7.1

1250 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169
230 Worcester Street
Wellesley, MA 02481

Dr. Obasiolu is great at providing answers when asked but was not always forthcoming about information or statistics...In preparing for FETs, I was prescribed Estrace in increasing doses and progesterone in oil. For my second IVF egg retrieval, my dose of Gonal-f was increased...My doctor, in conjunction with my maternal fetal medicine specialist, advised against multiple embryo transfers due to my high risk pregnancy status. As we have used PGS/PGD, the best quality embryos were selected for transfer. First transfer failed, still waiting on the second one.
Overall, things with my doctor's office [Harvard Vanguard] went smoothly. However, getting information on my PGD/PGS testing results was a battle, particularly the first time. I knew that the genetics lab had completed its testing and the results were in but had a very difficult time getting that information from my doctor's office, which was incredibly frustrating because we only had one embryo and I wanted to know if we could go forward with a transfer.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
I really like Dr. Obasiolu and feel that he is competent and informed about infertility diagnoses and treatments. I have a genetic condition that requires PGD/PGS testing of embryos and felt that he explained that process very well. He is very good about answering any questions asked. My biggest issue (and one that is perhaps not unique to Dr. Obasiolu) is that I feel he was not upfront or forthcoming about success rates with IVF. With my first egg retrieval, I had 11 eggs retrieved but only 6 were mature and only 1 made it to day 5. I was shocked and extremely disappointed that only 1 of the 11 retrieved fertilized and grew to a day 5. Luckily, that was normal with PGD/PGS testing but it did not result in a successful pregnancy. When discussing the transfer, I asked what the odds of success were with transferring a healthy and genetically normal embryo and was told about 40%. I know these aren't numbers that people want to hear and are not unique to me but I wish the doctor had been more candid about the chances of success because I felt really let down at every step in this process.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Ask questions! Dr. Obasiolu is great at providing answers when asked but was not always forthcoming about information or statistics.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Obasiolu sees a lot of patients, particularly after Dr. Jill Attaman left the Harvard Vanguard practice and he absorbed many of her patients. I feel that he cares about me as a person and as a patient and frequently takes the time to review my chart and information before an appointment, which allows us to move forward instead of reviewing old information, which I appreciated.
Describe the protocols Charles Obasiolu used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Because I suffer from migraines with aura, I was started on Estradiol patches before proceeding with my IVF cycles. Both times I started with Menopur and Gonal-F pens, then adding Cetrotide as an antagonist. In preparing for FETs, I was prescribed Estrace in increasing doses and progesterone in oil. For my second IVF egg retrieval, my dose of Gonal-f was increased and my nurse recommended adding CoQu10 to help with egg quality, which seemed to work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine French )
Christine French is far and away the best part about working with HVMA's fertility department. She is exceptionally kind, impressively knowledgeable and a fantastic resource for her patients. She always went out of her way to be helpful, to answer any questions and to provide a shoulder to cry on when needed. This journey has not been an easy or successful one for me and she has been my rock at the doctor's office. The other nurses, particularly Tracy, are very kind and helpful. Scheduling can be a challenge but nothing worse than other doctors' offices.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
My fertility clinic experience is a little bit different as the majority of my treatment was done through my primary care physician's medical group, Harvard Vanguard, but my IVF procedures (egg retrieval, FET) were done at Boston IVF. This set up provides its own unique challenges, with my insurance company dealing with multiple entities, including genetics lab Igenomix. If my insurance allowed, I would keep all of my care, monitoring and procedures in one place because it can be a bit overwhelming.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard.
I am incredibly lucky that Massachusetts mandates insurance coverage for fertility treatment when certain conditions are met. That being said, co-pays and out of pocket expenses add up very quickly. In addition, despite my genetic testing being pre-approved, I continue to fight with my insurance company for reimbursement for $13,000 in PGS/PGD testing expenses. Fertility medications under my insurance were about $1,000 for egg retrieval medications and $200 for FET medications. There were also co-pays for all diagnostic testing such as HSGs, hysteroscopies and sonohysterograms.
