Genetic counseling: Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
3015 Williams Drive
Fairfax, VA 22031
703.698.7355
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Genetics & IVF Institute to a friend?

6.3

3 doctors
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
The strengths would definitely be the medical staff [GIVF] (nurses and Dr. Udoff in my case). They are knowledgeable, helpful and flexible. I would say that the weakness lies in the financial advisory department. I understand that they need to provide you with the facts of how the financial "plans" work but the staff isn't the kindest or knowledgeable. There have been times that I've showed up for a cycle monitoring after a failed cycle
3 IUI, IVF, Donor Sperm
Male Factor, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
The strengths would definitely be the medical staff (nurses and Dr. Udoff in my case). They are knowledgeable, helpful and flexible. I would say that the weakness lies in the financial advisory department. I understand that they need to provide you with the facts of how the financial "plans" work but the staff isn't the kindest or knowledgeable. There have been times that I've showed up for a cycle monitoring after a failed cycle and the receptionist says that I owe money when we've paid in full already and that is the last thing I want to hear. Everything has to be paid in full at GIVF prior to treatment. There are no payment plans which makes it really difficult.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
I felt and still feel like a human under Dr. Udoff's care. I truly believe he cares about our goals to start a family and he answers all of our questions and concerns. He has always provided the information we are seeking to the best of his ability and his bedside manner is great. I feel comfortable and under safe care during all my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Valerie Cyrus)
My primary lead nurse is wonderful and kind. She is very thorough in her instructions. She reaches out constantly and has been so compassionate throughout this whole process. The nursing staff at GIVF has been great to work with. The nurse who handles the blood work has been caring and she converses with me so early in the morning I really appreciate that. The nurse who does the sonograms doesn't have the most kindest demeanor but she does care and is gentle so that is also appreciated.
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Dr. Udoff is very considerate of our diagnosis with infertility. He has always explained our options thoroughly and has been honest about our chances of success. I trust his medical guidance when undergoing any treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Listen to his guidance. He has a lot of experience and is knowledgeable on an array of infertility cases. Ask all the questions you need to that will help you make the right decision for your situation.
Describe the protocols Laurence Udoff used in your cycles at Genetics & IVF Institute and their degree of success.
Husband has azoospermia (0 sperm) which was diagnosed after 2 TESE surgeries by 2 different urologists. Now we are using a directed donor for treatment. For the 3 cycles of IUI: HSG prior to treatment to ensure open tubes. Clomid for 5 days, blood work and ovulation cycle monitoring. Unfortunately the cycles failed but we were told in advance that the chances of pregnancy were low. Currently preparing for the 1st IVF cycle which I will undergo an HYS, use an ovulation predictor kit, wear an Estrogen patch, use medications/hormone injections to stimulate egg growth/retrieval. We were told that IVF, while it is way more expensive, will double our chances of success, but is not guaranteed. We are hopeful that this will work.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute.
I find GIVF to be pretty expensive but I just think that is the norm for fertility clinics and fertility treatment. The stuff that could be done with insurance was but it was just basic doctor visits or tests like the HSG or HYS. Everything else has been out of pocket and paid in full prior to treatment.
Describe Laurence Udoff's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Genetics & IVF Institute.
Dr. Udoff thoroughly explained the risks of multiple embryo transfer so he does not recommend doing that if it can be avoided. He feels strongly that the safer route and higher chances of a successful healthy pregnancy will be yielded from a single embryo transfer.
Fairfax

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
I only have positive things to say. They [Genetics & IVF] are always helpful, quick to help and respond to questions, as well as sweet and caring. Although I would like more flexible monitoring hours in the morning (I'm just not a morning person), they have always been very flexible for me. Not to mention professional.... They worked with my insurance, which covered a certain percentage. The rest we had to pay but GIVF was very helpful to figure options that were affordable.
European, East Asian, Native American
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
I only have positive things to say. They are always helpful, quick to help and respond to questions, as well as sweet and caring. Although I would like more flexible monitoring hours in the morning (I'm just not a morning person), they have always been very flexible for me. Not to mention professional.
He spoke to me without sugar coating anything. He was realistic but always on the side of thinking positively. He has handled every situation perfectly and professionally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Valerie)
She is amazing, professional, kind, and most importantly always availavle to talk or to ask her question. I can't imagine any other nurse through this process!
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
He explains everything thoroughly and professionally while also being considerate of our emotional and financial situation. He has never given us false hope or higher expectations, which I prefer. I trust him intrinsically and recommend him 100%.
Listen to his advice. He gives you all your options, gives you his thought, but ultimately leaves the final decisions to you without any pressure.
Used hormone injections to stimulate egg growth and had egg retrievals both times. We were both tested for genetic disorders and determined each egg had to be tested using PGD. This round we will be doing an endometrial lining test as well to ensure embryo implantation will be at the most opportune time.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Genetics & IVF Institute.
They put you in for a scheduled time but they are flexible each time knowing things come up or things happen, I.e. traffic. You simply wait as first come first serve at that point. It all goes very smoothly without a long wait.
He prefer eSET to ensure there is little to no danger to the mother and the potential embryo. I believe he is willing to discuss multiple embryo transfer if there is a limited health risk.

