6010 Bay Parkway
1855 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
718-283-8601

2020 - 2021, Successful
Dr. Chiware is by far the most caring, patient and understanding doctor we've encountered in our lives, and she's beyond generous with her time...As a lesbian couple, we felt respected from start to finish in our every interaction with Dr. Chiware and with Genesis...wasn't afraid to think outside the box when it came to supplementary medications...She wants you to succeed, and won't blindly reassure you that what you're doing is enough...
The nurses [at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] were uniformly attentive, compassionate and patient. They returned our calls quickly and were generous with their time in answering all of our questions. We never felt rushed off the phone. They never made us feel that our concerns were trivial, and despite the fact that there seem to have been many nurses on staff, there were never any miscommunications about my protocol...When we got our good news, all the nurses called us together and congratulated us--it was really a beautiful moment.
How was your experience with Tendai Chiware at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I've always been a difficult patient--low pain tolerance, apt to pass out, squeamish. Dr. Chiware was the perfect person to ease my anxiety, and is so gentle in both word and deed that we wouldn't be surprised if she simply willed our now-fetus into existence. This is the opposite of our previous experience at a larger, more well-known fertility clinic where we felt overlooked and later learned that indeed some of the stats of our case weren't being fully monitored. Once we switched to Genesis, Dr. Chiware created such a comfortable atmosphere for us that we felt we'd known her from a previous life. We owe the growth of our family to her, and can never repay her for her unyielding devotion to our commitment to get pregnant. We literally miss her now that we've graduated from Genesis.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Tendai Chiware at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Get ready to never be able to let her go! We would've loved it if she could be our OB. Also, don't be afraid to push the envelope--if you are so unfortunate as to have a failed IUI or a failed embryo transfer, ask Dr. Chiware how you can supplement or change your treatment for the next cycle. She wants you to succeed, and won't blindly reassure you that what you're doing is enough.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Tendai Chiware at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Chiware is by far the most caring, patient and understanding doctor we've encountered in our lives, and she's beyond generous with her time. We truly believe that a key reason why we're pregnant is that she stayed on top of our case and wasn't afraid to think outside the box when it came to supplementary medications. It's abundantly clear that Dr. Chiware's heart is in her work. She's also super-personable--after every phone call and appointment, we remarked to each other that we wish we could be friends with her. (That said, we're not sure if we're cool enough!)
Describe the protocols Tendai Chiware used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We first did an egg retrieval using Gonal-F, Certrotide, Menopur, and an Ovidrel trigger. That yielded 15 eggs, 10 of which were mature, and all of which fertilized with ICSI. By Day 7, we had 6 remaining, which we sent off for PGT testing. 2 came back normal, 2 abnormal, and 1 low mosaic. Since we had 5 failed IUIs at our previous clinic, we did an ERA before our first transfer and then transferred 1 of the normal embryos. The cycle consisted of Estrace pills and Progesterone injections. Unfortunately the transfer wasn't successful. I took a few months off for acupuncture and a mental health reboot, then transferred our remaining normal embryo. For that cycle, Dr. Chiware offered to have us add Lupron, Lovenox, Prednisone and baby aspirin in addition to Estrace and Progesterone. (I'd been taking a prenatal multi and Metformin for PCOS all along.) We chose to go with all the 'extra' meds except Lovenox, whose side effects scared us. We were fortunate that this transfer yielded a pregnancy--we're over the moon to now be 18 weeks.
How competent was Tendai Chiware at LGBTQ care?
As a lesbian couple, we felt respected from start to finish in our every interaction with Dr. Chiware and with Genesis. Not once did any staff member (from receptionist to lab tech to nurse to doctor) inquire about a "husband"--we just showed up to Genesis as ourselves, and considering the extreme stress of IVF, that meant the world.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The nurses were uniformly attentive, compassionate and patient. They returned our calls quickly and were generous with their time in answering all of our questions. We never felt rushed off the phone. They never made us feel that our concerns were trivial, and despite the fact that there seem to have been many nurses on staff, there were never any miscommunications about my protocol. Shout-outs to Marina, Tzivia, Jen, Irene, Christina (ultrasound tech), Gail (embryology lab), and Kathy (receptionist). When we got our good news, all the nurses called us together and congratulated us--it was really a beautiful moment.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
As a whole, the team at Genesis seems to really enjoy its work and genuinely care about patients. There's a family-type vibe. During our time at Genesis, they had ongoing IT issues with their email system. We don't understand why this couldn't have been remedied more quickly. Morning monitoring at the Forest Hills office moves like a well-oiled machine--I almost never waited more than a few minutes, and was sometimes even the only patient there. That said, beware that the hours at that site are extremely early. There were 2 times during bad weather when the ultrasound tech (there's only 1 on staff at a time at Forest Hills) did not show up to work and patients weren't notified prior. This led to multiple patients waiting, frustrated, while I called the nurses' line. We were met with plenty of compassion and regret, but we're still not sure if Genesis has amended its morning monitoring communication system so that patients who are expected will receive alerts in the event of sudden closure. PLEASE NOTE, this issue should not reflect on Dr. Chiware whatsoever. Also, if you use Bay Parkway as your monitoring site, know that it's much more bustling, with more staff, which makes it unlikely that this would occur there. Lastly, be aware that while Genesis has multiple locations for monitoring and consultations, procedures (ERAs, SHGs, retrievals, transfers) are only done at Bay Parkway. For us, this meant renting a car to drive to all of the above. If you're located closer to there, you're good to go.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Tendai Chiware at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Retrieval, including 1st transfer: $12,225 Surgery Center fee (for retrieval): $1000 2nd transfer: $2800 PGT for 6 embryos (sent to Igenomix, a partner of Genesis): $1250 ERA: $700, but this will depend upon your insurance Sperm storage (6 months): $300, $50/mo refunded for any unused months Embryo storage: can't recall Monitoring: free on my insurance Copays for seeing Dr. Chiware: $40 copay on my insurance SHG: can't recall ;( Ultrasounds: $80 copay on my insurance IVF meds: would've been about $5000 had we not found ways to, err, circumvent some of the traditional purchasing avenues Trips to 7-11, across the street from morning monitoring: PRICELESS Keep in mind, these numbers aren't inclusive of everything, and certainly could vary widely depending upon whether you have fertility coverage.
Describe Tendai Chiware's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
She suggested that since our 2 normal embryos were both highly graded, we avoid transferring both at once in case they yielded quadruplets or triplets. We are infinitely grateful for this advice--since our first cycle failed, if we'd used both embryos on it, there's a strong possibility we could've lost both. It was out of the question financially for us to do another retrieval.
How competent was Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine at LGBTQ care?
As mentioned in another section, Genesis was the cream of the crop when it comes to LGBTQ competency. We were accepted as married lesbians from the get-go, and even more impressively, various staff members managed to remember that I (the patient) am married to another woman, and they'd ask how my wife was doing.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Gail was the one responsible for coordinating the move of our donor sperm from our first clinic to Genesis. The process was overwhelming on our first clinic's end, but Gail reassured us throughout, and met us with warmth and excitement when we finally dragged that ugly beige tank out of the elevator at Genesis. Our first clinic put up lots of red tape when it came to taking our sperm to another place; Gail was having none of that. ;)
Brooklyn
I love that there are so many offices [Genesis Fertility & Reproductive Medicine] with various office hours for monitoring, which helped my stress level about being late for work. The clinic is great with returning phone calls. The billing department was thorough with going through the costs of the cycle. However, they were not thorough with collecting the payment. I did not know when I was supposed to pay and it wasn't until the day of my egg retrieval that I approached them about payment.
I first visited Dr. Chiware two months after deciding to stop seeing my previous fertility doctor. At that point, my partner and I were skeptical about fertility clinics and their motives. However, from the moment we walked into Dr. Chiware's office, my feelings of doubt were abated. She made us feel relaxed and reassured that we were in capable hands by being genuine and sincere. Whenever my partner and I meet with Dr. Chiware, we never feel rushed or disappointed. She takes her time to make sure we completely understand the treatment plan by going through charts and records; making sure to explain any risks involved and answering any questions that we may have about anything. We feel 100% confident in Dr. Chiware as our fertility doctor.
I would advise a prospective patient of Tendai Chiware, M.D. is to stay the course, and trust the process. She knows what she is doing.
Dr. Chiware treated me and my partner exceptionally well. She and the clinic made us feel extremely comfortable from the moment we walked into the office. As an unmarried, lesbian woman over the age of 40, I didn't feel judged or pressured to make any decisions. Dr. Chiware, was thorough and transparent while being warm and sincere.
The nursing staff were efficient, warm, and caring.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I love that there are so many offices with various office hours for monitoring, which helped my stress level about being late for work. The clinic is great with returning phone calls. The billing department was thorough with going through the costs of the cycle. However, they were not thorough with collecting the payment. I did not know when I was supposed to pay and it wasn't until the day of my egg retrieval that I approached them about payment.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Genesis has multiple locations across the city and Long Island with varying office hours which makes it convenient for work schedules. I only went to locations in Queens and Long Island and I was seen right away.
Brooklyn

[Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross was] Very strict about single embryo transfer. Multiple embryos were not offered. Maybe because I had 3 children already and my age was 36...She was very nice and gave me tons of information. She answered every single question and was ALWAYS available via email or phone to talk. I remember her saying to my husband and I "You will get pregnant, it's just a matter of when." Eventually after a failed cycle and then a cancelled cycle (follicles did not grow enough), I finally became pregnant with my one frozen embryo that was left.
[The nurses at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine are] Knowledgeable, friendly and always available...They had very early times so I was able to get in before work, as early as 5 am. Multiple locations made it convenient as well...Dr. Grazi who was the doc on call the day of my transfer. He did an amazing job and reassured me that everything would be fine...
How was your experience with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I started the IVF process at age 36 to try for my 4th baby (after tying my tubes). I originally saw Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross for my IVF consultation. She was very nice and gave me tons of information. She answered every single question and was ALWAYS available via email or phone to talk. I remember her saying to my husband and I "You will get pregnant, it's just a matter of when." Eventually after a failed cycle and then a cancelled cycle (follicles did not grow enough), I finally became pregnant with my one frozen embryo that was left. The transfer was done by Dr. Grazi who was the doc on call the day of my transfer. He did an amazing job and reassured me that everything would be fine. My daughter was born last month (my current age = 37) (she was born at 31 weeks & 6 days) as a preemie, but all is well. I would like to thank Dr. Ross, Dr. Grazi, Dr. Smizer (who delivered my girl via c section) and all of the doctors at Genesis for their teamwork, friendly service and genuine care during my IVF process. If I had to do it again I would definitely choose Genesis. Frozen Embryo Transfer June 2019 Success! Baby Girl Born 12/31/19.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Listen carefully and take notes. Breathe and know that you are in good hands. Don't be afraid to reach out to any doctor here.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Katherine Melzer Ross used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Fresh embryo transfer, then frozen. Used progesterone suppositories, gonal f, cetrotide, ovidrel trigger shot, estradiol.
Knowledgeable, friendly and always available
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
They had very early times so I was able to get in before work, as early as 5 am. Multiple locations made it convenient as well. Early bird gets the worm
Describe the costs associated with your care under Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
My insurance covered 85% of the costs. I paid less than $500 for meds. Storage fees for frozen sperm were included
Describe Katherine Melzer Ross's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Brooklyn

Dr Grazi always took time to patiently and clearly explain everything to us. We were always encouraged to ask questions, and never felt rushed. His kind and gentle demeanor always put us at ease. He is very professional, yet has the unique ability to relate to his patients on a personal level.... With his incredible medical knowledge and kind demeanor, Dr Grazi was determined that our dream become a reality. Infertility is physically and emotionally challenging in so many ways.
The clinic [Genesis Fertility & Reproductive Med] is clean and organized with an efficient staff who are easy and pleasant to work with. Morning monitoring runs smoothly and quickly. However, if you need to be monitored over a weekend, be there as soon as they open. Otherwise, the wait time is extremely long.... All the nurses are helpful, friendly and easy to talk to. They are always available to answer any question or concern.... we worked together with the billing department who were very reasonable to deal with.
How was your experience with Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
The extraordinary care we received under Dr. Grazi is hard to put into words. With his incredible medical knowledge and kind demeanor, Dr Grazi was determined that our dream become a reality. Infertility is physically and emotionally challenging in so many ways. Throughout our journey, Dr. Grazi was always there for us. We feel ever so blessed to have been cared for, by such a wonderful doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Don't hesitate to ask questions, Dr. Grazi is happy to answer!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Richard Grazi used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
IUI: letrozole or clomid, frequent monitoring, Ovidrel trigger IVF: Stimulation-Gonal F, Menopur, Cetrotide, daily monitoring, Lupron trigger Fertilization- half my eggs were fertilized via conventional ivf, half were ICSI fertilized. We did a freeze all cycle so that the embryos could be PGS tested.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic is clean and organized with an efficient staff who are easy and pleasant to work with. Morning monitoring runs smoothly and quickly. However, if you need to be monitored over a weekend, be there as soon as they open. Otherwise, the wait time is extremely long.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
IVF is costly. Our insurance did not cover any fertility treatment. However, we worked together with the billing department who were very reasonable to deal with.
Describe Richard Grazi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The topic was barely discussed as it was obvious from the doctor's end and from our end that we would only transfer one embryo.
Brooklyn

Dr. Ross took the time to respond to emails I sent her with questions or concerns. She also called me a number of times during the cycle to explain what to expect on an egg retrieval and called me both times personally to tell me the results of the PGS testing.... My frustration though was that I never saw her ONCE after the initial consultations to start IVF. I did most of my monitoring at Genesis in Staten Island where I saw a nurse practitioner for ultrasound and bloodwork.
Clinic was clean and organized. Weekday monitoring was available in Staten Island also which was more convenient to us in NJ. First come, first serve on the monitoring, so my husband and I would get there early so that we didn't have to wait. We weren't in there more than a half hour every monitoring.... Genesis offered a military discount of 25% which helped since we had no fertility coverage. Cost of an IVF w discount was approximately $3500.
Dr Ross is a very compassionate, caring doctor. My husband and I were very impressed with her from the start. My frustration though was that I never saw her ONCE after the initial consultations to start IVF. I did most of my monitoring at Genesis in Staten Island where I saw a nurse practitioner for ultrasound and bloodwork. I went to Brooklyn Surgery Center for 2 egg retrievals in which 2 different doctors performed them and not Dr Ross. Although I really liked Dr Ross, I felt like I never saw her for any of the treatment. I greatly appreciated her taking the time to respond to emails and call me but I would have liked to actually see her...particularly to perform the retrievals. If I did IVF again, I am not sure I would go to Genesis due to this. We live in NJ so we had to drive to Staten Island and Brooklyn for all the monitoring and retrievals. So not sure it was worth it in the long run for all that driving to never see the doctor we chose in the first place.
Don't expect her to do all your retrievals, if any. Not sure if she would be the one doing the transfer, as we sadly never made it to that step.
Dr Ross had me do mini IVF ( low stimulation) cycles. She chose this due to my age and diminished ovarian reserve along with us paying all of the IVF costs out of pocket. She had me on 100 mg of Clomid daily and 150 IU of Menopur every other day on the first cycle. After only getting 2 follicles, and ending up retrieving only 1 egg on the first cycle, she upped the Menopur to 150 IU daily for round 2.
I wish that I had a primary nurse coordinator as I know they have at other fertility clinics. The nurses were all very nice over the phone but my daily call with instructions was from different nurses.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic was clean and organized. Weekday monitoring was available in Staten Island also which was more convenient to us in NJ. First come, first serve on the monitoring, so my husband and I would get there early so that we didn't have to wait. We weren't in there more than a half hour every monitoring. We didnt really go to the Genesis Bayside office other than 1 weekend monitoring and the initial consultation and IVF training.
Well oiled machine. First come, first serve. Went to Staten Island for all but one monitoring session that fell on the weekend.
Genesis offered a military discount of 25% which helped since we had no fertility coverage. Cost of an IVF w discount was approximately $3500. If we had at least 3 cycles, then one transfer was included. Retrieval was done at the Brooklyn Surgery Center in the same building as Genesis Bayside Parkway office. The cost to the Surgery Center was $1000 per retrieval. We also did PGS testing where there was a one time laboratory cost of $1875 (after discount) and the genetic lab charged $250 per embryo plus shipping
Dr Ross stated that she would only transfer one embryo if we PGS tested, which we did due to having recurrent miscarriage due to chromosonal abnormalities.
Brooklyn

