Genetic counseling: Offered
Atlanta, GA 30309
5445 Meridian Mark Road
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-843-2229
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta to a friend?

PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Dr. Best was the perfect blend of informative and nurturing. She never made us feel rushed and always gave explanations for every decision. She more than just a doctor, she was a big part of our support system...made me feel like a had a say in my treatment plan. She counseled me on options but was candid about what she thought the best choice was in her medical opinion. She also kept me up to date with next steps.
I did not have a ton of experience with the clinic [Shady Grove Atlanta] itself as most of my correspondence was via phone. They seem fine overall and I did not have any strong positive or negative experiences. The reception staff was courteous...Chrissi [nurse] was prompt in responding to voicemails and extremely knowledgeable about my protocol. To prepare me for my upcoming first IVF, she gave me a detailed description of what to expect each day. She never rushed me and always answered all of my questions.
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
How was your experience with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Best made me feel like a had a say in my treatment plan. She counseled me on options but was candid about what she thought the best choice was in her medical opinion. She also kept me up to date with next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Infertility is a rough road no matter what, but Dr. Best does what she can to make the process smoother.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
I had already done countless rounds of Letrozole, but Dr. Best added monitoring and a trigger shot to better pinpoint ovulation. When one cycle of that didn't work, she added an injection of Gonal-f as well, which is the cycle I got pregnant. She did not want to do a full injections cycle due to my PCOS, and since I got pregnant she was clearly right!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Chrissi)
Chrissi was prompt in responding to voicemails and extremely knowledgeable about my protocol. To prepare me for my upcoming first IVF, she gave me a detailed description of what to expect each day. She never rushed me and always answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I did not have a ton of experience with the clinic itself as most of my correspondence was via phone. They seem fine overall and I did not have any strong positive or negative experiences. The reception staff was courteous.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I had no insurance coverage for infertility, so Dr. Best and her team did what they could to minimize costs. I paid out of pocket for everything, including diagnostic tests and medications. Shady Grove did transfer discounts to their preferred pharmacy, which was a huge help. Dr. Best was also selective about which diagnostic tests she repeated to reduce costs.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
We were planning to move on to IVF the next cycle if we did not have success. She let me know that because I was planning on doing pgs testing on the embryos it was in my best interest to only transfer one.
Alpharetta

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.

2013 - 2016
PCOS, Unexplained
She [Dr. McCarthy- Keith] always greeted me by name and had clearly reviewed my file or remembered me from previous treatment. I never felt there were too many patients or rushed at any of my appointments....I felt she was very knowledgeable and did a wonderful job explaining everything to me. Always made me feel comfortable even when delivering bad news.... Because I had unexplained infertility she started off with a round of IUI. After that it was determined that IVF would likely be our best bet.
The clinic [GA Repro Specialists] has a wonderful staff and the atmosphere at the Meridian Mark Office is fantastic... They always worked with me on my schedule. I was always seen at my scheduled time which helped since I was working. I felt very at ease, even when things were not going as planned.... A nurse was also always available to answer questions when I called, and if I had to leave a message the call was returned promptly.... The nurses seemed to be very knowledgeable and always able to answer questions.
2013 - 2016
PCOS, Unexplained
How was your experience with Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I felt she was very knowledgeable and did a wonderful job explaining everything to me. Always made me feel comfortable even when delivering bad news. She was always able to answer my questions and she always listened to my concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
She always greeted me by name and had clearly reviewed my file or remembered me from previous treatment. I never felt there were too many patients or rushed at any of my appointments.
Describe the protocols Desiree McCarthy-Keith used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
Because I had unexplained infertility she started off with a round of IUI. After that it was determined that IVF would likely be our best bet. I was given a plan and the first round I had to stop due to a polyp on my uterus. I had the surgery to remove that and then we proceeded with our round. I began the medications and had the egg retrieval which produced 18 eggs. After fertilization we had 13 eggs fertilize to create embryos but only 6 lasted until day 5. Because of our ages we had the genetic testing done. Of the 6 embryos only one was viable. We transferred the one embryo and received a positive pregnancy test. At our ultrasound appointment it was determined that I had a blighted ovum and in fact was not pregnant.
The nurses seemed to be very knowledgeable and always able to answer questions. They were always aware of the circumstances surrounding my treatment and care. A nurse was also always available to answer questions when I called, and if I had to leave a message the call was returned promptly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic has a wonderful staff and the atmosphere at the Meridian Mark Office is fantastic. I was unable to visit their other campuses. They always worked with me on my schedule. I was always seen at my scheduled time which helped since I was working. I felt very at ease, even when things were not going as planned.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
My insurance covered the testing. All of my procedures were paid out of pocket. Total for all of my treatment was $20,247.01, not including the medications.
Describe Desiree McCarthy-Keith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I think her approach was perfect because based on the results from the genetic testing it was the only viable option for us.
Alpharetta

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.

Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
I felt like a human because when I hurt Dr. McCarthy-Keith hurt as well. It shows she has a passion for what she does. She personable & willing to ensure as a human you’re comfortable. She’s upfront & straightforward.... She’s personable informative straightforward & tells it like it is. She gives stats & will inform you as a patient if the process will work. What she says for the ,ost part is correct & she looks out for the best interest of the patient.
The clinic [Shady Grove Atlanta] is great! Nice staff & very friendly environment. It’s a clean environment and very welcoming. Any questions one may have anybody is there to answer. They all are caring & make sure to tend to the needs of the patient.... The nurse was great. Whenever I call she was there to answer all my questions. Very nice and pleasant.... I felt like a human because when I hurt Dr. McCarthy-Keith hurt as well. It shows she has a passion for what she does.
Male Factor, Tubal Blockage
Listen to what she says. She’s looking out for your best interest. She’s honest and will give the best treatment to whoever she comes in contact with.
After reviewing my med list from other IVF doctor, she said she will increase my dosage and recommended DHEA & CoQ10 to increase my egg quality due to my 1st retrieval being 10 eggs with only 2 fertilizing. She also stated I should continue acupuncture & change my diet and incorporate exercise.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Rita Christopher )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is great! Nice staff & very friendly environment. It’s a clean environment and very welcoming. Any questions one may have anybody is there to answer. They all are caring & make sure to tend to the needs of the patient.
Meds-$500
She wants to transfer 1 embryo as opposed to 2 due to my age. I understand her logic & am in agreement with her.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
[The nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility- Atlanta's] Strength return calls as soon as possible, polite and friendly didn’t rush me while questions... McCarthy-Keith went the extra mile when I need a medication. The medication was called the day before and the date of the medication it was not available. She made an extra step contacted the pharmacist personally and had my medication ready with in minutes. On the date of my IUI she had a planned family trip, she push back her flight time just to do it for me. She stated she promised that she was going to be there very step of way and she is doing just so.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss, Unexplained
Strength-warm and welcoming, informative, understanding, flexiable in scheduling weakness time management, more available afternoon hours, doesn’t do every lab possible such anti ovarian antibodies lab, did not let me try IVF with my own eggs
Tell her what you want done
I fell like a human. McCarthy-Keith went the extra mile when I need a medication. The medication was called the day before and the date of the medication it was not available. She made an extra step contacted the pharmacist personally and had my medication ready with in minutes. On the date of my IUI she had a planned family trip, she push back her flight time just to do it for me. She stated she promised that she was going to be there very step of way and she is doing just so.
For the Low Ovarian Reserve, letrozole with Ovidrel was used
I was not educated on eSET
Desiree McCarthy-Keith
Dr. McCarthy-Keith is super knowledgeable, thorough, and kind! When she called with my pregnancy test results I could hear the pure joy in her voice. She really cares about her patients and that is so crucial when you work in such a sensitive field...I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome so I do not ovulate on a regular basis. So we decided to do a medicated IUI to be able to better time my insemination. If I remember correctly, I took 2.5mg of letrazole for 7 days starting on the third day of my cycle. On cycle day 11/12 I believe (I don't quite remember) I went in for an ultrasound and had 1 follicle measuring at 24mm. That same evening as my ultrasound at 10pm I took a trigger shot of Ovidrel to force ovulation. My IUI was 36 hours later. 11 days past insemination I had my first positive pregnancy test. I was blessed enough to conceive on my first attempt!
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility Altlanta] is beautiful, well designed, and clean. You never have a long wait. Refreshments are available in the waiting room. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone ready to start a family...I will definitely be returning to Shady Grove Fertility when I am ready to conceive my second child...staff will make you feel comfortable and guide you through the process...They returned phone calls and emails promptly to address any of my concerns.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith is super knowledgeable, thorough, and kind! When she called with my pregnancy test results I could hear the pure joy in her voice. She really cares about her patients and that is so crucial when you work in such a sensitive field. I will definitely be returning to Shady Grove Fertility when I am ready to conceive my second child.
First, come prepared with all of your questions written down. She will be able to answer them. Second, just breath I know this can be a stressful journey but try to relax. Dr. MK and her staff will make you feel comfortable and guide you through the process.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith is so kind and personable. She is attentive when you're speaking and is genuinely invested in you starting the family you desire.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Lisa )
The staff is professional and helpful. They returned phone calls and emails promptly to address any of my concerns.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is beautiful, well designed, and clean. You never have a long wait. Refreshments are available in the waiting room. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone ready to start a family.
I had a $50 copay for each visit including my IUI. My donor sperm which i got from California Cryobank cost about $2000 for 2 vials that is including shipping. My genetic testing was partially covered by insurance but still left me with a responsibility of about $900 in total I probably spent about $3500
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
There was just a simple miscommunication between the nursing staff and the front desk. It was quickly resolved once the mistake was caught.

2020
21 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Natalie Stentz] was and is an amazing doctor. I am a transman and going through this process was so difficult for me...made me feel so comfortable. She ensured that her staff continually acknowledged me as sir, and he and they were so friendly and comforting during this process. She got me 26 eggs preserved and frozen...allowing me to finish my transition successfully. She changed my life! I've never been so excited to do something like this!
The nursing staff was just as amazing as Dr. Stenz was. Kenzie called me just about every other day to check on my process and any answer I had she answered it quickly and she was so helpful. Again, as a transgender man, this was so difficult for me to do, but Kenzie and Dr. Stenz showed me differently and believed in me and helped me get through. Because of them, I have 26 eggs waiting for me and wife as we begin this journey of having children.
2020
21 Eggs Frozen
How was your experience with Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Stenz from Shady Grove Fertility was so amazing that i captured my whole journey and recommended this very clinic on youtube. She made my dreams come true as a transman and that's to still have children that are related to me as my wife carries them, allowing me to finish my transition successfully. She changed my life! I've never been so excited to do something like this!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Just be patient and trust the process and definitely Trust her she has your back and she wants nothing but the best for you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
She was and is an amazing doctor. I am a transman and going through this process was so difficult for me. But Dr. Stenz from Shady Grove Fertility Clinic made me feel so comfortable. She ensured that her staff continually acknowledged me as sir, and he and they were so friendly and comforting during this process. She got me 26 eggs preserved and frozen, Thank you so much DR. Stenz!
Describe the protocols Natalie Stentz used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
We went two weeks of me taking medication that helps your ovaries to stimulate so that the eggs can be frozen. For those two weeks, I had to come in a couple of times so they could do the ultrasounds and just monitor my process. After the 10th day of the meds, I had an in house small procedure to extract the 41 eggs that were produced. This process literally took me 3 months from start to finish.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Kenzie Dill)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The staff is so friendly The clinic is clean They care about there patients They get things done in a timely manner, you won't be standing around waiting on anyone. They really invest there time and patience on their clients I honestly have no weakness! Fertility Clinics need to get like them
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
none all covered by insurance and the billing did a good job with that I didn't have one bill sent to me
Natalie Stentz
Buckhead/Piedmont

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.

