3400-A Old Milton Parkway
678-540-1098
5445 Meridian Mark Road
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-843-2229

Dr. Best was the perfect blend of informative and nurturing. She never made us feel rushed and always gave explanations for every decision. She more than just a doctor, she was a big part of our support system...made me feel like a had a say in my treatment plan. She counseled me on options but was candid about what she thought the best choice was in her medical opinion. She also kept me up to date with next steps.
I did not have a ton of experience with the clinic [Shady Grove Atlanta] itself as most of my correspondence was via phone. They seem fine overall and I did not have any strong positive or negative experiences. The reception staff was courteous...Chrissi [nurse] was prompt in responding to voicemails and extremely knowledgeable about my protocol. To prepare me for my upcoming first IVF, she gave me a detailed description of what to expect each day. She never rushed me and always answered all of my questions.
How was your experience with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Best made me feel like a had a say in my treatment plan. She counseled me on options but was candid about what she thought the best choice was in her medical opinion. She also kept me up to date with next steps.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Infertility is a rough road no matter what, but Dr. Best does what she can to make the process smoother.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
I had already done countless rounds of Letrozole, but Dr. Best added monitoring and a trigger shot to better pinpoint ovulation. When one cycle of that didn't work, she added an injection of Gonal-f as well, which is the cycle I got pregnant. She did not want to do a full injections cycle due to my PCOS, and since I got pregnant she was clearly right!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Chrissi)
Chrissi was prompt in responding to voicemails and extremely knowledgeable about my protocol. To prepare me for my upcoming first IVF, she gave me a detailed description of what to expect each day. She never rushed me and always answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I did not have a ton of experience with the clinic itself as most of my correspondence was via phone. They seem fine overall and I did not have any strong positive or negative experiences. The reception staff was courteous.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I had no insurance coverage for infertility, so Dr. Best and her team did what they could to minimize costs. I paid out of pocket for everything, including diagnostic tests and medications. Shady Grove did transfer discounts to their preferred pharmacy, which was a huge help. Dr. Best was also selective about which diagnostic tests she repeated to reduce costs.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
We were planning to move on to IVF the next cycle if we did not have success. She let me know that because I was planning on doing pgs testing on the embryos it was in my best interest to only transfer one.

2013 - 2016, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. McCarthy- Keith] always greeted me by name and had clearly reviewed my file or remembered me from previous treatment. I never felt there were too many patients or rushed at any of my appointments....I felt she was very knowledgeable and did a wonderful job explaining everything to me. Always made me feel comfortable even when delivering bad news.... Because I had unexplained infertility she started off with a round of IUI. After that it was determined that IVF would likely be our best bet.
The clinic [GA Repro Specialists] has a wonderful staff and the atmosphere at the Meridian Mark Office is fantastic... They always worked with me on my schedule. I was always seen at my scheduled time which helped since I was working. I felt very at ease, even when things were not going as planned.... A nurse was also always available to answer questions when I called, and if I had to leave a message the call was returned promptly.... The nurses seemed to be very knowledgeable and always able to answer questions.
How was your experience with Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I felt she was very knowledgeable and did a wonderful job explaining everything to me. Always made me feel comfortable even when delivering bad news. She was always able to answer my questions and she always listened to my concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Don't be afraid to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
She always greeted me by name and had clearly reviewed my file or remembered me from previous treatment. I never felt there were too many patients or rushed at any of my appointments.
Describe the protocols Desiree McCarthy-Keith used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
Because I had unexplained infertility she started off with a round of IUI. After that it was determined that IVF would likely be our best bet. I was given a plan and the first round I had to stop due to a polyp on my uterus. I had the surgery to remove that and then we proceeded with our round. I began the medications and had the egg retrieval which produced 18 eggs. After fertilization we had 13 eggs fertilize to create embryos but only 6 lasted until day 5. Because of our ages we had the genetic testing done. Of the 6 embryos only one was viable. We transferred the one embryo and received a positive pregnancy test. At our ultrasound appointment it was determined that I had a blighted ovum and in fact was not pregnant.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The nurses seemed to be very knowledgeable and always able to answer questions. They were always aware of the circumstances surrounding my treatment and care. A nurse was also always available to answer questions when I called, and if I had to leave a message the call was returned promptly.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic has a wonderful staff and the atmosphere at the Meridian Mark Office is fantastic. I was unable to visit their other campuses. They always worked with me on my schedule. I was always seen at my scheduled time which helped since I was working. I felt very at ease, even when things were not going as planned.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
My insurance covered the testing. All of my procedures were paid out of pocket. Total for all of my treatment was $20,247.01, not including the medications.
Describe Desiree McCarthy-Keith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I think her approach was perfect because based on the results from the genetic testing it was the only viable option for us.
2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
I felt like a human because when I hurt Dr. McCarthy-Keith hurt as well. It shows she has a passion for what she does. She personable & willing to ensure as a human you’re comfortable. She’s upfront & straightforward.... She’s personable informative straightforward & tells it like it is. She gives stats & will inform you as a patient if the process will work. What she says for the ,ost part is correct & she looks out for the best interest of the patient.
The clinic [Shady Grove Atlanta] is great! Nice staff & very friendly environment. It’s a clean environment and very welcoming. Any questions one may have anybody is there to answer. They all are caring & make sure to tend to the needs of the patient.... The nurse was great. Whenever I call she was there to answer all my questions. Very nice and pleasant.... I felt like a human because when I hurt Dr. McCarthy-Keith hurt as well. It shows she has a passion for what she does.
Listen to what she says. She’s looking out for your best interest. She’s honest and will give the best treatment to whoever she comes in contact with.
After reviewing my med list from other IVF doctor, she said she will increase my dosage and recommended DHEA & CoQ10 to increase my egg quality due to my 1st retrieval being 10 eggs with only 2 fertilizing. She also stated I should continue acupuncture & change my diet and incorporate exercise.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Rita Christopher )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is great! Nice staff & very friendly environment. It’s a clean environment and very welcoming. Any questions one may have anybody is there to answer. They all are caring & make sure to tend to the needs of the patient.
Meds-$500
She wants to transfer 1 embryo as opposed to 2 due to my age. I understand her logic & am in agreement with her.
Alpharetta

[Dr. Desiree McCarthy-Keith] is very straight forward with the terms of care for you. She says it with compassion, and knows that these are emotional and difficult times...I brought all my concerns and worries to her and she addressed each one in a polite manner...very detailed in explaining every step...makes sure that you understand and are completely aware of what is going on... I have never felt uneasy or judged.
They [Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] understand that women coming in are going through difficult times and they treat each patient as such...nursing staff is excellent...organized and compassionate...I have developed many friendships while at SGF and cheerleaders!...Weaknesses: Keeping patients up to date on billing and account balances. Each time I went into SGF I felt like I didn’t know how much I would have to transfer out of savings.
Dr. MK is very detailed in explaining every step in your procedure of care. She makes sure that you understand and are completely aware of what is going on. She is positive and wants the absolute it e best for you.
Dr. MK is very straight forward with the terms of care for you. She says it with compassion, and knows that these are emotional and difficult times. Just like any type of news, it’s always good to be prepared for what the doctor has in front of them.
Dr. MK treated me as a human being. I brought all my concerns and worries to her and she addressed each one in a polite manner. Every time I see Dr. MK in the SGF office, she is always friendly and kind. I have never felt uneasy or judged at SGF.
My first cycle I was out on Fermera to induce ovulation. As a PCOS patient, an ovulation is something I struggle with. Although this first cycle didn’t work with timed Intercourse, we moved on to an IUI. For this IUI, I was on Clomid 150mg. I received great response from Clomid and my follicles grew tremdnously to 19mm! The IUI was successful in retrieving my husbands sperm through sperm washing; however, the IUI didn’t work overall.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Lisa)
The nursing staff is excellent. They are very organized and compassionate. I have developed many friendships while at SGF and cheerleaders!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Strengths: SGF is very kind, clear and direct. They understand that women coming in are going through difficult times and they treat each patient as such. Weaknesses: Keeping patients up to date on billing and account balances. Each time I went into SGF I felt like I didn’t know how much I would have to transfer out of savings. This is the only negative I have
$1000–between two cycles of medication, 1 IUI procedure and my husbands sperm washing. As well as co-pays for monitoring visits.
Alpharetta

