Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
3913 W. Prospect Ave.
Appleton, WI 54914
920-380-1161
W129 N7055 Northfield Drive
Menomonee Falls, WI 53051
262-253-5400
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin to a friend?
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Some of the nurses I have spoken to on the phone [at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin] have been absolutely wonderful! Some of the nurses seemed to be lacking in compassion when it comes to such a sensitive treatment plan. Some of the nurses will really take the time to listen to my questions and answer bit others can be cold an abrupt. It seems to be hit or miss, however, I feel like more often I have gotten compassionate nurses on the phone.
Anovulation, PCOS, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
It is a very busy clinic so sometimes it's hard to feel like your experience is personal. I know at times I have gone to make an appointment and literally only one time slot is available, and then the clinic runs late anyways. It can be very frustrating at times because they are not super flexible. However, some of the staff does try to be accommodating and helpful.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Kate Schoyer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
Everytime I go to the office they are very busy and usually running behind. I typically will get in about 5-15 minutes later than my scheduled appointment. When I do finally see the doctor it is so brief that I hardly have time to think of the questions I have prepared and asked them.
Some of the nurses I have spoken to on the phone have been absolutely wonderful! Some of the nurses seemed to be lacking in compassion when it comes to such a sensitive treatment plan. Some of the nurses will really take the time to listen to my questions and answer bit others can be cold an abrupt. It seems to be hit or miss, however, I feel like more often I have gotten compassionate nurses on the phone.
How was your experience with Kate Schoyer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
I feel like when I do see the doctor it seems so rushed that she's hardly taken the time to get to know myself or my husband as people. I know her job is mainly to get us pregnant but I feel that she could be a little more personal as this is a very personal and difficult journey. She is always polite and nice to us just lacking on the understanding of getting to know us. I wish our appointments weren't always so abrupt.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Kate Schoyer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
Be firm on what you want. Don't be afraid to ask her to elaborate or explain something again. I know she can talk kind of quickly and sometimes seems like she's rushing but don't be afraid to ask her to be in the moment with you. This is an incredibly personal journey and you need to feel confident in the doctor you are working with.
Describe the protocols Kate Schoyer used in your cycles at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin and their degree of success.
We first did one cycle of Femara with time intercourse, ultrasound monitoring, and a trigger shot. I had on mature follicle. This did not result in a pregnancy. Second, we did an IUI with Femara, ultrasound monitoring, and a trigger shot. The NP did the IUI, not Dr Schoyer. I had one mature follicle. She also did a follow-up progesterone level 1 week after the IUI. This IUI did not result in a pregnancy. Third, we did a second IUI with Femara (we upped my dose from 2.5mg to 5mg), ultrasound monitoring, and a trigger shot. I had two mature follicles. I am currently 1 week into my two week wait to see if IUI #2 was a success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Kate Schoyer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
Our insurance is a 25,000 lifetime max and our coverage is usually pretty good. Lab work was very minimal if we had to pay anything at all. My HSG was pretty pricey, I don't remember the exact cost but I think it was in the $350-550 range. We pay $135 per ultrasound, the ultrasound with the HCG trigger shot is about $175. Our total for IUI #1 with 1 ultrasound was about $385. We did two ultrasounds for IUI #2 so I'm estimating the cost to be closer to $450-500.
Describe Kate Schoyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
We have not talked much about IUI but from what little we have discusses it sounds like Dr Schoyer is typically in favor of single embryo transfer.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
They [Froedert & Medical College of WI] offered Attain packages as well as their own package pricing of 12,000 which includes monitoring ultrasound and blood work, egg retrieval, anesthesia, ICSI, embryo transfer fees and freezing of embryos (doesn’t include medication). If cancelled before retrieval you get refunded 8,700 and if cancelled before transfer you get a 1,550 refund or credit. Their freeze all IvF package is 10,450 + 3,000 for the frozen transfer (again includes monitoring for both). Refund of 7,150 prior to egg retrieval and 2,150 if cancelled prior to embryo transfer. Different charges if you had your monitoring elsewhere. Like we did since we lived over an hour away. We received a financial booklet that laid out all the costs. We also paid extra for some genetic screening which was $349 without insurance
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
This clinic does an excellent job of getting patients seen and coordinating care. We have been the patient that needs to get squeezed into an appointment and we have waited for those that have needed the same. I appreciate the fact that they work as a well oiled team and take the time to ensure each individual patient is taken care of
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jayme Bosler at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
She took the time to explain everything to us even if that meant lengthening our appt time. She was direct when she needed to be but had amazing bedside manner and we always felt like she had our best interest at heart
The nursing staff was amazing. They were the ones that were calling me to adjust meds, explaining things thoroughly, and providing compassion throughout the process. Loved them all!