Describe Charles Obasiolu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Overall, things with my doctor's office went smoothly. However, getting information on my PGD/PGS testing results was a battle, particularly the first time. I knew that the genetics lab had completed its testing and the results were in but had a very difficult time getting that information from my doctor's office, which was incredibly frustrating because we only had one embryo and I wanted to know if we could go forward with a transfer.
Quincy

Dr. Skiadas turned my retrieval protocol on its head, using Gonal-f and microdose Lupron with a 37 hour HCG trigger, each twice daily. I had daily monitoring and my doses were adjusted frequently. Because of my good response to this protocol, Dr. Skiadas had concerns for OHSS so she added in Cabergoline and Cetrotide post-retrieval, which was very effective... has been informed and up to date on all of my treatment and results during my appointments with her. I felt that she carefully put together an IVF retrieval protocol that was tailored to me. Although most of my telephone contact has been with her nurses, Liz and Caitlin, I have always felt both that the nursing staff had spoken to Dr. Skiadas and also that were very familiar with my case.
HVMA has multiple locations throughout Massachusetts, with two labs open on weekends. Although this can be a good thing, only one location is really convenient for me and I sometimes found it difficult to get early weekday ultrasound appointments at my location because it seems to be a popular site. If you have an inflexible work schedule this can be a challenge. Also, bloodwork needs to be done prior to 8:45 a.m. to allow the specimens to be picked up by courier.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Although I have not been seeing Dr. Skiadas that long, I have been incredibly impressed with her. Having been through two previous egg retrievals and three failed transfers of PGD/PGS tested embryos, I feel that she worked really hard to put together a new protocol with aggressive monitoring that, so far, has yielded positive results. It was very clear to me that, prior to our initial appointment, she had carefully reviewed my previous cycles and results to find new treatment or tweaks. I had lots of questions about how to do things differently and different tests we could try and she took the time to fully respond to all questions that my husband and I had. She was very supportive of my desire to do some outside testing. Dr. Skiadas explained all of the risks and odds of success at each step of the process, something that I felt in the dark about prior to meeting with her. Although I really liked my previous doctor, I never felt truly informed about important factors to me, such as the rate of fertilization with ICSI, how many embryos can be expected to make it to biopsy, etc. Dr. Skiadas provided me with all of the information I was looking.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Skiadas seems to be a very popular doctor so make sure to always schedule a follow up appointment right away. So far I have to say that the initial delay in seeing her has been worth it!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Skiadas has been informed and up to date on all of my treatment and results during my appointments with her. I felt that she carefully put together an IVF retrieval protocol that was tailored to me. Although most of my telephone contact has been with her nurses, Liz and Caitlin, I have always felt both that the nursing staff had spoken to Dr. Skiadas and also that were very familiar with my case.
Describe the protocols Christine Skiadas used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Liz and Caitlin)
Caitlin and Liz are the doctor's primary nurses and they are both excellent. Whenever I called with a question or concern, I received a prompt call back. They both also did an excellent job of keeping me informed throughout the retrieval cycle, which decreased my stress and anxiety. I have always been impressed with the Harvard Vanguard nursing staff, including the incomparable Chris.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard.
Luckily, my insurance covers most of my fertility care and treatment so I paid co-pays for office visits, procedures and medications after meeting my deductible. I did not have to pay for monitoring bloodwork or ultrasounds. I paid out of pocket for PGD/PGS testing through Igenomix ($6k - $9k per time for both).
Boston

[Dr. Kovalevsky] was always kind, patient, and thorough, answering all of our questions. He even called me himself once or twice...took the time to explain his recommendations as to how we should proceed and why, which I appreciated. When our 2nd IUI failed, he called us to come in and discussed in person why he felt IVF was a better route for us at this point. I am glad we listened. He was confident that we would get a good number of eggs and he was right. He also explained what we should expect, and I felt prepared about everything going into the IVF cycle.
