Selling medication is not offered

5445 Meridian Mark Road
Atlanta, GA 30342

Treated 2020
Success w/ Doc 21 Eggs Frozen
She [Dr. Natalie Stentz] was and is an amazing doctor. I am a transman and going through this process was so difficult for me...made me feel so comfortable. She ensured that her staff continually acknowledged me as sir, and he and they were so friendly and comforting during this process. She got me 26 eggs preserved and frozen...allowing me to finish my transition successfully. She changed my life! I've never been so excited to do something like this!
The nursing staff was just as amazing as Dr. Stenz was. Kenzie called me just about every other day to check on my process and any answer I had she answered it quickly and she was so helpful. Again, as a transgender man, this was so difficult for me to do, but Kenzie and Dr. Stenz showed me differently and believed in me and helped me get through. Because of them, I have 26 eggs waiting for me and wife as we begin this journey of having children.
How was your experience with Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Stenz from Shady Grove Fertility was so amazing that i captured my whole journey and recommended this very clinic on youtube. She made my dreams come true as a transman and that's to still have children that are related to me as my wife carries them, allowing me to finish my transition successfully. She changed my life! I've never been so excited to do something like this!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Just be patient and trust the process and definitely Trust her she has your back and she wants nothing but the best for you!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
She was and is an amazing doctor. I am a transman and going through this process was so difficult for me. But Dr. Stenz from Shady Grove Fertility Clinic made me feel so comfortable. She ensured that her staff continually acknowledged me as sir, and he and they were so friendly and comforting during this process. She got me 26 eggs preserved and frozen, Thank you so much DR. Stenz!
Describe the protocols Natalie Stentz used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
We went two weeks of me taking medication that helps your ovaries to stimulate so that the eggs can be frozen. For those two weeks, I had to come in a couple of times so they could do the ultrasounds and just monitor my process. After the 10th day of the meds, I had an in house small procedure to extract the 41 eggs that were produced. This process literally took me 3 months from start to finish.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Kenzie Dill)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The staff is so friendly The clinic is clean They care about there patients They get things done in a timely manner, you won't be standing around waiting on anyone. They really invest there time and patience on their clients I honestly have no weakness! Fertility Clinics need to get like them
Describe the costs associated with your care under Natalie Stentz at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
none all covered by insurance and the billing did a good job with that I didn't have one bill sent to me
Natalie Stentz

Treated 2019 - 2020
I got a thorough explanation of my diagnostic and lab results after my follow up consultation [with Dr. Mark Perloe]. I really appreciated the fact that the recommended plan was presented and explained in three tiers. Although I understand in general what the protocol will be for me recommended treatment, I do wish that I could have gotten it in a nice neat report or a table. I’m a visual person and like being able to go back and look at important details such as that...He is very knowledgeable and happy to answer whatever questions you may have. Prepare for appointments by jotting down your questions ahead of time so you don’t forget them.
[The nurses at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta are] Very nice and quick to respond. Usually same day if it’s before 2 or 3pm...One IVF cycle is $11K. A shared risk program for up to 6 cycles is $18-28K depending on age...Other than having to pay for parking due to its location, the clinic is nice, spacious, and clean. The patient portal is a nice touch and you’re able to communicate with everyone there via the Messages feature. The lab results aren’t always available there though, even there’s a page for Lab Results...I only had diagnostics completed and 2 consultations so far.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I got a thorough explanation of my diagnostic and lab results after my follow up consultation. I really appreciated the fact that the recommended plan was presented and explained in three tiers. Although I understand in general what the protocol will be for me recommended treatment, I do wish that I could have gotten it in a nice neat report or a table. I’m a visual person and like being able to go back and look at important details such as that.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
He was very personable with my husband and I. He also shared about himself and his family which was relatable.
Describe the protocols Mark Perloe used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
I only had diagnostics completed and 2 consultations so far.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Very nice and quick to respond. Usually same day if it’s before 2 or 3pm.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Perloe was always warm and inviting, never leaving you in the dark about what will or not happen. You could tell him and his staff were very invested in helping me in conceiving a child.... Based on my test results he would adjust my medicine I was taking. He suggested things that would increase my chances like this drink mixture Ovistol which I think helped.... Due to my many fibroids, Perloe thought it would be too risky for me to transfer more than 1 embryo. I trusted his decision because my goal was to bring a healthy child and mommy home. For every decision he gave a valid reason(s).
The nurses [Shady Grove Atlanta] wanted nothing but to make the process as comfortable and easy as possible. They would make themselves available for questions, comfort you on your bad days, help you find inexpensive medicine, and give advice. They greeted you with a warm smile... One of the nurses comforted me during one of my many crying breakdowns. She would not leave me until I felt better. She gave me kind words and encouragement to keeping pushing forwards because great things were waiting.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
From the beginning, Perloe explained all the possible risks, setbacks, and possibilities. We were never set up for a disappoint. We knew what to expect. He treated us like he wanted the child just as bad as we did. He was open to answering all questions or concerns.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions or express concerns if you feel confused or worried. Trust the process.
One of the nurses comforted me during one of my many crying breakdowns. She would not leave me until I felt better. She gave me kind words and encouragement to keeping pushing forwards because great things were waiting. Another nurse made herself readily available if I needed help, had any questions or concerns, or needed help finding medicine quick and easy. Dr. Perloe was always warm and inviting, never leaving you in the dark about what will or not happen. You could tell him and his staff were very invested in helping me in conceiving a child. Also, the ladies that took blood sample were always upbeat and funny, they were very encouraging.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda)
The nurses wanted nothing but to make the process as comfortable and easy as possible. They would make themselves available for questions, comfort you on your bad days, help you find inexpensive medicine, and give advice. They greeted you with a warm smile
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Strength- fertility plan is tailored to your body and needs. Great customer service. Weakness- One of the ladies in front talks to loudly when discusses your info. Please ask questions and express concerns.
Based on your body and needs.
