7.1

Quincy, MA 02169
230 Worcester Street
Wellesley, MA 02481

2017 - 2022, Unsuccessful
I feel like she [Dr. Skiadas] really care about my process and my wellbeing. He and her team has always been aware of how emotionally draining this process is. They are very supportive...I trust her knowledge and experience. Even though we haven’t had the results that we are hoping. I know she cares and really is trying her best to help us be successful...ICSI Natural transfer...
They [nurses at Harvard Vanguard] are very caring. Most of the times they returned my calls the same day...One time the lab made a mistake and did not sent the result of my follow up blood test...Sometimes is challenging to find appointments because the only work until 5pm. But the communication after hours is good. They have different clinics and you can have multiple options for the location. That gives additional availability for appointments. They have a good system of communication...
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
She is very supportive and kind. I trust her knowledge and experience. Even though we haven’t had the results that we are hoping. I know she cares and really is trying her best to help us be successful. I hope that it will work someday…
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
To always be honest about your emotional process and ask her any questions. she will be there for you. Don’t be scare to ask.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Even though the result hasn’t been what we expected, I feel like she really care about my process and my wellbeing. He and her team has always been aware of how emotionally draining this process is. They are very supportive.
Describe the protocols Christine Skiadas used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
ICSI Natural transfer A lot others I don’t remember
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They are very caring. Most of the times they returned my calls the same day . They are very nice and professional
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
It is a good clinic. Sometimes is challenging to find appointments because the only work until 5pm. But the communication after hours is good. They have different clinics and you can have multiple options for the location. That gives additional availability for appointments. They have a good system of communication
Describe the costs associated with your care under Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard.
A lot! My health insurance cover part of the it . But I have to pay out of pocket for part of the cost.
Describe Christine Skiadas's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
No comments
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
One time the lab made a mistake and did not sent the result of my follow up blood test . That was the only time I had a upsetting experience. The doctor and nurses helped and supported me with the situation.

2020, Unsuccessful
I only met Dr. Kovalevsky twice in our 9 months of treatment, via teleconference. He seemed knowledgeable, aware of current research, and willing to answer questions at our appointments, but was otherwise seemingly uninvolved in my care...He never called us or sent us a message on the patient portal. I had other doctors perform tests and sign off on clinical decisions...
The two [Harvard Vanguard] nurses I met for my IUI procedures were both kind and professional. Otherwise, I only spoke to nurses on the phone or listened to the messages they left...I had so many instances of miscommunication or lack of proper communication which resulted in huge amounts of stress on my part, and breakdown in care..
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
I only met Dr. Kovalevsky twice in our 9 months of treatment, via teleconference. He seemed knowledgeable, aware of current research, and willing to answer questions at our appointments, but was otherwise seemingly uninvolved in my care. I believe he set a protocol for us of 2 medicated cycles and 2 IUI cycles, but never told us, which caused a whole bucketload of confusion. He never called us or sent us a message on the patient portal. I had other doctors perform tests and sign off on clinical decisions. I believe he had a very large patient load at the time, because were were told we would have to wait 6 weeks for another teleconference appointment after our second failed IUI before starting IVF. I would have trusted Dr. Kovalevsky with an IVF cycle, but not Harvard Vanguard. I was able to switch clinics, have all my records sent over, and see a new doctor 2 weeks before I would have been able to see Dr. Kovalevsky.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Make sure that you fully understand your current protocol before you begin, when you need your medications, how to obtain them, and when you should expect ultrasound, procedure. and blood work appointments.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Harvard Vanguard’s clinic was either horribly short staffed and harried due to COVID, or they had taken on too many patients. No one I ever spoke with on the phone or met in person (other than Jen, the amazing ultrasound tech) seemed familiar with my file, which resulted in errors in care. I spoke with a different nurse every time they called with results. The secretaries were brusque, unwilling to work around my work schedule, and did not pass on my messages to nurses. I had multiple incidences of terrible miscommunication, one of which resulted in us not finishing our first apparently intended IUI cycle. The only time I felt like a human and not a number was when I called one day during my second medicated cycle at my wits end and spoke with a very nice nurse who realized I had never received my protocol flow sheet. She apologized for the error and rectified it. In general though, I felt wholly unseen and unheard through the entire process.
Describe the protocols George Kovalevsky used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Medicated cycles included clomid for 5 days with an ovidrel trigger. IUI cycles also included clomid for 5 days with an ovidrel trigger. None of my cycles resulted in a pregnancy. I have since undergone one cycle of IVF which resulted in a healthy pregnancy.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
The two nurses I met for my IUI procedures were both kind and professional. Otherwise, I only spoke to nurses on the phone or listened to the messages they left. I got conflicting information from the nurses, not enough information, and no one ever told us we were switching from medicated cycles to IUI. Was that the nurses’ responsibility to tell us? No idea. No one seemed to be particularly interested in my care. I got the impression that it was all so routine that they were reading from a script.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
I work in healthcare, and I generally expect to be treated as I would treat my own patients- with kindness and respect. I was not afforded that level of care at Harvard Vanguard. I had so many instances of miscommunication or lack of proper communication which resulted in huge amounts of stress on my part, and breakdown in care. In the continuum of fertility treatment, medicated cycles and IUI are small guns with relatively simple protocols, but they don’t feel that way to a new patient with no information. Harvard Vanguard did a horrendous job both educating me about my care and managing these simple cycles. For instance, we were told we were switching to IUI 36 hours before we were supposed to come in for the procedure. I didn’t know I had to get a blood test to check for pregnancy before 9am in the morning, so no one called me with results and I almost missed starting a cycle. It was difficult to schedule appointments around my own patients- on several occasions I was given a single appointment time in a three day window, 30 minutes away in the middle of the work day. I was never properly informed of my protocol, but it was assumed that I would know how and when to obtain medications. This resulted in me frantically driving to the pharmacy on a Friday after a busy work day to pick up a medication I was supposed to start that night. Infertility is lonely and stressful, and my experience at Harvard Vanguard only compounded these feelings. I have since transferred my care to a new clinic and realized just how wonderful this process can be if done correctly. If you aren’t forced to receive your care at Harvard Vanguard because your PCP is in the system, I would recommend saving yourself quite a bit of grief by going elsewhere.
Describe the costs associated with your care under George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard.
We quickly blew through our $2000 insurance deductible but then only had to pay procedure copays of $40. I purchased the ovidrel through the pharmacy out of pocket since it was $53 a vial instead of $157 if we had gone through insurance. Clomid was covered by my insurance.
Describe George Kovalevsky's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
We never discussed any specific IVF protocol since we did not pursue IVF at this clinic.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
As I’ve enumerated throughout this review, my treatment at Harvard Vanguard was littered with incidences of miscommunication. I was not given a protocol flow sheet for my first medicated cycle, so I had no idea I needed to order medication on a specific day, and got my blood test at the end of the cycle too late in the day and almost missed starting my next cycle when no one called me to schedule a baseline ultrasound the next day. I was once scheduled in Quincy for an ultrasound but was not told, and showed up in Burlington. A nurse called me and left a message with a negative pregnancy test result and thought I had just finished my first medicated cycle, when it was my second. When I called to clarify, no one ever got back to me and the mistake was not rectified, so we were not informed we should be starting IUI. When I finally asked them point blank during the next cycle what was going on, they told me I could do IUI if I wanted, and that the procedure would be in 36 hours. At the end of our second IUI cycle, we were told the next step would be to set up an appointment with Dr. Kovalevsky to discuss next steps. We were scheduled out 6 weeks with no further instructions. I called the clinic to ask if we could do a third cycle of IUI while we waited, and the nurse agreed but never put the order in, so when I called to schedule a baseline ultrasound, no one had any idea what was going on. This was the last straw, and I promptly found another clinic with much better patient communication reviews and switched my care over to them. Having my records sent over took 3 weeks and multiple phone calls to the contractor who handles patient records management, but they did send the notes before my first appointment with my new doctor.
Burlington

