7.1

Quincy, MA 02169
230 Worcester Street
Wellesley, MA 02481

2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Obasiolu is clear and direct. There were often many steps to prepare us for, and he always let us know what to expect next, pausing for questions (which we always had). He did a good job of navigating the complexities and disruptions of COVID-19 on the fertility practice...will provide details and offer objective advice when prompted, but the appointments move fast so come prepared--and take notes...makes a point of pausing to answer questions throughout the visits.
The [Harvard Vanguard] clinic at Kenmore is well-organized and the care team is warm and competent. They did a good job of navigating treatment during COVID-19, which required reorganizing how they operate multiple times...Dr. Obasiolu makes a point of pausing to answer questions throughout the visits...Dr. Obasiolu is clear and direct. There were often many steps to prepare us for, and he always let us know what to expect next, pausing for questions (which we always had). He did a good job of navigating the complexities and disruptions of COVID-19 on the fertility practice.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Speak up and ask all of your questions. Dr. Obasiolu will provide details and offer objective advice when prompted, but the appointments move fast so come prepared--and take notes.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The clinic at Kenmore is well-organized and the care team is warm and competent. They did a good job of navigating treatment during COVID-19, which required reorganizing how they operate multiple times.
Boston

2020, Unsuccessful
I only met Dr. Kovalevsky twice in our 9 months of treatment, via teleconference. He seemed knowledgeable, aware of current research, and willing to answer questions at our appointments, but was otherwise seemingly uninvolved in my care...He never called us or sent us a message on the patient portal. I had other doctors perform tests and sign off on clinical decisions...
The two [Harvard Vanguard] nurses I met for my IUI procedures were both kind and professional. Otherwise, I only spoke to nurses on the phone or listened to the messages they left...I had so many instances of miscommunication or lack of proper communication which resulted in huge amounts of stress on my part, and breakdown in care..
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
I only met Dr. Kovalevsky twice in our 9 months of treatment, via teleconference. He seemed knowledgeable, aware of current research, and willing to answer questions at our appointments, but was otherwise seemingly uninvolved in my care. I believe he set a protocol for us of 2 medicated cycles and 2 IUI cycles, but never told us, which caused a whole bucketload of confusion. He never called us or sent us a message on the patient portal. I had other doctors perform tests and sign off on clinical decisions. I believe he had a very large patient load at the time, because were were told we would have to wait 6 weeks for another teleconference appointment after our second failed IUI before starting IVF. I would have trusted Dr. Kovalevsky with an IVF cycle, but not Harvard Vanguard. I was able to switch clinics, have all my records sent over, and see a new doctor 2 weeks before I would have been able to see Dr. Kovalevsky.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Make sure that you fully understand your current protocol before you begin, when you need your medications, how to obtain them, and when you should expect ultrasound, procedure. and blood work appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Harvard Vanguard’s clinic was either horribly short staffed and harried due to COVID, or they had taken on too many patients. No one I ever spoke with on the phone or met in person (other than Jen, the amazing ultrasound tech) seemed familiar with my file, which resulted in errors in care. I spoke with a different nurse every time they called with results. The secretaries were brusque, unwilling to work around my work schedule, and did not pass on my messages to nurses. I had multiple incidences of terrible miscommunication, one of which resulted in us not finishing our first apparently intended IUI cycle. The only time I felt like a human and not a number was when I called one day during my second medicated cycle at my wits end and spoke with a very nice nurse who realized I had never received my protocol flow sheet. She apologized for the error and rectified it. In general though, I felt wholly unseen and unheard through the entire process.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Medicated cycles included clomid for 5 days with an ovidrel trigger. IUI cycles also included clomid for 5 days with an ovidrel trigger. None of my cycles resulted in a pregnancy. I have since undergone one cycle of IVF which resulted in a healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
The two nurses I met for my IUI procedures were both kind and professional. Otherwise, I only spoke to nurses on the phone or listened to the messages they left. I got conflicting information from the nurses, not enough information, and no one ever told us we were switching from medicated cycles to IUI. Was that the nurses’ responsibility to tell us? No idea. No one seemed to be particularly interested in my care. I got the impression that it was all so routine that they were reading from a script.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
I work in healthcare, and I generally expect to be treated as I would treat my own patients- with kindness and respect. I was not afforded that level of care at Harvard Vanguard. I had so many instances of miscommunication or lack of proper communication which resulted in huge amounts of stress on my part, and breakdown in care. In the continuum of fertility treatment, medicated cycles and IUI are small guns with relatively simple protocols, but they don’t feel that way to a new patient with no information. Harvard Vanguard did a horrendous job both educating me about my care and managing these simple cycles. For instance, we were told we were switching to IUI 36 hours before we were supposed to come in for the procedure. I didn’t know I had to get a blood test to check for pregnancy before 9am in the morning, so no one called me with results and I almost missed starting a cycle. It was difficult to schedule appointments around my own patients- on several occasions I was given a single appointment time in a three day window, 30 minutes away in the middle of the work day. I was never properly informed of my protocol, but it was assumed that I would know how and when to obtain medications. This resulted in me frantically driving to the pharmacy on a Friday after a busy work day to pick up a medication I was supposed to start that night. Infertility is lonely and stressful, and my experience at Harvard Vanguard only compounded these feelings. I have since transferred my care to a new clinic and realized just how wonderful this process can be if done correctly. If you aren’t forced to receive your care at Harvard Vanguard because your PCP is in the system, I would recommend saving yourself quite a bit of grief by going elsewhere.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard.
We quickly blew through our $2000 insurance deductible but then only had to pay procedure copays of $40. I purchased the ovidrel through the pharmacy out of pocket since it was $53 a vial instead of $157 if we had gone through insurance. Clomid was covered by my insurance.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
We never discussed any specific IVF protocol since we did not pursue IVF at this clinic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
As I’ve enumerated throughout this review, my treatment at Harvard Vanguard was littered with incidences of miscommunication. I was not given a protocol flow sheet for my first medicated cycle, so I had no idea I needed to order medication on a specific day, and got my blood test at the end of the cycle too late in the day and almost missed starting my next cycle when no one called me to schedule a baseline ultrasound the next day. I was once scheduled in Quincy for an ultrasound but was not told, and showed up in Burlington. A nurse called me and left a message with a negative pregnancy test result and thought I had just finished my first medicated cycle, when it was my second. When I called to clarify, no one ever got back to me and the mistake was not rectified, so we were not informed we should be starting IUI. When I finally asked them point blank during the next cycle what was going on, they told me I could do IUI if I wanted, and that the procedure would be in 36 hours. At the end of our second IUI cycle, we were told the next step would be to set up an appointment with Dr. Kovalevsky to discuss next steps. We were scheduled out 6 weeks with no further instructions. I called the clinic to ask if we could do a third cycle of IUI while we waited, and the nurse agreed but never put the order in, so when I called to schedule a baseline ultrasound, no one had any idea what was going on. This was the last straw, and I promptly found another clinic with much better patient communication reviews and switched my care over to them. Having my records sent over took 3 weeks and multiple phone calls to the contractor who handles patient records management, but they did send the notes before my first appointment with my new doctor.
Burlington

