9.9

Acupuncture is not offered
Acupuncture is not offered

810 Chafee Avenue
Augusta, GA 30905

Dr. Jordan prefers single embryo transfers because the risk of multiples having health problems/death is not worth it...Felt like a human because she is extremely friendly. She gives you her full attention and doesn’t leave any details out. Makes you feel warm and welcome each time she’s in the room...is extremely busy but she makes you feel like she can sit and talk to you all day. She is excellent at telling you what to expect and what each procedure entails. She could do a better job with the details of what comes next in the process. I am a nurse so I feel like I ask appropriate questions as to what to expect. That information isn’t always readily given to you.
Ultrasound appointments were generally done first thing in the morning, starting at 8:00 am [at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates]. You’re seen as you get there so people usually come early to get in line...The clinic is small and Dr. Jordan’s business is booming. She could use a larger office space with additional patient rooms. Overall the clinic is always very clean. You may have trouble getting in touch to make an appointment because scheduling initially goes through Augusta University Hospital. Once you’re an established patient, communication becomes much easier.
How was your experience with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
Dr. Jordan is extremely busy but she makes you feel like she can sit and talk to you all day. She is excellent at telling you what to expect and what each procedure entails. She could do a better job with the details of what comes next in the process. I am a nurse so I feel like I ask appropriate questions as to what to expect. That information isn’t always readily given to you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
Don’t hesitate to go see her!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
Describe the protocols Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan used in your cycles at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates and their degree of success.
Egg retrieval medications started with SQ Lupron injections morning and night (on a Wednesday). Then a couple days later we added SQ Menopur and SQ Follistim injections in the evening. The next Monday, Wednesday and Friday I went into the clinic and had my estrogen levels drawn and transvaginal ultrasounds for follicle counts. On Wednesday’s visit my estrogen levels were high and I was told to start drinking 40-60 grams of protein every 4-6 hours and to decrease my Follistim dosage that evening. On Friday’s visit my estrogen levels doubled and I was told to stop the menopur and Follistim altogether and begin drinking 80 grams of protein every 4 hours. My retrieval was on the next Monday and I had to do the HCG trigger shot over the weekend prior to. They retrieved 30 eggs under sedation and told me to continue drinking the protein to prevent Ovarian Hyperstimulation Syndrome.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Stacy Sweatman, RN )
The nursing staff is great. Very compassionate and receptive to questions.
Describe your experience with Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
Ultrasound appointments were generally done first thing in the morning, starting at 8:00 am. You’re seen as you get there so people usually come early to get in line.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
I do not recall specific costs.
Describe Larisa Gavrilova-Jordan's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
Augusta

Dr. Jordan is an excellent doctor...She took her time and explained every procedure and what she was seeing. She answered any questions I had. Even though she is super busy, she never seemed rushed when talking to me...Since she is associated with AU, there are students studying with her. They always introduce themselves and I am sure if it was an issue, then they don't have to be in the room.
The nurses [at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine] have been wonderful. One even held my hand during a procedure where there was a bit of pain. The nurses have called me back ASAP to reassure me about things. The nurses are the best I have ever had at a doctors office...The clinic forgot to order one lab, but at my next appointment they ordered it. It was an extremely minor error.
Dr. Jordan is an excellent doctor. From your visit, she explains that she wants her patients to be informed about everything. She took her time and explained every procedure and what she was seeing. She answered any questions I had. Even though she is super busy, she never seemed rushed when talking to me.
Dr. Jordan always took her time to answer all my questions. She also always explained everything so I knew what to expect.
Letrozole 2.5 mg- Cycle days- 3-5. Produced 2 mature follicles. Used to maximize egg production for IUI. Ovidrel trigger shot- only used when a positive ovulation test was not obtain by a certain date. IUI- We have male factor infertility. After 3 failed IUIs, we will move onto IVF.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
The nurses have been wonderful. One even held my hand during a procedure where there was a bit of pain. The nurses have called me back ASAP to reassure me about things. The nurses are the best I have ever had at a doctors office.
The clinic is smaller and very much no frills. I like that. They are extremely busy and there have been times where wait times are high. They are hiring new staff to make things better. The clinic is easy to get to with plenty of free parking.
IUI is not covered by our insurance. With the ultrasound, sperm analysis and wash, trigger shot and the actual IUI procedure, it was around $1200.
What specific things went wrong at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.