[Dr. Obasiolu was] Honest and blunt when delivering us facts. Open to some supplements and acupuncture in addition to the IVF process. Compassionate after my miscarriage. Very knowledgeable of pcos. Covid-19 has complicated my experience.... Frozen embryo transfer protocol: Day 5 ultrasound, Letrezole days 5-10, ultrasound and bloodwork until trigger shot, baby aspirin and crinone 1x day until transfer and continued through pregnancy test. Due to cramping and blood test for progesterone in early pregnancy they increased crinone to 2x day. Ultrasound at 6 weeks showed that the embryo was smaller than it should be.
[Nurses at Harvard Vanguard were] Very compassionate in times of uncertainty or loss during my treatment.... Strengths: knowledgeable, compassionate Weaknesses: scheduling, having to go to multiple offices for ultrasound and bloodwork, experienced last minute changes due to schedule conflicts for the dr (not just time slot but alternate location)... During periods of loss or negative tests I felt like a human but during the process of scheduling and Apts I felt like a number
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Do your research and ask questions. He’ll provide answers but you need to ask questions.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Describe the protocols Charles Obasiolu used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Frozen embryo transfer protocol: Day 5 ultrasound, Letrezole days 5-10, ultrasound and bloodwork until trigger shot, baby aspirin and crinone 1x day until transfer and continued through pregnancy test. Due to cramping and blood test for progesterone in early pregnancy they increased crinone to 2x day. Ultrasound at 6 weeks showed that the embryo was smaller than it should be. At 8 weeks there was no further growth or heartbeat and it was deemed a miscarriage. D&C performed.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Very compassionate in times of uncertainty or loss during my treatment.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard.
Lucky to have insurance coverage for IVF.
Describe Charles Obasiolu's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Strongly advised single embryo transfer.

1 Egg Freezing With Other Docs
Dr. Obasiolu was patient and kind. He was direct and honest but treated us like humans and was sensitive and encouraging. He listened to our ideas and questions and reconfigured the plans to include our thoughts. He was funny and friendly.... checked sperm count and motility, check Fallopian tubes and uterus, IVF with Gonal F 450, HCG, and certitude, estrogen patch with progesterone suppositories, FET cycle with estrace and progesterone injections.
No concerns, it was fine. I like that there were multiple locations [Harvard Vanguard] and that the staff were all friendly and warm. They were all quick to get back to emails and calls and the insurance staff was very knowledgeable.... Katie was friendly and prepared. She was nice and had good follow up.... Dr. Obasiolu is kind and thoughtful. He is direct and spoke to me and my husband like we were humans.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Listen carefully and don’t be afraid to ask questions or make your concerns or ideas know. He will listen!
Dr. Obasiolu is kind and thoughtful. He is direct and spoke to me and my husband like we were humans. He was cautiously optimistic but honest. He listened to us and incorporated our wishes into the treatment plan.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Katie)
Katie was friendly and prepared. She was nice and had good follow up.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
No concerns, it was fine. I like that there were multiple locations and that the staff were all friendly and warm. They were all quick to get back to emails and calls and the insurance staff was very knowledgeable.
Insurance covered most. There were some costs for medication or co-pays. We paid for genetic testing out of pocket ($5,600).
Boston
Dr. Skiadis has been warm and helpful as we have navigated unexplained infertility. She has been proactive when treatments have been unsuccessful in encouraging us to progress to the next stage, but has respected our decisions...Her schedule is quite full, so if you will want appointments with her specifically make them in advance. She did not perform any of our 3 IUIs.
The nursing staff [at Harvard Vanguard] was very accessible and friendly, and would call back very promptly...There are four Boston area locations which can be good to provide convenience, but also sometimes meant that I was not able to get an appointment at my preferred location and had to drive further away...[Dr. Skiadas'] schedule is quite full, so if you will want appointments with her specifically make them in advance. She did not perform any of our 3 IUIs.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Skiadis has been warm and helpful as we have navigated unexplained infertility. She has been proactive when treatments have been unsuccessful in encouraging us to progress to the next stage, but has respected our decisions when for instance we chose to do another round of IUI before moving on to IVF.
Our appointments with her never felt rushed, she listened to our questions and concerns and allowed us to make decisions that felt right for us.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
The nursing staff was very accessible and friendly, and would call back very promptly.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Covered by my health insurance except for some copays
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
I handed in our IVF paperwork at the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and it was lost, there was some confusion since many nurses were furloughed. We had to resign the paperwork but they made it easy for us doing it at the end of another appointment.
Quincy
He [Dr. Obasiolu] is a very straight forward person but has an incredible track record to get people pregnant. We do not have health insurance coverage for infertility, so he has been a huge help in diagnosing but for the lowest out of pocket costs...He diagnosed me as unexplained infertility and recommenced Letrozole for three months. We just finished the three months and have not been successful. During this COVID-19 crisis he is unable to do additional testing but we have mapped out a plan for as soon as his office opens.
They [Harvard Vanguard nurses] have been awesome to send medication and explain procedures. They have also been a huge help in providing out of pocket cost explanations...It’s location is a bit tough. I don’t have any other feedback on the clinic. I have only been a patient for 5 months. It does take a long time to get an appointment. They are very responsive over the phone and the online portal.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
He is a very straight forward person but has an incredible track record to get people pregnant. We do not have health insurance coverage for infertility, so he has been a huge help in diagnosing but for the lowest out of pocket costs.
Be patient.
He is very direct and to the point but also has a great way to explaining himself. He also has been offering phone appointments during the COVID-19 crisis
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Kelly )
They have been awesome to send medication and explain procedures. They have also been a huge help in providing out of pocket cost explanations.
2020, Unknown Success
Dr. Obasiolu is clear and direct. There were often many steps to prepare us for, and he always let us know what to expect next, pausing for questions (which we always had). He did a good job of navigating the complexities and disruptions of COVID-19 on the fertility practice...will provide details and offer objective advice when prompted, but the appointments move fast so come prepared--and take notes...makes a point of pausing to answer questions throughout the visits.
The [Harvard Vanguard] clinic at Kenmore is well-organized and the care team is warm and competent. They did a good job of navigating treatment during COVID-19, which required reorganizing how they operate multiple times...Dr. Obasiolu makes a point of pausing to answer questions throughout the visits...Dr. Obasiolu is clear and direct. There were often many steps to prepare us for, and he always let us know what to expect next, pausing for questions (which we always had). He did a good job of navigating the complexities and disruptions of COVID-19 on the fertility practice.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Speak up and ask all of your questions. Dr. Obasiolu will provide details and offer objective advice when prompted, but the appointments move fast so come prepared--and take notes.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The clinic at Kenmore is well-organized and the care team is warm and competent. They did a good job of navigating treatment during COVID-19, which required reorganizing how they operate multiple times.
Boston

