Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication: OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
6010 Bay Parkway
Staten Island
1855 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
718-283-8601
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 14Neutral: 4Don't recommend: 48.6
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern, Native American
6 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Genesis' greatest strength is the demeanor of its staff. From the front desk to the assistant coordinators, most staff members are very pleasant, outgoing, and friendly to all. The point of contention we found with the clinic was that they had not had much experience with couples with our diagnosis of unexplained infertility. It would suit them well to hire a doctor with this expertise to best cater toward their patients needs.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David L. Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Every patient at Genesis is considered like a family member of the staff. Not only did the nurses and doctors ALWAYS remember our names, nicknames, etc., but the phlebotomist nurses always seek to find positive things to talk about with patients. This was especially helpful for me as I was deathly afraid of needles. Knowing I had a phlebotomist who was kind and trustworthy made the process that much easier.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Luchia)
Overall the nursing staff at Genesis is superb. They are warm, conscientious, and professional. Luchia (IUI nurse) and Joanne (IVF lead) stood out the most for us in our time at there. Luchia stayed late to help us figure out a last minute solution for one of our almost missed IUIs. She is sweet and has a nurturing demeanor which I appreciated greatly. Joanne was our main point of contact once we began IVF. She conducted a private course for me and my husband on a Sunday (her day off) and even stayed to answer questions we both had and walk him through mixing the injections. She is an all-star nurse! We did have one negative experience with one of the nurses, Nelli, which we did report to the doctor. In performing the IUI procedure she "shoved" the catheter inside of me without even looking. I mentioned it hadn't felt like that in the previous IUI's and she screamed at me to shut up. It's possible it is her personality, but I have also witnessed her aggressiveness with other patients. I would recommend to any potential patients to request NOT to have her on their team to avoid the unprofessional attitude.
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with David L. Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
We were under the direct care of Dr Kulak for nearly a year. In this time we we underwent several rounds each of clomid and injectable IUIs and a few rounds of IVF, all unsuccessful attempts. We had carefully chosen Genesis primary for the following reasons: they were in-network and they were less than a mile from our house. Our cousins had gone through IVF at another clinic and had mentioned the daunting treks they went through every morning and how their doctors had poor bedside manners. We hoped for the best and were pleasantly surprised when we found that not only was Dr Kulak tremendously patient and kind, he was also very supportive throughout the process. One IVF cycle had to be cancelled and he moved mountains to clear a room so we could convert it into an IUI same day. Another time he went out of his way for us was around the point of 6 failed attempts. My husband had trouble making a sample and it caused a huge fight between us since as everyone who goes through this process knows everything is timed exactly to the minute. When we hadn't shown up for our IUI due to my husband, the doctor called to mediate (yes, no joke) and help us find another solution. Dr Kulak is young, approachable, and generally very warm. After a year at this clinic we decided to leave to get a second opinion as he didn't haven't much experience with patients with unexplained infertility but we still have positive feelings toward the clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David L. Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
He comes across as spaced out because his nature is to be very calm and relaxed. Don't fret, he's a genius. And don't be afraid to ask questions- he will even send you research and statistics if you request it.
Describe the protocols David L. Kulak used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started at Genesis after 3 months of letrozole with timed intercourse and 12 months of unprotected relations. Gensis did extensive bloodwork on both me and my husband in the beginning, as well as a sonogram and a hysterosalpingogram. We went straight to 3 injectable IUI's using Follistim and Ovidrel. The first IUI cycle was stimmed for approximately 8 days using Follistim. Our dosage decreased overtime from 75, to 50, to 62.50 every other day. We triggered with Ovidrel 250 units on cycle day 12. The IUI was performed was on 8/17/17 using a fresh sample and we had 3 follicles, 19, 13, and 10.5. We then used 50mg progesterone bullet suppositories. Our second IUI was stimmed for 7 days using Follistim 75 units then triggered with Ovidrel 250 units on cycle day 12. The IUI was performed was performed on 9/13/17 using a fresh sample and we had one follicle at 17. We then used 50mg progesterone bullet suppositories. For our third IUI, the doctor tried adjusting our dosage, again using Follistim. Our dosages were 75, 87.5, and then 100. We triggered with 250 units of Ovidrel. The IUI was performed on 10/11/17 with a fresh sample and we had two follicles, one at 15.5 and one at 14. We then used 50mg progesterone bullet suppositories. The following month while prepping for IVF we leveraged Clomid (50 units) and practiced time intercourse. We got 4 follicles, 18, 13, 9.5, and 10.5. Our first round of Fresh Cycle IVF began on 11/15.The cycle started with 200 Follistim and consistent 75 units of Menopur. Our Follistim dosage increased every other day by 50 units of until we ended at 350. This cycle was cancelled due to generating only about just one follicle at 16 with several 10 or under. Needless to day, we converted to IUI. After approximately 12 days of Follistim, Menopur, and Citrotide, we triggered. Our dosage for Follistim began at 350ui, menopur 150 units. Almost every other day the doctor requested us to change our dosage. For example, 12/22 we started at 350 Follistim, on 12/24 we went down to 275, and then on 12/25 we jumped back to 300. We came in for blood work 3 times in the first week of stims and daily the week leading up to trigger. At the final scan, we generated 19 follicles, with 4 of them mature (18-21.5 size). Our retrieval produced 18 eggs and 11 fertilized. We did a 5 day freeze transfer and found out that they performed ICSI on 8 of the embryos. We put in two embryos (5AA and 5BA) and chose to froze the remaining which were 4AB, 4BA, 3BB, 3BB, and 2BB according to their grading system. Afterwards we used progesterone suppositories 200mg and took green estradiol until our blood test.