6010 Bay Parkway
Staten Island
1855 Richmond Avenue
Staten Island, NY 10314
718-283-8601

Having previously experienced loss, Dr. Grazi handled us very gingerly. While giving us the straight facts of the success rate, he completely sympathized with us and told us that he would work with us to help us in every way he could. The instant we met him, he made us feel like we were his only patients; completely giving us his undivided attention in the most respectful and professional way.
The clinic [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] offers early daily monitoring at satellite offices so it doesn't interfere with your work schedule. If you don't live near the main office, you can get blood drawn or a sonogram at a closer office and they bring it to the main office to be tested and reviewed by your dr. It really is VERY convenient; although it would still be very worth the trip to the main office. It feels like a family there. Everyone is very friendly. And the office runs like a well oiled machine. Every department works very well together.
How was your experience with Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr. Grazi is very warm and compassionate. I really don't have anything negative to say about him. We started with another Dr, and then ended up with Dr Grazi after our first doctor left. We are very happy to have been under Dr Grazi's care. He did what he could to make us feel comfortable while keeping professional and giving us the honest truth.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Don't put off your first visit. Dr Grazi is there to help. He runs an operation that is unlike most clinical settings. You'll feel welcomed into the "family" at Genesis and you'll know that you're in good hands.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the protocols Richard Grazi used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Dr Grazi performed a frozen transfer on me. His reasoning was to be able to prepare my uterus in the best way possible. Fresh cycles are very time sensitive. By doing frozen, we were able to take our time prepping my body. He actually cancelled my first attempt because my lining wasn't as good as he wanted. The next cycle, my lining was much better and it wound up resulting in a beautiful and successful pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The nursing staff is amazing. They are ALWAYS there for you. You deal with them more than the actual doctor. They become familiar with you, and are very attentive and helpful.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
There really isn't anything negative I can say. The clinic offers early daily monitoring at satellite offices so it doesn't interfere with your work schedule. If you don't live near the main office, you can get blood drawn or a sonogram at a closer office and they bring it to the main office to be tested and reviewed by your dr. It really is VERY convenient; although it would still be very worth the trip to the main office. It feels like a family there. Everyone is very friendly. And the office runs like a well oiled machine. Every department works very well together.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Richard Grazi at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I don't remember the actual cost, but the financial department was very helpful to us who weren't covered for treatments under our insurance.
Describe Richard Grazi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Because I am still young, Dr Grazi wanted us to do a single embryo transfer. Even my ob/gyn says that singleton pregnancies are much safer.

