7.1

1250 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169
230 Worcester Street
Wellesley, MA 02481

I felt very listened to and respected by Dr. Kovalevsky. He always gave me time to gather my thoughts and ask all of the questions I could think of. He respected my wishes and adjusted my treatment accordingly, so I felt like I had more control over what was happening with my body. He is a straight talker; he was always very clear and easy to understand...retrieved 10 mature eggs, which produced 4 embryos after ICSI.
The nursing staff [at Harvard Vanguard] was always prompt and friendly. They did their jobs efficiently and I didn't spend a lot of time waiting...has so much under one roof, it makes it very easy to see specialists...I was thrilled to find out I would be working with Harvard Vanguard throughout the whole process, and only do the procedures at Boston IVF. I was able to go to the clinic early in the morning to get my blood work and ultrasound done, so it had a very minimal impact on my work schedule. I received phone calls with my test results and instructions, but my test results and medication information also always showed in my patient portal.
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Be prepared for your appointments so that you can ask questions. He is very willing to answer any questions and adjust your treatment accordingly.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Kovalevsky really listened to me in every appointment that we had. He never rushed me to ask questions, he gave me time to think after he provided me iwth information. When he saw me in the waiting room, even for appointments that weren't with him, he stopped and said hello and asked how I was. I saw the same nurses and techs during my treatment, and they were always friendly. It made the experience feel much more personal than clinical.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
We used an antagonist protocol. I talked to Dr. Kovalevsky about lower doses, and he agreed, since my test results indicated I would be a good responder. I was prescribed 250 units of Gonal F and 20 units of HcG dilution. I went in for bloodwork and an ultrasound every other day, and I responded well to the protocol. We did not have to make any adjustments to my dosages. I also took 0.25 mg of Cetrotide. We used 10,000 units of HcG as a trigger shot, since my bloodwork and ultrasounds did not show a risk of OHSS. I took my trigger shot on Day 9, with my retrieval on Day 11. They retrieved 10 mature eggs, which produced 4 embryos after ICSI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
The nursing staff was always prompt and friendly. They did their jobs efficiently and I didn't spend a lot of time waiting.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
I have always loved that Harvard Vanguard has so much under one roof, it makes it very easy to see specialists. Therefore, I was thrilled to find out I would be working with Harvard Vanguard throughout the whole process, and only do the procedures at Boston IVF. I was able to go to the clinic early in the morning to get my blood work and ultrasound done, so it had a very minimal impact on my work schedule. I received phone calls with my test results and instructions, but my test results and medication information also always showed in my patient portal. I found the process very easy at Harvard Vanguard. Probably the only drawback is that only 3 locations handle IVF. I live close to Burlington, so that was the most convenient for me, but I did have to go to Kenmore when Burlington wasn't open. If you didn't live close to one of the IVF locations, it might be a bit harder to coordinate all of the appointments.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard.
My medications came to approximately $600. My appointments with Dr. Kovalevsky had a $40 specialist copay. My egg retrieval and embryo transfer at Boston IVF came to $9,400. Freezing an extra sample of sperm was $325. I was fortunate that my insurance completely covered my IVF costs. Total cost to me and my husband was about $1,000.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Due to my age and health, we decided eSET very easily. Dr. Kovalevsky talked about the additional risks incurred with multiples. My insurance also set conditions on how many embryos could be transferred, so we would have had to do eSET regardless.
George Kovalevsky
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Don't expect him [Dr. Obasiolu] to be mushy or coddling. He is very factual but he is positive and honest with his patients...Based on my age he encouraged multiple embryo transfer and the fact that out of all embryos only 1 has made it to freeze...While Dr. Obasiolo may seem "stiff" I have found him to be personable and encouraging during this process. He even called me a few days after my last failed cycle to give me pep talk and make sure I was ok. At our last visit to prep for our next cycle he was willing to try to new treatments and really seemed to care about us as a couple.
[Harvard Vanguard has] Convenient location and hours and their affiliation with Boston IVF and the utilization of their embryo lab and surgical site. The only weakness is that they will not consider experimental therapies such as human growth hormone for egg quality...They [nurses] are extremely reliable, responsive and caring. I was never left guessing about my test results, insurance auth process, etc. Excellent nurses.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
I feel that Dr. Obasiolu is knowledgeable and has switched our protocols based on our results after each treatment. He is kind and caring. I have run into Dr. Obasiolu at the clinic when I was not scheduled to see him and he remembers both mine and my husbands name and takes time to chat with us to check in and see how we are doing. I work in healthcare so I do know that this tends to be the exception and not always the norm with physicians.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Don't expect him to be mushy or coddling. He is very factual but he is positive and honest with his patients.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the protocols Charles Obasiolu used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Cycle1 was estrogen priming and then gonal-f and menopure. Cycles 2-3 coenzyme q-10, gonal-f and menopure Cycle 4 coenzyme q-10, lurpon and gonal-f, assisted hatching and embryo glue For the above cycles a day 3 transfer (except cycle 1 due to freeze all with no viable embryos) with estrodial patches and crinone after transfer Cycle 5 (pending) coenzyme q-10, lupron, gonal-f, meonpure with baby aspirin after retrieval, assisted hatching, embryo glue, pio and estrodial patches.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They are extremely reliable, responsive and caring. I was never left guessing about my test results, insurance auth process, etc. Excellent nurses.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard.
All covered by insurance. Have only had to pay copays for medications (average $300 per cycle) and $500 for embryo glue per cycle (to date only used for one cycle)
Describe Charles Obasiolu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.