All the communication [at Harvard Vanguard] is done by calling, although they do have the online system, it was always better to call. Sometimes there were long waits before I could speak to someone. On the positive side, I was always able to get in for appointments when I needed to and was able to go to other locations if I needed to be there on the weekend. Someone always called me back pretty quickly...All of the nurses were great. There were 4 and I felt we really got to know each other during all my time there. I was sad to leave my team when it was time to change to OB! Chris is awesome. I also loved the ultrasound tech ladies! I hope they are still there when we go back for baby number 2!
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr K took the time to explain his recommendations as to how we should proceed and why, which I appreciated. When our 2nd IUI failed, he called us to come in and discussed in person why he felt IVF was a better route for us at this point. I am glad we listened. He was confident that we would get a good number of eggs and he was right. He also explained what we should expect, and I felt prepared about everything going into the IVF cycle.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Don't be afraid to ask him lots of questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr K was always kind, patient, and thorough, answering all of our questions. He even called me himself once or twice, when usually it's just the nurses.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
We started with 2 rounds of timed intercourse using clomid, both resulting in negative pregnancy tests. On the third try, we changed to femera and IUI, which resulted in a positive pregnancy test, but unfortunately ended in early miscarriage. On the 4th try, we repeated the same treatment, although Dr. K expressed IVF was a better option. However, we felt since it "worked" with IUI it could work again, so wanted to try that one more time. When that didn't work, Dr. K called us to come in and explained again that IVF would be a better route for us. So we agreed. We had to take a month off, but it was smooth sailing after that. Dr. K monitored how I was reacting to meds and adjusted accordingly. Because I ended up with 29 eggs retrieved and high estrogen levels, Dr K wanted to do a "Freeze all cycle" to improve our chances of implantation/transfer success. Again we had to take a month off, but then I had an easy protocol for the transfer. It was femera, a trigger shot, then a week later did the transfer. I asked Dr K if I could avoid the PIO shots and we did crinone (progesterone) suppositories instead. The transfer procedure went well, but it was not performed by Dr K. (The doctors rotate at our clinic for actual procedures)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine French)
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
All the communication is done by calling, although they do have the online system, it was always better to call. Sometimes there were long waits before I could speak to someone. On the positive side, I was always able to get in for appointments when I needed to and was able to go to other locations if I needed to be there on the weekend. Someone always called me back pretty quickly.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard.
We had a high deductible insurance plan, so we paid for everything out of pocket until we hit that amount. Then everything was covered. We have a lifetime max fertility policy of up to $25k.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Dr K felt we should do a single embryo transfer and gave his reasons for wanting to do so (although I can't recall them all now), but he felt strongly about it so we agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Early on, they found a cyst on my left ovary. It took a few months before anyone told me it was actually an endometrioma. Had I known that fact, I may have chosen to get surgery to remove it or move straight to IVF as opposed to doing those 2 IUIs. I do not blame Dr K, as he wasn't with the practice yet when that occurred.
George Kovalevsky
Burlington

Dr. Skiadas was caring and compassionate. She tried hard to find a solution to my infertility. Her suggested treatments seemed aggressive and she adjusted treatment appropriately when my first retrieval with her resulted in none of the embryos being fertilized. She did all the tests that I read about that should be done that some doctors shy away from...I was allowed to transfer 2 embryos if it was a fresh transfer, but only 1 for genetically tested embryos.
[Harvard Vanguard clinic] Strengths: - multiple locations - nice nurses - associated with major hospitals - monthly doctor meetings in which tough cases are discussed to get other doctor's opinions Weaknesses: - since it is so big, sometimes I felt like a number versus a human...Genetic testing was not covered and was 3,300 for 7 to 8 embryos. My husband needed some sperm testing that wasn't covered by insurance and that was $600.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Do research on your own to make sure you are comfortable with the recommended treatment plan.
