Genetic counseling: Offered
Brighton, MI 48114
810-227-3232
1515 Lake Lansing Road, Suite F
Lansing, MI 48912
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gago Center for Fertility to a friend?

6.7

6.9

6.9
1 doctor
PCOS, Other
They [Gago Center for Fertility] are very understanding of differing family types, never making me feel uncomfortable being a SMC. You don’t see Dr Gago often, but her staff is extremely capable and knowledgeable. Everyone is very nice and willing to work with insurances too.... The office staff were very knowledgeable and kind. I am happy knowing the staff is so capable. I understand I don’t have to see the doctor for every thing so I appreciate the ease at getting my questions answered by the office staff, rather than waiting for doctor availability.
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
They are very understanding of differing family types, never making me feel uncomfortable being a SMC. You don’t see Dr Gago often, but her staff is extremely capable and knowledgeable. Everyone is very nice and willing to work with insurances too.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
They always called back as promised and answered all my questions, no matter how strange. They always seemed concerned with how I was doing and explained everything so I could understand.
They are super nice and patient. Always willing to answer questions and make sure I completely understand what is going on.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
I most often worked with the office staff. I only saw Dr Gago at my original consultation and my mom-IUI procedures (sonohysterogram and polypectomy). The office staff were very knowledgeable and kind. I am happy knowing the staff is so capable. I understand I don’t have to see the doctor for every thing so I appreciate the ease at getting my questions answered by the office staff, rather than waiting for doctor availability.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
They are there for you so don’t hesitate to ask questions.
Describe the protocols Laura April Gago used in your cycles at Gago Center for Fertility and their degree of success.
We are using donor sperm for IUI as I do not have a partner. We are doing medicated IUI because of my PCOS and irregular cycles. We even switched to hybrid medicated IUI due to the first two being unsuccessful.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility.
I am using my insurance, but they did provide the out of pocket costs without insurance and I remember thinking they were very good.
Describe Laura April Gago's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Gago Center for Fertility.
Ann Arbor

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility.

The nursing staff is one of the reasons I stayed [at Gago Center for Fertility]. You see them for a majority of your appointments. They do the ultrasounds and blood draws, they do a majority of the communication both on the patient portal and phone...IUI was $500 plus medications IVF is $13,770 plus medications, monitoring, bloodwork...Doctor tends to run behind at least 30 minutes, since losing a doctor it appears they are overbooked as communication has gone down, taking longer than 2 days to respond to emails through the portal, and have not received a return call from the financial department, water fountain feature at Brighton office is very loud
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
Strengths: Nursing staff, flexibility of scheduling appointments at multiple locations, open 6 days a week. Weakness: Doctor tends to run behind at least 30 minutes, since losing a doctor it appears they are overbooked as communication has gone down, taking longer than 2 days to respond to emails through the portal, and have not received a return call from the financial department, water fountain feature at Brighton office is very loud
I felt like a human because she took the time to discuss my treatment options with me and reviewed why my IUI's were unsuccessful. She spoke to me about my anxiety with the medications and made me feel confident I could do it.
The nursing staff is one of the reasons I stayed with Dr. Gago. You see them for a majority of your appointments. They do the ultrasounds and blood draws, they do a majority of the communication both on the patient portal and phone.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Dr Gago was very nice. She was about 45 min late to our consultation with her after we spoke with the nurse. The next appointment I came back for blood work and a hysteroscopy with an ultrasound. I was taken back promptly, but then waited at least 30 minutes for Dr. Gago before she came in to perform the procedure. She did not seem rushed when she finally came in and took time to answer my questions.
Expect to be there for at least double the amount of time of your appointment.
She recommended IVF with ICSI and PGS testing. We are moving forward with all options to better increase our chances of success. She has not reviewed medication protocols yet, but we are scheduled to begin our first egg retrieval May 22
IUI was $500 plus medications IVF is $13,770 plus medications, monitoring, bloodwork PGS testing is $1,500 for 8 samples then $175 for each additional Egg transfer is $3,200 plus medication, monitoring, bloodwork (following first transfer) ERA testing is $1,045

IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
The financial person [Gago Center for Fertility] was not very helpful but the portal allows to pay bills online. At the same time the portal is not the greatest at showing anything regarding past treatment or results (other than past & current appointments). The great thing is if you schedule blood work or ultrasound appointments first thing in the morning you are not waiting a long time to get that done.
IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
Front desk person sometimes forgets to return calls. The financial person was not very helpful but the portal allows to pay bills online. At the same time the portal is not the greatest at showing anything regarding past treatment or results (other than past & current appointments). The great thing is if you schedule blood work or ultrasound appointments first thing in the morning you are not waiting a long time to get that done.
Dr Gago was willing to listen to our concerns. We were first diagnosed with male factor infertility by another doctor and came to her as patients ready to do frozen embryo transfer with donor embryos. Dr.Gago took the time, care to make sure that my uterus was in good condition before starting the treatment to to transfer the embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gago Center for Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Samantha Rivord)
The nurse coordinator was amazing at responding (via e-mail or voicemail) to my questions or concerns. She helped me figure out the medication protocol and the scheduling of the second cycle (she was not working at the clinic for my first cycle and did not have anyone to explain to me the medication protocol). The care staff was great as well - I didn't have to wait a long time to see them, like I would have to wait for Dr. Gago (which makes sense, she was always catching up on her patients).
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Dr Gago is a lovely lady, she is willing to listen and address any concerns that I may have. She allowed me to order medication from overseas which reduced some of the cost of my medications that I had to pay out of pocket.
Dr Gago has 3 clinics that she works out of, therefore she is a busy doctor. Call early because it takes 3-4 weeks to see her because she gets booked fast. Once you are a patient, things tend to move pretty quickly. The nurses are really good and stay on top of most treatment plans. It's best that you stay on top of the medication protocols, double check things because sometimes things fall out of their radar and not everything gets communicated clearly. You are your best advocate!
I had adopted embryos that were transferred so for me I used a typical protocol: estradiol tablets, baby aspirin & progesterone in oil (first transfer), vaginal progesterone (second transfer). Dr Gago had me to vaginal probiotics for the second transfer as well. First and second transfers were pretty much identical otherwise (first transfer resulted in 1 live birth while the second transfer resulted in miscarriage).
For the frozen embryo transfer we paid $4,000 the first cycle. Everything outside of the actual transfer it depended on our insurance coverage (which wasn't much). For the second frozen embryo transfer we got a discounted fee as a returning patient $3,200.
The doctor allowed us to decide if we wanted to transfer 1 or 2 embryos. Given that I am under 35 years old and I did not have any issues with my health she was ok with us transferring 2 embryos since that is what we wanted.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Gago Center for Fertility] is very comfortable, staff is all very friendly. The only complaint I would have is that we have to wait quite a long time, we are understanding though as fertility is a pretty complex issue and appts probably take longer.... The only cost we have come across so far is for teaching of injections for IUI.... Nursing staff are all very polite and made my husband feel comfortable.... Dr. Gago is a quite warm and informative .
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
The clinic is very comfortable, staff is all very friendly. The only complaint I would have is that we have to wait quite a long time, we are understanding though as fertility is a pretty complex issue and appts probably take longer.
She knows what goals my husband and I have. I have a lot of questions and she never hesitates to answer them. The only complaint I have is that I fainted during a tubal saline injection and she helped me immediately after but didn't come back to check on me before we left, just felt like she was too busy for me, which she may have been, I just felt rushed to get out the door.
Nursing staff are all very polite and made my husband feel comfortable.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Dr. Gago is a quite warm and informative . She is very knowledgeable about my condition and the best course of action for us. I typically ask a lot of questions and she doesn't hesitate to answer them all completely.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is very willing to answer.
Dr. Gago was aware that one of the my tubes was blocked and fused to my uterus, so her first plan of action was to do a saline injection to see if fluids could make its way through my tubes. We discussed that IVF might be our only option but we wanted to try IUI first as we can't afford IVF at this time. I did a 3 month course of Lupron with my OBGYN and Dr. Gago believes that this is the best time to proceed with the IUI/IVF.
The only cost we have come across so far is for teaching of injections for IUI. The injections themselves cost about $400 but that is to the pharmacy.
no comments