How was your experience with Jayme Bosler at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
Dr. Bosler took the time that we needed to always answer all questions. She was direct like when we no longer could do a fresh transfer and had to switch to a freeze all. She explained the reasoning and took the time to make sure that we felt good about that decision. She always came into our appointments positively and was able to given us very reasonable expectations which I appreciated.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jayme Bosler at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
Ask questions! They have heard them all and are always more than willing to take the time to answer them.
Describe the protocols Jayme Bosler used in your cycles at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin and their degree of success.
My treatment protocol was the long Lupron protocol which included a birth control down regulation. I was stimulated with Menopur and Gonal F and triggered with HCG. I ended up with 30+ follicles and 14 mature eggs from that. Because of my response they did a great job of monitoring me close and adjusting meds as needed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jayme Bosler at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
They offered Attain packages as well as their own package pricing of 12,000 which includes monitoring ultrasound and blood work, egg retrieval, anesthesia, ICSI, embryo transfer fees and freezing of embryos (doesn’t include medication). If cancelled before retrieval you get refunded 8,700 and if cancelled before transfer you get a 1,550 refund or credit. Their freeze all IvF package is 10,450 + 3,000 for the frozen transfer (again includes monitoring for both). Refund of 7,150 prior to egg retrieval and 2,150 if cancelled prior to embryo transfer. Different charges if you had your monitoring elsewhere. Like we did since we lived over an hour away. We received a financial booklet that laid out all the costs. We also paid extra for some genetic screening which was $349 without insurance
Describe Jayme Bosler's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
We have not completed a embryo transfer yet. From our discussion with Dr Bosler there are guidelines they follow to determine single vs multiple and it is really a case by case decision
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths- [Froedtert & Medical College of WI] research based, time management (didn’t feel rushed ever) compassion, the package pricing, my husband said their male room is better then our previous clinic haha Weakness-not clinics fault but financial burden of IVF... nurse line goes to voicemail a lot (but they always return the call in the same business day)... Andrea, Bridgett, and Heather were angels. They remembered our journey and previous conversations.
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
Strengths-research based, time management (didn’t feel rushed ever) compassion, the package pricing, my husband said their male room is better then our previous clinic haha Weakness-not clinics fault but financial burden of IVF (we have like 0 insurance coverage), nurse line goes to voicemail a lot (but they always return the call in the same business day)
She took the time to explain every step of the way, was there for us, and we felt she did everything she could to help us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin. (Assigned nurse: Heather Bridgett and Andrea )
Andrea, Bridgett, and Heather were angels. They remembered our journey and previous conversations. They made us feel safe and secure during this stressful process. I could tell they wanted the best outcome for us.
She did not make us feel rushed, listened to our concerns, and did a day 3 transfer related to our history of embryos arresting. We appreciated her attention to detail as well. She is a very intelligent women. Although she is not as soft as Dr Bosler, we felt well taken care of on various levels.
To bring a notebook as this process is so overwhelming, let the small things go (as infertility is a roller coaster of emotions), and trust the process because Dr Shoyer has a lot of wisdom and experience.
She used birth control for a few weeks, Menopur 75 and Follistim 125 adding Ganirelex closer to retrieval. They grew my eggs slow and steady since last round I stimmed too quickly. Dr Shoyer monitored me closly throughout the cycle and was very observant.
2 retrievals and unlimited FET 21k didn’t include meds
She definitely wanted us to go the single route based off research. But because of our history and the fact it was a day 3 (less info on which would survive to day 5) she was open to let us make that decision. We did decide to do 2 because of those reasons.
