Nutrition counseling is not offered

1800 Mistletoe Blvd.
Fort Worth, TX 76104
817-348-8145

2020 - 2022, Unknown Success
[Dr. Kaufmann] is great at explaining the process and recommending treatment paths. He is very detailed and creates a "recipe" specifically for you. I also loved his confidence! While other clinics and doctors made me feel like my chances were super low of conceiving, Dr K is confident in his abilities to help me have the best chances of conceiving...He tells it like it is and doesn't sugar coat your situation, but shows compassion and his confidence is a good feeling to have!
My experience was not great when it came to staff at FW Fertility. But that was back in 2020 when my husband was diagnosed with azoospermia...I left to try other doctors and just always thought about [Dr. Kaufmann] so I decided to give his clinic another shot...Bottom line, this clinic is good, clean, and Dr K makes it all worth it!...He is very detailed and creates a "recipe" specifically for you.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr K is great at explaining the process and recommending treatment paths. He is very detailed and creates a "recipe" specifically for you. I also loved his confidence! While other clinics and doctors made me feel like my chances were super low of conceiving, Dr K is confident in his abilities to help me have the best chances of conceiving.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Don't let the rest of the staff discourage you! Connect with Leesa and Ivy for wonderful communication and guidance!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr K is wonderful!! His staff however, is lacking at times, especially those at the front desk and billing. But Leesa and Ivy are the best and made me feel comfortable to come back to his clinic after failed IUIs elsewhere, to start IVF.
Describe the protocols Robert Kaufmann used in your cycles at Fort Worth Fertility and their degree of success.
I have done several IUIs and diagnostic procedures with other clinics, but I have decided to switch doctors and come back to Dr K where I had my first consult back in 2020. He will be performing my IVF procedures.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
My experience was not great when it came to staff at FW Fertility. But that was back in 2020 when my husband was diagnosed with azoospermia (no sperm). I left to try other doctors and just always thought about Dr K so I decided to give his clinic another shot after several failed IUIs, especially since he told me they've hired several new nurses and staff members so I'm hoping my next experience with IVF is a better one!
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Bottom line, this clinic is good, clean, and Dr K makes it all worth it! He tells it like it is and doesn't sugar coat your situation, but shows compassion and his confidence is a good feeling to have!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility.
I've been told that IVF will be between $16-19k and optional genetic testing will be about $5k. Medications are also a separate cost.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
When I switched clinics the first time, it took several phone calls to get my chart sent over.
2022, Consult
He [Dr. Biren Patel] was very personable. He was easy to talk and explained everything thoroughly. He made me feel comfortable and at ease...has great bedside manner. He was very friendly and personable. He made me feel at ease. We started on tests right away and it was done with efficiency. I was nervous and without much hope when I came in. He made me feel like I have a chance at success...
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] is a nice space and welcoming environment. The staff is nice and they take you back quickly. Test were done quickly. The weakness is it is difficult to get a call back. I had to make multiple calls to get an appointment and never received a call back from messages left. There is also no call for results. You find out at the next appointment...The first person I talked to that went overs the forms and got things ready for the doctor was very friendly and nice. The others helped with procedures where there wasn’t a time for much interaction. They did there jobs efficiently...
How was your experience with Biren Patel at Fort Worth Fertility?
He has great bedside manner. He was very friendly and personable. He made me feel at ease. We started on tests right away and it was done with efficiency. I was nervous and without much hope when I came in. He made me feel like I have a chance at success.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Biren Patel at Fort Worth Fertility?
So far I would recommend as good pick
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Biren Patel at Fort Worth Fertility?
He was very personable. He was easy to talk and explained everything thoroughly. He made me feel comfortable and at ease.
Describe the protocols Biren Patel used in your cycles at Fort Worth Fertility and their degree of success.
We have only done testing so far. The next step is a medicated IUI cycle. He says most women are able to get pregnant this way. If my tubes are open and have good egg reserve then this is what we should try. He thinks this will work for me. I was glad he didn’t suggest going right to IVF.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic is a nice space and welcoming environment. The staff is nice and they take you back quickly. Test were done quickly. The weakness is it is difficult to get a call back. I had to make multiple calls to get an appointment and never received a call back from messages left. There is also no call for results. You find out at the next appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Biren Patel at Fort Worth Fertility.
Testing for me was completely covered by insurance. Semen analysis is around $100. IUI is supposed to be around $1000-1500.
Describe Biren Patel's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fort Worth Fertility.
None. We didn’t discuss that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
I don’t know if it is there procedure or not but I received no call for test results..

2021, Unsuccessful
Dr. Patel was kind and easy to talk to. My only concern was whether or not he really took a close look at my personal circumstance. It felt like I was treated like a patient with "unexplained" fertility with some male factor issues, when I actually should have been treated as a patient with DOR. My AMH level was never explained to me throughout the process of doing 3 IUI procedures.
This clinic will allow up to 2 embryos to be transferred at a time...Its strength is its location- central Fort Worth was convenient for me...I never had the same nurse..Weakness would be scheduling availability, front desk/billing department organization and it's a little on the higher end of pricing...About $1,200 for each IUI plus the cost of medication.
How was your experience with Biren Patel at Fort Worth Fertility?
Ask to see your bloodwork results and then dig into them and ask questions about them. Stay on top of the front office to get answers about billing and scheduling appointments.
The front desk staff was not organized, appointments did not always start on time, my treatment did not feel proactive.
My first protocol was 200 mg Clomid a day and triggered with Ovidrel. The second and third were Clomid and Follistim injections with Ovidrel trigger. In the third IUI we also tried doing back-to-back days of inseminations to try to get more sperm.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
I never had the same nurse so I don't even know their names.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Its strength is its location - central Fort Worth was convenient for me. They have a lot of good reviews via word of mouth. Weakness would be scheduling availability, front desk/billing department organization and it's a little on the higher end of pricing.
About $1,200 for each IUI plus the cost of medication.
This clinic will allow up to 2 embryos to be transferred at a time. I did not do IVF at this clinic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
I was not informed about my AMH level and that I should have been considered a DOR patient. My husband had some issues with paperwork and payment almost every time he had to bring a sperm sample into the clinic.
Fort Worth