Dr. Skiadas turned my retrieval protocol on its head, using Gonal-f and microdose Lupron with a 37 hour HCG trigger, each twice daily. I had daily monitoring and my doses were adjusted frequently. Because of my good response to this protocol, Dr. Skiadas had concerns for OHSS so she added in Cabergoline and Cetrotide post-retrieval, which was very effective... has been informed and up to date on all of my treatment and results during my appointments with her. I felt that she carefully put together an IVF retrieval protocol that was tailored to me. Although most of my telephone contact has been with her nurses, Liz and Caitlin, I have always felt both that the nursing staff had spoken to Dr. Skiadas and also that were very familiar with my case.
HVMA has multiple locations throughout Massachusetts, with two labs open on weekends. Although this can be a good thing, only one location is really convenient for me and I sometimes found it difficult to get early weekday ultrasound appointments at my location because it seems to be a popular site. If you have an inflexible work schedule this can be a challenge. Also, bloodwork needs to be done prior to 8:45 a.m. to allow the specimens to be picked up by courier.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Although I have not been seeing Dr. Skiadas that long, I have been incredibly impressed with her. Having been through two previous egg retrievals and three failed transfers of PGD/PGS tested embryos, I feel that she worked really hard to put together a new protocol with aggressive monitoring that, so far, has yielded positive results. It was very clear to me that, prior to our initial appointment, she had carefully reviewed my previous cycles and results to find new treatment or tweaks. I had lots of questions about how to do things differently and different tests we could try and she took the time to fully respond to all questions that my husband and I had. She was very supportive of my desire to do some outside testing. Dr. Skiadas explained all of the risks and odds of success at each step of the process, something that I felt in the dark about prior to meeting with her. Although I really liked my previous doctor, I never felt truly informed about important factors to me, such as the rate of fertilization with ICSI, how many embryos can be expected to make it to biopsy, etc. Dr. Skiadas provided me with all of the information I was looking.
Dr. Skiadas seems to be a very popular doctor so make sure to always schedule a follow up appointment right away. So far I have to say that the initial delay in seeing her has been worth it!
Dr. Skiadas has been informed and up to date on all of my treatment and results during my appointments with her. I felt that she carefully put together an IVF retrieval protocol that was tailored to me. Although most of my telephone contact has been with her nurses, Liz and Caitlin, I have always felt both that the nursing staff had spoken to Dr. Skiadas and also that were very familiar with my case.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Liz and Caitlin)
Caitlin and Liz are the doctor's primary nurses and they are both excellent. Whenever I called with a question or concern, I received a prompt call back. They both also did an excellent job of keeping me informed throughout the retrieval cycle, which decreased my stress and anxiety. I have always been impressed with the Harvard Vanguard nursing staff, including the incomparable Chris.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Luckily, my insurance covers most of my fertility care and treatment so I paid co-pays for office visits, procedures and medications after meeting my deductible. I did not have to pay for monitoring bloodwork or ultrasounds. I paid out of pocket for PGD/PGS testing through Igenomix ($6k - $9k per time for both).
Boston

I felt very listened to and respected by Dr. Kovalevsky. He always gave me time to gather my thoughts and ask all of the questions I could think of. He respected my wishes and adjusted my treatment accordingly, so I felt like I had more control over what was happening with my body. He is a straight talker; he was always very clear and easy to understand...retrieved 10 mature eggs, which produced 4 embryos after ICSI.
The nursing staff [at Harvard Vanguard] was always prompt and friendly. They did their jobs efficiently and I didn't spend a lot of time waiting...has so much under one roof, it makes it very easy to see specialists...I was thrilled to find out I would be working with Harvard Vanguard throughout the whole process, and only do the procedures at Boston IVF. I was able to go to the clinic early in the morning to get my blood work and ultrasound done, so it had a very minimal impact on my work schedule. I received phone calls with my test results and instructions, but my test results and medication information also always showed in my patient portal.
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Be prepared for your appointments so that you can ask questions. He is very willing to answer any questions and adjust your treatment accordingly.
Dr. Kovalevsky really listened to me in every appointment that we had. He never rushed me to ask questions, he gave me time to think after he provided me iwth information. When he saw me in the waiting room, even for appointments that weren't with him, he stopped and said hello and asked how I was. I saw the same nurses and techs during my treatment, and they were always friendly. It made the experience feel much more personal than clinical.
We used an antagonist protocol. I talked to Dr. Kovalevsky about lower doses, and he agreed, since my test results indicated I would be a good responder. I was prescribed 250 units of Gonal F and 20 units of HcG dilution. I went in for bloodwork and an ultrasound every other day, and I responded well to the protocol. We did not have to make any adjustments to my dosages. I also took 0.25 mg of Cetrotide. We used 10,000 units of HcG as a trigger shot, since my bloodwork and ultrasounds did not show a risk of OHSS. I took my trigger shot on Day 9, with my retrieval on Day 11. They retrieved 10 mature eggs, which produced 4 embryos after ICSI.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
The nursing staff was always prompt and friendly. They did their jobs efficiently and I didn't spend a lot of time waiting.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
I have always loved that Harvard Vanguard has so much under one roof, it makes it very easy to see specialists. Therefore, I was thrilled to find out I would be working with Harvard Vanguard throughout the whole process, and only do the procedures at Boston IVF. I was able to go to the clinic early in the morning to get my blood work and ultrasound done, so it had a very minimal impact on my work schedule. I received phone calls with my test results and instructions, but my test results and medication information also always showed in my patient portal. I found the process very easy at Harvard Vanguard. Probably the only drawback is that only 3 locations handle IVF. I live close to Burlington, so that was the most convenient for me, but I did have to go to Kenmore when Burlington wasn't open. If you didn't live close to one of the IVF locations, it might be a bit harder to coordinate all of the appointments.
My medications came to approximately $600. My appointments with Dr. Kovalevsky had a $40 specialist copay. My egg retrieval and embryo transfer at Boston IVF came to $9,400. Freezing an extra sample of sperm was $325. I was fortunate that my insurance completely covered my IVF costs. Total cost to me and my husband was about $1,000.
Due to my age and health, we decided eSET very easily. Dr. Kovalevsky talked about the additional risks incurred with multiples. My insurance also set conditions on how many embryos could be transferred, so we would have had to do eSET regardless.
Burlington