I was 38 when we started our first round of IVF. She [Dr. McCarthy-Keith] prescribed the max dosages of meds, we visited the office every 2 days for blood tests and vaginal ultrasounds. The first round produced 6 eggs and by Day 3 we were called that morning to do a fresh transfer with 2 embryos. I can't say it was right or wrong, BUT when we approached the 2nd egg retrieval NOTHING was changed. We did the same procedures, same dosages, & Dr.MK didn't do my egg retrieval.
[nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] was caring, and personable. She remembered little things about us and was always excited to see us...The first retrieval we spent max 10k on the procedure and meds after we maxed our insurance allowance. The second retrieval we spent 20k on the procedure, biopsy, & meds. After our follow up this year we were quoted 25k if we chose them for another round.
Dr. MK was a great seller. After becoming experienced patients, we noticed there were many things that she allowed to slip through the cracks. We were called by Dr. MK for results from a biopsy on our final embryo where she disclosed that it wasn't viable. Apologized and suggested a donor's egg next time. We didn't hear from her nor the office after that.
Don't let her sell you on something, do what's best for your budget, health, & do a lot of research.
There was more communication about the finances than it was about our end results of the 2nd retrieval. We didn't find out details of the 2nd failed attempt UNTIL a year and a half later. Georgia Reproductive was bought by Shady Grove fertility and it seemed impersonal after that.
I was 38 when we started our first round of IVF. She prescribed the max dosages of meds, we visited the office every 2 days for blood tests and vaginal ultrasounds. The first round produced 6 eggs and by Day 3 we were called that morning to do a fresh transfer with 2 embryos. I can't say it was right or wrong, BUT when we approached the 2nd egg retrieval NOTHING was changed. We did the same procedures, same dosages, & Dr.MK didn't do my egg retrieval. It was performed by Dr. Perlot whom I had never met before.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Rita)
Rita was caring, and personable. She remembered little things about us and was always excited to see us.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Front desk staff and the finance department could be revamped with their approach and tactics. Our 2nd egg retrieval was during their merger, so it left our appointments with incorrect paperwork and training sessions during allotted times.
Dr. MK td us that their practice didn't do them because they believe in "healthy mommy and healthy baby.", but our 1st transfer was 2 fresh embryos. We are content with either decision.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Small clerical areas with finance.

2022, Consult
She [Dr. Desiree McCarthy-Keith] remembered our situation, cared about our relationship and treat us both as parents...Very knowledgable, great communication skills. Well educated yet relatable. She offered alternatives, details, and clearly communicated each step. We both felt included and listened to. She held space for all of our questions and follow ups...There will be a long wait to get on her calendar
Great process from start to finish [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta]. Scheduling we did have to call back after we submitted the online form. But once we got on the calendar things were great. The email communication works well for us...[nurses] Great follow up, expressive, available, prompt turn around...Very knowledgable, great communication skills. Well educated yet relatable. She [Dr. McCarthy-Keith] offered alternatives, details, and clearly communicated each step. We both felt included and listened to. She held space for all of our questions and follow ups.
There will be a long wait to get on her calendar
She remembered our situation, cared about our relationship and treat us both as parents
IUI was cleared to start do to healthy reproductive system and good egg count
Great follow up, expressive, available, prompt turn around
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Great process from start to finish. Scheduling we did have to call back after we submitted the online form. But once we got on the calendar things were great. The email communication works well for us
unsure
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
1 of the test we had to go back for a separate time because the order was not sent to labcorp
Alpharetta
[The nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility- Atlanta's] Strength return calls as soon as possible, polite and friendly didn’t rush me while questions... McCarthy-Keith went the extra mile when I need a medication. The medication was called the day before and the date of the medication it was not available. She made an extra step contacted the pharmacist personally and had my medication ready with in minutes. On the date of my IUI she had a planned family trip, she push back her flight time just to do it for me. She stated she promised that she was going to be there very step of way and she is doing just so.
Strength-warm and welcoming, informative, understanding, flexiable in scheduling weakness time management, more available afternoon hours, doesn’t do every lab possible such anti ovarian antibodies lab, did not let me try IVF with my own eggs
Tell her what you want done
I fell like a human. McCarthy-Keith went the extra mile when I need a medication. The medication was called the day before and the date of the medication it was not available. She made an extra step contacted the pharmacist personally and had my medication ready with in minutes. On the date of my IUI she had a planned family trip, she push back her flight time just to do it for me. She stated she promised that she was going to be there very step of way and she is doing just so.
For the Low Ovarian Reserve, letrozole with Ovidrel was used
I was not educated on eSET
Desiree McCarthy-Keith

Dr. McCarthy-Keith is super knowledgeable, thorough, and kind! When she called with my pregnancy test results I could hear the pure joy in her voice. She really cares about her patients and that is so crucial when you work in such a sensitive field...I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome so I do not ovulate on a regular basis. So we decided to do a medicated IUI to be able to better time my insemination. If I remember correctly, I took 2.5mg of letrazole for 7 days starting on the third day of my cycle. On cycle day 11/12 I believe (I don't quite remember) I went in for an ultrasound and had 1 follicle measuring at 24mm. That same evening as my ultrasound at 10pm I took a trigger shot of Ovidrel to force ovulation. My IUI was 36 hours later. 11 days past insemination I had my first positive pregnancy test. I was blessed enough to conceive on my first attempt!
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility Altlanta] is beautiful, well designed, and clean. You never have a long wait. Refreshments are available in the waiting room. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone ready to start a family...I will definitely be returning to Shady Grove Fertility when I am ready to conceive my second child...staff will make you feel comfortable and guide you through the process...They returned phone calls and emails promptly to address any of my concerns.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith is super knowledgeable, thorough, and kind! When she called with my pregnancy test results I could hear the pure joy in her voice. She really cares about her patients and that is so crucial when you work in such a sensitive field. I will definitely be returning to Shady Grove Fertility when I am ready to conceive my second child.
First, come prepared with all of your questions written down. She will be able to answer them. Second, just breath I know this can be a stressful journey but try to relax. Dr. MK and her staff will make you feel comfortable and guide you through the process.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith is so kind and personable. She is attentive when you're speaking and is genuinely invested in you starting the family you desire.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Lisa )
The staff is professional and helpful. They returned phone calls and emails promptly to address any of my concerns.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is beautiful, well designed, and clean. You never have a long wait. Refreshments are available in the waiting room. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone ready to start a family.
I had a $50 copay for each visit including my IUI. My donor sperm which i got from California Cryobank cost about $2000 for 2 vials that is including shipping. My genetic testing was partially covered by insurance but still left me with a responsibility of about $900 in total I probably spent about $3500
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
There was just a simple miscommunication between the nursing staff and the front desk. It was quickly resolved once the mistake was caught.