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Monitoring appointments are mornings 7-8 AM and are literally a scene of herded cattle. Genesis does not have enough seating room for their patients which leads several patients to sit on the floor in the hallway until their name is called. Patients are called on a first-come basis.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David L. Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Since fertility treatments are covered (somewhat) by my insurance, we luckily did not have to pay an-arm-and-a-leg. We did however get large bills of 500-1,000 dollars at a time. Genesis has a rule in place that prevents any patient from going into the clinic (for even monitoring) unless their full balance is paid.
Describe David L. Kulak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Our doctor did not consult us prior to the day of the transfer regarding the number of embryos we would transfer. When the day came around we told them we'd like to put in 2 and he strongly advised against it due to potential complications. The clinic in general only allows 1 embryo transfer at a time as they are a proponent of singleton pregnancies, which I guess is where their greatest success comes from.
8 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Did unmedicated IUI, did medicated IUI with letrozole and trigger, and eventually did one round of IVF [at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine]...It is really hit or miss [with the nurses], and there seems to be a lot of turnover. The nurse I saw for monitoring most times was amazing, remembered me, was gentle, kind, rooting for me. Other nurses, including some who did IUI, didn't remember me at all, were rough, said rude things, or didn't communicate well.
8 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Embryo Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The satellite clinics can make monitoring easier. The main doctors are really kind and thoughtful people, who seem to really listen and take the time for you. It can be a grueling process and when you actually see the doctors, it's always a good experience. The nurses are hit or miss, and I ended up having to spend a lot of time going to the main office, which was a big commute for me. I don't feel that my IVF retrieval cycle was handled in the best way possible, but it was a new doctor subbing in, so hopefully she is no longer with the practice.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I was really impressed by the demeanor of the doctors, and that Dr. Ross read my chart before I came in and followed up personally on certain test results. Ultimately though, I still felt like I was a number and that they just had a protocol that they follow with everyone, especially when Dr. Ross was out.
It is really hit or miss, and there seems to be a lot of turnover. The nurse I saw for monitoring most times was amazing, remembered me, was gentle, kind, rooting for me. Other nurses, including some who did IUI, didn't remember me at all, were rough, said rude things, or didn't communicate well.
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
How was your experience with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
She was very kind, attentive, and personable. She is very knowledgeable and great at explaining things. She diagnosed an issue others had missed, and was flexible in her approach. Not a weakness of hers but while she was out on leave, her replacement was not my favorite doctor, and this doctor ended up performing significant portions of my treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Just understand the schedule of all the offices, and despite the satellite offices, understand how much time you will be forced to go to the main office.
Describe the protocols Katherine Melzer Ross used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Did unmedicated IUI, did medicated IUI with letrozole and trigger, and eventually did one round of IVF.
Some days it was packed and others it was calm and just me. This could definitely be done better. It was also up to patients to track their place in line, ect - which works with some people and not with others.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
IUIs ranged from 3000-5000 depending on protocol they quoted something like 12000 for a round of IVF (plus meds) but in reality it was way more out of pocket for the whole process
Describe Katherine Melzer Ross's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
An issue for me was that I think two different doctors handling my care had different thoughts, Dr. Ross suggested multiple, while a doctor that actually did my transfer suggested only one. In the future, I plan to move forward with two, as was Ross's original advice.
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Clinic [Genesis] is small compared to some to the others in the city, so there is a feeling of personalized care (even in the billing department). Waiting area is comfortable. Sometimes the reception area at the main location was a bit disorganized. Monitoring is done by technicians, not the doctors. Very friendly, supportive atmosphere all around....[nurses] So friendly and compassionate. Answered my questions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is small compared to some to the others in the city, so there is a feeling of personalized care (even in the billing department). Waiting area is comfortable. Sometimes the reception area at the main location was a bit disorganized. Monitoring is done by technicians, not the doctors. Very friendly, supportive atmosphere all around.