Dr. Skiadas was very caring and really tried hard to find a solution to my infertility. One thing I really liked about her is that she was understanding that I had a full time job so we did a few calls to discuss options versus me having to take time off of work to meet her in the office. This was very different than the previous doctor who made me feel like a number and would make me come to Burlington while I was working in city to speak with her about something that could have been done over the phone.
I don't remember, but I do know that I reacted very well to the medicines.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They were very responsive and caring.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Most was covered by insurance so no costs to me out of pocket. Genetic testing was not covered and was 3,300 for 7 to 8 embryos. My husband needed some sperm testing that wasn't covered by insurance and that was $600.
Describe Christine Skiadas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
All of my interactions with Dr. Skiadas...have been positive...Dr. Skiadas is clearly knowledgeable, compassionate, and understanding. I have chosen to try to become a mother on my own (SMC) and have never felt anything but support from her. Her approach has been clear and honest, and progressive relative to what has happened...for the most part my interactions have not been directly with Dr. Skiadas but rather with the nurses.
All of my interactions with Dr. Skiadas, the nurses, and the medical team have been positive. However, Harvard Vanguard is a big operation and can, at times, feel like a machine. There are definite (for me) upsides to that in terms of ease of scheduling (for US, for IUI, etc.) and convenience of multiple locations. ...The nurses have also been very available to answer questions... They have always been warm, professional, and thorough. But if you want a more one on one experience or a lot of time with your physician this may not be the practice for you.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Skiadas is clearly knowledgeable, compassionate, and understanding. I have chosen to try to become a mother on my own (SMC) and have never felt anything but support from her. Her approach has been clear and honest, and progressive relative to what has happened. Again, while I have primarily interacted with the nurses and other members of the medical team, rather than Dr. Skiadas, that hasn't troubled me and so far the convenience offered by the large practice has been a plus.
Because of the nature of the practice, and the opportunities to interact with Dr. Skiadas directly tend to be more limited, I would recommend being prepared to ask all your questions in those consultations if it's important for you to get answers from your RE. The nurses have also been very available to answer questions, but some patients may feel strongly about communicating directly with their physician.
All of my interactions with Dr. Skiadas, the nurses, and the medical team have been positive. However, Harvard Vanguard is a big operation and can, at times, feel like a machine. There are definite (for me) upsides to that in terms of ease of scheduling (for US, for IUI, etc.) and convenience of multiple locations. The size also means that you're one of many patients and so for the most part my interactions have not been directly with Dr. Skiadas but rather with the nurses. Personally, that hasn't bothered me. I feel like I have always been able to get questions answered and the team is responsive. And when I have had interactions with Dr. Skiadas she is warm, clear, and straightforward.
Dr. Skiadas' plan and preference was to do three natural cycles of IUI. The first cycle I did was completely natural and I had a short luteal phase and early period (less than two weeks post-insemination). After that, Dr. Skiadas added a progesterone suppository to the next IUI to help maintain a pregnancy if indeed fertilization and insemination happened. IUI's 2 and 3 were natural, and 2 was with a trigger shot. The 4th was with Clomid and a trigger shot and progesterone, the 5th (due to a cyst being present) was unmedicated but with trigger and progesterone. And the 6th was with Clomid, a trigger shot, and progesterone. Cycles 1-5 did not produce a pregnancy. I am currently in Cycle 6.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Both Caitlin and Liz are warm and compassionate and great communicators. They have been readily available for consultation and follow up questions.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The Center for Fertility and Reproductive Medicine at Harvard Vanguard is a large practice, with offices in several locations. That contributes to a lot of positives with respect to convenience - generally being able to schedule diagnostics (ultrasounds, labs) and basic procedures (IUIs) at a time and location of your preference. It can, however, at times lead to it feeling a bit like a factory. While my experiences with the medical team have always been positive, I have dealt almost exclusively with the nurses and by phone rather than in person. They have always been warm, professional, and thorough. But if you want a more one on one experience or a lot of time with your physician this may not be the practice for you.