2017 - 2020, Successful
We were reeling from an 11 week loss when we started with Dr. Namnoum. She was sensitive to our pain. She listened carefully to all of my observations, read my obsessive notes and research, consulted with me on every step of my plan, and listened to me when I made observations about my body's response...We walked in as a same sex couple, explained our situation, and were off and running
I got to work with the the nurses I'd gotten to know [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] during IVF, and they are all fabulous. Great communicators and cheerleaders, and all very helpful and organized...A lot of things have improved since the merge with SGF. They now have an online portal and communicate quickly and efficiently through the messaging system there. It's much easier to get ahold of someone at the desk. The biggest negative that comes along with the merge is that I rarely get to see Dr. Namnoum at all.
How was your experience with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I've been under Dr. Namnoum's care for 3 years, since before Georgia Reproductive Services became Shady Grove. When it was GRS, I saw Dr. Namnoum significantly more than I do now. She did all of my ultrasounds herself, so I had a lot of opportunities to get to know her. Each time, I would go in with dozens of questions and worries, and she always took the time to listen to them. She never made me feel crazy or irrational, even though fertility treatments can make your head do ridiculous things. Dr. Namnoum is the 3rd RE that I saw, and what really sets her apart from the others is that she does not lead with her ego. When I told her that, based on my ovulation pain, I thought we were timing my IUIs too early, she listened to me. She believed the observations that I made about my body and adjusted my treatment based on that. She allowed me to put more time between the trigger and the procedure, which resulted in a pregnancy. I had mentioned my ovulation pain to a previous doctor, whose response was "there's no way you could feel that." She let her ego lead and would not take my observations seriously. Dr. Namnoum was also an enormous comfort to us after our miscarriage (from a pregnancy achieved with a previous doctor). I was overly worried about every tiny step, and thought for sure she would tell me that I just needed to relax (which is the worst thing to say to someone in this situation, by the way), but she never did. She listened, and she comforted me in a way that was not overly emotional (I had enough of that to go around) but steady and fact-based. She was so compassionate, and even allowed me to have an extra ultrasound just to make sure everything was on track. She asked me at 8 weeks if I was ready to "graduate" from SGF, and I said no! First of all, my prior loss had been at 11 weeks, so I was still a worried mess, and secondly, I really never wanted to leave her care. I asked if I could just stay with her until the end, and she joked that she hadn't delivered a baby since med school, and it probably wasn't the best idea. That pregnancy resulted in our 2 year old, and now we are pregnant again, with hopefully our 2nd baby, thanks to Dr. Namnoum. I don't see her as much this time around, but I know that she knows me and my story well, and I know that if there is ever a concern about something and I really need her eyes or ears, she will make herself available. Most reviews I've read about Dr. Namnoum are very good, but I've read one or two that say she is cold, to which I will say this: she is very mild mannered and doesn't talk a lot, but that is because she is LISTENING, which is a quality I wish every doctor had. When answering questions, she is brief and direct, but also sensitive. I sometimes felt rushed, but that was pressure I put on myself for feeling like I had too many questions. Dr. Namnoum never rushed me, even if I asked her the same question 5 different ways just to make sure. At this point, we have no idea whether our current pregnancy will make it to term, but we are so grateful to have found our way to Dr. Namnoum, and would recommend her without hesitation.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Go in with your information and questions organized. Her consults are 30 minutes, but she will use every last second of them reviewing your documents and answering questions, so make good use of your time. If you're ever in doubt about your treatment or have questions along the way, the nurses are great, but if you want to hear directly from Dr. Namnoum, just ask the nurse for that. She will make the time.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Describe the protocols Anne Brawner Namnoum used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
IUI #1 - natural cycle (transferred from other doctor too late for meds) - negative IUI #2 - medicated according to my request (letrozole, trigger, one FSH injection for "boost") - positive, now a healthy 2 year old. IVF #1 - we started with IVF when trying for our second because we were low on donor sperm. No OCP protocol: menopur & Gonal-F, HCG trigger. I did not respond well - lead follicles jumped ahead and others wouldn't catch up, only 3 eggs were retrieved, 2 fertilized, both disintegrated by the next day IVF#2 converted to IUI#3 - luteal lupron to try to get follicles to grow more evenly, more aggressive Menopur & Gonal-F, lead follicles jumped ahead again and cycles was looking essentially the same, so we backed off on stims and converted to IUI. HCG trigger, but I felt IUI was too early. Negative. IUI#4 - small doses of Menopur & Gonal-F (because I had them leftover). Shooting for 3-4 follicles because IVF revealed a likely egg quality problem (I am 39, so no surprise). Achieved 3, possibly 4 mature follicles. I requested 40 hours from trigger to procedure based on ovulation pain. Dr. Namnoum was kind enough to perform an ultrasound at the time of the IUI just so that I could see what was happening, and confirmed that timing was spot-on. Positive, hopefully will result in baby #2.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Dawn, Teena, Jacqueline, Kenzie)
When we were trying for our first, our IUI nurse, Tracey, was difficult to communicate with and severely lacked compassion. I often left the office in tears after dealing with her. If I hadn't loved Dr. Namnoum so much, I honestly would have changed offices. It's one of the reasons I was happy to be doing IVF for #2 (different nurses handled that). After 1.5 IVFs failed us and we decided to go back to IUI, I was nervous to work with her again. Then we took a few months off due to COVID, and when we came back, Tracey was no longer with the practice. I got to work with the the nurses I'd gotten to know during IVF, and they are all fabulous. Great communicators and cheerleaders, and all very helpful and organized.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
A lot of things have improved since the merge with SGF. They now have an online portal and communicate quickly and efficiently through the messaging system there. It's much easier to get ahold of someone at the desk. The biggest negative that comes along with the merge is that I rarely get to see Dr. Namnoum at all. Really only if I schedule a consult or just happen to get lucky enough that she's available the day of my procedure. She used to all of my ultrasounds herself, but now they have sonographers to do that, so I can't count on those appointments to check in with her or ask questions. I understand that's helpful for her to be able to treat more people, but if I didn't have a long history with her, I probably wouldn't feel as confident that she's looking out for me personally. When there was a question about the ultrasound results, she made the time to do the next one myself, and does occasionally call me personally with test results, especially if she knows I'll have follow up questions.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
We switched insurance between our two IVF cycles. Because we use frozen sperm, SGF requires us to use ICSI, but our insurance wouldn't cover it. With our first insurance, it was $1800, with our second, it was $3400. I fought it and appealed, and Dr. Namnoum very generously did a "peer to peer" phone call to tell them why it was required. The rest of the cycles (not including ICSI) were right around $5000 out of pocket, plus meds (which were between $1,000 and $3,000).
Describe Anne Brawner Namnoum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
How competent was Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta at LGBTQ care?
It was honestly never a thing. We walked in as a same sex couple, explained our situation, and were off and running. Apart from the funny stuff that always comes up (like the fact that she's supposed to tell us to use a barrier method contraception during certain parts of my cycle), which are easy to joke about, we never felt like she treated us any differently than anyone else. We were never self conscious or nervous around any of the staff. We didn't really have any specific needs as an LGBTQ couple; only that we were using frozen donor sperm, but that's pretty run of the mill.
Describe your experience using 3rd party reproduction (donor eggs, donor sperm, or gestational carrier) at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Everything was totally fine. They told us the hours they were able to accept delivery, we informed our clinic when we arranged for shipping, and all went fine. They always have me look at the vial to verify our donor number before the procedure, and they check the counts and motility. They always thaw the sperm slightly earlier than I'm comfortable with (around 2 hours prior to the procedure), but I've gotten pregnant twice, so it must be fine.

