Genetic counseling is not offered: Not Offered
Providing backup medication: Offered
1315 St Joseph Parkway
Houston, TX 77002
713-878-0878
On a scale from 0-10, how likely are you to recommend Heard Clinic to a friend?
Strongly recommend: 67%Neutral: 33%9

1 doctor
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Strengths [of Heard Clinic] - for me it is close by work and my home; excellent hours Monday - Sunday whenever you need to see him!...All the staff is very sweet and attentive. The front desk ladies (Erica & Sonia)were super helpful with appointment reminders and lab slips. Claudia who takes all the vitals and is with you during your procedures (HSG, IUI) is super nice and really makes you feel comfortable. Summer is the ultrasound technician and is great at her job! She is personable and quick with her counting and measuring! Dede is the office manager and has always been a friendly face to us (but I rarely dealt with her).
Anovulation, PCOS, Poor Egg Quality
Describe your experience with Heard Clinic.
Strengths - for me it is close by work and my home; excellent hours Monday - Sunday whenever you need to see him!
During treatment, were you treated like a number or a human with Michael Heard at Heard Clinic?
Dr. Heard is a very nice person! He seems like he is a busy doctor though. But once you are in his office you have his undivided attention. Plus he will answer any question thrown his way and give a nice explanation to help make you feel less like a crazy person!
Describe your experience with your nurse at Heard Clinic. (Assigned nurse: Crystal)
How was your experience with Michael Heard at Heard Clinic?
I came into this process not knowing or understanding a thing about my body or its' monthly cycle. He asked all the appropriate questions and did ALL the testing that was needed upfront. He was able to rule out any problem areas (blocked tubes, scarring from endo, low ovarian reserve. My first AMH number came back low so he had me re-test. The second test was much much higher, so I am glad he doubted the first results. He has been quick with lab results and even quicker with placing prescription orders for necessary medication.
What's one piece of advice would you give a prospective patient of Michael Heard at Heard Clinic?
Be brave and trust that you are in good hands! Make sure to do all the lab work and testing so you have a good idea as to what your body is doing! write any questions you have down on a piece of paper before going to your appointment. Make sure you ask him all the questions.
Describe the protocols Michael Heard used in your cycles at Heard Clinic and their degree of success.
My first three cycles we used Clomid. 1st cycle - 50 mg = no mature follicle 2nd & 3rd cycle - 100 mg = several mature follicles but no positive pregnancy test. 4th cycle - 100 mg clomid = one mature follicle but still no positive pregnancy test. Also Dr. Heard noticed by lining was thinner than previous cycles. So he switched me to Femara. Starting with cycle 3 we began to use Gonal F on days 5,7, & 9. I would than go in for an ultrasound so he could monitor the progress. On different days each cycle (because sometimes I would respond to the Gonal F stimulation and sometime I wouldn't) we would do a trigger shot (Novarel or Ovidrel). Dr. Heard said to have sex night of trigger shot. Two days later we would either have more sex or we would come in for our IUI (cycles 4, 5, & 6). IUI was very easy and not painful at all. Dr. Heard also let us record the screen while he was pointing out the sperm and follicles after each IUI. Technically I have already made a video of my first born, before they were fertilized!! Also Dr. Heard recommended me to take Pregnitude (a supplement that is supposed to help with egg development) and my husband to use Pro-xeed (a supplement used to liven up the sperm) and to see an acupuncturist. Used an at home pregnancy test this morning and had a light positive. Going in tomorrow for my beta!
Describe the costs associated with your care under Michael Heard at Heard Clinic.
my copay to see the doctor was $20, after insurance all the medications were $30 each (except clomid and femara - they were only like $8 each). My insurance will not let me use Walgreens so I had to use Walgreens Specialty which has to deliver to your home) So it was hard to receive the meds within a short time frame (like within 12 hours). Dr. Heard was very nice and gave me two sample boxes of the Gonal F and a shot of the Novarel for free. That is a huge expense and it was just given to me no questions asked. Once we had to step up the Gonal F injections he made sure that Walgreens Specialty would have them delivered to me overnight (at no cost). The IUI (my insurance does not cover any "fertility procedures") was $475.00 (IUI #1 & IUI #2) The price was raised to $500 for IUI #3. All lab work was covered by my insurance.
Houston

Ask this reviewer a question about their experience with Michael Heard at Heard Clinic.

If I did it again I will ask for dee [nurse at Heard Clinic], she is the best and will take care of you from a-z. I felt like she’s the only one who had compassion and care about her pts...I would like to be able to call my nurse anytime of the day or at least for my nurse to call me back within the same day. Thorough explanations, especially for those that are first timers. Just the comfort would be nice...I saw the nurses more [than Dr. Michael Heard].
Describe your experience with Heard Clinic.
I saw the nurses more...
If I did it again I will ask for dee, she is the best and will take care of you from a-z. I felt like she’s the only one who had compassion and care about her pts
What specific things went wrong at Heard Clinic?
How was your experience with Michael Heard at Heard Clinic?
He was a very busy man. He gets the job done, but wished he was easier to approach. He was too serious and I have never seen a smile. I understand that this is serious and a lot is on the line but, as a pt it’s already nerve racking as is. It really doesn’t hurt for him to talk and get to know us... for my 3rd iui he asked me if I was a new pt. It really hurt my feelings but again my husband told me it was probably an honest mistake that he sees a lot of pts so he easily forgot us.
He’s good at what he does, but speak up with what you want.
2011 - 2012
The appointments [at The Heard Clinic] run very close to the appointment times. Parking can be a little difficult. [The staff are] are well trained and extremely compassionate...Dr. Heard is very focused on helping his patients reach their family goals. He is compassionate and dedicated. He allows the patient to chose the direction of their treatment if viable. I wanted to continue found IUI even after 6 failed attempts and on the 7th worked.
2011 - 2012
Describe your experience with Heard Clinic.
The appointments run very close to the appointment times. Parking can be a little difficult.
Dr. Heard got to know both me and my husband. We were able to express our desires in regards to treatment options.
They are well trained and extremely compassionate.
How was your experience with Michael Heard at Heard Clinic?
He will do everything medically possible to help you achieve your family dreams.