Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
2365 Deming Way
Middleton, WI 53562
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals to a friend?

Clinic [Generations & University of WI Hospitals] is clean and has a warm feel. The staff are welcoming. The lobby is a quiet environment. The nursing staff and mds were great and efficient. The finance department I felt like was a bit unorganized. They required we meet with a counselor prior to treatment. We hated that appointment and felt it very unnecessary... The nurses were great. They always responded to questions via MyChart very promptly. There was one instance where they scheduled my pregnancy test two days early
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
Clinic is clean and has a warm feel. The staff are welcoming. The lobby is a quiet environment. The nursing staff and mds were great and efficient. The finance department I felt like was a bit unorganized. They required we meet with a counselor prior to treatment. We hated that appointment and felt it very unnecessary
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Cooney at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
She was respectful to our wishes, listened to our questions and concerns and was very sweet. She remembered details of our story as a couple that made it feel personal
The nurses were great. They always responded to questions via MyChart very promptly. There was one instance where they scheduled my pregnancy test two days early and didn’t catch it until after the blood draw. They were apologetic for it
How was your experience with Laura Cooney at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
Dr cooney was thoughtful. She took our health history, especially mine into her decision to choose an appropriate medication protocol for us. She also understood that this was stressful and difficult
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Cooney at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
Come with your questions
Describe the protocols Laura Cooney used in your cycles at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals and their degree of success.
Birth control orally for one month Lupron daily in the am-10mg After a week or two we had our baseline ultrasound and started menopur(75mg) and gonal f(150mg) also lupron decreases to 5mg. After 10 days we decided to trigger with hcg -10,000 units. We retrieved 16 eggs in which they only fertilized 12, resulting in 2 embryos. We transferred the embryos on day 3, with a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
We were seen between 7-830am for monitoring appointments. They felt welcoming however it was like, “ go ahead get undressed and the staff will be in” staff came in, chatted and then did the ultrasound. If you had any questions you could ask them. They were less than 30 min appointments
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Cooney at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
15-16,000 including meds for 1 treatment cycle
Describe Laura Cooney's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
Chose to transfer both
Laura Cooney
Middleton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laura Cooney at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.

2 IUI, IVF
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
The environment [at Generations and UW-Middleton] is comfortable and the staff is very friendly. I’ve enjoyed everyone so far I’ve worked with. I also like the information packets they have available on the specific IUI and IVF treatments. I wish I would’ve asked for these upfront to help me not ask my 100 questions when I was still trying to decide the treatment route I may be comfortable with. I communicate a lot over Mychart with this clinic and it has been a life saver with trying to communicate and get my questions to the clinic while still working. Take advantage of this great tool and their service. I also enjoyed how the resources were all right there at the one location for the psychology support and the financial advisement too.
2 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
The environment is comfortable and the staff is very friendly. I’ve enjoyed everyone so far I’ve worked with. I also like the information packets they have available on the specific IUI and IVF treatments. I wish I would’ve asked for these upfront to help me not ask my 100 questions when I was still trying to decide the treatment route I may be comfortable with. I communicate a lot over Mychart with this clinic and it has been a life saver with trying to communicate and get my questions to the clinic while still working. Take advantage of this great tool and their service. I also enjoyed how the resources were all right there at the one location for the psychology support and the financial advisement too.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
We were never rushed and he always took the time to answer all of my 100+ questions. He even called me from his child’s sporting event to help explain some results to me that I was really worried about. He expresses empathy and always makes me feel like he did his homework and gives me facts and research so I feel like I am making the decision but at the same time know his expert opinion too
Nursing staff has been amazing. They reply to my questions so quickly and are great at making me feel comfortable through being available to get my questions answered timely.
How was your experience with Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
I love having Dr. Stanic-Kostic as my primary. He has demonstrated several times that he won’t leave our appointment until we are comfortable and have asked all our questions. He has brought in studies and data even to help explain and share why certain results may have fluctuated between tests. He is very careful with sharing he different sides to think about without making me feel guilted into picking a certain option. It is a perfect example of sharing data, and advising but leaving the ball in our court. He is very honest based on research which I respect. That said he is very empathic. Ive never felt like a burden with him even when I have hundreds of questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
Come prepared with your questions and get them to him ahead of time. Prepare to listen and get the answers throughout his explanation vs in numerical order. Also plan for extra time longer than your appointment since he will take time to give extensive answers to help you understand.
Describe the protocols Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic used in your cycles at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals and their degree of success.
We did two rounds of letrozole with IUI and now are going into IVF
Describe the costs associated with your care under Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
IVF package price for cycle one is just under $12,000; excluding medicine which is expected to be $3-6k. Also excludes the embryo cryopreservstion and storage which is $725 was our $58 per month; excludes a frozen sperm backup which is additional $315 plus $33 monthly. IVF round 2 with the frozen embryos is $3,690 with medicine being additional $500-1500. Plus uterine mapping charge of $470. Don’t forget the sperm frozen backup cost if needed and the monthly fees you may still have from left over embryos. IUI was partially covered under our insurance so I can’t remember the cost breakdown.
Middleton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Aleksandar Stanic-Kostic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.

