6010 Bay Parkway
718-283-8601
1855 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
718-283-8601

He [Dr. Richard Grazi] is extremely compassionate and caring and he truly looks out for you. He was very sympathetic when things didn't work out and made it that much easier. He is knowledgeable and knows what he's doing...I felt like a human everyone on the staff knew my name and truly cared for the best outcome...I used gonal f and manopur and cetrotide and for the trigger shot was ovidrel..........
Everything [at Genesis] was great and top notch...I felt like a human everyone on the staff knew my name and truly cared for the best outcome....Absolutely wonderful. They were very wise and were always on top of everything. For example one day I didn't have a medication I needed, they gave me from the office so I can continue the routine...[Monitoring Appts] It was very efficient and run well. Only on weekends was it a little busy. Otherwise Great
How was your experience with Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
He is extremely compassionate and caring and he truly looks out for you. He was very sympathetic when things didn't work out and made it that much easier. He is knowledgeable and knows what he's doing
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Definitely to gather up the courage and go for an appointment. Hopefully it will all work out
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Richard Grazi used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
I used gonal f and manopur and cetrotide and for the trigger shot was ovidrel
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Everything was great and top notch. It's pretty expensive but it's like that everywhere since insurance doesn't cover.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Around 12000
Describe Richard Grazi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The dr insisted on a Eset. I wouldn't have minded multiple
Brooklyn

Dr [Katherin Melzer Ross] took the time to meet with me. I never felt rushed. Her approach seemed individualized and she offered me various options...She was compassionate and knowledgeable. I had a specific situation and she did not make me feel embarrassed. I felt very comfortable with her and confident, although i did not get to interact with her aside from the consults....Clomid and trigger for IUI
Some nurses were better than others [at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] . But overall they were compassionate and organized...Many many costs for an IUI. Including extra costs that were not explained up front...Strengths are doctors and decor. Weakness is limited contact with doctors and front desk staff are not always nice. Billing department is difficult and find ways to bill you for every little thing. Monitoring is also very early and crowded
How was your experience with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr took the time to meet with me. I never felt rushed. Her approach seemed individualized and she offered me various options
Describe the protocols Katherine Melzer Ross used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Clomid and trigger for IUI
Some nurses were better than others. But overall they were compassionate and organized
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Brooklyn
I felt as though she [Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross] honestly wanted to help us get to our goal. She explained everything and took my thoughts and concerns seriously. I was able to reach her via email or phone anytime of the day. She answered all of our questions...she was extremely thorough and compassionate...
The clinic [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] has various offices and locations, makes it very easy to get an appointment. The offices are clean and the staff is professional. The office is not kid friendly which could be an issue for parents...I felt as though she [Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross] honestly wanted to help us get to our goal. She explained everything and took my thoughts and concerns seriously. I was able to reach her via email or phone anytime of the day. She answered all of our questions.
I felt as though she honestly wanted to help us get to our goal. She explained everything and took my thoughts and concerns seriously. I was able to reach her via email or phone anytime of the day. She answered all of our questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Try to relax and trust that everything will work out
she was extremely thorough and compassionate
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic has various offices and locations, makes it very easy to get an appointment. The offices are clean and the staff is professional. The office is not kid friendly which could be an issue for parents.
Describe Katherine Melzer Ross's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Dr. Ross transfers one single embryo at a time. I would prefer more but she explained the reasons behind transferring only one
Brooklyn

[Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross was] Very strict about single embryo transfer. Multiple embryos were not offered. Maybe because I had 3 children already and my age was 36...She was very nice and gave me tons of information. She answered every single question and was ALWAYS available via email or phone to talk. I remember her saying to my husband and I "You will get pregnant, it's just a matter of when." Eventually after a failed cycle and then a cancelled cycle (follicles did not grow enough), I finally became pregnant with my one frozen embryo that was left.
[The nurses at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine are] Knowledgeable, friendly and always available...They had very early times so I was able to get in before work, as early as 5 am. Multiple locations made it convenient as well...Dr. Grazi who was the doc on call the day of my transfer. He did an amazing job and reassured me that everything would be fine...
I started the IVF process at age 36 to try for my 4th baby (after tying my tubes). I originally saw Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross for my IVF consultation. She was very nice and gave me tons of information. She answered every single question and was ALWAYS available via email or phone to talk. I remember her saying to my husband and I "You will get pregnant, it's just a matter of when." Eventually after a failed cycle and then a cancelled cycle (follicles did not grow enough), I finally became pregnant with my one frozen embryo that was left. The transfer was done by Dr. Grazi who was the doc on call the day of my transfer. He did an amazing job and reassured me that everything would be fine. My daughter was born last month (my current age = 37) (she was born at 31 weeks & 6 days) as a preemie, but all is well. I would like to thank Dr. Ross, Dr. Grazi, Dr. Smizer (who delivered my girl via c section) and all of the doctors at Genesis for their teamwork, friendly service and genuine care during my IVF process. If I had to do it again I would definitely choose Genesis. Frozen Embryo Transfer June 2019 Success! Baby Girl Born 12/31/19.
Listen carefully and take notes. Breathe and know that you are in good hands. Don't be afraid to reach out to any doctor here.
Fresh embryo transfer, then frozen. Used progesterone suppositories, gonal f, cetrotide, ovidrel trigger shot, estradiol.
Knowledgeable, friendly and always available
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
They had very early times so I was able to get in before work, as early as 5 am. Multiple locations made it convenient as well. Early bird gets the worm
My insurance covered 85% of the costs. I paid less than $500 for meds. Storage fees for frozen sperm were included
Brooklyn

She [Dr.Tendai Chiware] took the time to review my history and adjust my medications to try to increase my chances...spends time to ensure all of my questions are answered and I get the care that I need...I’ve only met with her in person once because she took over for my previous doctor when he moved out of state...She is alway very responsive via email
The whole nursing staff [of Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] is friendly and compassionate. They are the people that helped me stay positive and continue to return for treatment...[cost] Between $775-$2000...everyone is really personable and there are a couple of satellite locations for monitoring which makes things flexible...
How was your experience with Tendai Chiware at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I’ve only met with her in person once because she took over for my previous doctor when he moved out of state, but she did a good job at making me feel welcomed and in good care. She took the time to review my history and adjust my medications to try to increase my chances. She is alway very responsive via email.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tendai Chiware at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Be patient and trust the doctor’s advice and course of action.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tendai Chiware at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I felt like a human unlike some of the other facilities I’ve been to. Everyone at Genesis is friendly and caring. The doctor definitely spends time to ensure all of my questions are answered and I get the care that I need. I believe the doctor followed the right steps to help me conceive even though I have not been successful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: No, but Nurse Brittany is amazing)
The whole nursing staff is friendly and compassionate. They are the people that helped me stay positive and continue to return for treatment
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths are everyone is really personable and there are a couple of satellite locations for monitoring which makes things flexible. They are also open 7 days a week even on holidays. This is a big plus because I’ve had to skip treatments at my previous facility because of my ovulation falling on a holiday.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tendai Chiware at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Between $775-$2000
Tendai Chiware
Brooklyn

Dr Grazi is truly one of a kind. I’ve seen many doctors with terrible bedside manners. He is the exact opposite. ... Always keeping you updated the minute he gets information and treating you with the utmost respect. ... Dr grazi had an excellent bedside manner. He is a kind person and you can feel it when you enter his office [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine]. ... Definitely use him if you want someone who is sensitive, efficient, educated and experienced.
The clinic [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] was great. Very clean, organized , everything ran smoothly. I almost Never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen by a nurse or doctor. The place is organized very well too. The waiting room had an element if privacy as well ... It [monitoring appointments] was always crowded but I never Waited too long. ... The staff was unbelievable. Kathy at the front desk was so personable and always greeted me by name and with a smile.
Dr Grazi is truly one of a kind. I’ve seen many doctors with terrible bedside manners. He is the exact opposite. Its almost too good to be true. He is an angel disguised as a doctor. Always keeping you updated the minute he gets information and treating you with the utmost respect.
Dr grazi had an excellent bedside manner. He is a kind person and you can feel it when you enter his office. He treated me with the utmost respect and sensitivity. I had A great experience with him. He’s also great at what he does - we got our desired results with no complications. Everything went smoothly and his staff was very accommodating and personable. They all know you by first name and greet you nicely. I’m gonna miss some of his staff now that I’m being transferred to my regular obgyn.
Dr grazi devised a personal plan exactly according to my needs. He doesn’t do the same thing for everyone. He really takes everything into consideration and gives you his time. My husbands sperm was not so great so he used icsi and later it proved that this was the correct decision.
The staff was unbelievable. Kathy at the front desk was so personable and always greeted me by name and with a smile. Marina was fantastic. I loved Walking in and talking to her about anything and everything. Toby was so helpful along the whole way and so educated.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was great. Very clean, organized , everything ran smoothly. I almost Never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen by a nurse or doctor. The place is organized very well too. The waiting room had an element if privacy as well
It was always crowded but I never Waited too long. The bay parkway office has more patients than the staten island office.
I paid Out of pocket because we did family balancing. It was very expensive but well worth it.
He of course suggested a single embryo transfer when we were deciding if we wanted single or multiple. He gave us the facts. But he will never force anyone to do anything unless it was a health issue. We took his advice and did single but we will be back.
Brooklyn