Describe Mark Perloe's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Treated 2014 - 2019
I have mild endometriosis that had been removed via laparoscopy a month prior to meeting Dr. Best. Dr. Best dicovered Diminished Ovarian Reserve when I was 28 years old. My husband had two varicoceles that were later repaired. IVF was recommended given our situation and the fact that we knew we would like to have more than on child. Financially we were prelared to try IUI twice and then move on to IVF. 2014: IUI #1: Femara 2.5mg, Ovidrel, IUI, Endometrin- Not successful IUI #2: Femara 5mg, Bravelle, IUI, Endometrin- Successful singleton birth 2019: IUI #3 Femara 5mg (no response), Femara 7.5mg, Gonal-F, Estrace (thinned lining), Ovidrel, IUI, Prometrium- currently waiting for results.
The Shady Grove offices are beautiful. I opted to be monitored at a couple of separate offices to better fit my personal needs. I loved that physicians are providing monitoring ultrasounds so that questions can be asked during the appointment while also making sure that only your primary physician makes any changes to your treatment protocol. I could count on Chrissi to relay all the needed information from Dr. Best as soon as my labs came back after each appointment. All other support staff was so nice, and so helpful from my first phone call to Shady Grove. The whole process has felt efficient without feeling like there has been any cutting of corners with regard to my medical care. I can’t say enough good things about my experience.
How was your experience with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Just from meeting Dr. Best, you can tell not only that her bedside manner is wonderful, but also that she is extremely knowledgeable in her field. We were successful in our second round of IUI, and 4 years later we just had another IUI in hopes of conceiving a second child. We appreciated that even though IVF was the recommended medical treatment for our particular situation, Dr. Best respected and supported our wishes to stick with a treatment plan we felt more financially comfortable with.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Don’t be afraid to share your questions or concerns. She will take the time to explain things thoroughly to you to make sure you feel knowledgeable and comfortable with your treatment plan.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Having gone through IVF herself, Dr. Best understands physically and emotionally what we are going through. She takes the time to answer questions, calm concerns, and just shows general care for our well-being. I love that she gives honest and direct medical advice, yet remains really positive and supportive of your wishes.
Describe the protocols Monica Best used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Chrissi)
Chrissi and Dr. Best make a wonderful team. They communicate effectively together and ensure that all questions and concerns are addressed quickly. Mist of the time, Chrissi anticipated questions and provided the needed information before I could even ask. She is also extremely compassionate and easy to talk to.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
My most recent IUI cycle was about $2000 including consult, sonohistogram, all medications (including injectables), multiple monitoring appointments, and IUI.
Describe Monica Best's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Treated 2018 - 2019
After reviewing our massive file and meeting with us, we asked [Dr. Namnoum] if there was any hope. She said I see no reason that you cannot have a success pregnancy. Then she went to work for us...was very kind, compassionate and supportive. She is the most hands-on and thorough doctor we encountered. She personally attended almost every ultrasound (and there were countless) and personally called us with test results. She was very encouraging when we encountered mid-cycle delays. It took us 3 IVF attempts with donor eggs before Dr. Namnoum helped us realize our dreams of parenthood. I am now 19 weeks pregnant.
We selected Shady Grove Fertility because it was the only local clinic that offered a guarantee (shared risk) program...guarantee program - $30,500 for live birth or money back...Dr. Namnoum was very kind, compassionate and supportive. She is the most hands-on and thorough doctor we encountered. She personally attended almost every ultrasound (and there were countless) and personally called us with test results. She was very encouraging when we encountered mid-cycle delays. It took us 3 IVF attempts with donor eggs before Dr. Namnoum helped us realize our dreams of parenthood. I am now 19 weeks pregnant. When we graduated to our OB, it was obvious she was genuinely happy for us. You are not just a statistic with her. She legitimately cares about her patients and she gets results. If you are battling infertility and want the best care – look no further. Thank you Dr. Namnoum!
How was your experience with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
We went to three different fertility clinics over a period of seven years to get our miracle. One doctor told us that I am one of the 5% of women who cannot conceive for whatever reason, nobody knows why. He told us to forget about adopting because they don’t want older people to adopt. After the heartbreak and tears because we thought we were done, we found Shady Grove Fertility and more importantly, we found Dr. Namnoum. After reviewing our massive file and meeting with us, we asked her if there was any hope. She said I see no reason that you cannot have a success pregnancy. Then she went to work for us. We selected Shady Grove Fertility because it was the only local clinic that offered a guarantee (shared risk) program. That was the best decision we could have made. Dr. Namnoum was very kind, compassionate and supportive. She is the most hands-on and thorough doctor we encountered. She personally attended almost every ultrasound (and there were countless) and personally called us with test results. She was very encouraging when we encountered mid-cycle delays. It took us 3 IVF attempts with donor eggs before Dr. Namnoum helped us realize our dreams of parenthood. I am now 19 weeks pregnant. When we graduated to our OB, it was obvious she was genuinely happy for us. You are not just a statistic with her. She legitimately cares about her patients and she gets results. If you are battling infertility and want the best care – look no further. Thank you Dr. Namnoum!
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
She is the best. You are lucky to have her as your doctor.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
we did shared risk - guarantee program - $30,500 for live birth or money back.
Treated 2016 - 2019
We chose 3 embryos for PGS and they came back normal. When it is time for FET [Dr. McCarthy-Keith] starts with birth control that overlaps with lupron (and at sometime before lupron around day 5 of cycle she will do an endometrial scratch). She then adds estrogen slowly and when your lining is good you start progesterone...Because of my age, she did eSET...has never once came into my treatment room without a hug or kind and compassionate words. She never stopped praying for me!
I have been with this clinic since they were called Georgia Reproductive Specialists (now called Shady Grove- Atlanta). At first it was difficult to contact anyone via phone and email was always easier. However, since they made the change they have always had the phone answered and I could still reach someone by email if I chose that method of contact. They have always been attentive to their patients and they always return calls. I will always refer to this clinic either for myself or for other looking for fertility help.