To date (after 6 IUIs), I have had to pay a co-pay for IUIs and for the HSG test, as well as a copay for medication (Clomid, progesterone). Labs and ultrasound monitoring were covered by insurance.
Boston

She [Dr. Jill Attaman] always took the time to make sure if we had any questions, that she tried to answer to the best of her ability. We didn't feel rushed at appointments. We felt like she genuinely cared about us...We started with 2 IUI's, then moved onto IVF. She allowed us to gradually try increasing doses of the fertility drugs rather than jumping in to the highest levels. She didn't push us to do more expensive (and not covered by insurance) testing, but offered them as an option for our consideration. In the end we conceived naturally on a month between IVF cycles.
Once or twice the blood test hadn't been called in [at Harvard Vanguard] when I showed up to have it taken. However, the nurses were able to contact Dr Attaman's office and get the tests ordered while I waited. This was the only issue I had...I liked that the IVF patients had early appointments so I could do the ultrasounds and bloods tests before work. They are very busy though and getting in for the first appointment took a long time. They also have several locations that you can go to in combination during a cycle, so I could pick whichever location was most convenient on any given day.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Attaman was great to work with. She was kind and compassionate, and due to all our trouble conceiving, she was thinking about us and always searching for other options or second opinions from her peers if she didn't know what the best next steps were. She occasionally called me directly to review test results.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
She always took the time to make sure if we had any questions, that she tried to answer to the best of her ability. We didn't feel rushed at appointments. We felt like she genuinely cared about us.
Describe the protocols Jill Attaman used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
After we met with Dr. Attaman and agreed on next steps, the nurses then met with us separately to review the next steps in detail and answer any specific questions about the drugs I had to take or the process and next steps. hey were very thorough an understanding and took as much time as we needed to get our questions answered.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard.
Our insurance covered just about all of our treatments and testing, and fertility medications. Co pays varied but were not too expensive.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Once or twice the blood test hadn't been called in when I showed up to have it taken. However, the nurses were able to contact Dr Attaman's office and get the tests ordered while I waited. This was the only issue I had.
Jill Attaman
2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Skiadas herself took time to answer questions, check in with me during a loss, and was considerate. I had lots of technical questions which she was patient with....Dr. Skiadas is compassionate, caring, and I felt she was truly interested in getting me pregnant. She was patient with questions. I enjoyed seeing her during visits. I wish I saw her more during treatment...She did not recommend ICSI or PGS due to my age and the severity of my husbands MFI
The nurse manager [at Harvard Vanguard] is good. The nurse coordinators are painful and provide the wrong information which is very challenging in an IVF cycle where one misstep can cost you an entire cycle....The first nurse miscommunicated my menopur dose. That was just the start..... The second nurse didn’t communicate my trigger accurately. Also had issues with the blood work in the lab... I’m not 100% confident in the lab. Only in the sense that they didn’t seem to do the more recent innovative things, like PICSI
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Come armed with questions, information about who will communicate with you and how, and how you can reach her personally if there is a staff communications issue.
Dr. Skiadas herself took time to answer questions, check in with me during a loss, and was considerate. I had lots of technical questions which she was patient with. The only reason I didn’t rate her the absolute highest was the nurse staff which were often poor communicators
Textbook antagonist protocol with a traditional hcg trigger. There was a miscommunication along the way and the nurse increased my menopur along the way, yet my Doctor hadn’t recorded it. I’m convinced this is why I had so many eggs and a mild case of OHSS. She did not recommend ICSI or PGS due to my age and the severity of my husbands MFI. When we did a second cycle, I did antagonist again with a lower menopur dose, CoQ10 for my husband and I both, thyroid meds for me, ICSI due to low fertilization rate the first time around, and PGS due to a loss.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Dr Skiadas is great. The nurse manager is good. The nurse coordinators are painful and provide the wrong information which is very challenging in an IVF cycle where one misstep can cost you an entire cycle.