Having previously experienced loss, Dr. Grazi handled us very gingerly. While giving us the straight facts of the success rate, he completely sympathized with us and told us that he would work with us to help us in every way he could. The instant we met him, he made us feel like we were his only patients; completely giving us his undivided attention in the most respectful and professional way.
The clinic [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] offers early daily monitoring at satellite offices so it doesn't interfere with your work schedule. If you don't live near the main office, you can get blood drawn or a sonogram at a closer office and they bring it to the main office to be tested and reviewed by your dr. It really is VERY convenient; although it would still be very worth the trip to the main office. It feels like a family there. Everyone is very friendly. And the office runs like a well oiled machine. Every department works very well together.
Dr. Grazi is very warm and compassionate. I really don't have anything negative to say about him. We started with another Dr, and then ended up with Dr Grazi after our first doctor left. We are very happy to have been under Dr Grazi's care. He did what he could to make us feel comfortable while keeping professional and giving us the honest truth.
Don't put off your first visit. Dr Grazi is there to help. He runs an operation that is unlike most clinical settings. You'll feel welcomed into the "family" at Genesis and you'll know that you're in good hands.
Dr Grazi performed a frozen transfer on me. His reasoning was to be able to prepare my uterus in the best way possible. Fresh cycles are very time sensitive. By doing frozen, we were able to take our time prepping my body. He actually cancelled my first attempt because my lining wasn't as good as he wanted. The next cycle, my lining was much better and it wound up resulting in a beautiful and successful pregnancy.
The nursing staff is amazing. They are ALWAYS there for you. You deal with them more than the actual doctor. They become familiar with you, and are very attentive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
There really isn't anything negative I can say. The clinic offers early daily monitoring at satellite offices so it doesn't interfere with your work schedule. If you don't live near the main office, you can get blood drawn or a sonogram at a closer office and they bring it to the main office to be tested and reviewed by your dr. It really is VERY convenient; although it would still be very worth the trip to the main office. It feels like a family there. Everyone is very friendly. And the office runs like a well oiled machine. Every department works very well together.
I don't remember the actual cost, but the financial department was very helpful to us who weren't covered for treatments under our insurance.
Because I am still young, Dr Grazi wanted us to do a single embryo transfer. Even my ob/gyn says that singleton pregnancies are much safer.
2011 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Grazi was very professional, knowledgeable, and explained the steps involved with every procedure...For example, when we were down to the last 2 embryos, we wanted to split them, but, he indicated that we had a better chance with transferring the last two at once. Also, when the first 3 transfers did not thrive to result in a pregnancy, Dr Grazi was forceful in recommending that we get a different surrogate, as he had the strong feeling that she was not following the protocol.
Everyone, at the clinic [Genesis - Long Island], was professional and caring. We have nothing bad to complain about the staff...Parking, most of the time, was an issue. We were not sure about whether or not we would be able to park in the building. We had to park many blocks away. Confidentiality was key to us...we would not ask for more, and would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to Dr Grazi and his wonderful crew, at Genesis, especially Charlene, and Tara.
Dr. Grazi was very professional, knowledgeable, and explained the steps involved with every procedure. He was caring, and was genuine in explaining the risks involved in all the procedures to be undertaken. For example, when we were down to the last 2 embryos, we wanted to split them, but, he indicated that we had a better chance with transferring the last two at once. Also, when the first 3 transfers did not thrive to result in a pregnancy, Dr Grazi was forceful in recommending that we get a different surrogate, as he had the strong feeling that she was not following the protocol. And of course, he was right, we followed his advice and our dreams finally became true.
Be patient, and put your trust in him
Dr Grazi was very compassionate. From the time we met him, he made us feel like he cared deeply about our situation, and was willing to help us get through it. His staff was always helpful and caring, especially Tara who helped us managing the different steps. For about 18 years, we went to various centers of excellence, looking for help, and we have never felt the welcoming and the warmth that we found in Dr. Grazi. We felt like he was a father guiding us, and understanding what we were going through. After 18 years, Dr Grazi made our dream come through with the birth of our beautiful daughter. At this point, we would not ask for more, and would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to Dr Grazi and his wonderful crew, at Genesis, especially Charlene, and Tara.
All four transfers that Dr Grazi performed should have resulted in a positive pregnancy, however, for the first three, the protocol was not strictly followed by the surrogate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
Everyone, at the clinic, was professional and caring. We have nothing bad to complain about the staff
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
It was somewhat costly, but not overwhelmingly
Our embryos were harvested for a long time, and the standards had changed in the meantime. Therefore, Dr Grazi did not want to take the chances to do single embryo transfer.
2013 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Grazi is extremely compassionate. He explained things as we went, and listened to me as a patient. He hanged treatments if something wasn't working.... Dr. Grazi was there for me every step of the way through my journey. He explained our steps, purchase options, and his opinion, but ultimately listened to what I wanted as a patient...He prefers eSET. Will transfer up to 2, but Ian very cautious and thinks of the risks to you as the patient.
The expertise, success and compassion of the doctors is great. Their [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] billing department is was difficult to deal with while we were going there. There nurses are ok. Compassionate, yes. Organized, not always.... It [monitoring] was first come, first serve. Also at the off site, the sonogram tech if she was as running late would be rude not considering if the patients had to get to work
Dr. Grazi is extremely compassionate. He explained things as we went, and listened to me as a patient. He hanged treatments if something wasn't working. As a doctor, I reccomend him Tov anyone who unfortunately needs infertility treatments.
Keep asking questions if you are unclear on anything, he will answer them.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The expertise, success and compassion of the doctors is great. Their billing department is was difficult to deal with while we were going there. There nurses are ok. Compassionate, yes. Organized, not always.
It was first come, first serve. Also at the off site, the sonogram tech if she was as running late would be rude not considering if the patients had to get to work
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
There general procedure is toccall on day 3 with your embryo report. 2/3 retrievals I had to call them. I also had to correct nurses on my protocol if Dr. Grazi made changes.
Hewlett