How was your experience with Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
OMG! Dr. MK there aren't any words to fully describe the love I have for this woman. From the never ending prayers to rotting me on each transfer/ cycle. She NEVER gave up on me and wouldn't let me give up on myself. She is the definition of compassion and care. I don't know if she has any weaknesses because she is my superhero! If anyone needed IVF of fertility services, you can best believe I will refer her.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Trust in God, but also TRUST IN HER. She is very knowledgable and she isn't a quitter. If something doesn't work she will continue to try until it's right!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. MK has never once came into my treatment room without a hug or kind and compassionate words. She never stopped praying for me!
Describe the protocols Desiree McCarthy-Keith used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
Dr. MK starts with menopur and gonal f. Once your follicles are ready she will add an HCG shot of 10,000 units. 36 horus later she is retrieving your eggs while your husband is giving his sperm sample. When the eggs are checked for maturity she then chose ICSI to fertilize the 10 eggs we had. We chose 3 embryos for PGS and they came back normal. When it is time for FET Dr. MK starts with birth control that overlaps with lupron (and at sometime before lupron around day 5 of cycle she will do an endometrial scratch). She then adds estrogen slowly and when your lining is good you start progesterone. 5 days later you will transfer and take a pregnancy test with in 10 days. She has since changed my protocol to no lupron.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Lisa Hyatt)
I had more than one nurse on my team- Lisa H was my main nurse; however, Devon M and Rita C were also part of my team. These nurses were beyond compassionate and caring. They continuously rooted for me and made sure I didn't give up on myself. They counseled me and helped my doctor facilitate new protocols. There aren't enough words to describe my love for them and I will always support them in anything they may ever need.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Monitoring appts were on time, quick and easy. The provider monitoring at the time was always very informative.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Desiree McCarthy-Keith at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
My cost was a whopping $14,000!!! It included 1 IVF cycle and covered all FET cycles/ transfers as long as I didn't have a continuing clinical pregnancy or a failed transfer. This did not include medications I had to buy for stimulation, down reg and transfers
Describe Desiree McCarthy-Keith's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Because of my age, she did eSET which I had no issues about
Treated 2018 - 2019
Dr. Best was the perfect blend of informative and nurturing. She never made us feel rushed and always gave explanations for every decision. She more than just a doctor, she was a big part of our support system...made me feel like a had a say in my treatment plan. She counseled me on options but was candid about what she thought the best choice was in her medical opinion. She also kept me up to date with next steps.
I did not have a ton of experience with the clinic [Shady Grove Atlanta] itself as most of my correspondence was via phone. They seem fine overall and I did not have any strong positive or negative experiences. The reception staff was courteous...Chrissi [nurse] was prompt in responding to voicemails and extremely knowledgeable about my protocol. To prepare me for my upcoming first IVF, she gave me a detailed description of what to expect each day. She never rushed me and always answered all of my questions.
How was your experience with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Best made me feel like a had a say in my treatment plan. She counseled me on options but was candid about what she thought the best choice was in her medical opinion. She also kept me up to date with next steps.
Infertility is a rough road no matter what, but Dr. Best does what she can to make the process smoother.
I had already done countless rounds of Letrozole, but Dr. Best added monitoring and a trigger shot to better pinpoint ovulation. When one cycle of that didn't work, she added an injection of Gonal-f as well, which is the cycle I got pregnant. She did not want to do a full injections cycle due to my PCOS, and since I got pregnant she was clearly right!
Chrissi was prompt in responding to voicemails and extremely knowledgeable about my protocol. To prepare me for my upcoming first IVF, she gave me a detailed description of what to expect each day. She never rushed me and always answered all of my questions.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I did not have a ton of experience with the clinic itself as most of my correspondence was via phone. They seem fine overall and I did not have any strong positive or negative experiences. The reception staff was courteous.
I had no insurance coverage for infertility, so Dr. Best and her team did what they could to minimize costs. I paid out of pocket for everything, including diagnostic tests and medications. Shady Grove did transfer discounts to their preferred pharmacy, which was a huge help. Dr. Best was also selective about which diagnostic tests she repeated to reduce costs.
We were planning to move on to IVF the next cycle if we did not have success. She let me know that because I was planning on doing pgs testing on the embryos it was in my best interest to only transfer one.
Treated 2018 - 2019
You never feel like a patient when with Dr Namnoum; she never rushes your meetings, is always on time, and answers all of your questions and concerns....First round of IVF with a fresh embryo transfer, Dr Namnoum encouraged us to get the embryo's PGS tested but we decided against it. The first transfer failed and we had 3 embryos left. Since my insurance only pays for 3 cycles/transfers, Dr Namnoum recommended doing another IVF cycle
The staff [Shady Grove Fertility] gets to know you personally, and everyone becomes invested in your success....The clinic has only 5 minute wait times and the staff gets to know you personally. They treat you like a friend and become personally invested in your success. Everyone is so kind, professional, and understanding to your situation.... You never feel like a patient when with Dr Namnoum; she never rushes your meetings, is always on time
Dr Namnoum and Shady Grove Fertility have helped make my husband and my dream of a family a reality. For a little while, I never thought I would be saying those words… but Dr Namnoum truly believed in our ability to have a baby, and she stayed hopeful when we had given up all hope. You never feel like a patient when with Dr Namnoum; she never rushes your meetings, is always on time, and answers all of your questions and concerns.
Be completely honest. Do not hold back. Ask her any crazy question or concern that comes to your mind.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anne Brawner Namnoum at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
You never feel like a patient when with Dr Namnoum; she never rushes your meetings, is always on time, and answers all of your questions and concerns. The staff gets to know you personally, and everyone becomes invested in your success.
Describe the protocols Anne Brawner Namnoum used in your cycles at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta and their degree of success.
First round of IVF with a fresh embryo transfer, Dr Namnoum encouraged us to get the embryo's PGS tested but we decided against it. The first transfer failed and we had 3 embryos left. Since my insurance only pays for 3 cycles/transfers, Dr Namnoum recommended doing another IVF cycle, getting them tested, and doing a FET. We went through with it and finally are pregnant!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Dawn)
Treated 2018 - 2019
The Dr is okay, I feel left out on my fertility plan. Emotionally not there for me as much as I would like. Always hard to contact and always have to wait away before I can get a call back. It has been really inconvenient for us in the past. ... Was never followed up with. Always wondered what our next steps were going to be. Emotionally wasn't there for us
Seems like they [Shady Grove] are low on staff. I am always waiting to be contacted. Emotionally not with the patients. Costs are cheap which is a good thing, don't raise them now. It is fast when you are scheduled and in the office. ... Failed to call in drug to pharmacy, I had to call multiple times into the office so she could get them sent out.
