7.1

1250 Hancock Street
Quincy, MA 02169
230 Worcester Street
Wellesley, MA 02481

We are also doing PGS testing, so it was requested that she [Dr. Grace Lee] increase dosage to account for low number of normal embryos last cycle and she was agreeable...Prefers single transfer and options/risks were explained...She was warm and friendly...knowledgeable, easy to make appt with. Listened to my concerns and made adjustments based on age and prior retrieval cycle...
Can be difficult to schedule appts at the time/place I needed [at Harvard Vanguard]. Lab services are quick with good hours. Ultrasound tech and support staff at Burlington HVMA are wonderful. Friendly scheduling coordinators...nurse was very helpful and prompt...Easy to talk to, very knowledgeable and experienced. Warm and personable. Able to answer all my questions...Usually right on schedule. Could be difficult to schedule ultrasound at preferred center on some days
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Professional, warm, friendly, knowledgeable, easy to make appt with. Listened to my concerns and made adjustments based on age and prior retrieval cycle.................................... .
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Have your questions and concerns ready. Explain your goals and expectations so that she can personalize your treatment
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
She was warm and friendly. Helped with appointments and her nurse was very helpful and prompt.
Describe the protocols Grace Lee used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
We are also doing PGS testing, so it was requested that she increase dosage to account for low number of normal embryos last cycle and she was agreeable. Gonal F 300, menopur 300, cetrrotide, hcg and lupron trigger. Retrieval is in 2 days so no results yet
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Can be difficult to schedule appts at the time/place I needed. Lab services are quick with good hours. Ultrasound tech and support staff at Burlington HVMA are wonderful. Friendly scheduling coordinators
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard.
High med copays, high deductible. Other costs covered by insurance
Describe Grace Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Prefers single transfer and options/risks were explained

2012, Unsuccessful
Dr. Lee's bedside manner was cold and lacking any humor or warmth. She was very methodical and scientific, and when I tried to lighten the conversation, she was bewildered by my humor... Perhaps it was selective listening on my part, but I heard hope the first time and clarity of no hope the second time. it was heartwrenching and she stared at me blankly.
They [the staff at Harvard Vanguard] remembered me, they were hopeful, they celebrated successful births. [Dr Lee was] cold, formal, qualitative. Unable to connect to emotions. Methodical and scientific.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Cold, formal, qualitative. Unable to connect to emotions. Methodical and scientific.
If you want cold facts, she's great. As the same question in different ways to make sure you get a clear answer. Don't use humor.
Dr. Lee's bedside manner was cold and lacking any humor or warmth. She was very methodical and scientific, and when I tried to lighten the conversation, she was bewildered by my humor. In addition, when I first met with her, she clearly did not indicate "there's no hope for you" with her stats, and a year later when IUI was unsuccessful, her assessment was much clearer but she said "it's no different than what I said a year ago." Perhaps it was selective listening on my part, but I heard hope the first time and clarity of no hope the second time. it was heartwrenching and she stared at me blankly.
I only used IUI because my other option was donor egg, nothing in between.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They remembered me, they were hopeful, they celebrated successful births.
What specific things went wrong at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Already explained in a prior question, but the way my situation was assessed and explained 1 year apart were completely different. Although Dr. Lee said the situation was exactly the same, the second time there was a cold finality to her assessment.
Wellesley

Dr Lee is VERY smart. She is kind and compassionate, but she is not super warm and fuzzy. I like her and trust that she knows what she is doing. She changed up all my plans for my second round and though it is not finish yet, I am already having better results than my first round....Dr Lee took time to call after a failed cycle, met with me to discusss plans for a second cycle, and made me feel like she did care.
They are a part of Boston IVF. All procedures are done in the waltham office. I didn’t realize this at first but it was totally fine, easy to get to and a beautiful facility. Even though Boston IVF is so big, I didn’t feel like just a number....[Nursing Staff] They are great...Dr Lee took time to call after a failed cycle, met with me to discusss plans for a second cycle, and made me feel like she did care....Second round I am doing a lupron mocroflare protocol. First round I did traditional IVF.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Come prepared with questions.
They are great.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Insurance covered most of the costs once we hit our deductible
My insurance will only allow one egg to be put back, so Dr Lee didn’t have any feedback on this.