Dr Kaufmann is a very blunt dr...He always explained every ultrasound and lab result to us, and when he couldn’t be there his partner was just as educated and maintained the same patient relationship with us...[ESET Approach] We are allowed to transfer 2 embryos at a time, I feel that is the best way. He won’t do more than 2 for risks that may be to mom and baby...He personally called us after our negative test to explain what was next
[The Fort Worth Fertility clinic is] Very informative in the diagnosis and will help you with finding the best ways to get services for the best cost...Always answers quickly if you email they will get back within 24 hours if not same day...Just make sure you triple check you have all your meds and call them and go over It early like right when you get them so you can make sure you aren’t missing anything
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr Kaufmann is a very blunt dr, he told us my husband sperm was just not the brightest bulb in the box. He made it feel like we were his only patients as a nurse personally I know how hard that can be sometimes when you have so many other things in your mind. He always explained every ultrasound and lab result to us, and when he couldn’t be there his partner was just as educated and maintained the same patient relationship with us. Through all the covid 19 fears I had working in a busy ER he mad sure to reassure me we were doing everything to protect me and to make sure we had the best possible results. We did end up having to cancel due to labs being abnormal, but he called us personally and made sure to tell us the day everything opened back up he would call us. And today he gave us the call the first day everything is opened back for elective procedures and had us ready to hear up for a second cycle.
Be patient. The clinic is busy but they really do get back pretty quickly within the day or the very next day. Everything feels like centuries during this journey, even a phone call. Also check your med list when you’ve received all your meds from mail order. Our trigger shot prescription didn’t get put in some how. And we got the day before trigger to our appointment and we thought it was going to be given to us or ordered and picked up at a pharmacy. Nope we scrambled and got it but believe i stressed. They made sure everything got done but I just felt so stressed out all day and the less stress the better
He always was there to answer any questions. He personally called us after our negative test to explain what was next. And today he was the one to call and tell us to restart our Lupron injections to start our transfer in May. His partner dr Patel that helps with his patients personally called to explain my labs were abnormal when we had to cancel our second transfer before covid cancelled it all together.
For retrieval we started with birth control to regulate my cycle, then we follistim to grow follicles to collect eggs and ganrillex to also grow eggs, then cetrotide to prevent premature ovulation and egg dropping. We trigged with pregnyl then retriever eggs. We decided to do a fresh transfer we used estrace and progesterone in oil IM. This cycle my progesterone was high and we had a failed transfer. We started gearing up for second cycle for a FET, we started birth control CD1 then estrace throughout the ultrasound and lab work, we were about to start progesterone in oil, my progesterone was too high at 8.8 so we had to cancel. We start to gear up again for a FET starting tomorrow this cycle we are using Lupron to suppress ovulation and hopefully keep my progesterone levels down then we will Do estrace and progesterone till 10 weeks.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laehana)
Laehana was our coordinator and I know that is a hard job, I felt she was pretty organized for the most but sometimes didn’t have the answers we needed. She Needed to call us back to find the answers but atleast she did what was needed to find answers that we wanted. And always got back with us within 24 hrs. The nurse that helped with ultrasounds and transfers/retrieval’s I can not remember her name for the life of me! She is loud and funny, and she makes you feel like everything is going to to be ok. She jokes and puts you at ease the whole time. I love their staff. They make sure you get the answers you need
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Very informative in the diagnosis and will help you with finding the best ways to get services for the best cost ( we are self pay) Always answers quickly if you email they will get back within 24 hours if not same day, same with returning calls. They treat you like a human not a number and make you feel comfortable. Weaknesses I don’t think there are many. Just make sure you triple check you have all your meds and call them and go over It early like right when you get them so you can make sure you aren’t missing anything
First cycle for retrieval we had some help from insurance they covered $5000 we put in $10000. Then meds were about $6000 out of pocket that was including the fresh transfer. We have no more insurance coverage now. Each FET $3200 now. We had to cancel so we owe $740 for the ultrasound and labs that we have to redo and our Lupron cost $250 for this coming up transfer. Progesterone in oil was about $20 and estrace about $15. Birth control about $10
Describe Robert Kaufmann's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Fort Worth Fertility.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
Our trigger shot prescription somehow did not get faxed with other prescriptions, and we almost didn’t get it in time. But they made sure to have it overnighted free of cost so we could trigger on time and retrieve eggs. It was added stress they made sure to put in the extra work to get it to us

2016 - 2020, Unknown Success
He [Dr. Robert Kaufmann] is an incredibly caring doctor with personal experience in infertility treatments...Every visit his focus was solely on me and my husband... He always calls to follow up after every treatment or procedure...We have been through 4 IUIs...All IUIs consisted of Gonal F and a trigger shot in increasing doses for each round...We are preparing for our first IVF after this Covid crisis comes to an end.
All of the staff at Fort Worth Fertility is outstanding. They all communicate and keep me informed...Depending on the dosages of medication our IUIs ran around $1,000-$1,500. Our IVF will be around $22,000 with medications and PGS testing of all embryos....[Dr.Kaufmann] is an incredibly down to earth doctor who makes you feel comfortable and relaxed..
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
He is an incredibly caring doctor with personal experience in infertility treatments and it shows. He goes above and beyond to make you feel comfortable and relaxed. He always calls to follow up after every treatment or procedure. He truly makes you feel like the only patient he has.
Go see him. Talk to him. Get to know him and let him get to know you. He’s a fantastic communicator!
He is an incredibly down to earth doctor who makes you feel comfortable and relaxed. I didn’t feel like a number at all. Every visit his focus was solely on me and my husband. We felt like the only patient he had.
We have been through 4 IUIs, 1 of which resulted in twins with a miscarriage around 11 weeks. All IUIs consisted of Gonal F and a trigger shot in increasing doses for each round. The 3rd round was positive. We are preparing for our first IVF after this Covid crisis comes to an end.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla for the IUIs)
All of the staff at Fort Worth Fertility is outstanding! They all communicate and keep me informed. They always greet us with a smile or hug and they’ve been there to hold our hands through loses and failed treatments. I cannot say enough good things about the staff at the clinic.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic is clean and all the staff are incredibly friendly, greeting you with smiles or hugs. They get to know you by name so when you walk in no matter who is behind the counter they will look up and say “Hey Ashley! Welcome back!” They will hold your hand if you’re nervous and spend as long as you need explaining things to you. Outstanding group of folks!
Dr. K. gave us the option of how many we felt comfortable implanting up to 2. I am 33 so our decision for our first IVF in a few months will be 2 embryos.
Fort Worth