I used insurance so we only paid for PGS
She wanted to transfer more than one due to my age, but my insurance required an eSET for the first attempt. It just worked out that each time I did a cycle and transfer, I had one embryo remaining and insurance did not allow banking.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Menopur dose increased by nurse. I had to take notes to understand how to mix the vials. My doctor never ordered my dose to be increased. I wasn’t told to go to a specific area of the clinic for blood work on a weekend. Due to the wait at the lab and being redirected after my blookdwork was taken, I almost missed the opportunity to have my blood work checked and dosage adjusted. The PGS solution explained to me was sunset as an option during my cycle and had to get an exception to be able to continue with the plan for a fresh transfer. I’m not 100% confident in the lab. Only in the sense that they didn’t seem to do the more recent innovative things, like PICSI. I sometimes wonder if I would have gotten more embryos if I was at a different lab.

2017 - 2022, Unsuccessful
I feel like she [Dr. Skiadas] really care about my process and my wellbeing. He and her team has always been aware of how emotionally draining this process is. They are very supportive...I trust her knowledge and experience. Even though we haven’t had the results that we are hoping. I know she cares and really is trying her best to help us be successful...ICSI Natural transfer...
They [nurses at Harvard Vanguard] are very caring. Most of the times they returned my calls the same day...One time the lab made a mistake and did not sent the result of my follow up blood test...Sometimes is challenging to find appointments because the only work until 5pm. But the communication after hours is good. They have different clinics and you can have multiple options for the location. That gives additional availability for appointments. They have a good system of communication...
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
She is very supportive and kind. I trust her knowledge and experience. Even though we haven’t had the results that we are hoping. I know she cares and really is trying her best to help us be successful. I hope that it will work someday…
To always be honest about your emotional process and ask her any questions. she will be there for you. Don’t be scare to ask.
Even though the result hasn’t been what we expected, I feel like she really care about my process and my wellbeing. He and her team has always been aware of how emotionally draining this process is. They are very supportive.
ICSI Natural transfer A lot others I don’t remember
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They are very caring. Most of the times they returned my calls the same day . They are very nice and professional
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
It is a good clinic. Sometimes is challenging to find appointments because the only work until 5pm. But the communication after hours is good. They have different clinics and you can have multiple options for the location. That gives additional availability for appointments. They have a good system of communication
A lot! My health insurance cover part of the it . But I have to pay out of pocket for part of the cost.
No comments
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
One time the lab made a mistake and did not sent the result of my follow up blood test . That was the only time I had a upsetting experience. The doctor and nurses helped and supported me with the situation.
Boston

[Dr. Obasiolu was] Honest and blunt when delivering us facts. Open to some supplements and acupuncture in addition to the IVF process. Compassionate after my miscarriage. Very knowledgeable of pcos. Covid-19 has complicated my experience.... Frozen embryo transfer protocol: Day 5 ultrasound, Letrezole days 5-10, ultrasound and bloodwork until trigger shot, baby aspirin and crinone 1x day until transfer and continued through pregnancy test. Due to cramping and blood test for progesterone in early pregnancy they increased crinone to 2x day. Ultrasound at 6 weeks showed that the embryo was smaller than it should be.
[Nurses at Harvard Vanguard were] Very compassionate in times of uncertainty or loss during my treatment.... Strengths: knowledgeable, compassionate Weaknesses: scheduling, having to go to multiple offices for ultrasound and bloodwork, experienced last minute changes due to schedule conflicts for the dr (not just time slot but alternate location)... During periods of loss or negative tests I felt like a human but during the process of scheduling and Apts I felt like a number
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Do your research and ask questions. He’ll provide answers but you need to ask questions.
Frozen embryo transfer protocol: Day 5 ultrasound, Letrezole days 5-10, ultrasound and bloodwork until trigger shot, baby aspirin and crinone 1x day until transfer and continued through pregnancy test. Due to cramping and blood test for progesterone in early pregnancy they increased crinone to 2x day. Ultrasound at 6 weeks showed that the embryo was smaller than it should be. At 8 weeks there was no further growth or heartbeat and it was deemed a miscarriage. D&C performed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Very compassionate in times of uncertainty or loss during my treatment.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Lucky to have insurance coverage for IVF.