2014 - 2015, Successful
She [Dr. Lee] is an academic at heart and likes to geek out and explain fertility problems and treatments. She was very caring and attentive throughout months of treatment. Her approach can be more directive, rather than cooperative, I found, compared to other doctors in the practice, but I appreciated this...If you're looking for a doctor who will make strong recommendations and be blunt about options, she's great. If you want more control over your process you might want someone else. For us, it was fine that she was directive in her care, as her decisions were based on research and she was right...
Tracy [nurse at Harvard Vanguard - Well] was our lifeline! Compassionate, informative, and patient with all our questions...
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr Lee was knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and offered us great care. She is an academic at heart and likes to geek out and explain fertility problems and treatments. She was very caring and attentive throughout months of treatment. Her approach can be more directive, rather than cooperative, I found, compared to other doctors in the practice, but I appreciated this.
Dr Lee was very practical and informative in her care, but never cold or uncaring. She laughed with us, shared anecdotes, knew us by name, followed our progress very closely, and showed a lot of concern at every step.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Tracy)
Tracy was our lifeline! Compassionate, informative, and patient with all our questions.

2014, Unsuccessful
To a certain extent we were a number [at Harvard Vanguard], but Dr Lee tried to discuss our individual case in detail with us...[Nursing staff was] Lovely, friendly, outgoing...Clinic does not do egg retrievals or embryo transfers on site...Dr Lee was friendly and knowledgable. She provided us with detailed explanations regarding our treatment plan, possible outcomes, and next steps. Although our outcomes were not successful she remained positive...Don't be afraid to ask lots of questions and ask her to explain in more detail if you aren't understanding the plan/procedure.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
To a certain extent we were a number, but Dr Lee tried to discuss our individual case in detail with us
Can't remember the exact treatment protocols. Following three IUIs, we did one IVF cycle which was canceled before egg retrieval due to spontaneous ovulation, followed by another IVF cycle which allowed for two embryos to be transferred but again wasn't successful.
Lovely, friendly, outgoing.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Clinic does not do egg retrievals or embryo transfers on site.
Completely covered by insurance, no out of pocket costs
Wellesley
We had a standard frozen embryo transfer cycle [with Dr. Grace Lee]. We used injectable medications at a higher dosage that we did with our fresh transfer to ensure that the embryo took...was much more personable than our previous provider...very thorough and knowledgeable, and had good bedside manner. She’s very knowledgeable about different procedures, and sympathetic toward our needs and wishes
Chris [nurse at Harvard Vanguard] was an amazing nurse she was empathetic, kind, knowledgeable, and organized. We saw her with our original provider, and stuck with our clinic so we can continue to see her...Scheduling with this clinic was very frustrating, it led to issues with being able to work full-time...We had a standard frozen embryo transfer cycle. We used injectable medications at a higher dosage that we did with our fresh transfer to ensure that the embryo took.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Lee was very thorough and knowledgeable, and had good bedside manner. She’s very knowledgeable about different procedures, and sympathetic toward our needs and wishes. Dr. Lee was very thorough and knowledgeable, and had good bedside manner. She’s very knowledgeable about different procedures, and sympathetic toward our needs and wishes.
Dr. Lee was much more personable than our previous provider
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine French)
Chris was an amazing nurse she was empathetic, kind, knowledgeable, and organized. We saw her with our original provider, and stuck with our clinic so we can continue to see her
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Scheduling can be very frustrating be sure to advocate for yourself. Scheduling can be very frustrating be sure to advocate for yourself. Scheduling can be very frustrating be sure to advocate for yourself. Scheduling can be very frustrating be sure to advocate for yourself.
We had full insurance coverage for all procedures.
What specific things went wrong at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.