[Dr. Kovalevsky] was always kind, patient, and thorough, answering all of our questions. He even called me himself once or twice...took the time to explain his recommendations as to how we should proceed and why, which I appreciated. When our 2nd IUI failed, he called us to come in and discussed in person why he felt IVF was a better route for us at this point. I am glad we listened. He was confident that we would get a good number of eggs and he was right. He also explained what we should expect, and I felt prepared about everything going into the IVF cycle.
All the communication [at Harvard Vanguard] is done by calling, although they do have the online system, it was always better to call. Sometimes there were long waits before I could speak to someone. On the positive side, I was always able to get in for appointments when I needed to and was able to go to other locations if I needed to be there on the weekend. Someone always called me back pretty quickly...All of the nurses were great. There were 4 and I felt we really got to know each other during all my time there. I was sad to leave my team when it was time to change to OB! Chris is awesome. I also loved the ultrasound tech ladies! I hope they are still there when we go back for baby number 2!
How was your experience with George Kovalevsky at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr K took the time to explain his recommendations as to how we should proceed and why, which I appreciated. When our 2nd IUI failed, he called us to come in and discussed in person why he felt IVF was a better route for us at this point. I am glad we listened. He was confident that we would get a good number of eggs and he was right. He also explained what we should expect, and I felt prepared about everything going into the IVF cycle.
Don't be afraid to ask him lots of questions.
Dr K was always kind, patient, and thorough, answering all of our questions. He even called me himself once or twice, when usually it's just the nurses.
We started with 2 rounds of timed intercourse using clomid, both resulting in negative pregnancy tests. On the third try, we changed to femera and IUI, which resulted in a positive pregnancy test, but unfortunately ended in early miscarriage. On the 4th try, we repeated the same treatment, although Dr. K expressed IVF was a better option. However, we felt since it "worked" with IUI it could work again, so wanted to try that one more time. When that didn't work, Dr. K called us to come in and explained again that IVF would be a better route for us. So we agreed. We had to take a month off, but it was smooth sailing after that. Dr. K monitored how I was reacting to meds and adjusted accordingly. Because I ended up with 29 eggs retrieved and high estrogen levels, Dr K wanted to do a "Freeze all cycle" to improve our chances of implantation/transfer success. Again we had to take a month off, but then I had an easy protocol for the transfer. It was femera, a trigger shot, then a week later did the transfer. I asked Dr K if I could avoid the PIO shots and we did crinone (progesterone) suppositories instead. The transfer procedure went well, but it was not performed by Dr K. (The doctors rotate at our clinic for actual procedures)
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine French)
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
All the communication is done by calling, although they do have the online system, it was always better to call. Sometimes there were long waits before I could speak to someone. On the positive side, I was always able to get in for appointments when I needed to and was able to go to other locations if I needed to be there on the weekend. Someone always called me back pretty quickly.
We had a high deductible insurance plan, so we paid for everything out of pocket until we hit that amount. Then everything was covered. We have a lifetime max fertility policy of up to $25k.
Dr K felt we should do a single embryo transfer and gave his reasons for wanting to do so (although I can't recall them all now), but he felt strongly about it so we agreed.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Early on, they found a cyst on my left ovary. It took a few months before anyone told me it was actually an endometrioma. Had I known that fact, I may have chosen to get surgery to remove it or move straight to IVF as opposed to doing those 2 IUIs. I do not blame Dr K, as he wasn't with the practice yet when that occurred.
Burlington

Dr. Skiadas was caring and compassionate. She tried hard to find a solution to my infertility. Her suggested treatments seemed aggressive and she adjusted treatment appropriately when my first retrieval with her resulted in none of the embryos being fertilized. She did all the tests that I read about that should be done that some doctors shy away from...I was allowed to transfer 2 embryos if it was a fresh transfer, but only 1 for genetically tested embryos.
[Harvard Vanguard clinic] Strengths: - multiple locations - nice nurses - associated with major hospitals - monthly doctor meetings in which tough cases are discussed to get other doctor's opinions Weaknesses: - since it is so big, sometimes I felt like a number versus a human...Genetic testing was not covered and was 3,300 for 7 to 8 embryos. My husband needed some sperm testing that wasn't covered by insurance and that was $600.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Do research on your own to make sure you are comfortable with the recommended treatment plan.
Dr. Skiadas was very caring and really tried hard to find a solution to my infertility. One thing I really liked about her is that she was understanding that I had a full time job so we did a few calls to discuss options versus me having to take time off of work to meet her in the office. This was very different than the previous doctor who made me feel like a number and would make me come to Burlington while I was working in city to speak with her about something that could have been done over the phone.
I don't remember, but I do know that I reacted very well to the medicines.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They were very responsive and caring.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Most was covered by insurance so no costs to me out of pocket. Genetic testing was not covered and was 3,300 for 7 to 8 embryos. My husband needed some sperm testing that wasn't covered by insurance and that was $600.
2017 - 2019, Unknown Success
Don't expect him [Dr. Obasiolu] to be mushy or coddling. He is very factual but he is positive and honest with his patients...Based on my age he encouraged multiple embryo transfer and the fact that out of all embryos only 1 has made it to freeze...While Dr. Obasiolo may seem "stiff" I have found him to be personable and encouraging during this process. He even called me a few days after my last failed cycle to give me pep talk and make sure I was ok. At our last visit to prep for our next cycle he was willing to try to new treatments and really seemed to care about us as a couple.
[Harvard Vanguard has] Convenient location and hours and their affiliation with Boston IVF and the utilization of their embryo lab and surgical site. The only weakness is that they will not consider experimental therapies such as human growth hormone for egg quality...They [nurses] are extremely reliable, responsive and caring. I was never left guessing about my test results, insurance auth process, etc. Excellent nurses.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
I feel that Dr. Obasiolu is knowledgeable and has switched our protocols based on our results after each treatment. He is kind and caring. I have run into Dr. Obasiolu at the clinic when I was not scheduled to see him and he remembers both mine and my husbands name and takes time to chat with us to check in and see how we are doing. I work in healthcare so I do know that this tends to be the exception and not always the norm with physicians.
Don't expect him to be mushy or coddling. He is very factual but he is positive and honest with his patients.
Cycle1 was estrogen priming and then gonal-f and menopure. Cycles 2-3 coenzyme q-10, gonal-f and menopure Cycle 4 coenzyme q-10, lurpon and gonal-f, assisted hatching and embryo glue For the above cycles a day 3 transfer (except cycle 1 due to freeze all with no viable embryos) with estrodial patches and crinone after transfer Cycle 5 (pending) coenzyme q-10, lupron, gonal-f, meonpure with baby aspirin after retrieval, assisted hatching, embryo glue, pio and estrodial patches.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They are extremely reliable, responsive and caring. I was never left guessing about my test results, insurance auth process, etc. Excellent nurses.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
All covered by insurance. Have only had to pay copays for medications (average $300 per cycle) and $500 for embryo glue per cycle (to date only used for one cycle)
Boston