2021 - 2022, Unknown Success
Dr. Brahma has a fantastic bedside manner and I can tell that she truly cares about our outcome. She did not perform any of our retrievals but always personally called with each outcome - good or bad. She calls more with the bad so usually when the phone is ringing, I have a feeling its not the best outcome for us :(..I was on the full IVF protocol: menopur, Gonal-F - both in increasing doses throughout the cycle. The trigger shot was Lupron.
I am part of Shady Grove's shared risk program, only single embryo transfers are allowed...During the treatment cycle, you have a nurse who is a good partner to you. When the cycle is over and between cycles, the communication is not as strong...I find with this clinic, like many others, the care depends on your team and your team alone. I do find that sometimes there can be a disconnect with billing and your clinical care team. Make sure that you understand all of the billing process, including the Shared Risk Program.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Pavna Brahma at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Brahma is very nice and will answer all the questions that you may have - you just have to make sure to ask the questions. If not, you will find out some of the information but not all of it.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Pavna Brahma at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Describe the protocols Pavna Brahma used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
The nursing staff has changed several times since I have been going through my journey. My original nurse was fantastic but in the middle of my second cycle, I found out that she had left. No one had told me!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Pavna Brahma at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I qualified for the Shared Risk Program at the 35 and under rate so the overall treatment was $26,000. Additional costs have brought it over $30K to date.
Describe Pavna Brahma's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
We had some scheduling issue with my procedure - they had a really hard time coordinating with my husband's urologist which added a lot of stress to an already stressful time. Also, it was frustrating to have my nursing team constantly changing.
Pavna Brahma

2020, 21 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Natalie Stentz] was and is an amazing doctor. I am a transman and going through this process was so difficult for me...made me feel so comfortable. She ensured that her staff continually acknowledged me as sir, and he and they were so friendly and comforting during this process. She got me 26 eggs preserved and frozen...allowing me to finish my transition successfully. She changed my life! I've never been so excited to do something like this!
The nursing staff was just as amazing as Dr. Stenz was. Kenzie called me just about every other day to check on my process and any answer I had she answered it quickly and she was so helpful. Again, as a transgender man, this was so difficult for me to do, but Kenzie and Dr. Stenz showed me differently and believed in me and helped me get through. Because of them, I have 26 eggs waiting for me and wife as we begin this journey of having children.
How was your experience with Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Stenz from Shady Grove Fertility was so amazing that i captured my whole journey and recommended this very clinic on youtube. She made my dreams come true as a transman and that's to still have children that are related to me as my wife carries them, allowing me to finish my transition successfully. She changed my life! I've never been so excited to do something like this!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Just be patient and trust the process and definitely Trust her she has your back and she wants nothing but the best for you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
She was and is an amazing doctor. I am a transman and going through this process was so difficult for me. But Dr. Stenz from Shady Grove Fertility Clinic made me feel so comfortable. She ensured that her staff continually acknowledged me as sir, and he and they were so friendly and comforting during this process. She got me 26 eggs preserved and frozen, Thank you so much DR. Stenz!
Describe the protocols Natalie Stentz used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
We went two weeks of me taking medication that helps your ovaries to stimulate so that the eggs can be frozen. For those two weeks, I had to come in a couple of times so they could do the ultrasounds and just monitor my process. After the 10th day of the meds, I had an in house small procedure to extract the 41 eggs that were produced. This process literally took me 3 months from start to finish.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Kenzie Dill)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The staff is so friendly The clinic is clean They care about there patients They get things done in a timely manner, you won't be standing around waiting on anyone. They really invest there time and patience on their clients I honestly have no weakness! Fertility Clinics need to get like them
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
none all covered by insurance and the billing did a good job with that I didn't have one bill sent to me
Buckhead/Piedmont

Dr. Brahma has mentioned that for us, she would prefer to transfer one at a time. Because of the genetic abnormalities we carry, we are looking for quality over quantity...She is incredibly detail oriented. She is careful to cover all of the bases with out testing to make sure we don't miss anything. She explains our results and treatment plan in detail and recognizes that people process and learn differently.
[nurse of SGF Atlanta] has called me on almost a weekly basis while we have been on hold due to COVID-19. She is reassuring and informative. Her phone calls are always to update me on any changes to protocol in the clinic and make sure that I am doing okay and staying safe...If and when I DO have questions, they are quick to respond on the online portal.
How was your experience with Pavna Brahma at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I don't even know where to begin. From our first consultation with Dr. Brahma, we felt like we were in the BEST hands. She is incredibly detail oriented. She is careful to cover all of the bases with out testing to make sure we don't miss anything. She explains our results and treatment plan in detail and recognizes that people process and learn differently. So she will draw diagrams, explain it in detail and ask if we have any questions before moving on to the next subject. Even during this global pandemic with everything on pause, she has taken the time to call me personally several times just to check in and see how I am doing and to remind me that we will get there! I couldn't say enough positive things about her if i tried.
Be honest with her. Don't let infertility scare you or make you hesitant to ask questions. She will do everything in her power to give you the best answer and put your mind at ease.
Dr. Brahma has always taken the time to explain every test, every step that we take with compassion and understanding. She acknowledges our fears and concerns and does her very best to put them to rest.
While we are still waiting to begin a treatment protocol, Dr. Brahma has made i very clear that she does not stick to one type of protocol. There isn't a protocol that prefers over another. She has assured us that our protocol will be tailored to US and OUR needs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline)
Jacqueline has called me on almost a weekly basis while we have been on hold due to COVID-19. She is reassuring and informative. Her phone calls are always to update me on any changes to protocol in the clinic and make sure that I am doing okay and staying safe. All of the staff at Shady Grove Atlanta have been so warm and welcoming. After the first visit, the all knew me by name and made me feel so special and cared for.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I LOVE Shady Grove Fertility. I am specifically located in Atlanta and typically go to the Buckhead location. I am always met with smiles and warm faces. It is a calm and peaceful atmosphere. They go above and beyond every visit and every phone call to make sure that I am okay and have no questions. If and when I DO have questions, they are quick to respond on the online portal. Even when I leave with "not the best news", I am always happy with my visit to them.
Shady Grover accepts my insurance. While I don't have much fertility coverage, they offer multiple programs for IVF and financing, medication programs, Shared Help programs, and 100% Shared Risk programs.
Pavna Brahma

2014 - 2019, Unsuccessful
[Dr. Mark Perloe] is wonderful to work with and is the type of doctor that constantly researches and stays up to date! He even trains other doctors the same way - someone to learn much from. Perloe spends a lot of time diagnosing and making sure that he does a thorough evaluation of an individual. He also has spent time being an advocate to teach other doctors about PCOS.
Office staff and nurses [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] either don't have time to be polite or are used to patients being frustrated and they were not just a touch rude... they were very rude...Any time with them felt rushed...the "refund promise" seems to be a total sham. I've been owed a refund for more than a year - and they confirm it every time I talk to them... but then never send the money...
How was your experience with Mark Perloe (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr Perloe was great on initial visits to educate and pass off large amounts of information on diet and other solutions. Then it was great to know that significant testing and bloodwork, etc would be done to give a real diagnosis that was personable. The issue was the office/company - not Dr. Perloe.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Perloe (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Avoid the company Shady Grove - when Perloe is on his own or another organization, he is wonderful to work with and is the type of doctor that constantly researches and stays up to date! He even trains other doctors the same way - someone to learn much from. Perloe spends a lot of time diagnosing and making sure that he does a thorough evaluation of an individual. He also has spent time being an advocate to teach other doctors about PCOS.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Perloe (retired) at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Time in the office was actually one good thing with my experience. The initial appointment had a lot of great information and time explaining what all would come.
The nurses at SHady Grove Fertility Atlanta were too busy to show much compassion. Any time with them felt rushed.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Shady Grove Fertility has been buying up successful practices all over the nation and the Atlanta location is no different. It was a wonderful (patient focused) practice before Shady Grove bought it. It has become a place that is just about making money, false promises, big advertising campaigns and an office staff that you can never reach (unless trying to book an appt.) While the doctors are nice - the rest of the process is so frustrating that it ruins your experience. Office staff and nurses either don't have time to be polite or are used to patients being frustrated and they were not just a touch rude... they were very rude! The most important thing to understand from my experience (and reviews I read) is that the "refund promise" seems to be a total sham. I've been owed a refund for more than a year - and they confirm it every time I talk to them... but then never send the money. Be careful of this SHADY practice.
Mark Perloe (retired)