2013 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Obasiolu will let you know honestly how well a treatment plan may or may not work. We really appreciated his candor, but some people may find this difficult. When we had a change in our insurance plan and my husband's hormone therapy was slow to work, he discussed other ways we could start a family, such as donor sperm with IUI. I appreciated having other options to consider, but he was respectful of our final decision to continue my husband's hormone therapy. We are grateful that as a result we will have a biological child.
The nursing staff [at Harvard Vanguard] overall went above and beyond listening to my concerns. If they couldn't answer a question right away, they let me know when I could expect an answer...The clinic itself has very advanced ultrasound machines. The waiting rooms and offices at Kenmore were on the small side, but clean. Getting to Kenmore can be a challenge due traffic via car or public transit, so add atleast 20 minutes to your commute time just to be safe.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Obasiolu was very upfront that we would need IVF with ICSI to have a chance at becoming pregnant. He took the time to explain the procedure as well as a timeline for the medications I would need to take during the cycle. Dr. O was supportive of us when we had setbacks. We also appreciated that he referred my husband to a urologist that specializes in Male factor infertility. Sometimes the communication between him and that office was slow and required a couple of follow up phone calls, but that's the only negative for me. Both Dr. O and my husband's urologist came up with a plan for my husband's MFI. Dr. O warned us that this treatment plan may not work for my husband, but over a year later, his sperm count became high enough that we could finally start our cycle in 2018. I received a very detailed protocol for the IVF/ICSI cycle that with the help of Boston IVF has resulted in my pregnancy.
Dr. Obasiolu was always concerned about me and my husband's well being as well as the diagnostic care for treating our infertility.
My husband was on Androgel prior to starting treatment. He was taken off that and started HCG. He was on that for 8 months when our insurance finally allowed him to add Menopur and Gonal F to increase his pituitary function. His urologist also recommended anastrozole to decrease estrogen production. He was on this combination of meds for about 18 months. Throughout this time, he had SA's done and his last one was high enough that we could schedule IVF/ICSI at Boston IVF. My husband didn't have to schedule a microtese surgery bc his hormone therapy was that successful. In July 2018, Dr. Obasioli gave me a very detailed protocol. I was put on estradiol to make sure my estrogen levels were low enough to start stims. I injected Menopur and Gonal F to stimulate the follicles. I also had to take cetrotide to prevent early ovulation. The dosages for Menopur and Gonal F were increased every couple of days until I was instructed to take my HCG trigger shot. After the egg retrieval at Boston IVF, I had to take progesterone cream to thicken the uterine lining in preparation for the embryo transfer. Our treatment plan resulted in 2 embryos. One was a 3 day IVF transfer and the other is being preserved. We are thrilled to expect our first child in April 2019.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Susan at Harvard Vanguard Quincy)
The nursing staff overall went above and beyond listening to my concerns. If they couldn't answer a question right away, they let me know when I could expect an answer.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The office visits I think were about $185 each and billed afterwards. Copays for ultrasounds were $35. The copays for the meds were pricey at $150 each.
Dr. Obasiolu recommended that we only transfer one embryo bc we are healthy and under the age of 35. He was concerned that a multiple transfer could result in twins or more.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
At the beginning of my cycle, I was worried I hadn't heard back from someone about my ultrasound before the office closes. They were very understanding and I received next steps promptly.

2015 - 2017, Successful
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Skiadas. She was compassionate to my unfortunate struggle , but was also Very honest about expectations. She always had a plan and my trust in her never waivered...Not only did she work to surgically improve a problem that is quite rare and not well understood, she also was always there to answer question and provide guidance and emotional support along the way during our visits.
Always got a call back [from the nurses at Harvard Vanguard] in a timely fashion. Nursing (and reception) was super well organized. If they didn’t know the answer, they would ask my doctor and always get back to me. This is a hard and emotional process— they were always fantastic without exception...multiple locations are helpful!...I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Skiadas. She was compassionate to my unfortunate struggle , but was also Very honest about expectations. She always had a plan and my trust in her never waivered.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
If I had to do this process 1000 Times, I still would only choose Dr. Skiadas to coordinate my care. She performed several surgical procedures on me and I trusted her judgement and clinical skills above anyone else. Every time I had a procedure done at the hospital, all of the nurses would say “oh, you are so lucky to have Dr. Skiadas”. I could not agree more. Not only did she work to surgically improve a problem that is quite rare and not well understood, she also was always there to answer question and provide guidance and emotional support along the way during our visits. Once my issue was surgically improved, we did several rounds of Ivf. And— while it was certainly a long road— I have a beautiful baby to show for it. I could not be more grateful for dr. Skiadas. I feel like I owe her the world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Wait for her no matter how long it takes. She is the only doctor I would ever see. Trust her process— it works!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the protocols Christine Skiadas used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
I had multiple surgeries in the operating room prior to starting Ivf with dr. Skiadas. She performed all of my surgeries and the entire process was seamless. Once my uterus was improved, we did an IUI which was successful but ended in miscarriage. She was so compassionate during this time and helped me recover both physically and emotionally. We then did IVF and had an unsuccessful transfer x 2. The third one worked and I have a perfect little baby to show for it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Fabulous! Always got a call back in a timely fashion. Nursing (and reception) was super well organized. If they didn’t know the answer, they would ask my doctor and always get back to me. This is a hard and emotional process— they were always fantastic without exception.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Fabulous— multiple locations are helpful!
Describe Christine Skiadas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
She strongly recommended single transfer.