[Dr. Kovalevsky] was always kind, patient, and thorough, answering all of our questions. He even called me himself once or twice...took the time to explain his recommendations as to how we should proceed and why, which I appreciated. When our 2nd IUI failed, he called us to come in and discussed in person why he felt IVF was a better route for us at this point. I am glad we listened. He was confident that we would get a good number of eggs and he was right. He also explained what we should expect, and I felt prepared about everything going into the IVF cycle.
All the communication [at Harvard Vanguard] is done by calling, although they do have the online system, it was always better to call. Sometimes there were long waits before I could speak to someone. On the positive side, I was always able to get in for appointments when I needed to and was able to go to other locations if I needed to be there on the weekend. Someone always called me back pretty quickly...All of the nurses were great. There were 4 and I felt we really got to know each other during all my time there. I was sad to leave my team when it was time to change to OB! Chris is awesome. I also loved the ultrasound tech ladies! I hope they are still there when we go back for baby number 2!
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr K took the time to explain his recommendations as to how we should proceed and why, which I appreciated. When our 2nd IUI failed, he called us to come in and discussed in person why he felt IVF was a better route for us at this point. I am glad we listened. He was confident that we would get a good number of eggs and he was right. He also explained what we should expect, and I felt prepared about everything going into the IVF cycle.
Don't be afraid to ask him lots of questions.
Dr K was always kind, patient, and thorough, answering all of our questions. He even called me himself once or twice, when usually it's just the nurses.
We started with 2 rounds of timed intercourse using clomid, both resulting in negative pregnancy tests. On the third try, we changed to femera and IUI, which resulted in a positive pregnancy test, but unfortunately ended in early miscarriage. On the 4th try, we repeated the same treatment, although Dr. K expressed IVF was a better option. However, we felt since it "worked" with IUI it could work again, so wanted to try that one more time. When that didn't work, Dr. K called us to come in and explained again that IVF would be a better route for us. So we agreed. We had to take a month off, but it was smooth sailing after that. Dr. K monitored how I was reacting to meds and adjusted accordingly. Because I ended up with 29 eggs retrieved and high estrogen levels, Dr K wanted to do a "Freeze all cycle" to improve our chances of implantation/transfer success. Again we had to take a month off, but then I had an easy protocol for the transfer. It was femera, a trigger shot, then a week later did the transfer. I asked Dr K if I could avoid the PIO shots and we did crinone (progesterone) suppositories instead. The transfer procedure went well, but it was not performed by Dr K. (The doctors rotate at our clinic for actual procedures)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine French)
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
All the communication is done by calling, although they do have the online system, it was always better to call. Sometimes there were long waits before I could speak to someone. On the positive side, I was always able to get in for appointments when I needed to and was able to go to other locations if I needed to be there on the weekend. Someone always called me back pretty quickly.
We had a high deductible insurance plan, so we paid for everything out of pocket until we hit that amount. Then everything was covered. We have a lifetime max fertility policy of up to $25k.
Dr K felt we should do a single embryo transfer and gave his reasons for wanting to do so (although I can't recall them all now), but he felt strongly about it so we agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Early on, they found a cyst on my left ovary. It took a few months before anyone told me it was actually an endometrioma. Had I known that fact, I may have chosen to get surgery to remove it or move straight to IVF as opposed to doing those 2 IUIs. I do not blame Dr K, as he wasn't with the practice yet when that occurred.
Burlington

I felt very listened to and respected by Dr. Kovalevsky. He always gave me time to gather my thoughts and ask all of the questions I could think of. He respected my wishes and adjusted my treatment accordingly, so I felt like I had more control over what was happening with my body. He is a straight talker; he was always very clear and easy to understand...retrieved 10 mature eggs, which produced 4 embryos after ICSI.
The nursing staff [at Harvard Vanguard] was always prompt and friendly. They did their jobs efficiently and I didn't spend a lot of time waiting...has so much under one roof, it makes it very easy to see specialists...I was thrilled to find out I would be working with Harvard Vanguard throughout the whole process, and only do the procedures at Boston IVF. I was able to go to the clinic early in the morning to get my blood work and ultrasound done, so it had a very minimal impact on my work schedule. I received phone calls with my test results and instructions, but my test results and medication information also always showed in my patient portal.
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Be prepared for your appointments so that you can ask questions. He is very willing to answer any questions and adjust your treatment accordingly.
Dr. Kovalevsky really listened to me in every appointment that we had. He never rushed me to ask questions, he gave me time to think after he provided me iwth information. When he saw me in the waiting room, even for appointments that weren't with him, he stopped and said hello and asked how I was. I saw the same nurses and techs during my treatment, and they were always friendly. It made the experience feel much more personal than clinical.
We used an antagonist protocol. I talked to Dr. Kovalevsky about lower doses, and he agreed, since my test results indicated I would be a good responder. I was prescribed 250 units of Gonal F and 20 units of HcG dilution. I went in for bloodwork and an ultrasound every other day, and I responded well to the protocol. We did not have to make any adjustments to my dosages. I also took 0.25 mg of Cetrotide. We used 10,000 units of HcG as a trigger shot, since my bloodwork and ultrasounds did not show a risk of OHSS. I took my trigger shot on Day 9, with my retrieval on Day 11. They retrieved 10 mature eggs, which produced 4 embryos after ICSI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
The nursing staff was always prompt and friendly. They did their jobs efficiently and I didn't spend a lot of time waiting.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
I have always loved that Harvard Vanguard has so much under one roof, it makes it very easy to see specialists. Therefore, I was thrilled to find out I would be working with Harvard Vanguard throughout the whole process, and only do the procedures at Boston IVF. I was able to go to the clinic early in the morning to get my blood work and ultrasound done, so it had a very minimal impact on my work schedule. I received phone calls with my test results and instructions, but my test results and medication information also always showed in my patient portal. I found the process very easy at Harvard Vanguard. Probably the only drawback is that only 3 locations handle IVF. I live close to Burlington, so that was the most convenient for me, but I did have to go to Kenmore when Burlington wasn't open. If you didn't live close to one of the IVF locations, it might be a bit harder to coordinate all of the appointments.
My medications came to approximately $600. My appointments with Dr. Kovalevsky had a $40 specialist copay. My egg retrieval and embryo transfer at Boston IVF came to $9,400. Freezing an extra sample of sperm was $325. I was fortunate that my insurance completely covered my IVF costs. Total cost to me and my husband was about $1,000.
Due to my age and health, we decided eSET very easily. Dr. Kovalevsky talked about the additional risks incurred with multiples. My insurance also set conditions on how many embryos could be transferred, so we would have had to do eSET regardless.
Burlington