2015, Successful
...Dr Jordan [Georgia Regents] also didn't seem concerned with a diagnosis because it required an extra surgery, but when she saw an endometrioma on my saline sonogram and a separate uterus, she scheduled a laprascopy ASAP. Within two weeks I was in surgery and diagnosed with severe Stage 4 endometriosis. My Fallopian tubes both needed to be removed and Dr Jordan spent an additional 3 hours excising adhesions and scar tissue.
Dr Jordan is a very straight-forward person who immediately gives the impression that she is highly experienced, well trained, specially educated, and fully capable of handling your case. She presents all of the facts as they are and then tells you your chances, possible setbacks, and even explains the financial details. It's easy to see that fertility/infertility is her passion and that she cares more about success than money. Her bedside manner can come off as slightly flippant because she is so knowledgable, but she will listen when you advocate for yourself and gives you her full attention.
Be willing to let her have control because she knows what she is doing, but also be prepared to speak up for yourself when you have concerns.
Dr Jordan always referred to me by name and knew my case history without having to look it up each time. When there was a setback, she took extra time to assure me that she was very dedicated to getting me pregnant and genuinely cared for my wellbeing.
I am 31 and always suspected endometriosis but it was never confirmed. Dr Jordan also didn't seem concerned with a diagnosis because it required an extra surgery, but when she saw an endometrioma on my saline sonogram and a separate uterus, she scheduled a laprascopy ASAP. Within two weeks I was in surgery and diagnosed with severe Stage 4 endometriosis. My Fallopian tubes both needed to be removed and Dr Jordan spent an additional 3 hours excising adhesions and scar tissue. My AMH was 3.4 so my protocol for IVF was micro-dose lupron antagonist. I did 20mcg lupron twice a day with 75mg menopur and 250mg Follistim each night for 10 days. I had 11 mature follicles at my last scan and 13 eggs were retrieved. All were fertilized using ICSI due to male factor infertility. 8 fertilized, 6 grew normally, transferred 1 (we were given the option of transferring 2 since my endo was so severe but we chose 1) and 5 embryos made it to freeze. My beta 8 days later was positive and I'm currently 37 weeks pregnant with one boy.
I has many painful setbacks during my care and each time I saw a nurse, they seemed truly sympathetic and compassionate. They all cheered a great deal when my Tests were positive.
The clinic is small and operates on a university research budget, so office setting, decor, and atmosphere suffer. It is clean and efficient, but it isn't like the fancy clinics you'll see in commercials. However, the staff more than makes up for the appearance.
7,000$ plus medications
2018, Consult
Be prepared for a long consultation [with Dr. Lawrence Layman]. It took about three hours but they go over everything and get most of your testing done at the consultation...he went through everything with us so we understood how he was planning on helping us...He was very straight forward and to the point...He had a good bedside manner and I felt comfortable with him. He was open in talking over all our previous results and very honest about the chances we have to get pregnant.
Iui was quoted to us at around 700 [at Georgia Regents]...The clinic seemed very knowledgeable in all aspects of fertility. They were sure to let us know what options we had for payments. And they made sure we knew how much the fertility treatments would be each time...The nursing staff was small but they were very kind. The only things I would say are that it took awhile for someone to come up to the front to check us in and even though they took my insurance card they didn’t save it on my file so I got a bill a month later even though that visit would have been covered under my insurance
How was your experience with Lawrence Layman at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
He was very straight forward and to the point. He was very detailed in explaining every step we would have to go through. He had a good bedside manner and I felt comfortable with him. He was open in talking over all our previous results and very honest about the chances we have to get pregnant.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Lawrence Layman at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
Be prepared for a long consultation. It took about three hours but they go over everything and get most of your testing done at the consultation
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Lawrence Layman at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates?
It was a very long consultation but he went through everything with us so we understood how he was planning on helping us
Describe your experience with your nurse at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates. (Assigned nurse: Ashley)
Describe the costs associated with your care under Lawrence Layman at Augusta University Reproductive Medicine and Infertility Associates.
Iui was quoted to us at around 700
Lawrence Layman

2016 - 2019, Unknown Success
She is compassionate, intelligent and very encouraging. She makes sure she goes above and beyond to make me comfortable and to make sure I understand the process. ... Dr. Jordan cares about her patients in a personal way. She encourages and comforts me. Although, we are still struggling to have a baby, dr. Jordan is by far the best doctor I’ve ever seen.
The staff [at Georgia Regents] is friendly. ... We’ve done a procedure to remove polyps from my uterus. We’ve done and HSG test and had my husband’s sperm tested. We’ve done many cycles with femera and ultrasound monitoring and lifestyle change but it hasn’t worked. ... We’ve tried for a long time and still don’t have our miracle but we know it will happen. Dr Jordan is amazing at what she does and I fully trust her as a patient.
Dr Jordan is the best doctor I’ve ever had. She is compassionate, intelligent and very encouraging. She makes sure she goes above and beyond to make me comfortable and to make sure I understand the process.
You will be pleasantly surprised at how caring she is.
We’ve done a procedure to remove polyps from my uterus. We’ve done and HSG test and had my husband’s sperm tested. We’ve done many cycles with femera and ultrasound monitoring and lifestyle change but it hasn’t worked. Dr. Jordan suggested our next step should be IVF, but we currently do not have the money.
It’s small but the doctor is great. The staff is friendly. You may have to wait some but dr. Jordan is worth the wait, she’s awesome! We’ve tried for a long time and still don’t have our miracle but we know it will happen. Dr Jordan is amazing at what she does and I fully trust her as a patient.