The clinic [Generations UW] is modern and comfortable with ample parking. This is one of the most accessible and easy to navigate clinics I’ve ever visited as a patient. Front desk staff is friendly and the financial office is very knowledgeable.... The nursing staff appears to cross cover the practice so I’ve met or spoken to many of them. Christy, RN has been so helpful. Whenever I have a question about the next step in the process she is always available, helpful, and caring. All of the nurses have been kind and have acknowledged in some way that they are here to provide help and comfort during my care. I f
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
The clinic is modern and comfortable with ample parking. This is one of the most accessible and easy to navigate clinics I’ve ever visited as a patient. Front desk staff is friendly and the financial office is very knowledgeable.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christina Broadwell at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
Dr. Broadwell is caring and explains the process well. She balanced her assessment with an explanation of the science which was exactly what I needed. She is reassuring and put me at ease.
The nursing staff appears to cross cover the practice so I’ve met or spoken to many of them. Christy, RN has been so helpful. Whenever I have a question about the next step in the process she is always available, helpful, and caring. All of the nurses have been kind and have acknowledged in some way that they are here to provide help and comfort during my care. I feel like they are assisting me as a human as much as they are assisting my care.
How was your experience with Christina Broadwell at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
As far as I can tell, Dr. Broadwell work in a very close partnership with the NP on her team. It’s not totally clear to me whether I’m Dr. Broadwell’s patient or Vickie’s patient. As far as my other doctors are concerned, I’m Dr. Broadwell’s patient and even as far as Generations staff, it’s sometimes confusing. I think Vickie is great and I have always been able to be seen when needed so their practice style works for me. Dr. Broadwell has been very warm and caring through this process. It is incredibly stressful and she’s been able to put be at ease equally in the procedure room and consult room.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christina Broadwell at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
Whoever you schedule your assessment with will be the primary provider of your care. Dr. Broadwell takes longer to get into but that may be worth it to you to ensure she is undoubtedly managing your care as opposed to providing consults as needed.
Describe the protocols Christina Broadwell used in your cycles at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals and their degree of success.
I have completed 1 round of IUI with 5mg of letrozole and an ovadrel shot. My second round is being adjusted to 7.5 mg of letrozole since I was given an extra dose after imaging and before my ovadrel injection. I require progesterone before each cycle to stimulate my period in addition to the cycle meds. There was one ultrasound before insemination but I had the option for a second because my eggs weren’t totally ready. I declined the second ultrasound. Prior to the IUI cycle, Dr. Broadwell performed a hysterogram which resulted in a polypectomy. This was a strongly recommended course of treatment before beginning IUI which I completed.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christina Broadwell at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
Several of my visits were billed as office visits and I was only responsible for my copay. The HSG was initially going to be full price but after finding polyps it was billed as diagnostic instead of screening which allowed my insurance to cover most of the cost. For the IUI with imaging, I paid $750. I also paid an additional $125 dollars for the medications.
Middleton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Christina Broadwell at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.