Jill Attaman was very nice. However, I felt like I wasn't given any attention. I felt confused who to call and ask questions to. She only has one nurse at the Burlington location. I felt like she didn't care and didn't answer my questions easily. I'm not sure if them merging with Boston IVF was playing a role in this...We did Gonal F, which is very expensive. There was one other injection to but I can't remember. We did the trigger shot and the retrieval in Lexington. We did genetic testing this time which is costly. Unfortunately the three embryos that did test came back all abnormal.
I felt that burlington office was nice, but the schedule was inflexible. I thought it was confusing to have to go to other locations. I went to Welseley only because I didn't want to drive into Boston...I was waiting for the genetic testing of the embryos to come back. They were back and Jill Attaman did not call me. I had to create a little drama with the staff to get her on the phone to call me with the results (which I had already waited 2 weeks).
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Ask questions, and ask her to be direct.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Jill Attaman was too busy for me. Even her staff commented several times on how busy she was. Also they are merging with Boston IVF, so I felt I was always being shifted around.
Describe the protocols Jill Attaman used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
At the Burlington location it was Chris. She was lovely but all by herself so it was often left leaving messages. I often got routed to the Wellesley location to speak to others to. It was very confusing who to call. Then on weekends it was to call Kenmore location to, which was odd and very hard to get through.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard.
This part was the nightmare! We were denied from Blue Cross Blue Shield. They denied me on an old test from another doctor I was not seeing. The very information they denied me for was from a past cycle they approved. Jill Attaman although supported me I feel should could have worked harder to help appeal the decision. The cycle was incomplete because we did the genetic testing . We had no transfer, which would have cost more. When I paid for the cycle the accountant said I was all Set but the transfer was never paid for and I thought it was because she said I was all paid in full.
Burlington

She [Dr. Jill Attaman] always took the time to make sure if we had any questions, that she tried to answer to the best of her ability. We didn't feel rushed at appointments. We felt like she genuinely cared about us...We started with 2 IUI's, then moved onto IVF. She allowed us to gradually try increasing doses of the fertility drugs rather than jumping in to the highest levels. She didn't push us to do more expensive (and not covered by insurance) testing, but offered them as an option for our consideration. In the end we conceived naturally on a month between IVF cycles.
Once or twice the blood test hadn't been called in [at Harvard Vanguard] when I showed up to have it taken. However, the nurses were able to contact Dr Attaman's office and get the tests ordered while I waited. This was the only issue I had...I liked that the IVF patients had early appointments so I could do the ultrasounds and bloods tests before work. They are very busy though and getting in for the first appointment took a long time. They also have several locations that you can go to in combination during a cycle, so I could pick whichever location was most convenient on any given day.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Attaman was great to work with. She was kind and compassionate, and due to all our trouble conceiving, she was thinking about us and always searching for other options or second opinions from her peers if she didn't know what the best next steps were. She occasionally called me directly to review test results.
She always took the time to make sure if we had any questions, that she tried to answer to the best of her ability. We didn't feel rushed at appointments. We felt like she genuinely cared about us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
After we met with Dr. Attaman and agreed on next steps, the nurses then met with us separately to review the next steps in detail and answer any specific questions about the drugs I had to take or the process and next steps. hey were very thorough an understanding and took as much time as we needed to get our questions answered.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Our insurance covered just about all of our treatments and testing, and fertility medications. Co pays varied but were not too expensive.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Once or twice the blood test hadn't been called in when I showed up to have it taken. However, the nurses were able to contact Dr Attaman's office and get the tests ordered while I waited. This was the only issue I had.

2013, Unsuccessful
We initially started treatments with my husband being the problem and discovered along the way that I was also the problem. ... we were told that the process would never be successful for us. ... Attempted a “fire” round of fertility drugs in an attempt to be as aggressive as possible to get my ovaries to produce eggs. ... I felt like she [Dr. Attaman] offered no attempt at answering any of my legitimate women’s health concerns, but instead offered info for adoption or surrogacy.
After I was told that they [Harvard Vanguard] could do nothing more for me, I actually reached back out to them about natural cycle fertility treatments I had heard about since my body was unresponsive to the fertility treatments, I was simply told they did not do that and that was all. ... They [nurses] were very nice, but when I began to get horrible results, I felt like I needed more compassion and support than I was given.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
I was devastated by the results of the treatment. We initially started treatments with my husband being the problem and discovered along the way that I was also the problem. After three failed attempts, each going worse than before, we were told that the process would never be successful for us. I was devastated, but also I was extremely concerned for my health as a woman. I felt like she offered no attempt at answering any of my legitimate women’s health concerns, but instead offered info for adoption or surrogacy.
I hope you have no unforeseen or rare situations that arise.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They were very nice, but when I began to get horrible results, I felt like I needed more compassion and support than I was given.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
After I was told that they could do nothing more for me, I actually reached back out to them about natural cycle fertility treatments I had heard about since my body was unresponsive to the fertility treatments, I was simply told they did not do that and that was all. I was crushed.
I had excellent health coverage and it cost almost nothing.
Burlington
To be honest I think I only saw her [Dr. Jill Attaman] once or twice. She was nice and knowledgeable but I didn’t get the majority of my info from her. She did explain the tests that I was getting and next steps but she was not overly friendly or talkative, which is fine with me...I only used letrozole for 2 cycles. I got pregnant both times but the first time my numbers dropped quickly.
They [the nurses at Harvard Vangaurd] were simply amazing. They explained everything very well and were so sweet and helpful. I felt like they were 100% committed to helping me...The front desk staff was super helpful and there were several locations so I was able to get my appoitments in when I needed them. They also sent me to more local clinics whenver possible so I could avoid a nasty commute
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
To be honest I think I only saw her once or twice. She was nice and knowledgeable but I didn’t get the majority of my info from her. She did explain the tests that I was getting and next steps but she was not overly friendly or talkative, which is fine with me
Ask as many questions as possible
She and her nurses were genuinely invested in our success. They were SO excited to call and tell me I was pregnant. They squeezed in ultrasounds before office hours if they couldn’t get me in when I needed one based on my cycle.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They were simply amazing. They explained everything very well and were so sweet and helpful. I felt like they were 100% committed to helping me
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Everything was covered by my insurance. I just had to pay copays
Burlington