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
The great strength of this clinic [Gago IVF] is Dr. Gago and the atmosphere of warmth, caring, and trust she fosters. Her staff are for the most part excellent as well. The clinic does at times seem to have communication issues, and they are often running behind...The ability to do monitoring in multiple locations is really convenient...Overall the nursing staff is excellent. Sometimes things seem a little disorganized or delayed, and some nurses have a more distant bedside manner than others.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
The great strength of this clinic is Dr. Gago and the atmosphere of warmth, caring, and trust she fosters. Her staff are for the most part excellent as well. The clinic does at times seem to have communication issues, and they are often running behind and sometimes our visits can feel rushed. Make sure to plan for more time than you think you'll need for your visits. The ability to do monitoring in multiple locations is really convenient.
Dr. Gago has a warm bedside manner, and most of her staff have excellent bedside manner as well. Dr. Gago personally performs all of my major procedures (D&C, ERA biopsy, egg retrieval, transfer). She takes the time to talk with us and patiently answer all our questions even when she is clearly busy or running behind. She personally called us with our PGS results.
Overall the nursing staff is excellent. Sometimes things seem a little disorganized or delayed, and some nurses have a more distant bedside manner than others. But for the most part, we have been very pleased with our interactions with the nursing staff. Many of them take a personal interest and truly seem to care.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Dr. Gago is very warm and caring, and takes the time to patiently answer our many questions. She performs all major procedures (except our IUIs). She personally called us with our PGS results and I anticipate she will call with our beta results after my upcoming transfer. My only bad experience was during a recent hysteroscopy when we waited in the waiting room for a long time, and then the doctor and five other staff rushed in and hurriedly went about the procedure. It felt very frantic and was stressful. Every other time, Dr. Gago has been very calm.
Take the time to get to know the nurses. You will primarily be communicating with them.
Retrieval: 2 days Cetrotide followed by approx 1 week Gonal F 150iu, LDHCG 20iu, and Femara 2.5mg. Restart Cetrotide 2-3 days before trigger shot. Ovidrel trigger. Bromocriptine and Prometrium after retrieval. Results: 18 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized, 11 embryos frozen and biopsied; 4 PGS normal embryos. -Transfer #1 (ongoing): Lupron 20iu daily. Estrace 1 tab vaginal for 2 days, increase to 1 oral/1 vaginal for 3 days, increase to 2 oral/1 vaginal for rest of cycle. Progesterone in oil 2cc beginning 6 days before transfer (earlier due to ERA results) and through end of cycle. Transfer is scheduled for next week.
IUIs were around $500 each; we paid about $350 after insurance covered the semen sample prep. Not including medications. We paid ~$23,000 for a multi-cycle IVF package with ICSI - includes two egg retrievals and unlimited transfers until viable pregnancy achieved. We paid an additional ~$2,000 to a lab for PGS. These costs do not include medications or monitoring, which fortunately were covered by our insurance with co-pays.
Dr. Gago strongly recommended PGS so we could confidently transfer one embryo at a time. She said her policy is never to transfer more than two embryos.
Ann Arbor

It’s always ganirelix and follistim with retrievals and lupron for frozen transfer.I don’t know if there’s any strategy there [Gago Center for Fertility]...Monitoring is very good and nurses at Lansing office are an asset...Nice ambiance, You’ll definitely get a call back if you have questions. Prepare to wait when consulting or you are in for procedure. Me and my husband waited for 3 hrs for a 10 min conversation with doctor.
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
Nurses manage everything and quiet often there’s huge miscommunication. Dr. Gago is always busy even to talk after a negative results
They lack communication among themselves. Staff kept changing and they don’t know my history with the clinic. One of the nurses did a terrible ultrasound.They mailed some other patients reports to my address. We were so concerned as it’s a breach of privacy and were worried since then.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
She has great understanding towards the procedures. But twice she did transfer with thin lining and they failed. Her explanation is that for some patients it worked even with thin lining. We always feel that we lost precious embryos due to this but we had no other go except to believe her. We felt that we spent way too much time waiting for her during consultations than have a meeting that respects my husband’s work time. My husband is the only bread earner and taking a leave will cost us more.
Unless you plan for multiple IVF cycles and have that kind of money to spend and have plenty of time to spend in their waiting room don’t go there
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Gago Center for Fertility.
Monitoring is very good and nurses at Lansing office are an asset when it comes to personal touch
~11500 for IVF ICSI ~3250 for FET Doesn’t include monitoring or medications
Lansing