Dr. Grazi is an exceptional doctor. He went above and beyond with caring for us during our time doing IVF. I always felt cared for and never rushed during our appointments with him. Dr. Grazi would personally call me with both good and bad results and to check in with me to see how I was feeling after set backs or disappointments. He was always a ray of hope and encouragement, even when I felt the most doubt. He has truly been a blessing in our journey with trying to conceive...book up quickly so setting an appt in advance is advisable... It was recommended we freeze the sperm (which is something our previous IVF doctor outside of Genesis never informed us of as an option).
Overall, I had a positive experience with the nursing staff at Genesis. They were always precise with when they had to call me about medication procedures and were detailed in their messages. They were there and on call at any time when I had questions about medications or how I was feeling. They are professional and knowledgeable...Monitoring was very early in the morning between 5:30-6:30am at the Queens location. This was great for me getting to work on time or actually very early on monitoring days, but I do wish that the monitoring hours there extended a little later.
Dr. Grazi is an exceptional doctor. He went above and beyond with caring for us during our time doing IVF. I always felt cared for and never rushed during our appointments with him. Dr. Grazi would personally call me with both good and bad results and to check in with me to see how I was feeling after set backs or disappointments. He was always a ray of hope and encouragement, even when I felt the most doubt. He has truly been a blessing in our journey with trying to conceive,
Don't hesitate to see Dr. Grazi and book your appointment sooner than later for two reasons: 1. time is everything when it comes to fertility so with all of the tests and procedures you may need to go through prior to starting treatment, it's always better to start sooner than later. And 2. Dr. Grazi and the other doctors at Genesis book up quickly so setting an appt in advance is advisable.
Dr. Grazi was always very caring and kind during each of our appointments. We knew we were in good hands with Dr. Grazi from the very beginning. The first consultation we had with him, he started off by asking my husband and I how we met and how long we've known each other. He took the time to thoroughly explain the process of what we were going through, what the potential outcomes could be, and the reasoning behind medication decisions and other decisions along each step through IVF. He is a very compassionate doctor whose heart is truly in his job.
My husband and I did IVF with ICSI and this was recommended due to male factor infertility (low count, poor motility and poor morphology). Because the count of sperm was so low plus quality and motility being an issue, ICSI was necessary to ensure the best results. I knew this would be advised and would yield the best outcome (based on my own research) so it was a good feeling when that was confirmed. It was recommended we freeze the sperm (which is something our previous IVF doctor outside of Genesis never informed us of as an option). Since my husband and I chose to do PGS genetic testing (it was discussed w us by Dr. Grazi but never forced on us and rather just presented as a personal choice of ours), this meant that we had to go with a frozen transfer instead of a fresh transfer. During the first egg retrieval in May, we retrieved 11 eggs, 9 of which fertilized initially but then only having one become a blastocyst on day 6. This embryo was tested and came back genetically abnormal (i.e.,VERY likely to result in a miscarriage if transferred). The second retrieval in July yielded better results with 11 eggs, 8 of which fertilized initially, and then 3 day 5 blastocysts and 1 day 7 embryo. Out of the 4 embryos tested all 4 came back as genetically normal. We transferred our best quality embryo (6AA) in August and I am now pregnant with our baby girl!
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I love that Genesis has multiple satellite locations. The one I went to in Queens was convenient and the monitoring work was always quick and efficient. Although on the weekends, when I had to go to the main Bay Ridge location, there was more of an extensive wait time which I wish there wasn't. Sometimes I would wait over an hour just to have my blood drawn.
Monitoring was very early in the morning between 5:30-6:30am at the Queens location. This was great for me getting to work on time or actually very early on monitoring days, but I do wish that the monitoring hours there extended a little later. On weekends, it was always dreadful to wait around at the Bay Parkway location.
Luckily for us, GHI covered 75% of our IVF treatment. A small military discount was also applied, as my husband has served and is currently a reservist, which helped with the out of pocket expense.
I believe going with what the research shows is best practice which is why I agree with Genesis' approach to eSET.
Brooklyn

she [Dr. Melzer Ross] referred me to another practice, who she said she "didnt really believe in their controversial methods" but we had basically hit the end of the road. Then she said well, let's do a hysteroscopy, just to see, maybe IVF with Lovenox. As a medical clinician, the thought of trial and error guessing with my already sick body and emotionally fragile psyche, was too much to bear and I will not be returning. IMO, if you have infertility with other medical complications, Genesis is not the place to go. Good luck to everyo
All was great [with the nurses at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] until d&c day, when not one person even spoke to me or looked me in the eyes...all the ladies at the SI clinic were so nice and understanding. Only note, please offer water to patients after taking 13 vials of blood. Ladies, bring water and something sugary if you are having bloodwork done, bc they have nothing...Receptionist at Brooklyn clinic was a beast
Dr. Ross was our second opinion, and unbeknownst to me, I was already pregnant on my own when I saw her. She followed up with my bloodwork, made herself available and seemed interested in my case. However, when I lost the embryo at 6 weeks, things changed. She told me that she felt my autoimmune dz was causing my recurrent miscarriages, and she had exhausted all the tests to find out what was actually wrong. Then she referred me to another practice, who she said she "didnt really believe in their controversial methods" but we had basically hit the end of the road. Then she said well, let's do a hysteroscopy, just to see, maybe IVF with Lovenox. As a medical clinician, the thought of trial and error guessing with my already sick body and emotionally fragile psyche, was too much to bear and I will not be returning. IMO, if you have infertility with other medical complications, Genesis is not the place to go. Good luck to everyone.
All was great until d&c day, when not one person even spoke to me or looked me in the eyes.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Receptionist at Brooklyn clinic was a beast, but all the ladies at the SI clinic were so nice and understanding. Only note, please offer water to patients after taking 13 vials of blood. Ladies, bring water and something sugary if you are having bloodwork done, bc they have nothing.
Thankfully covered by insurance.
Staten Island

She [Dr.Tendai Chiware] took the time to review my history and adjust my medications to try to increase my chances...spends time to ensure all of my questions are answered and I get the care that I need...I’ve only met with her in person once because she took over for my previous doctor when he moved out of state...She is alway very responsive via email
The whole nursing staff [of Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] is friendly and compassionate. They are the people that helped me stay positive and continue to return for treatment...[cost] Between $775-$2000...everyone is really personable and there are a couple of satellite locations for monitoring which makes things flexible...
I’ve only met with her in person once because she took over for my previous doctor when he moved out of state, but she did a good job at making me feel welcomed and in good care. She took the time to review my history and adjust my medications to try to increase my chances. She is alway very responsive via email.
Be patient and trust the doctor’s advice and course of action.
I felt like a human unlike some of the other facilities I’ve been to. Everyone at Genesis is friendly and caring. The doctor definitely spends time to ensure all of my questions are answered and I get the care that I need. I believe the doctor followed the right steps to help me conceive even though I have not been successful
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: No, but Nurse Brittany is amazing)
The whole nursing staff is friendly and compassionate. They are the people that helped me stay positive and continue to return for treatment
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The strengths are everyone is really personable and there are a couple of satellite locations for monitoring which makes things flexible. They are also open 7 days a week even on holidays. This is a big plus because I’ve had to skip treatments at my previous facility because of my ovulation falling on a holiday.
Between $775-$2000