Dr. Lee presents as a scientist, not a social worker. She's a problem solver. She presents options and explains pros/cons. The only challenge has been wait time on the phone and for an appointment - although ultrasound appointment options are great.... Lots of testing, then Letrozole for follicle stimulation and Ovidrel to trigger. We've varied the dosage based on my response to try to get the right number of follicles. The first cycle produced too many, the second we got the dose too low. This cycle looks good so far!
The Kenmore and Burlington locations [Harvard Vanguard] are great. Only hitch at Wellesley is that the waiting room is shared with OBGYN. It's hard to hear people excited about their early pregnancies while you wait for your infertility appointment.... Tracy, in particular, is fabulous. Calls back quickly with results, explains things clearly, and answers questions. She never makes me feel rushed.... My insurance covers some, but it's been a couple thousand out of pocket so far.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Be prepared to be educated and given choices, not just told what to do.
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Everyone in her practice treats me and my husband well. They asked questions about our life and always seem familiar with our case when we call.
Describe the protocols Grace Lee used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The Kenmore and Burlington locations are great. Only hitch at Wellesley is that the waiting room is shared with OBGYN. It's hard to hear people excited about their early pregnancies while you wait for your infertility appointment.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard.
My insurance covers some, but it's been a couple thousand out of pocket so far. This was expected, and they had me check on my coverage before starting.
Describe Grace Lee's approach to eSET (elective single embryo transfer) vs. multiple embryo transfer at Harvard Vanguard.
Boston

Dr. Obasiolu explained everything to me during our first visit. He helped me to understand what IVF was and the entire process. He walked me through every step and always said I could come and see him when I needed to. He made me feel very comfortable as his patient and I never left his office unsure of anything. ... He explained everything to me and I was able to receive the best care and treatment.
My clinic [Harvard Vanguuard]was very professional and understood all my needs as a patient. They worked with me on getting the proper treatment and care. They were always there to give me advice and support when I needed it the most. ... The nursing staff was helpful and kind through out my treatment. ... Dr. Obasiolu and his staff were so helpful and caring to me during my entire process.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Obasiolu explained everything to me during our first visit. He helped me to understand what IVF was and the entire process. He walked me through every step and always said I could come and see him when I needed to. He made me feel very comfortable as his patient and I never left his office unsure of anything. He made sure he answered all my questions and that the other nurses took care of all my needs.
I would just say to explain everything to him and make sure you ask questions.
Dr. Obasiolu and his staff were so helpful and caring to me during my entire process. He explained everything to me and I was able to receive the best care and treatment. Having him as my fertility specialist has changed my life in so many ways.
The treatment strategies were just to follow his instructions and follow the instructions when administering the medications he prescribed to me during my treatment.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Nicole )
The nursing staff was helpful and kind through out my treatment.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
My clinic was very professional and understood all my needs as a patient. They worked with me on getting the proper treatment and care. They were always there to give me advice and support when I needed it the most.
My insurance covered most of my cost except for genetic testing.
We talked about my embryos and he made the best selections.
Quincy

Dr. Obasiolu is great at providing answers when asked but was not always forthcoming about information or statistics...In preparing for FETs, I was prescribed Estrace in increasing doses and progesterone in oil. For my second IVF egg retrieval, my dose of Gonal-f was increased...My doctor, in conjunction with my maternal fetal medicine specialist, advised against multiple embryo transfers due to my high risk pregnancy status. As we have used PGS/PGD, the best quality embryos were selected for transfer. First transfer failed, still waiting on the second one.
Overall, things with my doctor's office [Harvard Vanguard] went smoothly. However, getting information on my PGD/PGS testing results was a battle, particularly the first time. I knew that the genetics lab had completed its testing and the results were in but had a very difficult time getting that information from my doctor's office, which was incredibly frustrating because we only had one embryo and I wanted to know if we could go forward with a transfer.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
I really like Dr. Obasiolu and feel that he is competent and informed about infertility diagnoses and treatments. I have a genetic condition that requires PGD/PGS testing of embryos and felt that he explained that process very well. He is very good about answering any questions asked. My biggest issue (and one that is perhaps not unique to Dr. Obasiolu) is that I feel he was not upfront or forthcoming about success rates with IVF. With my first egg retrieval, I had 11 eggs retrieved but only 6 were mature and only 1 made it to day 5. I was shocked and extremely disappointed that only 1 of the 11 retrieved fertilized and grew to a day 5. Luckily, that was normal with PGD/PGS testing but it did not result in a successful pregnancy. When discussing the transfer, I asked what the odds of success were with transferring a healthy and genetically normal embryo and was told about 40%. I know these aren't numbers that people want to hear and are not unique to me but I wish the doctor had been more candid about the chances of success because I felt really let down at every step in this process.
Ask questions! Dr. Obasiolu is great at providing answers when asked but was not always forthcoming about information or statistics.
Dr. Obasiolu sees a lot of patients, particularly after Dr. Jill Attaman left the Harvard Vanguard practice and he absorbed many of her patients. I feel that he cares about me as a person and as a patient and frequently takes the time to review my chart and information before an appointment, which allows us to move forward instead of reviewing old information, which I appreciated.
Because I suffer from migraines with aura, I was started on Estradiol patches before proceeding with my IVF cycles. Both times I started with Menopur and Gonal-F pens, then adding Cetrotide as an antagonist. In preparing for FETs, I was prescribed Estrace in increasing doses and progesterone in oil. For my second IVF egg retrieval, my dose of Gonal-f was increased and my nurse recommended adding CoQu10 to help with egg quality, which seemed to work.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Christine French )
Christine French is far and away the best part about working with HVMA's fertility department. She is exceptionally kind, impressively knowledgeable and a fantastic resource for her patients. She always went out of her way to be helpful, to answer any questions and to provide a shoulder to cry on when needed. This journey has not been an easy or successful one for me and she has been my rock at the doctor's office. The other nurses, particularly Tracy, are very kind and helpful. Scheduling can be a challenge but nothing worse than other doctors' offices.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
My fertility clinic experience is a little bit different as the majority of my treatment was done through my primary care physician's medical group, Harvard Vanguard, but my IVF procedures (egg retrieval, FET) were done at Boston IVF. This set up provides its own unique challenges, with my insurance company dealing with multiple entities, including genetics lab Igenomix. If my insurance allowed, I would keep all of my care, monitoring and procedures in one place because it can be a bit overwhelming.
I am incredibly lucky that Massachusetts mandates insurance coverage for fertility treatment when certain conditions are met. That being said, co-pays and out of pocket expenses add up very quickly. In addition, despite my genetic testing being pre-approved, I continue to fight with my insurance company for reimbursement for $13,000 in PGS/PGD testing expenses. Fertility medications under my insurance were about $1,000 for egg retrieval medications and $200 for FET medications. There were also co-pays for all diagnostic testing such as HSGs, hysteroscopies and sonohysterograms.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
Overall, things with my doctor's office went smoothly. However, getting information on my PGD/PGS testing results was a battle, particularly the first time. I knew that the genetics lab had completed its testing and the results were in but had a very difficult time getting that information from my doctor's office, which was incredibly frustrating because we only had one embryo and I wanted to know if we could go forward with a transfer.