2014 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
I have mild endometriosis that had been removed via laparoscopy a month prior to meeting Dr. Best. Dr. Best dicovered Diminished Ovarian Reserve when I was 28 years old. My husband had two varicoceles that were later repaired. IVF was recommended given our situation and the fact that we knew we would like to have more than on child. Financially we were prelared to try IUI twice and then move on to IVF. 2014: IUI #1: Femara 2.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI, Endometrin- Not successful IUI #2: Femara 5mg, Bravelle, IUI, Endometrin- Successful singleton birth 2019: IUI #3 Femara 5mg (no response), Femara 7.5mg, Gonal-F, Estrace (thinned lining), Ovidrel, IUI, Prometrium- currently waiting for results.
The Shady Grove offices are beautiful. I opted to be monitored at a couple of separate offices to better fit my personal needs. I loved that physicians are providing monitoring ultrasounds so that questions can be asked during the appointment while also making sure that only your primary physician makes any changes to your treatment protocol. I could count on Chrissi to relay all the needed information from Dr. Best as soon as my labs came back after each appointment. All other support staff was so nice, and so helpful from my first phone call to Shady Grove. The whole process has felt efficient without feeling like there has been any cutting of corners with regard to my medical care. I can’t say enough good things about my experience.
2014 - 2019
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Endometriosis, Male Factor
How was your experience with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Just from meeting Dr. Best, you can tell not only that her bedside manner is wonderful, but also that she is extremely knowledgeable in her field. We were successful in our second round of IUI, and 4 years later we just had another IUI in hopes of conceiving a second child. We appreciated that even though IVF was the recommended medical treatment for our particular situation, Dr. Best respected and supported our wishes to stick with a treatment plan we felt more financially comfortable with.
Don’t be afraid to share your questions or concerns. She will take the time to explain things thoroughly to you to make sure you feel knowledgeable and comfortable with your treatment plan.
Having gone through IVF herself, Dr. Best understands physically and emotionally what we are going through. She takes the time to answer questions, calm concerns, and just shows general care for our well-being. I love that she gives honest and direct medical advice, yet remains really positive and supportive of your wishes.
Chrissi and Dr. Best make a wonderful team. They communicate effectively together and ensure that all questions and concerns are addressed quickly. Mist of the time, Chrissi anticipated questions and provided the needed information before I could even ask. She is also extremely compassionate and easy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
My most recent IUI cycle was about $2000 including consult, sonohistogram, all medications (including injectables), multiple monitoring appointments, and IUI.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Dr Perloe always responds to emails quickly. ... Dr. Perloe is very smart and a great scientist. He treated my PCOS successfully, and virtually changed my life. In working on getting pregnant with him via IUI, I trust him ... I have PCOS and am of advanced maternal age, so we tried medicated IUI with letrozole, follistim, ovidrel, and endometrin. Going forward, I'm doing IVF after 3 unsuccessful IUIs, and I'm not certain of the protocol.
It's often the case that you have to track them [Shady Grove Fertility nurses] down to get lab results, and there was a time or two that my prescriptions were not called in on time and I had to pay for them out of pocket. I tried to let these things go, as the process is already difficult and frustrating in and of itself, but these challenges are really discouraging. ... The weaknesses are the nurse coordinators, the communication systems, and a lack of ways to look up test results in an online platform. You often have to follow up more than once to get a response, and you really need to take responsibility for your own care and push for blood tests when you think they are necessary.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Perloe is very smart and a great scientist. He treated my PCOS successfully, and virtually changed my life. In working on getting pregnant with him via IUI, I trust him, but I had some concerns about getting information and the office staff., However, overall, I think very highly of dr. Perloe and have chosen to continue seeing him even after several unsuccessful IUIs. He always responds quickly to my emails, although I try not to email him for every single thing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Be prepared with a list of questions, and email him directly if you have an important question. Be prepared to chase down his office staff for results and information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr Perloe always responds to emails quickly. However, he and the office staff often seem "uninformed" about my case and history. I know they see lots of patience, but I would prefer that they be prepared and well-versed on my case prior to an appointment.
Describe the protocols Mark Perloe used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda during IUI and Jacqueline during IVF.)
Have unfortunately had trouble getting responses and help from the nursing and clinical staff. Starting with Kaylee, who was very unclear and apparently forgot to do some of the testing required before I started my IUI Cycles. Yolanda was also difficult to get in touch with during each IUI cycle, and a couple of times she neglected to call in medication early enough, which led to me paying out of pocket rather than getting insurance coverage. Jacqueline has been better about follow-ups via email, but I often need to urge her to ask dr. Perloe about my specific question to get an answer. There have been a couple of emails I have sent with questions that I had to follow up a second time with her to get a response. I try not to be difficult or too demanding, but as someone who is investing a lot of money in IVF, there are a lot of emotions and nerves attached, and having timely answers to my questions, and compassionate reassurance would be really helpful. I don't think it's too much to expect. I respect my nurses and their time, but also hope that they do the same for me and go to any extent possible to help me achieve a successful pregnancy. I've heard of other women having outstanding and wonderful experiences with their nurses and Care team at other practices, and it sometimes makes me feel sad, because I feel like I'm just a number.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The doctors are the strengths. The weaknesses are the nurse coordinators, the communication systems, and a lack of ways to look up test results in an online platform. You often have to follow up more than once to get a response, and you really need to take responsibility for your own care and push for blood tests when you think they are necessary.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I mentioned many of these in my review of the nurses. It's often the case that you have to track them down to get lab results, and there was a time or two that my prescriptions were not called in on time and I had to pay for them out of pocket. I tried to let these things go, as the process is already difficult and frustrating in and of itself, but these challenges are really discouraging.
Buckhead/Piedmont

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.

During my IUI cycle, I was told at 3:30pm that I needed to take my trigger shot that evening [by Shady Grove-Atlanta]. This was my first medicated IUI and didn't have much knowledge about the procedure. The medical assistant proceeded to ask me if I had the trigger shot. I didn't because they hadn't called in the prescription and I had no idea it would be difficult to get quickly. The specialty pharmacy that carried the medication was geographically very inconvenient for me to get to and I wasn't able to leave work early at such late notice. My husband had to cancel his plans, and drive across town in order to pick up the medication so I could take it on time. This should never have happened. This clinic understands how stressful these things can be and their inability to anticipate this potential issue was inexcusable in my book. After this IUI, I changed to a different practice and never looked back.
How was your experience with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Namnoum was compassionate and knowledgeable. However, she does not have strong recommendations for courses of treatment. She provided education and allowed me to make the call about what to do next. I would have prefered more direction from our doctor.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Bring all questions to your appointments. It is difficult to get in touch with her otherwise.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
The office staff that I encountered at the remote office at Piedmont Hospital were always very friendly. The staff at the main location near Northside Hospital were not very friendly or compassionate. There were some miscommunications regarding the reason for one of my visits to the main location and I was made to feel like it was my fault.
Describe the protocols Anne Brawner Namnoum used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
All of my and my husband's tests came back normal, so we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I started seeing Dr. Namnoum after doing 3 cycles of clomid under my primary OB/Gyn practice. We did 2 more cycles with letrozole with Dr. Namnoum. Under my own motivation, I started acupuncture and did the Whole30 diet. Dr. Namnoum was supportive of these lifestyle changes and my desire to see what happened during an unmedicated cycle. This cycle resulted in a pregnancy. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. When we were ready to start treatment again, she suggested a medicated IUI. I took Letrozole and a trigger shot prior to the procedure. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
The nurses were competent, but did not communicate well. There is no way to get in touch with the practice after hours or on weekends. Even when you call during normal business hours, you ALWAYS have to leave a voicemail and wait for a returned call. The phone doesn't even ring, it just goes to voicemail.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Some of the staff are very friendly. The financial support person, Candice was great. This clinic's biggest weakness is communication. There is no way to get in touch with someone after hours or on the weekends. Even when you call during normal business hours you always have to leave a voicemail and wait for a call back. The phone doesn't even ring, it just goes to voicemail.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I have infertility coverage through my insurance, so most of these visits were covered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
During my IUI cycle, I was told at 3:30pm that I needed to take my trigger shot that evening. This was my first medicated IUI and didn't have much knowledge about the procedure. The medical assistant proceeded to ask me if I had the trigger shot. I didn't because they hadn't called in the prescription and I had no idea it would be difficult to get quickly. The specialty pharmacy that carried the medication was geographically very inconvenient for me to get to and I wasn't able to leave work early at such late notice. My husband had to cancel his plans, and drive across town in order to pick up the medication so I could take it on time. This should never have happened. This clinic understands how stressful these things can be and their inability to anticipate this potential issue was inexcusable in my book. After this IUI, I changed to a different practice and never looked back.
Buckhead/Piedmont