PCOS, Other
The clinic [Generations & U of Wisconsin Hospitals] is very easy to get to and is very clean. The online "my chart" website is extremely helpful. Only down side is there is no bathroom directly connected to the rooms where transfers and major ultrasounds are done.... The nurses seem to be very knowledgeable and compassionate as well. Many of them exhibit the same great qualities as Dr. Broadwell. They are also very quick with responses if you reach out to them with a question.
PCOS, Other
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
The clinic is very easy to get to and is very clean. The online "my chart" website is extremely helpful. Only down side is there is no bathroom directly connected to the rooms where transfers and major ultrasounds are done. (Which is extremely helpful when they ask you to empty your bladder).
We were able to see Dr. Broadwell at every appointment. She remembered our names and faces without looking in the chart. She also remembered specifics about both myself and my husband which made us feel less like a number than we did with our previous doctor.
What specific things went wrong at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
Dr. Broadwell is very upbeat and energetic. She makes sure she is available at every appointment. She is very knowledgeable, but talks to you in a way that you can understand what she is saying. She is great at remembering faces and names and makes you feel extremely comfortable the first time you meet her.
Always follow her direction and reach out to her if you have any questions. She always has a speedy response.
For my FET. We used Lupron (started with 10ml and reduced to 5ml), estradiol patches (started with one and moved up to 4 at a time), and progesterone in oil (1cc). At this point, I have had a positive pregnancy test, just waiting to go in for the first ultrasound. My previous doctor/FET had me using estradiol pills instead of patches, I prefer the patches!
Initial Consult: $600 Uterine Mapping: $470 FET: $3,690 Medications: $700
Describe Christina Broadwell's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
With a unicornuate uterus (about half the size of a "normal" uterus) it was highly recommended and strongly encouraged that we only transfer one embryo at a time. We were allowed to make the decision for ourselves. After we were provided all the information necessary to make that decision, we agreed to transfer only one embryo.
Middleton

The nurses at Generation are awesome! I spent more time talking with them than Dr. Broadwell and they were all very compassionate. Unfortunately, they had to relay my questions back and forth with Dr. Broadwell, since I could never speak with her over the phone, and the nurses obviously couldn't answer questions regarding next steps in my treatment plan. Every nurse I met at Generations we very kind, compassionate, and great about following up with me.
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
It's a nice clinic overall, very clean, organized and designed to feel calming. I didn't like that there were often pregnant women or women with children in the waiting room with me; it felt like everyone was having success except us. The clinic was good about communicating cost and was familiar with my insurance (and what it didn't cover) but I discovered that they are a bit on the high side of IF pricing. I also felt like a number, and was just being pushed through the standard protocol. The clinic seems to focus mostly on IVF.
I felt like they had a standard set of testing they do, regardless of history or situation. I felt like they were more focused on pushing me through the standard treatment (IUI then IVF) instead of trying to figure out why we weren't having success.
She was the nicest doctor at Generations, but I didn't feel like I got personal attention from her, I always had to communicate with her via the nurses and often received conflicting information. We scheduled a one-on-one consult to discuss our failed IUI's and other possible testing we could have done but she didn't seem interested in getting us answers, only pushing us to do IVF. I felt like she ignored my husband's high DNA fragmentation test results, and didn't give us any recommendations as to how we could improve his sperm quality. We asked about alternatives to IVF, like low stimulation cycles (mini IVF), and only fertilizing 1 egg at a time but she said they don't do that. We ultimately decided to leave the clinic after I was put on a medication that ended up suppressing my ovulation and messing up my cycle, wasting us a lot of money, time and stress. I just didn't feel like I got a personalized treatment plan.
Make sure you read up on all your options, and also the risk factors of various treatments they might recommend; you won't get any information from her if you don't ask and probe.
I had 5 cycles of letrozole prior to IUI. The first 3 cycles I was it cycle days 3-7, and had 1 mature follicle. Dr. Broadwell increased the length of of the medication to cycle day 2-8, and the next 2 cycles I had 2 mature follicles. She had me trigger with ovidrel each cycle as well. Unfortunately none of those IUI's worked. Dr. Broadwell wanted us to move on to an injectable IUI cycle, with the goal of producing more follicles, but we were very uncomfortable with the idea of having more than 2 follicles, and the risk of high order multiples. Dr. Broadwell seemed less concerned about this, calling it a calculated risk. Since our main diagnosis is MFI, we finally convinced her to try back to back IUI's (2 IUI's 1 day apart in the same cycle). Unfortunately, it did not work. The 6th and last cycle we tried, Dr. Broadwell added estrace to my protocol, but didn't explain why. I finally determined that it was to thicken my uterine lining, but I was never told that my lining was thin during the previous cycles. Unfortunately, the estrace suppressed my follicle growth, and after 2 ultrasounds my cycle was cancelled, and we were told to try timed intercourse. I wasn't told whether I should stop the estrace, I had to call and ask about that. Shortly after stopping I had several days of spotting, and now my cycle has been irregular. No one told me this could be a possible risk of going on estrace, so I was very upset, as I have normally had very regular cycles.
IUI (1 ultrasound + sperm processing and IUI) $750ish per cycle (not including meds... meds were about $160 for letrozole and ovidrel from costco)
Dr. Broadwell prefers single embryo transfer (though we never did IVF)
Middleton

