Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center

Genetic counseling: OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication: Offered
55 Holly Hill Lane
Greenwich, CT 06830
203-863-2990
Tuckahoe
115 Main Street
Tuckahoe, NY 10707
914-793-2990
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center to a friend?
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
[Greenwich Fertility's] Strengths: Easy to schedule appointments, online portal with all test results Weaknesses: rotating doctors and nurses, the only time you can speak with your doctor is to make a follow up appointment, otherwise you will speak through a nurse, and when you speak with a nurse (not necessarily one who knows your situation), hours are M-F, 7:30am-5pm only...Each interaction is brief and because of the way the clinic is managed, half the time you will see a different doctor anyway. The other doctors prefer you ask questions to 'your doctor', which ultimately means speaking with a nurse.
Anovulation, Diminished Ovarian Reserve
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
My diagnosis was very generic, without much interest in root cause. I felt like she was just interested in prescribing the same course of treatment for everyone. Each interaction is brief and because of the way the clinic is managed, half the time you will see a different doctor anyway. The other doctors prefer you ask questions to 'your doctor', which ultimately means speaking with a nurse.
There were two nurses I really liked (Molly and Alisa), the others were cold and rude to me. The nurses appeared to rotate along with the doctors, so I never knew which nurse I would see.
How was your experience with Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Dr. Brauer is confident and backed by credentials. I appreciate her directness and ability to be aggressive. But for me, I felt like my diagnosis and treatment was all following a protocol without a real consideration for my unique situation and reaction to meds. I've gone through each cycle with a lot of doubt about it actually working... and as someone paying 100% out of pocket, it is a tough decision to continue coming back without the confidence that Dr. Brauer is considering me, specifically, as a patient.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Don't be afraid to keep pushing back and asking questions, even if Dr. Brauer acts like your question is silly.
Describe the protocols Anate Aelion Brauer used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Brauer used very standard protocols to induce ovulation. She started me with Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + endometrin. Then, because my lining was thin switched me to letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI + endometrin. When I asked to try a timed intercourse cycle, she only recommended letrezol because "I would ovulate on my own" (which I didn't) we also used 1mg Estradiol to improve my lining, starting when my follicles were &gt;14mm. In that final cycle I never ovulated and she recommended I consider IVF. None resulted in pregnancy.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
About $3500 for an IUI cycle. $4500 for my failed cycle with extra monitoring.
Greenwich
The greenwich office [of Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center] front desk is perfectly fine but Dana at the Tuckahoe location is on point. She is so knowledgeable and very friendly. It does not get better than her.... Molly [a nurse] is absolute perfection. She and Dr. Brauer appear to be a real team. Molly is friendly and on top of her game always making sure I leave with clear direction for next steps.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
The greenwich office front desk is perfectly fine but Dana at the Tuckahoe location is on point. She is so knowledgeable and very friendly. It does not get better than her.
When I ran into Dr. Brauer at Whole Foods she gave me a hug. It doesn't get more human feeling than that. In the office, we will connect on a person level like notice we share the same nail color then get down to business.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Molly )
Molly is absolute perfection. She and Dr. Brauer appear to be a real team. Molly is friendly and on top of her game always making sure I leave with clear direction for next steps.
From the get go I felt like Dr. Brauer was the right doctor for me. Everyone in my life tried to get me to go to NYC but my gut (which is very accurate) always felt confident in Dr. Brauer's care. Her personality made me want to grab a cup of coffee with her yet her brilliance was evident. Dr. Brauer called me personally for my exciting positive pregnancy test and my disappointing news of a chemical pregnancy. Both times she shared in the emotion of the call, super excited for the good news and leaving me with a positive outlook after the bad. I have trusted Dr. Brauer's game plan implicitly and have complete faith she will get me pregnant. I have and will continue to refer Dr. Brauer to anyone who is looking for a doctor with the total package, great personality and brilliant.
Be present through the fertility journey ..take one day at a time
So far I have done 3 iui. Each with clomid and ovidrel trigger shot. I usually have about 3 mature follicles. One IUI resulted in a chemical pregnancy.
