Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture: OfferedMental health counseling: OfferedNutrition counseling: OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing: OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
3400-A Old Milton Parkway
Alpharetta, GA 30005
2001 Peachtree Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30309
5445 Meridian Mark Road
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-843-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta to a friend?
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
The nursing staff is the clinic's [Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] best asset. They always showed compassion and were very knowledgeable. I always felt like I was in good hands.... I was on Letrozole and clomid to produce more eggs and improve my ovulation to increase fertilization. I also had 1 IUI because of the greater chances of conceiving with the procedure.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
She seemed to care about helping us meet our goal to have a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Dr. Namnoum medical assistant)
The nursing staff is the clinic's best asset. They always showed compassion and were very knowledgeable. I always felt like I was in good hands.
How was your experience with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
She is really knowledgeable of clinical information but not as personal as other clinicians or nursing staff. I think it would have been a better experience if I was able to lose weight in her time frame. I also think she would have been more comfortable if there was an explanation for my infertility; because right now we do not have a diagnosed reason. Dr. Namnoum has a great support staff around that interacts with her patients in a great way. I am always amazed that they remember me and acknowledge where we are in our treatment or journey. I continue to go to Dr. Namnoum because of her clinical knowledge and her supportive staff. I also think it is important to recognize that they often listen to the patient. I never wanted to do an IUI to conceive and Dr. Namnoum works hard to prevent us from having to utilize that option on a regular basis. She also encourages a second opinion at all times which I like. She is not a cocky know it all doctor. She literally will conduct research in your presence to determine the best course of action for you. I also like that I feel like I am included in my care and my voice really matters.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I would say go in with an open mind and provide your input throughout the entire journey.
Describe the protocols Anne Brawner Namnoum used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
Anne Brawner Namnoum
The clinic [Shady Grove] is located in a good area and they have two offices. The strengths of the clinic the staff and doctors are very knowledgeable about everything. Very helpful and willing to go the extra mile for you.... Insurance did not cover any fertility treatments. The cost of our IUI's were significantly cheaper than we thought it was going to be. IUI cycle and treatment it was under $1,500 this included meds, copay, gas etc....
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is located in a good area and they have two offices. The strengths of the clinic the staff and doctors are very knowledgeable about everything. Very helpful and willing to go the extra mile for you. The only weakness I would say, I lived in Knoxville, TN and had to drive three hours to and from. Some days I would get back on the road right after my appointment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
My first encounter with Dr. McCarthy-Keith was like no other. She was recommended to me after I had my Fibroids removed, she was very welcoming and made my husband and I feel very comfortable. The doctors I saw before her all told me I needed to get a hysterectomy and that I had no chance of conceiving. My husband and I had only been married for two years and the thought of not getting pregnant was never an option. I would travel 3 hours to Atlanta from Knoxville, TN to see her. She was very accommodating and very patient with us.
How was your experience with Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Our Experience with Dr. MK, where do I begin? As I previously stated I was diagnosed with Uterine Fibroids and my Uterus was enlarged. The doctor told me I needed to get a hysterectomy, the option to remove my fibroids were never discussed. I had no idea exactly what all that meant. We moved from Virginia to Tennessee and I figured we would get another opinion. To tell a newly married couple they had no chance of starting a family was devastating. Words really can't describe the feeling.... I was numb. We moved to Knoxville, TN from Virginia and I was getting the same diagnosis. I went online and found a holistic gynecologist in Atlanta that was willing to remove my fibroids. This is the same doctor that recommended Dr. MK. After our first meeting with Dr. MK I was in tears, tears of joy. For the first time in a long time I could see a little light in this darkness we were in. We connected instantly! We not only talked about why we were there, but she wanted to know about us. She made things feel so much more at ease and less stressful. I always looked forward to my appointments. When things didn't go as planned she always was quick to devise a new course of action. I went through 5 failed IUI cycles, she recommended that we go on to a more aggressive course of action with IVF. We moved from Knoxville to Durham, NC. I wasn't happy about the move at first, I wanted to continue my treatments with Dr. MK. We told Dr. MK about our move, she was happy for us. She immediately recommended a clinic and doctor to us. Since our move a few months ago we have stayed in contact with her keeping her updated. I'm not sure how many doctors would take the time to do that. She has written me several reference letters for grant applications. She is truly a blessing. Having Dr. MK in our lives, has shown us how we should be treated and what the expectations should be. Dr. MK always responded to emails, voice mails, etc..... I never felt like we were getting the run around. Dr. MK is at the top of her field.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Be patient through out your journey. I know it's easier said then done, but she (Dr. MK) has helped us with this.