What really stood out was that during our process, she [Dr. Jill Attaman] spent extra time researching and then ultimately filing a request with insurance for us to skip the IUI's that are typically required and go straight to the IVF treatment because of our past history. This no doubt was extra effort on her part to describe our situation and make a case for us to move forward quickly...Ask all the questions you want, she is very eager to answer and give her true feelings on the matter.
The nurses [at Harvard Vanguard] approached the treatment steps in a very organized and easy to understand format. They printed out calendars with all the key info, then discussed them to ensure we understood what needed to be done. This was very helpful since we didn't have to take notes - the notes were already there.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Attaman was clear and honest with us throughout the process. She did her best to reassure us along the way. What really stood out was that during our process, she spent extra time researching and then ultimately filing a request with insurance for us to skip the IUI's that are typically required and go straight to the IVF treatment because of our past history. This no doubt was extra effort on her part to describe our situation and make a case for us to move forward quickly.
Dr Attaman got to know us, and spent time understanding our history. When we met with her, she was always aware of everything past and present that was going on and it make us feel like she truly cared.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
The nurses approached the treatment steps in a very organized and easy to understand format. They printed out calendars with all the key info, then discussed them to ensure we understood what needed to be done. This was very helpful since we didnt have to take notes - the notes were already there
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Nice private waiting area that is relaxing
Copays for visits and medicines only... everything else was covered by insurance.

2015 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Attaman takes the time to explain everything to help us understand and to feel comfortable. She changed our plan and was creative after the first two unsuccessful cycles. She is very compassionate and positive, but also direct with her information...[Harvard Vanguard] Nurse Christine is very caring and helpful. She takes the time to explain everything to you and will answer any questions you have. She made the process less stressful and helped explain what to expect to decrease nerves.
Ultrasound tech [at Harvard Vanguard] Jen is willing to come in early to prevent patients from driving to kenmore or Wellesley. Call center is very helpful, patient and reliable. Hard to know when the nurse will call back and have to go through the call center to return calls; while they are extremely nice/helpful, it's hard to manage working and getting the calls. Overall, my experience has been great working with this clinic.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Be patient. She is creative with the protocols to meet each individual's needs.
Dr. Attaman spent as much time with us as we needed to help us feel comfortable with our plan and the results.
3 different protocols, all based on the prior results. ICTSI the second time and soon to be the third.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine French )
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Ultrasound tech Jen is willing to come in early to prevent patients from driving to kenmore or Wellesley. Call center is very helpful, patient and reliable. Hard to know when the nurse will call back and have to go through the call center to return calls; while they are extremely nice/helpful, it's hard to manage working and getting the calls. Overall, my experience has been great working with this clinic.

2014 - 2017, Successful
We had conversations not only about my treatment but how I was doing and how my family was doing. She [Dr. Jill Attaman] and her nurses [at Harvard Vanguard] remembered me from visit to visit...Dr Attaman was amazing and we plan to work with her again. She is compassionate and direct, a rare mix in anyone. I appreciated that she treated me as a whole person...Everyone was upbeat and positive without being blind to the emotional drain this process takes.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr Attaman was amazing and we plan to work with her again. She is compassionate and direct, a rare mix in anyone. I appreciated that she treated me as a whole person. I'm not sure what else is necessary but need to get to 200 words. .
Be patient and ask the questions you need answered.
We had conversations not only about my treatment but how I was doing and how my family was doing. She and her nurses remembered me from visit to visit.
Specifics were answered in prior survey questions.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine)
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The clinic was exactly as expected.
Covered by insurance after deductible was met.
2015 - 2016, Unsuccessful
She [Dr. Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard] was thoughtful and took the time to explain the options. Seemed genuinely sympathetic...Risks were we'll explained and the optimism was helpful. But I wish I had better understood the various potential outcomes with Ivf - i.e. Not having any viable embryos. I never realized that could be an issue until I hit the Ivf message boards.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Risks were we'll explained and the optimism was helpful. But I wish I had better understood the various potential outcomes with Ivf - i.e. Not having any viable embryos. I never realized that could be an issue until I hit the Ivf message boards. All the different things that might not work weren't really part of the conversation. Although I can see the benefit of that - keeping patients positive. But it made a negative outcome that much more heart breaking.
She was thoughtful and took the time to explain the options. Seeemed genuinely sympathetic.
Clomid then into ivf due to recurrent miscarriages
All covered under insurance. Amount billed to insurance for meds was like $50k for three Ivf rounds. Not counting the procedures.

