Selling medication is not offered

115 Main Street
Tuckahoe, NY 10707
914-793-2990

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
Dr Meyer took her time explaining the treatment plans and asking me how I felt about things moving forward. At times I felt she opted for the absolute most conservative approach, sometimes costing me months while waiting.... Antagonist protocol was used every time I cycled, with the best result the first time, average dose, yield 3 embryos. Turns out I am a poor responder (with diminished ovarian reserve). Dr opted to increase meds to max dose for 2 additional cycles with very poor results.
It felt at times like a processing plant with high volumes of women passing through the dated waiting room [at Greenwich Fertility]. I wish I had done more research before choosing the clinic I would end up spending years with. I went local as I didn’t anticipate I would need as much help as I did. At times I felt like I wasn’t being listened to as an informed client. And the fact only one type of protocol was used in my case leads me to believe I could have saved years of treatment and could have had success sooner with more a appropriate protocol somewhere else. I ultimately ended up going elsewhere and had success with the first cycle on a new protocol (micro-dose lupron).
How was your experience with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Be active in the direction of care you want to receive. Research your diagnoses and come to the table informed of ALL your options. Just because a clinic suggests one course of action doesn’t mean you need to accept it. At times I felt like I was being directed in a manner I wouldn’t have chosen had I been more informed. There are multiple protocols, make sure the dr is open minded to trying multiple till you find something that works for your body.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
The volume of patients makes it difficult to feel like your treatment is a priority. Bedside manner and time taken to address concerns made me feel more connected
Describe the protocols Laura Meyer used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Cathy)
Nurses were the best part of this clinics staff- they were kind and conscientious and seems to always have my best interests at heart.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
It felt at times like a processing plant with high volumes of women passing through the dated waiting room. I wish I had done more research before choosing the clinic I would end up spending years with. I went local as I didn’t anticipate I would need as much help as I did. At times I felt like I wasn’t being listened to as an informed client. And the fact only one type of protocol was used in my case leads me to believe I could have saved years of treatment and could have had success sooner with more a appropriate protocol somewhere else. I ultimately ended up going elsewhere and had success with the first cycle on a new protocol (micro-dose lupron).
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Cattle call with a full waiting room. Gina, the receptionist was always pleasant.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Laura Meyer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
I used all my insurance with dr Meyer and had to pay out of pocket for genetic screening, some additional procedures. Copay added up over time and I think the all in cost I had in addition to my “life-time allowance” with insurance was about 10k
Describe Laura Meyer's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Dr would only do single transfer, regardless of my asking to transfer 2 embryos.
Laura Meyer
Greenwich

Dr. Brauer is confident and backed by credentials. I appreciate her directness and ability to be aggressive. But for me, I felt like my diagnosis and treatment was all following a protocol without a real consideration for my unique situation and reaction to meds. I've gone through each cycle with a lot of doubt about it actually working... and as someone paying 100% out of pocket, it is a tough decision to continue coming back without the confidence that Dr. Brauer is considering me, specifically, as a patient.
[Greenwich Fertility's] Strengths: Easy to schedule appointments, online portal with all test results Weaknesses: rotating doctors and nurses, the only time you can speak with your doctor is to make a follow up appointment, otherwise you will speak through a nurse, and when you speak with a nurse (not necessarily one who knows your situation), hours are M-F, 7:30am-5pm only...Each interaction is brief and because of the way the clinic is managed, half the time you will see a different doctor anyway. The other doctors prefer you ask questions to 'your doctor', which ultimately means speaking with a nurse.
How was your experience with Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Don't be afraid to keep pushing back and asking questions, even if Dr. Brauer acts like your question is silly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
My diagnosis was very generic, without much interest in root cause. I felt like she was just interested in prescribing the same course of treatment for everyone. Each interaction is brief and because of the way the clinic is managed, half the time you will see a different doctor anyway. The other doctors prefer you ask questions to 'your doctor', which ultimately means speaking with a nurse.
Describe the protocols Anate Aelion Brauer used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
Dr. Brauer used very standard protocols to induce ovulation. She started me with Clomid + Ovidrel + IUI + endometrin. Then, because my lining was thin switched me to letrozole + Ovidrel + IUI + endometrin. When I asked to try a timed intercourse cycle, she only recommended letrezol because "I would ovulate on my own" (which I didn't) we also used 1mg Estradiol to improve my lining, starting when my follicles were &gt;14mm. In that final cycle I never ovulated and she recommended I consider IVF. None resulted in pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
There were two nurses I really liked (Molly and Alisa), the others were cold and rude to me. The nurses appeared to rotate along with the doctors, so I never knew which nurse I would see.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Anate Aelion Brauer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
About $3500 for an IUI cycle. $4500 for my failed cycle with extra monitoring.
Anate Aelion Brauer
Greenwich