In general, the Brighton [Gago Center for Fertility is] spacious and clean. I loved that they used actual sheets and plush robes, not hospital style paper sheets and thin open back robes. There is a strangely loud and intense water fountain/waterfall in the waiting room that I distinctly remember... The Ann Arbor clinic is much smaller but very conveniently located and gets the job done.
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
In general, the Brighton spacious and clean. I loved that they used actual sheets and plush robes, not hospital style paper sheets and thin open back robes. There is a strangely loud and intense water fountain/waterfall in the waiting room that I distinctly remember... The Ann Arbor clinic is much smaller but very conveniently located and gets the job done.
Whenever we were finally in a room with Dr. Gago we always felt like her most important patient. But always leading up to that, we were dealing with nurses or ultrasound technicians (who are pleasant but not very caring), then waiting for excruciatingly long times in our patient room for Dr. Gago to come in and explain things to us. This was our experience. The amount of waiting involved with visits, phone calls and call backs, and the lack of face time with Dr Gago remains a bitter memory for me.
I don’t have any good memories of them, and didn’t really enjoy interacting with them. Only on the day of my surgery did the nurses really seem attentive, and yet I still don’t feel like we connected.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Dr. Gago is very put together and she genuinely shares the same goal as her patients. She will make you feel like you have someone you can rely on to help you have a healthy baby. She is good at explaining complicated matters. She has excellent bedside manner. She is confident and you will feel safe in the operating room with her. And in general she has set up her clinic to feel comfortable yet clean.
Be patient and prepared. You will not get much time with Dr. Gago.
Our fertility issue is recurrent pregnancy loss and not a lack of ovulation, but she recommended a very low dose of Femera (2.5mg) for 5 days from cycle day 3 to 7. She explained that this could help control egg maturation and therefore quality. Then, with monitoring I was told when to self-administer Ovidrel and had timed-intercourse. This resulted in a pregnancy but did not result in a live birth. Our baby had a random chromosomal abnormality (like the previous two). At our six week scan the baby was measuring 5 days smaller and his heartrate was 114. Since we knew exactly when he was conceived, the size variance was very concerning. Ten days later we went back in to confirm, either way, and his size was only a few days older and his heart was no longer beating. His genetic test results came back Trisomy 16, XY.
We had University of Michigan GradCare/Premier Care BCBSM insurance and it covered practically 100% of our treatments.

Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
With Dr. Gago [at Gago Center for Fertility- Brighton] our insurance helped cover IUI we were about $250 out of pocket costs for each try. For the surgery I had a co pay of $100. All very reasonable, until IVF then our insurance wouldn’t cover it. They would be $21,000 for one cycle or $24,000 to try two cycles (or just one if the first was successful) .... Strengths: professional, knowledgeable, compassionate, good online patient portal, wonderful nursing staff, even the waiting room is nice Weakness: cost with IVF, to be a little better about communicating official diangonisis in person (versus on paper)
Male Factor, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
I felt like we were treated as a human, because the nurses were always so sweet. Everyone was professional.
Super professional and compassionate. They were amazing. I always felt supported.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Dr. Gago was compassionate and talked with us about our situation. We had multiple consults with her. Sometimes we would have to adjust treatment. We tried IUI two times and were not successful so we were more aggressive with the third IUI trial. I also had surgery to remove scar tissue twice. The first time I really didn’t know why I had it and would’ve wished she talked to me about it. The second time I knew more and when she updated her technique and it was much smoother! Also during my hesterosocpy I was nervous and she was compassionate and we took a break during it and she got me a cold compress. Overall I was pleased to be Dr. Gago’s patient.
Have questions to ask beforehand so that you are ready for the appointment. For any prospective fertility patient in general just know that it’s a journey and a process. Ask if you need a break it’s no big deal if you need to take time away from treatment and let them know when you are ready again.
I started yoga, prenatal vitamins, co q 10, folic acid, vitamin c, vitamin d, and added mor fruit and veggies into my diet. Dr. Gago said it was good to be holistic and include modern medicine together. I had a hesteroscopy and it discovered scar tissue so I had surgery to remove it. I had two IUI cycles with Ovidril. The second one I had to take progesterone after, because my level was low. The third IUI cycle was a hybrid cycle so I had different medications/shots and ovidril. It was unsuccessful. I had another hysersocopy and it discovered more scar tissue so I had it removed. She said with our numbers it would make more sense to do IVF versus more IUIs but we were still welcome to keep trying if we wanted. Then we were going to start IVF, but it was so far out of our budget that we decided to have a consult with another clinic.
With Dr. Gago our insurance helped cover IUI we were about $250 out of pocket costs for each try. For the surgery I had a co pay of $100. All very reasonable, until IVF then our insurance wouldn’t cover it. They would be $21,000 for one cycle or $24,000 to try two cycles (or just one if the first was successful) .