2013 - 2014, Successful
She [Dr. Attaman] is just the nicest person. We really loved her style. The only downside is that she seems relatively inexperienced, so when you ask her input, she can't really draw on a lot of personal cases (it's more what she has learned). I found that difficult - she didn't guide us as much as I would've liked.
Don't see anyone else in her group...Dr. Attaman is so sweet, but be prepared to go to her clinic [Harvard Vanguard] in Burlington and avoid the doctors in Quincy.
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
She is just the nicest person. We really loved her style. The only downside is that she seems relatively inexperienced, so when you ask her input, she can't really draw on a lot of personal cases (it's more what she has learned). I found that difficult - she didn't guide us as much as I would've liked.
Don't see anyone else in her group. The other doctors are evil. Dr. Attaman is so sweet, but be prepared to go to her clinic in Burlington and avoid the doctors in Quincy. Also, go if you are looking for someone compassionate but want to leave options of treatment open.
Dr. Attaman is super compassionate, sweet and patient. She is very empathetic and will spend as much time as you need to answer questions.
Burlington

Dr. Obasiolu is great at providing answers when asked but was not always forthcoming about information or statistics...In preparing for FETs, I was prescribed Estrace in increasing doses and progesterone in oil. For my second IVF egg retrieval, my dose of Gonal-f was increased...My doctor, in conjunction with my maternal fetal medicine specialist, advised against multiple embryo transfers due to my high risk pregnancy status. As we have used PGS/PGD, the best quality embryos were selected for transfer. First transfer failed, still waiting on the second one.
Overall, things with my doctor's office [Harvard Vanguard] went smoothly. However, getting information on my PGD/PGS testing results was a battle, particularly the first time. I knew that the genetics lab had completed its testing and the results were in but had a very difficult time getting that information from my doctor's office, which was incredibly frustrating because we only had one embryo and I wanted to know if we could go forward with a transfer.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
I really like Dr. Obasiolu and feel that he is competent and informed about infertility diagnoses and treatments. I have a genetic condition that requires PGD/PGS testing of embryos and felt that he explained that process very well. He is very good about answering any questions asked. My biggest issue (and one that is perhaps not unique to Dr. Obasiolu) is that I feel he was not upfront or forthcoming about success rates with IVF. With my first egg retrieval, I had 11 eggs retrieved but only 6 were mature and only 1 made it to day 5. I was shocked and extremely disappointed that only 1 of the 11 retrieved fertilized and grew to a day 5. Luckily, that was normal with PGD/PGS testing but it did not result in a successful pregnancy. When discussing the transfer, I asked what the odds of success were with transferring a healthy and genetically normal embryo and was told about 40%. I know these aren't numbers that people want to hear and are not unique to me but I wish the doctor had been more candid about the chances of success because I felt really let down at every step in this process.
Ask questions! Dr. Obasiolu is great at providing answers when asked but was not always forthcoming about information or statistics.
Dr. Obasiolu sees a lot of patients, particularly after Dr. Jill Attaman left the Harvard Vanguard practice and he absorbed many of her patients. I feel that he cares about me as a person and as a patient and frequently takes the time to review my chart and information before an appointment, which allows us to move forward instead of reviewing old information, which I appreciated.
Describe the protocols Charles Obasiolu used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Because I suffer from migraines with aura, I was started on Estradiol patches before proceeding with my IVF cycles. Both times I started with Menopur and Gonal-F pens, then adding Cetrotide as an antagonist. In preparing for FETs, I was prescribed Estrace in increasing doses and progesterone in oil. For my second IVF egg retrieval, my dose of Gonal-f was increased and my nurse recommended adding CoQu10 to help with egg quality, which seemed to work.
Christine French is far and away the best part about working with HVMA's fertility department. She is exceptionally kind, impressively knowledgeable and a fantastic resource for her patients. She always went out of her way to be helpful, to answer any questions and to provide a shoulder to cry on when needed. This journey has not been an easy or successful one for me and she has been my rock at the doctor's office. The other nurses, particularly Tracy, are very kind and helpful. Scheduling can be a challenge but nothing worse than other doctors' offices.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
My fertility clinic experience is a little bit different as the majority of my treatment was done through my primary care physician's medical group, Harvard Vanguard, but my IVF procedures (egg retrieval, FET) were done at Boston IVF. This set up provides its own unique challenges, with my insurance company dealing with multiple entities, including genetics lab Igenomix. If my insurance allowed, I would keep all of my care, monitoring and procedures in one place because it can be a bit overwhelming.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard.
I am incredibly lucky that Massachusetts mandates insurance coverage for fertility treatment when certain conditions are met. That being said, co-pays and out of pocket expenses add up very quickly. In addition, despite my genetic testing being pre-approved, I continue to fight with my insurance company for reimbursement for $13,000 in PGS/PGD testing expenses. Fertility medications under my insurance were about $1,000 for egg retrieval medications and $200 for FET medications. There were also co-pays for all diagnostic testing such as HSGs, hysteroscopies and sonohysterograms.
Describe Charles Obasiolu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Overall, things with my doctor's office went smoothly. However, getting information on my PGD/PGS testing results was a battle, particularly the first time. I knew that the genetics lab had completed its testing and the results were in but had a very difficult time getting that information from my doctor's office, which was incredibly frustrating because we only had one embryo and I wanted to know if we could go forward with a transfer.