Be patient with the whole process.
I don't recall
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Tracey)
Terrible customer service. I would sit for 8 hours before I could get a call back
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Seems like they are low on staff. I am always waiting to be contacted. Emotionally not with the patients. Costs are cheap which is a good thing, don't raise them now. It is fast when you are scheduled and in the office.
I don't remember
Describe Anne Brawner Namnoum's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Treated 2016 - 2019
She [Dr. Desiree McCarthy-Keith] present the information and gave me the real deal on what to expect...I had a great experience with Dr. Keith she had a great bedside manner and explained it to me in lamens terminology . Although I didn’t achieve getting pregnant she was still a great doctor. She will continue to be my doctor should I be able to afford treatment again. I hope that she will let me try IVI with her vast knowledge I’m sure it is achievable.
The nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility] was like a second doctor to me. She explain information and procedures in terms that I understood and used great bedside manner...I had a great experience with Dr. Keith she had a great bedside manner and explained it to me in lamens terminology . Although I didn’t achieve getting pregnant she was still a great doctor. She will continue to be my doctor should I be able to afford treatment again. I hope that she will let me try IVI with her vast knowledge I’m sure it is achievable.
To listen to all of the details and information given.
She present the information and gave me the real deal on what to expect
For the procedure I had to do timed I course. I had to do gonal f shots I can’t remember the dosage. About 48 hours before the I came back to see if the gonal f was working then told to do the trigger shot. After the IUi it was suggested to have sex again the next day
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The nurse was like a second doctor to me. She explain information and procedures in terms that I understood and used great bedside manner
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
One weakness would be that they do not have enough success stories posted on the all’s and positive affirmations . This will remind patients that remaining positive is also a big part of treatment. Also a new patient should also do research on everything the office explains to them about the test and treatments
Around 1209 in total
Not applicable
Treated 2018 - 2019
After going through a hysteroscopy and polypectomy [with Dr. Monica Best], I was pregnant on my very next medicated cycle...was very personable, kind, and always did her best to lift our spirits. She remembered us, always remembered what we were dealing with in every situation...she listened to my concerns and was willing to try some things I suggested before we went straight to iui or ivf. She did recommend those as treatment since our infertility was initially “unexplained”. But, we weren’t ready for those more invasive treatments. Dr. Best helped us come up with a plan, and we actually found that one of our biggest problems was that I had polyps in my uterus that weren’t obvious in my previous testing.
After going through a hysteroscopy and polypectomy [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta], I was pregnant on my very next medicated cycle...Dr. Best was very personable, kind, and always did her best to lift our spirits. She remembered us, always remembered what we were dealing with in every situation... she listened to my concerns and was willing to try some things I suggested before we went straight to iui or ivf. She did recommend those as treatment since our infertility was initially “unexplained”. But, we weren’t ready for those more invasive treatments. Dr. Best helped us come up with a plan, and we actually found that one of our biggest problems was that I had polyps in my uterus that weren’t obvious in my previous testing.
How was your experience with Monica Best at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
I loved working either Dr. Best because she listened to my concerns and was willing to try some things I suggested before we went straight to iui or ivf. She did recommend those as treatment since our infertility was initially “unexplained”. But, we weren’t ready for those more invasive treatments. Dr. Best helped us come up with a plan, and we actually found that one of our biggest problems was that I had polyps in my uterus that weren’t obvious in my previous testing.
Do advocate for yourself, but trust that Dr. Best will do everything she can to help you reach your goals.
After going through a hysteroscopy and polypectomy, I was pregnant on my very next medicated cycle.
Monica Best
Dr. McCarthy-Keith is super knowledgeable, thorough, and kind! When she called with my pregnancy test results I could hear the pure joy in her voice. She really cares about her patients and that is so crucial when you work in such a sensitive field...I have Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome so I do not ovulate on a regular basis. So we decided to do a medicated IUI to be able to better time my insemination. If I remember correctly, I took 2.5mg of letrazole for 7 days starting on the third day of my cycle. On cycle day 11/12 I believe (I don't quite remember) I went in for an ultrasound and had 1 follicle measuring at 24mm. That same evening as my ultrasound at 10pm I took a trigger shot of Ovidrel to force ovulation. My IUI was 36 hours later. 11 days past insemination I had my first positive pregnancy test. I was blessed enough to conceive on my first attempt!
The clinic [Shady Grove Fertility Altlanta] is beautiful, well designed, and clean. You never have a long wait. Refreshments are available in the waiting room. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone ready to start a family...I will definitely be returning to Shady Grove Fertility when I am ready to conceive my second child...staff will make you feel comfortable and guide you through the process...They returned phone calls and emails promptly to address any of my concerns.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith is super knowledgeable, thorough, and kind! When she called with my pregnancy test results I could hear the pure joy in her voice. She really cares about her patients and that is so crucial when you work in such a sensitive field. I will definitely be returning to Shady Grove Fertility when I am ready to conceive my second child.
First, come prepared with all of your questions written down. She will be able to answer them. Second, just breath I know this can be a stressful journey but try to relax. Dr. MK and her staff will make you feel comfortable and guide you through the process.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith is so kind and personable. She is attentive when you're speaking and is genuinely invested in you starting the family you desire.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Lisa )
The staff is professional and helpful. They returned phone calls and emails promptly to address any of my concerns.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is beautiful, well designed, and clean. You never have a long wait. Refreshments are available in the waiting room. I would definitely recommend this facility to anyone ready to start a family.
I had a $50 copay for each visit including my IUI. My donor sperm which i got from California Cryobank cost about $2000 for 2 vials that is including shipping. My genetic testing was partially covered by insurance but still left me with a responsibility of about $900 in total I probably spent about $3500
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
There was just a simple miscommunication between the nursing staff and the front desk. It was quickly resolved once the mistake was caught.