When he [Dr. Robert Kaufmann] explained to us why continuing IUI's would do us more harm than good he used a baseball analogy, which my husband loved. When we missed carried our first pregnancy after our 2nd attempt of FET, he called us that weekend to see how I was feeling. He showed genuine compassion and love for us...Dr. K will only transfer 2 embryos during transfer. We are allowed to pick the genders of choice for transfer or one of each gender if available.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. K is very easy to communicate with. From the very first minute to our last phone call recently he makes us feel comfortable and cared for. He always has a way of communicating processes and procedures in terms we can relate to and understand. When he explained to us why continuing IUI's would do us more harm than good he used a baseball analogy, which my husband loved. When we missed carried our first pregnancy after our 2nd attempt of FET, he called us that weekend to see how I was feeling. He showed genuine compassion and love for us. Made us feel like we were one of his own family members grieving something painful. Dr. Kaufmann is like no other doctor I have experienced. He is passionate about his work and passionate about helping you achieve your aspired goals of starting a family. We met Dr. K one year ago for our consultation and have spoken to him every month since. We have not fulfilled our dream of having a baby yet and are looking forward to continuing our care with Dr. Kaufmann
Trust his process and trust his knowledge. He knows his field and truly cares for each of his patients. If there is something you don't fully understand never hesitate to ask him to explain, he has a million examples and analogies that will get you to the point of feeling less overwhelmed and more knowledgeable in your own health.
From the minute Dr. Kaufmann walked in the room we felt like family. He was patient, funny and direct with us on the process he felt was necessary for our case. He made us laugh and made me feel cared about when I cried during our consultation. Dr. Kaufmann never makes you feel like he's in a hurry and gives his full attention to you in every visit. I always felt like I was his only patient.
Our first step with Dr. Kaufmann was Egg Retrieval. We were put on a well timed and easy to follow medication regimen for 3 weeks leading up to egg retrieval day. We used Gonal-F (150 IU), Menopaur (75 IU) for 6 days. Then we added Ganirelix (1 prefilled syringe) for 5 days. We also took an antibiotic during these 11 days both myself and my husband. We had 6 appointments with sono's and bloodwork leading up to egg retrieval to check hormone levels and follicle progression. For frozen embryo transfers, I was taking estrodiol and progesterone shots in oil leading up to transfer. After transfer I continued the progesterone shots until confirmed pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Laeahana & Ashley)
Our nurse was very responsive in our needs and would call or email back in a timely manner. She always showed friendship and compassion in all communications. She worked hard to get results to us quickly even when challenged with closing of local offices used for bloodwork and sonograms in my town. When we miscarried she called late that evening to check on us and asked if we needed anything. She checked on me periodically over the next week to ensure my safety and mental well being. All of our nurses we had contact with at Fort Worth Fertility were kind, fun, passionate and caring with every visit. Never felt like we were a burden.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Fort Worth Fertility Clinic is a very clean, professional and up to date facility in the medical community. The staff is knowledgeable and willing to find an answer when unknown. The staff is efficient in scheduling timely appointments at both their location and also facilitating schedules at our local location. The financial department could work on helping each patient understand the cost of procedures now vs. the cost you will incur later if you don't do it now. For example Genetic Testing is a set price up to 8 embryos, however if you have more embryos there is an extra cost. At the time following egg retrieval we had 12 total embryos and were given an extra price of $1700 to test the extra 4. However, it was not expressed at that time that if we chose not to test them right then and want to test them in the future months it will cost $5000. If we would have known that the cost was that much greater later on we would have chose to test all 12 and not 8. Little major details like that should be shared with couples. Also, the financial department needs to be more detailed in explanations when insurances are involved. For example, we have a $3500 coverage for fertility and a $1500 coverage for medications. The financial department didn't clearly express those cost to us and we got a fertility loan for more than we needed.
IVF: (egg retrieval, ultrsounds, labs) = $18,000 Medications = $3600 (egg retrieval), $150 (3 vials PIO) x 9 to date = $450, Estrogen = $40 (30 day supply) x 5 months = $200, various supplies (syringes/needles, alcohol wipes, travel cases, sharps containers) = $500+ Transfers = $3000 Genetic Testing = $5000 (up to 8 embryos) Other office visits: (ultrasounds & labs @ local facility) = $260 (ultrasound) x 12+(approx) = $3600. Labs = $80 per visit x 12+(approx) = $960 D&C Miscarriage procedure = $14,000 (local hospital) (insurance covered $10,000; Patient responsible for $4000)
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
I feel the financial department should have given us more detailed information on finances for IVF and future genetic testing as expressed in the last comment.
Fort Worth

[Dr. Patel] works diligently to make sure you are comfortable and not in pain during your visit...His positivity is infectious...remember you and what you said in a visit a month ago...very patient and explains things extremely well. He has a great bedside manner and makes sure to call you at home if a cycle canceled or failed...helping me understand the whole process and my steps to take.
Very Clean office space [Fort Worth Fertility] and the process of checking in is efficient...Directions are written out and you are kept up to date on your progress...never waiting long to see the doctor, which is important for quick, short on-time appointments...Each cycle has a universal set price for IUI. You play a flat rate to include ultrasounds and insemination...make you feel like more than a number or uterus, you are a person going through a very tough struggle and the staff is dedicated to making you succeed.
How was your experience with Biren Patel at Fort Worth Fertility?
He is very patient and explains things extremely well. He has a great bedside manner and makes sure to call you at home if a cycle canceled or failed. Dr. Patel also works diligently to make sure you are comfortable and not in pain during your visit.
His positivity is infectious, I am so glad I switched to this clinic. They are thorough and try very hard to help you succeed.
Dr. Patel and the Fort Worth Fertility office always put the patient first. They remember you and what you said in a visit a month ago, and they are very patient with helping me understand the whole process and my steps to take.
Since I have been with Dr. Patel, we have done oral and injectables. I take clomid and letrozole with Gonal F or menopur injections.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Cynthia and Taylor)
The nurses and fertility coordinators are very thoughtful and take care to make sure the whole process goes smoothly. They make you feel like more than a number or uterus, you are a person going through a very tough struggle and the staff is dedicated to making you succeed
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Very Clean office space and the process of checking in is efficient Directions are written out and you are kept up to date on your progress. You are never waiting long to see the doctor, which is important for quick, short on-time appointments.

IUI With Other Docs
Dr Kaufmann like to do the “Stairstep” method where he would start at a low dose of Femara and then if the results of the scans weren’t where he wanted he upped the Femara dose and added Clomid as well and after that round if he didn’t like the scan he would increase the dose even more... all within one cycle...was very hard to get a hold of, and I only saw him at my consulation appointment. We sat in his office and he wrote down my history. During that time I felt like he was annoyed and just trying to rush though the appointment. I was not impressed by his bedside manner in the least.
Fort Worth Fertility does not know how to treat as many patients as they take on. Their nurse is very unprofessional and hard to talk to, and through the whole thing I saw Dr Kaufman one time for the consultation. Even then, he acted like I was dumb for asking the questions that I did and that he didn’t have the time to discuss and talk to me about a treatment plan...Priscilla [nurse] was very hard to get a hold of, every call just went straight to voicemail and it would sometimes be days before she would return your call. She forgot to send in my prescription twice, and every time I did talk to her she would rush through the phone call and I wouldn’t even get the chance to ask questions or think about what she was saying.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr Kaufmann was very hard to get a hold of, and I only saw him at my consulation appointment. We sat in his office and he wrote down my history. During that time I felt like he was annoyed and just trying to rush though the appointment. I was not impressed by his bedside manner in the least.
Be prepared to be treated like a number.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Priscilla)
Priscilla was very hard to get a hold of, every call just went straight to voicemail and it would sometimes be days before she would return your call. She forgot to send in my prescription twice, and every time I did talk to her she would rush through the phone call and I wouldn’t even get the chance to ask questions or think about what she was saying.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Strengths- they allowed me to do my treatment and scans from another office so I didn’t have to travel multiple times a week. Weaknesses- bedside manner, communications, compassion, organization, time management
Fort Worth