2013 - 2018, Successful
Dr. Obasiolu will let you know honestly how well a treatment plan may or may not work. We really appreciated his candor, but some people may find this difficult. When we had a change in our insurance plan and my husband's hormone therapy was slow to work, he discussed other ways we could start a family, such as donor sperm with IUI. I appreciated having other options to consider, but he was respectful of our final decision to continue my husband's hormone therapy. We are grateful that as a result we will have a biological child.
The nursing staff [at Harvard Vanguard] overall went above and beyond listening to my concerns. If they couldn't answer a question right away, they let me know when I could expect an answer...The clinic itself has very advanced ultrasound machines. The waiting rooms and offices at Kenmore were on the small side, but clean. Getting to Kenmore can be a challenge due traffic via car or public transit, so add atleast 20 minutes to your commute time just to be safe.
How was your experience with Charles Obasiolu at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Obasiolu was very upfront that we would need IVF with ICSI to have a chance at becoming pregnant. He took the time to explain the procedure as well as a timeline for the medications I would need to take during the cycle. Dr. O was supportive of us when we had setbacks. We also appreciated that he referred my husband to a urologist that specializes in Male factor infertility. Sometimes the communication between him and that office was slow and required a couple of follow up phone calls, but that's the only negative for me. Both Dr. O and my husband's urologist came up with a plan for my husband's MFI. Dr. O warned us that this treatment plan may not work for my husband, but over a year later, his sperm count became high enough that we could finally start our cycle in 2018. I received a very detailed protocol for the IVF/ICSI cycle that with the help of Boston IVF has resulted in my pregnancy.
Dr. Obasiolu was always concerned about me and my husband's well being as well as the diagnostic care for treating our infertility.
My husband was on Androgel prior to starting treatment. He was taken off that and started HCG. He was on that for 8 months when our insurance finally allowed him to add Menopur and Gonal F to increase his pituitary function. His urologist also recommended anastrozole to decrease estrogen production. He was on this combination of meds for about 18 months. Throughout this time, he had SA's done and his last one was high enough that we could schedule IVF/ICSI at Boston IVF. My husband didn't have to schedule a microtese surgery bc his hormone therapy was that successful. In July 2018, Dr. Obasioli gave me a very detailed protocol. I was put on estradiol to make sure my estrogen levels were low enough to start stims. I injected Menopur and Gonal F to stimulate the follicles. I also had to take cetrotide to prevent early ovulation. The dosages for Menopur and Gonal F were increased every couple of days until I was instructed to take my HCG trigger shot. After the egg retrieval at Boston IVF, I had to take progesterone cream to thicken the uterine lining in preparation for the embryo transfer. Our treatment plan resulted in 2 embryos. One was a 3 day IVF transfer and the other is being preserved. We are thrilled to expect our first child in April 2019.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Susan at Harvard Vanguard Quincy)
The nursing staff overall went above and beyond listening to my concerns. If they couldn't answer a question right away, they let me know when I could expect an answer.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The office visits I think were about $185 each and billed afterwards. Copays for ultrasounds were $35. The copays for the meds were pricey at $150 each.
Dr. Obasiolu recommended that we only transfer one embryo bc we are healthy and under the age of 35. He was concerned that a multiple transfer could result in twins or more.
Describe the specific things that went wrong at Harvard Vanguard.
At the beginning of my cycle, I was worried I hadn't heard back from someone about my ultrasound before the office closes. They were very understanding and I received next steps promptly.
2015 - 2018, Unknown Success
All of my interactions with Dr. Skiadas...have been positive...Dr. Skiadas is clearly knowledgeable, compassionate, and understanding. I have chosen to try to become a mother on my own (SMC) and have never felt anything but support from her. Her approach has been clear and honest, and progressive relative to what has happened...for the most part my interactions have not been directly with Dr. Skiadas but rather with the nurses.
All of my interactions with Dr. Skiadas, the nurses, and the medical team have been positive. However, Harvard Vanguard is a big operation and can, at times, feel like a machine. There are definite (for me) upsides to that in terms of ease of scheduling (for US, for IUI, etc.) and convenience of multiple locations. ...The nurses have also been very available to answer questions... They have always been warm, professional, and thorough. But if you want a more one on one experience or a lot of time with your physician this may not be the practice for you.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Skiadas is clearly knowledgeable, compassionate, and understanding. I have chosen to try to become a mother on my own (SMC) and have never felt anything but support from her. Her approach has been clear and honest, and progressive relative to what has happened. Again, while I have primarily interacted with the nurses and other members of the medical team, rather than Dr. Skiadas, that hasn't troubled me and so far the convenience offered by the large practice has been a plus.
Because of the nature of the practice, and the opportunities to interact with Dr. Skiadas directly tend to be more limited, I would recommend being prepared to ask all your questions in those consultations if it's important for you to get answers from your RE. The nurses have also been very available to answer questions, but some patients may feel strongly about communicating directly with their physician.
All of my interactions with Dr. Skiadas, the nurses, and the medical team have been positive. However, Harvard Vanguard is a big operation and can, at times, feel like a machine. There are definite (for me) upsides to that in terms of ease of scheduling (for US, for IUI, etc.) and convenience of multiple locations. The size also means that you're one of many patients and so for the most part my interactions have not been directly with Dr. Skiadas but rather with the nurses. Personally, that hasn't bothered me. I feel like I have always been able to get questions answered and the team is responsive. And when I have had interactions with Dr. Skiadas she is warm, clear, and straightforward.
Dr. Skiadas' plan and preference was to do three natural cycles of IUI. The first cycle I did was completely natural and I had a short luteal phase and early period (less than two weeks post-insemination). After that, Dr. Skiadas added a progesterone suppository to the next IUI to help maintain a pregnancy if indeed fertilization and insemination happened. IUI's 2 and 3 were natural, and 2 was with a trigger shot. The 4th was with Clomid and a trigger shot and progesterone, the 5th (due to a cyst being present) was unmedicated but with trigger and progesterone. And the 6th was with Clomid, a trigger shot, and progesterone. Cycles 1-5 did not produce a pregnancy. I am currently in Cycle 6.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Both Caitlin and Liz are warm and compassionate and great communicators. They have been readily available for consultation and follow up questions.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
The Center for Fertility and Reproductive Medicine at Harvard Vanguard is a large practice, with offices in several locations. That contributes to a lot of positives with respect to convenience - generally being able to schedule diagnostics (ultrasounds, labs) and basic procedures (IUIs) at a time and location of your preference. It can, however, at times lead to it feeling a bit like a factory. While my experiences with the medical team have always been positive, I have dealt almost exclusively with the nurses and by phone rather than in person. They have always been warm, professional, and thorough. But if you want a more one on one experience or a lot of time with your physician this may not be the practice for you.
To date (after 6 IUIs), I have had to pay a co-pay for IUIs and for the HSG test, as well as a copay for medication (Clomid, progesterone). Labs and ultrasound monitoring were covered by insurance.
Boston