2016 - 2018, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross] was very kind, attentive, and personable. She is very knowledgeable and great at explaining things. She diagnosed an issue others had missed, and was flexible in her approach...Did unmedicated IUI, did medicated IUI with letrozole and trigger, and eventually did one round of IVF...Dr. Ross read my chart before I came in and followed up personally on certain test results.
Did unmedicated IUI, did medicated IUI with letrozole and trigger, and eventually did one round of IVF [at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine]...It is really hit or miss [with the nurses], and there seems to be a lot of turnover. The nurse I saw for monitoring most times was amazing, remembered me, was gentle, kind, rooting for me. Other nurses, including some who did IUI, didn't remember me at all, were rough, said rude things, or didn't communicate well.
She was very kind, attentive, and personable. She is very knowledgeable and great at explaining things. She diagnosed an issue others had missed, and was flexible in her approach. Not a weakness of hers but while she was out on leave, her replacement was not my favorite doctor, and this doctor ended up performing significant portions of my treatment.
Just understand the schedule of all the offices, and despite the satellite offices, understand how much time you will be forced to go to the main office.
I was really impressed by the demeanor of the doctors, and that Dr. Ross read my chart before I came in and followed up personally on certain test results. Ultimately though, I still felt like I was a number and that they just had a protocol that they follow with everyone, especially when Dr. Ross was out.
It is really hit or miss, and there seems to be a lot of turnover. The nurse I saw for monitoring most times was amazing, remembered me, was gentle, kind, rooting for me. Other nurses, including some who did IUI, didn't remember me at all, were rough, said rude things, or didn't communicate well.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The satellite clinics can make monitoring easier. The main doctors are really kind and thoughtful people, who seem to really listen and take the time for you. It can be a grueling process and when you actually see the doctors, it's always a good experience. The nurses are hit or miss, and I ended up having to spend a lot of time going to the main office, which was a big commute for me. I don't feel that my IVF retrieval cycle was handled in the best way possible, but it was a new doctor subbing in, so hopefully she is no longer with the practice.
Some days it was packed and others it was calm and just me. This could definitely be done better. It was also up to patients to track their place in line, ect - which works with some people and not with others.
IUIs ranged from 3000-5000 depending on protocol they quoted something like 12000 for a round of IVF (plus meds) but in reality it was way more out of pocket for the whole process
An issue for me was that I think two different doctors handling my care had different thoughts, Dr. Ross suggested multiple, while a doctor that actually did my transfer suggested only one. In the future, I plan to move forward with two, as was Ross's original advice.
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I have received conflicting information from different nurses or had to follow-up because some information was unclear. There were a few times when medication was called in to the wrong place or there wasn't a discussion of where it should be sent.

2015 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Grazi treated me with care, compassion and warmth. You will never feel like a number. Dr. Grazi treats everybody with care. He becomes like family when you’re done with him whether you were successful or not. ... With every visit he gives you his undivided attention. He gives you his time and care and speaks to you with warmth. He understands what you’re going through and tries his hardest to help you in every way possible. he’s happy when you’re happy and sad when you’re sad.
It’s very clean, organized, they [Genesis Fertility] know what you’re here for and they know what protocol you’re doing. All the nurses greet you with a smile like they know you from a long time ago. They know your name and birthday without you telling them. They treat you like family. All of them are warm and caring. ... [monitoring appointments] Not such a long wait. I went at 7 till I was done blood and sonogram it took an hour. You can go from 6 till 9 so it fits perfectly with your schedule
Dr. Grazi is the most intelligent, caring,compassionate doctor I’ve ever met. With every visit he gives you his undivided attention. He gives you his time and care and speaks to you with warmth. He understands what you’re going through and tries his hardest to help you in every way possible. he’s happy when you’re happy and sad when you’re sad. I did IVF with Dr. Grazi in 2015 and I saw him a few times during my cycle . Dr. Grazi did my retrieval because he was on call that day. He answered every question I had and every single email I sent. He was very gentle and encouraging. Dr. Grazi did my frozen embryo transfer and we were successful with a positive pregnancy. After i had my baby we found out we have a genetic mutation in the family, so I couldn’t use my stored embryos for future pregnancies. Dr. Grazi worked very hard to find the mutation. We had to use a lab in Ohio to test for the mutation. Not only did he work hard to figure out where to test for this mutation but he got many genetic specialists involved in my situation. It took up a lot of his time and effort but he never gave up and he was able to find the mutation. He even wrote a letter to my insurance to cover the cost of the genetic testing . Genetic testings can be very expensive. I did IVF again in 2017 and a different doctor did my retrieval . All the doctors are amazing and caring. They want what’s best for you. Dr. Grazi did my frozen transfer and we got a positive pregnancy but unfortunately i miscarried a few days later. Dr. Grazi called a few times to check up on me and held my hand and cried with me. If there’s anybody in the world that was born to be an infertility doctor, it’s Dr. Grazi. He is in it for the right reasons, to help couples fulfill their dreams of parenthood. Dr. Grazi did another transfer and it was successful. I’m now 10 weeks pregnant. Dr. Grazi knows what he’s doing just trust him and follow all his instructions. You can’t go wrong with this doctor. We are very grateful to him . He’s an angel sent from heaven!! Whether you’re successful with Dr. Grazi or not you have to understand that it’s all from god. Doctors are just god’s Helpers . In my opinion it’s rude to write a bad review just because you weren’t successful with a doctor and you want to let out your angry on him. Trust in Dr. Grazi and believe in him. He becomes your friend at the end and you’ll always have a special connection with him because he helped you have your baby.
Follow his instructions, trust him because he’s very experienced in his field
I did IVF twice with 2 successful pregnancies. We did hormone injections to stimulate eggs for retrieval. After I got pregnant, I took estrogen pills and progesterone injections everyday.
The nurses at Genesis Fertility are amazing. They called everyday with test results and instructions. They’re very clear with giving instructions. If you have any questions you can always call them even if it’s an emergency. They are very caring , compassionate and they understand how you feel.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Genesis fertility is the best clinic you’ll ever see. It’s very clean, organized, they know what you’re here for and they know what protocol you’re doing. All the nurses greet you with a smile like they know you from a long time ago. They know your name and birthday without you telling them. They treat you like family. All of them are warm and caring.
My insurance didn’t pay for anything. It costed me around $15,000 just for cycle and transfer around $3,000 and pregnancy scans $200 each scan
Single embryo transfer brings higher success rate for pregnancy.
Brooklyn