Very personal care. Doctor was genuinely hopeful for a good outcome. Responsive to emails, answered all questions.
So friendly and compassionate. Answered my questions in a timely manner.
She is honest and caring, tried to help us an any way she could. Easy to communicate with, responsive to emails, etc. She offered both medical and moral support through this tiring process. If you are looking for a doctor that's compassionate and trustworthy, I'd highly recommend her.
Bring all your questions, she will consider them and answer the ones that she can. She is extremely supportive and will take time with you each visit.If you have been down the IVF road before and still have not had success, and are interested in any "experimental" treatments or immunological testing, you will need to be referred elsewhere. She practices evidence-based medicine.
IUI- Used Letrozole and Clomid. Clomid produces several follicles, whereas letrozole produced one. IVF-Used antagonist protocol and agonist (lupron) protocol. Agonist produced more mature eggs. Medications were adjusted throughout cycle depending on blood work results.
Normally didn't have to wait too long. On weekends, the wait time was always much longer.
IVF cycles (without meds) around $10,000. They participated in the NYS IVF Grant program.
We went over the recommendations for number of embryos to be transferred based on age.
2010 - 2017
The billing department [at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] was very helpful. Cost is negotiated if it is too high for the consumer. Financially this clinic is operated in a very business-like manner.They are very flexible at costs...The nursing staff was very attentive to all of our needs. They directed us on what we needed to do and when to do it. The service was always available 24 Hours per day... The only weakness I will make mention of is the fact that the time you wait can be long even though there may only be one patient before you...
2010 - 2017
European, Latino
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic's strengths lies in their cleanliness and orderly atmosphere. The facility and all of its furnishings ae completely new and very well cared for. The waiting room is furnished with a large flat screen television, which, gives the people the chance to unwind from the stress involved with the experience. Children are not allowed to be there since it is such a sensitive issue, which, also relieves the stress associated with going through the experience. We have been to clinics that are like a train station-- noisy and crowded; however this clinic is nothing at all like that. Each doctor has there own separate office and the layout of the clinic is very conducive to a stress-free environment. The waiting area is not lined with photographs of infants as was some of the other clinics we visited. The waiting area does not imply anything of a consumer product being sold or marketed. It clearly has only one element which says -- "Genesis Where Life Begins" -- which can be interpreted in different ways. When one goes to meet with the doctors or nurses they see time testimonials attached to the wall which all praise the good results they achieved while being a patient there. The only weakness I will make mention of is the fact that the time you wait can be long even though there may only be one patient before you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Richard Grazi is a unique and special doctor to be with. There is no other doctor like him in the field of infertility.
How was your experience with Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Success in overcoming our infertility issues did not come immediately for us. I have heard that for some people it does come quickly; however, for us, it had become a very grueling experience which, required a major effort from both of us. We had consulted and were treated by many fertility specialists prior to discovering Dr. Grazi. All of them were very skilled, extremely knowledgeable, highly recommended and reputable, but none of them were anything like Dr. Grazi. Unique and special are only two of the many adjectives that truly describe his key attributes. For us Dr. Grazi was the only weapon we had to combat the grueling experience that we had undergone while going through our “ART” experience. Even though we owe our success to a “Higher Authority” (God the Creator), without, Dr. Grazi our “ART” experience would have been vastly different. Whether we had succeeded or failed in accomplishing our objectives we would still recommend Dr. Grazi to be the doctor of your choosing since he was the only doctor that enabled us to get us through this most difficult crisis in our lives with the least amount of emotional, psychological, spiritual, ethical and financial stress that anyone has ever dream of. Dr. Grazi was God’s answer to our prayers!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Trust his judgement, heed his advice and seriously consider his recommendations for he is truly a very remarkable doctor to be under the care of.
Describe the protocols Richard Grazi used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started with an IVF procedure that made use of the meds-- Menopur and Bravelle to stimulate egg production.
An efficient well oiled machine. I had to be there at 6:30 AM if I wanted to get out quickly. This did not ruin my schedule.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The costs were fair and reasonable. The billing department was very helpful. Cost is negotiated if it is too high for the consumer. Financially this clinic is operated in a very business-like manner. It is excellent! They are very flexible at costs. There isn't a service performed that is over-priced or out of reach for the consumer. Deals are made and results are obtained.
Describe Richard Grazi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Grazi only transferred one embryo. Transferring multiple embryos was never recommended and was never performed.