Strongly advised single embryo transfer.
Boston
Dr. Skiadis has been warm and helpful as we have navigated unexplained infertility. She has been proactive when treatments have been unsuccessful in encouraging us to progress to the next stage, but has respected our decisions...Her schedule is quite full, so if you will want appointments with her specifically make them in advance. She did not perform any of our 3 IUIs.
The nursing staff [at Harvard Vanguard] was very accessible and friendly, and would call back very promptly...There are four Boston area locations which can be good to provide convenience, but also sometimes meant that I was not able to get an appointment at my preferred location and had to drive further away...[Dr. Skiadas'] schedule is quite full, so if you will want appointments with her specifically make them in advance. She did not perform any of our 3 IUIs.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Skiadis has been warm and helpful as we have navigated unexplained infertility. She has been proactive when treatments have been unsuccessful in encouraging us to progress to the next stage, but has respected our decisions when for instance we chose to do another round of IUI before moving on to IVF.
Our appointments with her never felt rushed, she listened to our questions and concerns and allowed us to make decisions that felt right for us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
The nursing staff was very accessible and friendly, and would call back very promptly.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Covered by my health insurance except for some copays
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
I handed in our IVF paperwork at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and it was lost, there was some confusion since many nurses were furloughed. We had to resign the paperwork but they made it easy for us doing it at the end of another appointment.

2014 - 2015, Successful
Investment Banker
She [Dr Christine Skiadas] was a good communicator and direct. She explained the process and logic of each step well. At one point we had an early miscarriage, and she was sympathetic but not overly so....You don't see much of the dr, most everyday items are handled by the nurses and other staff...She tended to take the more conservative method in terms of treatment and dosing (which I generally agreed with given my history)
The nurses [at Harvard Vanguard] were great. Waiting times were a bit inconsistent or long, which could be frustrating. They also just moved the practice to a brand new floor on an area by itself so you don't have to interact with the obgyn patients, and have brand new rooms / machines...You don't see much of the dr, most everyday items are handled by the nurses and other staff
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
She was a good communicator and direct. She explained the process and logic of each step well. At one point we had an early miscarriage, and she was sympathetic but not overly so.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Generally very good, but sometimes the wait times were very long (and frustrating)
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The nurses were great. Waiting times were a bit inconsistent or long, which could be frustrating. They also just moved the practice to a brand new floor on an area by itself so you don't have to interact with the obgyn patients, and have brand new rooms / machines

2014, Unsuccessful
To a certain extent we were a number [at Harvard Vanguard], but Dr Lee tried to discuss our individual case in detail with us...[Nursing staff was] Lovely, friendly, outgoing...Clinic does not do egg retrievals or embryo transfers on site...Dr Lee was friendly and knowledgable. She provided us with detailed explanations regarding our treatment plan, possible outcomes, and next steps. Although our outcomes were not successful she remained positive...Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and ask her to explain in more detail if you aren't understanding the plan/procedure.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
To a certain extent we were a number, but Dr Lee tried to discuss our individual case in detail with us
Describe the protocols Grace Lee used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Can't remember the exact treatment protocols. Following three IUIs, we did one IVF cycle which was canceled before egg retrieval due to spontaneous ovulation, followed by another IVF cycle which allowed for two embryos to be transferred but again wasn't successful.
Lovely, friendly, outgoing.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Clinic does not do egg retrievals or embryo transfers on site.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard.
Completely covered by insurance, no out of pocket costs
Grace Lee

2013 - 2014, Successful
She [Dr. Attaman] is just the nicest person. We really loved her style. The only downside is that she seems relatively inexperienced, so when you ask her input, she can't really draw on a lot of personal cases (it's more what she has learned). I found that difficult - she didn't guide us as much as I would've liked.