Menomonee Falls
The nursing staff at the clinic [Froedert Fertility] was really on top of things. I worked with a variety of nurses over the course of my treatment, and they always had quick access to all the information they needed. They were always able to respond to my questions quickly and explained things clearly. They were also very compassionate and professional regarding failed cycles.
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
This clinic is a well-oiled machine. I was very worried going into fertility treatments about the amount of information, the financial aspect of it, insurance coverage, privacy, etc. But the clinic had everything covered. From the front desk staff to the schedulers to the financial coordinator to the nurses -- they are in sync. They are professional yet compassionate, and I felt very supported by the entire team.
Dr. Bosler always took as much time as necessary to listen and answer questions. At this particular clinic, IUIs and ultrasounds are handled by the available doctors, so I didn't always see Dr. Bosler, but it was very clear that they consulted about me before I saw other doctors in the practice for procedures and they discussed my case. My care was very consistent and personalized.
The nursing staff at the clinic was really on top of things. I worked with a variety of nurses over the course of my treatment, and they always had quick access to all the information they needed. They were always able to respond to my questions quickly and explained things clearly. They were also very compassionate and professional regarding failed cycles.
Dr. Bosler was wonderful to work with. She not only understood my goals and took the time to learn my health history, but she also took into account my personal circumstances (such as finances and insurance coverage) and helped me factor that into my decision making. She clearly laid out my chances and risks with each course of treatment, and when I didn't conceive within the first few tries, she consulted with other doctors both within and outside the practice to help determine what further testing might be wise and which approach might be best for next steps. When I didn't see her at my last appointment (due to an unexpected emergency), she sent me a very kind congratulatory note. In short, she was wonderful to work with, and made me feel in control and well advised.
Don't be afraid to ask questions - the doctor is willing to spend time to help you understand your best options.
I did six cycles of IUIs with donor sperm. My test results showed no expected fertility problems and were very good for my age, but my long and slightly irregular cycles prompted Dr. Bosler to suggest using Clomid to increase the chances of ovulation. Cycles 1 and 2 involved 50 mg clomid days 3-7, monitoring ultrasounds to track follicle growth, a trigger shot administered when lead follicle was at least 18 mm, with IUI the next day (days 17 and 18). Both cycles resulted in negative HPT. Cycles 3 and 4 still used 50 mg clomid on days 3-7, but ovulation was tracked using ovulation predictor kits at home (at my request). These cycles had later IUIs (days 20 and 21). Both resulted in negative HPT. At this point, I had another consult with Dr. Bosler, who, after speaking with another doctor in the practice, Dr. Strawn, ordered some additional tests to look at cortisone and testosterone levels. Due to some slightly high results, I was referred to an endocrinologist outside the practice, eventually getting a PCOS diagnosis. After that diagnosis, Dr. Bosler met with me again to discuss options, looking at both my test results and what was financially feasible for me. We decided to continue with IUIs. Cycles 5 and 6 were on 5 mg Letrozole, which produced more follicles for me than clomid. There were monitoring ultrasounds for both rounds and a trigger shot with the IUI the next day. Cycle 5 was a negative HPT, but cycle 6 was a success, with a positive HPT followed by doubling beta tests.
The clinic provided a complete overview of all costs, from testing to procedures, with prices for insured and uninsured patients. My testing costs were covered by insurance, so I do not know the totals for those. My IUIs were $800 each, not including monitoring or the trigger shot, which were covered by insurance.
2009 - 2012
I don’t recall having anything negative to say about my experience with the clinic [Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin]. I felt that their communication, availability and compassion were all excellent. I was very grateful to have that team so close to my home...I remember them [nurses] being very efficient and helpful...Dr. Strawn was very professional and matter-of-fact in discussing our situation (secondary infertility of unknown cause) at the outset.