So far my appointments were mostly co pay only with the exception of the actual IUI which I believe was $725...IVF is $10,500
Greenwich
They [Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center] have a cookie -cutter approach to their hormone regimen- I was getting violently ill from the excessive estrogen I was using and was told over and over that it's not the medicine causing my issues...Disorganized- there is no real flow and call backs for labs are a nightmare... Kate was going through a pregnancy, didn't show me how to take my meds, mix my meds or anything...Lehigh (spelling) was amazing, but I didn't have her till the end. Petra- not sure if she was an RN, did all my labs was a ray of sunshine
European, Ashkenazi Jewish, Other
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Weakness- cold( in call Dr told me there wasn't a chance I had a viable pregnancy with my betas- I only had two) Disorganized- there is no real flow and call backs for labs are a nightmare. I called to get results at 11:30, I was told dr miller would call me back in 10-20 min, I had no call till 3.36 pm
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nora Miller at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Rarely followed up, her nurses did everything including my medical regiment. She spews statistics with no humanistic feel for the patient and for the arduous process IVF actually is.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Kate/Lehigh/random full ins)
Kate was going through a pregnancy, didn't show me how to take my meds, mix my meds or anything. Lehigh (spelling) was amazing, but I didn't have her till the end. Petra- not sure if she was an RN, did all my labs was a ray of sunshine
What specific things went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
How was your experience with Nora Miller at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
As the wife of a physician I can say that Dr. miller is by no means a stupid woman. That being said- my husband and I both feel very disrespected by her. I don't feel that she has any care in the world about the hell that we women go through in this process, and one call after hours, such as before an embryo transfer, would go a long way in garnering trust and respect. The fact that we have now burned through 3 prime embryos makes her even tougher to defend. I came into this excited to start my family and after all the ups and downs with her I dread continuing this process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nora Miller at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Really think if you are ok with a hand off Dr that is only concerned with a successful single embryo transfer. I wish someone would have given me a heads up about this place before we continued this process to continual failure. I'm curently pregnant with a, "non viable" pregnancy. She hasn't checked in once and said I will probably need a methotrexate shot- very cold, very unkind. I was even in the hospital over all of this.
Describe the protocols Nora Miller used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
They have a cookie -cutter approach to their hormone regimen- I was getting violently ill from the excessive estrogen I was using and was told over and over that it's not the medicine causing my issues. Me and my husband were so furious with her re: my vision fluctuation and my generally feeling terrrible that he came to the office and demanded she show us my lab work. To her surprise, my estrogen jumped up and down and I still had to increase my dosage without having bloodwork first. She told me I "should see an ophthalmologist re: my eye problems" when my husband is clearly an ophthalmologist. The first run per the cookie cutter hand out in was 1 mg 2d a day.. increasing to 3 mg 2 a day. Second round she kept me on 1mg twice a day- I strongly believe my first cycle failed because the inconsistency of my estrogen and my body was not longer a safe environment for my embryo.
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Courtney is great, very kind and I think that's why people see it as a warm welcoming clinic.
Describe Nora Miller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
She holds very strong on selective embryo transfer- spouts statistics, and tells you all the risks- I think it was more scare tactics, even citing high risk of cerebral Palsy with twins- she won't transfer two first round, especially on PGS tested embryos. ( my first transfer was a fail)
Nora Miller
Greenwich
I never had any issues with billing or insurance [at Greenwich Fertility].. and they made scheduling very simple. Updates on blood work or other test results were always timely....The vast majority of the nurses were excellent, personable, and efficient....The Stamford clinic could really stand to open earlier - they officially open at 8...Once or twice, I arrived for a monitoring appointment that hadn't been entered correctly in the schedule.. It was dealt with quickly, usually getting me in within 20 minutes or so, and giving me priority to minimize wasting my time.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
In general, this was a very efficient clinic. I never had any issues with billing or insurance, which is pretty spectacular considering how often I was in there, and they made scheduling very simple. Updates on blood work or other test results were always timely. Only a few minor criticisms. The Stamford clinic could really stand to open earlier - they officially open at 8 (although monitoring starts around 7:50 or so). Working a regular office job that also starts at 8, I was late every day that I had to go in for monitoring. I was rarely at the Greenwich clinic, so can't speak to that location. Also, one of the staff at the front desk regularly lectured me on how I was going to have to stop working or cut way back or whatever once I had kids, and told me all about her experiences with pregnancy. Not something I was interested in hearing about in the midst of a long struggle to even get pregnant, and I'm pretty sure plenty of people work for a living, even with kids.