2014 - 2019, Successful
I have mild endometriosis that had been removed via laparoscopy a month prior to meeting Dr. Best. Dr. Best dicovered Diminished Ovarian Reserve when I was 28 years old. My husband had two varicoceles that were later repaired. IVF was recommended given our situation and the fact that we knew we would like to have more than on child. Financially we were prelared to try IUI twice and then move on to IVF. 2014: IUI #1: Femara 2.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI, Endometrin- Not successful IUI #2: Femara 5mg, Bravelle, IUI, Endometrin- Successful singleton birth 2019: IUI #3 Femara 5mg (no response), Femara 7.5mg, Gonal-F, Estrace (thinned lining), Ovidrel, IUI, Prometrium- currently waiting for results.
The Shady Grove offices are beautiful. I opted to be monitored at a couple of separate offices to better fit my personal needs. I loved that physicians are providing monitoring ultrasounds so that questions can be asked during the appointment while also making sure that only your primary physician makes any changes to your treatment protocol. I could count on Chrissi to relay all the needed information from Dr. Best as soon as my labs came back after each appointment. All other support staff was so nice, and so helpful from my first phone call to Shady Grove. The whole process has felt efficient without feeling like there has been any cutting of corners with regard to my medical care. I can’t say enough good things about my experience.
How was your experience with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Just from meeting Dr. Best, you can tell not only that her bedside manner is wonderful, but also that she is extremely knowledgeable in her field. We were successful in our second round of IUI, and 4 years later we just had another IUI in hopes of conceiving a second child. We appreciated that even though IVF was the recommended medical treatment for our particular situation, Dr. Best respected and supported our wishes to stick with a treatment plan we felt more financially comfortable with.
Don’t be afraid to share your questions or concerns. She will take the time to explain things thoroughly to you to make sure you feel knowledgeable and comfortable with your treatment plan.
Having gone through IVF herself, Dr. Best understands physically and emotionally what we are going through. She takes the time to answer questions, calm concerns, and just shows general care for our well-being. I love that she gives honest and direct medical advice, yet remains really positive and supportive of your wishes.
Chrissi and Dr. Best make a wonderful team. They communicate effectively together and ensure that all questions and concerns are addressed quickly. Mist of the time, Chrissi anticipated questions and provided the needed information before I could even ask. She is also extremely compassionate and easy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
My most recent IUI cycle was about $2000 including consult, sonohistogram, all medications (including injectables), multiple monitoring appointments, and IUI.

2015 - 2018, Unsuccessful
Dr Perloe always responds to emails quickly. ... Dr. Perloe is very smart and a great scientist. He treated my PCOS successfully, and virtually changed my life. In working on getting pregnant with him via IUI, I trust him ... I have PCOS and am of advanced maternal age, so we tried medicated IUI with letrozole, follistim, ovidrel, and endometrin. Going forward, I'm doing IVF after 3 unsuccessful IUIs, and I'm not certain of the protocol.
It's often the case that you have to track them [Shady Grove Fertility nurses] down to get lab results, and there was a time or two that my prescriptions were not called in on time and I had to pay for them out of pocket. I tried to let these things go, as the process is already difficult and frustrating in and of itself, but these challenges are really discouraging. ... The weaknesses are the nurse coordinators, the communication systems, and a lack of ways to look up test results in an online platform. You often have to follow up more than once to get a response, and you really need to take responsibility for your own care and push for blood tests when you think they are necessary.
Dr. Perloe is very smart and a great scientist. He treated my PCOS successfully, and virtually changed my life. In working on getting pregnant with him via IUI, I trust him, but I had some concerns about getting information and the office staff., However, overall, I think very highly of dr. Perloe and have chosen to continue seeing him even after several unsuccessful IUIs. He always responds quickly to my emails, although I try not to email him for every single thing.
Be prepared with a list of questions, and email him directly if you have an important question. Be prepared to chase down his office staff for results and information.
Dr Perloe always responds to emails quickly. However, he and the office staff often seem "uninformed" about my case and history. I know they see lots of patience, but I would prefer that they be prepared and well-versed on my case prior to an appointment.
Describe the protocols Mark Perloe (retired) used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda during IUI and Jacqueline during IVF.)
Have unfortunately had trouble getting responses and help from the nursing and clinical staff. Starting with Kaylee, who was very unclear and apparently forgot to do some of the testing required before I started my IUI Cycles. Yolanda was also difficult to get in touch with during each IUI cycle, and a couple of times she neglected to call in medication early enough, which led to me paying out of pocket rather than getting insurance coverage. Jacqueline has been better about follow-ups via email, but I often need to urge her to ask dr. Perloe about my specific question to get an answer. There have been a couple of emails I have sent with questions that I had to follow up a second time with her to get a response. I try not to be difficult or too demanding, but as someone who is investing a lot of money in IVF, there are a lot of emotions and nerves attached, and having timely answers to my questions, and compassionate reassurance would be really helpful. I don't think it's too much to expect. I respect my nurses and their time, but also hope that they do the same for me and go to any extent possible to help me achieve a successful pregnancy. I've heard of other women having outstanding and wonderful experiences with their nurses and Care team at other practices, and it sometimes makes me feel sad, because I feel like I'm just a number.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The doctors are the strengths. The weaknesses are the nurse coordinators, the communication systems, and a lack of ways to look up test results in an online platform. You often have to follow up more than once to get a response, and you really need to take responsibility for your own care and push for blood tests when you think they are necessary.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I mentioned many of these in my review of the nurses. It's often the case that you have to track them down to get lab results, and there was a time or two that my prescriptions were not called in on time and I had to pay for them out of pocket. I tried to let these things go, as the process is already difficult and frustrating in and of itself, but these challenges are really discouraging.
Mark Perloe (retired)
Buckhead/Piedmont