2011 - 2017, Successful
She [Dr. Grace Lee] is a little scary, blunt. Not a warm and fuzzy personality. Until you get to know her. She is at the top of her game and a leader in her field so just do exactly what she recommends. she is the doctor that other doctors go to when they need advice on challenging cases.... We have changed the protocol overtime over the course of our 4 cycles (starting cycle 5 today) over the past 5 years and I have received the best possible care. Dr Lee has come in early (before the office opens) to meet with me. She has changed HER schedule to make sure SHE could perform procedures HERSELF to make sure I am getting the best care possible.
Tracey [a nurse at Harvard Vanguard] calls me at every stage of the cycle once the cycle begins. she is thorough, clear and concise with instructions. she has also provided a shoulder to cry on when things do not go as planned.... My first cycle was successful (live birth- my daughter is 3.5 years old now) but i had hyper stimulation and was on bedrest for 8 weeks. following the birth of my daughter we have varied the protocols. at 40 my egg quantity is good but the quality is bad. we have changed the protocol, letrozole this time around, to try to get fewer but better quality eggs.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
I have PCOS and do not ovulate regularly. my egg quantity is good but the quality is not great. With Dr Lee's help I have a 3.5 year old daughter and we are trying for our second. I have had an above average amount of bad luck (ectopic, miscarriage at 8 weeks due to trisomy at chromosome 20) but she and het team have never given up on me. We have changed the protocol overtime over the course of our 4 cycles (starting cycle 5 today) over the past 5 years and I have received the best possible care. Dr Lee has come in early (before the office opens) to meet with me. She has changed HER schedule to make sure SHE could perform procedures HERSELF to make sure I am getting the best care possible. She is very scientific and somewhat blunt. thats her style. But if you follow her instructions EXACTLY you will end up pregnant in no time. I have full faith in her and would (and have) recommended her to anyone that asks me about my experience with infertility. She is awesome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
She is a little scary, blunt. Not a warm and fuzzy personality. Until you get to know her. She is at the top of her game and a leader in her field so just do exactly what she recommends. she is the doctor that other doctors go to when they need advice on challenging cases.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
I am a difficult case. Dr Lee has never given up on us. We have a beautiful 3.5 year old daughter and are trying for our second now. I have had an ectopic, a miscarriage but we will continue to try. i am confident we will have another child with Dr Lees help. Her nurses, Tracey and Kristine, are awesome. I would (and have) recommended Dr Lee to family and friends. If you do exactly as she says you will end up pregnant. You can not miss appointments though. The timing of everything in fertility is critical.
Describe the protocols Grace Lee used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Tracy and Kristine)
Tracey calls me at every stage of the cycle once the cycle begins. she is thorough, clear and concise with instructions. she has also provided a shoulder to cry on when things do not go as planned.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Our family goes to Harvard Vanguard in Wellesley for EVERYTHING. Pediatrics, primary care, fertility. You name it. They are awesome. We always receive the best care possible. I am FUSSY and I love them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard.
BCBS has been great. Deductibles, office visits co-pays and recently the out of pocket cost for the PGS
Describe Grace Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Dr Lee tries to find a balance between success and limiting the chances of multiples. the risks are much much higher with multiples. expect her to always be conservative in this dept.

2014 - 2017, Successful
Dr. Skiadas is very skillful as a physician and a wonderful, warm person. She is incredibly knowledgeable, but won't hesitate to consult with colleagues if a situation arises that she hasn't treated before. She was appropriately aggressive and didn't try the same thing that failed too many times. She truly seemed to care...We had a few hiccups with nursing staff not totally being on top of the treatment plan (assuming we were following a standard course when Dr. Skiadas had recommended some uncommon changes). They were all very kind and supportive, just maybe didn't spend enough time reviewing charts before making calls.
Dr. Skiadas and her team [at Harvard Vanguard] are great; I have heard nightmares about her colleagues (one in particular). Stick with Dr. Skiadas and don't see one of her colleagues in the event she is unavailable for something...We had a few hiccups with nursing staff not totally being on top of the treatment plan (assuming we were following a standard course when Dr. Skiadas had recommended some uncommon changes). They were all very kind and supportive, just maybe didn't spend enough time reviewing charts before making calls.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
It is worth the wait for appointments to see her; don't settle for another doctor at the practice!
Dr. Skiadas is amazing. She really seems to care about all her patients (both me and my spouse), and always remembers (or is really good at writing notes and reviewing before the next appt) personal details about me and the conversations we had. She is respectful of our goals and desires, and always asks for our input.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Dr. Skiadas and her team are great; I have heard nightmares about her colleagues (one in particular). Stick with Dr. Skiadas and don't see one of her colleagues in the event she is unavailable for something.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard.
Insurance copays.
She recommended a single embryo transfer based on my age and other factors, but was very patient as I asked her about a lot of statistics, the possibility of a selective reduction if we transferred multiples, etc. She never judged but gently advised what she thought was best.
Boston