2011 - 2016
8 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Like everything in life there was a mixture of extremely loving and compassionate nurses [at Genesis - Bay Parkway] and others that "just" did their job. Cindy & Joanne were both amazingly compassionate, understanding and loving. They went above and beyond in every way!...Trust Dr Grazi's experience and advice-- he has been doing this a long time & has a true understanding of the science behind this process.
2011 - 2016
8 IUI, 6 IVF, 6 Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
I was never just a patient- I was always a person- he consistently spoke to me about my life, work and child. Asking questions, getting to know us- as a couple. Wanting to know about our goal as a couple, our expectations of the process and consistently asking how we felt at each step of the process.
Like everything in life there was a mixture of extremely loving and compassionate nurses and others that "just" did their job. Cindy & Joanne were both amazingly compassionate, understanding and loving. They went above and beyond in every way!
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr Grazi was not only my physician but he became a trusted and valued friend. When I became his patient it was on the heels of my current doctor retiring. I was very confused and unsure about the future. I felt as though I had to reexplain our history and open up our lives to a new person once again. I was not excited about it at the time but it turned out to be the best thing to ever happen to us. Dr Grazi was always extremely involved, passionate and understanding of our journey. We had many, many, many set backs and he held our hand through each one. I have nothing but love and gratitude for all he did for us and our family.
Trust Dr Grazi's experience and advice-- he has been doing this a long time & has a true understanding of the science behind this process. He never wavered while helping us through our journey and when we did hit a road block he referred us to other specialists with the experience we needed. And after that, we stayed true and had faith in Dr.Grazi and kept our course with him. In the end he brought us to our final destination, our sweet baby girl.
Brooklyn
The clinic [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] offers early daily monitoring at satellite offices so it doesn't interfere with your work schedule. If you don't live near the main office, you can get blood drawn or a sonogram at a closer office and they bring it to the main office to be tested and reviewed by your dr. It really is VERY convenient; although it would still be very worth the trip to the main office. It feels like a family there. Everyone is very friendly. And the office runs like a well oiled machine. Every department works very well together.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
There really isn't anything negative I can say. The clinic offers early daily monitoring at satellite offices so it doesn't interfere with your work schedule. If you don't live near the main office, you can get blood drawn or a sonogram at a closer office and they bring it to the main office to be tested and reviewed by your dr. It really is VERY convenient; although it would still be very worth the trip to the main office. It feels like a family there. Everyone is very friendly. And the office runs like a well oiled machine. Every department works very well together.
Having previously experienced loss, Dr. Grazi handled us very gingerly. While giving us the straight facts of the success rate, he completely sympathized with us and told us that he would work with us to help us in every way he could. The instant we met him, he made us feel like we were his only patients; completely giving us his undivided attention in the most respectful and professional way.
The nursing staff is amazing. They are ALWAYS there for you. You deal with them more than the actual doctor. They become familiar with you, and are very attentive and helpful.
Dr. Grazi is very warm and compassionate. I really don't have anything negative to say about him. We started with another Dr, and then ended up with Dr Grazi after our first doctor left. We are very happy to have been under Dr Grazi's care. He did what he could to make us feel comfortable while keeping professional and giving us the honest truth.
Don't put off your first visit. Dr Grazi is there to help. He runs an operation that is unlike most clinical settings. You'll feel welcomed into the "family" at Genesis and you'll know that you're in good hands.
Dr Grazi performed a frozen transfer on me. His reasoning was to be able to prepare my uterus in the best way possible. Fresh cycles are very time sensitive. By doing frozen, we were able to take our time prepping my body. He actually cancelled my first attempt because my lining wasn't as good as he wanted. The next cycle, my lining was much better and it wound up resulting in a beautiful and successful pregnancy.
I don't remember the actual cost, but the financial department was very helpful to us who weren't covered for treatments under our insurance.
Because I am still young, Dr Grazi wanted us to do a single embryo transfer. Even my ob/gyn says that singleton pregnancies are much safer.
Hewlett
I loved the nursing staff [at Genesis Fertility]. There were two IVF nurses who did the phone calls daily and would answer questions - they were usually pretty good about calling back if you had a question. The monitoring nurses were really great - very friendly, and really gave me the feeling they were rooting for me...Dr. Grazi had a strange communication style, which I found a bit creepy and inappropriate. I also got the impression that he didn't really listen to my questions all that well - he would often interrupt mid-sentence, which, as a professional woman fairly senior in my career, I found very irritating. Also, he did 3 rounds of IUI, and then only after that told me that because of my age, IUI is very unlikely to be successful -- he didn't have a good answer to why he had me do 3 rounds of IUI instead of going right to IVF.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I understand that some clinics have long wait times. I only had one visit out of dozens where I had to wait more than 15 minutes. Weekend monitoring gets a bit busy, but even then they usually have you in and out of there.