He [Dr. Kaufmann] has compassion for his patients as well. He shared that he went through the ivf process himself with his wife so he understands the emotional side of this process as well. Every time I go to the clinic, even just for bloodwork, he is always available and makes a point to say ‘hello’. He does not rush through appointments and makes sure that my questions and concerns are addressed...My first treatment was IUI. I was started on Clomid and monitored with ultrasounds.
Amber was my ivf coordinator and Priscilla was my IUI coordinator [at Fort Worth Fertility] Both are very knowledgeable and made sure my husband and I understood our injection instructions and cycle calendars. They are both available by phone or email...Most monitoring was done with lab work. All labs must be done before 1030 in order to have the results back same day. So all monitoring had to be scheduled before 10:30. It was easy to pick my time slot and they were willing to work with my work schedule.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann is very professional and personable at the same time. He is very smart but takes time to explain things to me. He has compassion for his patients as well. He shared that he went through the ivf process himself with his wife so he understands the emotional side of this process as well. Every time I go to the clinic, even just for bloodwork, he is always available and makes a point to say ‘hello’. He does not rush through appointments and makes sure that my questions and concerns are addressed.
Ask questions, because he will answer them. And trust him, because he knows this specialty very well.
Dr. Kaufmann treated me as a person. He never rushes through appointments and takes the time to get to know my husband and I. He was even available by cell phone on Christmas Eve when I was sick.
My first treatment was IUI. I was started on Clomid and monitored with ultrasounds. I did not respond to clomid so I was put on Gonal F. My husband has low sperm counts so we tried IUI first but it failed. Dr. Kaufmann gave us the option of referring my husband to a urologist but we opted not to and proceeded with IVF. My first IVF cycle Dr. Kaufmann was concerned that I would develop OHSS so he triggered me with Lupron instead of HCG shot. I did not get OHSS. We froze our embryos and then did a frozen transfer the following cycle. I got pregnant but miscarried because my beta was not increasing. We opted to get pgs testing done with the next frozen transfer but the second transfer failed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber and Priscilla)
The nursing staff is amazing! Everyone is so friendly and personable. Amber was my ivf coordinator and Priscilla was my IUI coordinator. Both are very knowledgeable and made sure my husband and I understood our injection instructions and cycle calendars. They are both available by phone or email. If you called or emailed they will get back to you same day. They are also very compassionate, especially during the harder times.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Strengths: Professional, clean, knowledgeable, easily available by phone, same day lab results, very knowledgeable with current research. Weaknesses: Not all of the nurses know the pricing. There is a financial person there and she is the only one who can answer questions about cost.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Fort Worth Fertility.
I would estimate the IUI maybe approximately $2500 and the IVF with two frozen embryo transfers and PGS testing And meds $25000
With my age and health, Dr. Kaufmann gave my husband and I the option and we chose to transfer two. He did educate us on the risks and statistics of multiples.
Fort Worth

Dr. Kaufmann himself has called me the evenings of both negative betas to see how me and my husband were doing...I really appreciate that Dr. Kaufmann himself takes the time to call us each cycle. He explains our options, why things may or may not be successful, and accepts our input. He is personal and friendly during visits and sets a calm mood. He is positive without being fake or overly optimistic...
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] does an outstanding job and scheduling. I have always had a call returned the same day within a few hours. Every person I’ve spoken with on the phone has been kind and patient. I have never encountered anyone at the clinic who seemed to be in a bad mood. My wait times have consistently been short. The staff is upfront about costs and is willing to answer questions...
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. The team has always been willing to answer my questions.
The staff in the office asked me questions to get to know me. They would remember things about me and bring them up again. They took the extra time to be personable. Dr. Kaufmann himself has called me the evenings of both negative betas to see how me and my husband were doing.
I had an initial intake consultations during which a transvaginal ultrasound was performed and bloodwork was done. I had an HSG which was nearly painless and found no problems. My husband had a semen analysis done by the lab which showed adequate results. We have done two IUI cycles. I did 100mg of Clomid on days 4-8. I had monitoring appointments, at which I begin Estrace for a thin lining. I triggered with an Ovidrel shot and then went in 36 hours later for the IUI. Semen was collected at home each time and then taken to the clinic for washing. I began Prometrium two days after the IUI until 14dpiui, when I went in for a beta test.
I’ve primarily worked with Priscilla but have also seen a few other nurses. Each nurse has been patient, warm, and kind. Priscilla is prompt with answering questions and returning phone calls. She works to accommodate my schedule with making appointments. Her directions have always been clear and easy to understand and she has provided opportunities for asking questions.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic does an outstanding job and scheduling. I have always had a call returned the same day within a few hours. Every person I’ve spoken with on the phone has been kind and patient. I have never encountered anyone at the clinic who seemed to be in a bad mood. My wait times have consistently been short. The staff is upfront about costs and is willing to answer questions.
My husband’s semen analysis was approximately $90. Our initial consult was around $300. My HSG has a negotiated rate through insurance and was only around $200. Each IUI cycle costs $975 and includes all monitoring appointments. Semen preparation for IUI is around $150.
Fort Worth

Dr. K [Kaufmann] is real and raw. For me it works and I love it. He tells the truth, but does it with such compassion. You can tell he deals with women of extreme emotions. He and his wife have both undergone IVF, twice. Because of that, he was great at letting my husband know what to expect from the males perspective, which was/is great. He brings a sense of lightness to each appointment...We want to do multiple embryo transfer and he was so on board.
I have not run into a weakness at my clinic [Fort Worth Fertility]. My appointments are usually right on time and my wait time inside the room is extremely minimal. The front desk staff is great, the financial coordinator is quick and responds to e-mails within the day. The ladies who take your blood are incredible and so sweet. Everyone in the office has so much compassion....
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. K is real and raw. For me it works and I love it. He tells the truth, but does it with such compassion. You can tell he deals with women of extreme emotions. He and his wife have both undergone IVF, twice. Because of that, he was great at letting my husband know what to expect from the males perspective, which was/is great. He brings a sense of lightness to each appointment.
Ask the questions. Any question. He and his staff do not make you feel incompetent with any questions. Dr. K is a doer, when you say go..he goes and it happens fast. Let him know if things are moving too quickly.
Dr.K is real and raw. Upon consult I let him know I was tough so I needed the tough answers. He laid it all out, but did it with love and care.
I had low egg count, so i completely skipped the timed intercourse and went straight to IUI. I did one IUI and my husband and I asked to just continue forward with IVF. Dr. K was completely on board with whatever we wanted to do. Once starting Stims for egg retrieval he watched extremely closely. He'd ask about my shots, check those areas to make sure i was topically reacting okay to them. Rest and taking time is his biggest protocol.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Leaehna )
Leaehna is incredible. She is quick to respond to voicemails and knows her stuff. If she does not know an answer to something she is honest and quick to talk to Dr. K to get the answer. She makes me feel so comfortable each time we speak!
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
I have not run into a weakness at my clinic. My appointments are usually right on time and my wait time inside the room is extremely minimal. The front desk staff is great, the financial coordinator is quick and responds to e-mails within the day. The ladies who take your blood are incredible and so sweet. Everyone in the office has so much compassion.
My insurance did not cover anything, so all things were out of pocket. At initial consult they gave me over the phone how much it was going to be so i could be prepared to pay. Each time i set an appointment they wrote down what my next would cost.
We want to do multiple embryo transfer and he was so on board. We are young, but we come from a family of multiples and made him aware that we know what we are getting ourselves into. He was okay with it. I had a friend who saw him and because of her petite size he did not recommend it for her. I think he bases it off of how well he feels you are capable of carrying and handling that type of lifestyle.
Fort Worth