During my IUI cycle, I was told at 3:30pm that I needed to take my trigger shot that evening [by Shady Grove-Atlanta]. This was my first medicated IUI and didn't have much knowledge about the procedure. The medical assistant proceeded to ask me if I had the trigger shot. I didn't because they hadn't called in the prescription and I had no idea it would be difficult to get quickly. The specialty pharmacy that carried the medication was geographically very inconvenient for me to get to and I wasn't able to leave work early at such late notice. My husband had to cancel his plans, and drive across town in order to pick up the medication so I could take it on time. This should never have happened. This clinic understands how stressful these things can be and their inability to anticipate this potential issue was inexcusable in my book. After this IUI, I changed to a different practice and never looked back.
Dr. Namnoum was compassionate and knowledgeable. However, she does not have strong recommendations for courses of treatment. She provided education and allowed me to make the call about what to do next. I would have prefered more direction from our doctor.
Bring all questions to your appointments. It is difficult to get in touch with her otherwise.
The office staff that I encountered at the remote office at Piedmont Hospital were always very friendly. The staff at the main location near Northside Hospital were not very friendly or compassionate. There were some miscommunications regarding the reason for one of my visits to the main location and I was made to feel like it was my fault.
All of my and my husband's tests came back normal, so we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I started seeing Dr. Namnoum after doing 3 cycles of clomid under my primary OB/Gyn practice. We did 2 more cycles with letrozole with Dr. Namnoum. Under my own motivation, I started acupuncture and did the Whole30 diet. Dr. Namnoum was supportive of these lifestyle changes and my desire to see what happened during an unmedicated cycle. This cycle resulted in a pregnancy. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. When we were ready to start treatment again, she suggested a medicated IUI. I took Letrozole and a trigger shot prior to the procedure. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
The nurses were competent, but did not communicate well. There is no way to get in touch with the practice after hours or on weekends. Even when you call during normal business hours, you ALWAYS have to leave a voicemail and wait for a returned call. The phone doesn't even ring, it just goes to voicemail.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Some of the staff are very friendly. The financial support person, Candice was great. This clinic's biggest weakness is communication. There is no way to get in touch with someone after hours or on the weekends. Even when you call during normal business hours you always have to leave a voicemail and wait for a call back. The phone doesn't even ring, it just goes to voicemail.
I have infertility coverage through my insurance, so most of these visits were covered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
During my IUI cycle, I was told at 3:30pm that I needed to take my trigger shot that evening. This was my first medicated IUI and didn't have much knowledge about the procedure. The medical assistant proceeded to ask me if I had the trigger shot. I didn't because they hadn't called in the prescription and I had no idea it would be difficult to get quickly. The specialty pharmacy that carried the medication was geographically very inconvenient for me to get to and I wasn't able to leave work early at such late notice. My husband had to cancel his plans, and drive across town in order to pick up the medication so I could take it on time. This should never have happened. This clinic understands how stressful these things can be and their inability to anticipate this potential issue was inexcusable in my book. After this IUI, I changed to a different practice and never looked back.

2017, Unknown Success
Dr. McCarthy-Keith treated me husband and I like we were her only patients during each visit. She empathized with our situation and let us know that her goal was to help us get a baby.... Dr. McCarthy-Keith has recommended that we pursue a donor egg IVF cycle since our funds are limited and this would give us a better chance of conceiving versus using my eggs with a 20% chance.
They [nurses at Georgia Reproductive Specialists] are all very responsive. If I have questions or need a help with an injection, they are very good about walking through the steps and keeping you encouraged throughout the process. They all have a friendly demeanor.
I was referred to Dr. McCarthy-Keith from another friend who raved about her. She is exceptional at what she does and clearly communicates prognosis, test results and recommendations with compassion. She never seems too rushed or busy to answer questions.
Don't be afraid of asking her to explain all of your options for fertility treatments and any questions (small or large). She is very willing to answer any and all.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith has recommended that we pursue a donor egg IVF cycle since our funds are limited and this would give us a better chance of conceiving versus using my eggs with a 20% chance. We are currently saving up to go down this route.
They are all very responsive. If I have questions or need a help with an injection, they are very good about walking through the steps and keeping you encouraged throughout the process. They all have a friendly demeanor.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Georgia Reproductive Specialist is one of the top clinics in the the Atlanta area. I was first drawn to them because their prices for IVF were more reasonable. It is easy to get an appointment relatively quickly and all of the doctors in the practice work together. The front office staff is also extremely helpful.
The clinic recently merged with Shady Grove so the donor egg cycle costs changed some from our first visit. They now have two options that start at $28k.
2015 - 2017, Unknown Success
Dr. Namnoum is very Knowledgeable and quite Kind. I felt that Dr. Namnoum can be A little too frank though. I left each visit a little deflated. I understood the reality of my age but delivery is important. Dr. Namnoum is great though and she knew her stuff. However, I felt that my age was an automatic deterrent and I was pigeon holed.... Blocked tubes- did not really understand that whole process and did not get a clear answer on that.
Very nicely decorated. I liked the fact that the tests were done in house. Staff [Shady Grove] was courteous but Way too busy. It took hours. I’m not sure how well organized they were. They were hard to reach by phone and email. Trying to get some questions answered was very tedious. After you left the physician who knew her stuff, it was not that great for me afterwards... The office staff was not that great. It was too busy there. Appointments took hours.
You will get a very knowledgeable physician
She was great. She paid attention. The staff was horrible. Too busy. Felt like a mill.
Clomid. It was challenging as my spouse was out of the country. Blocked tubes- did not really understand that whole process and did not get a clear answer on that.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Tracy I think)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Very nicely decorated. I liked the fact that the tests were done in house. Staff was courteous but Way too busy. It took hours. I’m not sure how well organized they were. They were hard to reach by phone and email. Trying to get some questions answered was very tedious. After you left the physician who knew her stuff, it was not that great for me afterwards
We discussed it and she was certainly receptive
Buckhead/Piedmont

The Dr is okay, I feel left out on my fertility plan. Emotionally not there for me as much as I would like. Always hard to contact and always have to wait away before I can get a call back. It has been really inconvenient for us in the past. ... Was never followed up with. Always wondered what our next steps were going to be. Emotionally wasn't there for us
Seems like they [Shady Grove] are low on staff. I am always waiting to be contacted. Emotionally not with the patients. Costs are cheap which is a good thing, don't raise them now. It is fast when you are scheduled and in the office. ... Failed to call in drug to pharmacy, I had to call multiple times into the office so she could get them sent out.
Be patient with the whole process.
I don't recall
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Tracey)
Terrible customer service. I would sit for 8 hours before I could get a call back
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Seems like they are low on staff. I am always waiting to be contacted. Emotionally not with the patients. Costs are cheap which is a good thing, don't raise them now. It is fast when you are scheduled and in the office.
I don't remember
Buckhead/Piedmont
After going through a hysteroscopy and polypectomy [with Dr. Monica Best], I was pregnant on my very next medicated cycle...was very personable, kind, and always did her best to lift our spirits. She remembered us, always remembered what we were dealing with in every situation...she listened to my concerns and was willing to try some things I suggested before we went straight to iui or ivf. She did recommend those as treatment since our infertility was initially “unexplained”. But, we weren’t ready for those more invasive treatments. Dr. Best helped us come up with a plan, and we actually found that one of our biggest problems was that I had polyps in my uterus that weren’t obvious in my previous testing.
After going through a hysteroscopy and polypectomy [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta], I was pregnant on my very next medicated cycle...Dr. Best was very personable, kind, and always did her best to lift our spirits. She remembered us, always remembered what we were dealing with in every situation... she listened to my concerns and was willing to try some things I suggested before we went straight to iui or ivf. She did recommend those as treatment since our infertility was initially “unexplained”. But, we weren’t ready for those more invasive treatments. Dr. Best helped us come up with a plan, and we actually found that one of our biggest problems was that I had polyps in my uterus that weren’t obvious in my previous testing.
How was your experience with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I loved working either Dr. Best because she listened to my concerns and was willing to try some things I suggested before we went straight to iui or ivf. She did recommend those as treatment since our infertility was initially “unexplained”. But, we weren’t ready for those more invasive treatments. Dr. Best helped us come up with a plan, and we actually found that one of our biggest problems was that I had polyps in my uterus that weren’t obvious in my previous testing.
Do advocate for yourself, but trust that Dr. Best will do everything she can to help you reach your goals.
After going through a hysteroscopy and polypectomy, I was pregnant on my very next medicated cycle.
Monica Best