Treated 2015 - 2018
Dr Perloe always responds to emails quickly. ... Dr. Perloe is very smart and a great scientist. He treated my PCOS successfully, and virtually changed my life. In working on getting pregnant with him via IUI, I trust him ... I have PCOS and am of advanced maternal age, so we tried medicated IUI with letrozole, follistim, ovidrel, and endometrin. Going forward, I'm doing IVF after 3 unsuccessful IUIs, and I'm not certain of the protocol.
It's often the case that you have to track them [Shady Grove Fertility nurses] down to get lab results, and there was a time or two that my prescriptions were not called in on time and I had to pay for them out of pocket. I tried to let these things go, as the process is already difficult and frustrating in and of itself, but these challenges are really discouraging. ... The weaknesses are the nurse coordinators, the communication systems, and a lack of ways to look up test results in an online platform. You often have to follow up more than once to get a response, and you really need to take responsibility for your own care and push for blood tests when you think they are necessary.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Perloe is very smart and a great scientist. He treated my PCOS successfully, and virtually changed my life. In working on getting pregnant with him via IUI, I trust him, but I had some concerns about getting information and the office staff., However, overall, I think very highly of dr. Perloe and have chosen to continue seeing him even after several unsuccessful IUIs. He always responds quickly to my emails, although I try not to email him for every single thing.
Be prepared with a list of questions, and email him directly if you have an important question. Be prepared to chase down his office staff for results and information.
Dr Perloe always responds to emails quickly. However, he and the office staff often seem "uninformed" about my case and history. I know they see lots of patience, but I would prefer that they be prepared and well-versed on my case prior to an appointment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Yolanda during IUI and Jacqueline during IVF.)
Have unfortunately had trouble getting responses and help from the nursing and clinical staff. Starting with Kaylee, who was very unclear and apparently forgot to do some of the testing required before I started my IUI Cycles. Yolanda was also difficult to get in touch with during each IUI cycle, and a couple of times she neglected to call in medication early enough, which led to me paying out of pocket rather than getting insurance coverage. Jacqueline has been better about follow-ups via email, but I often need to urge her to ask dr. Perloe about my specific question to get an answer. There have been a couple of emails I have sent with questions that I had to follow up a second time with her to get a response. I try not to be difficult or too demanding, but as someone who is investing a lot of money in IVF, there are a lot of emotions and nerves attached, and having timely answers to my questions, and compassionate reassurance would be really helpful. I don't think it's too much to expect. I respect my nurses and their time, but also hope that they do the same for me and go to any extent possible to help me achieve a successful pregnancy. I've heard of other women having outstanding and wonderful experiences with their nurses and Care team at other practices, and it sometimes makes me feel sad, because I feel like I'm just a number.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The doctors are the strengths. The weaknesses are the nurse coordinators, the communication systems, and a lack of ways to look up test results in an online platform. You often have to follow up more than once to get a response, and you really need to take responsibility for your own care and push for blood tests when you think they are necessary.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I mentioned many of these in my review of the nurses. It's often the case that you have to track them down to get lab results, and there was a time or two that my prescriptions were not called in on time and I had to pay for them out of pocket. I tried to let these things go, as the process is already difficult and frustrating in and of itself, but these challenges are really discouraging.
Buckhead/Piedmont
Dr. Namnoum is kind and has good "bed side manner". She was not as thorough as she could have been in my PCOS diagnosis. She seems a little distant and I would prefer a doctor with more warmth. IVF seems to be the default treatment for most fertility clinics and GRS (Shady Grove) is no different. Maybe the truth is that the doctors don't really know how to fix PCOS.
At first my nurse [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] was very cold. She acted irritated about the questions I had and tried to get off the phone with me quickly. It was difficult to get her on the phone.... Strengths: Nice waiting area and offices, receptionists are friendly. Weaknesses: Must pay for parking, there seems to be poor communication among the staff. I had to tell the lab technicians what tests were needed, the ultrasound technician what the plan was, etc.
You have be be your own advocate and also educate yourself. Much of the responsibility is on the patient to be well read on their condition and treatment. It is very difficult to get ahold of the doctor. There is no patient portal or email. The office rarely picks up the phone and you must leave a voicemail. Be prepared for some bad games of phone tag.
She didn't seem to care to know about my BBT or CM. Most importantly she didn't help me to treat PCOS. It felt like I was on a fast track to the IVF money making machine.
With my diagnosis of PCOS, she suggested taking Letrozole, a trigger shot, IUI, then progesterone suppositories. It did not result in pregnancy. I immediate started another IUI cycle until they found a polyp and we cancelled the IUI and just did a medicated cycle instead.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
At first my nurse was very cold. She acted irritated about the questions I had and tried to get off the phone with me quickly. It was difficult to get her on the phone.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Billing was very confusing. I was told that a surgery to remove a polyp was one and amount and got a much bigger bill. IUI cost around $450 and the meds add another $350 to that.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I needed to have more thorough labs done in order to know how to treat my PCOS. I have a bit of a unique situation. Also, when attempting to start the IUI cycle, I left several voicemails requesting that my meds get called in to the pharmacy. It was cycle day 4 or 5 and no one had called me back and I was about to miss my window to start Letrozole and have baseline ultrasounds done.
Sandy Springs
Things were not looking in our favor but Dr. Perloe made us a guarantee that we would walk out that facility with a baby. We got pregnant on our first round of IVF. We followed all of Dr. Perloe's directions even doing a frozen transfer when we wanted to do a fresh transfer...knew all our needs and addressed them accordingly. Dr. Perloe's knowledge in the area of infertility is an understatement, he's a GURU.