2011 - 2016, Successful
Dr Grazi was not only my physician but he became a trusted and valued friend. When I became his patient it was on the heels of my current doctor retiring. I was very confused and unsure about the future. I felt as though I had to reexplain our history and open up our lives to a new person once again...I was never just a patient- I was always a person- he consistently spoke to me about my life, work and child. Asking questions, getting to know us- as a couple.
Like everything in life there was a mixture of extremely loving and compassionate nurses [at Genesis - Bay Parkway] and others that "just" did their job. Cindy & Joanne were both amazingly compassionate, understanding and loving. They went above and beyond in every way!...Trust Dr Grazi's experience and advice-- he has been doing this a long time & has a true understanding of the science behind this process.
Dr Grazi was not only my physician but he became a trusted and valued friend. When I became his patient it was on the heels of my current doctor retiring. I was very confused and unsure about the future. I felt as though I had to reexplain our history and open up our lives to a new person once again. I was not excited about it at the time but it turned out to be the best thing to ever happen to us. Dr Grazi was always extremely involved, passionate and understanding of our journey. We had many, many, many set backs and he held our hand through each one. I have nothing but love and gratitude for all he did for us and our family.
Trust Dr Grazi's experience and advice-- he has been doing this a long time & has a true understanding of the science behind this process. He never wavered while helping us through our journey and when we did hit a road block he referred us to other specialists with the experience we needed. And after that, we stayed true and had faith in Dr.Grazi and kept our course with him. In the end he brought us to our final destination, our sweet baby girl.
I was never just a patient- I was always a person- he consistently spoke to me about my life, work and child. Asking questions, getting to know us- as a couple. Wanting to know about our goal as a couple, our expectations of the process and consistently asking how we felt at each step of the process.
Like everything in life there was a mixture of extremely loving and compassionate nurses and others that "just" did their job. Cindy & Joanne were both amazingly compassionate, understanding and loving. They went above and beyond in every way!
2014 - 2016, Unsuccessful
He [Dr. Richard Grazi] generally preferred single transfers so that if something went wrong on the maternal end, more than one embryo would not be lost. Also because he didn’t prefer to put patients in the situation of carrying multiples...He’s the kindest and most understanding doctor you could want. He routinely reminded me to balance treatments with other areas of life that brought joy, asked about my grandmother repeatedly when I told him she was sick, etc. When we eventually celebrate the birth of a daughter who was conceived outside of his care, he was so happy for us.
advocate for yourself with the clinic [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine]!...Some of the nurses were amazing, sensitive and I always felt they were cheering me on, identifying with my situation, etc. Others knew the medicine well, but they were less helpful with answering questions or handling it when I was stressed / upset. One (Irene) was particularly frustrating in her mannerisms because she treated my husband like an outsider, saying he asked too many questions and he should go online to read more info. In the end, she was nice to me, but we tried to avoid her mostly.
He’s so kind, thoughtful, and gentle. He seems very knowledgeable about medicine and caught 3/4 of my diagnoses right away on the first visit. Even when we went for 3 other opinions, everyone agreed with his course of treatment (even though it wasn’t successful).
Enjoy the best bedside manner you’ll ever receive! But advocate for yourself with the clinic!
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I thought Dr Grazi was excellent, but some members of the nursing staff had some improvements to make. The billing / admin department seemed disorganized. The lab didn’t get me the results I wanted. And the surgical center they used in the building was a disaster - truly a terrible experience. (Rude and insensitive OR staff, couldn’t supply a Tylenol after retrieval because they couldn’t find any - in short, the surgical center was totally unprofessional.)
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The hours were increasingly early due to short staffing & running multiple monitoring satellite locations. Wait times in the satellite were typically short. Sometimes doors were locked and no one answered the phone, or I missed my chance for monitoring if I arrived too close to the end of the window. At one point, the monitoring hours changed but no one informed me. Sunday monitoring at the main office generally had a long wait time.
Approximately $12,000/ cycle, plus additional fees for medications, ICSI, PGS, and surgical center.
He generally preferred single transfers so that if something went wrong on the maternal end, more than one embryo would not be lost. Also because he didn’t prefer to put patients in the situation of carrying multiples.
Brooklyn

He [Dr. Grazi] is honest, clear, knowledgeable and very patient. He always put me at ease. Accepted my input and choices for my care but was honest and explained when something wasn't possible. Clearly explained the pros and cons of each medication and decision...He took his time in answering all of my questions. Was kind, sincere and honest when my worries got the best of me. He personally called me after my failed transfers..
They [nurses at Genesis - Bay Parkway] were my cheerleaders! Every single one of them. Clear, honest, knowledgeable and compassionate...You never just feel like a number from the front desk to the to the lab everyone is warm and friendly and actually remembers your name!...I never waited too long and was always able to make it to work in time afterwards. The staff makes you feel comfortable...
He is honest, clear, knowledgeable and very patient. He always put me at ease. Accepted my input and choices for my care but was honest and explained when something wasn't possible. Clearly explained the pros and cons of each medication and decision.
Feel free to go with your list of questions!! He will take the time to answer them.
I don't recall them.
They were my cheerleaders! Every single one of them. Clear, honest, knowledgeable and compassionate.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I was able to apply for the NYS Demonstration Prgram which helped greatly with cost.
He prefers to transfer one embryo at a time but agreeed when I strongly suggested to transfer two. Just be aware you will have to sign a waiver regarding the possibility of having multiples.
2013 - 2016, Unsuccessful
Dr. Grazi is extremely compassionate. He explained things as we went, and listened to me as a patient. He hanged treatments if something wasn't working.... Dr. Grazi was there for me every step of the way through my journey. He explained our steps, purchase options, and his opinion, but ultimately listened to what I wanted as a patient...He prefers eSET. Will transfer up to 2, but Ian very cautious and thinks of the risks to you as the patient.
The expertise, success and compassion of the doctors is great. Their [Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] billing department is was difficult to deal with while we were going there. There nurses are ok. Compassionate, yes. Organized, not always.... It [monitoring] was first come, first serve. Also at the off site, the sonogram tech if she was as running late would be rude not considering if the patients had to get to work
Dr. Grazi is extremely compassionate. He explained things as we went, and listened to me as a patient. He hanged treatments if something wasn't working. As a doctor, I reccomend him Tov anyone who unfortunately needs infertility treatments.
Keep asking questions if you are unclear on anything, he will answer them.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
The expertise, success and compassion of the doctors is great. Their billing department is was difficult to deal with while we were going there. There nurses are ok. Compassionate, yes. Organized, not always.
It was first come, first serve. Also at the off site, the sonogram tech if she was as running late would be rude not considering if the patients had to get to work
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
There general procedure is toccall on day 3 with your embryo report. 2/3 retrievals I had to call them. I also had to correct nurses on my protocol if Dr. Grazi made changes.
Hewlett