1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
The nurses [at Genetics & IVF Institute] were very knowledgeable and willing to answer questions in detail...The problems I experienced at GIVF were centered around the behavior of one doctor, who left abruptly after my initial 8 months. The problems should not have been permitted to go on that long, but I do not know if the issues I experienced were because of the clinic, staff, or specific doctor... the required consultations with a maternal fetal medicine specialist and reproductive psychologist added about $500 out of pocket. I had to take off several hours for those and the clinic appointments to even get cleared for treatment.
1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
GIVF is a leader in its field. Medically, everyone is on point. The clinic even has offices overseas. Communication was an extraordinary challenge when Dr. Moragianni was there, but the other doctors were straight forward and treated me with respect and dignity. The clinic could benefit from putting its administrative policies in writing and sharing them with staff and patients so everyone knows what to expect. Also, I suggest bringing a friend to appointments. I went to mine alone and wonder if it would have made a difference if someone else had been with me. Would advise against taking husband/partner because it is added stress being around the other couples who are there for treatment. They always seemed so sad.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Vasiliki Moragianni at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Dr. Moragianni did not treat me like a number or like a human being. She treated me like a waste of her time.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Val and then Jenny)
The nurses were very knowledgeable and willing to answer questions in detail.
What specific things went wrong at Genetics & IVF Institute?
How was your experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Dr. Moragianni has a good education and seems to possess the medical knowledge to do an excellent job, but her personal failing to communicate honestly with patients and coworkers creates an adversarial atmosphere that envelopes everyone who comes in contact with her. I personally saw her behavior deteriorate in front of her boss to that of a 2-year-old child when confronted about unprofessional behavior; specifically, she put her head down and muttered inaudible comebacks while others were speaking instead of looking at the speaker, squirmed and fidgeted in an exaggerated and disruptive manner, and attempted repeatedly to misdirect pointed questions about recorded statements she had made by lying. She wasted 8 months of my fertility because I reported her extremely inappropriate and offensive comments to staff at the facility and afterward she made a new requirement for me to complete each month that I would be informed of on the day that I was supposed to begin treatment. I was able to have a child under the care of a different doctor, but I have no doubt that the delay and enormous stress Dr. Moragianni created affected the quality of my embryos. Some doctors can best apply their knowledge in a lab instead of an office. Dr. Moragianni lacks the emotional intelligence to interact professionally with patients.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Vasiliki Moragianni at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Have a Plan B so that you are not bound to use her as your fertility doctor after you sign a contract with the fertility clinic. Make sure before signing that you can transfer to another doctor at the same clinic or get a refund to go to a different clinic of she fails to provide treatment within a specific time frame.
Describe the protocols Vasiliki Moragianni used in your cycles at Genetics & IVF Institute and their degree of success.
Dr. Moragianni never followed through with treating me and did not prescibe any medication.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Vasiliki Moragianni at Genetics & IVF Institute.
About $8,000 for just egg collection, which she decided on her own not to do and without discussing with me. The medication more than the highest estimate of $5,000. The paperwork given to patients was not updated for several to reflect increased prices. Also, the required consultations with a maternal fetal medicine specialist and reproductive psychologist added about $500 out of pocket. I had to take off several hours for those and the clinic appointments to even get cleared for treatment. Insurance did not cover IVF so everything was out of pocket. I also paid an extra $10,000 for genetic testing of the embryos. Anesthesia during egg collection cost $500 on top of what I paid the clinic. The clinic offered special pricing packages for younger patients that reduced the overall cost.
Vasiliki Moragianni
Fairfax

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Vasiliki Moragianni at Genetics & IVF Institute.

