Gyn & Fert Specialists

Genetic counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAcupuncture is not offered: Not OfferedMental health counseling is not offered: Not OfferedNutrition counseling is not offered: Not OfferedAdministration of shots: OfferedCoordinating at-home nursing is not offered: Not OfferedSelling medication is not offered: Not OfferedProviding backup medication is not offered: Not Offered
5673 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd
Atlanta, GA 30342
404-851-9300
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Gyn & Fert Specialists to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 210
1 doctor
Endometriosis, PCOS
The strengths are that they [Gyn & Fert Specialists] always fit you in when needed. They call with results right away when they have them. They also work with me with payments with certain procedures. The only weakness I can think of one time a receptionist read me my results giving me false information. Other than that I enjoy going there and everyone is so nice....She [nurse] was always available when I would call and very patient whenever I asked for further detail with medications and procedures.
Endometriosis, PCOS
Describe your experience with Gyn & Fert Specialists.
The strengths are that they always fit you in when needed. They call with results right away when they have them. They also work with me with payments with certain procedures. The only weakness I can think of one time a receptionist read me my results giving me false information. Other than that I enjoy going there and everyone is so nice. The clinic is called GYN & Fertility Speciliast of Atlanta not Ga Repro specialists. Accidental clicked on that one
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Magdi M. Hanafi at Gyn & Fert Specialists?
They greet me by name when I go see him. They are very encouraging and supportive of my goals. They are also very sympathetic when the procedure do not works.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gyn & Fert Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Kayleigh )
She was always available when I would call and very patient whenever I asked for further detail with medications and procedures. She always gave me my results within a timely manner. She is very compassionate when I am down due to procedures not working.
What specific things went wrong at Gyn & Fert Specialists?
How was your experience with Magdi M. Hanafi at Gyn & Fert Specialists?
He is very thorough when explaining treatment, medications, side effects and procedures. He follows up with me regularly outside of the office and is always available when I have concerns or questions.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Magdi M. Hanafi at Gyn & Fert Specialists?
Listen and take notes and if you have questions don’t be afraid to ask. He has a good sense of humor which is helpful through the process.
Describe the protocols Magdi M. Hanafi used in your cycles at Gyn & Fert Specialists and their degree of success.
I used clomid at first to stimulate ovulation in which I did not respond to. He then tried Femara which I have responded to every cycle. He prescribed me metformin to assist with PCOS. I have undergone surgery to clean out my ovaries, Fallopian tubes and uterus. He removed a septum in my uterus as well. I have also had 2 HSG dye tests to check for blockages since the surgery. No major blockages have shown on X-ray once the dye has passed through. I have completed 3 cycles of IUI in which neither have taken. Our option at this time is to continue trying more cycles. We would love to do IVF if it will be an option financially
Describe the costs associated with your care under Magdi M. Hanafi at Gyn & Fert Specialists.
I have had to pay for trigger shots which are $150 and the IUI procedures which were $320. I have had to pay for the progesterone suppositories which were $60 for 3 month supply. They filed my insurance for ultrasounds, blood work and office visits.
Describe Magdi M. Hanafi's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Gyn & Fert Specialists.
I have not had these procedures
Magdi M. Hanafi
2010 - 2016
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
[Gyn & Fert Specialists] Strengths: Quality care - that why I keep going back. Weakness: The parking and wait time can sometimes be an issue... Everyone knows your name and they make you feel like you are family. Dr. Hanafi doesn't give up no matter what...
2010 - 2016
Black or African-American, Other
PCOS, Uterine Fibroids, Unexplained
Describe your experience with Gyn & Fert Specialists.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Gyn & Fert Specialists. (Assigned nurse: Beth)
How was your experience with Magdi M. Hanafi at Gyn & Fert Specialists?
Dr. Hanafi is funny, smart, a hard worker and cares about your health.
Excellent doctor and I have friends who have gotten pregnant off referrals from me hopefully this will be my time ...
I guess it would depend on your insurance.
Magdi M. Hanafi