Dr. Miller previously ran her own practice, but now has joined with the team at Greenwich Fertility (located in Greenwich and Stamford). With only a handful of exceptions when she was not available, she walked us through the treatment plan each month, did every ultrasound, every IUI, and transfer. The only appointments where I wasn't scheduled to see her were just blood draws, and even then she'd usually poke her head in just to check on how things were going, see if I had any side effects, or just chat. I'm a scientist, so I asked to know blood and guts, and she explained every detail about what each medication does, how it interacts with everything else you're taking, and what kinds of side effects to expect. When you're on so many different meds, understanding what everything does can be crucial for catching errors (pharmacy sending something incorrect, etc.). When she does ultrasounds, she takes the time to point out and explain every feature that she sees. One of the few times she was not available, I got one of the other doctors in the practice who wouldn't even let me see the screen - I can't imagine doing that every other day for weeks at a time. She also makes patient-centered choices on treatment setup. There are various steps along the way where the outcome is the same, but the logistics can be significantly worse - for example, taking 3-4 shots a day vs. mixing meds when stimming for IVF. Dr. Miller went out of her way to choose the technique that she felt would be the easiest and offer the least interference. Where that wasn't possible, (I had to be on PIO injections due to trigger type), she adjusted needle types and gave tips on improving the injections to make the process more tolerable, and got me off of those injections as quickly as possible rather than the "better safe than sorry, but your ass will be a pincushion for 3 months" method used by many clinics. Many fertility practices treat women like they'e at a cattle call, but I never felt that way with Dr. Miller.
The vast majority of the nurses were excellent, personable, and efficient. One was actively not good with blood draws (I got some pretty spectacular bruises from her, rarely the others), which was mostly an issue for me because I have a pretty strong needle phobia - not great for fertility treatment under the best of circumstances. Occasionally I would come in for monitoring and no one would realize I was supposed to be there, but this was rare and quickly rectified.
What specific things went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
How was your experience with Nora Miller at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Dr. Miller is straightforward, honest without being cold, and very up-to-date with the latest research on effective treatment strategies. I always had total confidence in her treatment approach (wish I could say that about my new OB). Even though we were unexplained (which tends to mean "throw shit at the wall until something sticks"), it always felt like each round of treatment was tailored to my individual response in previous rounds. When Clomid thinned my lining, we immediately moved to injectables despite an otherwise good follicle response. I reacted strongly to injectables but the IUI failed, so my IVF meds dose was scaled back to make sure I wouldn't be put at risk of OHSS. Overall a great doctor-patient relationship.
Be up-front about how you want to receive information. She is incredibly knowledgeable, so will get into as much (or as little) detail as you want. I did this early and was glad that I did.
Cycle 1: Clomid + IUI, with a trigger shot. Did not do a medicated-only cycle, as newer research shows that in my situation, it would have produced little benefit beyond good old-fashioned sex. Produced 2-3 good follicles, but cycle failed. Cycle 2: Continued with Clomid + IUI + trigger, since my response was good the first month. Only one follicle this time, and uterine lining dropped from excellent to just ok. We proceeded with the cycle, but cycle failed. Cycle 3: Given the lining issue and weaker Clomid response from the prior month, switched to injectables (Gonal-F). I asked about Femara instead, but Dr. Miller suggested that although it is helpful in women who don't ovulate, since I ovulate every month anyway, we needed a treatment that would produce multiple follicles, which Femara typically doesn't. Anyway, early ultrasounds showed a ton of follicles developing, so we backed my dose way down. Ended up with 4 or so good follicles, but cycle failed. Cycle 4: Initial fast reaction to injectables left me with several cysts. Benched 3-4 weeks on birth control to let those shrink. Cycle 5: IVF cycle. Antagonist protocol, with (relatively low dose, after the injectables) Gonal-F, Ganirelix, and a combined Lupron + hCG trigger since I was already retaining fluid even on the injectables cycle. 13 follicles retrieved, 12 mature, 9 fertilized, 6 day 5/6 blastocysts. Single embryo fresh transfer due to my age and diagnosis, other 5 were frozen with no PGS. Currently 7 months pregnant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Nora Miller at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Most of my costs were insured, so I paid for copays and embryo freezing only.
