Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
20940 North Tatum Boulevard, B-210
Phoenix, AZ 85050
480-621-6331
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 100%9.7

9.7

1 doctor
From the time I scheduled my appointment, I was able to get in fast. Their patient portal is very user friendly and straight forward. You can schedule appointments online. The building the clinic [Gondra Center for Reproductive Care] is located in is very nice area and right above an outpatient center. The clinic is fairly small but well equipped. Everything is very clean and new. The lab is very nice as well.... They are the sweetest ladies.
Describe your experience with Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology.
I haven't been there very long, but everything so far is top notch as far as I can tell. The lab is nice and the equipment is state of the art. From the time I scheduled my appointment, I was able to get in fast. Their patient portal is very user friendly and straight forward. You can schedule appointments online. The building the clinic is located in is very nice area and right above an outpatient center. The clinic is fairly small but well equipped. Everything is very clean and new. The lab is very nice as well.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Mercedes Gondra at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology?
Dr. Gondra is by far the best doctor I could've ever picked. She truly understand my diagnosis because she also has endometriosis. She takes her time to listen to me and my concerns. She's very open and honest with me as well about my chances. She makes me feel really comfortable voicing my concerns and even likes hearing my thoughts about my treatment. Her office staff is like family and they remember me every time. I don't fee like a broken record and having to repeat my history every time I have an appointment.
They are the sweetest ladies. I have met the NP, all of the nurses, front desk coordinators, and embryologist. They are all a very close team and have known Dr. Gondra for a very long time. They talk to me like i'm a part of their family. I truly feel cared about.
How was your experience with Mercedes Gondra at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology?
Although my journey with Dr. Gondra is just starting, I feel like she already is my biggest advocate. She truly is there to help me get the baby my husband and I have always wanted. She is very caring, a great listener, compassionate about what she does, and very understanding because she went through what her patients have gone through. She's personable and a very down-to-earth person. I feel in very good hands with her. I see her every time I come into her office. I can call anytime and she's always there to answer my questions or concerns.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Mercedes Gondra at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology?
I would tell a prospective patient to just go in ready to learn and listen and also to just relax. You will be in great hands. Make sure you voice your concerns and don't be afraid. She will listen to you. I promise.
Describe the protocols Mercedes Gondra used in your cycles at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology and their degree of success.
My diagnosis is new, but I do have endometriosis and Dr. Gondra's first step in treatment was to give me a choice to start IUI right away or go for a surgery to increase my chances. I did my research and endometriosis can be very aggressive, so I picked surgery. Endometriosis runs in my family, so I want to be prepared that I will need IVF right after surgery. It makes me sad that I might not be able to afford IVF like some of my family members After my surgery in a week, i'll know more of what my options are.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Mercedes Gondra at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology.
Everything so far has been covered by my insurance. She accepts most insurance in coverage is available under your policy. And they work with you on payments for out of pocket expenses. Very accommodating when it comes to finances.
Phoenix

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Mercedes Gondra at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology.