2015 - 2017, Successful
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Skiadas. She was compassionate to my unfortunate struggle , but was also Very honest about expectations. She always had a plan and my trust in her never waivered...Not only did she work to surgically improve a problem that is quite rare and not well understood, she also was always there to answer question and provide guidance and emotional support along the way during our visits.
Always got a call back [from the nurses at Harvard Vanguard] in a timely fashion. Nursing (and reception) was super well organized. If they didn’t know the answer, they would ask my doctor and always get back to me. This is a hard and emotional process— they were always fantastic without exception...multiple locations are helpful!...I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Skiadas. She was compassionate to my unfortunate struggle , but was also Very honest about expectations. She always had a plan and my trust in her never waivered.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
If I had to do this process 1000 Times, I still would only choose Dr. Skiadas to coordinate my care. She performed several surgical procedures on me and I trusted her judgement and clinical skills above anyone else. Every time I had a procedure done at the hospital, all of the nurses would say “oh, you are so lucky to have Dr. Skiadas”. I could not agree more. Not only did she work to surgically improve a problem that is quite rare and not well understood, she also was always there to answer question and provide guidance and emotional support along the way during our visits. Once my issue was surgically improved, we did several rounds of Ivf. And— while it was certainly a long road— I have a beautiful baby to show for it. I could not be more grateful for dr. Skiadas. I feel like I owe her the world.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Wait for her no matter how long it takes. She is the only doctor I would ever see. Trust her process— it works!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the protocols Christine Skiadas used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
I had multiple surgeries in the operating room prior to starting Ivf with dr. Skiadas. She performed all of my surgeries and the entire process was seamless. Once my uterus was improved, we did an IUI which was successful but ended in miscarriage. She was so compassionate during this time and helped me recover both physically and emotionally. We then did IVF and had an unsuccessful transfer x 2. The third one worked and I have a perfect little baby to show for it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Fabulous! Always got a call back in a timely fashion. Nursing (and reception) was super well organized. If they didn’t know the answer, they would ask my doctor and always get back to me. This is a hard and emotional process— they were always fantastic without exception.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Fabulous— multiple locations are helpful!
Describe Christine Skiadas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
She strongly recommended single transfer.
2014 - 2016, Unknown Success
Dr. Skiadas herself took time to answer questions, check in with me during a loss, and was considerate. I had lots of technical questions which she was patient with....Dr. Skiadas is compassionate, caring, and I felt she was truly interested in getting me pregnant. She was patient with questions. I enjoyed seeing her during visits. I wish I saw her more during treatment...She did not recommend ICSI or PGS due to my age and the severity of my husbands MFI
The nurse manager [at Harvard Vanguard] is good. The nurse coordinators are painful and provide the wrong information which is very challenging in an IVF cycle where one misstep can cost you an entire cycle....The first nurse miscommunicated my menopur dose. That was just the start..... The second nurse didn’t communicate my trigger accurately. Also had issues with the blood work in the lab... I’m not 100% confident in the lab. Only in the sense that they didn’t seem to do the more recent innovative things, like PICSI
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Come armed with questions, information about who will communicate with you and how, and how you can reach her personally if there is a staff communications issue.
Dr. Skiadas herself took time to answer questions, check in with me during a loss, and was considerate. I had lots of technical questions which she was patient with. The only reason I didn’t rate her the absolute highest was the nurse staff which were often poor communicators
Textbook antagonist protocol with a traditional hcg trigger. There was a miscommunication along the way and the nurse increased my menopur along the way, yet my Doctor hadn’t recorded it. I’m convinced this is why I had so many eggs and a mild case of OHSS. She did not recommend ICSI or PGS due to my age and the severity of my husbands MFI. When we did a second cycle, I did antagonist again with a lower menopur dose, CoQ10 for my husband and I both, thyroid meds for me, ICSI due to low fertilization rate the first time around, and PGS due to a loss.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Dr Skiadas is great. The nurse manager is good. The nurse coordinators are painful and provide the wrong information which is very challenging in an IVF cycle where one misstep can cost you an entire cycle.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard.
I used insurance so we only paid for PGS
She wanted to transfer more than one due to my age, but my insurance required an eSET for the first attempt. It just worked out that each time I did a cycle and transfer, I had one embryo remaining and insurance did not allow banking.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Menopur dose increased by nurse. I had to take notes to understand how to mix the vials. My doctor never ordered my dose to be increased. I wasn’t told to go to a specific area of the clinic for blood work on a weekend. Due to the wait at the lab and being redirected after my blookdwork was taken, I almost missed the opportunity to have my blood work checked and dosage adjusted. The PGS solution explained to me was sunset as an option during my cycle and had to get an exception to be able to continue with the plan for a fresh transfer. I’m not 100% confident in the lab. Only in the sense that they didn’t seem to do the more recent innovative things, like PICSI. I sometimes wonder if I would have gotten more embryos if I was at a different lab.
Quincy

Dr. Obasiolu explained everything to me during our first visit. He helped me to understand what IVF was and the entire process. He walked me through every step and always said I could come and see him when I needed to. He made me feel very comfortable as his patient and I never left his office unsure of anything. ... He explained everything to me and I was able to receive the best care and treatment.
My clinic [Harvard Vanguuard]was very professional and understood all my needs as a patient. They worked with me on getting the proper treatment and care. They were always there to give me advice and support when I needed it the most. ... The nursing staff was helpful and kind through out my treatment. ... Dr. Obasiolu and his staff were so helpful and caring to me during my entire process.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Obasiolu explained everything to me during our first visit. He helped me to understand what IVF was and the entire process. He walked me through every step and always said I could come and see him when I needed to. He made me feel very comfortable as his patient and I never left his office unsure of anything. He made sure he answered all my questions and that the other nurses took care of all my needs.
I would just say to explain everything to him and make sure you ask questions.
Dr. Obasiolu and his staff were so helpful and caring to me during my entire process. He explained everything to me and I was able to receive the best care and treatment. Having him as my fertility specialist has changed my life in so many ways.
The treatment strategies were just to follow his instructions and follow the instructions when administering the medications he prescribed to me during my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Nicole )
The nursing staff was helpful and kind through out my treatment.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
My clinic was very professional and understood all my needs as a patient. They worked with me on getting the proper treatment and care. They were always there to give me advice and support when I needed it the most.
My insurance covered most of my cost except for genetic testing.
We talked about my embryos and he made the best selections.
Quincy
Dr. Skiadis has been warm and helpful as we have navigated unexplained infertility. She has been proactive when treatments have been unsuccessful in encouraging us to progress to the next stage, but has respected our decisions...Her schedule is quite full, so if you will want appointments with her specifically make them in advance. She did not perform any of our 3 IUIs.
The nursing staff [at Harvard Vanguard] was very accessible and friendly, and would call back very promptly...There are four Boston area locations which can be good to provide convenience, but also sometimes meant that I was not able to get an appointment at my preferred location and had to drive further away...[Dr. Skiadas'] schedule is quite full, so if you will want appointments with her specifically make them in advance. She did not perform any of our 3 IUIs.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Skiadis has been warm and helpful as we have navigated unexplained infertility. She has been proactive when treatments have been unsuccessful in encouraging us to progress to the next stage, but has respected our decisions when for instance we chose to do another round of IUI before moving on to IVF.
Our appointments with her never felt rushed, she listened to our questions and concerns and allowed us to make decisions that felt right for us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
The nursing staff was very accessible and friendly, and would call back very promptly.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Covered by my health insurance except for some copays
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
I handed in our IVF paperwork at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and it was lost, there was some confusion since many nurses were furloughed. We had to resign the paperwork but they made it easy for us doing it at the end of another appointment.
Quincy