She took the time to listen, explain my situation and answer questions. However, I would have like more information on the actual process as this was our first time. I did not know all the questions to ask. Upon implantation, the office follow-up was comprehensive and then when I lost the pregnancy, Dr. Lee was very supportive and emphatic.
Cash Pay - No insurance Dr. Lee - $750 IVF New England - $12,900 Meds - $7500 Sperm Retrieval - $1900 Sperm Analysis - $1200 Other (Pre-IVF appointments, ultrasounds and Labs) not included in numbers above...I had a horrible experience with New England IVF upon dropping off my partners contributions. I called Dr. Lee's office and the entire staff was very helpful, compassionate and understanding. Dr. Lee called the lab and called me back herself to reassure me that everything was handled properly. My retrieval and transfer went well. The doctor and nurses were excellent and very supportive. One of the nurses even gave me a hug as I left my transfer! Upon the loss of the pregnancy, the nurses and Dr.Lee were very understanding and caring in life changing situation.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Lee was very cautious about any supplements other than prenatal vitamins. I was advised to stop all supplements that I was taking under the guidance of my acupuncturist. It seemed a little odd not to take Vita C, D,DHA/EPA, etc.
For first timers, ask her what you should know that you don't know or haven't asked because you don't know what to ask.
Plan described below is exactly that a plan. It may vary based on blood work and Ultrasounds Overviewof situation: 40 years old, no previous children, partner had a Vasectomy 10+ years ago, low egg reserve, Hashimoto's and high prolactin Plan: Estrogen Patch - every other day - Just beginning cycle with estrogen patch and post transfer Gonal F 300ml x2 a day for 20 days - extremely long stim cycle as my body was not responding. Never added Menopur Ganirelix - 5 shots Novarel - trigger shot ICSI and assisted hactching Doxycycline- x2 a day for 4 days around retrieval Medrol - One pill daily beginning the day of retrieval and ending the day of embryo transfer Crinone once a day from transfer to loss of pregnancy
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard.
Very helpful in answering my questions and calling me back promptly.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
There was a mix-up in a refill of a RX. I submitted it via online vs. calling the clinic directly. Upon calling it to the attention of the nurse, it was promptly resolved.
Boston

Tracy [nurse at Harvard Vanguard] is very knowledgeable and caring. She always kept me informed of what the next steps were and what each of my results meant. I knew she was truly rooting for me and was so genuinely happy for me when I was successful. I always felt supported by Tracy and all the staff at the office...The staff in the office truly treated me as a person. Not just my doctor and nurse, but everyone (untrasound tech/receptionist/lab staff) knew me by name. They really went out of their way in terms of scheduling for ultrasounds to accommodate my work schedule which was critical for me.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
After reading some of the more critical reviews on this site, I am struck by the fact that it could not be more different than my experience with Dr. Lee. I could not be more happy with my experience with Dr. Lee and would, and have, recommended her to anyone struggling with infertility. Not only did I find her to be incredibly knowledgeable, but I always felt she was fighting for me and in my corner. Dr. Lee goes above and beyond for her patients. By way of example, after receiving some particularly disappointing test results, I was devastated. Dr. Lee could tell how upset I was and had my husband and I come in for an office visit (fitting us in during her already booked schedule) and talked everything through with us. The compassion and empathy she showed us helped us get through the most difficult time in my life and has stuck with me to this day. Dr. Lee also appealed my insurance company’s decision to require several IUIs prior to authorizing an IVF cycle and really fought for me. Unfortunately my insurance did require prior IUI’s, and I then developed cysts. During one particular cycle when I had a promising number of antral follicles but also a large cyst, Dr. Lee talked with me about draining the cyst in an effort to take advantage of the fact that I had more follicles to work with than any prior cycle. Dr. Lee drove out to IVF New England in Lexington, extremely early in the morning before her already full schedule for the day, in order to perform the procedure herself. Ultimately, this was the cycle that worked for me. Due to Dr. Lee’s knowledge, care, and ability to adapt treatment as the cycle unfolds, I was able to successfully convert that IUI cycle to IVF and now have a healthy 10-month-old son! These are just a few examples of what sets Dr. Lee apart from other doctors. Undoubtedly she knows her “stuff” so to speak, but I found her personal care and her willingness to go above and beyond (almost certainly at the expense of her own personal time) to be unmatched. As all infertility patients know, the journey is so extraordinarily sad but Dr. Lee’s encouragement kept me and my husband hopeful. I sincerely felt that she was rooting for us, would not give up on us, and when we were successful, truly shared in our over-the-moon excitement. I will forever be grateful for her treatment and care and would highly recommend her.
Dr. Lee knew both my husband and I by name and the details of our history. Even early on in my treatment when I was in the office for ultrasound/blood work and I happened to see her she remarkably knew exactly who I was and what stage in the cycle I was in.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
Tracy is very knowledgeable and caring. She always kept me informed of what the next steps were and what each of my results meant. I knew she was truly rooting for me and was so genuinely happy for me when I was successful. I always felt supported by Tracy and all the staff at the office.
Insurance