2009 - 2012
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
I don’t recall having anything negative to say about my experience with the clinic. I felt that their communication, availability and compassion were all excellent. I was very grateful to have that team so close to my home.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Estil Strawn at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
Dr. Strawn was very professional and matter-of-fact in discussing our situation (secondary infertility of unknown cause) at the outset. When my third IUI resulted in a long-awaited pregnancy - and then a heartbreaking miscarriage before 8 weeks - he was incredibly compassionate. He consoled me for the loss, but said very frankly that I should not lose hope because we had finally discovered the right combination of things to get me pregnant (Femara & IUI) and he felt very good about being able to achieve a viable pregnancy. I conceived with the next IUI + Femara and it resulted in my little girl!
I remember them being very efficient and helpful.
How was your experience with Estil Strawn at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
At times I felt a bit rushed at the routine appointments, but I still felt the quality of care was exceptional and I knew I could count on Dr. Strawn and the staff to answer my questions and be available when needed. I’ve recommended Dr. Strawn to several others and their results have also been positive.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Estil Strawn at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
If you don’t understand something, don’t be afraid to ask for more information or a more basic explanation.
Describe the protocols Estil Strawn used in your cycles at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin and their degree of success.
After my regular OB-GYN had conducted the basic tests and couldn’t find a reason for us not conceiving a second child, i went to Dr. Strawn & Dr. Paul Robb to step things up. They repeated a few of the tests, checked other things and ultimately diagnosed secondary infertility of unknown cause. They felt we were good candidates for IUI, and given my age (36), decided to use Clomid. We started with a myomecromy to remove a uterine polyp and when I was healed, began Clomid. I had two cycles of IUI on Clomid that did not result in pregnancy. I had really bad headaches on Clomid and wasn’t fond of how I felt on it, but persevered. The third cycle on Clomid, I ended up developing a rare and disturbing visual side effect midway through and called Dr. Strawn’s office. They immediately had me stop taking Clomid and we opted not to move ahead with IUI that cycle so as to avoid wasting an IUI without the full course of Clomid. As I was then unable to continue on Clomid, we had to look at another option. He suggested Femara, a medication used to treat estrogen-related breast cancer, because it had a strong unintended fertility side effect but a much better side effect profile than Clomid. I took Femara for my third IUI - I felt great on it and it resulted in a pregnancy! Unfortunately I miscarried before 8 weeks, but Dr. Strawn felt very good that we could achieve a successful pregnancy with that combination, so once the miscarriage was done and I had two normal cycles, we started Femara again and the fourth IUI was a success. My daughter is now almost 7 years old!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Estil Strawn at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
Our insurance covered up to six IUI procedures and covered both the Clomid and Femara. I don’t recall what the out of pocket costs were.
Describe Estil Strawn's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
The nursing staff [at Froedtert & Medical College of WI-Menomonee Falls] is wonderful and typically can answer questions without having to run to the doctor, but they are slow to answer the phones or return ... Doctor Bosler did all my testing and found a hydrosalpinx. My right tube wasn’t completely blocked so we moved forward with an IUI with letrozole 5mg days 3-7, & 2 ultrasounds to check ovulation. We triggered ovulation at the second ultrasound.calls.
Endometriosis, Other, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
The receptionist team: One is very friendly (African American Lady), & the other (white) is a bit mean and harsh at times. The wait times are quick and the clinic is clean and beautiful. They offer coffee in the lobby and a secure clinic where you don’t feel like you’re heard or seen in any part of it.
Dr Bosler is professional but down to earth. She talks to me like I’m a real person and doesn’t get frustrated or annoyed when I need more explintion or have questions. She’s quick, but professional.
The nursing staff is wonderful and typically can answer questions without having to run to the doctor, but they are slow to answer the phones or return calls.
Out of all the doctors I saw at this clinic, doctor Bosler was my favorite. She felt like a friendship, rather than always talking at me. She could predict questions I may have & helped me to feel like I was heard and understood.
If bedside care and a relationship with your doctor is important to you - see doctor Bosler. You won’t regret it!
Doctor Bosler did all my testing and found a hydrosalpinx. My right tube wasn’t completely blocked so we moved forward with an IUI with letrozole 5mg days 3-7, & 2 ultrasounds to check ovulation. We triggered ovulation at the second ultrasound. We just found out the IUI did not work. We are starting our second IUI.