Endometriosis, Unexplained
My IUI's [at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology] were roughly $800-900 out of pocket and the Femara was around $20...Dr. Gondra is the only physician there; no portion of the care is provided by a nurse practitioner or other mid-level provider. The clinic is still new, so there may not be many reviews. However, Dr. Gondra is not new to the area or to RE...I had unexplained infertility but was over 35. Used Femara for IUI cycles to avoid any further thinning of endometrial lining that Clomid may cause.
Endometriosis, Unexplained
Dr. Gondra is the only physician there; no portion of the care is provided by a nurse practitioner or other mid-level provider. The clinic is still new, so there may not be many reviews. However, Dr. Gondra is not new to the area or to REI; she previously worked at Troche Fertility Centers and it is possible that further information may be found there.
Dr. Gondra has hand-selected her office staff to be friendly people who work well together. I was always greeted by name as soon as I walked through the door and they remembered details about my life.
I trust Dr. Gondra and have referred other people to her (don't know their outcomes). She really seems to care and her approach is candid but compassionate. She speaks quickly and has an accent and it might a little challenging for someone who is new to the infertility process to follow. Fortunately, all of the notes are available in an online portal for review.
Take notes during your visit and review them with her before you leave.
I had unexplained infertility but was over 35. Used Femara for IUI cycles to avoid any further thinning of endometrial lining that Clomid may cause. Next step scheduled to be IVF. The plan is for a mock cycle with ERA testing and frozen embryo transfer once a sufficient lining is obtained.
My insurance covered infertility testing but not treatment. So my lab testing, baseline ultrasound, HSG, and husband's semen analysis were nominal. My IUI's were roughly $800-900 out of pocket and the Femara was around $20.
Endometriosis, Other
My doctor started her own clinic [Gondra Center] so its hard to review ivf treatment there. Many of her staff including the NP and embryologist moved with here so I'm sure they are doing a great job. I see my doctor for endometriosis and the front desk can always get me an appointment quickly. The new clinic doesn't book too many people at one time so you don't wait or feel rushed. They give each patient enough time to address all issues.
Endometriosis, Other
My doctor started her own clinic so its hard to review ivf treatment there. Many of her staff including the NP and embryologist moved with here so I'm sure they are doing a great job. I see my doctor for endometriosis and the front desk can always get me an appointment quickly. The new clinic doesn't book too many people at one time so you don't wait or feel rushed. They give each patient enough time to address all issues.
She always made me feel like I was her only patient. She truly empathizes with you and wants you to have your baby.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology. (Assigned nurse: Kori)
My doctor has since left the clinic I received treatment but many of the team members went to her new clinic. My ivf coordinator Kori was awesome. She helped me get drug discounts and donated drugs. Two of the my nurses went to my doctor's new clinic. They are very knowledgeable and I go to the NP for well women.
She is very knowledgeable and in my opinion the best option for treatment if you have endometriosis is Phoenix. She gives everyone individualized care and I truly feels she is invested in your success. Even after I had my she continued to check on our well being. I still see her for endometriosis related issues since she sees people for advanced gyno issues too.
If you need surgery for endometriosis she is your best bet. She focuses on fertility preserving surgery. She removed a 10cm cyst from my ovary. Most docs couldn't do this.
First was surgery to removes stage 4 endometriosis and 10 cm cyst from my ovary. IVF #1 antagonist protocol with no bcp lead in b/c I'm a clot risk and used lovenox. 300 follistim, 150 menopur. 4 of 8 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 day 3 ET of grade A. Chemical pregnancy. Surgery to remove 3 cm from good ovary before ivf #2 IVF #2 reduced menopur to 75iu and increased follistim to 375 and lead in with bcp/lovenox to help me not have lead follicles like ivf #1. This cycle was bad. 10 eggs but only 1 mature. Transfer grade c embryo on day 3. bfn. IVF # lead in w/ bcp/lovenox. Stimmed with 375 iu menopur, .25 hgh and 125 follistim. 8 eggs, 7 mature, 6 fertilized and two made it to day 5. ETed 2 early grade B blast and had a live birth in April 2016. Took a while but we found the protocol that worked for me. Lots and lots of menopur!
10000 for ivf 1000 for iui
Describe Mercedes Gondra's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology.
Based on my situation 2 was recommended.

Endometriosis, Male Factor
nurses [at Gondra Center for Reproductive Care & Advanced Gynecology] are always so friendly and also add a personal touch. They remember you and are just great women. Being there is not always for the most exciting reason, so it’s nice to have a smiling face. The nurses are friendly and personal as well. Overall the staff is amazing...Strengths: friendly, proactive and helpful. They are on this journey with you. Cons: busy, so appointments can take a while to get in - which is a good thing I believe because a lot of people go there.
Endometriosis, Male Factor
The front desk is always so sweet and remember you and that’s awesome because they are the first representative of the office. Dr. Gondra is very thorough and from the first time I went, she sat down she really took her time. My family loved her when they met her from my laparoscopic surgery.
He nurses are always so friendly and also add a personal touch. They remember you and are just great women. Being there is not always for the most exciting reason, so it’s nice to have a smiling face. The nurses are friendly and personal as well. Overall the staff is amazing.
Dr. Gondra makes you smile which is helpful during this time. She makes you hopeful to assist you in your step. She is never pushy and takes her time to listen to you. I have cried multiple times in her office and she has been understanding and there to let me cry, but also to encourage a next step.
She has a thick accent, so make sure you understand the answers you are seeking.
I had a cyst and it was viewed by the PA in the office. Her and doctor Gondra couldn’t determine what type of cyst it was, but took immediate action once she noticed it might be large and got me into surgery. This also helped confirm I had endometriosis and started our IVF journey.
The costs are as to be expected for IVF.
I’m not to that process yet. We meet Monday to discuss frozen and fresh embryo transfers.