Acupuncture is not offered

100 N Academy Ave
Danville, PA 17822
1155 E Mountain Blvd
Wilkes Barre, PA 18702

Whenever I have seen Dr. Gell, I have been extremely satisfied. On one visit, I had a fill in tech and I left unsatisfied with how I was treated and the lack of explanation but I do not feel as though this goes against Dr. Gell or her clinic....Dr. Gell and her staff have been extremely responsive and have explained all procedures. They have answered my questions thoroughly.... Dr. Gell administered an HSG and ordered extensive bloodwork before beginning treatment.
If considering making an appointment, I would call [Geisinger Medical Ctr] as soon as you have an inclination because the wait to be seen is sometimes long. She has come highly recommended and is one of a kind for the area, so the wait to get in with her took a few months.... [Nurse] Grace has always responded to questions and concerns appropriately, both over the phone and through email.... On one visit, I had a fill in tech and I left unsatisfied with how I was treated
How was your experience with Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Whenever I have seen Dr. Gell, I have been extremely satisfied. On one visit, I had a fill in tech and I left unsatisfied with how I was treated and the lack of explanation but I do not feel as though this goes against Dr. Gell or her clinic. Her and her nurse have always been responsive to my questions and listened to my concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Ask questions whenever you are unsure. You are your best advocate and she has done a great job explaining anything I was unsure of.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Describe the protocols Jennifer Gell used in your cycles at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Gell administered an HSG and ordered extensive bloodwork before beginning treatment. My body has not responded to Clomid as expected, so we are beginning to plan our next steps.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center. (Assigned nurse: Grace)
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
If considering making an appointment, I would call as soon as you have an inclination because the wait to be seen is sometimes long. She has come highly recommended and is one of a kind for the area, so the wait to get in with her took a few months.
What specific things went wrong at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
The experience I had does not go against Dr. Gell or her clinic. It was experienced with a fill in. Dr. Gell and her staff followed up appropriately.

2015 - 2019, Unknown Success
She [Dr. Gell] came in and started testing to see my levels. ... Doctor gell has fantastic bedside manners. She talks about all the options and how things works. ... She also talk about the process of treat ment plans. She ruled out one thing to another. Then she has me go in for surgery to find out I have a tube blocked. Once that was fixed she started me on birth control to regulate my period. Then once that was done we started on clomid.
Everyone [at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center]is super nice and helpful the place is clean. A little compact when you enter the door for the waiting area but other then that its good.i had no problems with the doctor or nurses. The clincher was clean and well maintain ... The nurses were super nice and helpful to the time I arrive to the time I left. Plus getting back to me if I had any questions
Doctor gell has fantastic bedside manners. She talks about all the options and how things works. She takes you step by step and walk you through everything. She straight to the point with out sound mean or harsh. She doesn't sugarcoat anything. She works with you.
Go in with an open mind
Doctor Gell. Is fantastic and straight to the point without being harsh or mean
She came in and started testing to see my levels. She also talk about the process of treat ment plans. She ruled out one thing to another. Then she has me go in for surgery to find out I have a tube blocked. Once that was fixed she started me on birth control to regulate my period. Then once that was done we started on clomid.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Nothing to really report. Everyone is super nice and helpful the place is clean. A little compact when you enter the door for the waiting area but other then that its good.i had no problems with the doctor or nurses. The clincher was clean and well maintain
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jennifer Gell at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
The shot was 100 dollars And the clomid was around 60 for all three around
Wilkes Barre

She [Dr. Gell] explained everything she planned on doing. She explained every test and procedure and possible medication that I may have to do. She was just incredible. I never once felt overwhelmed with any of the information she was giving me.... She broke down every test she was doing bloodwork for. I had 2 hsg done and she explained the purpose of it and each step along the way. I just had a polyp removed and she came in and checked led to make sure I was ok and even afterwards had such compassion. I've never had a procedure done where I needed to go under general anesthesia and she walked me thru the whole process.
They [Geisinger Med Ctr] are very respectful and efficient with returning calls. As of now I see no weaknesses with the clinic. Everyone was just wonderful.the atmosphere is very calm and quiet and I felt comfortable there.... [nursing staff] were very very nice and having the issues I have they were very compassionate.... She [Dr. Gell] explained everything she planned on doing. She explained every test and procedure and possible medication that I may have to do. She was just incredible.
Just stay optimistic. She takes every one of your concerns and questions into consideration. She is very easy to talk to.
She explained everything she planned on doing. She explained every test and procedure and possible medication that I may have to do. She was just incredible. I never once felt overwhelmed with any of the information she was giving me.
She performed 2 hsg and one that she described as a d&c. I had 2 miscarriages and she was the only one that looked further into it.
They were very very nice and having the issues I have they were very compassionate.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
They are very respectful and efficient with returning calls. As of now I see no weaknesses with the clinic. Everyone was just wonderful.the atmosphere is very calm and quiet and I felt comfortable there.
2013 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr. Gell is a good doctor. I ovulated on a weekend, and she game in on the weekend to do the IUI. She was pleasant and kind. Dr. Gell was always very patient and understanding. She made the IUI process easy to understand. I wish more was done to be sure I was ovulating and that my uterine lining could handle implantation...used clomid with a trigger shot for IUI. On day 13 you went to the office for an ultrasound to see how many mature follicles you had to determine when you should take the shot. That was the day you scheduled the shot. I didn’t like that the nurse did the ultrasound and then you had to wait to hear from to office on a time for the IUI time.
[Gesinger Medical Center Fertility Center] is one of the few clinics in the Scranton/WB areas. There is no storage facility for donor sperm or donor eggs. The staff is nice for the most part. The clinic is clean. The office is easy to get to...Grace [nurse] was nice. She seemed annoyed or irritated at times with questions... wish more was done to be sure I was ovulating and that my uterine lining could handle implantation...I didn’t like that the nurse did the ultrasound and then you had to wait to hear from to office on a time for the IUI time. Nurse
Prepare a list of questions prior to going in. She will take the time to answer them.
Dr. Hell was kind and optimistic. Almost too optimistic.
Dr. Gell used clomid with a trigger shot for IUI. On day 13 you went to the office for an ultrasound to see how many mature follicles you had to determine when you should take the shot. That was the day you scheduled the shot. I didn’t like that the nurse did the ultrasound and then you had to wait to hear from to office on a time for the IUI time.
Grace was nice. She seemed annoyed or irritated at times with questions.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
This is one of the few clinics in the Scranton/WB areas. There is no storage facility for donor sperm or donor eggs. The staff is nice for the most part. The clinic is clean. The office is easy to get to.
Most was covered by insurance with the exception of donor sperm.
Describe Jennifer Gell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Wilkes Barre