2011 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Lee is very smart and very straightforward. She is not warm and fuzzy but she is as accessible and logical as they come. She's one of the more conservative RE's, as far as I can tell, but her rates speak for themselves. She gets the job done...Dr. Lee and the nurses remembered personal information about me and recognized my particular case. Every cycle was evaluated from the start and tweaked based on what we had learned during the previous cycle...
HVMA Wellesley is organized, clean and efficient. The ultrasound tech is caring and funny, and news is shared efficiently. The online option for communication is excellent...[Nurse] Tracy has been doing this for a long time, she's seen it all. She has a great sense of humor and is warm and caring. She's happy to answer any and all questions that come up...
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
In 2013, we did 3 clomid/IUI cycles that resulted in negative tests. We then did one IVF cycle using Gonal F/Menopur that gave us 4 mature eggs. We did a 3-day transfer of 1 (the only one that remained at the time) that resulted in a healthy pregnancy and birth. In 2015/2016, we did 3 IVF retrievals and 4 transfers. The first was a Gonal F/Menopur cycle that resulted in 8 mature eggs. We had only two medium-grade embryos on Day 3 so we transferred one and did not get pregnant. The second was a Gonal F/Menopur cycle that resulted in 13 mature eggs. We were required to freeze all post-retrieval because my progesterone was high during the medicated portion (meaning that my lining would not have been receptive to a transfer). All but 1 embryo failed to make it to Day 5, we transferred the one high-quality embryo remaining and did not get pregnant. The third retrieval cycle we switched the protocol to a Gonal F/Lupron medicated cycle. 22 embryos were retrieved and 5 high quality Day 5 embryos were frozen. I overstimulated on the new protocol and once again had to freeze all, this time due to high estrogen. We then did an FET of one frozen embryo that did not result in pregnancy, but had 4 frozen embryos remaining. We then did an FET of two frozen embryos that resulted in a twin pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
We have great coverage under BCBS MA and paid 10% of all fees until we reached $1,000 out of pocket, after which BCBS paid 100%. We paid 10% of prescription drugs costs.
Wellesley

Dr. Lee presents as a scientist, not a social worker. She's a problem solver. She presents options and explains pros/cons. The only challenge has been wait time on the phone and for an appointment - although ultrasound appointment options are great.... Lots of testing, then Letrozole for follicle stimulation and Ovidrel to trigger. We've varied the dosage based on my response to try to get the right number of follicles. The first cycle produced too many, the second we got the dose too low. This cycle looks good so far!
The Kenmore and Burlington locations [Harvard Vanguard] are great. Only hitch at Wellesley is that the waiting room is shared with OBGYN. It's hard to hear people excited about their early pregnancies while you wait for your infertility appointment.... Tracy, in particular, is fabulous. Calls back quickly with results, explains things clearly, and answers questions. She never makes me feel rushed.... My insurance covers some, but it's been a couple thousand out of pocket so far.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Be prepared to be educated and given choices, not just told what to do.
Everyone in her practice treats me and my husband well. They asked questions about our life and always seem familiar with our case when we call.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The Kenmore and Burlington locations are great. Only hitch at Wellesley is that the waiting room is shared with OBGYN. It's hard to hear people excited about their early pregnancies while you wait for your infertility appointment.
My insurance covers some, but it's been a couple thousand out of pocket so far. This was expected, and they had me check on my coverage before starting.
Boston

Dr. Obasiolu explained everything to me during our first visit. He helped me to understand what IVF was and the entire process. He walked me through every step and always said I could come and see him when I needed to. He made me feel very comfortable as his patient and I never left his office unsure of anything. ... He explained everything to me and I was able to receive the best care and treatment.
My clinic [Harvard Vanguuard]was very professional and understood all my needs as a patient. They worked with me on getting the proper treatment and care. They were always there to give me advice and support when I needed it the most. ... The nursing staff was helpful and kind through out my treatment. ... Dr. Obasiolu and his staff were so helpful and caring to me during my entire process.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Obasiolu explained everything to me during our first visit. He helped me to understand what IVF was and the entire process. He walked me through every step and always said I could come and see him when I needed to. He made me feel very comfortable as his patient and I never left his office unsure of anything. He made sure he answered all my questions and that the other nurses took care of all my needs.
I would just say to explain everything to him and make sure you ask questions.
Dr. Obasiolu and his staff were so helpful and caring to me during my entire process. He explained everything to me and I was able to receive the best care and treatment. Having him as my fertility specialist has changed my life in so many ways.
The treatment strategies were just to follow his instructions and follow the instructions when administering the medications he prescribed to me during my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Nicole )
The nursing staff was helpful and kind through out my treatment.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
My clinic was very professional and understood all my needs as a patient. They worked with me on getting the proper treatment and care. They were always there to give me advice and support when I needed it the most.
My insurance covered most of my cost except for genetic testing.
We talked about my embryos and he made the best selections.