For my age and an unexplained diagnosis, Dr. Miller strongly recommended a single embryo transfer, and I believe that is her typical practice unless there is a strong reason to choose otherwise. I was definitely on board with this.
Nora Miller
Greenwich
It's inevitable that you won't always see the same doctor because they operate more than one location. As a result some of my key procedures [at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center] were performed by other doctors, all of whom I was meeting for the first time during the procedure. While that was frustrating, I've been told it's standard at all the clinics. Most of the doctors were great. There is one that has a terrible bedside manner, although i'm told he's an excellent technical doctor. Having him perform a procedure isn't a bad thing knowing that he's very good at what he does, you'll just need to call Dr. Brauer later to get the information (and compassion) you're looking for.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
It's inevitable that you won't always see the same doctor because they operate more than one location. As a result some of my key procedures were performed by other doctors, all of whom I was meeting for the first time during the procedure. While that was frustrating, I've been told it's standard at all the clinics. Most of the doctors were great. There is one that has a terrible bedside manner, although i'm told he's an excellent technical doctor. Having him perform a procedure isn't a bad thing knowing that he's very good at what he does, you'll just need to call Dr. Brauer later to get the information (and compassion) you're looking for.
The office was wonderful. The nurses were all quick to share their own stories as a means of reassuring me of the probability of success. Dr Brauer was always quick to return a call or see me whenever i needed to come in. Her bedside manner put me totally at ease. She communicated all steps in the process in our first meeting and at every step reassured me that this will work- and she was right!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Kate)
The entire staff was fantastic. They are always asking how I feel and offering advice on how to cope with the side effects of treatment. I never had to call and chase anyone. They called when they said they would and always gave results promptly and with full details. They were happy to sit down and go through all the financials and review our insurance coverage. The entire office made the process as easy as it could be.
I really felt that Dr Brauer was personally invested in getting me pregnant. She hugged me before the retrieval and again after the positive pregnancy test. She shared details of her own story that put me at ease and allayed my fears. We had a very straight forward and successful IVF, but her upbeat attitude told me that even if we had a setback she'd have a plan b and another path to success.
Working with her office means taking some appointments with other doctors in the practice and they do not all have her bedside manner.
I had a 100% tubal blockage after a ruptured appendix and subsequent abdominal infection. There was no discussion of IUI or other treatment options. I began with 10ish days of birth control, then began a stimulation cycle of gonal and medipure. I had an hcg trigger, a successful retrieval of 11 eggs, which developed into 9 initial embroys and four 5 day embryos. We transferred one fresh embryo and froze the other 3 for the future. The transfer was successful and i am now 9 weeks pregnant.
The office feels very private. There were rarely more than 1 or 2 other people in the waiting room when I was there. I rarely waited more than 10 minutes to be seen and once they called me to say the Dr. was running behind and to come later. They didn't want me to sit in the waiting room for an hour so they let me reschedule for later the same day which I really appreciated. Monitoring was fast and I expected it to be a bigger time burden than it really was.
I believe the total cost was close to $20,000 (including drugs, copays, egg storage, etc), but fortunately our insurance coverage was substantial and our out of pocket was less than $5,000.
2012 - 2013
I felt as though the nursing staff [at Greenwich Fertility] was very caring, however the doctor [Dr Witt] was a bit impersonal. It felt like he was doing things "by the book" rather than really evaluating what might be wrong and making adjustments every cycle to try and achieve a success...Strengths were scheduling--they definitely made an effort to get you in at the appropriate time, and had convenient early morning hours to not interfere with work. They do not have a "no children in the waiting room" policy, so you will sometimes encounter couples trying for their second or third that bring in a toddler. That can be upsetting if you are coming in for a follow-up after a negative cycle. One major weakness is the insurance/billing department. They always had trouble coordinating with my insurance to get prior authorizations, even when told well in advance that I would need authorization for medications. We were also still receiving bills for procedures a year after stopping treatments because they were slow to bill insurance.
2012 - 2013
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
I felt as though the nursing staff was very caring, however the doctor was a bit impersonal. It felt like he was doing things "by the book" rather than really evaluating what might be wrong and making adjustments every cycle to try and achieve a success.