We started at Genesis [with Dr. David Kulak] after 3 months of letrozole with timed intercourse and 12 months of unprotected relations. Gensis did extensive bloodwork on both me and my husband in the beginning, as well as a sonogram and a hysterosalpingogram. We went straight to 3 injectable IUI's using Follistim and Ovidrel. The first IUI cycle was stimmed for approximately 8 days using Follistim. Our dosage decreased overtime from 75, to 50, to 62.50 every other day. We triggered with Ovidrel 250 units on cycle day 12.
How was your experience with David Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
We were under the direct care of Dr Kulak for nearly a year. In this time we we underwent several rounds each of clomid and injectable IUIs and a few rounds of IVF, all unsuccessful attempts. We had carefully chosen Genesis primary for the following reasons: they were in-network and they were less than a mile from our house. Our cousins had gone through IVF at another clinic and had mentioned the daunting treks they went through every morning and how their doctors had poor bedside manners. We hoped for the best and were pleasantly surprised when we found that not only was Dr Kulak tremendously patient and kind, he was also very supportive throughout the process. One IVF cycle had to be cancelled and he moved mountains to clear a room so we could convert it into an IUI same day. Another time he went out of his way for us was around the point of 6 failed attempts. My husband had trouble making a sample and it caused a huge fight between us since as everyone who goes through this process knows everything is timed exactly to the minute. When we hadn't shown up for our IUI due to my husband, the doctor called to mediate (yes, no joke) and help us find another solution. Dr Kulak is young, approachable, and generally very warm. After a year at this clinic we decided to leave to get a second opinion as he didn't haven't much experience with patients with unexplained infertility but we still have positive feelings toward the clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of David Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
He comes across as spaced out because his nature is to be very calm and relaxed. Don't fret, he's a genius. And don't be afraid to ask questions- he will even send you research and statistics if you request it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with David Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Every patient at Genesis is considered like a family member of the staff. Not only did the nurses and doctors ALWAYS remember our names, nicknames, etc., but the phlebotomist nurses always seek to find positive things to talk about with patients. This was especially helpful for me as I was deathly afraid of needles. Knowing I had a phlebotomist who was kind and trustworthy made the process that much easier.
Describe the protocols David Kulak used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
We started at Genesis after 3 months of letrozole with timed intercourse and 12 months of unprotected relations. Gensis did extensive bloodwork on both me and my husband in the beginning, as well as a sonogram and a hysterosalpingogram. We went straight to 3 injectable IUI's using Follistim and Ovidrel. The first IUI cycle was stimmed for approximately 8 days using Follistim. Our dosage decreased overtime from 75, to 50, to 62.50 every other day. We triggered with Ovidrel 250 units on cycle day 12. The IUI was performed was on 8/17/17 using a fresh sample and we had 3 follicles, 19, 13, and 10.5. We then used 50mg progesterone bullet suppositories. Our second IUI was stimmed for 7 days using Follistim 75 units then triggered with Ovidrel 250 units on cycle day 12. The IUI was performed was performed on 9/13/17 using a fresh sample and we had one follicle at 17. We then used 50mg progesterone bullet suppositories. For our third IUI, the doctor tried adjusting our dosage, again using Follistim. Our dosages were 75, 87.5, and then 100. We triggered with 250 units of Ovidrel. The IUI was performed on 10/11/17 with a fresh sample and we had two follicles, one at 15.5 and one at 14. We then used 50mg progesterone bullet suppositories. The following month while prepping for IVF we leveraged Clomid (50 units) and practiced time intercourse. We got 4 follicles, 18, 13, 9.5, and 10.5. Our first round of Fresh Cycle IVF began on 11/15.The cycle started with 200 Follistim and consistent 75 units of Menopur. Our Follistim dosage increased every other day by 50 units of until we ended at 350. This cycle was cancelled due to generating only about just one follicle at 16 with several 10 or under. Needless to day, we converted to IUI. After approximately 12 days of Follistim, Menopur, and Citrotide, we triggered. Our dosage for Follistim began at 350ui, menopur 150 units. Almost every other day the doctor requested us to change our dosage. For example, 12/22 we started at 350 Follistim, on 12/24 we went down to 275, and then on 12/25 we jumped back to 300. We came in for blood work 3 times in the first week of stims and daily the week leading up to trigger. At the final scan, we generated 19 follicles, with 4 of them mature (18-21.5 size). Our retrieval produced 18 eggs and 11 fertilized. We did a 5 day freeze transfer and found out that they performed ICSI on 8 of the embryos. We put in two embryos (5AA and 5BA) and chose to froze the remaining which were 4AB, 4BA, 3BB, 3BB, and 2BB according to their grading system. Afterwards we used progesterone suppositories 200mg and took green estradiol until our blood test.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Luchia)
Overall the nursing staff at Genesis is superb. They are warm, conscientious, and professional. Luchia (IUI nurse) and Joanne (IVF lead) stood out the most for us in our time at there. Luchia stayed late to help us figure out a last minute solution for one of our almost missed IUIs. She is sweet and has a nurturing demeanor which I appreciated greatly. Joanne was our main point of contact once we began IVF. She conducted a private course for me and my husband on a Sunday (her day off) and even stayed to answer questions we both had and walk him through mixing the injections. She is an all-star nurse! We did have one negative experience with one of the nurses, Nelli, which we did report to the doctor. In performing the IUI procedure she "shoved" the catheter inside of me without even looking. I mentioned it hadn't felt like that in the previous IUI's and she screamed at me to shut up. It's possible it is her personality, but I have also witnessed her aggressiveness with other patients. I would recommend to any potential patients to request NOT to have her on their team to avoid the unprofessional attitude.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Genesis' greatest strength is the demeanor of its staff. From the front desk to the assistant coordinators, most staff members are very pleasant, outgoing, and friendly to all. The point of contention we found with the clinic was that they had not had much experience with couples with our diagnosis of unexplained infertility. It would suit them well to hire a doctor with this expertise to best cater toward their patients needs.
Monitoring appointments are mornings 7-8 AM and are literally a scene of herded cattle. Genesis does not have enough seating room for their patients which leads several patients to sit on the floor in the hallway until their name is called. Patients are called on a first-come basis.
Describe the costs associated with your care under David Kulak at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Since fertility treatments are covered (somewhat) by my insurance, we luckily did not have to pay an-arm-and-a-leg. We did however get large bills of 500-1,000 dollars at a time. Genesis has a rule in place that prevents any patient from going into the clinic (for even monitoring) unless their full balance is paid.
Describe David Kulak's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Our doctor did not consult us prior to the day of the transfer regarding the number of embryos we would transfer. When the day came around we told them we'd like to put in 2 and he strongly advised against it due to potential complications. The clinic in general only allows 1 embryo transfer at a time as they are a proponent of singleton pregnancies, which I guess is where their greatest success comes from.
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Overall we had a very positive experience at Genesis. However when we moved on to IVF, the IVF nurses were not readily available. Instead, all of their calls were mostly screened by their assistant, Toby. She has a rough-around-the-edges attitude which made it somewhat impossible to get our questions answered at times so we ended up just emailing the doctor directly. Toby also was very slow in sending prescriptions to pharmacies, which resulted in 4 cycles of us having to start by borrowing medication from the clinic since she did not call in the prescriptions in time.
Brooklyn