Natural frozen cycle (the BEST IVF treatment I've ever done). She [Dr. Skiadas] also did a lupron protocol for the egg retrieval and used high does CoQ6 during stimulation that resulted in a lot of viable embryos...She was very straight with me about what was happening, what the odds were, etc and then actually let us make the decisions...She will only transfer one unless there's a reason to do more. In my case we did genetic testing on day 5 embryos, no reason to do more than 1
Transfers and retrievals [for Harvard Vangaurd] are done at Boston IVF, I didn't realize that at first, but it's fine. Otherwise I love that they're part of a larger health care network so you have multiple locations that you can use and transferring to an OB within that network is easy...Everyone I spoke to were very compasionate and answered my many, many questions...Natural frozen cycle (the BEST IVF treatment I've ever done). She [Dr. Skiadas] also did a lupron protocol for the egg retrieval and used high does CoQ6 during stimulation that resulted in a lot of viable embryos
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
She was very compassionate and understanding. Was patient with my issues, I'm not great at this. Let me make informed decisions about everything, did not try to sell me any procedures, made us feel like it would be fine if we quit at any time.
Don't be afraid to ask questions, she'll give you an accurate answer.
Natural frozen cycle (the BEST IVF treatment I've ever done). She also did a lupron protocol for the egg retrieval and used high does CoQ6 during stimulation that resulted in a lot of viable embryos.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Chris French)
Everyone I spoke to were very compasionate and answered my many, many questions
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Transfers and retrievals are done at Boston IVF, I didn't realize that at first, but it's fine. Otherwise I love that they're part of a larger health care network so you have multiple locations that you can use and transferring to an OB within that network is easy.
Covered by insurance
Quincy

We are also doing PGS testing, so it was requested that she [Dr. Grace Lee] increase dosage to account for low number of normal embryos last cycle and she was agreeable...Prefers single transfer and options/risks were explained...She was warm and friendly...knowledgeable, easy to make appt with. Listened to my concerns and made adjustments based on age and prior retrieval cycle...
Can be difficult to schedule appts at the time/place I needed [at Harvard Vanguard]. Lab services are quick with good hours. Ultrasound tech and support staff at Burlington HVMA are wonderful. Friendly scheduling coordinators...nurse was very helpful and prompt...Easy to talk to, very knowledgeable and experienced. Warm and personable. Able to answer all my questions...Usually right on schedule. Could be difficult to schedule ultrasound at preferred center on some days
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Professional, warm, friendly, knowledgeable, easy to make appt with. Listened to my concerns and made adjustments based on age and prior retrieval cycle.................................... .
Have your questions and concerns ready. Explain your goals and expectations so that she can personalize your treatment
She was warm and friendly. Helped with appointments and her nurse was very helpful and prompt.
We are also doing PGS testing, so it was requested that she increase dosage to account for low number of normal embryos last cycle and she was agreeable. Gonal F 300, menopur 300, cetrrotide, hcg and lupron trigger. Retrieval is in 2 days so no results yet
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Chris)
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Can be difficult to schedule appts at the time/place I needed. Lab services are quick with good hours. Ultrasound tech and support staff at Burlington HVMA are wonderful. Friendly scheduling coordinators
Describe your experience with your monitoring appointments at Harvard Vanguard.
High med copays, high deductible. Other costs covered by insurance
Prefers single transfer and options/risks were explained
Wellesley
To be honest I think I only saw her [Dr. Jill Attaman] once or twice. She was nice and knowledgeable but I didn’t get the majority of my info from her. She did explain the tests that I was getting and next steps but she was not overly friendly or talkative, which is fine with me...I only used letrozole for 2 cycles. I got pregnant both times but the first time my numbers dropped quickly.
They [the nurses at Harvard Vangaurd] were simply amazing. They explained everything very well and were so sweet and helpful. I felt like they were 100% committed to helping me...The front desk staff was super helpful and there were several locations so I was able to get my appoitments in when I needed them. They also sent me to more local clinics whenver possible so I could avoid a nasty commute
How was your experience with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
To be honest I think I only saw her once or twice. She was nice and knowledgeable but I didn’t get the majority of my info from her. She did explain the tests that I was getting and next steps but she was not overly friendly or talkative, which is fine with me
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
Ask as many questions as possible
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard?
She and her nurses were genuinely invested in our success. They were SO excited to call and tell me I was pregnant. They squeezed in ultrasounds before office hours if they couldn’t get me in when I needed one based on my cycle.
Describe the protocols Jill Attaman used in your cycles at Harvard Vanguard and their degree of success.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
They were simply amazing. They explained everything very well and were so sweet and helpful. I felt like they were 100% committed to helping me
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Describe the costs associated with your care under Jill Attaman at Harvard Vanguard.
Everything was covered by my insurance. I just had to pay copays
Jill Attaman
Burlington
I felt it [protocol with Dr. Skiadas] was very random and specifics weren't discussed too much. I felt so naive through the first cycle and wish I would have known more...is sweet and seems caring but her patient load is too high and she is never the doctor that attends the retrieval or the transfer, she just sets the protocol. I also felt she could have provided more information and assistance early on and after my insurance ran out I felt abandoned and hopeless.
[Harvard Vanguard is in a] Convenient location, convenient appointment times. Attached to a clinic that provides other services. Parking was good. Overall the staff was professional but they seem to have too many patients to really care about your personal care...Sometimes nurses were very caring but I had other incidents where I felt they treated me like a number and just weren't responsive to my feelings.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
Dr. Skiadas is sweet and seems caring but her patient load is too high and she is never the doctor that attends the retrieval or the transfer, she just sets the protocol. I also felt she could have provided more information and assistance early on and after my insurance ran out I felt abandoned and hopeless.
Just be aware she does not handle your retrieval and transfers. You also need to speak up and advocate for yourself if you have questions and concerns.
Patient load is too high. Had to learn a lot on my own. Felt like follow-up wasn't great.
I felt it was very random and specifics weren't discussed too much. I felt so naive through the first cycle and wish I would have known more.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Insurance covered 90% of my costs.
Boston

Dr Lee is VERY smart. She is kind and compassionate, but she is not super warm and fuzzy. I like her and trust that she knows what she is doing. She changed up all my plans for my second round and though it is not finish yet, I am already having better results than my first round....Dr Lee took time to call after a failed cycle, met with me to discusss plans for a second cycle, and made me feel like she did care.
They are a part of Boston IVF. All procedures are done in the waltham office. I didn’t realize this at first but it was totally fine, easy to get to and a beautiful facility. Even though Boston IVF is so big, I didn’t feel like just a number....[Nursing Staff] They are great...Dr Lee took time to call after a failed cycle, met with me to discusss plans for a second cycle, and made me feel like she did care....Second round I am doing a lupron mocroflare protocol. First round I did traditional IVF.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
Come prepared with questions.
They are great.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Insurance covered most of the costs once we hit our deductible
My insurance will only allow one egg to be put back, so Dr Lee didn’t have any feedback on this.