The nursing staff [at Genetics & IVF Institute] was exceptional - truly exceptional. I felt incredibly supported throughout the process, including with the emotional ups and downs of the procedure. The staff was knowledgeable, kind, warm and efficient. They were also excellent at communicating next steps throughout the process...I would certainly recommend this clinic, and especially the nursing and care staff. I would have appreciated seeing a single doctor throughout - as opposed to have a different doctor doing the egg retrieval - but I recognize that timing is unpredictable and there's really no way to assure that.
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Stephen Lincoln at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Dr. Lincoln was thoughtful and detailed in explaining options and procedures, but I did occasionally feel as if I was being rushed to wrap up my time with him.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute.
The nursing staff was exceptional - truly exceptional. I felt incredibly supported throughout the process, including with the emotional ups and downs of the procedure. The staff was knowledgeable, kind, warm and efficient. They were also excellent at communicating next steps throughout the process.
How was your experience with Stephen Lincoln at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Dr. Lincoln was quite welcoming and informative, although I did occasionally feel like he was slightly impatient to hand me off to the rest of the clinic staff. But in general, I felt very comfortable with him and trusted him to make wise choices with my course of treatment.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Stephen Lincoln at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Don't hesitate to ask any and all questions you'd like - and don't feel like you ever need to stop asking!
Describe the protocols Stephen Lincoln used in your cycles at Genetics & IVF Institute and their degree of success.
I must admit I don't remember many of the specifics related to drug choices and dosages, unfortunately. I do remember that my egg retrieval wasn't particularly successful (eggs were retrieved, but they were quite low in number), but I was adequately prepared for the unpredictability of the results.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Stephen Lincoln at Genetics & IVF Institute.
I believe the costs included about $4,000 in medication and $9,000 in additional fees. This was all out of pocket, given that this was an elective procedure and not covered by my insurance.
Stephen Lincoln
2010 - 2011
There wasn't a lot of personal care [at Genetics & IVF Institute] but I felt they were very efficient and I never had to wait for long periods of time for my appointments... Overly expensive. It cost $2000 more than some other nearby clinics for the FET...The nurses were very helpful but getting in touch was sometimes challenging...He [Dr. Laurence Udoff] was a good listener and spent time to really understand my history. However, when it came to the treatment cycle I rarely saw him and he did not do my FET
2010 - 2011
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
There wasn't a lot of personal care but I felt they were very efficient and I never had to wait for long periods of time for my appointments.
He was a good listener and spent time to really understand my history. However, when it came to the treatment cycle I rarely saw him and he did not do my FET
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Kristen?)
The nurses were very helpful but getting in touch was sometimes challenging.
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
Dr Udoff was a good listener but his bedside manner was a bit cold. I do like that he was very direct and gave detailed explanations of treatments, diagnosis, etc. I did not like that he followed protocols without any room for analyzing whether it was necessary. For example, he insisted I get a mammogram before my second transfer even though I had only just finished nursing twins and the results of the mammogram would be unreliable.
If you are his patient, he's great for providing information but not very flexible. He has no bedside manner but he does seem to genuinely care about successful outcomes for his patients.
N/A I did a frozen embryo transfer with donated embryos because I was in premature ovarian failure
Overly expensive. It cost $2000 more than some other nearby clinics for the FET
My doctor let me decide. I did a double embryo transfer and I got pregnant with twins on my first try. I was overjoyed with this outcome and I appreciated the doctor respecting my right to choose.
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
[Genetics & IVF Institute] strengths - genetic testing, medium size clinic in which you see the same staff over and over and they know your case well and follow your progression. You are very well treated...20 K covered by insurance + 5 k for PGD...he [Dr. Laurence Udoff] is very strong in genetic implications of age related infertility, he is honest and open. He was encouraging without over promising. He is a balanced professional and has significant experience, I would have liked to be told about CQ10 and DHEA before the treatment and not after it didnt work, but outside of that, i dont have any complaints.
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Latino
5 IUI, 2 IVF, 3 Egg Freezing, Donor Sperm
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Genetics & IVF Institute.
He explained very carefully my case, the expectations of finding a good egg due to my age (44 at the time) and was honest in his approach.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Mandy)
She was very accommodating and thorough in her follow up and a very nice person
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
he is very strong in genetic implications of age related infertility, he is honest and open. He was encouraging without over promising. He is a balanced professional and has significant experience, I would have liked to be told about CQ10 and DHEA before the treatment and not after it didnt work, but outside of that, i dont have any complaints.
he is someone you can rely on
20 K covered by insurance + 5 k for PGD
they transfered 2 embryos that seemed to be doing Ok and were from a frozen cycle i did at age 39 and let the other 5 embryos be tested using PGD

2012 - 2015
5 IVF, Donor Eggs
There was a miscalculation of dates which led to a cancellation of a cycle and the wrong medication amounts used. Also had troubles getting the right call to the pharmacy for medication.
2012 - 2015
5 IVF, Donor Eggs
Dr. Udoff doesn't really have a very kind way about him. He is just there to do his job.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Genetics & IVF Institute. (Assigned nurse: Ashley mckittrick)
Ashley was wonderful. A gem. She worked so hard and was so fabulous. Unfortunately, due to some strange re organisation at GIVF, she was forced out. It was very sad as she was amazing.
What specific things went wrong at Genetics & IVF Institute?
How was your experience with Laurence Udoff at Genetics & IVF Institute?
For the first transfer, I was so well cared for by the nurses that I didn't mind so much that he was so cold. However during retrieval he had lots of issues with the transfer and wasn't very kind about it. I had had five previous transfers, so I was pretty well acquainted with the process and knew it was going poorly(and painful!). He did not acknowledge this at all nor explain anything while he was working. However, he also did my fourth transfer which did result in a successful second pregnancy.
Don't expect someone to hold your hand or make eye contact. He is a bit rough during transfers and it can be painful. He is probably talented, but just sharp edged.
Donor eggs