The nurses and front desk staff are very attuned to the patients and know everyone by name. I LOVED the nurses especially.
I loved the nursing staff. There were two IVF nurses who did the phone calls daily and would answer questions - they were usually pretty good about calling back if you had a question. The monitoring nurses were really great - very friendly, and really gave me the feeling they were rooting for me.
See if you get the feeling that he's not listening, and if so, get the heck out of there.
I've tossed my notes already, but I remember the nurses telling me that the dose for the ovarian stimulation was lower than average (based on how the body reacted). One thing I noticed was the dose on the 2nd round was lower than on the first, and the number of eggs retrieved was much smaller, and there were no viable blastocysts from the 2nd retrieval.
It helped that they have two locations for monitoring, and you could go to either one. I never waited longer than 15 minutes for monitoring.
They have two different cost schedules - one is for patients covered by insurance, and the other is for self-pay. The self-pay is HIGHER, which we found out when we hit our maximum on the insurance coverage after only 1 round of IVF. 1 round, including medications, clocked in at $20k.
I had a strong preference for single embryo transfer and he seemed fine with that.
2011 - 2015
15 IUI, 5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 5 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Everyone, at the clinic [Genesis - Long Island], was professional and caring. We have nothing bad to complain about the staff...Parking, most of the time, was an issue. We were not sure about whether or not we would be able to park in the building. We had to park many blocks away. Confidentiality was key to us...we would not ask for more, and would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to Dr Grazi and his wonderful crew, at Genesis, especially Charlene, and Tara.
2011 - 2015
15 IUI, 5 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, 5 Embryo Freezing, Surrogacy
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Dr Grazi was very compassionate. From the time we met him, he made us feel like he cared deeply about our situation, and was willing to help us get through it. His staff was always helpful and caring, especially Tara who helped us managing the different steps. For about 18 years, we went to various centers of excellence, looking for help, and we have never felt the welcoming and the warmth that we found in Dr. Grazi. We felt like he was a father guiding us, and understanding what we were going through. After 18 years, Dr Grazi made our dream come through with the birth of our beautiful daughter. At this point, we would not ask for more, and would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to Dr Grazi and his wonderful crew, at Genesis, especially Charlene, and Tara.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
Everyone, at the clinic, was professional and caring. We have nothing bad to complain about the staff
Dr. Grazi was very professional, knowledgeable, and explained the steps involved with every procedure. He was caring, and was genuine in explaining the risks involved in all the procedures to be undertaken. For example, when we were down to the last 2 embryos, we wanted to split them, but, he indicated that we had a better chance with transferring the last two at once. Also, when the first 3 transfers did not thrive to result in a pregnancy, Dr Grazi was forceful in recommending that we get a different surrogate, as he had the strong feeling that she was not following the protocol. And of course, he was right, we followed his advice and our dreams finally became true.
Be patient, and put your trust in him
All four transfers that Dr Grazi performed should have resulted in a positive pregnancy, however, for the first three, the protocol was not strictly followed by the surrogate.
It was somewhat costly, but not overwhelmingly
Our embryos were harvested for a long time, and the standards had changed in the meantime. Therefore, Dr Grazi did not want to take the chances to do single embryo transfer.
2013
9 IUI, IVF
The nurse [at Genesis] dropped my husbands sperm sample before our IUI. She stated it was no big deal and proceeded to do the IUI. I did not get phone calls of my results in a timely manner. I had to call constantly to get results and they would often not call back till a day or two later...This clinic is a cattle call. You will not receive any personal or one on one attention. I felt very empty here..There was only one nurse who was kind and compassionate.
2013
9 IUI, IVF
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is a cattle call. You will not receive any personal or one on one attention. I felt very empty here especially since this was when I was first starting out in my infertility journey. Maybe there are newer doctors there that are more involved in patient care but Dr. Grazi was not one of them.
The office was a cattle call like experience. The doctor was not very warm however seemed optimistic. He had his nurses perform the IUIs and I had to make an appointment with him to find out why he think it failed. He was not very communicative.
There was only one nurse who was kind and compassionate. Toby was very blunt and cold and made me feel uncomfortable during my IUIs. Another nurse dropped my husbands sperm sample on the floor and still proceeded to do the IUI!
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
You only communicate with this doctor when your treatment has failed. He does not perform the IUIs, the nurses do which I really did not like. He did not adjust treatments at all and did the same thing over and over and recommended IVF after 3 failed IUIs instead of trying to find out why they failed.