2013 - 2018, Successful
She [Dr. Christine Skiadas] is very kind, takes her time to answer questions.... Very nice and thorough, I only wish she had more appointments available! It took awhile to get the first appointment and then scheduling could be difficult at times. She was very supportive and made sure to know all of my history.... I wanted a second opinion closer to home and the clinic was extremely unhelpful in getting my records transferred.
[Harvard Vanguard-Quincy] Definitely needs more appointments and more flexible scheduling, it would be very hard to get what I needed. The Quincy office is in an area of high traffic and I was once scolded by the receptionist for being late on a very snowy day.... I wanted a second opinion closer to home and the clinic was extremely unhelpful in getting my records transferred.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
She is very kind, takes her time to answer questions.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Sometime took awhile to get ahold of on the phone.
I don't remember.

2015 - 2017, Successful
I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Skiadas. She was compassionate to my unfortunate struggle , but was also Very honest about expectations. She always had a plan and my trust in her never waivered...Not only did she work to surgically improve a problem that is quite rare and not well understood, she also was always there to answer question and provide guidance and emotional support along the way during our visits.
Always got a call back [from the nurses at Harvard Vanguard] in a timely fashion. Nursing (and reception) was super well organized. If they didn’t know the answer, they would ask my doctor and always get back to me. This is a hard and emotional process— they were always fantastic without exception...multiple locations are helpful!...I can’t say enough good things about Dr. Skiadas. She was compassionate to my unfortunate struggle , but was also Very honest about expectations. She always had a plan and my trust in her never waivered.
How was your experience with Christine Skiadas at Harvard Vanguard?
If I had to do this process 1000 Times, I still would only choose Dr. Skiadas to coordinate my care. She performed several surgical procedures on me and I trusted her judgement and clinical skills above anyone else. Every time I had a procedure done at the hospital, all of the nurses would say “oh, you are so lucky to have Dr. Skiadas”. I could not agree more. Not only did she work to surgically improve a problem that is quite rare and not well understood, she also was always there to answer question and provide guidance and emotional support along the way during our visits. Once my issue was surgically improved, we did several rounds of Ivf. And— while it was certainly a long road— I have a beautiful baby to show for it. I could not be more grateful for dr. Skiadas. I feel like I owe her the world.
Wait for her no matter how long it takes. She is the only doctor I would ever see. Trust her process— it works!
I had multiple surgeries in the operating room prior to starting Ivf with dr. Skiadas. She performed all of my surgeries and the entire process was seamless. Once my uterus was improved, we did an IUI which was successful but ended in miscarriage. She was so compassionate during this time and helped me recover both physically and emotionally. We then did IVF and had an unsuccessful transfer x 2. The third one worked and I have a perfect little baby to show for it.
Describe your experience with the nursing staff at Harvard Vanguard.
Fabulous! Always got a call back in a timely fashion. Nursing (and reception) was super well organized. If they didn’t know the answer, they would ask my doctor and always get back to me. This is a hard and emotional process— they were always fantastic without exception.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Fabulous— multiple locations are helpful!
She strongly recommended single transfer.

2011 - 2017, Successful
She [Dr. Grace Lee] is a little scary, blunt. Not a warm and fuzzy personality. Until you get to know her. She is at the top of her game and a leader in her field so just do exactly what she recommends. she is the doctor that other doctors go to when they need advice on challenging cases.... We have changed the protocol overtime over the course of our 4 cycles (starting cycle 5 today) over the past 5 years and I have received the best possible care. Dr Lee has come in early (before the office opens) to meet with me. She has changed HER schedule to make sure SHE could perform procedures HERSELF to make sure I am getting the best care possible.
Tracey [a nurse at Harvard Vanguard] calls me at every stage of the cycle once the cycle begins. she is thorough, clear and concise with instructions. she has also provided a shoulder to cry on when things do not go as planned.... My first cycle was successful (live birth- my daughter is 3.5 years old now) but i had hyper stimulation and was on bedrest for 8 weeks. following the birth of my daughter we have varied the protocols. at 40 my egg quantity is good but the quality is bad. we have changed the protocol, letrozole this time around, to try to get fewer but better quality eggs.
How was your experience with Grace Lee at Harvard Vanguard?
I have PCOS and do not ovulate regularly. my egg quantity is good but the quality is not great. With Dr Lee's help I have a 3.5 year old daughter and we are trying for our second. I have had an above average amount of bad luck (ectopic, miscarriage at 8 weeks due to trisomy at chromosome 20) but she and het team have never given up on me. We have changed the protocol overtime over the course of our 4 cycles (starting cycle 5 today) over the past 5 years and I have received the best possible care. Dr Lee has come in early (before the office opens) to meet with me. She has changed HER schedule to make sure SHE could perform procedures HERSELF to make sure I am getting the best care possible. She is very scientific and somewhat blunt. thats her style. But if you follow her instructions EXACTLY you will end up pregnant in no time. I have full faith in her and would (and have) recommended her to anyone that asks me about my experience with infertility. She is awesome.
She is a little scary, blunt. Not a warm and fuzzy personality. Until you get to know her. She is at the top of her game and a leader in her field so just do exactly what she recommends. she is the doctor that other doctors go to when they need advice on challenging cases.
I am a difficult case. Dr Lee has never given up on us. We have a beautiful 3.5 year old daughter and are trying for our second now. I have had an ectopic, a miscarriage but we will continue to try. i am confident we will have another child with Dr Lees help. Her nurses, Tracey and Kristine, are awesome. I would (and have) recommended Dr Lee to family and friends. If you do exactly as she says you will end up pregnant. You can not miss appointments though. The timing of everything in fertility is critical.
Describe your experience with your nurse at Harvard Vanguard. (Assigned nurse: Tracy and Kristine)
Tracey calls me at every stage of the cycle once the cycle begins. she is thorough, clear and concise with instructions. she has also provided a shoulder to cry on when things do not go as planned.
Describe your experience with Harvard Vanguard.
Our family goes to Harvard Vanguard in Wellesley for EVERYTHING. Pediatrics, primary care, fertility. You name it. They are awesome. We always receive the best care possible. I am FUSSY and I love them.
BCBS has been great. Deductibles, office visits co-pays and recently the out of pocket cost for the PGS
Dr Lee tries to find a balance between success and limiting the chances of multiples. the risks are much much higher with multiples. expect her to always be conservative in this dept.