2015 - 2017, Unsuccessful
My experience with Dr. Skiadas, although we have not been successful yet in having a child, has been positive. I do not think that I could have made it this far without someone so intelligent thoughtful and caring...Dr. Skiadas is thoughtful and kind and takes her time with us, always. She is sympathetic when she needs to be and hopeful when she needs to be. She is great at explaining the facts in a way that we can understand and is always empathetic of what we as the patients are going through.
I find HVMA [Harvard Vanguard] to be extremely organized and well run. The nursing staff overall are wonderful, however, when you get reassigned, sometimes it is not seamless. You have to make sure you ask questions, clarify all timelines and treatments and double check med levels. Usually they are spot on, but make sure you are your own advocate.
None.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Jackie, Liz and Sue)
I find HVMA to be extremely organized and well run. The nursing staff overall are wonderful, however, when you get reassigned, sometimes it is not seamless. You have to make sure you ask questions, clarify all timelines and treatments and double check med levels. Usually they are spot on, but make sure you are your own advocate.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Extremely organized, thoughtful and thorough. They have a patient system that you can log onto to get various test results, see upcoming appointments and most importantly ask questions of your providers. If it is an emergency, make sure to call. They are very responsive.
IUI and first round fully covered. Subsequent rounds I had to pay for the screenings and monitorings.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
There were two instances where I went to have blood drawn and the order was not in. It was immediately rectified.

2010 - 2013, Unknown Success
Dr Obasiolu was with me for three years of treatments. He cared deeply for me, and I always felt like a person with him. Over those three years, he performed multiple treatments, including a D&E for a miscarriage, a polyp removal and the other surgeries. I felt that he was truly behind me and he always respected my choices even if they differed from his r commendations...He is matter of fact, and his warmth may not shine through, but it is there! Ask questions, listen, trust.
Love. These nurses [at Harvard Vanguard] were so supportive during three years of treatments. I was sad to move on from the team when I finally did get pregnant! Caring, compaaasionate, personable...Dr Obasiolu, in his matter of fact but warm way, cheered me on throughout the process. I always felt that he cared deeply for me and was committed to a positive outcome. also, his confidence that I would get pregnant was a helpful motivator. He was with me for three years and multiple procedures, and even three years later when I visited him with my daughter he remembered many details about my case.
I can't remember!
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Love. These nurses were so supportive during three years of treatments. I was sad to move on from the team when I finally did get pregnant! Caring, compaaasionate, personable.
0. Amazing health insurance and infertility coverage
Though the recommendations were for 2 to be transferred, I was always listened to and never challenged when we elected to do a single embryo transfer.

1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Obasiolu was patient and kind. He was direct and honest but treated us like humans and was sensitive and encouraging. He listened to our ideas and questions and reconfigured the plans to include our thoughts. He was funny and friendly.... checked sperm count and motility, check Fallopian tubes and uterus, IVF with Gonal F 450, HCG, and certitude, estrogen patch with progesterone suppositories, FET cycle with estrace and progesterone injections.
No concerns, it was fine. I like that there were multiple locations [Harvard Vanguard] and that the staff were all friendly and warm. They were all quick to get back to emails and calls and the insurance staff was very knowledgeable.... Katie was friendly and prepared. She was nice and had good follow up.... Dr. Obasiolu is kind and thoughtful. He is direct and spoke to me and my husband like we were humans.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Listen carefully and don’t be afraid to ask questions or make your concerns or ideas know. He will listen!
Dr. Obasiolu is kind and thoughtful. He is direct and spoke to me and my husband like we were humans. He was cautiously optimistic but honest. He listened to us and incorporated our wishes into the treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie was friendly and prepared. She was nice and had good follow up.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
No concerns, it was fine. I like that there were multiple locations and that the staff were all friendly and warm. They were all quick to get back to emails and calls and the insurance staff was very knowledgeable.
Insurance covered most. There were some costs for medication or co-pays. We paid for genetic testing out of pocket ($5,600).
Boston

Natural frozen cycle (the BEST IVF treatment I've ever done). She [Dr. Skiadas] also did a lupron protocol for the egg retrieval and used high does CoQ6 during stimulation that resulted in a lot of viable embryos...She was very straight with me about what was happening, what the odds were, etc and then actually let us make the decisions...She will only transfer one unless there's a reason to do more. In my case we did genetic testing on day 5 embryos, no reason to do more than 1
Transfers and retrievals [for Harvard Vangaurd] are done at Boston IVF, I didn't realize that at first, but it's fine. Otherwise I love that they're part of a larger health care network so you have multiple locations that you can use and transferring to an OB within that network is easy...Everyone I spoke to were very compasionate and answered my many, many questions...Natural frozen cycle (the BEST IVF treatment I've ever done). She [Dr. Skiadas] also did a lupron protocol for the egg retrieval and used high does CoQ6 during stimulation that resulted in a lot of viable embryos
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
She was very compassionate and understanding. Was patient with my issues, I'm not great at this. Let me make informed decisions about everything, did not try to sell me any procedures, made us feel like it would be fine if we quit at any time.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she'll give you an accurate answer.
Natural frozen cycle (the BEST IVF treatment I've ever done). She also did a lupron protocol for the egg retrieval and used high does CoQ6 during stimulation that resulted in a lot of viable embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Chris French)
Everyone I spoke to were very compasionate and answered my many, many questions
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Transfers and retrievals are done at Boston IVF, I didn't realize that at first, but it's fine. Otherwise I love that they're part of a larger health care network so you have multiple locations that you can use and transferring to an OB within that network is easy.
Covered by insurance
Quincy