Natural frozen cycle (the BEST IVF treatment I've ever done). She [Dr. Skiadas] also did a lupron protocol for the egg retrieval and used high does CoQ6 during stimulation that resulted in a lot of viable embryos...She was very straight with me about what was happening, what the odds were, etc and then actually let us make the decisions...She will only transfer one unless there's a reason to do more. In my case we did genetic testing on day 5 embryos, no reason to do more than 1
Transfers and retrievals [for Harvard Vangaurd] are done at Boston IVF, I didn't realize that at first, but it's fine. Otherwise I love that they're part of a larger health care network so you have multiple locations that you can use and transferring to an OB within that network is easy...Everyone I spoke to were very compasionate and answered my many, many questions...Natural frozen cycle (the BEST IVF treatment I've ever done). She [Dr. Skiadas] also did a lupron protocol for the egg retrieval and used high does CoQ6 during stimulation that resulted in a lot of viable embryos
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
She was very compassionate and understanding. Was patient with my issues, I'm not great at this. Let me make informed decisions about everything, did not try to sell me any procedures, made us feel like it would be fine if we quit at any time.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she'll give you an accurate answer.
Natural frozen cycle (the BEST IVF treatment I've ever done). She also did a lupron protocol for the egg retrieval and used high does CoQ6 during stimulation that resulted in a lot of viable embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Chris French)
Everyone I spoke to were very compasionate and answered my many, many questions
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Transfers and retrievals are done at Boston IVF, I didn't realize that at first, but it's fine. Otherwise I love that they're part of a larger health care network so you have multiple locations that you can use and transferring to an OB within that network is easy.
Covered by insurance

2012, Successful
She [Dr. Skiadas] was wonderful as well as her whole staff at Harvard Vanguard....Dr. Skiadas also pushed our insurance paperwork and process faster so that we could move onto the next level of care within 24 hours. I don't remember any specific people at RSC but overall I had a good experience, everyone was professional and moved us along quickly which was nice.
She [Dr. Skiadas] was wonderful as well as her whole staff at Harvard Vanguard....She and all of her nurses were calm, professional, and warm. I felt like they knew how emotional this whole process is and took that into consideration with their care.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
My experience with Dr. Skiadas and her whole staff was wonderful. She and all of her nurses were calm, professional, and warm. I felt like they knew how emotional this whole process is and took that into consideration with their care. Dr. Skiadas also pushed our insurance paperwork and process faster so that we could move onto the next level of care within 24 hours. I don't remember any specific people at RSC but overall I had a good experience, everyone was professional and moved us along quickly which was nice.
She was wonderful as well as her whole staff at Harvard Vanguard
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Jen)
Kind and compassionate
Quincy
He [Dr. Obasiolu] is a very straight forward person but has an incredible track record to get people pregnant. We do not have health insurance coverage for infertility, so he has been a huge help in diagnosing but for the lowest out of pocket costs...He diagnosed me as unexplained infertility and recommenced Letrozole for three months. We just finished the three months and have not been successful. During this COVID-19 crisis he is unable to do additional testing but we have mapped out a plan for as soon as his office opens.
They [Harvard Vanguard nurses] have been awesome to send medication and explain procedures. They have also been a huge help in providing out of pocket cost explanations...It’s location is a bit tough. I don’t have any other feedback on the clinic. I have only been a patient for 5 months. It does take a long time to get an appointment. They are very responsive over the phone and the online portal.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
He is a very straight forward person but has an incredible track record to get people pregnant. We do not have health insurance coverage for infertility, so he has been a huge help in diagnosing but for the lowest out of pocket costs.
Be patient.
He is very direct and to the point but also has a great way to explaining himself. He also has been offering phone appointments during the COVID-19 crisis
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Kelly )
They have been awesome to send medication and explain procedures. They have also been a huge help in providing out of pocket cost explanations.

2013 - 2018, Successful
She [Dr. Christine Skiadas] is very kind, takes her time to answer questions.... Very nice and thorough, I only wish she had more appointments available! It took awhile to get the first appointment and then scheduling could be difficult at times. She was very supportive and made sure to know all of my history.... I wanted a second opinion closer to home and the clinic was extremely unhelpful in getting my records transferred.
[Harvard Vanguard-Quincy] Definitely needs more appointments and more flexible scheduling, it would be very hard to get what I needed. The Quincy office is in an area of high traffic and I was once scolded by the receptionist for being late on a very snowy day.... I wanted a second opinion closer to home and the clinic was extremely unhelpful in getting my records transferred.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
She is very kind, takes her time to answer questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Sometime took awhile to get ahold of on the phone.
I don't remember.

2011 - 2017, Successful
She [Dr. Grace Lee] is a little scary, blunt. Not a warm and fuzzy personality. Until you get to know her. She is at the top of her game and a leader in her field so just do exactly what she recommends. she is the doctor that other doctors go to when they need advice on challenging cases.... We have changed the protocol overtime over the course of our 4 cycles (starting cycle 5 today) over the past 5 years and I have received the best possible care. Dr Lee has come in early (before the office opens) to meet with me. She has changed HER schedule to make sure SHE could perform procedures HERSELF to make sure I am getting the best care possible.
Tracey [a nurse at Harvard Vanguard] calls me at every stage of the cycle once the cycle begins. she is thorough, clear and concise with instructions. she has also provided a shoulder to cry on when things do not go as planned.... My first cycle was successful (live birth- my daughter is 3.5 years old now) but i had hyper stimulation and was on bedrest for 8 weeks. following the birth of my daughter we have varied the protocols. at 40 my egg quantity is good but the quality is bad. we have changed the protocol, letrozole this time around, to try to get fewer but better quality eggs.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
I have PCOS and do not ovulate regularly. my egg quantity is good but the quality is not great. With Dr Lee's help I have a 3.5 year old daughter and we are trying for our second. I have had an above average amount of bad luck (ectopic, miscarriage at 8 weeks due to trisomy at chromosome 20) but she and het team have never given up on me. We have changed the protocol overtime over the course of our 4 cycles (starting cycle 5 today) over the past 5 years and I have received the best possible care. Dr Lee has come in early (before the office opens) to meet with me. She has changed HER schedule to make sure SHE could perform procedures HERSELF to make sure I am getting the best care possible. She is very scientific and somewhat blunt. thats her style. But if you follow her instructions EXACTLY you will end up pregnant in no time. I have full faith in her and would (and have) recommended her to anyone that asks me about my experience with infertility. She is awesome.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
She is a little scary, blunt. Not a warm and fuzzy personality. Until you get to know her. She is at the top of her game and a leader in her field so just do exactly what she recommends. she is the doctor that other doctors go to when they need advice on challenging cases.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
I am a difficult case. Dr Lee has never given up on us. We have a beautiful 3.5 year old daughter and are trying for our second now. I have had an ectopic, a miscarriage but we will continue to try. i am confident we will have another child with Dr Lees help. Her nurses, Tracey and Kristine, are awesome. I would (and have) recommended Dr Lee to family and friends. If you do exactly as she says you will end up pregnant. You can not miss appointments though. The timing of everything in fertility is critical.
Describe the protocols Grace Lee used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Tracy and Kristine)
Tracey calls me at every stage of the cycle once the cycle begins. she is thorough, clear and concise with instructions. she has also provided a shoulder to cry on when things do not go as planned.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Our family goes to Harvard Vanguard in Wellesley for EVERYTHING. Pediatrics, primary care, fertility. You name it. They are awesome. We always receive the best care possible. I am FUSSY and I love them.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard.
BCBS has been great. Deductibles, office visits co-pays and recently the out of pocket cost for the PGS
Describe Grace Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Dr Lee tries to find a balance between success and limiting the chances of multiples. the risks are much much higher with multiples. expect her to always be conservative in this dept.
Wellesley