I'm curently pregnant with a, "non viable" pregnancy. She [Dr. Nora Miller] hasn't checked in once and said I will probably need a methotrexate shot- very cold, very unkind. I was even in the hospital over all of this...Rarely followed up, her nurses did everything including my medical regiment. She spews statistics with no humanistic feel for the patient and for the arduous process IVF actually is.
They [Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center] have a cookie -cutter approach to their hormone regimen- I was getting violently ill from the excessive estrogen I was using and was told over and over that it's not the medicine causing my issues...Disorganized- there is no real flow and call backs for labs are a nightmare... Kate was going through a pregnancy, didn't show me how to take my meds, mix my meds or anything...Lehigh (spelling) was amazing, but I didn't have her till the end. Petra- not sure if she was an RN, did all my labs was a ray of sunshine
How was your experience with Nora Miller at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
As the wife of a physician I can say that Dr. miller is by no means a stupid woman. That being said- my husband and I both feel very disrespected by her. I don't feel that she has any care in the world about the hell that we women go through in this process, and one call after hours, such as before an embryo transfer, would go a long way in garnering trust and respect. The fact that we have now burned through 3 prime embryos makes her even tougher to defend. I came into this excited to start my family and after all the ups and downs with her I dread continuing this process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Nora Miller at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Really think if you are ok with a hand off Dr that is only concerned with a successful single embryo transfer. I wish someone would have given me a heads up about this place before we continued this process to continual failure. I'm curently pregnant with a, "non viable" pregnancy. She hasn't checked in once and said I will probably need a methotrexate shot- very cold, very unkind. I was even in the hospital over all of this.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Nora Miller at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Describe the protocols Nora Miller used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
They have a cookie -cutter approach to their hormone regimen- I was getting violently ill from the excessive estrogen I was using and was told over and over that it's not the medicine causing my issues. Me and my husband were so furious with her re: my vision fluctuation and my generally feeling terrrible that he came to the office and demanded she show us my lab work. To her surprise, my estrogen jumped up and down and I still had to increase my dosage without having bloodwork first. She told me I "should see an ophthalmologist re: my eye problems" when my husband is clearly an ophthalmologist. The first run per the cookie cutter hand out in was 1 mg 2d a day.. increasing to 3 mg 2 a day. Second round she kept me on 1mg twice a day- I strongly believe my first cycle failed because the inconsistency of my estrogen and my body was not longer a safe environment for my embryo.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center. (Assigned nurse: Kate/Lehigh/random full ins)
Kate was going through a pregnancy, didn't show me how to take my meds, mix my meds or anything. Lehigh (spelling) was amazing, but I didn't have her till the end. Petra- not sure if she was an RN, did all my labs was a ray of sunshine
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Weakness- cold( in call Dr told me there wasn't a chance I had a viable pregnancy with my betas- I only had two) Disorganized- there is no real flow and call backs for labs are a nightmare. I called to get results at 11:30, I was told dr miller would call me back in 10-20 min, I had no call till 3.36 pm
Courtney is great, very kind and I think that's why people see it as a warm welcoming clinic.
Describe Nora Miller's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
She holds very strong on selective embryo transfer- spouts statistics, and tells you all the risks- I think it was more scare tactics, even citing high risk of cerebral Palsy with twins- she won't transfer two first round, especially on PGS tested embryos. ( my first transfer was a fail)
What specific things went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
I asked for a letter stating I can't travel for a work trip to Costa Rica because of Zika- said it was coming, and I ended up getting in trouble with work because the note came in a month late( mind you I had to go in and get it) Dr miller claimed it was all three PGA tested embryos that had the issue, not let's figure out what we can do different.
Nora Miller
2012 - 2013, Unsuccessful
Dr. Witt had a very neutral, almost dispassionate, approach to my care. Whenever I met with him, he was very clinical and blunt about the odds of successful pregnancy. I did not feel confident that he was really recommending the best course of treatment or attempting to narrow down my specific infertility problems in order to address them...It felt like he was doing things "by the book" rather than really evaluating what might be wrong and making adjustments every cycle to try and achieve a success.
I felt as though the nursing staff [at Greenwich Fertility] was very caring, however the doctor [Dr Witt] was a bit impersonal. It felt like he was doing things "by the book" rather than really evaluating what might be wrong and making adjustments every cycle to try and achieve a success...Strengths were scheduling--they definitely made an effort to get you in at the appropriate time, and had convenient early morning hours to not interfere with work. They do not have a "no children in the waiting room" policy, so you will sometimes encounter couples trying for their second or third that bring in a toddler. That can be upsetting if you are coming in for a follow-up after a negative cycle. One major weakness is the insurance/billing department. They always had trouble coordinating with my insurance to get prior authorizations, even when told well in advance that I would need authorization for medications. We were also still receiving bills for procedures a year after stopping treatments because they were slow to bill insurance.
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
Do your research ahead of time and go in to every appointment with a list of questions. Don't be afraid to question what the doctor is recommending and make suggestions for more testing or a different course of treatment.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
I felt as though the nursing staff was very caring, however the doctor was a bit impersonal. It felt like he was doing things "by the book" rather than really evaluating what might be wrong and making adjustments every cycle to try and achieve a success.
Describe the protocols Barry Witt used in your cycles at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center and their degree of success.
First cycle was clomid only. Ultrasound showed two good follicles and we were instructed on appropriate timing of intercourse. Second cycle was clomid and IUI with trigger shot. Follicle development was good again. Third and fourth cycles were with Follistim injections plus trigger shot. On third cycle, IUI was cancelled due to too many mature follicles (high risk for multiples). On fourth cycle, IUI was completed. All cycles were unsuccessful. We were then told that our best chance for pregnancy was IVF, but that was still only about a 10% likelihood of success each cycle.
Nursing staff was very warm and competent. Pros at doing blood draws, even with my tiny, difficult veins. Waiting for afternoon results was a bit anxiety provoking because they always called right before close of business and then if a medication change had to be made it could be difficult to get the mail order pharmacy on the phone.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
We only did procedures covered by insurance, so costs were fairly minimal. We spent about $1500 total in the first year, when we had an insurance deductible.
What specific things went wrong at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
I had a lot of trouble dealing with the insurance department in getting prior authorization for medication. They seemed to have a blase attitude to the process, but these are expensive drugs and I was not in a position to pay out of pocket. They did fail to call with results a few times, but I was careful to watch the clock and call them before closing.
Barry Witt
Greenwich

