Selling medication is not offered

Atlanta, GA 30309
5445 Meridian Mark Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr Perloe always responds to emails quickly. ... Dr. Perloe is very smart and a great scientist. He treated my PCOS successfully, and virtually changed my life. In working on getting pregnant with him via IUI, I trust him ... I have PCOS and am of advanced maternal age, so we tried medicated IUI with letrozole, follistim, ovidrel, and endometrin. Going forward, I'm doing IVF after 3 unsuccessful IUIs, and I'm not certain of the protocol.
It's often the case that you have to track them [Shady Grove Fertility nurses] down to get lab results, and there was a time or two that my prescriptions were not called in on time and I had to pay for them out of pocket. I tried to let these things go, as the process is already difficult and frustrating in and of itself, but these challenges are really discouraging. ... The weaknesses are the nurse coordinators, the communication systems, and a lack of ways to look up test results in an online platform. You often have to follow up more than once to get a response, and you really need to take responsibility for your own care and push for blood tests when you think they are necessary.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Perloe is very smart and a great scientist. He treated my PCOS successfully, and virtually changed my life. In working on getting pregnant with him via IUI, I trust him, but I had some concerns about getting information and the office staff., However, overall, I think very highly of dr. Perloe and have chosen to continue seeing him even after several unsuccessful IUIs. He always responds quickly to my emails, although I try not to email him for every single thing.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Be prepared with a list of questions, and email him directly if you have an important question. Be prepared to chase down his office staff for results and information.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr Perloe always responds to emails quickly. However, he and the office staff often seem "uninformed" about my case and history. I know they see lots of patience, but I would prefer that they be prepared and well-versed on my case prior to an appointment.
Describe the protocols Mark Perloe used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda during IUI and Jacqueline during IVF.)
Have unfortunately had trouble getting responses and help from the nursing and clinical staff. Starting with Kaylee, who was very unclear and apparently forgot to do some of the testing required before I started my IUI Cycles. Yolanda was also difficult to get in touch with during each IUI cycle, and a couple of times she neglected to call in medication early enough, which led to me paying out of pocket rather than getting insurance coverage. Jacqueline has been better about follow-ups via email, but I often need to urge her to ask dr. Perloe about my specific question to get an answer. There have been a couple of emails I have sent with questions that I had to follow up a second time with her to get a response. I try not to be difficult or too demanding, but as someone who is investing a lot of money in IVF, there are a lot of emotions and nerves attached, and having timely answers to my questions, and compassionate reassurance would be really helpful. I don't think it's too much to expect. I respect my nurses and their time, but also hope that they do the same for me and go to any extent possible to help me achieve a successful pregnancy. I've heard of other women having outstanding and wonderful experiences with their nurses and Care team at other practices, and it sometimes makes me feel sad, because I feel like I'm just a number.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The doctors are the strengths. The weaknesses are the nurse coordinators, the communication systems, and a lack of ways to look up test results in an online platform. You often have to follow up more than once to get a response, and you really need to take responsibility for your own care and push for blood tests when you think they are necessary.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I mentioned many of these in my review of the nurses. It's often the case that you have to track them down to get lab results, and there was a time or two that my prescriptions were not called in on time and I had to pay for them out of pocket. I tried to let these things go, as the process is already difficult and frustrating in and of itself, but these challenges are really discouraging.
Mark Perloe
Buckhead/Piedmont
Dr. Namnoum is kind and has good "bed side manner". She was not as thorough as she could have been in my PCOS diagnosis. She seems a little distant and I would prefer a doctor with more warmth. IVF seems to be the default treatment for most fertility clinics and GRS (Shady Grove) is no different. Maybe the truth is that the doctors don't really know how to fix PCOS.
At first my nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] was very cold. She acted irritated about the questions I had and tried to get off the phone with me quickly. It was difficult to get her on the phone.... Strengths: Nice waiting area and offices, receptionists are friendly. Weaknesses: Must pay for parking, there seems to be poor communication among the staff. I had to tell the lab technicians what tests were needed, the ultrasound technician what the plan was, etc.
How was your experience with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
You have be be your own advocate and also educate yourself. Much of the responsibility is on the patient to be well read on their condition and treatment. It is very difficult to get ahold of the doctor. There is no patient portal or email. The office rarely picks up the phone and you must leave a voicemail. Be prepared for some bad games of phone tag.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
She didn't seem to care to know about my BBT or CM. Most importantly she didn't help me to treat PCOS. It felt like I was on a fast track to the IVF money making machine.