They [Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] also offer financing which we did so it gives us 5 years to pay off...The only thing I did not like was being seated in one area of the clinic with other patient and at times you would her hear some of the medical issues with the patients. They would sit all the patients in a holding area and you would see other people with the same inflictions. If you are a very private person I don't think you would care for that.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
When my husband and I entered Shady Grove we didn't know what to expect. My husband had done some research on the facility beforehand but we know what we were up against. I was battling PCOS and Uterine Fibroids and Dr. Perloe explained all of that to us. Things were not looking in our favor but Dr. Perloe made us a guarantee that we would walk out that facility with a baby. We got pregnant on our first round of IVF. We followed all of Dr. Perloe's directions even doing a frozen transfer when we wanted to do a fresh transfer. We started our IVF journey in June 2018 and by August 2018 we were pregnant. Dr. Perloe knew all our needs and addressed them accordingly. Dr. Perloe's knowledge in the area of infertility is an understatement, he's a GURU.
Dr. Perloe is very open to your ideas and what maybe your plans for IVF but he'll direct you in the right way to go. I recommend following his advice from beginning to end.
We felt like a human because Dr. Perloe know our exact needs every time we stepped foot in the facility. He never forgot our names and remembered every little detail about me.
Dr. Perloe recommended that I lose some weight and change my diet before starting my IVF cycle. I used Gonal-f for my FSH, menopur and some other medications that Dr. Perloe will prescribe to you.I think we did 150 ML of gonal daily but we it may vary depending on what Dr. Perloe prescribes to you. We had to get some MRI's done because of my Uterine Fibroids. I had some pre-diagnostic testing done and a consultation to determine my infertility.
Our nurse Yolanda was amazing. She was there for me every step of the way. She gave me hope even when I didn't think I had any. Her encouragement is what kept me going through with the process. She knew Dr. Perloe better than anyone there and gave me assurance that Dr. Perloe will give me a baby. She is very patient, understanding, and caring about what you're going through. Anytime we had questions and or needed some advice on things, she was always there for us. I thank nurse Yolanda so much for everything she did.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The staff at the clinic was always helpful. From the front desk to the ladies that drew my blood, they were all so supportive. When we told them the good news about us being pregnant they were just as excited as we were. There was one lady at the front desk that was a little quirky but she was always a good laugh for me and my husband when we went. The only thing I did not like was being seated in one area of the clinic with other patient and at times you would her hear some of the medical issues with the patients. They would sit all the patients in a holding area and you would see other people with the same inflictions. If you are a very private person I don't think you would care for that.
They had a number of diffeent plans for us to choose from. We qualified for the plan that gave us 2-3 ivf cycles and unlimited transfers that cost us $18,500. We wish we would've went with the one cycle that was $12,500 but we didn't know we would get pregnant on the first round plus we shouldv'e tried another round of IUI. Medications cost us another $2,500 so our total bill came to $21,500. They also offer financing which we did so it gives us 5 years to pay off.
Dr. Perloe recommended eSET because e was afraid of me having multiples and wanted to be careful because of my fibroids. Though you transfer one embryo, there's still a chance that the one embryo could multiply.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Once they sent to get certain blood test but the clinic had sent back the wrong results so we had to redo the test.
Treated 2017 - 2018
There is a parking garage that they [Shady Grove] share with the rest of the building, Please be mindful to arrive earlier that 15 minutes to allow yourself time to find parking and still make it up to your appointment early. Also, there is a parking fee. For self-pay patients like myself, every little dollar counts.... They [nurses] are all friendly and caring. I think they take notes whenever they speak with someone so that helps keep communication flowing if someone is absent.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith was an amazing RE. She's the type of person you hope to meet every time you walk into a RE's office. She is very patient, understanding, detailed and provides a wealth of knowledge to her patients. As cycles 1-3 failed, she explained the need to be slightly more aggressive with our treatment plan. Even so far as when we were at risk for a cancelled cycle due to having too many follicles, explaining how with our history she would consider continuing, but ensuring that we understood the risk. She explained the different options available, follicular reduction and the dreaded potential of having to terminate. She explained it as though we were sitting on her couch. It didn't feel like we were in school and needed to take notes, we didn't need google translate or a dictionary to have a conversation.
Trust the process. Don't be afraid to ask questions, she is always willing to answer any questions. Also with that, don't overfill your head with so much that you challenge every decision made.
I always felt like I was important with her. She always made sure to greet us in the hallways, and it would even be by name. I see a number of patients in the office just on the days I visited, I feel it would be hard for anyone to keep up with but Dr. MK makes it look like a breeze. She always made sure I was comfortable with what she was doing, if she had someone new in the room she would introduce and even ask if I was ok with that person being present. With 5 failed cycles you start to feel like its never going to happen but Dr. MK never gives up on you and is always thinking of the next step, not just for what we are doing that day.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Devin)
They are all friendly and caring. I think they take notes whenever they speak with someone so that helps keep communication flowing if someone is absent.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
There is a parking garage that they share with the rest of the building, Please be mindful to arrive earlier that 15 minutes to allow yourself time to find parking and still make it up to your appointment early. Also, there is a parking fee. For self-pay patients like myself, every little dollar counts.
$6,000-$7,000 for 5 cycles of IUI
Sandy Springs
She [Dr. Anne Brawner Namnoum] is really knowledgeable of clinical information but not as personal as other clinicians or nursing staff. I think it would have been a better experience if I was able to lose weight in her time frame. I also think she would have been more comfortable if there was an explanation for my infertility; because right now we do not have a diagnosed reason.
The nursing staff is the clinic's [Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] best asset. They always showed compassion and were very knowledgeable. I always felt like I was in good hands.... I was on Letrozole and clomid to produce more eggs and improve my ovulation to increase fertilization. I also had 1 IUI because of the greater chances of conceiving with the procedure.
She is really knowledgeable of clinical information but not as personal as other clinicians or nursing staff. I think it would have been a better experience if I was able to lose weight in her time frame. I also think she would have been more comfortable if there was an explanation for my infertility; because right now we do not have a diagnosed reason. Dr. Namnoum has a great support staff around that interacts with her patients in a great way. I am always amazed that they remember me and acknowledge where we are in our treatment or journey. I continue to go to Dr. Namnoum because of her clinical knowledge and her supportive staff. I also think it is important to recognize that they often listen to the patient. I never wanted to do an IUI to conceive and Dr. Namnoum works hard to prevent us from having to utilize that option on a regular basis. She also encourages a second opinion at all times which I like. She is not a cocky know it all doctor. She literally will conduct research in your presence to determine the best course of action for you. I also like that I feel like I am included in my care and my voice really matters.