The clinic [Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals] has easy access and is located in a quite, separated part of town. The clinic is fairly small and I wish the waiting room could be a little bigger. The meeting rooms with doctor could be bigger as well. The Ultrasound rooms are fully equipped and spacious.... The nursing staff most of the time was very professional and skilled for the job.... The IVF Cycle was 13,500 plus cost of drugs which was between 4000-6000 and NGS genetic testing 2400.
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
The clinic is located in Middleton WI which is a prat of bigger city called Madison. The clinic has easy access and is located in a quite, separated part of town. The clinic is fairly small and I wish the waiting room could be a little bigger. The meeting rooms with doctor could be bigger as well. The Ultrasound rooms are fully equipped and spacious.
The Dr. was always very friendly and personable to us and calling us by name. We were always greeted very warmly and welcoming by all the stuff members. The doctor was always very optimistic and smiling. I am overall satisfied with care expect the fact that with our genetic situation and me being a carrier of inversion on chromosome we were giving optimistic not realistic numbers regarding our chances of success. The Dr. doesn't believe in any help from additional medication like Q10 to help increase success rare and boost quality and quantity of eggs. The clinic is great and has a big potential but with our situation maybe it is just a lot harder to conceive with IVF.
The nursing staff most of the time was very professional and skilled for the job. The only the same person I was dealing with was IVF coordinator. The clinic has only two of them.
Dr. Brodwell is very friendly, bubbly, person and easy to talk to. She is very personable and will listen and answer all your questions. I believe it is a lot easier to connect and communicate with a female regarding fertility issues.
To ask for numbers not percentages regarding success rates of ivf cycles and embryo transfers. It will create a lot better picture of the possible outcome
In our case due to my genetic inversion during IVF cycle I was on pretty high dose of hormones to produce the biggest amount of eggs possible.
Dr. Brodwell preferred eSet versus multiple but the final decision belonged to patient.
Middleton

The nurses and care coordinators [at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals] were always extremely responsive. I never felt like I was waiting too long to hear back from them, and I never felt in the dark. Even when I moved to a new state, I was able to call and talk to one of them to ask what my protocol was. They are so nice!...This is a beautiful clinic with a team who seems to really care. One thing that I think is a strength is that it is associated with UW. I feel this gives the clinic more credibility. Also, I do not feel that the clinic is just out to make money.
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Dan Lebovic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
Our first consultation with Dr. Lebovic was a full hour long. He listened to us and did not treat us any differently due to my young age. I had visited other doctors who would not take me seriously due to being in my young 20s. Dr. Lebovic truly cared about us!
The nurses and care coordinators were always extremely responsive. I never felt like I was waiting too long to hear back from them, and I never felt in the dark. Even when I moved to a new state, I was able to call and talk to one of them to ask what my protocol was. They are so nice!
How was your experience with Dan Lebovic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
Dr. Dan Lebovic was great at making us feel heard. He also did not drag anything out. We got right to the point in finding the best things that would work for us to get pregnant. In addition, he did not sugar coat things. For us, that was good, but I know many people would not like that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Dan Lebovic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals?
Go in there knowing that he is really there to help you. It is obvious that he is not there for the money. Also, he isn't there to waste time. He told us that if one treatment plan didn't work, we would do it three times and then discuss moving on. We didn't want to wait, so I'm happy we didn't have to. Though, I'm sure he would take it slower if that is what you want.
Describe the protocols Dan Lebovic used in your cycles at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals and their degree of success.
I had been diagnosed with PCOS prior to seeing Dr. Lebovic. I had done multiple rounds of Clomid with no ovulation. Dr. Lebovic induced a period. Then, I took Femara days 1-10 and deximethasone days 5-9. I had a monitored cycle with a trigger shot of Ovidrel on day 12 or 13. Then, we did timed intercourse. This worked the first time. We were very blessed. We are currently trying to conceive our second child at a different clinic (moved across the country), but they do not typically follow this protocol. I think it is a more aggressive protocol, but it worked well!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Dan Lebovic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
We had low costs due to our treatment plan and our insurance.
Dan Lebovic
Middleton