Dont expect too much from this doctor. Dont expect to see him or be treated by him often. You need to be your own advocate.
I did 3 IUIs with this doctor. He recommended letrozole each time and was not open to trying clomid. He did not change up the next cycle after a failed one which I found disappointing. He recommended IVF instead of doing further testing.
We did 3 IUIs with this dr. We did back to back IUIs those cycles. Insurance covered one and we paid $400 for the second one. In total we probably paid around a few thousand for out of pocket IUIS, recombine testing, and copays.
2010 - 2011
Every nurse I dealt with at Genesis was compassionate, smart, patient, and helpful! Once I finally received my positive pregnancy test many nurses called me with the positive results . They were thrilled for me and treated me like family!
2010 - 2011
While being completely upfront and truthful , Dr. Grazi eased my anxieties st every appointment I made with him. He calmed my frustrations and sat and talked with me one on one every time I requested an appointment.
Dr Grazi is an honest, kind, compassionate, smart man. He was patient and helped comfort me in my time of struggles with infertility. He always had a "plan" and kept me hopeful . He helped make my dream of becoming a mother come true! He became my friend along the way! I have nothing negative to say about him!
Be patient and trust this doctor!
After a year of ttc with no results and an HSG which showed a blocked left Tube I made my first appointment in December of 2010 at Genesis Fertility with DR GRAZI! I was able to get an appointment rather quickly which I was happy about. Dr. Grazi sat with me and my husband and we discussed our options. We started an IUI cycle when I ovulated from my right Fallopian tube as this was the unblocked tube! This resulted in an ectopic pregnancy which was taken care of with methotrexate at Genesis. We then processed to to IVF a few months after the ectopic and I transferred 2 embryos and got negative pt results. The next cycle we did a fresh ivf again and we changed my medicine and I conceived my son , who is now 5.
Convenient and worked ab
Dr Grazi was a very conservative doctor and his goal was for me to have a single healthy pregnancy . His goal was reached.
Brooklyn
The billing department needs more compassion and not to be so mean. They need really get their facts together before telling patients things will get covered and end up not being covered. Other then that I love this clinic [RMA]. You get free parking, nurses are all friendly, dr answers all and any questions you may have...The nurses usually knew who I was when I walked in. I didn't feel rushed and they always answered all my questions
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The billing department needs more compassion and not to be so mean. They need really get their facts together before telling patients things will get covered and end up not being covered. Other then that I love this clinic. You get free parking, nurses are all friendly, dr answers all and any questions you may have.
Very nice. Always return my calls in a timely manner
He is a great doctor. I would email him about concerns I had And he would always address them by the end of the day. I felt comfortable and clam around him. He has a lot of patience. Just wish I was stop not getting pregnant and actually go to term.
To bring in any questions you may have so he can answer them.
1st round IUI did 50mg of clomid. Ended in chemical pregnancy. Second cycle IUI did 50mg ended up not getting pregnant. 3rd round did 100mg of clomid, didnt respond and did a stair stepper. Took 150mg of clomid then IUI and ended in chemical pregnancy
Insurance covered a lot of my stuff I think. Still waiting to hear back.
2014 - 2017
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
We would go early in the morning [to Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine], the office was welcoming, staff were super friendly, and visits were a pleasure...Office was clean, advanced technology, new building. All communication was done in high fashion, billing department was respectful and flexible with our requests. Front desk was always friendly and discreet when using names to call. Overall a great office.
2014 - 2017
2 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing, 2 Embryo Freezing
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
As soon as we met Dr Grazi, we were treated like our infertility problem was his. His concern, passion to achieve success, care and love was as if he was living our nightmare with us. He worked diligently with us to find a solution to our infertility nightmare and worked closely on achieving positive results. We could not have done it without Dr Grazi, and appreciate all he done for us immensely.
We would go early in the morning, the office was welcoming, staff were super friendly, and visits were a pleasure.
Dr Grazi is a very warm caring Dr. He is very passionate on achieving success for his patients. Patient confidently is kept to the utmost form and fashion. He was always very on top of our treatments and matters.
I wouldn't change anything. we are very happy with Dr Grazi and the Genesis team.
a cycle would cost us between $10000 to $17000
We had multiple IVF cycles at Genesis, sometimes we were advised to do single and other multiple transfers. Each cycle is accessed separate.
Brooklyn
Clinic was always clean and well-kept. Appointments were easy to make and nurses made sure to adhere to my schedule. It was also great to have a hotline to call them anytime I had a question or concern. Morning monitoring was also quick and efficient.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Grazi was extremely sympathetic and open. He took the time to answer all questions and appointments were never rushed.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Irina)
She was very personable and optimistic. Irina always put me in a good mood and made the process more human-like. She was more like a mother figure guiding me every step of the way.
