6.7

Providing backup medication is not offered

570 Price Avenue
Redwood City, CA 94063
650.701.1882

She [Dr. Lillian Swiersz] was very by the book and clinical...very knowledgable. explains things more then any other doctor I have worked with, which is very helpful. Maybe overly cautious of things...She can seem a little robotic, but she is nice...She listened to my history and suggested femara, because the clinic does not do clomid. I started the cycle, and she added estrogen because my lining was thin, and we did ultrasounds every few days to monitor. The follicle was growing very slow so she doubled the dosage of femara, and suggested a trigger shot when the follicle gets to 20mm, unfortunately it dropped before it got to 20mm. She also noticed some scar tissue in my uterus, and suggested having it removed if this cycle didn't result in a pregnancy, as it could prevent implementation. After confirmation via Sonohysterography, my regularOBGYN did the hysteroscopy to remove the scar tissue and polyps, so that is was covered under insurance.
[The nursing staff at Freyja Clinic were] Kind and caring...All of the employees are very kind and attentive. The doctors are knowledgable, and the office is always clean and inviting. The draw back is they are pretty much always running late. It is very convenient as they have a small pharmacy and lab upstairs...She [Dr. Lillian Swiersz] was very by the book and clinical. Where sometimes each person has slightly different needs, but she is very knowledgable. explains things more then any other doctor I have worked with, which is very helpful. Maybe overly cautious of things.
How was your experience with Lillian Swiersz at Freyja Clinic?
She was very by the book and clinical. Where sometimes each person has slightly different needs, but she is very knowledgable. explains things more then any other doctor I have worked with, which is very helpful. Maybe overly cautious of things.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lillian Swiersz at Freyja Clinic?
She can seem a little robotic, but she is nice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lillian Swiersz at Freyja Clinic?
She was personal and asked about me as a person and about my daughter. She shared details about her daughters as well.
Describe the protocols Lillian Swiersz used in your cycles at Freyja Clinic and their degree of success.
Kind and caring.
Describe your experience with Freyja Clinic.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lillian Swiersz at Freyja Clinic.
I do not have infertility insurance, but my insurance provider gave me a discount at the clinic which was very helpful!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Freyja Clinic.
The first doctor I saw did not tell me Femara was not supposed to be taken while nursing, which I specifically told her I was nursing. It wants until I saw doctor Swiersz on my second visit she instructed me to immediately stop nursing.
Redwood City

Dr. Swiersz did all of our blood work, requested we do the HSG, and while we were figuring things out to do clomid with timed sex. She was honest and real. She seemed to really care. I was always able to email her when I had questions. She always responded in a timely manner. Dr. Swiersz was very knowledgeable and helpful while we were in the early stages on secondary infertility.... We only did one round of clomid with Dr. Swiersz, since we needed to do more and our insurance was not in contract with her clinic.
[Freyja] Clinic is VERY busy. I always waited 10-15 minutes before going in. Nurses were friendly enough. I honestly always saw, spoke with, and had majority of my time with Dr. Swiersz. The clinic was not good about billing or scheduling. They just were so busy. The clinic is not only an OBGYN and Fertility clinic, it has pediatrics and Accupuncture as well.... I had requested my original finding and all medical records be sent to other fertility clinics, which they did not do when I requested. I had to request a few times. Just was not done in a timely manner. Once again, to reiterate this clinic is very busy with more than just fertility treatments
How was your experience with Lillian Swiersz at Freyja Clinic?
To make sure you ask about insurance and payments.
Dr. Swiersz was so patient and kind during our time with her. She listened to everything we had to say and answered all questions. She was beyond wonderful. Only reason we left was our insurance would not be covered under Freyja clinic.
Describe your experience with Freyja Clinic.
Only costs were appointments. Medication and tests were done elsewhere.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Freyja Clinic.
I had requested my original finding and all medical records be sent to other fertility clinics, which they did not do when I requested. I had to request a few times. Just was not done in a timely manner. Once again, to reiterate this clinic is very busy with more than just fertility treatments.