Describe the protocols Desiree McCarthy-Keith used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
I'm not particular sure about specific protocol, however after my first visit with her she explained that I would be a good candidate for IUI. She explained everything to us and what it would entail. I started my first IUI treatment and I was on Letrozole and Gonal F. As I continued with the IUI's she changed my medication and dosage due to how my body responded from the previous cycle, I went from Gonal F to Follistim. Sher also added Ovidrel as well, I went from 2 pills to 4 pills in one cycle. We believed we were getting closer to getting pregnant. DR. MK finally decide that we needed to move to a more aggressive approach.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I had health insurance, I was pleased that even though I was out of network insurance covered some things. I lived in TN and was receiving treatment in GA. Insurance did not cover any fertility treatments. The cost of our IUI's were significantly cheaper than we thought it was going to be. IUI cycle and treatment it was under $1,500 this included meds, copay, gas etc....
Sandy Springs
During my IUI cycle, I was told at 3:30pm that I needed to take my trigger shot that evening [by Shady Grove-Atlanta]. This was my first medicated IUI and didn't have much knowledge about the procedure. The medical assistant proceeded to ask me if I had the trigger shot. I didn't because they hadn't called in the prescription and I had no idea it would be difficult to get quickly. The specialty pharmacy that carried the medication was geographically very inconvenient for me to get to and I wasn't able to leave work early at such late notice. My husband had to cancel his plans, and drive across town in order to pick up the medication so I could take it on time. This should never have happened. This clinic understands how stressful these things can be and their inability to anticipate this potential issue was inexcusable in my book. After this IUI, I changed to a different practice and never looked back.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Some of the staff are very friendly. The financial support person, Candice was great. This clinic's biggest weakness is communication. There is no way to get in touch with someone after hours or on the weekends. Even when you call during normal business hours you always have to leave a voicemail and wait for a call back. The phone doesn't even ring, it just goes to voicemail.
The office staff that I encountered at the remote office at Piedmont Hospital were always very friendly. The staff at the main location near Northside Hospital were not very friendly or compassionate. There were some miscommunications regarding the reason for one of my visits to the main location and I was made to feel like it was my fault.
The nurses were competent, but did not communicate well. There is no way to get in touch with the practice after hours or on weekends. Even when you call during normal business hours, you ALWAYS have to leave a voicemail and wait for a returned call. The phone doesn't even ring, it just goes to voicemail.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Namnoum was compassionate and knowledgeable. However, she does not have strong recommendations for courses of treatment. She provided education and allowed me to make the call about what to do next. I would have prefered more direction from our doctor.
Bring all questions to your appointments. It is difficult to get in touch with her otherwise.
All of my and my husband's tests came back normal, so we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I started seeing Dr. Namnoum after doing 3 cycles of clomid under my primary OB/Gyn practice. We did 2 more cycles with letrozole with Dr. Namnoum. Under my own motivation, I started acupuncture and did the Whole30 diet. Dr. Namnoum was supportive of these lifestyle changes and my desire to see what happened during an unmedicated cycle. This cycle resulted in a pregnancy. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. When we were ready to start treatment again, she suggested a medicated IUI. I took Letrozole and a trigger shot prior to the procedure. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I have infertility coverage through my insurance, so most of these visits were covered.
Buckhead/Piedmont
Georgia Reproductive Specialists is the best infertility clinic in the metro Atlanta area. We spent a lot of time and money working with other doctors in other clinics without any success and no one able to tell us "why" we weren't getting pregnant.... [Cost Of Treatment] Around $15-20,000 for the entire process including medications, ICSI, cryopreservation, etc.... Jacqueline was very patient in demonstrating how to administer all medications/injections. She was very compassionate and supportive throughout the process. She was always concerned about my overall well-being.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Perloe was very thorough and reviewed my extensive medical history. He was able to quickly identify concerns with my current medication and identified a problem with my husband that several others doctors did not mention. He answered all of my questions any time I was in the office and he was also very responsive via email.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Cody)
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Perloe is truly an expert in his field. He is very matter of fact and was able to quickly identify our infertility barriers and a solution after working with several other doctors over the course of years. He has extensive experience researching PCOS and treated this disorder with modified medications, diet and exercise. He set out a plan for me and had data to back up his recommendations. He was able to diagnose my husband with sperm morphology issues (which no other doctor had identified) and immediately knew that IVF with ICSI would be our best option. He thoroughly explained what was happening at each appointment as well as next steps. I always felt informed and supported. I was very comfortable working with Dr. Perloe and I was always confident in his recommendations. Even after I left his care after my first trimester, I would still rely on him for medical advice because I valued his opinion so much. My husband and I are eternally grateful for his knowledge and expertise. Without him we would not have our beautiful baby girl that we tried to conceive for over 6 years.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
That he is truly an expert in treating infertility. He is very direct and will tell you what you need to do and/or stop doing to get the best results.