Describe the protocols Anne Brawner Namnoum used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
With my diagnosis of PCOS, she suggested taking Letrozole, a trigger shot, IUI, then progesterone suppositories. It did not result in pregnancy. I immediate started another IUI cycle until they found a polyp and we cancelled the IUI and just did a medicated cycle instead.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
At first my nurse was very cold. She acted irritated about the questions I had and tried to get off the phone with me quickly. It was difficult to get her on the phone.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Billing was very confusing. I was told that a surgery to remove a polyp was one and amount and got a much bigger bill. IUI cost around $450 and the meds add another $350 to that.
Describe Anne Brawner Namnoum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I needed to have more thorough labs done in order to know how to treat my PCOS. I have a bit of a unique situation. Also, when attempting to start the IUI cycle, I left several voicemails requesting that my meds get called in to the pharmacy. It was cycle day 4 or 5 and no one had called me back and I was about to miss my window to start Letrozole and have baseline ultrasounds done.
Treated 2016 - 2017
During my IUI cycle, I was told at 3:30pm that I needed to take my trigger shot that evening [by Shady Grove-Atlanta]. This was my first medicated IUI and didn't have much knowledge about the procedure. The medical assistant proceeded to ask me if I had the trigger shot. I didn't because they hadn't called in the prescription and I had no idea it would be difficult to get quickly. The specialty pharmacy that carried the medication was geographically very inconvenient for me to get to and I wasn't able to leave work early at such late notice. My husband had to cancel his plans, and drive across town in order to pick up the medication so I could take it on time. This should never have happened. This clinic understands how stressful these things can be and their inability to anticipate this potential issue was inexcusable in my book. After this IUI, I changed to a different practice and never looked back.
Dr. Namnoum was compassionate and knowledgeable. However, she does not have strong recommendations for courses of treatment. She provided education and allowed me to make the call about what to do next. I would have prefered more direction from our doctor.
Bring all questions to your appointments. It is difficult to get in touch with her otherwise.
The office staff that I encountered at the remote office at Piedmont Hospital were always very friendly. The staff at the main location near Northside Hospital were not very friendly or compassionate. There were some miscommunications regarding the reason for one of my visits to the main location and I was made to feel like it was my fault.
All of my and my husband's tests came back normal, so we were diagnosed with unexplained infertility. I started seeing Dr. Namnoum after doing 3 cycles of clomid under my primary OB/Gyn practice. We did 2 more cycles with letrozole with Dr. Namnoum. Under my own motivation, I started acupuncture and did the Whole30 diet. Dr. Namnoum was supportive of these lifestyle changes and my desire to see what happened during an unmedicated cycle. This cycle resulted in a pregnancy. Unfortunately I had a miscarriage at 9 weeks. When we were ready to start treatment again, she suggested a medicated IUI. I took Letrozole and a trigger shot prior to the procedure. This cycle resulted in a negative pregnancy test.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The nurses were competent, but did not communicate well. There is no way to get in touch with the practice after hours or on weekends. Even when you call during normal business hours, you ALWAYS have to leave a voicemail and wait for a returned call. The phone doesn't even ring, it just goes to voicemail.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Some of the staff are very friendly. The financial support person, Candice was great. This clinic's biggest weakness is communication. There is no way to get in touch with someone after hours or on the weekends. Even when you call during normal business hours you always have to leave a voicemail and wait for a call back. The phone doesn't even ring, it just goes to voicemail.
I have infertility coverage through my insurance, so most of these visits were covered.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
During my IUI cycle, I was told at 3:30pm that I needed to take my trigger shot that evening. This was my first medicated IUI and didn't have much knowledge about the procedure. The medical assistant proceeded to ask me if I had the trigger shot. I didn't because they hadn't called in the prescription and I had no idea it would be difficult to get quickly. The specialty pharmacy that carried the medication was geographically very inconvenient for me to get to and I wasn't able to leave work early at such late notice. My husband had to cancel his plans, and drive across town in order to pick up the medication so I could take it on time. This should never have happened. This clinic understands how stressful these things can be and their inability to anticipate this potential issue was inexcusable in my book. After this IUI, I changed to a different practice and never looked back.