Dr [Katherin Melzer Ross] took the time to meet with me. I never felt rushed. Her approach seemed individualized and she offered me various options...She was compassionate and knowledgeable. I had a specific situation and she did not make me feel embarrassed. I felt very comfortable with her and confident, although i did not get to interact with her aside from the consults....Clomid and trigger for IUI
Some nurses were better than others [at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] . But overall they were compassionate and organized...Many many costs for an IUI. Including extra costs that were not explained up front...Strengths are doctors and decor. Weakness is limited contact with doctors and front desk staff are not always nice. Billing department is difficult and find ways to bill you for every little thing. Monitoring is also very early and crowded
How was your experience with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
Dr took the time to meet with me. I never felt rushed. Her approach seemed individualized and she offered me various options
Describe the protocols Katherine Melzer Ross used in your cycles at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine and their degree of success.
Clomid and trigger for IUI
Some nurses were better than others. But overall they were compassionate and organized
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Katherine Melzer Ross at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
Katherine Melzer Ross
Brooklyn

Dr. Grazi is doctors who treats you as human , not a number. Tapers treatment plan according to you . He's warm compassionate and honest...Dr. Grazi and staff at genesis of Brooklyn , treats everyone with respect. Dr. Grazi is a true gentleman . I highly recommend him!...[Costs are] about the same as Methodist /kofinas fertility
To trust him
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Roxanne/shaneema)
The whole staff at Gensis was professional from the front desk to the dr grazi
About the same as Methodist /kofinas fertility

2014 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Grazi made us comfortable throughout the process. He explained everything in great detail (at our request) and walked us through the back and forth of making decisions when there was no clear right answer (often the case in this process). He gave his opinion when we asked for it and always helped us weigh our options to make a decision we felt comfortable with.
The nursing staff at Genesis is a team of stars. They are so compassionate and wonderful.... If you arrive early for your shots, you are in and out of there quickly. Bay Parkway facility is clean, professional.... It was fairly easy -- sometimes there was more of a wait than others, but never too long and if you get there early you can be first.... They once didn't call with our results. They were extremely apologetic and kind about it, and made great efforts to close any communications gaps in their practice to ensure it wouldn't happen again. It was a fluke and had never happened before. They more than made up for it.
Dr. Grazi was sensitive to the fact that this is a delicate and emotional process. He always gave us plenty of time with him and answered every detailed question.
First Gonol F, Progesterone, Ovidrel Switched to Lupron, Bravelle, Menopur with good results
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I've heard nightmare stories about wait times at other clinics. If you arrive early for your shots, you are in and out of there quickly. Bay Parkway facility is clean, professional.
Completely covered by insurance
We did PGD testing on all our embryos so we only implanted those of high quality, one at a time. Totally worth the $ to get that test to get the highest quality embryos possible !
2011 - 2015, Successful
Dr. Grazi was very professional, knowledgeable, and explained the steps involved with every procedure...For example, when we were down to the last 2 embryos, we wanted to split them, but, he indicated that we had a better chance with transferring the last two at once. Also, when the first 3 transfers did not thrive to result in a pregnancy, Dr Grazi was forceful in recommending that we get a different surrogate, as he had the strong feeling that she was not following the protocol.
Everyone, at the clinic [Genesis - Long Island], was professional and caring. We have nothing bad to complain about the staff...Parking, most of the time, was an issue. We were not sure about whether or not we would be able to park in the building. We had to park many blocks away. Confidentiality was key to us...we would not ask for more, and would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to Dr Grazi and his wonderful crew, at Genesis, especially Charlene, and Tara.
Dr. Grazi was very professional, knowledgeable, and explained the steps involved with every procedure. He was caring, and was genuine in explaining the risks involved in all the procedures to be undertaken. For example, when we were down to the last 2 embryos, we wanted to split them, but, he indicated that we had a better chance with transferring the last two at once. Also, when the first 3 transfers did not thrive to result in a pregnancy, Dr Grazi was forceful in recommending that we get a different surrogate, as he had the strong feeling that she was not following the protocol. And of course, he was right, we followed his advice and our dreams finally became true.
Be patient, and put your trust in him
Dr Grazi was very compassionate. From the time we met him, he made us feel like he cared deeply about our situation, and was willing to help us get through it. His staff was always helpful and caring, especially Tara who helped us managing the different steps. For about 18 years, we went to various centers of excellence, looking for help, and we have never felt the welcoming and the warmth that we found in Dr. Grazi. We felt like he was a father guiding us, and understanding what we were going through. After 18 years, Dr Grazi made our dream come through with the birth of our beautiful daughter. At this point, we would not ask for more, and would like to extend our heartfelt gratitude to Dr Grazi and his wonderful crew, at Genesis, especially Charlene, and Tara.
All four transfers that Dr Grazi performed should have resulted in a positive pregnancy, however, for the first three, the protocol was not strictly followed by the surrogate.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Tara)
Everyone, at the clinic, was professional and caring. We have nothing bad to complain about the staff
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
It was somewhat costly, but not overwhelmingly
Our embryos were harvested for a long time, and the standards had changed in the meantime. Therefore, Dr Grazi did not want to take the chances to do single embryo transfer.