2014 - 2015, Successful
I just felt like out of everyone I saw, he cared most about my actual well-being and cared how all this treatment was affecting me. He's has more alternative leanings than most fertility doctors (e.g., supports supplements, diet changes, minimal procedures, natural birth) and that's not everyone's cup of tea.
...Even more frustrating to deal with than the ones at UCSF. Unbelievable. Never answer the phone, don't always call back, patients don't get assigned to anyone in particular, hard to know if anyone's looking at your emails, no one person on top of your case, etc etc. So much time spent being on hold getting nowhere!
How was your experience with Jan Rydfors at Freyja Clinic?
I answered this question earlier.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jan Rydfors at Freyja Clinic?
He's has more alternative leanings than most fertility doctors (e.g., supports supplements, diet changes, minimal procedures, natural birth) and that's not everyone's cup of tea. But if you are open to it and are desparate to get pregnanat, I'd suggest going to see him for a consult if nothing else. It helps to get another opinion and you never know what you may learn. In my case, his suggestions on diet changes to help manage my PCOS has made so much difference.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jan Rydfors at Freyja Clinic?
Dr Rydfors is really personable. Part of it is because he's Swedish and has a foreign air that is very charming. But mostly, I just felt like out of everyone I saw, he cared most about my actual well-being and cared how all this treatment was affecting me. On my first (and only) appointment, he went above and beyond, offering to perform an ultrasound free of charge when I was very insistent that I did not need yet another ultrasound. He said he felt it was important for a comprehensive and meaningful first visit and while I acquiesed, he discovered that I was already pregnant :) That's my kind of doctor!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Freyja Clinic.
It's hard to believe, but Dr Rydfors care team is even more frustrating to deal with than the ones at UCSF. Unbelievable. Never answer the phone, don't always call back, patients don't get assigned to anyone in particular, hard to know if anyone's looking at your emails, no one person on top of your case, etc etc. So much time spent being on hold getting nowhere!
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Freyja Clinic.
Just inefficient, slow, and maybe lazy? Is it really critical that they not answer the phones during lunch hour? I felt like I saw enough admin/nursing bodies in the office that they can probably manage to cover lunch. I mean, it's not like it's a discount clinic. Just my two cents! Dr Rydfors, fire your entire team except for Lilly and start over!
Jan Rydfors
2009 - 2011, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Rydfors] cares a lot, and is very up to date on current science. He thinks creatively about your problems and will recommend other providers if he thinks that's your best course of action. He treated me for about 9 months (Femara + IUI, and Injectables + IUI), diagnosed my immunological issues and endometriosis, and recommended a clinic for IVF when it was clear I'd need to move onto IVF. He saw me through 4 devastating miscarriages (during IVF) and delivered my first son (through IVF)...Femara (he prefers it to Clomid in every way) + IUI, Gonal-F + IUI. Intralipids for treating immunological issues.
The office [Freyja Clinic] is super chaotic, and his [Dr. Rydfors] appointments are almost never on time...Appointments were usually 60-120 minutes later than scheduled. I frequently spent more than 20-30 minutes waiting in my room once I was moved to a room...The nursing staff is fine, but the office is very disorganized. The individuals are very nice, but managing Dr. Rydfors' chaotic schedule has to be incredibly challenging, and appointments were always a problem. Eventually I learned to always call first to see what time I should actually show up (but then often couldn't get through to a person in the office).
How was your experience with Jan Rydfors at Freyja Clinic?
He runs behind in his appointments, but that's because he spends all the time you need when he's with you. (He was running more than 3 hours late for our first appointment, and it's a credit to him that my husband still agreed we should work with him!) He cares a lot, and is very up to date on current science. He thinks creatively about your problems and will recommend other providers if he thinks that's your best course of action. He treated me for about 9 months (Femara + IUI, and Injectables + IUI), diagnosed my immunological issues and endometriosis, and recommended a clinic for IVF when it was clear I'd need to move onto IVF. He saw me through 4 devastating miscarriages (during IVF) and delivered my first son (through IVF).
Schedule the first appointment in the morning so you're less likely to have to wait. And if you get pregnant, book all your appointments up front.
Dr. Rydfors has the best bedside manner of any doctor I've ever worked with. He saw me through four devastating miscarriages, and delivered my first son. He cares immensely.
Describe the protocols Jan Rydfors used in your cycles at Freyja Clinic and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Freyja Clinic.
Dr. Rydfors is amazing, but the rest of his team is more mixed. The office is super chaotic, and his appointments are almost never on time. That said, he's worth it.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jan Rydfors at Freyja Clinic.
Insurance covered diagnostics and treatment with Dr. Rydfors.
Describe Jan Rydfors's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Freyja Clinic.
n/a - I didn't do IVF with Dr. Rydfors.
Jan Rydfors
Redwood City

I felt she [Dr. Swiersz] listened to me and spent a nice amount of time with me in our one appointment together. She has a good bedside manner and has been in practice for many many years. I felt like she helped talk me through the pros and cons of a few things and also seemed to genuinely understand the difficult situation I was in...
I liked the one doctor I saw but the [Freyja Clinic] billing department was terrible. I only had one appointment so I do not have lengthy feedback. I remember having to email back and forth and call about some bills which was unfortunate but my doctors empathy in the appointment was felt and appreciated...I only went in for a consult and an egg count.
How was your experience with Lillian Swiersz at Freyja Clinic?
I felt she listened to me and spent a nice amount of time with me in our one appointment together. She has a good bedside manner and has been in practice for many many years. I felt like she helped talk me through the pros and cons of a few things and also seemed to genuinely understand the difficult situation I was in.
Come ready to ask questions and just shared your thoughts and emotions because she will have some good responses.
I thought Lillian was great but the billing people I remember being terrible to work with!
I only went in for a consult and an egg count.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Freyja Clinic.
I mostly remember the billing department was terrible. I can't remember that much of the nursing staff. I think when I came in for my first and only appointment, they were ok.
Describe your experience with Freyja Clinic.
I liked the one doctor I saw but the billing department was terrible. I only had one appointment so I do not have lengthy feedback. I remember having to email back and forth and call about some bills which was unfortunate but my doctors empathy in the appointment was felt and appreciated.
I do not remember