I did two IUI treatments with him [Dr. Kaufmann] and then two rounds of IVF one IVF with my own egg and one with donor eggs... I never questioned his protocol of medications he did what he thought was best for the circumstances I was in...He gives you an option to transfer one or two embryos based off of each individual circumstances...he does not treat you just like a number he wants to know about you as a human being about your history about your family life he is an exceptionally great doctor
IVF treatment typically with your own eggs [at Fort Worth Fertility] cost about 13 to 15000 getting donor eggs and one round of transfer is about 23 to 25,000...Overall I have all positive thoughts of the clinic , just ask questions and request receipts for all treatments... Be prepared to have several very quick appointments, just having labs. Most if the time they get you in before your appointment time...Three different nurses three different times one for IUI one for IVF with my own egg and one with IVF with donor egg and all of them were very good on communicating with me and being able to answer questions via phone or email
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Kaufman is definitely a people person he will take the time to explain anything and everything to you he does put his patients first... He can relate to his patients as he and his wife have been through fertility treatments as well both positive and negative results
Always ask questions be honest and truthful and be prepared that he will be very blunt but honest
Dr. Kaufman is an exceptionally great doctor he does not treat you just like a number he wants to know about you as a human being about your history about your family life he is an exceptionally great doctor
I did two IUI treatments with him and then two rounds of IVF one IVF with my own egg and one with donor eggs... I never questioned his protocol of medications he did what he thought was best for the circumstances I was in
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: All of them)
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
It's all very expensive make sure you get paperwork showing what you're paying for and ask questions IVF treatment typically with your own eggs cost about 13 to 15000 getting donor eggs and one round of transfer is about 23 to 25,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
On one round of IUI, I had to call for my beta test results. No one called me all day. Called last five minutes before they closed and got results
2011 - 2019, Unknown Success
Dr Kaufmann is warm and understanding. When I transferred records to his clinic from a prior clinic, he saw that I had a failed pregnancy recently at the prior clinic, and he called me up in the evening to tell me how sorry he was that had happened.... I also saw Dr Kaufmann before I had a partner, and he was also great to me as a single woman. I feel like he is always considering my individual circumstances rather than trying to treat all patients alike.
In my experience, even when Dr Kaufmann is working with another doctor, he always stays personally involved with his patients. My experience with Fort Worth Fertility is heads and tails better than the other local clinic I visited.... Amber and Ashley are great. Amber has recently relocated, and we feel that her departure will be a great loss for Dr Kaufmann.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
I always get the sense that Dr Kaufmann truly wanted my partner and I to succeed, and he really cares for the patient's emotional state of mind. I also saw Dr Kaufmann before I had a partner, and he was also great to me as a single woman. I feel like he is always considering my individual circumstances rather than trying to treat all patients alike. He is far better than the doctor at the prior fertility clinic I went to. Dr Kaufmann was also a doctor to a friend of mine, and he told her that based on what he was seeing with her embryo growth after the egg retrieval, he felt she was unlikely to succeed with further treatment. So I'm confident he is also honest and professional enough to have the difficult conversations with patients when warranted, rather than just continuing to take their money.
I would advise another patient that she is in good hands, and to expect that he is warm and outgoing.
multiple IUIs with donor sperm several years ago, six IVF cycles in the past year with my partner's sperm where last 4 were on Cornell protocol, got 2 embryos each in 1st two IVF cycles and 3-5 each on the Cornell protocol IVF cycles, which I felt is very good for a 42yo woman with low ovarian reserve. We fresh transferred 2 on one cycle, but froze the rest because Dr Kaufmann felt he could get my uterine lining thicker/better on a frozen transfer later. The primary reason we kept doing cycles was to build up a reserve of embryos because my partner wants us to have as near to possible of a sure thing, and I'm old enough that my ob/gyn partner expects I might have difficulty producing eggs later.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Amber)
2016 - 2019, Successful
Dr. Kaufmann is frank which we like. He is straight forward with us and tells us everything we want to know. He goes over the treatment step by step...First [protocol] was just famara to see how I reacted...It was not strong enough and he recommended taking a strong path with injectables and clomid...Does his own sonos for egg count and lining checks. He is wholly involved in every single patient.
The nursing staff[of Fort Worth Fertility] was not very involved in my treatment as Dr Kaufmann was my primary. But they did explain my medications and trained me how to take the injectables very well...the costs were fair $950 for an IUI without medicine. This comes unlimited sonos. $100 for sperm wash. $350 for initial consult which also included sono to check uterine lining...The wait time for your appointment can be a little longer but Dr Kaufmann truly takes his time with his patients
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr Kaufmann is frank which we like. He is straight forward with us and tells us everything we want to know. He goes over the treatment step by step. Does his own sonos for egg count and lining checks. He is wholly involved in every single patient.
He is frank with his patients. He does not like to sugar coat things. Expect to be told the truth as it is, but also know that he will be honest with how he feels treatment will go. He knows that infertility is like as he and his wife went through this process.
He treated me like a human. Even though it had been years between treatment he remembered our twin loss. Remembered my husbands sperm count, and asked questions about our daughter he helped us conceive. He actually cares about his patients. Not just getting them pregnant but about their well being, achieving their dreams, and allowing them to bring home a healthy and happy baby.
First was just famara to see how I reacted as I did not like how clomid made me feel. It was not strong enough and he recommended taking a strong path with injectables and clomid. Which worked best for me. We did not know why or how I was ovulating but he knew he could help me get to where I wanted to be.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
The nursing staff was not very involved in my treatment as Dr Kaufmann was my primary. But they did explain my medications and trained me how to take the injectables very very well. They also answered any questions about my schedule thoroughly.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic is small but runs smoothly. The wait time for your appointment can be a little longer but Dr Kaufmann truly takes his time with his patients. He doesn't rush through. I do like there were not many people in the waiting room when I've went and I think that was great on scheduling.
I think the costs were fair $950 for an IUI without medicine. This comes unlimited sonos. $100 for sperm wash. $350 for initial consult which also included sono to check uterine lining. Blood work done same day as consult. Results back by the next day. $300 for tube check with dye. Both the consult and the dye test were able to be billed to my insurance and I paid less than $200 for both.
Fort Worth
Dr. Kaufmann is a doctor that I look forward to seeing. He always greeted me with a smile and remembered me. He was very thorough when going over my treatment plans. After our first IUI did not work, he changed his course to find things that would better work for me...he is so kind and will answer any questions you have. He treats us like humans and never made me feel bad for having so many questions
Everyone at this clinic worked extremely hard for all of their patients. I never left wondering what was next. I also feel like they all work well together. Such a fun atmosphere....[nursing staff was] Very kind and knowledgable...Very fair on pricing. We did four IUI's and I think the cost was around $800. This included all scans, preparing the semen and the IUI. Meds were extra
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann is a doctor that I look forward to seeing. He always greeted me with a smile and remembered me. He was very thorough when going over my treatment plans. After our first IUI did not work, he changed his course to find things that would better work for me. I feel Dr. Kaufmann did his very best for us and I am hoping we can go back to see him soon for IVF.
To not be afraid, he is so kind and will answer any questions you have. He treats us like humans and never made me feel bad for having so many questions.
Dr. Kaufmann is such a kind individual. Truly cares for you and your feelings. He went over everything with me completely and always listened to my questions. He understood how I felt and truly did everything he could for us.
I don't remember all treatment protocols.. we went through 4 IUI's over a few months last year. We did change things up each time. He did find what my body responded well to.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
Very kind and knowledgable.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Everyone at this clinic worked extremely hard for all of their patients. I never left wondering what was next. I also feel like they all work well together. Such a fun atmosphere. I enjoyed every visit.
Very fair on pricing. We did four IUI's and I think the cost was around $800. This included all scans, preparing the semen and the IUI. Meds were extra.
Fort Worth