2013 - 2015, Successful
[Dr. Grazi] He also understood my religious needs and was sympathetic to them...He spoke to me and really understood what I was going through. He was very kind, patient and understanding...He is extremely qualified and very competent...He gave us exactly what we wanted, a beautiful family. we also had surgery with him that went very well....Ask all your questions and trust that you're in good hands!...
..Clinic [Genesis - Bay Parkway] is super well run, very organized and the staff is amazing...[Nurses are] very patient, and caring. gentle with procedures and blood draw, very sweet on the phone, good with confidentiality....[the clinic is] very clean, organized... easy parking. privacy is taken care of...[Dr. Grazi] He spoke to me and really understood what I was going through. He was very kind, patient and understanding. He also understood my religious needs and was sympathetic to them.
We had a wonderful experience. He is extremely qualified and very competent. We have 5 beautiful children because of him. His clinic is super well run, very organized and the staff is amazing. He gave us exactly what we wanted, a beautiful family. we also had surgery with him that went very well.
Ask all your questions and trust that you're in good hands!
surgery to remove endometriosis, stage 4+ and then Immediate round of clomid and IUI to achieve pregnancy before endo had a chance to grow back. First round was successful, our first child was born nine months later. Endometriosis in our case, was "cured" through the pregnancies and all our subsequent children - conceived after 1 or 2 rounds of clomid and IUI.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
very clean, organized... easy parking. privacy is taken care of.
almost all costs were covered through insurance. we were very fortunate.