Dr. Stentz is approachable, which was important to me. She didn’t laugh at my questions and she never made me feel like my questions and concerns were irrelevant. She told me what to expect and has communicated changes in the plan effectively and in a timely manner.... During my consultation she informed me that I would be a good candidate for IUI or IVF and she told me we would wait for my test results to make a final decision. During my ultrasound she could tell I was in pain and gave some helpful suggestions to make future vaginal ultrasounds more comfortable.
The office [Shady Grove Fertility] is warm and inviting. The receptionists are sweet and do their best to answer questions. They make you feel like you’re part of a family. They have multiple locations and everyone I’ve encountered has been pleasant. They make small talk to get to know you so you and help calm your nerves.... Kaylee explained the process and what I needed to do to get the ball rolling. When I called in with questions she was quick to get answers and schedule follow up appointments.
How was your experience with Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Take a list of questions with you during the consultation. She may answer most of your questions before you ask, but she’s always willing to further explain and address the patients concerns/inquiries.
Dr. Stentz was welcoming and spoke to me like we were friends. She gave facts and made recommendations without being rude or condescending.
I haven’t completed my cycle. During my consultation she informed me that I would be a good candidate for IUI or IVF and she told me we would wait for my test results to make a final decision. During my ultrasound she could tell I was in pain and gave some helpful suggestions to make future vaginal ultrasounds more comfortable. She explained why and how the use of dilators would help reduce my discomfort and gave a few suggestions of places to purchase them.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Kaylee)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The office is warm and inviting. The receptionists are sweet and do their best to answer questions. They make you feel like you’re part of a family. They have multiple locations and everyone I’ve encountered has been pleasant. They make small talk to get to know you so you and help calm your nerves. I’ve heard that not all of the Doctors are as receptive to including the patients opinions/desires, but all of my interactions with Shady Grove personnel have been pleasant.
2019, Consult
Dr. Stentz was extremely thorough in accessing my medical history and providing the best treatment possible. She walked me step-by-step on what the process for IUI and IVF entail...Her bedside manner was compassionate and empathetic, but she also made me feel like there was hope for my situation...I was initially overwhelmed, but she eased my anxieties and explained how we could navigate through all aspects of IVF together. She happily answered all of my questions, and she gave me the confidence that I needed understanding the path forward for expanding my family.
Shady Grove has multiple locations in my city, and they do an amazing job making themselves accessible for their clients. They answer emails timely, and they are extremely professional. I believe they put great effort in keeping their clients informed by hosting educational and financial webinars...The nurses were very friendly, professional, and warm. Considering the nature of the clinic, their bedside manner was much appreciated and instrumental in keeping me calm.
How was your experience with Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Stentz was extremely thorough in accessing my medical history and providing the best treatment possible. She walked me step-by-step on what the process for IUI and IVF entail. I left Shady Grove feeling confident about my options. Her bedside manner was compassionate and empathetic, but she also made me feel like there was hope for my situation.
The prospective patient will leave their consultation with Dr. Stentz feeling well-informed and in control of their fertility treatments. There was not a question that she didn't answer well. The prospective patient will leave feeling empowered and comfortable about proceeding with their fertility treatments.
Dr. Stentz was beyond patient and warm helping me to Shady Grove Fertility. I was initially overwhelmed, but she eased my anxieties and explained how we could navigate through all aspects of IVF together. She happily answered all of my questions, and she gave me the confidence that I needed understanding the path forward for expanding my family.
Dr. Stentz recommended IVF for my future fertility treatment. I have not proceeded with treatments as of yet.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I was quoted $15,500 for fees related to IVF.
Describe Natalie Stentz's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
During our initial consultation, Dr. Stentz and I did not have a conversation related to eSET.

2022, Consult
I went to Dr. Libby for a second opinion/consultation. Unfortunately my prior egg retrievals/embryo freezing did not lead to a normal embryo so I wanted to try a different approach with a new doctor...[she gave me] a thorough explanation of my hormone levels, my treatment plan was being throughly reviewed, and I felt more prepared mentally as to what to expect for my treatment cycle..
The costs for 2 cycle of embryo banking is around $21k and does not include and embryo PGT testing..all the staff at Shady Grove. They are very prompt on the communication, all communicate effectively together, and available through our portal system and by phone quickly...The strengths include prompt follow-up, keeping updated on the treatment plan, phone calls to explain next steps, and access to lab work
How was your experience with Valerie Libby at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I met Dr. Libby for the first time over zoom about 3 months ago and she was very thorough, realistic and helped me set expectations as to what approach to take given that I did not have any successful normal embryos retrieved at an another reproductive clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Valerie Libby at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
To be open minded and ask questions about anything you do not understand about your protocol
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Valerie Libby at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I went to Dr. Libby for a second opinion/consultation. Unfortunately my prior egg retrievals/embryo freezing did not lead to a normal embryo so I wanted to try a different approach with a new doctor. I felt for the first time I was actually getting a thorough explanation of my hormone levels, my treatment plan was being throughly reviewed, and I felt more prepared mentally as to what to expect for my treatment cycle due to Dr. Libby's guidance
Describe the protocols Valerie Libby used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
I have not started my IVF treatment but will be going through two embryo freezing cycles with the microdose Lupron flare and the rationale is that I have a diminished ovarian reserve!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Quiana)
Hi! I love all the staff at Shady Grove. They are very prompt on the communication, all communicate effectively together, and available through our portal system and by phone quickly!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Shady Grove is definitely a busy clinic and took 3 months to be able to see Dr. Libby but glad I waited. The strengths include prompt follow-up, keeping updated on the treatment plan, phone calls to explain next steps, and access to lab work
Describe the costs associated with your care under Valerie Libby at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Describe Valerie Libby's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I don't have any comments on this issue
Valerie Libby