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. McCarthy-Keith treated me husband and I like we were her only patients during each visit. She empathized with our situation and let us know that her goal was to help us get a baby.... Dr. McCarthy-Keith has recommended that we pursue a donor egg IVF cycle since our funds are limited and this would give us a better chance of conceiving versus using my eggs with a 20% chance.
They [nurses at Georgia Reproductive Specialists] are all very responsive. If I have questions or need a help with an injection, they are very good about walking through the steps and keeping you encouraged throughout the process. They all have a friendly demeanor.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Poor Egg Quality, Uterine Fibroids
I was referred to Dr. McCarthy-Keith from another friend who raved about her. She is exceptional at what she does and clearly communicates prognosis, test results and recommendations with compassion. She never seems too rushed or busy to answer questions.
Don't be afraid of asking her to explain all of your options for fertility treatments and any questions (small or large). She is very willing to answer any and all.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith has recommended that we pursue a donor egg IVF cycle since our funds are limited and this would give us a better chance of conceiving versus using my eggs with a 20% chance. We are currently saving up to go down this route.
They are all very responsive. If I have questions or need a help with an injection, they are very good about walking through the steps and keeping you encouraged throughout the process. They all have a friendly demeanor.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Georgia Reproductive Specialist is one of the top clinics in the the Atlanta area. I was first drawn to them because their prices for IVF were more reasonable. It is easy to get an appointment relatively quickly and all of the doctors in the practice work together. The front office staff is also extremely helpful.
The clinic recently merged with Shady Grove so the donor egg cycle costs changed some from our first visit. They now have two options that start at $28k.

Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
Dr. Namnoum is very Knowledgeable and quite Kind. I felt that Dr. Namnoum can be A little too frank though. I left each visit a little deflated. I understood the reality of my age but delivery is important. Dr. Namnoum is great though and she knew her stuff. However, I felt that my age was an automatic deterrent and I was pigeon holed.... Blocked tubes- did not really understand that whole process and did not get a clear answer on that.
Very nicely decorated. I liked the fact that the tests were done in house. Staff [Shady Grove] was courteous but Way too busy. It took hours. I’m not sure how well organized they were. They were hard to reach by phone and email. Trying to get some questions answered was very tedious. After you left the physician who knew her stuff, it was not that great for me afterwards... The office staff was not that great. It was too busy there. Appointments took hours.
Diminished Ovarian Reserve, Tubal Blockage
You will get a very knowledgeable physician
She was great. She paid attention. The staff was horrible. Too busy. Felt like a mill.
Clomid. It was challenging as my spouse was out of the country. Blocked tubes- did not really understand that whole process and did not get a clear answer on that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Tracy I think)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Very nicely decorated. I liked the fact that the tests were done in house. Staff was courteous but Way too busy. It took hours. I’m not sure how well organized they were. They were hard to reach by phone and email. Trying to get some questions answered was very tedious. After you left the physician who knew her stuff, it was not that great for me afterwards
Describe Anne Brawner Namnoum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
We discussed it and she was certainly receptive

Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
The Dr is okay, I feel left out on my fertility plan. Emotionally not there for me as much as I would like. Always hard to contact and always have to wait away before I can get a call back. It has been really inconvenient for us in the past. ... Was never followed up with. Always wondered what our next steps were going to be. Emotionally wasn't there for us
Seems like they [Shady Grove] are low on staff. I am always waiting to be contacted. Emotionally not with the patients. Costs are cheap which is a good thing, don't raise them now. It is fast when you are scheduled and in the office. ... Failed to call in drug to pharmacy, I had to call multiple times into the office so she could get them sent out.
Poor Egg Quality, Tubal Blockage
Be patient with the whole process.
I don't recall
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Tracey)
Terrible customer service. I would sit for 8 hours before I could get a call back
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Seems like they are low on staff. I am always waiting to be contacted. Emotionally not with the patients. Costs are cheap which is a good thing, don't raise them now. It is fast when you are scheduled and in the office.
I don't remember

PCOS, Unexplained
After going through a hysteroscopy and polypectomy [with Dr. Monica Best], I was pregnant on my very next medicated cycle...was very personable, kind, and always did her best to lift our spirits. She remembered us, always remembered what we were dealing with in every situation...she listened to my concerns and was willing to try some things I suggested before we went straight to iui or ivf. She did recommend those as treatment since our infertility was initially “unexplained”. But, we weren’t ready for those more invasive treatments. Dr. Best helped us come up with a plan, and we actually found that one of our biggest problems was that I had polyps in my uterus that weren’t obvious in my previous testing.
After going through a hysteroscopy and polypectomy [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta], I was pregnant on my very next medicated cycle...Dr. Best was very personable, kind, and always did her best to lift our spirits. She remembered us, always remembered what we were dealing with in every situation... she listened to my concerns and was willing to try some things I suggested before we went straight to iui or ivf. She did recommend those as treatment since our infertility was initially “unexplained”. But, we weren’t ready for those more invasive treatments. Dr. Best helped us come up with a plan, and we actually found that one of our biggest problems was that I had polyps in my uterus that weren’t obvious in my previous testing.
How was your experience with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I loved working either Dr. Best because she listened to my concerns and was willing to try some things I suggested before we went straight to iui or ivf. She did recommend those as treatment since our infertility was initially “unexplained”. But, we weren’t ready for those more invasive treatments. Dr. Best helped us come up with a plan, and we actually found that one of our biggest problems was that I had polyps in my uterus that weren’t obvious in my previous testing.
Do advocate for yourself, but trust that Dr. Best will do everything she can to help you reach your goals.
After going through a hysteroscopy and polypectomy, I was pregnant on my very next medicated cycle.
2016 - 2019
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
We chose 3 embryos for PGS and they came back normal. When it is time for FET [Dr. McCarthy-Keith] starts with birth control that overlaps with lupron (and at sometime before lupron around day 5 of cycle she will do an endometrial scratch). She then adds estrogen slowly and when your lining is good you start progesterone...Because of my age, she did eSET...has never once came into my treatment room without a hug or kind and compassionate words. She never stopped praying for me!
I have been with this clinic since they were called Georgia Reproductive Specialists (now called Shady Grove- Atlanta). At first it was difficult to contact anyone via phone and email was always easier. However, since they made the change they have always had the phone answered and I could still reach someone by email if I chose that method of contact. They have always been attentive to their patients and they always return calls. I will always refer to this clinic either for myself or for other looking for fertility help.
2016 - 2019
PCOS, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
OMG! Dr. MK there aren't any words to fully describe the love I have for this woman. From the never ending prayers to rotting me on each transfer/ cycle. She NEVER gave up on me and wouldn't let me give up on myself. She is the definition of compassion and care. I don't know if she has any weaknesses because she is my superhero! If anyone needed IVF of fertility services, you can best believe I will refer her.
Trust in God, but also TRUST IN HER. She is very knowledgable and she isn't a quitter. If something doesn't work she will continue to try until it's right!
Dr. MK has never once came into my treatment room without a hug or kind and compassionate words. She never stopped praying for me!
Dr. MK starts with menopur and gonal f. Once your follicles are ready she will add an HCG shot of 10,000 units. 36 horus later she is retrieving your eggs while your husband is giving his sperm sample. When the eggs are checked for maturity she then chose ICSI to fertilize the 10 eggs we had. We chose 3 embryos for PGS and they came back normal. When it is time for FET Dr. MK starts with birth control that overlaps with lupron (and at sometime before lupron around day 5 of cycle she will do an endometrial scratch). She then adds estrogen slowly and when your lining is good you start progesterone. 5 days later you will transfer and take a pregnancy test with in 10 days. She has since changed my protocol to no lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Hyatt)
I had more than one nurse on my team- Lisa H was my main nurse; however, Devon M and Rita C were also part of my team. These nurses were beyond compassionate and caring. They continuously rooted for me and made sure I didn't give up on myself. They counseled me and helped my doctor facilitate new protocols. There aren't enough words to describe my love for them and I will always support them in anything they may ever need.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Monitoring appts were on time, quick and easy. The provider monitoring at the time was always very informative.
My cost was a whopping $14,000!!! It included 1 IVF cycle and covered all FET cycles/ transfers as long as I didn't have a continuing clinical pregnancy or a failed transfer. This did not include medications I had to buy for stimulation, down reg and transfers
Because of my age, she did eSET which I had no issues about