Describe the protocols Mark Perloe used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
Dr. Perloe changed the type of Metformin I was taking daily from extended release to regular. He suggested I take Ovasitol daily for PCOS and prenatal vitamins from Theralogix. He was very careful in monitoring the amount of medication used and its effects on my eggs to ensure that they were not overstimulated (which can be common in PCOS patients). If anything appeared abnormal he would lower the dosage. My egg retrieval was very successful and I had 17 mature eggs. He recommended to do ICSI since my husband had morphology issues. The embryos that developed were frozen and we also did the genetic screening on the embryos and had 3 normal embryos. I embryo was transferred in November 2016 and we had a successful cycle with a healthy baby born August 8, 2017.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Describe Mark Perloe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Dr. Perloe recommended a single embryo transfer since carrying multiples can be very taxing on the body and there are elevated risks for complications.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
They [nurses at Georgia Reproductive Specialists] are all very responsive. If I have questions or need a help with an injection, they are very good about walking through the steps and keeping you encouraged throughout the process. They all have a friendly demeanor.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Georgia Reproductive Specialist is one of the top clinics in the the Atlanta area. I was first drawn to them because their prices for IVF were more reasonable. It is easy to get an appointment relatively quickly and all of the doctors in the practice work together. The front office staff is also extremely helpful.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith treated me husband and I like we were her only patients during each visit. She empathized with our situation and let us know that her goal was to help us get a baby.
They are all very responsive. If I have questions or need a help with an injection, they are very good about walking through the steps and keeping you encouraged throughout the process. They all have a friendly demeanor.
I was referred to Dr. McCarthy-Keith from another friend who raved about her. She is exceptional at what she does and clearly communicates prognosis, test results and recommendations with compassion. She never seems too rushed or busy to answer questions.
Don't be afraid of asking her to explain all of your options for fertility treatments and any questions (small or large). She is very willing to answer any and all.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith has recommended that we pursue a donor egg IVF cycle since our funds are limited and this would give us a better chance of conceiving versus using my eggs with a 20% chance. We are currently saving up to go down this route.
The clinic recently merged with Shady Grove so the donor egg cycle costs changed some from our first visit. They now have two options that start at $28k.
Buckhead/Piedmont
GRS has many different locations around the Atlanta area. The doctor's are at different locations on different days which is helpful for people who have to travel. The clinic is very clean with many smiling faces and information/literature waiting for you. They get results back to you as soon as they get them in. Communication is of very good quality!... The staff really gets to know you and calls to check on you, as well as, wishes you the best of luck after each appointment.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Dr. Namnoum and her nurse call you by name every visit as well as hug you and tell you they missed you if it has been a while between appointments. The staff really gets to know you and calls to check on you, as well as, wishes you the best of luck after each appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
Every one at GRS, either of the locations, is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Namnoum's nurse is Tracy. Tracy is who I communicated with mostly and saw in the office before appointments. Occasionally, I saw another nurse and nursing staff all of which were of the same quality.
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Namnoum is very knowledgeable and follows the typical protocol when one is labeled as infertile. She has a very sweet bedside manner, as well as, takes time to explain each procedure/process. Dr. Namnoum is very gentle and has a soft spoken voice.
Do your homework.
I did 2 IUI's with Dr. Namnoum so far. She prescribed femara for both rounds taken during days 3-7 of your cycle with a trigger shot of gonadotropin after an ultrasound on day 10 to assess if there are viable follicles to perform the IUI. If ultrasound looks good then trigger shot taken on day 13. IUI performed on day 14.
Most of our cost were copays, medication cost, and paying for the cost of the testing. Many of the genetic screening test cost us over $1,000 each. The most a medication cost us was $250.
