Genetic counseling: Offered
Selling medication is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
810 Chafee Avenue
Augusta, GA 30905
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Georgia Regents to a friend?

9.9

2 doctors
Anovulation, Male Factor
The clinic [Georgia Regents] has been very professional, organized, and tailored to each couple in how to treat our infertility. The staff goes out of their way to make my husband included in all of our visits/my procedures. ... Nursing staff are personable and have gone above and beyond to answer my questions. ... Dr. Jordan works very hard to keep the clinic's costs reasonable compared to what I have seen some other clinics charge.
Anovulation, Male Factor
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
The clinic has been very professional, organized, and tailored to each couple in how to treat our infertility. The staff goes out of their way to make my husband included in all of our visits/my procedures. I feel confident that we will get pregnant soon. I feel very comfortable with everyone who has been involved in my care.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Dr. Jordan objectively evaluates us as a couple. She treats our infertility as a puzzle and adjusts her plans as needed. She has taken the time to explain every aspect from timing, biology, and procedures to us. She performed a SIS on me and explained everything as she was doing it and I felt very comfortable with her in a rather uncomfortable situation. She has been optimistic and has helped me to be more optimistic about our situation.
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Dr. Jordan adjusts to the situation and there were a few times I thought we would be doing something and then we weren't. This last visit I thought I was getting an ovulation trigger shot for example and she decided I was late enough in my cycle that we would wait for my period and do another round of Clomid before trying IUI next month. It was more confusing than upsetting - but I would rather my doctor adjust to the situation than to stick to their guns stubbornly and not get the results.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
She takes your infertility personally and will adjust to the situation to get you to where you want to be - pregnant. She is blunt and will tell you what you need to hear.
Describe the protocols Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan used in your cycles at Georgia Regents and their degree of success.
The first appointment was meeting the team, discussing family and personal histories, and getting blood work workups to get hormone levels and to test me for genetic screenings. The following appointment was a saline sonogram (SIS) and she was very clear about what she was doing and made sure my husband and I could see what she was explaining on the sonogram. The SIS was to see if my uterus was fibroid/polyp free, fallopian tubes were patent (open), ovaries - to check my egg reserves. At our 3rd appointment she went over our mild infertility issues. She discussed that there is likely a cervical mucus issue for me along with my anovulation and my husband's slight motility issues. She suggested that we do IUI to bypass the cervix and insert more sperm straight into the uterus to help more sperm be where they need to be. She explained the whole process and was very reassuring that we should get pregnant within 1 or 2 IUI procedures. Since I respond to Clomid I will take Clomid and I will come back for an ultrasound to check that I responded to the medication and that my egg/s are ready to descend on CD 10-12. Then about 2 days after that my husband and I will both come in to do the IUI.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents.
I have paid $275 for my SIS. My genetic preconception tests and hormone blood work was almost completely covered through my insurance - I owed $10 of a $1250 bill. Dr. Jordan works very hard to keep the clinic's costs reasonable compared to what I have seen some other clinics charge.
Augusta

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents.

Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
...Dr Jordan [Georgia Regents] also didn't seem concerned with a diagnosis because it required an extra surgery, but when she saw an endometrioma on my saline sonogram and a separate uterus, she scheduled a laprascopy ASAP. Within two weeks I was in surgery and diagnosed with severe Stage 4 endometriosis. My Fallopian tubes both needed to be removed and Dr Jordan spent an additional 3 hours excising adhesions and scar tissue.
Endometriosis, Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
The clinic is small and operates on a university research budget, so office setting, decor, and atmosphere suffer. It is clean and efficient, but it isn't like the fancy clinics you'll see in commercials. However, the staff more than makes up for the appearance.
Dr Jordan always referred to me by name and knew my case history without having to look it up each time. When there was a setback, she took extra time to assure me that she was very dedicated to getting me pregnant and genuinely cared for my wellbeing.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents.
I has many painful setbacks during my care and each time I saw a nurse, they seemed truly sympathetic and compassionate. They all cheered a great deal when my Tests were positive.
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Dr Jordan is a very straight-forward person who immediately gives the impression that she is highly experienced, well trained, specially educated, and fully capable of handling your case. She presents all of the facts as they are and then tells you your chances, possible setbacks, and even explains the financial details. It's easy to see that fertility/infertility is her passion and that she cares more about success than money. Her bedside manner can come off as slightly flippant because she is so knowledgable, but she will listen when you advocate for yourself and gives you her full attention.
Be willing to let her have control because she knows what she is doing, but also be prepared to speak up for yourself when you have concerns.
I am 31 and always suspected endometriosis but it was never confirmed. Dr Jordan also didn't seem concerned with a diagnosis because it required an extra surgery, but when she saw an endometrioma on my saline sonogram and a separate uterus, she scheduled a laprascopy ASAP. Within two weeks I was in surgery and diagnosed with severe Stage 4 endometriosis. My Fallopian tubes both needed to be removed and Dr Jordan spent an additional 3 hours excising adhesions and scar tissue. My AMH was 3.4 so my protocol for IVF was micro-dose lupron antagonist. I did 20mcg lupron twice a day with 75mg menopur and 250mg Follistim each night for 10 days. I had 11 mature follicles at my last scan and 13 eggs were retrieved. All were fertilized using ICSI due to male factor infertility. 8 fertilized, 6 grew normally, transferred 1 (we were given the option of transferring 2 since my endo was so severe but we chose 1) and 5 embryos made it to freeze. My beta 8 days later was positive and I'm currently 37 weeks pregnant with one boy.
7,000$ plus medications
Augusta