Dr. Grazi is doctors who treats you as human , not a number. Tapers treatment plan according to you . He's warm compassionate and honest...Dr. Grazi and staff at genesis of Brooklyn , treats everyone with respect. Dr. Grazi is a true gentleman . I highly recommend him!...[Costs are] about the same as Methodist /kofinas fertility
To trust him
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne/shaneema)
The whole staff at Gensis was professional from the front desk to the dr grazi
About the same as Methodist /kofinas fertility
Hewlett
Dr. Ross was a beacon of hope in my infertility journey. I had previously been under the care of a different physician in a different clinic who made me feel like a number. Dr. Ross is the exact opposite. She has such a wonderful presence and such positivity. She explains in great detail, with sketches and everything, about your treatment plans and procedures, etc. She is compassionate and understanding. i never felt forced to do anything and I left every appointment with a clear understanding.
Genesis couldn’t be better. They have many locations for you to see the doctors, monitoring, etc. They are open every day with a 24 hour emergency line, which I’ve had to use on occasion. It never took longer than 30 min for a call back. The staff is wonderful and their hours are great. You truly feel like you’re their only patient.... The nursing staff at Genesis is too wonderful for words. You can tell they truly love being there. They are accessible always and they are all around pleasant to be around. I looked forward to seeing my nurse for my 6am blood draws and sonograms. They always relayed information thoroughly and promptly.
Enjoy her and listen. She’s a very knowledgeable doctor.
Dr. Ross is so thorough and caring when discussing and testing, results or treatment plans. Unlike other doctors, she cares in a way you feel like you’re her only patient and everything she does is for you.
I suffer from PCOS and my husband male factor. She was open to IUI during our initial consultation, but after further testing, she acknowledged the low success rate and suggested IVF. Since I don’t cycle normally, she needed to start me on Provera to induce. The protocol she used was moderate. The plan: grow as many great eggs as possible, without putting my body at risk for OHSS. As far as the single fresh embryo transfer - my age was the sole decision maker. One egg if you’re under 35.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Their monitoring schedule is so helpful. Depending on their location, they have different monitoring hours. They started as early as 5:30am for those who work very early and were as late as 8:00am. All monitoring results were given by early afternoon.
Infertility is covered with my insurance. Genesis is considered a Center of Excellence with them as well. Therefore, I had $0 copays in the office and small copays associated with the testing and medicine. All together, we spent about $300.
Because of my age, under 35, Dr Ross would only transfer one embryo.
Staten Island