2013 - 2016
PCOS, Unexplained
The clinic [GA Repro Specialists] has a wonderful staff and the atmosphere at the Meridian Mark Office is fantastic... They always worked with me on my schedule. I was always seen at my scheduled time which helped since I was working. I felt very at ease, even when things were not going as planned.... A nurse was also always available to answer questions when I called, and if I had to leave a message the call was returned promptly.... The nurses seemed to be very knowledgeable and always able to answer questions.
2013 - 2016
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic has a wonderful staff and the atmosphere at the Meridian Mark Office is fantastic. I was unable to visit their other campuses. They always worked with me on my schedule. I was always seen at my scheduled time which helped since I was working. I felt very at ease, even when things were not going as planned.
She always greeted me by name and had clearly reviewed my file or remembered me from previous treatment. I never felt there were too many patients or rushed at any of my appointments.
The nurses seemed to be very knowledgeable and always able to answer questions. They were always aware of the circumstances surrounding my treatment and care. A nurse was also always available to answer questions when I called, and if I had to leave a message the call was returned promptly.
I felt she was very knowledgeable and did a wonderful job explaining everything to me. Always made me feel comfortable even when delivering bad news. She was always able to answer my questions and she always listened to my concerns.
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
Because I had unexplained infertility she started off with a round of IUI. After that it was determined that IVF would likely be our best bet. I was given a plan and the first round I had to stop due to a polyp on my uterus. I had the surgery to remove that and then we proceeded with our round. I began the medications and had the egg retrieval which produced 18 eggs. After fertilization we had 13 eggs fertilize to create embryos but only 6 lasted until day 5. Because of our ages we had the genetic testing done. Of the 6 embryos only one was viable. We transferred the one embryo and received a positive pregnancy test. At our ultrasound appointment it was determined that I had a blighted ovum and in fact was not pregnant.
My insurance covered the testing. All of my procedures were paid out of pocket. Total for all of my treatment was $20,247.01, not including the medications.
Describe Desiree McCarthy-Keith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I think her approach was perfect because based on the results from the genetic testing it was the only viable option for us.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
The clinic [Shady Grove Atlanta] is great! Nice staff & very friendly environment. It’s a clean environment and very welcoming. Any questions one may have anybody is there to answer. They all are caring & make sure to tend to the needs of the patient.... The nurse was great. Whenever I call she was there to answer all my questions. Very nice and pleasant.... I felt like a human because when I hurt Dr. McCarthy-Keith hurt as well. It shows she has a passion for what she does.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is great! Nice staff & very friendly environment. It’s a clean environment and very welcoming. Any questions one may have anybody is there to answer. They all are caring & make sure to tend to the needs of the patient.
I felt like a human because when I hurt Dr. McCarthy-Keith hurt as well. It shows she has a passion for what she does. She personable & willing to ensure as a human you’re comfortable. She’s upfront & straightforward.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Rita Christopher )
She’s personable informative straightforward & tells it like it is. She gives stats & will inform you as a patient if the process will work. What she says for the ,ost part is correct & she looks out for the best interest of the patient.
Listen to what she says. She’s looking out for your best interest. She’s honest and will give the best treatment to whoever she comes in contact with.
After reviewing my med list from other IVF doctor, she said she will increase my dosage and recommended DHEA & CoQ10 to increase my egg quality due to my 1st retrieval being 10 eggs with only 2 fertilizing. She also stated I should continue acupuncture & change my diet and incorporate exercise.
Meds-$500
She wants to transfer 1 embryo as opposed to 2 due to my age. I understand her logic & am in agreement with her.
Alpharetta
I think everything about this clinic [GA Reproductive Specialists] is great except that you have to pay for parking!...Pam Spencer was AMAZING. She answered emails efficiently, communicated every detail needed and was always there to answer questions - no matter how silly they were. The rest of the staff at the clinic were all great from the person who drew my blood to the nursing assistants...It felt like Dr Namnoum and her staff really wanted us to succeed and she listened to us when we had questions and always answered them honestly and without fluff.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I think everything about this clinic is great except that you have to pay for parking!
Dr Namnoum treated me as a person instead of being part of a protocol. I never felt like she saw me as a statistic for her practice success. It felt like Dr Namnoum and her staff really wanted us to succeed and she listened to us when we had questions and always answered them honestly and without fluff.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Pam Spencer)
Dr Namnoum is a not a chatty doctor, but she is kind and listens and made me feel like an individual, not a practice statistic. She immediately did tests that the previous doctor didn't even consider and the resut was pregnancy in our first round of IVF.