I would say go in with an open mind and provide your input throughout the entire journey.
She seemed to care about helping us meet our goal to have a family.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Dr. Namnoum medical assistant)
The nursing staff is the clinic's best asset. They always showed compassion and were very knowledgeable. I always felt like I was in good hands.
Treated 2015 - 2018
I felt like a human because when I hurt Dr. McCarthy-Keith hurt as well. It shows she has a passion for what she does. She personable & willing to ensure as a human you’re comfortable. She’s upfront & straightforward.... She’s personable informative straightforward & tells it like it is. She gives stats & will inform you as a patient if the process will work. What she says for the ,ost part is correct & she looks out for the best interest of the patient.
The clinic [Shady Grove Atlanta] is great! Nice staff & very friendly environment. It’s a clean environment and very welcoming. Any questions one may have anybody is there to answer. They all are caring & make sure to tend to the needs of the patient.... The nurse was great. Whenever I call she was there to answer all my questions. Very nice and pleasant.... I felt like a human because when I hurt Dr. McCarthy-Keith hurt as well. It shows she has a passion for what she does.
Listen to what she says. She’s looking out for your best interest. She’s honest and will give the best treatment to whoever she comes in contact with.
After reviewing my med list from other IVF doctor, she said she will increase my dosage and recommended DHEA & CoQ10 to increase my egg quality due to my 1st retrieval being 10 eggs with only 2 fertilizing. She also stated I should continue acupuncture & change my diet and incorporate exercise.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Rita Christopher )
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is great! Nice staff & very friendly environment. It’s a clean environment and very welcoming. Any questions one may have anybody is there to answer. They all are caring & make sure to tend to the needs of the patient.
Meds-$500
She wants to transfer 1 embryo as opposed to 2 due to my age. I understand her logic & am in agreement with her.
Alpharetta
Dr. Namnoum is thorough and detailed. She is easy to talk to and explains procedures/options well. I feel like she really cares and I am not just another number There are times when I feel a bit rushed when seeing her but I have learned not to let her leave the room until I have all my questions/concerns answered...It took more than a few appointments to feel like a human but I think this was just part of the process.
I had an appointment scheduled with the Doctor [at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta] and then ended up only seeing the nurse. There was some miscommunication on my IUI protocol (I did not receive a written out protocol, instead I was only verbally notified by the IUI RN)...Clinic is going through some growing pains and it is very noticeable. At times it can seem a bit disorganized (recently transitioned from paper to electronic). The clinic is small and waiting room can be awkward at times. The Doctor is what keeps me from switching clinics.
Do not be afraid to ask questions.
IUI (Letrozole, Ovidrel) IUI (Letrozole, Gonal F, Ovidrel)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
IUI Nurse - not very organized. Responded with short answers, almost as if my questions were an inconvenience. Nursing Staff - helpful and friendly
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
$40 copay for each visit.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
I had an appointment scheduled with the Doctor and then ended up only seeing the nurse. There was some miscommunication on my IUI protocol (I did not receive a written out protocol, instead I was only verbally notified by the IUI RN)
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. McCarthy-Keith] was great loved how she was straight forward with us and regards to our treatment plan. She also made sure we was informed on all options that was available to us. And if we suggested anything she would go over it with us and advise if it was available or a good option for us to do.... She told me of supplements I needed to take a vitamins daily. I don’t know the doses but I to follistims, menopure, extagine, and progesterone oil.
The clinic [Shady Grove] is all is great, from the front desk to the blood draw nurses. I don’t like how the call in line it sometimes take forever for someone to come to the line and their is days that you can call right on and get someone on the line.... The nursing staff was great and had great communication with me and made sure that I was informed on what and when I needed to do during my cycles
She was great loved how she was straight forward with us and regards to our treatment plan. She also made sure we was informed on all options that was available to us. And if we suggested anything she would go over it with us and advise if it was available or a good option for us to do.
Be patient and go the process
Dr. MK spoke to me in regards to my care and made sure I understood and agreed with the process. The staff was great and assisted with any and all concerns I had.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Rhonda I think)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
The clinic is all is great, from the front desk to the blood draw nurses. I don’t like how the call in line it sometimes take forever for someone to come to the line and their is days that you can call right on and get someone on the line.
All together we have spent about 5k. I had insurance at the time to cover my services.
Sandy Springs
Dr. Namnoum was great in making me feel like a patient and not a number.... Dr. Namnoum was the best doctor choice we could have made. She spoiled us and made us feel like family during treatment. We miss going to her office and seeing everyone there. We are proud to say we are currently 19 weeks pregnant with our bundle of joy. We are also very thankful to Dr. Namnoum for making our dream a reality!
The clinic was great! Would recommend that anyone visit Shady Grove Fertility and see any of the doctor's at the Meridian Mark location. We had the best experience. They are helpful, friendly, kind, compassionate. Everyone cares about the patients needs while they are there.... Dr. Namnoum was great in making me feel like a patient and not a number. Her and her staff were great to work with.... She spoiled us and made us feel like family during treatment. We miss going to her office and seeing everyone there.
Treated 2017 - 2018
She [Dr. Brawner Namnoum] was amazing. Hands down the best. When we lost our first pregnancy due a miscarriage she was so kind hearted. Every time a treatment failed she was so positive that we would still get there. Sure enough she was right. We were blessed with identical twin girls. We named one of our twin girls middle names after her.!...She will treat you as a person and not just a patient. She will always listen and care for you and your journey. She will do everything in her power to help your dreams come true.
She [nurse at Shady Grove] was amazing!!!! One of the sweetest and caring souls in the entire planet!...Financial dept wasn’t the best. They had a rude girl working the front desk for a while and she has an awful attitude. Unfortunately she was the only “bad experience” we ever had there. I ended up letting shady grove know about this so they could fix the problem...they gave a protocol calendar for meds and that was helpful!