Most of my cycles [with Dr. Melzer Ross] were without any treatment - just monitoring and then a canceled cycle. I did one Clomid cycle which resulted in a “maybe” mature enough follicle on the side that’s not blocked but that cycle did not work...I had 5 canceled IUI cycles because I ovulated on my blocked side. She seemed bothered with answering my questions and explaining what had happened when I had “leftover follicles” on the side they told me I had no follicles in the previous month.
The monitoring staff [at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] were nice, but the nurses that called with results were pretty rude most if the time and did not show any compassion whatsoever. They had no explanations as to why my cycle was canceled month after month. It’s just “what the doctor decided”. The nurse they did my one IUI was nice, but she was the exception...I think the doctors have a lot of knowledge and seem to care initially but there’s no follow up or guidance. In my case procedures were only changed because I asked what I can do next
Initial she was very encouraging and engaged. But I’ve the diagnosis was done she didn’t seem to care much about anything. The nurses did everything. From monitoring to calling and the IUI itself. Dr Ross was available by email but seemed annoyed with answering questions. In the end she didn’t seem to care about the outcome or adjusting my treatments although I had diminished ovarian reserve so clearly time was an issue.
Don’t expect to see your doctor during treatments. When you go for monitoring in that main office, make sure you know how many people are ahead of you. They are very unorganized and skipped me twice because the receptionist crossed me off the list before I was seen
Especially during the first visit Dr Ross was very warm and welcoming. She explained the procedures well and made sure I understood everything. Over time she sheeted to get more annoyed with treating me. I had 5 canceled IUI cycles because I ovulated on my blocked side. She seemed bothered with answering my questions and explaining what had happened when I had “leftover follicles” on the side they told me I had no follicles in the previous month.
Most of my cycles were without any treatment - just monitoring and then a canceled cycle. I did one Clomid cycle which resulted in a “maybe” mature enough follicle on the side that’s not blocked but that cycle did not work.
The monitoring staff were nice, but the nurses that called with results were pretty rude most if the time and did not show any compassion whatsoever. They had no explanations as to why my cycle was canceled month after month. It’s just “what the doctor decided”. The nurse they did my one IUI was nice, but she was the exception
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
During monitoring you won’t get any information. They won’t even let you look at the monitor - nor the print outs. Everything is a big secret until the nurse calls you later in the afternoon. The main location seemed fault unorganized at times during monitoring hours and they could benefit from a receptionist that’s a bit more on top of things - especially on the weekends. I think the doctors have a lot of knowledge and seem to care initially but there’s no follow up or guidance. In my case procedures were only changed because I asked what I can do next
I think an IUI was about $700 My insurance covered the dr visits and monitoring
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I had several canceled cycles but one in particular seemed odd. My previous cycle was cancelled because there were only follicles on my blocked side. However the next cycle had leftover follicles in the side that wasn’t blocked. This just didn’t make sense to me. When I asked the doctor she laughed and said she doesn’t know what happened.
Brooklyn
Dr. Ross was a beacon of hope in my infertility journey. I had previously been under the care of a different physician in a different clinic who made me feel like a number. Dr. Ross is the exact opposite. She has such a wonderful presence and such positivity. She explains in great detail, with sketches and everything, about your treatment plans and procedures, etc. She is compassionate and understanding. i never felt forced to do anything and I left every appointment with a clear understanding.
Genesis couldn’t be better. They have many locations for you to see the doctors, monitoring, etc. They are open every day with a 24 hour emergency line, which I’ve had to use on occasion. It never took longer than 30 min for a call back. The staff is wonderful and their hours are great. You truly feel like you’re their only patient.... The nursing staff at Genesis is too wonderful for words. You can tell they truly love being there. They are accessible always and they are all around pleasant to be around. I looked forward to seeing my nurse for my 6am blood draws and sonograms. They always relayed information thoroughly and promptly.
Enjoy her and listen. She’s a very knowledgeable doctor.
Dr. Ross is so thorough and caring when discussing and testing, results or treatment plans. Unlike other doctors, she cares in a way you feel like you’re her only patient and everything she does is for you.
I suffer from PCOS and my husband male factor. She was open to IUI during our initial consultation, but after further testing, she acknowledged the low success rate and suggested IVF. Since I don’t cycle normally, she needed to start me on Provera to induce. The protocol she used was moderate. The plan: grow as many great eggs as possible, without putting my body at risk for OHSS. As far as the single fresh embryo transfer - my age was the sole decision maker. One egg if you’re under 35.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Their monitoring schedule is so helpful. Depending on their location, they have different monitoring hours. They started as early as 5:30am for those who work very early and were as late as 8:00am. All monitoring results were given by early afternoon.
Infertility is covered with my insurance. Genesis is considered a Center of Excellence with them as well. Therefore, I had $0 copays in the office and small copays associated with the testing and medicine. All together, we spent about $300.
Because of my age, under 35, Dr Ross would only transfer one embryo.
Staten Island
He [Dr. Grazi] is a great doctor. I would email him about concerns I had And he would always address them by the end of the day. I felt comfortable and clam around him. He has a lot of patience. Just wish I was stop not getting pregnant and actually go to term...1st round IUI did 50mg of clomid. Ended in chemical pregnancy. Second cycle IUI did 50mg ended up not getting pregnant. 3rd round did 100mg of clomid,
The billing department needs more compassion and not to be so mean. They need really get their facts together before telling patients things will get covered and end up not being covered. Other then that I love this clinic [RMA]. You get free parking, nurses are all friendly, dr answers all and any questions you may have...The nurses usually knew who I was when I walked in. I didn't feel rushed and they always answered all my questions
He is a great doctor. I would email him about concerns I had And he would always address them by the end of the day. I felt comfortable and clam around him. He has a lot of patience. Just wish I was stop not getting pregnant and actually go to term.
To bring in any questions you may have so he can answer them.
1st round IUI did 50mg of clomid. Ended in chemical pregnancy. Second cycle IUI did 50mg ended up not getting pregnant. 3rd round did 100mg of clomid, didnt respond and did a stair stepper. Took 150mg of clomid then IUI and ended in chemical pregnancy
Very nice. Always return my calls in a timely manner
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The billing department needs more compassion and not to be so mean. They need really get their facts together before telling patients things will get covered and end up not being covered. Other then that I love this clinic. You get free parking, nurses are all friendly, dr answers all and any questions you may have.
Insurance covered a lot of my stuff I think. Still waiting to hear back.
Brooklyn

He [Dr. David Kulak] takes the time to explain things and contacts you often to see how you are doing. Great doctor...wondeful and knowledgeable. Is hands in and contact you with details and info as needed. He knows his info and is extremely compassionate and kind. Follows up often when you contact him or email him no matter the time...Gonal 350 and ovidrel for trigger
Genesis is a great facility the staff is wonderful and friendly and compassionate. They all address you by name from the minute you walk in to the minute you walk out. Love the staff. Love the doctors...Lucia [nurse] is wonderful and helpful...Dr kulak is wondeful and knowledgeable. Is hands in and contact you with details and info as needed. He knows his info and is extremely compassionate and kind. Follows up often when you contact him or email him no matter the time.
He is wonderful
Dr kulak was and is wonderful. He takes the time to explain things and contacts you often to see how you are doing. Great doctor.
Gonal 350 and ovidrel for trigger
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Lucia)
Lucia is wonderful and helpful.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Other then my deductible mostly covered so no issues.
Staten Island

Dr Grazi is truly one of a kind. I’ve seen many doctors with terrible bedside manners. He is the exact opposite. ... Always keeping you updated the minute he gets information and treating you with the utmost respect. ... Dr grazi had an excellent bedside manner. He is a kind person and you can feel it when you enter his office [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine]. ... Definitely use him if you want someone who is sensitive, efficient, educated and experienced.
The clinic [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] was great. Very clean, organized , everything ran smoothly. I almost Never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen by a nurse or doctor. The place is organized very well too. The waiting room had an element if privacy as well ... It [monitoring appointments] was always crowded but I never Waited too long. ... The staff was unbelievable. Kathy at the front desk was so personable and always greeted me by name and with a smile.
Dr Grazi is truly one of a kind. I’ve seen many doctors with terrible bedside manners. He is the exact opposite. Its almost too good to be true. He is an angel disguised as a doctor. Always keeping you updated the minute he gets information and treating you with the utmost respect.
Dr grazi had an excellent bedside manner. He is a kind person and you can feel it when you enter his office. He treated me with the utmost respect and sensitivity. I had A great experience with him. He’s also great at what he does - we got our desired results with no complications. Everything went smoothly and his staff was very accommodating and personable. They all know you by first name and greet you nicely. I’m gonna miss some of his staff now that I’m being transferred to my regular obgyn.
Dr grazi devised a personal plan exactly according to my needs. He doesn’t do the same thing for everyone. He really takes everything into consideration and gives you his time. My husbands sperm was not so great so he used icsi and later it proved that this was the correct decision.
The staff was unbelievable. Kathy at the front desk was so personable and always greeted me by name and with a smile. Marina was fantastic. I loved Walking in and talking to her about anything and everything. Toby was so helpful along the whole way and so educated.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic was great. Very clean, organized , everything ran smoothly. I almost Never waited more than 5 minutes to be seen by a nurse or doctor. The place is organized very well too. The waiting room had an element if privacy as well
It was always crowded but I never Waited too long. The bay parkway office has more patients than the staten island office.
I paid Out of pocket because we did family balancing. It was very expensive but well worth it.
He of course suggested a single embryo transfer when we were deciding if we wanted single or multiple. He gave us the facts. But he will never force anyone to do anything unless it was a health issue. We took his advice and did single but we will be back.