2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
After reviewing our massive file and meeting with us, we asked [Dr. Namnoum] if there was any hope. She said I see no reason that you cannot have a success pregnancy. Then she went to work for us...was very kind, compassionate and supportive. She is the most hands-on and thorough doctor we encountered. She personally attended almost every ultrasound (and there were countless) and personally called us with test results. She was very encouraging when we encountered mid-cycle delays. It took us 3 IVF attempts with donor eggs before Dr. Namnoum helped us realize our dreams of parenthood. I am now 19 weeks pregnant.
We selected Shady Grove Fertility because it was the only local clinic that offered a guarantee (shared risk) program...guarantee program - $30,500 for live birth or money back...Dr. Namnoum was very kind, compassionate and supportive. She is the most hands-on and thorough doctor we encountered. She personally attended almost every ultrasound (and there were countless) and personally called us with test results. She was very encouraging when we encountered mid-cycle delays. It took us 3 IVF attempts with donor eggs before Dr. Namnoum helped us realize our dreams of parenthood. I am now 19 weeks pregnant. When we graduated to our OB, it was obvious she was genuinely happy for us. You are not just a statistic with her. She legitimately cares about her patients and she gets results. If you are battling infertility and want the best care – look no further. Thank you Dr. Namnoum!
2 IUI, 1 IVF, Donor Eggs
We went to three different fertility clinics over a period of seven years to get our miracle. One doctor told us that I am one of the 5% of women who cannot conceive for whatever reason, nobody knows why. He told us to forget about adopting because they don’t want older people to adopt. After the heartbreak and tears because we thought we were done, we found Shady Grove Fertility and more importantly, we found Dr. Namnoum. After reviewing our massive file and meeting with us, we asked her if there was any hope. She said I see no reason that you cannot have a success pregnancy. Then she went to work for us. We selected Shady Grove Fertility because it was the only local clinic that offered a guarantee (shared risk) program. That was the best decision we could have made. Dr. Namnoum was very kind, compassionate and supportive. She is the most hands-on and thorough doctor we encountered. She personally attended almost every ultrasound (and there were countless) and personally called us with test results. She was very encouraging when we encountered mid-cycle delays. It took us 3 IVF attempts with donor eggs before Dr. Namnoum helped us realize our dreams of parenthood. I am now 19 weeks pregnant. When we graduated to our OB, it was obvious she was genuinely happy for us. You are not just a statistic with her. She legitimately cares about her patients and she gets results. If you are battling infertility and want the best care – look no further. Thank you Dr. Namnoum!
She is the best. You are lucky to have her as your doctor.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
we did shared risk - guarantee program - $30,500 for live birth or money back.

1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
Dr. Perloe was always warm and inviting, never leaving you in the dark about what will or not happen. You could tell him and his staff were very invested in helping me in conceiving a child.... Based on my test results he would adjust my medicine I was taking. He suggested things that would increase my chances like this drink mixture Ovistol which I think helped.... Due to my many fibroids, Perloe thought it would be too risky for me to transfer more than 1 embryo. I trusted his decision because my goal was to bring a healthy child and mommy home. For every decision he gave a valid reason(s).
The nurses [Shady Grove Atlanta] wanted nothing but to make the process as comfortable and easy as possible. They would make themselves available for questions, comfort you on your bad days, help you find inexpensive medicine, and give advice. They greeted you with a warm smile... One of the nurses comforted me during one of my many crying breakdowns. She would not leave me until I felt better. She gave me kind words and encouragement to keeping pushing forwards because great things were waiting.
1 IUI, 1 IVF, 1 Egg Freezing
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
From the beginning, Perloe explained all the possible risks, setbacks, and possibilities. We were never set up for a disappoint. We knew what to expect. He treated us like he wanted the child just as bad as we did. He was open to answering all questions or concerns.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or express concerns if you feel confused or worried. Trust the process.
One of the nurses comforted me during one of my many crying breakdowns. She would not leave me until I felt better. She gave me kind words and encouragement to keeping pushing forwards because great things were waiting. Another nurse made herself readily available if I needed help, had any questions or concerns, or needed help finding medicine quick and easy. Dr. Perloe was always warm and inviting, never leaving you in the dark about what will or not happen. You could tell him and his staff were very invested in helping me in conceiving a child. Also, the ladies that took blood sample were always upbeat and funny, they were very encouraging.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda)
The nurses wanted nothing but to make the process as comfortable and easy as possible. They would make themselves available for questions, comfort you on your bad days, help you find inexpensive medicine, and give advice. They greeted you with a warm smile
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Strength- fertility plan is tailored to your body and needs. Great customer service. Weakness- One of the ladies in front talks to loudly when discusses your info. Please ask questions and express concerns.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Based on your body and needs.
Describe Mark Perloe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
There is a parking garage that they [Shady Grove] share with the rest of the building, Please be mindful to arrive earlier that 15 minutes to allow yourself time to find parking and still make it up to your appointment early. Also, there is a parking fee. For self-pay patients like myself, every little dollar counts.... They [nurses] are all friendly and caring. I think they take notes whenever they speak with someone so that helps keep communication flowing if someone is absent.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Unexplained
Dr. McCarthy-Keith was an amazing RE. She's the type of person you hope to meet every time you walk into a RE's office. She is very patient, understanding, detailed and provides a wealth of knowledge to her patients. As cycles 1-3 failed, she explained the need to be slightly more aggressive with our treatment plan. Even so far as when we were at risk for a cancelled cycle due to having too many follicles, explaining how with our history she would consider continuing, but ensuring that we understood the risk. She explained the different options available, follicular reduction and the dreaded potential of having to terminate. She explained it as though we were sitting on her couch. It didn't feel like we were in school and needed to take notes, we didn't need google translate or a dictionary to have a conversation.
Trust the process. Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is always willing to answer any questions. Also with that, don't overfill your head with so much that you challenge every decision made.
I always felt like I was important with her. She always made sure to greet us in the hallways, and it would even be by name. I see a number of patients in the office just on the days I visited, I feel it would be hard for anyone to keep up with but Dr. MK makes it look like a breeze. She always made sure I was comfortable with what she was doing, if she had someone new in the room she would introduce and even ask if I was ok with that person being present. With 5 failed cycles you start to feel like its never going to happen but Dr. MK never gives up on you and is always thinking of the next step, not just for what we are doing that day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Devin)
They are all friendly and caring. I think they take notes whenever they speak with someone so that helps keep communication flowing if someone is absent.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
There is a parking garage that they share with the rest of the building, Please be mindful to arrive earlier that 15 minutes to allow yourself time to find parking and still make it up to your appointment early. Also, there is a parking fee. For self-pay patients like myself, every little dollar counts.
$6,000-$7,000 for 5 cycles of IUI

PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
Things were not looking in our favor but Dr. Perloe made us a guarantee that we would walk out that facility with a baby. We got pregnant on our first round of IVF. We followed all of Dr. Perloe's directions even doing a frozen transfer when we wanted to do a fresh transfer...knew all our needs and addressed them accordingly. Dr. Perloe's knowledge in the area of infertility is an understatement, he's a GURU.
They [Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] also offer financing which we did so it gives us 5 years to pay off...The only thing I did not like was being seated in one area of the clinic with other patient and at times you would her hear some of the medical issues with the patients. They would sit all the patients in a holding area and you would see other people with the same inflictions. If you are a very private person I don't think you would care for that.
PCOS, Tubal Blockage, Uterine Fibroids
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
When my husband and I entered Shady Grove we didn't know what to expect. My husband had done some research on the facility beforehand but we know what we were up against. I was battling PCOS and Uterine Fibroids and Dr. Perloe explained all of that to us. Things were not looking in our favor but Dr. Perloe made us a guarantee that we would walk out that facility with a baby. We got pregnant on our first round of IVF. We followed all of Dr. Perloe's directions even doing a frozen transfer when we wanted to do a fresh transfer. We started our IVF journey in June 2018 and by August 2018 we were pregnant. Dr. Perloe knew all our needs and addressed them accordingly. Dr. Perloe's knowledge in the area of infertility is an understatement, he's a GURU.
Dr. Perloe is very open to your ideas and what maybe your plans for IVF but he'll direct you in the right way to go. I recommend following his advice from beginning to end.
We felt like a human because Dr. Perloe know our exact needs every time we stepped foot in the facility. He never forgot our names and remembered every little detail about me.
Dr. Perloe recommended that I lose some weight and change my diet before starting my IVF cycle. I used Gonal-f for my FSH, menopur and some other medications that Dr. Perloe will prescribe to you.I think we did 150 ML of gonal daily but we it may vary depending on what Dr. Perloe prescribes to you. We had to get some MRI's done because of my Uterine Fibroids. I had some pre-diagnostic testing done and a consultation to determine my infertility.
Our nurse Yolanda was amazing. She was there for me every step of the way. She gave me hope even when I didn't think I had any. Her encouragement is what kept me going through with the process. She knew Dr. Perloe better than anyone there and gave me assurance that Dr. Perloe will give me a baby. She is very patient, understanding, and caring about what you're going through. Anytime we had questions and or needed some advice on things, she was always there for us. I thank nurse Yolanda so much for everything she did.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The staff at the clinic was always helpful. From the front desk to the ladies that drew my blood, they were all so supportive. When we told them the good news about us being pregnant they were just as excited as we were. There was one lady at the front desk that was a little quirky but she was always a good laugh for me and my husband when we went. The only thing I did not like was being seated in one area of the clinic with other patient and at times you would her hear some of the medical issues with the patients. They would sit all the patients in a holding area and you would see other people with the same inflictions. If you are a very private person I don't think you would care for that.
They had a number of diffeent plans for us to choose from. We qualified for the plan that gave us 2-3 ivf cycles and unlimited transfers that cost us $18,500. We wish we would've went with the one cycle that was $12,500 but we didn't know we would get pregnant on the first round plus we shouldv'e tried another round of IUI. Medications cost us another $2,500 so our total bill came to $21,500. They also offer financing which we did so it gives us 5 years to pay off.
Dr. Perloe recommended eSET because e was afraid of me having multiples and wanted to be careful because of my fibroids. Though you transfer one embryo, there's still a chance that the one embryo could multiply.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Once they sent to get certain blood test but the clinic had sent back the wrong results so we had to redo the test.
Sandy Springs

Dr. Namnoum is kind and has good "bed side manner". She was not as thorough as she could have been in my PCOS diagnosis. She seems a little distant and I would prefer a doctor with more warmth. IVF seems to be the default treatment for most fertility clinics and GRS (Shady Grove) is no different. Maybe the truth is that the doctors don't really know how to fix PCOS.
At first my nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] was very cold. She acted irritated about the questions I had and tried to get off the phone with me quickly. It was difficult to get her on the phone.... Strengths: Nice waiting area and offices, receptionists are friendly. Weaknesses: Must pay for parking, there seems to be poor communication among the staff. I had to tell the lab technicians what tests were needed, the ultrasound technician what the plan was, etc.
You have be be your own advocate and also educate yourself. Much of the responsibility is on the patient to be well read on their condition and treatment. It is very difficult to get ahold of the doctor. There is no patient portal or email. The office rarely picks up the phone and you must leave a voicemail. Be prepared for some bad games of phone tag.
She didn't seem to care to know about my BBT or CM. Most importantly she didn't help me to treat PCOS. It felt like I was on a fast track to the IVF money making machine.
With my diagnosis of PCOS, she suggested taking Letrozole, a trigger shot, IUI, then progesterone suppositories. It did not result in pregnancy. I immediate started another IUI cycle until they found a polyp and we cancelled the IUI and just did a medicated cycle instead.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
At first my nurse was very cold. She acted irritated about the questions I had and tried to get off the phone with me quickly. It was difficult to get her on the phone.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Billing was very confusing. I was told that a surgery to remove a polyp was one and amount and got a much bigger bill. IUI cost around $450 and the meds add another $350 to that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I needed to have more thorough labs done in order to know how to treat my PCOS. I have a bit of a unique situation. Also, when attempting to start the IUI cycle, I left several voicemails requesting that my meds get called in to the pharmacy. It was cycle day 4 or 5 and no one had called me back and I was about to miss my window to start Letrozole and have baseline ultrasounds done.

PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
She [Dr. Anne Brawner Namnoum] is really knowledgeable of clinical information but not as personal as other clinicians or nursing staff. I think it would have been a better experience if I was able to lose weight in her time frame. I also think she would have been more comfortable if there was an explanation for my infertility; because right now we do not have a diagnosed reason.
The nursing staff is the clinic's [Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] best asset. They always showed compassion and were very knowledgeable. I always felt like I was in good hands.... I was on Letrozole and clomid to produce more eggs and improve my ovulation to increase fertilization. I also had 1 IUI because of the greater chances of conceiving with the procedure.
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids
She is really knowledgeable of clinical information but not as personal as other clinicians or nursing staff. I think it would have been a better experience if I was able to lose weight in her time frame. I also think she would have been more comfortable if there was an explanation for my infertility; because right now we do not have a diagnosed reason. Dr. Namnoum has a great support staff around that interacts with her patients in a great way. I am always amazed that they remember me and acknowledge where we are in our treatment or journey. I continue to go to Dr. Namnoum because of her clinical knowledge and her supportive staff. I also think it is important to recognize that they often listen to the patient. I never wanted to do an IUI to conceive and Dr. Namnoum works hard to prevent us from having to utilize that option on a regular basis. She also encourages a second opinion at all times which I like. She is not a cocky know it all doctor. She literally will conduct research in your presence to determine the best course of action for you. I also like that I feel like I am included in my care and my voice really matters.
I would say go in with an open mind and provide your input throughout the entire journey.
She seemed to care about helping us meet our goal to have a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Dr. Namnoum medical assistant)
The nursing staff is the clinic's best asset. They always showed compassion and were very knowledgeable. I always felt like I was in good hands.
Anne Brawner Namnoum
After our first meeting with Dr. MK [McCarthy-Keith] I was in tears, tears of joy. For the first time in a long time I could see a little light in this darkness we were in. We connected instantly! We not only talked about why we were there, but she wanted to know about us. She made things feel so much more at ease and less stressful.... She has written me several reference letters for grant applications. She is truly a blessing. Having Dr. MK in our lives, has shown us how we should be treated and what the expectations should be.
The clinic [Shady Grove] is located in a good area and they have two offices. The strengths of the clinic the staff and doctors are very knowledgeable about everything. Very helpful and willing to go the extra mile for you.... Insurance did not cover any fertility treatments. The cost of our IUI's were significantly cheaper than we thought it was going to be. IUI cycle and treatment it was under $1,500 this included meds, copay, gas etc....
Our Experience with Dr. MK, where do I begin? As I previously stated I was diagnosed with Uterine Fibroids and my Uterus was enlarged. The doctor told me I needed to get a hysterectomy, the option to remove my fibroids were never discussed. I had no idea exactly what all that meant. We moved from Virginia to Tennessee and I figured we would get another opinion. To tell a newly married couple they had no chance of starting a family was devastating. Words really can't describe the feeling.... I was numb. We moved to Knoxville, TN from Virginia and I was getting the same diagnosis. I went online and found a holistic gynecologist in Atlanta that was willing to remove my fibroids. This is the same doctor that recommended Dr. MK. After our first meeting with Dr. MK I was in tears, tears of joy. For the first time in a long time I could see a little light in this darkness we were in. We connected instantly! We not only talked about why we were there, but she wanted to know about us. She made things feel so much more at ease and less stressful. I always looked forward to my appointments. When things didn't go as planned she always was quick to devise a new course of action. I went through 5 failed IUI cycles, she recommended that we go on to a more aggressive course of action with IVF. We moved from Knoxville to Durham, NC. I wasn't happy about the move at first, I wanted to continue my treatments with Dr. MK. We told Dr. MK about our move, she was happy for us. She immediately recommended a clinic and doctor to us. Since our move a few months ago we have stayed in contact with her keeping her updated. I'm not sure how many doctors would take the time to do that. She has written me several reference letters for grant applications. She is truly a blessing. Having Dr. MK in our lives, has shown us how we should be treated and what the expectations should be. Dr. MK always responded to emails, voice mails, etc..... I never felt like we were getting the run around. Dr. MK is at the top of her field.
Be patient through out your journey. I know it's easier said then done, but she (Dr. MK) has helped us with this.
My first encounter with Dr. McCarthy-Keith was like no other. She was recommended to me after I had my Fibroids removed, she was very welcoming and made my husband and I feel very comfortable. The doctors I saw before her all told me I needed to get a hysterectomy and that I had no chance of conceiving. My husband and I had only been married for two years and the thought of not getting pregnant was never an option. I would travel 3 hours to Atlanta from Knoxville, TN to see her. She was very accommodating and very patient with us.
I'm not particular sure about specific protocol, however after my first visit with her she explained that I would be a good candidate for IUI. She explained everything to us and what it would entail. I started my first IUI treatment and I was on Letrozole and Gonal F. As I continued with the IUI's she changed my medication and dosage due to how my body responded from the previous cycle, I went from Gonal F to Follistim. Sher also added Ovidrel as well, I went from 2 pills to 4 pills in one cycle. We believed we were getting closer to getting pregnant. DR. MK finally decide that we needed to move to a more aggressive approach.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is located in a good area and they have two offices. The strengths of the clinic the staff and doctors are very knowledgeable about everything. Very helpful and willing to go the extra mile for you. The only weakness I would say, I lived in Knoxville, TN and had to drive three hours to and from. Some days I would get back on the road right after my appointment.
I had health insurance, I was pleased that even though I was out of network insurance covered some things. I lived in TN and was receiving treatment in GA. Insurance did not cover any fertility treatments. The cost of our IUI's were significantly cheaper than we thought it was going to be. IUI cycle and treatment it was under $1,500 this included meds, copay, gas etc....
Sandy Springs