The clinic [Georgia Regents-Augusta] is very small. Their facility is tiny and nothing fancy. It is clean and they get the job done but it was different from what I had envisioned. They are very laid back which is kind of nice.... Stacy was amazing! She knew my case, responded to all of my concerns, and just had a good personality.... Doctors Fee - $2900* Lab Fee - $3650 Anesthesia Fee - $375 Embryo Cryopreservation &lt;=8 - $475 First year of storage - $435 Injection Training - $25 *I received a discount on my doctor fee due to the clinic being 4 hours away from my home.
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
The clinic is very small. Their facility is tiny and nothing fancy. It is clean and they get the job done but it was different from what I had envisioned. They are very laid back which is kind of nice.
Stacy, the ivf coordinator, always made me feel like a human. She was busy but never seemed bothered by my questions. She knew my name and seemed to always remember my case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents. (Assigned nurse: Stacy Swetman)
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
Dr. Jordan is very knowledgeable. She pays close attention to results and looks for the underlying issue. I had been seeing my OB for 2.5 years before visiting Dr. Jordan and not once was anything said about my TSH level. Dr. Jordan put me on thyroid medicine immediately. She also noticed that my husbands blood results were off and was the one to determine he had an issue with his pituitary gland. She was laid back, honest, and always patient with us.
Ask all the questions you need to ask and trust her answers. She knows what she is doing.
I was on the microdose flare protocol. They chose this protocol based on my blood work. This protocol was very successful for me. They were able to retrieve 24 eggs, 16 of which were mature. I did not get OHSS.
Describe Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Georgia Regents.
My doctor did recommend transferring only one embryo. She made this recommendation based on the quality of the embryo.
Augusta

Iui was quoted to us at around 700 [at Georgia Regents]...The clinic seemed very knowledgeable in all aspects of fertility. They were sure to let us know what options we had for payments. And they made sure we knew how much the fertility treatments would be each time...The nursing staff was small but they were very kind. The only things I would say are that it took awhile for someone to come up to the front to check us in and even though they took my insurance card they didn’t save it on my file so I got a bill a month later even though that visit would have been covered under my insurance
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Layman at Georgia Regents?
It was a very long consultation but he went through everything with us so we understood how he was planning on helping us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
What specific things went wrong at Georgia Regents?
How was your experience with Lawrence Layman at Georgia Regents?
He was very straight forward and to the point. He was very detailed in explaining every step we would have to go through. He had a good bedside manner and I felt comfortable with him. He was open in talking over all our previous results and very honest about the chances we have to get pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Layman at Georgia Regents?
Be prepared for a long consultation. It took about three hours but they go over everything and get most of your testing done at the consultation
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Layman at Georgia Regents.
Iui was quoted to us at around 700
Lawrence Layman
Augusta

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Lawrence Layman at Georgia Regents.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
They [nurses at Georgia Regents] were very well organized and always on top of the treatments. They also were very caring and made sure that we were always taken care of... they are blunt about optimizing your diet and exercise. But they only want what’s best and want you to be successful. They are so friendly And kind. There is a long wait sometimes but it’s because the doctors see all of their patients personally every time.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Georgia Regents.
Only weakness is people get scared away because they are blunt about optimizing your diet and exercise. But they only want what’s best and want you to be successful. They are so friendly And kind. There is a long wait sometimes but it’s because the doctors see all of their patients personally every time.
She always wanted what was best for us. And treated us personally.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Georgia Regents. (Assigned nurse: Cindy )
They were very well organized and always on top of the treatments. They also were very caring and made sure that we were always taken care of.
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Georgia Regents?
She is very straightforward and very blunt but she gets amazing results. She also is very organized and makes sure to take the time to explain everything to you. She also will make sure that your physical health and mental health are optimized before she proceeds with treatment. She doesn’t want to treat and charge money if she doesn’t think she will be successful.
Don’t let her scare you. Her bluntness is because she cares.
Selective embryo transfer