Dr. Grazi was very knowledgeable and professional. Moreover, he was compassionate and cared about me as a person. I enjoyed the way he described each process and guided me through all of the steps. IVF is not easy. Dr. Grazi put me at ease and gave us hope.
Be patient with the process. I know it could be frustrating but listen to the doctor as he has plenty of experience. Ask questions! Dr. Grazi is always there to answer them.
Injections followed by retrieval and embryo transfer. We also opted to do genetic testing on the embryos.
20+ thousand for everything
Yes. Single was better due to my conditions. Dr. Grazi explained and advised against multiple embryo transfer in my case.
Brooklyn
The nursing staff at Genesis is a team of stars. They are so compassionate and wonderful.... If you arrive early for your shots, you are in and out of there quickly. Bay Parkway facility is clean, professional.... It was fairly easy -- sometimes there was more of a wait than others, but never too long and if you get there early you can be first.... They once didn't call with our results. They were extremely apologetic and kind about it, and made great efforts to close any communications gaps in their practice to ensure it wouldn't happen again. It was a fluke and had never happened before. They more than made up for it.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I've heard nightmare stories about wait times at other clinics. If you arrive early for your shots, you are in and out of there quickly. Bay Parkway facility is clean, professional.
Dr. Grazi was sensitive to the fact that this is a delicate and emotional process. He always gave us plenty of time with him and answered every detailed question.
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Grazi made us comfortable throughout the process. He explained everything in great detail (at our request) and walked us through the back and forth of making decisions when there was no clear right answer (often the case in this process). He gave his opinion when we asked for it and always helped us weigh our options to make a decision we felt comfortable with.
First Gonol F, Progesterone, Ovidrel Switched to Lupron, Bravelle, Menopur with good results
Completely covered by insurance
We did PGD testing on all our embryos so we only implanted those of high quality, one at a time. Totally worth the $ to get that test to get the highest quality embryos possible !
2013 - 2015
..Clinic [Genesis - Bay Parkway] is super well run, very organized and the staff is amazing...[Nurses are] very patient, and caring. gentle with procedures and blood draw, very sweet on the phone, good with confidentiality....[the clinic is] very clean, organized... easy parking. privacy is taken care of...[Dr. Grazi] He spoke to me and really understood what I was going through. He was very kind, patient and understanding. He also understood my religious needs and was sympathetic to them.
2013 - 2015
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
very clean, organized... easy parking. privacy is taken care of.
We had a wonderful experience. He is extremely qualified and very competent. We have 5 beautiful children because of him. His clinic is super well run, very organized and the staff is amazing. He gave us exactly what we wanted, a beautiful family. we also had surgery with him that went very well.
Ask all your questions and trust that you're in good hands!
surgery to remove endometriosis, stage 4+ and then Immediate round of clomid and IUI to achieve pregnancy before endo had a chance to grow back. First round was successful, our first child was born nine months later. Endometriosis in our case, was "cured" through the pregnancies and all our subsequent children - conceived after 1 or 2 rounds of clomid and IUI.
almost all costs were covered through insurance. we were very fortunate.
2005 - 2010
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
I was recognized by the staff [at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] there which was nice. Some of them even knew my by name. When I needed to get someone on the phone I was always successful...Billing dept is famous for being horrible human beings They also were very unhelpful when my insurance company (Oxford) didn't acknowledge that a woman under 21 would need fertility meds- so I had to pay for medication out of pocket !!
2005 - 2010
Anovulation, Male Factor, PCOS
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I was recongnized by the staff there which was nice. Some of them even knew my by name. When I needed to get someone on the phone I was always successful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Irene )
She was better than the dr! She called every afternoon with instructions for that day.. If I had any questions I asked her.
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
He was a little creepy. Hugged me when I didn't need to be hugged. I didn't feel it was appropriate. But I think it was his way of being "warm". I never understood his way of speaking.
Be patient
Follistim wth iui Post coital tests Hsg scans Injectables class which was nice
I had private insurance but my medication wasn't covered because I was under 21 and my insurance company didn't cover minors since they didn't think it was a necessity despite the letter my doctor wrote. So I had to pay out of pocket for medication. All else was covered.
Brooklyn
Everything [at Genesis] was great and top notch...I felt like a human everyone on the staff knew my name and truly cared for the best outcome....Absolutely wonderful. They were very wise and were always on top of everything. For example one day I didn't have a medication I needed, they gave me from the office so I can continue the routine...[Monitoring Appts] It was very efficient and run well. Only on weekends was it a little busy. Otherwise Great
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Everything was great and top notch. It's pretty expensive but it's like that everywhere since insurance doesn't cover.