Dr Kaufmann tries to take the time with each patient, but smaller appointments like monitoring can feel very rushed if he’s running behind schedule. He’ll stay if you have questions, but won’t do additional explaining. ... In the middle of our first IUI, we’ve used femara instead of clomid to reduce side effects. Ovidrel for the trigger shot. Still in the waiting period to see if this worked.
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] is very busy, expect to wait. If the wait times get too long, they offer to flex with Dr. Patel. It’s helpful if you know a bit about the procedure before you go in, so you have a good basis of questions to ask. ... All cost are cash, not through insurance $450 for initial consultation $300 for HSG $95 for semen analysis $950 for IUI monitoring and insemination $168 for sample wash for insemination
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Everything will be explained.
Dr Kaufmann takes the time to make sure your questions are answered and to explain what to expect from procedures.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
The nursing staff is very caring, and willing to help.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic is very busy, expect to wait. If the wait times get too long, they offer to flex with Dr. Patel. It’s helpful if you know a bit about the procedure before you go in, so you have a good basis of questions to ask.
2017 - 2019, Successful
He [Dr. Kaufmann] was warm & intentionally connected with us as patients and humans... He was a fabulous Dr with his bedside manner and experience. He made every visit feel empowering and not fear based like our OBGYN. He gave us hope which we didn’t have before walking into the doors. Everything about our experience with him was wonderful. He truly cared.... The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] feels a bit cold in the waiting room. It’s super modern & not super welcoming at first.
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] feels a bit cold in the waiting room. It’s super modern & not super welcoming at first. But once you walk back you feel warm, welcomed and heard. The office staff and Dr each know you & care for you!... He [Dr. Kaufmann] was a fabulous Dr with his bedside manner and experience. He made every visit feel empowering and not fear based like our OBGYN. He gave us hope which we didn’t have before walking into the doors.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
He truly cares about you!
He was warm & intentionally connected with us as patients and humans
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic feels a bit cold in the waiting room. It’s super modern & not super welcoming at first. But once you walk back you feel warm, welcomed and heard. The office staff and Dr each know you & care for you!
Fort Worth

Dr. Kaufmann has an excellent way of helping each patient work toward their goal of starting a family. I always felt that Dr. Kaufmann cared about my husband and me, and we were never just "a number". When I received a negative pregnancy test, he called me at 9 pm to say he was so sorry for the news and that he would do everything possible to help us have a baby. Although I am not pregnant yet, I trust Dr. Kaufmann and his staff.
Nicole [a nurse at Fort Worth Fertility] was great and compassionate! She was very helpful and answered all of my questions sufficiently.... Initially, Dr. Kaufmann was worried that I may have diminished ovarian reserve, so he wanted to be more aggressive with the medications. I started stimulation taking 150 IU Menopur and 300 IU Follistim. After my first lab and ultrasound, Dr. K lowered the dosage of my follistim, as I was responding well to the medications. He continued to lower it to decrease my chances of OHSS. Additionally, he changed my trigger shot from Pregnyl to Lupron, due to overstimulation.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann has great bedside manner, and I have no doubt that he truly cares about his patients. Before coming to Dr. Kaufmann, I was seeing my OBGYN for fertility treatments, and I only actually saw my doctor at 1 visit out of 8. Dr. Kaufmann was not like this at all, and we saw him at every appointment. We didn't feel rushed to get in and get out, as Dr. Kaufmann took the time to answer all of our questions (which was many!) Dr. Kaufmann speaks from experience, as he and his wife also experienced infertility and has a great way of explaining each step of the process. My husband and I both think the world of him.
It does feel very overwhelming at the first consultation. You are moved to a few different rooms to discuss different options, financing, and also for the exam. However, I felt that each person that I came into contact with at the clinic was friendly and helpful. I would recommend to give yourself plenty of time to attend the first few appointments and make sure to ask questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Nicole was great and compassionate! She was very helpful and answered all of my questions sufficiently.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Dr. Kaufmann and staff are helpful and compassionate. They walk you through and explain each step of the process. Dr. Kaufmann has great bedside manner and his nurses are very considerate of your time.
it was around $9700 for and IVF cycle without medication.
I felt adequately informed regarding the number of embryos to transfer and the risks.
Fort Worth

