Global Fertility and Genetics

115 E 57th St, Ste 420-430
646-859-6172

1 patient review filtered by:

2018 - 2020, Unknown Success
The great thing about this clinic [Global Fertility and Genetics] is that it is open during evening hours. They are aware that many couples work and it is hard to take off as much as would be needed during the cycles so they are only open during the evening hours. However, at times, it's hard to get through to them quickly on the days the office are not open. But they will get back to you. It just won't be immediate sometimes.... The nursing staff is great at the office. All the nurses know everyone by name and doeos their best to help you.
How was your experience with Khaled Zeitoun at Global Fertility and Genetics?
Dr Zeitoun is a very straightforward and direct doctor. Some may consider him to be cold but I realized that once you tell him your needs and he realizes what kind of patient you are he will still be direct but he is compassionate. In the beginning, I felt like he just checked my prognosis and sent me on my way. When I asked him for more detail the next go around, he provided it and explained he didn't go into detail any further because those were routine check-ups to make sure my insides were healthy. And his administrator was the one that handled the details after the doctor saw you.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Khaled Zeitoun at Global Fertility and Genetics?
If you need someone to be extremely heartwarming and compassionate, then he may not be for you. But if you want someone to tell you the reality of the situation and not sugarcoat it for you, then Dr Zeitoun is for you. He is about trying to find a solution for you.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Khaled Zeitoun at Global Fertility and Genetics?
When I first began to see Dr. Zeitoun, I did feel like I was number for the first few months. When we initially did our consult, he was quick to look at my medical information and just proceed to examine me. I felt as if I had to force my questions in real quick before we moved on. However, I realized he was just a doctor that was very direct. And when you needed more time from him you just needed to let him know and he would make the time for you. He gave me hope again since I was already 40 and had a low AMH. He didn't even mention that. He said just said "let's get you pregnant."
Describe the protocols Khaled Zeitoun used in your cycles at Global Fertility and Genetics and their degree of success.
For my treatment, we went for an antagonist protocol. He had me on menopur (150 iu) and Gonal (300 iu) to begin my stim cycle and then added Cetrotide and Ovidrel. With my second IVF cycle, he added the Lupron trigger shot on top of the Ovidrel. He spaced them about an hour from each other. When asked why he was adding this, he explained that it would help with rest of the eggs to mature. Therefore, possessing more egg to retrieve. Which is what happened in my case. My first cycle, I only had 2 eggs (I did get pregnant but miscarried). For my second and third cycles, I had significantly more to retrieve (between 7 and 9).
Describe your experience with your nurse at Global Fertility and Genetics. (Assigned nurse: Afaf)
The nursing staff is great at the office. All the nurses know everyone by name and doeos their best to help you. However, I'd like to call out my care coordinator (administrator) , Afaf. That is my life saver. Because of Dr Zeitoun's directness (and at times rushed), she actually is the person that "translates" everything to you. She is as knowledgeable about everything as Dr Zeitoun is. She goes over every detail of your care and cycle. I developed a close rapport with her so she knows the ins and outs of my care and knows what my expectations and worries are. She will show you how to do your injections at home, call you with any updates with your cycle, provide with you sound recommendations for what's best for you on how to proceed and gives you hope. I don't think I could get through each cycle without her. Afaf has become my go-to person and my advocate in the office. She makes my experience less stressful during a stressful time.
Describe your experience with Global Fertility and Genetics.
The great thing about this clinic is that it is open during evening hours. They are aware that many couples work and it is hard to take off as much as would be needed during the cycles so they are only open during the evening hours. However, at times, it's hard to get through to them quickly on the days the office are not open. But they will get back to you. It just won't be immediate sometimes.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Global Fertility and Genetics.
My monitoring appointments were quite simple. As long as it was within the office hours (unless it needed immediate attention then Dr Zeitoun would go in to see you), you could pick the time most convenient for you.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Khaled Zeitoun at Global Fertility and Genetics.
I had fertility insurance for my first few cycles, so don't remember the exact costs. But Dr Zeitoun worked with a reproductive center to perform the egg retrievals and transfer. Patients are not billed separately from the center and doctor. When you are billed, the egg retrieval and transfer are grouped together and you only have to pay one bill. It also includes the anesthesiologist. I was once billed by the anesthesiologist separately and Dr Zeitoun made sure his office credited me the amount since it was taken out of my fertility insurance.
Describe Khaled Zeitoun's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Global Fertility and Genetics.
Because of my age and low AMH, Dr. Zeitoun felt it more appropriate to do multiple embryo transfer. Since the likelihood of me having many good eggs was low, he felt that it would not be effective to just transfer a single embryo. He did educate on the possible risks of multiple embryo transfers and how best to handle them.
Khaled Zeitoun