I spoke with her [Dr Weil at Geisinger Fertility Center] at my initial appointment and she seemed detail oriented. I followed through with the nurse from then on out. In 6 months I saw her 2x....She seemed eager to push IVF even tho insurance covered iui she didn't mention it. She said chances are still slim using iui. I have previous children so was not jumping into an out of pocket expense when my insurance covered the iui. It was worth a try until I learned of their package deals you must buy. Also with Geisinger you are forced to pay an up front package deal, even if insurance covers. I think it was 1,300 per iui, not counting medication.
How was your experience with Stacie Weil at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stacie Weil at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
Ask all questions at inital appointment because from then on you will see the nurse most likely.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stacie Weil at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
I spoke with her at my initial appointment and she seemed detail oriented. I followed through with the nurse from then on out. In 6 months I saw her 2x.
Describe the protocols Stacie Weil used in your cycles at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center and their degree of success.
Clomid was used, asked about femera but was told they use clomid. I was also doing a trigger shot. She would have me trigger when follicles were too small. I never got to go back and check size before th trigger.
Very knowledgeable.
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Easy scheduling, always got in quickly. Very little wait time.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stacie Weil at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Insurance paid, i am not sure
Stacie Weil

2014 - 2020, Unsuccessful
Dr.Gell did not explain treatment possibilities...Very brief consultations...We used menopur and kept increasing the dose up to 450 iu. The doctor refused to pair it with oral meds. After an unsuccessful iui. I pushed for oral meds. It resulted in more eggs than the month of injections alone, but thinned my lining. Dr. Gell proceeded with the iui and it was unsuccessful again...I felt the whole process was just a guess and check.
A strength would be location there are not many options in our area. A weakness is a doctor split between locations and a lack of overall monitoring. There is never a reasoning for the results. I felt the whole process was just a guess and check...Contacting the office by phone is nearly impossible, they never answer and a call back is hit or miss. The online portal is better for communication...Billing was incorrect.
Dr.Gell did not explain treatment possibilities full. Price quoted for iui procedure was double and meds cost 8x. We spent $10,000 on injectables for over a month and two iuis. We did both iuis with small follicles and thin lining. Egg size, lining, and estradiol were the only hormones tested.
Be an advocate for your own care. More testing or medications.
Very brief consultations
After no follicle growth to 4 cycles of clomid and femara we moved to injections. We used menopur and kept increasing the dose up to 450 iu. The doctor refused to pair it with oral meds. After an unsuccessful iui. I pushed for oral meds. It resulted in more eggs than the month of injections alone, but thinned my lining. Dr. Gell proceeded with the iui and it was unsuccessful again.
No compassionate when there was no follicle growth or concerns over cost of medication. Contacting the office by phone is nearly impossible, they never answer and a call back is hit or miss. The online portal is better for communication.
$900 for 10 vials of Menopur $750 IUI
What specific things went wrong at Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center?
I had difficulty receiving medication from the mail order pharmacy because the prescription was called in wrong. Billing was incorrect.
Wilkes Barre
I felt heard. I felt like she listened to me and cared about how I was feeling. She worked along side me and I never felt in the dark or forgotten about between appointments. ... Dr Gell took the time to talk to me, LISTEN TO ME, and was available whenever I needed her- even for the little, “silly” things. ... She had my husband get his sperm counted and she sent me for an HSG test. Both came back with good results so she upped my clomid dose.
They [Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center] are so helpful and always there to support you along the way. ... They see you through until you are far enough along to start seeing your regular ob ... They make you feel like they are invested in your journey as well. [Nursing Staff] Very kind and helpful ... She [doctor] worked along side me and I never felt in the dark or forgotten about between appointments.
I felt heard. I felt like she listened to me and cared about how I was feeling. She worked along side me and I never felt in the dark or forgotten about between appointments. She was thorough with both my husband and I and it didn’t take long for us to get the results we were hoping for!
Listen to the details & do them because she’s so knowledgeable! She gave us tips that seemed unimportant- but they worked!
Dr Gell took the time to talk to me, LISTEN TO ME, and was available whenever I needed her- even for the little, “silly” things. She was thorough and I never felt like she was doing too much or not enough
She had my husband get his sperm counted and she sent me for an HSG test. Both came back with good results so she upped my clomid dose. I took provera to induce a period and then clomid. My First cycle where she upped my clomid to 100mg worked for me!
Very kind and helpful
Describe your experience with Geisinger Medical Center Fertility Center.
Be patient and be willing to put in the work. They are so helpful and always there to support you along the way. They make you feel like they are invested in your journey as well. They see you through until you are far enough along to start seeing your regular ob