she [Dr. Melzer Ross] referred me to another practice, who she said she "didnt really believe in their controversial methods" but we had basically hit the end of the road. Then she said well, let's do a hysteroscopy, just to see, maybe IVF with Lovenox. As a medical clinician, the thought of trial and error guessing with my already sick body and emotionally fragile psyche, was too much to bear and I will not be returning. IMO, if you have infertility with other medical complications, Genesis is not the place to go. Good luck to everyo
All was great [with the nurses at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] until d&c day, when not one person even spoke to me or looked me in the eyes...all the ladies at the SI clinic were so nice and understanding. Only note, please offer water to patients after taking 13 vials of blood. Ladies, bring water and something sugary if you are having bloodwork done, bc they have nothing...Receptionist at Brooklyn clinic was a beast
Dr. Ross was our second opinion, and unbeknownst to me, I was already pregnant on my own when I saw her. She followed up with my bloodwork, made herself available and seemed interested in my case. However, when I lost the embryo at 6 weeks, things changed. She told me that she felt my autoimmune dz was causing my recurrent miscarriages, and she had exhausted all the tests to find out what was actually wrong. Then she referred me to another practice, who she said she "didnt really believe in their controversial methods" but we had basically hit the end of the road. Then she said well, let's do a hysteroscopy, just to see, maybe IVF with Lovenox. As a medical clinician, the thought of trial and error guessing with my already sick body and emotionally fragile psyche, was too much to bear and I will not be returning. IMO, if you have infertility with other medical complications, Genesis is not the place to go. Good luck to everyone.
All was great until d&c day, when not one person even spoke to me or looked me in the eyes.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Receptionist at Brooklyn clinic was a beast, but all the ladies at the SI clinic were so nice and understanding. Only note, please offer water to patients after taking 13 vials of blood. Ladies, bring water and something sugary if you are having bloodwork done, bc they have nothing.
Thankfully covered by insurance.
Staten Island

He [Dr. David Kulak] takes the time to explain things and contacts you often to see how you are doing. Great doctor...wondeful and knowledgeable. Is hands in and contact you with details and info as needed. He knows his info and is extremely compassionate and kind. Follows up often when you contact him or email him no matter the time...Gonal 350 and ovidrel for trigger
Genesis is a great facility the staff is wonderful and friendly and compassionate. They all address you by name from the minute you walk in to the minute you walk out. Love the staff. Love the doctors...Lucia [nurse] is wonderful and helpful...Dr kulak is wondeful and knowledgeable. Is hands in and contact you with details and info as needed. He knows his info and is extremely compassionate and kind. Follows up often when you contact him or email him no matter the time.
How was your experience with David Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
He is wonderful
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr kulak was and is wonderful. He takes the time to explain things and contacts you often to see how you are doing. Great doctor.
Describe the protocols David Kulak used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Gonal 350 and ovidrel for trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lucia)
Lucia is wonderful and helpful.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Other then my deductible mostly covered so no issues.
David Kulak