Genetics & IVF Institute

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
3015 Williams Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
703.698.7355
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Genetics & IVF Institute to a friend?
7.2
3 doctors
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I only have positive things to say. They [Genetics & IVF] are always helpful, quick to help and respond to questions, as well as sweet and caring. Although I would like more flexible monitoring hours in the morning (I'm just not a morning person), they have always been very flexible for me. Not to mention professional.... They worked with my insurance, which covered a certain percentage. The rest we had to pay but GIVF was very helpful to figure options that were affordable.
European, East Asian, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
I only have positive things to say. They are always helpful, quick to help and respond to questions, as well as sweet and caring. Although I would like more flexible monitoring hours in the morning (I'm just not a morning person), they have always been very flexible for me. Not to mention professional.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
He spoke to me without sugar coating anything. He was realistic but always on the side of thinking positively. He has handled every situation perfectly and professionally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
She is amazing, professional, kind, and most importantly always availavle to talk or to ask her question. I can't imagine any other nurse through this process!
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
He explains everything thoroughly and professionally while also being considerate of our emotional and financial situation. He has never given us false hope or higher expectations, which I prefer. I trust him intrinsically and recommend him 100%.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Listen to his advice. He gives you all your options, gives you his thought, but ultimately leaves the final decisions to you without any pressure.
Describe the protocols Laurence Udoff used in your cycles at Genetics & IVF Institute and their degree of success.
Used hormone injections to stimulate egg growth and had egg retrievals both times. We were both tested for genetic disorders and determined each egg had to be tested using PGD. This round we will be doing an endometrial lining test as well to ensure embryo implantation will be at the most opportune time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Genetics & IVF Institute.
They put you in for a scheduled time but they are flexible each time knowing things come up or things happen, I.e. traffic. You simply wait as first come first serve at that point. It all goes very smoothly without a long wait.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute.
Describe Laurence Udoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genetics & IVF Institute.
He prefer eSET to ensure there is little to no danger to the mother and the potential embryo. I believe he is willing to discuss multiple embryo transfer if there is a limited health risk.
Fairfax
The nursing staff [at Genetics & IVF Institute] was exceptional - truly exceptional. I felt incredibly supported throughout the process, including with the emotional ups and downs of the procedure. The staff was knowledgeable, kind, warm and efficient. They were also excellent at communicating next steps throughout the process...I would certainly recommend this clinic, and especially the nursing and care staff. I would have appreciated seeing a single doctor throughout - as opposed to have a different doctor doing the egg retrieval - but I recognize that timing is unpredictable and there's really no way to assure that.
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Lincoln at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Dr. Lincoln was thoughtful and detailed in explaining options and procedures, but I did occasionally feel as if I was being rushed to wrap up my time with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute.
The nursing staff was exceptional - truly exceptional. I felt incredibly supported throughout the process, including with the emotional ups and downs of the procedure. The staff was knowledgeable, kind, warm and efficient. They were also excellent at communicating next steps throughout the process.
How was your experience with Stephen Lincoln at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Dr. Lincoln was quite welcoming and informative, although I did occasionally feel like he was slightly impatient to hand me off to the rest of the clinic staff. But in general, I felt very comfortable with him and trusted him to make wise choices with my course of treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Lincoln at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Don't hesitate to ask any and all questions you'd like - and don't feel like you ever need to stop asking!
Describe the protocols Stephen Lincoln used in your cycles at Genetics & IVF Institute and their degree of success.
I must admit I don't remember many of the specifics related to drug choices and dosages, unfortunately. I do remember that my egg retrieval wasn't particularly successful (eggs were retrieved, but they were quite low in number), but I was adequately prepared for the unpredictability of the results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Lincoln at Genetics & IVF Institute.
I believe the costs included about $4,000 in medication and $9,000 in additional fees. This was all out of pocket, given that this was an elective procedure and not covered by my insurance.
Stephen Lincoln
2010 - 2011
There wasn't a lot of personal care [at Genetics & IVF Institute] but I felt they were very efficient and I never had to wait for long periods of time for my appointments... Overly expensive. It cost $2000 more than some other nearby clinics for the FET...The nurses were very helpful but getting in touch was sometimes challenging...He [Dr. Laurence Udoff] was a good listener and spent time to really understand my history. However, when it came to the treatment cycle I rarely saw him and he did not do my FET
2010 - 2011
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
There wasn't a lot of personal care but I felt they were very efficient and I never had to wait for long periods of time for my appointments.
He was a good listener and spent time to really understand my history. However, when it came to the treatment cycle I rarely saw him and he did not do my FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kristen?)
The nurses were very helpful but getting in touch was sometimes challenging.
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Dr Udoff was a good listener but his bedside manner was a bit cold. I do like that he was very direct and gave detailed explanations of treatments, diagnosis, etc. I did not like that he followed protocols without any room for analyzing whether it was necessary. For example, he insisted I get a mammogram before my second transfer even though I had only just finished nursing twins and the results of the mammogram would be unreliable.
If you are his patient, he's great for providing information but not very flexible. He has no bedside manner but he does seem to genuinely care about successful outcomes for his patients.
N/A I did a frozen embryo transfer with donated embryos because I was in premature ovarian failure
Overly expensive. It cost $2000 more than some other nearby clinics for the FET
My doctor let me decide. I did a double embryo transfer and I got pregnant with twins on my first try. I was overjoyed with this outcome and I appreciated the doctor respecting my right to choose.
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Genetics & IVF Institute] strengths - genetic testing, medium size clinic in which you see the same staff over and over and they know your case well and follow your progression. You are very well treated...20 K covered by insurance + 5 k for PGD...he [Dr. Laurence Udoff] is very strong in genetic implications of age related infertility, he is honest and open. He was encouraging without over promising. He is a balanced professional and has significant experience, I would have liked to be told about CQ10 and DHEA before the treatment and not after it didnt work, but outside of that, i dont have any complaints.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
He explained very carefully my case, the expectations of finding a good egg due to my age (44 at the time) and was honest in his approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Mandy)
She was very accommodating and thorough in her follow up and a very nice person
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
he is very strong in genetic implications of age related infertility, he is honest and open. He was encouraging without over promising. He is a balanced professional and has significant experience, I would have liked to be told about CQ10 and DHEA before the treatment and not after it didnt work, but outside of that, i dont have any complaints.
he is someone you can rely on
20 K covered by insurance + 5 k for PGD
they transfered 2 embryos that seemed to be doing Ok and were from a frozen cycle i did at age 39 and let the other 5 embryos be tested using PGD
2012 - 2015
5 IVF, Donor Eggs
There was a miscalculation of dates which led to a cancellation of a cycle and the wrong medication amounts used. Also had troubles getting the right call to the pharmacy for medication.
2012 - 2015
5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Udoff doesn't really have a very kind way about him. He is just there to do his job.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Ashley mckittrick)
Ashley was wonderful. A gem. She worked so hard and was so fabulous. Unfortunately, due to some strange re organisation at GIVF, she was forced out. It was very sad as she was amazing.
What specific things went wrong at Genetics & IVF Institute?
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
For the first transfer, I was so well cared for by the nurses that I didn't mind so much that he was so cold. However during retrieval he had lots of issues with the transfer and wasn't very kind about it. I had had five previous transfers, so I was pretty well acquainted with the process and knew it was going poorly(and painful!). He did not acknowledge this at all nor explain anything while he was working. However, he also did my fourth transfer which did result in a successful second pregnancy.
Don't expect someone to hold your hand or make eye contact. He is a bit rough during transfers and it can be painful. He is probably talented, but just sharp edged.
Donor eggs