We are also doing PGS testing, so it was requested that she [Dr. Grace Lee] increase dosage to account for low number of normal embryos last cycle and she was agreeable...Prefers single transfer and options/risks were explained...She was warm and friendly...knowledgeable, easy to make appt with. Listened to my concerns and made adjustments based on age and prior retrieval cycle...
Can be difficult to schedule appts at the time/place I needed [at Harvard Vanguard]. Lab services are quick with good hours. Ultrasound tech and support staff at Burlington HVMA are wonderful. Friendly scheduling coordinators...nurse was very helpful and prompt...Easy to talk to, very knowledgeable and experienced. Warm and personable. Able to answer all my questions...Usually right on schedule. Could be difficult to schedule ultrasound at preferred center on some days
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Professional, warm, friendly, knowledgeable, easy to make appt with. Listened to my concerns and made adjustments based on age and prior retrieval cycle.................................... .
Have your questions and concerns ready. Explain your goals and expectations so that she can personalize your treatment
She was warm and friendly. Helped with appointments and her nurse was very helpful and prompt.
We are also doing PGS testing, so it was requested that she increase dosage to account for low number of normal embryos last cycle and she was agreeable. Gonal F 300, menopur 300, cetrrotide, hcg and lupron trigger. Retrieval is in 2 days so no results yet
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Can be difficult to schedule appts at the time/place I needed. Lab services are quick with good hours. Ultrasound tech and support staff at Burlington HVMA are wonderful. Friendly scheduling coordinators
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Harvard Vanguard.
High med copays, high deductible. Other costs covered by insurance
Prefers single transfer and options/risks were explained
Wellesley
To be honest I think I only saw her [Dr. Jill Attaman] once or twice. She was nice and knowledgeable but I didn’t get the majority of my info from her. She did explain the tests that I was getting and next steps but she was not overly friendly or talkative, which is fine with me...I only used letrozole for 2 cycles. I got pregnant both times but the first time my numbers dropped quickly.
They [the nurses at Harvard Vangaurd] were simply amazing. They explained everything very well and were so sweet and helpful. I felt like they were 100% committed to helping me...The front desk staff was super helpful and there were several locations so I was able to get my appoitments in when I needed them. They also sent me to more local clinics whenver possible so I could avoid a nasty commute
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
To be honest I think I only saw her once or twice. She was nice and knowledgeable but I didn’t get the majority of my info from her. She did explain the tests that I was getting and next steps but she was not overly friendly or talkative, which is fine with me
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Ask as many questions as possible
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
She and her nurses were genuinely invested in our success. They were SO excited to call and tell me I was pregnant. They squeezed in ultrasounds before office hours if they couldn’t get me in when I needed one based on my cycle.
Describe the protocols Jill Attaman used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They were simply amazing. They explained everything very well and were so sweet and helpful. I felt like they were 100% committed to helping me
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard.
Everything was covered by my insurance. I just had to pay copays

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Attaman takes the time to explain everything to help us understand and to feel comfortable. She changed our plan and was creative after the first two unsuccessful cycles. She is very compassionate and positive, but also direct with her information...[Harvard Vanguard] Nurse Christine is very caring and helpful. She takes the time to explain everything to you and will answer any questions you have. She made the process less stressful and helped explain what to expect to decrease nerves.
Ultrasound tech [at Harvard Vanguard] Jen is willing to come in early to prevent patients from driving to kenmore or Wellesley. Call center is very helpful, patient and reliable. Hard to know when the nurse will call back and have to go through the call center to return calls; while they are extremely nice/helpful, it's hard to manage working and getting the calls. Overall, my experience has been great working with this clinic.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Be patient. She is creative with the protocols to meet each individual's needs.
Dr. Attaman spent as much time with us as we needed to help us feel comfortable with our plan and the results.
3 different protocols, all based on the prior results. ICTSI the second time and soon to be the third.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine French )
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Ultrasound tech Jen is willing to come in early to prevent patients from driving to kenmore or Wellesley. Call center is very helpful, patient and reliable. Hard to know when the nurse will call back and have to go through the call center to return calls; while they are extremely nice/helpful, it's hard to manage working and getting the calls. Overall, my experience has been great working with this clinic.
Burlington

What really stood out was that during our process, she [Dr. Jill Attaman] spent extra time researching and then ultimately filing a request with insurance for us to skip the IUI's that are typically required and go straight to the IVF treatment because of our past history. This no doubt was extra effort on her part to describe our situation and make a case for us to move forward quickly...Ask all the questions you want, she is very eager to answer and give her true feelings on the matter.
The nurses [at Harvard Vanguard] approached the treatment steps in a very organized and easy to understand format. They printed out calendars with all the key info, then discussed them to ensure we understood what needed to be done. This was very helpful since we didn't have to take notes - the notes were already there.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Attaman was clear and honest with us throughout the process. She did her best to reassure us along the way. What really stood out was that during our process, she spent extra time researching and then ultimately filing a request with insurance for us to skip the IUI's that are typically required and go straight to the IVF treatment because of our past history. This no doubt was extra effort on her part to describe our situation and make a case for us to move forward quickly.
Dr Attaman got to know us, and spent time understanding our history. When we met with her, she was always aware of everything past and present that was going on and it make us feel like she truly cared.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
The nurses approached the treatment steps in a very organized and easy to understand format. They printed out calendars with all the key info, then discussed them to ensure we understood what needed to be done. This was very helpful since we didnt have to take notes - the notes were already there
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Nice private waiting area that is relaxing
Copays for visits and medicines only... everything else was covered by insurance.
Burlington