Nursing staff was very warm and competent. Pros at doing blood draws, even with my tiny, difficult veins. Waiting for afternoon results was a bit anxiety provoking because they always called right before close of business and then if a medication change had to be made it could be difficult to get the mail order pharmacy on the phone.
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Dr. Witt had a very neutral, almost dispassionate, approach to my care. Whenever I met with him, he was very clinical and blunt about the odds of successful pregnancy. I did not feel confident that he was really recommending the best course of treatment or attempting to narrow down my specific infertility problems in order to address them.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Do your research ahead of time and go in to every appointment with a list of questions. Don't be afraid to question what the doctor is recommending and make suggestions for more testing or a different course of treatment.
Describe the protocols Barry Witt used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
First cycle was clomid only. Ultrasound showed two good follicles and we were instructed on appropriate timing of intercourse. Second cycle was clomid and IUI with trigger shot. Follicle development was good again. Third and fourth cycles were with Follistim injections plus trigger shot. On third cycle, IUI was cancelled due to too many mature follicles (high risk for multiples). On fourth cycle, IUI was completed. All cycles were unsuccessful. We were then told that our best chance for pregnancy was IVF, but that was still only about a 10% likelihood of success each cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
We only did procedures covered by insurance, so costs were fairly minimal. We spent about $1500 total in the first year, when we had an insurance deductible.
Greenwich
Nice offices [Greenwich Fert ] and convenient location for those living in souther Fairfield County. There are a few different doctors in this practice so I would do some research to determine who might be the best fit for you if you decide to go with this clinic...Organized, detailed and caring. And reachable which is important to mention and can be difficult at some of the larger clinics. One nurse went above and beyond and allowed me to come in so she could do my trigger shot since I messed up the timing a bit and totally panicked. Love her for that!
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Nice offices and convenient location for those living in souther Fairfield County. There are a few different doctors in this practice so I would do some research to determine who might be the best fit for you if you decide to go with this clinic.
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Dr. Witt was well informed and very candid which I appreciated. But I didn't feel he was the best to deal with a more challenging situation like mine. I was looking for a little more aggressive approach. He didn't give me much hope and was very numbers/stats focused.
He would be a great doctor for certain situations just didn't feel right for mine. I would suggest they carefully consider their specific challenges and his specific areas of expertise and what types of cases he typically treats.
Antagonist stimulation protocol. 150 Menopur and 150 Follistim. 2 follicles only, cancelled IVF cycle and did IUI. Resulted in chemical pregnancy.
I never completed a retrieval with Dr. Witt but the costs were very fair, if not less than what I've seen in NYC. He also accepts a few insurance plans if you're lucky enough to have coverage.
2004 - 2010
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
Dr Witt and his team was compassionate and you felt like you were his only patient.
2004 - 2010
2 IUI, 2 IVF, Egg Freezing, Donor Eggs
Endometriosis, Poor Egg Quality
The nursing staff were always compassionate and willing to listen as well. I felt they were my friends.
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Dr. Witt was amazing. I felt comfortable and safe with him. He was always available, ALWAYS. He came in on a Sunday to perform a sonogram after I had pains when he easily could have waited till Monday. I appreciate everything he did for me and I have two beautiful children because of him.
Meet him and you will choose him as your Doctor.
I do not remember the overall strategy used for my infertility. It was general enough to be very similar to other women I was speaking with who were going through the same treatments with other doctors.
I do not remember the specific costs. My egg retrievals were covered by insurance. The donor retrievals were not.
Greenwich
The nurses always called right before they closed for the day, so if they didn't call, I had to page a doctor for results, which is less than ideal. Also if I missed a call and the voicemail they left was unclear about anything, I again would have to page a doctor given how late in the day they would call.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Very personal bedside manner, always had separate appointments after failed procedures to discuss next steps, good about knowing persoanl details and following up on prior discussions
Very personable and generally very helpful in accommodating schedules.
What specific things went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
How was your experience with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Overall a good doctor. Still definitely just starting out her practice and a bit cautious (very inclined to try less invasive procedures for longer than others). With time and experience, expect her to be fantastic.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Be clear about what you want to achieve and how aggressive you want to be with your treatment
Laura Meyer