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Staff [at Gago Center-Brighton] was never available to contact by phone only by voicemail or email, most return calls would take hours, billing was always disorganized, my assigned IVF nurse never followed through with care or concerns, I did have 3 staff members; Erin, Brittany and Jenny, that were consistently following through and addressing my needs that had been dropped by others, caring and making up my experience at this office.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
Clinic is disorganized, not readily available to patients, office setting is very comfortable, multiple locations increase your appointment options, early morning appointments are available, ultrasounds, bloodwork and procedures are able to be completed in house.
Dr. Gago always treated me kindly but there is very little interaction with her and there are always parts about my medical journey she seems to forget, including my husband who has been with me at every appointment I’ve seen her except one.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gago Center for Fertility. (Assigned nurse: Joey)
Staff was never available to contact by phone only by voicemail or email, most return calls would take hours, billing was always disorganized, my assigned IVF nurse never followed through with care or concerns, I did have 3 staff members; Erin, Brittany and Jenny, that were consistently following through and addressing my needs that had been dropped by others, caring and making up my experience at this office.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Dr. Gago is great at conveying intention, care, knowledge, recommended treatment. She sees a lot of patients and most times runs behind or isn’t available to communicate with. At times procedures seem rushed but when you get her she will listen and respond to as many questions as you need.
She’s a very caring doctor and fights for your pontential baby! She is conservative of life.
Due to my surgeons recommendation IVF was my only recommended option due to lack of time for fibroids growth and my age. Set up egg retrieval, 5 day frozen with genetic testing, transfer, ERA biopsy after first failed transfer and adjusted meds for second FET which has failed, plans to move forward and recommendations will be discussed next week.
Our out of pocket medical exspense were somewhere around 28,000.00
Due to my surgical history single embryo transfer was my only recommended option
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
I worked with quite a few nurses [Gago Center for Fertility]. A couple of them were WONDERFUL. Compassionate, great communicators, and so helpful. A couple were not as helpful with information and coordinating communication with Dr. Gago.... Strengths: Early morning monitoring, two different sites, phone call times were pretty predictable in the afternoon after monitoring to go over results. Beautiful, calming facility. Weaknesses: Some disorganization with financing and scheduling, a couple of wrong appointment times, and we waited quite a bit for monitoring.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Other
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
At our first appointment, Dr. Gago spent a lot of time with us which we appreciated. After our first appointment, the rest of our care seemed rushed.
I worked with quite a few nurses. A couple of them were WONDERFUL. Compassionate, great communicators, and so helpful. A couple were not as helpful with information and coordinating communication with Dr. Gago. One nurse provided us with extra meds which was so appreciated.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Strengths: Dr. Gago was very compassionate, straightforward, and thorough at our first appointment when we were deciding to proceed with IVF or not. I appreciated her candidness. She also seemed very warm. However, in future appointments, she seemed very rushed, and less able to spend time answering all of our questions. She did a great job figuring out what was wrong with me, and explaining what she recommended for our next steps after two failed/cancelled cycles.
You will not see Dr. Gago very much, so make sure you advocate for yourself and be persistent if you want/need to talk to her. I found if I did this, she did get back with me.
Two IVF Cycles: 1. Ganirelix, but I ovulated and cycle was canceled. 2. Birth control to regulate my cycle, then stim meds. I only had one good follicle so the cycle was cancelled. 3. Dr. Gago removed polyps from my uterus after
Approximately, $15,000 for an IVF cycle with PGS testing.
Dr. Gago and I both agreed on transferring one embryo because of a connective tissue disease I have.