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Dan Lebovic at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.

Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
The clinic is very clean and professional and the lobby has a relaxing calming atmosphere.
We received AMAZING care at Generations. From the receptionists to the nurses and doctors, we were treated with nothing but compassion, professionalism, and attentiveness. Dr. Stanic-Kostic talks a lot, but this is a positive because he spends as much time as necessary with every patient to answer all questions and provide as much information (and reassurance) as possible.
After finding out I was pregnant, I called the nurse at Generations, who was AMAZING. She completely understood my anxiety, given my previous miscarriage, and offered me blood draws and a 7 week ultrasound to ease my mind. And when my primary doctor (at Dean Clinic) messed up and mistakenly told me my blood levels were not rising appropriately, the nurse at Generations was right there to advocate for me, talk me through my panic, and get the issue straightened out immediately. When we came in for the 7 week ultrasound, she cried tears of joy right along with us as we saw that little heartbeat on the screen, presented us with a "Congratulations" card, and hugged us both. When this baby is born, I plan to send in pictures and a thank you card.
We went to Generations after a lot of wasted time and money with another clinic. From the time we walked in the door for our first visit, we were treated with respect, and not like just another number. Dr. Stanic-Kostic spent a LONG time just talking to us, asking questions about our history, and explaining everything in great detail. He was very personable and understanding. The main reason we'd left the previous clinic was that they had refused to do ANY testing with either my husband or I, and just continued to put me on very high doses of medication. Dr. Stanic-Kostic agreed that this was not appropriate, and immediately ordered testing for both of us. For me, this included a hysteroscopy and saline sonogram to rule out any fibroids or abnormalities (that came back totally clear). My husband did a semen analysis, which showed only 1% morphology (but a very high overall count and excellent motility). However, with morphology being so low, our chances of becoming pregnant without IUI or IVF were very slim (this is why none of the treatments were successful with the previous clinic). The staff at Generations did a wonderful job of explaining the results to us and then helped us to plan a course of action, which was to include oral meds, injectable meds, and then and IUI. If that didn't work, we would move on to IVF. However, just two weeks later (while we were getting ready to order the injectable meds to start the IUI cycle) I found out I'm pregnant! I'm now 19 weeks along with a healthy baby girl! I truly believe that the hysteroscopy made the difference and that had that been done before, we would have avoided a lot of expense and heartache. I regret that we didn't come to Generations sooner.
Do not hesitate to make an appointment to see him! The only drawback is that he only works there 1 day per week (he's at UW the rest of the time). However, if he is not available, the other doctors in the clinic are, so you are always in good hands. Also, he is often running behind schedule for his appointments, but trust me this is a GOOD thing. It is because he takes as much time as necessary with every patient, and will not leave you until he is sure that you are feeling comfortable and informed. He is absolutely worth the wait.
I had a hysteroscopy and saline infused sonogram, which found no abnormalities. However I believe it was successful in flushing out debris left from my previous miscarriage, as I ended up getting pregnant shortly after the procedure. Had this NOT been successful, the plan was to do a cycle with letrozole and injectable FSH with an ovidrel trigger and IUI. This would have also included a baseline ultrasound on cycle day 3 and a follicle scan. Dr. Stanic is very cautious and will cancel a cycle if there are more than 2 mature follicles.
Due to lack of insurance coverage (the clinic is out of network) we paid 50% up to a $2000 lifetime maximum and 100% for medications. Prices were very comparable to other clinics in the region.
Middleton