I am so thankful for Dr. Kaufmann and the process that we have been going through with him. He is kind and compassionate always making you and your situation important. You are never short a laugh when you see or talk to him. I like that he tells you like it is but does it in a way that makes the good and bad news easy to take.... Each cycle has been a little different because I didn't always have a successful reactions with the medications. My first cycle I did fermara with gonal-f and never showed much growth with my follicles. My second cycle I did clomid (3 rounds in a row) and had growth but never reached where they needed to be.
It [Forth Worth Fertility] is very clean and has a nice atmosphere. I have had to wait a little bit for a couple of appointments but I also now they take their time with their patients and I appreciate that. Everyone is very respectful and friendly.... For each cycle we spent about $3,000...we had 4 of them...and plan on spending between $15,000-$20,000 during this IVF cycle.... they do a really good job at calling me back and making sure that whatever steps I need to do next are in line as far as meds and appointments go.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
I am so thankful for Dr. Kaufmann and the process that we have been going through with him. He is kind and compassionate always making you and your situation important. You are never short a laugh when you see or talk to him. I like that he tells you like it is but does it in a way that makes the good and bad news easy to take. This isn't an easy process to go through so having a doctor who cares about their patients and is very knowledgeable on all aspects is definitely a plus...we scored that with Dr. Kaufmann.
Just always be prepared with questions and some knowledge of the process you may be going through...I always make a list because without fail if I don't I forget what I am going to ask him.
Dr. Kaufmann goes out of his way to make you feel comfortable and to make sure all your questions are answered all while making you laugh. He cares about his patients and frequently calls to check up on you even after business hours. He remember who I am and my husband and is always asking about our lives...not just the infertility part.
Each cycle has been a little different because I didn't always have a successful reactions with the medications. My first cycle I did fermara with gonal-f and never showed much growth with my follicles. My second cycle I did clomid (3 rounds in a row) and had growth but never reached where they needed to be. Took a round of birth control to reset my system. 3rd round went back to fermara with the gonal-f (up my dosages of gonal-f for this round) had great follicles and then did trigger shot and a failed IUI. Decided that my tubes were the biggest issue and that IVF would be a better fit. He said that we we could do another IUI but our percentage of getting pregnant were very low. We opted to take little break and are now doing our IVF cycle.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Barbara and Victoria )
I live in Midland so most of the monitoring I have done is with my clinic here and then I speak with the nurses in Fort Worth over the phone. It makes it a little more difficult but they do a really good job at calling me back and making sure that whatever steps I need to do next are in line as far as meds and appointments go.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Like I said...I live in Midland and they do such a great job accommodating me. When I need to be in Forth Worth they always make sure I have an appointment and take care of me when I am there. It is very clean and has a nice atmosphere. I have had to wait a little bit for a couple of appointments but I also now they take their time with their patients and I appreciate that. Everyone is very respectful and friendly.
We are just now in the beginning phases of our IVF cycle.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
My progesterone prescription for after my IUI wasn't received at the pharmacy and when I called after hours Dr. Kaufmann called me back personally and sent in the prescription that I needed that day. Things do happen and I understand that but it was nice that he went out of his way to make sure I had what I needed.
Fort Worth

He [Dr. Robert Kaufmann] goes out of his way to make you laugh and to lighten the mood. When cycles fail he makes sure to call you that night, which is exceptionally amazing! The only thing is that he has too many patients. He’s super busy all the time.... He had too many patients for one Doctor. Always felt like I couldn’t ask the questions I wanted because they were always in a hurry.... Be your own advocate. Before you start IVF get the tests needed to make sure nothing else is wrong with you before paying $25k. Do the research, get your blood tested, go to your obgyn make sure you don’t have something else that could be wrong before starting.
Two of the IUI’s transfers were missed due to ovulating over the weekend. Because they [Fort Worth Fertility] don’t monitor iui patients over the weekend. That cost us about $5k this happened twice. When doing IVF they didn’t tell us that we needed to send in written consent on how many embryos we wanted sent to the lab. On day 5 we had one embryo and they tried to send it for PGS testing for $5k. Then told us it was our fault bc we didn’t send in a written statement on how many embryos we wanted sent or not sent to PGS testing. Would’ve been glad to send that letter if they had gone over that process with us. Thank god day 7 we got 3 more embryos and ended up with 4 to send for PGS testing.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
He goes out of his way to make you laugh and to lighten the mood. When cycles fail he makes sure to call you that night, which is exceptionally amazing! The only thing is that he has too many patients. He’s super busy all the time.
Be your own advocate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Victoria )
She was really good but she already left the clinic. She had only been there a year. They have major turnover at this clinic and if you’ve gone through IVF and a miscarriage with a nurse you don’t want to go through it with a different nurse. Especially one that just started...
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Definitely like a cattle call with a ton of people in the waiting room. Didn’t like it at all.
We spent about $10k for 4 IUI’s And $25k for IVF with PGS testing And $3K for a D&C with twins
We transferred two
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
Two of the IUI’s transfers were missed due to ovulating over the weekend. Because they don’t monitor iui patients over the weekend. That cost us about $5k this happened twice. When doing IVF they didn’t tell us that we needed to send in written consent on how many embryos we wanted sent to the lab. On day 5 we had one embryo and they tried to send it for PGS testing for $5k. Then told us it was our fault bc we didn’t send in a written statement on how many embryos we wanted sent or not sent to PGS testing. Would’ve been glad to send that letter if they had gone over that process with us. Thank god day 7 we got 3 more embryos and ended up with 4 to send for PGS testing.
Fort Worth