2010 - 2017, Successful
Whether we had succeeded or failed in accomplishing our objectives we would still recommend Dr. Grazi to be the doctor of your choosing since he was the only doctor that enabled us to get us through this most difficult crisis in our lives with the least amount of emotional, psychological, spiritual, ethical and financial stress that anyone has ever dream of...We started with an IVF procedure that made use of the meds-- Menopur and Bravelle to stimulate egg production.
The billing department [at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] was very helpful. Cost is negotiated if it is too high for the consumer. Financially this clinic is operated in a very business-like manner.They are very flexible at costs...The nursing staff was very attentive to all of our needs. They directed us on what we needed to do and when to do it. The service was always available 24 Hours per day... The only weakness I will make mention of is the fact that the time you wait can be long even though there may only be one patient before you...
Success in overcoming our infertility issues did not come immediately for us. I have heard that for some people it does come quickly; however, for us, it had become a very grueling experience which, required a major effort from both of us. We had consulted and were treated by many fertility specialists prior to discovering Dr. Grazi. All of them were very skilled, extremely knowledgeable, highly recommended and reputable, but none of them were anything like Dr. Grazi. Unique and special are only two of the many adjectives that truly describe his key attributes. For us Dr. Grazi was the only weapon we had to combat the grueling experience that we had undergone while going through our “ART” experience. Even though we owe our success to a “Higher Authority” (God the Creator), without, Dr. Grazi our “ART” experience would have been vastly different. Whether we had succeeded or failed in accomplishing our objectives we would still recommend Dr. Grazi to be the doctor of your choosing since he was the only doctor that enabled us to get us through this most difficult crisis in our lives with the least amount of emotional, psychological, spiritual, ethical and financial stress that anyone has ever dream of. Dr. Grazi was God’s answer to our prayers!
Trust his judgement, heed his advice and seriously consider his recommendations for he is truly a very remarkable doctor to be under the care of.
Dr. Richard Grazi is a unique and special doctor to be with. There is no other doctor like him in the field of infertility.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic's strengths lies in their cleanliness and orderly atmosphere. The facility and all of its furnishings ae completely new and very well cared for. The waiting room is furnished with a large flat screen television, which, gives the people the chance to unwind from the stress involved with the experience. Children are not allowed to be there since it is such a sensitive issue, which, also relieves the stress associated with going through the experience. We have been to clinics that are like a train station-- noisy and crowded; however this clinic is nothing at all like that. Each doctor has there own separate office and the layout of the clinic is very conducive to a stress-free environment. The waiting area is not lined with photographs of infants as was some of the other clinics we visited. The waiting area does not imply anything of a consumer product being sold or marketed. It clearly has only one element which says -- "Genesis Where Life Begins" -- which can be interpreted in different ways. When one goes to meet with the doctors or nurses they see time testimonials attached to the wall which all praise the good results they achieved while being a patient there. The only weakness I will make mention of is the fact that the time you wait can be long even though there may only be one patient before you.
An efficient well oiled machine. I had to be there at 6:30 AM if I wanted to get out quickly. This did not ruin my schedule.
The costs were fair and reasonable. The billing department was very helpful. Cost is negotiated if it is too high for the consumer. Financially this clinic is operated in a very business-like manner. It is excellent! They are very flexible at costs. There isn't a service performed that is over-priced or out of reach for the consumer. Deals are made and results are obtained.
Dr. Grazi only transferred one embryo. Transferring multiple embryos was never recommended and was never performed.
Brooklyn

Very personal care. Doctor [Melzer Ross] was genuinely hopeful for a good outcome. Responsive to emails, answered all questions...She is honest and caring, tried to help us an any way she could. Easy to communicate with, responsive to emails, etc. She offered both medical and moral support through this tiring process. If you are looking for a doctor that's compassionate and trustworthy, I'd highly recommend her.
Clinic [Genesis] is small compared to some to the others in the city, so there is a feeling of personalized care (even in the billing department). Waiting area is comfortable. Sometimes the reception area at the main location was a bit disorganized. Monitoring is done by technicians, not the doctors. Very friendly, supportive atmosphere all around....[nurses] So friendly and compassionate. Answered my questions in a timely manner.
Bring all your questions, she will consider them and answer the ones that she can. She is extremely supportive and will take time with you each visit.If you have been down the IVF road before and still have not had success, and are interested in any "experimental" treatments or immunological testing, you will need to be referred elsewhere. She practices evidence-based medicine.
Very personal care. Doctor was genuinely hopeful for a good outcome. Responsive to emails, answered all questions.
IUI- Used Letrozole and Clomid. Clomid produces several follicles, whereas letrozole produced one. IVF-Used antagonist protocol and agonist (lupron) protocol. Agonist produced more mature eggs. Medications were adjusted throughout cycle depending on blood work results.
So friendly and compassionate. Answered my questions in a timely manner.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Clinic is small compared to some to the others in the city, so there is a feeling of personalized care (even in the billing department). Waiting area is comfortable. Sometimes the reception area at the main location was a bit disorganized. Monitoring is done by technicians, not the doctors. Very friendly, supportive atmosphere all around.
Normally didn't have to wait too long. On weekends, the wait time was always much longer.
IVF cycles (without meds) around $10,000. They participated in the NYS IVF Grant program.
We went over the recommendations for number of embryos to be transferred based on age.
Brooklyn
[Dr. Kulak was] Warm and friendly from the moment we met. Always available to us, whether in person, via phone or email. Checked in with me to see how I was doing. Was warm and supportive and sensitive when I was going through a D&C for a miscarriage after my first IVF cycle. Shared our joy when I finally became pregnant with the baby that is now my healthy, thriving son...Went right into the next IVF cycle after D&C, adjusted protocol a bit - used Lupron, menopur, gonal f and then triggered. This ended up being a freeze all cycle since we retrieved 21 eggs and we were being cautious of overstimulation.
[Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] Clean and modern space. Easy that Brooklyn surgery center is attached for procedures/surgeries. The staff made us feel like family. From the front desk to the docs and nurses to the phlebotomists and sono techs -- everyone always kept us well informed, helped out, answered questions, cheered us on. We felt like they were genuinely rooting for us and we felt that the were genuinely sharing our happiness and joy when we were finally successful. Our doc was brilliant and gentle and just all around amazing. And I'd say that even if we hadn't been successful.
Be open, share your concerns, ask questions.
Amazingly warm bedside manner. We felt like family. He was easy to talk to and we always felt so very comfortable with him. He was also supportive and sensitive during our darker times, like when we were miscarrying.
Started with 3 IUIs with clomid and ovidrel trigger. None successful. Moved right onto IVF - first cycle gave us 8 eggs retrieved, only 2 viable embryos -- two transferred, resulted in a pregnancy in which we lost the heartbeat by the 8 week sono. Went right into the next IVF cycle after D&C, adjusted protocol a bit - used Lupron, menopur, gonal f and then triggered. This ended up being a freeze all cycle since we retrieved 21 eggs and we were being cautious of overstimulation. The doc felt that my body wouldn't be ready for a fresh cycle and if I got pregnant, it could worsen symptoms of overstimulation. We froze 5 day 5 blastocysts. Went into our frozen cycle a month or two after retrieval and transferred two blasts. This resulted in a negative. Went right into our next frozen cycle and transferred two more blasts. This resulted in my healthy singleton pregnancy.
Amazing. Compassionate. Our biggest cheerleaders. Shared in our joys and were there for us during our dark days. They were gentle and communicated well. They always made us feel comfortable. Same can be said for the phlebotomists and the sono techs. Everyone treated us like family.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
You have to get there early. Monitoring starts very early, at 6:45 am, and it's first come, first served. This was never a problem for me though as I'd get there very early since I had to go to work afterwards. These monitoring hours worked well with my work schedule.
My insurance covered quite a bit, so we were lucky. We did have some out of pocket expenses with procedures that were done, co pays, medications etc. Our total out of pocket for all of our treatment in total was under $15,000.
We transferred two embryos each time which worked well for us.