Tracy [nurse at Harvard Vanguard] is very knowledgeable and caring. She always kept me informed of what the next steps were and what each of my results meant. I knew she was truly rooting for me and was so genuinely happy for me when I was successful. I always felt supported by Tracy and all the staff at the office...The staff in the office truly treated me as a person. Not just my doctor and nurse, but everyone (untrasound tech/receptionist/lab staff) knew me by name. They really went out of their way in terms of scheduling for ultrasounds to accommodate my work schedule which was critical for me.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
After reading some of the more critical reviews on this site, I am struck by the fact that it could not be more different than my experience with Dr. Lee. I could not be more happy with my experience with Dr. Lee and would, and have, recommended her to anyone struggling with infertility. Not only did I find her to be incredibly knowledgeable, but I always felt she was fighting for me and in my corner. Dr. Lee goes above and beyond for her patients. By way of example, after receiving some particularly disappointing test results, I was devastated. Dr. Lee could tell how upset I was and had my husband and I come in for an office visit (fitting us in during her already booked schedule) and talked everything through with us. The compassion and empathy she showed us helped us get through the most difficult time in my life and has stuck with me to this day. Dr. Lee also appealed my insurance company’s decision to require several IUIs prior to authorizing an IVF cycle and really fought for me. Unfortunately my insurance did require prior IUI’s, and I then developed cysts. During one particular cycle when I had a promising number of antral follicles but also a large cyst, Dr. Lee talked with me about draining the cyst in an effort to take advantage of the fact that I had more follicles to work with than any prior cycle. Dr. Lee drove out to IVF New England in Lexington, extremely early in the morning before her already full schedule for the day, in order to perform the procedure herself. Ultimately, this was the cycle that worked for me. Due to Dr. Lee’s knowledge, care, and ability to adapt treatment as the cycle unfolds, I was able to successfully convert that IUI cycle to IVF and now have a healthy 10-month-old son! These are just a few examples of what sets Dr. Lee apart from other doctors. Undoubtedly she knows her “stuff” so to speak, but I found her personal care and her willingness to go above and beyond (almost certainly at the expense of her own personal time) to be unmatched. As all infertility patients know, the journey is so extraordinarily sad but Dr. Lee’s encouragement kept me and my husband hopeful. I sincerely felt that she was rooting for us, would not give up on us, and when we were successful, truly shared in our over-the-moon excitement. I will forever be grateful for her treatment and care and would highly recommend her.
Dr. Lee knew both my husband and I by name and the details of our history. Even early on in my treatment when I was in the office for ultrasound/blood work and I happened to see her she remarkably knew exactly who I was and what stage in the cycle I was in.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
Tracy is very knowledgeable and caring. She always kept me informed of what the next steps were and what each of my results meant. I knew she was truly rooting for me and was so genuinely happy for me when I was successful. I always felt supported by Tracy and all the staff at the office.
Insurance

2011 - 2016, Successful
Dr. Lee is very smart and very straightforward. She is not warm and fuzzy but she is as accessible and logical as they come. She's one of the more conservative RE's, as far as I can tell, but her rates speak for themselves. She gets the job done...Dr. Lee and the nurses remembered personal information about me and recognized my particular case. Every cycle was evaluated from the start and tweaked based on what we had learned during the previous cycle...
HVMA Wellesley is organized, clean and efficient. The ultrasound tech is caring and funny, and news is shared efficiently. The online option for communication is excellent...[Nurse] Tracy has been doing this for a long time, she's seen it all. She has a great sense of humor and is warm and caring. She's happy to answer any and all questions that come up...
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
In 2013, we did 3 clomid/IUI cycles that resulted in negative tests. We then did one IVF cycle using Gonal F/Menopur that gave us 4 mature eggs. We did a 3-day transfer of 1 (the only one that remained at the time) that resulted in a healthy pregnancy and birth. In 2015/2016, we did 3 IVF retrievals and 4 transfers. The first was a Gonal F/Menopur cycle that resulted in 8 mature eggs. We had only two medium-grade embryos on Day 3 so we transferred one and did not get pregnant. The second was a Gonal F/Menopur cycle that resulted in 13 mature eggs. We were required to freeze all post-retrieval because my progesterone was high during the medicated portion (meaning that my lining would not have been receptive to a transfer). All but 1 embryo failed to make it to Day 5, we transferred the one high-quality embryo remaining and did not get pregnant. The third retrieval cycle we switched the protocol to a Gonal F/Lupron medicated cycle. 22 embryos were retrieved and 5 high quality Day 5 embryos were frozen. I overstimulated on the new protocol and once again had to freeze all, this time due to high estrogen. We then did an FET of one frozen embryo that did not result in pregnancy, but had 4 frozen embryos remaining. We then did an FET of two frozen embryos that resulted in a twin pregnancy.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
We have great coverage under BCBS MA and paid 10% of all fees until we reached $1,000 out of pocket, after which BCBS paid 100%. We paid 10% of prescription drugs costs.