An IUI costs around $1,200-1,500. We have insurance and haven’t seen the bills to know what we will pay out of pocket.
2011 - 2016
Look into the multi cycle packages [at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin]...The nursing staff was great. They were very helpful and always available...The clinic was moved a few years ago from the main hospital to a seperate building. The upgrades were great. The new location is easier to get to and was alot of more comfortable. The exam rooms were separated from the procedure rooms which was great...The nurses and doctors knew me every time I walked in. The nurses were always available and helpful when I had questions. Everyone was honest with us as well. Any question we asked got an upfront answer and no tip toeing around it.
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
The nursing staff was great. They were very helpful and always available.
There was a reason we were with Dr. Strawn for many years and many cycles, he was great. We liked his straight forward answers to our questions. He didn't treat us as a number, he remembered us every time we were in and when we did become pregnant he was just as excited as we were.
Look into the multi cycle packages
I don't remember details but I do remember being monitored closely and the doctors making decisions based on the ultrasound and blood work. I even had a cycle stopped once because of polyps and the doctor felt I had a better chance with IVF with them removed.
It was many years ago so I am sure they have changed or I could be wrong....1 fresh cycle was $18,000 + the cost of medication. 2 fresh and 2 frozen cycles were $30000 + the cost of medication + the cost of anesthesia.
I think they wouldn't do more then 2 embryos but we never even though of doing more then 2. We did 1 and 2.
IUI, 2 IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
The clinic[Froedtert] is full of nurses and a great support staff. The downside of that is you rarely see or talk to the same nursing staff and each time you contact the clinic you have to explain your situation and/or they have to read your chart. I wish I had one nurse to contact, even if I had to wait to hear back from them. There is a nurse line you'll wait forever on to get through and return calls and emails can take up to two days.
IUI, 2 IVF
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
The clinic is only a couple years old so it is beautiful and very spacious. They use leading technology for all their equipment. The procedure rooms connect directly to the embryology lab and the recovery rooms are comfortable. They have ample ultrasound and consult rooms. The staff keep the office very clean.
I felt like Dr. Shawn tried to fit me into a generic protocol instead of making a protocol to fit me and my history.
The clinic is full of nurses and a great support staff. The downside of that is you rarely see or talk to the same nursing staff and each time you contact the clinic you have to explain your situation and/or they have to read your chart. I wish I had one nurse to contact, even if I had to wait to hear back from them. There is a nurse line you'll wait forever on to get through and return calls and emails can take up to two days.
What specific things went wrong at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
Dr. Strawn is an intelligent physician and is very attentive to answer any question you may have. His bedside manner is warm and he is never rushed.
Advocate for yourself. Ask as many questions as you can come up with.
Our first IVF we used the antagonist protocol which we were happy with. Our second IVF we tried the Long Lupron protocol and it yielded four times the embryos.
IVF with ICSI is $12,000. The clinic partners with Attain IVF that offers discounted IUI and IVF multi-packages. We purchased a 2 IVF cycle package with a 50% refund for $23,650, plus medications.
Appleton
[Nursing Staff] Did not make me feel like I could ring and ask questions. Was inpatient and dismissive. Abrupt and curt manner.... [Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin] Attached to a medical school but does not use latest techniques or recommend any potential suppliments. Two remaining REs seem knowledgeable and helpful. So clinic may have changed a bit since medical director left... $12K IVF plus medicines
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
Had a warm and straight manner. Did not follow up on failed cycle
What specific things went wrong at Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin?
Was realistic about chances and fast to diagnose and correct fertility problems. Skilled surgeon. Approach was not as customized as it could have been and PGS testing was not as well explained as it could have been. Main problem was lack of follow up because he changed clinics at the end of my failed FET
Make sure you are an advocate for yourself and ask questions. He is open to listening.
Antoginist protocol with Gonal-f 300 and Menopur 150. Second time around less Gonal-f at 200IU, not sure why but got more eggs.