He is extremely compassionate and caring and he truly looks out for you. He was very sympathetic when things didn't work out and made it that much easier. He is knowledgeable and knows what he's doing
Definitely to gather up the courage and go for an appointment. Hopefully it will all work out
I used gonal f and manopur and cetrotide and for the trigger shot was ovidrel
Around 12000
The dr insisted on a Eset. I wouldn't have minded multiple
Brooklyn
They [nurses at Genesis - Bay Parkway] were my cheerleaders! Every single one of them. Clear, honest, knowledgeable and compassionate...You never just feel like a number from the front desk to the to the lab everyone is warm and friendly and actually remembers your name!...I never waited too long and was always able to make it to work in time afterwards. The staff makes you feel comfortable...
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
He took his time in answering all of my questions. Was kind, sincere and honest when my worries got the best of me. He personally called me after my failed transfers
They were my cheerleaders! Every single one of them. Clear, honest, knowledgeable and compassionate.
He is honest, clear, knowledgeable and very patient. He always put me at ease. Accepted my input and choices for my care but was honest and explained when something wasn't possible. Clearly explained the pros and cons of each medication and decision.
Feel free to go with your list of questions!! He will take the time to answer them.
I don't recall them.
I was able to apply for the NYS Demonstration Prgram which helped greatly with cost.
He prefers to transfer one embryo at a time but agreeed when I strongly suggested to transfer two. Just be aware you will have to sign a waiver regarding the possibility of having multiples.
4 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Genesis is a great facility the staff is wonderful and friendly and compassionate. They all address you by name from the minute you walk in to the minute you walk out. Love the staff. Love the doctors...Lucia [nurse] is wonderful and helpful...Dr kulak is wondeful and knowledgeable. Is hands in and contact you with details and info as needed. He knows his info and is extremely compassionate and kind. Follows up often when you contact him or email him no matter the time.
4 IUI, 5 IVF, 2 Egg Freezing
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Dr kulak was and is wonderful. He takes the time to explain things and contacts you often to see how you are doing. Great doctor.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lucia)
Lucia is wonderful and helpful.
He is wonderful
Gonal 350 and ovidrel for trigger
Other then my deductible mostly covered so no issues.
Staten Island
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
[Genesis Fertility nurses were] Very kind, but overworked so rushed. Also, some had accents the were hard to understand....Only minor slip ups-- lost test results, some long waits, prescription request lost, pricing confusion, nothing major, always apologized...Procedure [FET] was $3800, but other things extra, saline soon $600, counselling $250, etc...You will have a good experience whatever the outcome. They really try to work with you.
IVF, Donor Eggs
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
It matters who your MD is. Do HW beforehand. You will have a good experience whatever the outcome. They really try to work with you.
Very patient, very timely answers
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Very compassionate, patient, knowledgable, gets back to you right away. Helps find embryos, asks if procedure hurts, emotionally appropriate, reassuring. I felt like his only patient, though I wasn't!
Do your own research first, and come with questions. Also, be persistent if you have a concern-- he does not mind considering all options.
FET with 2 day 5 embryos.
Procedure was $3800, but other things extra, saline soon $600, counselling $250, etc
First decided one embryo then two. Happy, as one was better than another.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
The clinic [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] has various offices and locations, makes it very easy to get an appointment. The offices are clean and the staff is professional. The office is not kid friendly which could be an issue for parents...I felt as though she [Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross] honestly wanted to help us get to our goal. She explained everything and took my thoughts and concerns seriously. I was able to reach her via email or phone anytime of the day. She answered all of our questions.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Male Factor, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic has various offices and locations, makes it very easy to get an appointment. The offices are clean and the staff is professional. The office is not kid friendly which could be an issue for parents.
she was extremely thorough and compassionate
I felt as though she honestly wanted to help us get to our goal. She explained everything and took my thoughts and concerns seriously. I was able to reach her via email or phone anytime of the day. She answered all of our questions.
Try to relax and trust that everything will work out
Dr. Ross transfers one single embryo at a time. I would prefer more but she explained the reasons behind transferring only one
Brooklyn
Dr. Grazi is doctors who treats you as human , not a number. Tapers treatment plan according to you . He's warm compassionate and honest...Dr. Grazi and staff at genesis of Brooklyn , treats everyone with respect. Dr. Grazi is a true gentleman . I highly recommend him!...[Costs are] about the same as Methodist /kofinas fertility
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne/shaneema)
The whole staff at Gensis was professional from the front desk to the dr grazi
To trust him