2014 - 2017, Successful
As soon as we met Dr Grazi, we were treated like our infertility problem was his. His concern, passion to achieve success, care and love was as if he was living our nightmare with us. He worked diligently with us to find a solution to our infertility nightmare and worked closely on achieving positive results. We could not have done it without Dr Grazi, and appreciate all he done for us immensely.
We would go early in the morning [to Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine], the office was welcoming, staff were super friendly, and visits were a pleasure...Office was clean, advanced technology, new building. All communication was done in high fashion, billing department was respectful and flexible with our requests. Front desk was always friendly and discreet when using names to call. Overall a great office.
Dr Grazi is a very warm caring Dr. He is very passionate on achieving success for his patients. Patient confidently is kept to the utmost form and fashion. He was always very on top of our treatments and matters.
I wouldn't change anything. we are very happy with Dr Grazi and the Genesis team.
We would go early in the morning, the office was welcoming, staff were super friendly, and visits were a pleasure.
a cycle would cost us between $10000 to $17000
We had multiple IVF cycles at Genesis, sometimes we were advised to do single and other multiple transfers. Each cycle is accessed separate.
Brooklyn
Dr. Grazi was very knowledgeable and professional. Moreover, he was compassionate and cared about me as a person. I enjoyed the way he described each process and guided me through all of the steps. IVF is not easy. Dr. Grazi put me at ease and gave us hope.
Clinic was always clean and well-kept. Appointments were easy to make and nurses made sure to adhere to my schedule. It was also great to have a hotline to call them anytime I had a question or concern. Morning monitoring was also quick and efficient.
Be patient with the process. I know it could be frustrating but listen to the doctor as he has plenty of experience. Ask questions! Dr. Grazi is always there to answer them.
Dr. Grazi was extremely sympathetic and open. He took the time to answer all questions and appointments were never rushed.
Injections followed by retrieval and embryo transfer. We also opted to do genetic testing on the embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Irina)
She was very personable and optimistic. Irina always put me in a good mood and made the process more human-like. She was more like a mother figure guiding me every step of the way.
20+ thousand for everything
Yes. Single was better due to my conditions. Dr. Grazi explained and advised against multiple embryo transfer in my case.
Brooklyn

[Dr. David Kulak was] Very patient, very timely answers...Very compassionate, patient, knowledgable, gets back to you right away...asks if procedure hurts, emotionally appropriate, reassuring. I felt like his only patient, though I wasn't!...FET with 2 day 5 embryos...be persistent if you have a concern-- he does not mind considering all options...Do your own research first, and come with questions.
[Genesis Fertility nurses were] Very kind, but overworked so rushed. Also, some had accents the were hard to understand....Only minor slip ups-- lost test results, some long waits, prescription request lost, pricing confusion, nothing major, always apologized...Procedure [FET] was $3800, but other things extra, saline soon $600, counselling $250, etc...You will have a good experience whatever the outcome. They really try to work with you.
Very compassionate, patient, knowledgable, gets back to you right away. Helps find embryos, asks if procedure hurts, emotionally appropriate, reassuring. I felt like his only patient, though I wasn't!
Do your own research first, and come with questions. Also, be persistent if you have a concern-- he does not mind considering all options.
Very patient, very timely answers
FET with 2 day 5 embryos.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
It matters who your MD is. Do HW beforehand. You will have a good experience whatever the outcome. They really try to work with you.
Procedure was $3800, but other things extra, saline soon $600, counselling $250, etc
First decided one embryo then two. Happy, as one was better than another.
Brooklyn

He [Dr. Richard Grazi] is extremely compassionate and caring and he truly looks out for you. He was very sympathetic when things didn't work out and made it that much easier. He is knowledgeable and knows what he's doing...I felt like a human everyone on the staff knew my name and truly cared for the best outcome...I used gonal f and manopur and cetrotide and for the trigger shot was ovidrel..........
Everything [at Genesis] was great and top notch...I felt like a human everyone on the staff knew my name and truly cared for the best outcome....Absolutely wonderful. They were very wise and were always on top of everything. For example one day I didn't have a medication I needed, they gave me from the office so I can continue the routine...[Monitoring Appts] It was very efficient and run well. Only on weekends was it a little busy. Otherwise Great
He is extremely compassionate and caring and he truly looks out for you. He was very sympathetic when things didn't work out and made it that much easier. He is knowledgeable and knows what he's doing
Definitely to gather up the courage and go for an appointment. Hopefully it will all work out
I used gonal f and manopur and cetrotide and for the trigger shot was ovidrel
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Everything was great and top notch. It's pretty expensive but it's like that everywhere since insurance doesn't cover.
Around 12000
The dr insisted on a Eset. I wouldn't have minded multiple
Brooklyn
I felt as though she [Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross] honestly wanted to help us get to our goal. She explained everything and took my thoughts and concerns seriously. I was able to reach her via email or phone anytime of the day. She answered all of our questions...she was extremely thorough and compassionate...
The clinic [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] has various offices and locations, makes it very easy to get an appointment. The offices are clean and the staff is professional. The office is not kid friendly which could be an issue for parents...I felt as though she [Dr. Katherine Melzer Ross] honestly wanted to help us get to our goal. She explained everything and took my thoughts and concerns seriously. I was able to reach her via email or phone anytime of the day. She answered all of our questions.
I felt as though she honestly wanted to help us get to our goal. She explained everything and took my thoughts and concerns seriously. I was able to reach her via email or phone anytime of the day. She answered all of our questions.
Try to relax and trust that everything will work out
she was extremely thorough and compassionate
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The clinic has various offices and locations, makes it very easy to get an appointment. The offices are clean and the staff is professional. The office is not kid friendly which could be an issue for parents.
Dr. Ross transfers one single embryo at a time. I would prefer more but she explained the reasons behind transferring only one
Brooklyn

Having previously experienced loss, Dr. Grazi handled us very gingerly. While giving us the straight facts of the success rate, he completely sympathized with us and told us that he would work with us to help us in every way he could. The instant we met him, he made us feel like we were his only patients; completely giving us his undivided attention in the most respectful and professional way.
The clinic [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] offers early daily monitoring at satellite offices so it doesn't interfere with your work schedule. If you don't live near the main office, you can get blood drawn or a sonogram at a closer office and they bring it to the main office to be tested and reviewed by your dr. It really is VERY convenient; although it would still be very worth the trip to the main office. It feels like a family there. Everyone is very friendly. And the office runs like a well oiled machine. Every department works very well together.
Dr. Grazi is very warm and compassionate. I really don't have anything negative to say about him. We started with another Dr, and then ended up with Dr Grazi after our first doctor left. We are very happy to have been under Dr Grazi's care. He did what he could to make us feel comfortable while keeping professional and giving us the honest truth.
Don't put off your first visit. Dr Grazi is there to help. He runs an operation that is unlike most clinical settings. You'll feel welcomed into the "family" at Genesis and you'll know that you're in good hands.
Dr Grazi performed a frozen transfer on me. His reasoning was to be able to prepare my uterus in the best way possible. Fresh cycles are very time sensitive. By doing frozen, we were able to take our time prepping my body. He actually cancelled my first attempt because my lining wasn't as good as he wanted. The next cycle, my lining was much better and it wound up resulting in a beautiful and successful pregnancy.
The nursing staff is amazing. They are ALWAYS there for you. You deal with them more than the actual doctor. They become familiar with you, and are very attentive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
There really isn't anything negative I can say. The clinic offers early daily monitoring at satellite offices so it doesn't interfere with your work schedule. If you don't live near the main office, you can get blood drawn or a sonogram at a closer office and they bring it to the main office to be tested and reviewed by your dr. It really is VERY convenient; although it would still be very worth the trip to the main office. It feels like a family there. Everyone is very friendly. And the office runs like a well oiled machine. Every department works very well together.
I don't remember the actual cost, but the financial department was very helpful to us who weren't covered for treatments under our insurance.
Because I am still young, Dr Grazi wanted us to do a single embryo transfer. Even my ob/gyn says that singleton pregnancies are much safer.
Hewlett