Dr Lee is VERY smart. She is kind and compassionate, but she is not super warm and fuzzy. I like her and trust that she knows what she is doing. She changed up all my plans for my second round and though it is not finish yet, I am already having better results than my first round....Dr Lee took time to call after a failed cycle, met with me to discusss plans for a second cycle, and made me feel like she did care.
They are a part of Boston IVF. All procedures are done in the waltham office. I didn’t realize this at first but it was totally fine, easy to get to and a beautiful facility. Even though Boston IVF is so big, I didn’t feel like just a number....[Nursing Staff] They are great...Dr Lee took time to call after a failed cycle, met with me to discusss plans for a second cycle, and made me feel like she did care....Second round I am doing a lupron mocroflare protocol. First round I did traditional IVF.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Come prepared with questions.
They are great.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Insurance covered most of the costs once we hit our deductible
My insurance will only allow one egg to be put back, so Dr Lee didn’t have any feedback on this.
Wellesley
Even though Dr. Lee doesn't have a bubbly personality, she recognized me and my husband in passing, looked us in the eye, knew our medical history without our needing to repeat it 100 times, and made sure we understood what she was saying without needing to fluff it up....Don't expect warm and fuzzy but know that she really cares about your treatment.
Everyone a the clinic was extremely good-natured and friendly. When I frantically ran in an hour late to an appointment due to traffic, the receptionist said, "You have enough to worry about. We don't punish for being late and we'll take you as soon as we can."...Natural frozen cycle transferring one embryo resulted in a positive pregnancy test....[Costs were] around $500. This included my deductible and 10% co-insurance. Thank God for insurance in MA!
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Around $500. This included my deductible and 10% co-insurance. Thank God for insurance in MA!

2014 - 2015, Successful
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr Attaman listens well and was willing to try things that I brought up while speaking with her (testing me for gene mutations, etc), whether or not they would be any help in the long run. Not that she would test me at random, but after her long list of tests I brought up a few and she was willing to indulge me.
Dr Attaman was always very caring and was able to answer or at least try to answer any and all questions and ideas I had. She was willing to test me for things that I came across in my hours of online research. She was always caring and compassionate and in the end was correct in why I kept having recurrent miscarriages.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard.
Just how sensitive and caring they all were....I left feeling like they really truly care about me as a person...not just one patient among many.

2014 - 2017, Successful
We had conversations not only about my treatment but how I was doing and how my family was doing. She [Dr. Jill Attaman] and her nurses [at Harvard Vanguard] remembered me from visit to visit...Dr Attaman was amazing and we plan to work with her again. She is compassionate and direct, a rare mix in anyone. I appreciated that she treated me as a whole person...Everyone was upbeat and positive without being blind to the emotional drain this process takes.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr Attaman was amazing and we plan to work with her again. She is compassionate and direct, a rare mix in anyone. I appreciated that she treated me as a whole person. I'm not sure what else is necessary but need to get to 200 words. .
Be patient and ask the questions you need answered.
We had conversations not only about my treatment but how I was doing and how my family was doing. She and her nurses remembered me from visit to visit.
Specifics were answered in prior survey questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The clinic was exactly as expected.
Covered by insurance after deductible was met.
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard] was thoughtful and took the time to explain the options. Seemed genuinely sympathetic...Risks were we'll explained and the optimism was helpful. But I wish I had better understood the various potential outcomes with Ivf - i.e. Not having any viable embryos. I never realized that could be an issue until I hit the Ivf message boards.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Risks were we'll explained and the optimism was helpful. But I wish I had better understood the various potential outcomes with Ivf - i.e. Not having any viable embryos. I never realized that could be an issue until I hit the Ivf message boards. All the different things that might not work weren't really part of the conversation. Although I can see the benefit of that - keeping patients positive. But it made a negative outcome that much more heart breaking.
She was thoughtful and took the time to explain the options. Seeemed genuinely sympathetic.
Clomid then into ivf due to recurrent miscarriages
All covered under insurance. Amount billed to insurance for meds was like $50k for three Ivf rounds. Not counting the procedures.

2012, Successful
She [Dr. Skiadas] was wonderful as well as her whole staff at Harvard Vanguard....Dr. Skiadas also pushed our insurance paperwork and process faster so that we could move onto the next level of care within 24 hours. I don't remember any specific people at RSC but overall I had a good experience, everyone was professional and moved us along quickly which was nice.
She [Dr. Skiadas] was wonderful as well as her whole staff at Harvard Vanguard....She and all of her nurses were calm, professional, and warm. I felt like they knew how emotional this whole process is and took that into consideration with their care.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
My experience with Dr. Skiadas and her whole staff was wonderful. She and all of her nurses were calm, professional, and warm. I felt like they knew how emotional this whole process is and took that into consideration with their care. Dr. Skiadas also pushed our insurance paperwork and process faster so that we could move onto the next level of care within 24 hours. I don't remember any specific people at RSC but overall I had a good experience, everyone was professional and moved us along quickly which was nice.
She was wonderful as well as her whole staff at Harvard Vanguard
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Kind and compassionate