Dr Namnoum is a kind person and a talented doctor, but she is not chatty so don't expect long conversations.
Dr Namnoum put us on an antagonist protocol. I started with birth control pills and then a combination of Follistim and Cetrotide with an HCG trigger shot and then Progesterone injections once the transfer was done until 11 weeks pregnant. Results were exactly what we wanted - a successful pregnancy!
Describe Anne Brawner Namnoum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
We transferred 1 embryo as there was no indication that multiple embryo transfer was necessary.
Sandy Springs
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] is inviting and has a warm atmosphere. the only thing is no children are allowed so it makes it difficult for single mothers to come....They [nursing staff] were open and helpful in describing and demonstrating how to give myself shots and where to give them. they were easily reachable by telephone and always available for questions...The cost was 20,000 for one cycle not including the cost of the drugs. (cycle included egg retrieval, fertilization and embryo transplantation for all embryos created from that cycle.)
European, South Asian
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is inviting and has a warm atmosphere. the only thing is no children are allowed so it makes it difficult for single mothers to come.
Well there was a lot of patients so it is hard not to feel like a number, but the nurses and others there made me feel like a human.
They were open and helpful in describing and demonstrating how to give myself shots and where to give them. they were easily reachable by telephone and always available for questions.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
He was straight forward and to the point but wasn't overly negative or defeatist. He was a realist who didn't crush ones' hopes. He did communicate quickly but was open to questions and concerns. One thing was he was open to other treatments working in tandem with his own-acupuncture, etc.
Have questions and be prepared with what you want and expect.
we tried one round of IUI as i already had 5 with another doctor. we then went to IVF which he felt would work better considering my age. we used a lot of drugs and hormones, but he was open to me getting acupuncture and eastern herbal drinks in collaboration with the western drugs.
He preferred one at a time but also strongly recommended genetic testing particularly considering my age.
Sandy Springs
All of them [nurses at Shady Grove] was great they had open communication and assisted me with everything...Great communication, very compassionate. Only complaint I have is front desk can't assist with billing issues. They refer you to billing rep. That you have to wait until they call you back. Even the nurses that do you labs are great, they was always polite and understanding... Love the new look of the office.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
She fully explained everything to me and my husband. She always spike and hug me when she saw me. She always made the call when my test came back.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Julie /Linda am not good with names)
All of them was great they had open communication and assisted me with everything
I loved everyone there all of my nurses was great, they all answered and assisted me with everything and answered every question I have ever had. Dr. MK always took my request into consideration. I loved this clinic and the staff.
Go in with a open mind, Dr. MK will advise you of the steps you need to follow. Just follow her lead.
I don't remember my protocol, but I do remember I stimed for 10 days retrieved only 5 eggs, 3 made it to day 5. She did suggest testing our eggs but at the time we couldn't afford it. My last visit she did advise for next cycle to be aggressive and test my embryo, she feels like will be the next best step.
12k
I suggest multiple due to you are giving my chances for one to be successful
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Everyone [at Georga Reproductive Specialists] was super helpful and nice, from the front desk people to the lab techs. Everything was done in a timely manner and we were in and out quickly.... Rita [the nurse] was super sweet and helpful. She communicated clearly and with much compassion and tact.... The doctor knew my name as well as my partner's. She even remembered a joke my husband made. Was always welcoming and knowledgeable about our specific situation.
Ashkenazi Jewish, Middle Eastern
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Everyone was super helpful and nice, from the front desk people to the lab techs. Everything was done in a timely manner and we were in and out quickly.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Rita and Devon)
Rita was super sweet and helpful. She communicated clearly and with much compassion and tact.
She was amazing! Very knowledgeable, caring, compassionate and smart. We felt like she was 100% on the same page as we were. She explained all the options clearly, and helped us make the choice that was right for us. She was always sweet and patient, and made us feel more positive about the whole experience. We our sooo grateful for her help and the huge role she played in the birth of our son.
Go see her!
Three IUI cycles with no success. One egg retrieval and two transfer cycles, the second of which resulted in a pregnancy and delivery of healthy baby boy.
IUI's ran about $800, IVF, including all meds about $20,000
No comments.