2013, Unsuccessful
The doctor [Dr. Grazi] was not very warm however seemed optimistic. He had his nurses perform the IUIs and I had to make an appointment with him to find out why he think it failed. He was not very communicative...He did not adjust treatments at all and did the same thing over and over and recommended IVF after 3 failed IUIs instead of trying to find out why they failed...You only communicate with this doctor when your treatment has failed.
The nurse [at Genesis] dropped my husbands sperm sample before our IUI. She stated it was no big deal and proceeded to do the IUI. I did not get phone calls of my results in a timely manner. I had to call constantly to get results and they would often not call back till a day or two later...This clinic is a cattle call. You will not receive any personal or one on one attention. I felt very empty here..There was only one nurse who was kind and compassionate.
You only communicate with this doctor when your treatment has failed. He does not perform the IUIs, the nurses do which I really did not like. He did not adjust treatments at all and did the same thing over and over and recommended IVF after 3 failed IUIs instead of trying to find out why they failed.
Dont expect too much from this doctor. Dont expect to see him or be treated by him often. You need to be your own advocate.
The office was a cattle call like experience. The doctor was not very warm however seemed optimistic. He had his nurses perform the IUIs and I had to make an appointment with him to find out why he think it failed. He was not very communicative.
I did 3 IUIs with this doctor. He recommended letrozole each time and was not open to trying clomid. He did not change up the next cycle after a failed one which I found disappointing. He recommended IVF instead of doing further testing.
There was only one nurse who was kind and compassionate. Toby was very blunt and cold and made me feel uncomfortable during my IUIs. Another nurse dropped my husbands sperm sample on the floor and still proceeded to do the IUI!
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
This clinic is a cattle call. You will not receive any personal or one on one attention. I felt very empty here especially since this was when I was first starting out in my infertility journey. Maybe there are newer doctors there that are more involved in patient care but Dr. Grazi was not one of them.
We did 3 IUIs with this dr. We did back to back IUIs those cycles. Insurance covered one and we paid $400 for the second one. In total we probably paid around a few thousand for out of pocket IUIS, recombine testing, and copays.
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
The nurse dropped my husbands sperm sample before our IUI. She stated it was no big deal and proceeded to do the IUI. I did not get phone calls of my results in a timely manner. I had to call constantly to get results and they would often not call back till a day or two later.

2010 - 2011, Successful
Dr Grazi is an honest, kind, compassionate, smart man. He was patient and helped comfort me in my time of struggles with infertility. He always had a "plan" and kept me hopeful . He helped make my dream of becoming a mother come true! He became my friend along the way! I have nothing negative to say about him!... While being completely upfront and truthful , Dr. Grazi eased my anxieties st every appointment I made with him. He calmed my frustrations and sat and talked with me one on one every time I requested an appointment.
Every nurse I dealt with at Genesis was compassionate, smart, patient, and helpful! Once I finally received my positive pregnancy test many nurses called me with the positive results . They were thrilled for me and treated me like family!
Be patient and trust this doctor!
After a year of ttc with no results and an HSG which showed a blocked left Tube I made my first appointment in December of 2010 at Genesis Fertility with DR GRAZI! I was able to get an appointment rather quickly which I was happy about. Dr. Grazi sat with me and my husband and we discussed our options. We started an IUI cycle when I ovulated from my right Fallopian tube as this was the unblocked tube! This resulted in an ectopic pregnancy which was taken care of with methotrexate at Genesis. We then processed to to IVF a few months after the ectopic and I transferred 2 embryos and got negative pt results. The next cycle we did a fresh ivf again and we changed my medicine and I conceived my son , who is now 5.
Convenient and worked ab
Dr Grazi was a very conservative doctor and his goal was for me to have a single healthy pregnancy . His goal was reached.
2005 - 2010, Successful
He [Dr Richard Grazi] was a little creepy. Hugged me when I didn't need to be hugged. I didn't feel it was appropriate. But I think it was his way of being "warm". I never understood his way of speaking....
I was recognized by the staff [at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine] there which was nice. Some of them even knew my by name. When I needed to get someone on the phone I was always successful...Billing dept is famous for being horrible human beings They also were very unhelpful when my insurance company (Oxford) didn't acknowledge that a woman under 21 would need fertility meds- so I had to pay for medication out of pocket !!
He was a little creepy. Hugged me when I didn't need to be hugged. I didn't feel it was appropriate. But I think it was his way of being "warm". I never understood his way of speaking.
Be patient
I was recongnized by the staff there which was nice. Some of them even knew my by name. When I needed to get someone on the phone I was always successful
Follistim wth iui Post coital tests Hsg scans Injectables class which was nice
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine. (Assigned nurse: Irene )
She was better than the dr! She called every afternoon with instructions for that day.. If I had any questions I asked her.
Describe your experience with Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine.
I had private insurance but my medication wasn't covered because I was under 21 and my insurance company didn't cover minors since they didn't think it was a necessity despite the letter my doctor wrote. So I had to pay out of pocket for medication. All else was covered.
What specific things went wrong at Genesis Fertility and Reproductive Medicine?
I've had times when I had to call them and ask where my blood results/instructions were. It was late in the day, maybe I was on the bottom of their list of patients to call