the dark why he only retrieved 1 egg.... We started using lupron, garnelyx and follistim. Time specific for each medicine and they evaluated me every 2 days until the trigger shot.
Everyone [Fort Worth Fertility] was so friendly just wished they would have be more spoken about the number of eggs they saw on each sonogram and maybe stopped when they didnt see enough. They only retrieved 1 egg from me and led me to believe there was more... [Cost Of Treatment] 9700 for IVF cycle. Plus 6700 in medicines... After a failed IVF cycle with another doctor we received high recommendations for Dr Kaufman.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Ask every question you.. Dont hold back
He was very friendly and answered all my questions
After a failed IVF cycle with another doctor we received high recommendations for Dr Kaufman. We started using lupron, garnelyx and follistim. Time specific for each medicine and they evaluated me every 2 days until the trigger shot.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
They were friendly and helpful thru the process
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Everyone was so friendly just wished they would have be more spoken about the number of eggs they saw on each sonogram and maybe stopped when they didnt see enough. They only retrieved 1 egg from me and led me to believe there was more
9700 for IVF cycle. Plus 6700 in medicines
Describe Robert Kaufmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fort Worth Fertility.
We would have done 2 with my age