Don't see anyone else in her group...Dr. Attaman is so sweet, but be prepared to go to her clinic [Harvard Vanguard] in Burlington and avoid the doctors in Quincy.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
She is just the nicest person. We really loved her style. The only downside is that she seems relatively inexperienced, so when you ask her input, she can't really draw on a lot of personal cases (it's more what she has learned). I found that difficult - she didn't guide us as much as I would've liked.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Don't see anyone else in her group. The other doctors are evil. Dr. Attaman is so sweet, but be prepared to go to her clinic in Burlington and avoid the doctors in Quincy. Also, go if you are looking for someone compassionate but want to leave options of treatment open.
Dr. Attaman is super compassionate, sweet and patient. She is very empathetic and will spend as much time as you need to answer questions.
Jill Attaman
2012 - 2014, Successful
I utilized almost every HVMA location due to a busy commuting life. All the nurses and phlebotomist were great.... I was first referred to Dr. Obasiolu to uncover my endometriosis. He was thorough and honest and kept my interests at heart. I say that because he understood our situation and I felt he could empathize well. I enjoyed his appointments and sometimes a quick joke here and there.... Can't recall as it's been a few years but it was antagonist using gonal f and menopur.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
I was first referred to Dr. Obasiolu to uncover my endometriosis. He was thorough and honest and kept my interests at heart. I say that because he understood our situation and I felt he could empathize well. I enjoyed his appointments and sometimes a quick joke here and there. :)
Ask questions since the doctors can't read your mind. They don't know what your worried about.
Dr. Obasiolu was always polite and patient. We had a lot of questions and nerves when we first met him and he really went above and beyond to help us.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Nicole)
Covered by insurance
Boston
We had a standard frozen embryo transfer cycle [with Dr. Grace Lee]. We used injectable medications at a higher dosage that we did with our fresh transfer to ensure that the embryo took...was much more personable than our previous provider...very thorough and knowledgeable, and had good bedside manner. She’s very knowledgeable about different procedures, and sympathetic toward our needs and wishes
Chris [nurse at Harvard Vanguard] was an amazing nurse she was empathetic, kind, knowledgeable, and organized. We saw her with our original provider, and stuck with our clinic so we can continue to see her...Scheduling with this clinic was very frustrating, it led to issues with being able to work full-time...We had a standard frozen embryo transfer cycle. We used injectable medications at a higher dosage that we did with our fresh transfer to ensure that the embryo took.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Lee was very thorough and knowledgeable, and had good bedside manner. She’s very knowledgeable about different procedures, and sympathetic toward our needs and wishes. Dr. Lee was very thorough and knowledgeable, and had good bedside manner. She’s very knowledgeable about different procedures, and sympathetic toward our needs and wishes.
Dr. Lee was much more personable than our previous provider
Chris was an amazing nurse she was empathetic, kind, knowledgeable, and organized. We saw her with our original provider, and stuck with our clinic so we can continue to see her
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Scheduling can be very frustrating be sure to advocate for yourself. Scheduling can be very frustrating be sure to advocate for yourself. Scheduling can be very frustrating be sure to advocate for yourself. Scheduling can be very frustrating be sure to advocate for yourself.
We had full insurance coverage for all procedures.
Grace Lee

2013 - 2018, Successful
She [Dr. Christine Skiadas] is very kind, takes her time to answer questions.... Very nice and thorough, I only wish she had more appointments available! It took awhile to get the first appointment and then scheduling could be difficult at times. She was very supportive and made sure to know all of my history.... I wanted a second opinion closer to home and the clinic was extremely unhelpful in getting my records transferred.
[Harvard Vanguard-Quincy] Definitely needs more appointments and more flexible scheduling, it would be very hard to get what I needed. The Quincy office is in an area of high traffic and I was once scolded by the receptionist for being late on a very snowy day.... I wanted a second opinion closer to home and the clinic was extremely unhelpful in getting my records transferred.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
She is very kind, takes her time to answer questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Sometime took awhile to get ahold of on the phone.
I don't remember.