you get a doctor, but every time you come in you see a provider. the actual provider I was assigned to was an NP, but I only ever saw her once. It worked for me, but if you want a tight relationship, this may not be the place. I enjoyed everyone I saw, but never felt bonded with anyone specifically...[nurses are] open and willing to communicate. The number one complaint I had was it could sometime take a few hours to get back to me when I called. Not a huge deal, but could be stressful if you were low on meds or started your cycle day.
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
they are great. open and willing to communicate. The number one complaint I had was it could sometime take a few hours to get back to me when I called. Not a huge deal, but could be stressful if you were low on meds or started your cycle day.
He is straight to the point, which I really appreciated. the clinic works in a rotation setting, so I only saw Dr. Stanic-Kostic a couple of times. But I really enjoyed my time with him when I did visit him. He would always talk through what he was doing and explain each step. He is pretty blunt, so if that's not your style you may want to try to meet with others in the office. After my hysteroscopy he was very forward with making sure I understood that this could take some time and to be ready for the long haul.
ask questions, he has a lot of knowledge and is willing to share!
I was on a 10 day cycle of 5mg of Letrozole. I would take the meds day 3-13. I would come in to be monitored around day 13 to make sure I had a mature folical, then take a Hcg trigger shot to have the egg drop.
2013 - 2014
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Unexplained
$60,000! Whew! (But that also includes the separate costs of drugs and donor sperm) Without those extra costs: 5 IUIs approx. $639 each = 3195 3 IVF cycles $10,800- $12,800 each= $36,000...The clinic [Generations Fertility] feels like a really safe space. It is quiet and contemplative, almost spa like. I never felt like it was a business (even though it obviously is.)
2013 - 2014
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
The clinic feels like a really safe space. It is quiet and contemplative, almost spa like. I never felt like it was a business (even though it obviously is.)
By the third IVF Cycle, I really felt like we were in this project together. She listened to what I had to say about how I thought my treatment was going, and she adjusted accordingly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals. (Assigned nurse: Laura)
The staff was always caring and patient with my many questions.
While Dr Broadwell was great about explaining what was going to happen, I wasn't always sure about the why, especially as we got close to egg retrieval time as we watched my estrogen levels got higher and higher. Deciding when to trigger was the only part of my treatment that seems to be a mystery to me. Otherwise, I always felt like I knew what was happening, although fertility treatments in general aren't for the faint of hear, I think we must do our own research so we know what questions to ask.
Always ask why (about everything) . She will always happily and patently explain, but won't necessarily offer it up unless you inquire.
I don't know the names for the strategies, and this question makes me question how much I really knew about my own procedures.
Middleton

From the moment we walked in to Generations we knew they were going to help get us answers. Never once did they push our concerns to the side.... The clinic is easy to work with. If you call with a question if the receptionist does not know the answer they will always get the correct person involved to get the answer. Our test results were always quick and accurate. The results were explained to us, along with all of our options.
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
The clinic is easy to work with. If you call with a question if the receptionist does not know the answer they will always get the correct person involved to get the answer. Our test results were always quick and accurate. The results were explained to us, along with all of our options. Financially the clinic was upfront with the costs. Letting us know when the payments would be due, as our insurance does not cover infertility. Even though they were upfront, they were not pushy with the financials.
She has AMAZING bedside manner. During any appointment or procedure thus far she talks to us like we are humans. She breaks the medicine down in to verbiage we can understand. I can only imagine she is going to continue to do such throughout the rest of our process.
From the moment we walked in to Generations we knew they were going to help get us answers. Never once did they push our concerns to the side. Dr. Broadwell has a great personality along with a fabulous bed side manner. She knows when it’s time to crack a joke and when it’s time to be concerned and considerate.
She is going to lay it all on the table for you.
Middleton