The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] is very clean and organized. The wait is not long at all. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. Everyone treats you like you are the only patient there, and that is such an important quality to me. ... Ashley was very easy to get ahold of and would get back to you within a couple of hours instead of having to wait days for an answer. She was very sweet and polite and just so encouraging. When I emailed her that we were cancelling our embryo transfer because we had received a sweet baby girl through adoption, she was so understanding. She was so happy for us. That meant a lot to me.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann makes the difficult time of infertility a little easier. I feel it truly is a joy to go see him. He always makes me laugh and is always cracking jokes. He is very personable and relatable. He wants a baby for us just as much as we do.
GO SEE HIM! Don't mess around with other doctors, you have to go see him. I would recommend him a million times over.
Dr. Kaufmann is an amazing doctor. From the first minute you meet him, you just fall in love with him. He cares about your situation and makes you feel like you are the only patient in his clinic at the time.
I transfered to Dr. Kaufmann after three failed embryo transfers with another clinic. Instead of just jumping into another transfer like my other clinic wanted to do, he wanted to run tests to find out what was wrong and why the transfers were unsuccessful. He found out that we were transferring a day too early, and he also found that I had an infection within my uterus. I didn't end up getting to do an embryo transfer with him because we got a baby girl through adoption. We put the fertility treatments on the back burner for the minute but we will be going back within the next year or two! Can't wait!!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
They were all amazing. Ashley was very easy to get ahold of and would get back to you within a couple of hours instead of having to wait days for an answer. She was very sweet and polite and just so encouraging. When I emailed her that we were cancelling our embryo transfer because we had received a sweet baby girl through adoption, she was so understanding. She was so happy for us. That meant a lot to me.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic is very clean and organized. The wait is not long at all. Everyone is so nice and welcoming. Everyone treats you like you are the only patient there, and that is such an important quality to me.
I did not go through with an embryo transfer so I am unsure how much that cost would have been. My insurance did not cover any of the fertility treatments. I know for a sonogram and a cervical biopsy it was around $300.
I never got to the point of doing an embryo transfer with him. However, I know that he would have gone over the risks and benefits of each. I believe it is based on a case by case basis.
2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Kaufmann always treated me and my husband with compassion every time we saw him. He always took the time to explain our treatment plan and answer any questions we had.... Dr. Kaufmann set my mind at ease and took time to navigate me through this tough process. His bedside manner is wonderful and he is a clinician who stays up to date on recent studies and literature. I always felt that I was in good hands!
The clinic [Fort Worth Fertility] overall seems to run smoothly. My appointments were almost always on time.... My IVF coordinator was very compassionate and rsponsive. If I left her a voicemail or email she would respond quickly. She even called after hours a few times. There were a few occasions when there was miscommunication concerning ordering medications but she quickly corrected the problem and made sure I had everything I needed.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr. Kaufmann was always upfront and clear about what to expect with each round of IVF, which my husband and I appreciated. I was very nervous about going to an RE at the beginning of our journey because there was so much I didn’t understand. Dr. Kaufmann set my mind at ease and took time to navigate me through this tough process. His bedside manner is wonderful and he is a clinician who stays up to date on recent studies and literature. I always felt that I was in good hands!
Don’t be afraid to ask questions!
Dr. Kaufmann always treated me and my husband with compassion every time we saw him. He always took the time to explain our treatment plan and answer any questions we had. We never felt rushed. What meant the most to me was how he checked in on me after our IVF attempts failed. I felt like he was walking this path with me and my husband which made a difficult journey a little easier. I couldn’t have asked for a better doctor!
Esterace Menopur 300 IU in am Follistim 300 IU in pm Ganirelix HCG trigger First round produced 13 eggs, 12 fertilized, 6 embryos at day 5. All 6 had PGD testing. 1 tested normal. The one normal was transferred. Neg beta. Second round produced 12 eggs, 11(?) fertilized, 4 embryos at day 5. All 4 PGD tested. 1 tested normal and was transferred. Neg beta. Third round produced 12 (?)eggs, 11 fertilized, 2 embryos at day 6. Both PGD tested. Both abnormal. No transfer.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
The clinic overall seems to run smoothly. My appointments were almost always on time. The one time Dr. Kaufmann was running behind, I was called ahead of time so I wouldn’t have to wait in the office waiting room. They were also apologetic for the delay. When I first became a patient in the clinic there were some unhelpful front office staff, but it seems like there is a new crew there now. Everyone I have interacted with this past year have been great.
Around $20,000
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
There was one occasion where I was told the pharmacy would contact me to get my medications delivered. The pharmacy never called. I contacted the clinic and thy promptly corrected the problem. It seemed it was an issue with the pharmacy, not necessarily the clinic. This did not delay my care in anyway.
Fort Worth
Dr. Kauffman was great for the most part. The only discouraging experience I had was when I asked him about the timing of my IUI since is didn't appear to be consistent with my BBT. I had no idea if charting was unreliable during medicated cycles and after the HCG injection. Maybe I was sensitive at the time, but his response made me feel embarrassed for even asking. Perhaps he took my curiosity is me questioning his knowledge/expertise.
The office [Fort Worth Fertility] doesn't confirm ovulation via ultrasound. They just use the HCG injection to time IUI. Not saying that doesn't work, because mine was timed well, just know that you won't have ultrasounds on IUI day or to confirm ovulation...The IUI is timed within 36 hours of the injection. The office is not open on weekends...[The nurses were] Informative. Friendly. Patient and willing to answer my questions...They aren't open on weekends, so everything is timed based on a M-F schedule. Strengths: open early. No long waits. Staff was clear and knowledgeable about insurance and my be responsibility as a patient. Quick lab results.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Just be ready to trust the process. The office doesn't confirm ovulation via ultrasound. They just use the HCG injection to time IUI. Not saying that doesn't work, because mine was timed well, just know that you won't have ultrasounds on IUI day or to confirm ovulation.
The treatments seemed to be pretty routine. I wasn't convinced that they took into account individual differences of clients. My first IUI was timed well though, so that was a positive. I also liked how he calls after results are received.
Clomid, follicle monitoring until they reached an average of 16mm, then the nurse would advise when to take the HCG injection. The IUI is timed within 36 hours of the injection. The office is not open on weekends.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Fort Worth Fertility.
Informative. Friendly. Patient and willing to answer my questions.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Because of my insurance's network, I had to pay oop for my husband's prep for IUI. Everything else was covered.
Not sure. Didn't move forward to IVF.
Fort Worth

Dr K [Kaufmann] is upfront and honest. He has a great sense of humor. He is very straight forward and honest but also tries to keep the mood light. He called me and spoke to me both during and after business hours. He made a very difficult time in our lives a lot easier because he shared his own story with us.... we did labs and semen analysis. Then we did clomid with 2 iui’s. Then he did a myomectomy to remove a fibroid. Then we did 1 round of IVF.
Great clinic. Easy to get to. Nice and clean with great staff. They [Fort Worth Fertility] often travel to other cities to see patients which is nice for those of us who don’t live in DFW area.... All the nurses were fantastic. The returned calls and emails promptly. They followed through with whatever they said they were going to do. They always seemed to know who I was while on the phone or in the office. The often called or emailed to see how I was doing.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Dr K is upfront and honest. He has a great sense of humor. He is very straight forward and honest but also tries to keep the mood light. He called me and spoke to me both during and after business hours. He made a very difficult time in our lives a lot easier because he shared his own story with us.
Get to know Dr K and his staff. They are wonderful and will made you feel like family.
Dr K and his staff were always so nice to us. We never felt rushed. All our questions were addressed and our concerns were resolved. His staff responded to calls and emails quickly and Dr K even called us a few times in then evening after hours.
We had done 3 rounds of clomid with my obgyn. With him we did labs and semen analysis. Then we did clomid with 2 iui’s. Then he did a myomectomy to remove a fibroid. Then we did 1 round of IVF.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Fort Worth Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Ivy, Ashley, Barbara)
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Great clinic. Easy to get to. Nice and clean with great staff. They often travel to other cities to see patients which is nice for those of us who don’t live in DFW area. We have no complaints with this clinic
For all treatments over 2,5 years our share after insurance was almost 10k

2013 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Kaufmann remembered details about me even when a period of time passed between visits. He learned why I wanted to receive fertility treatment and was supportive of my goals and decisions. He provided encouragement along the way. He is the most thorough and encouraging health care provider I’ve ever had.... Dr. Kaufmann put me at ease and explained things clearly. He spent the time needed to answer my questions so that I could make good decisions about my treatment. He listens well and he made adjustments according to my symptoms and questions.
Staff [Forth Worth Fertility] are courteous and helpful. The location is convenient and the facilities are great. Everything-consults, exams, procedures, labs and storage are in the same facility. This streamlined the process for me. It would be helpful to have more comprehensive written information up front-there are a lot of details and appointments to keep track of.... I didn’t have complete information about appointments at the beginning of the cycle and it was difficult for me to adjust schedules and travel to meet the demands of the cycle.
How was your experience with Robert Kaufmann at Fort Worth Fertility?
Relax-you’re in good hands. And enjoy his sense of humor.
The clinic is busy and I wasn’t always able to see my primary nurse. There were small differences in the information and/or instructions they gave me and that was sometimes confusing.
Describe your experience with Fort Worth Fertility.
Staff are courteous and helpful. The location is convenient and the facilities are great. Everything-consults, exams, procedures, labs and storage are in the same facility. This streamlined the process for me. It would be helpful to have more comprehensive written information up front-there are a lot of details and appointments to keep track of.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Fort Worth Fertility.
I didn’t have complete information about appointments at the beginning of the cycle and it was difficult for me to adjust schedules and travel to meet the demands of the cycle. This would have been prevented with more thorough communication up front.