PCOS, Unexplained
I had an appointment scheduled with the Doctor [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] and then ended up only seeing the nurse. There was some miscommunication on my IUI protocol (I did not receive a written out protocol, instead I was only verbally notified by the IUI RN)...Clinic is going through some growing pains and it is very noticeable. At times it can seem a bit disorganized (recently transitioned from paper to electronic). The clinic is small and waiting room can be awkward at times. The Doctor is what keeps me from switching clinics.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
It took more than a few appointments to feel like a human but I think this was just part of the process.
IUI Nurse - not very organized. Responded with short answers, almost as if my questions were an inconvenience. Nursing Staff - helpful and friendly
What specific things went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Namnoum is thorough and detailed. She is easy to talk to and explains procedures/options well. I feel like she really cares and I am not just another number There are times when I feel a bit rushed when seeing her but I have learned not to let her leave the room until I have all my questions/concerns answered.
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
IUI (Letrozole, Ovidrel) IUI (Letrozole, Gonal F, Ovidrel)
$40 copay for each visit.
Sandy Springs
The nursing staff [at Georgia Reproductive Specialists-Sandy Springs] is very friendly and encouraging. They are always smiling and call you by name... My wife took medication for 5 days. Then went in for an ultrasound to check follicles. A trigger shot was given the day before the IUI was done.... She [Dr. Anne Brawner Namnoum] was very encouraging to my wife and I. She seemed to know what she was talking about and always had an answer to any of our questions. She helped us try to eliminate what the problems were and how to solve them
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Some strengths of the clinic would be that they get results, do what it takes to get the results you are wanting, and help you figure out the financial side of everything.
They were friendly, nice, and seemed like they cared.
The nursing staff is very friendly and encouraging. They are always smiling and call you by name.
She was very encouraging to my wife and I. She seemed to know what she was talking about and always had an answer to any of our questions. She helped us try to eliminate what the problems were and how to solve them.
Ask questions.
What cost the most were the genetic screenings and medication.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
I truly appreciate the excellent IVF work performed by Dr. Anne Namnoum and her staff at GRS. I received professionalism, compassion and top of the line care....She will look out for your best interest, so that your body is optimal to receive the transfer. [Nurses] Gail and Dawn were both thoughtful, friendly, smart and detailed. They answered all my questions and taught my husband how to administer the numerous at home shots.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage, Other
Nice clean office Friendly staff
Dr. Namnoun is highly intelligent, wise and personable. She is a skilled RE who is positive.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Gail, Dawn, Tracey)
Before IVF began, Dr. Namnoum removed polyps from my service, which was something I truly needed. Genetic testing revealed that I was have a little girl, even before the FET. My Original date for FET got pushed back because a follicle was growing, despite the Lupron. Dr. Namnoun wisely updated my protocol, so that my FET was at the right time.
2010 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
Yolanda [my nurse] is one of the best people I've met. She's cheerful and kind and doesn't condescend. Willing to answer totally stupid questions about my treatment without making me feel like a moron.
2010 - 2015
Tubal Blockage, Immunological, Other, Unexplained
They never confused me with another patient. All the nurses knew and remembered me and my history.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda)
Yolanda is one of the best people I've met. She's cheerful and kind and doesn't condescend. Willing to answer totally stupid questions about my treatment without making me feel like a moron. Always remembers my family and their interests. Just a super lady to have in your corner during a turbulent time in your life. Can't say enough great things about her.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
He's extremely knowledgeable about the very latest studies and willing to try your ideas (within reason). Doesn't sugarcoat, doesn't condescend.
He's a bit of an odd bird, but I liked that he treated me like an intelligent human being capable of understanding my own treatment and my own body. Not that he's rude, but if you want a doctor to be your BFF confidant, maybe look somewhere else.
Sandy Springs
He [Dr. Mark Perloe] is very good at explaining the processes and helping the patient feel optimistic. He is also at every single appointment, which i understand is a rarity. He also generally sees you pretty shortly after you arrive instead of waiting for hours and hours... The dr himself was involved at every appt.... Yolanda and Jaqueline are AMAZING!!! They are available whenever you need them and they are always so caring.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
They are very good. Just know in advance that they don't accept AMEX.
The dr himself was involved at every appt
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda and Jaqueline)
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
He is very good at explaining the processes and helping the patient feel optimistic. He is also at every single appointment, which i understand is a rarity. He also generally sees you pretty shortly after you arrive instead of waiting for hours and hours
IUI plus ovidrel to lead to a pregnancy IVF
about $1500-2000 for IUI about $20,000 for IVF package that includes subsequent embryoes