$12K IVF plus medicines
Dr. preferred 2 embryo transfer when I was more interested in a eSET and two attempts
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Other
I have gotten to know Dr Strawn very well over the last 4.5 years and when we returned to him for IVF for a third child after our twins were older, he remembered me without a problem. He joked around with me when it was appropriate to lighten my anxiety and he was serious and sincere when t was appropriate. I am anxious and very informed and opinionated and he always responded to me appropriately in a way that helped "reign me in." He was a perfect match for me and my personality and the way I like things to be done.
Anovulation, Tubal Blockage, Other
I have had 4 embryo transfers, 2 fresh and 2 frozen. Different doctors did each of my fresh and the both failed. Strawn did both my frozen and it was successful both times, for a total of three children over 5 years. He has performed 2 egg retrievals with results that were better than expected, and one surgery that went well without complication. I trust him without question and I owe my family and the lives of my beautiful, perfect children to him.
Trust him.
Estil Strawn
I saw all three doctors at the clinic [Froedtert - Medical College of Wisconsin] and each one was really good. They obviously read my chart before they saw me and knew specifics about me...At this office there is a nurse available to answer the phone during normal office hours. They followed up with me when I had to go to my primary care dr for digestive issues in the middle of treatments.
I saw all three doctors at the clinic and each one was really good. They obivously read my chart before they saw me and knew specifics about me. It was the first time I went to a male gynecologist and it wasn't bad at all. They explain everything really well and I never felt rushed.
Some dr offices you get voicemail for the nurses and have to wait for call backs. At this office there is a nurse available to answer the phone during normal office hours. They followed up with me when I had to go to my primary care dr for digestive issues in the middle of treatments.
I had previous treatments and tests through my regular gynecologist. She reviewed everything and explained the results. She also encouraged some natural methods like weight loss which I partially credit to my success to become pregnant.
Ask questions and do your own research too.
2012 - 2014
Throughout the ups and downs of my fertility treatments with Dr. Strawn and the other doctors at the Reproductive Medicine Clinic, they and the other staff members were compassionate and caring....There were times I felt like the nurses were abrupt, but I definitely felt cared for after my miscarriage....Dr. Strawn was honest with me from the start about what he saw as the pitfalls of the course of treatment I was seeking. With my second embryo transfer, after a miscarriage with my first, Dr. Strawn made sure to tell me that he knew how difficult my process had been and how important it was for me to be successful.
2012 - 2014
Dr. Strawn was honest with me from the start about what he saw as the pitfalls of the course of treatment I was seeking. With my second embryo transfer, after a miscarriage with my first, Dr. Strawn made sure to tell me that he knew how difficult my process had been and how important it was for me to be successful. I felt like he was genuinely excited for me when I reached the point of being able to be released to my OB's care.
Ask questions and at the same time trust in the process.
Given that my only reason for seeking fertility treatments is that I am a single mother by choice when it came time for me to try IVF (vs my 6 unsuccessful IUIs), my numbers all pointed to there being no reason to transfer more than one embryo.
2013 - 2014
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
[Dr. Schoyer was] realistic but optimistic. Pleasant bedside manner. Responsive to needs and questions....[The staff at Froedtert was] knowledgeable. Got to know me by face and name. Answered phone calls same day.
2013 - 2014
1 IVF, Egg Freezing
Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Knowledgeable. Got to know me by face and name. Answered phone calls same day.
Realistic but optimistic. Pleasant bedside manner. Responsive to needs and questions.
2014 - 2018
3 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
They were friendly and the office was clean [at Froedtert & Medical College of WI-Menomonee Falls]. You never waited too long unless a dr had an emergency. They were available whenever you needed them. They helped us through our miscarriage. Then to have our 3 month old baby girl... They [the nurses] were friendly and sympathetic always our cheerleaders
2014 - 2018
3 IVF, 5 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin.
They were friendly and the office was clean. You never waited too long unless a dr had an emergency. They were available whenever you needed them. They helped us through our miscarriage. Then to have our 3 month old baby girl
She was always sympathetic with what we were going through
They were friendly and sympathetic always our cheerleaders
She made us feel like we were going to get pregnant and we did. She was very kind and knew exactly what we needed. We lost a baby and she continued to make us feel like we had options. It was a long 7 year journey that she helped us through tremendously.
Trust her, she knows what she’s doing