Endometriosis, Tubal Blockage
Coming into the office [Gago Center for Fertility], the nursers are the ones who complete the consult. They go through pricing, what to expect during your cycles, and do almost all the communication for the doctor. They were not the friendliest people and if you asked questions it felt like you were annoying them. The nursing staff is the one who performed my ultrasounds and IUI. Upon arrival for my IUI, they performed an ultrasound and realized that my follicle was already showing signs of ovulation. They told me this, followed by telling me that it is ok to go through with the treatment plan. None of the nurses could instruct me about the trigger shot because they claimed that I already had ovulated. Upon receiving my negative result, I called the office to let them know and the nurse stated "ok" and hung up.
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
The clinic itself is beautiful. Has a spa like autmosphere. The tranquaility of the clinic makes you feel very comfortable and at ease. How the clinic is ran though is really discouraging. I do not feel like the clinic as a whole, takes everyone individual case into accommodation. I had expressed to everyone involved, that I believed that I was ovulating on or around day 9. But they all claimed that because most women do not, that they would follow through with the normal schedule.
Dr. Gagos office expected payment before being called into the back. After being in the back everything was rushed and no one took their time to explain every situation.
Coming into the office, the nursers are the ones who complete the consult. They go through pricing, what to expect during your cycles, and do almost all the communication for the doctor. They were not the friendliest people and if you asked questions it felt like you were annoying them. The nursing staff is the one who performed my ultrasounds and IUI. Upon arrival for my IUI, they performed an ultrasound and realized that my follicle was already showing signs of ovulation. They told me this, followed by telling me that it is ok to go through with the treatment plan. None of the nurses could instruct me about the trigger shot because they claimed that I already had ovulated. Upon receiving my negative result, I called the office to let them know and the nurse stated "ok" and hung up.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
I was assigned to a different provider in Dr. Gagos office because my case wasn't "enough" to be seen by Dr. Gago. After going through my diagnostic testing, the other provider realized that I had underlying fertility issues that she could no longer treat. I was set up with a diagnostic surgery with Dr. Gago without even meeting her. At the appointment date for my surgery, Dr. Gago was pleasant. But she explained the risks of my procedure quickly and moved on as if I was almost bothering her. After my surgery with her, she told me that I would need to have an actual surgery to remove cysts and endometriosis from my ovaries before I could continue fertility treatments. She explained that her schedule was way to busy that I would have to wait almost 6 to 7 months in order for her to do the surgery. So she sent me to an OB. This office never contacted me after surgery to see how things went. She never told me when to follow up with her. After getting the ok from the OB to continue fertility treatments, I called the office to make a follow up appointment. (It had been months since I was last seen in their office.) They told me that I did not need to have a follow up appointment that we could automatically start clomid on my next cycle.
You have to be your own spokes person. She will not give direct instructions for follow ups. Please ask questions!
When first starting at her office I was supposed to have diagnostic work done and then move quickly into a Clomid cycle. The diagnostic work caught underlying fertility issues that needed to be addressed before moving on to try to conceive.
I do not remember exact prices for treatment through Dr. Gago. But I do know they had hidden fees that were involved.
Ann Arbor

Very organized [AT Gago IVF - AA], but they do seem to have more patients than one Dr. can handle. If you go in at the end of the day, you'll be waiting 2 hours or more for your appt. time...Most of the nursing staff was awesome. Very knowledgable and kind...For the cycle with ICSI it was around 13,500. We had additional testing done with tacked on an additional 5,000. On top of medications that were near 5,000...
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
Very organized, but they do seem to have more patients than one Dr. can handle. If you go in at the end of the day, you'll be waiting 2 hours or more for your appt. time.
I saw Dr. Gago THREE times throughout our treatment. Two of those were surgery settings. One was to talk about the plan. She seemed to not remember much about our specific case most times due to this. Her nurses knew us by name and knew about us. Many people glowed about how wonderful she is and how caring and hands on of a Dr. she is. That was not what we experienced.
Most of the nursing staff was awesome. Very knowledgable and kind.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
The clinic seems to be in a current state of having way too many patients than what they can handle. Dr. Gago needs to add another Dr if she wants to continue. We hardly saw her, had no idea about what was going on through the course of treatment, and only spoke with nurses. We went from 8 embryos on day 3 to 1 on day 5 (they gave one extra day and we had 3 total.) and were given no reasoning as to why. We then had them tested and were not told why we were only given results of two embryos. 5 minutes before the transfer we were told we only had one embryo left. Hardly enough time to decide if we wanted to continue at that point. The after care after the failed cycle has been the WORST. I was called by Dr. Gago 5 days after we found out the pregnancy test was negative. I asked her about further testing to find out what went wrong and was told "we don't want to point fingers." No further testing has been done and none was ordered. I have tried to reach the clinic to get a receipt for insurance purposes and have not heard back 11 days later. (Despite 1 phone call and 2 emails.) Overall, I'm very disappointed in not only how our cycle went, but the level of care we were given. It was the opposite of what many people who had so highly recommended her had experienced. Save yourself the extra money she charges and go to another clinic.
Save your money and find another clinic that doesn't charge the ridiculously high prices she does.
We were never told what our treatment cycle would be. Just given the list of medications to order. No rationale was given either.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Sometimes I struggled with the staff [at Gago Fertility] but overall felt it was worth it to be treated by dr. Gago. She gives her full attention and efforts to each patient while she is with them. I would send anyone I know to her for treatment... She treated me with auto immune protocol since I have rheumatoid arthritis and I believe this was one of the key reasons our transfer worked with her and not with our previous doctor. He didn't do anything differently than his other patients. With Dr. Gago she treated me and my specific needs
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Other
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
Sometimes I struggled with the staff but overall felt it was worth it to be treated by dr. Gago. She gives her full attention and efforts to each patient while she is with them. I would send anyone I know to her for treatment
Dr Gago is absolutely amazing. She is thorough, efficient while being incredibly caring. You truly get the sense that she is invested in you and your journey to becoming a parent. I would recommend her to anyone looking for fertility treatment.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
I went to another clinic before and wish I would have went to Dr. Gago first. I believe her attention to detail and treating my specific needs are what resulted in the birth of my son. She is the most compassionate and knowledgeable doctor I have ever worked with.
Don't go anywhere else! I had to drive an hour and a half each way to see her and I would do it over and over again. I believe we are done building our family but if we ever decided to pursue treatment again I would drive as far as neccessary.
Approximately 4500 for FET and 2500 for PGS testing

Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
the office [Gago Ctr for Fertility] and physician very friendly. The office has two locations which is convenient for monitoring appointments. Long wait time to see physician and sometimes the nursing staff....Sometimes very difficult to get an appointment most of the time required you to make appointment months in advance to see physician....The nursing and all clinical staff were great. Very compassionate. Always called back in a timely manner and answered questions.
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
the office and physician very friendly. The office has two locations which is convenient for monitoring appointments. Long wait time to see physician and sometimes the nursing staff. As a new patient I would bring your questions and do your homework on what you want to gain and accomplish during the appointments. Sometimes very difficult to get an appointment most of the time required you to make appointment months in advance to see physician.
Dr gago and her staff always take the time to answer my questions and are quite friendly
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
She is open to answering and listening to any questions. She maintans eye contact and engaged during visit. I think sometimes the only downfall is remembering what your treatment has been up to a certain point.
Ask questions and keep a journal of everything discussed. Be your own advocate.
Very quick. I went to their Lansing location. I was in and out after blood work and ultrasound within about 15-20 mins.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
They [nurses at Gago Center for Fertility] were pretty organized and thorough and would respond when messaged out of office...The waiting room is very tranquil and puts you at ease. The aura of the facility was peaceful. There was complementary coffees, waters, and teas. Overall a good experience. The experience was one we won't forget. The staff was really thorough and honest with such a personal matter.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Other
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
Dr. Gago spent time with us on most visits, and was very professional and personal. During the last visit, when we were given the news of the cancellation of the cycle, I felt a little rushed out of the office.
They were pretty organized and thorough and would respond when messaged out of office.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
Every visit we were given thorough information. we always left knowing what the plan was, and the office was always accessible with out of office communication. We were overall pleased with the care and plan, but disappointed with the results. Dr. Gago was pretty busy the day the cycle was cancelled, and we felt a bit rushed through with questions after we were given news of the cancellation.
Make sure you have all questions answered before leaving.
The treatment was the standard medication protocol, and it was cancelled before the retrieval.
The total was about 18,000 dollars.
We trusted her and treatment plan.

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Warm, friendly atmosphere [at Gago Center for Fertility]. Full service. Dr. Gago has everything you need as far as lab, surgery, testing, diagnostics... [The nursing staff] are the front line. They always tell me is next and when they will call me. They always call me when they say. They are in communication with Dr. Gago every step of the way.
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
Warm, friendly atmosphere. Full service. Dr. Gago has everything you need as far as lab, surgery, testing, diagnostics.
They keep me up to date on results. They do care and can only do so much. It is not easy because emotions are so high and it would be easy to blame them. They are always patient and kind.
They are the front line. They always tell me is next and when they will call me. They always call me when they say. They are in communication with Dr. Gago every step of the way.
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
She is highly knowledgeable and forthright. When it was important she made time to see me.
Patience.
I am in the very early stages. I have had a spontaneous pregnancy that ended at 6 weeks so it set my treatment back. I received one month of ovidral just to see what happen. It was not the month I got pregnant. I will have hystosonogram this week before final recommendation but she says IVF is the way for now
So far I have been covered and pay my copays. IVF is not covered but they have financing and someone to speak with about those options when you get to that point

Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Strengths [for Gago Center for Fertility-Ann Arbor]: great communication, timelessness, and multiple locations. Early morning and weekend hours Very clean and nice rooms at clinics. Weakness: Most things have to be done in the Brighton office and not the Ann Arbor.... They [the nursing staff] were great! Very caring and compassionate!... [He] will treat you well he will personalize your treatment plan and work with you every step of the way!
Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
Strengths: great communication, timelessness, and multiple locations. Early morning and weekend hours Very clean and nice rooms at clinics. Weakness: Most things have to be done in the Brighton office and not the Ann Arbor.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jonathan Ayers at Gago Center for Fertility?
Dr. Ayers always gives me a warm welcome. He always explains things in terms I can understand and he is always wanting to make sure I am ok with treatment or if I want to do or try anything different!
They were great! Very caring and compassionate!
How was your experience with Jonathan Ayers at Gago Center for Fertility?
My experiences as a patient of Dr. Ayers had been nothing but excellent. I never have to wait ungodly amounts of time to see him and once I do see him he takes his time communicates very well and always takes my feelings, thoughts, and wants into consideration.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jonathan Ayers at Gago Center for Fertility?
I’d highly recommend going to see Dr. Ayers because he has practiced for many years and will treat you well he will personalize your treatment plan and work with you every step of the way!
Describe the protocols Jonathan Ayers used in your cycles at Gago Center for Fertility and their degree of success.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jonathan Ayers at Gago Center for Fertility.
I only paid out of pocket for my medication co pays
Jonathan Ayers
Ann Arbor

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Jonathan Ayers at Gago Center for Fertility.

They [Gago Center for Fertility] need in house financing and lower prices. ... They work with only one egg bank. I tried to get outside financing and was denied. So I dont have the funds to continue with this clinic. ... Was quoted I think around 21000 for an ivf cycle with donor eggs ... They are warm and friendly. Discuss options in detail. Answer questions. Give hugs when I needed it. ... [nurses] Friendly, talkative. Gentle
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
They need in house financing and lower prices. More donor egg choices ro compete with CNY. They work with only one egg bank. I tried to get outside financing and was denied. So I dont have the funds to continue with this clinic.
Friendly, talkative. Gentle
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
They are very nice at Gago Center. She is very knowledgeable and I was treated very well. The only reason I would go elsewhere is the cost. I plan to try CNY . Because we have spent so much already and they are much more affordable.
Bring a book. They are busy. Waiting room times can run behind.
She removed polyps in my uterus so an embryo would have a higher chance of implanting. For a different procedure called a mock transfer, I was able to watch it on screen. That was very cool.
Was quoted I think around 21000 for an ivf cycle with donor eggs
She recommended me to only transfer one embryo because I have what called a unicornate uterus. Small on one side. Probably would not support two successfully. I appreciated the cautious approach.
Ann Arbor
Staff [Gago Center for Fertility] was very friendly and personable.... Very organized, they return calls promptly and answer any questions, thre nurses are compassionate and personable. I really can't think of any weaknesses. I would recommend them to anyone in the area.... 5,000 for blood work, medications, iui, semen analysis and wash... She [Dr. Gago] understood our finical situation and was very helpful when we were determining the best treatment and what we could afford.
Describe your experience with Gago Center for Fertility.
Staff was very friendly and personable. Dr Gago was very warm and even have me a hug at one visit
How was your experience with Laura April Gago at Gago Center for Fertility?
She was very compassionate and honest. She understood our finical situation and was very helpful when we were determining the best treatment and what we could afford. I had some significant discomfort after my iui. They made sure nothing was wrong and Dr Gago even gave me hug wussing me good luck
Don't be afraid to ask questions
We have make factor infertility. I completed tests she wanted done to make sure there was nothing wrong, other than our sperm count. We opted to try iui. I was placed on Femara and ovidrel to induce ovulation.
5,000 for blood work, medications, iui, semen analysis and wash