The clinic [Generations & U of Wisconsin] is very clean and professional. The lobby has a relaxing, calming atmosphere and very spacious. They have ample ultrasound and consult rooms. The staff keep the office very clean and organized.... Nursing staff was wonderful - always friendly and helpful. When not able to answer my questions immediately, they always called me back promptly with the answer.... IUI (1 ultrasound + sperm processing and IUI) $750ish per cycle
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
The clinic is very clean and professional. The lobby has a relaxing, calming atmosphere and very spacious. They have ample ultrasound and consult rooms. The staff keep the office very clean and organized.
Very caring and considerate of our feelings and concerns. Took the time to explain the procedures and what to expect.
Dr. Stanic-Kostic is very attentive to answer any questions you may have and explains the procedures as going along, as well as checking to make sure I am feeling comfortable. His bedside manner is warm and he is never rushed.
Great doctor only downfall is that he only works there 1 day per week. However, if he is not available, the other doctors in the clinic are great, so you are always in good hands.
Dr. Stanic-Kostic preformed my hysteroscopy to determine reason for why our fertility issues. He also did the insemination for 2 of my IUI's cycles.

2012 - 2016
Some of them [nurses at Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals] were very personable and others not so much. Some of the nurses were not interested in hearing that I ovulate early and said that isn't protocol. I had to have them get the doctor to talk to, to get my plan changed...you don't always see your doctor nor do you always see the same nurses... I tried oral and hybrid cycles. The hybrid cycles were the ones that ended up with 2 babies under Christina Broadwells care.
2012 - 2016
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
As stated previously, it is that you don't always see your doctor nor do you always see the same nurses. Also, you know your body best the nurses don't and they are not the doctors. Make sure your concerns are addressed with the doctor.
I have been to a clinic where you always see the same nurse and same doctor. Generations you basically see whomever is scheduled that day (doctor and nurse).
Some of them were very personable and others not so much. Some of the nurses were not interested in hearing that I ovulate early and said that isn't protocol. I had to have them get the doctor to talk to, to get my plan changed.
She was always willing to answer my questions fully. I had a lot of them as I was no stranger to the fertility family. I was wanting to try different approaches and she was willing to try them. The result ended up in 3 beautiful babies!
They should definitely ask questions and educate themselves. You are your best advocate. The doctors are there to facilitate, but only you know your body.
There were so many! I tried oral and hybrid cycles. The hybrid cycles were the ones that ended up with 2 babies under Christina Broadwells care.
They are high.
None

Endometriosis, Unexplained
Clinic [Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals] was almost always on time. Appointments were very methodical and pretty quick. Sometimes though the care felt impersonal and like I was just a number. They do slow down if you advocate for yourself...At times it felt like things were not fully explained, but I also did quite a few cycles so there might have been an assumption that I knew what was going on. When I did state I was feeling stressed or too much like a number my concerns were heard and attended to. If you are good at advocating for yourself then things should go well.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
Clinic was almost always on time. Appointments were very methodical and pretty quick. Sometimes though the care felt impersonal and like I was just a number. They do slow down if you advocate for yourself.
She was good at being honest with us which we really appreciated.. I sometimes felt like I didn’t have all the information I needed, but I’m a very anxious over planner so that could be my own issues. At times though I felt pushed through the system, which may be more of a clinic issue than specific to Dr Broadwell.
Make sure to advocate for yourself.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Generations was great. One improvement that could be made is availability to set up the initial consult. It took them almost a month to get us in. Everyone was very compassionate and seemed to know what they were doing, but I do wish they could have given us a better idea of chances of conception using IUI with only one tube. I don't think it was realistic that using that route was going to be successful. I also wish this clinic offered INVOcell.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Generations & University of Wisconsin Hospitals.
Very nice and understanding, but after speaking with others with one blocked tube, I'm not sure that IUI was ever going to be beneficial to me. I wish they were more realistic about the odds with me. I feel like they should have pushed more towards IVF so we didn't waste money we could have spent on that on the IUIs.
Letrozole CD 3-7, ultrasound on CD10 or 12, trigger shot on night of CD12, IUI morning of CD14.
I think each IUI came out to about $1,000 before insurance