Dr. Perloe was very thorough and reviewed my extensive medical history. He was able to quickly identify concerns with my current medication and identified a problem with my husband that several others doctors did not mention. He answered all of my questions any time I was in the office and he was also very responsive via email.... He has extensive experience researching PCOS and treated this disorder with modified medications, diet and exercise.
Georgia Reproductive Specialists is the best infertility clinic in the metro Atlanta area. We spent a lot of time and money working with other doctors in other clinics without any success and no one able to tell us "why" we weren't getting pregnant.... [Cost Of Treatment] Around $15-20,000 for the entire process including medications, ICSI, cryopreservation, etc.... Jacqueline was very patient in demonstrating how to administer all medications/injections. She was very compassionate and supportive throughout the process. She was always concerned about my overall well-being.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Perloe is truly an expert in his field. He is very matter of fact and was able to quickly identify our infertility barriers and a solution after working with several other doctors over the course of years. He has extensive experience researching PCOS and treated this disorder with modified medications, diet and exercise. He set out a plan for me and had data to back up his recommendations. He was able to diagnose my husband with sperm morphology issues (which no other doctor had identified) and immediately knew that IVF with ICSI would be our best option. He thoroughly explained what was happening at each appointment as well as next steps. I always felt informed and supported. I was very comfortable working with Dr. Perloe and I was always confident in his recommendations. Even after I left his care after my first trimester, I would still rely on him for medical advice because I valued his opinion so much. My husband and I are eternally grateful for his knowledge and expertise. Without him we would not have our beautiful baby girl that we tried to conceive for over 6 years.
That he is truly an expert in treating infertility. He is very direct and will tell you what you need to do and/or stop doing to get the best results.
Dr. Perloe changed the type of Metformin I was taking daily from extended release to regular. He suggested I take Ovasitol daily for PCOS and prenatal vitamins from Theralogix. He was very careful in monitoring the amount of medication used and its effects on my eggs to ensure that they were not overstimulated (which can be common in PCOS patients). If anything appeared abnormal he would lower the dosage. My egg retrieval was very successful and I had 17 mature eggs. He recommended to do ICSI since my husband had morphology issues. The embryos that developed were frozen and we also did the genetic screening on the embryos and had 3 normal embryos. I embryo was transferred in November 2016 and we had a successful cycle with a healthy baby born August 8, 2017.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Cody)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Dr. Perloe recommended a single embryo transfer since carrying multiples can be very taxing on the body and there are elevated risks for complications.

2010 - 2017
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
When we first started, it was great. I thought we would get pregnant. She [Dr. McCarthy-Keith] already had an action plan. With IUIs, the protocol didn't change, meaning the outcome (negative pregnancy test) didn't change either. We decided to move to donated embryos. After the first transfer (chemical), we were devastated but had some joy because we did get a positive pregnancy test. For the second transfer, a different doctor did the procedure. That transfer was a negative pregnancy test. We didn't know what the next step would be and were told that Dr. McCarthy-Keith would follow-up with us with a phone call. We never heard back from anyone at the clinic.
Be prepared to wait! They [SGF-Atlanta] have two waiting rooms and sometimes it feels as though you are waiting in the main one just to wait again before you can be seen. The clinic is very busy. At times I felt rushed as there is always someone else right after you to see the doctor or nurse.... I talked more with the nursing staff than my doctor. If I can a question, they always answered it as soon as they could.
2010 - 2017
12 IUI, IVF, Donor Eggs, Donor Sperm
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
When we first started, it was great. I thought we would get pregnant. She already had an action plan. With IUIs, the protocol didn't change, meaning the outcome (negative pregnancy test) didn't change either. We decided to move to donated embryos. After the first transfer (chemical), we were devastated but had some joy because we did get a positive pregnancy test. For the second transfer, a different doctor did the procedure. That transfer was a negative pregnancy test. We didn't know what the next step would be and were told that Dr. McCarthy-Keith would follow-up with us with a phone call. We never heard back from anyone at the clinic.
Stay on top of the communication!!
My protocol never changed. I was always given the same meds at the same time during all my cycles. It was always "I don't know what happened" after a negative test, but no additional tests were conducted to try to find out more information about what was happening with my body or if the protocol needed to be changed. There were plenty of times that the nurse would say that the doctor would call to follow-up and then she never did.
I don't remember much of anything with regard to the protocols and meds used, except that they were all the same for IUI. Nothing changed until we decided to go with IVF and embryo adoption.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Be prepared to wait! They have two waiting rooms and sometimes it feels as though you are waiting in the main one just to wait again before you can be seen. The clinic is very busy. At times I felt rushed as there is always someone else right after you to see the doctor or nurse.
Sandy Springs
Dr. Namnoum is very knowledgeable and follows the typical protocol when one is labeled as infertile. She has a very sweet bedside manner, as well as, takes time to explain each procedure/process. Dr. Namnoum is very gentle and has a soft spoken voice... did 2 IUI's with Dr. Namnoum so far. She prescribed femara for both rounds taken during days 3-7 of your cycle with a trigger shot of gonadotropin after an ultrasound on day 10 to assess if there are viable follicles to perform the IUI. If ultrasound looks good then trigger shot taken on day 13. IUI performed on day 14.
GRS has many different locations around the Atlanta area. The doctor's are at different locations on different days which is helpful for people who have to travel. The clinic is very clean with many smiling faces and information/literature waiting for you. They get results back to you as soon as they get them in. Communication is of very good quality!... The staff really gets to know you and calls to check on you, as well as, wishes you the best of luck after each appointment.
Do your homework.
Dr. Namnoum and her nurse call you by name every visit as well as hug you and tell you they missed you if it has been a while between appointments. The staff really gets to know you and calls to check on you, as well as, wishes you the best of luck after each appointment.
I did 2 IUI's with Dr. Namnoum so far. She prescribed femara for both rounds taken during days 3-7 of your cycle with a trigger shot of gonadotropin after an ultrasound on day 10 to assess if there are viable follicles to perform the IUI. If ultrasound looks good then trigger shot taken on day 13. IUI performed on day 14.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
Every one at GRS, either of the locations, is very friendly and helpful. Dr. Namnoum's nurse is Tracy. Tracy is who I communicated with mostly and saw in the office before appointments. Occasionally, I saw another nurse and nursing staff all of which were of the same quality.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Most of our cost were copays, medication cost, and paying for the cost of the testing. Many of the genetic screening test cost us over $1,000 each. The most a medication cost us was $250.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The only issue we had was when we first began going to the clinic. Sometimes the nurse would not get back to use within 24 hours like the recording says or would not call us back all together.
2019 - 2020
I got a thorough explanation of my diagnostic and lab results after my follow up consultation [with Dr. Mark Perloe]. I really appreciated the fact that the recommended plan was presented and explained in three tiers. Although I understand in general what the protocol will be for me recommended treatment, I do wish that I could have gotten it in a nice neat report or a table. I’m a visual person and like being able to go back and look at important details such as that...He is very knowledgeable and happy to answer whatever questions you may have. Prepare for appointments by jotting down your questions ahead of time so you don’t forget them.
[The nurses at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta are] Very nice and quick to respond. Usually same day if it’s before 2 or 3pm...One IVF cycle is $11K. A shared risk program for up to 6 cycles is $18-28K depending on age...Other than having to pay for parking due to its location, the clinic is nice, spacious, and clean. The patient portal is a nice touch and you’re able to communicate with everyone there via the Messages feature. The lab results aren’t always available there though, even there’s a page for Lab Results...I only had diagnostics completed and 2 consultations so far.
2019 - 2020
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I got a thorough explanation of my diagnostic and lab results after my follow up consultation. I really appreciated the fact that the recommended plan was presented and explained in three tiers. Although I understand in general what the protocol will be for me recommended treatment, I do wish that I could have gotten it in a nice neat report or a table. I’m a visual person and like being able to go back and look at important details such as that.
He was very personable with my husband and I. He also shared about himself and his family which was relatable.
I only had diagnostics completed and 2 consultations so far.
Very nice and quick to respond. Usually same day if it’s before 2 or 3pm.