Global Fertility and Genetics

Nutrition counseling is not offered

115 E 57th St, Ste 420-430
646-859-6172

1 patient review filtered by:

[Dr. Zeitoun is] clever, witty and straightforward, but definitely not the warmest doctor who will hold your hand throughout the process. He doesn't think supplements help with egg quality and said bluntly, "If you have five embryos, I'd put all five back into you because there's a 5% chance that any of them will make it after age 40."...Don't expect a warm and fuzzy experience...asked me if I spoke English during the embryo transfer. I couldn't tell if he was joking or if he had mistaken me for one of his other patients (there was a Chinese woman before me who didn't speak English).
She [nurse at Global Fertility and Genetics] was extraordinarily compassionate and thorough. I corresponded with her the most throughout the cycle in regards to appointments and medication changes...The embryologist, nurses, assistants were all very kind and patient. The clinic is clean, quiet - everything you would need an IVF facility to be. My only gripe was that Dr. Zeitoun asked me if I spoke English during the embryo transfer. I couldn't tell if he was joking or if he had mistaken me for one of his other patients (there was a Chinese woman before me who didn't speak English).
How was your experience with Khaled Zeitoun at Global Fertility and Genetics?
He's clever, witty and straightforward, but definitely not the warmest doctor who will hold your hand throughout the process. He doesn't think supplements help with egg quality and said bluntly, "If you have five embryos, I'd put all five back into you because there's a 5% chance that any of them will make it after age 40."
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Khaled Zeitoun at Global Fertility and Genetics?
Don't expect a warm and fuzzy experience.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Khaled Zeitoun at Global Fertility and Genetics?
The nurses at Global Fertility were phenomenal - kind, thorough and extremely helpful with all my questions. I didn't really get to see Dr. Zeitoun as much, but he was honest and upfront about my situation.
Describe the protocols Khaled Zeitoun used in your cycles at Global Fertility and Genetics and their degree of success.
Follistim 300, Menopur 150, Ganirelex, Lupron. Fresh 3-day transfer of 2 eggs.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Global Fertility and Genetics. (Assigned nurse: Nurse Leika)
She was extraordinarily compassionate and thorough. I corresponded with her the most throughout the cycle in regards to appointments and medication changes.
Describe your experience with Global Fertility and Genetics.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Khaled Zeitoun at Global Fertility and Genetics.
Insurance covered IVF, but it was $15,500 for the cycle. Medication out of pocket was approximately $5,000.
What specific things went wrong at Global Fertility and Genetics?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Global Fertility and Genetics.
The nurse forgot to call me with any medication changes and I had to contact her to confirm that my dosage would be the same for the following day.
Khaled Zeitoun