2019 - 2022, Unsuccessful
Dr.MK [McCarthy-Keith] was honest about our actual chances of conceiving and told us at the end of the day she has to look herself in the mirror knowing she gave her patients an honest reality of what to expect going forward...willing to try different options to our treatment that I had asked about... a handful of times I felt like the Dr. confused me with a different patient.....
The biggest disappointment we had at Shady Grove was their nursing staff...Throughout our treatment I felt like I was a ball that was bounced around from nurse to nurse, I think I had about 5 different nurses. It was so confusing and frustrating...Shady Grove Fertility is strong in good doctors, however if you're a patient you will rarely see your Dr. You will be mostly communicating with the nursing staff and this is where they fall short...
We choose Dr. MK solely based on her honesty with us. After vetting 4 Dr's in the area, we felt that she was the most upfront and honest about our chances of conceiving whereas previous Dr's made us feel it was going to be easy to get pregnant, we just pay and start the process. Dr.MK was honest about our actual chances of conceiving and told us at the end of the day she has to look herself in the mirror knowing she gave her patients an honest reality of what to expect going forward. We respected this Dr so much for her honesty, and kind manor in which she told us. Dr.MK is a kind Dr whose goal is to get your pregnant, a win for you is a win for her! We met with her only a few times but when I was peeved with one of the nurses that was assigned to me and I was glad that Dr.MK personally called me to clarify the situation. There were only a select few times we were unclear of Dr. MK's communication between nurse and us (patients), that we had to go back and clarify. Dr.MK was willing to try different options to our treatment that I had asked about, however I do wish that she had recommeneded I be put to sleep for an ERA, after knowing that a sonohysterogram was far too painful for me. They allowed me to go through a month of hormones for an ERA only to have to cancel the entire procedure b/c it was far too painful and there was no option to put me asleep while on the table trying to do the ERA. (I personally felt this was an absolute waste of time, money and hormones for a whole month to have this be cancelled, when if she had recommended & planned I be put to sleep for the ERA, we could have done it. I will also add that I got a pelvic infection from the egg retrieval and was hospitalized. I don't fully attribute it to Dr.MK however I was disappointed at how dismissed I was at such a serious matter.
Dr. MK will be honest and up front with you. She may not be up-to-date with "new" IVF standards OR that Shady Grove may not be able to do them, but she is willing to help in any way.
There were only a handful of times I felt like the Dr. confused me with a different patient. I had to clarify to the Dr. that her information on me and my case wasn't correct to what she was telling me, she apologized.
My first egg retrieval was pretty straight forward, however it was cancelled due to that fact that I didn't have enough follicles and I ovulated too soon. Our second egg retrieval was successful, we used the same protocal through not using Cetrotide, we used Lupron which was much more successful. We say I'm a "slow grower" the Lupron gave my body more time to get follicles ready. Gonal F, Menopur and Lupron are the meds we used for egg retrieval. I was also given antibiotics to start the day before retrieval and to take two days after, which I did get a pelvic infection and was hospitalized. I personally think I needed to start the antibiotics sooner and take them longer to help this from having. For the embryo transfer a 7 day course of birth control was used to get my body ready, then daily patches of estrogen and the last few days before transfer we added the progesterone shots. My uterine linning was 9.5 and the staff was elated! Although ours ended in a chemical pregnancy.
The biggest disappointment we had at Shady Grove was their nursing staff. For my first egg retrieval I was assigned a nurse and she was AMAZING... she helped to calm any fears that I had and walked us through every little step and she was so compassionate. She was obviously great at her job and she got promoted. So, when we did our second egg retrieval we were assigned a new nurse and it wasn't anywhere near the quality our first nurse was. Throughout our treatment I felt like I was a ball that was bounced around from nurse to nurse, I think I had about 5 different nurses. It was so confusing and frustrating to us and at times maddening. Some got me confused with my protocol that I had to remind them what I was doing- so it's important that YOU stay on top of your protocol and don't rely on the nurses. We were extremely disappointed with the nurse that shurgged my pain off, after 7 days from the egg retrieval I called the nurse that was on call over the weekend to explain I was in pain. This nurse told me that my pain was too far out from the egg retrieval and that they wouldn't treat me, that I must call in my primary Dr. This was in the middle of the pandemic- so my primary Dr called me in more of the same antibiotics, they said it could be a UTI. However if I wasn't better within 5 days I needed to go to the ER, or call back. Exactly 5 days later I was running a 102 fever and was taken to the hospital where they discovered I had a 6cm mass in my abdomen. I was treated with more antibiotics kept over night and told to contact my fertility Dr. immediately the following day. Two days after my hospital stay, SGF scheduled me for a sonogram with Dr. Namnoum. Dr. N saw us and was concerned very upset at the staff nurse that shrugged me off. I was then treated with 3 antibiotics for two weeks, and I don't think I had ever felt so awful or sick before. For our embryo transfer we were scheduled with a nurse who was located out of state and that was very frustrating. I got the feeling that SGF was overwhelmed with patients and were using nurses out of state- like we got. I wasn't happy with our nurse, she often contradicted Dr. KM's medicine protocol for us, her bedside manner was horrible. She told me after retrieval that I wasn't pregnant before Dr.MK could review my labs. What resulted was the Dr.MK wanted to give us more time on progesterone for the embryo to grow. I never trusted that nurse and if we went back to SGF I'd never work with this nurse again.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Shady Grove Fertility is strong in good doctors, however if you're a patient you will rarely see your Dr. You will be mostly communicating with the nursing staff and this is where they fall short. Also, if your Dr. is not on call when your egg retrieval is scheduled or for your embryo transfer, you will be assigned which-ever doctor is on call. In this stressful, often confusing, lonely and sad world of trying to conceive as patients we need a nurse & staff that is reliable in answering questions and answering phones. When I would speak to the nurse to ask a question their response was mostly "I don't know, let me ask the Dr. and get back to you". This became a constant response, even when I asked "can I take ibuprofen or Tylenol for pain", the nurse herself couldn't answer and I would have to wait hours for an online email response. In our experience their nursing staff isn't well educated (IE: a pelvic infection that was shrugged off and then resulted in hospital stay), or prepaired to handle this area of medicine. They weren't trustworthy, often they confused me with another patient and would give the wrong information when it came to medicine. Simply, they were unable to offer the support an infertility patient truly needs from beginning to end of and IVF cycle. We only had one nurse who was absolutely amazing at SGF all else fell short.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Most monitor visits are in the morning hours and you are often with many other women there for the same reason. Monitor lists were easy, in and out with no problem, I always felt they were efficient in getting me in and out quickly.
1 egg retrieval plus embryo transfer and meds was about 30k.
2016 - 2020, Consult
As an African-American woman infertility is hard to talk about, most of my family and friends get pregnant at the drop of a dime. Infertility is very taboo in most Black communities. It was important to have a doctor that I could relate to not only by race but by age. Dr. M also had her children later in life which made me feel so at ease...She went through extensive testing with me and found that my numbers were usually not that far off from normal. Which gave and still gives me hope!
The clinic [at Shady Grove Fertility] was very thoughtful and concise and walked you through every step of the process from insurance to testing pricing to next visits. It was a seamless process...they were willing to step out anyway possible to make my husband feel more comfortable. It was a breath of fresh air...I started in 2016 with my initial consult and my testing with ultrasound. At that time my husband and I were not ready to commit to the process. During my initial testing the staff was amazing!In 2020, we know it will be the same as we forge forward with IVF.
I first went to Dr. McCarthy in 2016 and was not sure if I even wanted to go through with infertility treatment. She helped me with the stigma and shame of aborting two children in my younger age, only to be married and reach my 40’s and feel that I had been punished for wanting a child now. Dr. M went over all of my options and I was able to see that I wasn’t being punished, second onset infertility was just a part of life sometimes.
Be honest about your medical history and your personal needs.
As an African-American woman infertility is hard to talk about, most of my family and friends get pregnant at the drop of a dime. Infertility is very taboo in most Black communities. It was important to have a doctor that I could relate to not only by race but by age. Dr. M also had her children later in life which made me feel so at ease. She made me see brightness at the end of a very shameful tunnel that I never thought I’d pass. Dr. M made me feel at home and not too somber about my fertility woes. She went through extensive testing with me and found that my numbers were usually not that far off from normal. Which gave and still gives me hope!
In 2016 we went through initial testing and family history that would be helpful in looking at the big picture of my infertility. My husband andI just weren’t on the same page at that time about parenting. In 2020, we have bonded closer and are willing to give fertility treatments a try. Dr. M was very understanding of my husbands reservations, and did everything she could to ease the stigma of not being able to have children together.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic was very thoughtful and concise and walked you through every step of the process from insurance to testing pricing to next visits. It was a seamless process. My husband was not the most cooperative partner when it came to this subject, he believed that it was in God’s hands. The staff was very thoughtful through this process as they relayed that this was sometimes a common response of men, but they were willing to step out anyway possible to make my husband feel more comfortable. It was a breath of fresh air.
We have not gotten to this point as of yet, but from friends that love Dr. M it’s approximately $30,000 for six rounds of IVF.