Dr. Witt was well informed and very candid which I appreciated. But I didn't feel he was the best to deal with a more challenging situation like mine. I was looking for a little more aggressive approach. He didn't give me much hope and was very numbers/stats focused....He would be a great doctor for certain situations just didn't feel right for mine. I would suggest they carefully consider their specific challenges and his specific areas of expertise
Nice offices [Greenwich Fert ] and convenient location for those living in souther Fairfield County. There are a few different doctors in this practice so I would do some research to determine who might be the best fit for you if you decide to go with this clinic...Organized, detailed and caring. And reachable which is important to mention and can be difficult at some of the larger clinics. One nurse went above and beyond and allowed me to come in so she could do my trigger shot since I messed up the timing a bit and totally panicked. Love her for that!
How was your experience with Barry Witt at Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center?
He would be a great doctor for certain situations just didn't feel right for mine. I would suggest they carefully consider their specific challenges and his specific areas of expertise and what types of cases he typically treats.
Antagonist stimulation protocol. 150 Menopur and 150 Follistim. 2 follicles only, cancelled IVF cycle and did IUI. Resulted in chemical pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Greenwich Fertility and IVF Center.
Nice offices and convenient location for those living in souther Fairfield County. There are a few different doctors in this practice so I would do some research to determine who might be the best fit for you if you decide to go with this clinic.
I never completed a retrieval with Dr. Witt but the costs were very fair, if not less than what I've seen in NYC. He also accepts a few insurance plans if you're lucky enough to have coverage.
Barry Witt