Treated 2010 - 2017
When we first started, it was great. I thought we would get pregnant. She [Dr. McCarthy-Keith] already had an action plan. With IUIs, the protocol didn't change, meaning the outcome (negative pregnancy test) didn't change either. We decided to move to donated embryos. After the first transfer (chemical), we were devastated but had some joy because we did get a positive pregnancy test. For the second transfer, a different doctor did the procedure. That transfer was a negative pregnancy test. We didn't know what the next step would be and were told that Dr. McCarthy-Keith would follow-up with us with a phone call. We never heard back from anyone at the clinic.
Be prepared to wait! They [SGF-Atlanta] have two waiting rooms and sometimes it feels as though you are waiting in the main one just to wait again before you can be seen. The clinic is very busy. At times I felt rushed as there is always someone else right after you to see the doctor or nurse.... I talked more with the nursing staff than my doctor. If I can a question, they always answered it as soon as they could.
How was your experience with Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
When we first started, it was great. I thought we would get pregnant. She already had an action plan. With IUIs, the protocol didn't change, meaning the outcome (negative pregnancy test) didn't change either. We decided to move to donated embryos. After the first transfer (chemical), we were devastated but had some joy because we did get a positive pregnancy test. For the second transfer, a different doctor did the procedure. That transfer was a negative pregnancy test. We didn't know what the next step would be and were told that Dr. McCarthy-Keith would follow-up with us with a phone call. We never heard back from anyone at the clinic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Stay on top of the communication!!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
My protocol never changed. I was always given the same meds at the same time during all my cycles. It was always "I don't know what happened" after a negative test, but no additional tests were conducted to try to find out more information about what was happening with my body or if the protocol needed to be changed. There were plenty of times that the nurse would say that the doctor would call to follow-up and then she never did.
Describe the protocols Desiree McCarthy-Keith used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
I don't remember much of anything with regard to the protocols and meds used, except that they were all the same for IUI. Nothing changed until we decided to go with IVF and embryo adoption.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Be prepared to wait! They have two waiting rooms and sometimes it feels as though you are waiting in the main one just to wait again before you can be seen. The clinic is very busy. At times I felt rushed as there is always someone else right after you to see the doctor or nurse.
Desiree McCarthy-Keith
Sandy Springs
Dr. Namnoum is thorough and detailed. She is easy to talk to and explains procedures/options well. I feel like she really cares and I am not just another number There are times when I feel a bit rushed when seeing her but I have learned not to let her leave the room until I have all my questions/concerns answered...It took more than a few appointments to feel like a human but I think this was just part of the process.
I had an appointment scheduled with the Doctor [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] and then ended up only seeing the nurse. There was some miscommunication on my IUI protocol (I did not receive a written out protocol, instead I was only verbally notified by the IUI RN)...Clinic is going through some growing pains and it is very noticeable. At times it can seem a bit disorganized (recently transitioned from paper to electronic). The clinic is small and waiting room can be awkward at times. The Doctor is what keeps me from switching clinics.
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
IUI (Letrozole, Ovidrel) IUI (Letrozole, Gonal F, Ovidrel)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
IUI Nurse - not very organized. Responded with short answers, almost as if my questions were an inconvenience. Nursing Staff - helpful and friendly
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
$40 copay for each visit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I had an appointment scheduled with the Doctor and then ended up only seeing the nurse. There was some miscommunication on my IUI protocol (I did not receive a written out protocol, instead I was only verbally notified by the IUI RN)
Treated 2018 - 2019
The Dr is okay, I feel left out on my fertility plan. Emotionally not there for me as much as I would like. Always hard to contact and always have to wait away before I can get a call back. It has been really inconvenient for us in the past. ... Was never followed up with. Always wondered what our next steps were going to be. Emotionally wasn't there for us
Seems like they [Shady Grove] are low on staff. I am always waiting to be contacted. Emotionally not with the patients. Costs are cheap which is a good thing, don't raise them now. It is fast when you are scheduled and in the office. ... Failed to call in drug to pharmacy, I had to call multiple times into the office so she could get them sent out.
Be patient with the whole process.
I don't recall
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Tracey)
Terrible customer service. I would sit for 8 hours before I could get a call back
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Seems like they are low on staff. I am always waiting to be contacted. Emotionally not with the patients. Costs are cheap which is a good thing, don't raise them now. It is fast when you are scheduled and in the office.
I don't remember