She was amazing. Hands down the best. When we lost our first pregnancy due a miscarriage she was so kind hearted. Every time a treatment failed she was so positive that we would still get there. Sure enough she was right. We were blessed with identical twin girls. We named one of our twin girls middle names after her.!
She was the best doctor for the worst storm I have ever faced! Treated my husband and I like angels and we thank god for her every and twice (for our twin baby girls).
Can’t remember exactly. But they gave a protocol calendar for meds and that was helpful!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Dawn t!!!! The absolute best! )
She was amazing!!!! One of the sweetest and caring souls in the entire planet!
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
She was for only putting one embryo in in hopes for one healthy pregnancy.
Treated 2017 - 2018
[The nursing staff at Shady Grove Fertility- Atlanta's] Strength return calls as soon as possible, polite and friendly didn’t rush me while questions... McCarthy-Keith went the extra mile when I need a medication. The medication was called the day before and the date of the medication it was not available. She made an extra step contacted the pharmacist personally and had my medication ready with in minutes. On the date of my IUI she had a planned family trip, she push back her flight time just to do it for me. She stated she promised that she was going to be there very step of way and she is doing just so.
Strength-warm and welcoming, informative, understanding, flexiable in scheduling weakness time management, more available afternoon hours, doesn’t do every lab possible such anti ovarian antibodies lab, did not let me try IVF with my own eggs
Tell her what you want done
I fell like a human. McCarthy-Keith went the extra mile when I need a medication. The medication was called the day before and the date of the medication it was not available. She made an extra step contacted the pharmacist personally and had my medication ready with in minutes. On the date of my IUI she had a planned family trip, she push back her flight time just to do it for me. She stated she promised that she was going to be there very step of way and she is doing just so.
For the Low Ovarian Reserve, letrozole with Ovidrel was used
I was not educated on eSET
Treated 2017
Dr. McCarthy-Keith treated me husband and I like we were her only patients during each visit. She empathized with our situation and let us know that her goal was to help us get a baby.... Dr. McCarthy-Keith has recommended that we pursue a donor egg IVF cycle since our funds are limited and this would give us a better chance of conceiving versus using my eggs with a 20% chance.
They [nurses at Georgia Reproductive Specialists] are all very responsive. If I have questions or need a help with an injection, they are very good about walking through the steps and keeping you encouraged throughout the process. They all have a friendly demeanor.
I was referred to Dr. McCarthy-Keith from another friend who raved about her. She is exceptional at what she does and clearly communicates prognosis, test results and recommendations with compassion. She never seems too rushed or busy to answer questions.
Don't be afraid of asking her to explain all of your options for fertility treatments and any questions (small or large). She is very willing to answer any and all.
Dr. McCarthy-Keith has recommended that we pursue a donor egg IVF cycle since our funds are limited and this would give us a better chance of conceiving versus using my eggs with a 20% chance. We are currently saving up to go down this route.
They are all very responsive. If I have questions or need a help with an injection, they are very good about walking through the steps and keeping you encouraged throughout the process. They all have a friendly demeanor.
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Georgia Reproductive Specialist is one of the top clinics in the the Atlanta area. I was first drawn to them because their prices for IVF were more reasonable. It is easy to get an appointment relatively quickly and all of the doctors in the practice work together. The front office staff is also extremely helpful.
The clinic recently merged with Shady Grove so the donor egg cycle costs changed some from our first visit. They now have two options that start at $28k.
Treated 2016 - 2017
Dr. Perloe was very thorough and reviewed my extensive medical history. He was able to quickly identify concerns with my current medication and identified a problem with my husband that several others doctors did not mention. He answered all of my questions any time I was in the office and he was also very responsive via email.... He has extensive experience researching PCOS and treated this disorder with modified medications, diet and exercise.
Georgia Reproductive Specialists is the best infertility clinic in the metro Atlanta area. We spent a lot of time and money working with other doctors in other clinics without any success and no one able to tell us "why" we weren't getting pregnant.... [Cost Of Treatment] Around $15-20,000 for the entire process including medications, ICSI, cryopreservation, etc.... Jacqueline was very patient in demonstrating how to administer all medications/injections. She was very compassionate and supportive throughout the process. She was always concerned about my overall well-being.
How was your experience with Mark Perloe at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta?
Dr. Perloe is truly an expert in his field. He is very matter of fact and was able to quickly identify our infertility barriers and a solution after working with several other doctors over the course of years. He has extensive experience researching PCOS and treated this disorder with modified medications, diet and exercise. He set out a plan for me and had data to back up his recommendations. He was able to diagnose my husband with sperm morphology issues (which no other doctor had identified) and immediately knew that IVF with ICSI would be our best option. He thoroughly explained what was happening at each appointment as well as next steps. I always felt informed and supported. I was very comfortable working with Dr. Perloe and I was always confident in his recommendations. Even after I left his care after my first trimester, I would still rely on him for medical advice because I valued his opinion so much. My husband and I are eternally grateful for his knowledge and expertise. Without him we would not have our beautiful baby girl that we tried to conceive for over 6 years.
That he is truly an expert in treating infertility. He is very direct and will tell you what you need to do and/or stop doing to get the best results.
Dr. Perloe changed the type of Metformin I was taking daily from extended release to regular. He suggested I take Ovasitol daily for PCOS and prenatal vitamins from Theralogix. He was very careful in monitoring the amount of medication used and its effects on my eggs to ensure that they were not overstimulated (which can be common in PCOS patients). If anything appeared abnormal he would lower the dosage. My egg retrieval was very successful and I had 17 mature eggs. He recommended to do ICSI since my husband had morphology issues. The embryos that developed were frozen and we also did the genetic screening on the embryos and had 3 normal embryos. I embryo was transferred in November 2016 and we had a successful cycle with a healthy baby born August 8, 2017.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta. (Assigned nurse: Jacqueline Cody)
Describe your experience with Shady Grove Fertility Atlanta.
Dr. Perloe recommended a single embryo transfer since carrying multiples can be very taxing on the body and there are elevated risks for complications.